Speaker 1: Every day you're fighting with you're fighting with attorneys, you're being deposed, and you're you're talking about old people don't know how to use computers.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I just simply I'm just laughing that I had to spend ninety minutes before this and I found I was like, hey, I have a live show, which is a lie. I don't have a live show, so I guess I lied to my ant's attorney. But it's just like this is just is so ridiculous, Like everything is so ridiculous right now, Like I just want to just start to enjoy my summer. The Masters is coming up. We've got lots of other things. I honestly with lawyers over the well roofs for mobile homes in Florida. Because insurance companies are a bunch of assholes. I had to spend two hours on the phone yesterday with the car insurance company because they quoted me one hundred ninety five dollars increase for my new car, and then it just like doubled when I got my renewal and I'm like, what, how can you just do this? And they're like, well, Florida has the highest car insurance rates in the country, and I'm like, I haven't had a ticket in like a decade. What so consider you.
Speaker 1: Consider April second the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me until now, until like August second, which is my dad's eightieth birthday. I don't want to do shit. I want to just relax. I want to get Yeah, it's my off season. I'm like a teacher, but instead I am like dealing with trivial bullshit on a Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 1: What about like the we got the Final Four, we got the Masters, We've got the.
Speaker 2: NBA and then fun exciting stuff to talk about. And you're asking why I'm all feisty. I didn't want to like start the show off with just like an insurance hate.
Speaker 1: That's my fault. Yeah, that's my fault. So why don't you why don't you tell us, tell your audience, your fans, how you did on the on the Sweet sixteen and last weekend, I did just.
Speaker 2: About as good as I did in the round of thirty two. What do you mean more chalk and chalk and chalk and chalking The dogs that I had just didn't come to play in the second half.
Speaker 1: It was awful.
Speaker 2: Give me exactly up at half Iowa up at half. Wop wop wop. Then I lay it with Duke.
Speaker 1: Wait, what are you talking about with Tennessee? Tennessee was what in.
Speaker 2: The Sweet sixteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were they not up at half?
Speaker 1: Purdue?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, is Purdue?
Speaker 1: I was on Purdue. I was gonna say I bet Iowa State?
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, I was. Yes, yeah, Purdue was up like six and half or seven.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're talking about against Arizona in the Elite, Yes, okay, yeah, but the Elita was tough for us until the last game, which I still don't really understand how that even happened.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have a duke, and I was ready to go to bed.
Speaker 1: I was barely even watching the game. I was looking at it was the second half.
Speaker 2: They just played like prevent defense.
Speaker 1: I was like slipping to the I was slipping to the golf like there was something like bullshit tournament in Texas, and I was like doom scrolling on my phone like a psycho. I was barely even watching the game then, and it's like, oh, yeah, Connecticut won. Connecticut won the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Because I laid it with whatever favorite I whatever favorite I bet, whether it was Nebraska, whether it was Iowa State, whether it was Gonzaga, there was a few other be I they Saint John's as I'm at the Vegas Airport. Like it's just it has been the worst stretch of my gambling career. The last three.
Speaker 1: Weeks probably hit the fuck added the worst eve been gambling for forever, the worst stretch, the three week stretch of my life, of my entire life in gambling or just in general, like your general life, or is it the same or do you.
Speaker 2: Think it's financially gam for a while? Well no, because like the worst three weeks of my life was when Coco died. Like that was way different. Like that's a different worse financially worse, isn't great mentally worse?
Speaker 1: Different dad question, I'm sorry that was a terrible question. Obviously that was much worse than losing some bets on some dumb basketball games.
Speaker 2: I would probably argue that mentally it was just as bad, like but in a different way, like in a different way, like one is like a heartbroken one is like I'm gonna have to go get another job, but the good news is my phone rang, Am I gonna get another job? I just can't tell you guys, about it yet so like it's like it's working itself out. But I have another job in July, so we need all you're doing.
Speaker 1: The show, Kelly, I lost so much money gam on the basketball she had had another job? Is that the is that what?
Speaker 2: The Basically I was like, I have to go back to make a bartender, Like I'm gonna go wake up like another shift on the weekends. Well, because like I had such a good January in early February that I just was spending a lot, buy a new couch, bought a new car. You thought about a new patio, like I thought.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about opening like a sports bar? I mean, I know that's like an incredibly difficult business to be in, but what if like your whole theme, like your whole theme of your bar could be like hot girls sweating bets on games or something I've had. People would like that, right, But why don't you do that?
Speaker 2: Here's the problem and why I haven't. And I looked at buying this Florida bar probably three years ago now I and I kind of I drive past it on the way to my dad's I'm like, damn it. But then I realized, like being three hours away from a place you own is probably not the best idea, even if you do have a great stuck So I was like, you know, I didn't really want to move up there. It was just kind of a thing that kind of fell into my lap. The problem is the kids don't drink, So if your audience is old people that still like to drink, I don't think that that really works. So you go to Hooters and these girls are not attractive because the attractive girls all do only fans. So like, where, Okay, where are you gonna get hot girls? If I lived in Miami, maybe it'd be a little different.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well I don't think you get a four a bar in Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not. Yeah, to live in Miami, but definitely in America. There's like more millionaires in Miami than anywhere else. No, I'm just saying, like, I just I feel like there's just not the right There's a lot of old people where I live, and that's great because it makes.
