Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Fighting for justice and the American Way in the US Supreme Court today, let's hope Tennessee wins will do a deep dive on that case. We have some pretty stunning audio for you as well from the US Supreme Court. Stunningly good on the part of Justice Alito and stunningly something on the part of some of the other justices today. So glad you are here, and you have to hear some of the rationale and argument from one of the attorneys who argued against the Tennessee band. Tennessee obviously trying to protect kids from these various forms of mutilation and distortion of their bodies. You know that's occurring right now, Tennessee trying to protect the kids. And of course the Biden administration, you know, is so wildly into all of this trans insanity that it's trying to strike down this Tennessee law. But one of the lawyers who argued today against the Tennessee ban is the first trans lawyer to ever argue before the US Supreme Court. Chase strang Gio is his name. Here's a bit of that sound.
Speaker 2: So the case comes at a time when twenty six states have passed laws restricting healthcare treatments for transgender youth. Thank you, According to a seeing in Anasis of data from the nonprofit think tank Movement Advancement Project, So how do you plan to argue before the US Supreme Court in a case that could have wind ranging implications beyond the state of Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for having me, Jake.
Speaker 4: And obviously this is a critical inflection point for transgender people across the country.
Speaker 3: We're coming off of.
Speaker 4: An election season where transgender people played an outside role in people's consciousness in terms of the way in which we were situated as a threat to others. And when we look at the map of states that ban this type of evidence based healthcare, we went from zero to that have these bands in twenty twenty to now more than half the country. So before the court tomorrow, the question is really a simple one as I see it, It's really this is a law that bands medical treatment only when it is prescribed inconsistent with an individual sex. Our argument is that that treats people differently because of their sex, and therefore the court has to treat it like all other forms of sex discrimination, and that's why it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, it treats them differently because of their age. But then we get into these other issues, and keep in mind that if the Biden administration wins here and the trans lobby wins here, then that precedent might, depending upon how the Court worded it's ruling in the case, that that precedent might, then it just basically eviscerate, you know, any kind of limitations on where a man could go simply by saying I identify as a woman. I mean, it could have And I doubt very much the US Supreme Court is going to do this, since it's controlled at this point by a majority of folks who believe in interpreting the Constitution rather than making law. I don't think the Court's going to go there. But if it did what the Biden administration wants it to do, it would be potentially just a green light for virtually anything that some male.
Speaker 3: Says he believes it is a female.
Speaker 1: Would would want to do in terms of access to girls and women's showers and bathrooms and sports and everything else. I'm hoping and expecting that, you know, you have to be a little hesitant about reading the tea leaves in the Q and A in a Supreme Court hearing or a argument rather, but I am hopeful at this point reading what was said today, that there's going to be a majority to uphold this Tennessee ban. Let's go back to some more of the again. First transgender lawyer, biological female now identifying as male, who argued before the court today, seems like a nice person, I think, just just way off in the legal approach to this.
Speaker 2: So attorneys representing the state of Tennessee told the US Supreme Court, quote, if the government's theory holds, men who identify as women could claim constitutionally based access to women's bathrooms, women's locker rooms, and women's sports, excepting that theory would perversely erode women's rights and jeopardize landmark statutes protecting women's equal access to schools, winners, podiums, and beyond.
Speaker 5: What's your response to that.
Speaker 4: Well, I obviously disagree with that premise that allowing transgender women into women's sports or women's bathroom is a threat to women. But it is also not the question before the court in this case, and in fact, it is a totally independent question about whether a lot that band's medical care for transgender adolescence.
Speaker 6: Discriminates against people.
