Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to de Pictures Media Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Policy and Writes, Show Up, Welcoming Policy, Human Joy. This is Policy and Rights with your hosts Kelly Reaver or known as DJ Ray If you're counting on me on gums and maples. Anyways, Yeah, so I'm going to talk to you about the future of Australia. Adam Stokes, one of the interviewers, sat down with Senator General Rennick about the future of the with well mostly Australian politics and the economy from his point of view, the policies of inflation, central banking, national sovereignty, etc. So they go on to continuing on issues like labor and liberal liberal and labor through their debate stages from the elections. Who's in charge in Australia? Have you ever been threatened? Where the politicians judges exempt from taking the vaccine and talk about a lot of vaccine situations, How Australians feel so poor, Where is Australian text, money is going, et cetera. Those kind of issues. So right now it's about well, the clip's about thirty four minutes and fourteen seconds on the clip. If you want to have any comments or questions about either myself or with Michael Clogg's Depictions Media. You can go online wo wo wo dot Depictions d E P I, C T I O N S dot Media and follow the links there to get a contact to Otherwise, his email address is Michael at Ribbon's Marketing and Networking dot com or his Depictions Media Michael at Depictionsmedia dot com. Anyways, I'm going to go over to now the clip of the Senator Jerald Rennick on Australia's future and their beliefs on it, mostly again on Australian politics and Australian economy. You can always email me sent to DJ that's my old email. Sorry, Gums and met Poles at gmail dot com for you know, for music that I do for Gums of Meat, Poles Radio or on Depictions Media. Thank you very much, and of course here's the clip, and I will talk to again soon. Have a great day and we'll again. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 3: This morning I had the unique opportunity to speak with Senator Jared Rennick to get his insight on the Australian economy and political landscape. Note I neither paid for this interview nor was given any money to conduct it. I simply reached out to many Australian leaders to give them the opportunity to speak my platform beyond what labor and liberal get on the mainstream media. Note also, this is neither an endorsement nor disendorsement for the Senator, but rather just an opportunity for us to hear what he has to say and provides you insights therefore options when it comes time to vote. To all Australian political leaders, irrespective of what side of the aisle you sit on, you are always welcome on this channel, so you can speak freely and Australia can hear what you have to say. Whilst on this channel we're typically accustomed to interviews going for several hours. We have to respect that the Senator is an immensely busy man. Therefore, I'm very grateful for the time that he gave me. This is my interview with the good Senator, Senator Rennick. Thank you for joining me this morning.
Speaker 1: It's good to be here. Thanks for having me on Adam Senator.
Speaker 3: Last week there was a televised debate between Dunton and Albanesi. I felt that it implied that Australia was a republic with only two choices about being label or liberal. If this isn't the case, why don't we see other parties on the debate stage.
Speaker 4: That's a very good question, Adam, and it's something that needs to be addressed. As we've just speaking of camera before, the primary vote of the two major parties is slipping. But at the same time, the media refused to look at alternative options. Now, you know, I'll admit that the minor parties have a lot of work to do in terms of improving their professionalism and becoming more aerodyite and polished. We need to become that and that's one of the things people first wants to do. But at the same time, people are looking for alternatives, and I think it's up to the mainstream media to provide those alternatives. And I'll give you another good example. Just last night Sky News, Paul mara on Sky News had Bob Catter, Pauline Hanson, and Matt Cannaban on and was calling them the renegades. And yet that's true, but two of those candidates, Pauline and Matt canaban weren't even running, you know. And yet again it's sort of like we're Whiting. You have Senate candidates from Queensland who were running. But you know, this is the sad fact. Even Sky that used to start off as sort of so called being an alternative of the mainstream media, they're not at all. They're just part of the establishment as well. And you know, when you've got people struggling with the cost of being and having many people have suffered through government neglect, whether it's through bank loans. You know, they've lost money from banks and then the government hasn't held the bank accountable, whether it's the vaccine injury issues, farmers having their farm land, or their neighbors put up a dirty, big stinking wind turbine next to them. People are tired of being stood on by the establishment. And that's one of the things we want to do people first is protect the individual, and we're bringing in word protection isn't back.
