Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ben and Skin Show. I've just returned from a summer vacation with my family. We went to Turks and Caicos, and I'm recapping things. And my wife is very frugal. She likes to save money, and God bless her for that. And so she has me in the biggest backpack you've ever seen. And I am a giant torsoed person, Like I think I'm six three and but my legs are normal length. Okay, So I think I have a long back if you've ever noticed this long back Rodgers and so.
Speaker 2: And I'm a huge mountain pear shaped man.
Speaker 1: And so when I wear a tiny backpack, my wife likes to make fun of me, like the one that has on the camera equipment and it's like a little Nike bag strip that looks ridiculous on you tiny. And so this thing was a giant suitcase with backpack straps on a giant back okay. And so I'm like, all right, and I end up packing that thing to the hill. I probably overpacked. I overpack when I go places, and so I really I didn't realize how big it was because I'm very large until it's when I first started carrying it into the airport, my back was hurting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, this this is heavy.
Speaker 1: It's like a normal it's like an above average sized suitcase with backpack straps. And so we walk in and I was like, well, wait, why are why are you bringing rolling bags?
Speaker 2: She goes, well, Grace and I are checking our bags.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, you only do carry on only if everyone is carry on only. If everyone is checking bags, then everyone checks. If anyone checks bags, everyone checks bags, because you defeat the purpose.
Speaker 2: You're waiting. No matter what, my carry on bag has rollers on it. Okay, so you could have checked it. But no, they had big suitcases.
Speaker 1: Oh no female size, Like we're taking like it's not good teamwork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, food you're going to be and Ben, you got to prepare. That's exactly my body.
Speaker 3: Take a picture of you at the giant backpack.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is the first time Max has ever disappointed me.
Speaker 1: So so I'm like, hey, look why I tried to explain it to her, like, look, if anyone checks the bag, we all check bags, and none of us do, Like that's the way to do it. Otherwise, why am I carrying a suitcase? On my back right now. This is uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: What was her explanation?
Speaker 1: She was already she already tried to save money by having us go park at the airport, And I'm like, I don't we don't even know what gate we're gonna get dropped off at, Like we'll just get a service out there, like yeah, we're trying to save nineteen dollars and so so anyways, we're waiting to board our flight, and I'm super nervous because my wife also doesn't care about like what group boarding group you're in?
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, so we're in.
Speaker 3: My wife is the last person on any plane she's ever been on.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: You got us in group six and eight out of eight groups, and first of all, our kids are in eight and we're in six.
Speaker 2: We're not even in the same group somehow. And I have a.
Speaker 1: Giant suitcase on my back, like they're gonna say, hey, I'm sorry, you got to check that. Like the plane is full, I'm gonna have to go fighting for space and overhead, and so our plane is boarding right next to another plane that's boarding, and I can barely understand what they're saying. And so I think they call group six for our flight. And so you know what the worst thing is is when people are standing in the line blocking the group from getting into the plane. I loudly start questioning all of their behavior too. I never understand why someone who's not turn it is stands and blocks the walkway.
Speaker 2: I don't get.
Speaker 1: It right, Like it's group three boarding, but the group eight people are blocking the way from everyone. And so I am pissed off about that, and so I tell my family follow me. I just heard our group called, and we're paying a king stress and I'm walking with the biggest suitcase and I turn around to make sure they're behind me.
Speaker 2: And what happens when you turn around with the giant backpack or you knock somebody over.
Speaker 1: I like hip checked somebody with my backpack.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know I felt something, but I just kept going. And is it a small Asian lady?
Speaker 1: Max goes, I apologize for you, like you smash somebody with your backpack? And I was like, and they go, where are you going? I go, I'm getting on the plane. They just called our group. He's like, what group are you in? I was like, I'm in Group six. He goes they just called group three and it was the wrong one. It was the wrong one. I was going to the wrong one. So I almost knock somebody over, and I'm carrying this giant suitcase on my back, which is way too big, like ice, I am going to need to go to see a chiropractor, Like my back is jacked now because of this thing.
Speaker 3: Then they finally got to group six. Did they make you check it in?
Speaker 1: So we go to group six and we're like, all right, kids get behind us. So we'll go check in as group six, and then we'll kind of get on the other side of the velvet rope. And then when our kids break out that they're in group eight, they're not going to separate the kids from the parents, right, so they'll just let them get on. And so that's how it worked. But you didn't have to check your bag. I did not have to check it, all right, I did not have to check it. I thought they were gonna say, yo, this is too big. Home cat Rogers vindicated. I don't think they ever really got a change. So I was blocking it.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about me being so big, you couldn't.
Speaker 1: See you already looked smaller, right, Yeah, Like like, sir, you need to check yourself in. If it was my son wearing the backpack I was wearing, it would have looked like someone.
Speaker 2: Carrying a boulder.
Speaker 1: They would be like, you can't bring that on a flight, Like we're gonna have to regauge the how much weight is on board? Uh? Anyways, that is the first of several different stories that I'll tell about this great adventure to Turks and kkos. Sorry, coming up next, KT, We're going to take some in the Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: You also returned from vacation claiming to have had a new top five favorite TV show of all time?
Speaker 2: What is it next?