Speaker 1: Sense you could get maybe you could get away with like slightly less hot girls. Then no, No.
Speaker 2: I go to a lot of these places where it's like sports bar adjacent, Like we still have a Hooters at our town, which is crazy, and the girls there are I walk in and I'm like, damn, I'm twice your agent. I feel pretty fucking good about myself.
Speaker 1: Have you ever considered getting an OnlyFans account and then recruiting girls for your bar?
Speaker 2: But I guess, I guess that could be I guess that could be a thing. But no, I have not. Uh, but it's true, and you know it's true.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I haven't been I haven't been to a Hooters in a long time.
Speaker 2: You are a bar guy. You partake.
Speaker 1: I like going to the bar. I do know. I know that you're right about one thing. You said that the younger generation doesn't drink anywhere, like anywhere close to like what we drink, because I you know, I recently turned forty three. I got guys that work for me that are like twenty five, and they don't drink any were close to like with me and my dumb at friends drink because all they do is I mean, I'm guessing here, they go out to their cars and they come back and I don't know what happened while they were in the car because I'm an old idiot. But no, you know, what I'm talking about. They're more into that, which is legal in this state, than they are drinking.
Speaker 2: Right. But it's like, I don't even think it's the weed smoking. I think it's I never said anything about I think it's corn. I think it's sports betting. I think it's like OnlyFans, girls and endlessly doom scrolling. They don't go social. I saw a tweet about it that I thought was really interesting. It's like, hey, if they're not drinking for health purposes, I could see that, like, great, okay, good for them. There's garter than we are. There just endlessly slamming beers and saucers and bottles of wine and shots of tequila like I was at twenty five. That's great, that's for health. But I have a feeling it's because they don't like interacting with other people.
Speaker 1: Maybe they can't afford a drink in your economy here.
Speaker 2: That's not true, because we go out and margarita's are like five dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Have to say, hey, I want Mahina, Hey I want an upgraded tequila, and like, just so you know, that's two dollars more, just so you know that's not on the happy hour. Menu, and I'm like you, I'll take the upgrade.
Speaker 1: You throw money around, though.
Speaker 2: No, and but I understand, like on the strip in Las Vegas, going to a nightclub and paying eighteen dollars, oh never a vodka soda is one argument. But going to the office bar and paying four dollars for a white claw, come on, that is a complete Going to Naked City and getting a high noon is five dollars. Like, You're not gonna convince me that it's quote unquote two expensive when these are the same kids that spend nine dollars on a latte every morning, avocado toast.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Now, that's a good point. Now talking about throwing money around. Okay, I got I got these brackets in front of me, I got you, and I got Brendan, my guy here. Okay, So I was looking through them, and this is what I had to say about the result of this thing. I think. I think Brendan did a terrible job.
Speaker 2: I all I did was because I did at mid show as fast as I possibly could. I didn't even fucking care. I loved a few more upsets than he had because he had a bunch of chalk.
Speaker 1: I think he did a really poor job because I asked him to do a bracket the whole time, I asked him to do a bracket for me to give to somebody else that asked me to make her bracket for her office whatever, and I and I was like, here, you do this for me, and he gives me this. And then Kelly is sitting next to me in the super book we're doing a show in person together. You were lovely, by the way, and uh, and you just looked at his bracket and you were like, this is bullshit, and you just winged it off the top of your head and he barely beat you. I got the numbers in front of me, suck. Kelly twenty two, first round, Brendan twenty three, Kelly nine, second round, Brendan nine, Kelly three, Elite eight, Brendan only two. But Brendan got one in the final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I got a little Brendan got one.
Speaker 1: That fuck. But if if Michigan had lost to Tennessee. We know this now, we didn't know this at the time, but he had Michigan and Duke both making the final four. If Tennessee had beat Michigan, Duke lost, obviously, you would have beat him, and he had the benefit of sitting down and doing it, and you were under no time constraint and you just winged it on the show and he barely won. I gotta say, horror effort from Brendan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I shouldn't have gotten so spicy, and I I went a little too rogue with like VCU to the Elite eight or something and.
Speaker 1: Key Kelly's Final four. Again Brendan barely won.
Speaker 2: Loser. They got Michigan State.
Speaker 1: Yours was Michigan State v c U b y U, Iowa State. Brendan's was Duke Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan.
Speaker 2: That's my point. He used three one seeds and that's why I was such a jackass, because I was like, I don't want to use any one seed just to be a fuck, And of course it's still another chalk. Madness was dead.
