Speaker 1: Your talk, your morning news on the way to work at all.
Speaker 2: Day in fault check in throughout the day fifty.
Speaker 1: Five k r C D talkstation coming up on eight oh six here at fifty five kr S E talk station, Bright Time. I was fishing everyone a very happy Tuesday. And thanks again to Dan Carroll for covering for me yesterday. Oh it is a pleasure having him cover and I know it is a wonderful job and understanding he had a conversation with Brad Winsterp yesterday, so I'm gonna have to go back and check out that podcast. You can find that at fifty five KRC dot com. Also my conversation with Christopher Smithman Orlandossanza on at the last hour at seven oh five on immigration. And right now it is time every Tuesday, at this time we get the inside scoop from bright Bart. You got a bookmark at Breitbart dot com b R E I T B A r T dot com. Great reporting there, most notably by Joel Pollock, who's return of the program to help us unfold the fall of the shar Ali sade in Syria. Welcome Joel in a very happy Tuesday. Tell you good to heavy back on great with very complicated situation unfolding in Syria. It's like the fall of the Berlin Wall. What's next? Bscharlisad, obviously an extremely violent and murderous individual, has been involved in a civil war in his country now for going on thirteen years. It seems like there's multiple factions that have been fighting against them, and it looks to be like one of those the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So while you had everyone sort of uniformly going after Basharlasad and fighting him and his collectives, backed by Iran and Russia, looks like Iran and Russia both kind of pulled the plug on their support and that led to the almost immediate fall of Basharlisad. He apparently has now fled to Russia, who's giving him a sanctuary. But what becomes of Syria now that these multiple factions are now seemingly left sort of in charge. We've got a while to work this all out, Joel.
Speaker 2: Well, Syria is a disaster. It's going to continue to be a disaster, but at least it won't be a disaster that helps Iran. And what's been happening over the last forty eight hours since the Assad regime fell has been a number of things. First of all, you've got the rebels trying to consolidate power, and they're going to Assad's prisons. They're opening them, emptying them. Political prisoners are being released. This is the part that people are celebrating because Assad ran these torture prisons. There are Lebanese Christians who were imprisoned in Assad's jails for decades after being arrested in Lebanon for activism against Syria, because the Syrian regime occupied Lebanon for a long time. So there are some scenes of rejoicing and so forth. At the same time, there are reports of attacks and atrocities and other incidents happening, especially in the minority communities in Syria. The Asad regime was terrible for everybody, but he posed as a protector of Christians and other minorities. He himself was not a Muslim. He was from a minority sect called the Alowhites, who lived primarily on the coast. So the Syrian regime said that it protected minorities. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, they imprisoned Lebanese Christians and were certainly not kind to the Jewish minority in Syria which fled, but there have been a lot of concerns about the fate of the Kourds, the Christians and the Alohites and so forth. And then you've got Israel, which is using the vacuum of power in Syria to destroy whatever is left of the Syrian military. Israel has been conducting hundreds of air raids every day. According to reports, the flight of F fifteen aircraft is just constant over Israel, as the Israeli Air Force takes off almost as soon as it lands to go bomb something else in Syria, avoiding civilians, which is why you're not hearing about civilian casualties in Israeli bombing. They're even avoiding the rebels. They're not avoiding they're not attacking the rebel military. They're not attacking troops, but they are attacking equipment and they're attacking chemical weapons production facilities. So what they're doing is they're removing any threats that the rebels might be able to get these weapons into their hands, and they're also removing any air defenses that Syria might use to defend Iran from a potential strike on Iran's nuclear program. There is a possibility that given that there are only about five weeks left, but before President Trump takes office five or six weeks that Israel may use that period to knock out Iran's nuclear program. Iran is now defenseless. They've lost Hesbala, They've lost Syria, They've lost Hamas after starting a war with Israel on October seventh last year through Hamas. So Israel is now going to take the opportunity to make sure that Iran can never become a nuclear power. Potentially, but Iran has no air defenses and now it has no advanced warning. In Syria, the Israeli Air Force dominates the Syrian skies and will do so for the foreseeable future. I'll tell you something really interesting. Less than three weeks ago, I was in Israel and I was standing on the slopes of a mountain called Mount Ramon. There are two mountains in northeastern Israel, and the goal on heights. One is called Carmon. One is called Hard Dove or Mountain Dove. Mountain Dove is a flashpoint between Israel and Hesbola had been attacking places on Mountain Dove, and in fact, a couple days after I was there, there was a drone attack on the troops that I had been with. But Mount Caramone is an even higher peak. The Israelis have a military base on the side of Mount Carmon, and the Syrians for over fifty years had a military base on the top on the very peak, So the top of Mount Cremone was Syrian on. That was under an agreement to end the nineteen seventy three war that Syria started with Israel. On Sunday, the Israeli special forces took the peak of the mountain, and the Israelis now take They now occupy the peak of Mount Armon, So the Israelis have that peak of the mountain that I was standing on. I was just on the on the side near the peak, but not at the top. So now they have that mountain, which is crucial for Israel's defense against drones and rockets and so forth flying in from Lebanon and from other places. So I don't think the israel Is going to give back that territory.