Speaker 1: It's not a dirty word.
Speaker 4: We do want to protect the individual, their families, our culture, and our country and your capital. By the way, you can be a protectionist and a capitalist, because we want to protect people's capital and that means keeping it out of the hands of the establishment. So look, yeah, it's annoying how the mainstream media're only focused on the two major leaders because that neither of them have much to offer, and there are alternatives out there will be the miners, I think, do need to lift their game as well.
Speaker 3: So who's in charge? I'm not convinced we have political parties in charge. We can see that we have this interesting system that prime ministers can be fired overnight and there was a time we're waking up every morning to a different prime minister. So you have the parties kind of as a puppet masters at the bottom, the voters as a puppet masters perhaps at the top. Then you have the lobbyists and the media. Senator, who's in charge.
Speaker 4: Adam, That's easy. It's it's the people behind. So it's the institutions, right, and so the institutions are the bureaucracy. They are big corporations, they are big super funds and they are big media. Now the bureaucracy will they'll have an agenda. You know, before I got into Parliament, I used to think the bureaucracy was just a bunch of bumbling bureaucrats, you know, like we all make mistakes and they'd engage in a bit of ass covering, you know, which is a natural sort of human trait for people to do. But since I've been in there, I've realized a lot of these people now have adopted the narrative or an agenda that's against the Australian interests of the Australian people. And when I say agenda, a lot of it the agenda is purely self interest in the sense that they don't want to speak up because they'll lose their job, like I did with the Liberal Party. So obviously the first agenda is self interest when you but this is where the media and the big super funds, and when I say big super and big corporations are pretty much hand in hand. Now we have over three trillion dollars tied up in capital in non self managed super fund superinneration. So when you control that much capital, you do control industry. So an industry now is controlled by let's say between twenty five so about almost twenty industry funds and about ten big retail funds. None of their boards are elected, they're selected. So we have all this capital now that is controlled by people who were never, never held to account. And then of course there's big media, and since we've abolished across media ownership laws. Big media has been basically reduced to the ABC News Corp And Fairfax nine. I mean Channel seven and Channel ten have a little bit of influence, not much, so.
Speaker 1: There's three big players there.
Speaker 4: So it's an ogilarchy of as I said, for the big government bureaucrats, big corporations who in many respects now are controlled by Big Super and Big Media. Yet again, and big Media in many respects are actually controlled by Big Super as well now because these central eye wealth funds control have large stakes in the media corporations as well, so they're the ones in control. Look the executive. And here's the other thing too, the executive. We don't have true separation of powers in this country.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: What I mean by that for your listeners, if you don't know what I'm talking about, is we should have a judiciary an executive in a parliament. Our executive sits inside of parliament. Now we use the Westminster system. People say we use the Westminster system, and we do, but it's not entirely the same because in the UK they have six hundred and fifty members in their lower House.
Speaker 1: We have one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: So if you add just seventy six senators, you get two hundred and twenty six parliamentarians. Your governing party now that we seem to have smaller majorities and looks like we're going to have a minority government this time will be less than one hundred. Our ministers make up thirty, you know, and if you add your assistant ministers, maybe even up to close to forty people inside the party room who are part of the executive as well as the parliament. Now those forty people control the other fifty backbenches. And I saw it in my time in the Liberal Party that very few people today will get up and speak in the party room against what the ministers want because they know their careers will be damaged. So I would we need I mean, this is hypothetical, but it doesn't have to be. We need to get our ministers outside of parliament and do it to the United States doesn't have their executives, so your secretary of State, secretary of Trade or whatever, outside of the actual parliament itself, because they have way too much influence. And of course the executive the executive are the ministers. Most of these ministers come from safe seats to win a pre selection in a safe seat in one of the major parties, you have to be a party hack. In other words, you know you joined the party when you started university. You know you're sucked up throughout the young OLMP, young labor. So you spent your life sucking up to get into the ministry, and then by the time you're in the ministry you don't know how to say so. And very few of these people are subject matter experts. I mean, you look at the last two health ministers, Greg Hunt and Mark Butler, or even Jim Chalmers is an economist, did his poh down Paul Heating? I mean would he doesn't really know? You know, he would if I asked him what the way to average cost to capital is? To calculate way to average cost to capital? I doubt that he'd have a clue about what I was talking about. So, you know, economists aren't accountants. That's something that many of you listeners might be aware of. So ultimately it's this punch and duty show between the two major parties. But the real puppet masters are the ones behind the stage, and they're the big four that I just mentioned before, big media, big bureaucrats, big corporations, big Suber.
