Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Hey, thank you to Heidi, George KVB, Deborah Flora for being here last week while I was in a different ring, that being the courtroom, representing amazingly cool clients and very blessed to have a wise and thoughtful jury return a very important and significant verdict for them. So grateful to everybody who covered the show on this end and for the outcome of that trial as well.
Speaker 2: A five five for zero.
Speaker 1: Five A two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: I just treated as open lines.
Speaker 1: I know we do pretty much every day, but there's so much going on today, so let me just throw a list out there to get it started.
Speaker 2: And that is what are the drones and why are they there?
Speaker 1: And I want to talk about Dems skipping inauguration Colorado Dems, which do you think will? I hope all Dems skip it because it's going to hurt him with voters and make them easier to beat next time. Voters want to give Donald Trump a chance. Now, many you know like me and you are extremely enthusiastic. Those who don't like them want to give them a chance. They want their lives to be better like they were during his first term. So every DEM who skips out inauguration just makes all the Dems easier to beat. Talking about this change in daylight savings time, you know, get rid of it in the summer, stay with or just do standard time in the summer. Wait a second, I want to get your take on that. I would oppose this with every fiber of my being if I thought there was a way I could succeed, because what it would mean for us in Colorado, our latest summertime sunset would be seven point thirty PM. I can't believe there are a handful of people in Colorado who would make that trade, because it's just the sweetest time of the year, right, those late summer nights, and kids have all those memories of those summer nights, and all of a sudden, it's dark at seven thirty and it's light at four thirty in the morning. I'm up at four thirty more I'll take advantage of it. Can you play golf.
Speaker 2: At four thirty in the morning, But but give me a break. We can't give up our summer nights.
Speaker 1: In my humble opinion, I do want to talk about President Trump, and I think the great importance, especially if he's starting something here, of him prevailing against ABC in that defamation case, because you know clearly that the leftist media thinks that if you're a public figure they.
Speaker 2: Can lie about you, it will and you have no recourse.
Speaker 1: Well, the standard is a high one, having to prove actual malice, but they're still standard and the fact they just had to write a fifteen million dollar check to Trump proves it's so since lying has become, you know, just central to the playbook of the left, I'm really glad to see Trump pursue them and succeed, and I hope we see this spread. And listen, I'm mister free speech right and I've lived that. But there is no constitutional right to defame someone, to just go out and flat lie about someone, which is what the media very often does about people on the right. So I want to dig into that a little bit deeper. We'll do more of this tomorrow, but thank you to own John for coming out and talking about how legalization of marijuana has been a monumental mistake for the places that have done it, as he talks about how marijuana caused him to spiral into a terrible addiction of his own. So we'll be following up on that over the next few.
Speaker 2: Days or so and much more.
Speaker 1: I do want to get to this Travis Hunter story as well, and you don't have to be a sports fan, really, I think to find the deep significance of this.
Speaker 2: But listen to this sound.
Speaker 1: This is at the Heisman Trophy Awards ceremony from his mom, Fronte Edmunds, talking about what many thought was her biggest mistake referring to Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: I love person that.
Speaker 4: He is, but I'm also grateful because what they said was my big mistake turn out.
Speaker 2: To be the biggest blessing. So there that just goes to show.
Speaker 4: You you can have you can make mistakes, but that does not define who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, right, So the fact that she chose to keep and give birth to Travis Hunter, and then you see how the world's so much better for that, because even if you're not in a football he's a generational talent. But he more importantly, because who cares if some guy's a generational talent if he's a jerk, right, But he's a very cool guy. He's a fun guy. He brightens every game, he brightens every room. And it's just, you know, kudos to her for keeping him and for doing what needed to be done. But then you think about, think about all the Travis Hunters who weren't with us, right because of Democrats like Polis and Biden and Hickin lop Burn, Bennett and the whole rest of them who celebrate, glorify, expand the mass killing of blacks before birth, and that what abortion is, and how can that be anything other than the most racist and effect policy imaginable. And I'm not saying that Polis and Bennett and Hieloober sit around the room and say, how can we kill as many blacks as we can?
