Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog. My dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground, like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? Or was it was? Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus quice you better Hello, hit the boddy out here? What quent on out there? I thought of a bitch about text foot nine. I don't know. Easy ann out there? Yeah, I'm walking right.
Speaker 2: Hey, like folks on, welcome our guest to the show. It is Darren from Oregon. Welcome to the show, sir, Thank you very much. I have been looking forward to this conversation, so let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this bigfoot thing. What in the world got you interested in the subject?
Speaker 3: To begin with, Originally, I'm a paranormal investigator. I do ghost I've been doing ghosts for thirty years. It was my brother who was the Bigfoot guy. So we went up and we were looking at this old house and we stumbled upon a family of squatch and had a nice little five minute encounter them staring at us. I was staring at them. It dropped in my lap, and now it's a mic session that I need to know more.
Speaker 2: You have been bitten by the Bigfoot bug. I think Bigfoot bites us all in the ass at some point in time. It happened for me very early on, when I was like twelve years old. I really got into the subject and I've been into it ever since. It sounds like you went off the deep end and had an experience pretty quickly. There's people I've talked to that have been in this. Gosh, Peter Burn comes to mind. I think it was the last person to interview Peter before he passed away a couple of years ago, and he'd been in the subject for sixty years and he never got to have an experience with these things. I think I've said on the podcast a couple of times. I don't think he ever found a footprint. But I did go back when I remastered that episode and he did find his own footprint once. But that's about the extent of his experiences. So it is very rare for people to enter into this and have an experience that early on. Let's jump right into it and talk about that first experience. Where were you guys, What were you doing and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 3: Actually, we were doing bachelor party, me and all my guys. We were going to go up to this old abandoned colony. We did our basic ghost stuff and we talked to some spirits and we got all the evidence. We kneed it up on top of the hill and we were trying to look for the cemetery because we were told that they buried all their dead a little bit lower down off the hillside. So as we're trying to find it, we go to where we were told it was. So we had talked to the historical Society and we're like, yeah, we want to go to the the Brabyard and pay our respects, and they're like, oh, here's the coordinates, here's where you go. We went there and there's no cemetery. Okay, this is odd. So we're standing up a little bit of a hillside and there's a little meadow underneath us, and one of my guys goes, there's something staring at us. It's mine, one o'clock. It's over there, and we follow his hand. We start looking and it's two adult females and two juveniles. I think we all just stumbled upon each other, and the squatch are confused. We're confused because there's eight guys sitting up on the hillside and we're locked eyes with these things. One of the females runs across the meadow and hides behind a tree. We're ghost hunters. We have thermal cameras, so on video we have this giant heap plume standing behind a tree. We can see that it's sitting behind this tree. We're staring at it. And we got another female. She's crouched down behind us log and she's staring at us, and we're all making eye contact, and we're about eighty feet away, and the two juveniles, two little ones, they're like trying to crawl away into this little cave of system behind them. So the two females, they're obviously trying to get our attention. So we're not totally paying attention to what's going on with kids. We're seeing eyeshine out of the cave from the kids, and we're just like, this is a once in lifetime, this is crazy. My brother, who is the bigfoot guy, goes give a whoop like okay, so I hoop and we get a whoop back. This is going on for about five minutes where you fixated on what we're seeing, and then we get a whoop from behind us and rocks thrown at us as we all turn around because we've already violated so many rules of being in the woods. Keep your head on a swivel, don't be fixating on one area. We're in mountain lyon country. We've got blackberries up here, and we're totally fixated on one area. We're not paying attention behind us, and these rocks start getting thrown us. We all whip around and we're looking. We're not seeing anything, but these rocks are getting bigger and they're getting bigger, and there's growls and something is telling us it's time to move. One of my guys is still staring at the Squatch family down in the meadow and he's yeah, when we all turned away. They quickly got out of there in a hurry. They just seem to vanish. They're gone. The rest of us guys are staring up the hillside, going, Okay, this ain't good. This is bad. Something's gotten behind us. We need to make some tracks. My brother at this point had already made tracks. The one guy with a weapon has already left the party. We turn around because I'm like, no, I'm going to look in the men. I want to see these This is fascinating. They're gone, and we're like, okay, let's double time it out of here, because now these rocks are getting bigger, they're getting a little bit more precise. They're not just landing around us anymore. Now they're getting a little bit more precise. It's time to go. The bouncer is telling us it's time to leave, so we get out of there. We're all hyped out of our brains. And now