Speaker 1: I guess day three, although we'll be chatting about day number two of the DNC there in Chicago, and they didn't disappoint Maybe not as out there from a cut standpoint, but there are some crazy stuff. Did you want to see Chuck Schumer and Tim Walls do a dance off? I didn't, but you can something exists in this world. Now. They didn't have any more pronounced lizard people that I tended to notice, but they did have some crazies outside, as you normally get with these things. So we'll hear from some of those fine folks who they have some thoughts that sound a little replacey, you know, for all of the garbage that that theory gets, you know, thrust upon people. You're an advocate of the great replacement theory. Well, what are they talking about when they say that that there was a master plan to us systematically remove any opposition or replace them with people who will listen. Well, that's a much broader way to say. We're going to sit here and we're going to import a bunch of folks, and we're going to do it because we feel that either the compassion will carry over to the ballot box, they'll be less likely to speak up, or at at the very least, you know there's the potential for fraud there, and even if it doesn't happen, you look like a lunatic out there complaining about it. Oh but I can't vote, Well, maybe eventually they can, or maybe they're relatives will vote accordingly now that they're here, or some are given or literally registered for vote when they get a driver's license and they're like, well, if they register me to vote, I guess I can vote. So it's but it also keeps your opponents sitting there yelling about it while you go, you're crazy. They're not they're not citizens. They can't vote, when you know full well that that's not necessarily the goal. Plus the big one, and the one that doesn't get talked about, is the districting right, because remember you district, and it's actually more useful if they don't vote. So let's say I have a congressional districts for seven hundred and fifty thousand. Is just let's call it a million, right, just to keep things easy. So if I have a million people in a district and it's a deeply purple district, as a member of Congress, that becomes a little difficult for me. You just saw, I think Delaware just flipped their seat which had been Democrat to Republican and back to Democrat. All right, So you got that, and let's say that you stuff another I don't know, one hundred thousand folks in there, and even though they can't vote, that's now when they go to redistrict. That's part of apportioning that district. And so if you have one hundred thousand people in there and you have it displaced people like on the fringes, you know where Republicans tend to live in populated areas, now that your district looks a lot bluer because they're not going to vote, But you still retained a lot of the folks who choose to live within, you know, the city proper and all of that. It's you know, there's there's large scale map breakdowns of this stuff. So you know, I just noticed that was absent when they were sitting here going over all this stuff yesterday, and I thought, well, that's weird because it literally benefited a bunch of dem districts here. Oh boy, let's see during the last one, but more so the one before that in and around New York City. New York also lost a delegate seat, so they were able to impact even more. Now, does that mean Republicans aren't doing it to the extent that they can't? Absolutely, we're in the whole redisseorting thing here. The difference is when Republicans do it, they sit there and they assign some racial components to it, which I don't know, feels a little racisty. The other way around too. The reality is they're looking at who votes left and who votes right, and it's one of those instances where it almost doesn't matter the color of your skin, how do you how do you traditionally vote? And then once you find out how you traditionally vote, boom, they can go ahead and they can kind of figure it out, and they will they will use broad generalizations. That is absolutely a thing that happens. So we're not going to deep dive that to kick off the show this morning. But I was just kind of sticking to my craw all right. Coming up on the show, Tim Walls has apparently got his catchphrase, Yeah, I don't know, if you sat me in a room and said, what's the most opposite thing that we think the public will embrace? I feel like half the time politicians do this stuff. It's a stupid test, and they want you to be stupid. They want you to never, never, never question it. Let's let's you know, let's look at I'm with her. Some say that was a bad one because it was ego centric, which I can't believe the accusation was made. Barack Obama's yes you can was a very powerful one, very broad general opic. You know. The cynical person to me would go, well, maybe you can't for some of the stuff that they hope to achieve. Then of course you get into make America great and there you go. That's pretty self explanatory. Everybody's got a different version of it. But Tim Walls went a different direction. What is Kamala's I just realized, I don't know what cut? What is Kamala's? Does she have a does she have a catchphrase? You should probably get one before I don't know, Thursday, maybe, uh, maybe get ahold of one of those. So we'll talk about Walls is which was on display yesterday. We'll give you a rundown to some of the other stuff. Lots of stories to get to it is Wednesdays. Stick around. There's Walls yesterday in between dancing. Oh you know what, I just realized it wouldn't be fair to give you a rundown of the DNC yesterday without starting at the beginning. So if we could, uh uh, please remove your hats, please stand hard over the over the if you want, if you want, I don't judge, you don't have to. Here is how the DNC kicked off compliments of the Women's Democratic Caucus.
Speaker 2: Ohaycly on, so same twice line. Lastly, both crowdstride.
Speaker 1: Right, get away from you know what? That's not no, no, no, no, no, no no no. So you get the gist. I'm not gonna I'm not You're not gonna suffer the whole thing. I think thirty seconds is probably what the Geneva Convention allows, So we give you twenty nine. Now here's the deal. Not everyone who sings it right is at a stadium doing it professionally, where you know, harsh harsh criticism and judgment can land or is you know, trying to do a bad job. And I don't know that they necessarily are. However, you are the stadium singers for all practical purposes, right, You're the one. These are the women who are on stage are at a panel table. They're there to lead whoever the you know, the people showed up early. A lot of times people show up much later in the day, so it's not a full house, but there's a lot of people there. And I remember this. I remember them because the RNC they do the same thing, they do a whole much bigger production. Because it was right around the time we were getting off the air, and so you could literally hear it going on. We'd pop in and see what was going on. Here's the thing I don't understand. Did you all bother to learn the words? Because there's a few of you who didn't look good. It didn't sound like you did. Also, if you're that, if you're not good, and I'm not a good singer, but if you're not good, why are you trying to do that weird harmonic thing in the background where you have one of the one or two of the singers. You know, if it's like a soprano octave who's sitting there and trying to sing back at a different pace than the other way, it's clearly confusing them. And also, you're the DNC, you arguably have the best access to entertainers of anyone in politics, who do they have performing last night? Is? What's that song? Turned down? The who sings that? I can't remember who that is, but I saw him parading around singing, so you got him there. It is Chicago. There's a lot of good, not well known singers you could probably get to show up to do this for you. But that right there, man, that's just going to put people in all sorts of a mood. So anyway, it was that Chuck Schumer was singing, and he's not as bad as them, but I'm still not gonna know. I'm not going to do that to you. It's still pretty nightmarish, especially when he's dancing. I can't remember the song they parodied with him, but it was. It was very cringe, But I expect politicians to be cringe. Get somebody in who can sing. So anyway, there's Tim Walls turn and he's going to be doing some dancing and in between dance, and he says this.
Speaker 3: Even if we even if, even if we would not make the same choice as our neighbors, we respect him because we lived by that golden rule.
Speaker 1: Mind your own damn business, all right, that's good advice. I try to live my life like that. Ross. Are you in the mind your own damn business camp for the most part, Yeah, absolutely, you do until you can't right now it's negatively impacting you. And then and maybe I still don't want to get in there. I don't want to get a neighbor beefs. But sometimes, you know, sometimes that is the best advice, just mind your own business. There are times when I want to like complain about something and I think to myself, dude, just go do something else or mind your business, or you're not going to change that, you know. And it's for little petty stuff, not big stuff. But some people can't mind their own business. Do you see the witch hunt for Matt Walsh that's going on. You know how I feel about Matt Walsh not my favorite commentator. That being said, I think it is hilarious the photos of the dude walking around who they think is Matt Walsh in disguise, because it might be because he's you know, he's got some project where he's pretending to be a DEI coordinator. And there's a couple things the dude does other than the photos, like where he steps into the frame on CNN and just kind of stares and then security rushes him off. It probably is. But then Matt Walsh did a livestream with his wife that didn't look like you know, that didn't time well with what they were seeing at DNC, like he would have had to make a mad dash elsewhere to do it. So there might just be a dude who is a diehard Democrat who's so excited to be there, who just unfortunately looks like Matt Walsh in disguise from the Daily Wire, and so they were organizing find him tweets and stuff. Yes, I was just reading all of It's absolutely insane. If you see him, don't approach him. Calse security. Why why would you call security? What's he doing walking around? Bought a ticket, legally entered the premises, probably abided by whatever you know rules there are for things you can and can't bring in. There's been no reports of him harassing anybody. Well, what do you want security throw him out for?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Why don't you take Tim Walls's advice mind your own das right? If that's the theme of yesterday, which it seemingly was, you're organizing a literal witch hunt for somebody who might be your ally probably I don't know if that is some just random due to be funny as health He's like, you know what I was going to vote for? Uh whatever, this is yours, but I'm out not doing this anymore so between Tim Walls with that, and of course I will remind you every time Tim Walls, who's up a snitch on your neighbor COVID hotline?
Speaker 5: You stay at home hotline? The information you leave is considered public information at the tone. Please leave the following information your name, your callback number, how the stay at home order is being violated, and where the stay at home order was violated.
