Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: This is not Dan Caples, This is Heidi Ganoll on with Ryan Schuling. This afternoon. Dan is working hard to put bad guys in jail or get money out of bad guys. I mean, Dan just does it all. Anyway, we are going to have a great time together today. I've got some really interesting folks joining us, including my own daughter, Tory Ganall who is She's twenty nine. She's a millennial and she's also the national committee woman for the Colord of Young Republicans. So I want to he.
Speaker 3: Way, wait, there's no way you have a twenty nine year old child.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, Ron. I had her when I was like, yeah, nineteen, Now I have so many kids. Import Tory. When I was when she was like twelve or thirteen, I'd been a single mom. I met Jason, got set up on a blind date, and you know, we found madly love and did all the things and got married. And she's like, wait, what like you and I were having a lot of fun together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fella Louise type stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, she reminds me that during my crazy evenings of driving kids all over the place, She's like, we could be traveling the world having a good time. But I also have a fifteen year old daughter, Holly, who's a freshman at Valor, and then twins Jack and Jenna, who are thirteen that just had their last day of school at Cardo Christian Academy today. So it's summer, it's summer.
Speaker 3: Who has more kids? You are, Kelly Rippa. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many kids yet a lot.
Speaker 3: The joke was like a Saturday Night Live bit.
Speaker 5: I think Dana Carvey played Regis Philbin and they kept showing like little photos of kids that Kelly Rippa had.
Speaker 3: I think they went like a ridiculous amount. Oh she's cute. Ah, he's a good looking cat. He's got through like seventeen different kids from all over the world.
Speaker 2: Are you guys gonna have kids? Is that is that too?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: We're not ruling it out. Okay, we're not trying not to.
Speaker 2: Oh well then that's like.
Speaker 5: Come on right, no, I you know, I feel weird about I'm fifty, so, you know, a little late in the game.
Speaker 2: Wait, I had my twins at forty five.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you inform me of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you know, Kelsey's a little concerned she's forty one going on forty two.
Speaker 2: No, she's fun. I had three kids from the time I was forty two to forty five.
Speaker 3: I'm gonta text her that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was nuts. Now that I'm older, I'm like, oh, this is this is why you don't have kids when you're forty five. It's a little, a little tiring. But I'm basically just a taxi cab driver. I just I mean literally, from like three o'clock in the afternoon, when I'm not here, I'm driving children from this place to that place to this activity over here. And now with summer it's going to just go into overdrive. But oh yeah, but you know, Ryan, this is part of why I fight so hard for Colorado because I am really really worried about your future kids, my kids, my future grandkids. And I found some very very troubling stats about what's happened since our favorite guy, Jared Polis became governor. Get this. We've gone from the top five in economic performance to the bottom five. We've become one of the five least affordable states for housing. Colorado is now the sixth most regulated state. Prices are up fifteen percent higher than four years ago. We have the second highest unemployment rate in the US and the second highest rate of teenage fentanyl deaths. Thank you, Jared Polus and the Democrats.
Speaker 3: That's just terrible.
Speaker 2: So Ryan, why on earth do people keep voting for this stuff.
Speaker 5: This is the thing that really I can't wrap my head around. I mean, there's so much evidence, and you don't even have to be as right of center as you or I are. But when you watch what's happening, you watch Colorado crumbling, you watch the city of Denver, and the business is fleeing, they're running a deficit, they're transing the kids. You know, this is a parental rights issue that should not even be partisan or political. They ram through thirteen twelve police signs that into law, claiming that they took a couple words out so it's not as bad as it would have been.
Speaker 3: No, come on, we know that's not true. They're taking our guns away.
Speaker 5: I mean again, these are independent libertarian type issues that people living here in Colorado, no matter what party affiliation they might have, you would.
Speaker 3: Think would take seriously.
Speaker 5: You know what, I might not love everything about the Republicans, but it's got to I gotta at least give them a shot because of what's happening over there on the left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think we need at least we need some balance, right, It just not. I mean, we did stop them from having a supermajority at the Capitol of this last session. It didn't stop a lot of the crazy stuff that happened, but a little bit. But imagine if we had a Republican governor to veto a lot of this stuff or stand firm and not allow some of these bills to go through. That would at least bring some balance back to the state. So, you know, the other thing, and we've talked so much about this, but I have to get this in. We have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad liberal corporate media here in Colorado, and God bless you and Dan and Manny and so many others that fight back and try and tell the truth about what's happening. We try and do that at Rockymountain Voice dot com. Sign up for our newsletter. It's free, no pay, paywalls or ads. But it is hard. I mean, it's like a tidal wave of misinformation and negativity about conservative principles, and you know, just accusations that were lying, that were terrible human beings, were Nazis, all the things, all day long. And I think people are influenced by that, the average everyday voter that doesn't pay attention to politics.