it's at that point we started shifting our focus from Okay, we're going to go hunt Goss twenty four to seven. Now it's grabbing every book we can read, going to every squatch festival we can, talking to all the people that am been doing at forever. Doctor Jeff Meldrum. We talked to him for years at these festivals and be like, hey, we're running into this and what could this mean. We let a year go by and life moved on, and then we got the crazy idea following April. So this was in April twenty nineteen. The following April, we're like, you know what, we should go back because last time we had no we had no compasses, were in a dead zone, we have no gear whatsoever. So we go back to next year and we end up finding the old cemetery finally, but right next to the old cemetery is a nest because we have been talking to the Olympic Project up in Washington about them finding their nests, and then we come across one, but instead of being built with huckleberries, it's built with ferns. We continue going down the rabbit hole. Okay, why would it be ferns? So we get home, we look it up. What's medicinal young ferns are edible. We're also medicinal with childbirth. So we're like, oh my god, we're finding nests. We found a nest that time we did get growled out and rocks were throwing us so it was the time to leave. On the way out on that trip, we ended up finding a few wood structures set up. We gave it another year because this has been going on for six years. So the next year, because we'd only been doing one trip a year up there, the next year we went up to a different location and that's where we found just a string of prints through the swamp area. These were great prints, but we couldn't cast him because it had just been raining and it's in a swamp. So we did take a bunch of pictures of it, and we found another nest. It's also on an elk run, so there's this elk preserve up in the area. The squatch had taken all these trees that were not native to the swamp. This tree had been brought from somewhere else and that they had laid it down across the elk path next to this little nest hide area. That was cool. We were on our way out that trip and we could hear something splash it. There's a little creek off to the left hand side of this old trail and we could hear something splashing around inside of it. Well, one of my guys got down on the creek and he was actually trying to chase it. He was, yeah, there's something down there. Something has been trampling through the bushes and everything. This is fresh. We stop, we're not finding anything. We're talking about it, and that's when we get hit with that smell. Because everybody says that the squatch have this really bad smell to them. Our theory is it's kind of like a skunk because it came on sudden, it came on quick, and then it dissipated. It got our attention that one. We'd already turned off our cameras because we're getting ready to leave for the day, so it's all right, turn off the cameras. Batteries are probably a little bit dead anyway, and I'm looking across the creek area and I see these two twigs, these two trees come down a little bit and something's got a hold of them and it's using it like a slingshot to get up over the bank. So all I saw was the backside of it, and it was up and gone, and we're like, okay, this is crazy. But it was that smell of just I've described it as a dead skunk being eaton, defecated out baked in the sun, re eaten, redefecated, rebaked. It got our attention of Okay, I'm over here. It's time to leave your places. You're not supposed to be. We've just had so many altercations with these things. I don't remember the name of it right off the top of my head, but doctor Meldrum had said that there the squatch have one of several different hierarchy systems where the alpha male or similar back as we call them, as a central location and then his harem has an outer ring like a big spoked wheel. We're thinking that we've been locating one of the harems because it always seems to be the same females we've run into. We're finding prints, we're finding nests, we've been chased out by juvenile males. We think that those are kind of like the ones letting you know ahead of time, the watchdogs pretty much that don't come over here, this is not where you should be. We've dealt with that a few times. Three years ago we went up we actually ended up finding a slaughter zone. A bunch of elk were just ripped to shreds. A lot of prints in that one. We actually ended up casting what we could. When we were there, it was further away from any of the nesting sites. We were stocked again. We could see it looking at us through the bushes. One of my guys was like, yeah, it's right there. It's staring at us. We were definitely stocked and followed. It was wanted to make sure we weren't going back to the nesting sites. No rocks were thrown on that one, but it was breaking branches. It was making us aware of its presence. I wouldn't say it was nerve wracking or stressful, but it was like, okay, it's letting us know. We believe it was a male. We stopped at one point along the trail and we were just gonna have a lunch, and you could hear these trees just start breaking left and right. Just snapped, Okay, it's not windy. These trees aren't just falling down on their own. It's letting us know right up front, don't come over here, it's time to leave. It's one of those things you can set a clock to. These guys. We believe that they're migrational, that they have a range that they tend to go to. We know for a fact in April May, where they're going to be on this mountain side. We can track them down. You can set your watch to it. I've thrown out the invite to any other bigfooters. Hey, listen, come on out. We'll take you out. We know where there are certain months of the year they follow the elk. The elk come down, they go back up. There's