Speaker 1: Happy Thanksgiving Eve. It's the Minnesota Goodbye with Jenny Bailey and vant Oh We're chill. This is your final Minnesota Goodbye of the year that will involve just the three of us because I don't think Dave has any vacation the rest of the year until after Christmas, so it'll just be us today and then Dave will be back on Monday. All right, stop messing.
Speaker 2: Around you, start messing around you.
Speaker 1: Let's do some emails. Read This one comes from Brandon and says, Hey, you all need to watch by now The Shopping Conspiracy on Netflix right away. It's pretty crazy and touches on topics you have talked about passionately before. I just turned it on for a bit before bed, but apparently I'm staying up until it's over. But also I feel terrible because I love buying things and we'll be doing so this week and holiday season. Enjoy, Brandon. I have heard some things about this that is going to make you feel disgusted with your spending, and so I'm a little bit nervous to watch it, but I do want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then maybe you can learn to be a better person afterwards.
Speaker 1: That's what I feel like. It's supposed to teach me, so we'll see this one, says Jenny Vaunt and Bailey. First, I have to say, Jenny, you rock as the host when Dave is gone. I don't say that lightly because I definitely cringe slightly in the past when Dave was gone, and it always made me appreciate how good he is and making a smooth show. But truly, you hold the hat to that legend and I am proud of you. Keep up with the great work. That's very sweet view. Thank you see Sydney. That is truly like I don't even know. To be compared to Dave is like WHOA. So I appreciate that. Second. On yesterday's Minnesota Bye, Vonton and Jenny talked about sharing details about their partners, so it led me to want to hear more about Bailey and her new relationship, Oh Trip. Bailey mentioned that Trip listens to the morning show. Did he listen before you were on the show? That's the first question.
Speaker 2: As far as I know, No, I mean, I could ask him, but it's kind of wild that, Like, now that I've been seeing Trip, I feel like more people in Northfield listen than have ever before because it is like a smaller community.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we have people who text in.
Speaker 2: From like the Northfield area code all the time, and people follow me on Instagram that are just from Northfield who only know who I am because I am dating Trip and that's so weird.
Speaker 1: It is weird, but it's also like really cool that you had that influence on getting people in Northfield to.
Speaker 3: You know what I can get.
Speaker 2: If I can get people to listen to the show that aren't just my friends, then I've done something good.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Her next question says, have you two talked about what he's comfortable with you sharing or not sharing on the show?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, like we haven't sat down and talked about it. But I think he understands that I'm going to just say whatever I need to say about him, not need to, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But you want to say you're not going to indulge on every single detail of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but but no I didn't.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen his butt.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: But so he like, it's weird to say, but he is kind of like a local celebrity in Northfield. So, like everyone who's involved with the defeat of Jesse James Days knows who he is because it's like his family I'm quote unquote like runs it sort of or like they've been huge like part of it for forty fifty years or whatever. So like people know who Trip is, so he's like used to being in the public eye. And people were even texting me when I first started talking to Trip saying like you have to like watch out because whatever you do will not be a secret at all because Trip is so well known. So like I think we're it works out because we're both in the public eye. Yeah, so like I'm here like in Twin Cities kind of public eye and he's there Northfield public eye. But like I could bring him or he could bring me somewhere and people are gonna know who I am. But people are also gonna know who he is. So it's like, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: It is cool.
Speaker 2: It's that's why I keep saying we're the Taylor and Travis of Minnesota right now of local fame, because yeah, it's so I think, like he's totally cool with being in the public eye to the point or to the extent that I talk about him on the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's cool with that.
Speaker 1: Got it, and then she has one more question, Does it stress you out knowing that he listens to the show?
Speaker 2: No, I honestly, the last two days his I don't know, he's been like sick or something, so he's been sleeping. Later, I find it comforting when he texts me during the show to say things that he thinks about it, and the last two days he hasn't been and so like today he texted me like, I don't know, half an hour ago and I was like, where have you been.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and I'm like used to it. So No, it does not stress me out that he's listening. It stresses me out more that like my mom is listening all the time, because she definitely listens from start to finish. And I'm like, well, I've said some things that my mom's heard. Yeah, awkward, but yeah, I don't care if trip listens.
