Speaker 1: Com Clay, Travison, Bucks, Epston, Epstein didn't kill himself. I don't think that's a crazy town perspective.
Speaker 2: Today at noon on fifty five KRC, the talk station, The fifty five k r C The Talktasian Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Serious a vacation.
Speaker 4: Listen, that's the way the news going.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is Brian Thomas wishing every one a very happy Monday. Try to make it so anyway. Feel free to call this morning. I love hearing from the listeners to something to like to talk about. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight to two three Talk with Tom five fifty on your eighteen and T phones and fifty five kr C dot com the podcast When you Can't Listen Live. Got Bill sites in the property tax reform from last week. Brigham Accown in the studio from the Hudson Institute, the Energy policy guru. He is it's some interesting updates on that national energy policy changing under the Trump administration fairly dramatically and I think in the right direction anyway. A little bit on that a little bit later, of course, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. I think it's appointment listening he's offering some really important information information. Again, you can get a fifty five care seat I Comedy can't listen live coming up on the fifty five caresee Morning show Man who's made it in the news. A lot of late Corey Bowman running from Mayor of the City. Since then, of course, they've been asking him for his comments and reaction to the horrific beat down that occurred last weekend. Lots and lots of national attention on that, and of course the press conference has passed over. On the first of August. Updates on that if you can get to see a Christopher smith and of course he'll be joining the program Corey at seven five Topics the mayors and you decide. Was it an embarrassing press conference? A lot of community leaders in there offering their thoughts and comments and their takes on what little video we've got or what video we do have. Please Chief Fie, she said she's got a lot more that she may be releasing this this week and maybe don't jump to conclusions anyway, we'll get his thoughts on the latest news from downtown Cincinnati seven oh five for Corey Bowman Christopher Smithman. It is Monday, every Monday eight at seven twenty we get to hear from the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I suspect the subject matter will be the same as it was last week as the beatdown. Anyway, Monday, Monday, it is Monday. We'll get Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. Today Trump to name a new FED chair. Really, I know he's looking for one, going to let the term run out from by all accounts, But we'll find out from Brian what his take is on that. Are the labor statistics calculated incorrectly? Donald Trump says they are. Somebody lost their job over that one. And should high schoolers have to take a personal finance course? Well, yeah, is that a rhetorical question. I think it's important. You know, it's interesting if you learn household economics, you know how to balance a checkbook, or you know, only spending the money that comes in and not more than the money that comes in, the idea that there's interest that you have to pay on credit card debt, and you know, on and on and on. All those things translate from and it's important to know that kind of thing, not just because you can manage your finances within your own household. But they create a perception of what it takes to be financially responsible. So when you see your elected officials digging us into this massive, insurmountable debt, you think I could never run my house that way.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: If you have that personal finance course, then you can criticize government because the world does not work the way the government works. Period. From Donovan's Automa Automobile, Dane Donovan's going to join the program. They have a car giveaway. Donovan's always community service or community activists, and they're always doing great things. And they've got a twenty thirteen Subaru that they have. It's in top running order and they're looking for folks to nominate people in need that could use a car, a good running car that Donovan's has repaired and in top running order. So an opportunity for you to help someone out and need Dane Donovan to join the program at eight forty to talk about that and a salute to Donovan's they do a great job, really great job. AH five on three seven eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. I don't know if the event is sold out. I tend to think it is, and I'm referring to this This evening's Jim and jack v V Ramaswami U meeting with of course Christophers Hyman's going to be there. It's at Jim and Jackson the River five point thirty. I saw the announcement for the press. I think the door opens for the press at four pm, and you had to RSVP now. As of Friday, the rsv site on VVG for Ohio was still open. I just checked it this morning and there is no mention of this town hall on his website, so I suspect that maybe it's already sold out. The one person I have a feeling who knows west Side, Jim Keefer. I texted him this morning to find out if he had any idea. Christopher Smithman, if you're listening right now, if you have any idea, maybe you can let us know at seven twenty when you're on. But that is tonight at Jim and Jackson the River. It should be rather interesting hearing from well. All kinds of folks are invited. As of late Friday, his VVG for Ohio website was still accepting RSVPs, and again I checked it this morning and couldn't see a link to it. That doesn't mean that it isn't there. It's just that my cursory review of the website well showed no information about it. Anyway. Since our officials had an August first press conference to address the videos that are circulating regard to the attacks in downtown Cincinnati, which portrayed the city and what they thought was a cynical and unfair manner. Hm, I have to have Purval mayor, he was there, actually showed up for something, please, Chief Threes, Thigi Cheryl Long, the city manager, along with community leaders including Damon Lynch, who reached his own independent conclusions based upon what he perceives to be reality. Purval said that it's overt racial tensions that have been claimed by irresponsible leaders who have unfortunately cynically tried to take advantage of this awful fight and try to divide us. Huh. This is kind of a message theme that goes on throughout the press conference. What do politicians do when events like this pop up? They try to work them to their own advantage. This is what politicians do. It doesn't matter which side of the political ledger you're on. If something's going to come up to provide you a vehicle to make some comments or draw some conclusions. Politicians typically grab the bull by the horns and do exactly that. I don't know why this comes as some surprise. This doesn't come as a surprise. It's just they're trying to make it out to be. This is this is terrible. This is terrible. Five men and one woman subjected to unimaginable physical violence. Corded to police Chief Teresa Thiji, five men and one woman has a lot more people involved in receiving beatdowns or other physical attacks than originally reported. We thought it was just the two that were there and the little video that we've got. Six people have been charged, Four have been arrested.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 5: They're still searching for two of the suspects, and they said they'd name them when they were apprehended. Three tg The chief said this remains an open investigation. I assure you we will not stop until justice is fully served, pivoting over to community leader or pastor Damon Lynch. The third amongst several speakers said the fight was racialized. We would not be here and this would not be national news if this was a group of black people that jumped on other black people. Well, you know what, I'll can see the point maybe, And this is something that I always find puzzling. There is no community uproar when it's black on black crime. Your pause to think about that. Statistically speaking, a lot of crime at black on black crime. There is a lot of it out there. There are murders, there are beatdowns, there's physical assaults, all kinds of things that go on never makes the national news. Maybe it has been racialized. I think the appalling nature of it was that, regardless of what happened to start the fight, that this constant, this continual beating just went on and on and on. Does the motivation for the original altercation have any connection with the just savage nature of the beating? And I suspect maybe if this savage beating was, you know, on involving people of any racial background, that it might be in the national news. Look, this is horrific behavior. The conduct is inexcusable, most notably the beatdown of Holly, who appeared to be just an innocent bytanp. Biston are trying to render aid. See her story seems to be pushed off to the side. When you start talking about some racial slur that's been uttered or may not have been. I don't know. The white guy that got the beatdown may have uttered something racial. Is that justification? But you know, push to the side is Holly who just got punched in the face, and she wasn't doing anything wrong. There's no suggestion that she uttered anything racial. Damon Lynch said it was a street fight and not a racially motivated attack. Where did he get his information? Any can anybody say definitively what this was? Lynch said that what he saw in the video was a black man and a white man engaged in a verbal dispute. A second black man stepped in attempted to de escalate the situation. Then the white man slapped the third black man, and after that the white man was met with disproportionate force. Damian Lynch's words, and I all agree with those words. And then he pivoted over to wonder why only black people have been arrested. He is, when I see the mugshots, I only see people who look like me. I don't see the person who slapped another black man, so I don't see the slapper's mug shot. Well, wait a minute, isn't that a racially motivated statement? Fiji said the police department's investigation is ongoing. More video footage they have in their possession, but it hasn't been released. Addressing Damon Lynch, he goes Reverend Lynch explained what we saw when he saw the footage, which is the footage that has been extensively reviewed by the public. Probably early next week that will be either name today or maybe sometime later this week. I will be releasing additional footage, including body warn camera footage that tells a little bit more of the story. But right now I need to let the investigators continue to do their jobs. She previously said back on July twenty eighth in a press conference that the video footage that you and I have seen is missing context, saying social media, the post that we've seen is not to pick the entire incident. That's one version of what occurred. The times, social media and mainstream media and their commentaries are misrepresentations of the circumstances surroundny given event. And again, does this come as a surprise anybody. They're acting like this is some sort of new revelation. Oh my god, this has never happened before. People speculating on something that they've seen without all of the information. Jeez, I address that all the time. You know, I'm gonna keep my popcorn out and wait till I get more information before I reach any given conclusion, because that's what smarter people do. Some people benefit from stirring the pot and drawing early conclusions, quite often community activists, people with political agendas.
Speaker 1: Duh.
Speaker 5: Apparently the guy, insofar as Lynch is concerned about the guy who slapped the other person. They have contacted that guy, but he lawyered up, Dji said. The council said no, he did not want the police talking to his clients. So therefore we have not had a conversation with him yet yet. Councilman Scottie Johnson, chair of the City's Council's City Cincinnia Council's Public Safety Committee, quote, when you continuously run a loop where you have national leaders that are speaking irresponsibly, showing black and white people trying to knock each other's heads off, what role do you play media in continually showing that level of violence. He's having a go at media.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: We live in the Internet age. You are a journalist. You are free to a comment on anything you want, do so at your own peril. Draw early conclusions without all the information. You may be held accountable down the road. Oh, you're the idiot who concluded acts when we didn't have all the information in fact, But that goes on twenty four to seven, on thousands and thousands of different news topics. They're appalled and shocked that people would go out on social media and the media would actually report on this. Is it not newsworthy what we saw so far, even not having all the facts and information, that people could get so savage and beat people to the ground and continue to beat them after they have been thoroughly well, after they lost the battle. And then I'll pivot back over to Holly surprisingly absent, at least in so far as the focus of the the propriety of the response, I guess is a way of answering it. Lynch. David Lynch, third Qu's National Republican Vice President, J. D. E. Vance of eve A Ramaswami, Bernie Moreno of politicizing the fracas. Well, you know a lot of us are concerned about law and order in this great land of ours, and Democrat policies and and lack of tough enforcement on crime has increased crime in a lot of cities around this country. And I think that may be one of the reasons why it's really a focus from national attention. It is a symptom of a bigger problem. This isn't the only illustration of violence in the system. This isn't the only illustration where we feel unsafe. This is just one more story to add to a general sort of feeling in the country that these left wing policies, that no cash bond kind of policies, the slap on the wrist for heinous crime policies, the soft on crime policies. You can see the deterioration across the system. You can see it in multiple cities where they have adopted these light on crime defund the police, reimagine the police. We want law and order, we expect it, and this is clearly a situation reflecting a lack of law and order. Where were the police. Apparently eleven officers were downtown in the business district during that night. They didn't expect anything to happen, Fiji said, was kind of normal. Things normally quiet down after two am. By way of history, you know, so you know this this is what we've been doing. We're doing it for years. Music festivals, red games, whatever's going on, this is not new territory for us, she said at the conference. As far as policing, we work with a schedule that we think is best for events that are occurring. Well, sometimes you got to expect the unexpected. But shocked, shocked there's gambling going on in here. I'm shocked the media would report this. So I have twenty fifty five k City Talk station, Roger. I will take your call just a minute, If you don't mind holding for a moment, I'll get right to you right back.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC five KAR.
Speaker 5: City Talk stations. Directly to the phones. I'm gonna go five and three seven, two to three talk Roger, thank you so much for holding over the break there. Welcome to the morning Show.
Speaker 8: Happy Monday, Good morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 5: Thanks sir.
Speaker 8: I just had a question for you about this gentleman who got the beat down the other night downtown. If he was carrying lely carrying a firearm, would he be able to draw his weapon and defend himself?
Speaker 5: Yes, he has never heard he eminent. The standard is eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or fear of eminent death, reasonable fear he was receiving grievous bodily harm.
Speaker 1: You don't have to take it.
Speaker 5: If you think you're in your life's in peril and jeopardy, and I think any reasonable person in that particular state situation would, then you can use deadly force. I'm not quite sure you know this is the problem arises with you know, how how well are how familiar are you with using a firearm? Can you maintain control of a firearm when you're surrounded by a mob of people kicking you and beating you. Might you hit an innocent bystander? Yes? Might there be repercussions for hitting someone who's not involved in the beating, perhaps yes? But legally speaking, eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or fear of death under reasonable circumstances, would a reasonable person in that position believe their life is in peril? And I don't think anybody can say that would be unreasonable under those circumstances. Five twenty five fifty five kc DE talk station. Every single incident has to be looked at individually. I'm just giving you the general legal standard for deadly force stigre out. I got local stories. Are more phone calls? Will Tom call this morning? Question mark be right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Here a fifty five KRC you talk station five three Talk found five fifty on your eight and T phone. The answer to the question I asked at the end of the segment there, Yes, Tom did call Tom. Welcome to the morning show. Happy Monday to you, Thank you.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 5: What a nice weekend, huh pop beautiful? Absolutely, man, Yeah it was.
Speaker 10: It was nice to be outside, which has been very rare late like so, Amen, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Something that I did this weekend, which I have been saying that I'm not going to do unless I absolutely have to, was go downtown. We are always looking for a good breakfast place. And uh so my wife saw one down there on Race Street and wanted to check it out. And we drove through and parked about a half a block away from me now infamous intersection. Uh and we we came unscathed, enjoyed it so much on Saturday, we actually went back Sunday and did the same thing so well. You know, nine ten o'clock in the morning is not really a bad time to go to town on the weekend.
Speaker 5: I yeah, I'm reluctant to say I'm never going downtown, and in fact, I know I'm going back downtown again because my wife I had just got some tickets for a concert down in a couple of months and it's at the Taff Theater, So yeah, I'll be back down there.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, st starts getting dark.
Speaker 10: I can understand the concerns and worries, but h during the daylight, you.
Speaker 6: Should be all right.