another valley they go to. Like I said, you can set a watch to it. We know when they're not in these locations. We went up in April this year. We went to our same location where we've been having multiple encounters, footprints, vocalizations. We took gilly suits. We're like, okay, we're going to sit by the water source. We're going to get all camouflaged up. It sits over a little bluff. There's little bluff above the creek side. Everything needs water. We're just gonna spend a day. We're gonna find spots, we're gonna sit down, and we're gonna let them come to us. We were there about two hours. There was six of us when we were spread out like every thirty feet down this cliff line. We were all set up and laying in the dirt, camouflaged up, just waiting to see what would happen. Well, as we're sitting there, we hear this cooing. That's the only way I can describe it, is cooing. And you could hear something underneath the cliff side, and it's getting louder and it's getting louder, and all my guys down the rest of the line are hearing this. Because I'm towards the front of the line, I guess you would call it. And it's just this cooing like if you've got like a young child, that's the crying, the miserable, talk real softly. Oh, it's gonna be okay. And that's how we're describing it, this cooing is it's gonna be okay. Because my legs are not camouflage. I'll be up front. I just had the top half of me camouflage. My feet are out there. The minute it gets right underneath the cliff side and it's all my guys are hearing it, and I'm like, this thing's right underneath me, and I'm like, I don't want to move, but it's right underneath me. It's right there. This thing is four feet away from me below the cliff side. As it's getting louder and it's cooing. I'm like, okay, this is way too close. So I get up and I sprint out of there, and all my guys sprint out of their locations. Everybody's asking the same question, what the hell was that. I'm like, okay, you heard that too. I'm not insane, I'm not hearing things. And they're like, no, we thought that was you. I thought you were cooing to try to coax something.
Speaker 1: Men.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, dude, last two hours, I was sitting there, braced against a tree, staring down this creek, waiting for something to happen.
Speaker 2: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: This thing's been going on for about fifteen twenty minutes of getting closer and cooing, and the only thing we can think about is it saw us come in and we're in these big, old gilly suits. We're thinking that it saw us sit down and not move for two hours, and then it probably got curious. This is okay, what are these things doing? They're just sitting there said okay, I better go check. That's what we were thinking on this one is it's got to be wondering what the hell's going on with us. We all debriefed a little bit, and then we went back into the location. But I think when I got up and flew out of there, because it's a big old gilly suit, it's ketchup twigs and branches. I'm crashing through because I didn't know you've heard reports of bigfoot kidnapping people. It's below me. I wanted to see it come up over that little cliff side, but at the same time, I didn't want to see it come up over the cliff side because it's way too close. Yeah, it was just amazing. Now. I know most people that have like multiple encounters with a squatch family, they tend to give them names and try to associate with them. We don't do that. What we're finding with this family is they tolerate us because we're trying to get out once a month, a couple times a month if possible, everybody's schedules work out. They let us know don't be here at this time they're get them too close. They tolerate us. Don't come over to the nesting sites and this time of year, don't come to the feeding grounds. This is where we eat. Don't come over here during this time. So when we went back up in July, our normal area has a whole different cryptid in the summer months, and then the bigfoot seem to go further up the mountain backside the mountain. So after our little run in with the other cryptid, we decided to go further up the mountain because we're like, we're here for Bigfoot, We're not here for this other guy. We went up. We were returning to the original site that we had seen. We're like, okay, why don't we go to where the other place was and see what we can see. As we're walking and I've got another guy with me, and we are all harmed at this point because a lot of the hunter's reports had said they had seen a lot of bear, and they've seen a lot of cougar. And I'm like, okay, we're not gonna shoot to kill, but I like to have something loud just to scare something away. At this point, I don't want to kill anything. We come around a trail end, we see a cougar, some shoot off to the side, be loud, be obnoxious. Hey buddy, we don't want an altercation. We're up in this area. My buddy actually drew his pistol. You've heard something about fifteen feet off to his right hand side, down a little ravine is close. We got that video up on our YouTube channel and you could hear we're being stalked. And we're no longer in the Female Saratuary. We're now up in the Silverbacks territory. We're being hunted. There's growls coming at us, there's rocks being thrown at us. We're finding that the bigger males, even the silver Back, they have a bit more of an attitude. So when we go up into the silver Back's territory, we get more growls. There's no cooing. We've had large trunks of trees thrown at us or roll down the hillside. This tree doesn't look like it comes from this area. It looks like it's been broken off for a while. We ended up getting chased that time. We had gone the way in and we were trying to find a location. They had been doing some logging up there. Then logging