Speaker 1: He'll be like a got me bad. It's the Internet. You're busy. Let's do this for October ninth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grub Today, wake up Nintendo hardware was just announced. No really, wake up Nintendo hardware was just announced. But first please join me in welcoming today's co host to Game Mess Mornings. It's Sean Turbo, Sean McDowell. How are you doing, Sean, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Mike Minati. Oh no, might be the most boomer ass so and so we're still in the first team. That's YouTube great that I have ever met in my wife. Of course, Doc Hunt, Doc Cover, we sports.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Kind of a rough one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of rough, like that one hurt Like listen. He's insane for thinking that Brawl is a bad video game. Sure, not the worst smash game, not bad fighting game. The it's a bad four out of ten video game.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: He thinks that was That was insane. If anyone doesn't know, you know, you know last night on Last ten Dogs, community member joy Z who passed these around in the Giant bomb community. I know as well. Did one of those spreadsheets of console versus console to see like mathematically which we like better by comparing like, and been talking.
Speaker 1: A lot of mess about the we recently exactly.
Speaker 2: So we thought, all right, Mike, let's see how much you actually like your beloved n s over the Wei and and he's he picked duck Hunt over WE Sports.
Speaker 1: We could do a poll here and I'm gonna do one on on YouTube right now.
Speaker 2: You should because that was a crime that was awful.
Speaker 1: Jeff is better, and then it'll be duck Hunt mm hmm, and we Sports correct.
Speaker 2: There we go de correct option.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that goes. I have a good feeling about WE Sports. Lit'tund like duck Hunt, but he is holding all of the crimes of the Wei against WE Sports, and he's not holding any of the crimes of duck Hunt, which is kind of a thin game against duck Hunt.
Speaker 2: Like it's a ten minute little demo, is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's early light gun games. It's fun. It's definitely bring out every time someone was seeing the Nintendo for the first time, I get it. And that's similar to WE Sports. But we sports actually did have legs. I know he didn't think so.
Speaker 2: Duck Hunt's a nice gimmick, but yeah, it's nice gimmer. Outside of that, I'm doing pretty good, Jeff. I'm channeling my air Jordan Midler. I got my nice Mango Master Ultra for the morning caffeine. It's like five pm when he does this show, so maybe that's a little different, but who cares about that? About that, and you know what, I'll do a plug at the beginning of a show because that's where people actually listen to plugs. We got the new travelog up on the YouTube channel and it'll be live on the Giant Bomb site right after this of Dan in Japan. That's a fun one to put together.
Speaker 1: It looked. I just started watching. It was like it was kind of you got it launched right there as I was putting the show together. So I'll watch the rest when we're done here, but watch the beginning. It was fun. It was like, oh man, he really does over prepare. There were a lot of gizmos going into that bag.
Speaker 2: For a couple days trip, except for Gizmo, the dogs who were.
Speaker 1: Except for Gizmo, He's got a lot of gimmicks there instead, but getting that up thank you.
Speaker 2: Dan's brand of wackiness weirdly meshes with my drier sense of humor that I get my editing there, So whenever we make a video together, it comes out bizarrely well. So I always like editing a Dan video.
Speaker 1: Yep, looking forward to watching that. Other things. Hey, everyone in Florida, stay safe. It's looking like it's going to be a hell of a storm there, so of course.
Speaker 2: I know some people who already evacuate, so hopefully everyone else who like dealing with that is doing well as well.
Speaker 1: Yep, do whatever you got to do. But we're thinking for thinking of you and hoping for the best, and just yeah, stay safe. Right, How are you doing on metaphors? That's still kind of the game taking at most of your time right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still trucking along, mane. That's why I'm hitting the Master this morning, is because you sit up a little extra la playing that. I not not just because you know I have to or anything because we are doing that review cast at the end of the week on BCR. But it's just really fun. It's just a really really good game. I'm like twenty hours in right now. I'm past like the first main dungeon. This is sort of like how persona games are laid out. Our Persona style games. You have the intro sequence, which you know, pray long usually any RPG intros usually pray long nowadays. Then you get like the first real dungeon after that, and I'm past the first real dungeon, and other story stuff is happening. That's where this game is excelling right now. You know, they keep things going, they keep hit you with some really good storytelling, and so yeah, it's got me hooked and I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Did you have kind of a slow start with this game? I'm just trying to remember, Like I know, we talked about a little bit, but uh.
Speaker 2: Nah, I think like the person around here who really shouldn't like the slow start was Jan and that's because he doesn't like the Persona slow start, which is totally reasonable. It is. They tend to be slow. I'm used to that at this point. But relative to how Persona games usually get started, this game is like lightning fast. In comparison, you have a if people have played the demo, you already know it is. We have like an exposition dump a lot of cutscenes, but it's you know, it's a kind of interesting thing that is going to keep you engaged. That level of storytelling is pretty consistent throughout. So h yeah, that that is the type of slow that is just a lot of people talking, which is why I made It's not you're a game, uh, but it's fun for those of us who are into it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought I was, like, I definitely got it. It's in front of me now as an option. But then I you know, I saw Gene Park talking about how well Silent Hill two runs on the Steam decks, so I think you might go that direction, excuse me, that direction instead as the next game I'm gonna play here, still trying to wrap up the.
Speaker 2: Way it was meant to be playing sign Hill on the Steam deck.
Speaker 1: Yet right under the blankets in the dark, I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: You know what. Yeah, yeah, you have an old switch now, right, we gotta no let's switch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, a little bit on there, I bet actually so yeah, I might actually work out yeah yeah, all right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on Twitch welcome, you could always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start Morning Mess with get switched to. Nintendo has just revealed an official alarm clock. This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life. This is this is Ali here. Okay, let's do this. While fans are absolutely desperate to hear from Nintendo regarding the upcoming switch successor hardware, the firm has instead revealed an official alarm clock dubbed Nintendo Soundclock Colon Alarmo, available now via Nintendo's official website for one dollars, with a retail release coming in early twenty twenty five. Alarmo will utilize motion detection technology that if you've heard us the last few weeks, that not patent the FCC filing about a device that's like kind of squarish that might sit on a table that has Wi Fi and has a twenty four gigahertz millimeter wave sensor. That is the sensor that will be able to track your body while you sleep. It's like when you that's what they use.
Speaker 2: This seems to be not what they're using it for.
