Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing.
Speaker 2: Amos has something living Mon's property of all times. Yes, my bow sock on you bow down to your master. Then you did it. Then you did it? Where you did?
Speaker 3: Allowed to play? Allowed to play, Come out to play, Come to play the post the first So sun is rising, God, wake up, Wake.
Speaker 2: Up now, don't roy.
Speaker 3: We're all here to show you how jenn Witz, Hols, Glass Station k and Bot home the listen. It's a Fami mouby. Don't turn down, child, Jos, wait and see.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Are you ready to job? It's time to start the show. Plastick re Cli about Prisco.
Speaker 3: It's a Big Man Mary Show. Welcome to the working week. It's all such a war. Kick back, makes up that, up it and make it hardcore.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're with me?
Speaker 3: And then mess picked up your phone there line you're on the air.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning. It's the Big Man Morning Show.
Speaker 1: BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website that rockskmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash, Bmms six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning, Good morning, Gimpee, good more Man. We got tickets to five Finger Death Punch we'll give away. That show is on Friday, October twelfth at the Walmart Amphitheater. To get your tickets walmartamp dot com. Cody Gens is gonna be with him. Should be a good show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see what Lindsay wants to talk about.
Speaker 1: We've got fill in the blank news and we got our top five songs today. Top five songs with directions in the title Hey from listener, Where do we go from here? Top five songs with directions in the title from listener, Where do we go from here? And if you have a song list you'd like to put together, send it over to us.
Speaker 2: Show at kmod dot com.
Speaker 1: Show at kmo d dot com. I was watching this video online and it showed a guy talking about his buddy and he went to lunch with his buddy. But he sits down and he's like, I'm leaving my wife, I'm not happy, goes into all these details. They have their lunch and as they're getting up to walk away, and he's like, hey, don't tell your wife.
Speaker 2: He told his buddy not to tell his buddy's wife. Correct, okay, because he doesn't want his buddy's wife blabbing it to his old lady, right, makes sense, to which the guy was like, too late. Was he texting her in the middle of life? Apparently?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Apparently?
Speaker 1: And I feel like I should just go ahead and put this out there now for everyone, any of my friends listening.
Speaker 2: I'm team wife. I'm not team you. Yeah, I would like to think that most people are.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, I'm telling my wife even if you tell me not to, because I like having sex with her.
Speaker 2: Right Do you think do you think she would withhold if, like, say I told you something, I'm like, don't tell your old lady about this, right? And she pressures you and you're like, no, sworn to secrecy.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. It's not more of she will withhold. It's I'm honest with my wife about stuff. And if I'm hiding your affair or you're leaving or whatever, she's not gonna think that's awesome, right, And so I'm telling her. Matter of fact, I've almost written the full text as we're sitting here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel a lot of people would be like that. Tell their spouse, if anything, just to get that juicy gossip out right.
Speaker 1: My wife is my gossip person. I gossip everything with her, and she gossips.
Speaker 2: Everything with me.
Speaker 1: And if you tell me you're, you know, gonna join the French lesionaire, Okay, but I'm telling my wife right, and we're gonna talk about it. We may laugh at you, we may be confused, we may celebrate you. An array of emotions will happen.
Speaker 2: Who he wanted to join the French born legion I don't get it right.
Speaker 1: I tried to pick something clearly none of my friends would ever do, or anybody I know would ever.
Speaker 2: Do you know what Gimpy told me he's leaving the show to go join Green Peace White.
Speaker 1: What First of all, let's let's play that out. I would tell my wife, listen to this lie. Gimpy told me, right, he's just making something up instead of being honest, trying to trying to soften the blue by saying he's going to join green Look here, look at me here green Peace? Why would he join green peace? Meanwhile he's robbing you in the front.
Speaker 2: For the bag. Probably the bag.
Speaker 1: But the comment section of this video was ripping this guy apart. The whole bros Before hose thing was in effect.
Speaker 2: You know who says that men who wink hoes right or don't like their girls right? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Seventeen year old kids?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I think I hear a lot more chads and brads than I do seventeen year old Okay, I don't hang out with a last seventeen year olds, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thank you for clearing that up. Yeah, because right now I was on the fence. Does he really hang out with a lot of nine year olds? None? Uh once in a while. My niece not help anybody, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay yeah. And it's it's not just her and I, right, it's like a family thing as it should be. The cost.
Speaker 1: I but the people just tearing this guy up that he and you're like, well, you know whatever, man. I always love seeing stories of people, are people sharing their stuff and people just annihilating them in the comments section and the person you know, coming back later afterwards, going listen.
Speaker 2: Right, trying to defend themselves. No, not explaining, you're wasting your breath. I don't even mess with it, right if you're going to say something negative in the cond okay, okay, because I think when when you come back to the comments, either telling somebody to piss up a rope or you know, trying to defend yourself, it just it's not a good look. Man. Just let it go. Let it go. But people do that a lot. People get in like the comments.
Speaker 1: You read a spell like, let's pull this back a little bit. When a girl, like a famous girl, posts a picture of her in a bikini whatever, any girl and the guy's like, oh baby, like a guy will go on there and type yum yum, get yourself some some sort of comment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I could never do that.
Speaker 1: I could never bring myself to comment on something like that.
Speaker 2: One. Let's just go through a scenario.
Speaker 1: I don't want gimpie making fun of me for doing that, do you know what I mean? As I would, as you should, as you should. Obviously, I wouldn't want my wife seeing it. I wouldn't want my kids whenever they decide to go investigate all the things that ever commented.
Speaker 4: On could single you make a comment?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: I remember when Twitter first came out and people were using it, yeah right, And one of the things you would do is you would see people like standing a flight delayed with an airlining. They'd make a post and comment right right, yeh. And I remember being like, oh, yeah, this is what people do.
Speaker 2: This is a human thing.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: And I did it and I got crushed by my friend and I was like, I'm just I thought that's right.
Speaker 2: And it was that day decided to never use social media. Don't touch the stove twice. It's not a far leap.
Speaker 5: Like Twitter was like an online diary, not an online diary.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't treat it like a diary.
Speaker 1: I didn't put everything out there, but it was a way when things were not going well, you could do that. And I just remember being like, e right, right, that's not I won. I wasn't trying to get your attention.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to share my line.
Speaker 1: I was trying to see if I could fix this thing I'm dealing with.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you thought like the airline was going to be like, oh holy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I too can be an online influence like you see people do that and you see them get results. And now people just jump to that automatically. They don't even call the customer service line or no, they go straight like that.
Speaker 2: Everything's on social media nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one, no young me, No, no, no, no, no. It's just it's like lurking.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like being at the target standing outside the dressing room going yeah.
Speaker 2: You look good, honey.