Speaker 10: And uh well, something that I saw that was extremely concerning to me was on a I don't know what this thing was. Something was covered up right out in front of the one of the hotels. There was something out by the street. I don't know what it was, but the calm to cover somebody had put some graffiti. And if we if we want to really start some stuff this morning and get get things all started up, somebody wrote and Israel before they end us. And my first thing I did was chuckle because of how absolutely ridiculous that statement is, because you're you're talking about a country that, I mean, what for the last hundred years has been pretty much running for their lives, if not longer than that, you can go back to maybe if you read the Bible, you can go way back to when when they set up the Promised Land thousands and thousands of years ago. But other than that, we're talking about a nation that's been kind of trying to just be left alone and live their life, and they're not going around conquering people. I don't understand this fear and this I mean, what is this Israelophobia or something that's absolutely that there's no sense whatsoever to something like that worrying about what Israel's gonna do to you. If you go after Israel, you should start worrying then if you attack them, because they they're pretty formidable and defending themselves, but they're not They're not trying to bother anyone or conquer anyone or make anyone believe what they want to believe. That sounds like so maybe some other countries or or religions or whatever. That's absolutely insane. But this is how the left, and I am convinced it's somebody from the left that wrote that. And we hear all this garbage from the left, you know, against Israel and all. You know, a lot of this anti Semitism crap, it's mostly, if not all, coming from the left. It's it's it's just it's fear mongering to try to make them look bad when it's absolutely insane and ridiculous. And these people who don't want media coverage on this stuff, it's only because they the media coverage is pointing out how bad they look. Don't vote Democrats. Have a great Dame Bright.
Speaker 5: You too, Tom, I will be quick to point out. I think Tom may have oversimplified the realities of the conflict in the Middle East. Israel declaration penance beginning in the foundation of the country nineteen forty eight, so they haven't even been around one hundred years. But yes, the conflict and the division in that particular region has been going on for thousands of years thousands so, and a lot of people don't like the creation of Israel, period, end of story. It's as if you know, they weren't there one day and they were there the next day. Somebody had to be displaced to create the nation, and ergo the displaced, I think is the source of the anger and frustration toward Israel. Wait a second, how is it that this used to be my house. In nineteen forty eight, I was displaced and booted out of the country. I grew up with the family next door of Palestinian family who basically leased by hurt by the accounts of Swad Seafree, the late Great, she said they actually were under gunfire as they fled their home and were displaced. So different perceptions depending upon where you spring from and your view of history in that situation. Let's do what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, welcome to the Morning Show, and a happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 11: Happy Monday to you, my brother. I've got one question for you, and you haven't heard much about it. Is the gun shot locator. The audio thing they have is Cincinnati to find out exactly the location.
Speaker 5: Of the shot shot shot spotter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: How many did we ever hear anything about that anymore? How may they bust loose this weekend?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: I don't hear anything about shot spodder. I'm not quite sure if it's always turned on, you know what I'm saying. So now I apply for.
Speaker 12: An audio technician show if you can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why not hold your hand up, Bobby's I'm retired. I'll be happy to operate the shots shot Spotter, and I'll be regularly reporting the gunfire incidents that I record with Shotspotder to the general public. Might be good information to have, Bobby, I have no idea about how they're using shot Spotter. Certainly wasn't an issue in this beatdown that happened last Saturday, because, of course nobody was involved in gunplay. And in so far as my legal analysis, that's the legal analysis. The question of whether it is reasonable to use deadly force is one for a jury or judge. If it's being tried in front of the judge, it's a question of fact. That's one for the jury decide. It's not a question of law. The law is the way I stated it, But whether it was reasonable, that's something a jury determines. So you are putting your hands or your fate in the hands of the jurors. But ask yourself the question, Wait a second, if I hadn't used deadly force, would I even be around to make the argument why? People quite often said I'd rather put my life in the hands of twelve five thirty five right now for you, five k CD talk station cull In Electric Outstanding electricians at Colin Electric, and they've got a special going on right now. That's right, power up your home sale grade savings on a service upgrade from my friends at Cullen Electric offering twenty percent off the installation of a new pan and service entrance equipment for your home now. This discount is applicable to above or below ground residential single family services four hundred amps or less and the promotion extensive breaker panel and main service upgrades only. So enjoy the peace of mind that they will give you with your ten year wiring warranty. You'll get that for every electric project Colin does for you. So for residential electric, count of my friends at Color Electric A plus with a BBB. You know this special, this twenty percent discount and the service upgrade is and through uh the end of the month, right, so get on it. Why you still can through the end of this month. Take advantage to reach them. Either schedule appointment online at Cullen cul E and Color Electriccincinnati dot com or call them up at five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Did you know your forty here y five k see talk station try to have a happy money. It didn't start off on a positive note. This morning here in the Greater Cincinnati area, police responded to a nine to one one call six minutes after midnight. It was this morning North College Hill, Springfield Township Police responded to a Police responded to the call. A woman frankically reported a white suv. This is crazy. White suv pulled up to her car while she and her boyfriend were on the highway. Said told the dispatcher someone in that white suv shot up her car and shot her boyfriend. Quote we were just on the highway and a car pulled up and shot at us. Just shot my car up and my boyfriend's been shot, she yelled. Said they got off the highway to Hamilton Avenue exit, went to the Hamilton Avenue to try to get away from the suv, but it was following them. One point, she yelled for her boyfriend to pull over the place where the police were, but then yelled at him go just go. Dispatcher asked where they were. Women told the said the suv was still following them. Quote, oh my god, I'm pregnant. I'm nine months pregnant. She said to the dispatcher and her boyfriend. You can hear on the call. Apparently Fox nineteen reporting on this credit to them saying I'm shot. He also yelled at a dispatcher a few minutes later, I'm shot, Come get me. White suv. Last scene traveling north on Hamilton Avenue, corner of the dispatch. LaGG Police found the victims in the woman's car at Hamilton Avenue, Lake Nol Drive Mounhealthy fire crew transport of the man to the hospital brinkled. The police both referred Fox nineteen to North College Child Police, who said they were still investigating but had no additional updates. Again that reporting from not that many hours ago, five actually right before the mike went on this morning. Thank you Joe for flagging that one for me over to the stack, Oh stupid employed to Wing Stop be a wing joint in Tennessee accused of throwing hot cooking oil onto two patrons during a disagreement. Why are you doing that? Let's find out together. Twenty five year old Jonesea Herring now facing agri at a salt charge. According to the complaint, ledge attack happened on July twenty second, two women enter the wing stop to pick up an order. Once inside the restaurant, they became embroiled in an argument with this Herring woman. As the two patrons were quote continuing to argue with Herring. This is from the report. Obviously, Herring went to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl filled with hot cooking oil, and the defendant is then said to have walked back and threw the bowl of hot oil onto the women.
Speaker 1: Do what gosh, sheeze.
Speaker 5: Wheeze one of the customers, hitting the face and upper torsa required her to be brought to local hospital, where she now suffered from second degree burns over eighteen and a half percent of her body. The hot oil hit the other woman in a right shoulder, burning her a more significant injured woman later identified Herring as the attacker. Not clear what exactly prompted the argument between the women, and of course there's no justification for the reaction from that woman, regardless of whatever they were arguing about. Sound familiar, Have that a familiar ring to it? Airingplaced in the Shelby Kenny jail. Seventy five hundred dollars bond schedule be arigned according to the police and As of over the weekend, she was no longer listening to jails inmate roster Auster suggesting that yes, she was out on bond.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 5: Uh, wait a minute, we stay in Tennessee, Tennessee a hotbed of stupid. Wendy's manager in Tennessee, another fast food restaurant, accused of shooting and killing another man after a fight between them broke out at one of the fast few chains located in Memphis. Thirty seven year old Darrell Bauers charged the first degree murder now in the same Shelby County jail under no bond. Fight broke out Monday because an employee wanted to leave her shift early. Memphis police departments that received a call from the restaurant twenty minutes after five pm. Cour to the local NBC affiliate WMC, it was Bowers who made the call. As officers were on the way to the scene, they received additional reports that a shot had been fired and a person was hit. Police arrived reportedly found Stephen Shepherd in the Wendy's parking lot with a gunshot wound to his stomach. He was hospitalized and later died. Court documents alleged Bowers is the one who shot him, with the bail screening form for the suspect claiming he shot and killed the victim while the two were fighting. Employee he wanted to leaver shift early called Shepard to pick her up after Bowers threatened to slap her. Sometime after Shepherd arrived, the two men started fighting. In a video posted on social media showed parts of the violent confrontation. Oh Yes, Shepherd can be seen throwing a punch of demand said to be Bowers were Bowers in his Wendy's attire, appears to hold the two clasped together hands in front of him, Shortly before a gunshot is heard. That man then walked over to the gunshot victim appears to slap him in the face. Shepherd, reportedly unarmed. Witness told local news the person that got shot he ended up swinging on the manager of the store, and the manager pulled out a gun and shot him. Hmm, well he already had his gun in his hand, Thank you, Joe, And I don't think you can justify deadly force in this particular situation. Apparently the victim of the suspect knew each other. Courting the police, Bowers said to have not resisted arrest and admitted to being the one who fired the shot. Oh temper temper temper fortify five kersee talk station QC kinetics. Getting out of bed, you hit the ground pain? Have you been little with that kind of pain? And you know, I got to imagine would suck? How many times you been to the doctor steroid injections? Check? Been there done that? Maybe he had the conversation with your doctor about surgery? Check? Yep, been there done that. You're praying at it's just going to disappear, that it's just going to go away. But nothing changes every day you get that out of the bed, it hit the pain, hitch walking down the stairs, you got that shoulder pain, knee pain, hit pain, whatever happens to be. How about trying something new. Take the medical experts a QC Kinetics up on their offer for a free consultation. This is a different way of approaching it. The idea of restoring and repairing the damage joint tissue, not just covering up with something like a steroid shot and no scalpels, no pills, long term releaf with no dread of recovery. According to the QC Kinetics, so it's thousands of people are satisfied with the treatments and gotten relief from that pesky pain you've been living with. So try them out find out if you're a good candidate. I personally don't know, but since it is a free consultation, it may lead you to relief. Why not five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 7: Nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: KARSD Talk station looking forward to seven o'clock hour. I was looking forward to every hour. I love to hear from you if you feel like Colin five on three seven, four nine fifty eight two three talk. But the guests began at seven oh five with Meyrill candidate Corey Bowman on his response to the press conference over the weekend. Christopher Smithman presumably about the same subject, but we'll find out together Monday Monday with Brian James at eight oh five, and then Dane Donovan from Donovan's Automobile Repair Shop. Excellent folks they are, and they have a car giveaway. There's someone out there in need. You need to nominate that person, and they are determined to be in need. They may be the winner of a free automobile from Donovan's, so that'd be at eight point forty back over the stack is stupid? Got a Wisconsin woman tried to kill her father while hallucinating that he was the living embodiment of the devil what? Thirty four year old Jamie Anderson stands accused of one kind of attempted intentional homicide of the first degree by use of a dangerous weapon. Charge includes domestic abuse assessment, which might be considered essentially akin to a minor sentencing enhancement anyway. July first is when it happened at the father's home, small town about twenty miles southeast of Madison. Accord to the Stoughton Police Apartment, early morning hours, Anderson allegedly walked some sixteen miles from her Madison apartment to her father's residence, rang the doorbell when the defendant's father finally awoke and answered the door. Anderson first said she wanted to stop hallucinating all right. Next, she had said to have asked her father for a hug. In response, however, her father said that he had asked her if she was on drugs. That question allegedly prompted Anderson to try and stab her father in the head. Multiple stabbing attempts allegedly ensued. In some of those efforts, drew blood. I'm going to kill you, she allegedly rep They fought. The scuffle continued outside. Woman's father told responding officers he eventually had to push his daughter over a coffee table so he could escape this safety. About six am, officers found the man on his front step with blood from his left arm. He said to the police, she actually came here to kill me. Father said his daughter was still somewhere inside the house. Defendant discovered walking down a stairway on the side of the house into an alleyway, knife in hand. Police asked her to drop the blade. The defendant immediately complied and was arrested without incident. She allegedly told police she hallucinates and thought her father was the devil. She that allegedly went on to admit cutting or slashing him roughly four times. The defendant allegedly further admitted her plan was to kill him because she wanted him dead. Women's father suffered serious injuries from the attack, resulting in staples and his head and surgery on one arm, and comments to police. He allegedly struck a somewhat conciliatory tone, saying the incident was not her and that her mind is cooked due to her drug use. Bond five hundred thousand dollars with a no contact order. Dane County Jail is where she's being held now. Definitely not Hamilton. Kind of with that kind of bond, Joe, they would have, Yeah, they would have. Just that, you would have gotten an ankle monitor and a cookie.
Speaker 1: Florida man.
Speaker 5: Since this week, after authority's learned he was married to count them three women at the same time, none of them aware the others are told doing that. Long after this happened. Fifty year old Henry Betsy Junior pleaded nolo contender a no contest to felony bigamy in May, meaning he neither accepted nor denied responsibility, but he was sentenced two years of probation a courd to the Hernando County Court records, and will be registered as a convicted felon. Michelle Narrens and Henry Betsy married in Hernando County back in November twenty two. New wife said they met on match dot Com. Hit it off quickly got married within three weeks. Then it changed when she realized he was still married to another woman. Brandy Allen had married Henry Betsy February doing idiot things because they're idiots. Yep, they're said to have met on the dating app. As I mentioned, he said all the right things. One woman noted who had legally become Brandy Betsy. We got married right there at the courthouse, no questions asked. There was nothing that was flagged in the system for him already having two prior open marriage licenses, so the whole process took fifteen minutes. But even then, before Michelle Betsy was in the picture, there was another woman whom Henry Betsy had given his last name, Tanya Betsy, who realized last year what her husband had done. Tanya and Henry reportedly got married in Duval County, Florida, November of twenty twenty after meeting on Tinder. She told local news the way he portrayed himself, he sold the perfect person, when in reality he was none of those things. Michelle said, Tanya found her and messaged her, and I had no idea that she was still married to him. The newest wife said Henry, resident Seminole County, Florida, when on October twenty third, twenty four, he showed up at the Sheriff's office headquarters and advice that he was currently wanted and wished to turn himself in. He says he filed for divorce from Tanya after his arrest, now working to annull his other two marriage. When he apologized in court to the women and everyone involved during the hearing, Chel Betsy didn't believe it was genuine. Really five fifty six five care see the dogs. They and plenty more coming up and phone calls are always welcome, So if you want to call, I would enjoy talking with you. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: What I'm informed, I feel smarter.
