Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Insure your most prized possessions.
Speaker 2: And good afternoon, everybody. Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and with me today is Dave Silver. Running the board is Kobe. So should be a good show today. God, you guys didn't get into the transfer portal, thank you?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 4: Nobody mean yet yesterday?
Speaker 5: Did it?
Speaker 4: It just open?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But there's sor my options, you and everybody else.
Speaker 2: There's more than no puddy a thousand. Do you know what, Kobe? What's the number?
Speaker 6: Fair out?
Speaker 7: What the number was?
Speaker 2: It was like five hundred in the matter of minutes yesterday, so I'm sure the minutes of God, and there's probably double that now. Yeah, a few of the Arizona women's team.
Speaker 4: Is there anybody left? I close the door if you do. There's a draft. It's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: But you know, like I said, the portal open yesterday and the women and some of the guys, not the man in Arizona of course, but the women have made their decisions and we'll see what the idea does with how she reacts, she going to try to get some of them back.
Speaker 4: I'm sure so you'll try or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, man, I know every school goes through this because of the situation and money and comfort. You know, back in the day for us when we cover the team, David and you know this, ye maybe one didn't come back at Christmas time and they were gone, and lou was okay with that. But at the end of the season, maybe one was gone because they didn't see playing time at least. When I covered the team back in the day and I was writing the books, many of them said to me, you know.
Speaker 4: I was kind of immature.
Speaker 2: I should have stayed because I went somewhere else and it didn't pan out there either.
Speaker 4: Really, only a handful of them, did yeh think about it? Well, you give me, give me will buying them maybe well, you know once he.
Speaker 5: Left, Yeah, that's a good number. There were not too many of that. Ruben Douglas, I guess a little bit.
Speaker 4: Mexico.
Speaker 2: He went to New Mexico, but he didn't play professionally, you know, at that level. But you're right, he was like this, the nation's leading scorer. He wasn't going to do that here obviously with Gilbert around, and he saw the writing on the wall right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But it's interesting because the women players that left, most of them are really underclassmen and big time recruits. What's her name, Tsioga? Yeah, Jada Williams is extremely is a huge influencer in women's basketball too, So that's just a big Yeah. She's one of these people that's got like a million followers and things like that, so that's going to mean a lot. With her nil situation too, I'm sure maybe she's looking elsewhere where she can get more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good luck to them. I mean the kid from New Mexico, Dent. I don't know if you followed the Yeah, I saw that he went. He went, and he says he could come back. He's just trying to explore his options and see how much he could he can grab. I mean, and that's what it is now, it's somebody grabbed. Yeah. Are you a question?
Speaker 4: I asked?
Speaker 2: You thought I have best ear sports fan? Right of course, yes see, And I'm not. And it started. It started a while back because this is what I do for a living, and I don't really don't get tied to any teams or anybody anymore. And and here's one of the big reasons, the free agency stuff. Yeah, you know, if I like this guy back in the day, they didn't have that. You know, they stayed together until they didn't. Right now, it's like, this team goes here, this guy goes here, and they're not the same team. Where's my loyalty? Hell, I don't want to deal with this, So I'm not gonna I'm just gonna watch the game.
Speaker 5: It is hard to be a fan knowing you don't know what your team's gonna look like in three weeks, you know, basically could completely turn over.
Speaker 2: And to and to that point, Dave, I've been reading a lot on Facebook and Twitter.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're a UA fan.
Speaker 2: You're a UA women's basketball fan, right, You've got season tickets that are relatively inexpensive. You fell in love with this team, this program, and you buy buy the jerseys, You spend some money on the team, and you just bout a jersey.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much it costs. She's no longer on the team, Yeah, she's got I don't know how that worked. You know, what do you do?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think most fans are, at least in college basketball, I would think are fans of the school, maybe a little more than the players themselves.
Speaker 2: Right, So you're buying a jersey with just Arizona, You're not buying with somebody's name on it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've got like a Diamondbacks jersey. I don't know Jim back shirts without a number, so it's just the team. He kind of like those kinds of things. But you're right, I mean, there are gonna be some that are going to stick out, you know, but you know, the Curs and the Shawn Elliotts and people like that. You get those number jersey, it's gonna be something special but from the past. But if you've got a current player and you got, like, what's Jada William's number, I'm gonna go out.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what it is. Right, it's gone.
Speaker 2: She's gone, right, and you're gonna say, God, I'm glad I didn't get our jersey.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it was like last year there was a kid who maybe who's anybody who's listening to the kid who's on the football program, and I guess he stayed.
Speaker 4: He pitched his jersey and then he left does that you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. Yeah, so you know I'm staying. I guess he's staying, or said he's staying. Go buy my jersey, Go buy jersey, and then boom.
Speaker 4: He was pitching. He was actually pitching it, and I think, so, I think that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm talking to my butt, but you know that could be. But that's what was the case, you know, by on jersey and then I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the Walkout women's team has lost players over and over again in the last you know, four or five years since they were in the national championship game.
Speaker 4: It's just been kind of weird to see that happening.
Speaker 5: And you'd think it would go the opposite way and the players would want to come, want to stay right, have a chance again, and if they go.
Speaker 2: To you know, fairness Idea was on the show about this time last year, maybe in the summer. We had her on and she threw something that through Jay and I and through me for sure, well, this is we have no money, We have no money to get How am I going to compete with these big time schools when you have one hundred and fifty thousand dollars whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Guess what all these programs that are Arizona are below maybe even the ones a little above probably don't have money, true, sure, And so how are you going to compete with the LSU's and those guys. Well, they've had an established, this stablished road to what they where they.
