Speaker 1: It's nice Boston's news radio, all right.
Speaker 2: So for those of you who have just joined us, here is the theory Joe batten fell Boston Herald Today came up with. I thought something that was pretty credible. Unlike my friend Frank from Northbridge, who is convinced that Donald Trump is going to drop out of the race. And Frank, even though you weren't willing to say to me that you would offer an apology to me if that happens in the unlikely event, in the highly unlikely event, I will acknowledge, and I will give you a.
Speaker 3: Chance to take a victory lamp here.
Speaker 2: But suffice it to say, suffice it to say, there is I think a real credible theory that Joe Baton felt Maine in the Boston Herald today, and that is that if all of a sudden the Democrat happened to think that Kamala Harris's Kamala Harris's lead is slipping away, and I don't think she has a lead now. I think that everyone is saying this is a really tight race. And remember this what matters is the electoral College, and Donald Trump can underperform and could lose, very easily lose the popular vote as he did in twenty sixteen and still prevail on the electoral college. And part of that is that you have states like New York and California, which in Massachusetts, which go overwhelmingly Democrat. So in California, which has a lot of electoral votes, put them in Harris's column right now. But she will have a win out there with you know, a couple of million votes. And the states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, that's why they call them the battleground states. They could be decided by thirty thousand, forty thousand votes. But anyway, so if let us say the Democrats felt Kamala Harris's lead was slipping away, is it.
Speaker 3: Possible, that's the question.
Speaker 2: Is it possible that the Democrats could basically employ what would be the biggest October surprise of them all, the grandaddy of them all. They would go to President Biden say to him, look, it's important that Donald Trump. It's just as important that Vice President Harris be elected. But what's most important is that Donald Trump be defeated, and they might convince him to resign the office, make Kamala Harris the president. The incumbent forty seventh president of the United States, and there could be a ground swell of support, patriotic support for first female president to be Donale become president by virtue of Joe Biden's resignation, but also to have her elected. So that's what I'm talking about, and that's what Joe Battenfeld talked about today. And if you think it's crazy, feel free. But don't tell me that you think Donald Trump is going to drop out too to do a plea bargain. I mean not happening. Hey, let's go to Greg and Dorchester. Heh, Greg, welcome back.
Speaker 4: How are you hi, Dan, Thanks for taking my call. I think it's I read the article. I think is quite possible. Anything can happen. But Frank didn't understand was the national poll, which is good if fury your head, but it doesn't count. It's down to the battle of tone the States that he just stated, and it's it's to go there. You know, anybody could win it. But the trouble would be it would be I think it could also backfire.
Speaker 3: Anything backfire.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's that's the only thing I'd be worried about in that case. Well, it's a good I don't think it's a.
Speaker 2: Bad Don't you think that there would be a lot of people who would say, Hey, she's president, let's give her a chance.
Speaker 3: Don't don't you think there would be some people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she'd be the president.
Speaker 3: Should be on. She might not be in the ballot.
Speaker 2: They would have to reprint ballots, and I don't think they could do it that late, but it would be, it would be, It would be stunning. Now again, if if that happens, we got to give Joe baden Fell credit. Uh, And I'll be interested. You know, someone like yourself. You're saying it's possible.
Speaker 3: That's all. I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying, do you think this anyway that Donald Trump is negotiating?
Speaker 2: As Frank said, I know you're a Democrat, You're a good, good solid Democrat.
Speaker 3: Do you think I mean, do you what do you think Frank is thinking? I mean, is he is he dreaming at that point?
Speaker 4: Or what any in that? Please?
Speaker 3: Well, Frank one of our callers from last.
Speaker 4: Hours, he's either way off. He just didn't even know what he's talking about. He talked about the national poll. I mean national poll's created for ten points ahead or something, and it still doesn't make you president. If you look way back in the sixties between Nixon and Kennedy, it was Cox County in Chicago that Kennedy like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, maybe some votes in Texas as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe some more like that, but the Soldi Couple's House votes. So if the lecture was held tomorrow, I think Trump might might just win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think the Democrats will not.