Speaker 1: Fifty five k the talk station to school all summer.
Speaker 13: It sounds like a high school term paper that got a little more.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station at six oh five.
Speaker 5: Right now, fifty five kr CD talk station, Brian Thomas here, wishing everyone a very happy Monday. I try to make it a good day. Stick around all morning. If you can fast forward an hour, we're gonna hear from Corey Bowman, of course, running for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I think he's going to be at the Jim and Jack's meeting tonight. V V Ramaswami and Christopher Smithman find out for ourselves. I'm not sure about the RSVP thing. If you're a member of the media, you're supposed to RSVP, and I believe the media has access beginning at four pm. The door is actually open at five point thirty. Have it on good account from Westside, Jim Keeper, you need to get their ear But I don't think that you have to RSVP. So I'm in a state of question mark with that one right now, because there was some mention of an RSVP on the vv vvake for Ohio dot com website. But again, Jim and Jackson the River for the discussion about well crime in general and maybe solutions in the aftermath of the violence this past over this week ago Saturday morning. Of course, we all know what we're talking about on that one. Christopher Smithland at seven to twenty with a smith event. He'll be there tonight Monday, Monday of Brian James at eight oh five New Fed Chair. Maybe labor stats had they been calculated incorrectly, as Donald Trump concluded, they have been and finally, should high schoolers have to take a personal finance course, to which I say, of course, it sounds like a rhetorical question. And then Dane Donovan on the program at the end talk about this wonderful opportunity for someone in need to get a car twenty thirteen Subaru outback for a deserving neighbor in the Cincinnati community. Donovan's given back. So the Donovans Care with car in caps. Yes, giveaway, Donovan Cares giveaway, So make your nomination. We'll get the details from Dane at eight forty. Without further deal, let's go to the phones five on three seven eight hundred eight two three talk. Jordan, thanks for calling this morning, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning, Brian Thomas. This is Jordan Collins from the Linda Matthews campaign. I just want to say, Man, that press conference that they had was a train wreck. I think they should have just came out of the national violence, but instead they use their usual tactics, put a local pastor on on to you know, stir up the pot. So I believe Man, tonight is going to be a great realignment and shout out to smith'man for organizing this and co hosting this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it should be interesting to see what's said at that meeting if they come up with some solutions, they have any suggestions, and I'll go back, you know. Finally, after that, Purval comes out and says he's in he supports law enforcement. What an amazing development. Do nothing like massive violence and a brawl in the city Cincinnty streets to get him to actually something positive about law enforcement and words of support for law enforcement. But yeah, damon Lynch. The third is the reverend. You're referring to string the pod and calling it and claiming it's not it wasn't a racially motivated attack, and expressing dismay that the press would actually report on it. That was a theme throughout the press conference. I can't believe the media would even report on this. I can't believe that. Oh come on, I mean, it's insane. Of course the media's gonna report. And you know, and I'll go back to what I said in the last hour. You are part of the media. Everybody's part of the media. You have access to the opportunity to post online. Yes, the answer is so maybe you were there, you can report on what you said. Maybe you have concluded and based upon your own review of the video, that you have a definitive answer to the question. You're allowed to go on and say something like that. You may do it at your own peril. You might want to wait till all the facts are in Police chief three. So Thigi said she's got a whole bunch of more video that will be released this week, which tells perhaps a different tale. We're a ready fire aim on a society anymore. You see something you immediately comment on and draw your own conclusions. And perhaps that's wrong, but shocking. I'm shocked that the media and people online would actually go down this road. Not just it's rather comical that they act like this just doesn't happen all the time. Yes, it makes the city Cincinnati look bad. Welcome to reality, and you know, maybe it isn't bad. Crime statistics, depending on where you're looking, they're either up in certain areas or down in certain areas. But we live in a day of modern social media. Literally everyone's got a video phone, and apparently, as evidence by the beatdown, people are more inclined to record something than actually call in law enforcement to help stop the problem from happening or stop the crime from going on. I mean, so it's gonna get posted online. Everybody wants to be the person that got the video. Ah, it was me social media, x y Z at so and so it was me. I was there, I saw it. Look look what I posted five minutes ago. In history, we didn't have access to video like this. It wasn't out there for the entire world to see. It's the flavor of the moment. Does anybody think this is going to be an ongoing topic and discussion in this country? With everything that's going on in the world, this does not or will not have the legs of perhaps a George Floyd type incident, now will it? Hey organized protests like five minutes after that happened. Black Lives Matter was born from that. They had an entire organization. Millions and millions of dollars contributed to the Black Lives Matter organization, describe themselves self described Marxist. I guess there's still a thing out there somewhere that had legs. What's your opinion? Do you think this is going to be you know, talked about down the road much longer than you know, the the realities of the world where everything gets like five minutes of a ten. Then we all move on with our lives and don't talk about it anymore. I'll just kick back and wait and see. But going back to and I'm going to get back to this use of deadly force thing. It's been brought up quite a few times under the circumstances presented. Yes, I do believe that the guy that was getting the beat down, or even the woman for that matter, that got her flights punched out, were she in a position actually you know, cognitively think about defending yourself. Yes, subjected to a brutal could could have been deadly beat down. If you're faced with eminent apprehension of bodily harm or or reasonable fear of death or grievest bodily harm, that is when you have the right to use deadly force. And I'll go back to the point I made. Prosecutors could still bring charges against you for using deadly force, and you have a right to defend yourself were you being reasonable at the time. And since we got all this video of these guys get issuing a brutal beat down, the reason for which we are unaware, but certainly nothing but way of verbal abuse could justify getting the crap beat. Added to the extent that that man and that woman suffered that beating, they would legitimately be fearing for their life, and they could go in and make that argument in court if they were charged for using deadly force. And of course that didn't exist here. No one used deadly force. But pivot over. You may remember this, it's been five years. Speaking of Black Lives Matter protests, the Saint Louis couple who brandished weapons against the Black Lives Matter protests five years ago finally got their confiscated guns back after what is described as a lengthy legal battle. Mark McCloskey and his wife, Patricia. They happen to both be lawyers, which puts them in a better position to actually be able to defend themselves. They went viral, oh look after wielding guns on their property, this after Black Lives Matter protest has broke down an iron gate and ignored a no trespassing sign back in June of twenty twenty, God, it's been that long, Mark mcclusty, posting the past Friday on x account. It only took three lawsuits two trips to the Court of Appeals in one thousand and forty seven days. But I got my AR fifteen back. We defended our home. Noticed sight dwelled on that word. We were persecuted by the left smeared by the press, and threatened with death, but we never backed down. This is the current concern of a lot of people who carry concealed or otherwise firearm owners. Gee, you know I have a right to use it under certain circumstances, but will they go after me? Notwithstanding that, the answer absolutely Patrician mccloskey's Braiko three to eighty pistol, don't ever buy one, probably one of the most the cheapest, most unreliable firearms ever manufactured. My editorial comment is expected to return be returned this week. Mark McCloskey said on Saturday, he said the AR fifteen ended up in the possession of the Saint Louis Metropolitanoloe Department. The Lewis Sheriff's Department got the Brico handgun. I don't know why they're keeping it, but McCloskey said they felt threatened by the mob which was marching as part of the George Floyd protest. Now no one was hurt. But here's what he had to say about it. When you're facing three hundred and fifty to five hundred people screaming death and arson, I'm going to rape and kill your wife. I'm going to burn down your house. I'm going to burn down your office building. I'm going to kill your dog. The fact that we were able to hold them off is proof of the value of the Second Amendment and the absolute reason why we should resist every attempt on the part of government to restrict, control, or remove those rights. Police seized weapons. Mccloskey's charged with unlawful use of a weapon. The prosecutor described as a Democrat. They did plead guilty to miss Demeter, fourth degree assault and second degree harassment. But here's where the rubber meets the road on this. Would they have gotten their firearms back after having that plea They were pardoned by Missouri Governor Mike Parson On In August of twenty twenty one, Mark McCloskey filed a lawsuits he can return of the guns and refund of the eight hundred and seventy two dollars and finds a couple paid. Appeals Court confirmed last month that the convictions had been expunged, meaning you treated as if the incident never happened. So as a consequence of the pardon, the predicate for taking the firearms disappeared. They finally got them back, but noticed it had to go to the Court of Appeals for that isn't that crazy? But question did they have a reasonable fear for their lives? They brandished firearms, which you can't do unless it's under certain justification. It's argued that they were defending their property, not their lives, and therein lies the distinction that we need to focus on. You can't use deadly force in defense of plain old property. Now, i Ohio, you got the castle doctrine. It is presumed under the law that if someone breaks into your home and enters your dwelling, that they are in fact there to do grievous bodily harm or to kill you. So you can use deadly force as someone kicks in your door and comes in. But once you leave the house, then it becomes a different landscape legally, and you can't use deadly force to defend property. Someone's stealing your car, your life is not in danger. You can't start unloading on them with a firearm. So I'm not quite sure now. Of course the prosecutors went after the mcloskey's on this, and of course the media had this and then in their crosshairs, you know, Pun intended on that. But ultimately you can decide whether justice was served. I'm not quite sure. In this particular case it was six sixteen fifty five K See the talk station Prestige Interior for your ultimate kitchen remodeling project. John Ryan is the man you'll be working with when you reach out to press Theese interiors. He is the company. He's been doing this kitchens like almost exclusively for the last three plus decades, and he's with you every step of the way from an initial design to final console under final installation. He is the man, and he has got great ideas for your kitchen. He has seen them all. Big kitchen, small kitchens, small remodeling projects. Maybe just a countertops, hand or cabinets, or got the whole thing and start from scratch like we did with John Ryan. Love what he did with our kitchen, you will as well. A plus with a better business bureer, check him out online Pressed EGE one two to three dot com, PRESSDGE one two three dot com give him a call. Tom Bryan said, Hi, five one three two four seven zero two two nine. That's two four seven zero two.
Speaker 7: Two nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Word about h It's.
Speaker 5: Six twenty one here fifty five K see the dog station five one three seven fifty five hundred two three calls contact fifty on EIGHTK and TV owned UH and more gun related news. A second challenge to the National Firearms Act nineteen thirty four is when the National Firearms Act went in play in place, and it requires you to pay two hundred dollars. It's an excise tax two hundred dollars when you get a suppressor, a short rowed rival short arrow shotgun, or a category that's labeled quote any other weapon close quote. Not even sure what that means anyway, but the one big beautiful Bill Act that was passed reduces that two hundred dollars registration fee, which actually has been in place. Two hundred dollar fee was enacted in nineteen thirty four, so there's been a substantial devaluation of the dollars since then. I get that in a minute, but it still requires registration. So they got rid of the fee and they moved it from two hundred down to zero. But they wanted to completely remove all the items under the NFA completely, But apparently the rules regard art in the Big Beautiful Bill Act and what could be in there in terms of reconciliation and not allowed them to remove the fee. But the possibility of that fee being replaced or enacted in a separate follow up legislation, maybe by Democrats, has kind of thrown this into a bit of a legal quandary. They claim that by lowering it to zero, it neutralizes the National Firearms Act taxing authority, making it an illegal firearms registry. They want to report to remove the items from the regulation completely. Now, machine guns and quote unquote destructive devices are still subject to this tax. In this registration. Planets include the National Rifle Association of the Second Amendment Foundation Soon, the Bureau Alcohol Tobacco, owned firearms, and others. They expressed confidence in the legal basis for the lawsuit and the press conference and out of the Constitution grants Congress only limited powers, none of which authorize the registration of privately owned firearms. In fact, as we expect the courts to recognize our case, the Second Amendment forbids it nineteen thirty seven, US Supreme Court ruled at this National Firearms Act is a legal exercise of Congress's taxing authority, finding the government could gather information on the owners of certain firearms and accessories like suppressors as part of the tax system. So by removing this tax, the planoffs are arguing that they no longer have the authority to require you to sign up and let the government know what you bought, which I think is a sound legal argument. But because the Act only reduced the tax rather than eliminated it, gun control proponents say, well, you can't just just get rid of the NFA. Now, going back to the value of the dollar, Senate Amendment twenty nine to seventy three that was introduced by Senator Chris Murphy, Democrat from Connecticut, would have raised that two hundred dollars tax to four thousand in seven hundred and nine dollars, which apparently is the equivalent of what two hundred dollars meant to you and me in back in nineteen thirty four, claiming that amendment was to save lives, Well, I you have a firearm with no suppressor. You have a firearm with a suppressor. Both deadly weapons capable of taking lives just saying out loud the length of a barrel on a firearm does not determine its deadly nature or not. So if you got a barrel shorter than sixteen inches or eighteen inches, it's going to kill you as effectively as one with a longer barrel. So I don't understand the logic and reason behind this, but I do like the argument though no tax, no have no obligation to register. Makes perfect sense. So we'll see, we'll see. Oh and further, aren't you glad you don't live in a place like Australia. Beginning September first, there is a ban on the sale and possession of machetes machetes similar to the UK's ban on knives. Generally speaking, you gotta handover a photo ID to show you're over the age of twenty one if you want to buy cutlery in the UK. Anyway, no machetes in Australia anymore. Australian Prime Minister Jacintha Allen, she's touting the brand new drop off boxes at local law enforcement facilities. Yes, machete drop off boxes. On the first of September, when the ban on machetes takes place. We're rolling out through Victoria Police at the two hundred and forty seven police stations. This safe disposal bins. There will be locations right across the state. There'll be locations where people can come in and lawfully dispose of any machete they already have at one of these bins, safely and securely. Okay, glad we have a second Amendment in this country, six twenty six. Right now if you have KCD talk station. Got some local stories coming up. First, A good word for my friends at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. They'll take care of all your HVAC needs. They are great at customer service. The price is always right. Hey, they've been around for coming up on eighty years. Third generation family run operation. Chris at the helm right now. Chris Simmer will take great carriers, Sola's team, the greatest customer services. I mentioned. But if it's too late, your system has gone belly up, there's no repairing it. Why not get in touch with Zimmer because they'll knock fifteen hundred and fifty dollars off a new carrier comfort system. That's a good chunk of money from my perspective, so why not take advantage of it? Carrier makes an outstanding comfort system. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Schedule appointment to learn more about all the services Zimmer offers by going to the website, which is go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five card talk station. We all remember that.
