Speaker 1: Oh, be the.
Speaker 2: Trigger warner.
Speaker 1: This podcast may include explicit content.
Speaker 2: That will take you out of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listeners, discretion is advised. Hello, and welcome back to the show. This is a brand new mini series and I am absolutely excited to dive into it with you. Let me get my sun glass and phone. How's everyone doing out there? I am beyond excited. Actually, I have been writing my notes for the last few days and I think you're really gonna love this one. Welcome to Program to Kill Part one. This is kind of like my homage to David McGowan because I have just adored him for the longest in his research. And I know most people don't have time to read these days, but I always find myself in a corner somewhere with a book and the amount of information that I have learned just from David McGowan is completely retarded, like changed my life. I want to share a little bit of it with you. If you've already read the book, you're still going to enjoy the series. But I want to start us off actually with some quotes from Program to Kill that I thought were actually pretty interesting. The first one is from Richard Ramirez, the one and only knights Stalker. So the first quote here is you don't understand me, You are not expected to, you are not capable of it. I am beyond good and evil Legions of the Night, Night Breed, repeat not the errors of the Night Prowler, and show no mercy.
Speaker 3: End.
Speaker 2: Quote that was from Richard Ramirez. The next one is from David Son of Sam Bergowitz, and he said there are other sons out there, God help the world. And then Charles Manson says, what about your children. You say there are just a few, there are many, many more coming in the same direction. They are running in the streets and they are coming right at you. The next is from Theodore Robert Bundy, who said, the really scary thing is that there are a lot of people who are not in prison, a lot of people who are not in prison who were far more successful than I. And the very last quote is coming from Henry Lee Lucas who said, all across the country there are people just like me who set out to destroy human life. And that's where we're going to kind of dive right into with this series, is the thought that while yes there are serial killers, and yes I love a fucking good serial killer documentary just as much as the next person. Could there be something more to that? Are there actually serial killers or have we just been like it's like a syop on us. There is no serial killers. There are only people who have been programmed to kill. And then they make this big thing about like, oh, you know, the world was so safe and so nice, and people slept with their doors unlocked and nobody was scared to go to Walmart at two am before Jeffrey Dahmer, before Ted Bundy, before the Nightstalker. And it's like these people were used in a way to terrify us, and could they have been programmed to kill? So that's where we're going to pick right up with this series, and we're actually going to start with Henry Lee Lucas. Let's just dive right into it. So on June thirtieth, nineteen ninety eight, Henry Lee Lucas arguably the most prolific and certainly one of the most sadistic serial killers in American crime, and commonly known as the confession killer if you watch the Netflix documentary. He was scheduled for execution by the state of Texas and given the advocacy of the death penalty by then Governor George W. Bush. Things were not looking too good for old Henry Right. Bush had not granted clemency to any condemned man throughout his tenure as governor. Actually, in fact, no governor of any state at any time in the history of the country had carried out more judicial executions than Governor Bush, which shouldn't surprise anyone at all. But anyways, Texas was definitely not the place to be for a fucking dude in Henry Lee Lucas position, and considering the nature of Henry Lee's crimes, there was pretty much nothing that would stand in the way of his scheduled execution. Henry Actually, he did not attract any high profile supporters the way that a serial killer named Carla Fay Talker did. And if you're not familiar with her, Carla was a woman sentenced to death for killing two people with a pick axe during a burglary, and even personal appeals to Bush himself failed to dissuade him from proceeding on schedule with fucking Carla Talker's execution. And they do say that, you know, she brutally killed two people with a pick axe, whatever, whatever, But The crazy thing is Henry should have been particularly fucked since his crimes were of a shockingly brutal nature. Not just two people with a pickaxe during a burglary, he was fucking This was on a whole nother level, including rape, torture, mutilation, dismemberment, necrophilia, cannibalism, and pedophilia. And his tally of victims ran as high as three to six hundred by some accounts. And what seems certain is that Lucas, frequently working with his partn Otis Toole, who was a self described arsonist and cannibal, savagely murdered dozens of victims of various ages, races, and genders. So everyone was pretty fucking certain that Henry was getting exa fucking cuted. Right, if the lady who murdered two people with a pick axe is getting it, Henry's definitely get But then out of nowhere, right, The most remarkable thing