Speaker 1: Yeah, da.
Speaker 2: Need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man. This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom here to help you solve problems, answer questions, to take complaints, make your life a little easier, as I've been doing for years and years. We have a guest today we'll get to and uh. We also have Major Mark Major at the Mothership. And we and the guests, by the way, Brendan Killian Denver Shades dot Co and uh Denver Shades.
Speaker 3: He's with a Mark at the Mothership.
Speaker 4: And welcome Brendan Denver Shades dot Coe, which is made in the shade window coverings. I'm just curious about something real quick here, Brendan, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me? Is this a busy time?
Speaker 4: Do people want to get like stuff done before the holidays or is it slow because they wait till after the holidays?
Speaker 6: Well a little of both. A lot of times people well it was slow like running up to the election actually and then and then usually this is the time to order for holidays because people want to order a week before the holidays, and it's just not possible.
Speaker 3: So that's one thing I'm going to emphasize it. This is the time now, Okay, can you get stuff by Christmas?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? I could have out by Thanksgiving some things possibly, but it would literally be this week. And we are running a twenty five percent off Black Friday sale through the holidays.
Speaker 3: Nice of the entire order. Oh very cool?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, Hey, that's Brendan, and Brendan, you're going to miss out on Filet Mignon because you didn't come here today.
Speaker 3: So the hell with you? Oh No, what's hey, Carly? What's going on with your car? Carly? What's happening?
Speaker 7: Hi? Tom So? So last night we went to the Filmore Auditorium for a concert for my with my thirteen year old daughter and her thirteen year old friend.
Speaker 5: Would go to the.
Speaker 7: Wendy's located right next door to the Fillmore.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this happens a lot. You got towed from that Wendy's and hold on. This is what people usually tell me. They stopped at the Wendy's to get something to eat, and they really did use Wendy's.
Speaker 3: But something went wrong. But I want to ask you some real quick who was at the Filmore or who was at the venue.
Speaker 7: The band was called Chase Atlantic. They're kind of like an R and B rap group out of Australia.
Speaker 3: Very cool. I've heard of them, yes.
Speaker 7: And so I mean we parked there before. So we went to Demi Lovado two years ago in twenty twenty two, and I played six yards park there. We had no problems, right.
Speaker 8: Wait, so did you pay? Did you pay to that area of town?
Speaker 3: Did you pay to park there? We did so.
Speaker 7: As soon as you go in there. Last night, they charged us fifty dollars to park there. I paid cash, right, and the guy sand then he.
Speaker 4: Said, I didn't realize that Wendy's. I didn't realize that Wendy's allows people to park there for concerts. So it was actually open for concert parking, correct.
Speaker 7: And they charged people. So that later very close to the venue, and me and my friend wanted to be close because we have thirteen year old daughters, you know. Okay, so we paid them. We got done with a concert, went right out right. My car was gone.
Speaker 9: I got really.
Speaker 7: Worried because I have a Kia Sorrento, so I was almost thinking maybe it got stolen. Because of all the theft with it. But I called the tow truck company and they towed my car and looking into this more, this has been an ongoing situation for years at this Wendy's and this tow truck company before it was Wyatt Towing, and just yeah, but why did.
Speaker 10: They do it?
Speaker 4: If you paid, Carly, I don't understand why did they do it?
Speaker 7: It's a big scam, Tom Like from looking at all these things on Reddit that looks like the news even broadcast of this whole.
Speaker 8: Situation, Carley, I got a few questions, ring.
Speaker 3: Listen, I got a few questions.
Speaker 4: That's not the reason why this was shut That's not the reason why it was shut down.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of reasons. And it wasn't shut down.
Speaker 4: It was sued by the Attorney General for violations of the law.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, Carly. That has nothing to do with this.
Speaker 4: What I need to know about this is, first and foremost, were you the only one Toad.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: That I know of? Yes, But when I talked to the Fillmore, I've talked to two employees that the Fillmore trying to get information about the parking venue, right, and they told me that this is a constant problem with them, and that it's like a scam.
Speaker 9: This is what they do to people.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, I assure you they do not do this on purpose. They do not collect money and purposely toe you. That would be insane. We would get more complaints than you'd ever dream of. However, I don't put it past them for someone to do something wrong. I don't think it's an ongoing organized thing where hey, come park here.
Speaker 3: But I need to ask a few questions.
Speaker 4: Does Wendy's or does anyone acknowledge that there was paid parking there?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, there usually is at every venue parking.
Speaker 4: Okay, so obviously they're not Obviously they're not towing everyone from that lot. We have to figure out why did they toe you, whether you agree with it or not.
Speaker 3: Did they give you a reason?
Speaker 7: No, no, they strictly said there was no ticket inside of your window.
Speaker 3: And I said, okay, hold on, that's the wait wait, way, that's the reason they said there was no ticket.
Speaker 4: Were you supposed to display a ticket? Listen, I'm not trying to hook you here, I'm trying to get some reason.
Speaker 3: Are you supposed to display a ticket?
Speaker 7: So two years ago, when we parked with Demi Levado and we're the same parking lot, same Wendy's and everything. We paid sixty dollars that day. We didn't get a ticket that day to even put in our window. We strictly parked there and we got out of Denie Levado and my car was there.
Speaker 4: That was two years ago. I'm not talking about two years ago. I want to know this time when you parked, did you get a ticket?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: He looks back at my license plate. He looked, he took a like a little shot of that, and he said, you can go to the back and that's where your parking will be. And I paid the cake.
Speaker 4: So no one was given No one was issued tickets for this parking lot.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I even looked the other cars that were parked there, even when we got out of the venue, the other cars, and none of the cars had tickets on them.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that was the reason you were.
Speaker 9: Given yep by the yes.
Speaker 3: Wow wow.
Speaker 7: So like this happening to a single mom that can't tear her car out, can't get her kids to school.
Speaker 3: You know what, what is the name of the toe company?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 7: The toe company is called Elite Towing services.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: And then it looks like the parking attendant that that do the paid parking. They're a third party venue, right, they're called stop and park.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on okay, okay, okay, And it was called stop and park okay?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 3: Man? What do you make of that mark?
Speaker 10: I don't know, man, I'd be curious if we called up there right now. Do they issue tickets? Did they issue tickets to other people that night?
Speaker 3: I would like to tell you.
Speaker 7: I have no proof of it because I paid cash.
Speaker 3: You know, no, I get it.
Speaker 10: Is it possible if someone flim flammg you out of it?
Speaker 3: Like some bum walked up and well makee just taking their money?
Speaker 7: I mean there is three parking attendants there.
Speaker 3: One was like yeah, but that guy I understand that.
Speaker 4: But that guy could have pocketed your money, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Probably he had a stack of cash in his hand and then he had like a little like credit card kiosk in his hand.
Speaker 4: Also, so you paid cash and there was no receipt or anything.
Speaker 3: No, oh man, So how much did it cost you?
Speaker 7: Less? I'm learned for me?
Speaker 3: How much did it cost you to get your car?
Speaker 7: So if I wanted to pick up my car last night or before eight o'clock this morning, I would have paid three hundred and eighty four dollars and seventy six cents. Since did you did you pick it up?
Speaker 3: Did you pick it up?
Speaker 7: The rate change?
Speaker 3: Did you pick it up? Did you pick it up? Did you pick up your car?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: I did when this morning at eight thirty pm, eight thirty am with my dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how much are you out? Completely completely?
Speaker 7: Two hundred and eighty four dollars and sixteen seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now if you.
Speaker 4: If you do you have anyone who witnessed you paying for that parking?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I have my friend Marlene that was in the car, the other adult, and then my two thirteen year olds.
Speaker 3: Okay, and why would you lie about that? I mean, you know what I'm saying is so I.
Speaker 7: Was like, this is just so horrible, Like it just makes you.
Speaker 9: Feel so horrible, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No, listen, listen thirteen.
Speaker 7: Year olds sitting out in the cold weather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the first time in my life. A few months ago, I had my car towed. It's a long story, but man, it is a terrible feeling. You feel screwed, no matter what, But I think in my case it was legit.
Speaker 3: There was a sign, it was covered by some There's definitely a sign. But here's the thing. I I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's because if we call, and I want to call, and I want to ask these people, I don't ump mark.
Speaker 3: If she went to small claims.
Speaker 4: Court, it's going to be would they take it the consideration these witnesses?
Speaker 10: Do you think, well, sure, the judge will take into consideration whoever she brings in there, absolutely, And.
Speaker 4: What do you think, like, so the toe company just goes and looks for tickets basically?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Is that what they said?
Speaker 7: That's just so that they told me. And they're like, we didn't see any tickets in your car or any privileges that you would have parking in that lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right? So I don't know, man, was the Wendy's open, by the way, it was?
Speaker 7: And so we ended up going through to drive through so I can talk to somebody there and just get the manager's name or somebody that I can reach out to, right, And he told me that pretty much. So the Wendy's is owned by somebody separately, and then there's a property manager and then there's a third party venue, which is a stop and park people right.
Speaker 4: Right, and probably Wendy's has nothing. Wendy's has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she goes I've been told multiple times, and she goes. They really they just kind of they do this to people all the time.
Speaker 4: I think what happens is this. I think they cherry pick here and there and keep money. I think it's probably one or two of the attendants. I don't think, like I said, I don't think it's an organized thing because it wouldn't work. I mean, there would be too many victims if they just kept towing cars. I think they cherry pick them and just make an extra fifty bucks here and there. That's all I can think of. I mean, so here's what I'd like to do. Who's in the studio.
Speaker 12: I'll take care of it, Tom. I just have one I have one question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: If anybody in our audience was there last night and got a ticket from the stop and park people, please call and let us know, because if that's the case, then obviously this is a flip flam, like Mark said, and somebody just pocketed fifty bucks in cash. If he had if he had a credit card reader, then obviously he couldn't do it. But if it with somebody from Stoppn Park, who's just what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking that that thing may they might just keep some of the cash because if I choose to believe her, and I do, there's no reasons she's going to make up this whole elaborate story and call us this morning. So listen, Carly, I'm going to have Doc call over there and just say listen. And then also if ask them just straight up if they issued tickets last night, So what does that mean? If they did issue tickets and she didn't get one on her I mean, what how do we prove it? I think her friends, as Mark said, a judge would take into consideration that and I would definitely take it to the next level of small claims court. Now, obviously you would sue the toad company or no excuse me, I would say the parking company is who I would sue if they cost you that by not giving you a ticket. And if your friends are there that can testify they didn't give you a ticket, you paid. But hang on, Carly, and I'll have Deputy Doc take a look at this. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, you're trouble shooter. Hey listen, I don't think I had all of the facts straight on the settlement with Wyatts. And we'll have one of our news peeps on soon to talk about that Wyat's I was told was forced to sell, So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: I did not Mark. Did you realize that I didn't realize.
Speaker 10: I found out this morning from one of the news guys he wanted to do an interview with us over the break for the news.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's part man. And who was the guy that we knew that was the owner.
Speaker 10: He was actually the managing partner, I believe. I can't think of his name, honestly, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: Seem like a terrible guy at the time.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 10: I think what happened is Denver got him and find the hell out of him.
Speaker 3: Wow. So he must have been doing things wrong.
Speaker 10: Must have been Yeah, well I can't remember they changed all those towing laws.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, a Rose? What's going on with you? Rose?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hi Rose? What's going on? Okay?
Speaker 13: I was listening to your broadcaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I have been trying to get out of my contract with waste Management every time they overcharged me.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I ask you when you entered into that contract? I don't remember how long have you how long have you had their services? Do you recall roughly?
Speaker 13: Was I going to stay around?
Speaker 9: I'm going to say five or six years or something?
Speaker 3: Okay, so do you Okay?