Speaker 1: Voyeurism, I mean not voyeurism. You're not looking into the dressing room. You're waiting for them to come out and commenting on them.
Speaker 2: I see you brought in a pair of jeans. I bet you look good in them. I'll be right here waiting. Things I would do to you, you know, if you want to try them panties on real quick, I'll let you. If I weren't married. Oh god, god god, yes, you would satisfy here with the same three pumps you do your old lady, get out of here, listen.
Speaker 1: You just keep the disappointment there. It's kind of like you. Guys do this in many things. They do it like with football is a great example. Ah, fighting is another great one. You see comments to fighters like why didn't you do X?
Speaker 2: On Oh, you should have done this.
Speaker 1: Why are you not running the route? Why didn't you throw the ball?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? And I love it when we be sitting around, like especially during football season, We'll be sitting at the pump. We'll be watching a game and somebody be like, why are they running the ball? Why don't you just throw it? And I'm like, well, why don't you go ahead, strap some pads on real quick and run down there. Show them how it's done with a forty four year old, out of shape ass Why are they not blocking? I don't know, maybe it wasn't their assignment. If you think you could do better, go try out for them. Show these elite athletes how you would do it, Tubby, Tubby. But I can't say anything because I'm just as bad as the rest of them. You're just getting into the game.
Speaker 1: It's why the movie The Best of Times is still a fantastic movie.
Speaker 2: Oh I've ever seen this? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So nineteen eighty six, Kurt Russell, Robin Williams uh and is it Kurt Russell's wife? What's her name, Goldiehan? I think she's in it too, maybe and they are. Kurt Russell was the high school stud He was the quarterback and Robin Williams went to catch the pass but dropped it, and it's just haunted Robin Williams his whole life. And he went on to be like, I don't know, some sort of accounting or something like that. And Kurt Russell had a mediocre job and was fine with, you know, living his life. But they relived this all the time, consonant, consonant, constantly, and Robin Williams convinced is Kurt Russell to come back and they replay that game, getting the guys from that school they played to also play in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the moment of redemption. It's on to me. You don't say so I knew what I'm going to be with Jesus. You don't say it is a fantastic movie. Yeah, she's not in it. No, Pamela red Holly Palance, Linda Hart. I don't know if that means anything to you.
Speaker 1: Pamela Reid. You'll know she was in a lot of movies.
Speaker 2: But she's got kind of a she's kind of got a voice like this. Kirk Cameron's in it. I did not know that. I don't remember that. Yeah, apparently so he plays Teddy.
Speaker 1: But it is it is a It is a fantastic movie making fun of those type of people.
Speaker 2: That's fun. I want to have to check this out.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's so good.
Speaker 2: Not have so that. Maybe it's not. It was good at the time. It was. It was good at the time.
Speaker 1: I remember that as a great movie and just the idea, and especially if you grew up in a small town and high school football was everything right, and you thought that person was going to be something and they were gonna play at the NFL and all that, and no.
Speaker 2: No, never went to college. But yet they still hang on to that moment. Oh yeah, for the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: Right, the old county running back state champ. Yeah, four touchdowns in a single game.
Speaker 5: Man, God, what are we referencing, Lindsay, was that Napoleon Dynamite. No, because I was thinking I could throw it past those mountains.
Speaker 2: And throw a football over the mountain. Yeah, of coach would have just put me in. We would have taken a state. That's right, that's Napoleon Dynamite. What we are referencing to is.
Speaker 1: Way better, yes, legendary, more cult classic than Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 2: Changed the whole scenery of an entire network.
Speaker 1: Created a career to be this into you know, at least one of them. She became this person, Yeah, another character on the show. When she finally wasn't that character, people were.
Speaker 2: Like, who's this exactly? And even the guy who scored four touchdowns in a single.
Speaker 1: Game at Polk County you see him Polk High School, polp okay, uh you see him and other things, and you're like, hey, that's all you think of, is that one particular character?
Speaker 2: Still not worrying about Oh God, what about Marcy? But it's a guy. Marcy wasn't a guy. I thought Marcy was a guy. She looked like a guy. Total lesbian. Now Darcy Marcy Darcy, Marcy Darcy, Marcy's first name Darcy, last name Marcy. Darcy was married to Steve Steve Darcy Steve Steve Laft married with children, yes, and then she married Jefferson the Boys Jefferson. Jefferson took Marcy Darcy's last name because he's a bitch. And Jefferson, I believe was the stud jock on Revenge of the Nerves. He was, and he's also the really great character in Shrinking on Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Which is probably his best role yet.
Speaker 1: I think he's that type of character that every time he's in something, you're he's very memorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And whatever happened to Marcy Darcy? What that was like? She was done after Married with Children?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she went on to, uh do a whole bunch of nothing. To be honest with you, I've kind of done some research follow up on, like where they're at now.
Speaker 1: Really sort of thing taking a dump, Like it doesn't sound like some of you you set out today, like, Yeah, I'm a two new list, I gets the sticky note, feed the dogs.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at nowadays. Look up Amanda Beierce and see what she's doing. Yeah, apparently her and Ed O'Neil did not get along on the show at all whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's called that's a common star conflict because every time she came on people went crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so with him and he didn't like that. Yeah. Yeah, so total lesbian doing you know, I'm driving around in Subaru or something. Hell, I don't know. Let's see.
Speaker 1: After TV after Married with Children, she did the Earth Day special.
Speaker 2: Sorry I shouldn't laugh. Earth Day is very important. She didn't do anything so listen to this.
Speaker 1: In TV, she did a one time appearance on All My Children, She did a one time appearance on the TV show Hotel, which was a great TV show back in the eighties, and then she did two hundred and fifty nine episodes un Married with Children and thirty one of them as the director.
Speaker 2: And then she did the Earth Day Special.
Speaker 1: Then she did one episode of Likely Suspects, and then one episode of Nikki, then one episode of Drop Dead Diva, and then one episode of Anger Management and that's it. Yeah, how do you go two hundred and sixty episodes on a show that.
Speaker 2: Is a long time. Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: You can be like, well, I should be able to make something happen out of this.
Speaker 2: Nope. Could it be possible that she was type cast as Marcie Darcy and couldn't fit into anything else? Maybe, but on one of those she could not unless she could. Ed O'Neill did it. Yeah, that is true. But Ed O'Neil's done a lot more than just a Manda Burst Beers whatever. I mean, he did Dutch, He's been in so many different movies. But that's what I'm saying. He worked through that. Yeah, Yeah, it's like she didn't even try.
Speaker 1: Katie Sigal was typecasted in that and it really wasn't. In Futurama kind of helped her, but nobody saw her. But it wasn't until she was Gemma right where people are like, okay, this is legit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's her net worth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gotta be maybe one hundred thousand. I would say at most three point fifty.
Speaker 5: Well, because it looks like she has actually went on to direct quite a bit of stuff.