Speaker 3: You speak so differently to other politicians. For the record and the viewers out there, I'm not being paid for this. I'm not sponsored by anyone. I'm just an Australian seeking the truth. I've reached out to many politicians and so you were the only one who responded. So thank you. And this is an indication of how you are different to the other politicians. And my audience has been screaming to hear you speak more for the work that you're doing. Have you ever been threatened for being a Senator of the way that you speak.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've had a couple of death threats from people over the Ukraine issue. Yeah, my staff have had some threats. We've had some threats that way. And then i had threats from colleagues when I'm going to tell my vote over COVID that they were going to lose the election. I needed to put my head in and I was like, well, you know, people have been killed and injured, permanently injured and losing their jobs.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to walk past.
Speaker 4: I mean the climate change stuff right, well, you know the climate change is that's a tautology. Who was wet climate change?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: But that stuff isn't going to necessarily destroy someone's life in twenty four hours, whereas the vaccines did. And I was overwhelmed. Actually funny, I was overwhelmed enough to know that this wasn't just sort of one in a million injuries. This was very high rate of injury, and in my view, occurring to younger people who weren't going to necessarily have a bad injury from the flu itself. So yes, I've been threatened by my colleagues, not in a physical sense, but you know, with my pre selection and in the end I lost my pre selection because of what I did. But you know, I've got to live with my own conscience. And even though I'd like to get back in and serve for another six years, it would have killed me during another six years inside the Liberal Party living in the law. So I sort of if I don't get back in, at least I can sort of free my conscience of the self loathing, of not being true to myself and true of my values and serving Australian people and hence, while we call that party people first. But so, yeah, I've been threatened.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear that you were outspoken about the vaccine you've just mentioned it now. Is it true that judges and politicians were exempt from taking the vacs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, you can't technically, no one. I mean I think some state MPs. I think Victoria motive. I think a few state MP's were locked out of parliament, and maybe in a couple of other states. But yeah, no, And the reason for that. Ad Morrison tried that on myself, Creig Kelly, George Christensen, alexandik to name a few. We wouldn't have taken it and then they wouldn't have had the numbers on the floor. So technically I report to no one in the sense that even when I was in the Liberal Party, you know, you can defect. I mean, once you're in, you're in. I mean you're basically you can only get kicked out if you're a bankrupt or commit a crime. If I'm not saying, I think they're the two ones you can get kicked out for, so effectively, that's correct. I mean, I think the proper way to put it is is that it was in mandates when it plays on federal politicians and judges in the same way that it plays on everyone else.
Speaker 3: So I understand what you just said about that political questians, Yeah, why not the judges? Why were we forced to take the vacs? Noting also Australia signed up to the Numberg Treaty, which prohibited medical experiments or forcing medical procedures on humans. Yet countless Australians were forced to take a vax or lose their income. So why were judges exempt from it and not us?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the question you've got to ask Scott Morris. But yet again, so that's separation of powers, So politicians can't tell judges what to do. My understanding of it was I do know someone who was in the judiciary or sort of quasi judiciary, if you want to call it that, and I think you couldn't enter some of those buildings. There are a couple of legal buildings that a couple I do know, a couple of people in that industry that couldn't get to work, to work from home. But technically that's because of the separation of powers. So you can't tell a judge what to do. Politician can't tell a judge what to do for the obvious reason, and that every time that you wanted to sue a politician or the government, the politician tell the judge to say not guilty. Right, that's why it happened. I mean, the issue isn't that they've got exemptions. The issue is the double standards, because it's not we like I said, we couldn't tell the judges. What's not not that I was telling them what to do this this is obviously the ministry. But it was the double standards. It's the hypocrisy of the double standards. And that's what stemps There's one law for them and another for us. Even though I am one of them, I see myself as one of you.
