Speaker 1: Hi, Billy cunning in the Great America. Welcome this Thursday afternoon in the Tri State Reds Baseball kicks off to not of course, tomorrow they're on the big one starting about two thirty five, Dela Cruz is hitting the how hide off the ball. Great things are happening there in Tito, I trust. But until then, there was a lot of good news about Warren County. And of course the president of the Commission there is David Young, who's the main instigator of keeping the tennis tournament in Mason, etc. And David Young, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And I read this in one of the journals about Warren County. There's about three thousand, two hundred counties in America, and Warren County is number five. Is it a good list or a bad list?
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I've gotten on some bad lists of my life, especially when I was trolling the halls of Sycamore High School, I was on some bad lists. But right now we're on a very good list. And that list is average weekly wage growth across the entire nation. In our beloved Warren County ranked number five in the nation in the increase in average weekly wage increase, and that went from roughly sixty six thousand dollars annualized a year ago up nine point seven percent to seventy two five hundred dollars in a year. So the people inside of our county, their wages are rising.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: In other words, these are private employers, private people, and not government.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Government can't pay people ten percent more year every year. It's the private sector. Free market capitalism works. When the market decides they want to invest in you, your community, your people, then good stuff happens.
Speaker 1: Now do you know the instigator for this? What is it? Because so much of America is under stress. I see the power grid may have some rolling blackouts this summer because we're not invested in that. I see the roads. I see your good friend mayor a feb pureval yesterday was on a road crew filling thousands and thousands of potholes. They've filled over seven thousand potholes and haven't touched most of them. They can't cover snow and eyes, they can't remove it in the city of Cincinnati. Explain to me what Warren County's doing rights is causing this to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, essentially, I think there's a mentality that government can't do everything for everyone, that we stay in our lane for the most part. And again I'm not talking about cutting out every government service to people that actually needed, you know, widows, orphans, disabled folks, of course, veterans. Of course, we should be there as a government, and a lot of that money does come down from the federal government through the state and is passed on to us. But you know, we have our own veterans levees and things like that inside of the county, so we're actually part of our sales tax as opposed.
Speaker 3: To a levee.
Speaker 2: But we try to take care of those who can't take care of themselves. But everybody else in the free market economy, we expect them to be productive. We're not going to pay you to sit home and do nothing. So the workforce is super super engaged, Willy. As a matter of fact, I had a two hundred and fifty thousand residents over one hundred thousand employees inside of the county. Take a guess how many in the last time I checked, and it's been a couple of quarters ago. Take a guess how many were actually on the unemployment role inside of Warren County.
Speaker 1: I would assume very few.
Speaker 2: Just around five hundred out of over one hundred thousand employees. And again assuming national unemployment rates what around three percent or four percent? I mean that should be several thousand people, and it's not. It's like five hundred people.
Speaker 1: And it's because of available work. You know one thing that concerns me all these jobs coming back to America, I'm not sure we of our workforce trained and willing to work. Medicaid is going to be cut a little bit. If you're a healthy American and you refuse to work and you get government benefits and you're under fifty five years old, Trump's going to make you go to work in order to get Medicaid benefits. And that mentality is out there that I'm here and you government must support me. Are you concerned that long term we're going to not have a workforce to handle the jobs that Trump's going to bring back.
Speaker 2: There is a fine balance in a free market of supply and demand, and when you have too much demand and not enough supply.
Speaker 4: Look what happened.
Speaker 2: Even recently under paying people not to work, and this is exactly what happened during COVID. We paid people not to go to work, and there's some justification for that because you know, we didn't know there for a while. But then people got used to getting these government checks and they left the workforce. So what happened Then demand came back, and then what happened Wages started spiking because there was not the workforce there. And the number one cause of systemic inflation is wage pressure. And you and I taught about that a long time ago. If you remember Willy, when the Jerome pal and the Federal Reserve was coming out talking about, oh, this is just transitory inflation, and I said, no, it's not. Because once you start paying somebody that was working out in the Amazon fact or distribution center fifteen bucks, and now all of a sudden, you got to pay them twenty bucks next month, you're not going back to paying the new employee fifteen dollars. That's systemic. Once it goes that wage is set from fifteen to twenty bucks, everybody subsequent to that is going to be making the twenty bucks. It's not going backwards. So that's entrenched in the our economic conditions. So that's my concern is if you start all of a sudden saying, hey, there's a huge demand for workers and there's a limited supply of workers. All of a sudden, wages are going to shoot up, not naturally like we've had in Warren County, where it really is a supply and demand issue and it's in balance, where you artificially spike the demand for workers, wages are going to shoot up, and then I don't know how you avoid inflationary pressures.
Speaker 1: In fact, I listened to an economists this morning through Bloomberg who said that inflation is here to stay because there's an imbalance between supply and demand. That is that we have a large demand for employees and we have a smaller supply, and the more illegal immigrants that leave, that's going to cause wage pressures to go up, which means inflation is going to be here for a long time. Do you buy into.
Speaker 3: That to some degree?
Speaker 2: Yes, And again that's where I think that we one hundred percent need to change our immigration policy to greatly expand our guest worker program.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: You know, if we can track a package within ten feet of anywhere in the world, how in the world can we not have a guest worker program to where hey, you're not on a path to citizenship. You necessarily don't even necessarily want a path of citizenship. You want to come here and earn money for your family and send it back by working in the fields or doing drywall or doing construction or whatever. You're going to do a job that is very difficult for us to fill with US citizens. So we import workers that that's a better opportunity for them. They make more money while they're here, they send it a lot of it back. But while they're gamefully employed, they're welcome to be here as long as they comply with the law. But then once they're done, and we know when they're done with their employment, then they.
Speaker 3: Have to leave. You know, Trump, they're.
Speaker 2: Paying into our system. I don't understand why we don't do that.
Speaker 1: And Trump believes in that too, because we need to have millions of guest workers. And if Americans come out of living in high school or come out of taft and don't want to work, or they don't have the work ethic, and they shouldn't be supported by taxes and government than guest workers that come here, fingerprints, iprints, whatever it takes. Know who you are, work, do what you got to do. Allow them to send money back home, whatever it might be, and get that done now. Secondly, I want to get your reaction to the Tuesday night speech. Of the Trump's speech, he won over several eighty twenty items that the Democrats loathe, and by the way, this morning, Al Green, not the great singer, but the congressman appears to have been censored. But nonetheless, when he talked about criminal illegal aliens out of the country, that's eighty twenty. When he talked about the men not playing women's sports and boys at Levin In High School not going into the girls' locker room, that's probably a ninety ten issue. Were you amazed at the reaction of the Democrats on Tuesday night?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's something we've talked a lot in politics about playing cards. You and I maybe have played a little cards in our life, and when you're playing poker, you don't want to overplay your hand. And right now I think the Democrats are overplaying their hand. That they have such viscery. I mean, they just literally hate Donald Trump. I hate to say that, but they just can't stand him, and so anything that comes out of his mouth, they are saying, we can't agree with a little boy that's you know, a cancer survivor that they make a secret service agent. You're going to sit on your hands for that? Are you kidding me? I mean, so it's this worthy opposition. We're the resistance. Nothing this guy can do is going to be popular. As you said, even though eighty ninety percent of Americans are putting on the common sense hat of of course this makes sense. Of course we want to do this. Why aren't we doing this? And for them to be adamantly opposed to every policy position and saying nothing that can come out of his mouth, it is true, it's just wrong. And I think they're overplaying their hand and I think they're going to pay a price for it.
Speaker 1: And as far as tariff's, in addition, being a commissioner, you're like an economist, you're a business owner, et cetera. Tariffs can be extremely useful because I am told that there's close to a trillion dollar annual trade deficit. In other words, all these countries around the world have tariffs keeping on American products, but our walls are down, their tariffs come in. Don't you think in the next month or two this is all going to work out? And it's going to be an agreement of one type or another and the market will return to sanity.
Speaker 2: Well I think that, yeah, I mean, right now, the number one thing the stock market in particular doesn't like is uncertainty. And right now we have to some degree nothing but uncertainty because the things are changing and it's a rapidly evolving situation.
Speaker 3: So as you know a guy with an.
Speaker 2: Economics background, that that's always unsettling because we don't know exactly what it is. But when you peel back the onion, what are we trying to accomplish. It's really fair trade that if someone has artificial barriers, like the Canadians that have what a two hundred and forty percent tariff on our dairy products, that's not fair. So if you want to have that, then we're going to hit you with something. And then the goal would be for all of these tariffs to go away to where it truly is a free market and we don't have protected industries. As a guy with an economics background, that's what I would like to see is more open fair trade to where you're good at something, they're good at something, and we trade back and forth and you focus on what you're actually good at But yeah, this idea that America has the intellectual capital that we produce most of the startups in the world. We come up with most of the new products in the world, not every new product, but from drugs or technology or AI. Most of the new inventions that have been for the good of humanity have come from the US.
Speaker 3: And so that stuff is.
Speaker 2: Then gone out and benefited all these trading partners and then for them to say, yeah, but we can't let the US dominate our market, so now we're going to restrict their products, then we can do the same thing back. So over time it might be a little messy here, but over time, you know this idea of balance fair trade. I'm for balance fair trade.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, on marijuana, I have on a state Senator Huffman on Monday to talk about marijuana. We Ohioan's voted like fifty eight percent with the marijuana statue. And you and I both know the Governor, Mike DeWine and the head of the House in the Senate right now, neither one of those guys like marijuana at all. They think we made a mistake in voting for recreational marijuana on top of medical marijuana. And so now, right now, there's about five thousand Ohioans working in marijuana. Whether it's in the laboratories or the processors or in the stores, you have a large number of people working and they're productive. This year, one billion dollars will be taken out of the pockets of drug dealers who otherwise would have a billion dollars of Ohioan's money buying marijuana and god knows what else. And it's being taxed to ten percent, which means the state's getting one hundred million dollars, which is a paltry sum compared to the fifty five billion dollar annual budget, but it is something. But you know, from my perspective, I would afford and encourage it because I like the idea of drug dealers making less money, and I like the idea of people going to work making a product to which so many of my fellow Ohioans and Kentuckians want to use. And so now they want to double from ten percent to twenty and cut around the edges to make it more difficult, and don't give the townships and the small cities that allow these dispensaries to get to three point six percent can you are, Can you tell the American people in Warren County what is happening with recreational and medical pod in Warren County And where do you stand on the state almost regulating it out of existence.