Speaker 1: Roer. They're tracking motion a little bit, right, right, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: It's a motion controlled alarm clock.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yeah. So basically the gist of it is the alarm goes off in the morning and it's going to play some of these scenes from different Nintendo games like Splatoon or Mario or Breath of the Wild, and then you have different scenes within each of those games. But once the alarm goes off playing music from one of those games, as you start to stir, the twenty four gigahertz millimeter wave can detect that motion and will give you coins or Splatoon gunfiring sounds as like a reward for waking up. So in short, I just got done preordering mind Sean.
Speaker 2: GARSI did did Nintendo went woke and you had to be there day.
Speaker 1: Or right exactly. I gotta support there with their wokeness. Here real quick, funniest side there were like within circles of insiders, there was a word going around that I switched to might have happened like announcement, might happen this. I think it was probably this and like.
Speaker 2: This, and people heard Nintendo hardware and they.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's impossible to say for sure. I like I was here in its secondhand, but it was like the idea that that was going around, like very people got some bullets by not saying everyone new to not like to not be quite sure and here we are because this That would have been a bit a big backfiring had that happen so ato and would have been real funny. Yes, but yeah, hey, this is weird Nintendo, which you kind of could always count on to pop up its head here and there.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean again, if you take a look at the Nintendo Museum footage that we have in that travelogue, you'll see weird Nintendo is Nintendo, and people sometimes forget about that. That's the DNA of the company. They got there to start with toys and whatever, and even if their business is radically far from that nowadays, they still like doing stuff like this. They like doing stuff like that the game and watch things that they did with Mario and Zelda. Do you like doing these little nickknack things? I'm gonnaud this has been far from a nick knack at one hundred freaking dollars and only for Nintendo Switch Online members, But that's a clear indicator of who it is for. It's a test of all y'all super fans who just are are gonna buy no marter you just did apparently.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And it also like speaks to Nintendo being like, man, these these pieces of shit are sleeping and not giving us money. We got to do something about that. We gotta monetize their sleep. So the thing does connect the Wi Fi based on the NFCC pat and I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there are DLC packs or something that you could buy for this thing, or maybe just like you go to your Nintendo account and spend some of the gold or whatever the not the gold, the platinum points or whatever it is to unlock some other stuff on there. But either way, this is them being like, no, of course, we are a company that is engaged in play at all times, and we even want to bring that to these other parts of your life, including when you wake up, and I appreciate that. I think it does look like a kind of a cute alarm clock. I thought that the scenes and the alarms themselves were actually pretty neat. But this is also like, if people see this thing, it's gonna also be like kind of a joke. Right. I don't think anyone's got you seriously with this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be real with me. Did you buy for the job or did you buy it as a Nintendo fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I just I used both to justify it, right, Like I definitely used the Game mess Operations debit card and so I'm gonna get a tax right up on it. Oh cool, Yeah, of course cool. Yeah. So that was definitely part of it. And then the other part is it's a weird Nintendo thing that's going to be fun to have like ten years from now when people look back, like remember Alarmo, because you know, for all these things that are weird that Nintendo does, like ring Out, they are always not brief asides, but asides that have a time limit on them. And you know, yeah, and like you know, Labo is a thing, and that was a less of things that was kind of brief, but but they're you know, a bunch of other example.
Speaker 2: Like Labo is at least a game man.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, totally. But like, you know, it's it's all on this from the same side of like what can we do with real life particles instead of just you know, photons in a video game. And you know, but that's stuff. They move on from one thing to the next on that side of things, and so this will be here temporarily and then they will have some new weird device in the future. But I mean, do you think that this is indicative of some wider movement Nintendo to break more into lifestyle technology devices or is it is it just more of a singular, isolated aside.
Speaker 2: I mean, with like anything any company does, basically, it may be them testing the waters a little bit. Just oh hey, we have some of these ideas in this case category. Let's choose the one that is most likely to succeed in a more mainstream setting, and let's put it out there. And basically a smart alarm clock that maybe is the most likely to succeed right off the bat, because then you know, again people like you who just want to like see this dumb Nintendo thing because you like that brand of silliness. Yep, sure, why not, Like that's the one you go for, So I don't know. I'm interested to see if they do make this weave into any of the other products. You know. The speculation was that if this was a health thing, maybe it's tied into Pokemon sleep and so I could see that if this thing has a Wi Fi can do updating it has that sensor. It would be cool if this could be a sleep tracker, you know, one they don't need in my bed with me, because I don't know. I don't know how likely that is, but I always worry about now when I had the biggest bed in the world, is just a full back there or whatever. So I'm always wondering if those like sleep tracker things will just like fall off the side or like I'm worried about knocking my phone over. So they could tie it into that, I can see a little more value, But right now it's a bizarre product.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And like I get being skeptical that they would expand on what they're doing based like they have the video, which you know, I can play here for people in a second.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: They just talk about a few features right now, which is like the motion tracking for the little game Gamified Alarm in the morning. They talk about the different scenes, but they don't talk about app connectivity as far as I could tell, right, like where it is like actually giving you data about your sleep, which I theoretically could do that, And then there's no mention of, yeah, expandability of the actual content, Like there are the five games seven scenes each. Those five games are Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend, Zelda, Breath of the Wild, Splittoon three, Pickment four, and Ring Fit Adventure. And they even have like some like fun stuff where it's like when you're going to sleep at night. There are scenes inspired by these games of like calming sounds, so Pickman nighttime sounds like chirping and stuff like that that I sleep with that kind of stuff. So I like, again, I like these ideas, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that doubles up as a white noise machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly so. But I yeah, I don't think that this is actually going to have some big digital economy attached to it or anything like that. And if they do expand it, I think it will be a companion at But yeah, if they're not going to introduce that now and they're not promising it now, and this is limited to for the moment, limited to Nintendo Switch Online members, and then being in the Nintendo Store makes it feel like just a fun gadget that they're going to move on fromt pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. And maybe they occasionally do where hey, this thing can now do this thing. They do make us small little updates. This isn't quite the same, but like when Pokemon Go Plus came out, that came out alongside Sleep, and it was basically the same thing. If you remember that little Pokemon Go Plus that you would wear on your wrist right and you repress a bun so you wouldn't necessarily have to interact with your phone while you're out walking or like you know, it's too cold to or whatever. And then they released a disc version like this hockey puck looking thing and they were like, yeah, it's the same, it's the same thing, but now it can also be a sleep tracker dedicated so you don't need your phone in bed with you for using Pokemon Sleep. And so I could see them doing like a sort of that type of thing with this. If it's not you know, if it's not ready for this already as far as I can tell, all the tech is there, so.
Speaker 1: Right, Bungus Chance says today in the video they tease Mario carton Animal Crossing, which is Yeah, that seems like the kind of stuff they have ready to go and they save it for like later. Do you think that those are to line up with the Mario Karten Animal Crossing games that will launch in the first year on the switch too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure this is a big pillar of their marketing plan for those games, Jeff, those games really need the boost.