Speaker 1: So the conversation we had in the in the risk room yesterday, Brendan was out of the room. It was me, a few of the other guys ed was there. I think, I don't know, there's a few of the other guys in there. So the conversation was, what is Brendan's taste of my victory here. Oh and because we've had a hundred bucks. What's my end? What's Brendan's end? I think he did such a bad job. I mean, I have to give him. I have to give him a tribute. I have to give him something. But I was thinking, like seventy five cents. I don't know what. I mean, what do you think about? Does he deserve it? I mean, I have to give him a tribute this point.
Speaker 2: My venmo and paypalace, so to apped he's gonna have to wait at least still next Monday. Fuck. That sucks so fucking bad.
Speaker 1: It's been a long it's been a long tournament. But we've we've actually done pretty well. We got out of well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got eleven to everyone's ten. I hope you did all right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's not even that, it's just march madness. You have so many people doing parlays, so many people doing parlays. Now, we wouldn't have been in a superposition had Duke let's let's just say Duke Duke was up fifty to thirty three in the second half on Sunday, they lost the skin. If they if they had just gone on and won and cover the spread, which it certainly looked like they were going to. Then it would have been four out of four favorites, not just winning in the ELITEA, but covering, and then it would have been a tough weekend. But they didn't. They knocked Duke out of the future book for us. Future book looks pretty good. We don't want Illinois, but the future book looks good. I just think I can't believe. I cannot believe that Duke lost that game on Sunday and the game against Houston last year in the National Semifinal, which they also could not have possibly lost. It's it just doesn't even seem it's amazing. I'm not articulate enough to come up with the words for how bad those two losses were. If Hayden Boozer had just stood there and gotten fouled and then gone down to the free throw line and missed both of the free throws, Duke would have been better off because Connecticut would have gotten the ball down to under their own basket. He could have missed both free throws and they would have been better off. It's it's impossible that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, everyone's asking us if John Tryer is gonna get fired, and I'm like, no, he's not gonna get fired. But if you look at some of their historic chokes as of late, I don't Here's my problem. Okay, I'm a ksa basketball football fan, but the expectation is not national championship or bust. When you are the University of Texas in football, or Alabama and football, or your Duke Yukon University of Kansas, all these blue bloods, if you will, it is national champion or bust to a lot of these fan bases, like Duke up nineteen. I think I'd be fucking pissed if I was a Duke fan. I would be very pissed.
Speaker 1: If you're Duke and you have several NBA players, including one guy who's going to go very high on the lottery, and you're a one seed, of course it's national championship or bust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean even even to start the season for the season September before Vegas is like going all in on Duke, right, Like, I don't remember who the odds on favorite was. It was probably Florida to return or I.
Speaker 1: Think it was like Purdue maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: Okay, regardless, it wasn't Duke right, people started talking about Duke was up there, they were up there, they were top ten. But is like, I feel like mid December is when Duke became the odds on favorite to win it all.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, that's not true. Michigan was.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Duke passed Michigan shortly after they beat Michigan.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Go back, go back to that game, which I believe was in February. Michigan was I want to say, a two and a half point favorite in that game in Washington, DC. Duke wins that game, then they became number one. Michigan was the team that we thought was the best pretty much.
Speaker 2: All Yeah, February twenty first, you're right, they lost by five on a neutral. Yeah, you're right. That makes sense. So anyway, But my point is is like, as a fan, I want to say, whether it's Ku basketball again, Michigan State, even Tennessee, everybody just expects Rick Barnes to choke. Maybe Tennessee fans were pretty happy with this year's result, right, Like I know when Jerome Tange got k State to the Elite eight, KSE eight fans were happy. I of course was pissed off because I thought we should have beat Fau and Dusty May. But that's a whole another argument. I also have to understand that my expectations are not the traditional fans expectations, no or not, and I there s pretty high.
Speaker 1: I'll piggyback a little bit on what you just said because I saw I've seen people tweeting about all these legendary coaches and how many years it took before they won their first national championship, and how it's unfair to John Shire because I think he's been like five years. Maybe these other guys didn't inherit with John Shire inherited guys. Okay, he walked into a place where if he doesn't win at all, if he doesn't make the final four, it's a bad it. They don't make the final four, it's pretty much a bad year.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem. And whether it's football, where there's basketball, baseball now, even there is post nil era and there's pre what Bill Snyder did in the nineties is never going to be replicated just because the game has changed. What Kirk Signetti has done in less than two and a half years at the University of Indiana is still nothing short of a miracle, and I don't want to take that away from him, but you cannot say that was the greatest turnaround ever because he didn't build it from scratch. He bought it. He bought and paid for twenty four year olds to play football.
Speaker 1: It is what it is still pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it's not. It's just different. And what coach k did with Duke in the nineties and two thousands is different. What Bill self has done with Ku ten years ago is different than what he's doing with them now. It is different.
