Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, definitely for children of all ages. Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as a stand up comedian and actor, and now an evangelist for Christ.
Speaker 2: Here he is your host, my host, power host Kde.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister movie Bone, and thank you for listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Spreaker, Spotify, Apple, iTunes, Google Play, and more. We thank you guys for following us over the last several years, and especially you guys in seventeen countries worldwide, including Vietnam, Beans, Mexico, Spain, the continent of Africa, the good old United States, and of course our friends to the north Canada and our friends to the South Mexico. Thank you, guys for listening to Let's Get Biblical. What is this about? What did you stumble upon? My goodness, graciousness, does not sound like a biblical podcast to me, Some of you white haired wisdom carriers of faith, and maybe even some of you non believers and atheists out there going wait a minute, there's something different about this guy. Delivering the Gospel. Yes, that's our goal. As a former stand up comedian actor, I love to take the scriptures of the bibl e the basic constructions before leaving Earth manual, wrap them around your life, my life, and the collective world around us with the forms of using testimony transparency, which is very key these days in hopes of transformation in your life, my life, and again the collective world around us. So let's get started with another episode of Let's Get Biblical with kad and today. If you listen, last week we talked a lot about the power of prayer, and we are going to talk about that direct connection that we have with God. You may be a non believer and you're questioning yourself right now. Have you ever picked up your cell phone and never had coverage? Nah, We've always had great carriers out there. Come on, Nah. You know Grandpa's cell phone, you know it still flips open and he can't really see the letters and the connections horrible. Maybe you have T Mobile at and T and those connection is not always the best in certain places. Well, the connection with God is always consistent through the form of prayer and as a matter of fact, legendary hip hop singer said it best himself, especially when I was younger. Mc Hammer. Mc Hammer said it best. You got to pray just to make it today. And you know what, he was right. You know I heard this song many many moons ago as a young child, a teenager, many moons ago. We're not going to go how many moons by the way, but he was right, we have to pray just to make it today. Now, you may be a non believer, guess what. It's okay, you can still pray. You may be an atheist, guess what. You can still question God by the form of prayer. But how do I pray? Katie. We're going to talk a little bit about that today and the acronym that I use and the phrase that I use. We shared it last week, we shared a lot on the show, and I felt like we needed to share it again today, and that is, if you want to be rich in life, you got to be po Poe pray over everything. Oh it's that easy. It is that easy. But there's a trick to it. I knew it. I knew it. It's like buying something on a CVC or on TV. The price is too good to be true. Katie, No, you have to have faith, you really do. You have to have faith. You have to have faith in the fact that there is someone that loves you so much, that is willing to listen to you at all times. And guess what, when you really dig into your faith and that relationship is strong, you can feel him respond. He may respond in the form of something you're reading, something you're listening to, maybe a you know, a podcast, I don't know, maybe a song, maybe a billboard, maybe a bumper stick or T shirt and it just is like, wow, that hit me. Maybe something you're scrolling on social media. He speaks to us in many ways. But our direct connection our flip phone to God. Man, I use the word flip phone, our cell phone to God. I'm still stuck on Uncle Joe and Grandpa's flip phone. I'll be honest with you. We're having fun today. Our direct connection, our cell phone to God is the form of prayer. You know. The crazy thing is we have the Internet and cell phones in front of us, and we use it for the most obscure, mindless stuff. But you can put in how to pray and it comes up. I just tried it just for the sake of the show to see what it would say, because I have my own things to say, and we are gonna dig into the Bible with a couple scriptures wrapped around prayer, and we're gonna talk about how to pray because some people don't know