Speaker 6: Like we do.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Well, well, I love that we have this hub and you gave me this great hat. By the way, this is truth the Rocky Mountain Voice that you are literally a hub of the wheel now for all things conservative media. And there's one place that people can go to find my show, to find Dan's show, to find all these publications and great people like you know, John Caldera Independence Institute.
Speaker 3: You know, so many resources that you can use.
Speaker 5: And even if you just had let's say, like an elevator pitch conversation maybe with somebody in your circle, your orbit that's persuadable.
Speaker 3: Let's say a center.
Speaker 5: Left person who's disaffected with how things are going here in Colorado, Well, let me recommend to you, Rocky Mountain Voice.
Speaker 3: You go check it out, go do your own research. I'm not going to force it on you, but just give it a shot.
Speaker 5: And I think that a lot of people, once they're exposed to shows like this one, websites like yours, that they have an opportunity to kind of find things out for themselves, they will be, if not red pilled, then certainly black pilled based on the experience that you have being lied to by, as you put it, the corporate liberal media in this state and nationally as well.
Speaker 2: I agree, Ryan, and I think I think folks are starting to find their news in different places, like we can ask Tory about that, but TikTok and Twitter and or x sorry didn't mean to insult to you on sorry, and you know, just all the different resources there are now podcasts to get your news. So hopefully that trend will continue. I saw some interesting emails come out this week from Collab, and I think there's another like news nonprofit organization that's trying to deal with the destruction of the media as we know it right now, And I'm like, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Burn it down?
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy that they're trying to, you know, they're trying to come up with new and different ideas to claim their stake back, you know. But I also think that two other things. One is, we definitely have the disease of Trump arrangements as syndrome and Colorado TDS is everywhere. And then finally, the Democrats spend so much stinking more money than we do on policy like ballad initiatives and getting people across the finish line as far as elections and misleading voters honestly, just with ads that just say something that's completely not true. So it's the money, it's the TDS, it's the liberal media, And I honestly don't think the pain is personal enough yet I like to call it the frogs and boiling water. And so we've lived here a long I've lived here since seventy eight. You've lived here a long time. We've seen it. But honestly, people, it just gets worse little by little by little, and most people don't pay attention to the day to day, and all of a sudden they're like, oh my gosh, house on fire, my kids are getting taken away because I called them the wrong name.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had this conversation with Dick Wadams, and we call them the human lightning rout here on this program.
Speaker 5: But I respect his background is knowledge of all things politics, and he has made the observation.
Speaker 3: I think it's the correct.
Speaker 5: One that the TDS it extends, it permeates throughout the state of Colorado, even for some people that might otherwise be right leaning voters. For whatever reason, He's much more appealing in my home state of Michigan, which Trump won twice.
Speaker 3: But it's purple.
Speaker 5: It's a purple state with the Democrat governor, and you know those tendencies through its populous. But do you think, Heidi, I'll pose it to you this way, if Trump is the MAGA movement America first, the new Republican Party, if it has a new figure.
Speaker 3: Had new face, whether that's JD.
Speaker 5: Vance, Ronda Santis, Marco Rubio, that there might be kind of a changing of the tide here in Colorado once Trump is no longer in the picture.
