Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I've rarely had this much fun doing this show. And also let me tell you how much I love you guys on this show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really really love you.
Speaker 2: And I love all of you listening to Usually I'm a but not this morning.
Speaker 3: This morning, it's wow.
Speaker 4: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, and welcome on a Tuesday morning, May thirteenth. If you haven't guessed it yet, with the promo that I love everybody, that was me higher than a kite on opiates from my surgery. And strangely enough, you know I don't like you as much as I did yesterday. We're going back to normalcy, so let me say hello to everybody. First of all, Amy is back, Amy, having returned from Paris.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning for sure, bon sure.
Speaker 2: Now, Paris, of course, is the city of lights. The only problem with Paris is full of French people, but that is a different topic.
Speaker 5: You are totally wrong. The French people were freaking fabulous.
Speaker 3: You are You also are on drugs during the entire trip.
Speaker 6: I did not have foot surgery. No.
Speaker 5: I was so surprised because I was totally prepared for everyone to be sort of rude and they don't like Americans and all of that.
Speaker 6: They were so wonderful.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe we approached it wrong because every time I was introduced to someone French, I would call them cheese eating surrender monkeys. Maybe that is not a way to make friends, could be. Yeah, did you did you take my advice and go someplace else to see the Eiffel Tower?
Speaker 3: Then the Eiffel Tower?
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 5: We did a river cruise on the sand River, so we actually didn't go like up to the Eiffel Tower, but we went like got right by it and saw it by river and then you know, saw it from We couldn't see it from the other place. We went to Moltmart and saw that went to this chapel up high, but you couldn't see the Eiffel Tower from there.
Speaker 6: But we did see it. We just didn't go like up into it.
Speaker 2: Good for you and you didn't go into up on the Eiffel Tower, which is a monumental waste of time the French. Did any Frenchman to say abaga khan on you? No?
Speaker 5: And In fact, on our train ride, we went on a high speed train from Paris to Bordeaux. One day we rode back with these two French guys. They sat next to U, so we talked the whole time. They were friendly and lovely and just like it was just such a cool surprise, and they were funny, and they said that you know what they did. One guy said, he goes, there was one thing a Frenchman cannot say, what's that? And he goes squirrels. They can't say squirrels. And so we laughed about it for the next hour, because did.
Speaker 2: You mention to them that the French caved in after six weeks when the Nazis marched in.
Speaker 3: No or two?
Speaker 5: No, But we were there. See, I'm going to turn everything negative you say into a positive. We were there for the ve for the victory in Europe celebrations, which is a huge thing over there.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: No, it is in both France and in England. And it was so it's cool to be there during the no.
Speaker 2: It was in which the French had very little to do with it. Also, I want to point something out. If you go back historically, do you know if you ask anybody, everybody in France, fought in the resistance. Everybody, yeah, everybody, Oh, I welcome back. Nice to have nice to have you back. And Paris is kind of neat, and the food is spictac killer that you have to admit.
Speaker 3: They take their food really serious.
Speaker 5: The food and the coffee and the wine, and the atmosphere and the slidewalk cafes.
Speaker 6: It was just all spectacular.
Speaker 4: Go to Disneyland Paris.
Speaker 3: You know, why would anybody go to Disneyland Paris?
Speaker 2: Neil you would, you would go to Disneyland Paris, Yes, I would. Yeah, Disneyland Paris is Paris is Disneyland with wine. Well, and the lines and when you go on the lines, you know, waiting for the rides, you go backwards. You don't actually move forwards, and they just have a thing that's all yeah, and the Disney flag is all white that flies above the rides.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're done with that. Let's say hello will, good morning.
Speaker 2: Sure, well was your and I know you know that shirt you're worry makes you look particularly fat.
Speaker 3: I just want to point that out.
Speaker 4: That's so great to be here this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Yeah, good good morning.
Speaker 6: Off his meds.
Speaker 2: Right morning, Kono Neil, Good morning you exactly, yeah, and and good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: It's but by the way, I did take some payments because I woke up this morning. They haven't kicked in yet, so I'm going to go into a loving talk show host.
Speaker 3: Hey, I love you, guys, I really love you. Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot of news to cover this morning. As always, let's do it. Handle on the news, Amy, Neil and Me late story eaton Alexander, the last stone living American hostage in Gaza, released by Hamas yesterday, eighteen months in captivity. Israel was not involved in these negotiations. It was the United States and Hamas and US clearly trying to cowtow to Trump and the US because well, hopefully for them that the US will have some kind of influence on Israel coming in and decimating what's left of Gaza, and we'll see what happens. I don't think much is going to happen in that regard. We'll talk more about that coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 3: We'll do that over the next few weeks because this is big news.