Speaker 4: Based on sex versus these separate cases that preceded any of these healthcare bands will continue.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, in my opinion, not and intellectually are honest argument he's making, because what the Biden administration is asking the court to do is to find that if you classify in a law based on trans status, that at that point you're classifying based on sex. That's the underlying legal foundation of what the Biden administration wants them to do. And if a Supreme Court was to go there and say, okay, any of these laws having to do with trans stuff, these are now classifications based on sex, then guess what that Then all of a sudden, you have to have the highest form of scrutiny, such as a law that would classify based on race. Of course, you should have the highest form of scrutiny. You shouldn't be able to classify based on race unless you can meet these very demanding criteria that are almost never met, these compelling state interest criteria. And so that's exactly exactly what the Biden administration's trying to do here is get that Supreme Court President. So any law addressing trans stuff gets that highest form of protected class status, strict scrutiny. That's exactly what they're trying to do. I don't believe for one second that this US Supreme Court is going to fall for that. What we'll do when we come back from the next break is we'll get you some sound. Justice Alito, absolutely brilliant today, will get you sound as well from Justice so to my or Justice Brown, Jackson, et CETERA very very interesting, compelling, and obviously very important. Right, there's the reason that Trump team spent over one hundred million dollars running that devastating ad against Kamala Harris, who is supporting trans rights, men playing women's sports and girls' sports, all of that sex changes paid for by taxpayers. Yeah, there's a reason trump'spent over one hundred million on it. You've got a lot of Americans across party lines who say, this is madness. How did we ever get this far down this road? No disrespect to trans people, no animosity. But this is insane. This is anti woman, this is anti girl. This craziness has to stop. That's where America's at. And I don't believe for one second this US Supreme Court is going to get this wrong. So we'll come back, we'll dig into that a little deeper before we hit the brake, though, I wanted to, you know, talk to you a little bit about what everybody's talking about today, right, no matter where they work or what they're doing or where they're going, which is you know who executed this ceo today, the United Healthcare CEO in New York. I'm sure you've probably seen that video by now, so I think it's one of those things that cuts through the noise in America, and it's just it's just unimagine what it's like a scene out of a movie.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: The guy all dressed in black, and he's got most of his face covered but not all of it, and and you know, he's got the weapon that appears to have a silence or he waits for this CEO victim on a New York street to walk past him, he steps in behind him, starts shooting at him. Gun appears and completely ignores a witness standing a couple of feet away from him, gun appears to jam, appears to reload, and then complete the murder of the victim, and then walk away. Actually started running about halfway across the street as a backpack on the whole time, otherwise dressed in blacks.
Speaker 3: So who did it? Why did they do it? So we'll keep you up to.
Speaker 1: The minute if there's any breaking news on that, But I know it's at this point something being talked.
Speaker 3: About all across America.
Speaker 1: What's interesting to me, Ryan is and I understand why, you know, people just look at this and say, Okay, that's a professional. And I understand there were some what you would consider professional elements to this demonic behavior. But wait a second. The guy left the top half of his face uncovered. There were obviously cameras all over the place. No true professional does that, right unless that person wants to get caught.
Speaker 3: So what is really going on there?
Speaker 1: If you have any thoughts eight five to five or zero five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Obviously there are their questions implications that arise from this. Before we come back and dive in all of that and so much more. Just want to say fascinating. The way we ended the show yesterday. A lady called up and was griping about the Avs being down four zip in the first period last night, and I just said to her, don't give up on them.
Speaker 3: They came back and one five to four. Wow.
Speaker 1: And a nice big win by the Nuggets last night as well. So this could be the night. This could be the night last night when things kind of stabilized and.
Speaker 3: Turned around for the Denver teams. Let's hope. So you're on the dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dankaplas Show podcasts. Has I suppose it doesn't like to say I wanted to do? He said, keep going, keep fighting.
Speaker 7: Mind there in long way?
Speaker 3: Why would I act down? I'm here for yeah boy.
Speaker 1: I really hope Pete hag Seth gets confirmed. I'm not saying he would have been my first choice for first secretary, but he should be confirmed. President Trump won. He's entitled to his picks unless there's something grossly and blatantly disqualifying. If perfection is the standard, we can't have anybody fill any of those jobs. And we have seen the left over and over and over again, you know, starting with Clarence Thomas actually before that, just set out to personally destroy these conservative nominees just as part of the political blood sport. Now I want to see heg Seth confirm, just like Justice Kavanaugh. Remember I told you when he was nominated that I wasn't certain that Justice Kavanaugh was going to be the kind of a true originalist.
Speaker 3: You know, who we need on the court.
Speaker 1: But at a certain point that kind of information process became about much more in Justice Kavanaugh. It became about whether we were going to have due process in this country, whether you're going to be innocent until proven guilty. And one of the things I admire most about Trump is the way he stood up and fought for Kevanaugh and fought for a larger principle in the meantime, and he defeated the left on that, you know, political assassination attempt, and I'm so glad he did, And so I hope he stands by heg Seth as well. I'm not saying heg SA's perfect, who is right, but Trump is entitled to his picks, and we do not want to feed this beast. We don't want to feed this leftist beast of just going out and trying to personally destroy you know, Trump picks, you know, for the political blood sport. So yeah, I hope he gets confirmed. Listen, would I have loved to have seen Ron DeSantis initially in that position. Of course, now I'm not at all sure that DeSantis.
