Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know, brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement planned on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group has iras backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more. Get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldira dot com. And I am excited to visit right now with Katie Johnson from Miss Amazing. And you have a big thing coming up next month, don't you, Katie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So we have our Amplify event in January. And Amplify is an advocacy program that really advocates or rather teaches girls and women with disabilities how to advocate for themselves and just a supportive, empowering environment.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at the website Miss Amazing dot org and there's a South Dakota chapter and that's what we're talking about right now. The event will be happening in January, but we're talking about it now because you still have room for some volunteers. So if I would like to volunteer, or if I would like to donate, there's still time to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep. So if we are still a couple hundred dollars short of our goal, so we're still looking for givers, but we're also really in the market for volunteers. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I guess. We host our Amplifier that at Augustana University every year and usually in the spring, but this year happens on January when all of the students will be off campus, So usually we get a large number of volunteers from the student population, but they're going to be gone and gone this time, so we're still looking for quite a few volunteers for our amplifierments.
Speaker 1: If somebody would like to volunteer, what kind of things would I be doing if I was a part of the South Dakota Miss Amazing program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so our volunteers are crucial in several different ways, so lots of different opportunities to be a volunteer. You can be paired up with a participant and that role is called a buddy, and what the buddy does is just gets the girls kind of to you know, the next next step, so following the schedule for closely, but also just cultivating that relationship and being just a huge support person for the participate during the weekend.
Speaker 1: Very very nice. Now, if somebody would like to get involved. What is the first step for them to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can go to our website SB dot misamazing dot org and then just click on the volunteer STAB you can register there. Otherwise, we are paired up with a helpline center, so there's a spot on the helpline center website to kind of be a volunteer there as well. You can also email me at SB dot misamazing dot org.
Speaker 1: Very nice and if somebody would like to volunteer, I encourage you to do this right away, get signed up right away because at first of all, we'll take the pressure off Katie a little bit because you'll go, hey, we have people, which is nice. But also it'll be a good way for you to get it on your schedule and make sure that you're able to be there. What is the date of the event again in Soux Falls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two different days. You can sign up to do one or both days, So Saturday January eleventh or Sunday January twelve, and.
Speaker 1: Both days you need volunteer. So if I can help both days, that's great, but if I can only help one, that'll.
Speaker 2: Still work absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: And again, if you'd like to know more, Misamazing dot org is the overall website, but if you go to SD dot misamazing dot org, that'll take you to the South Dakota chapter. But if you happen to be listening in a different state and you go, hey, I'd like to help, but I'm way over here in this other state, check it out. I bet they've got something like this in your area as well. And again, this is such a great program. How long have you been involved in this, Katie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I let's see. I think we're going on seven years now. So I started here. I took over as the chapter director in when I was in college, So seven years I believe.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you for your involvement, and thank you for all that you do for miss Amazing. And I think this is a great program. And if people would like to maybe just come and be a spectator, can they do that as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely So we're still finalizing our schedule, but I believe the showtimes will be around five o'clock in the evening both days that you can find more information on our Instagram or Facebook. Both of them are SD Misamazing.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Katie, Thank you again for your time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you John.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The event is coming up next month and again there's two days. You can volunteer one day, you can volunteer the other day, or be awesome and volunteer both days. That way you get to be amazing too. Missamazing dot org is the website and again the local version sd dot misamazing dot org. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com