Speaker 2: For the most part, I am certainly no expert on this issue. That a lot of times this is coming up in our municipalities that they are regulating or trying to regulate marijuana much more than I am.
Speaker 3: At the county.
Speaker 2: So it really hasn't come before me yet of trying to make a decision on what we want to try to make this look like. But as a simple guy, I go back to some fundamentals.
Speaker 1: It's all about supplying demand.
Speaker 2: Willie. I hate to say it, that there is a demand. Marijuana has been something that's been prevalent in our country for sixty years, and people know the upside, the downside, or what have you, and there is a demand for it. So now we're coming with a choice, and which is what you were alluding to, who's going to supply it? There are people that are going to supply it. The demand is there, it's going to be filled, and so now are we're going to have it to where it's in the government's purview to be regulated and taxed and to some degree hopefully made safer because it's not going to be painted because you're buying it from an established, reputable place and it's not laced with sentinel or something crazy that's going to kill somebody. So that's the it's a binary choice in my in my opinion, that it's here, it's not going away. You know, people know the side effects of it, and hopefully, you know, people are making their own decisions, but that's up to them. I mean, I'm, you know, kind of a libertarian at heart that that's their own personal choice. They know the upside and downside of this, and why not have this in the purview of the government where it can be regulated and taxed.
Speaker 1: Well, state liquor stores are everywhere, and alcohol causes is much more difficulties in marijuana. No one gets high on marijuana and starts our fights. No one gets high on marijuana and starts driving recklessly. But with a liquor and the states in that business, that happens all the time. And if push comes to shove, the marijuana industry will put on a constitutional amendment instead of a legislative fix. And if it's a constitutional amendment like the damn abortion thing that got passed, then the state legislature and the governor will have nothing to do with changing that law. And we don't want that constitutional amendment. Do you agree that that they ought to work together with the industry to come up with a solution.
Speaker 2: Billy, It's exactly what I said before about overplaying your hand. That's exactly what happened on the abortion and people that were pro life. Look what we got stuck with because in my opinion, we overplayed our hand a little bit because that's not where the public was. Marijuana is the same thing. Don't overplay the hand because then you're going to start talking about what Portland where all drugs are going to be legal, and we're going to have the I mean, it would be sickening. You know, Let people have what they want within confines, have it regulated, but don't try to overplay the hand and say nothing zero tolerance.
Speaker 1: And David Young, Warren County Commissioner. Once again, but there's about three thousand and two under counties all of America. As far as wage growth, Warren County, Little Warren County is number five in the nation, which no other counties even close to that. Have you thought about conducting classes for Hamilton County, Kenton County, Boone County, Butler County and all other counties. Have you thought about doing classes?
Speaker 2: I don't know that anyone in certain counties would sign up for a masterclass, Willy, but it is very heartening that when you know, I hate to lose on anything. Hence, you know what we collectively tried to do in Warren County with tennis and things like that. But when we think about being number five in the nation, it's like, why aren't we number one? Well, you know, I actually went back and looked at who's number one? At through four the counties that beat us in wage growth and the nation willing I'll name them for you. Number one the home of this company called Walmart, bill Arkansas. Number two and number three were two counties in California that were the home of a company called Meta Facebook, and the other one was the home of Google and county Number four is Midland County, Texas, where it's the home of most of the major oil companies in our nation. So we lost out to the counties that are home to Walmart, Google, Facebook, and oil companies and then that's Warren County. And I'm not exaggerating. That is literally the four counties that beat us. Good to work, only getting better with the Cincinnati Open coming in July and August is going to be great. And David Young once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And David, You're a great American. Thank you.
Speaker 1: God bless you, Willie, and God bless America. All right, let's continue with more news is next, plus my comments on all the current issues happening in this great country of ours. Plus Reds baseball kicks off three weeks from today. Get ready for my great speech at the Holy Grail on Thursday, three weeks from today. Is the Reds played the Giants. All in News Radio seven hundred WLW, Billy Cunningham, the great American. Warren County is the place to be. One of the top counties in America. There's about three two hundred counties in the United States, and Warren County, Ohio is number five in the nation relative to positive job growth and salary increases. So Warren County is safe and secure. It's nice, got things going on. Same thing in Boone County, the home of the rebels. It's wonderful, not so much in many urban districts, Cincinnati and Hamley County is not much different or better than other urban districts that have a large amount of crime and has a not great job creation and expenses. Rules and regulations. Can't fix the potholes, can't remove the snow. In Cincinnati, the city thereof is not much different than other areas controlled by liberal Democrats who have different priorities than fixing the potholes and holding prices down and making sure kids get educated one way or another. It's not unusual, not different. I want to set up for the rest of today's big show. At one o'clock today, we've scaled to come with us a person who, shall we say, is an expert. This a little bit off track, but I love this tactic. Took is how the mob and gangsters have made big decisions in America resulting and the kind of government that we have. Going back to John F. Kennedy in nineteen sixty. Also, he's got a chapter on Donald Trump, how he matriculated the ins and outs of Ohio and I'm sorry New York construction dealing with the mob. Also, did you know that the FBI tortured Ku Klux Klan members to find out who killed the Mississippi Mississippi freedom Fighters and Megah Reverens's murderer and LBJ was on the he went to a jag or Hoover and said, you know what, we got to find out who's hurting these civil rights workers in Mississippi. And so the FBI contracted to elements of the mob to kidnap, torture, and beat the death Ku Klux Klan members to find out who was doing this. And I guess today that wouldn't be real popular. But you know, one of the reasons that Yellowstone and The Godfather were popular was because of street justice outside the norm and the Dutton Ranch Yellowstone same way that Godfather movies. There was a certain family atmosphere, but if you cross the family, there were consequences. I'm not sure today those things happened, but they happened in the past. So my guest after one o'clock today is Eric Desenhaal. He's written a book about the Mob and the presidencies and how the president presidents going back to FDR used the mob for good purposes and killing and threatening people. And I guess he kept things under control. And then after two o'clock today is a professor John Ellis about DEI and CRT and how this is confusing many Americans as to what is a discrimination. It is not discrimination. I don't think you you in discrimination by keep practicing it simply against a different race or a different gender. It's not the way to do it. It may take five to ten to twenty years to work ourselves out of this situation where a person's skin color, or sex orientation or something else has something positive or negative to do about getting them hired. To me, it should have no impact at all. I work with gay Americans, I work with straight Americans. I work with black Americans, and white Americans and Hispanic Americans. I do and probably you do too. No big deal. It should not be a benefit or a cost to have a certain skin color. And at some point we have to stop the madness. And if you listen to one of my guests coming up, that America was the along with Britain, ended the process of importation of slaves in the Central America and South America. The Arabs and muslim continued it. Most of the Africans continued it for centuries. In fact, it happens today. There's more slaves alive today than at any time in human history numerically, and I'm proud of my country to stop it and a fight against it. So DEI does not affirmative action, really doesn't fit the idea that skin colors should not be a benefit and it should not be a cost merit underlying the word mayor is what should matter. That's coming up later with Professor John Ellis. But until then, I note that the trade deficit, according to Bloomberg, surged in January to one hundred and thirty four billion dollars in one month, So we're on track once again for more than one trillion dollars in trade deficits as a nation. That is what the tariffs are about. And by the way it appears right now, the Trumpster has suspended the tariffs for another thirty days or whatever to work out a deal which everyone knew was coming anyway. But the market's down crazy. But you can't have a trillion dollars every year flowing out of the country on a negative basis continue that for a long time, along with two trillion dollars every year and budget deficits that the budget this year is going to be about six point five trillion, and we only collect four point four trillion and receipts and income tax payments to the irs, which means we've go out and borrow two trillion dollars every year out of the market while shipping a trillion dollars plus overseason dollars. It cannot continue. It's got to stop, and I have some doubt I all confess to this whether Donald John Trump can actually stop it or not. Because to eliminate the Department of Education, which is a great idea, because it has failed miserably that you're going to have to have the Congress at some point passing laws eliminating it. And when you need sixty votes in the Senate to do anything significant, that's a problem because Democrats will never agree that they failed when it comes to public education, which is an unmitigated disaster in this country. We keep doing the same things, anticipating differing results, and keep spending more money to solve problems caused by human misbehavior and out of lack of funding. I also would note, just in a simple way, that most countries have tariffs that keep American products out of their country and the tariffs America charges other countries to bring the items into this country generally are much less than vice versa, and so at some point there's got to be a level of playing field. Milk, for example, is a two hundred and fifty percent tariff. If you want to take American milk and transport it to Canada across the border, it's two and a half times two hundred and fifty percent increase. We can't have that. Either we have a fair playing ground or we do not, And the media doesn't report it that way, but I just did. It's important. Also would note that Walmart this morning asked its suppliers for major price cuts. There are literally hundreds of thousands of small businesses and large businesses that supply products to Walmart. They have some of their own shop brands, such as Target or Costco, but largely they have hundreds of thousands or millions of suppliers that give them the products that you buy. And Walmart knows what's coming. Inflation is not going down anytime soon. It's going up, no matter who's in the White House. Is going up. And so when Walmart and Tarja and Costco are having pricing problems, that's a problem. I also would note that the job creation last month was about forty seven thousand jobs, which is bad. The stocks are dropping on confusion plus recession fears. Americans have fallen way behind on car payments at the highest rate in decades, ringing the story out of the Wall Street Journal quote, Americans fall behind on car payments at the highest rate in decades. In January, those missing their monthly car payments was the highest rate in thirty years seven percent. Seven percent of car loans were not paid back on time, and there's another nine percent that are more than sixty days laid on their car payments, and the Federal Reserve recently reported it. This is three