how to pray. Do I just close my eyes, open my ead? You know? Do I I say something like the disciples did? Do I got to have big, long words in order to get to the Lord. No, not at all, because the key is faith that you're speaking to him. The next key ingredient is also knowing. He already knows your heart. He knows what you're gonna say before you even say it. So you're like, so, what's the sense, Well, you got have faith to speak to him. Okay, I know what my kids are doing in the other room when it gets really quiet. Parents, you know what I'm talking about, and they know that I know without even speaking to me. So it's up to them to act upon what they're gonna do in a good way or a bad way. But when you google about prayer, it's pretty interesting. It says prayer in the Bible is a heartfelt conversation with God, truth facts, absolutely encompassing praise, confession, thanksgiving and requests and is central to a believer's relationship with him. Boom nailed it right on the money way to go Google. That is absolutely right. That is all perfect. Praise Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for waking me up. We always forget about the little things to praise him for. It's not the amount of money in your pocket. You want to praise them for your health, even if you're sick today. Guess what you're breathing when you pray for the little things, including Thanksgiving and praise. Thank you for this day, regardless of how bad of a day I'm having. But I know you're in the midst of it. That's confession requests. Lord. I'm having trouble right now, financially, I'm having troubles with the best friend. I'm having troubles with a spouse. Lord, this is what's going on. I need your help. This builds that relationship. I have a few friends that reach out to me and they always ask for prayer, and I say, well, why don't you pray and I'll pray with you. Oh I do no, no, no, I don't know what to pray for. I know I'm I'm going through a relationship with you. Well, I don't know what you're going through because you're not allowing to develop a relationship with me to fully know what I need to pray for. You. See, God knows everything. He knows, so just open up your heart to him. What is the purpose of prayer. It's just communication with God, it really is. I think that you're gonna hear from Him again. That's that faith thing. When you don't think something's gonna happen, you have no faith. Now there's different types of prayer as well, prayers of confession, Lord, I have sinned, Lord, take away my sin. I have the sin of watching pornography. I drink too much, I put needles into my arms, I beat my spouse, I hurt my kids. You know the sins that you have, so does he, and you need to go to him openly confess. One of my favorite ways to praise or prayer. See how prayer and praise go together, is to praise I love. I don't have to drop to my knees all the time. I don't have to go to my bedside. These are all things that TV and stuff show you. Yes, it's cool to do from time to time, absolutely because it shows humility when you drop to your knees. But man, he loves to hear us sing. You may be the worst singer in the world. Okay, unless you're in the shower, of course, I get it. But when I start singing songs of praise, when I'm listening to say Kay Love and other great Christian music out there, Zach Williams, Jeremy Camp, things of that nature, La Craye, Andy minneow, and I'm just singing these things things I hear in church. Man, he just starts smiling. That's a form of prayer. We don't have to have these elaborate, crazy prayers. And I joke around all the time when we talk about this, and one of the things I love to say is we don't have to say things from the King James Bible where they're big, deep words, Thou shalt now owl brown cow. You know we don't have to say that. Lord, I need you. I'm having a horrible day. You know what. You may be new in faith, and you may use explicitives, you may what the's going on? Why the am I going through this? And I'm being honest with you because I know where you're at. I've been there many have too. But the moment that you show whom humility and you become humble, especially in prayer and speaking to him, man, it's an amazing, amazing feeling. Prayers a petition request God's help for personal needs. Those prayers of thanksgiving is expressing gratitude. Another one is called innercessary prayers. Pray on the behalf of others. A mother sick, I pray for her health. My best friend is going through it. I do a lot of intercessory prayers with friends and brothers at church and what they're going through. You see. The things that you need to remember is to