Speaker 2: Some maybe she's one of those doing behind the scenes sort of things. Acting wasn't for me, but I am a great director.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't list of the directing on this page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she directed episodes of Riba Mad TV to.
Speaker 4: Malcolm and Eddie, so.
Speaker 2: Again something at that time. Yeah, right, But recently recently she directed The SuperM Donor what oh that's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's a lesbian. She teamed with Rosie o'donald Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Sizarin in My super No supers aren't think enough not for Rosie right. Hey, superro is a great car you can make fun of. All you want is a legitimate car. Yeah, they're the savist cars on the planet. Yeah, and reliable good resale. Yes, their interface sucks though, however, okay with Melissa Ethric, No, no, no, that's an option. All right.
Speaker 1: We got tickets to five Finger Death Punch that we're gonna give away.
Speaker 2: We'll do that here. Coming up in a little bit. We gotta take a break. Don't go anywhere. It's time for news quiggies. World news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's corby Gimbi and Lindsay with What's going on news quiggies from the Big Med Morning showing nineties on the five.
Speaker 5: Women arrested near golf resorts after a fireball fueled fairway drive. This happened in Polk County, Florida, where a Palmetto woman faces multiple charges after deputy's founder sitting beside her crashed car near a local golf resort surrounded by dozens of empty and open miniature alcohol bottles, so the Sheriff's office responded to a single vehicle crash. This happened May fourteenth, at around oh just just before seven pm, near the stream Song golf resort close to Bowling Green.
Speaker 4: Upon arrival, a.
Speaker 5: Deputy discovered a red twenty eighteen Hundai positioned on a sidewalk with a woman sitting next to it. Authorities identified the woman as thirty four year old Erica Mayor. While Mayor was uninjured, responding deputies noted that she was incoherent, she lacked balance, and she had slurred speech. A witness at the scene reported observing Mayor driving her vehicle across one of the resorts golf courses prior to the arrival of law enforcement, and according to deputy's Mayor stated she had not consumed any alcohol, though they smell it all over her, on her breath on her clothes. A subsequent search of her vehicle revealed an unopened ten pack of fifty milli liter fireball cinnamon whiskey bottles, twenty one open fifty millileter bottles a fireball, and two empty fifty millileter bottles of ninety nine brand liquors. She refused to participate in the standardized field sobriety tests and declined to provide a breathalyzer. Investigators noted that she claimed her refusal was based on advice from friends and social media platforms.
Speaker 2: Yeah was always always deny.
Speaker 4: She was arrested and booked into jail.
Speaker 2: Uh hot take. Yeah, fireball's not that good.
Speaker 1: No, A lot of people. Yeah, goll Linsey.
Speaker 5: I mean I feel like there's a time and place for it if you want to get there your twenties.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: First statement that too much sugar is what it is. Yeah, it is too much.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I'll take a shot and I'll do. But I don't live off of it like some people do. Right to buy that many and many ones is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are great to take with you, put them in your pocket whatever, d but you got to put in your pocket in case you got you don't want to carry around. It's not a breathment for some people. Yeah, for some people it's nottick. Then you need to seek help.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: So when she was booked, she's been charged with driving under the influence uh d UI, with property damage, and refusing to submit to a DUI test. They also issued citations for failure to drive in a single lane and possession of an open container within the vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want a text bookcase on how to get arrested, that's it for sure.
Speaker 2: Man told deputies that Holy Spirit told to set his apartment on fire. He comes out of West Palm Beach, Florida. On Sunday, fifty seven year old guy named Jeffrey Napp apparently went over to his neighbor's house and asked for an apple. When she told him that she didn't have any, that's when he got pissed off started cutting his hair off right there, letting it just fall straight to the ground. Well about an hour later, well less than an hour later, anyway, smoke alarms go off. Firefighters have to come in break the door down of his house, and that's where they find him sitting in the middle of a smoke filled apartment, token on a cigarette, got a gas burner, melting a pile of electronics papers, and a battery right there on stove. He told police that he burned the Bible because the Holy Spirit commended it. Well, they escorted him out of the building, and on his way out, he started yelling profanity. He's at the neighbor who called for help. Old Jeffrey here was charged with first degree arson, property damage, and interfering with a firefighter. One. He's only six years older than me. Two. Two. I imagine it sounded something more like this pop Holy wear.
Speaker 1: It based off the mugshot I'm making that a sign. Yeah, we've talked about this story before, but it has come to the final stages. It with sentencing, but the headline always splashes man sentence for throwing puppies from a car.
Speaker 2: A Utah man.
Speaker 1: Pled guilty to throwing six puppies from a moving car will spend time behind bars. Memphis, get fase dogs out of here. Lore was sentence money to one hundred and twenty five days in jail. Prosecutors say he threw the animals from his vehicle on US eighty nine back in twenty twenty three. Two of the young dogs were killed and a third was seriously injured. Their mother was later found abandoned on the side of the road. A man must also pay fines and restitution and probation once he completes his sentence. I don't think twenty five days is enough. It's pretty menacing.
Speaker 2: That's what. Just over four months? Right? If he does all of that, if he does all of his time, Yeah, four months? What I mean, what do you think is a good amount of time for a year? A year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many puppies did he throw out the window? Six? Two months for every puppy. I don't hate that. I don't how many of them died? Two of them? Okay, yeah, I don't hate that. I don't hate six months, a year, a year. I think a year is good. A year and a hefty fine. And you can't own any animals anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're not allowed any.
Speaker 2: Animals at all, whatsoever. It doesn't matter if it's cat, dog, durbil, hamster, whatever.
Speaker 4: I think two years since two of them died, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense. I mean took two lives. Sure, I think the idea, Yeah, puppy lives are worth one. You're sure?
Speaker 1: I think the idea that he got in his car, drove through one drove through and you know what I mean like that's that you had many opportunities to go What am I doing?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Do you know how hard it is to be driving and to lift a box of puppies up to the windows? You how kind of CARDI Have you ever tried to move a box in front of you while you're driving?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And if he's have got one of those new camaros where like the windows are chopped and you can't fit a bucket of chicken through there. You can't just shove a box of puppies out right.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about just shoving, you know, tossing the whole box an open air jeep that would have been much easier or convertible. He just feels like some sort of uh, convertible type of individual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the sea bring. Uh yeah, what's the one? The PT Cruiser?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you know, isn't that what Michael Scott drove?
Speaker 2: A little convertible PT Cruiser?
Speaker 4: Yes, I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog, you know you're in for a good date.
Speaker 2: If your man pulls up in that, hey, baby.
Speaker 1: Hair's totally slicked back, right, it has to.
Speaker 2: Be or off. It's gonna be blown everywhere because you got the top down.
Speaker 1: Probably wearing shoes with no socks, flip flops with socks.