Speaker 4: Stretching their head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's like, how does this guy do this? I mean, that's that's he defies. I don't understand in many respects. After all the things that he said, the stuff he said on the Boss, the stuff that he said about eating cats and dogs, I mean, it's it's pretty weird, pretty weird.
Speaker 4: Going back to to Jimmy Carter, Preston Carter, the recent fight, he lost because it was because the show and they wanted to give up the Shaw. They sent him back to Iran and then Timmy Carter would President Carter would do That's why he lost election over.
Speaker 2: President Carter also had the misfortune when they tried to go in and rescue the hostages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 4: He was an easy man, Like you said, he was great. Yeah. I was watching him today actually and it was uh uh taking TV there about dark Corey this when he went to Narkorey and all that stuff, you know, was uh the documentary which was great, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Again to talk to you as well. Be well, my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, bye bye bye. Okay, keep rolling here. Yeah, it's eleven fifteen. Let me grab Christine from Dedham here real quickly. I don't want to have to have you. Wait Christine, you're next to night Side.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Hi, Dean, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great? Thanks for calling in. What's your what's your thought on this? Do you think it's possible that the Democrats, in desperation might go to President Biden and say, hey, let's do the right thing for the country.
Speaker 2: Mister president. All you have to do is sign this paper and give up the office. What do you think you think? I'm think Joe Battenfell is way off base.
Speaker 7: No, No, I think I think that could happen.
Speaker 3: It would be it would be the ultimate October surprise if it did happen. Though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and did you hear today that the Boston Hayda had a thing at the commentary protest about about his comment about the guys in the cat.
Speaker 2: I heard something on the radio. I'm gonna look at that. Look at that in tomorrow morning's newspapers.
Speaker 8: Did they get a big They had a big crowd.
Speaker 7: They said they're not going to vote for him come election time. They're gonna turn on him.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that he I don't know that they were likely to vote for him anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know that lost folks in that regard.
Speaker 7: I think he's lost. I think he's lost to vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: If he ever had it, I don't know why he would make that statement.
Speaker 3: Uh, if if he thought that that was true. Yeah, he should have done due diligence because he looked.
Speaker 2: Some of the memes that I have seen on Facebook and Twitter are absolutely hilarious. There was one I saw where they had this this dog who was sitting up with his eyes wide open, and of course they played me the sound of former President Trump saying, and they're eating cats and dogs. Yes again that the dog of course looked terrified.
Speaker 7: That this country is crazy, Dan, it really is.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got to hopefully get ourselves.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And when it's over I just hope when it's over, whoever wins, and I mean this seriously, that I I hope the country isn't ripped apart whoever wins, and I hope that everybody, uh says, Okay, the election's over. Now fill in the blank. Donald Trump president of the country, and let's give them a chance to see.
Speaker 5: What they want.
Speaker 7: What I want to hear about is healthcare and education and what they're going to do about the borders.
Speaker 2: You got those are those are three? And you can probably throw inflation in there too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cost of everything just keeps going on. Simple. Thanks Christine, We'll talk sooner.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: Six seven two five four ten thirty is one line and six one seven nine three one ten thirty. There's one line in both. You gotta fill them up quickly.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's conceivable that's what Joe Battenfeld is asking this morning, that Joe Biden might, either of his own volition or under some additional pressure from the from the leadership of the Democratic Party, would resign in order to give the presidency give the White House to Vice President Harris in advance of the election on November fifth. That would be the Ultimate Ultimate October Surprise. Back on Nightside. Feel free join us coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep rolling here, see what folks have to say here. Who's up next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Gary and Woolburn. Gary, I'm going to be interested. You always think outside the box. I think you'll I'll be to is what you have to say.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Gary, You're exactly right, and this is gonna be a short and sweet phone call. I'll let you do the hanging up at the end. I don't even know why you're talking about it. It seems like a useless subject. Joe Battenfeld's article. I mean, does it have any relevance? Or she's now the president, so everybody goes like, we're gonna give her a shot, We're gonna get all your.
Speaker 3: Niced about I think that that. Look if let's say on October fifteenth, Gary, the polls show that by that the president, former President Trump is pulling away. What do you think the Democrats are going to do? Just say, okay, we lost.