Speaker 5: Go to, right, right, I mean that have people who've been giving to those programs before the nil days yea, the Yukon's of the world and usc even you know out west. But yeah, I mean there's a big disadvantage to the teams. I mean, like you know, like I said, the Wildcasts, we were nothing really until a couple of years ago, and then they get big and they have a great, you know, great little run there for a couple of years, and then you know, now that things have fallen off, it'll be interesting to see how they recover as a program.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: If she's going to stick around, if they're going to continue to get good players.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple I think to be fair too, is she going to stick around or are they going to want her to stick around? It's a marriage. We've both been married, right, It's like I'm gonna leave I'm gonna leave. Well, you know where the door is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: We've you know, every time I'm on here, we talk about, you know, the new regime that's in charge there. Yeah, and it's you know, it's not just the the athletic director.
Speaker 4: There's well, there's a new president to be a new president, and there's a money and there's a money situation.
Speaker 5: There's a money situation still at the U of A. And there's all kinds of new leadership inside that department and voices in Desiree's head. I'm sure just saying, you know, I don't know, maybe we can I know somebody at my school that I.
Speaker 4: Was just stay at before I don't know, or or the previous school before I went to the previous school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, that's just the way it works. It's a big network of coaches and they all know each other. And I'm sure the coaches themselves are wondering, like, WHOA, what's going on in Arizona? Is that someplace I would like to go? Now?
Speaker 2: Well, I know exactly if there's all this turmoil and you're saying, well, I'm not too sure if I want to send my resume there because what if I get caught up in that?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean even in our state, the coaches at NAU, Grand Canyon and a Issue have all left, you know, is there one more to go?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy. So it's a funny time. We'd time conflicting time. So we're gonna talk a lot about basketball today and in fact, we'll talk about it in a little sec. But we're gonna have Todd Holthouse, the women's basketball coach at Pima. Fantastic run. Yeah, second place. They're great season for them.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Continues to get better and they stay at this level for a while. We'll probably have Peabody on tomorrow. They finished third in their in their quest to a national title. You don't win that game and cost them, but it's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to believe after all those wins. You're just like, how can they lose something so close?
Speaker 2: I was on with Mike Morgan earlier and it just didn't shoot well that day. Sometimes you have a bad day, Yeah, but god, what were they thirty nine and hours thirty three? You know, thirty three and three? You know, So so we'll talk to talk to Todd and then we're going to talk to coach Allan ben Hallen from UCLA formerly of UCLA in Mississippi State, just to get his thoughts on this time of year. He was the last Western coach, if I can correctly think that, when he took Ucla to back to back final fours, right, just the pressure and getting there, uh, and how he handled it and how others maybe should handle it, and what he sayes about what's left and to your point, before we started the blue not the blue bloods, but the the echelon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, conferences have have certainly emerged, and then and then they're the story the tournament really right now is you know, the Big ten, the Big twelve, the big the SEC obviously has a bunch and and none of the little guys.
Speaker 4: I mean even Gonzaga is not here ANYMOREA lost to Houston, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so they were both going five in a row to sweet sixteen I think it was, yeah, and both of them were fighting to get that continued trend here, but only the one could go.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean at first the first days of the tournament was great for the Big twelve. I mean, just one team after another, I think it would be one team lost out of the first round exactly right, But it was a pretty good performance by the conference, Like gu Iwa State lost the other day badly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was surprised about that they got They got Mississippi beautyful Beer is a heck of a good coach. And then the Baylor bailer was kind of sputtering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Baylor was kind of but I mean, you know, there were five or six seeds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got it. Yeah, No, they did go to show you.
Speaker 5: We you know, we've always been talking about that, how the conference was setting these teams up and there's still a few left and you know, we'll see how.
Speaker 4: Things go weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We talked a little about that with Tommy today on our Zoom call before tomorrow's press conference. Uh, they had time for us today, so I'll probably have some stories on my website later tomorrow. We talked about that, and we had been discussing this. Uh wow, I think on the air, Dave about that ball, that crazy ball. You didn't notice until I brought it.
Speaker 5: Up, right, No, I had no clue and then you kind of started seeing it. Right, It's like what's going on?
Speaker 2: It is, like you said, Caleb be like, what's you doing and losing that ball like that? But everybody, it bounces just strangely. It bounces short, bounces long, just and I know everyone's gonna say, well, all the balls do, but these ones have more air in them.
Speaker 4: And you saw that story. I did see the story. You know, it's interesting because the ball is one thing.
Speaker 5: But like they used to always blame the court, like, oh, there's these dead spots like the Boston Garden or Maple's Pavilion, which always kind of crazy. But I wonder if if that's a combination too, of the ball being and you know, these are all modern courts.
Speaker 4: I would assume they're all the same.
Speaker 2: But the headline, and the one I sent you was what was the headline? Yeah, they admitted to it and playing the balls too much.
Speaker 4: Oh flate gate K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, lady story So Wilson and Wilson's not going to change it. But Tommy said, uh, because two years ago it was a big story. Yesterday last year he talked about, you know, how the balls were, and then I asked him today the balls are still He says, yeah, but that's true, but we've shot the ball very well, so I'm not gonna say anything.