Speaker 4: Those contracts are not perpetual, so do you never renewed them?
Speaker 3: They just automatically renewed?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 14: So I called.
Speaker 13: When I called there, I said, I want to get rid of my service. Sure if you are in a contract until November?
Speaker 4: Now, why I mean, did they say that it was an automatically renewable contract.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but they called me on the phone, like when I was calling them about it's okay, sure, they said it was due in November, and I have been asking them to send me copies of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they can't. They can't, rose I'll bet you they can't.
Speaker 13: Well, okay, so I can't even go through the bills to tell you when they told me November. Anyway, So I sent them a letter September twenty eighth, making sure that it would get there before November first, telling you.
Speaker 4: I don't what you're bound. What I'm saying is, I don't think you have to do all of that.
Speaker 3: I think i'd call their bluff and do what. Okay? First of all, how do they get payment from you?
Speaker 13: I pay them?
Speaker 3: Okay. They do not draft any of your accounts or credit cards?
Speaker 7: Right, No, they do nothing.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: What I would do is write them a letter saying that you want to cancel the effective date and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Don't pay them anymore and hire another company. They would have to prove that you have an ongoing contract. The courts look really down on these kinds of automatically renewable contracts, and I think they can't show you one.
Speaker 3: That's what I think. Okay, So.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't even remember signing a contract when I signed up.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you you didn't. I never signed one, and then.
Speaker 13: They told me I was in the contracts and I'm like, I'm not in a contry, you no.
Speaker 3: Deputy D.
Speaker 4: Deputy D in addition to being a deputy here knows all about the sanitation business and he's in the recycling business. D do you do you think? Okay, do you know how their contracts normally work.
Speaker 15: Yeah, every contract I've ever seen for a residential trash service, no matter who the hall or is, has an automatic renewal clause. However, almost nobody signs those contracts because most of the time the service is set up on the phone.
Speaker 3: So if they never come to the door and get a contract.
Speaker 16: No, no, I've never heard of that happening.
Speaker 15: So so Rose, if they can't provide you with a copy of the paper contract, it probably means one doesn't exist. So I think time was right on. Send them a certified letter. Say hey, beginning November one, I'm going to have a new Rusholder. Let's come la down please come and pick up your h your trash cans.
Speaker 13: Well, I've already done that. They did send me something in the mail. It was a contract, but dude.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on. Was it a contract you signed?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, well they don't have a contract you signed.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, great.
Speaker 4: What does that contract say? What does that contract say.
Speaker 3: That you got? Oh gosh, when was it drafted? When was it drafted? What year.
Speaker 9: That part?
Speaker 13: I don't know right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's what I'm getting at. And if it was drafted in that year, were there ever any revisions or changes like in prices? Did you ever increase did they increase their price over the years?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, you you've paid the same thing for five years.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I have a book keeper.
Speaker 3: Huh huh? Is this your business?
Speaker 18: Yes, it's my business.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rose, why are you stopping?
Speaker 13: I'm just curious their service because they keep overcharging me. They also there was somebody somebody put a box in the dumpster and the lid wouldn't close all the way, so they charged me two hundred and fifty dollars. Wow, And then I bought that I got that money back because I'm like, dude, So I started locking up the dumpster. Then I got another two hundred and fifty extra dollars charge for the fireman's dumpster right next to us.
Speaker 4: Okay, enough said, Enough said Rose. I wouldn't use them.
Speaker 3: Rose.
Speaker 15: Does the contract they said, you have your signature on it? Or that's one of your employees?
Speaker 13: Said no, it can't be my signature because I never signed it.
Speaker 4: I'm not asking is there a signature? I got to watch these word games. Is there a signature on it?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 16: Okay, whose signature is it?
Speaker 8: Well, it looks like mine.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rose, you're going to have a problem. Okay, yeah, when does it renew.
Speaker 13: Well they told me it renewed and nobody.
Speaker 3: I'm asking, what does the contract say?
Speaker 7: I don't even know where.
Speaker 15: You want to email it over to me and I'll be happy to take a look at it for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, Okay, email it three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five? Gent? Is that his name? Gent? Hey?
Speaker 9: Gent?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 17: I got a call yesterday where my sister lives in Leighton, Utah. She was under the care of the home. They found her deceased in her home.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 17: So my question, sir, is to h if you have any resources to help us here. It's me and my younger brother.
Speaker 4: Okay, so your sister died in a nursing home in Utah.
Speaker 17: No, she was at her home, Oh, visiting healthcare nurse.
Speaker 3: I get it. Okay, I get it. And this is in Utah, Layton, Utah. And what do you need?
Speaker 17: I need some information resource specifically like the Linkist mortuary there is helping us to have her cremated. They're asking for certain vitals like social Security number. I don't know that, don't. We have no way of knowing how to find that going there and digging through her bath.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what you probably need to do. It's called many people have.
Speaker 3: What they call a drop dead list or hit by a bus list, and that list should have everything, you know.
Speaker 4: Not very few people do it, but they should. Yeah, let me give you some ideas. Hold on a second, all right, I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five waterpros dot net, waterpros dot net.
Speaker 3: Think about this.
Speaker 4: The best water systems, the lowest prices anywhere, And I mean it. You will never get this all whole house water softening and reverse Osmosi's drinking water about thirty one, not about it's thirty one ninety five fully assault three one and ninety five thous You can't touch that price from anyone. You're talking about twelve grand or more from plumbers. Just check them out.
Speaker 3: Three oh three eight six, two, five, five five four.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Marchino here, So you got some details on this the towing company tell you why it's towing on This comes from Channel nine KUSA nine News.
Speaker 4: Published November twelfth. So it's yesterday and it's under new management. Now there's no mention that the settlement forced them to sell, but.
Speaker 3: They illegally collected fees, did unlicensed towing and other unfair deceptive practices according to the state, and they've closed up. It looks like someone else has taken over.
Speaker 4: And the state says the new owner will be bound by the settlement agreement, which is a million dollars, and people will be getting checks if they were restitution checks if they were screwed by Wyatts, And I don't know. They must have a list of victims. And then Deputy d you found something, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I was reading the dever Post article about this that was published yesterday, and it mentions that the two guys from Wyatts Towing they now operate what looks to me like a private equity company called Firestone Freestone Companies in Free Greenwood Village. So I checked out their current list investments in their own looks like a towing company called a TOE and then Peak Auto Storage and Peak Atto Auctions, okay, and a few other companies.
Speaker 3: Do they own the new Wives or the Elite? It doesn't say elite.
Speaker 16: I haven't been able to figure. I haven't looked up Elite yet.
Speaker 15: But uh, but that's that's these guys went into private equity.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, if you want to text me, you can always text me anything you want at my private Google numbers seven four seven nine nine eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty or the short code that iHeart puts out for the text put Tom in there. It's five seven seven thirty nine. Back to the phones. And but but it sounds like, uh, yeah, they're in a world of hurts. Gent I found out some information.
Speaker 3: Thank you if you well, if you can get a death certificate. What I looked up was the death certificate and identification from you and anything you can show. I don't know what you would show to prove you're related to her, but Social Security, even the local office here can help you. You might want to call them and set up an appointment to see. But there's some other stuff they mentioned. How old was your sister by the.
Speaker 17: Way, let's see about sixty four.
Speaker 3: When did she retire or did she ever work?
Speaker 17: Oh she could always worked than wasn't retire.
Speaker 3: If you went to her last employer, they will have the records.
Speaker 17: Yeah, this understood, and.
Speaker 4: They're you know, if you called, If you call and say, hey, I'm the brother. Here's the death certificate. We need the number. They would give it to you most likely.
Speaker 17: Okay, So, and the death certificate is in the works through the good mortuary. But I guess really what I'm calling about is like I listen to you every day, Yes, sir, you give attorney references for things like how to get power of attorney and right, who could help us sell that house?
Speaker 4: And that's going to okay, utah, Right, here's the thing. You're going to have to engage a state attorney there.
Speaker 17: Oh, but or he or she will have to be there.
Speaker 4: But if I were you, you get prices up front, you pay by the hour.
Speaker 3: It should not be that complicated. Did she have a will? No?
Speaker 9: No, she married, no divorced?
Speaker 3: Does she how long has she been divorced?
Speaker 17: Oh like twenty years?
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's no claim on her house? Is the house paid for or does she rent?
Speaker 9: Don't know she owned it?
Speaker 17: And I don't know the financial.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're going to need someone to do all of that research. Was this sudden?
Speaker 17: Was this very like she's very active hiking, snow shoeing and had a she slipped on her stairs and was doing home health care and therapy after the operation on whatever the injury.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you talked to her.
Speaker 9: The day of the morning of the election.
Speaker 3: Do you want to try to get out of the Do you want to try to go out there? That's probably the best I mean, you have access.
Speaker 9: Putting together with my brother is for us to take a road trip and you know, put hands and on his own things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go through documents, you're going to find a lot of stuff you will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, but that's probably the best thing. Or contact one of the former employers. Are you now how did they How did the mortuary get your.
Speaker 3: Name and number?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, you should ask him, Well, you should ask him straight out. Ask him because if there's a document and it says you're the brother, then that's going to be good for you to gain access to the house and to her employment records and all of that.
Speaker 3: So ask him that and then let me know.
Speaker 17: The morning get called.
Speaker 9: It was a share of and he said he found my name and number and her phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's good. That's going to be good. So you might need them to help you get access to the house.
Speaker 3: Call us back and.
Speaker 4: Let us know what you need when you get out there, and we will ask our attorneys, but you need a license attorney there three all three seven one three eight.
Speaker 3: Two five five. Listen.
Speaker 4: We have a lot to talk about, and I want to talk about Denverregen dot com because they do a wonderful job. Denverregen dot com. They do hair restoration and I can say it really is working. I'm serious, it's really working. And uh, don't forget right now you want and I'll be telling you more about it eight eight eight Heating dot com for that deep clean for forty five bucks. But they also do high efficiency replacements. We'll talk about coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi you know here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We got room for calls. Anything on your mind. We have Brendan with us from Made in the Shade, Denver Shades dot Co. Seven to zero four five eight six, five sixty six quick thing for Brendan.
Speaker 3: And this is my question.
Speaker 4: They still do curtains because someone asks they they want drapes and what is the And I have no idea why they're asking this fire rating on drapes. First of all, do people still order soft goods drapes and curtains?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's me. It's a it's very very popular. Now we're we're My wife is in the middle of about six different projects right now. Wait, actual curtains. Absolutely, Okay. I thought there was a move away from that stuff now. I mean, so a lot of times people will will put the window treatment up and then they'll layer. Like in our house, we have we have automated drapery in our house and it's it's for like a layered effect. So we have solar screens on the windows so we can keep our view and knock down the glare. But when we want to watch a movie or we want it dark, we close the we close the drapery. So we have you know, all the options or whatever. It looks tremendous too, really Okay, So what about fire ratings. I don't know why they're asking. It would totally depend on the material, whether it's silk or you know, linen or wool or you know, whatever it is. They do have some that are some of the materials are are like eco friendly, they're made out of recyclable stuff. There's like ratings like that. But then you get into commercial settings. There are definitely curtains for fire rated that are completely fireproof.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by automated?
Speaker 6: You press the remote and they open or close? Okay, And if you don't have the remote, like on ours, you can actually walk up to the drape, just give it a slight tug and they'll close all the way or open yep or open okay.
Speaker 3: So that okay, So drapes are still in vogue. I did not. They're huge. Yeah, they're going off right now? Okay. Do the so window fashion comes and goes or not? It does? They always been steady.
Speaker 6: I think I think there was probably a time where they were a little you know, not quite as popular, but uh not really, They've been steady. Now, I would say colors and trends and you know, patterns and things like that are is what evolves, like everything else.