Speaker 9: I agree with that, but let's face it, after what's happened, the last four years. How do people get all excited about, whether it's Kamala Harris or anybody. I'm still in love with Nikky Haley. I mean, I just don't see any relevance, anything exciting about what you're talking about right now. But I thank you for letting me get on. I'll let you hang up on me.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to hang up on you. I'll let you go. But there's no reason. I'm not going to be uh be rude. You're you're a gentleman, and there's no reason for me to hang up.
Speaker 2: And if you've said what you had to say, I'll bid you, bid you a do until next time. Okay, let's keep rolling here, going next to Bob and rain him. Bob Gary doesn't like the topic. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: I like the topic.
Speaker 6: I think my viewpoint is that I think both parties, even the Democrats, want to get rid of Camil Harris. I think they have to get her out of the national spotlight. I think if you remember, either it was just before the election or it was just after the election when Joe Biden got elected Pelosi. I don't know how it came out, but she somehow was investigating. I believe it's a twenty fifth Amendment to you know, take the president out of office based on you know, incopacity, incompacitance or whatever.
Speaker 3: Incacity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the twenty fifth Amendment essentially gives the vice president the ability to convene the cabinet and talk to cabinet members and if a majority of them believe that the president should be removed from office.
Speaker 3: That that is there.
Speaker 2: But that's really in the case of an incapacitated I think someone the attention there was if someone you know, had a massive stroke and they were still alive.
Speaker 3: Again and plus.
Speaker 2: Well again, I think the the twenty fifth Amendment will would be used in only in extreme circumstances.
Speaker 6: I read the amendment, but I don't I believe that they did that anticipating that Biden was going to lose it while he was in office, which he did. But I think the fact that they never acted to put Harris in that position, you know, even a year or so ago, leads me to believe that they just got to get her out of there because they know how incompetent she is. I mean, she really is a dope. I mean everyone Okay, So.
Speaker 2: By the way, would it surprise you if I told you that the twenty fifth Amendment was adopted ratified on February tenth, nineteen sixty seven. Joe Biden wasn't even in the United States Senate. He wasn't elected to the United States Senate till nineteen seventy two. And you know, so it was not ratified in anticipation of a Joe Biden presidency because Joe Biden that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying that it wasn't it was.
Speaker 2: It was ratified I think in a much more extreme set of circumstances where you had a president who would have suffered a major stroke uh and uh and was literally.
Speaker 3: On a deathbed.
Speaker 2: That's what I think the purpose of that was. So I don't think it's here. I don't think they're going to use it clear, but I think that they could say to Joe Biden. The argument that Battenfeldt makes today and that I agree with, is they could go to Joe Biden and say, look, mister president, you know the the numbers that turned against the vice president. If you were to resign and allow her to be president, that might give her a boost where she could win this election. And then what would he do. Would you say, no, I want I want to see Trump win. No, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: Never never do it.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 6: Never stepped down. His ego is too big. He would never step down.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, i'll tell you this. It would be a big pill to swallow, is what you're saying. And I think you're right on the right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'd never do it. But let me see. On top of that, I truly believe that if they had any belief that she was confident to be president, they would have done that along, you know, six months ago, a month ago. But it's too late to.
Speaker 10: Do it now.
Speaker 2: And that's your point of view, and I respect that point of view. You've thought it through and I understand what you're saying. Thank you so much, appreciate it. By the way, on Friday night, I want to remind everybody that we in the twentieth hour on Friday night, we will do our second to last presidential snap poll. We've done this now every Friday night, last Friday night of the month at a eleven March, April, May, June, July, August, and September will be the seventh and October will be the last. This is the first one that we've done, I think where it's just Kamala Harris and uh and and President Trump.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, I think that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this This is the is the last one that we have done that it will be.
Speaker 3: This is the first clean clear Trump versus Harris. So this is Friday night at eleven o'clock. And by the way, everybody gets a hall pass on Friday night. Even if you called in during the week, you can call in during the eleven on Friday night if you can get through.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bob, talk to you soon. Have a great night. Next up, let's keep rolling here. You're gonna go to Matt and Brighton. Matt, You're next on nights.