Speaker 4: Did they come back to to soon or did they sit out on the.
Speaker 5: Road straight It went straight to to to New New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they traveled all day yesterday, a long day practicing today. They even looked tired on the zoom uh. And then was on there kJ Caleb and Tommy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I talked to kJ a couple of times, a couple of concussions, uh, saying that.
Speaker 4: Talked Tommy about him.
Speaker 2: Too, that he's played very well the last three weeks at least, I said, talking to the Naked Eye, my naked eye, he's played better. And Kenny says, well, everyone's trying to read too much into it, but he's softening it because it's true. He hadn't played really well most of the year.
Speaker 5: He's come on strong. I mean he hit another three pointers. Sometimes it was like, oh my god, what's he doing? Then he makes it exactly my point.
Speaker 4: It's a menace on defense.
Speaker 5: He has been, you know, very He's just you know, he's a different type of player that Arizona has not had, somebody, you know, all purpose player. And Tommy talked about that fills up the box score with all kinds of stuff. Tommy talked about that miss dunks twice technical foul on one player that was like maybe one of the most bizarre moments I've ever seen, right, miss is it?
Speaker 3: Miss is it?
Speaker 2: And Tommy brought that up in terms of him doing more things that you don't see on the box score. Yeah, because he's a good defender.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there'll be times where you know, there'd be a scramble for the ball and all of a sudden he's got and he's breaking out on I mean, there were things that you know, they're just you don't see that much from you of a players over the years, and he's he's definitely different.
Speaker 4: He's been you know.
Speaker 5: I think it's a difference maker. In the last game, Yeah, we'll play in that defense.
Speaker 2: I think we got about a minute left before, so we talk about more about that. I don't think we're gonna have the clips from Tommy. Maybe we do, maybe we don't. Maybe we ch home tomorrow, whatever, and we'll take some calls. We run out of calls. People last night were calling at this last hour and couldn't get in. So if you want to get in, get in now. After the toddhold house call, after this break here Okay, cool, So we'll take the break Kobe and then get ahold of talk.
Speaker 9: Discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 4: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 9: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise of Fasco Yaki? Try?
Speaker 10: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece.
Speaker 7: We can help you select the perfect.
Speaker 10: Wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your luck. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot Com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipments?
Speaker 11: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 4: Leading edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 12: On twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 13: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 13: Salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards, It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items. And Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 14: At Noble Home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltepeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh sixe eight five six two six today n MLS three oh eight seven Arizona b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity. Got to commitment to lyndrixon credit rates and available loan programs of subject to change with don't notice?
Speaker 4: Did you know?
Speaker 11: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards.
Speaker 4: And trading card games.
Speaker 11: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all.
Speaker 4: Check them out at Showtimecards dot.
Speaker 11: Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 13: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a wildcatfan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Baccall five to two oh seven four ro Oho SO twelve thirteen, broad sponsor.
Speaker 4: Of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 3: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 15: Why is mining so important. It's the foundation of everything that defines a society. Everything you see is a product of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely on the mineral's ephum process.
Speaker 4: That's why mining is so important. Gonny bechybm dot com.
Speaker 10: The Window Depot wants to help bring your dream kitchen to life. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices, the biggest inventory, and exceptional customer service you won't find at the big box stores. From premium cabinets to stunning courts and granite countertops, faucets, hardware, and sinks, our designers are here to guide homeowners every step of the way, all under one roof. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows Store.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Want to take part in the show? Call up Steve now went five to two oh four, one, six, seventy four forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to our on the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and today is Dave Silver and we got Kobe waiting for coach to give us a quick call in looking forward to that just the whore that run started, how it started?
Speaker 4: Because she just has excuse me, magic has to start somewhere, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were the sixth seed in that tournament and managed to get to the championship game and have a close game there, had a chance to win and unfortunately couldn't finish things up. But what a great year for them again twenty nine and six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and second place is no nothing to sneeze that round.
Speaker 5: Oh no, when you look at all the thousands of schools that play junior college basketball, it's it's great to be in that spot, right Yeah, Okay, So yeah, he's supposed to call us, so he's ready for us. Just keep our eye on the.
Speaker 4: On the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then we'll take some calls after Todd about three forty two, give us a call five two oh four to one, six seventy four forty. I know we left a couple of people holding at the end of yesterday's long show. Is a good show yesterday?
Speaker 4: Did you get a lot of calls yesterday? Yeah, we had a few.
Speaker 2: We had a few from the you know, the game and and uh, you know, one of the things that taught I Dave Kelly calling Dave Kelly. The biggest question yesterday and maybe you came up with it too, was about a while and why he was out to the last few minutes and.
Speaker 4: He didn't go there. He says, we won the game.
Speaker 2: It's the strategies, you know, don't need to be explained, and we moved on from it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I in fact, I even heard you guys talking about it yesterday too, and we're sitting there watching it. I maybe he got kind of knocked in the stomach or whatever in section. I don't know if that was like why he was out, but he was out for like six or seven minutes, and it was critical, critical time. I mean they managed to hang on, of course, but there was there was some question after the game as to what that status was. And now looking back to the Duke game when they were here, didn't he also come out early?
Speaker 4: I don't think he played.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I can't remember because Crebas was in the game that day. Yeah, and Henry was not that much. This is a totally different game. And I asked Tommy about that. This is not your It was on a team from December.