Speaker 3: What about plantation shutters? Very popular? We sell a ton of them, and you have those even battery operated right, motorized yep or motorize yep. Very cool. You got more coming up on the.
Speaker 4: Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Get your calls in now. You can call three oh three Martino as well three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six and we'll answer your questions, solve your problems, take your complaints whatever are mine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay sent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: Yeah you need so you.
Speaker 3: Don't have.
Speaker 12: Run anxious.
Speaker 2: As fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 9: Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. In the studio we have made in the shade. We have us some major Mark major and deputy doc that I see anyone else there's bow there somebody anyway. Uh, they're roaming around. You'll see them if you're streaming and uh, if not, download when you get a chance sometime. We love the show behind the show, and we also love our course radio audience as well.
Speaker 3: Give us a call you have a problem, question and complaint.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now we have a woman who called yesterday. She said I had a roof done. The main roof seems to be okay. Well we don't know that, but she thinks it's okay. But she saw some leaking underneath her patio roof, which is a metal roof. And also she took pictures and videos. It looks terrible. The amount of water coming down is outrageous. I mean, it should never bleed through like that, even without Decky should never do that. So we asked Henry Breath to take a look at the VIDs and the pit come up with an idea, and so let's bring them both up.
Speaker 3: Kathy, this is a bad job.
Speaker 4: You uh you know now, but this was this uh on April. This was done in April.
Speaker 19: Right, correct, April nineteenth is when they installed.
Speaker 4: It, that new metal roof section over your patio and then it started leaking right away and they can't fix it, and boy does it look terrible in the pictures. So Henry with Excel Roofing, this is our expert. They're not the ones who did it. Actually, it was.
Speaker 3: Done by I don't have the note here who was it.
Speaker 19: I'm up really quick. It was done.
Speaker 18: All just pulling them up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you don't remember their name.
Speaker 19: Reliable Roofing and Restoration.
Speaker 3: Okay, Reliable Roofing. Okay, so how'd you find them?
Speaker 19: By the way, they were number two on my suggested list from my insurance company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, that's crazy. What did your insurance say about that?
Speaker 19: By the way, you know, I this whole entire process sucks, like nobody would really talk to me about anything. My guy, my insurance claimer, he just kind.
Speaker 18: Of stopped responding.
Speaker 3: So I but hold on, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, that's crazy because your insurance company recommended them.
Speaker 3: So what do they say about that?
Speaker 19: They didn't say anything. They handed me the check and then that was it. I felt like, you know, once they gave me the check, they're like, okay, we're done with you. And I kind of had to figure everything out.
Speaker 3: If they were on a list.
Speaker 4: Listen, if they're a preferred roofer on a list, your insurance company is going to have some responsibility.
Speaker 3: What's the name of your insurance company, Travelers. That's a good company too. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you know what, but that's a separate issue. Let's talk to Henry Bretts with Excel Roofing. Henry, what did you think of that video?
Speaker 11: You know, I think the whole thing is just amazing, the work that was done, and just for all the listeners, it's a detached patio cover and so it's not super super structural, but it's an extension of the roof and it's another corrugated metal roof and correct me if I'm wrong, But it looks like it initially started leaking and then later it got this heavy snowstorm and it actually collapsed the whole patio covering.
Speaker 3: Yeah did it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Wow, that's collapsed. It just collapsed on the eighth on Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't realize that. Okay, okay, okay. So what do they say about it? I mean, really, what do they say about it? Are they saying, well, it's not our fault it collapse?
Speaker 4: In other words, how do we go back in time and say it was their fault?
Speaker 3: Henry?
Speaker 11: So, as far as the patio collapsing, it's really hard to tell without going out there. It depends how long that this has been up for. If this has been up for a long time and that water has been dripping back into the facier right there, it could cause some rotting and cause some structural damage. But I guess how long was this up for? Will you remind me?
Speaker 19: I mean it's been since April, so like since April nineteenth when they first installed it. We've had issues, you know, and then they reinstalled it May sixteenth, and that's when you saw the video where it was like just the water was just streaming down like that, crazy, and they haven't been able to fix it since because it they started blaming it on us, saying, oh, it's due to the structure. You know, we're going to have to try to find Yeah, but what.
Speaker 4: About the problems, hold on, what about the problems before it collapsed?
Speaker 19: They were I've just been waiting on them, you know, like they kind of just kept saying, Oh, we'll have someone come and take a look, and then someone came to look, and then they're like, oh, it's due to a structure issue. And then you know, they kept telling me they're gonna have to look for parts, but it's going to cost me money out of my pocket.
Speaker 9: And it's always twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: But all right, so what do we do about it?
Speaker 4: They're not I think they're not going to do anything now, and they have the perfect excuse.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they have the perfect I had told them that, hey, my roof collapsed, because you know, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: They're going to know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, obviously it collapsed. They're going to know, and they're not going to do anything about it because of it.
Speaker 12: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's too bad. I'm serious. I mean, what's that.
Speaker 11: I was just gonna say, it's really good that she has pictures, because otherwise there's not a lot here to stand on.
Speaker 3: Oh, you mean it's good because of the of the the picture she took.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and especially like something like this where maybe some leakage resulted in a failure like this, it's hard to go back and figure it out because if there was some water damage in there, if it was really draining heavy, it could have caused some structural damage causing this.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is they're not gonna do did they already tell you they're not doing anything?
Speaker 19: He just like the last message I had with it with him was hey, I can't find the parts, and then just I think maybe a day though, he sent me the final bill and that was it. So I hadn't responded to anything because I'm just you know, at lost. So I'm like, so as I supposed to just accept, you know, such a poorly job done and call.
Speaker 3: It a day. You know, well, what do you think? What would you do?
Speaker 17: Tom?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What would you do?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 11: I'm not sure how much money has been paid to the contractor.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 19: They haven't been Paul, I haven't gave them them, Like the depreaciation money.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how much you was holding on that?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 4: Did you are they are they broken out the patio and the house?
Speaker 3: Or is everything on one check?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 19: If I just give you the phone number. So like they gave me a you know, a check for ten k, and then after that they gave like the remaining the depreciation money was three thousand, and then there's my deductible as well, which.
Speaker 4: Is yeah, So how much totally did you get from insurance total?
Speaker 3: How much total?
Speaker 19: I got? Thirteen k?
Speaker 4: Okay, the thirteen thousand. How much have you pay to the roof for so far? Penn ca Okay, Henry. Can that roof be fixed for three grand?
Speaker 11: So before the collapse, I believe so somewhere in that range.
Speaker 3: Don't quote me on that.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of stuff that goes into a system like that. But after that collapse, it's gonna take you know, the full runs.
Speaker 4: But that collapses a new insurance. That collapses the new insurance claim and you will, by the way, probably be canceled after that. But that's a new insurance, it really isn't.
Speaker 11: I guess my question just really quick is you have some really bad damage to that main house right there from that porch coming down, is that currently just open?
Speaker 19: Like what do you mean? Oh, like as of right now, Yes, it is currently open.
Speaker 9: It's once it.
Speaker 19: Fell off then you know, I had to wait for insurance to come and take a look at it.
Speaker 11: All right, So closing that soft and face is really important because that's going to introduce a lot of water into your attic and we've got to make sure that that installation doesn't get water logged.
Speaker 4: Listen, I would tell them, now you're going to have to defend yourself because they're going to come after you. But I if it was my house, I'd say, listen, this roof even though it collapsed. Now, I'm not holding you responsible for that, and you can't.
Speaker 3: But here's what I would do.
Speaker 4: I would say that three grand is for the roof that should have been done to begin with, and it wasn't done. Except really, you're not out any money because you're going to do another.
Speaker 3: You're going to do another. You know, you got to decide what you want to do.
Speaker 4: But you can say, you know that however much it would have cost to fix the roof, you can withhold from them. If it was me, I would do that. I'm not telling you to do it. So let's say it would take two thousand to fix it. I would give them a thousand, Sam withholding, two thousand because before the collapse of this roof, or actually, you don't even have to tell them about it, if you say, because two thousand dollars is what it would cost to fix your job, and then put in a claim for the the collapse.
Speaker 3: But man, that's gonna be rough.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be I mean, they do have to pay the snow came and a collapse your patio, but I believe that's a separate insurance claim.
Speaker 3: That's how I would handle it. So I'm sorry, but you know that's the best.
Speaker 4: I mean, we we got, we got an expert to look at it, and I think Henry how much to repair it?
Speaker 3: If it was standing.
Speaker 11: To redo that section, it'd probably be around two thousand dollars dollars?
Speaker 3: All right? Well two to three? Is it? Is it the three shows? Or is it two? I mean, does she make a gesture and Sam withholding.
Speaker 16: Because it got the kind of a ballpark.
Speaker 9: Tom.
Speaker 11: It's kind of hard to say without really getting out there and dissecting it, but I would withhold that money from the contractor if I were you, just it's something that you can hold on to and hopefully they'll go out there and take care of it. And if if you're not getting good service from them, we are more than happy to go out there and rebuild that roof for you. The patios a little beyond us, Tom, I.
Speaker 15: Was just looking at I was just looking at Travel's website and it says that if you use their network repair network, Travelers.
Speaker 16: Yeah, she has Travelers right.
Speaker 15: If you use their repair network, then your repairs are backed by a workmanship warranty for up to five years.
Speaker 16: So she might have to she might.
Speaker 4: Why don't they call Travelers and say, look, you recommended them, I used them, and guess what you owe me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Quote their website.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, Troy, what is your comment on this? Troy called in on this. Go ahead, Troy.
Speaker 14: Hey, Tom, I just want to shout out to excel. I had them come out and do a roof for me a little bit over two years ago, not too long after the roof was done, had some leaking around some areas that didn't get caught.
Speaker 3: Sure, quite right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they came out, they repaired the drywall, they painted, and then just about a month ago, a month or two.
Speaker 9: Ago, started.
Speaker 14: Getting leaking in the same spot again.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they it.
Speaker 14: Was outside of their two year warranty. They came out fix up the cock again, but then they came back in and redid the drywall repair.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 14: These guys, guys are just beyond awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for that. By the way, I appreciate that. Thank you. So listen, we got to take a break.
Speaker 4: Henry Brett's that's excel roofing dot com as an excellent EXE L three L three seven six. Coming up, we're gonna have a question on a prenup. Haven't had those in a while? Well, and uh uh say tuned for that. And then I want to tell you about one other thing that I think is very important, and that is renew Home Innovations and their shower conversions. They're beautiful and they have seventy two months to pay with no interest. They get it done in two or three days. Stone walls, glass panels, no doors, no thresholds to stumble over. You can get perimeter drains, grab bar soap disious custom May three oh three nine zero four two thousand, three oh three nine zero four two thousand renew Home Innovations.
Speaker 3: Dot go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Aligned. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. Let's talk to uh wait a minute, Oh wait, Henry has a question for me. Let me go to him. Henry. What happened man? What happened to your dump truck was damaged?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 18: Tom?
Speaker 9: So I was.
Speaker 11: I was driving to work this morning on oh two eighty five, and there's there's some of those those mines you know, up in the mountains, and one of these dump trucks dropped like a three or four inch rock and it bounced on the road.
Speaker 9: And flew up and came flying through my sun roof.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I pulled over.
Speaker 11: I uh, I paralleled this guy for a little while with my hazards on and I got him to.
Speaker 9: Pull over and I got his heat.
Speaker 3: They're responsible. Was that load covered?
Speaker 11: So it did have a tarp on it on the top when those.
Speaker 9: Rollout tarps, But it sent a rock in my car.
Speaker 11: And they're they're denying full responsibility.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait when you pulled them over, what do you mean he's denying it.