Speaker 1: Bill soft inherited a pretty good program for Maury Williams though.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. But my point is Bill self also had a really nice Illinois team. Okay, so he left the legacy there as well that maybe Bruce Weber would like to take credit for. But now Brad Underwood is back in the Final four, So it's like, what do you do? Yeah, you kind of have to look at it from that standpoint and say they're just different. But yes, if I was a Duke fan and you've had five years with a significant NIL budget and tons of NBA players, look at Kentucky all of a sudden Cali Parry's gone. Everybody wanted to run him out of town. Row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we talked about this before. I think Calipari very under probably underappreciated the job he's done in Arkansas. Not that Arkansas was a nothing program. They're they all always pretty good, but he I think he's gone back to back sweet sixteens, he won the SEC Tournament, he's done bet Most importantly, he's done better than Kentucky's done without him. I think that's the main thing, because I don't think anybody would ever argue that Arkansas is on the level of Kentucky in basketball. I hope nobody can argue that. But Calipari's done better than his successor at Kentucky. Kelly mentioned Brad Underwood and Illinois. They are two point favorite in the first semi final Saturday in Indianapolis, completely even betting on this game.
Speaker 2: Just so, Yukon isn't the square dog. Everybody keeps talking on social media.
Speaker 1: Now here, We've got actually we've got two more tickets on Illinois than we do on you, So very very very even game for us here right now, Kelly and I are recording on what is today Thursday, Thursday afternoon, April second.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I hate April Fool's Day. Did I talk to you about this?
Speaker 2: I forgot about it yesterday. I didn't April fools anybody, because I'm an adult.
Speaker 1: You know, I know you hate soccer. But Liverpool has a star player that they bought last summer. He's been hurt all year. He's supposed to be back next week. He's missed like the whole season. He's supposed to be back next week. They got this huge game on Wednesday and in Paris, and there's this account. Remember you're supposed to go, and there's this account that tweeted this like, oh Easta, I kind of setback in training and I'm like and I opened it up. I'm like, god, damn it. And then I realized it was April Fools. That's not funny, Yeah, that's not That's the funny.
Speaker 2: Thing I saw was like some w NBA game or something like that where they had a guy take a half point shot and he's blindfolded. He made it sound like he made it. They present him with his big ass check and they're like, hey, congratulations or no, it is a Washington Wizards game. Same thing to the NBA Washington Wizards, same thing. Yeah, anyway, but like the guy was a good sport about it. The announcer was laughing. She's like, sorry, you want to see your shot, and he's like watching him just completely airball it, of course, and so he didn't win ten grand, but she's like, hey, we're gonna give you some courtside seats as well as this and this and that whatever whatever, and like you still won.
Speaker 1: But it was kind of a funny. How badly did he miss?
Speaker 2: Really bad?
Speaker 1: See if you I mean, even with a blindfold, if you knew where the basketball, if you knew where the hoop was, if you missed it like horrendously bad, you would know it didn't go in.
Speaker 2: I don't think he I think it was okay. Let me aphrase that if he didn't have a blindfold on, it was an awful shot. Because he had a blindfold on, it wasn't that bad of a shot. It's way better than I could do without a blindfold. How about that? Anyway? The only one that came across my social media that was like okay, that was kind of funny, Like they just messed with the guy, like just for fine at a basketball game. Because those like halftime or in between quarters or whatever, those like little fun events are just to get the crowd into it. You know what I mean. You got a good laugh from the crowd. You got a good laugh from the guy. He gets court side seats for whatever. And that's your consolation prize. You gotta go to another Wizard's.
Speaker 1: Game, short side seats the Wizards. Sounds like a punishment, That's what I mean. Here's what you have to come back because you missed.
Speaker 2: But here you go come back for some game that no one gives a shit about. Maybe it'll be versus the Key.
Speaker 1: Well, the Wizards are trying to lose that they want a high draft pick to go with. Apparently Anthony Davis plays there. Now the other game, the other game is unbelievable. By the way, Like I saw, you know, we've got a great friend. His name is Mitch Moss, and I saw this clip of him. He was on his show with Paulie talking about Paully Howard talking about These are two of the highest four rated teams ever for Ken Palm. Arizona and Michigan both fall in the top four since Ken Palm started ranking teams. I think Mitch said it was in ninety seven fact checking on that. That's how good this game is. The game set. Oh my gosh, both these teams I've been I've said I think Michigan is the best team. I've said I think they're gonna win it all. God knows, we need him to win it all. We do extremely well in futures if they win it all. But Arizona is right there with them. I mean, Arizona is just as good on any given night. Arizona really turned up the heat against Purdue in that second half.
Speaker 2: That was fair, had great second halfs well.
Speaker 1: Michigan just did it from the moment the game started again. But I would argue that Produce is a much tougher opponent than Tennessee. I thought what Arizona did being down seven and a half and winning pretty easily, what was very impressive last weekend. Michigan is a one and a half point favorite here. We did take We took a fair bit of money on Arizona at plus two, especially right now. We definitely need Michigan. Most of the tickets, most of the money is on Arizona.