Speaker 1: So that yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing. It's the double standards. I mean, it's like to define benefits scheme for retired bureaucrats. I mean it's like, you know, that's that's the liability of three hundred and forty billion dollars cost about ten billion dollars a year. David Anderson from the ABC has been paid seven over a million dollars for the last seven years around a million dollars for the last seven years. He's just retired as many as director of the ABC. His final salary is thirty seven per cent of his final income, which is four hundred hours knowledge a year until he dies. If he's fifty six now, it lives under thirty years till he's eighty six. That's twelve million bucks, despite the fact he's probably already a multi millionaire, given that he's been paid over a million bucks in the last seven years. So yet again, why isn't he means tested to get his pension? And I'm talking about the define benefit. I'm not talking about your contributions. That's a different thing where it's vested. I'm talking about the part where it's not vested and the tax payer has to stump up the difference. And the thing about that scheme is the wealth. The more you are paid throughout your working career, the more you get when you retire, when it should be the other way around. The whole idea of the pension is to help those people that had low incomes throughout their working career but kept working because there's always you know, the cost of aasets, the cost of living and all that stuff's a relative concept, right, There's always going to be people earning the bottom in the bottom, the lower fifty percent of wage journers, right, So the cost of everything is a function of purchasing power. So it's the bottom fifty percent that still worked for forty years. You know, I was just here late last night in the office and a cleaner came in eleven o'clock. You know, it should be paid pittance, But they're are cleaning rooms and things like that. And those people deserve our respect because they work hard. They work shift with a lot of these people's shift workers. And you know, they're only getting through a percent of a fifty income, whereas the wealthy people get to a percent of a high income. So the whole idea of this define benefit been percentage of your final incomes. Quite it's counterintuitive because really it's the other way around. It's the lower incomes that should be getting the high well not not necessarily a higher pension other people, but you want to pension that's acts as a safety net, but not as a hammock. And this defined benefits schemes are hammock. I mean, some of these people are just not they're getting paids outrageous.
Speaker 3: It's a good segue into our economy in Australia. We have an abundance of land and resources, ingenuity and the big demand on our products, yet equally We've never been so poor. That is, I've never earned so much money in my life and had so many assets, yet I've never felt so poor, and I see the same around me. What's going on.
Speaker 4: What's going on, quite simply, is the fact that we have allowed equity to become debt the biggest brain washing exercise. So we are familiar with how our children believe that the extra one hundred parts per million and one part per ten thousand CO two molecules in the atmosphere is heated up the degree by atmosphere by a degree one and a half degrees. Now, we were brainwashed in the eighties with the idea that you can't print money out of thin air. Now that's an oxymoronic statement. All money is printed out of thin air, and it's been printed out of thin air, but in the last four decades by the Japanese Central Bank, originally in the late eighties, and then green Span started to turn it on in the late nineties early two thousands, as did ThEC BE. So all central banks print money. They've been issuing bonds through quantitative easing for about well, if you start with the Japanese in the late eighties. For what's that three decades now, so that's a myth, and central banks have been doing it except for except for the RBA, for the one exception of COVID where they did print three hundred million dollars which was to pay people to stay at home and do nothing right, which was completely absurd. Now, if you know what a balance sheet looks like, you've got an asset on the right hand side of your balance sheet. On the right hand side, you've got this thing called capital, which is either debt or equity. Right, this is an arbitrary construct. Debt or equity is either it's either a mortgage it's a legal document mortgage or its title. We have title, so that equity title is equity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: We are a sovereign country with access to seven million square kilometers. Now, while it's foolish to print money and spend it ie print and spend which will increase demand, it is not foolish to let's call it issuing shares. So we all know that companies on the Stock Exchange issue shares. If BHP were to issue shares to build a new cold mine tomorrow, the nearly rules wouldn't be going. Well, you can't print shares out of thin air, can you right? Like that happens all the time on the stock market. As a country, we can issue new shares against assets that produce wealth or give us wealth.