Speaker 5: No, for sure, you know, and Henry was was not a nonfactor if I'm not mistaken that game, And he wasn't much of a factor the other day either.
Speaker 4: But they're gonna need him to do something right right.
Speaker 2: No, and Duke is one of the taller teams left in the in the tournament. Yeah, they're not just flank Although he's fantastic, Yeah, of course, you know, I do you think he's fantastic, that's the word I used to he's again, he's a guy that fills up, that fills up the box score. He does all kinds of things. He doesn't always have to score.
Speaker 5: He was injured for, you know, the knee injury that of course, it didn't matter to those guys at that point.
Speaker 4: You mean any ankle injury. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's you know, first team All American most likely the number one pick. So I got to take it for what I think, this could be his last game, could be fans could be.
Speaker 2: If you remember, Arizona has done that to a team or two, you know, ninety seven, ninety seven I think it was, Yeah, coach from North Carolina, Dean Roy Williams.
Speaker 4: No, Dean Smith.
Speaker 5: Well, that was his final final game. It was his final game. Arizona had knocked him off in the semi finals. But I mean, this is so you hate to start comparing him. This is somewhat of a similar situation. Here we go with the number one seed every year, sixty day for the last twenty eight years. There we go, we're a four seed. We're gonna knock off every team.
Speaker 2: But just because it's hope, right, because you hope, we've seen it before. But let me tell you, I'm gonna probably start a story like that next day or so. Because Arizona was an underdog to Kansas by seven. I think it was, if memory serves, and that was fair. That was that was the best team, the one loss all season, the best team in the country. And then you're thinking, and Michael Dickerson, we're underdog, you know, and lud Olson also said same thing. Yeah, like we're the underdog, you know, like Dickerson didn't give a crap. Well, you know, he just wanted to play basketball. I mean, Lout, I think maybe you were.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you were in there, but I'm pretty sure his answer was something like, you know, we're the underdog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean really, I mean, you know, well.
Speaker 2: That was his power play. That was his you know, because he didn't do it often. He didn't mess with the the the uh bulletin board material stuff until till he knew when to use it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean this is again, this is somewhat similar.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're the number they're the number one team in the country, the number one seed in the in the East, and Arizona's coming in you know, fourth, that got all these kind of you know, a bunch of players. They are probably gonna play in the pros or at least somewhere professionally. So it's somewhat of a similar situation. Yeah, yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: I don't agree.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's always a stretch because everybody goes there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's looking ten years and see what one where these guys wind up doing Yeah, yeah, right right, Well that team was so so good. Yeah yeah. And one of them just got a new job.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was oh him, and well and and well that's the next generation of Wildcat's got a new job too.
Speaker 2: But who's that Josh? Oh yeah, Josh, yeah, and he's on the show. You've been on the show with me with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he spent out. We texted this morning and uh and Bibby I talked talked to him last night. So what is he excited about this going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he he was pretty much living in Sacramentos now because he was played by He was one of the color guys that he was like the he was like the give me the.
Speaker 5: Sons guys, like the Tom Chambers and he was that guy in Sacramento and.
Speaker 4: He, Uh, were you on the show with me with him a while back? I was, And I said, you know, what's are you going to coaches? Or why? Why you just do this?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a good job, Steve, I'm going to coach. It was like, shut up, Steve, I'm going to coach. Wow, because I want to coach. That's a tough place to break into.
Speaker 4: But he has plans because you know, if you do really well right away, you can jump ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you look to the Bay Area, you're right there. If something happened with one of those schools. Speaking of which, how about Stanford today getting rid of the football coach with Andrew Luck making them you know, he's their GM now, the former quarterback there and NFL quarterback. Yeah, I guess there are a lot kinds of problems behind the scenes right on top of them not playing well.
Speaker 2: Sure you know what he did at any other school, because I'm sure it happens at any of the school they wouldn't do anything. They'd kind of like, you know, but you're at Stanford, and I'm sure that the admin's and the professors are said, this is not Stanford, like right, we were an academic institution. We don't need this crap going on. I'm sure they use a better word to crap. Yeah, because they can, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I mean that was stunning.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, it's again, it's a school with a lot of prestige and history and this and that, and the coach was a former cal quarterback, right, yeah, Taylor, So there was always a little bit of that but not that that really has anything to do with it. But when they're talking about bullying and you know, taunting the players and.
Speaker 2: The misogyny, probably because well, and here's another one, he went three and nine two consecutive.
Speaker 5: Yeers, if he went nine and three two years, you think it would happen. Nobody would talk about it. He would still be there. But you know, that's just the way of the world. And you know, you gotta be careful and you've got a uh, you know, an institution with a great reputation and football is probably not too important there based on everything else is going on.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm sure it will be, will be when they hire the next guy. True. Who that could be is anybody's guest, right, I mean this whole you know, being in the A c C.
Speaker 5: It just, you know, it just seems so discombobulated for both cal and Stanford. I don't know if they'll ever get there get their footing in this.
Speaker 4: Well here's the funny part.
Speaker 2: And h when we're talking to Tommy and these guys today, they went from Seattle to to Newark. You know, not the end of the world, but it's a heck of a flight. California Stanford, cal the USC These teams going across country for games, and you travel, I traveled.