Speaker 2: I've thought about that, yeah, And I honestly think what's going to make the biggest difference is the pain factor, Like they're going to have to just get you know, like they're going to have to see something so horrible with their pocketbook, with their housing costs, with the you know, the all the kids stuff going on, thirteen twelve, et cetera. In their church, they're going to have a wake up call. There's so many options right now, so many bad things have and then I'm hoping that it gets to the point where the frogs are boiling and they jump out of the water. I hope it's before three and a half years from now, when we have a new president. That's terrible to think that we're going to go on like this for three and a half more years. We have a very important mid term in twenty six. We have all the state wide offices up. We could try and flip the legislature in Colorado back, but I think the most important thing we need to do in twenty twenty six is protect our four congressional seats that we have, because that'll help nationally, it will help locally. So Gabe Evans in Congressional District eight, which is up north Denver, Jeff Hurd in Congressional District three, which is Pueblo and the western Slope, Lauren Bobert in Congressional District four, which is Douglas County, and the eastern slope and then Congressional District five Jeff Crank, which is down in al Paso County. And here's some really disturbing numbers, and then we'll go to break. We've lost fourteen points in CD four since twenty twenty. We've lost five points in CD five, two points in CD three just since twenty twenty. In those congressional races. We had a lot of work to do. Ryan, we'll come back after the break. This is Heidi can All filling in for Dan Kaplis and talk more about.
Speaker 3: This and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast. You don't think it's an infringement on the First Amendment? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Well, look, obviously you have to if you have an employer.
Speaker 3: There's things you can say and can't say at work, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is not like you know, with your friends in your house at all, right, right, I mean, that's not against a lot when you.
Speaker 3: Go to work.
Speaker 4: You cannot call your African American colleague the N word. I mean that that is, you know, that is a civil rights violation. So of course this is a great diverse state. You may have to work with somebody who's transit or somebody you may have to work with, somebody who who's African Americans like, you just have to respect whoever you work with. You you know, and you you all try to get along. And that is in the professional side of things, how we all get together as a state. And I would add this goes always if you have a doubt Christian who you work with, you have to respect that he never mocked their Christianity. You never mocked their faith. At work again, in your own home, you know, if you're with friends and you can argue about Christianity or transgender and you can get mean, ambitious, and there's no viholation of law, totally free speech. But when you're at work, absolutely there are expectations of what you do at work and treat everybody civilly. This bill doesn't too much about that, but that was already the.
Speaker 3: Law in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Well, Ryan, that's our gas lighting. Governor Jared Poulos, nobody knows that better than you. He is so full of whoy he's talking about this bill that went through that you know, basically says parents if they change, if they call their kids the wrong name or they dead name them, then I guess what, guys, you can get your kid taken away. And also if you work in a business and you say something like to call somebody the wrong name, you can be I don't know if it's fired or filed the complaints. There's all kinds of consequences to this attack on free speech, especially on parents. You can't call your own kid the name that you gave your kid.
Speaker 5: Here was my analysis of this interview, and I listened to the whole thing. And credit to Ross Kaminski for pressing Jared Polis on this particular issue thirteen twelve. This was on Tuesday over on KOA here in Denver. Jared Pulis identifies two places where you might be in your life your home in the workplace. What about a place of business or anywhere else you might go. What if I'm a customer a masterpiece cake shop run by Jack Phillips. What if I'm Jack Phillips and a transgender person comes in and I'm not willing to engage in whatever ideology they have?
Speaker 3: Now is that a civil rights violation? Is that actionable?
Speaker 5: Because that's already been decided by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in favor of Jack Phillips and Masterpiece Cake Shop for a violation of his First Amendment rights that you cannot force an ideology upon somebody. So Polus leaves out a very big, glaring blind spot here of everywhere else in public you might go that's not your home, home and not your workplace.
Speaker 3: So what's the standard operating procedure here? If I go to a restaurant and I have a very.
Speaker 5: Fundamentent menalist Christian friend of mine sitting with me, and we have a trans waiter waitress, and my friend happens to dead name or misgender this waiter waitress, than what, that's the workplace for them, it's not for us.
Speaker 3: We're customers. What happens then, Jared, Oh, he.
Speaker 2: Knows what happens. He just wants to, you know, gloss it over and make it sound like it's the best thing since slice bread. He also, I believe he signed thirteen oh nine today, didn't he? Which is the other the kind of sister bill that it forces all of us to pay for elective transgender affirming procedures and includes a slush fund to circumvent Medicaid that's no longer covering this. And it also so we have to pay for men's breast implants, laser hair removal, and skin tightening, but your insurance will not cover any of these elect elective procedures for you. Let that sink in. And also it takes testosterone off the drug tracking program, so the wrong sex hormones that you're paying for will be given to children in secret. Like this is six stuff and I'm sorry, I mean, I just am getting to the point where I don't know if I recommend people raise their kids here. This is bad, bad, bad bad, and it's gonna get worse. I think next year, when Polus is like totally on his way out, the legislature is going to go even crazier. As my prediction, what.