Speaker 3: Would take it.
Speaker 1: Now you're aware of the stories today that Trump may turn to him if he Seth can't get through. I'm not at all sure DeSantis would do that because he's going to be running for president very soon, right. I mean, he's quietly running now, but it's going to be openly running in a couple of years, and so all of that could become an issue. Eight five for zer five A two five five the number.
Speaker 3: Glad you're here.
Speaker 1: We're talking about this enormously important US Supreme Court case heard today us fe'st. Gurmeti and whether Tennessee's law protecting children from this so called gender affirming care and many states now I think it's up to twenty five or twenty six have laws like Tennessee's. Whether those laws are going to be upheld. I believe this court will uphold Tennessee. But you've got this overarching bigger issue, and what the Left is trying to do with this Tennessee case is trying to set this precedent that any law touching on transgender rights is sex based classification. Because if they can get that precedent, then the only way that you could, you know, over turnal laws say favoring trans rights would be defined compelling state interests to do so. And that's a very very high, this heightened scrutiny standard, very very hard to meet. So that's what you know that the Left is really trying to accomplish through this case. I think the left has proven over and over again it doesn't care at all about the health and welfare of children. Quite the opposite children. And it's fascinating to me because I know a lot of these people on the left is individuals, and I'm sure they're great mothers and fathers and everything else, but when it comes to other people's children, and it comes to children in general, they're clearly acceptable casualties in the eyes of the left. And you just look at their various policies and it confirms it to the extreme, starting with abortion right, all these where you lose what about a million kids a year in America killed before birth and you get four or five blecks to everyone.
Speaker 3: Killed before birth. Horrific.
Speaker 1: One of the most terrific racist in effect laws imaginable, and the Left worships it. Yeah, So no children are acceptable casualties to the Left for their bigger, broader policy interest. And that's just a sad and sick reality we're dealing with in America today. And that includes kids who believe they're the other gender, or have been convinced by adults they're the other gender, or it's kind of the cool thing now to say you're the other gender. Whatever it is, each and every one of these kids, my heart breaks warm, and they need the proper kind of true gender affirming care because what a backwards term. Real gender affirming care is care that comforts and aids these children in their confusion and in their distress by confirming their true gender and then dealing with other issues in the best ways possible. So what the left calls gender affirming care is ex on the opposite eight five five zero five eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. I don't know if you are a prayer, Ryan, Are you a prayer?
Speaker 5: You know I should pray more. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it like only during the super Bowl when it's like got three and a half points spread?
Speaker 8: And no, but kind of if you think back to it's a wonderful life when Jimmy Stewart he's really hit dire straits and almost rock bottom and he's never a bridge.
Speaker 5: Hold on, whoa, whoa? You've never seen it's a wonderful light.
Speaker 3: You have seen it. I'm a busy guy. Every time I came out in nineteen forty six, I've been busy.
Speaker 1: At first, I wasn't even born, so I was busy not being more hopefully being an angel in heaven or something. But you no, I've always make it a point to go see it and then something comes up, but please go ahead.
Speaker 8: Any well, there's a scene he's at a bridge. It's a turning point in the least. I won't spoil it for you since you haven't seen it, but he's desperate and he goes. I'm not a praying man, but I'm praying to God right now, show me the answers or show me the way. And I think God has mercy in those cases. But I would feel I think if I prayed more, and not just when I desperately needed God's help.
Speaker 3: Well, so you've never been on a flight with turbulence.
Speaker 5: I have prayed in certain like that. Yeah, that's so. I'm sure you've gone a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people have started their prayer.
Speaker 5: Life when you lost your parents.
Speaker 3: With major turbulence.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and when I lost my mom. I mean, you're you're praying at the time, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, there is no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: And and the only reason I ask is because anybody who believes in prayer today, please pray for the acquittal of Daniel Penny. Absolutely, New York, pray for the acquittal of Daniel Penny. He's obviously innocent, but but way beyond that, the ramifications for him as a guy who stepped in to protect others start with that, the ramifications for the city of New York, the ramifications for the country. I'm not saying there be a kind of violence in the streets, none of that nonsense. But it will be a real another major wound to justice in America and respect for the system if Daniel Penny is convicted. Any such conviction would be obviously wrongful, never should have been charged. And I hope that if he is as he should be acquitted, I really hope that that he then goes on to great things and many great opportunities are provided for him, and he's hailed as the hero that he really is.