Speaker 2: Not at all, That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is they are absolutely aware that the consequence of this policy that they salivate over and worship, the consequence of that is the mass killing of blacks and killing five times more blacks before birth and whites. And none of these kids should be killed. But they know that's what this policy does, and they're going to worship it anyway because that's how they get and keep power in the secular led Democratic Party of today. And think about what a sick trade off that is.
Speaker 2: But you think.
Speaker 1: About all of the other kids, all of the other kids, kids of color, and other kids you know who aren't here because of this worship of legalized abortion on demand up to the moment of birth. And credit to Travis Hunter's mom for keeping him eight five to five for zero five eight two five five the number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got to love watching him play football, right, think of all the kids who've been killed. And first of all, it doesn't matter if a kid was going to be disabled and never never hold a job. You've still got the inherent human dignity and value. But you think of all the kids Travis Hunter ends up being one of a kind in football. Think of kid you know who might have cured cancer. You know, the kid who you know would have become president of the United States, the kid who would have become governor of Colorado.
Speaker 2: You think of all of these great talents.
Speaker 1: That have just been killed off before birth because the Democrats they love nothing more than abortion on demand. What they actually love is they love the political power they get by using that issue to put a coalition together starting with the abortion industry and all of the money that they have. Let's go up to Cheyenne, Wyoming, talk to You're on the Dane Kapitalist Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome Jack, Hey, Danny, Mary chriss to you and you to thank you. I got a couple of things for you. One of them is going to be a little aggravating, but you can deal with that. Of course, you're talking about the Democrats and there in the abortion, which abortion is by the nine percent of what you talk about. But Ruth Brader Ginsburg came out and actually stated that do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can give you the quote.
Speaker 5: Well, that's I mean, that's I mean, you know, it's go any further than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: And and for those not familiar with it, Jack is as you know, Justice Ginsburg speaking of others. Justice Ginsburg said, and this is close to verbatim, her understanding of Roe v.
Speaker 2: Wade was to quote, limit.
Speaker 1: The populations we don't want too many of and and so yeah, and then at that point, I've I've got to ask how how can anybody of any color? But how can anybody of color ever vote for a Democrat? Again, when there's top priority is to expand the right and availability of a practice whose intent is understood by this liberal icon US Supreme Court justice is to limit their populations.
Speaker 5: If that falls under the umbrella, A much bigger question is there such a thing as undesirable people? And if you go down and read through history, you'll find out that the British took all the criminals they had in their ship in Australia in that colony just to get them out of their country. I mean, there have been people that have been deemed by the powers that be is undesirable. I mean, this is going on throughout history, so it's not the only case. And you know me are well.
Speaker 2: But another thing, I've got to respond to that quickly.
Speaker 1: But wait a second here, the target is the most innocent possible among us. It just as a literal matter, the most innocent possible among us are the target for mass killing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but the guy who said that, what you're just saying now better than anybody who was hemming with and what he said was the heaviest caskets are the small ones, that's what you just.
Speaker 2: Said, not for the left.
Speaker 5: Those are the easiest the left. Yeah, let's not even talk about that. But here, that's the why I called up. I called up to get your mad.
Speaker 1: Oh that's never gonna work, Okay, like it never has, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: I hear your ads on the paper, and you know I own about seven fer built in my constructions, and if you do, I'm going to enjoy it. O good, I'm pretty good in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully, hope anyway, hopefully hit Jack, you want to stand a chance, but hopefully none of your trucks. Hopefully none of your trucks will hurt somebody. That's that's always the hope, right. I would be the happiest guy in the world if if there were no more people killed.
Speaker 2: On a roadway.
Speaker 1: And I've proven that with marijuana because you look, you look at marijuana has how it's jacked up all of these.
Speaker 2: Horrors on the roadway.
Speaker 1: Nobody's out there fighting against legalized marijuana more than I am.