Speaker 1: Does that sound like mind your own damn business, Mind your own damp business. I'm gonna I'm gonna gout on a lemon. Say it does not. So that's the overarching theme how it played out for the day though, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, Gavin Newsom, although it was weird because Gavin Newsom didn't do us like a main stage thing, and people are like, oh, it's a snub. I don't know, Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe the DNC just doesn't want somebody up there they think would have been more popular than Kamala. You don't want to remind them of what could have been. I think it would be a disaster because that dude's record. But a lot of people seem to think that they should have gone with Newsom.
Speaker 6: I mean when you hear in his audio, right, yeah, you could tell why he's been elected even though he's full of crap, because he's a damn good politician. When you hear him speaking yesterday, right, Yeah, Like he's speaking, you're like, why is he not the nominee? Because he can do circles around Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: If you don't intellectually process the words, he's fantastic, or if you don't look at the policy or the actual concepts of them. Yeah, if you're just going on, if you're going on feeling an emotion, and the way he says stuff is similar to how Barack Obama, you know, did the same thing. Percent. Yeah, So you don't want that dude coming in and doing a thirty minute blow out the door of speech, you know what I'm saying, because it just harms your candidate. And I one hundred and I think they probably said that to Newsom and he agreed, because I think he's savvy enough there. I think he looks at this as kind of a dumpster fire toss up. But I think that absolutely even if even if Kamala wins and is in there for four years, I don't know if Newsom doesn't try to primary her. It's so weird, but yeah, one hundred percent, he's down below. He's not doing a big thing because you can't have somebody come in and outshine your nominee. In fact, here let me just oh no, I'm just thinking to clock Rayan need a little more time to play. We'll play you in the audio. I don't think it's an oddity though. I think it was strategic for obvious reasons, and that is Gavin Newsom gives a good speech. And remember, if you're not there analyzing what they're saying, there's a lot of really good, really good examples of political speeches over the years that are seen as incredibly famous, incredibly inspiring, that are of more recent history that if you start breaking down how it played out and you do that Monday morning quarterback stuff, it didn't work right. So you know there's examples where it did. JFK said, to give a pretty good speech motivate a lot of people Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan has a couple of big speeches under under his under his vest, and they were doozy, still remember to this day. But a lot of modern day orators, man, they know how to give a good speech, but it's the policy or what they're wanting to do, whether it's hamstrung by the realities of politics, or they're just filthy. Liars become much easier to pick out because it's easier to do that than to actually do the work behind achieving stuff. And when I see news some stuff. He likes to go stand out in the middle of farm fields in California and give speeches. They're completely and utterly full of crap. But then the seals applause the sea you get the seals clapping over it and not even listening to the words. So why did Gavin Newsom not get a mainstage event? One hundred percent? I think he would have mad Kamala look bad. Peter just showed up sober. He would have. But he did get a little time. Here he is from the floor and he loves some Pelosi. By the way, from the great state of Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 7: I come from a state like our nation of dreamers, of doers, of entrepreneurs, of innovators, that prides itself on being on the leading and cutting edge of new ideas. California is the most diverse state in the world's most diverse democracy, and we've prided ourselves. We pride ourselves and our ability to live together and advance together and prosper together across every conceivable and imaginable difference. But the thing we pride ourselves most time is that we believe the future happens in California first.
Speaker 1: And Democrats.
Speaker 7: I've had the privilege for over twenty years right to see that in future taking shape. We go with a star an allavit a court room by the name of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: All right, so you get the gist of it. By the way, he's not doing that's no teleprompter, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I'm sitting back, I'm like, how come they keep voting for this lunatic right the policies and their high taxes.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. And I'm loading that in and I'm watching the video like I get it. Yeah, he said it's off the car. I mean, I mean he thought that what he was gonna say.
Speaker 6: But their convention, the DNC is always pretty well produced. Yes, it is incredibly that roll call with great prod. Yeah, that's what I'm saying, right, And they're the Party of theater kids, so I mean they get that sort of optics, right. But when you break it down and like what are your policies that what are you actually talking about, which most people don't pay attention to, it's a completely different story, you know.
Speaker 1: And to to Bolzshebok, Ross is saying, listen to new some thing, and I understand it's it's an abbreviated one minute because he's it's part of the delegate thing. The dude could be a club. He's like talking on the beat of the song. He's talking on the beat and he's hitting all of the keywords without any substance. Right listen. Now he describes California.
Speaker 7: Pelosi come from a state like our nation of dreamers, of doers, of entrepreneurs, of innovators that prides itself on being on the leading and cutting edge.
Speaker 1: Or new ideas.
Speaker 7: California is the most diverse state in the world's most diverse democracy.
Speaker 1: Now, now you listen to all that you got diversity in there and entrepreneurs and all of this. The reality on the ground is entrepreneurs are leaving, people are looking at taxes and they're going, no, thank you, and they're moving and not little ones. Obviously Elon is one example, but he's not alone. Have you seen what's happening to the state of Texas. Have you seen what's happening in and around Austin with the innovation that's coming in there, with the innovation that's coming into the triangle. Here, where's the other big good? Nashville is a big growth area too. Companies are looking at and going, you know, I'd rather do business there, and people are wanting to move there, and those people are going to have skills that those companies want. That's the story of what's happening in California. Just because you continue to borrow and you continue to you know, they are privileged in having such a large tax base, but they're cursed by it as well. So you know, when he's up there, when he's up there doing that, he's doing it out the cuff. He's hitting the buzzwords. California sounds like an exciting place to move and do business. And I guess if you want to be in the movies or porn, I go for it. But the reality is to start up a business in California, it's it's it's tough. You're gonna you gotta have enough enough money to get that done. And so if you're doing it, if you're doing a start a business that can literally sell all over the world and you're not just limited to a local, you know, local thing in California. If if you're investing a bunch of money, I don't know a ton of reasons why you wouldn't just invest a lot less of that money to achieve the same thing and do it out of Houston or Raleigh or you know, pick up place anywhere in Florida for that matter. And you know when they're sitting there and they're talking about this, well, what we're gonna do is you want capital gains in excess of forty five percent, but only if it's over this certain amount. I saw a lot of people running around. They're like, oh, so if you sell your house this it is true. The math would say that if you had a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars house and it went up to five hundred thousand how many of you are in that situation? How many of you have seen a subste You don't have to tell me the number ross. I'm assuming your home is worth a lot more than it was the day you bought it, right, it is.
Speaker 6: But I was reading that you know this apparently wouldn't affect homes, is what they're saying, right, Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why I'm going with this. Okay, it's it's not an accurate thing to sit there and go your home, but it is a very easy to understand analysis. Plus you have to hit a threshold currently for some of the stuff up to one hundred million. And yeah, generally whatever is your homestead is impacted differently than secondary properties. So some people know this, some people don't. So if you own a house but you also own a rental property, probably the rental property is going to be treated because it's not your primary residence differently. That being said, once you get the ball rolling on this stuff, I think it's very easy for people to come out who are not homeowners or have bought homes in places where they didn't see growth and go it's not fair. And once you get the it's not fair ball rolling, you're fine, but you need to understand this. So Norway did this. Norway did this almost exactly this, and the country was able to in the first year get an additional one hundred and fifty million in tax dollars, which ain't a lot in the US, but is a lot Norway. So roster, you'd call that a success. Right, They did this to squeeze the rich. They got one hundred and fifty million in additional tax revenue, and surely and surely in no way that a backfire. Right, So five point four billion in wealth left the country and they actually got six hundred billion less the next year.
Speaker 6: Right, Because it's absolutely insane that you're proposing you're you're pretty much taxing money that doesn't exist yet. And so it's like you know, say like in a January of twenty twenty, you invest in Zoom, Right, Zoom goes through the roof the rest of the year and you see this big profit. Then you're taxed on that. You're taxing the percentage that it went up. But you don't actually have the money yet. So the money is to come out of your savings because it's still there, right, Like you haven't taken.
Speaker 1: The money out yet. You haven't sold. Yes, it's it's completely I mean, right, but don't worry. You have to hit a certain threshold, so they don't mean you for now.
Speaker 6: That's the other thing too, right, because as we know is these programs tend not to shrink. They tend to expand because that's what government does.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So, oh, this is only going to affect the super rich it right now? Okay, But then people get really comfortable with it, and they get familiar with it, and then before you know it, that window gets smaller and smaller and smaller than and then before you know it, you know, maybe they do do it on your home. You know, we've been looking into and we think we should actually do you know, the whole home thing. Oh, it's not gonna fet your home. That's it's not gonna be. So it's the slippery slope argument, but it holds water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I said, we just gave you an example. The Norway thing is almost exactly spot on, same parameter, same percentage, everything, And they sacrifice six hundred million for one hundred and fifty million, So I guess they're down four fifty So I guess they get a tax credit, right, A bunch of lunatics. All right, So Newsom's doing the thing. But California did something before, and it was very clear that a lot of pundits on Twitter don't bother to research stuff ever to understand it. Here's what California do. California, how do you pass your vote?
Speaker 7: Mister secretary, The great state of California passes at this time.