Speaker 2: Uh nah, no, nah nah, you're going in the wrong direction. Everybody who wears socks with crocs or whatever knows they don't look good, right, but they know that. Yeah, we do it out of comfort.
Speaker 1: People that you know, wear a flowery shirt button unbuttoned down to show their chest hair and a PT cruiser they think they look Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I feel like there has to be a gold chain in there somewhere too. Yeah, or well, across, of course, because he's a holy man, got his holes. That's true, all right. We got to take a break. We'll be backs.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this story before, but it has come to the final stages with sentencing. But the headline always splashes man sentence for throwing puppies from a car. A Utah man pled guilty to throwing six puppies from a moving car will spend time behind bars.
Speaker 2: Memphis, get thase dogs out of here.
Speaker 1: Lore was sentenced money to one hundred and twenty five days in jail. Prosecutors say he threw the animals from his vehicle on US eighty nine back in twenty twenty three. Two of the young dogs were killed and a third was seriously injured. Their mother was later found abandoned on the side of the road. The man must also pay fines and restitution and probation once he completes his sentence.
Speaker 2: I don't think one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and twenty five days is enough. It's pretty menacing.
Speaker 2: That's what just over four months, right, if he does all that, if he does all of his time, yeah, four months, what I mean, what do you think is a good amount of time for a year? A year? Yeah, how many puppies did he throw out the window? Six two months for every puppy. I don't hate that. I't how many of them died? Two of them? Okay, yeah, I don't hate that. I don't hate six months, a year, a year. I think a year is good. A year and a hefty fine. And you can't own any animals anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're not allowed any.
Speaker 2: Animals at all, whatsoever, It doesn't matter if it's cat, dog, gurbil, hamster, whatever.
Speaker 4: I think two years since two of them died.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that makes sense. I mean took two lives. Sure, I think the idea, yeah, are worth one, you're sure?
Speaker 1: I think the idea that he got in his car drove through one drove through. And you know what I mean like that's that you had many opportunities to go.
Speaker 2: What am I doing exactly? Do you know how hard it is to be driving and to lift a box of puppies up to the windows? How kind of CARDI Have you ever tried to move a box in front of you while you're right? And if you's have got one of those new camaros where like the windows are chopped and you can't fit a bucket of chicken through there. You can't just shove a box of puppies out right.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about just shoving, you know, tossing the whole box. An open air jeep that would have been much easier or convertible. He just feels like some sort of uh, convertible type of individual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the sea bring. Uh yeah, what's the one? The PT Cruiser?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you know, isn't that what Michael Scott drove? A little convertible PT Cruiser? Yes, yeah, dog, you know you're in for a good date.
Speaker 2: If your man pulls up in that hey, baby.
Speaker 1: Hair's totally slicked back, right, it has.
Speaker 2: To be or off. It's gonna be blown everywhere because you got the top now, probably wearing shoes with no socks, flip flops.
Speaker 1: With socks us no, no, no, you're going in the wrong direction. Anybody who wears socks with crocs or whatever knows they don't look good, right, but they know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do it out of comfort.
Speaker 1: People that you know, wear a flowery shirt button unbuttoned down to show their chest hair and a PT cruiser they think they look Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I feel like there has to be a gold chain in there somewhere too, yeah, or well across of course, because he's a holy man, got's holes, that's true.
Speaker 5: Morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn. Be ready to rock the bank at eight o'clock this morning. Listen for your first keyword, and then when you hear it, to enter it on a line at kmod dot com for your chance at one thousand dollars. You've got thirteen chances throughout the day to win up until eight o'clock tonight. That bucks could be yours when you rock the bank.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Good morning, gimpye, Well, good morning Corman. I want to give you an opportunity to go play pick a ball with Weezer. Not only that, we're going to hook you up with round trip airfare at two nights stay, premium seats, not those cheap seats, premium seats to see them at the Barclay Center, along with two hundred dollars cash. Oh yeah, by the way, you get to play pick a ball with Weezer. How do you get on all that? Well, that's pretty sample. Just click on the contest tab right there on the free iHeartRadio. All right, let's see what Lindsay's got.
Speaker 6: Lin Linen, Linsen, Linzen, ln DSc why Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey ndsby Mency.
Speaker 5: So apparently there is a lot of American foods that the rest of the world I think are just awful, repulsive even, And there's a list out there, and according to Reddit, it's an awfully big list.
Speaker 4: There is a.
Speaker 5: The question was, does the US have a weird food that sounds disgusting but is delicious?
Speaker 2: Okra, No, it's not. No, that's why you don't see in the grocery store.
Speaker 5: It actually does sound good, but it's horrible. It doesn't sound disgusting to me.
Speaker 1: Phonetically, it sounds good. Ok Rah, Yeah, I get that, but not like cheese or chocolate.
Speaker 2: Right right right, nobody says, say okra, before we take the picture.
Speaker 4: Right Nope.
Speaker 5: One guy says that when I lived in Ireland, the first question people asked me upon hearing was that I was American, was do you actually eat pumpkin pie?
Speaker 4: They thought it sounded awful?
Speaker 2: It is awful, Well, you don't spice it up, Yeah, it's squash. Say that with any food. That's true statement. Any food without seasoning is.
Speaker 5: But like this American they say, it's their favorite dessert. No, I wouldn't say it's my favorite dessert, but I do love them. I love pumpkin pie. I won't pass on a piece of it at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: So it ranks number one in the pie world for you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say number one, but I would definitely say top five.
Speaker 2: I could agree with that statement. Top five pies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he can has to be.
Speaker 1: Number one, though, m not for me.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: This person said meat loaf gets a lot of flak, but done well, it's amazing meat.
Speaker 2: A loaf of meat is delicious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think meat some one of those things. When it's done well, it is good. Yeah, but it's very easy. I've had many bad meat loafts.
Speaker 2: Again, much like we were talking about earlier, like all the foods, if you don't season it up right in any form at all whatsoever, Yeah, it's disgusting. Yeah, but you really got to add it up. Yeah, but if you think about it, like go with hamburgers, right, you season your patties right when you throw them on. You don't just throw the raw meat on the grill. Padd eat up and throw the meat on the grill and cook a plain like that. So I mean even just a little bit of salt makes a difference. Yes, But a steak you just do salt and pepper call it a day. Yeah, But a hamburger you've got to add a bun, You've got to add mustard, you gotta do all the cheese, you gotta do all these things to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are boiled peanuts? Is that an American thing?
Speaker 2: It is a Southern thing.
Speaker 4: I've never had them.
Speaker 2: They're fine. Yeah, they're just peanuts, soft peanuts, peanuts. They're very flaccid. Yeah, Lindsay's one of those ones like myself that eats them showing all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I used to. I'm not supposed to anymore eat peanuts at all.