Speaker 2: As Israel says they're going in what they have gone in and they are going to occupy for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 5: Slashing prices with the swipe of a pen. President Trump assigned an executive order that promises to crack down on unreasonable or discriminate discriminatory practices by foreign countries that end with Americans paying a lot more for prescription drugs. He said, starting today, the US will no longer subsidize a healthcare foreign countries, which is what we were doing. He said that this order could lower prescription drug prices by as much as ninety percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one yesterday.
Speaker 2: I gave him such huge kudos for doing this, because it's not just Medicare. It's not just what the government purchases pharmaceutical drugs and the cost they pay, which when it comes to Medicare, is totally socialized medicine. So it's the government that negotiates with big pharma. This also goes beyond that and says big Karma has to sell to everyone in the United States prices that are equivalent to the lowest prices that any foreign country buys drugs from Pharma.
Speaker 3: Good thing, I tell you.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: Biden tried to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, he did, but to a very small degree and this is good for Trump on this one.
Speaker 3: This had to this was too long in waiting. Hey, quick reminder.
Speaker 2: On Friday at eight thirty, we do a segment Ask Handle Anything, And we started that a few months ago only because it's so much fun. And that came out of the fact that all of us are asked about. All of us know, what's Handle like, what's Neil like, what's co built like? And so I thought that we would just I'd answer questions of any kind. And it's fun because usually insanely humiliating, and I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Honest about it. So here, and we have to record them because obviously you're part of that. So here's what you do. During the course of the show.
Speaker 2: You go onto the iHeartRadio app and click onto KFI and the microphone in the upright hand corner click onto that, and you have fifteen seconds in which to ask a question of me. I don't want your opinion on anything. It is not a forum for your opinion. It is just asked me anything about anybody? You know, what do I think of everybody around here?
Speaker 4: I hate them?
Speaker 2: So anyway, during the course of the show iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, let's return to.
Speaker 2: Handle in the Morning Handle on the News with Amy Neil and.
Speaker 7: Me file under God Hates rich People. For around two thousand years, global sea levels, you know, they went up, they went down, they went up, they went down. Well, in the twentieth century they started rising and they have not stopped, and the pace keeps accelerating. This comes at a time where you've got Trump stripping back all kinds of organizations, and in this particular case, you've got PSI are tasked with monitoring set oceans. But since nineteen ninety three, satellites have been looking and it's they're just keep going up and up and up, and so the rich people are gonna drown.
Speaker 3: Well, those long the beach, So you're.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're fifteen million dollars homes along the beach in Malibu, for example, it's gonna look like Louisiana and the swamps with houses up on stilts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not pleasant. It really isn't pleasant. It's gonna be a rough future climate wise for everybody. I've said this before, I'm kind of happy. I'm in the last half of my life that I don't have to do for waste fifty years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, we're happy. You're in the last Oh yeah, I will tell you this. Though everybody looks at this as negative. Nobody looks at it and goes, well, you know, now the poor people that were inland, they'll have ocean front property.
Speaker 3: Good for you. You're right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: The Pope makes the plea. The new Pope, no less Pope.
Speaker 5: Leo the fourteenth, has called for the release of imprisoned journalists and affirmed the what he calls precious gift of free speech in the press.
Speaker 6: The pope was.
Speaker 5: Elected in a twenty four hour conclave last week, called for journalists to use words for peace, to reject war, and to give voices to the voiceless.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's typical pope stuff, but this is fine, thank you. Yeah, we want you know what almost almost you know, it almost sounds like a beauty pageant every time the Pope does it, gives a speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah I want world peace. Yeah, that's what I want.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now, this Pope is kind of fun because for some reason, ABC News particularly and maybe it's because David Mura's Catholic, and I don't know, but they went to his brothers, who his brothers have a very close relationship with quote Robbie the new Pope, and they are in touch with each other every day, so there was kind of a, you know, a fun spin to that. And he seems like a very regular guy who is a very regular guy.
Speaker 3: He was playing wordle with his brother just before get him.
Speaker 4: In a headlock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it was just it was kind of fun.
Speaker 2: And he speaks English obviously, comes from Chicago, and he speaks Spanish, and he speaks Italian, so he is very international. Of the pope speaks for the Chicago accident. Oh, one of the things that was kind of fun when it was ABC News again, did admit that Leo converted?
Speaker 3: He did convert.
Speaker 2: He went from Chicago deep dish pizza to the Italian thin crust and devastated people in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Actually, it's a misnomer. Chicago has great thin crust pizza. Nobody talks about it, though.
Speaker 3: That's correct, you just.
Speaker 4: Did, all right.
