Speaker 1: What is the first thing made laugh today?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just got to stay in the house because outside cost three hundred dollars. Well, I'm not kidding, not even a joke, it's not.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't when I leave the house with you and and the fuzz, I know, there's a hundred bucks at.
Speaker 2: Least minimum minimum minimum, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, I know, it really is, can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel good when I go a whole day without spending fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: I like it when I can go multiple days in a row without my car leaving the driveway. Oh yeah, get really excited about that, Like I'll like and think of all the gas I see.
Speaker 1: I know it's good, right, I mean, I've.
Speaker 4: Really an old thing to get excited about it.
Speaker 3: I know, like I feel my car up maybe no, I do know once every two weeks, Yeah is it?
Speaker 1: I don't drive much? Yeah, right, I know.
Speaker 3: So, uh, coming up on the show today, Oh, the benefits of walking boy, this is a great story for you and I to tell, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because we have been committed for like nine.
Speaker 4: Months nine months?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean we started the last day of September, so you got October, November, December, January, February, March, April May. I don't know eight so almost nine. But walking is good for you. We'll tell you about all of the benefits we're I was gonna tell you how you can tell if someone is spying on you on your phone. And Tricia has got the story we love coming up next on Austin's Eighties Station one oh three point one. The and Tricia on Austin's Eighties Station one oh three point one. Trisia's got good news about Sesame Street coming up in just a second, and the story we Love. But kind of along the same lines as television shows. Would you like to know what the most watched Netflix show of all time.
Speaker 2: Is Netflix show of all time? I'm gonna say Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Nope, Squid Game.
Speaker 4: Oh I never watched that.
Speaker 3: It had more than two hundred and sixty five million global views during its first ninety one days of being released. Wow, Wednesday Season one is second.
Speaker 1: Didn't you watch that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Wednesday Season two starts I believe at the end of June, or it might be August, but it starts in the next few months.
Speaker 3: They finally got an Adams Family remake thing that works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that people want to watch. They've tried enough times they finally got something that was right.
Speaker 3: You're right, So squid game, most watch show ever on Netflix from the log, it's.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So until recently, Sesame Street Workshop has been in business with Warner Brothers Discovery, and under that deal, the episodes of Sesame Street were not allowed to air on PBS until months after they aired on HBO and Max. And just to get us in the mood to hear the good news, let's hear the song see it?
Speaker 1: How did get to.
Speaker 2: So let's everybody say a huge thank you to Netflix because Netflix has swooped in to save this show. Netflix is now picking up Sesame Street and they will air on PBS the very same day the episodes air on Netflix. Season fifty six of Sesame Street kicks off later this year.
Speaker 4: Season fifty six fifty six.
Speaker 3: Huh, and they like the most recent character that they've come up with is Elmo's in that crew right.
Speaker 4: Almost in Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is, but he was like the biggest, most latest, big character. He's Bears stuck with Big Bird, Burt, Narnie and all the guys for a long time.
Speaker 2: I can't remember, like, did Abbi Kadabby come before Elmo? Or after all? I forgot about Abby Abby Kadabby. Landry loved Abby Kadabby. And then who is the blue guy?
Speaker 4: Murray?
Speaker 2: I think Murray was kind of yeah, we'll count the count's been around. He's an old school I'd been around for when I was a tiny a Trisha. I left my Grover at doll Grover. I love he was silver. Grover was just silly, right, yeah. Do you remember the guy with the chef walking down the stairs with the pies. Yes, and he always never made it to the bottom.
Speaker 1: I loved it so silly, and I'd sit there.
Speaker 4: Just waiting, like it's today the day.
Speaker 3: One day I was like, gosh, he's going to get down those stairs one of these days.
Speaker 1: And I always think, oh, he's in trouble.
Speaker 4: He's in trouble.
Speaker 2: I wish I could think of some of the other ones, because there's so there's such core memories from your from your childhood.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The whole mister snuffle Offus thing was frustrating.
Speaker 2: I know how nobody believed a big bird now it was Oscar Thrush was the guy, the little kid who went to the store to get a card in the milk, a stick of butter. That was a commercial bread that was that wasn't in Sesame Street. Could have been Electric company, it may have.
Speaker 3: Been, but it was not Sesame Street. In fact, I think that was just a commercial for education or something.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: And then the other night, when Lea, our fifteen year old, was going to bed, she's like, Mom, what's that song about the bill on Capitol Hill? I sang the whole freaking songs here. She's like, that's weird. I go, I heard it one time only up and I'm sitting here on Capital Who Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I love that conjunction junction?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what show function?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh man, good stuff, Thank goodness, Thank goodness. Netflix saved it, because how sad would that have been just because of some business deal that Sesame Street goes away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the kids can watch it on their tablet because angle see it on television.