Speaker 3: I go right ahead, good, good.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 8: You know, I agree with the last and I agree with a lot of what everybody's saying. You know, here's the thing. Trump says a lot of you know, foolish, stupid, you know things. I fully support him. You know, he has done a better job in my opinion, than Joe Biden has and died. And Kamala Harris is gonna, in my opinion and opinion, destroy this country in many ways. And it's going to be and you know, to a point where it maybe very hard to get back to even where we were it was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a couple of Questionsah, I understand you hold that view, and I understand that you firmly believe in that view. Why then is this race as close as it is today. There's a lot of people in this country who disagree with you, Matt and believe believe that Donald Trump is a huge threat to democracy.
Speaker 8: Well, and you ask a good question. I would point to there were no active words that Trump engaged in, and democracy he does stand for, you know, if that didn't happen, and then other things in democracy, Yes, he may have done on a personal level of conviction. You know that he's been in courts and stuff and then in democracy also in terms of relation to other countries, but he was like this before. So track record is something that's best to go off of if you go.
Speaker 3: On your argue in the case you're trying to convince people who are never going to vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Man, That's all what I'm trying to say is this election at this point is close by every poll that you've seen. We've seen it's close, but you're telling us, You're saying, hey, look this guy.
Speaker 3: Is uh.
Speaker 2: You're focusing your attack on Harris. I think there's a lot of enthusiasm, particularly in the Democratic Party for Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: But if if she starts to slide, I think it's conceivable that that the leaders of the party might go to Joe Biden saying, look, you have this election in your hand, and if you were to resign and give her the White House, this might provide the final push that she needs to get overline. That's all I'm saying. I might be wrong on that.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's necessarily going to happen, but I thought that Battenfeld's argument today was pretty provocative.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and all I'll say very quickly is, you know, look, whoever's best for this country? I have no Yeah, I'm not attacking, but I have no I.
Speaker 2: Said to me that that the country, if she gets elected, the country would never recover.
Speaker 3: It would never be I know.
Speaker 8: I said it might not, but it may not based on her.
Speaker 3: That's like saying that's like saying that if Trump is elected, he might become Hitler. I mean wow, I mean, go on, the country will survive no matter what happens.
Speaker 8: No, and I agree. And one of the points that I was going to say was that we have to accept as much as it's going to be to me, you know, it would be a bite, you know, it would be you have to accept the winner in democracy and for four years of kind of the way and rhetoric of arguing and you know, just not accepting it. If she wins, she wins, and hope, hopefully she could do a good job.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking about that too once after the I don't know that everybody on.
Speaker 3: The other side is going to be happy if if Trump wins. You know, I think it could be a rough, a rough November in this country no matter who wins, sadly, and we got to make sure that doesn't happen, okay, because that's where you could lose the country. Matter. All right, I'll give you a quick final word if you want to go ahead.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you, Sorry, sorry, I just want I just wanted to make the example of Carter Johnson, and I believe it was Truman. These presidents all knew that it was time for them not to run again and to drop out because they would not be able to do.
Speaker 10: A good job.
Speaker 8: My comparison there is that Kamala Harris is a secondary option. But I don't dropped out. But he knew exactly what these other people knew. And I think it's a it's a gamble. It's a very big gamble for anybody who's going to vote for Way.
Speaker 3: Carter didn't drop out. Carter was beaten by Ronald.
Speaker 8: Reagan, Okay, and then I misspeaking for the other two.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, Lyndon Johnson decided afternoon in Reamshire primary, which he actually won, but he was he decided he was done. And Harry Truman could have run in nineteen fifty two, but he chose not to run, but because there was no prohibition about him running again.
Speaker 3: Because when.
Speaker 2: I think it was the twenty second Amendment which was passed and I'll double check that as I'm talking to you, to limit the president to two terms.
Speaker 3: He was exempted from them.