Speaker 5: No, no, and I agree that's one hundred percent with you on that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, check can you hold on? And I've rarely break up calls, but Jack disagrees with me. Wants to take a shot, and I want to make sure he has enough time to do. That won't help, but I want to make sure eight five five for zero five eight two five five when we come back. Lots of great sound from President Trump today on a wide range of topics, including one of the things I really want to talk about, the drones. What are they, where are they coming from? And above all, why don't we know yet? You're on the Dan Caplas.
Speaker 6: Show and now back to the Dan Tapless Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I like that. Brian Stelter that as much. Trump has a long history.
Speaker 7: Of filing lawsuits, including against news outlets. Most of the time those cases get thrown out. Judges see right through those frivolous cases.
Speaker 2: And throw them out. Trump right now.
Speaker 7: Has a litigation depending against CBS, for example, over a sixteen minutes interview of Harris. So these cases oftentimes do not work out for Trump.
Speaker 2: But this ABC case is a major victory.
Speaker 7: I talked to renowned First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams last night. He said, Look, there's no way to say other than this is a big win for Trump. It's going to embolden him to file more of these suits. But as Abram said, he called it disturbing that this could turn fifteen million dollars could be paid around the use of the word rape versus sexual abuse in that interview on ABC's This Week.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I hope the benefit goes way beyond this individual case. Of course, I hope they stop lying about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But the importance is.
Speaker 1: Lying, just flat out making it up. Lying has become a staple of the left, not your everyday democrat, a staple.
Speaker 2: Of the left.
Speaker 1: And this is part of what happens when you have a secular left, a secular left that has no moral, no faith based core and foundation. You know, at that point, hey, anything goes. And so they almost view the secular left telling the truth is a weakness, and so it has become it has become a central part of the leftist playbook. And so it's great. It's so fantastic that Trump was able to prevail here against ABC, and I hope others do as well. Whether they're a public figures where the standard is much higher but not impossible, there's still a standard, you know, or whether they're not public figures where it's easier to prove this stuff. The left has to be taken a task for these lies, and credit to President Trump for winning this round. Jack from Cheyenne kind enough to call earlier, says, his mission in this call is.
Speaker 2: To get me mad. I think that's probably impossible, but we'll find out.
Speaker 8: Jump to.
Speaker 5: Let me jump on what you're talking about right now, Trump running these lawsuits. That's the first step. That's the first foot to drop down is winning the lawsuits. Once you win the lawsuits, then you can go back and get another bite at the apple under malicious prosecution and get real money out of him. And I hope he does it to every one of those SOPs. I hope he doesn't because that's the only way they're going to be caught a lesson. There's no other way you're going to teach the special lesson, and that and the whole country is going to be better for I had to off the Trump.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get under your skin on a different items. I mean, maybe it's maybe I should not do that because it's holiday season on the radio. Oh well, my best shot, I mean, my my minor shot will take care of you any of any day of the week. Here's the deal, all I hear on the radio. Is all the success you've had on shaking down all these insurance companies based on truck accidents? Let me ask you about three questions on that. How many trials have you had that involved trucks accidents where you've been representative to the planet for the damage.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, let's let's start with your defamation. Okay, because this is not a this is not some sort of defamation allowed zone.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to start with.
Speaker 1: That shaking down trucking companies said, Let's let's start with that, Jack, what's your definition of that? Because I'm not putting up with that crap from you. I have spent forty years of my life practicing, honestly ethically, working my ass off, probably a lot harder than you do, and kicking ass for seriously injured people. I'm not putting up with this crap. Get that idiot out of here. You are not welcome back here, Jack, you are not welcome back here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number techs d A N five seven seven three nine C he failed to get me mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did he know? Hubout him not?
Speaker 1: He is not welcome back here. If his idea is that he's going to call up and defame me.
Speaker 2: Screw him.
Speaker 1: You know what, you got good truckers out there. You got some really good truckers. Yeah, and they're heroes because our society can't function without the good truckers. And I have no idea whether Jack's trucking company is the best of the best or somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that. What I'm talking about is you have.