Speaker 2: And I wonder why peanuts.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, but someone says it sounds terrible, but it's delicious one made right, Yeah, the classic PB and J. People in the UK find it strange and think it's probably disgusting.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the UK version of a PB and J would be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure, but it is a phenomenal sandwich.
Speaker 4: It's so easy. Normally it's it's always in your cupboard.
Speaker 2: That's something I've recently gotten back into as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 5: We recently got a panini maker only because we want.
Speaker 4: Right right now.
Speaker 2: I was not expecting that. No.
Speaker 5: We we played bingo at at the at school one night they had a little fundraiser and they had one and.
Speaker 4: We were like, oh, a little panini maker. Sure.
Speaker 5: Our kids are always making like the grilled cheese sandwiches. That would be fun for them. And I do the peanut butter and jellies on that. If you haven't had the hot peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 4: Try it.
Speaker 1: The problem with the panini is the bread kind of slides around. It's kind of it's a project.
Speaker 5: You have to get it correctly on that machine for not to move.
Speaker 2: I am going to go out on a limb and I'm going to say I've never had a paninium of life. I mean, I've never ordered one. It's a toasted sandwich.
Speaker 4: It is. That's the end of the lines on your bread.
Speaker 1: That's basically all smushes the bread down and you have to have If you use like house.
Speaker 2: Bread, it gets really squished.
Speaker 1: If you use like a different a denser bread, like a chab butter or something, it cooks a little bit different. Okay, it's like a project. It's a toasted sandwich.
Speaker 4: Sour dough is the best for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rocky Mountain oysters, testicles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, those are Those are good. But again, like everything else, you have to season it because just plain bull balls are not good.
Speaker 1: I think people are faking. They like these because they make it. They think they believe it makes them sound like tough or strong. It's such a weird masochist thing to do, to be like, hey, I'm gonna eat this and it's gonna make me be manly, but it happens to be something that shouldn't be associated with being It's bizarre.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've had them several times in my life of different forms, shapes and sciences. It sounds really gay when I say it out loud, to my point, but they're good. Every time that I've had them, they are good. First time I ever had them, my aunt Donna, because they had a cattle farm, you know, made them, and I didn't know what they were until I saw my cousin Clint out there cleaning them and he's like, you know what that is? I was like no, and he holds in his hand and he rolls it around a little bit and he's like, what's that look like to you? And I was like, well, it looks like balls, and he's like, that's exactly what they are. And I was like, oh god. So then Donna man, she goes in and batters him up and fries him up. She's like, you're trying. It's like, Okay, that wasn't mad. Kaz Is Downtown has a really good set of of of Rocky Mountain oysters that you can get a little smaller than what I was expected, but typically it's the breading you think is good true, much like any fried good. Yeah, any fried food, it's the batter, the breading.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's they say that deep fried are the best way. I personally the only time people have them any other way.
Speaker 2: I don't have.
Speaker 5: The first time I ever had them was a Rocky Mountain oyster stew.
Speaker 2: Huh ew, let's take something make it worse. It was who wants to see that.
Speaker 1: Thing floating in a bowl of water with some Oh, created no it should be.
Speaker 5: No, Oh it was delicious. I had no idea what I was eating, Like, I didn't, I've never.
Speaker 2: Had Yeah, it was your first time, we believe it was really really weird, familiar, never done this, it's this is new for me.
Speaker 5: In Alligator tail isn't hard to find at restaurants in Florida, especially at seafood places that cater to tourists.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: They say, while it's not something I'd eat every day, it's not bad. It's flaky like fish, but taste a lot like chicken. I don't like that comment. It tastes a lot like chicken. I think everything, yeah, exactly, and.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hot take.
Speaker 1: People just say that for anything. I agree it doesn't taste like chicken. Just they just say that to minimalize it.
Speaker 5: I will agree that it can be flaky like fish, but I would say that the texture of it is more like pork. Okay more so than or tastes like chicken. It's more of pork.
Speaker 2: Like I've had gator a few times at the fair here. I had it when me and my buddy Chip went down to Florida. We stopped at a restaurant and it was on the media and it was all right again, much like the Rocky Mountain Oysters, y oak or anything fried. It's in the it's in the breading. Yeah again. I think people are faking. They like it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let's see the garbage plate in Rochester, New York.
Speaker 2: That's like, well, there's something with like everything on it, right, like chicken fried steak with everything on it or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 5: This one says macaroni salad, home fries, two cheeseburger patties, meat sauce, ketchup, mustard, onions.
Speaker 4: They say it's delicious.
Speaker 2: I think my brother and I tried to make that once and it was it was just all right, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would assume seasonings there. Pickled kelp, well, pickled kelp really popular in Alaska.
Speaker 2: Because that they don't have anything else to eat. Yeah, like we ran out of moose, we get some of that kelp. I've had kelp. It's fine. I don't know if it was pickled or not. It's just like eating this. If you've ever had a seaweed salad, it's it's the same thing. It's fine. It's a green right, And in this case the pickling would be what makes it good that the seasoning is.
Speaker 5: I'm not a huge pickled fan much of anything really. My grandfather used to eat pickled herring.
Speaker 2: You like sour kraut.
Speaker 4: On on a ruben.
Speaker 2: I do like pickles themselves.
Speaker 5: I like the bread and butter chips, pickled sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm not just gonna sit down and be like, oh, I'm craving a pickle right now.
Speaker 1: No, kim Me and I were just talking about how often we crave a pickle.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like I could go for a good pickle, good girkin. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oysters and a half shell.
Speaker 2: I think that's another one people think they like.
Speaker 5: I like them in a half shell. However, the smoked oysters in a can.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I can. I can eat my weight in them some bitches. Man, I'll tell you what they're good now, I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: Maybe the smoked ones are good, But on the half shell, it's whatever you mix with it.
Speaker 2: That makes a horse radish catch up. Whatever that is.
Speaker 5: Chitlins, oh god, sorry, Fried pig intestines.
Speaker 2: No, no bueno, not for me, Not for me.
Speaker 4: How about gizzards, fried chicken stomachs.
Speaker 2: Nope, no, I can get down on some chicken livers. Though.
Speaker 1: Now, growing up we would on Thanksgiving we would make gizzard gravy where you would, you know, use the neck and all the parts and stuff, and growing up, but now as I'm older, it's so good. I don't know if it's the memory association, but if I get just regular gravy it's good too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, anytime, like when Thanksgiving comes around, I'll pull the neck out, I'll pull the gizzards and energy, and I say I wanna make a gravy out of it. I never do. I just have this weird turkey neck sitting at my fridge for about three days.
Speaker 5: Okay, how about uh scrapple in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Like the game nuts scrabble, this is scrapple.
Speaker 5: It is pork trimmings mixed with a binder like flour, corn meal, some spices, then formed into a loaf good for frying and eating with eggs and toast.