Speaker 5: Fr CD talk station. Happy Money Today. Corey Bowman joining the program after the top of the hour news, followed by Christopher Smithman. As is tradition, UH two to three talk O TI five fifty on AT and T phones. Do some local stories. Disturbing incident this morning happened at five minutes after midnight. Jeez Police investigating after a man got shot in a vehicle. Happened on Ronald Reagan Crosscunny Highway. Victim in his twenties taking a UC Medical center thankfully of non life threatening injuries. Crazy event. North College Hill and Springfield Township police responded. Woman called nine again a few minutes after midnight, reporting that a white SUV pulled up to her car was she and her boyfriend were on the highway. Speaking of the dispatcher, she said someone in the suv shot up her car and shot her boyfriend. No that explanation provided by Fox nineteen reporting on this again, the details are kind of sketchy because it just happened this morning, and the report came out right before the mic went on here on the fifty five Ksey Morning Show. Got off the Highway Hamilton Avenue exit, went on to Hamilton Avenue. They were trying to get away from the suv, but it kept following them. According to the recording a nine one one call, she yelled for her boyfriend to pull over, but then ultimately told him to go, just go. I guess she was freaked out because this suv was tailing them. A woman said the suv was following them. Oh my god, I'm pregnant. She said, I'm nine months pregnant. And then she pointed out her boyfriend was shot. You can even hear him in the background saying I'm shot. I'm shot, Come get me. As far as the suv, they say it was last scene traveling north on Hamilton Avenue. According to the dispatch log, police found the victims in the woman's car at the Hamilton and Hamilton Avenue in Lake Nol Drive. Mount Healthy fire crewise took them into the hospital. The Well Police both referred Fox nineteen to North College Hill Police for any incury or for any questions, but they are still investigating and had no updates as of five o'clock this morning. Jeez, since I please investigating a Ku Klux Klan investigator rather Ku Kux Klan flyers that were found in various communities across the city of Cincinni Inquiry Reporting working with Fox nineteen Reporting as well. Spokesperson Jonathan Cunningham confirmed in August third the department's intelligence units were looking into the matter. The department spokesperson in a news release said, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all residents and will continue to take all necessary actions to address and prevent the spread of hate in our communities. President of the Madisonville Community Council, Kate Botos said in a post on Facebook that the flyers promoting divide in violence that's in quotes, were distributed overnight in the neighborhood. Other people posted pictures of the flyers on Facebook, which included call for the people to join the Klan. In response to the fight in downtown Cincinnati, on July twenty sixth Jeez, please surge anyone with information regarding the distribution of the flyers to contact crime stoppers at three five two thirty forty three five two thirty forty. You see, and in this world where you're all jaded and cynical, now, is that designed by left wingers to stir the potted division and make the people think that the Klan is actually a thing? Still? Do you know anybody who belongs to the Klan? I don't know, but probably out there. I know racism still exists, but geez, talk about an organization that has zero credibility anywhere. Man suffering from life threatening injuries after his shooting occurred. Happened in North Side late Friday night, according to Captain step and Captain Stephen Bauer, the since A Police department. He said police were called to the forty seven and block of ash Tree Drive about eleven PM. Forty four year old man was shot in the face while in a vehicle taking a UC medical center and police do not have a suspect of this time. Cause of the shooting still an investigation. Joes, it seem like there are a lot of shootings going on out there. They all deserve it, and I know that's what Victoria Park says, so we're supposed to run with that conclusion. Huh. Six thirty five five K City Talk Station Warren. I will get your call at a time in this segment, but love to hear what you have to say, So please hold on for a moment and well get in touch with Emory Federal Credit Union. I love banking with Emory Federal Credit Union. And of course coming up. Got the golf out in nineteenth or the eighteenth. It's a Monday the eighteenth at four Bridges Country Club and this is a great annual tournament. I've been there every year for I can't tell you how many years, just been saying a few words of the golfers and setting them off on the nineteenth annual golf tournament. And this year, I think for the last several years, it's benefited that cincin any Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So you're golfing for a great organization help some folks in needs. So join us for a fun filled day of golf for the opportunity to support this worthy cause in our community. Thanks to Emory Feller Credit Union for the Charitable work that they do throughout the year. It's a better way to bank. You can learn more about banking there and get information on the golf out and go to Emory FCU dot org. Emery FCU dot org.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station, Iheart's yacht rock radio station.
Speaker 5: Feel for you to call five one three seven nine fifty five h D two three talk just like Warren did. Warren, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 14: Thanks for having me, Bryan, and I just wanted to make a comment about these alleged deo Nazi flyers going around the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really think it's distraction.
Speaker 14: I really think that there are forces out there within the Democratic Party who don't have any answers to the questions that are pressing the city and to stay at want to use spear tactics and divide the city by dropping off flyers trying to to that burt people's attention from this very important town hall tonight.
Speaker 5: See that's where I was leaning. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way, because I mean, how many times we run into instances I mean college professors Jesse Smollett and others who manufacture racism in order to give the perception that they were victims of racism. The racism is alive and well. And you know, it's like crying wolf. You know, more people do that, the more you think, oh, you roll your eye, you think that. I mean, this isn't serious, is it? It's not legitimate, is it? And these tactics are so easy to put out there. I mean, how much does it take to print off some flyers and make it look like the Klan is active, alive and well. I didn't see the flyer Warren. I don't know if there was a recruiting number or a website to go to sign out to be a member of the Klan. I didn't read any of that. I doubt that that was.
Speaker 6: Got a QR cold.
Speaker 14: Really, the QR cole is supposed to take you to some KKK propaganda. But I just want to encourage Cincinnati is let's not get distracted by tactics that are left.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 14: I encourage everybody to tune into the town hall tonight and if you can't be there in person, you can live stream it and you're going to see strong leadership really discussing the important issues versus people who want to try to scare us into thinking that the clue qust plan is all of a sudden here in Cincinnati. It's just it's a distraction.
Speaker 5: Do not fall for it, please, Warren, thank you very much for your comments and support of kind of what I was concluding as well, And thank you also for reminding my listeners because I forgot to mention this earlier. The meeting of Jim and Jackson is going to be live stream. That's one with Vivik Ramaswami and Christopher Smith among others. And Christop will be on an hour to talk about that as well. But Wore and I really appreciate that. Yes, please live stream it. And thanks to West, said Jim Keefer. I just found out there's going to be a counter protest across the street. Naturally, he just sent me a flyer that apparently Indivisible Resistance in Southwest Ohio apparently the organization Big Bold rally for Cincinnati Monday, August fourth, four to thirty pm. Tell v vake Ramaswamy CINCINNTI doesn't want his divisive politics described as across the Street from Jim and Jacks thirty four to fifty six River Road. Yeah, they're gonna hang out of the railroad tracks. Now, I understand it's a flyer, and I understand if you are not a conservative minded individual, you might not be real high on v. Vake Ramaswamy. But he is going to be the next governor of the state of Ohio by all polling and all the numbers that are so far in. I mean Amy acting, really Amy, lockdown acting? Is that the direction you want to go State of Ohio. Vive grama Swammy is is not a divisive guy. You ever bothered to listen to him, hear him speak. He's as positive a guy as you can run into. He wants so high and make Ohio great, like kind of like make make a maga or make America great again. I mean, he's got all kinds of great ideas that will benefit every Ohio in regardless of political stripe. A wildly successful businessman, a brilliant man, a multi billionaire, made his own fortune. He wants to share that knowledge and expertise with the folks in Ohio. He wants to lead Ohio out of these sort of dulgrums. That's been in now for decades, energy policy, I mean everything across the board. It's I would hardly call a divisive but that's my take on him. Long into the meeting yourself and see what goes on this eating Tyler. Thank you for calling and welcome to the Morning Show. It's good to hear from you. I'm doing fine for a Monday anyway, Tyler.
Speaker 15: So you were talking about this, these KKK flyers, and I was just reminded a couple of years ago up in Columbus, UH, there was a neo Nazi protest and this was all over the news, and about nine one hundred counter protesters showed up, and this was on CNN.
Speaker 10: Fox News.
Speaker 15: It's shut down part of Columbus as far as law enforcement goes, just the response that showed up. And during this process, as this was being put on the news, I decided to look into this a little.
Speaker 10: Bit more fully.
Speaker 15: So I get on Facebook and I end up finding these neo Nazis Facebook page and it was a chapter out of Indiana and there were nine of them total, and they looked.
Speaker 16: About as you would expect, absolutely not this national security threat that it was being made out to be. But a lot of times these things just get blown way out of proportion.
Speaker 15: Sometimes these things do exist. There is a guy in Cold Sprang who one distributes KKK material. It looks like it's printed on somebody's flyer or in somebody's garage. It's but it's not this big serious thing that it's often made out to be.
Speaker 1: No, that's see, that's my perception, Tyler.
Speaker 5: The days of the Klan are pretty much over with and we have live in a far more enlightened society. We're not interested in going out and killing people based on the color of their skin. It's not a winning strategy. It's not a winning point to spring from. If you're trying to get people to join in your organization. Then again, listen to the Overnight program, Tyler. There are people that actually think in the world there are lizard people, and that Bigfoot exists, and that the world is flat. You know how many in terms of percentage of population, those people make up very very few. Why because it's insane. You can always find insane people. And yes, there are some racist, insane people out there, and they're the kind of people that would print up racist flyers and try to convince you that it's the right thing to hate your fellow man based purely and simply on the color of their skin. But see, the left doesn't want that. Left wants you to believe that racism is alive, and well they need it to get votes. Sixty six fifty five Karsine Talk Station USA's premium foam outstanding product. Folks. Please make the call to the USA Insulation find out what it will cost to do a free quote free inspection. You need the inspection to know whether you need the insulation. This is for you know, homes built after the mid seventies, pre mid seventies, no codes, no obligation to insulate, and rarely did they do it. So if you have a pre pre mid seventies home, you need the insulation, You're going to be far more comfortable and your energy bills will be a lot lower. A lot comfort cannot be understated. You're going to notice that the improvement and comfort day one, and it'll extend the life of your HVAC system because it's not going to fight that uphill battle. Boy, it's been hotter than the heck out there of last several weeks, you know that. So if you had the phone in the extery walls of your home. You wouldn't be fighting the uphill battle with that ac so call them. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. So many listeners have saved more than that on the energy bill. That's how much efficiency you can get out of the phone, and maybe even more savings than that. But you will save and that's a guarantee from USA Insulation guaranteed improvement and comfort and guaranteed savings three eight one three six two sixty five one three three eight one phone learn more. Check them out on the website USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 13: Fifty five KRC dot com The stuff you should know.
Speaker 4: Guys have made them pay.
Speaker 5: Six fifty one now two five per CD Palm station Happy Monday, Yeah, I five thirty Jim and Jackson the River get there early. According to Westside, Jim Kee forgot this meeting with Vvake Ramaswami and UH Christopher Smith and any of the community leaders that want to show up. Hopefully law enforcement members will be there, and I suspect maybe they'll be stationed there considering there is a rally across the street. Tell Vvake Ramaswami. Since Andy doesn't one in his divisive politics. So you know you can show up with that and judge drecker Ford me a post from the controversial if I may be so delicate, Iris Rawley, who first emerged on the scene back in the Cincinni riots. What was that two thousand and one? Going back a long time on that, But she's been an outspoken activist and had some pretty shall we say, divisive Some may characterize them as hate skewed comments over the years. Certainly some controversial comments in connection with the beatdown that happened this past over the last weekend. Anyway, time to she writes in her Facebook I guess is this Facebook? Or is it x or what is it? Joe Facebook? Time to stand up against hate and violence? Join me tomorrow this post from yesterday and again referring to the counter protest. Now, if you the purpose of the meeting at Jim and Jack's with the vacant Christopher is to talk about solutions to the violence that's going on in the city. And whether you think that that incident that lasts Saturday makes us look bad or was blown out of proportion. I think we don't have enough facts for information, really no, But what we do have is what we can see on video, people getting beaten, and most notably, I'll talk about the woman Holly, and she seems to be absent from the discussion. I mean, there's no justification for col cocking a woman in the face who wasn't doing anything. So, yeah, Iris, you want to stand up against hate and violence, let's stand up and collectively condemn what happened. But that meeting is not about hate and violence. That meeting is not there to foment hate or violence. Vivak Ramaswami is not going to start leading a crowd in a riot on the street. Anybody who's listening to Christopher Smithing over the years is that the type of person you conclude is a hate fil individual. Would you participate in a rally that would encourage hate and violence? I think clearly not. Again, you know this screaming yell about this video being taken out of proportion, Oh my god, this is you know, it unfairly portrays the city of Cincinnati. Well, Iris, RAWI, you're unfairly portraying what's supposed to go on at Jim and Jackson night at five point thirty. It's what everyone does. I just got that press conference was just a joke. Keep going back to their criticism of the media and criticism of what we're dealing with here in modern society, which is you are a media outlet. You have the right to speak and say what's on your mind. Everyone does it. Whether you want it to be on them on the internet twenty four to seven. Whether it unfairly characterizes the city of Cincinnati or fairly characterizes it, that's for us to decide. But you think people are gonna not report on it and keep their mouths shut. You think Iris Rawley's gonna let a meeting tonight at Jim and Jacks led by vvank Ramaswami and Christopher Smith and go without any statement or counter protest. No, of course not. She's gonna blow it out of proportion and mischaracterize it. Look, it's happening again right there. And that's the woman that the Reds honored last week. Joe, Yeah, Okay, you have a choice when it comes to elected officials. This November, we're gonna be voting for Cincinnia council members, and of course you have a mayoral race. Do you want the status quo? Do you want one city's been living with now for the past four decades, you want to go in a different direction. Corey Bowman joins the program at the top of the our news he is running for mayor. If you haven't gotten a memo on that one, he's gonna be talking about what he described or at least has been led me to believe based upon the rundown. Here the embarrassing press conference led by Mary f Ted Purvol along with his thoughts on the latest news from downtown Cincinnati. That's Corey Bowman, fallow by Christopher Smithman hate Phil, Yes, of course he is. Now he'll be aud at seven twenty. I hope you can stick around for this.