Speaker 7: Trump started his visit to the Gulf in Saudi Arabia, and he's talking basically about economic deals, not Gaza, not Iran's nuclear program, but focusing on securing trillions of dollars in investments rather than the other issues. And he even got off the air Force one and punched.
Speaker 2: The air You don't see a president doing this very often. When he went to Saudi Arabia a couple of other Arab states for the primary purpose of business, not for international relations, to bring huge investment into the United States. And he's convincing the Mid East just start piling money into America, which on a business level, that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: That's a very good thing business wise.
Speaker 2: And they are doing so not because the US is a good investment. They're doing this because of a personal relationship they want with Saudi Arabia with the United States. And it seems to be the case. And then the issue of the airplane. Here have an airplane if it's a party favor after one of the dinners they have.
Speaker 5: Is Saudi Arabia have much of a military.
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 2: I mean, we are the ones that supply all the arms to Saudi Arabia. It's not considered a major military. Uh, it's not the only thing. They have to defend themselves against is Iran, and in a very weird way, Israel is their deterrent. They actually have a pretty good relationship. They can't get they can't talk about it because it's all lip service, of course to the Palaestadians, but they rely on Israel to defend them as against Iran, because that's that's the big one that part of the world.
Speaker 7: Back to head on the news news with me and a king Amy okay uh.
Speaker 6: Ice is going to get that information.
Speaker 5: A federal judge has denied an injunction request to prevent the Department of Homeland Security and the IRS from teaming up to get US Customs and Immigration Enforcement ICE to access taxpayer information. And the whole idea behind that is that they would use that information to find illegal immigrants who are subject to deportation. In the ruling, it said, at its core, this case presents a narrow legal issue. Does the memorandum of understanding between the IRS and DHS violate the Internal Revenue Code? The order says it does not. So it looks like if you're here illegally, ICE is going to get your information.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm back, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I really really had to pee and I try to do it as quickly as I can during the course of the show. I mean, I don't wash my hands or shake, so I maan, I do it very quickly, all right. My timing was off. What can I tell you?
Speaker 6: That's okay? You're on meds, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah, I'm on meds. I'm drinking lots of coffee and it's a diuretic.
Speaker 6: Well, we were just.
Speaker 5: Talking about ice and how DHS and the IRS can get the information on illegal immigrants or can give the information on illegal immigrants who are subject to deportation.
Speaker 3: What a surprise.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk more about what's happening with illegal immigrants in general, coming up at seven o'clock a Department of Homeland Security. Because there's a lot of news going on. You know, I should have shaken you know that. Okay, let's move on, you know, I you know Will always you know, for some reason, Will hasn't been around long enough to just let that stuff, you know pass.
Speaker 4: We just easy to get back to the news.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we can do that, Okay, moving on.
Speaker 4: Jeez, thirty year stroke.
Speaker 7: This is Sean Colmes, The assistant US attorney Emily Johnson told the jury as she pointed at mister Combs there he leaned back in his chair there in Manhattan, and she's continued, during this trial, you are going to hear about twenty years of the defendant's crimes. Those crimes, she said, include kidnapping, arson, drugs, sex crimes, bribery, and obstruction.
Speaker 4: And continued to go on and on and on and the.
Speaker 2: A lot of evidence his defense. Defense attorney says, he's not a good guy. Granted this is he's not a boy scout. However, what he did was consensual. Everything was consensual sex. And then they showed the video of him beating the crap out of his girlfriend in that hotel room, grabbing her by the hair, pushing her to the ground, and then kicking her. And I'd really like to see the defense argue that that was consensual, right. I think he's gonna have some real, real problems.
Speaker 6: She's taking the stand today or expected it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gonna be. And I think he had to.
Speaker 2: Go to trial because the plea deal that he was offered was horrific.
Speaker 3: It's almost if as if it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I've been hearing things like he's being real charming and talking to people that work there and the security people, and I wonder if is it just hubris that he goes just let me take this, let me I don't like or defend myself.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't help him that he's invited the jury right there in the courtroom to join him in an orgy.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, how about a white party.
Speaker 7: Uh huh yeah, yeah, speaking of white amy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Trump is not trying to kick everyone out. He's letting a few people in.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: There was a flight that has landed in the US. It has a group of fifty nine South Africans who are all white. They've been granted refugee status by the Trump administration. They were the first people to be granted refugee status by the administration. They're not expected to be the last Africaners to come to the US. So Trump had said that these guys were being threatened and killed in South Africa as they're like farm owners and as the people of South Africa are taking them over again. This has gone on for a long time. It was a big issue in Zimbabwe when the government started giving land back to the indigenous people.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, Well Mugabi, who was president of Zimbabwe Rhodesia they changed the name, was a.