Speaker 11: He's just saying it's it's not our fault. We're not responsible, and many.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Okay, what if they put a sign on the truck saying we're not responsible for punching you in the face. I mean, it doesn't matter what sign they have. I mean, come on, were you tailgating?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I was just passing him on the left.
Speaker 16: Do you have a dash cam?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 20: The whole thing is on dashcam.
Speaker 3: Oh, excellent, perfect. Okay. What's the name of the company.
Speaker 8: It is id J Trucking.
Speaker 20: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna they're gonna lose.
Speaker 4: They're gonna lose, man, I mean, get a get an estimate. Did you call their insurance?
Speaker 11: I did, and uh, they told me the insurance they haven't processed to claim yet, but they did say that any rocks kicked up or not their fault. And so it sounds that that's what they're leaning on.
Speaker 3: It wasn't kicked up. It came off the truck.
Speaker 4: Yes, And how can they say they're not responsible?
Speaker 3: Of course they are in every case I've seen. They're responsible for their load period.
Speaker 12: Henry.
Speaker 15: In your video, can you see if the if the rock came out of their payload or was it trapped inside the duley's of their rear wheels.
Speaker 3: That would make a difference.
Speaker 11: Well that that's where it's a little harder to see. But you can certainly see that the rock bounce. And I mean there's not a lot of big rocks on the road. How big so you, like I said, probably three or.
Speaker 3: Four inches it.
Speaker 16: Size?
Speaker 3: Did it come that it didn't come through it just hit it? Right?
Speaker 11: No, it came through it.
Speaker 3: You have the rock, You have the rock?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Well guess what, man, take pictures of that sucker. If they were hauling that rock, how are they going to say it came up off the man, these guys.
Speaker 3: Are all wet. Is their insurance? Did you tell their insurance you have the rock and they were hauling that rock.
Speaker 20: No, I haven't mentioned that to the insurance yet.
Speaker 4: I just well, you should, you should, and you should send them a picture.
Speaker 3: Be right open with them. Listen, Henry. Here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: The insurance can't process a claim unless the insured puts it in.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've done that, And if they don't want.
Speaker 4: To cooperate, then they won't and then you still have to go after them in small claims court. I mean, unless you think it's going to be more than seventy five hundred, what do you.
Speaker 3: Think it could be?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it just listen?
Speaker 4: Is it just your sunroof? Did it come just through the sunroof? Or did it come through did it do more damage?
Speaker 11: So it came just through the sunroof, but there's a bunch of components to that. You know, there's a shade in the glass and all the.
Speaker 3: Holy crap. That's sad.
Speaker 4: No, I would say, I don't see how they get around it. Did you call the company itself? Did you call the company not just the driver you talked to? Did you Call the company.
Speaker 11: I have not called the company yet.
Speaker 4: Call the company, and here's what you tell them. Here's what you tell them. Not only did it come through my roof, I have the stone. I have the stone that came through. I have the rock in the video. Yeah, and the and the dash video. Now I'm going to take this to court or you can just pay it all right, just be straight with them, call us back and let us know this is wrong. This is wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean, if they have a load, they're responsible for the load.
Speaker 4: Three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I know everyone listening would wouldn't stand for that. Now, Matt's got a question on a prenup. Matt, go ahead, Matt.
Speaker 12: Tom Uh.
Speaker 8: My question is this. I own a property with a friend of mine. We call it Duck Camp up in North Dakota.
Speaker 17: We each own half of it.
Speaker 8: It's own, free and clear, and he is getting remarried and he is not going to get a prenup.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you care?
Speaker 8: Well, my question is, uh, my half of it that I own, of that problem?
Speaker 3: How do you guys own it together? Do you have an LLC.
Speaker 17: Tennants tennants in common.
Speaker 9: Okay, beans in common.
Speaker 3: I know, I understand, and you have no agreement.
Speaker 8: Whatsoever, not for him, ANALYSI just privately, I get it.
Speaker 3: But what But here's what I need to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, I need to know something first. The tenants in common this property? Is it paid for?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: And what is it worth?
Speaker 17: About one hundred and fifty?
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead now with your story. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: So my question is when he gets remarried, if he does not get a pre nominee and then gets divorced, can she come after my half ownership of that? Or just is that ownership of that?
Speaker 4: Okay, tenants in common, you each own a portion of it, so.
Speaker 3: They can own what's that.
Speaker 17: Fifty fifty?
Speaker 3: And where does it say that.
Speaker 8: I'd have to go back and look.
Speaker 9: I have to looked at a one. I'd have to look at it.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no right of survivorship. Each owner can sell their own portion. But I got bad news for you. If it's not spelled out fifty to fifty, she could.
Speaker 3: Claim he owed more, he owned more.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying they would, but it's not automatically fifty to.
Speaker 3: Fifty, Okay, So then it's assumed to.
Speaker 4: Be it's assumed to be fifty to fifty if it's not written otherwise. But you should at least get it clarified with him first in writing right. But she can't come after your half. He could sell his half right now if he wanted to. You would have nothing to say about it. In the absence of a partnership agreement, which by the way, you should have. In the absence of it, he can do whatever he wants with his half. In fact, if there's a tax clean against him, they can come after his half.
Speaker 12: So I guess.
Speaker 8: Look, he's been a friend of mine for thirty five years and we progress hunting camp up there.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 8: So my question is what are the steps that I should do to codify this, to make sure that it's clear such that something should happen that everything just this, this, this, here's.
Speaker 3: What you do, what you get hold on. What you can't do is do a right of survivorship. You can't do that now unless you quit claim it. You guys could quit claim it from the two of you to the two of you and and and quit claim it as tenants in common to join tenancy. Then you each would.
Speaker 4: Have rights of survivorship. But then she could come after the whole thing if there's ever a problem. So what you may want to do is keep it the way it is and have a partnership agreement saying that he can't sell it or transfer it without your permission, and you can't do it without his permission. Get an attorney to write a partnership agreement. I mean that's all you can do, okay, I mean, you know, listen, here's the deal right now.
Speaker 3: The way it is.
Speaker 4: He can sell it to anyone he wants, and you can sell yours to anyone you want. Because your tenants in common, yeah, you both own. Oh, and you should spell out what you own. So I would do a partnership agreement saying we each own fifty percent and no one can do anything with their fifty percent without the express approval of the other. And then that still doesn't protect you from his wife. His wife can go after his half, but at least it's his half, and she can't claim he own sixty or seventy percent.
Speaker 17: Right, all right?
Speaker 3: So anyway, how much how much land? How much land is it up there? I'm just curious.
Speaker 8: Uh, we only own an acre and a half, but we know, I mean the reason that it's up there is because we have access to probably fifteen thousand acres of land that we can haunt through the farmers that we know.
Speaker 4: Wow, hey, listen, is he willing to sign that for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he'd do it.
Speaker 4: Good, get it done, Get it done before he gets married. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for a nature check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one three Talk three all three seven one three eight two five five Taylor, what's going on with you?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 21: Tom?
Speaker 20: I'm just having an issue with uh A raid on mitigation system.
Speaker 3: And now, okay, so it's a. It's not a detector, it's a mitigation system.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man? Uh?
Speaker 20: So we we bought the house. Uh and on our final walkthrough, part of so part of the issue was the radon tested high. So that needed mitigation system.
Speaker 3: When did you buy the house?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 20: We close October thirtieth.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is recent then.
Speaker 4: So so you you closed on the on a on a house and it's a used.
Speaker 3: Home, right, yes, it is a used home.
Speaker 4: Okay, so October and then it had already a system or you insisted on a system.
Speaker 20: So h part of the inspection the radon tested high. So the seller agreed to install a mitigation system.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: By the way, in the future, and I want those I want to put this out there right now, in the future, people listening. If there's ever any things you want done on the.
Speaker 3: Home, don't ever, but don't ever have the seller do it ever. Ever.
Speaker 4: Ever. I'm not saying it won't be done, right, I'm saying you you you get a bid, you make an allowance in the price, and that's or you simply eat it. But having a homeowner or a seller do it will never guarantee.
Speaker 3: Ever, the best job. Keep going.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I think we're learning that lesson. So so they hired their own they hired their own installer to install the system. And then upon our final walkthrough, we saw where it was placed, and it's placed and just a I would say, an unacceptable location for us.
Speaker 3: So what does you mean?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 14: So we.
Speaker 20: It's in a bedroom, which I'm fine with.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean in a bedroom? What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about an air handler in the bedroom?
Speaker 20: H the I guess I don't know what kind of system, but it's a it's a rate mitigation system.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you what a rate on mitigation system is. It's an exhaust fan with ducting. That's all it does. It just basically exhausts air.
Speaker 9: Gotcha.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's what's installed in the bedroom of one of our basement rooms.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, hold on, you didn't mention that that's exactly where it should be in the basement. Was there any other place it could have been?
Speaker 20: Well, they did do a walk through with us after the fact, and it does seem like that's the best room for it to be placed.
Speaker 3: Okay, then what's the problem.
Speaker 20: So it's placed like kind of outside of if it was over two and a half feet in the closet. It would be a much better spot to play.
Speaker 3: May I ask you why you closed?
Speaker 14: I guess.
Speaker 20: I mean we just we just closed on the house and.
Speaker 3: You accepted what was that? You accepted it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what are you calling about now? Well?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is it not working? Yeah? It's Taylor. Listen, man, let me explain something to you, bro. I mean this.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I need to tell you this. You accepted it when you closed, unless unless it was misrepresented to you. Now that doesn't mean where they put it. You could clearly see that. But let's say it's not adequate or as Mark asked, did it does it work? See, that's the different story. It has to be adequate for what they promised.
Speaker 3: But the plate? Are you complaining about the placement of it? Right now?
Speaker 20: I am? That's that's the issue we have with it is the placement of it.
Speaker 4: The problem is that should have been complained about before you closed, right Yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I don't necessarily think so. The seller the sellers were when they they were told that this was the best and only place that it could be placed, and by it by the rate on mitigation system even though they protested the placement. Okay, So so that's that's kind of the crux of the issue.
Speaker 3: Is what's the crux of the issue.
Speaker 20: They protested the placement of but they accepted it, they accepted they did ultimately accept and pay.
Speaker 4: For it, and you accepted it. So here's what I'm asking again, I'm not trying.
Speaker 3: To trick you. What No, Yeah, what are you hoping you can do get them to move it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: And how much would it be to move it? Can't be that crazy.
Speaker 20: They quoted us eight hundred dollars to move it at our last communication.
Speaker 3: Well, that's going to be the cheapest eight hundred bucks you ever spend.
Speaker 12: Okay, I mean seriously, suggestion.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, bo Taylor.
Speaker 22: What you might do is go buy a radar test kit and test this new system and if it's not doing a job, you could go back to this cellar.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm sure it's working. Hey, why don't you like.
Speaker 3: It where it is?
Speaker 4: Anyhow, we got to take this break hold on. Just hang on, Taylor, don't hang up. We got more coming right up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent till you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Tailor listen bottom line real quick. Okay, if your system is not working properly, as both suggests, that might be something you can fight them about. But I'm going to tell you something if eight so first make sure it's working.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: If it is working, eight hundred dollars is your cheapest course to move it because it's I don't see where you're going to ever, uh fight this. You accepted it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so first find out if it's working. That was a good suggestion because if you have if.
Speaker 4: You have an agreement, they were going to install a mitigation and they didn't.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: EVA has a problem with a trash service is this? This is uh what's the main issue? Even, we'll get working.
Speaker 23: On it, Tom, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, what is the main issue so we don't run out of time?
Speaker 3: What's the main issue?
Speaker 23: Okay, the main issue. I got a postcard today from the city saying that I need to register with them for my rental in town. Now, we just had in.