Speaker 4: Well now they are, but I mean they can watch it on the tablet where.
Speaker 2: They will get but they'll still be able to see it on PBS.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Good stuff, trush, good reporting. There, good news for Sesame Street. Stay with us more coming up.
Speaker 4: One O three point one Austin.
Speaker 3: All Right, I don't want to be the just because I'm doing it everybody else is doing it person. But I can't really, we can't prevent it because we are these people. We are walkers. Tricia and I are walkers. We've been walking for what do we say, eight months now on the regular about four or five miles a day.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm right, I pretty much stick stick it at the four.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm at five point three and do that, you know, four or five days a week. It's good news because, as you all know, exercise is good for you. But a new study at the University of Oxford says it's really good for you. Those people who walk seven thousand steps a day saw an eleven percent lower cancer risk from those who walked five thousand steps.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The higher your steps go incrementally, the lower your risk is of getting thirteen different types of cancer. Wow, So walking lowers your risk of getting thirteen different types of cancer.
Speaker 4: I find that amazing.
Speaker 3: I need to and I think the big message here that needs to be spread about walking and exercise is it doesn't have to You don't have to do a CrossFit thing or run a marathon, hardcore.
Speaker 2: Gym session right to be healthy, or a spinning class or any of that. You just have to move your shoe to Baker's right. It doesn't even have to be power walking. No, it could just be walking. It could be even shopping at the grocery store, household chores. Walking counts work further away at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The steps on your smart watch records the number of steps, and that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It's great if you go and you walk fast to get your heart rate up for a few miles, or you continue your normal pace and you put a way to vest On. I mean, all of those things are great too, but it doesn't have to be that. It can be just as simple as walking. And a lot of people just think walking are is just kind of sissy for old people. Yeah, it's one of the best things you can do.
Speaker 1: And it's funny.
Speaker 3: I just happen to stumble on this, so I track all my stuff on my Stricia mentioned on my smart watching on the Strava app, and I went back all the way back to the very beginning when you and I started walking, and I could only walk a mile maybe, yeah, about a mile and I went back to and looked at what my resting heartbreak was back then, which was seventy three, and what it is now it is fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Really, isn't that crazy? Just from walking?
Speaker 3: I'm doing some gym stuff, do some gym stuff now to weightlifting stuff like that. But if in just fair twenty twenty five minutes to go out and just go for a walk, it's so good for you. Yeah, so good for you, and you'll feel.
Speaker 1: Better do it.
Speaker 3: No one's ever gotten done with a twenty minute walk and said, Nan, I wish I hadn't done that, right.
Speaker 2: That's what I say all the time, is like nobody has ever gotten a made themselves exercise or go for a walk or go to the gym, and then when they're done, go God, I wish I hadn't done that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever says that.
Speaker 2: Never, but you will say, oh God, why didn't I just go work out?
Speaker 1: And you'll be mad. And I'm at the point now where if I don't exercise in the.
Speaker 2: Day, I've got good little Yeah, I start getting stressed out. Like Sunday is I've declared Sunday is my day to not do anything. Yeah, But even on Sunday, I was like, but why don't you just.
Speaker 3: Do that that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, Like, as I just read up on how important it is to let your body rest and recover, to let your muscles rest.
Speaker 3: So are you in between the Livestrong challenges right now and just amping up the walking or eat?
Speaker 1: Do you have a challenge going on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I finished my challenges. I did three different thirty day challenges. You can find that livestrong dot com just search thirty day Challenges. I did a leg challenge, I did a push up challenge, and I did a squat challenge and I did them all in the same month and I finished them. But what I'm doing my push up challenge at the end of the month, I was able to do sixty push ups. Now I've I could do twenty twenty twenty, but I've continued to try and make sixty my number for the day.
Speaker 4: Each day I do sixty.
Speaker 2: But now I'm trying to do thirty right and thirty you know what I mean, I'm trying to That's how I'm escalating it. I do squats with my leg exercises. I mean, I think I'm going an add in an ab challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean it's just otherwise if I don't have something that I'm following, like this twenty eight day challenge or this plan, then I feel like I get up to exercise and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 4: What am I gonna do? I'll do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh now I'll do this, like I have to have a.
Speaker 3: Plan, right, And everybody's different. And I'm one of those people that loves to track it. Like it tracks everything on your phone and your the Strava app is awesome and you can just see your progress and how you're doing.
