Speaker 1: There's your channeline weather fore CASCO your partly thirty day to day. Around noontime, we have the opportunity for some isolated storms. They say to expect downpours. Today's high eighty five down to sixty seven overnight, the rain will move out, and they say it'll be a bit sticky overnight eighty six to high tomorrow with partly tooty skies and the rain predicted a few clouds over night sixty seven and an eighty eight high on Friday with partly totty skies and dry conditions sixty nine degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for traffic from the u See up Tramping Center.
Speaker 3: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at u see health dot com slash transplant. Highway traffic not all that bad at the moment. I was seeing things start to build a bit southbound seventy five through Lackland, but still not a whole lot of extra time needed. Same for northbound Forest seventy one across the bridge chuck Ingramont fifty five KRZE Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty on a Wednesday listener lunch Wednesday. Everybody's invited Weedam and Brewery up to see you there, Saint Bernard for that one. Hey, without further ado, it is this time a week we get to talk with Americans for Prosperities Donovan and Neil Donovan, welcome back to the morning show. Always good talking with.
Speaker 2: You, Brian, Always great to be with you.
Speaker 1: So usually you're talking about what we need to do and get in touch with our elected officials to tell them to do something like, you know some program you're working on in the state of Ohio, something to deal with property taxes, whatever case may be. You're always got some project that Americans for a Prosperity that you are always encouraging folks to get engaged, you know, the one step at a time program we can all get involved in do something. But I guess when they do the right thing, we need to let them know that we're thankful for it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's right, you know, it's a mixture of caro and a stick, if you will, Right, Brian, we've got to Well, so we're kicking off this summer here in August. Right, they've got what they call August district work periods.
Speaker 2: So all the folks in Washington.
Speaker 4: Leave the swamp, come back, tour to town Hall's various events to connect with their constituents, talk about the things we've done, and we're gonna we're capitalizing on that right now by talking about the passage of the Trump middle class tax cuts, the one big beautiful bill, and engaging folks crossreets activists to thank the members like Warren Davidson or David Taylor down in southwest Ohio who voted yes to make these Trump tax cuts permanent. But also, Brian, we're gonna be out there reminding folks who wasn't who weren't who wasn't standing with them, Folks like Great Landsman Marcy Captor in northwest Ohio who consistently vote no on these pro growth policies.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to keep Congress from Thomas Massey in there. My listening audience loves Congressman Massey. He's a principled man.
Speaker 4: Donovan, Well, absolutely, I totally understand where other Matthew's coming from and his no vote.
Speaker 2: That's our friends in Kentucky. Here in Ohio.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you got a state line to keep you out of trouble there, Donovan. I'm just pulling your chain a little bit because I'm a huge fan. I get why Massy voted no, but I do admit I think that, inspite of the fact that I hate the name of it, the One Big Beautiful Bill does lock in the twenty seventeen tax cuts. And what a great thing. Loveby listening, audience, know how much money those who voted in favor of the One Big Beautiful Bill saved ohioans on an annual basis.
Speaker 4: Well, it's on average about fifteen hundred dollars for a family of four making seventy five thousand dollars right, seventy five thousand dollars family and family for fifteen hundred dollars off your federal tax bill just by locking those rates in.
Speaker 2: That's meaningful, Monchy.
Speaker 1: It is It covers the increase, It covers the increase to the property tax bill here at Ohio.
Speaker 4: Donovan, Why now you sound like somebody in Columbus just shifting the burden around.
Speaker 2: Thank your chain a little bit there, Brian.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I mean all I hear they're running to try to run on the left is a well organized campaign to criticize the one big, beautiful bill because people are going to die in the streets or something like that. But they do overlook the benefit to the middle class, which you just illustrated right there. I mean, you know, fifteen hundred dollars means a lot when it comes to somebody's making a family off. It's seventy five thousand dollars. I mean it's a month worth of groceries. So I mean that's something we all can enjoy. But the criticism seems to be levy at the corporate tax rate, which is lower. But I keep defaulting back to the idea, Well you don't. I mean, corporations really ultimately don't pay taxes. They pass them along with increases or decreases to the goods and services that they sell to us.
Speaker 4: Totally, we've got we got a lot of challenges in this country. But when it comes to our fiscal house in Washington, in our country two, there's there's two sides of the same coin. On one side, we need to lock in pro growth economic policies. Right, We're not going to tax our way out of the problems we find ourselves as a nation.
Speaker 2: Right, we need.
Speaker 4: To make sure that we've got pro growth policies that keep taxes low for individuals and families, but also help stimulate economic growth, not by printing new money and handing it out to special interests like the green Energy New Deals, but by ensuring that folks can businesses can keep their money and use it to reinvest in a business. The other thing we got to do is that start to rein in the spending. We've grown our national debts since two thousand and one. Our spending has merely tripled, yeah, about one point eight trillion dollars to over six point seven five trillion in federal spending in twenty twenty four. And so we've got but you know what they've done on this piece, right, is they've locked in the pro growth policies we made these Trump taxes. That's permanent, something just eight months ago Brian Folks said might not even be possible. We may have to let a few folks pay more taxes, or we may we may only be able to kick the can down the road.