Speaker 3: A m What does this have to do with trash service?
Speaker 23: What I just mentioned to her, She mentioned it to you first. The second thing is that they did the same thing with track day took over everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and they're charging.
Speaker 23: Me for not having trash service in town, the.
Speaker 16: Nice Fort Collins.
Speaker 4: Just hold on a second. We'll come right I know what you're I know what you're talking about. Hold on, we'll come right back to you. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, you don't happen.
Speaker 11: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help Come.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, to answer questions, take complaints, to make your life just a little easier. And we're trying to, uh, trying to help you with anything on your mind. Brendan is with us from Maide in the shade. I don't know if he got up or not, Mark or if he's still there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he'll be actes second.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have some texts for him, so let me know. And uh, meanwhile, Eva says, uh, she's got a problem.
Speaker 3: She got a postcard from the city. What city is this, Eva? Eva? What city is this? Is she still there?
Speaker 12: Collar?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right now, Deputy d Why did you know it was Fort Collins?
Speaker 3: What? Oh? I'm sure you said, I'm sorry, Deputy d Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 16: You may recall that.
Speaker 15: A few weeks ago, we got a similar call from someone in Fort Collins who's being charged for trash services they're not using. So I looked it up at City of Fort Collins website and they say that if.
Speaker 3: It's a penalty, it's a penalty, it's.
Speaker 15: An opt out fee or something like that. But yeah, you have to pay them not to use their trash service.
Speaker 10: They twitched over to the municipality running the trash that's right, and therefore, if you don't use it, you have to pay an opting out fee. Yeah, they screw you, but it's totally legal. Yep, sure is.
Speaker 3: Are you there? Yes?
Speaker 23: I am. And now I get a postcard saying I need to register my rental properties with the city.
Speaker 4: All that has that's a totally that's a totally separate issue. More and more cities are doing more and more cities are doing that with land.
Speaker 10: Denver makes you get a license?
Speaker 23: Yeah, well, I don't like the interference. My tenants are having a hard time paying the rent that I used to charge them.
Speaker 10: None of this matters, So I feel for you.
Speaker 3: I think it sucks, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Eva, I agree with you, But well, I don't know how you get that socialistic. They just want you to.
Speaker 3: Register control they want, No.
Speaker 4: They're actually okay, look at I'm not going to stick up for the government. I don't like it either, but I'm saying this. They just want you to register. How are they taking control?
Speaker 23: If you have to pay to register, then it's like being in an hoa. Then they're gonna take control over how what color your house is?
Speaker 3: No, they're not, Eva, Eva Eva? Eva?
Speaker 4: Did they say in that postcard they're going to control the color of your house and and enforce covenants?
Speaker 14: Come on, I.
Speaker 10: Don't saying it's the beginning. Hey, you know what, she does have a point when it comes to it. Forget about what she's talking about now in the landlord situation. But with the trash they did, they literally took control of everybody's trash.
Speaker 3: They did. But I don't think just un listen, after.
Speaker 23: The citizens voted against the city taking over the trash, and they did it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well, now you can get rid of the city council.
Speaker 8: I would like to now, Eva.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I don't like a lot of government control either. And and but I will say this.
Speaker 10: Okay, here's what you're trying to do in Fort Collins. This is pretty amazing. The Housing Strategic Plan identifies rental registration and landlord and Senate has two important strategies for meeting the goal that everyone has healthy, stable housing they can afford. City Council implemented annual rental registration and created the Rental Housing Program too open communication between the city rental property owners, and strengthen landlord intent in education and outreach.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's exactly what's going top. No, here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: When they hear from renters, they're going to go They're going to make sure that landlords have minimum standards. Now, Eva, to be fair, I don't think it's going to be the color of your house, or the style or anything, but I think it will that denver does that. Now, they might tell.
Speaker 3: You Eva, by the way, Eva, you need to do this, or you need to have a better egress window, or you better have better locks on the door, or you better make sure your heat's working. I'll bet you you're right about that.
Speaker 10: Well, they're reading everything it needs to know.
Speaker 3: I'm serious. I don't I don't blame you for being upset.
Speaker 4: But but let's just ask, Okay, what do you think Mark about in general landlords having some standards.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, I'll tell you a couple of things. It depends if the tenant's pain, that would be the first thing.
Speaker 3: In other words, it should be both fair for both the tenant and the landlord.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it should be. But I mean, yeah, I'm reading everything here. I don't see anything that's crazy that comes out, like what color your house can be? You know, there is some some things like every bathroom and toilet room must have an openable window to the exterior.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking of our old house. Are you serious?
Speaker 4: They really are dictating that you have a window that opens in your bathroom says ventilation.
Speaker 10: Wow, every bathroom and toilet room must have an openable window to the exterior or have an exhaust vanducted to the exterior.
Speaker 3: Oh, so that they care about stink.
Speaker 10: Basically, every clothes dryer must be exhausted to the exterior through independent ducks. Okay, Dwelling must be a ranged of privacy from the GM.
Speaker 3: You may not want to be a landlord.
Speaker 10: What the hell does this mean? Dwelling units must be arranged to provide privacy from adjoining spaces.
Speaker 4: Well, what it means is, if you're renting out a place like a duplex, or if you're renting out the basement or something, you need to have pride.
Speaker 10: Every bedroom must have access to at least one water closet and laboratory without passing through another bedroom. So I guess, holy crap. Space they were used for food preparation. So you know what they're gonna do. Here's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: They're gonna drive a lot of landlords out of the business, and they're going to make rents more expensive.
Speaker 10: Rat space is used for food preparation must contain suitable space and equipment to store, prepare, serve food in a sanitary manner. That is about as open ended as I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Do you know what they're doing? You know what this is for the students? This is for Collins right, Yeah, I'll bet you it's because of the college students.
Speaker 10: Toilet rooms and bathrooms must provide privacy. Well, I mean most of the dorm rooms that.
Speaker 4: I know what it is, Mark, I'll bet you that a lot of students they feel are being taken advantage of what do you think.
Speaker 10: I don't know, man, but it's Antia just for students.
Speaker 3: No, I I get it, Antoine. What's going it is? It is a good It is a good point. Government's getting involved.
Speaker 4: Listen, the move was until recently, the move was, let's do everything we can to get involved in people's lives and make them do what we want.
Speaker 3: Antoine, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: I was falling my dream right now? So I'm in the process of right now rent my house ladist Sunny agreement with the new renters.
Speaker 3: And what is your question? And one so you're gonna be You're gonna be a landlord? Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You guys just spoil everything. So h so uh rush. So what's happening is I'm buying a house from a friend that's flips some rent flip, some sales housing. So the house the beginning and he did a total remodel on it. But when he bought the house, I had a partially finished basement that was recorded to the regional office. But he finished the basement without a permit. So basically, right now he's telling me a house cheaper than what his worth, and he's my My agent is asking him to pull the permit, and he's telling.
Speaker 4: Me, well, okaye, one, let's let's let's let's break this down, antwine, let's take this down real quick.
Speaker 3: You're buying this place, are you there?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: From a friend, Yes, okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: The basementrantwan, do you want if you want answers, I don't need stories right now.
Speaker 3: I just want to get to the facts. Then we'll get to the story.
Speaker 4: So you're buying a place the basement has been redone, but it was redone without a permit.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? And what do you want?
Speaker 4: You want him to go back and retroactively pull that permit.
Speaker 5: Well, my agent wants to put that in the underwrite and that he's going to pull the permit and make sure the house is permitted so we can have it on file before I purchased the house.
Speaker 3: Why, okay? Now, how long ago was the basement refinished?
Speaker 9: A year ago?
Speaker 3: Did he do any kind of plumbing an electrical down there?
Speaker 5: No, it was it was already partially finished, like the framing, electrical And all he did was just do the drawball, the carpet and the bathroom.
Speaker 4: That doesn't really well wait, wait, what did he do in the bathroom he placed. Some of that does not need some of that does not need to permit. As a homeowner, he wouldn't. But but some of it I don't. For the drywall and all that stuff, I don't think needed to permit.
Speaker 3: But I do think.
Speaker 10: But even if it did not, why does it even matter, because don't you want to Did you say you wanted to rent it out?
Speaker 5: No, I'm buying it to live in, and I'm my current residence. I'm written out.
Speaker 17: I already got it.
Speaker 5: I got it to move out and move in that house over there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Antoine, what mark is asked and it goes permits after the fact. Okay, the fact that you have something that's not permitted is not the end of the world.
Speaker 10: No, But Tom, what I'm not understanding. It's not him who cares. It's his agent that cares. I would tell my agent shut up, well, Antoine, do you care?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 5: The thing is when we call the regional building, they say that if they have to come out permit it, that in order to do me inspation, they're gonna have to cut into the drywall, just to make sure that the walls are floating or they're electrical or the plumbing and anti.
Speaker 9: So they're going, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: They they don't want that's that's actually a good inspector. If they want to do that, that's actually what they technically should do. What Mark is saying is if you had, let's say a home inspector, or you had someone who could just give.
Speaker 3: It the eyeball, what would you care. You're not going to get in trouble for buying it that way. And if your lender doesn't know and doesn't care, it's not something it could technically come back to haunt you in the future because you would have to answer, Oh, actually you wouldn't if you said, they ask a question, have you done any improvements without that required to permit? And did not get a permit? But you did not do that the previous owner did. It's really a technicality more than anything. I'm not saying to buy it without a permit or without inspections, but it's not going to get you in trouble. Okay, It's really up to.
Speaker 9: What you would think is right.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna like to have the whole house had been begun, but he didn't put a permit in the basement, and you know, like you said for the future, to say and lay it on the future, we have to we're going to sell the house with sudden that issue is going to come up.
Speaker 3: You know it's not going to come up. Okay.
Speaker 4: The only way it would come up is if you're the one that did it, because you're the Listen, they only ask has any improvements been done without a permit? That they mean any did you do any improvements without a permit? Look at here's the thing, Antoine, your real estate broker is a good person trying to protect you, but it's not absolutely mandatory.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I think permits are a good idea, but many times they're more bureaucracy than anything. But if this sounds like these inspectors want to make sure it's being done correctly, I don't think there's anything really wrong with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's really up to you. If you get a good.
Speaker 4: Home specter and you're satisfied with the job, go ahead and buy the damn thing.
Speaker 3: I don't see what harm it would do.
Speaker 4: I've brought things before where things have been done without a permit.
Speaker 3: I have, have you mark?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, yes, are you kidding me? I've done things without a permit.
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen. By the way, frankdorandareal estate Man dot com. He's one that would probably care and want to consult you, but he wouldn't make you do it. And speaking of Frank, by the way, if you're looking to sell your house and you want to know what it will sell for in today's market based on all the elements, he'll give you a free valuation and there's no obligation. Three zero three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five what's on your mind? And how can we help you? We have an insurance. Well, let's see a life insurance question from Larry. Larry, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hi Tom, Hey, it happening.
Speaker 21: Mom passed away ten years ago or so. She has a couple of life insurance policies on me and my nephew, and she never put a beneficiary on either one of them. I'm executor of the Whale and I called Western Southern Life about this years ago and they said, oh, all you need to do you need to run down the courthouse. You need to get a court order to do this and do that. Of course, I went down there, and I knew they'd laughed at me, but I ran it by them and they said, no, we don't give out court orders like candy bars.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, Larry Larry. I'm a little confused, Larry.
Speaker 4: So, your mom bought these life insurance policies for you and your brother, me and my nephew.
Speaker 3: You and your nephew. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Then, when she bought them, did she pay in full for the premiums?
Speaker 3: Or were you paying the premiums?