Speaker 1: All right, so you hear that they took a pass. So that's not a bunch of people freaking out. And I'm thinking, you don't understand. Do you not understand how these were? Why are you covering one of these if you don't understand how it works. So here's what happens. RNC does this, DNC does this. I don't know if they've always done it, but I've literally watched it twice. If the state that has the nominee, so in this case California Illinois with Barack Obama, the state that has the nominee. Generally, even though the roll call is in a particular order, they want to have the privilege of casting the deciding delegate vote, so it maybe they have to go last, probably not, but in this case, California starts at the sea they're up very early, and it's not till about the t's or the end of the ends I think was the number, and then California will come. They'll let California cut back in so they can do the nomination. It's just a dumb little tradition thing. It's meaningless.
Speaker 6: It is when you play that audio though, Yeah, somebody mentioned this and I can't unhear it now, But play that audio again. The guy who makes the announcement of the throws of the California it sounds like a South Park character.
Speaker 1: Oh I like you to play. Okay, all right, hold on, hold on, don't tell me which one? All right, here we go. Let's let's put our thinking caps on California.
Speaker 2: Your vot.
Speaker 1: Are you saying, mister Garrison is Oh god, I cannot hear that. That's like Trey Stoner, Matt Parker.
Speaker 6: Do it again, California, How you got your vote?
Speaker 1: So great? Where's mister slave during all this?
Speaker 7: Do we know.
Speaker 1: Brice standing outside? Judging by some of the protester photos, I saw, all right, one more time, California, how do you get your vote? Oh? Man, that dude's got to be aware, right he every day he loathed that show. Oh yeah, I can on here that all right? So, oh yeah, so they just did that thing. It's it's not really good thing, and it's actually less of a thing this year because arguably it doesn't really matter what the delegates said. That's the stupidity of all. I mean, that's your better story. Why are you even going through all of this if none of it, if it's all meaningless. But that's what that was. And so when mister Garrison asked, the dude was just doing what they decided to do.
Speaker 6: But it's that whole production behind it. Like I said, they just they do a great convention. They always do. It reminds me of remember like back in two thousand and eight where it was Obama versus McCain, and Obama had this backdrop of these like big Greek columns and stuff, and the production value was insane. And then all I remember about McCain at the convention was standing in front of this gross looking green backdrop. Yeah, and it's just I still have pictures of it. It's it was not vision.
Speaker 1: And you know why that arena is not really set for this. It's not a good at Baseball Stadium's far better because it positions the eyes and to a center point. But yeah, it was not a really good place to hold it. But yeah, I remember that green screen. That's the one I was sitting behind when I commented on Palin's underweldline, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, a lot of people vote right on vibes and feelings and which person they seem to like more. They don't know anything about, you know, capital gains or any of this stuff, and it's just like, hey, I don't know. I watched it. It made me feel really good. And they had Little Joe was there and yeah, playing and gonna vote for that, Gonna vote for that. He was changing words to It was so weird. So you're telling me you wouldn't vote for a Newsom Garrison ticket in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, people, that news Newsom's got to be running in twenty twenty eight. Well, and that's where this That's why I didn't understand why they didn't bring him in this. So, I mean I do. From a monetary standpoint, they say she's raised five hundred million, and she had five hundred millions. That's a billion dollars of the money that came from the Biden campaign. So a lot of people, a lot of people are just falling in line. We'll see how it goes, though, all right, six forty nine hang on, And this is a test fleet, so I don't know that it's fair that people are oh my gosh, people he had a test planes. That being said, this is not a good look. And I love how they use a bunch of big words to distract you from what it is. The new seven seven seven X test fleet has been sidelined by Boeing after a routine post flight inspection revealed the failure of a crucial piece of structure that mounts the engine to the aircraft. I'm sorry, the thing that the engine hanger on her? I think that's that ross. Would you check? Is that the technical term for it, the engine hanging hanger on her. I'm not an aircraft mechanic, so I'm not one hundred percent sure. That's pretty important, isn't it? To keep the engine hanging? How many of you have been on a plane looked at that big old engine hanging on those wings and went, how does that stay on there? Have you ever? I mean, the amount of air pressures you're putting over that thing? Granted it's you know, it's pushed in through there, but like the amount of force on what looks like a very small attached area, I know it's bigger if you get under there, but you're looking at a plane window, You're like, how's that thing hanging on there? So if you have the thing that keeps the thing hanging on there and that thing doesn't work, I feel like, yeah, you got to make this decision. However, when you get down to it and you talk about various other test phases for different planes, the three seven Max, which had its own thing, but even before that, these are the things that they're looking for. And it's not like the engine fell off and landed in somebody's yard. Sometimes doors do that, but not an engine at the point, at least not for this particular aircraft. But yeah, that is that's probably not a good deal. All right, let's get back over here to the DNC, shall we?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Where do I want to go here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bernie Sanders gives zero FS And he never really did, but I think when he was still wanting to run for president, even he was having to hold his tongue, he's just he has now reached the old man yelling at children phase, which some say he had already done it, but now there's no political shackles upon him, and it's really interesting to watch. At the very top of that to do list is the need to get big.
Speaker 8: Money out of our political process. Billionaires in both parties should not be able to buy elections, including primary e.
Speaker 1: There is what's going on outside, which a little taste of that. Here we go. My choice.
Speaker 8: In my perfect world, every Republican is out of the country and all the immigrants come in.
Speaker 1: That's what I want that we're all immigrants. We all came from somewhere else, right, all right, So anyway, and you know, obviously that's just one lunatic, but there's a lot of them, and they're running around out there and breaching fences. By the way, did you see the new three set fence perimeter. I don't think that we've had a green zone in Afghanistan with that much security. It's pretty crazy what they've gone for. And the irony, of course is and then they have like when you drive in there too, you're fenced on both sides, so you don't just go through a gate and have access. They run you through like a hamster. Maze, which is is an effective form of security. It's right when you drive up to a military installation, they have the the slalom as I call it. That being said, it is deeply ironic with everything going on. So that's going on outside they you know, they're making a bunch of arrests. They'll probably not charge people. And lunatics just run around giving interviews or going and getting vi sectomies and abortions in a bus, which is a thing that's happening, and there's lines in front of it. So I see you. I se some people are saying God's not here. If God's your thing, I think that's probably clear that he's not pleased what's going on. But you don't have to be a religious person to just sit there and go. You know, so much of this is immro man like, even if you're one hundred percent pro choice to do it as a public display on a bus next to an arena. Come on, man, So now I understand the dudes getting visectomies that one I'm one hundred percent in on ross Do you understand them? Why you'd want to get a vasectomy if you run with that crowd? Because God help you if you knock up one of those purple hair chicks and got eighteen years of having to interact with that. Maybe you get older, as guys do, and you start gravitating the other way and you got that anchor around your neck, So that one I get. But maybe don't do it at a bus. Maybe do it around the NCAA tournament like normal people do. Be much easier for you. And the third class is the pundit class, right, And these are going on in the luxury suite generally where they set these up surrounding the arena, and this is where you got CNN and MSNBC and Fox and everybody else doing their shows. And they got time to fill, so they're constantly have runners. So here's how it works, by the way, for guests at one of these events, so you have your own runner like we did so when my guy I worked with the Minneapolis Chris So, Chris and I are sitting there doing the show, and then we have a part timer who has to get up and basically his job is to run around and collect guests. And while that's going on, as you're broadcasting, publicists for the various guests, they could be politicians, book authors, whoever it is they're coming by in the middle of your broadcast. I like, hey, hey, you got some time for so and so and so. It's the runner's job to sit there and do that with TV, and then when it's time for somebody's interview, the runner's got to go get them with TV. They got like ten of these dudes for each network and they're just running around trying to drub up stuff to fill time with got to have some people on there. So I'm just saying, would I say this that some people might slip through the cracks if you're CNN, Like, I don't know one of these Chicago City council members Democrats winning any new voters at this convention. I highly doubt it.
Speaker 9: I think this is all playing to their own base, not trying to recruit your people, because clearly the Democratic Party, my party, is not interested in talking about what matters. How are you going to keep people safe, how are you going to secure the border, and how are you going to deal with the eight million undocumented individuals that they let in under Kamala Harris's leader.