Speaker 1: That looks disgusting, sure does. Yeah that's a not meat loaf. It is a loaf of meat yeast.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, I'm good on that. Again.
Speaker 1: This is like a poor person food when you don't have money, and it just brings back memories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, you're right.
Speaker 5: So Moses, our exchange student, his he's been here almost a full year. He leaves on May thirtieth, and he doesn't understand gravy. He does not get gravy, like, he doesn't understand why we like it. He's tried it and will he refuses. He just doesn't get the American gravy.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's anything that boy is going to take back with him right so far as like, man, I don't have this in Australia. We've never done it before, but I thoroughly think this is awesome. I'm taking it with me like gravy. But clearly he doesn't get gravy right.
Speaker 5: The first time he tried it was biscuits and gravy, and he was so confused by the meal itself.
Speaker 2: It is a odd breakfast meal, but it is it is, I know right, right, sausage.
Speaker 4: His first question was, how do I eat.
Speaker 2: This because it's a biscuit right.
Speaker 5: Uh huh yeah, and then he thought, do I have to eat it that way? That's what he asked after he tried it, and he does. He wasn't a fan. And then mashed potatoes and gravy he couldn't do it. So every time we've made mashed potatoes in the house, he's just always eaten his mashed potatoes dry.
Speaker 2: Raw dogs, yeah a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The one thing that he has said that he's going to miss the most when it comes to food in America is Canes.
Speaker 2: Canes chick chicken. Yep, they don't have like a fried chicken setup like that.
Speaker 5: They do, but he said that many places in Australia has tried to duplicate canes and they just can't do it. So that has been his favorite fast food joint.
Speaker 1: Take the franchise back with him enough, he can start one, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: He's eighteen.
Speaker 5: And then his second favorite, I think was Popeyes. He likes their chicken sandwich. And then one of Gimpee's favorite Jack in the Box. He likes that place, followed by I think Wendy's. But yeah, he loves the canes. He's gonna miss that place the most.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he does not like gravy turkey tetrazini. He likes that dish. Yeah, okay, I mean, what's wrong with that one? That one's good?
Speaker 2: Well, Turkey's not good. Let's just start with that.
Speaker 4: You're not a fan in Turkey A lot.
Speaker 2: Of people aren't. You only eat it once a year.
Speaker 4: Or on turkey sandwiches. He doesn't like ham.
Speaker 1: Once in a while, I'm taking hammer roast beef over a turkey sandwich any day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: For him, it's got to be cooked. He'll either do it in a like a hot ham and cheese, which they call toasties, or like a ham cooked actual ham dinner, but not cold sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Ham's another thing that people only eat, like once a year, ham and turkey.
Speaker 1: Well, you eat ham sandwiches. A lot of people eat ham for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'll give you.
Speaker 4: That, Like ham steak, Yeah, I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chopped ham and amina. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: The kid eats barbecue sauce on just about everything any kind.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's his ketchup. Yeah it's good, yeah.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 5: But if there is an American food that you just can't stand, Oh, another one on here with squirrel.
Speaker 4: That was the last one, and nobody e's squirrel.
Speaker 5: No. I think it's disgusting, but they say that it's great lightly breaded, pan fried, or smothered in mushroom gravy.
Speaker 2: No, did they pull citizens in deep woods of West Virginia.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just not a common I'm not saying people don't eat it.
Speaker 2: It's just not a common meal.
Speaker 1: No, No, you don't go to restaurants and you can sell me on the the you know the balls right here, Fried you can get those in restaurants, But the squirrel is just a very rare item that barely anyone eats.
Speaker 5: Right Yeah, either text it or hop on that talkback mic and let us know if there is an American food that you find disgusting.
Speaker 6: Linzen Linzen Linzen Linzen l and DS one Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey and d s y Manny.
Speaker 1: Can you feel that time to play a game because we've got tickets to give away. Five Finger Death Punch is gonna be at the Walmart Antitheater on Friday, October twelfth. Can your ticket's Walmart amp dot com. And we're gonna play a game right now. It is Wednesday, so pick the flip. Current record is Welsea, I.
Speaker 2: Am leading with seven and you guys are tied with six.
Speaker 1: Last week's winter that would be me so Corbyn and Lindsay eight three three four six oh kmod eight three three four six oh kmod. We're gonna read some clues. You gotta guess what's on the card. If you get it right, you get a point. Whoever gets the most point points is going to win those tickets to five finger Death Punch.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Jasmine.
Speaker 2: Hey Jasmine, how are you? Are you good? What category? I'm sorry? Who would you like to give? Clues? Lindsay or Corbyn?
Speaker 4: Lindsay?
Speaker 1: All right, sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Here we go.
Speaker 4: Will Ferrell goes streaking in the courtyard. We're gonna go striking. Nope, nope, Uh, the opposite of New.
Speaker 5: Yes, this has got Tom Hanks and his neighbors. They suspect our killing people and burning them in the basement, and the rest of the neighbors.
Speaker 4: Are are are are.
Speaker 5: Are trying to figure it out. They're investigating it. It's an older movie.
Speaker 4: From the late Yeah, I'm so sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 5: This is a double Pointer and m Night Shyamalan movie from a few years ago. It's in the woods and uh, it's an apocalyptic movie and it's got a wrestler in it, and it's about a family that is living or vacationing and.
Speaker 1: Time time time, time, time one is what you got, Jasmine, But it may be good enough for the win. We've done this before and people have one with one, so don't fret just yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, thank you, you're welcome. Man. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? Justin? How are you today? Is that the same guy from yesterday? I think it is man, Justin? You should stop playing or get to a place where you can. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name? That's cool. We've got to beat one. Are you ready? Let's do it? Let's do it. Pass Uh.
Speaker 1: This is a John Grisham movie that was turned into a book and it stars Matthew McConaughey. He is a lawyer in the South. Sandra Bullock is his assistant.
Speaker 2: Lincoln lawyer. No, no, no, Well, a watch on your hand does what it tells. It's time to feel There you go.
Speaker 1: This is a Jennifer Lopez and she is getting abused by her husband and she has to try and get away from him and train. It takes place in San Francisco. Finish the sentence, Finish the sentence, Finish the sentence.
Speaker 2: Eight is a number. No, it's a TV show. Eight is.
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 2: Pass Pass Pass. Denzel Washington he's a crooked cop. Uh trading day.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my gosh, I was so worried there for a minute, man. But congratulations, you're getting those tickets. You're gonna go see five Finger Death Punch with Cody Jinks over in the Walmart Amphitheater on Friday, October twelfth.