Speaker 21: No, That's what I'm getting at. She paid twenty five dollars a month premiums on both bills forever, and then she passed away and I didn't bother to pay the bills because I went round and round with them and couldn't get well.
Speaker 4: Okay, then most likely those policies lapsed.
Speaker 21: Well, they keep sending bills in the mail after all these years?
Speaker 4: Are they sending bills for retroactive premiums?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 21: It just says, hey, you need to need to pay your bill. You know you need to be more vigilant paying your bills.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now let me get this straight.
Speaker 4: How long up to the time she passed away ten years ago, how long had she been paying I.
Speaker 8: Don't have a clear well, at least ten years, okay.
Speaker 3: If she was paying ten years at twenty five bucks a month, okay, I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: If there's a cash value, and there's probably not. In fact, I don't think there's anything there, and I think there's saying at most she paid if she paid ten years twenty five dollars a month, she paid three grand. That barely covers the cost of insurance.
Speaker 3: Are you sure it was whole life or was it term?
Speaker 21: I think it's term.
Speaker 4: Well, then you don't have anything the term insurance is simply insurance. When you pay, and when you don't pay, you don't have it. There's no cash value. It's the cheapest form of life insurance. What are you trying to accomplish?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 21: No, I really don't have a clue. But yeah, I figured I was.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you what you're trying to accomplish, Larry, basically, not something.
Speaker 21: I was just going to run it by you and see.
Speaker 4: Okay, But what I mean is this, Were you thinking there might be were you thinking there might be cash value?
Speaker 21: I didn't have a clue.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the face amount is of the life insurance?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 3: No, do you When they send a bill? Is there apology?
Speaker 8: Nothing?
Speaker 21: Because I'm not My name's not on the policy.
Speaker 9: They won't tell me nothing.
Speaker 3: But when the bill comes is in your mom's name?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, Larry, really, to be honest with you, at twenty five bucks a month, it had to have been some kind of term insurance, which means there's no cash value. There's really nothing there.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 21: Whatever.
Speaker 3: How old are you right now? How old are you right now? Sixty five? Okay? Anyway, what did you want to ask another question?
Speaker 21: Yes, sir, hey, I took my car to the local auto mechanic shop to have my brakes fixed due to a spongy brake pedal, but a master cylinder on it, and it did nothing to fix the problem. Uh oh, So they ordered a brake booster and it came in. It was the wrong one the ordered. Now, the one that came in, it was wrong one. So I took him and used one they put on it and it seemed to work fine. But of course they charged me for both.
Speaker 9: Is there any wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, they charged you for a booster they never bought.
Speaker 10: Well, no, he's saying, they charged him for the master cylinder and the booster they he brought in to install it.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Was it just the installation for that spongy pedal, I mean for that booster?
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like the idea that they replace your master cylinder and it did not fix it. However, it's going to be impossible to go back and say you didn't need it. You may have needed both, true.
Speaker 21: I was just wondering if there's any unwritten rules about putting parts on your car. That oops, we goofed. We didn't need to.
Speaker 3: Put this on. Yeah. Actually, there's no one written rules. But here's the rule.
Speaker 4: Okay, if in fact they do something you didn't need, then you shouldn't be charged for it. I mean, I mean, it's not unwritten. It's been decided plenty of times in court. If you get something you did not need and they sold it to you, you shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: To pay for it.
Speaker 4: However, you would have to be the one to prove you didn't need it, and the only way to do that is to get the old part and have it tested and say, wait a minute, I never needed this to begin with.
Speaker 3: So do you have the old part?
Speaker 21: Meganty, they bought the cart and used it as a core.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, how old was the car?
Speaker 21: Oh it's an old ninety model. I'm not trying to get anything out of this. I was just wondering.
Speaker 4: I think the short answer is they can't just go ahead and put parts on you don't need. You would be able to do something about it, you really would.
Speaker 3: Now. Mark has an insurance question as well.
Speaker 10: Mark, hold on, just going back to that real quick. I'm pretty sure a faulty Breakemaster cylinder can cause issues with the break booster. For example, if it's leaking into it, so I wouldn't be so sure that it didn't need both.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's very good, Very good. Mark. What about you? You have an insurance question.
Speaker 18: Yester, you were talking about this subject last week that I couldn't stay on long enough to listen to the details. How many claims with your insurance company before they drop you. We've had one this year for damage hailed damage on the vehicle, and there's damage to our roof when all of our neighborhood got hit and got loose replacements this summer.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're not two separate if they're from the same event, they're not two separate claims.
Speaker 10: Well, it's two separate insurance policies for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, hold on, they might be two separate. I'm assuming you have the same company.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: If you had the same insurance company and you had a hail claim on your house and on your car, that's one claim for each.
Speaker 3: It's not two claims. Now. If you have two claims within a six month period or a year, it depends on the company, they probably won't renew you. If you have three claims within two years.
Speaker 10: They won't renew you, or maybe even maybe even more than that, maybe even in five years. If you had two claims.
Speaker 3: You think they would go out five years.
Speaker 10: I think you're getting really crazy, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is no there is no hard and fast rule. By the way, it's whatever they want to do. Yeah, exactly, I got to take this break three oh three, seven to one to three talk seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here and now I want to thank that many people, dozens and dozens of people who've responded to me. With Wave eight Wealth Management, we reviewed your you know, we review your portfolios free of charge and give you a review. Let you know what fees you're paying to wear. We have found a lot of hidden fees. We found a lot of overhead fees. And if you want a review of your investment portfolio with absolutely no obligation, there's no hard sell here. You will find in most cases you're part of turnkey asset management programs, which means your so called advisor is just placing your money somewhere else and not really doing much. If you want to save some money and if if you want to have someone who puts their money where their mouth is, I have one hundred percent of my money with my company and.
Speaker 3: Uh we will review you free of charge.
Speaker 4: That's my pledge to you for your asset management your investment portfolio.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not saying there are a lot.
Speaker 4: Of bad people out there, but there are better ways to do it. And that's the reason I started this company. Wave eight the number eight Capital dot com. Waveeightcapital dot Com or give us a call three O three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven.
Speaker 3: All you have to say is no, you.
Speaker 4: You love what you're doing, but at least have someone look at it for you, someone who does not pass it along to someone up the line and becomes your middleman three O three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven. I take that very very seriously. Waveeightcapital dot com. Brendan is with us from Made in the Shade.
Speaker 3: I have a question here on text about battery operated or solar When someone goes electric do they have to do a lot of wiring? Are the batteries local to the shades or the solar panels? How does that work?
Speaker 12: Brandon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a lot of the products that we sell.
Speaker 6: The battery is the rechargeable motor and it's in the tube itself, so you don't see it at all.
Speaker 3: It's in the head rail tube. How long do they last?
Speaker 6: Oh, depending on how often you use it, Like ours in our house, we haven't charged them in over a year and we use them every.
Speaker 3: Multiple times a day.
Speaker 6: It's about a year and a half eat and it's really it's like plugging in a cell phone, like for about four to six hours and then you're good for another year and a half.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 6: So so it's like your bell door bell, Yeah exactly. Yeah, it's a long time and then it's a lot longer. I want to add a solar panel, obviously it needs to be on the side of the house that gets some decent sun, but that can actually double it. So we have people that didn't even know they had to charge it because it's been over three years with a solar panel. The solar panel keeps it topped off in trickle. Now like every three three and a half years, you might have to put a full charge on it and then you're good for another three years.
Speaker 4: And someone asked this if they have a home being built, mm hmm. In fact, it's right down the street from me and they.
Speaker 3: Heard me talking about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they want to know is there something they can do while it's being built that would make it really a breeze for powered shades or shutters.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's the time to do it, after framing, before dry wall. Hundred but they do a D Is it a DC system? Certainly not. They're not running AC are they. It's it's like it's low vault wiring.
Speaker 6: So you would just run it to each window that you wanted to motorise, and then you just pigtail it out in the upper left or right corner of the window frame and then it goes into.
Speaker 3: A DC transform. All go back to one.
Speaker 6: The key is the closer, you can get it to your actual house panel. Yeah, that you want to home run all those dead ends to that spot and then just leave it there. And then we get whatever product, whether it's Hunter, Douglas or Alta or Norman whoever, we get the the the it's like a converter box. Just say it like it transforming. You guys take care of that. Yeah we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have electrician that we work with that.
Speaker 6: So we connect all the window shades to each of the pigtail and get it going. Our electrician will come in and he'll connect that box up and then the box to the actual panel.
Speaker 3: On a break now, speaking speaking of such, the same neighbors said they, you know, because this is a golf course, and they said that they were considering these hard rolling shutters and then they heard you talking about there's a saw product that can still protect your window.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we do outdoor roller We do awnings and outdoor roller shades, and they.
Speaker 4: So an outdoor roller shade even though it's not hard, it's not one of these you know, these a decorative aluminum rollers.
Speaker 3: Right, you can still protect your window.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, so if you had to say out on your patio like kind of purglar or something you wanted that for.
Speaker 3: It would do two things.
Speaker 6: It would protect your house from golf balls, but it would also, you know, block out that sun. It's so much western facing is so much unusable space. Unfortunately, we get calls all the time because people want to be outside they face west. And we do have a new one now that is hurricane rated for up to one hundred miles an hour winds. So it's a tremendous innovation and their price point on those is fantastic.
Speaker 3: So by the way you do awnings.
Speaker 6: Yep, motorized, motorized and crank awning, exeter awnings and rolling roller sh for and all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so uh, let's continue here, Brendan uh on something we talked about.
Speaker 3: On the uh on the shades. Let me see, I gotta find that text, Doug on it. Oh, on the exterior awnings you talked about.
Speaker 4: They want to know if do you have the automatic wind centers that retracted in wind.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, you can put those on the awnings and the roller shades. So okay, yeah, if you're not home, you forget to leave them down and you know it starts wendy like it does here, it'll raise them or retract them to protect your product.
Speaker 4: And then you mentioned that you can put a shade or these rollers, these exterior shades that will protect from you know, a flying golfle or something on the deck or something or on the patio that protects the windows. But what if you had a window, and can you offset them in front of the window to give them a little airspace like in a box or something to if you wanted to protect those big picture windows on a golf.
Speaker 6: Course, yeah, I mean as long as you have a structure above to I don't mount the head rail to yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you wanted to pull it out like three or four inches, yeah, and have it hanging in front of the window, that would protect it?
Speaker 6: What it would protect it? I mean to be honest, They're not meant for window protection. There's like to be like, you can enjoy your patio and you want to raise the solar screen so you can still see through it, but you're not getting hit in the face by the sun.
Speaker 3: Okay. That's very interesting, got it? Got it? Okay?
Speaker 4: So made in the shade, by the way, their their website is Denver Shades dot Co. Seventy zero four or five eight six, five sixty six. So on another topic people want to know about, let me just grab this text again.
Speaker 3: Where the heck is it? Okay?
Speaker 4: So on the oh, here it is. Somebody said, did I hear about dog Gone? And I can't find it here?
Speaker 3: It is there?
Speaker 4: It is there, It is there, it is there, it is okay. So did I hear about this giant boulder that dropped down on the road in the mountains. What happens if it would kill someone? Obviously, the state has some laws that limit their liability, but we may answer that with John Fuller if you can get them on Mark. Let's talk about the limit of liability when the state has something like that happened. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two ripped off news.