Speaker 3: Do you think Michael Bennett's gonna do he comes in if he wints governor, Oh.
Speaker 2: Michael vin it just like I believe that. I don't know he's going to talk like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he gets a little riled up sometimes and he loses all of his enunciation skills.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: He does nothing. He's like the biggest no like heet Well, doesn't do anything.
Speaker 5: Even Comrade Kyle of nine News compared him to a cicada who just comes around every thirteen years.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was funny.
Speaker 2: I can't laugh at anything.
Speaker 3: Kyle Clark was and it was accurate.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a weedy too, just like Michael Bennett. They all are. I've had it with all of them.
Speaker 3: Throw them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got a long way to go in Colorado. And you know, I spoke at the Otero Lincoln Dinner last weekend. That's Lahunta. It was so fun. The people were amazing, couple hundred patriots down there. It's a long drive, it's like three hours down, three hours back. But I had a little fun with the audience and I did the Ragon quote the person who agrees with you eighty percent of the time is an eighty percent friend, not a twenty percent enemy. So there's so much dysfunction in our party here, in the whole conservative movement in Colorado, and everybody's arguing and bickering. And I've got the point where I just kind of ignore the attacks, or I just call them out, or I delete them or block them or whatever. But we've got to we've got to get together to win anything in the midterms. And so I asked people, I want everybody to hoop and holler or boo and hiss, depending on how you feel about this question. How many of you, and this is a room of very conservative people, believe that Donald J. Trump is handling his presidency very well? And of course the crab went wild. Yeah, everybody was happy. I said, who thanks, Jared Poulos and Democrats are destroying Colorado, and everybody went WHOOA yes, of course. How many people believe there are only two sexes, male and female? How many believe boys shouldn't play in girls' sports? Who wants to protect the unborn and doesn't like abortion until birth? Who loves our ranchers and farmers and doesn't like what they're doing with wolves? Who hates potholes, bike lanes? And I seventy traffic? And finally, who loves Elon and doche I mean? And I said to everybody, there is your eighty percent. Like that is your eighty percent. We are united. Stop treating these eighty percent or the twenty percent people as enemies and start treating them as eighty percent friends. And let's turn our attacks, our criticisms to the Democrats. Because you heard those stats, I rattled off in the very beginning. Our state is going down the tubes and we're going to talk more about this after the break with my daughter Tori Ganal. I think she'll be in here pretty soon. And I'm just blessed and honored to be here.
Speaker 5: With you today, Ryan, and we are blessed and honored to have you in studio with your high jinks.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, will you continue? Yes, very big.
Speaker 6: Fan of that.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast video that.
Speaker 7: Shows prison guards and Costa Rica catching a drug smuggler and the culprit.
Speaker 2: As you can see, it's free and us four legs.
Speaker 7: Guards caught this cat as it jumped over the prison fence at night with marijuana and crack taped to its body. Guards carefully cut those packages from the cat's tiny body, removing the drugs from the fur person. Officials handed over that cat to an animal health service to be checked out.
Speaker 2: That is the craziest story. When I saw that, Ryan, I was like, who wait, who does that? There's lots of weirdos out there, but the cat's just tooling along, taped up with all kinds of drugs. Like I probably had people chasing him down the street to try and get the drugs.
Speaker 3: Cokaine Kitty, go Kain Kitty.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was mentioning how I was.
Speaker 5: Watching Mayor Kingstown, the paramount series with Jeremy Renner, and they were using drones to fly over the prison yard and drop drugs or whatever.
Speaker 3: In well, why use a drone when you can simply use a cat?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, speaking of and part of why I wanted you to play that clip. Obviously, I've been taking it easy, laying low since I had that big surgery a few like six weeks ago now, and I've gotten caught up in some wild like things I'm seeing on the internet, and one of them. And if you guys, if you guys know about this, call in or texting. You can text Dan five seven seven three six or calling at three oh three seven one three eight two five five because this is taking off around the country. Ryan, have you heard about sailing with Phoenix?