happened on June eighteenth, just twelve days before Henry's scheduled demise, Fucking Governor Bush made a special request that the Texas State Board of Pardons and Paroles, whose members were all Bush appointees. By the Way Review Henry's case, and wouldn't you fucking know, eight days later, the Board, for whatever fucking reason, issued a recommendation that Henry's execution not take place. And then the next day, just three days short of Henry's scheduled exit from this world, fucking Henry Lee Lucas became the first and ultimately the only recipient of Governor Bush's compassionate conservatism, as they called it. And I mean, this is so fucking bizarre to me and everyone else, right, but what did they say? Well, the official rationale for this fucking act of mercy was that the evidence on which Henry Le Lucas was sentenced did not support his conviction. What the fuck interesting, isn't it? Because the board also said there was a possibility that Henry was in fact innocent of the crimes for which he was convicted. But see the problem here is that many of the one hundred and fifty plus Death Row inmates who did not receive special attention prior to their executions had evidence supporting their claims of innocence, and yet their appeals to Governor Bush were met with complete scorn and mockery. So why, oh why had Bush suddenly developed a keen interest in not executing innocent quote unquote convicts or was this a one off? And why with Henry Lee Lucas, And why, oh why once Henry's life was spared, did Bush instantaneously lose his interest being all noble and shit and began giving his stamp of approval on every single execution order that crossed his desk, including one for a fucking great grandmother in her sixties who was convicted of killing her chronically abusive husband. So Gam Gam gets the chair for sticking it to our old man. But Henry Lee Lucas, who was eating, necrophiling, murdering, raping, dismembering, and torturing hundreds of people, he gets off the hook. So why is it that Henry was granted full clemency rather than just a temporary stay of execution during which his case could have been reviewed. Do you know how rare that is? I mean, I've been looking into serial killers and shit for the longest and I had never come across that before. Not even they didn't even say like, oh, we're gonna do a temporary stay. He gets full clemency and he's saying he's killed upward to six hundred people, like, literally, do you know how rare that is? That's like eating Taco Bell and having a normal shit the next day. It just doesn't happen. Ask my boyfriend, Taco Bell shit hit different. Okay, but anyways, let's just play pretend here, and let's just say what if Henry Lee Lucas was in fact falsely convicted, and what if his innocence was so obvious that Governor Bush had no choice but to commute Henry's sentence? What does that say about the Texas criminal justice system and the ease with which it sends innocent men to their deaths. Are we really supposed to believe that Henry's case is an isolated event and that none of the other men put to death during Bush's reign had equally credible claims of innocence. Are we really supposed to believe that? And what are we supposed to make of the fact that, while Henry had been convicted of no fewer than eleven homicides, the only deasence he ever received was the one that the governor had no problem setting aside just that one. Are we supposed to believe that Henry le Lucas is the luckiest motherfucker to ever live. It's just not adding up. He said he killed upwards of six hundred people, only got convicted on eleven and the one death sentence he got on the just the one. Bush was like, yeah, I'm gonna let that one skirt. It's just not adding up. So get this shit. Henry had at one time been scheduled to stand trial for four additional homicides, crimes for which his partner Otis Toole had already been convicted. On the trial, however, was fucking canceled on economic grounds quote unquote said to be a fucking waste of taxpayer money. Since Henry was already scheduled to die. What the fuck they did it to Ted Bundy, no problem, They gave his ass two death sentence. He was already fucking convicted and fucking got the death penalty for the Florida girls when the fucking Florida fucking Sorority girls. When they tried him again for Kimberly Leech, who he then got convicted of killing and got another death sentence. So it's not outside the realm of possibility that you can get two death sentences for two separate crimes. But all of a sudden, they're like, oh, let's not waste taxpayer money. He's already scheduled to die, but then out of nowhere, it gets overturned and he gets to walk. Seems like mister Henry Lee Fuckstick is being protected from on high. And it actually reminds me of a show my boyfriend had me watch called True Detective. If you haven't watched it, it's amazing. It much encapsulated year's worth of this research into one season of this show. The writer is probably most definitely hip to some shit, there's no doubt in my mind. And it occurred to me while watching it that some of these country fucks you wouldn't even blink an eye at as being connected to some high level idiots, they're actually the ones doing the bidding of some of these top dogs. Like I want to know if Henry is Bush's fucking second cousin twice removed or some shit like that, because it