Speaker 1: Man. What if this is just like it's in people's homes so we can just blast them with the nintato as in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. If they don't even announce it and you just see Mario Kart nine on your bedstade, now you think you're having delarious dream. It would be so funny.
Speaker 1: Nintendo directs just play automatically and you can't turn them off. Yeah, you try to unplug it and doesn't turn off. It's just a it's however weird ot. Yeah, Hey, yeah, I think this thing is cute. There's like a little light on top that's got that like glowing morning light aspect to it that is supposed to be already real.
Speaker 2: If it was even like a little cheaper, I might consider one if it's more in like the sixty to seven. It's just a hundred freaking dollars for an alarm clock.
Speaker 1: It looks like the kind of thing that would be like forty five dollars on Amazon, and then you get a Nintendo tax on top of it that gets.
Speaker 2: You up exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, you know, there are a lot of alarm clocks on Amazon that do have like those bigger like sun sunlight lights on them, and those can be like two hundred dollars. But this is not that this is not going to have those the same exact effect. This is just like gesturing towards those things. And the screen on the front is probably a low resolution, and I you know, looks good in these videos, but it's it is.
Speaker 2: It looks like, let's say it's updating in a pretty low frame right here. That's the power of the chip ro screen itself.
Speaker 1: Right, so just not expecting Yeah, they're like zooming in on it and actually like you can kind of look at it looks pretty low resolution, So yeah, it looks cheap and cute, and h I again, I pre ordered mine, so you know, what is my opinion matter? But uh, I get a lot of people like, okay, you know what is this? Uh why is Nintendo so weird?
Speaker 2: Oh? Someone a chat makes a is make a joke about the alarmo O lead model in the future. But that's actually that's a concern of mine. If this is not an olds screen, that thing is going to keep you up.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Yeah, it is right because if that glow comes through, I mean, and really.
Speaker 2: It's gonna glow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna have some glow to it. Now, I guess I guess maybe one of the ways they could do this is to make it almost you know, very directional pixels where it's like, unless you're like facing right at it, you don't quite see it until it like as much brighter. But I don't know that. They're probably not thinking that far. They're probably thinking, what is the best way to get huge profit.
Speaker 2: We just got one hundred bucks from Jeff Grubb, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: They cost eight dollars to make. Yeah, sucker. All right, We're still in the same story here, so let's go this next headline, Nintendo explains why it made an alarm clock this is from Nintendo Everything. Today's announcement of Nintendo's soundclock Alarmo came a bit out of left field, but in a new interview today, we get to hear about how the whole thing came together. Discussion was posted on Nintendo's web site, featuring producer YoY Ski Tomory and director Tatsi Akama. Tomory revealed that the project began with research into motion sensor technology. However, making an alarm clock wasn't the first thing decided. Rather, Tomory said, Nintendo was looking to support people during their sleep, and we were looking for a way to achieve this. Tomorrow and Akima shared the following Tomory, one of our in house projects was to research motion sensor technology. As this sensor maintains privacy since it doesn't use a camera. We had an idea for how it could be highly suitable for use in the bedroom, so we decided to kick off a new project to see what we could do with it. Now, to be fair, with the sensor to the millimeter sensor technology, that's the stuff they use in like airports when you walk through and you got to put your hands up like that, and it doesn't it takes a scan of your body. Right, they could see it all. They they could the outline of everything. Like they can't see like your they can't see your skin, but they could see everything.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's the bones? Huh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know how big it is, is what I'm trying to say. So, but now that it's very unlikely that data is actually being transmitted to Nintendo, there you go through the Mike Manati face. Yeah, but still it's like privacy concerns might remain, I would think anyhow, they continue. I see. So you started development from scratch while also making use of ideas that already existed. You mentioned that a motion sensor could be suitable for bedroom use, but was it clear from the beginning that you'd be making an alarm clock? Maury, Actually, not quite. We knew that the theme was supposed to be it was to support people during their sleep, and we were looking for a way to achieve this. However, it was only after a lot of technical trial and air and building many prototypes that we decided to focus on alarm clocks. So yeah, like that this is like seems to be born out of one of these Nintendo things where it's like we are always researching and developing new ideas and new technologies. And you know, one time that was the vitality sensor, and now it's motion sensing technology, and how can we use this? And this is something that isn't a camera, but has similar capabilities to a camera, so that unable us to do things in places that are maybe a bit more sensitive. So let's play around in this space and then they sort of stumble into an alarm clock. Part of me still very much appreciates that Nintendo builds things in this way that can lead them to putting out a product like this, And it doesn't seem like it's going away. If anything, they're getting weirder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're more likely to get weird because there's more weird products on the market. You know this, it's a little weird that this isn't something more in line with say a Amazon assistant or assistant from Alphabet. I'm trying to avoid triggering those, but yeah, the fact that's just a sleep is it really even a sleep aid? That's kind of how they're talking about but I mean, it's it's just an alarm clock.
Speaker 1: Now, it sounds like that they were trying to develop a sleep aid. They were trying to, they like sort of pivoted away a lot of sounds like they it away to something that is a little bit more basic.
Speaker 2: Right because like how what would they even do again? I know I keep bringing up outside of song like pokemonsly that you know, it's a sleep tracking app like other ones on the market, So there is benefit to that.
Speaker 1: Right now, people, Yeah, it has the stuff that like can help you fall asleep at night, right, so that maybe that's yes, that's where it like begins to it's support journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I as we talk it out and as we hear their motivation at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if like they are like gently introducing this as this is an alarm. Don't be afraid because it's just an alarm like any other alarmed. Yeah, don't be alarmed. Uh. And they actually probably do have some other stuff in there that like they will maybe introduced later of like, no.
Speaker 2: This is easing people in there, easing.
Speaker 1: People in Yeah, they started off with we're watching you sleep, and we're going to tell you everything about your sleep. Maybe they think people would be even sensitive a bit sensitive that I think the right, especially when it comes to using any sort of like actual body sensing technology, even outside of cameras.
Speaker 2: So they point to it, pointed this and be like, no, no, it's just like you know, when you would like get up and wave at it to like shut it off or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's fine, yes, like just think about it when you are awaken, conscious and capable of giving consent or whatever.