Speaker 1: Good truckers, and you have the good trucking industry, and then you've got the rest of the industry, which is a dirty, awful, dangerous underbelly that threatens your life and the life of your family each and every day. And I'm not going to have that, son a bitch, call this show, call this show and impugne the great work that I and others have done over the year to make everybody safer, including Jack, including Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our mission when we go out and we take on a trucking case for somebody who's injured or like this case I tried, or imagine this, this wonderful family from Littleton. They're going off for this family visit for Fourth of July, driving to Nebraska and a reckless trucker smashes into them at high speed, kills their parents, orphans them, and leaves them with their own injuries. Right, and so what do these wonderful humans want to do? They want to make the whole world safer by you know, they could settle the case, but they want to go to trial. They want all the truth out there. They want to send a message. They want to the world safer, and so they did. We ended up with this enormous verdict. They were heroic and going to trial, and and the industry pick up the industry publications and read about that case, and the industry took notice of it. But Jack calls that shaking down. Shaking down companies that put drivers on the road who can't even keep their eyes open because they're they're they're pushing themselves too hard, and then they orphan these kids and leave that leave the kids injured. No, that's not shaking down. That's making the world safer and doing justice. And if Jack can't see that, I don't want him back here ever. Ever, I'm not putting up with that crap.
Speaker 2: All right, what else do we have?
Speaker 6: I do not question? Along those lines, dance.
Speaker 10: Since we're on the topic, because this was such a big story, as you know, the runaway trucker on I seventy. Yeah, exactly, how does a person like that get hired? Yeah, I mean, this is the type of driver I'm talking about. That's I'm not even in that business.
Speaker 2: Right and right.
Speaker 1: Now, right now, I think I have seventeen or eighteen seven my cases right now, all of the country, right and you look at horror after horror after horror, whether it's somebody who's been deported X number of times who then kills a wonderful man on his way home to see his wife, whether it's clients of mine, burned to death, burned to death on a highway in Kansas City, because you have some guy doesn't even have his CDL. But the companies that hire them, here's what's going on. Here's what's going on. And I'm speaking generally now, not about any of my individual cases, but you can bet we deal with this in my individual cases. You have companies out there right now that want to ship stuff, but they want to save money, so they're using companies that anybody should know are not safe to transport. And you got these companies, these trucking companies, some of them running around with drivers who don't have CDL, don't have training, don't know what all they're doing.
Speaker 2: And then you're getting all these people.
Speaker 1: They're crushed to death, they're burned to death, all these horrible deaths, and an idiot like Jack calls the show and says, that's shaking down. No, that that is doing a public service, that's doing justice.
Speaker 2: Because I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, the bad half of the trucking industry, the good half heroes, the bad half of the trucking industry. It's some of the worst danger you and your family will face in your lives each and.
Speaker 2: Every day on our roadways. You're on the Dan Caplis.
Speaker 6: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast. Can you callm it?
Speaker 2: On the drones that are flying around New Jersey and the ports?
Speaker 10: And it seems like the there could people have a big distant government.
Speaker 11: The government knows what is happening. Look, our military knows where they took off from. If it's the garage, they can go right into that garage. They know where it came from and where it went.
Speaker 2: And for some reason they don't want to comment.
Speaker 11: And I think they'd be better off saying what it is. Our military knows and our president knows, and for some reason they want to keep people in suspense. I can't imagine it's the enemy, because it was the enemy they'd blasted out, even if they were late, they'd blasted.
Speaker 2: Something strange is going on.
Speaker 11: For some reason, they don't want to tell the people, and they should because the people are really I mean, they happen to be over Bedminster.
Speaker 2: I want to know the truth. They're very they're very They're.
Speaker 11: Very close to Bedminster. I think maybe I won't spend the weekend in Bedminster. I've decided to cancel my trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so President Trump. President Trump confirming that obviously the government knows what these are, where they come from, where they go, back to et cetera. Why do you think that the Biden administration is not telling us eight five to five four zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seventh three nine. I'll get to our fiery lines in a second Texter or Dan. If I own a company that produces a product requiring the service of a big rig, shouldn't there be a law requiring me to check the status of the driver's CDL and endorsements before she drives away. There should be a CDL system like you. I'm with you on that, my friend. But here's what's happening. And again, I do lots of these semi crash cases, both fatalities, serious injury cases, etc.