Speaker 2: Because it was passed while he was he had become president after after Franklin. After Franklin Roosevelt died in nineteen forty forty five, and twenty two is the second. The limitation of two terms of the presidency, and that was ratified in February of nineteen fifty one. So Truman could have run theoretically in nineteen fifty two, but he chose to go home. And actually Truman left Washington and drove home with his wife to Missouri. You didn't even take an airplane or a train. He drove home himself. I don't think he had even Secret Service protection to his home his Missouri.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Matt.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it that time too.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're talking about an article in the Boston Herald today by Joe Battenfelder. I thought it's a great topic for conversation. Would the Democrats, if they were desperate, asked Joe Biden to give up the presidency so Vice President Harris could run as as an incumbent president. That would be the biggest Octobus surprise in history. But we've talked about it now. May not happen. I'm not suggesting it will happen, even but I think it's a good conversation, and I hope you'll continue to call. I've got a couple of open lines one at six, one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty which just filled, and I got one at six one, seven, nine, three one ten thirty. That's the only old open lines. So so call six one seven nine one ten thirty and we will get you on between now and midnight. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Oh, we have full lines.
Speaker 2: We're going to get everyone in. I promise. We're talking about a theory. That's all we're talking about. Don't have to get upset about it. Let's go to Jim in Kansas City. Jim, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 11: Gor ahead, h Dan, thanks for doing my call.
Speaker 3: Welcome, thanks for calling it. What's up? What do you think?
Speaker 11: I'm happy again? And uh I I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to stay on topic and just give it a yes or no answer. But I say yes. And it all fits together now because what what's his name's been saying all along? Oh, I won't forgive my son. I won't pardon my son in.
Speaker 3: Community sentence or commuter sentence.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I kept saying to myself, Yeah, right, what other you know? Tell me another one?
Speaker 3: Right? The mail?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 11: All right? I gave it to the office. So but this all this all fits together. Now and uh, And I wouldn't put anything past him as far as you know, hanky panky Shenanigan's uh and you know and round you know, uh plays so quarterback sneak. So yeah, I would lean. I'd give it on a scale of one to ten, like a seven.
Speaker 3: We're not We're not shut. I just think it's an interesting Had you thought of this before you listen.
Speaker 11: To that as a possibility, No, No, it's but but when he said as soon as he said it, I was like, oh, yeah, that's why, And that's why Biden knows that he isn't gonna have to pardon. But as soon as as soon as I heard the Hunter pled guilty to all those charges, I knew right away he's just trying to speed up the process so he gets sentenced and he can be pardoned before his dad leaves office, didn't.
Speaker 2: I think Biden Hunter Biden is sentenced sometime shortly after the election, uh in November, So we'll have to see how it unfolds. I think it's an intriguing possibility. And I know that the people who run presidential campaigns. You talk about the super Bowl and how expensive that is. Presidential campaigns make the super Bowl look like peanuts. Because the super Bowl, there's one hundred million people who watch. Presidential campaigns is like nearly two hundred million people who participate by voting. And in terms of we have a lot of money that's spent on ads, they be billions of dollars spent on political ads this year super Bowl. You hear about some add as a million dollars or five million dollars, which is great. But this, this, truly is is all the marbles. And when people are for all the marbles do anything.
Speaker 11: I don't know why we're talking about this, but when people talk about money going around to the super Bowl, they're talking about gambling. And it's worldwide. So I would imagine that's in the trillions or whatever.
Speaker 3: A lot of gambling going on to this presidential election too, believe.
Speaker 2: As do you assume? Thanks man, keep rolling here? Where are we going to go next? We're gonna go to Dave in Pennsylvania. Dave and Pennsylvania next on NIGHTSID, we're getting the out of New England. People listening, now, go ahead, Dave?
Speaker 10: All right, thanks for taking the Calloh, you know, like with Biden, he's absolutely the lamest of lame duck presidents I've ever seen. I mean, he's not even audible. They got to run subtitles when he speaks. Did he ever notice that anymore?
Speaker 2: I haven't noticed that, to be honest. I'll have to keep a peak, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 10: And now, as far as the election, I think a big time skeleton is going to be drug out about hair coming up around say the tenth of October, about three four weeks before the election.
Speaker 3: Why do you say that.