Speaker 4: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's a three hour time difference this time of year too, so you probably lose. You leave Seattle at you know, eight in the morning, you get to New York at five. If it's a direct easy play, I mean you can fly NonStop to Newark. But still it's a long end. You know, it's going to take a day to adjust to the body situation. They what they're playing at nine thirty their time, so it's a long day on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bruce tried to get that from Tommy and Tommy's you know, no excuses type of guys. No, no, because it's they played late Sunday, the last game of the thing. Now they have to turn around and play one of the games on Thursdays. You know what these guys, you know what these kids do for a living. They played basketball. Yeah, and they'll the watch games all day.
Speaker 5: Other games are there's only a couple of games, you know, each day on Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 4: But still, right right, I'm sure they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it comes to that, we might have to move the whole House interviewed to the next segment here. If he doesn't call anytime, I've put an announcement out to see what's up. Yeah, so we'll see what happens with the guys press commerce tomorrow. We had to win them with them today, a couple of guys. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Do you know what time that is? And can you watch that yourself?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: Now they stream to the media just because we get special links and all that stuff. I haven't gotten anything yet, so I'll find out tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Back in the old days, they used to throw them up on a satellite you know. Yeah, we'll call the TV station where is it. Nobody'd give them the coordinates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they still do that. Maybe you were supposed to.
Speaker 5: Do they probably should have, but you know, I think it says for media only. Yeah, there used to be some pretty good shows. And I don't even know. I honestly don't know. If you're sitting around like I do now at home. Some days, you know, like tomorrow, for example, they would just have like all day, maybe like an espn uh, one.
Speaker 4: Of those kinds of chances.
Speaker 5: Used to do that, which is one after another after another, so it was kind of a good chance to see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure if.
Speaker 2: There's any program that you must have no time on your house, because what are you gonna do. I'm gonna watch the press conference, Mildred.
Speaker 4: Give me, give me a cup of tea, and change the channel.
Speaker 5: I make sure that they're gone, so I just I just have my you know, quiet time. Hey, we're watching the Duke news conference.
Speaker 4: What are you looking for? What do you what are you looking for?
Speaker 2: You should be retired and not caring, It's true. And I drag you in here because.
Speaker 5: That's that's kind of where where I was for all those years looking forward to them. I mean always, we always, you know, we had to get there today.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had to be there the day before do some kind of preview stories, and then the next day I had full Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guarantee you this was. You're going, what's uh, today's Tuesday games stores day tonight. You get in about six o'clock, Go get a man on the street, see somebody in the red red un fans here? Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And again like Seattle, it's going to be somewhat simpler. I mean, obviously it's not closer to Tucson, but tons of alumni in the New York area and the East coast. I mean, the Philly fans will come up in d C. It's not too far.
Speaker 4: Who imagined who has that control that area controlled. Though Douke has a lot of fans, we have many more alumni in general.
Speaker 5: I mean, they have a lot of fans. But you know, in terms of university size, I mean, Arizona's probably sure times as many students sure out in New York and stuff. Was that one of your areas It was not, but Washington, d C. Was And they, you know, they were one of the would jump on any chance to see an Arizona came on the East coast. So it was in Florida. If it was in New York, they you know, people would be going. So yeah, I guarantee you you'll start sing hearing you.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn Seattle, You didn't Seattle. I was a little bit surprised because it was a long trip. But but like we say, they don't travel well, but they have a lot of alumps in those areas.
Speaker 5: Long trip and Washington State is, I think wrong among the top alumni bases in the country.
Speaker 4: It really is. And the Bay area.
Speaker 2: Well, here's here's the here's a good example. We have Kobe here from New York, Henry's from New York. I have another intern from New York at my other job. I mean, what are you guys doing coming all the way up over there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hopefully they travel because there's more Duke fans in New York. But I'm sure Arizona will travel.
Speaker 4: And you come, but you come, you leave New York for the ninety five degrees that you're going to get today, right, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, Henry will be good because he's wearing his you know, his flip flops and his short Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I mean the Duke, the Duke fans are good, but they're kind of spoiled even.
Speaker 4: And I'm not going to go to the.
Speaker 5: First round because we're gonna go to the sweet sixteen. Those are the excuses they would tell us back in the day you left me.
Speaker 4: It kind of spoiled.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, we got the a SEC tournament, we're going to win that. We're not going on to the first or second weekend. We're going to go to sweet sixteen because we're going there, and they go all time.
Speaker 4: Well, here's your other thing.
Speaker 5: You talked about ninety seven, you might as well talk about twenty eleven Arizona.
Speaker 2: I was a underdog there. They came west, right, Duke came west and Arizona beat the crap out of it. But they also had a fantastic performance by one guy, well one guy and one shot that you know, a few shots obviously, and then the next next shot Yukon.
Speaker 4: Was it was the beast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were there, I mean it was. It was quite an amazing performance. I just remember I don't know where you were sitting, but I was kind of I was not.
Speaker 4: In my thirty two years of doing this. Uh yeah, I missed four. That was one of them. Why because I was?
Speaker 2: I was because I was. That was the first year like being out of the paper. I was working for somebody else, and uh I was couldn't go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we were sitting maybe five or six rows, right, Yeah, we weren't in like press row whatever. I don't know why we weren't, but you know, the TV guys sometimes got set out sign almost but I remember there were some people.
Speaker 4: Behind me that knew.
Speaker 5: I can't remember if it was Jack Murphy or Josh or somebody was coaching and as this thing was just exploding in the first half, and Derek Williams is going nuts. You know. They would look back if their friends in the stands like they couldn't even believe it. The guys on the bench were like shocked if they were doing this to Duke. It was just it was a weird feeling and.