Speaker 3: Sailing with Phoenix?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the coolest thing.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: This young guy, I think he's twenty nine thirty years old, got a bad health diagnosis whereas his neck is like his spine is compressing and he may be paralyzed at some point soon. So he literally cashed out as four ohe k he took. He quit his job at discount Tyre. He'd been there for a decade, and he bought a boat and he has gold to sail around the world, so he he learned how to sail a little bit, but not a lot. He got in the boat. I think it was twenty three days ago now, and he's on his way to Hawaii from Oregon, and every day all of us are checking in, like how's Oliver doing? Is he alive? Like what's going on? Did he hit a squall? Like we're learning all these boating terms. But this is the coolest thing. He's doing it with his cat. And his cat's name is Phoenix, and Phoenix is this little tabby calico looking thing. It's just sweet as can be, mews and it's You can follow him on Instagram sailing with Phoenix. You can follow him on Twitter if somebody's tweeting for him. But he has he has starlink so he can post videos and he's gonna get to Hawaii tomorrow. And he's got one point six million followers now on Instagram.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: So the cat's just a partner in crime, so to speak, but not in the way that the drug's bo right, right, no, no, no, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: I want a cat that can tweet for itself. Though you said that somebody's tweeting for the k Come on, step up your game. I need a tabby that can tweet.
Speaker 2: Tabby that can tweet. That's like Heidi's hygiens, but a cat tweet. I'm just you know, I find so much pleasure in some of these little like wandering I do on the internet. Sometimes the Internet can be so horrible, and especially in politics, but then you find a story like that and you're like, go all over, go Phoenix, and you're waiting for the updates. It's kind of silly, but it's really really fun.
Speaker 5: So you were literally looking for cat videos because a lot of people use that as a punch flying Like, I just gonna go on and watch cat videos all day.
Speaker 8: You are watching cat videos. I watching inspirational story Cats on a boat, Cats on a boat. Everybody watch Oliver And I even bought some merch. I had a sweatshirt on earlier today that has Phoenix the cat.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think Phoenix the Cats like the new Morris You remember.
Speaker 3: Morris Me Mix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to find that a commercial coming back for the gen z Ors are like, what are those two olds talking about?
Speaker 2: Yes, please find that. We'll be singing it all weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm going to put that earworm in every one of you listeners out there so you have it going into Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: That would be good. You know, dogs and cats, that's they just make the world such a much better place. And I brought Kelly a book about a guy. This is my other internet little following on the animal front, about Tina the Dog. And there's Niall who's in Thailand. He had an addiction problem. He quit kind of he quit cold Turkey I think, and went to Thailand and started rescuing dogs. And now he feeds over one hundred street dogs every day on his bikes and he has all these volunteers that mix up all the food and he rescues these dogs and gets them out of horrible situations. And he just came out with this wonderful book about Tina the Dog that's saving the world, and it just made my heart happy. It's really cool. Check it out on Amazon and Kelly, I'll have to tell us how she likes it. But one of the things I'm most proud about of building Camp Bawow, which it became the largest franchise pet care franchise in the world. I think it still is. It got over two hundred locations now around the country. I sold it a few years ago when I had three kids under the age of three and a teenager when I was older, Like we were talking about, couldn't handle it all. But one of the things I'm most proud about was starting the Bowot Buddies Foundation, and we were able to find homes for over ten thousand dogs through all of our franchises around the country over ten years. And I just it makes me very, very happy to think that there's lots of doggies that have homes, whether it's from Nile and Thailand, or it's Oliver in Phoenix, the cat on the boat. But there's been a lot of talk about these laws that Jared Pulis is signing lately around pets. I think today they signed the one that said you're not allowed to sell animals in front of the safeway. Do you know any details on that. I don't really know the details now.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 3: During the break though, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, my gut check is anything Jared Pulis signs.
Speaker 3: Is bad, but I did.
Speaker 2: I did agree with them on a bill this last election to bring in more like nurse practitioners in the in the veterinary care space. So that's the only thing that Jared Pulis and I have ever worked on together that we agreed on. But I don't know I got Yeah, we got to check out this bill because I'm not sure if Jared signed it what I think about it. But I talked a little bit about the distress that I saw that I felt when I saw the numbers in how are congressional races. We've lost so much ground, especially in Congressional Districts three, four, and five, which are kind of the mainstay of conservative the conservative movement here in Colorado. So CD three is the western slope in Pueblo, CD four is Douglas County, and the eastern slope in CD five is El Paso County. And if you look at the elections for the congress folks between twenty twenty and twenty four, and we did do some redistricting, so it's not quite apples to apples, but it's important. We've lost two points in CD three. That's the Western Slope in Pueblo, we've lost fourteen points. In CD four that's Douglas County, and then CD five we've lost five points. So I think one of the most important things we can do in twenty twenty six is pay attention to these congressional races and get boots on the ground. Help Gabe Evans, Lauren Bobert, Jeff Crank, Jeff Heard, all four of them keep their seats and start to claw back some of these numbers and stop this digression towards blue congressional seats not too far off. If we're only two points away in CD three, that's scary. I know, you know, we almost lost that one before in the election before Jeff Heard. But they're coming after these seats and they want everything. They're not happy with just what they have now, which is almost everything. They want these congressional seats.