Speaker 2: I just bet it in a tea game for tonight.
Speaker 1: What why don't you tell us about that? Why don't you tell us.
Speaker 2: About it won't be out in time. The show won't be out in time. And it's not my play. It was just a play that came through.
Speaker 1: It's not my You don't have any faith in our our producers. Johnny Hoagland Louis Denofrio to.
Speaker 2: Over in the Clemson Wake Forest baseball game. I thought, it's baseball, and it's baseball.
Speaker 1: Are you sure about How could you get a total? How could you be confused about a total between baseball and they open it? What was the total? Was it one hundred and forty thirteen? That sounds like baseball, That's what I said.
Speaker 2: I assumed it was basketball. I'm sorry, and that's why I asked if anybody had been betting in it. I assumed it was basketball. It's not basketball, it is college baseball.
Speaker 1: Well, don't have much Actually, you know what we do. This probably won't be out for the show, but we did take a lot of money on New Mexico, New Mexico against Tulsa.
Speaker 2: Probably gonna bet Auburn. Marco is on Auburn and he's been doing really well. I like to figure out when the guy's on wager, talker on fire, and when I'm not on fire, then I like to like tail them so that I can feel better about myself.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was sharpy Friday with Marco.
Speaker 2: He's a fine young man, fine young man.
Speaker 1: What what speaking of fine young men? Very fine young man? Brett? What was his golf pick this week?
Speaker 2: Well, Brett did one of those switcheroo things that he loves to do so much. So you got so he goes, tells me on Tuesday, Hey, we're playing Jordan's Speed, so I walk in on splash Jordan's Speed. Tells me this morning, Hey, we're not playing Jordan's Speed. We're playing Straka stepstraca. So you guys have stepstraca, so we have stept Okay, Yeah, next week, biggest golf tournament of the year.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe what not? Maybe definitely my one of my favorite sporting events of the year, maybe my favorite sporting end of the year, the Masters taking place at Augusta. So we'll have to figure out a time to chat next week. And do you want to do a show for that?
Speaker 2: Is that you will have to do a show on Thursday and going up to my dad's on Monday.
Speaker 1: Kelly Kelly can't be on Thursday, so it's gonna I think it's probably probably look at it, you can't do.
Speaker 2: I am TBD. Dad is having a heart procedure on Monday, and I really don't want to commit to anything until I know that I can leave him. I mean, I could do it from his house, but it's not going to be I mean I can, I guess I could. I'll just do the show.
Speaker 1: It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I've done some shows from his house before.
Speaker 1: Why don't we let's see how John Stewart's doing and then we'll pick a time. But if we're going to do a show.
Speaker 2: Obviously must be our last show, right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't the thing end after the Masters?
Speaker 2: I think that's when our contract is up.
Speaker 1: Excellent? Excellent, So why don't we see how John Stewart's feeling and then we'll figure out a time. But it wouldn't need to seriously, it wouldn't need to be before Thursday though, because the Master.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, and I know I have to be back on Thursday because Reese is having surgery on Thursday. So what's wrong with this weird growth? It's like right here on her little white star patch. And Brett wants to cut it off because he's a pain in my ass. I am for not cutting things off. I am for your body is creating these like weird little growths to protect you. And stabbing a needle into an aka biopsy or cutting things without getting the rest of it just fuels the fire by adding oxygen to it. It's kind of a crazy conspiracy theory that I have.
Speaker 1: But you have a crazy conspiracy theory. You can't be serious. I've never heard you say do you I've never heard you say anything crazy anything.
Speaker 2: Settle this debate. Me and Mihlem got a big, big debate yesterday and I asked Twitter and then everybody lost their minds. Do you think in nineteen sixty nine we landed on the moon? Do you actually believe that we landed on the moon in nineteen sixty nine and we just haven't been back.
Speaker 1: Here's what Here's what I'll say, because I'll say it's a it's a it's a it's a non answer, But it's how I feel. If you live through the last ten years with COVID and everything else has gone on in the last ten years, and you don't question everything you've been told from the previous thousand years, You, my friend, are a moron. That's all about that?
Speaker 2: How about that with my mom? My mom is sitting here telling me she worked at the Wall Mego, Kansas Hospital and watched on this little tiny TV with the some guy she worked with and she saw in her own eyes. And I'm like, okay, Mom, but you weren't there. And then you listen to like some of these like weird interviews with like buzz Aldrin and whatever. Again, I don't have some like definitive I think that face is fake, right, Like I'm not like that. I don't think the Earth is flat, but like I do have some questions about everything I've ever learned, and when there was just a tiny snippet of doubt, that opens it up to lots of realms of possibility that make me question everything.
Speaker 1: I think if you live through COVID, you probably should be questioning everything you're told. That's all. That doesn't That doesn't mean that I don't think we landed on the moon. I'm just saying that I don't think you should take anything in face value after what they put us through and what they told us. I mean, how could you tell how could you really take anything in face value if it was something from like what'd you say that was sixty years ago? Or or another something else one hundred.