weeks ago that the share of auto loans among all borrowers had transitioned into serious delinquency to find his ninety days or more, which rose an additional three percent to about ten percent in the fourth quarter of last year. The latest spike in delinquencies among subprime borrowers comes at a pivotal time for the US economy, since Donald Trump is now in charge. All these things happened, by the way, in twenty three and twenty four and in January, before Trump essentially took office. He wasn't in office till January the twentieth, and just now his policies have been articulated and they're going to take effect later this year. But I guarantee you that Donald Trump will be pinned by the media and by the Democrats with all these problems caused by a gross increase in government spending a forty five percent increase since twenty nineteen. Add on top of that a trillion dollar deficit, every trade deficit every year as far as the eye can see, and entitlements that are through the roof. The way to solve the problem is well known, which is increase the retirement age for those under the age of forty five from sixty six to sixty eight. And for those of us on Social Security that don't need the money, you don't get the money, and the other ways you can cut around the sides. Also Medicaid. If you can work, you're able bodied, you out of work to take the burden off taxpayers. Medicare is another difficulty because every day there's seven thousand Americans every day of my generation who retire and sign up for Medicare, seven thousand per day, and believe me. The medical expenses are through the roof. It's typical for one American maybe to have in one lifetime above the age sixty five, more than a million dollars each in medical payments and pharmaceutical drugs, et cetera. Not unusual at all, and honestly, we can't afford it. So if you're rich and you can afford your own medical care, you should do that. And if you don't need Social Security because of financial considerations, you shouldn't get it, And that would help those that don't have the same financial means. And to raise the retirement age from sixty six right now to sixty eight up to the age of seventy for those under forty five years old. It's a smart way to go. But I'm not sure politically we can do any of that stuff because it takes sixty votes in the Senate and it's unlikely the Democrats are going to play ball with that kind of stuff. So you add this all together. One of the first payments a person makes is to their car payment, because without a car, you can't get around. It's difficult. When you have record delinquencies and high rates. That's an early indicator that the recession is coming. Throw on top of that the uncertainties in the world, and there are many uncertainties in the world, but you know what they are. And it's a major problem. And Donald Trump is going to be victimized by the policies of the past four or five years, of which he had no control over, but he'll be pinned with it. And twenty nineteen from now a forty five percent increase in federal government budgeting. Forty five percent increase in the last five years from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four. Unbelievable have we had forty five percent? And also hiring of federal employees has gone up by something in the range of one hundred and fifty thousand federal employees who are put on for the past four years that are now trying to be let go by Donald Trump. But that's damn near impossible. But the stocks are dropping, Recession fears are mounting. Suppliers of an s by Walmart to cut their prices. The trade deficit has surged to levels in the month of January. Card delinquencies are rampant, and sometime in the next two weeks is going to be something called a cr a Continuing Resolution a CR, and that means that the Republicans have to sign on to the idea that the current spending will continue until the next CR, in the next CR, in the next CR, and that means that the moneys for the Department of Education, the moneies for USAID are going to be agreed upon by the Republicans to continue. How does that work? I don't know. I do not know, But those in the know say there's some difficult days ahead to try now to get your financial house in order. One good thing, it appears that mortgage rates are going to come down, so that's a positive. But job creation is difficult. You heard David Young from Warren County talk about guest worker programs, which is a wonderful thing. If Americans won't take certain jobs because they don't want to work, or life's too easy, or why do I have to work when I get stuff for nothing, have a guest worker program. Knowing who the illegals are and make them legal, have them guest workers. We have a guest worker program right now, by the way, make it ten times larger. And if those around the world want to come, we know who they are. Here's your fingerprints. A little bit of your history. This is where you're going to live. You're going to pay taxes, by the way, sales tax, social security taxes, et cetera. And if you want to send money back home, so be it. But we want to know who you are, where you came from, what's your record, and what are you going to do. And it's got to be renewed every two or three years, and then bring in tens of millions of workers, which, by the way, or here anyway, either above the table or beyond below the table, so many Americans refuse to work. In addition to all that, we have a terrible education problem in which our schools are not preparing kids for the for the jobs of the future. I noted the letter to the editor of the Inquir Burrow Love put it in the editor and which there's a woman studies person who is somewhat offended that women's studies and DEI enrollments are down because her diploma will be worthless in the future, in the world of the future. Well, yes, if you come out of UC or Xavier, NKU and your major in women's studies are the effects of DEI. Hopefully those are not marketable skills. In the future. You may know a lot about stuff that doesn't matter. I know a lot about stuff that doesn't matter, but I can tell you you're not going to be a productive citizen. It's going to be difficult and difficult and difficult. And so we need to reform completely education. And I don't think we have the power to do it. The judges will stop it or the Democrats won't agree to it. Donald Trump can do all that he can do, but it's going to be less than what he should do because of the system that we have, and we have a great system. I wouldn't trade our problems for anyone in the face of the earth. And America is better positioned now than every country and the face of the earth to continue toward greatness. We finally have a president that'll think outside the box and do things to make America great again. And for this to succeed, jd Vance has got to be the next president for eight years. We can't go through four years of Trump and back to Biden and four years of Trump done back to I don't know, Kamala Harris, are you kidding me? And then keep that going for it. No, we can't survive. We can't continue with two trillion dollars a year and national deficits added to the debt. We can't continue with a trillion dollars a year and trade deficits in which we send dollars overseas and get little or nothing back. We can't do it. Then we can't survive long term, five to ten years. The country we turn over our kids is going to be significantly less than the country given to us by our parents. And I know it, and you know it. We've got to buckle up. The behavior of the Democrats recently, it's been reprehensible. It's been cartoonish contindue. Today when al Green was censured for standing up and disrupting the speech of the President and the House of Representatives and then shaking as Kane, and then there were several dozen or so Democrats as he was being censored, enveloped him as al Green raised his Kane again about ten thirty this morning, and they're all singing, we shall overcome, overcome what your own racism, overcome, what your own bad behavior, overcome, what your cartoonish, ridiculous acts committed on Tuesday night, Well, I don't think so. Thank god, we moved to a better day. So let's continue and stay tuned for this. I read this book recently from Eric Dosenhall about how the Mob and others had been used by the FBI, the CIA, and by presidents from FDR forward for the betterment of our society in a sense and did in fact. Is it true that the Mob elected John F. Kennedy in nineteen sixty stealing one hundred thousand votes in Chicago? Is it true that the Mob went into the Ports of Call in New York Harbor and beat up Nazi sympathizers under the behest of the FBI? Is it true that LBJ had numerous sexual affairs. Is it true that Donald Trump did not build a Trump Tower with a steal so he could pay off the concrete makers in New York City? Is that true? And my guests coming up says a lot of that stuff is true. So if a line becomes available, you know the routine five three, seven, four, nine, seven pounds seven hundred, the new at and t difficult days lie ahead, and the helmsman is going to be Donald Trump and nodded Kamala Harris and hopefully for years to come. We're in a cycle where Americans though we didn't need a real leader with real coyones and a vision that Donald Trump has and that Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi lack. Let's continue twelve fifty six, Home You Reds. Three weeks from day it all begins. We need the Reds back in Tito I trust on news radio seven hundred, Wow, Billy and the Great American. Of course, for years we've been told that the Mob, the gangsters have connections to the citadels of power in Washington, d C. And it's alleged somehow that the Kennedy election took place in nineteen sixty because of John F. Kennedy's dad that kind of set it up through the mob and through the mayor who was mayor. Daily also have some indications of Frank Sinatra's connection to the Mob and Hollywood connections. Also, there's been allegations that Donald Trump has ties to construction and gambling cartels and more, and that Biden's early links to the Irishman Frank sheeron the laboring in official and enforce over Jimmy Hoffa, And there's always that connection, that belief, but so much has not come out. Eric Desenhall is the author of a great book out now. It's called Wise Guys and the White House Gangsters Presidents and Deals they made. And once again Eric Dosenhall, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, let's deal with the current president before we talk about the Kennedys and the Johnson's and Jaeger Hoover, etc. What are the ties, if any, of Donald Trump to construction and gambling cartels. Give me a full report.
Speaker 4: It's very straightforward. Bill. In order to build buildings in New York, you needed labor help, and labor was controlled by the mob. What's interesting is nothing that Donald Trump did is provably illegal, So how he worked with the mob is very straightforward. When he built Trump Tower, he did not use steel like most buildings are. Steel is an international industry. He used concrete. Concrete is controlled was at that time by two companies that owned by the Gambino and Genevie's families, and a little bit by some others. So all Donald Trump did is he paid very well for that concrete and he got labor peace. There is no law against paying too much. And when people when people say things like when I mean Trump drives people crazy, when he says, that just makes me smart when he's accused of something. But whether you like him or not, I think he might be right about that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I grew up in the Atlantic City area where he also had holdings, and one of my uncles, who was a colorful guy, told me very simply how he got labor support. There was a guy named Salvi Testa, a mobster. His father was Phil Testa, known as the Chickenman from the Springsteen song They Blew Up the Chickenman in Philly Last Night. And Salvi Testa had a property worth one hundred and ninety five thousand dollars. Trump bought it for one point one million.
Speaker 1: Oh, how come he overpaid? What about the art of the deal.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, sometimes you pay too much. Even smart guys they sometimes accidentally do things. So what are you going to do? No law against paying too much? We all do it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about nineteen sixty. You have a great section of the book about the mob and John F. Kennedy and his father, Joseph Kennedy. And the legend is that, of course, if Illinois had gone with Richard Nixon, if that had occurred, Nixon would have become the president Kennedy never would have been the president. Maybe in nineteen sixty four he wouldn't have been assassinated, etc. What is the connection to the Chicago Outfit and Mayor Daily and Joseph Kennedy and getting JFK elected.