Speaker 1: A full rundown and the biggest head lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 7: I'm giving you a fact.
Speaker 2: Now the Americans should though fifty five K the talk station the latest on your.
Speaker 5: Seven oh five fifty five karrosit talk station, Happy Monday. You do a choice when it comes to elections. Of course, your vote counts, and every vote matters, and maybe we could change the direction of the city of since and by going a different route politically joining me Merrill candidate Corey Bowman find him on line at Corey Bowman dot com. Corey, welcome back to the morning show. It's pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 17: Hey, it's always great to be on. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 5: Quick question, I don't want to put you on the spot if you're not going. Are you planning on being at Jim and Jacks for the VVA GRAMA swam and Christopher Smithaman and summit that's going on this evening.
Speaker 13: Yes, we believe in open discussion and we encourage anybody that whatever voice that you have to attend.
Speaker 5: That's wonderful to hear. Now, your reaction to the press conference happened over the weekend August Firth mayor I have to have Purvoll Police Chief Dji and share along the city manager along with community leaders including Damon Lynch. The third perval had this to say, it's overt racial tensions that have been claimed by irresponsible leaders who have unfortunately cynically tried to take advantage of this awful fight and try and divide us. I read that and I wrote loll after it. I mean, we've been living a reality the left is it loves to divide us. They were the ones that divide us constantly over every possible issue, political and social. This is what they're all about. Divide and conquer is a strategy for the left, So I find it a little bit hard to swing. I look at like since George Floyd, they have used that to take advantage of this fight and try to divide us racial tensions claimed by irresponsible leaders. I mean, this has been going on for a long time. Anyway. Your overall reaction to the press conference and where we stand on this incident, Corey Bowman, Yeah, Well, like.
Speaker 13: You said, there's a lot of people trying to turn this into a divisive issue. But I don't see how it can be divisive when you're just going against the violence that's happening downtown. Everybody wants you to take a side, and there's certain things of the and you know, details of the investigation.
Speaker 17: I believe as a.
Speaker 13: Elected official, you do have to tell people, Hey, the investigations ongoing, we have to wait for all the factors to come out. I agree with that, But what I don't agree with is just sitting your residence in the dark and not telling anybody anything and letting everybody kind of fend for themselves, and then when the information does come out. All you're doing is criticizing social media. All you're doing is criticizing the media for not technically doing your job of informing the people. And that's what we have to realize is that city Hall, the chief, the mayor, they were silent for an extended amount of time while all this was going on, and the nation's eyes were on our city, and the elected officials are responsible for informing the people about what's going on, and they failed to do so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the silence was deafening. We didn't hear from the mayor until Monday, if I recall correctly, he was out of town in Vancouver.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I get it, you know, there has to be vacations, there has to be time off, but when all the eyes of the nation are on our city and this is what's happening, so that from my perspective, I woke up on Monday morning, you know, and there was a lot of discussions that was happening over the weekend from people what's going on about the fighter, about the violence.
Speaker 17: And I want to say that number.
Speaker 13: One, these videos for people that live downtown and live in the Cincinnati area, it's just a reminder of what we've had to go through over the last months of the summer with a poorly managed city that has let crime just override the streets of our city.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 17: So, But anyway, I woke up on Monday.
Speaker 13: And my phone was ringing off the hook from media and this is national media, you know, not one side of media, but this is all media outlets that some of them were flying in from the from their national.
Speaker 17: Headquarters to try to get news on this.
Speaker 13: And they told me specifically that nobody from city Hall, nobody from the police department officials were making any comments, and so they were just trying to get information to tell people what's going on, and there was silence from city Hall.
Speaker 5: Well that under the I mean, as an elected official, you're going to have to run in and deal with situations that you wish you didn't have to deal with. It sounds to me like they're by ignoring it, they thought that it was just going to go away.
Speaker 1: This is viral.
Speaker 5: I mean, it took viral video to bring it to the attention of even local media who hadn't reported on it until what on Sunday or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and you know, everybody says, oh, you can't just attack. You got to provide solutions. Well, these are we've been providing solutions with our campaign of what we would do differently. And Friday night or Saturday morning was a perfect storm of all of these mismanaged policies in the city that have encouraged its violence to happen on a regular basis. You know, let's talk about, you know, the emergency communication center, how they didn't have a delegated dispatcher in line for the events. Let's talk about the curfew, how officers were specifically told to not cite for violations, and so basically there's glorified babysitters, a short staff force is trying to enforce a curfew, but not enforce a curfew. And then let's talk about how there was not adequate cops that were downtown. And then on top of this, let's talk about how the chief said that there was only one nine to one one call and when they played that, I'm telling you that's the bold face lie. Because at the screenshot of a lady that called off a Fourth Street at three oh three am and she said that they were very dismissive on the line.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a development that I was not aware of.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm trying to get the word out on that, because that was just an actual bold face lot when you say that there's one.
Speaker 17: Nine to one one call.
Speaker 13: Now, I was waiting for it because a lady approached me on the street while I was doing an interview and.
Speaker 17: She said, I tried to call I called.
Speaker 10: Ninety one one.
Speaker 17: She told me about her experience.
Speaker 13: She said that it was during the fight and she was trying to let the dispatcher know or the call taker know that there was a fight going on. She said the call taker was very dismissive and rude, and this was at three oh three am. And this is a lady, she's actually a very prominent, you know, influential lady in the financial district.
Speaker 17: And so when she told me that, she sent me.
Speaker 13: Her screenshot and then I see on the press conference tell the police, he says, there's.
Speaker 17: Only one phone call and it happened at three h six am.
Speaker 13: And so when they released the recording, I was waiting to hear the lady's voices. I was like, Hey, maybe I by a chance to only talk to the one person that called n one one, But that was not the case. And we're getting reports that there were calls and so that was a lie. And if you hear on the actual phone call itself that was released by the gentlemen who called, there are sirens at the end.
Speaker 17: Of the phone call, and so the.
Speaker 13: Police were informed before that as well.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you think of or Mayor Athab Provolls sort of a change in his viewpoint with regard to law enforcement. We got the wine announcing that he's going to deploy the state Highway patrol to free up some of the officers so they can I guess patrol the streets. Provoll said that will allow them to do that. He said, You're going to see police officers on foot, You're going to see police officers on bike patrols. You're going to see police officers in squad cars. You're going to see police officers on segways and on segways that have three wheels. You are prioritizing the visibility in our urban core in order not just to maintain safety, even to make sure people feel safe when they're going out. Well, seems like something that people have been clamoring for for a long time. Where's the mayor been since he was elected and prior councils who are pro defunding the police. This is a complete one to eighty.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if you've been paying attention to city Hall, you know that this is a one eighty. But this is the game plan for anybody that's in an election year that you're going to be reactive, not proactive. And this is the reality is that if you are elected office, you have.
Speaker 17: To be able to see into the future.
Speaker 13: You got to be able to see what's ahead, and you've got to be able to plan ahead and just prepare the people or prepare the streets to be safe. And this is a little too little, too late, in my opinion, because this is something that from the top down is trickled down in competence from our city hall and we've got to get a change.
Speaker 5: In leadership, including the chief of Police and the city manager Corey Bowman.
Speaker 13: Well, so my public statement on Monday was I called for the public resignation of city Manager Cheryl Law.
Speaker 17: A lot of people you know we're calling for the.
Speaker 13: Resignation of the mayor. Well we're doing that in November. You can make your voice heard and vote for Corey Bowman in November fourth against Mayor at have parival. But I'm trying to educate people on the reality of city government is that we have a CEO type.
Speaker 17: Which is the city manager.
Speaker 13: The city manager is responsible administratively for implementing policies throughout the city.
Speaker 17: This isn't just about the crime.
Speaker 13: This is about We've had terrible snowplower moval, We've had terrible potholes and infrastructure situations. We've had time and time again problems administratively with the city. And then the city manager, to top it all off, does appoint the Cincinnati Fire chief and the police department chief. And so if you call for the chiefs, which I think that people have a valid response to that, but you have a city manager in place that will put somebody that's more incompetent into their place.
Speaker 17: And so we've got to realize.
Speaker 13: That this is from the top down and competence from the leadership.
Speaker 5: Corey Bowman dot com where you find Corey and help him out in his campaign and maybe show up to night at Jim and Jackson the River five point thirty. It's going to be a crowd. I presume. I know there's a counter protests scheduled across the street. Now, Corey I don't know. I mean Vivak Ramaswamy and Christopher Smithman, leaders of this particular meeting, are interested in finding solutions. That was the point of it. I mean, set it out loud. Not there to filment violence and anger, as Iris Rawley would suggest, but an opportunity to maybe get your voice heard and see Corey Bowman and shake hands and again Corey Bowman dot com to help his campaign. I hope it goes well tonight, Corey. I hope it's uneventful at least in terms of violence or anger, and I hope you do come up with some good solutions. It's a great opportunity for people to get the message out.
Speaker 13: No, Brian, thank you so much. And finally, I SA it's okay. I'd like to say that that is a key issue with everything going on is the game plan is divide and from the other side, and we cannot allow that to happen. We have stood against any type of hate, any type of racism. We denounced anybody on either side that would cause violence to the other side for any type of reason. That is what we're fighting against, and we're trying to get people to focus on the main issue, which is trickled down in competence from the top down.
Speaker 17: We've got to change leadership.
Speaker 5: Change leadership for the betterment of all people, regardless of political stripes in the city of Cincinnati. That's what your message is, Corey Bowman. That's all I've heard from you from the get go, and I know you personally and truly believe that you are a man of competence and of your word, and someone who's certainly looking for peace and not violence and division. Corey wish you the best of luck.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You and I will talk again real soon, I hope absolutely.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much, Brian.
Speaker 5: Sure, thank good luck. Tonight seven sixteen fifty five care see talk station. Christopher Smithman will be there at Jim and Jackson the River and you can pretty much say that about that every single day, his favorite hangout. He'll be on the program next and first. Because you deserve better, call my friends at Plumb Tight Plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs, no service, fees, free estimates a plus with a better business bureau. They know you deserve better and they deliver on that. Great plumbers. I know that for a fact because I've watched them in action at my house tankless water heaters been pointing this out. Plum Tight to try, says number one installer for tankless. Go tankless to save money, save a lot of space, no giant tank anymore, and those tankless systems last longer. Plus the best benefit you never run out of hot water. It's an amazing thing, revolutionary technology for your home. So call Plumb Tight for that. Also call them for trenchless sewer line repair. Haven't inspector sewer line you got a problem there. Fortunately you don't have to lose your lawn in the process of dealing with that repair or replacement. Trenchless sewer line repair from Plumb type Plumbing Auld, Plumb Tight, t I T E, Plumb Tight dot Com five one three seven two seven Tight five one three seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Our iHeart see fifty five per CD talk station. Happy Monday. Always made it extra special because we hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati at this time every Monday. Welcome back for the smither vent, Christopher Smithman. Always a pleasure to having you on the program.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me on Brian, I tell you I've been listening to your show, of course, and I just heard Corey Bowman, who was a candidate for mayor, who came on. And you know, one of the things I'll say, you know, as I as I talk about my vent is just my disappointment in the press conference on Friday. It lacked uh information and solutions for someone who had been out of town, who had really kind of missed the entire national discussion about what would had happened in downtown Cincinnati from their pure vole. And so I was waiting to hear him say a few things like number one. I was waiting for him to say, Look, I extend my deepest thoughts to the victims. This should never have happened to anyone. And the amount of violence, the kicks to the head, the woman Holly, who I now have found her name has was punched in the face. I feel so horrible for her. There would notice there was no empathy on his part for those who had been attacked in downtown. And there is no excuse, there is no excuse for the violence that we saw on those people in downtown Cincinnati. So this it was an easy step and I have no idea why it is so difficult for this mayor to show empathy for Holly, who has knocked out most people who saw that video when her eyes went still, when the blood came out of her mouth. And I'm being very specific because I think we need to be, because some people haven't seen the video that you would have thought the mayor would have then said, Hey, I could see that in my wife, I can see that in my sister, I could see that in my aunt. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone in my family. There was none of that, I mean his response. His response was like, Hey, I really haven't spoken to any of the victims, and I've asked Joe to kind of play that piece on the other side when we come back so people can hear specifically what he said Brian that, Hey, I haven't spoken to any of the victims. I haven't reached out to anyone and had a conversation with him. I don't know how a mayor of a major city sees a video like that and then says I don't have time to talk to any of them.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a very very good point, Christopher, and you talk about rising above Hollywood was interviewed and she had this to say, and I thought, you know what an amazing woman, and didn't she speak the right words? Good. I here's what she said. I think that there are so many people out there that love to hate, and they're on social media and they just want to ramp each other up and encourage hate out there. And I just want you all to know I don't hate the people who did this to me. She said. She hopes, in her words, they find love and they find different way of thinking. I mean, talk about it, but I would characterize it someone it is like a very Christian attitude, you know, you know, turn the other cheek or forgive your brother man, regardless of what they did to you. I thought that was a I think that speaks volumes to her character.