does not make the big guy happy at all, and we got down to this location where the logging company had just clear cut a whole area and they plowed out a road. I'm like, oh my god, we've got casting materials. This is a hot spot. Let's go down this little road. It's fresh dirt and see what we can find so we can cast some more prints because we need more prints or after evidence. They we start down the road and my guys, we've got shooter muffs, ear muffs that amplify the sound. It's really being amplified and we're really picking up these growls coming at us. And I think we got about maybe ten feet down this road and I'm like, you know what, I'm not feeling happy no more. I don't feel like this is a safe place. And my guys were like, yeah, I think we need to get out of here in a hurry because this thing is pissed off. It is angry at us. We should not be here. Let's just go down a few more feet. I mean, we got al those fresh dirt and there's got to be some and then had a rock thrown at us. I'm like, okay, never mind the tracks today, we're good to go. We can leave. We were about two miles in and that was a very quick two mile fast walk to get out of there, because it followed us all the way back. It followed us for a whole two miles in. Once we got back to the truck, we're sitting there and we're like, okay, let' before we leave and discuss this and let's get it on video. As we turned off the camera and we're grabbing lunch real quick and taking all of our gear off and loading it up, we heard some of that resembles the Sierra sounds and we're just like, oh my god. I'm like, you guys heard that, And they're like, one of my guys goes, yeah, I heard it. I'm like that that's just right over there. That's what the trailhead where we were just att And I'm like, okay, do we grab out the cameras or something? And they're like no, I think it's letting us know it's time to leave. Now you guys need to go. Then, of course we were stupid and stopped at the original area, ran into the original cryptid that we were avoiding, then we got chased.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a fun time. I want to go back to the first siding and encounter that you had with these things. Can you talk a little bit about what you were seeing as far as a description of the two females and the two juveniles that you saw. Initially, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I made about seven feet tall, real big in the shoulders. What I could see through the binoculars was like a gorilla style notes in a fun coal head, so it had that again when Patterson's style looking head to it. The children, the adolescents four feet tall, brown eyes, basically was think Pattie and that's what we were seeing, but all black versions of Patty. It was definitely an eye opener and a life changer.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine because I just had my own experiences with these things out in Washington State last summer. I think it was last August. I got to see these things three times in two days, and it is definitely a life changing experience. So I'm assuming you're saying, Patty, you're calling them female? Are you seeing breast? Is that how you're able to determine that these things are female?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. One of the things that you brought up and I made a facial expression was probably a little overt and you're probably like, what the hell is this guy looking like that? I literally just finished another interview before this, when you and I were talking about this a little bit off the air from a guy in Oregon who has what seems to be a very active research site. Obviously I don't know where it is in relation to where you guys are, but one of the very interesting things that he said daring this, and he showed me a couple of examples that he had right there in the room with him, was he took a scientist friend of his out into his research area and he was showing him some of the things he was excited about that he thought was related to Bigfoot, right, and his friend was freaking out over a pine cone that he found on the ground. He's like, why the hell are you so excited about a pine cone? It's just a pine cone, right, There's hundreds of thousands of conifers in this area. What is it about this pine cone? And the guy was like, no, you don't understand. This particular pine cone comes from a particular tree that is nowhere in this area. It can't survive here. It literally can't grow here because it requires I think it was like four thousand plus feet of elevation for this thing to even be valuable as a tree. Yet this is a pine cone from this tree that is nowhere around here. This guy was saying that I think the highest point of his research area as far as elevation is about fifteen hundred to eighteen hundred feet, so nowhere near. We're talking less than half of what it would take for this tree to be in this area. Yet these pine cones are here. They found the one laying on the ground. He came back a different time and found another one that was actually shoved into the ground, which I thought was very interesting. He's finding upside down trees, He's finding upside down logs that are shoved into these holes. He's got a whole theory about that we're not going to get into. But you were talking about this particular tree or a tree that you guys were finding that doesn't grow in this area, so it's being brought there by something or someone. Was that a significant find for you guys, or is this new information that obviously somebody's in the general vicinity finding pine cones and you guys are finding these trees and tree structures that aren't from this area. Is that a significant thing for you as far as you doing your research and you guys finding this in that area, that something or someone is bringing that here for some reason.