Speaker 2: We live a weird dystopian future, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's definitely a good ball out there. But hey, again, I pre ordered this thing. I'll use it. It'll probably annoy my wife and so I'll use it for a night and then who knows, maybe I'll give it to one of the kids. We'll see, all right. Moving along, SpongeBob developer aims to produce Nintendo Switch games the original Switch until twenty twenty eight, at the least, at the late or the earliest or latest yet at least, This is reminded to Tendo News in a new interview with Video game or PHL Collective, the company behind the recently released The Patrick Star game, has committed release in games on the original Nintendo Switch system. The Patrick Star Games production director Chris Rose said in the interview that he believes they will support the system until twenty twenty eight or perhaps even longer, and that he urges smaller developers not to completely abandon the platform for the Switch to due out next year. That's because Nintendo's consoles, which released which Nintendo's console which released into March twenty seven, seventeen, will continue to have a large install base and has the target audience for the company's colorful games. They kind of go on to say it's going to be similar to the PS two and have an audience of younger gamers that will continue buying licensed games for quite some time. That's probably mostly true. It won't be like, yeah, the PS two to the levels of the PS two was, because that audience is, yeah, they're engaged with the Switch, but they're equally engaged, if not more so, with their iPads and other tablets where they're getting similar kinds of games at this moment, or similar kinds of licenses.
Speaker 2: I should say, right, I would excite it to be more like the where it is the type of thing where it becomes a device for the younger people in the household or just households who don't really care about gaming at all, and they just buy the occasional thing. That's the audience that they're going for here. You know, Just Dance kept going for a very long time after the Wii was dead. It was twenty nineteen. It was the last time I put one out because it was twenty twenty or whatever, and yeah, people keep buying it, so why not. The Switch is I think even more ripe to just keep going like that because for a simpler game, it has more than enough power to do it. It's not like when we had previous generational transitions and the weaker hardware could not handle something that was being produced for the newer hardware. I think more than ever, games are scalable, so you can just release a game for a Nintendo Switch and that's fine. It's why we still see a lot of games releasing on PS four and Xbox One. It's because if your game doesn't need the horsepower of the new system, you might as well put on the previous system so as many people as possible can play it, and then it just runs better on PS five or series because you have the extra horsepower there to smooth over those versions of the game. You can do console specific upgrades and everything like that. So I think more than ever makes sense to, Yeah, make your simpler games for the lowest common nominator, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Nintendo can obviously facilitate this right by making sure that it is pretty easy when you build a game for Switch one, that developers know what they need to do from the beginning to take advantage of the Switch two without having to do too much extra work. So if that is an easy process, it's everything you said would be even more true, because you release your game for switch one, it does take advantage of the switch to, and even maybe your game's borderline and it runs on Switch one, but it is thirty frames per second and could be even better on switch to. And as long as that's not too much work for these developers publishers that are producing license games primarily for children, who aren't gonna want to spend a lot of extra development resources to mess up their their profit margins, then we might actually still get those benefits, right And then otherwise, you know, even if it doesn't have those benefits, the backward combat ability, even if it's like for some reason these games only run a couple frames per second better, they'll they'll still just put it on the switch for all the reasons you said where that's just the business case makes a ton of sense special for these kinds of games.
Speaker 2: As long as you all need the extra horse part, it's kind of a win win for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And then the turn in terms of like twenty twenty eight and like, yeah, by then at that point there probably will be in most of the audience has moved on to switch to and you can just put your game with.
Speaker 2: Those switch lights will probably still be kicking. And you know, little Timmy who is still only like eight at that point, won't probably still be using it, right exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a quick break when we get back. There is a new movie coming from coming from Sega, this time has nothing to do with Sonic. And then Captain Hook is in a video game right after this, all right, let's get back into it with Universal Pictures and Sega announced Shanoby movie. This is from Sal Ramano at Demaso. Universal Pictures has announced a collaboration with Sega to develop a movie based on the Shanoby video game franchise. The movie will be directed by Sam Hargrave of the Extraction franchise, and the screenplay adapted by Ken Kobayashi of Son who wrote Sonny and Move On. Mark Platt and Adam Siegel will produce through Mark Platt Productions. Dimitri M. Johnson will produce through Story Kitchen. Toro Nakahara will produce through Sega, and Mike Goldberg will executive produce alongside Timothy I. Stevenson, who is co producing as well. There's an overview here of the of the game series from Universal Pictures. Let's see how they talk about it. The Shnoby series, first debuted in nineteen eighty seven, is an arcade game and primarily follows protagonist Joe Musashi as a modern day ninja who confronts a great evil. Crafted with a focus on epic and edgy action, the Shnoby franchise spans fourteen games, including spinoffs and ports, with over five million copies sold worldwide. A new entry in the series was revealed in late twenty twenty three. More information about the new game will be revealed at a future date. First, I did not know that Shinobi's name was Joe Musashi. Yeah, did not?
Speaker 2: That's ken? Uh?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like Shanoby. It's cool. It's got a cool look. And atmosphere and cool character design. Shnoby three is really good. Shanoby.
Speaker 2: Do we not already know about this one?
Speaker 1: Did we? I did? I don't remember hear it, remember, yeah, first time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I remember hearing about Shnoby. Recently because of the game announced that the game wills along with those other things. So iftill had Shanoby in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they've talked. Sega has talked about, you know, the various things that they want to adapt, and the big ones were like doing Yakuza and persona stuff. I couldn't remember Shnobe was going to be a one of them. But it makes sense. Yeah, like just make a ninja action movie. Why not? There's a history of those succeeding, you know, regardless of quality. Even so makes perfect sense. Thepponentis out. We were assuming this is live action, correct, because I don't think it actually says, but that's the assumption.
Speaker 1: I think that's the assumption. Yeah, you know, usually you do animation, you're gonna get an animation director. I think the Extraction franchise rebstraction is that those wait, those the Chris Himsworth movies, because if he directed Extraction two. That movie owns. It's so much fun. There is an incredible actions sequence in It's on Netflix. It's like one of those Netflix action movies. Yeah, Extraction two rocks. It is just a ton of fun, like serously recommended to anyone who's like into action movies. There is a long, one shot action sequence that basically is like a call of duty action sequence and like one of the better ones. And like there's one point where like someone like throws fire at crimps Chris Hemsworth and he like blocks it with his arm and his arms on fire for the rest of their sight as he's punching dudes, What more do you want? So you bring if they bring that energy into this, Oh, I'm on board. That's uh, that's a good time to me. So yeah, that makes it sound like we are talking about live action here. That's right.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah. The IMDb is a seven out of ten. That's how you know it's a good action, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's right in the butters you want it right there? I tried. You know. One of my character flaws is I've watched the first John Wick and I didn't love it, So I've not seen I started john Wick two and also wasn't fall in love with so I kind of stopped and like, I'm like, when I watch Extraction too, I'm like, why can't john Wick be this fun?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I know john Wi keeps getting better. I will watch john Wick four eventually, everybody, but.