Speaker 2: So you can use your you can use your your smart watch for just for burning calories too, like you can put it into gym, exercise, indoor outdoor walk.
Speaker 4: Run or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just thanks with Strava, right, and I like then I like seeing the number of steps, the number of calories burned and stuff.
Speaker 1: So get out there. Just start slow with your walking.
Speaker 4: Any level of physical activity.
Speaker 1: You don't have to spend cancer on a pair of tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: What you got probably just fine, you know, but the more you walk through then you're probably gonna want new shoes and treat yourself to those new shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then that encourages you even more to keep walking exactly.
Speaker 1: Stay with us.
Speaker 3: We've got more coming up on Austin's eighty station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. You like your morning radio from people that actually live in Austin and aren't pretending to live here, Stick around. The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven on Austin's eighty station what O three point one. Hey, if you were just joining us when we were talking about the benefits of walking, that number to shoot for to really really help yourself out. It's about seven thousand steps a day. Did we mention that? Yeah, Okay, we did. Okay, I just wanted to make sure what'd you guys be healthy and be listening for a long long time.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're just trying to help you out, all right, Sandy, here we go.
Speaker 4: What do you call it? What do you call it?
Speaker 2: When you get in the bathtub or you're in the pool too long and your fingers get.
Speaker 1: All wrinkled, spider fingers.
Speaker 2: Spider fingers, I call it my fingers are all pruned.
Speaker 4: Do you care or don't care?
Speaker 2: To find out a crazy random fact about pruned fingers or in your case, spider fingers.
Speaker 3: Is the random fact why you get them? Because I know the answer to that. No, do you know why you get them?
Speaker 4: No? I don't.
Speaker 3: It's to help you grip. Your body realizes your hands are wet, your hands are slippery, and you need extra grip.
Speaker 2: Really, that's what do you got about mine? Is a study is found that a person's fingers wrinkle in the same pattern every time when they're in water for a prolonged period of time, So you know you have everybody's fingerprint.
Speaker 4: Is this unique?
Speaker 2: Also when your fingers are water logged, the way it wrinkles up the same way every time, that would also be unique just to you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting, weird we're telling us that I feel sad the.
Speaker 2: Lame pool seasons coming up. Just a little information for the kids when they're Marco Polo in it up in the pool. Yeah, all right, Sandy, do you Cara don't care to find out? With trip Advisor names as the top us destination for summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a place you and I have talked about wanting to go. Oh what is it? Las Vegas?
Speaker 2: Viva last Vegas Yet Vegas claimed the Crown is the top us summer destination.
Speaker 3: Well, we gotta go. We'll stay with my friend Sam. It's great staying with Sam. You know why Why Because you just get dressed and go to Vegas. He lives like fifteen twenty minutes outside from the strip, and then you're just like, hey, let's get dressed and go to Vegas. And then you go to Vegas and then you're there, and then you go back to sanity like a normal neighborhood, right right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but part of the fun of beings.
Speaker 4: Is the hotel.
Speaker 1: You stay in the hotel. I'll stay with.
Speaker 4: Sam, okay, because then I'm gonna stay down there. I'm gonna want to gamble, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You need to go with the girlfriend though, come on.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're not gonna gamble anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna gamble. I'm just saying. Our action's a little different.
Speaker 4: Oh guys, gambling action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not playing a five dollars table.
Speaker 4: Oh couie.
Speaker 2: It's so much fun and if you lose, it doesn't matter because it's making five johns to.
Speaker 1: Make any money, I know, but it's fun.
Speaker 4: You're right them. I need to go with my girls again, all right, finally, or just take.
Speaker 1: One of your girls will long ago, oh last time.
Speaker 4: Last year with Brittany. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: We might be too old though for the girl, my girl and I to share a room with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the fun part, that was that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Sandy, care don't care to find out how many mosquitoes it would.
Speaker 4: Take to kill you instantly.
Speaker 1: One million and four that's so closely.
Speaker 2: One point two million mosquitoes would have to bite you at the exact same time, and you would die because they would instantly drain all of your blood. One point two million would have just swarm in, drain your blood. Boom, you're dead.
Speaker 3: If you're big enough fool to let them all stay on you that long, you deserve to die. I hate a mosquito. I know they don't really get me too much. I don't know why ever, since I quit drinking. You know, they love drunkers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's something about the sugar content in your blood or something like that.
Speaker 3: So if you're sitting out at the lake or whatever, throwing back with the whiskey, they're gonna come get you.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get you to get just get in the water.
Speaker 1: Yeap that is carried out care.
Speaker 3: What's your name, RuSHA, I'm Sandy More Coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station,