Speaker 8: And you work with jury's and I think this is an easy one. If you're on that jury, you got to be thinking to yourself, if myself and my girlfriend were on that subway, would we want Daniel Penny stepping in to stop that guy in the answer is yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And listen, you won't find a guy with more respect for juries than me. I start another jury trial Tuesday. But the point being that this is New York. Trump just got convicted in New York on an obviously politically motivated charge. Anything can happen, right, So that's why even though it's a small chance of a conviction, it's a small chance of something really bad. So that's what gets you concerned. But let's pray for an acquittal for Daniel Penny. Eight five zero five two five five The number would cuveny thoughts on what you think happen there in New York with this brutal assassination execution of that CEO right out in the open on a New York street with people standing around, and are there broader implications broader ramifications Pete Hegseth.
Speaker 3: I really want to see him confirmed for the reasons I mentioned.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? And then we'll talk about the latest with insurrection.
Speaker 3: Mike in Denver.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast. Well, I've just given what one he's on camera.
Speaker 9: If you're too drunk for Fox News, you're very, very drunk, indeed, And listen.
Speaker 1: I want to see Pete Hegseath confirmed. And I think he's getting kavanat right now. And I'm glad Trump is standing up to this tactic from the left. But that was one of the great lines ever. Right, If you're too drunk for Fox News, you're very drunk indeed. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number I think Hegseth is being smeared. None of us are perfect. That shouldn't be the standard or else only the good Lord could serve in the cabinet, and it certainly hasn't been the Democrats standard. Listen, all these Democrats now running around smearing Hegseth is some kind of drawn coe. He's impaired by alcohol. Look at what they've been doing that they have been actively backing and endorsing and supporting. Having an obviously severely impaired person in the White House is President of the United States. There can be no doubt Joe Biden is impaired. Hey, let's go to the VIP line and what an impressive congressional class of conservatives Colorado sent to DC and just I think a turning point kind of election in Colorado. One of those stars, of course, is Jeff Crank from the fifth CD kind enough to join us. Jeff, welcome back to the Dan KAPLI show.
Speaker 7: Dan, thanks for having me over. It's a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. And I know that you won't be voting on the confirmation. But do you think hagg Seth should be confirmed?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I do. First of all, I know Pete hag Seth. I worked with Pete a little bit at Concerned Veterans. He was at Concerned Veterans for America, I was Americans for Prosperity. He led that organization for a while and it did a great job when I when I knew him, I don't know him since he became the big star on Fox News and all of that I haven't sort of kept up. But the Pete Haig stuff, I know was a good man, committed to America and to standing up for it. And so look, I mean I don't, as you said, I don't have a vote, but I think the Democrats are you know, this is their t this is their playbook, right. They did it at Kavanaugh, They've done it to others. When they don't want someone confirmed, they try and take a scalp and look, you got to come forward with lots of evidence and proof. I'm not willing to just defend someone because they're a Republican. There's plenty of times where I've opposed to someone without fay for integrity to be confirmed. But the President of the United States has the right, just like Joe Biden did, to have people serving in their cabinet that they want to serve. And you know, there were lots of Republicans who voted to confirm all or most of Joe Biden's cabinet, and that's the way it should work.
Speaker 3: No, that's right.
Speaker 1: And I think there's, like with Justice kemanaw a bigger issue now that's come into play, and that is Wait a second. Are we going to have innocent until proven guilty? Are we Are we going to have a president presumptively gets their picks unless there's some gross disqualifier. Are we going to let the Democrats, now, you know, set this precedent where if they howl and scream enough, they're able to run good people out. And Jeff, one thing I'm concerned about, and you know, with the Kamanah example, the Hegseth example, is you know, intimidating talented conservatives from getting involved in politics and then being willing to step up for these positions. I think that's part of the left's playbook and I think they try to scare a lot of people, a lot of conservatives out of getting involved.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's right. And you know, if we didn't learn anything from Judge Kavanaugh, I look at that whole thing that happened. I mean, if you go back even to Judge Bork, right, yeh, they were successful in borking Judge Bork. Thankfully, they were not successful in borking Judge Kavanaugh. If those tactics work, they will do it every time to try and stop someone that they don't that they just don't like, politically, we can't allow that to happen because then it's chaos. Then presidents don't get the pleasure of serving with the people that they choose to serve with, and the whole constitution falls apart, right.