Speaker 2: I'll take people's words for it. I see more than the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Extraction Extraction two is just a really good time. So hey, that's that's cool. I think Shanobe can be something that you like. You said, it's fertile ground for bringing in a certain level of quality of action and maybe you could have something fun here and then if you but you don't. Ninjas are cool even when the movie's bad.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. It's kind of a safe approach if you're going to go for another one of these adaptations. Have you seen the trailer? I saw this, I didn't actually watch it. I saw him passing last night that they did put out that trailer for the Yakuza TV show.
Speaker 1: I also saw it in passing, and I haven't out sat down to watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm wondering how people feel about that, Like fans of the series, there's reaction or the other exactly so that's why, Like, I didn't even hear that that trailer was out unless maybe you mentioned in passing on here. But yeah, I'm I'm curious to see how people are feeling about all these adaptations that Sega wants to branch out into.
Speaker 1: Yep, what's the what's the Tom Cruise Action movie that they just did a show of on uh on Amazon on Prime Video Cruise? Yeah, yeah, he's impossible reach. I like John Jack Reacher better than John Wick. Uh so again, character flaw, I get it, I get it, But I think that first Jack Reacher movie.
Speaker 2: You are a white guy from Yes, what that hell?
Speaker 1: Yes, without a doubt, like be mad at me? I get it? Yes, what the fuck? Wow? The Mike manatty face from Dan Riiker Grubble only likes bad things. Listen, I'm just speaking my truth and you are right to criticize. I cannot help it.
Speaker 2: Damn. This motherfucker is a dad.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on here. Captain Hook, Corella Deville, and Maleficent seemingly are coming to Fortnite in the next update. This is from my Nintendo News. Yeah, uh huh, exactly, whatever you say. The next batch of Disney theme skins coming to the popular free to play game Fortnite have been leaked on Twitter. Hype X says that Captain Hook, Corella Deville, and Maleficent are destined to star in the game's next update. Fortnite's currently on blah blah blah blah blah blah, which is set to run until early November, so that's when you maybe can expect it. I get it, like they're not gonna just put Mickey Mouse in there with a gun. That one's maybe tough to pull off. But I also it's like, what if they did, What if they did? And maybe they should John.
Speaker 2: We know it wouldn't be many, to be clear, Mickey who even knows about how many mouses?
Speaker 1: But Corella Deville with the gun still seems a little weird to me. Not that I'm against it. I love this, do more of this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just Deville with a gun makes all sense of the world. Actually, why I'm looking at this lineup, I'm like, oh, no, wonder is these three? Oh okay?
Speaker 1: Like Maleficit holding a Fortnite gun is a very powerful image. As I closed my eyes. That's funny and fun and.
Speaker 2: With a knockoff ak is a funny image in my head.
Speaker 1: It stares me in a sort of tantalizing way, like, yeah, what's happening here? So yeah, and Captain Hook is just fun all around. I assume these are all going to be because I didn't even look at the images here. I assume these are all going to be from the animated versions. I don't think it's going to be well, yeah, in the Stone Corella Deville in Fortnite, although that would rule too. Yeah, put Gastan in the game, says doctor Ryan. There you go. That guy does have a gun in Beauty and the Beast, so there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, Cruella's packing heat. Come on, now, she didn't show, but you know she is. I think she got rid of those dogs. She ain't She ain't being nice about it.
Speaker 1: She's definitely on next door, worried about when people are walking through her neighborhood, and like polishing pure evil.
Speaker 2: She has that revolver in the in the clutch at all times.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about the state of Disney integration into Fortnite? Like this is not part of the big at is making a Disney thing that is going to be its own thing. Off to the sign and it's gonna be massive and Disney invested.
Speaker 2: That's part of why the relationship is.
Speaker 1: One leads to the other. Absolutely, they clearly have a very strong relationship. But this is not that. This is still like other deals of orbiting that.
Speaker 2: You know, some makes sense. Some are weird because seeing Marvel characters in that situation, even seeing like Spider Man holding a gun is odd. But when okay, so I fired out the other day just to like see how much some of the Incredibles would be to buy, And that's why I really, God, it's like twenty dollars to buy a skin in this game or whatever. Jesus Christ, it's weird seeing those picks are a characters holding guns. It is very odd seeing Elastic girl hold a gun, you know.
Speaker 1: Which, To be fair, I've seen a lot of images of her in that game, and I haven't seen her hold a gun once. She's just doing the hip dance every single She's just doing the hip dance a million videos of.
Speaker 2: Is a magnificent platform.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, you're right, it feels strange. It's but at the same time, it's it feels like there's so much gravitational pull into Fortnite that these characters don't have they can't escape it like it. It feels inevitable to a certain degree. So I don't know. I'm oh no, so they gets your goat?
Speaker 2: Uh? The gravitational pull of Lass Girls fat dumpies.
Speaker 1: Exactly the chances you control what you search grab. I don't know if I do actually blackout sometimes? Who knows? Jane also and chat did say live action Dustin Hoffman Captain Hook in this game. That would rule that. I would love that. That would be fantastic. I doubt doubt we're getting that. But man, in a world where all this stuff is happening, why not give us the one day?
Speaker 2: Uh? All right?
Speaker 1: New F zero ninety nine data mind suggests Mario versus Donkey Kong event could be coming. This is from Jim Norman at Nintendo Life. It's been a little over a year since F zero ninety nine Shadow dropped onto Switch, and after receiving a bumper update earlier this month, it looks like Nintendo still has somea of some event ideas up its sleeve. While digging through the files of the recent one point five point zero update, data Minor Luigi Blood a real name, uncovered references to a Mario Versus Donkey Kong Festival event, something that might appear a little late, but could just as easily tie in with the platformer's first anniversary in February twenty twenty five. According to the summary of Luigi Blood's findings shared on Tumblr, the event referenced to tumbler, the event referenced is just text and hasn't been localized outside of English, meaning we have very little to go off as far as details are concerned. That sign that. That said, the data mind suggests the event will include a Mini Mario League and additional star rivals named Mario, Mini Mario, Donkey Kong and Toad. Judging by previous ninety nine events, we'd expect the Mario Versus Donkey Kong Festival to be limited a time affair where we'd likely see themed tracks music anymotes to me, this sounds like something that they were considering and abandoned because Mario Versus Donkey Kong came out a while ago, and.