wouldn't surprise me anyways. Was Henry just extraordinarily lucky to have his only death sentence set aside by a governor who handed out death sentences like fucking t shirts out of blood drive? Or was there something more at work in this Henry Lee Lucas case. I mean, surely there had to be some why Bush would take uncharacteristic actions to spare the life of a man who had led a life of such barbaric brutality. But don't get me wrong, this was certainly not the first time the criminal justice system had shown such inexplicable leniency towards Henry Lee Lucas. The first big break for Henry actually came in June nineteen seventy, when he was released early from a sentence he was then serving following his first murder conviction. So he was sentenced to twenty to forty years, but he was released after serving only ten. Kind of reminds me of the Mark du Troux case. But anyways, so that was actually just after he appeared before the parole board and explained to them clearly that he was not ready to turn to society and would surely kill again if he was released. And out of the mouth of babes, Henry himself told it like this, the questioning something like this, he said, They said, now, mister Lucas, I must ask you, if we grant your parole, will you kill again? And he said yes, sir, if you release me now, I will kill again. I mean really, I can just hear it. Like, Henry, are you really sure you're still a rape and murdering, dismembering, necrophilic cannibal. Henry, Yes, I love murder. I'm a murdering son of a bitch. But like in a metaphorical way, Henry, Uh no, I would physically murder you and then eat your corpse. Oh stop it, they're so dramatic. Can we get this guy a cigarette? We got a fucking comedian over here. Why he's saying I will murder people's asses if you let me out, you know. But the board went ahead and decided that ten years was an adequate amount of time to serve for the crime of killing his own mother. His own mother, okay, And within a year of his release, Henry found himself right back in prison after attempting to abduct a little girl. And despite his prior criminal record, which began long before the killing of his mother, Lucas served just four years before again being granted an early release, this time in August nineteen seventy five. Beginning shortly thereafter and continuing for nearly eight fucking years, Henry and his new bestie Otis committed an untold number of lurid crimes, and so Henry was finally arrested in October nineteen eighty two on suspicion of committing two murders, but again was promptly fucking released. He was not arrested again for the last time until June nineteen eighty three, y'all. And after the final arrest, Henry was taken on two or so to speak, by various law enforcement officials around the country, during which time he confessed to committing some six hundred murders in twenty six states. So Henry was being used to essentially clear up troublesome unsolved murders in places he had never even been, which there comes the Netflix documentary The Confession Killer. That's where that comes from. Henry actually, though, seem to have like a pretty cozy relationship with his captors, particularly the Texas Rangers, and he provided a valuable service to them by taking the fucking rap for an amazing array of murders. All they had to do was slip him a happy meal, and he confessed to anything they put in front of him. For Pakasig's two chicken tenders, and a frosty. He would literally confess to anything. Don't get me wrong, I love a frosty just as much as the next guy. But this is just insanity. But anyways, that alone does not explain the personal attention given to Henry by Governor Bush. So for that, we need to look at some of the more infrequently noted details of Henry's life story, many of which had been provided by Henry Lee Lucas himself. Henry, as it turns out, has some very interesting tales to tell. Now, just a couple of years into his incarceration, he told his story in a book written for him by this sympathetic author who just had a big heart on for the guy. Apparently. The book was entitled The Hand of Death. The Henry Lee Lucas story tells of Henry's indoctrination into a nationwide Satanic cult. That's right, folks, you heard it here on the Cult ex Cosmic. I'm going there. I think that this may be the answer to the serial killer myth. And it all starts with Henry. Well, maybe not starts with Henry, but our research starts with Henry, and then we're going to connect the dots on some other serial killers, so here we go. Henry Lee Lucas claimed that he was trained by this satanic colt in a mobile parliamentary training camp in the Florida Everglades. He said his training included instruction in abduction and arson techniques, as well as in the fine art of killing up close and personal. Henry further claimed that the leaders of the camp were so impressed with his handling of a knife that he was allowed to serve as an instructor and following his training, Henry Lee Lucas claimed that he served the cult in various ways, including as a contract killer and as an abductor of children, whom he delivered to a ranch in Mexico near Juarez. Kind of reminds me of the Finders Club, but anyways, once there, they were used in the production of you Guessed It, child pornography and for ritual sacrifices. Bet you didn't catch that in the Netflix documentary, did you?
