Speaker 1: Litaco, Orlando's rock station one O one one w j R. Our Tuesday ticket takeover at one O one one w j r R's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every Tuesday we do a Tuesday ticket takeover, your chance to win tickets to different jr R shows.
Speaker 3: You're not following us at one O one one w j r R.
Speaker 1: Even if you're not huge into the whole social media thing, just to sign up for the prize angle. We'll get it. We totally understand, totally get it. We just want you to have every opportunity to win free stuff. Hey, can you get to Kenya on just a regular visa or a regular passport? Do you also need a visa?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I never even thought of going to Kenya? Nothing against Kenya, but why I hadn't either until I saw this. And you know, when they finally kick us to the curb, we're gonna need something to do to pay the bills we're doing Kenyon Radio.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Can you get a hold of some test tubes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't get anything on Amazon, right.
Speaker 1: Get a bunch of those. We need to get to Kenya and get in the ant smuggling business.
Speaker 2: You realize you just said can you get me some test tubes? Kenya, get me. That's catchy, all right.
Speaker 3: So what do we have to get before to smuggle ants?
Speaker 1: Ants?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In fact, specifically giant African harvester ants. These some bitches are worth two hundred and twenty dollars each. Where do you get them?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: And after?
Speaker 1: Kenya? Huh you go and you just I guess they're just there. They're they're you know, found in that part of the world. And I guess people who are into collecting ants.
Speaker 2: Yes, you laugh, Taco, My father in law did it.
Speaker 1: They are spending two and twenty dollars each on these African harvester ants, which, in fact, talking to this dude who's the general manager of the insect dealing website called best ants UK, he said these ants are highly desirable for their big and beautiful size and it makes them attractive for those who want to keep ants's pets. The demand for rare insect species is growing. Collectors keep them in special habitats known as fourmercariums to watch them build their colonies.
Speaker 2: I told you my father in law collected ants. He didn't collect them, but he bought them online and had exactly what you just said in an ant colony.
Speaker 3: I'm not widding. I know you've mentioned that.
Speaker 1: Why is it due that the vast majority of us spending a good portion of time more so trying to kill ants and get rid of ants.
Speaker 2: But two d and twenty dollars each, now you got us go into Kenya to get.
Speaker 1: Pat dude, this would happen before before we open up that gd pizza place we've been had.
Speaker 2: Literally, we might as well just call that Pie in the sky. Yeah, that's a good idea. That's nice, that's a catchy pizza place name. This was really the job opportunity for us when that you were teasing. Oh, I got our next venture.
Speaker 1: Dude, Just some glass test tubes to put these hands in and smuggle them out of the country. That's why the story came up. These two idiots weren't savvy enough and got busted by Kenyan Wildlife Services.
Speaker 3: So, honey, guess what I guess we're gonna do next. I know, Bob, you've said it.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing your podcast and so and so, and you have advertisers and money people already backed up to you. By the way, we are going to do that down the road. But you're gonna do your podcast. Go Nope, that's off. We're going to collect African ants, African harvester ants.
Speaker 1: You're out of your mind. Fun facts here if you want on the harvest or ants?
Speaker 3: What else? Did I have?
Speaker 1: The largest of it species and can grow up to twenty millimeters long, with the queen growing up to twenty five millimeters, sir, the queen's probably worth more.
Speaker 3: Are you here on pleasure or business?
Speaker 2: El business? Definitely? Or ant collectors? You see that one night there in the test tube that unfortunately my business partner closed the lid on and it died.
Speaker 3: That was worth two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Dollars twenty what every dollar counts, man, No, this is just I'm gonna put this in the It's fun to have dreams stack of okay stuff. Anyway, Today is tax day for most of the country. We've already told you numerous times that the deadline extended here in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina til May first because of the hurricanes. And you know, you may not have been affected as much as some of our fellow citizens were, and thus they're being cut a little bit of a break to have more time to get their taxes done.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 1: It can be stressful tax time, although the penalties now pale in comparison to Roman times. A newly decoded nineteen year old papyrus shows how the Roman Empire dealt with tax sheets.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, since the Roman Empire pat that, those are the people that used to have the tigers and lions fighting humans.
Speaker 1: So Kidalias and Solos are two guys mentioned who were slave owners. They cooked up a scheme to dodge slave taxes by fake selling slaves across provincial borders. So they vanished from the tax rolls while actually keeping them right where they were. And they got busted, and they were put in front of a Roman judge who was so pissed off he had them fed live to leopards.
Speaker 2: Yep, see told you Roman Roman times were more than just numerals. There was a lot going on back then.
Speaker 3: Uh, you had the chance.
Speaker 1: They're also hold on the the other uh other sentences that were commonly carried out for tax cheats, decapitation, being eaten alive by leopards. Then there's also for lesser offenses criminally sentenced to working in salt mines. Hard labor and salt mines.
Speaker 2: So if you had a chance forget all that, if you had a chance to go to a Roman you know, the big colosseum and watch people battling gladiators, animals with the you know, the big mental things that you can call them gladiators or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, would you go?
Speaker 1: Would you would you tell?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would.
Speaker 2: I figured we're all Neanderthals deep at heart. Yeah, because I would too. I mean, it's just like it's like it's like an old time NASCAR where you're kind.
Speaker 3: Of just going, you know, for the Rex and.
Speaker 2: Never heard the Roman Empire compared to NASCAR, But hey, okay.
Speaker 3: You know now it's more PCs.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, although Bristol ironically is the last great coliseum.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna watch this guy crash into a Oh that's my goal here today. You know, it delays the race that I kind of am gonna complain about later. Man in the race last eight hours because there were so many wracks.
Speaker 3: You love the Rex.
Speaker 1: The owner of an auto parts shop in South New Jersey is mystified as to what exactly crashed through his roof the other night. It was captured on video. I have the video for you. In fact, several different angles from nearby businesses and homes that also caught this. You'd think, from what this is like a meteor or something, but there's they haven't been able to find anything inside the shop where all the damage was done. It all happened in literally just a flash there with a literal flash and bang.
Speaker 3: Is it the airplane ice.
Speaker 1: That's why I looked up.
Speaker 4: I saw the giant hole up there in the ceiling, a sizeable dent in a thick steel gauge box. And so that's when I went to my cameras and I found all the videos and realized what had actually happened, you know, with the giant flash outside and then the impact in here. You eventually see like a giant fireball come through the ceiling and then everything come flying down the roof with it.
Speaker 1: Because of the fireball, I don't think it had anything to do with the ice that you know, you would first suspect, you would think more meteor or something with them. They you go and you watch this it comes through. He talks about where it came through the roof. They show the hole in the roof, the big flash that occurred. This is in the middle of the night. It hit this this metal contraption that he's talking about. Denton the hell out of that and then all this stuff is busted up on the floor, but there's no.
Speaker 3: Evidence of anything that came through. It's from one of those cathedrals or whatever. One of the colisseums.
Speaker 2: You know, the flying ball where they pull back, you know, like a big sling shot. Somebody was reenacting Colisseum days. Eat my Live by, Lions are Leopards, Hold my bear, pull my beer, and the other guy's pulling back the fireball.
Speaker 1: Let her right across the river in Philly.
Speaker 3: We'll show them Orlando's rock station.