Speaker 4: Well, when people talk about the Kennedys and the Mob, you really have to be specific because Bobby Kennedy and Jack Kennedy went after the mob. Although Jack Kennedy had these friends in Las Vegas. When JFK was running for president he needed labor help. His father first went to a guy he knew in Florida named Jimmy Alow. If you saw the movie The Godfather Part two, there was a character Johnny Nola that was based on Jimmy alo Meyer. Lansky's partner, Meyer was Himen Roth and The Godfather, and Jimmy Alow said, look, we just got done with Cuba. We don't want to start messing around with this stuff. We're licking our wounds. Talk to your buddy Sinatra. Joe Kennedy talked to Frank Sinatra, who then spoke to the Chicago Outfit boss sam Gy and Kanna. Interestingly, a lot of the other mob bosses in Chicago were not thrilled about the idea of doing business with the politicians because they didn't trust them, and I think that that not all mobsters were very high on the idea of working with working with political figures. In any event, what the Chicago outfit provided to JFK was help with labor getting out the vote in Illinois, West Virginia, New Jersey. Now there's a big question mark in my mind about whether any of this turn earned the election. But the point to me is that help from the mafia was sought, and help from the mafia was received. Where things get interesting with the Kennedys is the plots to kill Castro. There is no question in my mind JFK and RFK wanted Castro dead. When RFK found out that the mob who he was prosecuting was used, he was furious, and the CIA ended up saying, look, Bobby, you want this guy dead, but you only want us to use the nicest people to do it.
Speaker 1: Come on, not gonna work that way now. And in fact, there were numerous attempts to kill Fidel Castro put together by the United States. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: There were about eight attempts involving the mob they all failed, and there's a question mark about how hard the mob tried and whether or not what they were really looking for was to get leniency from prosecute from the Kennedys, to get something on them, because quite frankly, if you talk to the people from that era who were involved with the mob, they knew Havana was over, they knew they weren't getting their casinos back, but their motive was probably different, which was to get something on the Kennedys, and they didn't. They didn't really succeed and ended up walking away licking their wounds. I also think that one of the conclusions I have in the book is that overall, the people, the politicians and the businessmen who knew how to use the mob, shared better than the mobsters themselves.
Speaker 1: Assuming it's fair to say the mob believed they were owed something after JFK's election because of West Virginia, New Jersey, and Illinois to turn the election toward toward away from Nexton and toward JFK. Because please explain.
Speaker 4: That, well, they thought they did help, and sam Gy and Conna in particular help, and then you start getting into the preposterous allegations that they had something to do with the assassination. They most certainly did not. One of the things that made mobsters of that generation smart is they knew their place. The mob, the Chicago outfit particularly, was wired up by the FBI illegally. By the way, there is nothing. They were absolutely shocked by the assassination. They weren't exactly unhappy about it. But one of the things the wire taps picked up is the mob guys going, we bet we're going to get blamed for this and they're going to kill us. Because one of the things that you know, you take a mobster like my hometown guy, Angelo Bruno of Philadelphia in South Jersey, they picked him up on tape saying that one of his guys shoved an FBI agent and the FBI guys nearly beat him to death. The mob knew who who had the muscle, and it wasn't them. When compared to the federal government, you don't mess with the Feds.
Speaker 1: Did Sam Ga Kanna, the gangster in and around Chicago, and John F. Kennedy, didn't they share the same girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Judy Campbell later Judith Exner, that is unequivocally true, no question that that's true. What is probably not true. Were the allegations that JFK was stuffing briefcases filled with cash to take to Sam g and Kanna. JFK and his brother were far removed from the kind of mob slash political activity that went on. That was their father, who knew them from needing labor support, not by the way, from bootlegging, which is a myth. Joe Kennedy was not a bootlegger. He was too smart to be a bootlegger. He was able to find ways to do things technically legally, and that's what made him such a character.
Speaker 1: Did Ja Jegger Hoover, the director of the FBI for like thirty five or forty years, go to John F. Kennedy and knew that JFK had the third on Kennedy and that did he? Now, John F. Kennedy, look you got to leave Judith Exner alone because that's Giacana's girlfriend. Did that ever happen?
Speaker 4: Yes? At first he went to Bobby who was nominally his boss, and Bobby knew his brother had a zipper problem, and they and Jaeger Hoover spoke to the Kennedys and said, look, you've got seventy telephone calls logged in the White House from this woman. This is not smart. And so what the deal was was Bobby agreed to get his brother to stay away from Judy Campbell, and what Hoover wanted in return was the right to wire tap Martin Luther King, and he received that from Bobby Kennedy, which which.
Speaker 1: Is all illegal. So the Kennedy's wiretap King, and that's where they found out all the dirt on Martin Luther King Junior with all the girlfriends correct of King.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did find that out. I think that the wire taps of the mob at that time were illegal, but I believe some of the wire taps of Martin Luther King were technically legal. But what they were looking for it was absolutely vicious what they did to King in terms of getting him in sexual positions, which is the kind of thing that Hoover really really was looking for out of King. And the issue, by the way, was not straight racism, although that may have played into it. Hoover was absolutely focused on communism and was convinced that the Civil rights movement was funded by Moscow, some of which is true, but the civil rights movement would have happened anyway.
Speaker 1: Let's get to another category which is fascinating in your book, Eric Desenhall, which is wise guys in the White House, how LBJ and the FBI used the mob to hunt down the killers of civil rights activists. Now as through that again, LBJ and the FBI used the mob to kill the killers as civil rights activists explain that.
Speaker 4: One JF LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act in nineteen sixty four, he was doing very well. Soon after civil rights workers were disappearing and getting killed, most famously the three civil Rights Workers. This looked very bad because what it showed in Johnson's view that he looked like he wasn't sincere about civil rights if he let something like this stand. And so he goes Hoover, who really didn't want to help out on civil rights, and he said, I don't care what you have to do. Find them. And Hoover had a problem on his hands. He didn't have had not infiltrated the KKK in any meaningful way. They had just flipped a guy named Greg Scarpa of the Colombo crime family, an absolutely psychopathic killer, and they dispatched Greg Scarpa on several different occasions to Mississippi and other areas of the South to torture KKK members and sympathizers to give up the killers of the civil rights activists. If you look at the movie Mississippi Burning, they have an African American FBI agent torturing the KKK. It that was not what happened. It was a mafio so named Greg Scarpa, who was for thirty five years or so was an active member of the Columbo crime family. And he was also a snitch and a torturer for the FBI, at least during those early years.
Speaker 1: So the FAI indirectly or directly tortured the killers of civil rights activists in order to hunt down there was four of them that were killed, plus Medgar Everans. They wanted to find out who did it. And so LBJ kind of wink wink, nod nod to the FBI, do what you got to do, find out what had happened. And Jaeger Hoover was pulled to the party by his ankles. First, he didn't want to look him. He didn't want hunt him down because Ethi King, Martin Luther King, was controlled by communism. He didn't want no part of that. Now, let's move on to the deal caught with Lucky Luciano to protect the New York City waterfront during World War Two. This was FDR explained what Luciana did to protect America and believe it or not, isn't it true that most gangsters were somewhat patriotic?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Very I got a hold the guy who ran the program for the government and for the mob in the World War II was Mayor Lansky and who some of his family have been friends of mine for years. I had access to his thinking, his records, and Mayor Lansky was approached. Here's what happened. A few weeks after Pearl Harbor, the largest cruise ship in the world, the Normandy, blew up and caught fire in New York. It was suspected at that time it was Nazi sabotage because Nazi U boats were seen going up and down the Hudson and off the coast of New York. The Navy went to the docks to try to get cooperation to be on the lookout for Nazi sympathizers, but the doc workers told them no, we're not going to help people in uniform because they thought they didn't want to be snitches for the government. They realized they had a problem. So they had a problem because many of the Italians resented the government because Italians were declared enemy aliens by FDR. So what ended up happening is they realized, you know, we better go to a different type of mobster. They went to may Or Lansky, who was Jewish and was Lucky Luciano's partner. Lanski visited Luciano got an agreement to get cooperation on the docks, to allow the Navy to infiltrate the docks, and to also harass Nazi sympathizers. I mean, they were beating the daylights out of them all over New York. And it's hard to imagine in this day and age there was a large Nazi movement in New York City, but there was, and so the mob provided two services. They harassed Nazi sympathizers and made the docks inhospitable for Zazi saboteurs. But when it came time to invade Sicily, as General Patton did, Lanski and Luciano provided contacts in Sicily for the American military to use to understand the beaches better, Where is it better to land, How can we get support from mafia in Sicily, and at the end of it, what Luciano got in return is he was in prison, and he had been in prison since nineteen thirty six, and he ended up being had was freed from prison, but he was deported. And one of the other reasons Meyer Lansky was approached was he had attempted to enlist in the army, but he was too old, he was forty, and too short he was five to four. But Meyer was so taken with his experience with the military that he sent his son to West Point.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. One of the popularities of the Godfather movies and The Yellowstone is street justice that somehow the American is. You know, the Dutton Ranch and also the Godfather, there's street justice. And when you bring up Nazi sympathizers in New York City, I see again there's Hamas sympathizers in New York City shutting down Bernard College today because they're in league with Hamas. I can only imagine, going back forty or fifty years before social media, what the FBI and what the mob would have done to Hammas sympathizers. It would not have been good.
Speaker 4: Well, there's no question in my mind that at one time in history. I mean, there's really no big Jewish rackets anymore, but back in the mid mid twentieth century there were. There is little doubt in my mind what Lanski and Luciano would have done the deal with Hamas in this day and age. But unfortunately they're so well funded by Iran, and they have so much help on the left, it's very, very hard to dislodge them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Mob would have done it. But nonetheless, the book is Wise Guys in the White House. The author is Eric Dezenhall. It's a great book. It's a great read, answering many the questions about mailn. Monroe, about LBJ, about Jay or Hoover, about Lou Wasserman, about Trump's connections to construction and gambling cartels, about Biden's links, and so much more. But Eric, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and good luck with the book. Thank you, thanks so much, Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more Street Justice, Yellowstone, and the Godfather on news Radio seven hundreds.