Speaker 1: And I'd extended a step. And when it comes to President Trump, one of the I think his finest moments was standing behind Justice Kavanaugh and then he won that, which I think had benefits far beyond Justice Kevanaugh turning out to be great Justice. Conversely, if unless there's something way beyond what we've heard so far in heg Seth, if he was to back off heg Seth right now, I'm afraid that would dent this tremendous kind of superpower he has right now, which is that of a fighter. Right and you can see, you know, you see it. You're back there in DC. You see the peace and stability he's already bringing to the world just through deterrence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, I agree, I totally agree. And you know, I think the president's got to always be smart. Not this I'm not talking specifically about Trump, but any president only has so much political capital to burn. I think President Trump has a ton of it, right, now, and he should be very cautious to not burn that. But look, he has to stand up. But I think you're right. That was one of his finest moments when he stood by Judge Kavanaugh to become Justice Kavanaugh, and it paid off. And those tactics didn't work, then we can't let them work. Now.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's it.
Speaker 1: Looking like for your GOP majority? I saw something yes to day where it might be for a little while a single seat.
Speaker 3: How's that going to work?
Speaker 7: None of us can get a cold. Dare we better wash our hands? Yeah, Look, it's going to be tight. And you know, the President pulled a few members from the House. Of course, the speakers working with President Trump to make sure that we keep that majority. As you know, being the great constitutional lawyer that you are, that these have to be filled by special elections for House seats, and so it takes time to do that. It can't be just an appointment by the governor like it is in the Senate. So it takes time. We've got to be really careful. He can't pull more people out of the House or we won't have a majority. And so it's going to be a balancing act. But I will tell you. I was very heartened. I was back for a couple of weeks going into orientation. We had a had our leadership elections for the House Republican Caucus. There was not a fight over who should be the speaker. Nice Speaker Johnson was re elected unanimously. There's no one that ran against him. And President Trump showed up at that caucus meeting and said, Mike is my guy. They are working together and that's a great thing. We need to carry that as long as we possibly can.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad to see it. I'm really intrigued by it.
Speaker 1: I mean I had the privilege of interviewing that the Speaker during Gabe's campaign and came away just really impressed with him. But how do you think that friendship became so close between the Speaker and President Trump. Great thing to see, but you wouldn't think from day one, maybe the most obvious couple.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I am intrigued by Mike Johnson to the point, like I will tell you, I walked away from all of my meetings with him thinking this has to be the finest man in Washington, d C. I mean, his character, He's just a man of character. It's just that simple. He is a good Christian man. You know, I don't know if I get in trouble for telling these inside stories, but I'll tell you. He brought all of the the Republican freshman into his office. He pulled out his Bible and he said, if you use this as your guide, and you treat people fairly, and when you have a problem with someone, you know, the Bible teaches us that you should go directly to them. You shouldn't go talk behind their back. If you follow the principles in here, you'll be very successful on Capitol Hill. If you don't, you'll have problems. That's the kind of man Mike Johnson is. I think he continues to try and sort of witness to President Trump. I think, you know, every time I talked to him, he talks about well, you know, I called him after this, after the assassination attempt and I said, mister President, you know you don't you didn't just move your head. I mean, this is this is like a moment that God, you know, you're they're part of a bigger plan. So he's always trying to kind of witness to the president on stuff like that. That's who Mike Johnson is at his core, he's just a good and decent man, and he sees this as our moment right to save a union, to save a country from financial collapse from the enemies that are that are outside looking at us. And so I think he sees this as the moment to help President Trump get his agenda through. And I'm really heartened by where we are right now.
Speaker 1: Well, if he's going to get in trouble for pulling out the Bible, they're going to have to tear down the statues of the founders, right, So I think he's safe on that count. Jeff Crank, our guests, Hey, I hope we can do this often because obviously there's going to be a lot of excitement. I think starting early in the term. When is the formal.
Speaker 3: Swear name.
Speaker 7: For me? It's January third at noon, okay, And so yeah, for the new Congress, we all get sworn in on that day, and then of course we have what two and a half weeks, and then of course the new president gets sworn in, so very exciting times.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, congratulations and great things ahead. And appreciate the time today.
Speaker 7: Dan, anytime. I love again, have great admiration for you, and I have for many years and what always welcome the opportunity to come on and talk with you.
Speaker 3: Thanks much, sure do appreciate that you take care, Gibett. It is Congressman.
Speaker 1: Elect Jeff crank A five five four zero five two five to five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. When we come back, When we come back. What do you think really happened with that execution of the CEO in New York? And I want to give you some amazingly compelling sound from this critical US Supreme Court or a argument today you're on the Dan.