Speaker 6: Christopher No, I totally agree. And I was looking for that kind of tone, Yeah, from the mayor, you know, to say this incident happened. Hey, listen, I will at a mayor's conference. I've been on vacation, I'm now back on the job, and I'm gonna set the right peaceful tone. And so he didn't do that. He went there and he said, you Brian, the media you're the problem. The people of Cincinnati who are viewing the videos with their own eyes, you're the problem for posting it and talking about it using our first Amendment right. Everybody was the problem except the leaders at City Hall. His his very light comment about President pro Tim Parks, meaning her comment of saying, all of those who were viciously attacked, including Holly, now, you didn't say it this way, but she didn't say it this way, begged for it. What a grotesque comment from the President pro Tem. If I were a member of council, if I were the mayor and I was standing on that podium, I would have said it is time for our President pro tem to resign, meaning I would have made it clear that I distanced myself from someone who is clearly advocating violence, because she's saying they begged for that. No one begged for getting being kicked in the head, stumped. And this notion that they were acting like they were wrestlers, those professional wrestlers, and they were coming off the top of the ring. People Matt that have seen the whole video, and they were landing on their body back up again and to cheers. People were cheering. As a person went back up in the air like they were in the WWE and landing back on the victims that were in the middle of the street. People probably haven't seen the total video, and that was happening. By the cheers of the crowds, it was like they were in some coliseum. And so I want to say that I was looking for this leadership, rich leadership from the mayor having come back, and I think he missed an entire opportunity.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, Christopher. We'll hear more from Christopher Smith than maybe a little Audie coming up after the break Here first, Odor eggs it won't get rid of the stencheon seven thirty on a Monday. Christopher smithment on the line to win that thing we call the Smither event. All right, chrisphe you have the floor, which dressing will go. I know you mentioned some audio for Jill to play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want I'd like Joe to just play that segment from the mayor's comments so we can hear what he said at the press conference. I have not.
Speaker 18: I mean, look again, this was a fight. It was a horrific fight. But as councilmember and others have said, we have significant other public safety challenges. We have children who are far too often the victims of gun violence. We have oftentimes far too often the perpetrators of the gun violence being children. We have violent crime, like every other major city across the nation, that requires our attention and our bandwidth, and so I don't traditionally meet or speak to every victim of violent crime in our city. And that's consistent with my approach today, Christopher.
Speaker 5: Thankfully we're not presented with video evidence of disproportionate force in the words of Damon Lynch, the thirds along the lines that we saw during that melee last Saturday, That's why it made national news. It wasn't just your run of the mill sad as it may be random shooting or of act of violence. I mean, you can find those in every city across the country. So this is a horse of a different color, and I think it demanded more attention from have to have.
Speaker 17: Purvoll I agree.
Speaker 6: And his language, if you notice to all of us, was he keeps using the word fight that is strategic to the public. That is him downplaying it and trying to play place blame on both sides. This was an ambush. What happened to Holly when she was punched in the face as she tried to move or try to protect the men who are being kicked in the head. And this WWE stuff that had was happening in the middle of the street, meaning somebody just standing up and then landing back down on somebody's body and then standing back up and landing back down on somebody's body. That's what was happening in the middle of the street. This was not a fight. And so the mayor is trying to depict this because he is essentially saying those he's he's falling into what uh President pro Tim was saying, Uh Brian Thomas that that not that not that he took the step saying they deserved it, but saying that he can see wrong on both sides, and what happened, no one deserved the level of violence that you and I and others and the national world saw. And that's his lack of leadership, because what he should have said is what happened was wrong, and there was no there's no excuse, there's no way to say what I saw on that video was okay. And because he didn't do that, he's creating this vacuum in our city for people to look at those videos and post on social media that something that they saw was okay and it isn't. That is why I'm absolutely standing up against violence. That's why having this public conversation is very important because here I am, and here you have the vec Ramaswami standing up against violence and saying, let's have some community discussion because the mayor isn't doing it to the public. You would think that the mayor would be holding some type of town hall meeting bringing everybody together to have the discussion. He doesn't want to have this discussion because he really doesn't want to be the mayor in my opinion, and he certainly doesn't want to reach out to any of the victims and express empathy to them for what has happened to them in our city.
Speaker 5: Definitely, did you see Iris Rawley's post time to stand up against hate and violence Join me tomorrow talking about the rally that's going to take place across the street. From the rally you're having with vive Ramaswami to seeing at Jim and Jack's tell viv Ramasomi since that he doesn't want his divisive politics. Wow, Iris, find everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's remind everybody very briefly that Irish Rolly works for the mayor, Irish Rolli works for the city manager. She is a paid contractor making six figures working for city Hall. I believe that her political activity right is questionable because of the money she is receiving from taxpayers. Fitny Hall should be very cautious about these public aggressive comments, particularly during a campaign that she is out following the candidate, Corey Bowman to his political events and making comments while she's being paid by city Hall. It's a it's a it's a it's a very bad look. Wow. And so I'm gonna allow. I'm going to allow. I'm going to allow the mayor and the city manager to police their contractor or their employee who is posting these things in the middle of an election where she's being paid six figures. So I think that's the most important part of this that the public should understand. So if we see her and she's across the street, know that her compensation is coming from all of us.
Speaker 5: Wow. Do you think you need to report that as a campaign contribution, Christopher.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's a campaign contribution, but I think it absolutely. I think it touches the line, I'm gonna let smart, smarter people than me. You're a lawyer. There are other lawyers out there who might decide to look at this. I'm just saying, I know this fact pattern. She is being compensated by the City of Cincinnati. I don't know if that's ten ninety nine income. I don't know whether that's W two income. I predict that that income is around six figures. I think it's inappropriate for her to be making these political comments, engaging in this kind of political activity in the middle of a mayorial race. But unfortunately, we have a mayor a city manager who seemed to allow this person to do whatever they want to do and not kind of give her the engagement. What are the rules of engagement now that you are working for the city. Four years ago, she wasn't working for the right, But the last four years she's been working for the City of Cincinnati. They've been paying her. The mayor has her very close to her, the city manager has her very close. So this is new because she's never been been in the inside, meaning getting taxpayer dollars, and now she still wants to be this activist. You've got to choose a side. I think you're either an activist on the sidewalk or you're accepting taxpayer dollars and you're working on our team to make the city better.
Speaker 5: Amen, We'll bring Christopher back for another segment here tick quick break mention Jimmy care for seven forty one if you have KCV talk station Brian Tomas here with Christopher Smoth and doing the Smither vent. Yeah real quick. I don't know which direction you want to go to, Christopher, but I saw that coming from Damon Lynne, and she was upset because the mugshots are only of black people, the black people that committed the violence. Apparently, at least that was alleged by the police department. They've identified four of them, or have arrested four of the six that were identified. But he's upset that the person who slapped the black man, the man who got the beat down in the middle of the street, that he has not been arrested. Now that guy is apparently lawyered up and his lawyer didn't want him to talk with him with the police. But it doesn't mean charges won't be filed. If you slap someone, that's assault and battery, you know, So there is a potential charge there, but obviously greatly overshadowed by the heapload of violence that was meeted out upon him as a consequence of whatever altercation led to this.
Speaker 6: Look, here's what I want your listening audience and you as my white brother to understand. From my perspective, I will leave, I will leave the politics and that to my friend and used to be neighbor, David Lynch. Let me say this, what happened on that video was racist. That those people at some level were targeted because of their race. You heard it in the video when one white male was being knocked out with a knockout game. You shouldn't be out here. This is karma. They drug him in the middle of the street like he wasn't even a human being, and so they dehumanize these people at a level. I'm going to allow the federal government to dig into whether they think HA crimes should be are appropriate for what I saw on the video. My personal opinion is that this was a HA cron and that if this had happened in reverse, if I was watching a video with a group of white people in the middle of the street that were doing the WWE video, meaning they're standing up and falling back down. And see I keep saying that because people haven't even shown that part of the video, meaning just smashing these people in the middle of the street, knocking them out, kicking them in their heads, punching holly in the faith. If this was reverse and this was a middle aged couple, black woman who was knocked out three or four or five black men in the middle of the street being stomped and beat up and kicked in the head by white people, I suggest that city hall would have a different response. I suggest that mayor pure Ball would have a different response. I suggest that our police chief would have a different response. I suggest that our city manager would have a different response. This is an issue where they do not have the racial competency to run our city, and they're just showing it that they're not even handed. They're not willing to call a ball a ball and a striker strike, and that is what is dividing us and white Americans. Whether they live in Paddap Hills, whether they live in Clifton, Stephen Gooden where he lives, whether someone lives in Northside, whether they live in bond Rolls around Westwood, of Price seal where this is or whether they live on River Road. Everybody is seeing the double standard. We're not crazy, and so it's very important in my opinion for African American leadership right now to stand up and call a ball the ball to strike, to strike, a strike to strike. I do not share the opinion of my former neighbor and friend, Reverend Damon Lynch. He can have whatever opinion he wants is he has a First Amendment right to have it. I'm sharing with you that I see the double standard. I believe that this was a hate crime from my perspective, and it should be treated as such. Well.
Speaker 5: A lot of people reaching conclusions many along those lines, Christopher, I certainly understand it, given the circumstances of what we've seen. Please Chief Fiji. At the press conference on Friday, he said they've got a whole bunch more video that fully reflects what happens, and that the public is currently really truly in the dark over the entire circumstance. So maybe we will get to see some of the video you're refirmed into, Christopher, as well as maybe more. She's got police cam of footage and other video. I guess they have cameras posted on the polls downtown Cincinnati that may be available. I don't know, but you did say that information and those videos will be released this week.
Speaker 6: Well, let me let me share with you that the city doesn't have cameras in this.
Speaker 1: ERAa oh really okay.
Speaker 6: Cameras they do have are too far away, all right, So they're not going to be able to produce anything like that of significance from city cameras. They're they're they're relying on the video that were taken from the citizens down with their cameras. All I'm saying to you is that you can see the effort of not showing the video that I'm talking about this WWE stuff that was happening in the middle of the street by African American men who are standing up and as as if they were coming from the top of a ring and coming down on the bodies of these white men in the middle of the street. That happened several times. That video has not been sent out, It is not being played nationally, and I believe that it will and I believe that the press conference that happened on Friday will not age. Will that just basically says, hey, listen. They didn't do a good job. They were there trying to blame the Brian Thomas. They were trying to blame Channel five, Channel twelve, whoever, they were trying to blame social media. They are the leaders of the city of Cincinnati, and there was no reflection on their part saying we own this part of it. We only had three officers downtown. We were understaffed. We should have done better coordination with the state of Ohio with Governor Mike Delyne. That would have been part of the solution, right. We should have brought more officers in, the sheriffs in and because we knew that there were three major events that were happening downtown. I mean, the point is that mayor didn't own anything. You know, I have a master's degree in counseling, and one of the first things you have to do is own He didn't own anything. He was blaming everybody. He was deflecting. It was the basic kinds of things which are talking about happening across the street, which is just fine for anybody to do. That's just deflection. It's just background noise. Because there are people out here who want him to win. They want members of Council to win, and they really don't want you and I, my white brother black brothers, to come together, have a civil conversation, talk about solutions, talk about what happened, and walk out of here hand in hand. They're wanting to keep the divisiveness actually going because they're more interested in the November election than they are the people of the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's why I'm a bit jaded and cynical in my belief that the Ku Klux Klan is actually alive and well and active in downtown Cincinnati. I mean, that's an easy setup to hand out a flyer and suggest that Klan is active and trying to stir up more division along those lines.
Speaker 6: I've got to tease you a little bit to my white brother. First, I know you're not a member because you can't even pronounce the name of the organization. I've been listening to you all morning, and every time you say it man, because my parents are from the South, brother, you hit the first the first word all wrong. Brian Talvis is not clue klu Klux. I know, brother, but that's how you're doing it so proper. All I'm sharing with you is we know you're not a member, brother, so you're not a member. You know anything, you know anything about it. But the point you're making, you're making a very rational point. You remember, the klu klux Klan was an arm of the Democratic Party. Historically. These are the Dixiecrats, right, This is not the Republican Party. So remember the Dixiecrats. My grandfather who was from Montgomery, Alabama, my mother of what's from Montgomery, my father from Birmingham, Alabama. The people that they worry about, my grandmother who lived through one hundred and six Mosilla flowers. They were concerned about the Dixiecrats, the Klueklus current members, not the Republicans. So remember when you look at that flyer, you should think about the Democratic Party because that's historically who they were and what they did. And the last thing I'll share with you, we stand on hollow ground here in Price Hill. Remember the Ohio River, never forget, was the sacred place where so many African Americans crossed for freedom. And there were abolitionists all up Route fifty who took in our people and kept them safe from the slave catchers. Right put their lives in everything on the line. There is no better place than right here at Jim and jack to have some type of public discussion about what is happening in our city for those white abolitionists who put everything on on the line. I am honored to serve as a voice for those white Americans who were dehumanized and continue to be dehumanized by city Hall and specifically the President pro Tim who said those people begged for the violence against the Jeez.
Speaker 5: Tonight five point thirty, get there early, Jim and Jackson the River to hear vivek Ramaswami. Christopher Smithman, Corey Bowman is going to be their Other elected officials are welcome, and of course the victims are welcome to attend as well. So it should be an interesting turnout and I hope it all goes peacefully and honestly, Christopher, I really truly hope that that's what happens. You walk out hand in hand.
Speaker 6: Arm one. I love you, brother, you are my brother. I love you man.
Speaker 5: Amen, brother, you are mine as well.
Speaker 1: Your summer pocket knife of information. It's the only way to stay From fifty five DARC the talk station.
Speaker 5: At five the fifty five p r CD talk station. It's Monday, regular listeners know it's that time of week we talk money with all Worth Financials. Brian James, Welcome back, my friend. It's always pleasure to have me on. Thanks to all Worth for loaning out every Monday at this time.
Speaker 4: Good morning, mister Thomas, hope you had another good weekend.