Speaker 10: I think they know something and they're just holding back because it's you know, time, Lise. The closer you are to the election, the more it's in the person's mind.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you. You're in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I read all the polls and for the different states. What's going on in Pennsylvania right now?
Speaker 3: Is that just to call?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's closed, but I think maybe by a half percent Trump's ahead.
Speaker 5: I would say, okay.
Speaker 2: Now, some people will say, okay, the Biden administration has had a tough four years.
Speaker 3: Things were better economically under Donald Trump. What's holding Pennsylvania voters back from supporting Trump?
Speaker 10: I think his just his personality. You know, the dog comments, you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: That was really.
Speaker 10: I mean, if he would just act more presidential, he'd have it. I think in a landslide.
Speaker 3: What's going on with the Senate racedown there McCormick versus Casey.
Speaker 10: I think it's Casey just as so dug in money wise and everything that. You know, I think he has it with you know, just his years. You know, these career politicians.
Speaker 3: Are Incumbency can be an.
Speaker 5: Incredible add It's tough to be.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of.
Speaker 2: People just go to the polls and they don't know whether it's a Democrat or Republican. Now if they're voted for them once so they know their name, Oh I'm going to vote for that person.
Speaker 3: They have made a clueless sadly right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And he's you know in our big cities were Pittsburgh and Philly, of course, you know, and I think, you know, his name is just there, you know where McCormick is kind of from the outset side, and he's uh, you know, I don't think he I mean it might be close, but I don't really think he.
Speaker 2: The Quebec might have had a better better shot in the in the Fedament race than he did. Right then then the other guy, you know doctor what the doctor what's his name, the the guy that.
Speaker 3: Ran against him?
Speaker 5: Ah oh yeah, doctor Oz right, doctor.
Speaker 10: Yeah he didn't. Yeah, he couldn't get by the you know, we used more on the outside. You know, they were just but we'll see what it should be.
Speaker 12: Uh interesting, it's we get it's six weeks, so six weeks from tonight right now, six weeks from right now, we probably will know who the next president of the United States is.
Speaker 10: I mean, like with Trumpet, I mean, what kind of skelt can skeleton. Can they bring out everything's already been out right out.
Speaker 3: Put it away? They brought it back again?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Absolutely, So now we got to see if something's brought out on her and maybe Walsh.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out the Walt's family thing.
Speaker 2: I kind of figure out President Trump keeps talking former President Trump keeps talking about how many members of Waltz's family are not supporting him. I still don't understand that because I saw pictures of people that said walls for Trump. But I'm told that they were like distance distant cousins. So there's a lot of that stuff going on right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's something you know he's a I don't know what, he's a character, A nice guy and say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a very nice way to describe it. Beggs, Dave, you are a nice guy. We'll talk soon. Thanks much, all right, thank you soon, have a great night. We'll come right back on night Side. I got Pete in South Carolina. He is coming up. Peter on Cape Cott and Bill in Pennsylvania. They're all set if you want to try to get in. There's one line at six one seven two five four ten thirty, and there's one line at six one seven nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make your life easier. Dial away back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nice Sights Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: We have packed lines.
Speaker 2: We're going to try to get everybody in, so everyone's going to get trimmed just a bit, so be ready. And none of you have waited more than fourteen minutes. That's the longest person right now, so hear none of that. Pete in South Carolina, Hey, Pete, welcome back.
Speaker 5: How are you No, I'm fine, Dan at number one, Thanks for taking my call and number two. You're on speed dial for me, so I don't have to worry about funding the number. But to get on to get on topic for a few minutes. I don't think the Democratic backroom boys, for lack of a better term, are going to go to Joe and say, Joe, for the sake of the party, you know, we're gonna make Kamala president. Because there's one person that doesn't want her to see her son in jail, and that's Jill. I think she planned a big part in this.
Speaker 3: Uh by the way, that is her stepson.
Speaker 5: Just to be clear, okay, well, yes, her step son, but very very supportive.
Speaker 2: I mean she went to the trial and all of that, so she would not leave it to anyone other than her husband to go back on his word and pardon her step son.