Speaker 2: And here's what's going on. You got a lot of these shippers.
Speaker 1: They're using brokers, and they're using brokers to then find the trucker, and the broker is then I'm trying to bring them lowest priced options, which can, depending on the deal, increase the broker's take as well. So you have not all shippers. You have some shippers who are operating very responsibly. You have others who are not and are just looking for the cheapest deal they can get. And then you end up with truckers out there who don't know what they're doing. Truckers out there are properly trained, aren't properly licensed, our way over hours, and they're causing these catastrophes. That's the underbelly of the industry. I put it, as a guy who's done trucking cases for a very long time, my guesstimate to be about half the industry. You've got half the industry. They're American heroes. The other half of the industry one of the greatest dangers every American faces each and every day, and the fact our society puts up with it, and people like Polus end up handing a gift to a homicidal trucker because Kim Kardashian whisper, sweet, nothing's in his ear.
Speaker 2: That's sick. That's sick. Any governor of.
Speaker 1: Colorado, anybody responsible, should be out there doing everything they can to protect us from the bad half of the trucking industry. And Polis is out there, you know, willing to hand this guy a gift. Sentenced to one hundred years, he'll serve about five because Kim Kardashian whispered to Jared Poulis.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 1: That just tells you how little Polis cares about the safety of society. But beyond this Polus nuttiness, it's just crazy that Colorado and every state doesn't rise up against the danger from the bad half of the trucking industry. Let's go to Hey. Let me let me start this one with Bob and Arvada. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show. Welcome, Hey, Bob, I can hear you now.
Speaker 3: Okay, just going through a car wash.
Speaker 2: Okay, a great time to call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, So I don't sorry I have to call you because of that name. I don't play contact you when there's a small shooting. Yeah, it's not fortunate. The second here.
Speaker 6: Is he in the car lots?
Speaker 2: So I think it sounds like it. Maybe give them a minute, Hey, Bob, can we get back to you. Can we get back to you in a second as right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, unless you can hear it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah we can. We can.
Speaker 1: We can hear you now, absolutely, Bob. Have you and I spoken before.
Speaker 9: Yes, we have, but I just have it called in a while. Okay, sadly I have to call on this occasion.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 9: I'm the founder. I'm the founder of the Prime Protection Foundation. And that's a company that's a foundation that gives away, free of charge to schools and churches the equipment they need for safety. Sometimes they don't have a budget, so we go out and get donations and grants and then talk to the school safety officer and see what they need to harden beef up their school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, God love you. Is there a website for that?
Speaker 9: It is. It's the Prime Protection Foundation or just Prime Protection Dot Org.
Speaker 2: Hey, can you explain something to me?
Speaker 1: How can anybody right now knowing the next school shootings are being planned as we speak? And Bob's referring to a school shooting in Madison this morning Medicine, Wisconsin that killed a teacher, wounded a bunch of students, the shooters dead. I was in Medicine, Wisconsin ironically this morning, but.
Speaker 2: Didn't see any of that.
Speaker 1: But Bob, how can any responsible administrator any school in Colorado right now not have at least one good guy or gale with the gun at that school at all times, knowing that the next school shootings be planned as we speak.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, it's totally ridiculous. We sometimes go out and solicit schools directly because they're not aware of our program. Can you believe it? I had a superintendent of a school system that has five schools and he said to me, oh, we don't need that, It'll never happen here. And I said, well, you tell that to the people that call Himbine, you know Parkland. Well, everyone says the fact that.
Speaker 3: We would be here.
Speaker 2: Wait wait a second, Bob, but let's start with that.
Speaker 1: To me, that's an immoral position to take, because that's playing Russian Roulette with the lives of the children, knowing that the very best police force is not going to be able to get there until a killer has a chance to kill many. So how can any administrator justify playing Russian Roulette with the lives of the student's faculty and staff.
Speaker 9: I don't understand that. I could not deal with that person. I tried my hard is to convince it's not when it's if well, it's just sad.