be consistent, pray without ceasing. What does that mean. You may hear that it means pray all the time, and you may not be there yet because you may be new in faith. So what would I do if I'm not? You know, been in the walk with Jesus for a long time, Katie, Well, morning afternoon, whenever you get a chance, when you get that nudge, Lord, thank you for this package arriving, Lord, thank you for this food. Then eventually you're gonna be so grateful for the things that you have, regardless of the situations you may be in. Then you're gonna start praying for those situations. Then you're gonna pray for others. But you got to be consistent and eventually you're gonna pray over everything. Be po to be rich in life. And I love this because I pray all the time. I'm walking through my house, I'm cleaning, and I'm just kind of got thoughts on my heads of the Lord. Man. I'm grateful, Lord, thank you, even when I'm going through it. Why am I fighting with my wife? Lord? It's constant? Why are my kids acting up? Things of this nature. Consistency is key. Faith and trust. We started the show with faith and trust. Right, be honest, be simple, don't do these big, elaborate prayers. There's nothing wrong with just being simple. He knows where you're at in your walk, He knows what's going on in your life. And when you let go and let God, like we talked in the last episode, this happens with prayer too. Let go and let God. He already knows. He already knows the plans that He's made for you. We make them harder. When we let go, things start to happen a little bit easier. Maybe a rocky road, but see that big rock on the road. Normally in the past we'd be so upset we try to kick it, break our toe. Bad things happen. Right well, he's teaching you now, hey, I'm lighting your path. Watch out for that rock. You're like, okay, you move around it, stupid rock. You know, you just move on the path will get easier, especially through prayer. It does. Will you go through bad times. Absolutely, this is not a special magic or fairy dust being sprinkled upon you where you're invisible to bad things in life. When we go through things, it's to test our faith to God and it builds us to be stronger. And your testimonies in those situations are to be shared with others, just like I share with you. I love the power of prayer, and when I first started out, I was like, Eh, yes, dear God, you know I don't know what to prayer for. I pray for my kids and their health, and you know things could be better. But you know, I guess I know what you're doing. I was being heartfelt regardless if I was questioning, and my faith was kind of wavering. But when I remained consistent in prayer, that relationship got bigger. My faith became stronger. I became more honest, more simple, and all of a sudden, just doors were knocking, doors were opening up, and just so amazing things started happening. Now again, bad things do happen, But when you stay consistent in prayer, that is opening up in that cell phone to the Lord and saying, hey, what's up. I need to talk to you. I want to share a song with you, guys here in this break. I saw it on the Internet and what attracted me to it was the two artists, Luke Combs and George Straight. Now I want you to pump the brakes. This song is not by country legends Luke Colmbs and George Straight, but all over the internet that there's an AI version. Fans come together and put these two guys together on a track and it sounds like them. I would love to know who actually supplies the music. Is it a robot? Is it actually somebody real? And you're like, this show just took a turn, Katie, Now you're talking about AI. Hey, it happens. But this song is so powerful and it's called the power of Prayer. No matter who sings it. If you want to look it up and download it in your you know, favorite warship songs or whatever you guys do to listen to. It is Luke Comb's George Strait the power of a prayer. Check it out and when we return, let's get into those scriptures about prayer and should we be alone, won't we pray? We'll talk about that to close out the show.
Speaker 3: I've been down on my knees in the midnight rain, trying fin hold through the herd.
Speaker 1: And the pain ever tear that falls.
Speaker 4: He's counted them all, every stormble I take.
Speaker 2: He still lesser's the car.
Speaker 4: I've seen the storms roll in, I've seen rivers revise.
Speaker 3: But I've never been lost to the Father's eyes.
Speaker 4: From the chapel pews to the quiet nighter, I've seen love rebuilt by the power of a preyer.
Speaker 1: The power of a preyer.
Speaker 4: He can move the storm, he can deal Lot.
Speaker 3: And Kenny.