Speaker 6: W Audom, is this right on your subject to Night Cunningham, You're going to write a if you could write your own marriage contract what would be the terms. That's on Bill Cunningham Show tonight. Bok, wouldn't you know what a lawyer would have another contract for us to deal with Cunningham and a judge and a judge, Well, that's on Bill Cunningham Show tonight. Seems like a terrible waste of talent to talk about a marriage contract with a judge, oh, a divorce judge. Now we understand it's nine o'clock in Cincinnati. This is seven hundred WLW. Tomorrow night, we'll have Tony h as a guest. Thanks to Bob Stacking your phone calls up. Next with the news is Jeff Henderson.
Speaker 1: Good evening, more great February.
Speaker 4: Well, hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Quiet skos. I'm broadcasting Craig who was born eighty years ago today. That would be number eighty four Willie the Great tight End of the Bengals and seven hundred WLW sports talk host extraordinary mister Bob Trumpy. He is the father of sports talk, which is correct. He created the best radio is him and Pete Franklin, which I agree, but he was he was better than any of them. He was the godfather. Care what you say? Like this? I like this cute music he used to play. Thank Heaton, going back in the show.
Speaker 6: Mark this date on your calendar now, folks, because next year it comes around again. March sixth, nineteen eighty six. The day is my birthday. Of course, that means in nineteen eighty seven it'll be my birthday again. On this day, I generally prefer v Nex sweaters any color of blue, golf gray, burgundy, black, yellow, but not a lot. Slacks are thirty six thirty six? What else?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I like hats, cowboy boots. I'll take all the cowboy boots that you've got, golf balls, any sunken treasure, any buried jewelry, Yeah, anything like that, just lyne around, hey, you know, send it to me on my birthday next year, of course.
Speaker 1: March sixth, nineteen eighty six. Segment, Yes, sir, not bad. That's from the matt Reece collection. Matt Reeves is the best without the matt Reeves collection of the Big One. Bob Trumpy eighty years old today segment please get us into the student.
Speaker 7: Report, will he these STOODE Reporter is a proud service of your local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Temestar Quality you could feel in Cincinnati kung Schmid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one, sixty nine hundred sports and we want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant in bar Willie sixty five years on the good old West Side.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going there Saturday Evening segment thirty eight to fifty three Race Road at five one three five seven four two two two second. A young Pam brought off at lunch today and it was delicious as usual. She was the queen. Of course, Olga is the queen Mama, and Olga apparently was very concerned about, uh, the reports of my different your reports of your demise the other day. But Scott Sloane Sloaney did this as a clown. They killed me. Got nothing to talk about. DEVI a talk show right, kill off some other talk show hosts. That is, that's ridiculous. College basketball Last night Willie Xavier makes it six in a row on their on their roll to the Super Bowl, beating up on Butler ninety one seventy eight. The Muskie's are now twenty and ten. How about that? But but in Clifton, what about West my name's Wess. Reports are that they were booing and leaving early from Fifth Third Arena to beat the traffic in Clifton Senior Night, ten point favorite, Thank you. Kala State comes to town fifty four to forty nine. Senior Night, they score forty nine points unacceptable. West Milting to West Miller and you can get more tonight, Ye wait on the Wes Miller Show. Wait after Sports Talk Lance carved him up pretty good last night on Twitter table with come on up eight oh five, Up eight oh five live from the original Montgomery in Table with three sir, come right up in front. Come on. Horizon League Quarterfinals tonight NKU and Cleveland State at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty Down in Dirty Red's Update, brought to you by Party Town in Florence, the Tri State's one stop shop for all party supplies. Let's party. The Reds are off today. They resumed Cactus League action tomorrow against the Giants. Pretty good action here on seven hundred W BALLW three weeks away from today now opening down. So tomorrow's game is a preview of the opener with the Reds and Jeets. So I think you and I are doing two to three and then Lance three to four Are you prepared? Of course, get ready. Let's see Bengals up. They brought to you by good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals defensive ends Sam Hubbard, of course, announcing his retirement yesterday. Let's see they gave Jackson Kirkland a one year contract extension. Alex how about Alex Kappa former Bengal two year, eleven million dollars deal with the Reeds and that's all no state income tax and Raiders scores. They're a terrible team high school. Oh back to the Bengals, though, of course, placing that franchise tag on t. Higgins Monday. Since then, according to the Athletic multiple teams have reached out to the Bengals about trading for the star receiver. But I don't think they're gonna unless they get whoever in a trade. I don't think he's going anywhere. I am I getting some offensive or defensive lineman. Let's see Purcell Mary and senior d Alexander in Springboro. Senior Brent Martin here nominees for the for twenty twenty five Ohio Miss Basketball Award. Seig Do we have urine test? Around here. I think we used to ex Bengal player reveals he never used his own urine. That's my man, pac Man, pac Man, pack Man, Hello world. Is he implying that he wouldn't have passed.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you. Could you pee in a bottle and pass it? Pass it to who? I mean he passed the test? Oh yeah, I think so well, he said, quote I cheated at the program like I was really good. People don't know how smart I am. I don't play no more. But like, I've never used my urine for urine test. Not one time I use someone else's s. Anyone ever said to you, hey, say say can I have a maybe a vial of urine? No you? Oh yeah, they have a lot of personnel. Well okay, no, I don't. Well I guess they got the drug testing over there or the am side. We don't think it's it's mental versus well, Sarah Elise has used my urine more than once. Maybe I shouldn't say that, Should I say that? I think you just did. Deon Sanders, the show's co host, then try to tell Jones that such cheating can't happen. He says, what are they going to do to pac Man Jones, I can't do noth again. Is he locked up? No, he's he's still around you. I don't know it, says, Hello world, Hello world. Don't say it can't happen, pop pop, because believe me, it did happen.
Speaker 3: But how do you do you?
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's not the only guy to ever do that. Allegedly, the tester goes with you against the urinal only kind of watches things materialize. So unless you're really that's quite a job. What a job. I'd love that watching somebody about having a vile man walker Jack Jack Jack, Oh my god, go tigers. The reason it doesn't happen anymore, according to Ne and Dion, is they go in there with you and they watch, they watch the urine come out. Now that's tough duty right there. I'll tell you what. That's what I want to do. That's what I want to do in retirement. Watch a be a pee watcher for the National Football League and so Oba Sanders then says to pac Man, you sure you did that. I'm going to give you all the secrets right now. One of the believe me, will leave Adam pac Man Jones is probably not the only player ever to fake you believe me. Jones is forty one, right, the same age of as Lebron James. Right, he comes, Well, let me tell you how to do it. The cups they give you and then Sanders they stop right there, no more new you didn't want to, right, I guess you. I don't know how you do it. SMMBN types. They'll tell you. I don't know. Don't ask me. I don't know how they do it. He was suspended according to the record here, he was suspended This is pac Man for off the season activity and eighty was suspended six games after alcohol related event that led to increased drug testing for him, and he relaxes marijuana policies. But nonetheless he said it beat. The test was very simple. Let me show you how. I'd say, that's okay, I'm good, thank you. I don't know. I don't know. Now what about Wes, don't get me in this mess, Miller. I mean the Faith almost dropped an F bomb on the postgame show last night. Just came that close to dropping another one. That's a problem. If we get fined. He's paying it now. We'll see about that. It was live. I assume you can't right, I mean, you know, no bleep available live. I mean no, I don't know what to tell you. He said, I don't know what. I don't know what team that was out there. It was his team. Oh I don't. I mean he's the coach, right. One thing is I told that. He told that as ease guy. He said, don't foul? What does do foul? Well? I mean you know when you were when you were coaching Jerry would at Park. I mean you know the kids. Did the kids listen to you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was the leader of the pack. I mean what about when you were on the Xavier baseball team up when you threw that ball and he and I were co captains. Yeah, I ruled the team with an iron grip. And you told a guy what to do or something, did it and he didn't do it again? Did he?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Never. That's why it is today because these players have well, they they're they're they're paid professionals out in college. There's no more recruiting. The longer Sean Miller has a team, the better they get. Correct. The longer West Miller has a team, the worse they get. Now that's a nine points. This is March that should have been a first This is more half. Yeah, and Xavier is gonna win on Saturday, aren't they like Providence. Yes, Now they're gonna be in the going to be seven in a row, and then they're gonna get a first round by in the Big East. Then they're gonna then they're probably gonna win that game and then play somebody else in the in the second round. Savior is the last team to win the National Tournament National Invitation Tournament. And then you see it's like, what do you do? I mean, you're seventeen and thirteen. You got one more you got one more game, I think Saturday at Oklahoma State. Good luck? And then you know, so you're eighteen and thirteen or seventeen and fourteen, and then you're maybe looking at the n I T or the cb I or the CBA. There's another one in Las Vegas, a new another one. Well, they may do that too. Well, who's in the worst shape? You see bearcut? Football or basketball? Which one is in the worst world? I don't know too much about football this year, so I would say the round ball. They're not too happy in Clifton, not pleased. And there's a few people around here and aren't pleased, Moe, Tony Audie and also Tony the should I call my brother? He John Cunningham the ad Should I call him? He's got enough problems. He wants to meet me in Man base was booing and leaving again last according to Tony Pike, last game on the court. I mean, how come how? I mean you play your guts out. If you don't play your guts out at any game, that's the one you do, right. You want to send your seniors out. But heck, you don't know who's a senior anymore. These guys could be playing what another four years on this team, right up to six years? I don't know. So I mean, you know who's a senior anymore? I don't know. I don't either. I mean they have the big Sea, they have the big Senior Night at Kentucky. You know, they sing my old Kentucky home and stuff. But how many times those guys are going to come back? I don't know. How about pac Man Jones said, I'm all for weed. I'm all in for weed. Hello world, Weed. So your job segment is to watch a bunch of men up against the waller uran over laving themselves that's your job. Can't wait. He gave me a pair of shoes one day because Ken Griffy Junior refused to Junior would not give you shoes. Right, and you need to say, I had no shoes on that day. Why didn't shoes? And the pac Man came. It was in Uh, it was on the other side. He comes down to it, comes down the hall, gave me a new pair of shoes.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: His lawyers have been Michael Barrett, Alex Tryntefilu and Joe Eaters, and all of them say pac Man is a hell of a good guy, but he gets on the weed, gets on the funny juice, and pac Man loses it. Correct to stay off the juice and stay out of the weed, and you're in business. Now it's legal. I imagine he's smoking quite a bit, he said. He said, quote, I'm all for the weed. Now to the NFL. Can you smoke weed? I think? I think. I don't know. I guess you can as long as you don't get caught. I think how many other players have used what he does? All that lap lap? Yes? What would know about weed? I don't know? Yes, do you know anything about weed? Dave Yes? Okay, we got problems fifty years ago that went any weed was there? I don't know, nineteen seventies. It was in your yard. There was a lot of weeds. Yeah, it was in your yard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were out there with you know, spray and he was in Sarah Leed, Syracuse.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Weed fight segment coming up next h going to be wonderful. And we got a special team coming in right. I think we've arranged for Carl Jarman. The seventh grade boys Junior High School GMC champions undefeated, untied, unscored on are going to be here. I love that at two thirty five. There you go. Let Rocky know what champions look like. Yeah he doesn't know. Yeah he went to Notre Dame Insane Nex for God's sake. Yeah, I segment. Does he knows? Sam Hobbard, he doesn't know. No, so does everybody. I want to get Sam Hilbert to raise money for Deer Park, wouldn't that be good? He'll do it. Let's get a hold of him. I think I think October let's do it. Get to hold his foundation, call him up and did a great job. Was Trey Hendrickson were about forty five thousand dollars for the Deer Park net E. There you go, these sports programs, and the need have doubled because girls are playing more sports. And I said to correct and Jay Phillips and Jim Stall, let's get more money. I want to fund those girls and I want them to play softball and soccer, and girls are playing girls and boys are playing. Boy's plan anyway, if you don't, if you're if you're a Democrat, you want it the other way. Well, segment give me out of the student's report coming up next to his professor, John ellis about race, discrimination, slavery, and DEI. He puts the cheese on the cracker Willie and utter of happy birthday, the one of our own, mister Robert Trumpy, only eighty eight years young today, the Trumpster, Happy birthday. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 3: And I think that might have been amen. Good knockdown cooppa? Is that right?