Speaker 5: And we've seen also a couple of candidates come out in the eighth Democrats that are going looking to run against Gabe Evans.
Speaker 3: What I'm fascinated by, what I asked him about earlier this.
Speaker 5: Week, was if he notices that you, Derek Caraveo, for instance, she's getting back in the race and as much as she tried to distance herself from the Biden administration, especially on the border late in that campaign, she's coming into this race, I think, full throttle, trying to race to the middle, appear as a moderate, dissociate herself almost entirely from the Democratic Party. I don't know how that's going to fly in a primary, but we know that that's a district among any in the United States that says no narrowly defined, you know, between Republican and Democrat as it gets.
Speaker 3: And then another Democrat.
Speaker 5: Jumps in, probably trying to outflank you, Derek Caravea to the left. Is that going to That might work in the primary, but then in the general against Gabe Evans, who I think is doing a terrific job tolling the line for our values here in Colorado and in the eighth Congressional district. They're trying to find their sea legs in the eighth Congressional I think this is very telling about where the Democratic Party is right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Yadara one by zero point seventy five percent when she first went and then gave one by point seventy five percent. So I flipped one point five percent but I mean, the scary thing is the Democrats are so organized, so well funded, and you know we're not. And that's why I talked earlier about how we've got to make our you know, twenty percent enemies are eighty percent friends, and we've got to figure out how to work together. And it really comes down to on the ground action, actually engaging in your own neighborhoods and not just sitting online and complaining about things. So pick a policy area that you're passionate about and oofs, Ryan, can you hear me? Okay, okay, sorry, guys, I had a little glitch technology wise. This is howding. You know, we're gonna go to break filling in for Dan Kapless. We'll see it soon.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Tapless Show. Podcast Nine Lives presents Marris, who came to visit.
Speaker 6: It's a visit. If it's an invasion, it means me Darling's Morris. I'll tell them the facts of life.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 6: Fact one, be finicky, don't budge.
Speaker 2: If nine Lives wait here, I'll.
Speaker 6: Be right back. Food platter, Liver, nine Lives, Liver nine Lives, nutritious foods. Cats really like even Morris. Nine lives kids today. Don't listen. I told him the way.
Speaker 3: Listen. I was wrong too, wasn't me? Mix was nine lives?
Speaker 4: Far?
Speaker 3: Be it for me to get that wrong on the cat food?
Speaker 2: Well, then you got to find me megs song for the next event.
Speaker 3: We'll have a theme going out through today's program.
Speaker 5: You mentioned earlier you like cats and dog living together mass hysteria.
Speaker 3: But if you got to pick one pet cat.
Speaker 2: Or pet dog, and why oh, I'm the dog girl. I know I love my kidties too, Okay, but yeah, I've been a dog girl my whole life. And I wasn't like the crazy dog lady when I started Camp bow Wow. I more just saw a problem that I didn't have any place to put my dogs.
Speaker 5: Even the way you said it, though, crazy dog Lady sounds a lot less bad than crazy cat Lady, doesn't it, Kelly.
Speaker 3: If you had to pick one or the other dog or cat, why oh, I.
Speaker 6: Love them both.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 9: I my cat unfortunately, oh a while ago, and uh oh, so I've got two dogs in right now. I've got my son's dog shacking up with us, and she is adorable, so I would kind of have to go with a dog and have more personality because cats kind of just use you.
Speaker 4: And want you to just.
Speaker 9: Fall all over them, and you know, when they aren't into you anymore, they just kind of go away.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that about cats, though, that they're more independent. Like you can leave a cat at home with some food in a litter box and you're fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't leave a dog at home like that.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember the old movie That Darn Cat with the Sign.