Speaker 1: See here's the deal. Chicago, it doesn't get as much pub as New York does with what's going on there in midtown or even California with just general insanity. Chicago's been hit hard South Chicago within like blocks of where they're going to put the Obama Museum, and the residents, many of them minority neighborhoods, are outraged. And so in the city of Chicago is a big, big, big, big deal. I see Chicago friends posted about this stuff. It's a big deal, and it's a big deal among people who would normally be traditional voters that you are alienating and then you're going to hold this this event, and you're probably gonna talk about it a lot, and every time they hear it, it's just going to be like fingertails on a chalkboard to them. So I'm not surprised that this dude rolled in with that take. I'm a little surprised they let him on the air, but he didn't need guests to pick apart. Are you following the the Tim Walls IVF thing? So, and I don't know much about this other than what I was able to educate myself on, but essentially, when you tell somebody you're using IVF, you're going to go in IVF treatment, what do you think that they're doing ross. What do you think when I tell you that a couple did IVF to conceive that they had to do, you have no idea. Yeah, And so when they asked Walls about it, he very causually explains it right in vitro fertilization where you go in, they get the embryos, they take them out. I guess they gear him up. These are the best, and then they you know, they stick a few in there and sometimes it works, a lot of times it doesn't because you're dealing with a lot of issues and it's a very humbling experience. I suspect, like I don't want to I don't want to go the doctor for and you know, have him to do anything really like because I'm a guy. Whatever. But you know, a lot of procedures and I've had to have some over the years, and I'm sure you have. Two are much more invasive. I remember the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me was as a kid going to the doctor as like senior or junior year in high school and you got to go get a physical before they'll let you do sports every year, and as we know, one of the things that they do with a physical for guys is the old cold glove near the boys. Okay, and then you cough and we are, you know, but not a comfortable thing. It's not quite a colonoscopy, but it is a thing. And you know, I'm like seventeen or whatever, and the doctor rolls in and he has four like intern medical students with him, and three of them are hot and not sitting there, and I'm like, all right, we're gonna do this thing. Of course we're gonna do this thing. At no other point did I see any of these folks. And now you brought him in for this thing. Thank you for that. So you know, it's uncomfortable your teenager or whatever. IVF the you know, with everything that's going on and the emotion connected to it is a real hot button topic for people. I know a couple did this for years before they had a kid, and they were constantly having to do stuff. So when when Tim Walls intimates that that's what him and his wife are doing, it's not a campaign crucial thing for you to say or not say it, Like I don't I don't know how you're getting votes or not getting votes, but when you misrepresented, I feel like it does nothing but alienate people who've been through that because they basically did a a different version. And so I see people refer to as the Turkey baseder method, which does not require all of the stuff that IVF does. It's literally to help along somebody who's got a little slower, less goal focused swimmer. I guess is that's the way I read it, and you can do it from home, so one is not the other. And even Jake Tapper was talking about it, and it absolutely set the panel.
Speaker 10: Pain is having to clean up some comments he's made about one of the campaign's signature issues having to do with reproductive rights. This is what Governor Waltz said on MSNBC while criticizing JD.
Speaker 1: Vance. Pick a listener, JB.
Speaker 11: Vance knows nothing about that, and then he keeps going into all of these things.
Speaker 1: Today's IVF day. Thank god from IVF. My wife and I have two beautiful children. Now that's not.
Speaker 10: Accurate, right, I mean, it wasn't IVF. It was a different procedure.
Speaker 1: I like the terms they used to We're going to clean up some comments. Do you think do you think CNN or MSNBC about a Donald Trump thing ever? Said? We got to clean it up and then went through to try to explain it. Not a chance. So and then I saw people were saying, well, he didn't say they had IVF. You heard that cut that Tapper played, He straight up did. He may have said it like a politician where he thinks he's got some wiggle room, but no, now that that dude said it one hundred percent, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, I'm gonna have to weave in some stories that are not this. We're losing our mind. Oh, the Trump interview with theovonn how many of you know who Theovon is. He's a comedian. He's from like Louisiana or something, so he's got a big country vibe. Dude, he's one of those dudes who's just like really chill, kind of funny, kind of one of those dudes you'd like to have in a friend group. Not all that serious, but he can be. But he really and he's taking a lot of green because he had Trump on and he is a very successful podcaster or video cast or whatever you want to call it. And I think he's funny man. So for him to have Trump on when he is like he's money eighteen thirty five. When you start looking at demographics and for them to have a conversation that was I thought it was really loose. I'm not going to play a bunch of it for you. I want you to go listen to the whole thing that there was a couple things here, well, one thing in particular I did want to share with you, but like it allows Trump to kind of be a lot easier. And you could tell when he started, Trump was very I'm going to recite some of these facts, and then like randomly Vaughan had say something and then you could see Trump just kind of loosen up, and I don't know, I thought it probably did well for him. We'll get into that. We'll do it next seven seventeen. Hang on the theo Von podcaster or comedian. He's not going to go as deep as Rogan, although those two are our friends. Vaughn's been on Rogan's and vice versa a whole bunch, so, you know, kind of cut from the same cloth. Whereas Rogan will get a little, you know, a lot more serious if need be, there's still some humor there. Vaughn is very loose. I mean, he's not deep diving stuff, but that's his thing, man, and he does very well. I talked about eighteen thirty five. That's a huge demo in politics and in advertising, and Vaughn nails it without a lot of ton without a ton of controversy. So that's a very advertiser friendly and influencer friendly setup he's got there. Good for him. When I've listened to theovon, I've enjoyed it. That being said him having Trump on, of course, you're gonna get a bunch of lunatics. How dare you platform him? Right? That old canard that we've been dealing with. I can't believe you platform this guy. Well, he's one of the nominees for president, So I don't know what you want. But what's so random is, and there's a few moments, is is you can see rumps demeanor change during the interview because he goes. I don't think he knows what to expect. Though. It's funny. Trump said that the reason he's doing the interview is because Baron's a big fan. And he said, Dad, this is a big interview. Don't screw it up. So so he you know, he's sitting down with it. But still if you're Trump, every time you walk into anywhere where there's a reporter or an interview or you got to be on guard or ready, as he was in West virginia'll play that for you in a little bit, but or don't. It's sorry, Michigan, but you got to be ready. And so Trump's going to get to the meat of it pretty quick, which is kind of what he's been trained to do by other interviewers who want to just take things, Oh, we'd like to talk to you about the economy, and then they come in they're like, let's talk about you know, and then insert some salacious story. So he gets on there, and so that's the way they break the ice.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Baron's a big fan. And then Trump starts into this thing where he's like, he's talking about the greatest to come. You've heard it from him, right, this is the greatest economy and right in the middle of it, just randomly and it's hard to hear, but Von goes, yeah, it was my cousin bought a boat. He does, and I don't know why. It just made me laugh. So now I'm hooked in. I'm going to watch this stuff. And what you got to know about THEO Vaughn is he is very open about how he when he was coming up as a comic, he did all the cocaine. Love the cocaine. I don't know if you know this. There's a bit of a history with comedians and cocaine. It's a thing. I'm trying to remember what the number there were. I saw the estimate on the Robin Williams documentary how much coke they thought he was doing every week, and it was a number that made me want to go check into a hospital that he was doing a lot. And so, you know, you fall into that at the La scene there and he's trying to come up in comedy and yeah, that was his thing, and he's more than willing to talk about it. And so as they're talking about opioids, which is a big legit him. An issue is that it takes a little bit of a turn and you can hear Trump kind of going, I'm sorry, what did he just say? And the response from Trump, I don't know why it's funny to me? Here we go. Opio is bad too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think that's bad because everyone thinks, you know, in many cases, they think they're going to do away with pain and literally the time is so short. Have you take it for like two weeks, you're almost addicted to it. It's incredible when you oh the whole Yeah, all of that is horrible.
Speaker 1: Addicted. How did you know I would just do cocaine? That was really yeah? So yeah that's it.
Speaker 12: That's down and dirty.
Speaker 1: The look on his face is really what you need to sell it. So you should watch the video. He's like, I'm sorry, this guy just says it all the blow. Oh that's out of dirt and look, you know that way with the circles that Trump ran in. I'm not saying he necessarily did. As far as I can tell, he's not lying about not using alcohol and stuff like that. I know they all want to say he's on adderall. I don't know, maybe, But you know, as far as not using cocaine, I believe he says he hasn't, and I haven't seen any evidence he's drank, so I'll take him at his word. But whereas this Denver, Colorado, Eugene Robinson is this dude's name, So he went to a burger king get himself a flame world whopper or something. He doesn't say what he was wanting, and when it's time to pay for his food he had just ordered, he tries to pay in drugs and they're like, yeah, we don't take drugs. We do take money though, so if you have money but not drugs, And apparently that set this dude off. So not understanding this, he so what does he do? He pulls a gun out, points it at the worker, and then just started randomly run running around shooting at people. He's at the drive threes, not inside. He then, apparently after doing this, decides to go across the street to a convenience store. I don't know if he wanted to see if they had change for drugs or what, but he walked in there and uh, before you could even start talking to the clerk, he looks behind the counter and you know how sometimes you can see the monitor for surveillance, so that the clerk when they're behind the counter can kind of watch you know, outside inside. This isn't Aura, It's not a great place. He then shoots the monitor, which I don't know if you know how this works. When it comes to security cameras, you can shoot, mind, you can shoot cameras. For all that, man, we still have the tape. At least, shooting the camera stops it from recording. I guess shooting the monitor does nothing. So when that was pointed out, all of a sudden, he starts shooting it. Just starts to get down there, just randomly shooting at people. A dude who was they, who had his own handgun, starts shooting back at him. Nobody's hitting anybody. He then runs out, shoots towards two more people in the parking lot, buzzes out of there. When eventually apprehended, Robertson, when asked like, what are you doing? Why would you do all that, he said he was talking with God and God had told him he was supposed to be carrying a Bible with a purple cover, but he didn't have one with a purple cucause, you know, God loves purple obviously, and so he became irritated and at that point decided to go into the burger king and try to spend drugs for burgers. Let's see. Also in addition, because of course they learned that Robertson had an outstanding warrant where he was allegedly evolved in a vehicle crash, and then decided to shoot at the person who he had just hit. I guess being in the way, and then in an effort to throw police off the scent. And we've seen this before, because there's now a witness description, right, this dude's got on you know, blue jeans and a white hoodie or something, you know, whatever it is. Robertson thought he found a loophole. So according to police, after he fled the scene, he removed his pants I guess no longer fitting the description, but was pretty quickly apprehended as he started then walking down the street with no pants. So he is a frequent flyer. Will now he's facing one hundred and forty three years in prison, But of course you've got an activist group saying he's done with mental health issues, and maybe he is right taking your pants off the whole God told me purple Bible cover and not uncovered bible, burger king where you can pay with I doesn't say what kind of drugs, but drugs. That being said, I think it is inarguable that this dude is a danger to himself and everyone around him. So even though he faces that time and will probably get that sentence, how much of it will have to serve. I don't know. All right, let's get back to.
