Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast.
Speaker 2: My good friend Jose Santa Maria, a good friend, a native of Spain, worked for the banks in Spain and his home originally in Spain and lives in New York. He's an investment banker. Well, Jose, how do you feel about your country, your homeland being invaded?
Speaker 3: John and devastated. The numbers we talked about yesterday, forty thousand keep on growing. We're talking sixty thousand people moving into the country. It's terrible. They got some rest yesterday, but today they need to eat, they need to get dressed. So we're seeing already assaults into the supermarkets, into the shops. It's terrible. It's thematic.
Speaker 2: Now are they're breaking into people's homes too? I heard that, you know they're stealing cars. What are they doing?
Speaker 3: Well, they meet housing, They need to sleep, some words, sixty thousand people and they just need to get along with their lives wherever they are in the country. So there are now obviously with no money and no support from anyone, they're starting to commit crimes. It's a very dramatic situation. Spain had handled immigration very well. There's millions of Equatorious, Venezuela and Argentinians. People from everywhere, but in these numbers and undocumented is a real crisis.
Speaker 2: Hey, is anybody protecting if I had a home in Spain in that area, how do I protect my home? Is there? Is there a police department, is there a military? Is there anything?
Speaker 3: Well? Remember the Socialist government allows for people that get into an apartment or house to stay there, and the additional process is very long. It's a year or maybe two. So that is something that Spain needs to improve right now. If you get someone to walk into your house and you're not there, you're not going to get them out external Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is a real problem.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The New York Post actually just reported onto this that not only are they overrunning the towns and so on, but they're actually using the streets as open toilets and they're bathing in the fountains. The beautiful fountains of Spain are now being used as bad as baths and showers.
Speaker 3: I want to remind you of the World Health Organization when you look at the health conditions of these countries. Unfortunately, Northern Africa is one or two, not just below, which basically means people come on average with more HIV, more pure closes, more hepatitis. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: It's like, I mean, nobody has checked these people coming in for if they have diseases, Nobody has checked them for if they're at of prison, etc. I mean in the United States when we had alex Island, we have checks and balances. You know, you have to pass the Alis Island test to make sure you come in. I mean, ose, this is a mess.
Speaker 3: It is a mess, and I want to emphasize how important it is to prioritize the security agenda. To me, there's a clear triangle of security which should have been coordination between Sain, Israel and Morocco. That's a big triangle that requires very professional security and that is not happening unfortunately with this Spanish government.
Speaker 1: But you have a real big problem because it's actually your government that created this problem. It's interesting that they're now looking for say foreign countries or more foreign countries are involved in trying to deal with this overrunning of SUTA as opposed to their own government itself. What are they waiting for?
Speaker 3: Well, remember how this prime minister won the presidency of the Socialist Party and he also the presidency of the country. It was not because the majority of people voted him. It was because of all the minorities with their conflicts of interest, I mean the Catalans on one side, the best on the other, all the separaties, people that have a vested interest in accomplishing their personal goals. They voted for him to become prime minister. He never had the majority of the Spaniers. Spain and most of these countries are actually leaning towards the consortative side. It is always in a concert of this country. But this prime minister has made decisions on his own that don't represent at all the Spaniards.
Speaker 1: And maybe it doesn't represent the Spaniards, but unfortunately the Spaniards now have to live with this Repercussion.
Speaker 3: Told me that he is trying to naturalize millions of people on the on the promise and on the on the commitment that they will vote for him, because he doesn't have the votes from people in Spain, so he's trying to get all these migrants to basically vote for him as soon as possible. Europe has now finally realized and they're even discussed in closing the Shanngen space to Spain so that at least they can they can limit and strict this movement which is absolutely out of control.
Speaker 2: Well, well, what a mestus is Well, Jose, thank you so much for keeping us informed. Anything else you want to tell the American.
Speaker 3: People Spain is a good country, that the politicians are terrible, So it's important to be.
Speaker 2: Votre were what percentage Spain was a Christian country? What percentage of Spain is now a Christian country? And what what else is it?
Speaker 3: Spain is mostly Christian Catholic as a matter of fact, it's probably about the seventies seventy five percent. It's been very open minded. But the problem is these young people, times with ideas and times with objectives, which are creating an amount of tension similar to the one that you see, for example in South France or in the u K. Where they haven't been able to absorb this migration. They never naturalize people by doing the right due diligence and the investigations. They never did that. So right now Spain has a massive amount of people which are going to be very upset. Of course, they need to use toilets, they need to eat, they need to drink. That's terrible. There's no way to handle this well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Santa Maria, Thank you for coming on, keep us informed, keep on New York as all Americans informed, and we'll catch up with you again.
Speaker 3: Wilson I will jump talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you,