Speaker 1: The last thing she says is third. I know Dave mentions that Susan never listens to the show, but I guess I am not sure if Andrew or Alyssa regularly listen. Andrew listens every once in a while if he has time too. He doesn't go out of his way to listen, but a lot of most mornings he'll turn it on if he has time. But Andrew basically gets up, makes coffee and is immediately on phone calls or meetings or something for his job, so he doesn't have like the flexibility to listen constantly. But if someone like texts him and says, hey, you should listen right now or something like shout out Kim because she's a big listener of the show, and Andrew helps them buy a house recently, and she texted Andrew the morning lying that that girl said she's not Jenny pretty, she's really pretty. Yeah, And so she texted and she's like, you need to text Jenny right now and tell her that she's amazing and she's beautiful and blah blah blah. So Andrew just sends me this long text and he didn't even know what he was texting me about because he didn't hear the segments.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I've been told to tell you, yeah, beautiful below.
Speaker 1: What what about Elisa van Melyssa doesn't even know that I'm on the radio. Yeah, she she just thinks you're another guy who goes to an office and works.
Speaker 3: She thinks I'm a custodian.
Speaker 4: Yeah at uh at Robinsdale Elementary. Yeah, No, Alyssa doesn't listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Like she knows. I'll tell her if.
Speaker 4: Like we did a bit about her or something, or chances are like when I'm editing, like for YouTube or something, she'll hear me. She'll hear her name and be like, oh, what's that, and then I'll play like a little bit of it. But Alyssa doesn't care, like at all, and it's not in like a rude way. Alyssa just like even in college, I just talk. I did radio in college too, so she's like, oh, you're doing content?
Speaker 3: Whoop?
Speaker 2: Do do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you like?
Speaker 4: Even when I've been like at home, like recording a fit like with uh it's like a top five list or something for my Instagram. Yeah, She'll just shut the door that way, she doesn't have to hear it.
Speaker 1: So I have to tell Andrew to leave if I'm like recording stuff for social media because he like just wants to be around and I'm like, can you go away? I just want to like do this without like the pressure of if I screw up, then you're there.
Speaker 4: To know me or like but I was recording my podcast a couple of weeks ago, because I do that in my bed, in our bedroom.
Speaker 3: She like just walked in one day and was just like and I was like, you come on, do you like hello?
Speaker 4: And it's very obvious because I sit there with like a mixer and a microphone and headphone, and she was just like, oh, were you recording?
Speaker 3: Shut up? Shut up?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, okay. Well, this says jeers and happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing everything. It's always fun to connect with you guys, even though I'm just a fangirl listening from Afar. And this comes from a Sydney So thank you, Sydney. Happy Thanksgiving you Sydney, see you as well.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This says hello to my favorite podcast that isn't in the true crime genre and to the best morning show hosts ever. I had something happened this morning, and I don't know if I she says, I don't know how I'm feeling about it as an overreaction or if it's justified. So of course I'm going to ask my BFFs, whom I never met in real life, yet here's what went down. We are renters, We have always been and are relatively familiar with the rules, regulations, and basic etiquettes. We live in a cute single family home and a quaint neighborhood in the suburbs. The people who own the house live out of state, so a property management company takes care of it. This morning, I was in the bathroom, half naked, catching up on yesterday's episode of The Minnesota Goodbye, about to get in the show er when I hear a commotion at the front door. I quickly throw some clothes back on and go see what the fuck is happening. I got to my door just as a strange man is unlocking and opening it with the key from the lock box that's there for the maintenance crew in case I'm not home and there's an emergency. Now I'm freaking out because I'm home alone, half naked, and not expecting anyone. He said that he was sent by the owner to inspect the electrical work. She gave him the coach to the lock box and told them to go in. We have always received a text message at least twenty four hours prior to anyone coming for maintenance, but no warning this time. I will add that he was from a legit company and I don't expect anything nefarious on his side of things. He was just doing what he was told. I'm extra pissed because there are two women in this home who should feel safe and secure in the fact that strangers will not be entering our home unannounced at any time. I have emailed the property managers and asked them to remind the owners that there are rules regarding this, and it stated in our lease that we be given reasonable notice. However, ten hours later, I'm still mad and I need to rant. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation, and if so, how did you deal with it? We still have ten months until we can move out, and this was really unsettling. Thanks again for all that you do keeping my dartboard covered and so I know there are no strangers lurking at my front door, and that comes from Jamie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, the rule obviously is always like you need a twenty four hour notice, so that's a huge one. Barely what about you.