Speaker 3: But so.
Speaker 2: Henry has said that this cult's operations were based in Texas and included trafficking in children and drugs, among other illegal pursuits. And what Henry claimed was essentially that what appeared to be the random work of a serial killer, was in fact a planned series of crimes, often committed for specific purposes, and according to Henry, some of the murders were political hits, including assassinations of foreign dignitaries, local politicians, and wealthy businessmen. This was not true for all of Henry Lee Lucas's crimes, but still some he probably just did because that's what he liked to do, and it was the one thing he was really good at. Why couldn't he just be really good at badminton or something, you know. But so, the beauty of this arrangement was that it allowed Henry Lee Lucas to conceal the true motive for many of his crimes. Those performed as contract hits looked like all of his fucking murders, senseless and random acts of violence. In Henry's version of events, it was Otis Tool who was responsible for Henry's recruitment and training by the cult and for many of the pair's exploits thereafter, and interestingly, in all the standard biographies of the pair, Otis Tool is said to have been Henry Lee Lucas's severely retarded partner that just fucking tagged along. It is, though quite clear from reading an interview granted by Tool to a journalist that he was not, by any means fucking retarded, uneducated, no doubt, but certainly not severely retarded. More forrest gumpy if you will. He knows what murder is Jena. But so Otis Tool was able to express himself quite clearly and displayed a substantial level of knowledge about the practices of Satanism, which isn't really so prizing given that he was written to have been quote raised as the devil's child by his satanist's grandmother end quote. Doesn't know how to make a fucking grilled cheese, but he can open a portal into Satan's bosoms. It's the simple things, you know. But so Otis Toole described a childhood that was complete with all the trappings of satan tic rich He well, abuse, here we go, right. He told of being forced to have sex with numerous members of his family and others, including his father, his stepfather, his stepfather's friends, his older sister Drusilla, and his fucking Graham Graham, who lived with Otis's father as man and wife, although they were actually mother and Sutton. That is said to have been a member of a multi generational death cult. Bet you didn't see that one come in old gam gam, fucking incestuous, fucking gam gam, living as husband and wife with her own son, and was a lifelong member of a multi generational death cold Wooo. I'm telling you, the research on this is never ending. You just keep digging and keep finding more stuff. And dude, you guys have to watch True Detective. It's almost like the story of Henry Lee and or Otis. But anyways, Otis Tool once explained to an interviewer how he had been involved in all this since he was a child through the cult. You know, that was a quote, And he has spoken of just like all the fucking episodes prior to this, having urine poured on him, eating dog meat, eating fucking human shit, watching two cats fight to their death while their blood dripped down upon him. You know, the typical SRA country walk, babysitting, service finders club bullshit. You know, typical West Virginia Wednesday night for him. Otistool also had this to say of his childhood years, quote, I used to go with my grandmother into graveyards. We used to dig up all kinds of bones, and she used to take the bones and do devil worship end quote. He also told of being forced into a grave to pluck the bones from a freshly rotting corpse on some wrong turn. He'lls have eyes fucking deliverance type shit and dude. Young Otis was frequently dosed with barbituates, and he said that he used to hear voices split personality anyone. So Otistool's older sister, Drusilla, spent time in a mental hospital, after which she reportedly committed the old suicide and wouldn't you know Her children were placed in the care of uncle Otis and his bestie Henry Lee Lucas, and two of them. Two of the kids, Frieda and Frank Powell, accompanied Henry Lee Lucas an Otistool on their homicidal wanderings and were forced to watch them and at times even participate in the rape, killing and mutilation of innocent victims. So Frieda, also known as Becky, ended up scaut in a field after suffering years of sexual abuse at the hands of Henry Lee Lucas and Otis toole. She got black Dahliad all right, which we'll get into that in a second, but Frank fared slightly better. He didn't get dahliad, but he was committed to a mental hospital. You would need to be after some shit like that. A third sibling, though, Sarah Pearce, who shared with her uncle Otis a passion for Arson, was convicted and imprisoned for arsening up and down the country. But you know, Lucas also suffered through an incomprehensibly abusive childhood. In fact, when it comes to early childhood abuse, there are few parents a future serial killers who can compare her to the one and only Viola Lucas, Henry's