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So if you're going to issue credit out of thin air, which is what everyone does, it's an arbitrary construct. You need to be responsible and secure that credit against a debit right, not an expense on the balance at or a debit expense credit debt. You want a debit asset, credit equity right, and those assets that we have the assets. So if we're going to print money out of thin air, we match it with assets that come out of thin air. What are those assets? Rain, sunlight, soil and the minerals in those soils. How do we get wealth? We answer that question every time we sing the national anthem. It is wealth for toiled.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: If I go out to the farm and start digging a hole, I can basically with toil and with the dirt and the rain, I can build a dam. Then I can build irrigation, then I can grow crops. Right that comes from hard sweat. That is all stuff that comes out of thin air. So what we want to do at people first is we want to issue shares or the equivalent of infrastructure bond. So we're going to issue rue share and call it unsapped wealth. It is going to own an infrastructure bank owned by the people of Australia via the federal.
Speaker 1: Government and by the Parliament.
Speaker 4: It can only issue infrastructure bonds, which is the equivalent of shares for seven sovereign our sets dams, power stations, tunnels, rail ports, airports and telecommunications. And what happens is we'll issue a fifty a billion You know, if you build a dam for billion dollars today. I'm just going to go slightly off on attention to here. If we build a dam for billion dollars today and we borrow that money from offshore, which is what we do, that means the first billion dollars in wealth we create we have to repay offshore because we're using another country's printing press. We then have to play at least another billion dollars in interest, let's say twenty five years at four percent. We've just given up two billion dollars worth of capital of wealth because we don't understand capital management right. Capital management when you're dealing with a business is king okay, And we have to understand, we have equity over all these resources. So if we issue a bond to the Queensland State government to build a dam, for anyone, an issue a billion dollar bond, you just paid five million dollars a week to pay for concrete wages, you know, the d tens to build a dam whatever. So a lot of that money would be generating profits. A lot of that money be coming straight back to camera in the form of taxes anyway, right and employing people, and then you'd get payroll tax, you'd get GST et cetera, et cetera. So after say two years of dam construction, you'll end up with two billion dollars in work in progress.
Speaker 1: You convert that to an asset.
Speaker 4: But over the next fifty years that loan is repaid back to the federal government. The federal government collects interests from the Infrastructure Bank and that either it then goes into a development bank that then re lands the profits to councils, so the councils don't have to pay interest to private banks. So that way we lower rates and we are basically keeping the cost of finance in our own countries, so we are not paying other countries to use interest to use our own currency or to use someone else's currencies, and we're retaining the capital wealth, you know, the capital, the true wealth ie capital equity, capital that is generated when that's rainfalls from the sky every year. So if we drop a bull in a paddic with twenty cows and if he's any good as a bull, and we come back next year, we've got fifteen twenty carbs. That is wealth coming out of the sky every year. We just need to make sure that wealth is directed back to us and stays in our country, so it goes as dividends to our children and not as interest off shore.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Everything you're saying is perfectly logical. But where's the money going now? Who's making all the profits in Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, the banks make all the profits and it's becoming more and more concentrated right now. The other thing is a lot of it's going offshore. So the second part of this solution, in terms of big ticket items here in structural changes. We have to change our tax system. So we've got a thirty cent on short company tax rate. We've got an off short company tax rator between zero and fifteen cents in twenty and twenty two, fian made one point four billion dollars dollars in sales here. They shifted a billion dollars off shore to Island for royalties White Island and because file Advisor most of the factories that aren't even in Ireland. You know, if I engage a plumber here on in Queensland on Facebook, that Facebook ad goes over ease. That's ridiculous, right, like the money we paid Fiser Island to advertise on Facebook, for example. So the reason for that is Island has a withholding tax rate on royalties of ten percent. Right, they have a company, so we have a withholding tax rate paid to Island of ten percent, so that's money going off shore. And Island has a company tax rate at twelve and a half cents, So ten plus twelve and a half is twenty