Speaker 5: Right. I think I think Jill would say, Joe, I want cold he be in it till the end, and then the day after you get re elected or before you lose reelection, you're going to pardon her hunter.
Speaker 3: But but but he but he stepped aside despite her concerns.
Speaker 5: Right, right, he did step aside. But he still would do time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no doubt about that. All right, Peter, I got it, I got it. I got to do me a favorite call early. I want to know more about that.
Speaker 5: I have been. I had been my daughter and I had been doing some business things and got that home late. And I usually call earlier than this, but then that's okay.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call either way.
Speaker 5: I'm listening Friday night. It's going to be an interesting Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eleven o'clock Friday night, no doubt, no doubt, you can call in. You know you got a hall pass even though you called in tonight. Okay, I know, right, My good night.
Speaker 2: You gotta go from Peter in South Carolina to Peter on Cape called Peter on Cape Cod next on Nice, I go ahead.
Speaker 13: Peter, Thanks Dan. I have two fact two issues that make it improbable that Joe would resign and kamlawa because go ahead. One is that she would forfeit her right if she loses to be able to not certify the election. If Trump wins, as the vice president would have that right and she, being the president wouldn't be able to do that.
Speaker 3: Interesting point, very interesting, But okay, what's the second one?
Speaker 13: The second issue is that if she becomes the president, wouldn't the Speaker of the House become the vice president.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: If she were to become president and then pass away, the Speaker of the House automatically would become president.
Speaker 3: No, the new vice president.
Speaker 2: If let's say she was president, they would have to elect the the House of Representatives would elect a new vice president, and it would be that it would be whoever she would nominate. It happened when Gerald Ford uh uh succeeded h Richard Nixon, and then Ford nominated Nelson Rockefeller to be his vice president. Briefly remembered Vice President Pete in the Cape. I gotta keep rolling because they got everybody else they got to get you all called in too late. Okay, he'll give you more time if earlier. Thanks be great points. Next up, let's go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill gotta be quick for me, my friend.
Speaker 10: Can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Okay, Dan, I can hear.
Speaker 2: You, fine, I want to. I want to hear from you quickly. Go ahead, Bill, it's very quickly. Okay, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: That couldn't be more quickly. Okay, callin early. We'll give you more time. Paul, you normally get a lot of time, go right ahead.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hi, hi Hi, I'm uh hi Dan. I'm the truck driver that called in when you had Harvey Silvergate on but so and and I'll get with you about about that. But yeah, it's too much drama.
Speaker 5: It's just it's it's just way, way, way way too much drama. What what you're talking about? I just I don't. I just don't.
Speaker 15: I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 9: And if you want to know what's going on in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 15: College educated, college educated women in suburban Philly are not going to vote for someone who would force women to carry their rapist babies to term. It's not gonna happen, all right.
Speaker 3: So you predicted Harris will carry Pennsylvania.
Speaker 9: I think I I think so. And I think I think I think Harris is going to.
Speaker 15: Overperform, perhaps perhaps dramatically. And Trump is so off the wall with trying to incite racist violence about the Haitians in Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Earlier. Give you more time. I want to get also here from my lean here. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: Very much, Okay, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Leen, got thirty seconds for you. What can you do with it? You're the last caller of the night.
Speaker 6: I think I don't think.
Speaker 4: Jill would allow Chill to resign.
Speaker 13: And what.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad point, Eileen. She doesn't want them to give up, doesn't want to give up the Lincoln bedroom. I Leen, call early. I'll give you more time, but I'm flat out of time. Thank you so much. Okay, there she goes. She could have said goodbye, done for the night. Thank you all who called. We should called earlier. Thank you all who listened. And Rob, thank you, and thank you Marita. How much time left? Rob? Give it to me quick? Thirty seconds? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'll be on Facebook in about two minutes and Marita will be here tomorrow afternoon at four thirty.
Speaker 3: All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what my pal Charlie Rais would past fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are. Who would pass. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again, hope.
Speaker 2: See again tomorrow night on night's side. Again you call and disagree, don't have to be disagreeable. Sorry, Billy, did more time for you? Talked to you to see tomorrow. Everybody