Speaker 3: It helps with debunking. Like some of the structures are on a downhill slope. You can look out and go, Okay, the mountain probably gets a lot of snow, maybe an avalanche or something. As ghost hunters, we're always trying to find a logical conclusions before we just say it's a ghost. So we're like, Okay, we have a structure, it's on a downhill slide. Could it be maybe there was an avalanche, Maybe there was a winter storm blue down the mountain. Could there be another reason why the structure is here. And as we're looking at the structure, we're noticing that no, none of these trees are within a forty foot circumference of the structure. So what's in the structure does not match anything in the immediate vicinity. But we have found that these trees happen to grow more towards the top of the mountain. Something's getting them from the top and bringing them down to the bottom. I don't think these trees are going to be going down two hundred and fifty feet a mountain side and landing upright in a freak storm. I don't think that's possible. Oh, I almost forget. I tell you, we've been gifted mushrooms before. Yeah, we parked the trucks, we left, we thought we had nothing day. We come back and something had put mushrooms on the hood of the truck. Don't know how how they got there. It was just a weird occurrence of there are mushrooms on the hood of the truck. We've had people try to say, I've seen squirrels do this before, and I'm like, Okay, that's a possibility, but it was only the one time, and their mushrooms grow on the ground. Why would they be on the hood of a truck. It's just a weird circumstance for them to be.
Speaker 2: I want to get into the other cryptid that you've referenced a couple of times, but before we go into that, I want to talk a little bit about the nests that you guys found. When I had my experiences last year, I was out working out of the headquarters for the Olympic Project, so I'm very familiar with the nests and the nest site that you're talking about. Can you for the audience describe as best you can in detail what you guys are finding as far as the nests are concerned, how they're constructed, what they look like, and give us the breakdown of the description of the nests.
