Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one Double JR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one Double JRR.
Speaker 2: Well, before we get the rock news, we should probably give out the keyword again. If you want to try to win that trip to Vegas final week for these giveaways fly away for you and a guest plus one thousand dollars to go to the iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: You need to text the word festival to two hundred and two hundred and standard data and message rates may apply in this nationwide contest. What do you text festival s E F E S T I V A L to two hundred and two hundred. I was multitasking again?
Speaker 2: Guilty? You were? You are today? It's just god Man, all right. Good news, bad news for fans.
Speaker 3: Of The Cure, No because I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Their longtime keyboard player Roger O'Donnell has gone public with his cancer diagnosis lymphoma, form of type of blood cancer. Said he ignored his symptoms for a while before finally going to see a doctor and with this being so my father in law had blood cancer Awareness month. He felt it was important to make his story public and to urge people to make sure if they suspect something, to please seek treatment.
Speaker 3: It's no joke. Earlier is common sense, the earlier cat something, the quicker.
Speaker 2: Meantime, The Cure are set to release their first new songs since two thousand and eight. Now. They've been performing these two new songs and Nothing Is Forever and I Can Never Say Goodbye as part of their recent live shows, but the songs hadn't been available. That will be changing with the release of November Live in France twenty twenty two, featuring the first new song since two thousand and eight. So right to be able to grab that. If you're a Cure fan, don't know you know? These huge news internationally that Oasis has announced the reunion and the tour dates they've announced so far in Europe. This is going to be interesting to see. They've put tickets on sale for these shows and immediately they got onto the resale market for astronomical amounts of money.
Speaker 3: Drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: Oasis puts out a statement saying they're going to cancel tickets that are not sold legitimately for face value. However, that's going to be kind of difficult for them to do, as it's not illegal there to you know, as much as it is here in the US perfectly illegal now to have a secondary ticket market. Some tickets are going up to eight thousand dollars dollars on the secondary market.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, if you're buying a ticke of for eight thousand dollars, you have an issue.
Speaker 2: Or you have lots of money, and it's just really not concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kerrie King from Slayer, who obviously is out with his own project and band touring relentlessly recently through here in Central Florida a couple of times, both Rockville and here in Orlando, says that you know, Slayer has these upcoming reunion shows, a couple of them on the books, that he's not against seeing more of these here, and there's no there's not going to be any uh you know, new album. There's not gonna be any full blown tour, but he certainly is more than open to uh doing these occasional Slayer shows. Good. So hey, you know, if you weren't lucky enough to be able to go to one of these that's already been announced maybe we will be at some point maybe hmmm, come on, hmm, the.
Speaker 3: Perfect if you played it, let's say, like, I don't know the Plaza Plaza Live.
Speaker 2: I think it would be something more like a rock.
Speaker 3: Rock per Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're or like a hard rock alive. I'm not a tour manager.
Speaker 2: If you're an old school Central Florida metal fan, you probably know the name Nasty Savage from back in the day, Nasty Ronnie Dude. This dude hit his He would smash TV sets over his head during the shows. And this is I've seen it several times with my own two eyes. This is when they had tube TV sets. Yeah, exactly, a Nasty Savage four. I think it was like nineteen eighty three. They're from Brandon and they had they actually really in that scene in the middle eighties. Just we're right up there. Well, now they're they're putting out a new album called Jeopardy Room. This is kind of the second or third time they've second time at a comeback but new, full new album recorded at the legendary Mores Sound Studios in Tapa. So eddy of you old schoolers, you know you have that to look forward too.
Speaker 3: And fans of that, don't forget that we have we have exodus tickets all week, right, we do.
Speaker 2: We'll do those at the end of the show for attention. Pays David Gilmour of Pink Floyd his new solo album, first one and quite some time, coming out on Friday. It's called Luck and Strange. If you're picking that up and you still like to read the liner notes and credits and stuff, you might see a familiar name there. One of Gilmore's old Pink Floyd bandmates, Richard Wright, who passed away back in two thousand and eight. Yet he's still credited on the new album because Richard used to play with Dave back in the day, okay, and after a successful tour they tinkered around and recorded some stuff almost twenty years ago that has now just seen the light of day on this new album coming out Friday, which is kind of cool. Cool. So, the historic venue where Iron Maiden first kind of performed live and started really taking off in London, Carton Horses, is up for an emergency sale. The folks who run this, or should I say lease this right now are very concerned, even though they have a long term lease that the owners of the building are trying to price them out rent wise and change the historic music venue and pub into something else. They're pleading that somebody associated with the music industry just buy the place. Keep it a pub that plays in, hosts live music, and keeps part of a very important slice of history alive. The Cart and Horses Pub in London. If you're up for that, you know.
Speaker 3: Just by it they gat it in money, right.
Speaker 2: I would think that too, But you have their own jet that they've got enough money to do anything they want. We'll see. I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Run to the hills man, run for your life, Run to the pub and buy it, guys.
Speaker 2: A couple of familiar faces shown up in some movies. The Reagan movie that opened on Friday. If you saw that, you might have spotted Scott's Stapp portraying Frank Sinatra singing in a scene that was depicted to be at the Ambassador Hotels Coconut Grove Club in Hollywood at a fundraiser in nineteen seventy for Ronald Reagan's second California gubernatorial campaign. So Scott Stapp pops up in that movie. And then there's James Hetfield who will be playing a lawman in the western thriller The Thicket that will be coming out. So Scott STAPs playing who he played portrayed and sings Frank Sinatra as the irony yes of Mark Tremonti and all the Sinatra stuff. Yes, yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: I understand Scott probably looks a little more and Tremanti But.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there's that. And just for comedic and common sense here reading this interview with Sticks from Steel Panther, and a question was asked, and this is a good question. I've wondered this myself, is like, how have you guys avoided the whole cancel culture thing with what Steel Panther does, which everything is just cancelable, Yes, from top to bottom. And he basically said, he goes, well, he goes. First off, he goes, most of the people come to our shows know what we're about, they know what the gimmick is. The second part is we've really kind of protected ourselves because we own our record company, We run anything, we run everything. We are the merchandise company, and we are truly do it yourself. So if any group wants to protest or threaten us, they're just threatening us, we run the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Screw.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I've offen. I don't know if the same goes for EM and M. But that k neew Houdini's something he put out. He calls it crossdresser straight out. I'll play there. I'll try to find it and play it for you. Pat where I was driving and I heard it and a dude, you're ballsy, ain't canceling me?
Speaker 2: And uh oh, I guess we should probably mention that it is a Tuesday ticket takeover as well on our Instagram. More chances there at one on one one w JR for you to win tickets for the JR Roadshow with US Stained and Breaking Benjamin h.
Speaker 3: Multiple people are picked by promotions. Hopefully you'll be one on them at one on one one WJRR.
Speaker 2: There you go swing by that at some point today. That's your rock news for this morning.
Speaker 1: Thanks for waiting the rock.
Speaker 2: We'll see you now.
Speaker 3: JR r