Speaker 7: What is this.
Speaker 1: Hold on? Somebody sent me some lunacy. Oh I got that, don't worry. So we got that. Yeah, we're gonna get absolutely. Yeah. There's not audio of it. And that's jd Vance yesterday. I don't know, man, he's been having some moments where he doesn't come across as weird. He comes across as ready to go. And one of them was he was in this store and people don't understand the backstory, like there was some there was like some ribbing and teasing going on with some of the press in JD's thing. It's not like they like each other, but you know, you get that little rivalry thing going on. So moments later, jd Vance is in like a deli and he asks the dude who runs it. He goes, is there anything here you guys? Serve that nob but he likes because if you do, I want to get a bunch of that for the reporters on the plane. And then everyone's run around like jd Vance is so mean spirited, such a nasty human, a man who would have sex with a couch repeat, you know, and so it's just like you don't even see the hypocrisy of what you're saying. That's kind of funny. And frankly, I saw a couple of reporters who were outraged. They were just outraged over it. I'm like, do they remove your sense of humor right there? Or do you think you have one? But it's all the really weird leftist stuff that shows up in memes that nobody gets because I'm sorry, that's pretty funny. And Trump has his moments too. Here he is in Michigan, and of course the question has nothing to do with why he's in this town in Michigan and everything to do with did you know this town has a history of white supremacy? Why would you come here? I didn't know that. Most people didn't know that. Probably people in Michigan didn't know that. But even if they did, what does that have to do with this? And you could see the Trump's eyes light up when he got to give the response. It's hard to hear the question, but I just told you what the question was. This history has a town of white supremacy? Why would you come here?
Speaker 3: Thank you everybody very much, thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, the way they say it is. Kamala Harris's campaign said this. I didn't say it, They said it. And ask yourself how many times you've heard that question asked in reverse? Donald Trump's campaign says this, you must explain now. Thank you everybody very much, thank you for coming.
Speaker 2: Who was here in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you every much, She says, Joe Biden start sharing, man. But I assuming that had to be local media because most well, I shouldn't say most of the national media. They wouldn't fall into that trap. But they kind of would too. But everyone cheering and laughing at her, I'm sorry. It brought just a little joy to my heart right there, man, But it wasn't all serious. Any Basher, who is the governor of Kentucky does not like jd Vance, Right, it's the whole He's from Kentucky, and he insults all the rule people here. And I would point out that that is literally the hallmark of the Democrat Party in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Anyone who's in the you know, outside the cities and in the rural parts are a knuckle dragging, you know, rednecks. So for Bashir to step forward and make the following comments and I understand that there's twisting of words here a little, but that's politics. That's the politics that the Democrats thrive in. So no takebacks. So here's what Basher said about jd Vance's wife.
Speaker 8: Man, I mean, think about what some people have had to go through because.
Speaker 1: Of these laws. I mean talk about calls pregnancy resulting from rape inconvenient like inconvenience is traffic, I mean it is make him go through this, all right, so and and look, but what Basure was saying is through having to figure out what you're going to do if you're the victim. But the way that that politics is he's saying, you know what, Andy, excuse me. Jd Van says you have to go through this, and the only way he could go through it is if somebody raped his wife. So yeah, people are going, well, it's out of context a little bit, like I don't think Basher actually wants his wife raped. But when you when you can't even put out a congressional map showing which which districts you're going to target with campaign spending, and then it turns into a New York Times piece about how you're calling for I guess, assassinations. Then you got When this happens, you got to own it. And to my understanding, Basher is refusing to backtrack on it. And then I saw a bunch of people on Twitter like who like for sure, like you know what, they should rape his wife? I mean, just awful stuff. But this is this is what you all have created. So I guess buckle in all right, seven forty four. Look at him. Look at this guy coming in here like he's done something. Race agent from the Weather Channel, dude, he left. Just do these two and go back to bed. Man. I don't blame I could.
Speaker 4: I could.
Speaker 1: Are you a radio guy who can sleep anywhere and any.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oh yeah, I've done the sleep in the floor of the radio booth and done all that stuff right on the concrete.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had we had a guy. We had a guy who worked for us while on the tea when I was doing some TV stuff too. His camera dudes, right camera editor. And I was so jealous of this guy. We were doing a outdoor fishing segment for one of the shows in Minnesota, and that Lake of the Woods up in northern Minnesota is huge, as you know, and so you get like swells that are a pro ocean size, and we had to run from the south end of the lake all the way to the north end, which is about a forty five to an hour run. And these swells and the boat is jumping in the air, and I look over and this dude. You know how some of the fishing boats have that middle pad where it's like a sunpad kind of thing. He is laying on that. He's not tethered anything, and he's sleeping while his body is bouncing up and down going across this lake and it's freezing. So yeah, I am so jealous of those people.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I do know people like I mean, you'll be talking the next thing, you know, you'll just be falling asleep right in the middle of like a conversation with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know how many audience members we've lost because of that. Yes, they're just live and they hear this show and then they yeah done.
Speaker 13: So so just but either way, but you are correct sir, uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't see rain maybe for the next to seven days. I see lots of sunshine. Comfortable, what a beauty of a morning. I mean, if you can't enjoy this, theit uper fifth these across the area. There are some forties out in the mountains. Most of us might not hate eighty upper seventies this afternoon, mostly sunny, Tonight in the fifties. Thursday, Friday, low eighties, mostly sunny, and over the weekend we'll get a little warmer, may approach ninety in the triangle by Sunday. And next week we're back in the nineties. So it doesn't last. But nobody should have expected it too. But this low humidity, these cool nights, beautiful afternoons, and.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, no, a bit of it. No, he needs to stay.
Speaker 13: Sorry noday, we're staying yep, So yeah, nineties next week, sorry.
Speaker 1: Go play golf today, forget where tell your boss pound sand let me know how that goes. So okay, all right, very good, thank you, so appreciate it. All right, there you go, race agic for the weather channeling, the bringing the good stuff. All right, coming up. I don't know why, but everyone's concerned about Alicia Silverstone, although they probably shouldn't be, so we'll get that. And we got a few few more audio cuts we've got to get to, including Barack Obama. And oh's some local news too, so stick around all coming up, I tell you this story we're gonna get into it more tomorrow with Stephen Kent. I'm assuming we have Steven tomorrow. I should have checked with that. Sometimes that dude is a dead dude's a traveling dude. Sometimes he's in Poland, sometimes he's doing the show. But here's the headline. See if you can pick the game right. So we talked about how moonbat Many of these these journalists I use air quotes are see if you can figure out what game they're talking about. You ready, watch a latex clad billionaire punch out poor people in this new debut game trailer. I'm sorry, what a latex clad billionaire punching out poor people? It could only be Batman, and of course it is. It's Batman Arkham Shadow, which is a game coming out. I guess I know nothing about it. I just know that that is one of the more interesting descriptions I've heard. And my question is, how do you think that's helpful? And I know it's not PC gamers job to be helpful to the game companies necessarily, right if you want to maintain an air of credibility so that you can recommend and not recommend stuff, But anyone who sees that headline there doesn't give a flip about what's in your article. Man, But I'll bet all of your colleagues gave you a big pat on the back. Or probably not because then they were touching it. But they did the snap thing, the jazz the jazz snap that they do so because clapping is triggering or something. But what a way to do? Is he just punching random board people? Is he going down and punching orphans? I haven't played this game, have you?
Speaker 13: Ross?
Speaker 1: If you played any of the Batman games, the Arkham games, Yeah, they're pretty good, all right? And so does he punch orphans in it? Or maybe if that was modit and I have seen that. Oh okay, that's that's additional content.
Speaker 6: It's insufferable, like you can't Yeah, I can't wait for these people to fail. Well they are can't do it soon enough.