Speaker 2: Sixty and everybody's like, it wasn't nineteen sixty six, it was nineteen sixty nine. I'm like, sixty ish, you're seven years ago.
Speaker 1: How about faith seven years ago?
Speaker 2: Guys. Any of my point was is like, do you wholeheartedly believe this? I was curious and it turns out like almost seventy percent of people just blind faith believe we landed on the moon.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't think I blind faith believe anything anything.
Speaker 2: That's my whole point. Yeah, trust me, I've asked. I have asked so many fucked up questions in the last probably ten years, because now I believe nothing. And that is also another rabbit hole in itself. It's like, like they've always said, if you were remember that history is written by the victors. If you're the side that won, you get to tell what happened. If if I let me give you an example, I watch all these murders, I watch all these murder mysteries, I watch all these fucked up documentaries about ship that goes on and I.
Speaker 1: Like, give me an example of one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just watched Eileen, which is about the Mark, the movie, the documentary about her. Okay, it's like, well, the other guy's dead, so you have her side of the story, right, Like, it's the same thing you're gonna get. You're not you can't get that guy's side of the story. You can have some circumstantial evidence, you can have eyewitness reports, you can ask as family members what type of person he was. And then in the end, I'm not gonna give away in case anybody wants to watch it, they drop all this fucking crazy evidence and the prosecutors like, yeah, but she still murdered him in cold blood, And it's like, how the fuck was this? It's not in court, Like how was this not presented?
Speaker 1: Strange example to go to a serial killer. Strange example from.
Speaker 2: You, right, But my point is is the one they left out a lot of pertinent information about the guy she allegedly murdered.
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 2: Uh. The point is is you only when when the other person's dead. So we have a war, right, Russia, United States, fucking whatever has a war, and only one side wins. Who gets to write the history books.
Speaker 1: Well that I do agree with that.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying, is, now here's this story coming out all these years later, now that she's been executed, and it's like, well that I don't recall that that wasn't in the movie Monster. Oh wait, this prosecutor sat on this information, knowing this and didn't present it in court. Where the fuck was her attorney? That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Is it Russia? You do?
Speaker 2: It's really fucked up.
Speaker 1: Last night, me and Mario watched the lamar Odom one the lamar So there's a documentary out about lamar Odom on Netflix. It's pretty good. See, I didn't I didn't know any of that story. Like, I mean, I remember that he got into some I actually I don't. I don't remember any of it. I'm sorry, I don't remember. But he like he overdosed at like the ranch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lived in Vegas when that I know, And I just I don't remember any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, Like, I just don't remember that.
Speaker 2: He was married to Chloe Kardashian and then like they got a divorce and they found him like unresponsible out there.
Speaker 1: Chloe Kardashian basically, according this documentary saved his life because his own family members were like fucking pull the plug. I mean not his kids, but like his dad because they wanted the money. Yeah, and Chloe kar Chloe Kardashian came across like a badass man. I didn't know any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: I watch it, I haven't. I didn't even see. Here's the problem when you shared people, it gives you like a skew what you might want to watch, and like, I would like to watch that.
Speaker 1: Lamar, Oh, that's good, it's good. It really, it's a good one. Okay, I love I like all those untold athlete stories on Netflix. I watched I pretty much watched all those. Those are great and it was it's worth a watch.
Speaker 2: I think I think we're gonna see some crazy shit come out about Jade and Ivy. By the way, what's.
Speaker 1: The actual what's what's the actual story with Jade Knavy? What actually happened?
Speaker 2: I don't have time to cut him, I know that, But what what did he do? He quoted some Bible verses kind of went an unhinged rant. Was it homophobic? I guess they could say that it was. I personally didn't think that there was like anything over the top, that was bad that he said. But of course certain members of the media like he's on Well he needs to be committed. He's got a mental health issue. So it's like, well, that's really what happened, then we should get him some help. But they're not going to because he doesn't align with their values.
Speaker 1: Is what he's said?
Speaker 2: No, his mom was in the WNBA, is what he really Yes, that's what I'm saying. I've been kind of going through.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe that's why he has some of the views that he has, and he's entitled to have those. I will agree that any employer is entitled to say those views don't align with ours. The problem is there are constitutional rights. There's a lot of gray area. It is what it is. I'm not here to argue whether he should have been cut or not. But I found out today that his mom was in the WNBA, and I'm like, oh, no, I wonder if that explains some things.
Speaker 1: Is what he said bad enough to get Anthony Edwards cut? No? Okay, so he got So that's really okay, that's the real story. I got it because you know, like a lot of those football players and I'm not making light of it, but there are a lot of football players that committed terrible, terrible attacks on female.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a kick them.