Speaker 4: I agree?
Speaker 1: Well, I hate for you.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but I hate to give that little guy a compliment because everything goes to his head. He does have a rather inflated ego, and that's one of his big problems. He walks around thinking he's the Lord's gift of broadcasters, and we don't really want to pump his ego anymore. But I think he's pretty good too. I think he's pretty good too.
Speaker 1: Same guy on text here from Jeff Beckham. Great, are there a David Logistics King? And he says the following to yours? Truly, what do Miller and Saderfield both have in common? Your brother John Cunningham? He needs to go first? What the But John did not hire either one? Am I right about that? I don't think so. I don't think. No, No, he hired both of them. I want to change the record. Yeah, what are you doing? I want to change it. He did not hire any of.
Speaker 3: Them, did he? Yeah? He did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now how do I defend him? Good luck to you. You're gonna still invite him over at Thanksgiving? Penny this time will fall on the floor and break her pelvis. Yes, but John Cunningham is my brother. Long lived John Cunningham, though I don't know how much longer. So far, so good and Clifton, but got to see Bear Caddy fans are not happy forty nine points on Senior Hilly Victory Parkway. They're happy Sean Miller six in a row. Not West Miller, my name's West. Don't get me in this mess. My news radio seven hundred.
Speaker 9: W l W.
Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great America Good heavy with me. And at this point, the Trump administration is reversing the racism and tribalism that was part of the Biden administration, in fact part of Obama. Going back as long as we can remember, at least in my life, we've had nothing but either affirmative action, critical race theory, or DEI, which is proliferating throughout America. And when these young adults come out of college, they're ready to implement their ideas across corporate America and across the government. That is that being of a certain race or a certain sexual orientation, either as a benefit or a cost. And these immutable traits generally perceived as not being particularly relevant when it comes to merit. But that's not the way that we're being organized. Joining you and I Alis Professor John Ellis. Professor John Ellis has written several books, one of which his Critical Race Theory is an inversion of history, and his author also the author of a Short History of Relations between Peoples and Professor John Ellis, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and Professor. First of all, I've read the article in the Wall Street Journal, which is fabulous, and you begin by saying, attribute a sorts to critical race theory success that the Trump administration will make it's a ratific ratification a priority. Describe what America was beginning I guess about a month and a half ago when Trump took office. How many years as CRT and DEO percolated into the groundwater. I would note that at the Oscars, you can't be qualified even to be considered for a movie to get some Oscar award if you're not CRT and DEI compliant. So there were one hundred and twenty movies that were not screened as possible getting the best picture because they didn't have enough gay people, or disabled people or persons of color. First of all, described to the American people before Trump office, what is the status of DEI and CRT in America as of about a month or two ago?
Speaker 3: Well, as of that, before Trump started to get it under control, it had really risen to the point where it had you know, it's had the whole society by the throats, I mean government agencies were in the group of DEI advocates. All the universities, of course, I mean they're totally devoted to a DEI t I really, I mean mostly acuity inclusion. This was really originally a way of getting around the ban on affirmative action. Like for example, California banned affirmative action. I mean that's they banned the process of considering a skin color as a qualification for employment. It banned that in nineteen ninety six. Now ever since then the universities have been trying to think of ways to get around it, and this fancy title diversity equity inclusion was in fact their main way of doing it. So it kind of inflated the whole thing with fell out of fancy terminology at a lot of complexity and so on. But it was just as illegal. It's the same idea, but actually the whole society had been almost taken over by it. I mean, our schools, our universities are training for the professions. Like for example, if you wanted to be a journalist, you can bet that every journalism school on every campus of every university was going to give you a big dose of DEI in your training. Being for lawyers, same people are almost thing. So it had really got our society by the throat. And as soon as Trump came into office, he just started to ban the whole thing. And most of the citizens of this country brigs lib relief because no one likes it except these people that have managed to take over, uh, the universities. They've taken over uh, you know, corporate boards, They've taken over professional associations. You know, they've taken over non governmental organizations. And when that happens, it like in California, even the most left wing of the states, they've been two ballots on on these ideas, both of them our side, one handsomely. I mean, so even in the most left wing state in the country, d I goes down if you put it on the ballot. So what these people do is they work still fully. They get hold of corporate boards, they get hold of professional associations, so behind closed doors they managed to get their ideas into place. They work secretly, and they you know, they twist ms everywhere, and before you know it, the whole society has been you know, infiltrated with this stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know, professor, God help you, I'm a straight white male, and I'm happy with that status. And I would note that the Wall Street journalists said in other stories and that there's about a seven billion dollar industry wrapped around DEI and critical race theory. That is, those who make money out of this are going to fight like warrior poets to make sure it continues. And it begins merely as a first grader or second grader or a third grader. By the time you go through twelve to fifteen years of education. I'm a lawyer, you go through that. I was in school directly or indirectly until I was like twenty five, twenty six years old, during a time where it was a big deal. And I can recall the Baki decision in which the Supreme Court ruled thirty years ago before that, twenty years before that, you can't use race when determining whether someone gets hired or fired or whatever, because that is shall we say, racism itself. But the Left has turned this idea on its head. If you don't believe in racial selections, then you're the racist. You say in your story, the accusations made in closed training sessions are astonishingly venomous, arrogant white supremacy, is ubiquitous. White rage results when that supremacy is challenged. Whites hold money in power because they stole it from other racists. Systematic racism and capitalism keep the injustices going more so they turn the argument on you and me and other people would think, wait a minute, race should not count. That we're the racist when we say we shouldn't be racist, But they're the racist because they say it does count. I say it doesn't count. They say it does count. Where in the hell in twenty years from now, where we're going to be it this continues, Let's talk about the Trump presidency. If he's not successful and this continues, we're in trouble. I think we're in trouble now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're in big trouble because, let's face it, I mean, the merit principle is a way of getting talent into the place where it can do the most good. So basically, it's like Adam Smith's unseen hand. You know, the unseen hand for Adam Smith was the free market got material and goods into the place where they mattered most at the right time. Well, this is the same with the merit principle. It gets the right people into the right place at the right time to do the most good for all of us. And the result of that is, of course, you have a very prosperous society because all the talent you have available is exploited to the best possible extent for the good of everybody. Once you start to stop doing that, stop putting your best talent in the right place at the right time, you're going to reduce the efficiency of society. Right your whole society is given less happy, it's going to be less prosperous. It's going to be it's gonna be divided racially, it's gonna be business. Yes, yes, it's a horrible outcome. Horrible.
Speaker 1: Let's go back in the history. You're an historian, Professor John Ellis. I can recall that America in England where the first two countries that banned the importation of slaves. This goes back to, you know, back to the fifteen nineteen project, which America did not exist until seventeen seventeen eighty nine, but nonetheless describe historically what nations stop slavery and what nations continued it even through today.
Speaker 3: Well, look, when you go back to say, let's say the fifteen hundred. The world in the the in fifteen hundred was totally racist, totally tribalist, and everyone practiced slavery everywhere. I mean, people like to think of Native American tribes as you know, rather peaceful and noisy. They really weren't. They massact each other all the time. In Africa, I mean, tribes massacred other tribes in the most horrific way. Shark of the Zulu wiped out in the tribe of forty thousand in about ninety minutes on the battle. Men, women and children slaughtered the lot in just a few moments. So the whole world was a really tribal and rather vicious place, and the beginning of a change in that came mainly in Britain in the eighteenth century, when some philosophers like John Locke and David Hume started to say, look, everyone, all people's on earth are basically the same underneath, depending on how they're how they're raised, what society there is, they they're all table looked good if only the faith in the right way. But that attitude was so powerful that within one hundred years the British had banned slavery. Now they were the first to band slavery. Not only that they were the first country that had an extensive discussion of what was wrong with slavery, and there was a public it was public thing. They the Brits were because they were so prosperous because of the free market system. They had about half the population of literate in the eighteenth century. No other country had that kind of widespread literacy, So you had public opinion that developed because of the because people could read, public opinion became a huge force, and that powered the discussion of the rights of every human being to be free, and that that produced the end of at the end of slavery in Britain and then in North America.