Speaker 1: No, no, they will. If I had to make a prediction, I put it all in on them keeping the entire to the goal on heights that is strategically, that's why Israel needs it because it looks down over the country and it represents an easy opportunity for anybody with rockets military base up there to launch an attack on Israel. So the strategic significance cannot be understated. But let me let me ask you this. I've been kind of puzzling over this and just wanted to get your reaction, Joe Pollock Head. The Iranians not and I presume on some level the Iranians approve the attack coming out of the of Gods on Israel. Had that October attack not occurred, would this situation be where we are today in Syria? Well, did they undermine the day?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have because the October seventh attack prompted Israel to respond by declaring that this would never be able to happen again. In order to do that, Israel had to take out the threats on its borders. So no one would like to say that the October seventh attack was a good thing, but it did force the issue. I will say this also, it wasn't necessary that things happened in precisely the way they did. But had the Biden Harrison administration been stronger in its response, had they allowed Israel to do what it needed to do. Had they also put pressure on Iran instead of sending billions of dollars to Iran, then October seventh itself might never have happened. So you know how much further fact do you want to go? But you know, this wouldn't have happened and didn't happen under Donald Trump. Not that aside, again would have been good to keep in power either. It's just that what happened here was the Uranian regime was able to do whatever it wanted to do because the Biden Harris administration allowed it to. And the only reason that you're seeing has Wella defeated and the Syrian regime collapsing is because the ordinary Israeli decided they were never going to allow this to happen again. It wasn't like Nishennawu decided. In fact, when I was in Israel and October twenty twenty three, just after the October seventh attack, I talked to people who were joining their reserve units going to the military after the call up. They were preparing to go into Gaza, and the determination of the Israeli people to make sure Hamas could never harm them again was so strong that if they didn't invade Gaza, and remember they hadn't gone in at that point, they didn't in vague Gaza. I felt like the army would have turned around, gone back to Jerusalem, overthrown Nitsa Yahoo, and then gone into Gaza. But yeah, the Israeli people keep in mind also who's fighting in these wars. So Israel has a very small, regular professional army. It's an army of conscripts. Everybody goes. To call it an army of conscripts is to belittle the enthusiasm with which Israelis go to the military. Aside from religious Israelis and a few others, many Israelis are very pleased to go to the military. They're drafted, they have to go, but they're very excited to go. And people serve in the reserve units until their mid forties. So a lot of the fighting right now is being done by dads with small children, who have jobs and careers, and some of them even live overseas. They may be working in the United States and Europe. They get the call up, they go home, and they leave their families for months at a time. Those are the men and sometimes women who have won the war. They are just determined never to allow the situation to happen again. So the face of the Middle East has really been changed, not firecturbery seventh necessarily, but by the sheer determination of the Israeli people to survive and to make sure that they can never be attacked again.
Speaker 1: Well, and I certainly understand that and is an amazing thing to behold. I guess in many respects, I kind of think about like the Ukrainians and they've called up and got literally every person who's still alive to join the army to try to defend the country with obviously not a whole lot of success right now. But moving back over to Israel and the situation in Syria, I'm wondering how much influence we have, the Turkish influence, because they have a vested interest in making sure their border with Syria is secure, and maybe whatever future administration runs Syria, they're going to have some involvement with it. Iranians look like they're completely out of it. The Russians looks like they're completely out of it. I guess I just wonder, you know what future lies in store for Syria because these rebel forces, lot of Islamic fundamentalists in there, which is not a good thing for Israel and a lot of the other countries that are surrounding it.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know what the future is to Syria. The likeliest future is that it remains a disunited, divided place. The Turks are going to probably take some kind of territory that they want to come to the Kurt. The Israelis have moved their military, as I said, onto the peak of the mountain and the buffer zone that used to exist between Israel and Syria because they need to protect themselves against the rebels. And who knows whether this Islamist ragtag bunch can administer the country. I mean, if you had to make a prediction, you would probably predict that it ends up in civil war for quite some time, because there are a variety of factions there. Yeah, and you know the problem is, I mean this morning's headline in political the Biden Harris administration is thinking of changing the terrorist designation the group that actually overthrew the regime or the rebel group that led the rebellion. You know, this is a terrible idea. The same mistake they made with the hutis the fact that they want a country doesn't make them any less terrorists. You know these people. The leader is a guy named al Jabulani, which in Hebrew is al Golani. But he wasn't even born in Syria, but his parents are Syrian and he traces his roots. He says to the Golan, which tells you he's not going to stop at Damascus. He wants to take the Golan back from Israel, which Israel will never give back because it is such an important strategic territory. So the rebels clearly are trying to cause trouble. It's going to be a mass in Syria for quite some time. And you know, it troubles me that the first instinct of the US under Democratic Party rule is to throw a bunch of money at them and hope it helps them.