Speaker 2: Sure pole look it up, it was this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was earlier this year, so, like they said, approaching the one year anniversary of its release. But I don't know, Like with Nintendo what they do usually when they do have events like this end games, and for the most part that's been Tetris ninety nine with the Maximus Cup stuff. Those do come out right around the release of those new games, if not before the release of those new games. Yeah, so this feels like they were like playing around with the idea of like, okay, well, what if we did one of those events but in f zero ninety nine, that could keep, like, you know, give some juice to both these things. And because it never happened and it hasn't even been localized into English yet, at least, you know, based on what's available in the day to mind, there could be plenty of stuff that just hasn't been put in an update yet. To me, it sounds like something they tried and maybe it didn't quite work, and so they abandoned that work. I like the idea of it, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do too. I don't know. Yeah, it's a weird combination, but on that where you know, you can theme anything around anything with these Nintendo properties, so why not. I do think a Tetris one would have made maybe a little more sense, considering.
Speaker 1: So easy to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, especially Mario versus Donkey Kong just being a puzzle game itself, that would have felt like a better fit. So I'm kind of curious. Yeah, why that would have been the route they chose to go with.
Speaker 1: I mean, did Tetris to any nine have a Mario versus Donkey Kung event? It might have. I don't remember it, may.
Speaker 2: I mean I have no, I haven't played that game so long after it became just people who are really good at Tetris playing it.
Speaker 1: Like ninety eight Bailey's versus you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's rough, Well, no, because I beat Bailey, so never.
Speaker 1: Mind, yeah, easy, Yeah, yeah, Tetris ninety nine alarmo event, when says Jason Fanelli, yeah, let's let's make that happen either way, if they want to do more stuff like this, like I think you're right, Tetris ninety nine would make more sense, but and F zero ninety nine event would maybe be more exciting to me because it's like, oh, right, are really doing stuff with F zero ninety nine and this is weird and cool and I'll hop in there for something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is exactly why they would have done it, because people have fallen off of Tetris ninety nine, but of zero ninety nine, no, still kind of Freshnaro one's mind. So that's probably where you would want to go if you want to promote something.
Speaker 1: And I think they want F zero. I think they see potential for zero ninety nine to have the longevity that Tetris ninety nine has had, which you can't say about all the other ninety nine games, or Super Mario thirty five, which I suppose was always supposed to be a limited time thing. Go to helldnten, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: That was that's the one that stings. Yeah, things real hard, but like it was sick.
Speaker 1: They I think they wanted all the other ninety nine games to have the same kind of life that Tetris ninety nine has had and maybe ninety nine ken And one of the ways that they were thinking about facilitating that was through these events that have worked so well for Tetris ninety nine. But again, the theming around that stuff for F zero's gotta be a little bit more difficult. So all right, themed tracks like what is that ID? You could just replace a couple of textures to.
Speaker 2: The top of the game, right, like I'd imagine that making You're just going through the toy factory, you know, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you like, I guess you could replace a Skybox texture with something that just.
Speaker 2: Exactly it's just a PNG or yeah d mp I s ob but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure ninety nine. Who knows, maybe they did build that from the ground up and use PNGs all right. Little Big Planet three and Little Big Planet DLC are being delisted from the PlayStation stores. From tom Ivan at BGC, Sony has announced that Little Big Planet three and Little Big Planet DLC are being removed from the PlayStation Store. The PS four platformer and the entire range of DLC for the franchise will be pulled from sale on October thirty, first four. Anyone that currently owns or purchases a Little Big Planet three or any Little Big Planet DLC before it is delisted for sale will still be able to access their purchase purchase games and content after its removal. The platform holder said. Sony owned a Little Big Planet creator Media Molecule also wrote on Twitter, Little Big Planet shaped us as a studio and remains an important part of who we are. We are and will always be forever grateful for it and the incredible community it has inspired. Yep, a little big planet been around for a while, start on PS three, a build your own platform or kind of thing, and an early example of those are an early big example of something like that definitely had a lot of success. Obviously they made three of them there, Bond Nation Racer. It's kind of a spin off, right that they did of a kart racer variation on it.
Speaker 2: Well, that was different because a little big planet karting was as.
Speaker 1: A little big planet carding. The thing I'm thinking of, Okay, yeah, okay, was did Bond Nations is not have to build your own cart aspect to it?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, was it specifically a like little game out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't think it was a little big plan a game.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So this is sad for sure. First of all, this sucks that they're removing it, and I suppose it's so they don't have to do support, which or a game that has community aspects to it, community content maybe a little bit more challenging than a standard game, but I don't think it's some massive challenge. But all that stuff seemingly is gonna have to go away now because they are pulling the game down. Because they don't want to do that work anymore.
Speaker 2: This is really really dumb, because, Okay, if you're gonna pull the online support, that's fine. People can correct me if I'm wrong. But this game does still have offline content, does it not? So as like some single player stuff you can do right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people in chatter noting the servers have been offline for a while hackers f them up players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's true too, but they definitely didn't take the service down just because of that. They just stay because you know, it's been so long. But this is a weird thing to me. Anytime a company says, oh, part of this game doesn't work anymore, therefore we are delisting the entire game. That's just a dumb approach because it's just bad for preservation first of all, like games should just be readily available. Is this back and forth we have, right? Is this back and forth that we have with companies about they they don't want us to pirate games, but they also don't want to make games accessible, So how do we play your games? There's no good approach to it, I see. Soone pointing out that this game has licensed music in it, If that is the case, I'll do it a lot of the time, that'll make more sense. It's also the reason you don't put licensed music in your games outside of you know, like music libraries that you handle and everything.
Speaker 1: It makes you think about Sack Voice Big Adventure, which also has not not maybe not licensed because they're recreations of songs, but there's definitely still copyright issues with that stuff. So that game not long for this world as well.
Speaker 2: But that's still like a responsibility that these massive companies who can absolutely figure something out should be taking on and not taking a you know, a piece of art, this thing that has been crafted away from the people who want to give you money for it.
Speaker 1: It's rough, it's dumb, yep, and yeah it does. It does feel like they the best case scenario here should just be leave it as is and sure it's not the game it once was, but.
Speaker 2: Gigantic notice over it in the PlayStation store saying, hey, this game has limited functionality. You must like take this box if you agreed to buy it.