Speaker 1: Fact, there's no credity, there's no credit given. English or Americans banned the importation of slaves in like eighteen oh five. We fought a civil war over it. Six hundred thousand Americans were killed because the Democrats living in the South wanted to keep slaves the Confederacy. We went to war, and so two countries at the forefront of stopping slavery were England and America. And going back historically, eighty five percent of the slaves did not come to America. We stopped it. Abraham Lincoln, fifty years before the Emancipation Proclamation, we prohibited the importation of slaves into the country. We're the only ones that did it. We get no credit, zero credit reparations. Everyone pays because who's got the deepest pocket. But I'm proud to be an American that we stopped slavery while in Africa it continued.
Speaker 3: Correct, absolutely correct. Look, it is about eighteen hundred of the Asian The British, which had the most powerful navy in the world. You know what, they set their navy onto, set their navy to roam the seas and stop the transitlan slave trade. They were the only group that was actually actively And you know what happened as a result, that the slave trade, which had been moving slaves from the western edge of Africa to America, the African slave traders instead, because they were stopped by the British on the west of Africa, they moved their slave trade to the eastern end of Africa and they continued. So all they did was simply avoid the British navy by going to the other side of Africa to mount their operations from. But I mean, there's just no question about it. Africa continued slave trading after the Europeans were stopping it, and you know it had trived different. As you say, the one thing that's unique about the Anglosphere, I mean Britain and America, the one thing is unique about them as far as slaver as coincided. They stopped it. Nobody else stopped it.
Speaker 1: In fact, in fact, today there's more slaves alive than ever before, and it's in Africa and Asia. In fact, the number one slave traders were Arabs and Muslims. They simply continued it. And we're guilt. We're guilty parties. I guess for several decades. It was awful, it was terrible, but damn it, we stopped it. And it continued throughout the world, especially in Central and South America up until about forty or fifty years ago, and to continue now in Africa and Asia. So when you talk about reparations, the slave trade in the Atlantic, slave trade could not have existed without African tribes selling each other into slavery. Correct, The Africans originated the slave.
Speaker 3: Trade, absolutely, and the Arabs was very important of the said trade. They kept it going much longer than anybody else. Did so, you know. But our ignorant radicals in this country are ignorant radicals. You don't know anything about history. They blame us as if we had been to slavery, were the only persons ever to have it. No, the one thing about us was unique. It was not that we pricessed it, but it stopped it. And the same was true of empire. Look, I mean, the last empire was the British Empire. Now everybody blames the British for imperialism, but in fact that in hundreds of empires going back, you know, thousands of years, the last empire was the British. What was it the last one? Because the British said the empire is not a good idea and they dissolved their own empire. No empire ever dissolved itself before. The reason for the end of the Roman Empire was they got defeated militarily. The end of the Ottoman Empire, Tooks, was because they lost, They lost the war. But the British lose militarily. They voluntarily decided that everybody preserved to have their own freedom.
Speaker 1: And that's England, that's America, England. One other thing. In eighteen sixty two. During the Civil War, a ship carrying slaves from Africa to Cuba and violation of the ban on international slave trade put in by Britain and by America, was captured in the High Seas by the US Navy. The crew who was importing these slaves into Cuba were imprisoned and the captain was hanged in the US. So America and Britain were the only two countries they said, wait a minute, these black folks from Africa have value. In fact, the word slaves come from Slavs, which is an Eastern European term. The Muslims, the Arabs, the Africans, the Asians participated fully in the slave trade, and damn in America stopped it along with England. But we get no credit because there's no money in it. There's money in CRT, there's money in DEI, an eight billion dollar industry per year, but there's no money in complementing America correct.
Speaker 3: Well, also those political advantage radicals. What the radicals hate America because America has a highly successful free market society. In fact, America has proved the free market capitalism will expend the system. That's what lose to it. We've totally proved it. And that's why the radicals who are Marxists hate us, because we proved that Marxism was stupid. But so they'll seize every opportunity they can to tear down this country and slavery and racism. That's one of the ways in which they try to do it. But as you said, I mean they're completely mistaken. We were the heroes of that situation racism, anti racism. We were the ones that began the idea of anti racism.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you, we have to run, professor, but Al Sharpton makes a lot of money out of this deal. There's an eight billion dollar industry at stake. But glad to have you on critical race theories and inversion of history the book and also at the Wall Street Journal by Professor John Alis, author of a short history of relations between people's tribalism and racism were universal in tail. Britain's an American said this must be stopped. But thank you and the professor John Allison, thanks for coming on setting the record straight. And you're a great Britain. I'm a great American and God bless you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more. When there's a lot of money out there, twist and turn the reality of history to fit a diet tribe that puts money in your pocket. Talk to Al Sharpton about that Bill cunning into Great American Live at some of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WULW.
Speaker 6: Mark this date on your calendar. Now, folks, goes next year, it comes around again. March sixth, nineteen eighty six. Today is my birthday. Of course, that means in nineteen eighty seven it'll be my birthday again. On this day, I generally prefer v Nex sweaters any color of blue, gray, burgundy, black, yellow.
Speaker 1: But not a lot. Slacks are thirty six thirty six.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 6: Oh, I like hats, cowboy boots. I'll take all the cowboy boots that you got. Any sunken treasurer any buried jewelry, anything like that, just lyne around. Hey, you know, send it to me on my birthday next year.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: He Hello, quiet, and I'm spokes. I'm broadcasting by Rockey. That is sports talk host Royalty right there. The great Bob Trumpy forty years ago today, nineteen eighty six, And I followed him at nine o'clock in the rest is history. Were you were alive forty years ago? Yes, it was five, you were five. Five. We have joining us now Carl Jarman, who's the head basketball coach. He got his chops at Deer Park High School with Steve Gentry junior. But Carl, only what happened to the seventh grade boys team here at Lakota. Explain that. And by the way, Lakota beat saying next last night, that's another story. But please explain about your team in the seventh grade. Yes, sir, thank you Bill for having me.
Speaker 9: And I want to start off by thanking you forgiving me the opportunity to come in and share this.
Speaker 1: Special story with you. It's actually historic.
Speaker 9: So we this year Lakota Ridge Middle School, we made history.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 9: We were the first seventh grade team in the Lakota Ridge building in the history of the school who.
Speaker 1: Went wired to wire.
Speaker 9: And what I mean by wire wire is we went undefeated during the regular season in the GMC, went twelve to Ohero and then went on to get the number one seed in the postseason tournament where we went four and oh to win everything cap everything off. So it was a great, great journey and a great story.
Speaker 1: Could you coach the UC Bearcats? Because right now West Midler is not getting the job done. The only score went for nine points or something night. Couldn't you take you see right now coach and roll them to glory possibly in the knit.
Speaker 9: I would want to think I could. Uh that's one of my dreams. I would love to be a college basketball coach. And uh, hopefully one day I'll get the opportunity to do that.
Speaker 1: As ke Win titles you will. Heck, you had to take the seventh grade team. They probably make a better effort last night. These guys are taller. But Wes Miller can't coach. That's the problem. Sean Miller can coach, we think, as evidenced by that, but Wes Miller's never been a coach. And they're faithful or not happy. So I have some kids that might be playing at Derrick Park later on and they're going to transfer, upgrade the program or maybe pull down to sant extra court sat next. These kids are mars more undefeated, untied, unscored on Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh so uh, special special, special group of kids. This year, Like I said, we went wire to wire and I feel like I had the recipe. I definitely want to give a shout out to what Kelvin Moss, who's the head coach at Lakota West.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: They're doing a phenomenal job this year and had much success as they won last night against St X an easy win, easy job.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't say it was easy as our best player was sick. That doesn't make any difference. Lost their best player in the center and they're still going to go to the NC do so, so please continue. It was a great game.
Speaker 9: They ended up pulling it out at the end, and like I said, I want to thank Calvin for giving me the opportunity and trusting me with the seven great kids. One or two of the kids that were really good, Uh, well my my engine. I got to talk about him, and I want to definitely give him a shout out.
Speaker 1: King Robinson.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: Probably one of the toughest seventh graders definitely in our region. Yeah, he's he's a phenomenal great kid. Ended up scoring three hundred and ninety seven points for me this season game no, no, no. Just over the season this season, sixteen games, one hundred ninety seven points. He had several games where he was over the twenty five point Mark just did a phenomenal job lifting Deer Park. Yeah, hopefully, hopefully he will stay staying in the city here. But with his with his success, I don't know how how that's going to end up.
Speaker 1: Were you at the game last night when look Coda beat saying next, were you there, Yes, sir Rocky? Were you there? Yes? In the middle of rock Was there Rocky in the middle of the mash bit? I heard yelling? That would have helped. I would have done it. He had his shirt off and everything. But yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure he could have made a tough go for the Bombers. But he's he's looking around for Joe Frederick, general sales manager. And Joe tell me he played high school in college. I don't remember him, but uh he tells me he was pretty good. Oh yeah, Joe Frederick told me you could take him down. He wasn't that good, right? Uh No, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 9: Me and Joe had a lot of a lot of saturdays and a lot of high school days where we went head to head against each other. Joe, he was a phenomenal player, very well known in the city, and one of the best basketball players that I played with in my time, but it was he as.
Speaker 1: Good as say Jalen Rose or Demandi MacIntyre. Joe Hawker, Oh yeah, yeah. He could shoot it, he could handle it, he could do it all. Joey was Joey was pretty easy explain to these guys. You were an assistant coach with Steve Gentry in twenty eighteen, Yes, when Derek Park went undefeated, untied, unscored on and won the state title twenty nine And oh do you call any of that?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yes, part of part of my success this year. I think I had the recipe from Steve Gentry. And I definitely want to give coach Steve Gentry a shout out for being my coaching mentor and uh and teachings.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to credit to, right coach?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh yeah, i'll give I'll give a Bill Cunningham a shout out to he.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 9: He was instrumental in success that year and did a lot for the team.