mother. So severe was her physical abuse Henry that he once slipped into a coma for a day following a devastatingly brutal beating, and on another occasion, through a combination of abuse and neglect, Henry lost one of his fucking eyeballs. Dude. Viola was actually, as in the case with the mothers of many serial killers, a raging prostitute, right and she fucking routinely entertained her little customers in the presence of Henry, who was forced to watch and get this. Viola also dressed Henry up as a girl for the first seven years of his life and prostituted him out to her fucking customers seven years old. It makes me fucking sick. It's fucking disgusting. Okay, and Otis Toole, since we're talking about it, has also spoken of being forced to dress as a girl. So this inversion of the sexist thing is not a new idea. It actually goes hand in hand with satanic ritual abuse. And though Henry and Otis represent extreme cases, their horrific childhoods should not come as much of a surprise. I mean, I think most of you out there are aware of the fact that most serial killers have suffered some kind of abusive childhoods, and it has become something of a cliche, and it is a fact that is acknowledged in most serial killer biographies, and it is usually followed by the caveat that such a childhood history does not excuse subsequent actions. I mean, it is a thing that Western society preaches that we are ultimately responsible for our own actions. Scapegoating society or a horrendously abusive childhood is simply not acceptable. I mean, do we not, after all, act of our own free will, regardless of our past? That is definitely what we have been conditioned to believe. But my question to you what is but what if we actually don't act of our own free will? What if a lifetime of being bombarded with propaganda has to some extent deprived all of us of that ability? And what if some of us have been completely robbed of the ability to exercise free will. What if suffering through a chronically abusive childhood lays the groundwork for that to occur. What if i Iola Lucas was right when she told Henry quote, I'm going to teach you the beauty of pain, and you're going to be my slave for the rest of your life end quote. And what if Henry could only break the bonds of that slavery by killing dear old mom. And finally, what if by killing her Lucas only succeeded in acquiring a new slave master. What are we to make of Henry's bizarre tale of being a contract killer? Seems like if by killing his mom it arose in him this compulsion, he would be a perfect candidate for that type of training. And what's crazy about it is what about Henry's other stories, you know, including the one about being a close friend to fucking Jim Jones of the People's Temple cool aiding it up, dude, I am not kidding. Henry Lee Lucas claimed on numerous occasions that it was he who was taken on age Harder plane to Guyana to personally deliver the saani to Jim fucking Jones that was allegedly used in the infamous Jonestown massacre. What the fuck are we supposed to do with those kind of stories? Could Henry have been telling the truth about being a contract killer? His connections are pretty suspect, including George double.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if so, did the contracts he was receiving have some kind of government connection because of like I said, George W. Bush.
Speaker 2: Henry did not flat out address that in his book, but the training campus he described it clearly had military connections, and Henry has explicitly stated that the cult included among its members various socially prominent individuals, including high level politicians. Could that be the reason for the actions taken by fucking Governor George W. Bush in June nineteen ninety eight. Maybe we should just give Old Henry the last word on that. Here's a quote. They think I'm stupid but before all of this is over, everyone will know who's really stupid, and we'll see who the real criminals are.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 2: That is going to wrap up part one of Program to Kill. We are going to get even further into the biscuits and gravy in part two. Honestly, I don't even know how many parts there's gonna be to this one, because there's so much information that needs to be covered. It could be like six parts. I don't know. We'll see. We're gonna have a good time though, Right. What do you think of Henry Lee Lucas in this whole mind control contract killer business? Not convinced yet? Maybe by the next episode I can reveal some even more disturbing information that will change your mind. But until then, there is one very vital, important piece of information I need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't seem to face up through the bags. I'm tense and nervous and candle. I can't sleep because my bed's on fire.
Speaker 2: Do nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm a real live wire.
Speaker 3: Cycle killer.
Speaker 1: Cause you see better run, Run, Run, Run Run.
Speaker 3: Cycle killer.
Speaker 2: Just see.
Speaker 1: A better run run, Run, Run, Run Run Run Intinus stages in