Speaker 1: Well, very much appreciate your efforts and your call, Bob, And what I'd say is, in my experience, I think those administrators just fall.
Speaker 2: Into two camps. First, you have that.
Speaker 1: The well intentioned whistling past the graveyard who just don't think it all the way through because they don't want to, right. And then you have those who know exactly what they're doing, and they do it for political motivations because politically it would be too dicey to all of the sudden have you know at least one armed and obviously properly trained, highly trained good guy or gail with the gun. So they're willing to endanger the students for political motivation. Others just out of ignorance, but an inexcusable ignorance. And again, when you start to understand and I know you know this listening to the show, and they've got to know it, when you start to understand that the whrror not just that these monsters are going to have a certain peeriod of time to kill as many as they can get their hands on, but also just the deep psychological trauma to everybody inside that school who for that period of time, for that period of time, is essentially at the mercy of a monster. To me, that should be completely completely impossible in Colorado, completely inexcusable. And the day will come, and I don't know how many more innocents have to die before it does. The day will come when Colorado finally wakes up and says, no, we can't justify this. We've got to have a good guy or gale with a gun in every school, and hopefully more than one eight five five for five A two five five texts D An five seven seven three nine Dan Jack the caller deserved that, and he seriously doesn't deserve to be back in the show. Keep up the good work, Dan. That from Decay and Broomfield, thank you, Dan, go get him. Thank you, Dan, you took the bait. He did get you wrong flustered even though he was wrong. I didn't get flustered. I didn't get flustered at all. That was righteous anger and he deserved every single second of that.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 1: Then Skin and Jack one, Hey, how about you text big Man, call the show, or let's get into a text back and forth. Exactly how did Jack win?
Speaker 2: You know, and you always.
Speaker 1: Get this, you know, you always get these keyboard warriors. I've just shredded somebody on air because I have the facts and logic and they don't. And then you get these little keybag warriors.
Speaker 2: Oh you kicked your ass?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, really exactly? How explain that to me? Back it up or pack it up? You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Tapless Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's get to calls and text texter Dan, I'm in the crowd that the drones are.
Speaker 2: Looking for suitcase nukes.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Russia began broadcasting a public warning in English on their military short wave. It says inbound nuclear missiles to the United States, et cetera, et cetera, So very very creepy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, text.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people are in that camp thinking the drones are up looking for radiation, and that's a popular theory online as well. Dan, if that angry caller wants to see blatant slander of the trucking industry as he looked at the strong arm Listen, we had a caller who was blasting me over my work representing victims against trucking companies.
Speaker 2: That you know, it's one.
Speaker 1: Of the great pride and joys of my lifetime is to be able to do that because, in a nutshell, half the trucking industry American heroes.
Speaker 2: We couldn't live without him.
Speaker 1: Half the trucking industry roughly, in my opinion right now is probably the greatest danger you and your family will ever face. And each and every state needs to be cracking down, needs to be doing much much more. So Jackson to call me to rip on me for doing that, It's one of the best things I've ever done and I will continue to do.
Speaker 2: I was telling jack I think I.
Speaker 1: Have seventeen semi cases in Colorado and around the country right now, and each and every one of them we are completely thoroughly devoted to for our client and for public safety.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Bill and Pueblo. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 8: Welcome, Hey Dan, Thanks, just wanted to comment on the c and end's breaking the news that Trump's appeal on the community case against that author was denied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just at the trial court level. Thank you, Bill, And I'm so glad you called on that. Just at the trial court level, which at this point is meaningless, because I mean, it would have been nice to have what I'd view as the correct really now and just have it all dismissed right now, as.
Speaker 2: It should be.
Speaker 1: The case never should have been brought, never should have got that far, shouldn't have been in conviction, and in my opinion, the court should have dismissed it now. But I think that most observers on both sides, my friend, fully expect that at the higher court level that case is going to be dismissed and immunity. It'll be interesting to see if the get court gets to immunity and dismissing the charges against Trump. Many other reasons why those charges should be dismissed. The conviction overturned and the charge is dismissed.
Speaker 8: So I don't think that the immunity applies to the court ruling.