Speaker 3: Dictator for forty or fifty years.
Speaker 2: Any single handedly destroyed the country. It was the wealthiest country in Africa. And then it became the poorest country in Africa, and a lot of it because you had the white farmers, you had successful farms and businesses were in fact taken over because of the pendulum swinging, because the insane racism and apartheid that the African Africans suffered, and so hey, the pendulum swings. And now you have a situation where much the same thing is happening, and it's the Trump administration saying we don't want anybody else other than white people, and white people are being prosecuted, which they are probably and being persecuted, which they probably are, and it's you know, welcome to the world. This didn't happen when Nelson Mandela was president. Nelson Mandela was really Gandhi and Martin Luther King. And it has gone south.
Speaker 7: So another of these big court cases, this time this is against sc Johnson, and you've got a California woman suing them, the maker of ziplock, because she says some of its products contained undisclosed microplastics that mislead and harm consumers. And these are things like uh that say, microwaves, say, or freezers safe, all of these that imply it's safe to use those, but the lawsuit claims that they're made from materials that release microplastics when.
Speaker 3: Used in the microwave for everything does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just lawsuit after lawsuit. I don't know if you were around before. Plastic was there when I was a little one, and my parents used to make sandwiches for me, uh and uh and for you, and they were wrapped in wax paper.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 7: We had plastic obviously when I was around, but uh, I do remember wax paper being used on occasional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was and wax. I mean not that they didn't have plastic. They did, but it was just they did have the ziplock stuff.
Speaker 3: And it was, oh, you know what I wanted. So I thought I mentioned that.
Speaker 7: The movie The Graduate, because there's a scene in there Ryan on it he goes plastics.
Speaker 4: You got to invest in plastics.
Speaker 6: Lost in translation.
Speaker 5: President Trump's Special envoy, Steve Whitkoff, has broken with long standing protocol by not having his own interpreter during three high level meetings with Russia's President Putin. He used translators from the Kremlin only instead. Witkoff met in February and March, and in April and apparently used their translators. Western officials say, if they speak to each other in Russian, he doesn't know what they're saying.
Speaker 3: And that doesn't make sense. I mean, you want.
Speaker 2: Your own interpreter who can pick up nuances and inflection. And so it was the Russian translator. So it ended up happening as Putin would say something, the Russian translator would then go to Witkoff and said, the president just told you to go shove it where the sun Jones don't shine, and didn't necessarily say that. But it makes very little sense not toy have your own interpreter at all. But you know, things have changed, to say the least. Do you remember when Jimmy Carter brought when he went to Poland and brought his own interpreter and she didn't speak Polish.
Speaker 3: It was Gibberish that she was speaking. It's a great it's oh yeah, look it up.
Speaker 2: It's a great story. It is a terrific story. How she it was just crazy, all right.
Speaker 7: San Diego County educator who was once named Teacher of the Year not so much anymore.
Speaker 4: She's been sentenced to.
Speaker 7: Thirty years to life for grooming and sexually assaulting two young boys in her elementary school classroom there in National City. Jacqueline Ma, that's what it looks like to me. Took advantage of her role. She was a fifth and sixth grade teacher at Lincoln Acres Elementary School, and she manipulated the kids basically gifts special attention completing their homework.
Speaker 2: As sick as it is when high school teachers do this to high school students.
Speaker 3: This is elementary school kids. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that one you just don't understand. I mean, that is one sick lady.
Speaker 5: A sex stortion scheme heard around the world. Three years ago, a California teenager killed himself as a result of being sex storted online. Well, authorities have now arrested four men in Ivory Coast for their roles in an international scheme that the Department of Justice has targeted that of victims around the globe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting these kids to send compromising photos which are what to do, and then and then start extorting them, and then you reach a point where these kids just go over the top and they kill themselves. There have been unfortunately several stories of that, and these animals don't care, you know, Okay, that's another one. You know, let's move on to the next victim. It is heartbreaking, and let's do one more to finish it up.
Speaker 7: All right, Santa Monica's palsade parts that stretch along Ocean Avenue.
Speaker 4: There, it's being.
Speaker 7: Overridden, overrun by squirrels, lots of squirrels.
Speaker 4: Although French people can't pronounce it, they are a problem. It's been.
Speaker 7: The population's exploded since COVID, the COVID pandemic in twenty twenty, and.
Speaker 4: It's apparently nuts.
Speaker 7: Like they're so desensitized that people jogging are trying not to step on them because they're running through their legs. People are feeding them. It's basically just another round of homelessness in San Diego.
Speaker 2: A couple of restaurants have opened up in that area, which you're going to help the.
Speaker 3: Population and squirrels a whole lot. All right, we're done, guys. This is KFI AM sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.