Speaker 3: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can show the shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 10: No Tom Martino, Welcome, Welcome to the Only Show If it's kind. We're here to solve problems answer questions, take complaints. We got a lot going on today in the Trouble Shooter Show. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of check it out over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges and refunds directly due to this show. And I mean that if you've been ripped off, you've got a bad contractor you want to tell us about it, maybe we can recoup some of that money. The phone number is easy. You can call right now three oh three seven one, three eight two five five three zero three Martino. That number works, of course all the time, on and off the air. But I don't care if it's a bad dentist, a bad doctor. We've got attorneys that can step in and help. Maybe you had a bad cab driver that ripped you off, you know. Suzanne and I, by the way, one time in Mexico had a cab driver take our credit card. His little slider in his car wasn't working, so he walked about thirty feet over when we got to the Cancun airport and apparently ran the thirty bucks we owed him. By the time we landed back in Denver four or five hours later, there was over four thousand dollars on that credit card, and of course we got all the money back. But any issues you have, my point is we are here to help. I've got Deputy Doc to my right. We've got Deputy Bo, We've got Kelly, We've got Dragon, We've got Deputy Dmitri, who was sitting at a Tom's place. You look pretty relax there, man.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 16: Man, that's nice to sit in the Euston's chair for a few minutes.
Speaker 10: You're sitting in the big chair over there at the home studio. Anyhow, three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Now someone's got to help me out. We've got John Fuller up. The last ten or fifteen minutes of the last hour, I had to run and take a phone call, so I have no idea what we're talking about with this boulder. So can someone please help me with this before I go to John and.
Speaker 12: Maybe called up and just ask if you're driving along the highway, yeah, and a bowl of falls hits the car and kill somebody who if anybody is responsible?
Speaker 10: You know, going up Dot, you go up and play poker and cripple career or not. Cripple Creek Blackhawks, Blackhawk It was probably in two thousand, I'm guessing twelve thirteen, fourteen ish. A couple was driving up I don't know what kind of car it has. A boulder literally came down crushed him. It might have been her crushed the passenger crushed him dead instantly. The driver got up and walked away. Imagine losing your spouse in about ten seconds. Another one that happened up there, a boulder fell and hit one of those black Hawk buses or some kind of muss and killed some people. What a strange thing. So John Fuller, first of all, John, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 9: Marvelous? Marvelous? How are you guys?
Speaker 10: We're doing pretty good. You know you think we've called you on every call in the world. I I don't have anything to say about this besides, uh, you know what happens if a boulder falls on you.
Speaker 9: Hey, John, it's hey Doc with Hey, I turned eighty todays.
Speaker 12: I mean you're gonna take it easy on me?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he is.
Speaker 10: He's eighty and he's still got hair.
Speaker 9: Not a not a chance. How many dense do you have on your new car?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 12: Scratch?
Speaker 10: Oh you're lying?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's lying.
Speaker 10: I literally watched him.
Speaker 3: Go up in over a curb. Bit it's a dent. I can point it out to you in the market show me. Oh my, I can't believe he just said that, John.
Speaker 10: I literally watched him pull up the top golf and he goes right over the curb.
Speaker 9: We need to have a live remote in the clear channel parking lot room.
Speaker 10: Like when Tom Tom actually hit. Tom actually scraped his new vehicle's rim and he was so shocked to find out the rim was two thousand bucks. I mean, he was fit to be tied. But anyhow, John, Seriously, what does happen? I mean, I assume if it's even if it's private property, I mean, what would it matter unless if someone literally like was exploded some dynamite and created it to happen. But if it's just nature, natural erosion in the Boulder Falls, I mean, there's no one to blame, isn't that God?
Speaker 9: Well, you know it's a little bit more complicated than that. Mark. Here's the basic deal. When you think about going up towards you know, the mountains to go gamble or you know, through Glenwood or something crazy like that, there's almost none of those hillsides that haven't been manicured in some way by the Highway Department. They've either done rock slide integation or they had to cut out the hill to put in the actual interstate and stuff. And so basically the way it works is under the governmental immunity laws, if something just happens, a rock just happens to dislaunch because of rain or you know, whatever natural event, then no, there's not going to be any liability that flows from that. However, if that rock dislodges because the Highway Department did something negligently that caused to do that, there may be liability. And so what you're talking about is an incredibly difficult task of unraveling the precise cause of a big boulder getting dislodged and coming down and crushing somebody. It would be an extraordinarily difficult case, and it would almost have to have, you know, the benefit of some you know, just coincidentally a highway camera or something monitoring it that that showed the progression that was caused by you know, erroneous mitigation efforts or something.
Speaker 10: Well, John, let's say it was let's say there was a house up there and it came from someone's property. So now it's not immunity. What then, same thing.
Speaker 9: You don't think it comes down to, you know, causation. Mark, If if the homeowner did something that caused that rock to dislodge, I think you've got a good argument to be made that that was negligence and that their insurance company should should meet. But if, on the other hand, it was just a natural occurrence, then of course there's no negligence and you're not going to be able to tap the homeowner. Let's just say, as you know, for the sake of argument, that a bolt of lightning came down hit a tree and the tree fell down and dislodged a rock. Yeah, you know, who are we going.
Speaker 3: To go after nobody?
Speaker 9: You can't go after anybody. It's an act of God and it was unforseeable in every sense of the word, and so there's not going to be liability that flows from that. But if the homeowner was like Doc driving his law mower and backed into the same bolder a couple of times and they dislodged and rolled down the hill, I think you could absolutely.
Speaker 10: Make You would have to, and like you said, it would be so hard to prove that. That just made me think of something else though. Let's say you're driving your car and someone else driving gets hit by a bolt of lightning and ends up crashing into you and creating not just damage to your car, but to your health and everything else. Are you saying there could be a possibility because that was an act of God, their insurance company wouldn't be liable in that circumstance.
Speaker 9: That's definitely a possibility. Mark. You know, for years and years, we used to have a concept of a sudden emergency, and the idea behind it was if somebody had a medical emergency or something like that, but that that emergency sorry, there's a sun going by, I hear. That emergency doctrine largely got got taken away from this because the courts did some crazy stuff and actually held that the sudden emergency doctrine applied to somebody losing control on an icy road, and the court said, no, that's that's too far. You can't you can't blame the inattention of a driver for the creation of the sudden emergency. And largely that went away. However, you still come back to causation. If there was a medical emergency that was completely unforeseeable, that that's not negligence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 9: It'd be hard for us to get that insurance company to pay for that. However, you know the bolt of lightning. I think under almost any circumstance is not going to be a negligent act.
Speaker 10: So how would let's what you just said and the conversation you and I had, I think yesterday or the day before about one of my relatives in Georgia. But I want to tie this all together on this negligence. So if someone and I know this, if someone has a sudden stroke and hits you and causes damage and it wasn't foreseen. In other words, it's not like they were supposed to be on medication. No one knew what was going to happen. It was just a fluke, and next thing you know, their insurance company doesn't want to pay you anything. We on the same page so far.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 10: If I had uninsured or underinsured coverage of my own, the same argument would be made.
Speaker 9: Or No, that's a tough question, mark I believe in that's circumstands. We could probably get a UM carrier to pay that claim, got it. I think we probably could. It may involve a battle, but I think we could make the argument that the insured was not at fault, and so by definition the terms of the uninsured motorists kick in, meaning that's there's coverage for when you were not at fault. That probably would be a covered peril, but boy, it'd be a close one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Wow, that's what that's kind of crazy thinking in those terms for people listening. My wife's sister, her daughter got into an accident and it was kind of it's not that it was funny. The car was totaled and there was some damages. So I asked John, even though it was in Georgia, just some basic stuff on the coverage. But luckily, you know, she's only twenty years old. Can you imagine, John, Most twenty year olds they buy the cheapest dam insurance. Ever, she actually thought it to have uninsured, which in this case, because the driver that hit her had zero insurance whatsoever. She's going to get her car paid for on the comprehensive and she's going to get her medical bills and some time off work and whatever other damage is she has.
Speaker 3: But how many twenty year olds buy that coverage?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 9: You know, Mark, there's two times when you really really really need to get the advice of a professional. One is when you're buying insurance, so you know exactly what you're getting and what you need to get, what you don't need to get. And number two is when something happens like an accident. Even though you may think you've got it figured out and it may be relatively simple, it never hurts to talk to a professional like myself that can help dissect the facts and the coverage and everything else to find out exactly what your rights are. I can't tell you how many accidents that we've had come in the door or somebody thought they were only looking at twenty five thousand dollar policy and all of that was eaten up by medical bills or something. And as it turns out, there were two or three other policies that we could bring in to play. And after subrogation and medpay and you apply everything, and it turns out that there was a significant sum of money that the that the driver was entitled to, that he had no idea.
Speaker 3: That was air.
Speaker 10: And see, the only thing I would say about my sister in law there, well, it's not her, it's her kid. Here's where they screwed up in my opinion, Then I got to let you go and get to break for a dragon, throw something at me. But the accident happened, I believe two weeks ago, her boyfriend. They both got shuffled off in an ambulance. I mean it was pretty bad. Vehicle totaled the airbags a whole bit. So he went to the hospital. She went to the hospital. He saw an attorney. Within a couple days, probably was making the phone calls immediately. She waited two or three weeks when she kind of reached out through her mother to me, going, you know, what should I do? My head heard at that time and everything, But I felt like I was getting better over that next week, but now I still have some makes and pains. It doesn't look good when you wait two or three weeks, does it?
Speaker 9: No, it really doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 9: There's no penalty for getting a hold of the insurance companies early, but there sure may be a penalty for getting a hold of them too late. Yeah, so give us a call right away. You know, if there's nothing to it, it hasn't cost you anything but a phone call, yep. But if there's something to it, we could save you a whole lot of money and a lot of time. And grief along the way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so listen, everybody. That's John Fuller, good friend of mine, who's actually represented myself in a car accident, got his policy limits from the bad driver, and then same with my daughter policy limits. The guy's great, he'll answer all your questions. But if you've been in an accident, if you've been in one recently, I mean you have questions about it. Maybe you're wishing geez, I'm dealing with the insurance company. I feel like it's and over my head it probably is. Give John a call, you'll talk to John. Three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred three zero three five nine seven forty five hundred.
Speaker 3: I got to take a break. Everybody hang tight.
Speaker 10: Three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino, I want to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 4: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: You know it's a.
Speaker 10: Little weird coming out of uh basically political season and move forward.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: Before the election, jeez, Louise, the entire country was just going absolutely insane. Present company included in that for sure, Deputy Doc. It's your birthday, man, eighty years old, right, I.
Speaker 12: Don't look a day over seventy nine.
Speaker 3: You don't look a day over seventy nine.
Speaker 10: He's pretty sharp though. Eighty years old? Doc is sharp. He plays poker all the time. Do you find that.
Speaker 3: Keeps you sharp?
Speaker 12: Doc? As?
Speaker 3: Golf and poker?
Speaker 12: Absolutely? And also this and my AARP stuff.
Speaker 10: Golf, poker and beer pong. I think is just three games he plays. What are you doing to celebrate your birthday today?
Speaker 12: I'm going out with my son and my daughter in law and my cousin for dinner.
Speaker 3: Where are you going?
Speaker 12: This is this really neat place you found? colorI it's Aalian restaurant on.
Speaker 3: Yale and Italian do yeah?
Speaker 12: Ron, Yeah, really nice place. The guys from New York milk style Italian food.
Speaker 3: So it's Southern like chicken palm, Yeah, that kind of stuff. Yeah, so's my order. I'm curious.
Speaker 12: I have no idea yet.
Speaker 10: Well, what do you generally ordered? A decent Italian southern.
Speaker 12: Lasagna they have, or kind of spaghetti dishes. But my son is so bummed out that about the election that.
Speaker 3: He's a liberal.
Speaker 12: Oh man, so you guys are like that when it comes to politics. We are.
Speaker 10: My father and myself were probably even further apart.
Speaker 12: I don't know he does.
Speaker 3: He think the.
Speaker 10: Whole country is never gonna vote again and Trump's gonna I mean, he really believes that.