Speaker 1: One after another, one after another. My favorite will always be And I know it's not a game. One was there? I can't remember who did it? Remember the review for the PS five that wasn't a review for the PS.
Speaker 6: Five talking about like the child labor and stuff that goes into creating the PS five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he didn't he's like, here's a review for the Then he just talked about I'm too sad to do this. Everything's horrible. Here's let me opine on some truck.
Speaker 6: You're like a young twenty year old. Your job is to play and review the latest gaming system, and you're sitting there writing a diatribe about how capitalism is making you sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you sit there and live and swim in an environment that was born from things that are not needed but are extra right. Nobody needs a PlayStation, nobody needs an Xbox. Am I right to survive physically survive, but they're nice to have, and they are things that are acquired through capitalism. Yeah, so like your whole existence is born upon this, and you're just so self loathing, Like, I'll quit, Go do something you find more fulfilling, Go block orphans from getting punched by billionaires. Whatever makes you happy, because clearly that doesn't make you happy. Oh, look at that ross.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I just got an email from who I was worried about, Boston Paul. I hadn't gotten Boston Paul emails in a little while. Turn on all. No, I'm not I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna you send me a screenshot if you want me to see it. All right, so he's good to go. Who do you think could drink more? Kamala Harris or Boston Paul. I think we should have a beer summit, I believe is what Barack Obama calls these things. You're going to have a beer summon.
Speaker 4: And he wants you to think that you'll be richer and safer if you will just give him the power to put those other people back in their place.
Speaker 1: This guy, it is one of the.
Speaker 4: Oldest tricks in politics. Yeah, from a guy who's act has let's face a gut in pretty stale. We do not need four more years a bluster and bumbling and chaos. We have seen that movie before and we all know that the sequel.
Speaker 1: Is usually worse. I mean, arguably, it depends like if you're saying you're Obamacare term versus you're not Obamacare term. I guess I could come up with the math. But the projection at these things, Oh yeah, I know. He just he wants you to give him control of stuff because he's promised you to make it better. You're not going to do that, are you? I don't know. You just turn to in your administration turned over a third of uh was no, I'm sorry, it's a six of the US economy. You know, there's Obamacare as well as the new regulations.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Locally, busy day. I think a lot of folks from the Triad maybe taking that trip to Ashborough go see Trump and Vance and there's you know, no doubt there's gonna be a lot of excuse me, a lot of opportunities throughout North Carolina. I'm sure leading up to election day because North Carolina, excuse me, the hiccups now, really this is what we're doing. Excuse me? Unacceptable? All right, So, yeah, there's gonna be a lot of these opportunities. So Ashborough and there's what at least one event that had to be rescheduled, right or two. I think Wilmington was one, and then the Raleigh one. So they're coming fast and furious any of you all making the trip down there. It's a nice day for it, I mean, grand scheme of things. Is it the aviation music? I don't know, is it outside? Is it inside? You have to forgive me, I'm not familiar with the size of the museum down there, but you know, you couldn't pick a better day for an outside Now you didn't want to work anyway, what are you doing? So if you want to go to that, let you know. Spy reports are always appreciated the next day. So, but that's probably not the biggest news in North Carolina that, my friends, is coming at you. Right here over in the food section, bo Jangles has announced that they're gonna start selling chicken wings. Now it says for a limited time, but you know how these things go, oh or limited time and then all right, for a little time more and a little time more, and then they'll milk in a lot of times to leave it on. I don't know if Bojanngle's going.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: I have to think that you're going to have to do some interesting shuffling and shifting in your cooking procedure. But I also I don't know that being said, anyone interested in trying the bow Jngles wing does that have any appeal to you? I don't know. Wings are tough, man. I'm trying to think of good like good fast food wings that I enjoy. I'm not like a wing snob, but sometimes if it ain't really your thing, those are you get the best wings where they're just like you see the name of the shop, it's called Wings, right, and then you're gonna get some winners in there. I'm trying to think of even or does Zaxby's is where you got those wings at one time?
Speaker 6: Used to before they got rid of their like super high sauce. And then I was like, boo this and they're buffalo sauce in it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Is it like really buffalo sauce? It's it's depressing. Oh well, And by the way, so Bojangles they're gonna have barbecue, Okay, creamy buffalo and classic buff what's the difference between creamy and classic? Is you just stick some ranch in there?
Speaker 12: Or what?
Speaker 1: I don't know how They also are going to they're coming out with their own housemade ranch and they say, even though the wings are temporary for the football season, they're gonna have some They're going to keep the ranch around. And now the high schools, how many of you really enjoy dipping things in ranch that have no business being dipped in ranch? And I'll tell you the peak of this. Did you guys, did you guys ross at your school have the square pizza that they would serve. Yes we did. And did you get a big old bowl of ranch to dip it in? Or did others do that? Because that was pretty much the norm at my school. It was the only time the kids would go near the salad bar to loot the ranch. And then on pizza day with those square pizzas, you just fold them and dip them right in there. So I'm trying to think which Bojangles breakfast sandwich would most benefit from a giant pile of ranch to dip it in, and obviously not from a health perspective, probably not good for you. And I don't know those. The smoke sausage biscuits might be good. I do love those. Let's see here, Yes, we got a smoke sausage biscuit. I don't know, it's just anything with the egg gun. It's probably not gonna work for me. Bow rounds would probably be amazing in there. Bow rounds dipped and ranched draut. I want that right now, dude. We gotta tell whoever handles advertising for Bowjangles we need We're gonna need some wings brought to the station. Uh, So it'll be route to do to do, or we'll come pick them up. Now here's the only thing. You're not gonna get a small amount of them, because I'm looking at the thing here. The wings come in packs of twenty, forty or sixty, so it's more of the tailgate stuff. How many of you do the bow tailgate stuff that is a staple of the tailgate group there at NC State that I spent way too many, way too many minutes getting way too hammered in the morning, well not hammered, but a little buzzed before walking into a football stadium. Somebody nevitly would always bring the big bow party box.
Speaker 6: I'm happy they're starting at the twenty though, because when it did used to go at the Zaxbyause. I think they had him in like six, twelve, yeah, and twenty, and when I would ask for the twenty, they'd be like, oh my god, you want all twenty of them?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, I don't want six. What I'm gonna do with wings? Who is yeah? Says that that's your girlfriend who tells you she's not hungry and doesn't want anything. She'll eat six wings just off your plate. Man, what are you talking about? Sixty? Yeah, so twenty forty sixty Okay, all right. I know some people like to do the thing where they like the lower counts. So if they could get twelve wings or like, I'll take four of each flavor, which has to be just incredibly annoying for who's cooking. It's like, can you just commit? But if you want to try all of them? I guess I would understand that. I guess you can get them as part of a combo. I have to assume that they're gonna be part as a combo meal. There's not gonna be twenty wings in there, so you may they may still exist. So let's see here I'm saying. So they announced that yesterday, and then he also announced that Bojngles is spreading to California. Great, don't let them influence you. Stay strong bow Jngles. But yeah, yeah, no, I'll be down with that h for sure. And if somebody does, what are they what are they starting? We're gonna need some spy reports on this too. Look, being able to find good wings is not always that easy, depending on the time of the day. What is this? Can they beat Hooters? I think?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel okay, So.
Speaker 6: I actually only have one complaint about Bojngles because most of the time, if you ask me is a bow time, I'm gonna tell you it's bow time.
Speaker 1: I text you in the morning sometimes like yeah, I know, it's great, it's bow time.