two and a half cents. That is less than thirty cents. So one of the big myths we've been told is that you can't have double taxation. That's a lie. What you can't have a nonstructured tax deals it's the cumulative rate of tax that matters. So you can go through four countries. When I work the Westfield when they shift money home, they would go through four countries to zero zero zero, and then there was a ten percent with holding tax on dividends paid back to Australia. We were taxing money coming back into Australia, but we let often let money go off shore for free. Right, So there's a couple of other sections the Act to goes off shore for free. So we need to lift the offshore that the rate of tax on offshore profits and bringing the onual rate of tax here. Now, I might offend so many viewers here because I know everyone in this country loves franking credits. But franking credits is killing us because what's happening is more and more people retire. They paid no income in their super funds. As I said before, super funds are getting bigger and bigger and bigger. They estimate super had about eight to nine trillion dollars in capital by twenty fifty. That means all that money that is paid to Canberra, like for thirty cents and a dollar, more and more of that is getting refunded back to people in retirement. Now, I think we should have a ten percent company tax rate. But he's the rub No franking credits and then people pay again on their marginal rate attax. Notwithstanding, we want to increase the tax tree threshold the forty fifty to sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The reason why we need to do that is but we then lift the withholding tax rate on profits paid off shore to twenty cents so that because currently it's between zero and fifteen now, so that we stop money going offshore. So you take that example with Fizer, when they shifted that billion dollars in profit offshore, we lost three hundred big dollars sorry, three hundred million dollars in company tax. Now amediately we've got one hundred million back with holding tax. We're worse off two hundred million dollars. Island's better off one hundred and twenty five million dollars, and Files is better off by seventy five million.
Speaker 1: Dollars, So a lot of money.
Speaker 4: So everyone jumps up and down about our gas and how we ripped off on gas. That is the tip of the iceberg. It is our entire economy where we are being ripped off. Like every multinational that either is Australian based or foreign multinational operating in this country is shifting enormous sums of wealth offshore.
Speaker 3: But of course if you stand up to that, or any politician stands up to it, you're facing billions of dollars of revenue and legal teams and marketing and centralized media to make you look like the bad guy. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll try and distort it. They will try and distort it, And it's pretty hard to argue. Like that argument that I just made about all that money going off shore Fiser Island, I don't see how you can argue with that, Like, if you're putting Australia first, it's just such, you know, it should just grind people's gears.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not the only one.
Speaker 4: There's another section of the Tax Act that gives an exemption to foreigners if they own less than ten percent of the shares a listed company here in Australia, they don't pay capital gains tax, Like what do we do? And the argument that goes, oh, but we've got to track foreign capital, that's complete lie saying for there's another section of the Act in one thirty six Act that says if big banks lend into Australia, they don't have to pay tax on the interest that they pay off. Sure, so you will me putting you know, put money in the bank and earn interest on that. We have to pay tax on that. Big banks, if they do it through yeah, they've got it's a public offic test. So they do have to issue it in a primary market. But if they hold those bonds from the primary sale, they don't pay withholding tax on that. So yet again you can't justify giving foreign banks tax break. So I would like to think that if we were to wake people up on these issues, and hence why I'm asking for people to vote for me, just ye, league, because not many people understand the Tax Act like I do, and we've got to close these tax loopholes. This is what we've got to do, is that we've got to get the word out there is how we've been shafted with our monetary system. As I've just explained before, So our monetary system, so people understand with our renewables, how we've shut down locally domestically sourced energy supplies and then replaced them with foreign renewables that are seventy percent aimed by foreigners. We've done that for our debt, our money, right, our capital. We're doing it with our taxation system, we're doing it with immigration. I was just talking to a hairdresser last night. If they know they can't get hairdressers, but I think the standard wage for a hair dress is about fifty five sixty thousand dollars, or at least the starting wage they import hairdressers. They've got to pay those hair dresses seventy five thousand at least. Yeah, yeah, that's yeah. So it's amazing all these little things that are out.