Speaker 2: I've I've had people like my landlord maybe like put up a sign that says, like, you need to move your car in the next twelve hours out of the parking lot so we can do this that and the other thing or whatever, or we're shutting off the water in five hours and we're like okay.
Speaker 3: But at least it's like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of like forward. But it should be twenty four hours and nobody should be coming into your apartment. So I don't think you are overreacting that at all. It's like one thing if they're doing like work in the building and they don't give you a notice of that, but if they're coming into the place where you live, absolutely not, like you would have to get twenty four hours of expec are twenty four hours the word advanced notice. Yeah, before that they that they come in. So I don't think you're overreacting at all.
Speaker 3: I would be pissed. Yeah, I don't want to say gracious.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm thinking of Me and Alyssa were getting emails our entire apartment building about like, hey, there's a maintenance chat. I don't know what the fuck it was with some kind of inspection. Yeah, and it was like going on for weeks, like and it's at random, we'll pick random apartment units.
Speaker 3: Me and Alyssa.
Speaker 4: Uh, ironically, we were getting ready to bake cookies. Bake cookies, yes, and I get a phone call, I'm like, what the fuck is calling me? And I see it's like our area codes. I'm like hello, and they're like, oh, yeah, we'll be at your unit in like two minutes to.
Speaker 3: Do this the heck, Like you can't. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If that's technically like because they gave us like a random warning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still I feel like that's not even that's not enough, Like you should know when someone's coming into the place where you live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like not within two minutes. Yeah yeah, that's like if I was in the shower.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, if you didn't get that and then you just heard someone coming in to your apartment. No, She's totally valid in being like frightened in that moment. That's why, like I'm always so thankful that I have like a like I have a regular lock, and then I have a dead lock, like the chain, Like they ain't getting through that chain. So I'm always chaining my door just in case for like these very situations, like you can never tell exactly who's just going to walk in whenever.
Speaker 1: I have never had like the chain lock before, but I do have one creepy story from when I was a renter. I lived in the same place for four years and someone bought it like a year in and so he had the same like maintenance people that would always be coming in and doing stuff. And that was fine and they usually were really great with everything. But one time I had gotten home from the morning show, took a show or did whatever, and then I went to take a nap in the afternoon. And I was taking a nap, I heard the knocking at the door, but I was like, Okay, I know they're coming in for maintenance. Yea, So because I had requested something, so I'm not going to answer the door. They need to go to my bathroom. The door shut to my bedroom. I don't need to get up and like acknowledge anything. He can just go into the bathroom. And so I'm like in there trying to take a nap, and he goes and opens my door to my bedroom and looks in. Now I didn't I pretended to keep sleeping in that moment because it was so fucking uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: But I was also going to do like sit up and be like hello, that would be so weird.
Speaker 1: Too, So because I didn't witness it though, because I pretend to be sleeping in and had my eyeshut I didn't like physically see it with my eyes, but I can obviously hear my door open and someone kind of like looking in and stuff. And I sat there and I was like, what do I do, Like do I email the landlord or what? So honestly, I didn't do anything about it. I just made sure like the next time, the next handful of times, if it ever would have happened again, then I would have been like, yo, you got to get your maintenance people on lock, because this is not appropriate at all.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that he didn't just like open the door and just stand there and stare at you.