Speaker 2: Wait, sweet indeed, hang on the line. I'm sorry, Jasmine. One wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: Film most it was close, but not today. All right, later today, here's the one that Lindsay passed on. Yeah, owasso, big speed. These are known as what to Tulsa. People that live in a city typically go they have a family and it's time to move out to the suburbs. Yeah, you spent a lot of time on a movie. That is pretty it's kind of obscure. It's one of his more cult classic ones. And then Batista and there are jokes based off somebody taking their hand and hitting a door.
Speaker 2: Those are jokes, ohno. Yeah, and the house that's in the woods is a cabin. It's good. It's a good movie. Yeah, Yeah, it's good. Yeah. And then uh, yeah you got it. You got back to school old school, yeah school, quad Rodney Dangerfield Yeah good Yeah, And it's in.
Speaker 1: The quad go streaking in the quad Quad.
Speaker 2: I'm here for the Gang Bang.
Speaker 4: This one you passed on.
Speaker 5: This is the Woody Harrelson and he is a magician. And the girl also from Oh No, she was in Wedding Crashers and she's also the magician.
Speaker 4: And there.
Speaker 2: This is why I passed yea.
Speaker 5: And also Morgan Freeman is in this movie. They just made the second one or third one.
Speaker 1: Of fourth, fifth, maybe Mark Ruffalo is in it. I know all the cast of characters. But when you go there's a bunch of magicians. Yeah, you gotta hope they've seen it.
Speaker 2: How many magician movies are out there? Oh a lot?
Speaker 4: And they're also there. Are they thieves?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they steal Yeah, yeah, they're robbers, they're criminals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a great move. It's a great movie. It's one of my favorites. Now you see me is the movie and then.
Speaker 4: The other Oh did you get the rest of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't. I was a little busney on two of them.
Speaker 4: So time to kill you?
Speaker 2: Got right?
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: The record? Now well that ties you and I was seven and makes Lindsay last with six. Oh. Corvin It says here that Disney sued over theme park facial recognition technology. The class action lawsuit over facial recognition technology at Disney theme parks in California is being filed against the company. Facial recognition was put in place at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure and Entrances in April. The lawsuit argues Disney does not adequately disclose the use of their biometric collection. I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 1: I don't see a problem with it either. But I'm not surprised by the lawsuit. We've talked about it before, how it gets a lot of things wrong right, And just like your ticket when you buy it probably says when you buy your ticket online, you probably have to kid agree, and it probably says in there.
Speaker 2: You just don't read the fine print exactly. But I mean, if it's keeping I don't know, child molesters out of the theme park, I think it's such a good thing.
Speaker 1: Any criminal, Yeah, anybody who hasn't followed their release program.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely? What else we got here? Trump hopes to end the Iran conflict very quickly? Can I get news I've heard before? For one thousand hours? How quick?
Speaker 1: Is quick for real, man, I don't doubt he doesn't want to, right.
Speaker 2: President Trupesstown lawmakers of the White House Congressional picnic, Hey, what of let's go on up picnic that he hopes to end with the Yogi bear reference from the late seventies early eighties. I think it's older than that, bro. I think Yogi Bear is like Ann Barbara. I hear you. He says he hopes to end the conflict with Iran very quickly. He said Iran was eager for a deal and argued the situation should have happened for forty seven years. Trum added that the action would come fast and predicted oil prices would fall as a result, while insisting the administration was close to resolving the bar and preventing Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon and what else we got here? Virginia governor veto's retail marijuana. Governor Abigail Spahnberger announced yesterday that she killed two bills that would have established a marketplace for recreational marijuana. In her Veto statement, the Democrat governor governor said that she wants to establish a safe, legal, and well regulated marketplace that did not feel that the bills approved by the General Assembly met those goals. Under existing Virginia law, adults twenty one and over are allowed to consume and possess small amounts of marijuana, but there's no legal way to purchase it for recreational use. And then, lastly, here congratulations to Bixby JROTC as they prepare for the Fourth of July Parade in Washington, DC. Bixby's JROTC program will represent Oklahoma in the nation's capital as America celebrates his two hundred and fiftieth anniversary This summer. Forty nine cadets will march in DC for the fourth of July parade. The cadets will travel to Washington, d C by charter bus, and some students still need fundraising assistance. Those interested in helping can reach out to Bixby JROTC program direct.
Speaker 1: And a guy drove his cyber truck into a lake.
Speaker 2: I am tired of this thing to.
Speaker 1: See if it would float or apparently there's something called the wade mode on a cyber truck.
Speaker 2: Really like it's supposed to. I'm sure up to some certain depth, Like you can't take it all the way across the lake.
Speaker 1: Someone made a post where Elon Musk said it would be waterproof and float in twenty twenty two, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to spoil spoiler.
Speaker 1: The vehicle became disabled and it had to be removed from the lake with a wrecker. Okay, and now he's being faced with charges of operating a vehicle in the closed section of the park, no valid boat registration in water safety violations because he didn't.
Speaker 4: Have flight awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, So there is a wade mode, and it's an off road setting that allows the vehicle to drive through shallow water up to thirty two inches deep. It lifts the day aft of air suspension to its highest setting and pressurizes the high voltage battery to prevent water intrusion. So as it does go through water, you can't drive it across the lake.
Speaker 1: So Elon must tweeted in September of twenty twenty two, this guy's gonna soon win that the cyber truck will be waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat, so it can cross rivers, lakes, and even seas that aren't too choppy.
Speaker 2: In quote, Wow, you've done messed up there, Elon.
Speaker 1: He further noted the truck needs to be able to cross the channel from Starbase to South Padre Island in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's not how that works.
Speaker 1: No, no, so, even though he did claim it, as Gimpee pointed out, the documentation for wade mode clarifies that the maximum recommended wade depth.
Speaker 2: Is thirty two inches.
Speaker 1: And that using the truck as a boat or exceeding water limits will avoid the vehicle's warranty in practice.
Speaker 2: Not when the guy says it can do that, right, right, because now you're expecting it to go across what was it again, lakes, streams, rivers and oceans even sees that aren't too choppy. People.
Speaker 4: Man, yeah, people, he said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but your honor, it's in the manual. It's not our fault. The employee didn't read the man. They're just gonna believe any tweet they read.
Speaker 2: Yes, if it's from the guy who goes so if he's not being truthful about that, then what else is how do you gauge? Right? Right? Not just him. You don't get to go with it. It's a joke line, right, Well, it was.
Speaker 4: On April first when I said it, No September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think April Fools holds up in court of lot. I could be wrong, though, not a lawyer that will not age. Well, no, no, not at all. Now, is it possible that they can make the cyber truck do exactly what Elon says it's going to do or wants to do with the you know, the seas and the lakes as long as the water's not probably it's it's just not happening right now.
Speaker 1: There have been many attempts to make the car boat and successful, yeah, but not really a functionable vehicle. No, no, not barely a functionable boat. So yes, they do exist, but they look great for parades, that's about it.