Speaker 1: Fine, exactly, but no, no, no longer. And it also feels like the day the age of Little Big Planet and its kind of game is also over right, Even Super Mario maker is not getting a sequel.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that has always whenever Sony does something like this, you can't escape the Jim Ryan quote about them not caring about old games. You know, certainly not true for the entire company. No, but it you know, not beating the allegations there a little bit when they are like, hey, we're over this. We're not really like making a ton of money off this anymore. So who cares about And it's a small it's a dedicated audience, but they do care. And it's it's bad optics anytime stuff like this happens, because it does kind of just stockpile a little bit, even if you do have good and justified reasons for doing it, Like you know, if this is licensed music, I get it, I get it. There it's just again bad optics. And I wish giant companies would figure out alternatives pass to this, including maybe being a little safer with the making of your game. I know it was like ten plus years ago or whatever, but you gotta think about some of these things ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, and some lessons very unfortunately feels like those lessons are now. Don't make these kinds of games.
Speaker 2: So exactly or it just you know, like obviously something like Guitar Hero you can't get around that. But yeah, I just like, your your one little level that had the license song in or whatever, maybe just maybe don't or maybe have a built in option to not have that license in so you can easily yank it out later.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, make a build an escape patch into your games for sure. Yeah, all right, last thing here, Polygon did a pretty good breakdown of the front Runners, Dark Horses, and Challengers to come for Game of the Year, and partially I'm including this because they did a secretly reach out and like what it was was giant bomb thinking. I think they did that for a lot of people trying to put their finger on the pulse secretly. Yeah, well that's what. It didn't need to be a secret, but they're like, we're just trying to like gauge it. So we were talking about olly well shover at Polygon does this and is going to keep updating it apparently as we get through the end of the year. But at the moment in their estimation, Astrobot is still the Game of the Year front Runner and they have like stuff like why it could win, its weakness and momentum, and so like for why could win, it's you know, with a ninety four Medics score. At time of writing, Tima Sobo's delightful platform game enjoys the strongest critical consensus of any game this year, but its weakness is games nominated in the family category, as Astrobat Shirley will be very rarely breakthrough in the main competition unless they're so strong, or unless they're also strong in the narrative category, which Astrobot, for all its charms is not. Like, yeah, I agree with that. Like, there's a chance that just not being viewed as important because of its story might hold it back in the final voting. Mean, while a newcomer Metaphor Refontasio is number two on their tracking list here and they say it could win because the distinctive role playing games of Atlas's Studio Zero have been critical darlings for a long time, but Persona five, which was nominated for Game of the Year and won Best RPG in twenty seventeen, propelled them to a new level of popularity and acclaim now Metaphors here to ride that wave with solid game mechanics, strong storytelling, and memorable characters in a favorite genre. This could be the moment Atlas's brand of RPG's outshines genre Stalwart Final Fantasy, then Number three, Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth, number four is Bilatro, Number five is The Legends Held Echoes of Wisdom six, Silent Hel two, and then their dark horses are Dragon's Dogma two, Hell Divers two, Animal Well, UFO fifty Like a Dragon, Infinite Wealth, and Blackmith Wukong. And then the upcoming games to keep an eye on still are Dragon Age, The Veilguard Stalker two, Heart of Chernobyl Life is Strange, double exposure, metal gear, Solid Delta and call it dye black ops six.
Speaker 2: Yeahlid all.
Speaker 1: They point out it would have to be a bold take, and we know, we know for a fact at this point it's not a bold take. I guess we have a strong inclination that it's not a bull take unless they are swerving us hard, which I highly doubt they are.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think games are not coming out this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah right, also that yes, good point. Yeah, but when it does come out, so it's gonna be the same problem. It's not. It's just not going to be a Game of the Year considered consideration because it's gonna be one to one. Yeah, this still sounds right to me. I still think Astro probably is the favorite, but I think that puts it in a situation where people feel good about pushing metaphor because it is coming out late, it'll have a little bit of that recency bias, and then it will also just have like, oh yamn, and it's not the favorite, And this is actually my favorite game, so I feel really good voting for it, like, yeah, let's give it a chance. And I think a lot of that could happen. And I also think the point about you know, they have one Game of the Year before, and you know from the Game Awards I supposed to talking about here, but you know a lot of times they come their games come out and they are highly consider they get like second from a lot of places, and it feels like this is the year where it's like, no, this is better than Final Fantasy seven, Like just I like everything about this better and Final Fantasy Sevemary Birth has one or two issues, in my opinion, and I think people might be like, let's finally really recognize Atlas this year. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the ordering of the list is probably I think it's a pretty good representation of where people are feeling overall, right now, I think it even in that order. Probably, I do think there is a bit of and in case I feel like our audience knows this at this point because we've talked about so much, But in case you don't, it's not like Jeff Kelley himself voting on these things. He doesn't have his own people. But it's a panel of games it's us, it's games media, people from across the industry all casting their votes, and they get talied up combined with some other stuff to fan vote or anything like that, but it's primarily games media declaring what theirs is. And so I do feel like there's still a not insignificant number of people who prey for the big epics over a smaller game, and so I'm not sure that the quality of Astrobot is enough to overcome the sheer value scope and like presentation of Metaphor and Final Fantasy. So I do think it's probably one of those two this year, yep. And I think you're right Metaphor, it's here to say, hey, Atlas is really freaking good at this And if you want an RPGs RPG for RPG fans, Metaphor is giving it to you final fantasy masterpiece in its own right, but definitely catering more towards the casual audience. So many people do say, yeah, now is the time for analys RPG to like guess flowers. Sometimes they do get robbed a little bit, like Persona five is one of the greatest games of all time, but it was not going to hold a candle to Breath of the Wilder super Mario Ossi back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yep. And that's I think people will take that into consideration a little bit. And uh and and yeah, it's you know, like anything, you kind of have to tell yourself a story, and like you want to feel good about your vote, and so I think Metaphor might be able to play on that a little bit. And clearly, based on the response, has earned it and deserves it. But Astroboto win, actually lotroh win.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see how this plays on our Game of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I think I do. I think I have a pretty good idea of how it actually is gonna go. But uh, but yeah, way.
Speaker 2: A lot of us are really high on certain games that just other people are could not care less about. It goes for astrobot, that goes for metaphor, it goes to fill fantasy. Like we all.
Speaker 1: Everyone kind of is. I know it's not might not be on MIC's list, but I think it's gonna be on everybody else.
Speaker 2: Bolt could like pull a a an Overwatch, an Overwatch of like splitting the audience so that way the two front runners of the year actually don't win, and Bellotro gets so many you know, like tertiary votes that winning exactly.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, we'll see, we'll see how it goes. All right, let's start wrapping things up. I have a poll question that we can bring up here. Actually, let me get there. We got Mere Fresh there and I'm gonna have to move that over there. There we go, Okay, do you want an Assassin's Creed Black Flag remake? I'm good, I'll just say yes, why not? H Thirty one percent said yes, sixty nine percent said no. Uh yeah. This is when they're definitely gonna have to make the case for right.