Speaker 6: So the problem is I go in there and I you know, I'll order a meal for monkey, myself and for Lincoln, and then they give me three separate boxes. But no bad like put the boxes in a bag because then I'm walking out of the car to the house and it's like, I feel like I'm gonna drop the boxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point you just have to urse you get everyone out, But like, yeah, that's unforgivable. Yeah, I don't. I'll tell you this is a weird thing. And it's funny that you mentioned it. There's one thing that Bojangles does that annoys me in the morning. And if I go just get a combo, right, so you're gonna get the bag because you're got the bow rounds, whatever sandwich is in there. They always tape the receipt to the outside of the bag. And I don't know why it annoys me, so because when I'm trying to grab the bag, now I'm grabbing the receipt and I've on more than one occasion grabbed the bag and the receipt has been in my hand too, and it slipped or it broke off and then the bag dropped. And that's probably a me problem, but it happened one time, and it was very tragic for what I was trying to eat. So it stuck with me. I got PTSD over it. Okay, good, somebody sending me pictures of the Okay, so they have the hangar from the stealth bomber at this that the thing, and I should go visit as time as an Ashville. I just ended up eating at a bunch of places because I guys, let me show you some places, and I'm just like, all right, and then we never went to any of this stuff. Oh let's see here. Yeah, yeah, you probably put a big old rally in there. Dude, Trump should roll in in a stealth bomber. But don't you say it. Where's he gonna land?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: It's a it's there's a lot of technology, don't understand. I'm sure it'll be fine. Yeah that wins the internet. You wouldn't do that, all right, So there you go. There's your little North Carolina news for you, but we'd uh go ahead and get that uh up for you. And UH my new nightmare is uh is evolving because once again we predicted it here on this show and everyone's like, dah, it's you're crazy. You're just you're looking at No, No, one hundred percent and this file is undercoming for your kids. I'll give you the details next. This is the the predictive path of what I have been saying since day. I know I sound like the uh, you know, one of these anti tech guys, but I'm not. But I recognize that AI is so powerful, it will so integrate into every aspects of our lives that it has to be done correctly. And it is an absolute comedic endeavor. Every time they do an update on one of these ais, it's clearly biased to the point of absurdity. So you're making black female Asian Nazis right because you don't want to offend anybody. Where you can ask about, you know, who's the president, who is the former president, they'll skip over Donald Trump every step of the way because largely the training materials that is using are you know, basically being put together at the behest of a bunch of leftist programmers. It's comical. I know that Musk and groc are trying to do their thing. I got that, But you know, the reality is there's still somewhat hamstrung by a lot of the learning tools out there. You know, you put in bad, outcomes bad and so the idea that you would use it to dictate policy or insurance rates or your kid's education is kind of a terrifying concept right now, unless you love it, unless you love the inherent bias in there. So you know this is what they're talking about. How are North Carolina school is going to use AI? Let me ask you a question. What was if you needed to know something when you were in school? What would your teacher tell you to do to find out about it? And I think most of us on this show, for the most part, as certainly anyone Ross's age, her eyes older. You go look at the encyclopedia, right, you go and you pull the thing. I remember when everyone's trying to use the encyclopedia school too, and you had to wait, or you would pick a subject that was in a book that people weren't using.
Speaker 6: We had the Encyclopedia Britannica at my house, but we had it up to the letter G. So whenever we had to like choose subjects for papers or for for class, I had to choose something between the letters A and G.
Speaker 1: Your teachers are why do you keep writing about our books? My passion? Listen? Man, those books are expensive? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't We didn't have I think we had some old used random that my grandparents gave us and I but they were like, I don't know if the the you know, the Invention of Electricity it was in there. They were sold. But yeah, man, those were the breaks. I remember standing in the library at my middle school, Clear Creek, Clear Creek Middle School in Buffalo, Wyoming, and I had been gone, I had been out the day before or something, and the teacher was like, hey, you need we're doing reports. Go ahead and pick a topic. It's got to be kind of on this and uh, because she was ready to teach us to use the encyclopedia, why show up? And it's like X is there? What's the one that had three letters? That one's there right, and just like Jay's there and I'm having to sit there and I'm like, well, yes, I'm writing about and then I can't remember what it was. But the difference is now, imagine those encyclopedias were wrong half the time. Imagine especially when it got two more important topics. Imagine that they were provably wrong, inaccurate, giving bad information, giving fake information, leaving information out. Would you, in a learning environment give that to students as their supposed reference. That would be lunacy if I had If you had a book and it was half of it was wrong, patently wrong, and you sourced it in in some sort of college paper or whatever it is a high school reports a teacher, you should be like, because the facts are going to be spitting out wrong stuff, right, and so you're encouraging kids to go with AI. You got to be very careful with this or sometimes it just makes stuff up. Yeah, the lawyer thing was crazy. Remember the lawyer thing? I got the Jordan Peterson thing. Oh, hold on, what's the Jordan Peters day.
Speaker 6: Jordan Peterson was was talking about some subject, trying to debate that the AI and he's you know, obviously he's a doctor and he knows what he's talking about. Whatever the subject was, and the AI, I think with Chad GBT at the time, was just making up court cases that didn't exist because they.
Speaker 1: Wanted to win.
Speaker 6: And Peterson was like, you know, trying to call out the AI, saying that doesn't exist. You're making this up, and eventually the AI admitted to it. Would you feel, yes, okay, I do remember this? Yeah you got me right, It's like you got And there's other examples that. The other thing with the lawyer I was talking about is there was some lawyer who was I don't know, busy, didn't want to write his paper or a filing, so he just had chat GPT do it, and it came up with an amazingly compelling series of you know, case law and everything handed to the judge, and the judges like, yeah, none of these are real. So I don't know how much lawyering that dude's doing, but so on no planet, I think with the current the current way AI is spinning out information, it's clearly an accurate Would I trust this as a as being explained to my kid as a you know, one of these best practices for gathering information.
Speaker 1: Because it's not now, if it's a starting point, you want to do a program to teach kids about how that thing AI said may or may not be true. Let's figure out other ways to prove it. That's fine, because I am a proponent that what schools need to be teaching is how to learn. I think that that is the most productive stuff for me, especially in this job, is developing a clear and some of it's instructed by the education I had. Some of it's just you know, on the job stuff. But being able to quickly and efficiently attempt to check the veracity of something, it's so important. And you have to have a healthy sense of skepticism. If you tell kids, oh, no, you're just plugging in the AI the A I'll tell you, and they go, okay, that sounds good, then you're gonna have a whole bunch of them going no, I said this hypothetic. Let's say, Ross, you and I are walking in bear country, okay, for whatever reason, I don't know how we got there. We got there. We're strolling around lots of bears about and I'm talking brown bears, grizzly bears, right, not the little whispbag of black bears. All right, So we're walking. All of a sudden a bear attacks you. You want me to try to shoot it or not. You're being literally attacked by a bear. Like the DiCaprio in that movie, I probably would imagine, guess, yeah, okay, well what happens if I hit the bear, but I also hit you? You're gonna hold that against me? Did I live? You lived? Yeah? I know, it's great. Thank you for shooting the bear? Yeah? Okay, sure that so? Yeah? Yeah, you know I really did not want to die via bear? Oh did didn't?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you had to pick away, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, it would be pretty bad ass. But you know, for now, I've.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like three generations down, they'd be like, oh, Grandpa Roscot eaten by a bear. Yeah, so I think that's kind of what happened here. I have I have seen a situation. I have seen a situation where a dude damn near shot a bear that was close to somebody and he didn't, and he shouldn't have, by the way, frankly would have gotten in trouble for it. But it was it was very uncomfortable because the bear was behind the dude. And for those of you who shoot, you understand why. That's Even when aiming at the bear, it gets really comfortable because you're aiming basically it's your buddy, and it was a bear that was tearing up a hill and it wasn't coming for us. It was pretty clear that it was trying to basically get out of this crick bottom and move its way down, which most bears will do. They don't want to, they don't want to screw with you. But all of a sudden, I look over, my buddies literally got his scope rifle pointed out this. But he's also pointing near, very close to this other dude who has no idea why. Initially, and that being said, if it descended upon him, that's pandemonium he got to deal with. Well, here we go a thirty two year old Alaskan hunter recovering from a brown bear attack and a gunshot wound sustained Saturday after he struggled with the beast. During the attack on appropriately named a resurrection pass in Alaska. The bear seriously injured the hunter, who also sustained a gunshot wound. However, officials are not sure whether the gunshot wound was from that hunter's rifle which discharged or he attempted to discharge, or his hunting buddies, And for whatever reason, they don't have it in the story. So I think if you do do that, you also have to be sworn to secrecy there. But at least these guys were ready to the extent that she can be the next folks I'm going to tell you about. This is Darwin trying to do its thing and you all not letting it happen. This is this is the exact kind of tourist crap we'd see out in Wyoming that I could never wrap my head around. Now this is Colorado, but same death and where is this what part of college?