Speaker 3: Okay, what we've been finding on multiple occasions is something is pushing over trees, arranging them into a crib formation, and then stuffing it with these bracken ferns, like four feet high of ferns in the middle of the sink. We're too low of an altitude for a huckleberry Like the Olyptric Project, they're talking about a woven nest that's really thick. We're at a lower altitude so that stuff doesn't grow here, but we have ferns galore. Every nest we found is basically the same thing. It's three to four logs shoved together linka log style and then stuffed with these ferns. It's a deep pile of ferns and they're not just growing out. We looked at that and went, okay, let's right, a debunket. Could it be these thinks fell down and these ferns are growing out of the middle of them. What we found is no, you could easily go through and pick up the whole stack of ferns out of the tree. The makeshift crib, I guess you wouldn't want to call it. They're probably about six feet long, about five feet wide. Again, we can look at it and go, okay, maybe this is just old trees falling over. But it's in a square, and a lot of these nests are somewhere where. Okay, if this tree is falling over, why are all the other trees within a twenty foot circumference not falling over? Because these are giant logs. These are about five to six feet wide with a circumference. These are big logs. If these things are falling over, where's the stump? We found about four of them so far over the last six years. Kind of wish that they were like the Olympic Project of these nice big woven nests and boughs. But these are very crudely put together. You're looking at it going okay, these logs should have taken something else down when they fell. They're in a square. What are the chances it well in disorder? Like I said, we looked up medicinal plants. That's what part of our thing is. Okay, we have black bears, we have mountain lions, we have elk, So we got to followed food, we got to follow the water. If one of us was lost in the woods and our medications ran out, what natural medicinal plants could we get tap into. So we're trying to view everything through what would we do in this situation. And then the ferns, like the huckleberry plants that the Olympic Project talks about, it's got medicinal qualities for motherhood berthing. Bracken ferns have medicinal qualities for motherhood and birthing. We have a lot of them. We're at lower altitude. I think these things are They've already known that these things help out. And it's like I said, it's just a big stack of logs, stuff full of these bracken ferns. And they seem to be in the general area every single year that we always find them.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. That is such a cool part of that story because when I was doing the interview before this one, this particular gentleman that was telling me the story, Hugh was saying he owns a tree service, so he's very familiar with different types of trees. He wasn't really familiar with this particular tree that this pine cone was from. But when he started doing research, I'm just googling this, but I'm finding that this particular tree does have a lot of medicinal uses, and it is a very ceremonial tree for a lot of the Indigenous and Native American peoples in that area. There's a huge history of them using things from this tree for those purposes. I always say it every time I do one of these shows. It is always about the totality of the circumstances. For me, if you take one or two things and your cherry pick it, sure, could it be something. But when you put all of these things together, it truly paints a picture.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: These trees are not from this area, yet they're brought there. You're finding them doing this research.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Could it be something completely different, unrelated to Bigfoot? Sure, absolutely, But when you put the totality of the circumstances together, it seems like there's something to this. So I think it's fascinating. I would be remiss if we didn't talk about the other cryptid that you've been referencing. So would you regale us and would you take us there and talk about what you're talking about with the other cryptid that's in this area and whatever your experience has been with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got a backtrack on that one, just a little bit further back in time. What kind of clued me out on things was those About five years ago? I was at local grocery store. I had a shirt on that said, think what believe is in you? I meant to self check out work graveyard. I'm trying to get in, trying to get out. It's my day off. I just want to go home. And this little old lady next to me sees my shirt. She goes, we have bigfoot here. I go, yeah, I know. I'm a investigator. I've been following some for a while. She goes, oh, did you know that them when the dog men are having turf wars? I'm sorry, what, Yeah? I owned a ranch outside of Scatpoose and they're always throwing rocks at each other and fighting in my yard. And I'm like, okay, I need to talk to you more. Let me hurry up check out of this. And we got to talk. Unfortunately, as I'm trying to pay for everything. She goes ahead and leaves. I couldn't find her, so I bring that to my guy's attention. Hey, this little old lady was saying, there's dogmen and there's bigfoot fighting in her yard. If her ranch is where I think it is, that is just down the road from our research location. My guys, it might just be somebody's story coyotes. We're go setter, So there's always going to be the We don't want to always put full faith in something, and you don't always want to be a full skeptic. You want to be right down in the middle. Two years ago, we're up there and we're we went back