Speaker 1: Well, I think immunity. If we start to break down the trial, not all of the i'll put evidence in quotes against President Trump violates the Supreme Court's ruling on immunity. Some of it does, clearly when you call Hope Picks, et cetera to talk about official functions, Yeah, that's clearly in violation of the immunity allowed to presidents per the Supreme Court ruling, and therefore it should have been an easy dismissal at this point. But all I'm saying, my friend, is that the fact the trial court refused to dismiss the case right now is not going to have any practical impact on the president. It would have been nice to have it dismissed and have that of his life. But as a practical matter, if the higher courts eventually have to hear this, because as you know, it's stayed right now, if the higher courts eventually have to hear it, Trump's.
Speaker 2: Going to win there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, thanks.
Speaker 1: For learning to thanks man, appreciate the call. Right, Yeah, and that is breaking news. So I'm glad that Bill chimed in on that. Hey, just about out of time today, Big Day tomorrow, the Icon Radio Icon Pete Boyles in studio for two full hours tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's going to be amazing.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about everything under the sun. We're going to take your calls on anything you want to talk about if you're new to the area. Pete is an absolutely fascinating guy, has led just an amazing life and has been a major figure on air. Jeez, I've been on air almost thirty years and he's been on air a lot longer than I. Have very close friends with Alan Berg. He knows an awful lot about that whole situation. Of course, there's a new movie out, but literally, how often can we say this Ryan, any top under the sun that anybody who wants to talk about, there's gonna be a fascinating take from people's Pete and I disagree plenty, We agree plenty, We disagree plenty, But he's got a really interesting take on everything and so much personal history and so much of this.
Speaker 10: He, according to Kelly, is extremely enthused to be joining you in studio for both hours tomorrow, and I would be curious to hear his thoughts on the order I believe is the movie that's now out in theaters with Jude Law, which features Alan Berg, who at one point hosted a show on these airwaves six thirty K on Denver and over on KOA and Peter Boyles was very close with Alan getting back forty years or more.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And you know, p just has so much personal experience with so much that he just brings a lot to the table on every topic we can discuss. And again the starting point is we disagree on plenty. We agree on some stuff. We disagree on plenty, which will make the show even more fun, but just the historical piece on it is amazing. So I'm so glad he's going to be in tomorrow and we'll spend that full two hours together.
Speaker 2: So Ryan, we've got to solve this whole drone thing.
Speaker 1: President Trump, fortunately, you know, stood up today and just pretty much let everybody know. Now, government knows, and you know, he's getting briefed, right, Government knows. They know where they take off from, they know where they go back to, they know who owns them, they know what they're for. But at the same time, what do you read into this? He said he's not going to Bedminster this weekend because they're a bunch over Bedminster. So do you read into that that their government or NGOs, what do you read into that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Do you think Trump would have said more?
Speaker 10: I obviously have to assume that he would have if he were already sworn in as president.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, no I.
Speaker 1: And it's one of the very reassuring things to me. Clearly he is president right now, right, I mean for a lot of practical purpose. Unfortunately he doesn't have that bottom line control, but in terms of the world stage, in terms of reassuring Americans, in terms of being a sane, strong presence, but he's doing everything he can, but still properly acknowledging that line.
Speaker 2: I think most.
Speaker 1: Americans now, including many who did not vote for him, cannot wait until twelve to one pm on January twenty.
Speaker 2: So, wow, what a day it's going to be tomorrow. I want to get to Dan.
Speaker 1: One could draw the conclusion that certain school functionaries are willing to sacrifice kids' lives to promote anti gun agenda six Stephen Littleton understand right now, in my constitutionally protected opinion, any school administrator who doesn't have a good guy or a good gal with a gun in that school knows that they're playing Russian Roulette with the kids' lives, just betting it won't happen at that school.
Speaker 2: How can anybody justify that. I don't think that can be justified.
Speaker 1: One of these days soon, hopefully Colorado comes to its senses. Let's help speeded up. Brian, Thank you, Kelly, you're the best. Join us tomorrow on The Dan Kaplis Show.