Speaker 2: Then unrivaled on them quickly. Yeah, well, I guess in the second half. Yeah, but I mean they were, you know, they just I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there were some pretty you know, outrageous runs of points that there was, and I was I was throwing up there. But again, the coaching staff, I think was just as shocked as as anybody else. Coach k you know, it was like whoah, the game down, take a time out.
Speaker 2: And in reality, that moment and the one against Wisconsin were Shawn's two best chances of getting to the Final four, you know after that, because they lost the Yukon and then they lost to wist coll Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Sean Miller landing on his feet in Texas pretty pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: This is the world that we live in in it because uh, just was it seven years ago?
Speaker 2: Seven years ago all the thing broke eight years ago, five years ago, four years ago, he was fired and.
Speaker 4: Now he's going to make a boatload of money, probably.
Speaker 5: Probably the richest, one of the richest programs in the country. Yeah, he's buddies with crys deal CONTI I guess they know. Well, Chris wasn't here. Wasn't he that I thought I read something. I didn't think that was true because the.
Speaker 2: Gym hired Sean. By that time, Delcanti has already gone. He had left a rice. I think, if my memory serves, I don't think that Chris was here.
Speaker 4: What did you read?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I thought I thought I read something that he was with some overlap. Maybe he was here at the very beginning and then he left once Miller was hired.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I look and see all the time. Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think the Arizona connection. Yeah, you know, oh, we gotta go, we gotta go. Okay, so maybe we'll go here here from Todd on the on the other side, Thanks sir an Arizona.
Speaker 4: Men's basketball fan.
Speaker 2: You know it's been successful for nearly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach, Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 16: Hey, Wildcat Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team.
Speaker 4: Over at Arizona Health Insiders.
Speaker 16: I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nation wide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for lesson two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the Exchange and you want real health insurance, called Arizona Health Insiders four AH three five five one four four four four ah three five five one four four.
Speaker 13: Four what's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash someday, Hey Tuson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roofed, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save.
Speaker 2: Call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course to feel better and look better it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment On twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 17: Craving, Tucson's Best Burger, The Fourth Avenue Legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years, and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary, summer Bash and year end celebration, So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 18: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more. Let's peace means more money in your pocket, less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Lessons More Philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the Tucson Spectrum Pyramid Federal Credit Union where less is more federally insured by NCUA an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera, he's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports station, Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Mine on the ball here on Fox Sports Fortune and fifty. We're still waiting for Ben and Ben moorning for Odd Todd Whole House will have Ben Hallan on the other side of the break at four seventeen, So we'll see if he calls or not to talk about the great run by Pema.
Speaker 5: If not, we'll get him tomorrow. No, Biggie ye, been a pretty good time time in the season for the both. You know, the basketball teams at PENA and UH overall their sports are doing quite well. Topt ball, baseball, things like soccer. Soccer is always good. So it's kind of the glory years for PEMA.
Speaker 4: So let me.
Speaker 5: I posed this question to to the guys yesterday, Who's gonna win a chawiship first?
Speaker 4: Tommy Lloyd, Sean Miller.
Speaker 5: Sean Miler going to Texas. I don't know he's gonna He's gonna get some players.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, because some players, He's not gonna be the top dog in the SEC.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, that's gonna be He's Texas got in the tournament, but they certainly weren't near the top of the.
Speaker 4: Of the conference. I've said this all go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I was gonna just say technically, I mean, really, when's the last time Texas was really good in basketball?
Speaker 4: Kevin Durant, J Drant and the kid that the guard t J t j oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 2: And I remember Blut played there all the time. I love going to Austin. They came here, Uh, Tom Penders and then Barnes Rick Barnes, Barnes.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I used to love going there with the team.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And good, I mean, come on, do you t and then del Conte spending their money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they've got so much money and so much you know, so much cash for the n I L I'm sure you know.
Speaker 4: I'm sureing Sean is a great recruiter. We all know that and you know it.
Speaker 5: So whether or not he can get these guys to get past the Elite eight, I guess, And I'm sure it's a huge personal goal for him as a coach. He's had, you know, great success and you know, random the issues of course near the end of his time here, but I think that he would love to just kind of use this now as the next step in his career where yeah, super successful.
Speaker 2: We've got to call now, Hello, you're on the air. I'm hey, you're on the who's this this coach? O?
Speaker 4: Brian? Hey, hold on, we might have to you jump jump off if Todd calls.
Speaker 6: Okay, just calling and saying that no matter how yu A does on Thursday. It's kind of strange what one year difference will make. If we get beat by Duke, people are going to say, wow, we got to the sweet sixteen. That's great. Last year we do this, we get beat and they went they want Tommy They's head, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you don't you know, you know, the fans here in this town, Clemson. Who's Clemson exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's said, and you know, no matter what you guys are talking about the transfer portal with the girls, and it's going to be just as bad with the guys. You know, we don't know how many these guys are gonna stay whatever. You know, it's like play a new team next year anyway. So right, people just got to get used to It's just the way it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So, Brian, I know we're gonna want too good to both you guys, because you have to deal with money. Brian, I don't know how much you make. I'm sure it's not more than a hundre two hundred three hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: But so if you get calls from tired.
Speaker 4: And I'm just tired, I'm just tired.