Speaker 2: A few more years to make this work.
Speaker 4: They locked this stuff in informational it's monumental, and we're going to let folks know why it matters for them in their pocketbook.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know what else is going to really matter, and it's unrelated to one big beautiful bill are least tangentially unrelated this removal of declaration as carbon dioxide as a pollutant. All the trillions of dollars that we have to ultimately pay to capture carbon or to create products that don't produce as much carbon dioxide, that ends up costing us a lot more in the form of more expensive appliances, more expensive electricity. I mean, the list is just endless. It's a needless increase, sort of a nefarious removal of money from our pocketbooks to pay for these projects. Is again they pass along these costs to us, either because we're paying federal tax dollars and they have to give incentives, or because the projects are expensive, and you know, creating electricity with windmills and solar panels costs a lot more, gives us less product, and we end up getting to cost pass along to us. So I think that's going to, assuming that is removed and it's no longer the focus of so much effort, that that's going to give us more flexibility in terms of what we buy. It's going to lower the prices of a lot of things we buy, including electricity. So there's going to be a benefit with in that area of the Trump administration as well.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: It's a demonstration, right that the executive branch, while it holds it holds a lot of power and probably in many cases thinks that it has more power than it has AKA Rainsact.
Speaker 2: Come back and talk about that another day.
Speaker 4: But you know, the executive sets the agena and the vision for the country, right, and so when you have a president who is looking at this stuff from more of a pro prosperity, pro growth, pro opportunity, you know, we end a war on coal, we start directing the regulators and the energy sector to embrace small, modular nuclear right that we also hesitant for God knows what reason to do.
Speaker 1: Oh Donovan, I read an article this morning. NASA is going to be trying to build a nuclear reactor on the moon.
Speaker 2: The moon.
Speaker 1: Awesome, I know, I wait a minute, we can't get one here in Ohio. But uh but but a Duffy, Uh Sean Duffy, the acting administrator from NASA. So they've been spending they spent literally hunt he said, hundreds of millions of dollars has been spent studying the idea of how to accomplish building a nuclear base on the Moon. Now they're moving forward with actually doing it. He said, r But we.
Speaker 2: Can't have a line two.
Speaker 4: But we can't get one here in Ohio to power tens of thousands of homes. Yeah, now, were But I think that's changing, right, That's part of what's changing, whether it's the laws in Columbus like House Bold fifteen that streamlined our permitting process here in the state, and to the work that the Trump administration is doing on a federal level to begin to get this going in the right direction. To what you're talking about there, right with the various regulatory EPA or other you know, handcuffs we put on ourselves as a nation that others aren't you know, beholden to, like China. This is the kind of stuff the Trump administration has been doing. Congress is doing right now with the new Republican majority, to unleash prosperity, onleash opportunity. And I think it's why we find so many Americans are finding that the distresses and burdens of the last couple of years of Bidenomics going away because there's confidence in the market, there's opportunity in the economy.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, he if Americans for Prosperities DONOVD and Neil, where do we go to send a thank you letter to our elected officials?
Speaker 4: Protect Prosperity dot com. Protect Prosperity dot com.
Speaker 1: Click the link send a letter to your member of Congress. They make it very very easy to do just that, as well as make it really easy and by providing thoughts and ideas about you and what you and I can do, like the one step program to better the situation we have here in Ohio. Americans for Prosperity Donovan, and they'll appreciate all that you do and your willingness to come on the program every week and spread the word.
Speaker 4: Always appreciate sharing the megaphone with you, Brian, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother, we'll talk next week. It's seven thirty nine right now. If if do you have a care CD talk station, let me mention my dentist, doctor Fred Packs Crazy. I've been going to doctor Fred Pack for well over ten years and outstanding clinic. He is always on the leading edge of things dentistry, all for the benefit of his patient, and he's teamed up with doctor Megan Frew. She's been there with him now I think a couple of years. The listeners who've got and got and seeing doctor Megan Frew absolutely love her. She's got if you don't like the dentists, very comforting experience with doctor Frue.
Speaker 2: She's outstanding.
Speaker 1: She's working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Doctor Pack is a distinguished Fellow, one of only three with that organization that has reached that lofty status because he's a genius when it comes to life changing smile makeovers. If you're in need of cosmetic dentistry, you don't like your smile, you're embarrassed by it. Peck and Freu the dynamic duo of cosmetic dentistry, so experience outstanding general dentistry as well as cosmetic dentistry. You visit him online. It's Peck peck smiles dot com, peck smiles dot com, and please tell them Brian said, hi.
Speaker 2: When you go.
Speaker 1: When you give him a call, they're won full wonderful, wonderful customer service five one three, six, two, one seventy six sixty six five one, three, six, two, one, seventy six sixty six.
Speaker 2: Fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 1: We are