Speaker 3: I sure do. Yes.
Speaker 2: They tried to do the remake. It wasn't as good, but that was a great, great movie. Those parents out there that don't know about that movie, you got to watch it with your kids.
Speaker 5: I remember the movie Homeward Bound, which has a Himalayan cat, and we had a cat named Boris, not Morris, but Boris because he bought him from a Russian lady who looked exactly like that cat. And Homeward Bound the chocolate kind of seal point Himalayan, seal point Himalayan.
Speaker 3: That movie just.
Speaker 2: Tore your heart out.
Speaker 3: I know, Get Home.
Speaker 2: Not worse than Old Yeller, but that was the worst worst dog movie for dog lovers ever created.
Speaker 6: Uh, huh.
Speaker 3: I a real brief story here. It's a little sad, but it's.
Speaker 5: A little heartwarming at the same time. I think, but I'm mainly a dog guy now, but growing up with Boris, I mean, he was my cat.
Speaker 3: He was a family cat.
Speaker 5: But a cat typically will pick its person. Yes, this one person who was absolute favorite, and Boris I was his guy. And I remember he was dying of cancer. So he's like thirteen years old. And my sister, my baby sister, Liz, calls me on the phone.
Speaker 3: She's crying.
Speaker 5: I'm in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So I'm like an hour and forty five minutes away from our hometown of Grass Lake. She says, Boris is nearing the end, but I keep telling him that you're going to come home and see him. I'm like, I'm on my way. I get there and he's near the end. Wei should have had him put to sleep, by the way, that's so humane.
Speaker 3: But I get there. He kind of lifts his head up. I'm talking to him.
Speaker 5: He died twenty minutes after I go, oh no, he waited for me though. He waited for me, and I got to see him and talk to him, pet him, and then he was gone, but that was It was always remarkable to me that he knew and he was listening to my sister and heard him and held on and he was there when.
Speaker 3: I got there.
Speaker 2: Well, I know another dog lover. Welcome my daughter, Tory Gannal to the show. Hello, toy, Hello, I'm so happy to be here. Yeah, sorry you got stuck in a little bit of traffic. And speaking of dogs, Tory has Poppy Rose, the three year old Golden Retriever puppy, who is my grand dog.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean that's such a cute little dog. I know that Dan has a little Golden too, so they're about the same age. I would bet how old is this puppy?
Speaker 2: Three three?
Speaker 10: And she's quite the little princess and also a little menace.
Speaker 3: So spoiled and she knows it.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, absolutely. Have you seen those memes, Ryan where the Golden Retrievers like this sweet little puppy and then turns into like the Torontosaurus Rex and then it becomes good again, like after the age.
Speaker 5: Of three.
Speaker 3: Golden.
Speaker 5: The thing is that they're so affable, they're so friendly and playful. I've never met a Golden that has a mean bone.
Speaker 3: In its body.
Speaker 2: They're not mean, They're just a menace.
Speaker 10: He choose everything known to mankind. But she is so spoiled and that mostly comes from this one over here. My mom more than me.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't have grandkids. I have a grand dog. So there you go. Yeah, Tori, speaking of dogs, I want to talk about the dog eat dog world of politics with you, and we have just a couple of minutes till the break and then we'll continue the conversation afterwards. But you are the National committee woman for the Cowardy Young Republicans. Correct, Yes, I am proud to be it. How's that? How did that happen?
Speaker 10: I kind of got talked into it. Honestly, I feel like over the last ten years it's been this journey of me getting involved in politics and not willing to step forward into the spotlight of it, mostly watching you watch be in the spotlight of it. Now it's it's kind of my turn to step up. And I think the young Republicans, especially in Colorado, are looking for their next leadership and their next the face of the party because there's a lot of work to be done here. So I'm really excited and proud to be on the front of that, and I think we've got a lot of really exciting stuff coming up.
Speaker 2: You guys have fourteen chapters now across the state. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Yes, we're growing super quickly. We actually just got a huge grant award from our national for our growth, so super excited about that. And over twenty of us are headed to Nashville in July August for the national convention.
Speaker 2: That's very exciting.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we are.
Speaker 2: We are about to go to Afterwards, I want to talk about your journey because I threw everything liberal I possibly could put you in Boulder Valley School. You really did University of Oregon. We'll talk about that after the break. This is how do you get all filling in for Dan Kaplis