up to the abandoned house and we come down and we're like, Okay, we've got game cameras set up in our primera research area where we've been finding all the mess Why don't we go and collect those because they've been up there a months. Why don't we grab them while we're here. I've got one of one of the other investigators, she's got one of our bionic ears, and she's, oh, how does this work? This is so cool. I'll just point out the woods and we're going to go get the game camera. And we'll be right back. As she's listening, she's hearing something breathing. Me and my buddy James go down. He has a pistol, I have a knife, and I'm like, all right, just cover me. We get up there. I'm trying to take the game camera down. I look through the woods and there's a seven foot tall upright by Pete o'kanine. It's a dog man. It's peeking behind a tree staring at me. Our radio goes off from where the trucks are and they're like, there's some heavy breathing in the woods, and I'm like, I'm too scared to just touch anything. I grabbed my camera and I kind of slide back down the hillside. I'm trying to keep an eye contact with it. I end up going back to back with my buddy and I'm like, dude, there's something up on this hillside. I think it's a dog bit. He's not turning around. There's something in the creek on the other side of the road. So we start slowly backing out of there, and he's got his gun drawn. I've got my knife and I'm like, this ain't good. What's a buck knife going to do? Against one of these things. So as we get further and further down the trail, we can hear these two of them, ones on the right hand side, ones on the left hand side, and they're coming down and they're breaking trees, breaking branches. They're not being subtle about this one. People at the cars are just like dumbfound that. They're like, yeah, we could hear this thing and it's growling. We can hear it through the microphone. Is that it's coming with you. We get back, we tell everybody listen, get in the cars. We're out. We're gone. We need to leave. We need to leave now. We drive out of there, we do our little debrief in town, away from everything, and I'm like, yeah, it looks like a German shepherd, darker fur, he's got little speckles on it, seven feet tall, yellow eyes. I don't know if I want to go back up to that area again. Of course we have been that was that encounter. Okay, this is weird. It was in June when that happened, and we're like, okay, seems to follow along our thesis of when we go up in June and July, the Squatschhets seemed to have moved further up the hillside. We're like, okay, this kind of maybe can soolve that question that maybe that the dogmen are coming in and the Bigfoot are going up and over the hillside and they're abandoning this area during these summer months. The next year we go back in. We're looking at these new structures and everything, and my guys are just all excited and we're just like, man, this is really cool. This is weird. Something's building a bigger structure right here. It's cool. As we're doing that, some of my guys go further into the woods because they're trying to track some and me and my buddy are sitting there at the trucks. We're busting out the cigars. Nobody else's smokers. We're going to let them go and track. And we're sitting there and we look over and I see two of these and they're peeking behind trees, and I'm like, you see them too, right, and he goes, yeah, they're right there. They're just staring at us. That encounter was a little bit shorter because we got on the radios and told everybody, get out of the woods, come back now, we're out. We're gone. This year. We went back in July and that was a little way more nerve wracking. There was three of us. We're all armed because we're like, okay, Bigfoot, don't come around here. And that was also the day we went further up into the silver Back territory and got grouted and thrown out and chased out. We went back down to our original site, which we call the Blue Gate, and we're like, okay, we got a bad feeling when we heard before. Why don't we stop, or don't we just do a quick little check. Maybe there's some prints or something. It's fresh rain, there's mud everywhere. Let's look for some prints. Stay together, we need to get some evidence. Well, we find some footprints and they kind of lead down this little ravine and my two guys go down and I'm sitting up on top of the hillside. I'm just watching. I'm like, all right, we've already learned our lesson before. Keep a watch behind you. We don't want anything sneaking up on us. Guns in the holster. I'm just sitting there, I'm just staring at everything. We're not videotaping. We've already exhausted all of our batteries. Because we didn't think that far ahead that we were going to stop again. I happen to notice one dogmen staring out around the same area as the year prior. Then I noticed a second one. Then I know it's a third one, and I'm like, oh God, I get on the radio. I call the guys, I'm seeing some up here. So the other two guys come back up. One guy's staring at the woods. He goes, there's three of them, like, uh huh. And I'm not pointing things out to him. He's pointing. He goes, there's one over there ten o'clock, there's one at high noon, there's one over there at the one o'clock. I'm like, I'm glad you see these things. Our third guy decided he wanted to go check out and get pictures of that structure because, like I said, it's been being built up over the years. It's impressive. And as he gets in the woods, we're sitting there staring it down him. I'm like, okay, can you remember Jurassic Park and talking about raptors. You'll have one looking at you while the others flank you from the sides. And he's uh huh, and he goes for his gun and I'm like, no, no, no, let's not. Let's not draw on him right now. I got a bad feeling about