Speaker 1: To stay in the league, and some of them did and we all know why. Okay, Okay, I don't uh, I don't really have anything that I can say I would call sharp for the two final four games. I mean, it's it's it's hard when you when you get to this level of the tournament. The lines are good, the lines are good. It's not this isn't really where you know you'd see your your sharp guys eat, so to speak. Kelly, They've they've done that already. They're doing that in the smaller tournaments. Apparently they're doing that on college baseball totals.
Speaker 2: Because I couldn't get down.
Speaker 1: But they it's not it's not really gonna be the an area where they're going to really weigh in. Kelly mentioned women's basketball. We did see the number go down a little bit on the South South Carolina women play Yukon women in the Final four, and we did see some money come in on South Carolina. We got down to six and a half Yukon a six and a half point favorite. By the way, your guys told me that, you know, they clipped out something I said about the women's tournament having too many teams, which does by the way, and some people got upset they did. The four to one seeds made it and not only that, but all four of them won their regional final games like going away, not even remotely close. I like the women's NCAA tournament. I thought it was really fun a couple of years ago when Caitlin Clark was at Iowa and they played LSU. We had a lot of business on those games. I really enjoy the women's tournament. I'm just saying that there's not sixty eight teams. I guess you could say that that's going to become the true true of the men's tournament. Now in the NIL era, that would be a good argument. Actually, that would.
Speaker 2: Be expand the tournament. That should be the taking away part of the tournament.
Speaker 1: But now now the women's tournament is down to the four to one seeds, South Carolina, Yukon, Tehas and UCLA. That should be good. They play Friday night. Their championship game is Sunday, so it's just you've got those early rounds and the women's tournament where it's just kind of silly when when a team is up, you know, when the team is like a fifty point favorite in what's supposed to be the championship tournament, the dot.
Speaker 2: React to everything all the time. That's what you finally got a taste of the medicine from these boys because they love to clip what I say and like spin it. And now that's what they did to you. But it's true as a woman that so you can't call me a sexist even though I don't really like women's sports sexist.
Speaker 1: I like women's college basketball. I like I do like living.
Speaker 2: I did Murray. Should we be back in the dating pool? I feel like we need to get back to remember on the show when I used to try to find you a girl friend.
Speaker 1: I think we need to get Oh yes, let's get right on that. Actually, I find I find your fans by and large because on these busy weekends, a lot of people ask say hello to me, and I find your fans by and large to be great. Honestly, I met I met yeah, your fans. I met two guys they're your fans. I had a couple of guys that played football Kansas State that they said hello to me. They said they're fans of the show. Most of the people that I meet are really, really nice. I just the thing that I won't miss at all about it is like these fucking babies. When one, like a bet loses, you know, and it's like, oh my god, Chris, the Sharp guys lost.
Speaker 2: In that chat, sinse.
Speaker 1: Any of them, any of them? I can't. Every time it's.
Speaker 2: Like this is here, I need to go meet up with him.
Speaker 1: So I thought you said that the Sharp guys were on Iowa. It's like, yeah, they were, and they lost. Shut the funk up about it.
Speaker 2: I was as sharp.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. I won't miss that. I can't listen to that. It's just like I lost my bet. Now, somebody placate me. I'm not gonna playkate you. I don't give a ship. I don't care at all. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I lost a fucking plumber salary in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Hey plumbers ship.
Speaker 2: I'm he doesn't listen to the show.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, plumbers do well for themselves.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh why as an insult.
Speaker 2: Blumber salary?
Speaker 1: I thought you were saying that as an insult. You were saying that plumbers salary, that's a good one. Uh yeah, I don't. I'm sorry. I don't really have I don't really have much.
Speaker 2: We need. We need Yukon to beat Illinois for splack. I need Arizona to be the national champion so that I can win like four dimes split one hundred ways and right off into the sunset and be done with college basketball till November.
Speaker 1: You get, you get four thousand to yourself or it's four thousand split one hundred ways.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, there's two hundred and fifty thousand. There's ninety nine of us that have Yukon Arizona, and I'm gonna gohead and guess eighty eight of those ninety nine are gonna go Yukon Arizona. Yeah, I mean, listen, I'm not I understand. If you want to gamble, you go Arizona beat Michigan and then Yukon to beat Arizona. But I just I they're gonna be what give me? Give me the final four spreads that you guys have, do you guys have escape?
Speaker 1: I can give you the numbers, but don't you think that because of what you just said like he hear me out on this real quickly because of I'm scrolling down because of what you just said. Don't you think that you should do the opposite of what everybody else is going to do?
Speaker 2: Zero dollars? What's the point dollars? I'd rather win like fur or five dimes to like.
Speaker 1: To just persons trying to go for the gusto and win.
Speaker 2: Right, because ninety nine of us have the same results. So yeah, Yukon has to beat Illinois and then they are what a four and a half point favorite to Michigan. Michigan.