Speaker 3: Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Justice Soto my or today, I cannot eliminate the risk of detransitioners. So it becomes a pure exercise of weighing benefits versus risk, and the question of how many miners have to have their bodies irreparably harmed for unproven benefits is one that is best left.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, Counselor. Every medical treatment has a risk, even taking aspirin.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, yeah, I did not see that one coming from Justice out of my art today. I mean, and obviously the comparison to in this case chemically altering children, blocking puberty, now chemically altering children so that boys become girls and girls become boys. I don't think that's a fair comparison to to taking aspirin. But let the rest of that continue.
Speaker 11: There is always going to be a percentage of the population under any medical treatment that's going to suffer a harm. So the question in my mind is not do policymakers decide whether one person's life is more valuable than the millions of others who get relief from this treatment. The question is can you stop one sex from the other?
Speaker 1: Eight five to five for zero five two five to five the number Justice Alito today. I saw a columnist today after his another just tremendously inspiring performance on the bench today, call him one of the greatest living Americans. And now you may have called him the greatest living American. He's right up there. I think he's got to be in the top five. And here's part of what Justice Alito had to say today during this oral argument, a.
Speaker 9: Question about the state of medical evidence at the present time. In your petition, you made a sweeping statement which I will quote, overwhelming evidence establishes that the appropriate gender affirming treatment with puberty blockers and hormones directly and substantially improves the physical psychological well being of transgender lessons with gender dysphoria.
Speaker 5: That was in.
Speaker 9: November twenty twenty three. Now, even before then, the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare wrote the following. They currently assess quote that the risks of puberty blockers and gender affirming treatment are likely to outweigh the expected benefits of these treatments, which is directly contrary to the sweeping statement in.
Speaker 3: Your petition, Justice Alito continues.
Speaker 9: After the finding of your petition, of course, we saw the release of the CAST report in the United Kingdom which found a complete lack of high quality evidence showing that the benefits of the treatments in question here outweigh the risks, and so I wonder if you would like to stand by the statement that you made in your petition, or if you think it would now be appropriate to modify that and withdraw the statement that there is overwhelming evidence establishing that these treatments have benefits that greatly outweigh the risks from the dangers.
Speaker 6: I of course acknowledged Justice Alito, that there is a lot of debate happening here and abroad, about the proper model of delivery of this care and exactly when adolescents should receive it, and how to identify the adolescence for whom it would be helpful.
Speaker 3: Now, it doesn't sound like a lawyer at all, does it.
Speaker 12: And this continues, but on page one ninety five for the CAST report, it says there is no evidence that gender affirmative treatments reduce suicide.
Speaker 3: What I think that is referring to is there.
Speaker 4: Is no evidence in the studies that this treatment reduces completed suicide. And the reason for that is completed suicide. Thankfully, and admittedly it is rare, and we're talking about a very small pop releation of individuals with studies that don't necessarily have completed suicides within them. However, there are multiple studies, long term, longitudinal studies that do show that there is a reduction in suicidality, which I think is a positive outcome to this treatment.
Speaker 1: Justice Alito magnificent today, because no matter where you come down on all of this, you got to have the truth out there, you got to have the truth on the table. And Justice Alito doing a great job of interjecting that today. By the way, the last voice you heard was the first trans lawyer to argue before the US Supreme Court of biological female identifying as male. Chase strained you, so we'll play some more of that sound later. Promise to keep you up to speed on anything new on this horrific assassination on the streets of New York today of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. New York Post story just breaking. United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson was facing DOJ probe for insider trading when he was killed in targeted New York City shooting. United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson was one of several senior executives at United Healthcare under investigation by the Department of Justice when he was gunned down outside of Manhattan hotel on Wednesday. Thompson was killed in what police called the targeted shooting outside the Hilton Hotel in Midtown. Exercised stock options and sold shares worth fifteen point one million on February sixteenth, less than two weeks before news of the federal antitrust probe went public. The stock price dropped sharply after the revelation that the DOJ was investigating whether the company made acquisitions that consolidated its market position and violation of antitrust laws.
Speaker 3: So that the latest bit of information there Wow.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Yeah, and if anything new comes out on that. The Daniel Penny, please pray for the acquittal of hero Daniel Penny in New York that jury, that trial goes on right now. There has not been a verdict jet. The jury is in the process of deliberations when.
Speaker 3: We come back. A lot of ground to cover here.
Speaker 1: I want to get you some more sound from the Supreme Court argument and why I think Trump needs to stand by Pete Hegseth