Speaker 5: Fantastic weekend and a special shout out to my friends in Westchester where the Hoodie memorial. Corey Hood died in a tragic parachuting incident. He was a Golden Knight and he was a huge, huge supporter of Westchester and Lakota High School. Everywhere he went around the world as a Golden Knight, he promoted the community, his love for the community, and so they've honored his memory and this is the tenth year for the fundraiser. They've established some scholarships in his name, and they had me out every year to speak a few words and kind of facilitate it, and it was just a glorious, glorious event. It always is one of those things that reminds you that there's so much good going on in the world in spite of the fact that we deal with a bunch of crap each and every day in the news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my neck of the ones. And yeah, it is wonderful that that that story has gotten out there, and it seems to be growing every single year.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: The silver line of it is, well, now his story is out there, the kind of person he was and what he stood for.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, and the fact that he's I mean, these are twenty two five hundred dollars scholarships that they've now, they've got the scholarship fully funded. They've been so successful with the fundraising efforts they don't have to add another dime to that. The return on investment will cover the annual scholarship. So they have two other scholarships they're working to get to that point. But great people out there. They're just so fun and welcoming, and again is one of those I really needed this event kind of moment is the way I feel every year about it. It's because here I am surrounded by bad news and you know, division and intolerance and beat downs, and you show up and something like that. You know, what, the world is still sane, The world is still a great place.
Speaker 4: There are people out there who aren't in conflict and arguing with each other at all times.
Speaker 5: That's what I get out of the event. So that'll carry me now for a month or maybe two, and then I'll be back to feeling blue and misery, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, like for the next ten to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, let's pivot over. Donald Trump has been having a real problem with each FED chair, Jerome Powell. He's been screaming and clamoring for Powe to lower the interest rate. And of course, the most recent meeting of the Federal Open Mouth Committee is that think used to call it held the rates at where they are, which is what four point five percent? So no lowering of the rates and what the last five times they met, they've kept it the same. Yeah, that's pretty much right. We're the Fed does not move quickly. We don't want to spook anything. You don't want to spook the herd.
Speaker 4: That's always been the way the Fed has thought, and so they step lightly. Like we've talked about a couple of times in these airwaves, the President apparently has established the ability to change his mind on a dime. Today, we're putting tariffs against a certain country at a certain percentage. Tomorrow we're gonna hold off on that. Federal Reserve chairs do not have that luxury. They cannot spook the market like that. That's going to cause more problems than it solves. So they're not moving fast enough anyway, although I don't believe any FED chair will be able to move fast enough to keep President Trump happy. But in this case, there's also behind this. There's just a difference in philosophy. Trump feels an interest rates should have been on the you know, months, if not years ago, and FED chair Palell is feeling a little differently about that in terms of his face is on this. So he has to be the one making the right decisions.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not his unilateral decision. It is made up of a board of governors. I think. What there are seven members that make up the Federal Board, and don't they all sort of say and is it a majority opinion on whether to raise or lower rates?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, it is. So yeah, there's a board of governors out there, and two of them recently came out last week and said that they felt like it's time to start lower interest rates. And that's not too shocking either, because you know that the numbers are starting to come out. We're gonna talk about that a little bit. Theos themselves, of course, but they are starting to come out in favor of what ter Powell. Terir Powell wants to act on more evidence in general, so he's a little bit slower than some have been in the past. But those numbers are coming out. It's looking more and more like we're going to see a ray cut here in September. So we may we looks like we may very well get what the president is is it has been asking for, and what some of the political population believe as well. It's just not happening fast enough to keep everybody happy.
Speaker 5: But they can only raise or lower rates at these Federal Open Market Committees meetings, and they only have those.
Speaker 4: How often once a month.
Speaker 5: So once a month.
Speaker 4: So and they yeah, they can't really go off psyche. Well that's not in CHYLI. So they've done it in the past. But a real reference is not to the preference is not to do that, because again, it just tends to rattle things too much.
Speaker 5: Well, like Trump's tariffs. You know, if they're on one day and off the next, you can't adjust for that. But at least I suppose knowing that one month from the last meeting, you're going to get another meeting where the option is there could be lower rates or raised then we're keeping the same There's only like I guess, one month worth of stability, so it's really not that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in what we're trying to do with these kinds of things, remember what businesses have to make decisions. You know, there's a business out there that wants to build a factory or something like that and create jobs. I'm sort of making this up as hypothetical example, but somebody out there is sitting in a conference room right now trying to decide do we execute this loan with this bank right now or do we wait six weeks this end of September and see what the Federal Reserve is going to do because we could get a better interest rate out of the deal. So you know, there are this is something there has to be some predictability to it, where if I'm trying to make a decision that's going to employ hundreds of thousands of people, you know, build build some factories as the President is wanting here, Well, then I need to know what my bank financing terms are going to be, and a lot of that comes right out of the Fed. So I need to be able to understand what they're going to do and the timing of when they're going to do it, not this afternoon is different from tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: Well, we've had this conversation and the subject of mortgages. It's a kind of a cosmic crabshoot are they going to go up? Or are they going to go down? And you know, when we bought our first home, there was really big question mark as with the direction they were going to go. So lock it in, but recognize you could always refinance at some point in the future. I mean businesses can do that. I suppose the interest rate is really more about the federal government and the interest they pay on the T bills. Yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So interest rates are manipulated two ways, directly from the federal from the Fed and whatever the market wants to do. If the market has its own opinions, and it will drive bonds up and down, and that has an effect on interest rates itself. So both of those two things result in what a might a company might sign off on, or an individual on a mortgage. Both of those impact exactly what those numbers are that appear on that contract.
Speaker 5: All right, Since then we're gonna talking about the UAU labor statistics and the Donald Trump's rather his reaction to the statistics that we're handed out. What are the various statistics just generally speaking, that the FED looks at in making a determination. Obviously labor rates are one of them, but what are the others?
Speaker 4: So the FED is looking at CPI. The FED is a dual mandate. Their job is to keep employment at full employment, which is never one hundred percent. That makes no sense when we have one hundred percent employment or near it. That's when you see companies like McDonald's offering signing bonuses because they can simply can't find workers so well. Full employment is more like ninety five percent employment, and they want to keep prices under control. That is their primary role. There's a million statistics and reports and all kinds of things that they look at, but it basically has to do with employment and CPI. Those are the two things. If we keep those under control, keep those where we want them. We want, you know, employment around ninety five percent is and we want inflation around two to two and a quarter something like that. We're a little bit higher than that now, but we are well off our nine percent crazy highs from a few summers ago, so we're definitely training in the right direction. We just haven't actually ticked the box that would give a green light to Jerome pell in his own thinking.
Speaker 5: Well, and going back to the Board of Governors, I understand Governor Adrianna Kugler stepped down early. It was reported. I thought I recalled reading and correct me if I'm wrong, Brian, it's we have you here for She was angry that they didn't lower the rate, so she stepped down off the Board of Governors. Have I got the background on that one, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 4: So she announced in August just the other day that she was going to step down, but she was supposed to be around till January thirty. First, she didn't really give a clear reason in her letter, her resignation letter, but she did state her she does want to go back to academia and all those kinds of things. This is coming alongside that, you can kind of conclude that perhaps she didn't want to deal with the pressure that's going on between the President and Jerome Powell. She didn't even go to the meeting most recently, so you know, all of this is speculation. It's not fair to guess at what's in somebody's head. But you know you can. I think you can kind of infer from the lack of information that she shared about her decision that whatever it was probably would have caused more conflict, and she was trying to avoid that too.
Speaker 5: Well. Since the border governors are nominated by the President, confirmed by the Senate, I can only imagine Donald Trump will get a an interest rate cut hawk in the queue for this. How quickly can this turn around before the next vote.
Speaker 4: That's That's something I'm not sure to be able to be quite honest on that. Yeah, I'm not going to claim to be a civics expert. However, yes, I would say that President Trump definitely has and he's not the only one. Lots of presidents, of course, want people to align with their thinking. He's just been the loudest about it. So yeah, I would be fairly confident saying whoever gets nominated is gonna be pretty well in support of Donald Trump's different perspective. At the same time, remember he put drum Powell in this position too, so we'll see if it lasts throughout this person's term.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you made that point because I had forgotten Yeah, this is a product of his own making in many respects. But you can't read the future. You have no idea if you're gonna come to blows with your appointees down the road more with Brian James from all Worth Financial, we're gonna talk about labor statistics, something else that's kind of the skin of Donald Trump and job loss. A job loss is a consequence of it. First, though, Affordable Imaging Services, we are talking about money, and this is all about money because you're gonna get the same dang thing you're gonna get from the hospital imaging department at Affordable Imaging Services, that is and echo cardigrana, MRI, a CT scan, an ultrasound, or an X ray. You're gonna get it for a sizeable discount, I mean massive. Ask my listener friend Fred out there who said he saved six thousand dollars, and I always like mention Jeff too. He saved thirty one hundred dollars. Jeff got a CT scan. I've gotten three of them at Affordable Imaging Services. You know what, same equipment to hospitals use medical professionals operating them. They've been at this for decades. A CT scan is not five thousand dollars, which is probably what it's gonna cost you at the hospital. It's four fifty four hundred fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with a contrast. Yep, been down that road. Doctors had no problem with many of the images. The images all all of them come with the price included a board certified radiologist report. It's low overhead. Folks, don't expect all these bells and whistles. Just expect you to get a good CT scan or an ultrasound, et cetera and save money. That's what it's about. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Check it all out online Affordable Meddeimaging dot com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five krc OHC.
Speaker 5: Since KIRCD talk station at the time of week, we talked money and it's money money with Brian James, and speaking of money matters Brian come completely unrelated to the labor stats that we're going to talk about here in a moment. Obviously, everyone in the community, across the entire country included, is talking about that beat down that Saturday and the woman Holly who got punched in the face. Somebody sent me a link to the gives Send Go campaign, which is where you can contribute to help her deal with her medical issues and everything. Three hundred and forty thousand, nine hundred dollars has been raised so far in the last several days. That is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was a huge attention to get her for our for our city here, and I think we'll get through it, like we've gotten passed everything through everything in the past. You know, it's never smooth. But at the same time, yeah, I think this one is there's some obvious changes that are pretty much screaming out there, and I would say you have three hundred and forty thousand votes that would agree with me.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: And these are all pretty small contributions. Ten bucks here, fifteen bucks there. It's like every little bit counts much in the same way every little bit you put toward your retirement counts. You're going to get a compounding interest and return on that, so it's the right thing to do. Start planning for your future. They're a little plug for getting a financial plan.
Speaker 4: Excellent segue there, miss Trummers.
Speaker 1: I thought you might like that all right.
Speaker 5: Moving back to one of the statistics, that the Fed does calculate and determined or look look at into determining whether or not the raise or lower maintain interest rates where they are labor statistics. I understand Donald Trump fired the Bureau of Label Labor Statistics Commissioner because he wasn't happy over what he described as the biggest miscalculation in over fifty years. What's the story on this one, Brian?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, we all know. When you don't like the news, what do you do? You shoot the messenger, because obviously that's the solution to these types of things. So anyway, Yeah, so President Trump just did something no modern president has ever done. Nobody has ever fired the Bureau of Labor Statistics head right after a report comes out. You know, I'm not in love with this. I'm okay with some of the things we've done to you know, to change our standing and you know, for example, force other countries to pay their fair share for NATO support and even up on tariffs, all that stuff. I've been feeling like his overdue moves. But stuff like this, to me, just completely undermines his legacy. He's reacting to the July report showed only seventy three thousand new jobs that was far below expectations. But the bigger point, remember the Bureau Labor Statistics. What they do is they gather surveys. They literally ask companies, how many people did you hire this month? And companies will respond and of course, just like any other survey you get via email, sometimes you respond right away, usually you don't, But anyway, it takes a long time. Over the ensuing three months of sending that out, they will continue to receive responses to this survey. Yeh, that's where those revisions come from. It's not the Bureau of Labor Statistics screwing things up. It's companies just not responding in a timely manner to government surveys, which you know, you can't force him to do that anyway. But the news here as the revision was downward by over a quarter million jobs. That is a really really big miss. And rather than deal with the headlines of possible slowing economy, President Trump just decided that that it was wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, and look, let me get this straight. If they came out with a number that was accurate, Let's say, you know, there's a you know, a gazillion jobs out there and the unemployment rate went down that would result in the FED not wanting to lower interest rates, right, So didn't her initial number sort of bolster the argument for lowering interest rates or if I if I might confuse on this, Brian.
Speaker 4: No, And that's the slightly frustrating part, Like we were talking about earlier this morning. You know, the FED chair pal definitely wants He's had a history and most of FED chairs have a history of wanting to rely on data and not gut feel when it comes to making these huge interest rates decisions. So yes, the the the actual numbers that were coming out, even these revisions are speaking towards Yeah, it's probably time to lower interest rates because the economy is definitely slowing and whoops, it may be slowing a little faster. Were stomping on the brakes a little little faster that we wanted to That is a recipe for Yep, it's time to lower interest rates. And that's why I feel pretty confident that September is going to involve a rate cut. But it also speaks to I think it's the it's the trajectory. It's how quickly those revisions came down that angered the president because it makes it feel like the economy is going over a cliff as opposed to just slowing down.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's bad for politics. Great, that is bad visibility, bad optics. First, great, job numbers would result are good for your politics. See my pot, my plan, my economic policy. Everything's working. Look at the numbers. But then you start screaming about lowering interest rates. That flies in the face of the success you're having and the opportunity for interest for inflation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this president is not very tolerant of really any negative headlines at all. So fortunately the market seems to see through at the The market came down a little bit on Friday, and as we're sitting here right now, futures are up about a half point or so. So the market does tend to see through this, but it won't tolerate it very long. The market absolutely hates it. The overall stock market is wonderful at sniffing out blogoney, and that it will come through there. If we're really trying to tout that the economy is wonderful, but we're hemorrhaging jobs left and right, you will see it in the stock market.
Speaker 5: All right, But the late your Labor Statistics Commissioner Eric Maciner's calculations, which resulted in her firing. It's regular. I mean, you said it. It's want to sort of emphasize it. It's normal for them to provide revised figures, maybe a little bit after, maybe a long after, but they always look back and correct the record based upon the actual evidence when it finally comes in. So this is not unusual.