Speaker 2: Nobody's like I got to get the boat car. Well, what do you think about the ducks? Right? See them up in Branson, Wisconsin, Dell, you know, go take a ride off the ducks. Yep, that's that's essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has one purpose, right, not a great grocer grocery getter, right, maybe okay, to take the soccer team.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a bunch of people like on a boat they d yeah, yeah, then up capsized or something. Because because it's not a bus, it's not a boat yeah, put you want from us. It's not a boat. Yeah, I think those are up for sale.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I think they still do this with those things, oh up in Branson. Yeah, I'm sure they do, or any real touristy lake community. I'm sure that they still do that. And I can't imagine they're easy to maintain. Gaskets and seal replacements constantly.
Speaker 2: Right nineteen forty four gmc duk w amphibious six by six. Oh, there's not a price on here. Sold, They're all sold. They're a happening thing. There are a lot of them on there that are all sold.
Speaker 1: Well, it gets pretty boring to drive the pontoon over to the local watering hole. Right now, you got to show up in style, of course.
Speaker 2: Well, I've seen those guys as they turn old old zdus into motorcycles, you know, and that's kind of fun and interesting. I don't think they they transfer the same as like the ducks, but still Nate, Yeah, maybe I got an idea for a business. We're gonna get some ducks.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take people into the water and charge a really ridiculous price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we got to take a break. We'll be back if you're listening to the Big Man morning.
Speaker 1: So this is pretty awesome. I don't know about you, guys. I unless I can go for free, I don't go to concerts. They're just too expensive right nowadays. For sure. Parking alone sometimes can be the kicking the nuts that pushes me over there from the moment I get there. I'm yeah, I'm grumbling, right, but this is an interesting breath of fresh air that is out there where Nate Bargatt's his comedy tour is outpacing Beyonce's ticket sales.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's impressive. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's projected to outsell Beyonce's twenty twenty five concert attendance. Okay, so his North American Arena tour is targeting over twenty two baby high two million ticket sales, surpassing the one point six sold by Beyonce during Cowboy Carter tour. She did, however, maintain a higher ticket price though, of two fifty five, which right now feels like a deal if I'm being honest for shows.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and fifty five dollars, that feels like a good deal. Stuff. I see ticket price for him like no hush, I feel if I'm paying two hundred and fifty five dollars for one ticket that I need to be on the floor front row. Yeah you won't be though, I.
Speaker 4: Know, and my parking better be paid for.
Speaker 2: Yeah a lot. We are. We are spoiled. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: We do not understand what people go through for shows m because it is expensive.
Speaker 2: To be on the floor. That's part of my problem.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe I can set up a you know, third row from the ceiling for under a hundi, right, but I ain't doing that even then.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sucks, and it's got to be a really good ban. But to pay a hundred bucks for the third level you know where you get vertigo and you feel like you're gonna fall.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: That's just too much. Even those seats back what twenty five years ago or what forty to fifty bucks?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: And that that is that, that's good. I can handle that.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that yesterday when it was like the question was what was the worst concert?
Speaker 4: And probably Maroon five.
Speaker 5: That was the first show that I had to sit in the nosebleed section, and that was the first time I ever experienced that feeling of oh my gosh, I think I'm going.
Speaker 4: To fall over.
Speaker 2: It's a scary feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I had to. I left.
Speaker 5: I walked down and miss to half of the show because I could not go back up there.
Speaker 2: Right the anxiety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shined down playing down at the Paycon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, floor seats one hundred and twenty two dollars. Floor seats one hundred and twenty That's not bad. That's not bad for floor seats. Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Two people are two hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, less than one ticket.
Speaker 2: For the floor seats.
Speaker 1: Beyonce, Yeah, but Kave shinedown and Beyonce is probably not fair true in terms of success.
Speaker 2: But Nate bar gets killing it right, Yeah, good for uh. He sold one.
Speaker 1: Million tickets in twenty twenty four, grossing nearly eighty million. Then he sold nine hundred and sixty two thousand tickets for seventy seven million and twenty twenty five. His tour resumes after Memorial Day and then runs through mid August across America down in DFW Ceedar rapids, Grand rapids, all the rapids.
Speaker 4: All the rapids.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, this is that because one is a comedian and the other one is a Immy nomination you know, musician, Yeah, high profile musician. Nate BARGESSI he's he's good, don't get me wrong, but he he hasn't been around near as long as Beyonce has he his name is near as recognizable as Beyonce. Yes, so he's stand up.
Speaker 5: He does have a new television show out too that I hear is doing pretty well.
Speaker 2: So good. We don't know the name of it. Yeah, exactly. He's still coming up. Beyonce is established, has been for a long time. That's a huge name. So maybe that's why the tickets are cheaper, but still to be outpacing him in sales, maybe not price wise, but sales wise, that's good for him. I think it's the price, Like you can get tickets cheaper to see him, right, you can get you can get tickets to see him for like one hundred bucks, if not less. And that goes back to my question. Is it because he's a comedian versus a musician? Is it because he's an up and comedian versus an established musician. Let's think of a Let's think of an established comedian. Okay, let's just go. Jeff Dunham established, Yes, Robin Williams rest in peace. If he was still around, right, show was a killer, right, it was dead silent that night if he was still around, right, would he be able to sell at the same ticket price as a Beyonce just based on name alone? I think so, But he wouldn't be. Nate's doing a ton of dates, right, Beyonce, I can't do that. That show can't sustain doing a ton of dates just because there's a lot that goes into it, the dancing, and then forget the arena facility to be able to handle the show. It's the draw, right, Okay, Right, That's that's why a lot of big artists like that don't do a third leg into market markets like this, right, There is a science behind it. Yeah, but I love the headline of Nate Bargett's getting the you know, maybe out selling.
Speaker 1: Beyond sure for sure? If that means something to you, I guess in.
Speaker 2: The Yeah for him, I'm sure it's a feather in his.
Speaker 1: Cap somebody texting. And he also doesn't cuss either, which blows my mind. How clean and funny his stuff is. Okay, he's funny. I I and I'm not saying he's not a good comedian. I just don't like his delivery. Okay, it feels so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. At first you're like, oh, that's how he talks.
Speaker 1: No, that's his act, right, like Emo Phillips, Like it's just a stick, which he's great at.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like to catch the real him. You know when he stubs his toe steps on. All kids want to shut out. Yeah, yeah, you mother, listen.
Speaker 1: All these things go up and down, right, that's what makes it so fascinating. You got have let us be your morning show for so long because all these people, the Jelly Rolls, the burg Chreischer's.
Speaker 2: They go up and down. Man, Some go uptown, some stay downtown. We stay right in Middletown. That's right, Middown, See midtown. We know exactly where it's at. Yeah, yeah, right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.