Speaker 1: We talked about this a fair bit. If Arizona were to play Yukon in the title game, you're probably I think that's about right, maybe a little. I know it's a bad answer, but so much of it, So much of it depends on how they win. If Arizona or Michigan blows out the other one, which I don't think they will, but if they do, then you're gonna get yourself like a six or a seven, a seven and a half type national championship game. Like if Michigan beats Arizona the way they've beat everybody else in this tournament, they are going to be a big favorite. I think, didn't they play at Illinois a couple of months ago and win that game very easily? Like I think that might be Purdue. I'm thinking of it. But if Michigan were to go and really run up the score on Arizona, they would be a big favorite on Monday. But I think the more normal results, with more results that fit the point spreads, that we are the ah the point spreads on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Was lost in November to Arizona seventy one sixty seven at home.
Speaker 1: I remember that game. No, I think I think Arizona would probably be like.
Speaker 2: A four half lost right after the week after on a neutral court to Connecticut seventy four to sixty one. They also lost to Michigan eighty four seventy.
Speaker 1: Where was that game at home? Okay, that's probably the game I'm thinking of, so that that's pretty impressive. And I remember watching there was like a I want to say Tuesday or a Wednesday night when Michigan played at Purdue and Michigan was a small favorite, like a three ish point three foursh point favorite, and all this money came in on Purdue the home dog, and Michigan smoked them and it was just like wow, Like when these guys Michigan, when Michigan is hitting their marks and they're playing to their top level, no one is gonna beat them. No one's gonna beat Michigan on their best day. But the beauty of this tournament is it's one game. I mean, could Arizona beat Michigan on Saturday, Of course they could.
Speaker 2: I guess. I just here's my thing, Like, there is a way to hedge. Right, Let's say that I did go Yukon, Yukon wins and Arizona's out, I'm already out of the tournament, right, somebody else is gonna have Michigan, so I'm not gonna make any money there anyway. If I do go Arizona and in Arizona and Yukon win, laying what minus one eighty.
Speaker 1: If you go, If you go Arizona, you could be out before the game starts because you might lose to Illinois that's the first game, right, You're right, you could you could be out before your game even starts.
Speaker 2: Like, just use Yukon, hopefully they win, and hopefully Arizona beats Michigan, and then I can use them in the National championship game. That's the only plan I have. And there's some other guys with Michigan Illinois, and there's a few other guys. Uh, there's a lot of people that buried themselves by either having no teams left or having two teams on the same side of the bracket. So you got some guys that are just dead, dead man walking because they did it wrong. But yeah, I mean it's pretty impressive. They're still mean. Look, there's still quite a few of us left. I was shocked. I was shocked to see this many of us left. Well, it was a tournament.
Speaker 1: Tournament, Illinois should have a lot of fans there, right.
Speaker 2: Two people left, but several of them have no entries. And yeah, I would think.
Speaker 1: I would Illinois is gonna have good support there. Arizona fans are really good. There'll be a lot of Arizona fans there. Actually, you kind of Michigan are too.
Speaker 2: It's a really good have so many fans. But they're like kyu, they have all these fans that didn't go there.
Speaker 1: What is that? What does that matter?
Speaker 2: They're like Walmart, They're called Walmart, Walmart Wolverine. Someone told me a Michigan State fan told me that. I mean, why your Michigan gear at Walmart? Because you didn't actually go to school there. Because it's really hard to get in. You gotta be super smart.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know that Michigan's a good school. Michigan's a really good school. Actually, Illinois is a good school, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know with Illinois. All the people I know from Illinois either related to Brett or related to me. We're not smart enough to go to Illinois.
Speaker 1: Connecticut is a good school. And all our sportsbook manager art this Caesar is a Connecticut guy. He's a great Huskies fan, so he'll be rooting for Connecticut. We're gonna be rooting for Connecticut. We we do very poorly. We do poorly on Illino. We do fine on Yukon. We do fine on Arizona. We do very very well on mission.
Speaker 2: Coming in here to tell me at six pm?
Speaker 1: Come here.
Speaker 2: You know this dog knows what time it is. He's like, mom, I was supposed to be fed three minutes ago. Come here, Come here. You want to, Murray, come here.
Speaker 1: I want to I love dogs. Dogs jump, so rider come Mario jumps to all of them.
Speaker 2: He doesn't listen. Yes, he does, come here, let me see the girl, love dogs here, feed me, seed me. You know what time it is, He says, it's time to the show.
Speaker 1: Show has been going too long. John Murray has been rambling on and on. I am going to bring I'm gonna bring the big guy Mario in here on Saturday for the final four. Should be a fun day. Let me know when you want to know a Master's shows. Let me know when you want to do your Master's show. I'm sorry, I don't have any I have.
Speaker 2: To do a Wednesday. Reese is having surgery Thursday, so I just have to come back Wednesday afternoon. And if I have to drive back up to my dad's on Friday, that's just what I have to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll plan on Wednesday and we'll try to get you guys some Master's picks and we'll talk later.
Speaker 2: Gay bye,