Speaker 3: There, everything that you've described here. My opaque is that perhaps the people won't understand because I found Australia is financially illiterate. That is, we're taught about many things at school, but we're not really taught what money is. Taught how to earn money, but not how to hold it and what it is. And by background, one of my degrees is in economics, and I've got to admit I actually didn't truly understand money until I really got into bitcoin and crypto, and I'm now seeing that there's this huge issue with of course inflation, and we're blamed for inflation. When I buy a cup of coffee, the government says it's my fault because I spent too much money. But the reality is inflation is the inflation of the money supply as opposed to me buying a cup of coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, Adam, there's another thing that's not just increasing demand, it's the lack of increase in supply. Well, so that's the thing about this Infrastructure Bank. It's one of the reasons why we're not building infrastructure is that because we have to borrow the money, so the bureaucrats will go. So, as I pointed out, before you buy cost a billion dollars to build, the cost of finance to build will be more than a billion dollars because it's a long term. It takes twenty five twenty years to get a damn construction. Some of these infrastructure projects have a very long lead time before they start being used. So the interest costs is huge and the cost of finance is killing the capacity of the government to build it. The Infrastructure Bank will increase the supply of goods and services, ie more power stations, more dams, better roads, faster roads you can travel. That will make it more efficient. If you build more power stations that supply more energy, you will push down the price of energy. So that's the other thing, and that's why this Infrastructure Bank.
Speaker 1: It's another way.
Speaker 4: So we've seen the brutal impacts of qualitative easing through just changing the price of money, which is a very blood instrument. We need to complement that with genuine, productive quantitative easing that increases supply in a productive manner, not in an irresponsible borrow and spend or print and spend, but in tap into that capital, tap into our natural recurring wealth that falls out of the sky every year, and then generate wealth that way, but secure it to our children.
Speaker 3: I'm cognis of your time. So I want to close off with this question that my community will hammer me if I don't ask it. In the States, we've seen the US government adoptor Bitcoin Strategic Reserve, the biggest fund managers on Earth have introduced Bitcoin ETFs nations is to choose and investors invest in bitcoin. The Australian government recognizes bitcoin by taxing it. Meanwhile, bitcoin has the ninth biggest market cap of any industry globally, bigger than any bank, car manufacturer or supply retailer. So in Australia we embrace the Internet of knowledge. Now that we have the Internet of value. Why aren't we adopting a bitcoin reserve in Australia, particularly when you're also consider with the amount of gas flittering in Australia, that's a lot of free energy that we can tap into and simply mind free money. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 4: My thoughts is is that I don't think the government should get involved in bitcoin. I think ultimately bitcoin is want government freedom from government, and I respect that if you want to have a monetary system outside the government control, that's fine, but you can't have it both ways. You can't want to operate outside the government and then also want the government to back something that's you mean, So you're free to back go hard on bitcoin and good luck to you. We as a government, our responsibility is very simple. Get out of people's personal lives, but protect but provide them the essential services that an individual can't build, like tunnels, ports, power stations. So my reserve would be an infrastructure reserve, a little bit like a wealth fund, but a wealth fund that delivers essential services. So we've got to own the ports, to power stations and those things where there's very inelastic choice. So you know, there's only one road between well, there's actually a couple of roads between Brisbane and Sydney.
Speaker 1: You could take the new.
Speaker 4: All Lord of the New England, but ultimately you have limited choice in the roads. And even if you wanted to build a road, you can't just build a road through everyone's private property between here and Sydney.
Speaker 1: For example, I'm in Brisbane if you listeners.