Speaker 1: Hall through the darks, not through the heavy. There's a lot that shine on a par whim broadsis there. Hold on to the power of a prayer. Absolutely, hold on to the power of a prayer. It is so impactful, it is so powerful. It is our direct connection to Christ. It really is so Katie, how do you pray, Where do you pray? When do you pray? Well, there's different forms of prayer, as we talked about before the Break. You can pray consistently in your mind to the Lord. You know that still voice that you have and it sounds like you're talking to yourself or am I just the only one? You know? I'm actually writing a children's book called If Not If. Actually it's called Imaginary Friend, and it kind of upset me when the movie came out with Ryan Reynolds. But it's actually called My Imaginary Friend and it's a children's book. I always thought it was my brother who had passed away that has always been around me speaking to me. You know, I always had that imaginary friend in my life, and I realized when I got older, it's Jesus speaking to me. He's always been right there, you know. So you get that still faint voice. And but I'm going through on my day, you know, like I said before the Break, when I'm cleaning or whatnot, I'm just being thankful or Lord, I need help with this, and I don't say it out loud all the time. You got to be careful with your prayers. Can ill you that because if you're speaking the prayers out loud alone. I've learned this over the last couple of years that there's another person listening, and that's the opposition. He's gonna love to twist your words. He's gonna go to God and say, Hey, you remember what Joni Janey, Mark John, whoever the name is that of praying, said about Hey, Lord, please strengthen me, make me stronger. Hey, give me that opportunity. God, let me test them, because I know they're not going to go to you, but let me test their strength. That's when we go through these things to make us stronger. You asked to be tested, so you're sitting there saying, Lord, give me strength. Well, you've got to be tested. You can't just walk into a gym look at the weights and say, oh, I walked out and now I've got six packs as No, you gotta be tested. So hotch how you say things, where you say things, maybe even just as you go into prayer, close your eyes like I do, and think of the words that you're going to say to Jesus, Dear God. I come to you in the precious name of Jesus, Dear Lord, help me with this and that but when you speak it out loud alone the opposition's listening. He's going to try to twist what you say and try to manipulate things in your life because he knows you're trying to go to the Father. So be careful with what you pray. Get around like minded believers. Pray in a group once you feel comfortable, pray alone. Pray alone. That's your intimate moment with the Lord. What does the Bible say about prayer? Tons, tons, It's like the basic foundation almost if you go through the Bible, mark chapter eleven, verse twenty four. Therefore, I tell you, whatever whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have it and receive it. There's the key. Some people will just read over that. Therefore, I tell you whatever I ask in prayer, believe that you have it and it will be yours. It says right there, God, it'll be mine. Why haven't you given it to me? Have you believed? Have you believed? I told you at the beginning of this program, right, I said? Faith? Therefore, I tell you whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have it, and believe that you've received it, and it'll be yours. The key words are believe and received. You got to believe that you already have it before you even get it. Dear Lord, I know you're going to deliver this. I know because it is in the mist. Now, Katie, what happens when prayer doesn't work? Where was your faith? Where was your belief? That's the first thing I'll ask you. You know, sometimes people think that prayer is a scratch off ticket. Dear Lord, I need a million dollars. Dear Lord, I need a million dollars and everything will be fine. Well, you haven't been able to manage the money you have. Now, that's why you're in the predicament you're in. What makes you think I'm going to give you a million dollars right now? But guess what, Hey, I'm going to give you a day off with pay Watch what happens. Let me see how you appreciate that blessing if you pass it by and not thank him like we said beginning of the show, prayers of thanksgiving, gratitude, there's one of the reasons why you may not get money. But prayer is not about money. It's not It's about building your personal relationship with Christ. You're going to go to one of your friends that you haven't spoken to in years, say hey, I need to borrow a million dollars. What are they going to tell you? Even if I had it, I'm not gonna give it to you because you're not going to be in that situation. And plus you haven't talked to me in years. But guess what, I do need somebody to help me out on this job. You can make X amount of money. You're gonna take advantage and take that job? Or are you gonna walk away? Go?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Thanks, humility, thankfulness, gratitude start there, Mark Chapter eleven, verse twenty four. Therefore, I tell you whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have it and received it, and it will be yours Romans eight twenty six. Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. The Spirit intercedes on our behalf. It is almost like our lawyer to God. Sometimes you may pray something while you're weak, and you forget certain things, but Spirit knows and goes to the Lord and says, hey, we need to help this one out. If you move to Matthew chapter six, verse six. But when you pray. I love this. Go into your room and shut the door, and pray to your father who is in secret, and your father, who sees in secret, will reward you. I love this because people ask where should I pray? How should I pray in secret? This is a command. This is go in your room, shut the door. When I record this podcast, when I'm studying my Bible, when I'm praying, I'm literally in a closet. I've developed a podcast room out of a closet in my home. You're like, dang, it must be a huge closet. No, but it's intimate. I can feel the presence of the Lord in the Holy Spirit. It's amazing, and when I go to him in these moments, a whole new world just opens up. I'm thankful for the things that the Lord has given me. I'm not a millionaire, nor would I want to be more money, more problems. But if blessings like that are bestowed upon me or my children, then they need to understand how to be humble in those moments when given certain things, whether it's money, health, and opportunity. I am blessed with opportunities by the Lord, and I am so thankful for them. Daily. My wife and I have been able to build a decent business on opportunities that God has given us. He hasn't given us a million dollars opportunities, and we take advantage of them, and we're gracious and humble in those opportunities. I hope that all comes together for you guys. As we close with Colossians Chapter four, Verse two, continue steady in prayer, steadfastly, it says, continue steadfastly in prayer. What does that mean? Be steady, be consistent, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. The Lord is so good for those of you that listen to the podcast. I read these not ahead of time. I read them as they're given to me. As I'm looking at the scriptures I'm scrolling down. I love using Openbible dot info, and you can put in Bible verses on whatever subject. So I'll put in Bible verses on prayer. Of course, I have them in front of me, but I don't pre read these. I'm reading the ones that pop out to me at that moment. And how good is the Lord when he just shared To close the show with Colossians Chapter four, Versus Chapter four, verse two. He's amazing. Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. What did I just tell you before? We talked about Colossians being thankful, being humble, being consistent. The Lord is so good sharing these words with me to you guys in hopes that you will come to him in prayer. So as we close this week, how, how Katie do I pray? Do I drop down to my knees? Well, we shared with you. Go into an area of being quiet. Now I know you may have kids running all around the house. Take a moment. That moment may be at midnight. That moment maybe when you have time to go somewhere and be quiet. You can speak to him in your mind as you're laying down. But I had read once somewhere would the Lord lay down and pray to you? That way? I want to be more respectful and sit up and prayer and open my hands to him showing obedience. And when we open up our hands, what this does, saying Lord come to me. This is a form of you letting it go as we spoke of last week, and you just let your heart go. That's it, Dear Lord. I need help. Dear Lord, I need you. Whatever comes to your heart, mind, body and soul. That's the Holy Spirit speaking to you. To speak to the Lord. We don't need a cell phone to connect to him. We got our Paul Piloh. See what I did there. We open our palms to Lord Katie. How can you be serious and do that? That's just who I am, Because now you're not going to forget it. We open our palms to Heaven and I loved it. Always start by saying this, Dear Lord. I come to you in the precious name of Jesus. Thank you for this day. Thank you for the opportunities you're going to give before me. Thank you for my health. Thank you for my family, thank you for my kids. Thank you for my business. Thank you for allowing me to deliver the ministry through various forms. Dear Lord, thank you for another day prayers of thanksgiving. I also want to pray to them about how powerfully is Dear Lord. Thank you for being so powerful and mighty. You are the Alpha, the Omega, the beginning and end. Thank you, Dear Lord. This is bothering me right now? Can I speak Honah? Dear Lord, My knee really hurts. But I know you can heal it in the name of Jesus, Amen, thanksgiving, praise, supplication, opening your heart him. It's that simple, it's that easy. And I love prayer. I love it so much because again, say it with me. You want to be rich in life, you got to be po poe pray over everything. Guys, thank you for listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical. Please like love, share this podcast, this link to your friends, family, because when you do so, you're just like the disciples. You are now spreading the word of the Lord in the areas of your life where he wants you to spread it. Listen, we don't have any sponsorships, we don't have anything like that to promote the podcast, and we're not worried about that, worried about spreading the gospel like in the Book of Acts, and we thank you for doing so. We'll see you next week. Guys, God bless y'all. Take care,