Speaker 2: I don't think so the way the way you all were talking about the RDA, I don't think you realize this is like for a lot of people, the Assassin's Creed.
Speaker 1: I get that, right, but it's like, I just feel like people are like, it's the Assassin's Creed because it's the one that feels like, you know, the best of the modern crop and I just played it.
Speaker 2: I mean know that a lot of adults played when they were in like middle and high school es.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good point. Yeah, I guess. I mean like it years old, yeah for sure, but like it is ten years right since it came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, about ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, but it's like, I don't know, I feel like it's like they just did a rerelease of this game like four or five years ago. So yeah, like it's going to be kind of fresh in some people's minds.
Speaker 2: It speaks to how much the industry has slowed down that a game like this where like ten years, ten or eleven whatever it is years out and people are like, oh no, this can't get remade. And then you think back to say, are One remake, Pokemon Fire, Redleaf, Green, Twin Snakes, How those games were like six years out from their originals. They were getting full oft remake remakes. It's just kind of funny. And I think obviously the pandemic robbed us of a couple of years there as part of why time has dilated there for us.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: So No, I think it could be an interesting one to put out still, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I think it's gonna be one that's good, that's going to do fine. I just think when they present it, I think they're gonna have to give, like really point out all the reasons that this is a new version of that game, and that will win over the people who right now are saying no, and I think they will quickly jump over to yes once you be. She makes a couple of points about here's why.
Speaker 2: This same some gameplay stuff. It was never my game. But if people have issues with the gameplay, like point that out and that's what people go, Oh, Okay, it's a better version of this game. I like, sure, maybe I'll pick it.
Speaker 1: Up exactly all right, new pole question here in a second in the meantime, Sean, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: I am on Twitter dot com still as Turbo Shawn underscore Sahawn. I am here on Giant Bomb doing stuff later today. We got Worms Wednesday popping off, right, That's right.
Speaker 1: We got Worms Wednesday at the three Eastern. Yeah, it's going to be in the Blake Club spot a spot because Lucy is out on assignment obviously, since she's not here today on this show, but she'll be around on Friday, so we'll have Blake on Friday. But today it is Worms Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you all yeah, I know, we had some issues with Armageddon on Friday because that's an older game. We're doing Worms WMD, Worms and Mess Destruction I guess, much more modern one, so it's going to be a better stream overall. So if you like the the chaos that we had on upf ther day, I think I think you'll date this one. I some pun with this and I tested the game out with some friends the other night. It's running well and things just go a lot more smoothly, So that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Teeter, he's practicing. You know that's not allowed on Giant Bomb. No practice.
Speaker 2: I played so much Worms, dude, Like, I'm so far haved of you. I know my skills didn't exactly like that on Friday.
Speaker 1: You were playing. I'm like I don't think I've played this in a quarter of a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Dan are talking about the game you never played? Yeah, and then yeah, any of this speaking of Dan Dan in Japan, go watch the travelog after you're done listening to this. It's a nice little like twenty five minute one, so you know, it's a nice solid watch there, but not too long and can get in and like your lunch break or something. And I had a lot of fun with that one, so please go check it out because there's some there's some good gags and goofs in there. I think people enjoy.
Speaker 1: I gotta make my worms team. I'll do that right after this. All right, Yeah, go check out that travelog. It's it. It looks like it's a lot of fun. I'm gonna watch it myself right after this. All right, new poll question here it is are you getting Nintendo alarmo? Yes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And rubbing temples and sign wtf? Those your options? I want you to do it?
Speaker 2: Can we do a bonus poll? I think gon toss a bonus poll up there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you want to converse of we sports?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, let's just do that to do that as well. Yeah, yeah, we Sports.
Speaker 2: I just need vindication or you know, cry at how old our audience is.
Speaker 1: I'm I could check in on the Twitter one at this moment with thirteen hundred votes, almost fourteen hundred votes. Duck Hunt is losing with twenty three point six percent of.
Speaker 2: That Thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay Sports is seventy six point four percent.
Speaker 2: My mic has two hundred altaccounts are kind of battling.
Speaker 1: Everyone doing what you can out there but not quite pulling it off. Yeah, people are like, even people are like, that's pretty good for duck Hunt getting twenty three point six percent. All right, anything else, well, yeah, we'll get We'll get the results of this poll on Game Mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb, for the rest of the week, you can't expect more Game Mess Mornings. You can't expect voicemail Dump Truck tomorrow with special guest chef reacts.
Speaker 2: Uh seven oh seven exit flu get your food questions in for that one.
Speaker 1: It's it's still time, but not a lot more time. So make those calls.
Speaker 2: Tonight at three am and maybe may go listen to the last episode if you haven't listened to it before, because that one was that was an all timer. Yeah, that was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they'll also give you an idea of the Dan food stories that did not.
Speaker 2: Come exactly the type of things we're looking for.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, tomorrow we'll probably we're gonna play some sparking zero in this website. Let's do that. We'll play some sparking zero, show you guys off some some dragon ball. Mike didn mention he played it, and he agreed with us what I said on the BombCast yesterday. I still think it's it's perfectly fine, and.
Speaker 2: It's for fans. Yes, absolutely a love layer for fans. So definitely not gonna be for everyone, but it's cool to exist for those who ran.
Speaker 1: Of the genre. Rejoice.
Speaker 3: And then exactly, broading demands, broading demand on frauding demand increases, Broading demand does always increase. Keep that in mind everybody on Friday, game this mornings once again, and then we BCR could pop in at any point forget when GM wants to do it exactly.
Speaker 2: So the plan is to do GMM then like immediately do BCR after that, and then do Blake Club after that. So it's going to be a rapid fire Friday, and.
Speaker 1: That BCR will be a focus on metaphor, so a little bit even more.
Speaker 2: It should just be a metaphor, a metaphor review.
Speaker 1: Cast and then uh yes, and then on Friday, I forget. Oh no, that's right, that's when we're doing Blake Club. So yeah, that's right. Okay, right, cool, now, excellent, that's a week. Yes, I will sit out BCRJ And if you do not. In me, it sounds like he's got the whole crew over there ready to go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I think we might even have more people than usually if everything lines up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I think that'd be ideal for that conversation. I want to hear as many voices as possible from people who played a variety of different hours. So yeah, I'm looking forward to listening to it at the very least. All right, everybody, Sean, thank you so much for hanging out with me today talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a fun time.
Speaker 1: Jeff, thank you everybody for listening and watching at home. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.