Speaker 4: So that's why we need to government is to provide essentral services. Is that deliver those services as efficiently as possible and do it in a manner that is going to stimulate production in the country but without destroying competition. So that's why I'm happy to back in monopolistic infrastructure where there's a lack of elasticity of choice whereby. And not only that, if you privatize infrastructure you then get obviously agency cost because those people that are running those big power stations or ports or whatever aren't going to better if a power station, if your energy prices go up, No one's going to go and protest out in front of Macquarie Bank. They're going to protest in the front of government. So our role is to provide essential services pretty much full stop. I mean obviously includes the fans of course, but in terms of the way the private market works, and I see bitcoin as a private market facility, then it's up to you guys to make it what you will. And if you want to adopt a set of rules or whatever within that market, that's fine. But that's when we like So I don't think government should, for example, become fruit wholesalers dealing fruit, become butchers or sell fruit, or engage you have become bricklayers or anything like that. It's purely those big monopolistic, inelastic competition type assets and generate profits from that to provide hospitals and schools.
Speaker 3: Don't we have gold though? Doesn't Australia have preserves of gold?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We do, yeah, and that is basically to back our currency if, for example, the current the whole point of gold. The reason why the RBA holds gold, central banks hold gold is if there's the doll if the paper market collapses, and that is that is because gold will be accepted by any other country if if and so technically we don't technically need to hold gold, but by holding gold it gives our paper some value because gold will be internationally recognized. And even if the if the our paper collapses. That's the point of gold. It's a store of wealth. It's not a it's not a transaction item where you know. I mean people can use it and it will be if we collapse as a country, you'll be using it to transact in goods, goods and services because no one will recognizes training dollary to sort of suddenly not be Australia anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but gold is physical.
Speaker 4: I mean, good luck trying to trade bitcoin with Indians and the Chinese. You know, they'll want something physical to back up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's but as I said, like you guys, you know, the big cooiners are welcome to pursue this and see how they get, and good luck to them.
Speaker 3: Well, of course there's a lot of hype and a lot of excitement around this digital gold. Most certainly it's something that changed my life. We can see huge strategic moves around the world, and there's a lot of buying from a lot of different players around the world. But of course there's a lot of education around this is a measurement.
Speaker 4: And yeah, now I should point out if bitcoin becomes backed by gold, so it has a physical asset behind it, that will become a different ballgame. So if you've got bitcoin back by one bit coin's worth an ounce of gold, then you will be then you will have something tangible to fall back on then, because you've got to know, so then you'll actually have something. So that's a different thing. And it's a bit like paper money, where you've got a bond secured by infrastructure asset. Right, you've got security against the paper asset, right, similar for bitcoin until such time as it's got security against the hard asset, it's still only electronic asset in this case.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, I'm an account and I believe in substance over form. So you know, if the entire world went to hell and a hand basket tomorrow, if I had land and a shovel, and you know, a couple of animals and could milk my own cows and add some chickens, and I wouldn't need currency at all. Right, So ultimately, if you're going to get if it's all going to go to hell and a hand basket and we're going to go back to sort of subsistent living, and you know, it's sort of some sort of crazy sorry, you know, Lord of the Fly scenario, you want your own self reliant skills.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You want to know how to bloody you know, plant crops and butcher a cow and all that stuff to feeds yourself, you know what I mean. And that's what we need to be as a country as well. You know, we need we need electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, civil engineers. We don't necessarily need any more financial engineers. And I am a financial engineer, but I've always been very I've always been very cognizant of the fact that if the world did go to hell and a hand basket, I often think to myself, what skills do I have? It all went outside of pushing your panic shock like paper, So that's what I mean. Like, ultimately the end of the day, you know, there's a lot to be said for having something real world skills.
Speaker 3: I'm very grateful for your time, and I asked you for thirty minutes. You've given me more than forty. If people want to learn more from you, where can they.
Speaker 4: Go ww dot People First Party dot AU. If anyone's in Queensland and you want to help hand out how to vote cards at the upcoming election, please contact us at contact at people first party dot au.
Speaker 1: We'd really love your support.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Senator Rennick, Thank you for joining me.
Speaker 4: Thanks Adam, thanks for having me on. The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information