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: San Miguel County, Okay, So you know that is DURINGO all right. So anyway, so this group of extreme backpackers shows up. Now I didn't know what an extreme backpacker was. I thought it was a dude who walked the t you know, the app trail with the mountain dew code red or something. But that is not it. A literal guide service brings people in so that they can go off on solo finding solo finding missions. It's a good point. If your woman's attacked and she's previously chosen the bear, you gotta let that play out. Yeh, that's a fair point. You don't want to respect her wishes. Anyway, back to this, so I was trying to wrap my head around this, and I actually went to the website of the Lone Cone whatever Trail Masters or whatever this organization is. So this is what they do. They get a bunch of people and they go into the back country. And I need to point out that the backcountry or wilderness area you may hear that referenced out in the West, those are two very very specifically different areas versus your normal woods. Okay. In fact, in the state of Wyoming, areas that are designated wilderness areas are off limits to unguided non residents and Wyoming residents are allowed to so you can be a guided person from wherever with a certified Wyoming guide, which I was at one point. I just hold a guide's license so I could do this, and or a resident of Wyoming. Why cause you are so far back in there, you're the likelihood of you encountering another person is near zero. I can think of one time that I have ever been in what is known as the Cloud Peak Wilderness area and unintentionally found somebody. I've had coordinates for camps where we go, we meet up with people, but I've never been back there except for one time where I ran across another group and we were both like kind of like how this happened? It's that remote. And so what this group does is it encourages people who want to simplify backpacking, including a fifty three year old woman from Canada who was part of a group of a li eleven campers who signed up for the service. When you get there, they take you back to the very end trailheads, so you've driven as far back as you can go, and then you set off, but you don't set off together. Part of the experience is each backpacker then heads off in a different direction by themselves. The total trip is supposed to be four days, and to save weight on your pack, they give you no food. Yeah yeah, I shouldn't say no food. Hold on the pack that you're provided with because again you want the rough ingit experience. You are provided with the following, an emergency blanket, a whistle, a power bar, and two things of water. That's it. That's everything you get to pack with you. And so you get the power bar I guess as an emergency, but you're not supposed to eat anything. So it's part of a fasting holistic experience is a bunch of hippie garbage. Right here. You'll notice there's no gun. They give them a whistle. There's no way I'm walking into the back country with no gun. That's just not gonna happen. I can't fathom it. Thankfully, I haven't had to use it in a super serious manner, but I have used it that was legal in what I did. But you know, the fact remains, like I go and I get stuff to eat, is what I'm saying. With a hunting license, so kiss it. But so she's like, and then this is a service and they just have them walk off in all different directions. Well, you're going to be shocked to learn this woman got lost back there and they couldn't find her. And so the state of Colorado and Sammugeo County had to organize a full press search and we're talking helicopters, K nine teams, volunteers, rescue crews from a variety of different counties so they can find this absolute moron who decided to walk into the middle of wilderness in the middle of Colorado, files from anybody so that she could quote rough it, like you know, like she saw bear grills and she's like, I got this, and then the amount of money they had to spend to recover this woman. This This files under the what I think should be the idiot exemption for search and rescue. If you do something so inherently dumb and create a situation there's so inherently dangerous, why should I the taxpayer have to rescue you. You remember that, You remember the family that set off during COVID and like a little rinky dink sailboat from California and they're like, we're going to sail to the South Pacific. And I don't think they made it out of international water into international waters where they had to be rescued. And it was a whole expensive thing because it's such a small boat. You're trying to find them. If you walk into a wilderness area in the western United States, if you walk into parts of North Carolina, but North Carolina did you can't but you can't fathom it. Even the most remote part of North Carolina is like a suburb of Wyoming. It's just that des you know, deserted by people, lots of critters. But if you walk in there with it one gridola bar, two bottles of water, a rape whistle and a blank You didn't have a tent. She's got a damn emergency blanket. Well, what are you doing? You don't deserve to be rescued. Frankly, I don't know how that person holds an outfitter's license, because part of your deal when you get an outfitters or a guide license, and I technically had both. Is so much of it is not about hey, can you find your poop? It's what do you do in these emergency situations? How do you keep your guests safe? What if there is this happens? What do you do then? And then yeah, you need to know things like what are edible plants? And you know best practices for like I can distill. I can distill water from a creek even if I think there's something in it without equipment, you know, through a series of rocks and heated stuff. I don't even need a pot to do it. Like, these are little things you have to know. This woman had no clue and they found her essentially huddling under her blanket like four days later. So there you go. Don't do that. It's not even good enough weather for going to remote camping with no supplies. Who does that? Who goes out to Colorado. I need to find myself holistically, be one with mother Guya. Well, mother Guya doesn't give a crap when you're out there in the in the in the wilderness areas of the Western United States.
Speaker 13: No, and thank you for introducing that word gaya. I mean a lot of people probably don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: Oh you knew what it was?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I did. Well, it just it brought me back to my college. There was actually, oh glass, we had Oceanis and Gaya was the name of the class.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh well see, bring no thanks, I'm good. Much money they have to be making, so I'm sure they're charging standard rate and they're giving their cost is a granola bar two bottles away. License to excuse me anyway?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, yeah, yeah, go ahead, take care of yourself, but I'll take this.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, great weather next few days.
Speaker 13: The mountains have been in the forties this morning, and probably a couple more mornings of that and fifties for the Triad to the Triangle. Some beautiful weather continuing for the rest of the week upper seventies, low eighties on average, loads in the fifties. The change coming will be over the weekend with temperatures still mostly sunny, middle eighties, maybe pushing the upper eighties in some spots by Sunday, and then we're back in the low nineties early next week. Really not much going on even out the beaches now where things have settled down after our Nesto kind of kicked up the surf a little bit. There are some storms yesterday towards southeastern parts of the state now into the coastal parts of South Carolina, but today they should be rain free.
Speaker 1: It's the way.
Speaker 13: But if you're making the trip, the weekend is gonna look great. But remember we are getting into the peak months of the hurricane season September and October right now. Nothing else developing there, but toward the first week in September it looks like the main development region something maybe trying to develop. Some of the suggestions are about forty to sixty percent longer range at the Hurricane Center puts out on one of their models, So no giving on I mean, I don't know this casey number of names swarms was supposed to be above average in about twenty five through or Nesto, so that's six or seven. Well, it's got to get awful busy, and it can and it might in October or September, October, November. But yeah, we'll see if they make any adjustments to the seasonal forecasts.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't. Hope they you mean golf trip to Florida, because not there'll be like three country. Yeah, yeah, go ahead, you've got something up, all right, all right, we'll look into that. Thank you, sir, appreciate it. There you go. Raced agent coming up, Jeff Bellinger with a big correction, not on his stuff. But wait till you hear this the boy or boy you want to talk about a whoopsie, Jeff, this correction is something else, man. Yeah.
Speaker 11: The coming out the Bureau of Labor Statistics issuing its annual payrolls revision at ten o'clock this morning. It's expected to show the original estimates overstated the number of jobs in the US by a lot. Economists say at least six hundred thousand, maybe as many as a million. Stock market futures, though, are pointing higher this morning. Right across the board. The Dow futures are up seventy one. Lost a little ground on Wall Street yesterday, a high home prices maybe trumping easing interest rates. The Mortgage Bankers Association's index of applications to buy a home fell more than five percent last week to the lowest level since February. The average interest rate on a thirty year fixed rate loan fell to six point five zero percent. That's the lowest since May of last year. The high end of the housing market is doing well. Told Brothers posted a bigger that expected profit for the latest quarter. The home builder also raised its profit margin forecast and said demand for luxury homes is solid. Getting cash from an ATM that's not part of your bank's network's going to cost you. Bank rate reports out of network eight TM fees have hit a record high, the average four dollars and seventy seven cents per transaction. Now and casey, how much money would you need in order to consider yourself wealthy? Americans on average think it takes a net worth of at least two and a half million dollars to be considered wealthy this year. A year ago, people responding to the Charles Schwab Modern Wealth Survey said it would take two point two million dollars to be rich. When asked what it would take to be considered financially comfortable. The average response was seven hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, okay, I have a question real quick on the job counting. That's your job to count jobs, right, and you to come in from a variety of sorts. How do you screw it up that much with ours? Because people are s spiously saying it was intentional?
Speaker 11: So well, no, this is done every year. They say that this takes into account every job. The what we get month to month is not is not as accurate.
Speaker 1: And uh so this a million, you can buy a billion. I don't know a million.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: It could be that doction is that wrong? You'd be dead, Jeff? So this is true?
Speaker 5: Is true?
Speaker 1: Have a good one. I appreciate it. You too, by Yeah, no, it's totally not an appendix. It's fine. A million, a million jobs, six hundred thousand to a million, It doesn't change it. You have to adjust that much. How are people not supposed to think that you did that intentionally? Because if the alternative is you're so bad at your job, why do you have that job? All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: One more before we get out of here. Sorry, I was going to hit that with some other stuff, but I think Jeff filled it in Wait what hold on? Boston. Paul Beyonce has launched a new line of whiskey called Sir Davis. Yeah, I'll not be trying that. I don't know. I shouldn't say that somebody poured it for me. I mean it was whiskey after all. In Bourbon. By the way, if you're into the bourbons we have, we just I guess we started running promos for these, so I'll let you know. We're gonna be doing uh, a little little gathering. We'll get together litt some something. Thank you by the way to whoever told one of the salespeople in Greensboro it coincided with my birthday, which doesn't because then they started putting together as a birthday party. I don't know who did that, but somebody might have. But no, we're gonna have two a birthday. Dude. That's so exciting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had to explain to Greensboro it's not my birthday. I just heard it was your birthday. I'm excited about it. Have yourself a day, buddy, Are you coming? You're very busy, Yeah, you're very busy.
Speaker 1: So we got two events coming up one in Raleigh, one in Greensboro. Well, the one in Raleigh's up Wake Forest area, so we'll get your detail. Go to the website. So you're gonna have three birthdays. No, I'm not having three birthdays. I'm having two parties, none of which are birthday parties. Their listener meet and greets in both the Triad and the Triangle. It's coming up the week of the eighth, the ninth, the event in here we go. Sorry, there will be birthday cakes and singing. Correct, there will not be either of those, if I can help it. There will be bourbon, though, did I mention there's bourbon? So Wednesday or excuse me, Tuesday, October tenth is the Greensboro event. That's going to be a shot house right there in high Point as you're headed south by the airport. And then on Thursday, because I won't have had enough bourbon by then, because I'll start my broadcast. I'll deal my broadcast thing in Greensboro like I do regularly, so we'll coincide that