Speaker 2: But am I getting calls and they want money for me to give to a kid in the nil And I'm not the guy to ask, right, But and he's making eight one hundred thousand to meet that doesn't see why?
Speaker 6: No, you know, no, to me, it's like, why should I give money to a guy who's gonna make more money than me?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, it just doesn't you know. I mean, if I was a multi millionaire or a billionaire whatever, probably just no, no big deal, just to drop in the bucket, you know, fifty thousand dollars. But you know, and this town doesn't have those kind of rich people. So it's going to be very very difficult, you know, for us to compete with basically everybody else, you know, And I'm really surprised that ASU does not have a better NIL set up, especially with what goes on with all the corporations that they haven't feeding.
Speaker 5: It's true, I've I've always felt the same way that they're just kind of a sleeping giant that they've never been able to put together any kind of sustainable run of basketball success.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what the deal is.
Speaker 5: If they can, you know, get some of the corporate corporations to pony up more money, maybe it'll happen.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the one thing. What's his name, the issue? What's his name?
Speaker 2: The best player ever? James Harden, James Harden. So he gave a lot of money to the NIL. I guess that's what I read. So that's what Arizona needs. It needs some of the guys who are making some money or made some money to dump some into this program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think I'm going to see that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I mean there's a lot of money out there, there's a lot of from alumni athletes. There's a lot of money. But whether or not they want to give them money is a different thing, right.
Speaker 4: No, I just read a story, not too long ago. That's what they don't do.
Speaker 2: They don't they come here, use the system and get and get paid a lot and then don't give back.
Speaker 5: Right, A lot of them give back in the towns where they wind up going too as well. So they'll go to you know, go play basketball in the Bay Area, or go play basketball in Los Angeles. Maybe they have to set up a foundation in those cities. I mean, there there's ways that they're giving back. I'm assuming that they don't want to keep every every set that they earn. But you're right, I mean, sometimes you're university. Maybe maybe they didn't have a good experience here. There was something happened here that's just you know, made them angry.
Speaker 6: They don't want that, and especially now there there's no there is no loyalty to schools anymore.
Speaker 16: I don't care.
Speaker 6: You know, you might as well forget about. Anybody needs appilead to play here and for a year or two and then they're gone.
Speaker 4: They're not going to give anything back to the Uba.
Speaker 6: They don't really care.
Speaker 4: Well, they got what they want it.
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly ready. And let's remember that loots guys are already done. They're done, right and now it's it's Shawn's guys who aren't very many in the league. You know, there aren't very many.
Speaker 4: No, so here we go.
Speaker 6: It's hard to tell, but I just you know, it's just hey going down and tell the viewers. You want to have a good time, go out and watch the U A Baseball team.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brian, we got to go another wat. Okay, thank you. Hello, you're on the air. Nine on the ball. Who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey, Steven Sward.
Speaker 4: Howard Howard, Hey, we might have to jump off you off the phone.
Speaker 8: Right, I know, I know, I'll go really have three insightful points.
Speaker 18: Go.
Speaker 8: First of all, if it's nine and a half points, I'll take the nine and a half points with them. Second nil thing. I like it for the Charles. I have no problems with it, especially when it comes to the men because I'm so advocate of because these players are not ready, Charles. They need to stay at least two years. And if Dan and I'll keep some of these guys, marginal guys in, then that's good to stay in.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you have another point, you have your third point, Well, I.
Speaker 8: Forgot what the I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 6: The third point is only I guess I.
Speaker 4: Think about it, right, Howard? Thank you man. It's the text, all right. Well, yeah, that's always been the argument around here for years.
Speaker 5: They would just stick around for another one more year, one more year, but then they get if they get drafted in the first.
Speaker 4: Round, well that's a Carter Bryan kind of do you know, what would you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, is he gonna be picked in.
Speaker 5: The top twenty or the top ten if he sticks around for one you know, how do they even know?
Speaker 2: He's uh, he's one of those conundrums, right, if he gets drafted in top fifteen next year, he could be in the top ten. But I'm sure he's gonna make some money here, right. Is it enough to just kind of write and is it all about the money? I mean it comes from a good family, and how much I don't know. I've never been rich. My family's not rich. How how much money do you need? Yeah, I mean it's just you know, a lot of it's just your ego too. It's like, hey, my buddy's going to the Pros. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go play. My family's telling me I should go.
Speaker 5: So you know, I'm sure he's getting influenced by a lot of different people, and that's just how it works.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure you know some of these with a reportal.
Speaker 5: Open officially, there's gonna be some roster moves during the during the tournament. Richard Patino from New Mexico, I saw him Quota say, and this is ridiculous that this is happening so right in the middle of the biggest you know, weekends of the year.
Speaker 2: Right, So I guess he was trying to call him. It was busy because of that situation. We're gonna see if I can get him at four so you won't have to worry about.
Speaker 4: Breaking news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we'll get him and then try to get Ben at four seventeen, so we'll see if we can get him. We got about I don't want to call him, have him called now, because we only get like five six minutes, all right, So anybody else want to call you can fill in the blank for us for the next five to six minutes. So Howard, if you came up with your one point instead of a two pointer and give us a three pointer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think it's just you know, we obviously this is a great time of year. The coaching. But there's all kinds of shuffling.