Speaker 1: Well, who will be arming this dysfunctional, disparate, ragtag group of various factstions. I mean again, I just I sort of maybe overstating the case. Iranian pulled, the Iranians pull the plug. The Russians pulled the plug. They were You know, I'm in large part responsible for a lot of the arms and weapons shipping in If the rest of the world just just says, hey, you know, you know, we're not going to give any weapons of the Syrian rebels, and that would just be the end of it, wouldn't it. They couldn't launch any major offensive against Israel, or take back the goal on Heights, or fight off the Turks, as the case may be. They would just be a sort of a dysfunctional, impoverished third world country, wouldn't they.
Speaker 2: Well, the Turks are very much involved there. The Turks are probably going to make sure that these rebels continue to receive arms. Really we need to reevaluate, Yeah, we need to reevaluate our relationship with Turkey. They have been supportive of Sunni terrorism, particularly against Israel. They have hosted the Hamas leaders, they have given rhetorical supports and other forms of support to Hamas, and they're also behind the Syrian rebels. You know, Yes, Israel destroyed has Bola, leaving the Asad regime defenseless. And that's not why Israel did it. Israel did it because Hesbola attacked it, right, But but it's also the fact that the Syrian rebels got a lot of help from the Turks and that Airdwon sees himself as a leader of a Sunni Islamist revival, and the Turks may be involved in Syria in a very deep and nefarious way. So you know, that's why Israel is basically taking a buffer zone, even though you know, the odd thing is that Israel and Turkey until Airedione, were actually good allies. But Airedwan, because he's an Islamist, does not want to work and play nicely with Israel, so he's basically making advances in Syria. The United States has interests there. We have troops there to counter ISIS, but there are some ISIS branches that are involved in the Syrian rebels, so we're probably going to have to maintain some presence there. Trump may say he wants to pull them out. That could happen, but then what happens to the Kurage, who have been our allies against ISIS. So look, it's going to be a mess. The only thing I can tell you is that Iran has lost. Iran has lost the most important forward buffer and staging base that it had for its terrorist operations. The Iranian regime is very, very vulnerable. The Iranian people are great friends of America, and it would be incredible if the regime would somehow disappear and a new pro Western government would take over in Iran. Then we'd have a real ally there to help counter the threats that might emerge from disorganized Syria. But we'll see. For the meantime, Israel is destroying whatever military assets the rebels might have hoped to get their hands on, and we'll just have to see. The Biden administration again, of course, is trying to shovel money at them. You know, if humanitarian aid, let's get some eight. You know, this is the same mistake they made with the UTIs. They took the uties off the terroorri lists so they could send Yemen a bunch of money, and look what happened. People like you were screaming, you can't do this, you can't do this. We've got a US Navy base across the Strait from yeah, and you know they're gonna and of course they disrupted international shipping and continue to do so. So you know, there's no sense of reality among the bureaucratsy staff these Democratic party administrations. But we'll have to just see.
Speaker 1: Really makes you wonder why ultimately, Joel Paulocke Brightbart dot Com book market, Joel, I love having you on the program. I appreciate your thoughtful insight and we all have our you know, metaphorical popcorn out as we wait to see what happens in Syria. We'll talk again real soon and keep up the great.
Speaker 2: Work at Breitbart, all right, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Eight twenty two fifty five Kirscity Talk Station. Get in touch with Chimneycare Fireplaces though, and don't put it off. People lit their fireplace for the first time and maybe you found out you had a problem. Mike, I know you did these gas fireplace and first time you let it, Oh, the house start to get smoky. What's going on? Well, phone call a Chimneycare fireplace instead of schedule of deployment to get that looked at, because it could be very, very very dangerous, which is why I always say get a carbon monoxide detector. But beyond that, you got to think of your safety. So have one of the professionals from Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove inspect your chimney thoroughly, whether it's connected to a free standing stove or a wood waste peal of stove or just your standard run of the mill. And yes, gas fireplaces as well needed thorough inspection. They do literally everything tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement, UH sweeping of course, and have them clean your dryer event when they're out there, or just call them for that alone. Chimneycareco. Dot Commerce where you'll find them a plus for the better business buer have been that way for years and years. Locally interoperated since nineteen eighty eight five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five car the talk station