Speaker 12: He even goes to me on a couple of things. I texted him in the past two days. Oh wow, I wouldn't even answer it.
Speaker 3: He catch him. Wow, what are you gonna do at dinner? Are you gonna wear?
Speaker 10: I'll bring you a Trump shirt.
Speaker 12: I don't know what we're gonna do with dinner. We haven't spoken since the election.
Speaker 3: What do you guys? Is he coming over for Trump's giving?
Speaker 12: We're all going to Florida's for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: Hey, hey, bo, do you have anybody in your life. That's different in politics. I'm assuming that you're on the same.
Speaker 12: The same wavelength with you guys, except my.
Speaker 10: Three girls, so they're totally on a different They're young, yeah.
Speaker 22: Over twenty and twenty three.
Speaker 10: So they they bought into all the kool aid. Yes, they were drinking the kool aid.
Speaker 22: Going to see one's going to see you Boulder and getting properly brainwashed.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, very very true up until Vance and Trump dismantle this higher education. Do they docrination crap?
Speaker 12: Do they believe that Trump is going to try to get an amendment to ban abortions?
Speaker 10: He already said, he already said if something came, he would veto it.
Speaker 12: Right, It's not going to happen now, I'm not going to get thirty four states and two thirds of the really think.
Speaker 10: The world's going to change? How I mean the world is going to change.
Speaker 3: It already has.
Speaker 10: Well, I agree with that, but I mean all of the things the Democrats said were gonna happen, like we'll never have an election, this is going to be your last.
Speaker 3: Art, He's gonna be our dictator.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do they really believe that?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't think they do.
Speaker 22: They just like to go against what their dad believes because they're rebels.
Speaker 3: Well that's probably. There's so truth to that.
Speaker 12: I think it at his kids age, yes, my son's thirty eight, I don't think, Well.
Speaker 3: Why is he so liberal? What has the government done for him?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: What did the Biden administration do for him?
Speaker 12: He believes that Trump's immigration policy is mean, mean, mean.
Speaker 10: Everybody should be so he really thinks everybody should be able to come here.
Speaker 12: He thinks we should have more liberal immigration laws. He is afraid he you know, he's pro choice. Yeah, so he's against that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but at most most Republicans listen, there's a religious side to it that is definitely against abortion, but that that doesn't blanket all Republicans by any means. I'm a Republican and I honestly don't care. I'm not a woman. I would never tell a woman she can't decide what she wants to do. I could just I, honest to God, could care less about it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't affect my life. Now.
Speaker 10: If it was my wife and something like that was going on, I might go, hey, I want to have this get or whatever. But still it's not my body, that's not my deal.
Speaker 12: And I'm very pro choice, but as pro choice as I am, well, you.
Speaker 10: What's weird about that is you were a baby doctor. If everybody had an abortion, you wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Had a job.
Speaker 12: You'd be out of business.
Speaker 3: Then you'd be at a business jack.
Speaker 12: If I did the abortions, I'd be making a lot of money.
Speaker 10: Did you ever do abortions?
Speaker 12: I think that's something when you discussed at a different time. But the point is, even as pro choice as I am, I felt that it's a states rights issue.
Speaker 10: That well, it is the state's right. That's a whole different thing though, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you can be pro choice and feel that it's not in the constitution that it should be up to the states.
Speaker 10: I gotta take just break. I'm curious what dragon I say about this. Three o three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: You know, Tom always always makes fun of me when it comes to some gifts I get for Suzanne. Now, trust me, I have bought a lot of jewelry in my life, and not a lot of nice vacations, a lot of stuff she absolutely loves. But Suzanne also loves having her house up to date. Her getting that master bathroom redone probably meant more than a trip to Hawaii any day, you know.
Speaker 3: And when she.
Speaker 10: Got okay, people laugh out there, Ladies, think what you want. But my wife loves nice pots and pans.
Speaker 12: As long as it doesn't have a plug. Market's appropriate.
Speaker 10: So she loves nice pots and pans, And honestly, I forget the brand. I think they're called made in or something like that. Yeah, but they're like, you know, it's a thousand bucks for these things, and she loves them.
Speaker 3: Tom always makes fun.
Speaker 10: Oh you got her this, Well, I'm gonna tell everybody out there something now, this does not go for Suzanne.
Speaker 3: This goes for everybody.
Speaker 10: Else made in the shades and studio they have got something going on right now. Twenty five percent off and it's a real twenty five percent off. And the reason I brought this up not only is he in studio, but I have Dragon on the other side of the glass, and Dragon recently did all the research you're gonna need. We talk about these guys all the time. Dagan actually uses company. What Dragon them four or five months? Six months?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 24: Maybe have almost a year ago?
Speaker 10: Has it been that long?
Speaker 24: And we made a mistake. We only got like four windows. Yeah, and then my wife saw them done and she's like, we need.
Speaker 3: More, and then you got them. Then we got more.
Speaker 10: So but you called all the places right the ones we hear advertise nationally.
Speaker 24: Where you measure yourself, and you know all that they were more expensive than made in the shade that did all the work for me.
Speaker 10: How is that even possible, Brendan, Honest to God, how can you do it?
Speaker 9: Less?
Speaker 10: We all hear it. One of them is called, like I want to say, monsters anchor something, whatever it's called. And basically you you measure, you go to their website, you enter in the measurements, they ship you the product, then you have to put it in yourself. Years and years ago, when we moved in two thousand and one to castle Rock, brand new house, I did that and it was an absolute nightmare, absolute nightmare. Some of what was probably my fault. Bad measurements, not exact measurements, and they just didn't fit. But honestly, how do you sell all the window coverings you do cheaper and you actually do the free consultation at the house, you do all the measurement, you do all the installation. How is that even possible?
Speaker 3: How is it?
Speaker 6: Well, we have really good contracts with the vendors and they compete with one another for our business because we rep pretty much every major vendor out there. And the free consultation comes down to we close a very high percentage of our quotes because of our our installation is included. And if the measurements off, we measure with a laser down to a sixteenth of an inch, so it's perfect. Yeah and so, and if it's off, that's on us. There's a remake. You call me and we get it remakes, just get it done.
Speaker 10: I'm looking at all the products you have, you know, just the blinds you've got, of course, foe.
Speaker 3: You got actual real.
Speaker 10: Wood, got anything you could imagine, You got stuff that actually is remote controlled. You got beautiful shutters, and then you've got like basic shades all the way to like roller shades, cellular shades, shear shadings. And then what the heck is a grill? What is a decorative grill?
Speaker 3: Those are incredible? What the hell is windows? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You can, and you can put a solar screen behind it. It's called it's made from a company called Tableau. We have them in our house and they're they're either artwork. I've seen them on ceiling on tray ceilings.
Speaker 10: Before, gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's thousands of designs, or you can actually draw your own design and they will make it.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to explain. How would you explain what it is. It's like a piece of artwork that goes over a window, but yet you can still black out the window.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you would attach a solar screen behind it, either a one percent, five percent any color. It's wild and it cuts down and it also it's pretty neat. When the sun does come through there, it makes like the shadows on your wall become like the artwork too. It's pretty neat.
Speaker 3: It becomes you artwork. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've seen them used as headboards before, and just the walls or room devices.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: That the outdoor shade stuff for absolutely unbelievable. Man Like, we got a hot tub and I've got one of those manual I gott to crank it down when the sun's in that right spot. Yeah, so but I could get that and just hit a button.
Speaker 6: Yep, just motorized, just a motor You could do it from your phone on an app. You can say hey lexlow or my shade. You could be in Europe and forgot to close all your shades and just touch it on your phone as long as you have Wi Fi signal to your phone.
Speaker 10: So really, regardless if I have a fix and flip, I just want to get some shades on or a rental property. I had someone move out and they destroyed the old blinds. You can do the cheap old mini lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the foreward winds. And you're still going to.
Speaker 10: Say people money compared to maybe even going to home depot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Did you hear what he And we cover any mistakes at all?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you cover everything, but I gotta tell you there was a there was about an eighth of an inch.
Speaker 3: Did he do yours?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He did yours too. Oh yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 12: That he did my whole house.
Speaker 3: Wow. So when you bought the new condo.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was great. And then there was a were the two pieces came together in the corner. There was time to get it like an eighth of an inch or maybe a quarter inch the most. In two or three places they replaced the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So that's why you do.
Speaker 10: If it doesn't fit perfectly, you just get them coming.
Speaker 6: There's a defect at all, will come from the manufactur come and swap it out.
Speaker 10: Is that generally where the issue comes from is they didn't cut it properly.
Speaker 12: No, these were these they just they were put in. But then because I guess because of the weather, they were just coming apart a little bit. Oh no, no questions asked. They came out just replace. They replaced them. You can't beat it was great.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 10: On mistakes that are made for measuring, though, is it generally on your side or your people's side, or is it.
Speaker 3: The company cutting it? Maybe half half and half half, but it doesn't matter. Get it it's usually on our our end.
Speaker 6: To be honest, they rarely make mistakes, okay, but when they do, they we do so much business with them.
Speaker 3: They don't question.
Speaker 6: They just replace it ad diffinately and we come and slop it out.
Speaker 10: Now, tell me about to twenty five percent real quick, because a lot of people say, we all know this twenty five percent off today. So if Dragon waited for today or Doc waited for today, would they legitimately be getting an additional twenty five percent?
Speaker 6: Well, they did get a percent off. I gave them all, and prices have also gone up, so it would you know.
Speaker 10: But it's a real twenty five percent yea. So this week it's twenty five percent off.
Speaker 9: For this all.
Speaker 6: We're going to run it through the holidays, honestly, but I will stress. Don't call me right before Christmas saying we're having family over we want new shades.
Speaker 3: It's too late.
Speaker 10: What it's time frame two to three weeks.
Speaker 3: So if they call now, you can handle Christmas. But thanksgiving's done. It depends on what they want. It's probably done. It's probably dumb, but absolutely Christmas is in play, no question about it.
Speaker 10: You guys, give these people a call where I was backing up to is new new window coverings for your house. It makes your house look brand new. It's just it's just gorgeous. And your wife loved it, didn't They didn't?
Speaker 3: She? She wanted more, more.
Speaker 10: More shades seven two zero four five eight sixty five sixty six seven two zero four five eight sixty five sixty six. John, I promise I'll get to you in one second.
Speaker 4: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 10: Two one three eight two five five don't forget three oh three more.
Speaker 3: Artino works on and off the air. Listen.
Speaker 10: We're going to be picking this back up tomorrow, kicking butt and doing everything we need to do. I want to thank our guest, Brendan Killian with Made in the Shade in by the way. Their website is mits DS mits DS dot com, or you can call them up. They'll come out to your house do other measurements. How long does that usually take?
Speaker 3: Brendan fast? It's honest.
Speaker 6: Honestly, the length of time depends on the homeowner's decisiveness because we are very fast.
Speaker 10: You're help like honestly a lot of people. It's easy to say, hey, you need a blind that's this big. But how about if someone's like, hey do I get green? Purple?
Speaker 3: Wow? Walk them through that? Yeh.
Speaker 6: The different kinds yep, different products, different companies, different brands, price points.
Speaker 10: What are those shades that like come over a deck? I My neighbor used to have one. He'd hit a button and it wouldn't go up and down, it would go out vertically and basically cover like the patio grill and the table. You guys do those, so you do pretty much any kind of covering, even if a window's not involved.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool, all right?
Speaker 10: Check these guys out seven two zero four five eight sixty five sixty six seven two zero four five eight sixty five sixty six. Don't forget three Oho three Martino. You've been ripped off taking advantage of We want to hear from you. You can call that number twenty four seven three Oho three Martino. You can email us at any time. We'll get back to you. We love recouping money. We love helping people help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. We'll see you in the am.