Speaker 5: We've got, you know, two Arizona form Arizona players getting the head coaching job, or a former Arizona people, Sean Miller and Mike Bibbie. You know, the coaching moves, the nil moves, the transfer moves. It's just and on top of the fact that there's basketball is still to be played here this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I were one of them, I would be frustrated too, because the timing of it is horrible. All these guys coming back, well, there was one from who left Kentucky? Was it somebody somebody left during the tournament and didn't come back. He's just not coming back. It was a tournament team they're still playing. It might be Kentucky one of the players. Yeah, one of the players you said I'm not going did He didn't make any trips in the last two or three weeks, so oh, it was up pipp pippen Son. I don't know what what team he's with, but I saw that last night, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there's gonna be teams that are to show up on the on the benches and hey, wait a.
Speaker 4: Second, the guy left Scout apart me, he's not there. Yeah, he's already got He's already in the transfit. He's literally in the portal and now he's gone.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we might want to google see him once your Google see the transfer portal numbers, because I would a venture to guess over under right now is about a thousand uh from yesterday to today and.
Speaker 2: How many actually get get picked? You know, people don't talk about that one. And to the education, well, if you don't get picked, you don't go back to school.
Speaker 4: Probably not that's college. Yeah, to see how things are going about, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: There's sure we have. Did we talk about the juju uh injury? That was very that was very sad. She's, you know, kind of one of the faces of women's college BASKETBA. She goes down last night out for the year. That was her knee she had. She was so good last year and I kind of I don't know about you, but I I you know, I watched it a little bit during the regular season, but you know, once a tournament hits, you're just watching you know, specific players or teams and usc top seed in the in the in the tournament, and she goes down. So that's that's sad. You wonder how long she'll really. She could be out all next year these injuries.
Speaker 2: She was forever and she was set to break getting clarks all time scoring and she just did that last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. What's her name page from Yukon?
Speaker 5: Didn't she also have a similar knee injury and it did take her a bit to kind of regain her form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that kind of doesn't give us that Becker Juju a matchup that was gonna maybe happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be I'm curious to see how things work out, you know, TV wise with the ratings last year, Remember the women beat the men with ratings for the championship games, right, But I don't I'm not sure if that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd lose one of the star players, right or attractions? Probably not, Probably not Let's And it's not Yukon again, right, so it could be Houston.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're not too appealing, but they are, Yeah, men's who else is appeal to yu kind of? I mean, Duke of course is kind of still appealing as an appeal. I'm sure that Thursday night's game is going to be well watched. Yeah, well that's what they put it on. Well they put it on at least West Coast prime time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the numbers will be they'll be, you know, about the same. Probably ten eleven million is usually kind of what the championship game draws. And last year that I think the women were my over over the men.
Speaker 5: So's how it's gone, especially with Caitlyn Clark. She was, you know, obviously marquee player. People wanted to watch her. She chanced to transform the women's game. Yeah, so I'm not too sure if you're going to get a call. It's already fifty three. Probably have three minutes there, yeah, two minutes, two minutes, okay, so we'll either take a call or not take a call.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really matter. They have to be really quick if you do call.
Speaker 2: Anything else you see out there, because we're not sure if we get Todd, we're not going to have any breaking news.
Speaker 5: So anything out there dating me see that, you're I'm just looking around. The juju injuries still making big news. Jeordan Montgomery, pitcher for the Diamondbacks, and they they spent a fortune on a couple of years ago. It was hurt good last year, got hurt, gonna have Tommy Tommy John.
Speaker 4: So that's the end of that.
Speaker 5: Their season starts this week Major League Baseball tipping off or what the first pitch? Yeah, well they had the games last week in Japan, but the real games begin this Week's right season Dodgers of course, and the Mets were the Mets right behind your Mets, yeah with one Soto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of the usual suspects in baseball.
Speaker 7: I think the Braves are up there, if they can say fully healthy.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you're a baseball game. Yeah you follow that because you're in New York. Yeah, well my team is good, I follow it. So I'm following the Mets this season. Yeah, your team or the Yank Mets. Oh well, you've had a tough time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's turning around now finally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they were supposed to be pretty good a couple of years ago, right, yeah, and then just didn't work out.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they were good last year, they got well the year, but was it the year? But was because they were bad and then a terrible and they were great that.
Speaker 7: They were supposed to be good and they were bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. Chemistry, baby, Yeah, gotta have it gotta have it. I mean they were.
Speaker 5: I mean I was in New York actually myself in May and they were ten games below five hundred. Back then to that game, I went to a game, you know, they played the Phillies, and the Philly beat him, and they were obviously the.
Speaker 4: Better team that day. But uh, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I forget what the exact run, but it was something like they went like sixty and thirty, you know, to finish up the season.
Speaker 4: They just went nuts the last couple of months. Well they want to win, right, They're putting money into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Steve Cohen is unlimited money, so yeah, must be nice.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, you know what that means that, Yeah, well he's a U Bake guy, isn't he? Who's the Jets?
Speaker 5: The Jets guy's the Ubakery Johnson. Yeah, no, Steve. I think Steve is a big donor to Michigan as well. Okay, I mean there's buildings named that's what you need, you the Ardie Morenos to come back.
Speaker 4: You need the know him. No, no, you think I'd be doing this.
Speaker 5: Was a sponsor already needs to Yeah, he can least sponsor the show. I would have gone to New York, New Jersey plane. Yeah right, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: We gotta go, hold that covers trouble right, We'll come back and see what we do at four o'clock