this one. The third guy comes running out of the woods and he goes, there was three of them around me. He goes, I was in taking. I could hear three of them breathing. They were real close. We decided we were going to be stupid, and we're like, okay, everybody shoots target practice in this area. Why don't we just do a little bit of target practice, just maybe scare them off. We'll be loud and noxious. Somebody set up a bunch of cans. We'll shoot some cans. I just pop off a few rounds and we'll get in. We'll leave because if there's six of them because we counted three, he counted three, or there's six of them, we need to let them know, hey, we don't want you to attack us. So we popped off a couple of rounds and got back in the truck and we started back down the hillside, and we're like, okay, we showed our dominance. We popped off and shot those beer cans, and we're dominant species. And that's when a rock hit the back of the truck, and we were dumb enough to stop for a second. We're like, okay, did we kick it up. It's a rocky road. Maybe they're kicked up on the bumper or something. We're there, my buddy throwing these rocks at the bumpers. If we kicked it up from underneath. This is what it would sound like if we're thrown right at the bumper. Dun, That's what it sounded like. And it's like something through that directly at the bumper. We get back in the car and we're like, okay, let's get out of here. We're driving down the hillside. We're just doing about twenty five miles an hour. My buddy Josh is in the backseat and he's looking out the side window and he goes, there's something running beside us. I was dumb enough to roll down the window. I'm trying to get a good look at this thing, and sure enough, there's something running on all fours besides the pickup. He's locked eyes with this thing and I'm craning my neck trying to get a good view of it, and he's like, yeah, it's something furry. It's on all fours. Is keeping up with us. I'm like, James, how fast we're doing twenty five? And that's when we get hit with the smell. But it's not the squatch smell. It was a whole different level of hell smell. Again, we can't describe it, but it was bad, and the thing's keeping up with us. I got yelled at roll up the window and we picked it up, and I think we lost it about thirty five miles an hour. For what I can see, it was gray, had some black stripes on it. It was keeping up with us. It was right next to the truck. And then, of course, the following month in August, we were supposed to go back up there, but we had a rookie joining us with his daughter, and I'm like, well, you know what, let's not go up there with the young and with us because we know what sits there. So we went to another park to do another ghost investigation, and we got a picture of a dog man talking through the woods. We weren't videotaping much on that one. We were just looking for the graveside of a horse steaf that hung back in the early nineteen hundreds, and we're thinking that because of how the bigfit are moving up and down the hillside, and where they're going. We're thinking that maybe there's like the two species have got to have a migration route where they're following the deer the elk. Summer months, fish going to start coming back up the big rivers, and maybe the bigfoot are going up and over across to get some fish. Why are the dog men moving into this territory there's elk and deer. Maybe they're after We're still trying to figure that one out. But it's like we feel that when we were target practicing is when they went on high alert, because we feel that they started chasing us only after we were loud orbnoxious. We did not prove anything. We feel that it is a male and a female with the at least four puffs, and I know that the male is about seven foot tall, the females about six and a half maybe seven. Pup was a little bit smaller, about five feet the other ones I didn't see. My buddy just said that he was and he was taking pictures of this wood structure and he could hear him like in a semi circle around him moving through the brush. Dogmen not happy, happy creatures.
Speaker 2: No dog man has been one of those things that has always been very difficult for me to check a box on, and I don't want to have anything to do with it. Frankly, they scare the shit out of me. I've never heard a good story about a dog man. I'll stick to Bigfoot all right. Before we get out of here, let's talk about your podcast. Let's talk about your investigative group. Do you guys have a Facebook? How can people get in contact with you? And what can people expect when they check out your podcast?
Speaker 3: Ah, the podcast, we basically do all kinds of crazy things. We've got two of them. Actually, We've got what we call the war Room. That's a little half hour segment where we bring on investigators to discuss their experiences and what they would like to teach the next generation. Then we have Unleashed, which is an hour long where we talk about different paradormal cryptids, bring some forgotten stories to light. Those are all on the YouTube at TBK Investigations Facebook is DBK Investigation Podcaster every single Sunday night, and we do them live. We don't like a safety RT.
Speaker 2: I'll make it easy for you guys. I will link to it right here. In the show notes you guys go for and show them some love on YouTube. Check out the podcast, watch some videos, leave them some comments. Darren, thanks so much for coming on, man. I've had a blast talking about your experiences and your encounters. Man, it's been a good time talking to you.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 4: Joy this job, that chart, everything, calling get pring back, joy from me, joy, staying right you call it right away still stands, consist.
Speaker 3: In misty passes.
Speaker 1: As things
Speaker 3: Used us instances