Speaker 1: So we always think, explain the final we're playing in Ohio State. I'm watching TV Willy and the Park is winning and they win the title. They're all up there cutting down everything else, cutting down. The players are up there the coaches grab the scissors as some poor kids and like ten minutes, take a shot of this guy. He's got this white jersey on year park number ten. It looks like it's from eighteen seventy five to jersey, and they go, who the heck is that guy?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 1: I are taking take it down to debt and you're up there snipping the debt like you're like you're a player. And then you put your hands up in the air and they got you on TV and I'm going, these guys are going, who's this guy?
Speaker 10: And you like one loop and you snipped like like almost the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I have a photo of me up there, say give me some sports. As I find the photo of me cut down the nets out Ohio State won.
Speaker 9: Hey Bill, I still remember your your jersey you wore from from back in the day when you were playing.
Speaker 1: I think there it is right there, coach, remember that? Oh that's it. That's it, Rocky. Take a look. I mean he showed to me once a week, but I'll look at it again.
Speaker 8: Hey Bill made history with if anybody at sout out, go ahead hit this Dave. Now allow me to express an opinion about something else. Here if anybody ever questioned how deeply ingrained the term front runner was in the fiber of one Bill Cunningham, as Souarez grounds the shortstop for the out, they can put that aside for all time. And congratulations to Gary Gentry and the Deer Park High School basketball team.
Speaker 1: They won the state title.
Speaker 8: They were on the field to be honored by the Reds tonight, a tremendous turnout, and right there in the middle of him was Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Now some background material.
Speaker 8: Bill played at deer Park, led the city in scoring when he was a senior there a million and one years ago, and did not know how to drive back to Deer Park until they ran off about ten or twelve or fourteen wins in a row, and it was pretty obvious that they were about as good as they came. And they turned out to be the case because they won the state championship. He says that the kids wanted him to take part in cutting down the net after the state championship final, and so he, in his infinite wisdom and his incredible humility, agreed to do that.
Speaker 1: I did incredible.
Speaker 3: That out.
Speaker 1: I just made myself.
Speaker 8: So let me get that back for you three and other count on Tucker Barnhard after SI restaurant is short, but we're always glad to have Billy in the booth with us. He stays for about two innings, and then Sasha Hiken we see him about three months later. You know, one more thought, I've known a lot of front runners in my life.
Speaker 1: How about that picture on the field. Unbelievable.
Speaker 8: There he is, lined up with the coaching staff and various other school officials and all the talented youngsters that got them a state title, And.
Speaker 1: There he was.
Speaker 8: I said, boil boy, you gotta have a lot of nerve to do that. Now.
Speaker 1: Didn't bother him a bit. He felt like he'd right at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He laid down right there on the grass, threw his feet up in the air. Yes, sir, hands in the air, took part in the team picture.
Speaker 8: Year later, year later, mercifully, our conversation about Bill Cunningham is passe.
Speaker 1: That's all I can say. Coach, you were there, didn't the team insist at Ohio State that I cut down the net?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah. Bill spent a lot of time with us during that year. He came to a couple of practices and I must say that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: He challenged our best free throw shooters for a free throw shooting contest and he won.
Speaker 1: He hit ten in a row. We couldn't getting the coach. That's automatic. He took Brandon, and he took down Larkin Moler at Molar during halftime, they challenged him. I was right underneath the basket, nothing but string music went down hard at Now Bill? Now Bill? That was that was seven years ago. Is he still got it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess if I asked, I was tuesdays coach. Don't challenge him on golf, Papa shot or free throw shooting. You know, forget it.
Speaker 5: Really you're not bringing up to how you whoop me in a free throw shooting too. Man, you are the man you are. If they're the Hall of Fame for free throw shooting, you gotta be in it because that night up it lifts up in bowler and look at you look like you could have made a hundred free throws in a row. And I just tipped my hat to you. You can knock them down, man.
Speaker 1: That's firing, right. I don't want to pat myself on the back, you know, I don't do that, n uh, not to not at all all right, sick, give us.
Speaker 7: Some sports and make it stoods Reporter US of pro service every local Thamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers. Thamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati Colech Sheldon, Braun and Broad Heating at five one, three, three eight, five seventy seven sixty five spot.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Roxy we Uh. Let's see Willie Uh. The Reds are off today. They get back to Cactus League ACTEA Toamar against the Giants three weeks from today and it's opening day resid Giants a great American ballpark. How do you buy the rings for the team? Who's going to buy the rings? And the undefeated untied, unscored on seventh grade? Uh to Ridge who Rocky Boyman said, you'll step up and by the rings if no one else does.
Speaker 9: I wish somebody will help us out. I'm probably going to be the one forking, forking up, the forking up the dough for what you are you over there? Yeah, Mike, mikeets you to help us. You might be able to help us out. Since it's a kind of a direct connect, please continue.
Speaker 10: All right, that's a trick though, if you asked him on here he's got to say yes.
Speaker 1: Recorded, So I just got a point here. I think he ought to continue. Yeah, let me think about it all right. Well, College basketball to night quarter final play Horizon League with NKU and Cleveland State seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty down. The Browns have restructured quarterback Deshaun Watson's contract, what clearing nearly thirty six million dollars in salary cap space and he's still playing for that play Cleveland was over by twenty two million. But he can't play right. He's got an achilles correct. He's got two years left on a five here, fully guaranteed two hundred and thirty million dollars deal. Talk to them about the six forty six in the next two seasons. Rock, I'm glad you brought that up. Big story the Inquire today about your good friend pac Van Jones who was with a neon dion saying that he uh he uh lied in all the urine tests and that uh he never he took urine test all the time. But it wasn't his urine. Whose urine was it? Was it your urine? It was not my urine? No, is that what he said? It was he took someone else's, well somebody, Carl, was it yours? It wasn't mine?
Speaker 10: Because there's there's things you can do to clean your own urine out. But yeah, what do you assume you can? What do you mean, what do you what are you talking about? Well, I mean they give you the cup and you go in the bathroom and yourself a lot of times they're not exactly just standing there right there looking at it.
Speaker 1: But then the new procedure is you got to watch the urine come out of the right out of the end. Shall we say?
Speaker 10: Who was the guy who had the u about that? The Wizenator? Remember that he was a running back the Wizards when I played. He had like a fake prosthetic. Uh, you know a thing and you and you you know it had a connection to a tube and you put other urine in it and he was cut.
Speaker 1: It's called the look it up? Who's it? Here's a running back from Oregon? Maybe hold on see if she's like a wrestler. I don't know who the Wizenator is. We don't know. He gave me ralph na name the device. The device is device because I know the ABN types always take drug tests. We don't have to take one O seven too. There is a popped up again coach right there cutting down Ontario Smith. Yes, Ontario Smith was a wizarinator. He yeah, tough, go give me some more sports. So he beat all those drug tests that way, Yes, he said, I it's someone else's urine. How do you get someone else's urine in?
Speaker 10: But it's kind of dumb because like with with drugs, especially marijuana, they they tell you when the test is, They tell you and say hey here and on you know, whatever you're going to be, they're going to have it, and they tell you much in advance to avoid a bad situation. And we used to have a coach, Everett Withers, or the secondary coach, said if you if you fail a drug test, you can't play for me. Not because I care if you're smoking marijuana, but it's because you're either dependent, which means you can't give it up for a month, or you're too stupid to figure out and know when the date is and work back.
Speaker 1: You might be too stupid. Yes, Hello world, Hello world, Well Carl, congratulations coming back next year on the UC is going to be looking for a head coach in about a month Yeah, my name is West. Don't get me in this mess. That'd be great, that'd be great. He's got to come back now, will he's won a title? What we've had forcell Mary and here the ladies? What four times at around Alexander's what's been here? What fifteen years? Would all attack it at the tigers?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And Sex hasn't been in there? Rock have they have sat X? I don't think X won a race. Well, we're on the GCL this year, and what of course basketball, Well get him in here if you got the guts. Of course, they just lost the Lakota. So a little bit of a down ticket. We only have state champions. See if they'll come in a tall kid with mono, see if you can come.
Speaker 9: In all right, Hey Bill, I got to give you. I gotta give you this recipe. This is a This is a major perfect chocolate chip cookie. So uh, part of part of Gentry's recipe I took with me is longer.
Speaker 1: No, it's not long.
Speaker 9: Seven seven main ingredients right right, which which is the number seven? Was super significant in our season. Let me explain to you why it was seven years from the last time I experienced a championship with your party eighteen right later, twenty twenty five, I'm back in the same situation, right, same exact story history, same exact story, right, yes, five seven years later.
Speaker 1: Seven main ingredients. Seven main ingredients to the recipe.
Speaker 9: Hard work, hard work segment, Commitment, commitment, passion for the game, passion, determination and confidence, determination segment, willingness to buy into my system, buy into the system seg discipline, discipline, rock execution.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 9: Boom, all right there, cookies said, that's a perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna the perfect My brother's John Cunningham, the athletic director of you see. I'm gonna give him your name, please do, John, This is the guy to take you to the I got the recipe. You got the recipe. I got it chocolate chip cookies. Since we gave it to me, I got it, Rocky, Good luck for sand X. Thank you lost again, Carl. You're undefeated, untied, unscored on It's wonderful. I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you, Bill. I appreciate you. Get me out of the students reports segment. Will you today? On this Thursday, March the sixth, we say happy birthday number eighty years young today the mister Robert Trumpy, the father of sports talk, Yes, the Bengals great tight end and seven hundred WLW host extraordinary of sports Talk, Carl.
Speaker 9: Hey, Bill, I gotta, I gotta come back in and cap this whole thing off. So the reason that that number seven was such a big deal, do you know what the number seven is significant for?
Speaker 1: Do you know what it's saying for? Seven on seven out seven?
Speaker 9: No? Perfection and completion, Perfection and completion, Yes, sir. So that's why the seven years again, I got seven years from eighteen to twenty five. Got to do it again professional in twenty thirty two.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do it again. I will if I'm still coaching. At U s at U.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and you all heard it from Bill. Thank you, Thanks Bill. Yes, Sir Willie, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report all I should be with you, Bill, see you later. As the governor wants to fly the flags at half staff when I die called you on seven hundred WW