Speaker 4: No, not at all. And in fact, I went back through the past couple presidents. So of the Trump's first administration for twenty seventeen to twenty twenty, the average revision was an average increase of seventy three thousand jobs. That sounds like a big number in an absolute terms, but it's relatively small when you're talking about three hundred million people in this country, right. But when during those revisions at that time, generally speaking, the bias was up. Those revisions usually were positive. Under Biden from twenty one to twenty four, the more recent ones about one hundred thousand jobs on average, and usually they were in a more downward direction, and Obama was kind of somewhere in the middle. But anyway, the point is not the numbers. The point is that these revisions have happened and do happen and always will happen. The ahead of the BLS gets two days to do whatever he or she is going to do with the data. They don't get to audit it, and all that has to come out as basically as soon as it as soon as it appears, so there's not much chance that she would have had to manipulate it. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out there that there's a zero chance that Trump gave any time to look for the data, to look for any evidence that this is an accurate assertion of his that the data is wrong.
Speaker 5: He simply didn't like the numbers fair enough. Brian James. One more and this, I think this is a rhetorical question. Should high schoolers have to take a personal finance course?
Speaker 1: I'm all in for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get it out of the way, as we said segment Brian, it's been a good morning. We're just gonna call that again.
Speaker 5: Well, fuss one more with money Monday's bride James after this quick word for Zimmer heating and cooling, coming up on eighty years family ownership and operation. This is third generation Chris Simmer at the Helm. They do it all central air conditioners, Ducklass mini split systems, he pumps, geothermal gas furnaces, smart thermostats, boiler space, packed light, commercial hvac and I'm a other services and even oil furnaces. It's a full service HVAC company. But if your system is beyond repair and it's time to replace your HVA system, it's an ideal time to do it. You can say fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. The experts there have been keeping the Cincinnati area home safe, efficient and comfortable again for coming up on eighty years. Proud they are of this tradition. Excellent customer service. The price is always right, especially when it's fifteen hundred and fifty dollars off. Give Chris Zimmer a call to schedule the appointment of five P one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety three online upper right hand corner to schedule appointment including after our service and learn more about what they do. It's go Zimmer dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: This is the Shock Incarceration.
Speaker 5: There's your Channe nine weather Foroecast sunny day to day from the start, turning partly cliny, a little uptick in humidity, slight chance rain eighty two uh pleasant over nine, partly cliiny, just a slight chance rain sixty six little low a chance of storm smart Otherwise it's partly body and rising humidity eighty three for the high cloudy, muggy overnight sixty seven eighty three to the high Wednesday with mostly sunny sky's just a slight chance of afternoon rain sixty eight degrees.
Speaker 1: Time for traffic from the u SEEL Traffic Center.
Speaker 19: Nearly sixty percent of American's waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities. Give the gift the vike, become an organ donor or explor a living donation at u see health dot com. Slaves transplant southbound seventy five slows a bit out of lock from the heavier traffic. It's north beound seventy five good for a nextra five minutes between buttermilk and the cut. Northbound fourth seventy one slows from Memorial Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: It is a thirty here fifty five air see the talk station one more with moneybody is Ryan James, and in a very very important topic, and I'm surprised that schools are not already required to require high schoolers to take a personal finance course. In a basic budget management for the home, you know, small scale microeconomics. You learn how to balance your checkbook or otherwise not spend more money than you take in. You have an appreciation of not over spending, and then by learning that knowledge, you can then criticize government and its runaway spending and it's deficit spending and appreciate that I can't run my home that way? How is it that politicians can run our government that way? Turning everybody into a fiscal conservative? Brian James, this is Is there any opposition to this concept of requiring the some just a semester of a basic home economics kind of thing for finance.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody stands in the way of it. I think it's the opposite. I think there's a lot of people who aren't in power and don't make these decisions, who would really really like to see it out there. I saw a meme floating around. I've seen it like five times. Maybe you run across it too, where a guys guy says me, how do I balance my checkbook? Public school shut up in square dance, and that brings me per memories. I remember square dancing and wondering why I was square dancing, you know, back of the day. But yeah, so remember we don't have a Department of Education anymore, so there's no there isn't a federal mandate, nor will there be a federal mandate. But there are a lot of states out there who are doing this, So this is not a you know, the article we stumbled across with Colorado is you know, is putting something in place. They are the twenty eighth states, so there's more than half the country, half the states in the country out there that do have some kind of requirements for financial literacy around budgeting, saving, how do you deal with credit and debt, leasing versus buying all those kinds of things. And I do know some of the schools that I've had direct experience with through my own family actually do have some pretty strong programs in place. So despite the headlines, I think there's more financial education out there that is happening. It's just kind of hitting the headlines a little more as more and more states get on board, but there never will be a federal mandate on this because you just dismantled the entire Department of Education, so we will not have a voice from the federal level.
Speaker 5: I'd like to read the Constitution for what it says, and there's no Dick Todd in the federal Constitution that says it's supposed to tell us locally here in whatever school board what we are supposed to teach. That's a local issue and it's a state driven issue.
Speaker 4: But square dancing is federally man, there you go.
Speaker 5: You know why, because people take federal dollars in federal government always put strings attached on those dollars. So it doesn't bother me that the federal government isn't mandating something. But this is clearly bipartisan in terms of how much sense it makes.
Speaker 4: It is yet really nobody can argue against this, and Ohio has something in place too, So we've got a situation here in this state where we've already made these decisions. So Ohio does require that this goes from July first, twenty two is when it started, but all public the students who are in grade nine and beyond have to earn a half a credit in financial literacy can be an elective or a math credit or whatever, but it can't be part of their social studies graduation requirements. It has to be part of the finance and that represents about sixty hours of instruction under law. So we do have some rules and standards. And there have seen some of the things that are coming out of the schools. And I'm actually from my perch here as a financial advisor, I like what they're talking about. I anticipated it'll change conversations I have with young people in the next ten years.
Speaker 5: That's wonderful news. Now it kind of bothers me. This article for California Colorado Education Association, and this goes back to your square dancing. If you have time to teach square dancing, and question mark why you would allocate scarce time in the school teaching square dancing and not like reading, writing, and arithmetic. Colorado Education Association had concerns that this requirement would increase workload for teachers and staff.
Speaker 1: Oh boo hoo. Well, just take away the DEI.
Speaker 5: Training and workload and your your your training and social issues and focus on something that's valuable to every single student in the classroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then there's something to be said for that. I remember, and I had, I had a great educational experience. So I don't mean to I don't mean to come down in any of it. But the things that I look back on, I remember examples such as when we first got computers. When computers were very first a thing, the teachers wanted nothing to do with them. I mean, I'm talking this is back, this is back before the days of Oregon Express or Oregon Trail or whatever that thing was. But they didn't want to touch it at all. They simply wanted to get us in the room so that the computer expert would would basically take over for that half hour forty minutes. So yeah, I think I think we are in a situation with this stuff where it can be tough to pull, you know, a teacher out of what their background is. Maybe they know history, maybe they know mathematics, but they don't know the personal finance side themselves. Remember, I have a job for a reason. Not a lot of people know how to put the puzzle pieces together, so throwing them in and asking them to teach this curriculum can be a challenge.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll take that at face value, but they're adults, and they have their own families, and they make a salary annually. I would like to think that they have the basic skill sets to manage teaching, you know, ignorant wide eyed youths, some basic financial strategy. I mean, it's not like it's rocket science.
Speaker 4: You know it's not. But there's also a lot of ignorant, white eyed adults out there too, which again that's that's why I have a job. I love what I do.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that happened, and they're teaching your children or not, as the case may be. Brian James, thanks to get all with financial for loadan and yet always appreciate our conversations. I'll look forward to next month in another edition. I hope you have a fantastic week, my friend. Back at you, Brian. We'll talk to you next week. Donovan's Cares that's the website, Donovan's Care chr is and they do Dale Donovan and the team. We're gonna hear from Dane Donovan about the car giveaway. They have a car that's been fully repaired, ready to hit the ground running for someone in need out in the community. We're gonna learn from Dane about this in the next segment, how you can stick around.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Hey thirty nine, Here fifty five kr C the talk station. Very happy Monday to you. Love when we get charity work here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. And I've been friends with Dale Donovan and the crew over at Donovan's Auto entire Center and they've been involved with like, for example, the Goodwill Auto auction. Dale's been a huge advocate over that over the years and helped out repairing cars that they ultimately auction off, which helps serve the interest of Goodwill and all they do in the community. Well, apparently Donovan' stepping up to the playton doing it themselves. Welcome Dane Donovan hosts for our auto show over the weekend, and you've got a special go on here. What a wonderful thing you're giving back to someone in need in our community. Dane, It's good to have you on the fifty five CAREC Morning Show.
Speaker 20: Hey, good morning, Brian. Hey, thanks for having us. Yeah, I really do appreciate it. But yeah, we wanted this is another way that we wanted to give back, Like you mentioned earlier, you know, we've I've got the radio show you know, every Saturday from one to two and we help, you know, help try to help people get their cars fixed on Saturdays, you know. And but we wanted to give back to the community, and we thought this was a.
Speaker 5: Great way to do it well, and giving back is the nature. It's it's let me real quick here the website Donovan's Cares, because you may know someone out there, hardworking, single parent and neighbor going through some tough times, somebody who's always helping others out asking for anything in return, who really needs a leg up. You're giving away a twenty thirteen Subaru outback that you've got road ready and ready to run. That is correct.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we were any type of repairs that need to be done to vehicle, which they were kind of finishing them up over the last week. And yeah, it's a twenty thirteen Subaru outback, and we will make sure that all all maintenance and everything is done on the vehicle that needs to be you know, again, needs to be done and roadworthy for somebody who's in need. And uh yeah, so it's it's been going great and we hope that this really takes off. So we can do it, you know every year.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, now to that end, how did you come across the twenty thirteenth Subaru that you put all this work into to make it roadworthy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 20: So it was a vehicle that unfortunately, it needed kind of a significant amount of repairs, right, and the customer just felt just decided that they didn't want to repair it, so they donated the vehicle nice and yeah, so they donated it to us, and we went ahead, and we're gonna go ahead and make those repairs. And you know, sometimes everybody kind of they all have their breaking points, right. Some people will put a hundred you know, put you know, one hundred dollars into a two year old car and they're like, that's it. I'm not I'm not putting any more money into it. And other people will put you know, ten thousand dollars into a ten year old car. You know, so everybody kind of has their breaking point. But we felt that this was a great contender for this for you know, this program, and because Subaru is a is a great brand and they do truly last a long time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it's it's it's been going great.
Speaker 5: So you're you're looking for someone in my listening audience, or anybody in my listening audience, if knows somebody that is in need of this, needs to get maybe get to work. They're struggling financially and they can't afford whatever if they fall into that category. To go to the website Donovan's d O n O v A ns cares one word dot com and then you just nominate someone right there.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you can nominate anybody. It could be your neighbor, it could be your your nanny, it could be your you know, your elderly grandmother who just needs, you know, a vehicle. But yeah, you can nominate anybody. And again you can go to all of the informations on donovanscares dot com.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of key dates at.
Speaker 20: The bottom as when nominations will start, and then there's a you know, we we there'll be top five finalists mid August, and then the public will be voting on this.
Speaker 5: We won't be voting on who gets the car.
Speaker 20: The public will be voting on that and that that will be uh late August, and then the winner will be announced August twenty ninth. So again those are important key dates and again, you go to donvanscares dot com.
Speaker 4: It'll have all of the information.
Speaker 20: But yeah, anybody that's in need of a vehicle, we're gonna note donate a vehicle that is roadworthy and great. And again with it being an outback, you know it would be great for a family.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, yeah, but.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're kind of finishing up the final touches on the vehicle and everything's running great, so you know, we'll make sure that it's detailed and you know, the oils changed when they get this car. It's literally no pun intended. It has turned to you ready, they will get in this car and they will have a great, reliable vehicle.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's what one.
Speaker 4: We're hoping to have a great turnout.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're hoping to have a great turnout so we can do this every year. I think it's important because it's you know, for struggling families who need to get back and forth to work or pick the kids up from school.
Speaker 4: You know, it's important.
Speaker 5: So you guys are always stepping up, and I just I think it's I think the world review because I know that you and and Dale and everybody over at Donovan's is always interested in helping out. So the nominations are open until the fifteenth, so you got some time, you know, as you were talking there, Dane, I was thinking of like over on the west side, Brian Ibold's charitable organization to Help Squad. They run into people like that are in need all the time. So maybe Brian Ebold, you're out there in the audience, you know someone out there that maybe your organization has helped. You're an ideal person to make a nomination here at Donovanscares dot com. So if there's other organizations out there, you're on the front line. So feel free to participate and throw someone's name in the ring for maybe getting this wonderful automobile complimence at Donovan's. Yep, absolutely, Donald's Auto entire Center doing great jobs. I know you guys do great work in automobile repair, and so if you have that need, please feel free to get in and help them out and maybe we'll have you on next year to do it again. I guess suggesting that you would probably be willing to accept another vehicle by way of donation when you do it next to your Dane.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, there you go.
Speaker 5: Absolutely excellent. I look forward to hear.
Speaker 4: About the week that's what that's what we want to do.
Speaker 5: Amen. Public Voting August twentieth to the twenty seventh and the Winter announce August twenty ninth. Dane, great job. You always do a great job on the weekend program you're at. Your knowledge of automobile repairs is just mind blowing. It's just like you can't throw you a curveball, man, You've always got an answer or proposal for how to fix the cards. So tune into the program on the weekend stream at fifty five Karose dot com. God bless you and everybody at Donovan's. Dane, it's been great having you on today.
Speaker 4: All right, Hey, thank you so much. Really do appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Take care, my pleasure man eight forty six at fifty five kr SE Detok stations stick around a little bit to time.
Speaker 7: To talk coming up fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Well, you got a ton of