Speaker 1: No, I just like opened it, and who knows, like maybe maybe he was like trying to check for something else, so he opened the door and assumed I wasn't home, since I like didn't come out and acknowledge. But regardless, still there, the bedroom door is locked, and it's a one bedroom apartment. It's not like he didn't know what door he was opening. It's the only other door in my apartment. It was Reddy Graby. So anyways, in your thoughts, and I think Jamie, you should follow up with those people again and say, hey, just want to make sure that you guys know that this is not okay, and I want a response to know that you're aware of what I sent you. So let's she The next one says, Hi, my favorite Dart liquors. I absolutely love the vant. We could go with all the sound effects. Get out of here, I will start over it. She says, I absolutely love the current crew. Everyone's different personalities and the way you all just work together. The way you do just makes the show. You each bring something different and it works. Here's a question. How do you feel about your significant others saying love you instead of I love you? Do you feel like it has different meanings when said with or without the eye? My boyfriend is plus years tends to text and say love you more than he doesn't.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Just a topic that's been on my mind for a long time. A right that comes from Patty.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you guys think.
Speaker 3: I used to be you like I used to care?
Speaker 4: There's a difference between love you and I love you, and I'm not big on it now, but I feel.
Speaker 3: About babe and baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. Just babe to me is like anybody can be babe.
Speaker 4: Sure, but like I call Alyssa and I call each other honey or baby, and I guess theoretically somebody could be Thoset also, but I don't know. They just have more meaning behind him. Babe is just so generous, just like love you. It is like, but do.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, I feel like you say I love you when you're having like a conversation about your relationship and how you feel about each other versus love you is like a thing you say in passing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I don't know. I Andrew and I will always say I'm pretty sure. We just say love you when we get off the phone. It'll be like, hey, i'm gonna I'll see in a few minutes, I'm almost home, or I gotta get going, I'm at my appointment. Okay, you love you by and that's all it is. Yeah, and I don't really care. We don't really text much, so I don't have that like physical form of I love you versus love you.
Speaker 3: I really think text Andrella.
Speaker 1: No, I hate texting. We are both like phone call people, so we talk on the phone if we feel like talking. Most of the time, unless it's like we're both busy with something but I don't text her in the morning show because I like have to stay focused, So I don't really text anyone during the morning show. And so I just really don't text him unless like something wild happens, then maybe I would text him something that happened in the show. But for the most part, I just like give him the update when I get home, because we always catch up at like either the end of the day or when we first see each other for the first time in like the afternoon. Sure, that's when we like catch up. So but I'm not I've told you guys this, I'm not a Texter. I don't like I really don't like texting. It's not my thing. And I am awful with my family. They will text back and forth about things and I will forget to respond for days.
Speaker 2: And I do that. Yeah, I'm bad at texting, but I don't not like texting.
Speaker 3: Has that been a red flag for you in relationships? Jenny?
Speaker 1: What people texting?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: You not texting people?
Speaker 4: Like, have people said something to you about it, like, hey, why don't you text mex period?
Speaker 1: Not really, because I think most of the people I respond to texts that are important the morning show stuff, I will always respond when I see it, unless I'm sleeping. Then that's the only reason you're not hearing back from me, like within a couple hours. Is if I took a nap or something. That's like the only reason I wouldn't respond to that. But like other things, I am the person who says I don't have the mental capacity to respond right now. And honestly, the group of girlfriends that I'm in a text chain with, we are all the same. We all will text something and then one of nobody will respond for like a day, then someone remembers to respond, then we all start responding. We're like, shit, sorry you forgot.
Speaker 2: And then you're stuck in a group conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we're all the same, so nobody gets mad at each other because we all do the same thing to each other and that's kind of just how it is. But yeah, no, nobody's ever gotten mad at me for texting. You know me, I know you are very sassy with your texting, and you think if you see someone on Instagram and then they're not texting you back.
Speaker 3: You're like, what the hell I think?
Speaker 4: Just in the same two seconds it takes to post on your story, it takes to respond.
Speaker 2: Nah, takes a different part of your brain.
Speaker 3: But it depends on who you that is true, depends on who you are in why I care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would say at the beginning of a relationship, I probably was like heavier on the texting with someone, but like I don't know even then. I feel like usually I would like call people a lot if I was dating. So all right, that's going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye to Day. Thanks for your emails this week. Dave's back on Monday, so if you've been dying to ask Dave something specifically, feel free to send those emails in but regardless, we always love your emails. You can send those into Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. Thank you for listening. Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate, and we'll be back with a new podcast episode on Monday. There won't be one the next two days, so just to heads up on that. All right, Happy Thanks Saving