Speaker 1: Someone I know was on vacation with a boyfriend and the boyfriend broke up with her on vacation.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, I'm writing boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I told you there will be a small Q and a right limited how on vacation? They've been dating for many years.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, that answered one of my questions. Years.
Speaker 1: They were in Yellowstone, which is Montana or Wyoming, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: It's same part of the country. And over the weekend.
Speaker 3: That's the part. This weekend, yes, like two days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Sunday. Sorry, no, it's not funny.
Speaker 1: He broke up with her and she decided to fly home back home without him from mont or from Wyoming across the US, because she lives on the East coast.
Speaker 2: Now, do you have any quick questions? I do?
Speaker 1: How many days into the vacation.
Speaker 2: Right, Diane, I wasn't even there.
Speaker 1: I believe they arrived on Friday and he broke up with her on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Was it over like a single incident.
Speaker 1: I think they broke up on Saturday and she left Sunday.
Speaker 2: They were only there for a day.
Speaker 1: Well, you say they It was his family's vacation, so it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a way. So she was with the family. Yes, how many was it just mom and dad?
Speaker 1: Do your siblings or sibling? One sibling and two parents?
Speaker 2: So there's five of them all together. I can't help that her.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then four and then the four family members.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did was it one thing that happened?
Speaker 1: I can't get into the specifics. It wasn't something where it wasn't in fidelity with you because I found this out.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was certainly not like that. It was a shock to everyone, including his own family, who offered to fly back with her.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, wait, why would they offer to fly back with.
Speaker 1: So everybody but him was going to leave? Essentially, were they.
Speaker 2: Down on him?
Speaker 1: They weren't happy with the timing of it all. You could see where that was screwed.
Speaker 4: Up, not only her vacation but their vacation too, because it leaves this sort of cloud over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're still with your family. Why would they fly back with them?
Speaker 1: Her sounds like they felt really bad for her.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he was a dick. I can't answer that.
Speaker 3: Well, he wasn't great, or they'd still be together. Will they get back to Was it just a fight or they done so.
Speaker 2: I think they're they're done. Can I can I ask this?
Speaker 3: Like, I know they've been together years, is that Do they have one of those relationships that's on again always?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, they've been by each other side for many years.
Speaker 2: Yep. Were they by each other sight on that flight back? Sorry? Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 1: She so that's quite so she flew from Yellowstone whatever airport it's closest to to the northeast. So that's not just like heading back from a weekend away.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Driving distance that's pretty far.
Speaker 3: Could could they have found a way? So I don't know how long the vacation was. Could they have found a way to stick it through the vacation?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: So you're on vacation with Scott in his in his mom somewhere, I don't care how far away, and you and Scott get in a fight and you're and and you're like, I've had it up to here, I'm done. Just to kind of get through, you wouldn't just go, you know what again, if it was if it was just Scott, then you would be like, yeah, I'll leave. I've bet a lot of people even in that case wouldn't leave.
Speaker 1: But with Scott's like, how much money have we already spent for this trip?
Speaker 2: Why am I still but.
Speaker 3: With Scott's mom, Scott's gonna get up on Sunday morning and be like, Oh, Diane left, we had a fight.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but you chose to break up with me in this moment, and I'm.
Speaker 1: There's a difference to you keep saying they had a fight. No, they're they broke done some stuff.
Speaker 2: They break up in front of the parents. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Oh, but this is not You can't just say they had a fight and someone left that this is not they're not getting back together. Something was said that they're not getting back together.
Speaker 2: Do you know what was said? Yeah, I just I can't say it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't supposed to talk about it.
Speaker 3: It's not I'm going to get in big trouble for this family still in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: But I imagine there are people hopefully this maybe I will be able to present my wife who will not want to talk to me later this afternoon. With all these other people who have been in silmer situations found themselves afterwards, are now thriving, but at some point didn't have to travel by themselves a long distance after a breakup.
Speaker 3: By the way, traveling back from Ocean City would suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh no, that's a long distance.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this isn't like I was at your house and I drove home.
Speaker 2: You left a vacation, But.
Speaker 1: At least you can drive back from us since city.
Speaker 3: Still three and a half hours if you time your exit right.
Speaker 2: All right, could you imagine going to the airport?
Speaker 3: What just because you're so electional it just it brought you broke up or it all went south.
Speaker 2: You gotta drive to the airport Like that sucks? You gotta pack.
Speaker 1: Oh like this to just add one little bit of color to the story, and then we do need to be done with my story. Like this breakup would have been a big deal anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then to add on top of it the travel, the vacation, the family, and then the distance back.
Speaker 4: I'm dying to know why on the vacation, Like why couldn't you have just done it beforehand?
Speaker 2: That's what her mother wondered too.
Speaker 3: That never even crossed my mind because I just assumed something happened in the moment.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh yeah, I can't know whoa I don't want to say it was brewing, but you don't make that snap.
Speaker 4: Something happened of such impact that you made that decision while you're on vacation with your girlfriend and your family.
Speaker 1: There are two things that would give you total clarity. I can't give them to.
Speaker 2: You, Christian. Will you do me a favorite?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: But but it was not all Lindsay No. Wait, so is it Lindsay's friend or your friend?
Speaker 1: I don't want to say Lindsay Here I answered your questions.
Speaker 6: What do you say?
Speaker 2: I did? I heard?
Speaker 1: What do you say for talking over?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You interrupt? You talk over me so many times? That is what you miss. Christ Will you find me somebody who's had to deal with this? Please?
Speaker 1: And I don't even mean with the family with you too. It can just be the two the couple out and about.
Speaker 3: You know, you know the part that sucks, like I feel bad for the oh, I'm sorry to give the number. Find me somebody who's dealt with this right eight six six to Elliott eight six six two three five five four six eight You know the part that would suck.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what this person's situation is.
Speaker 3: But at some point and it's the woman that left the girl whatever you want to call her.
Speaker 2: This was not a mutual breakup.
Speaker 3: I understand that. But the one that flew back was the girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not. She has no family.
Speaker 2: There, no, no, no, but his but she is a.
Speaker 1: Familifaication that she was a yeah, no, no, no, I get that, But follow me here.
Speaker 3: You know the part that sucks, Like the breakup sucks, and it's there, and it's in front of his parents, and you've been together years and you know him. At some point between arriving at the airport, flying and arriving back in Maryland, at some point you call your family and go, oh, hey, I'm back home.
Speaker 1: Did they live together? They don't live together? And that you don't think the family knew before she got back.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, but at some time, at some time, you have to say that that sucks. Could you imagine having to call your family and go like, hey, I'm leaving Wyoming.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were there with the mcgilla cuddies. Oh I was, but s went south.
Speaker 4: But going back, at least they don't live together, because then that would be a whole nother thing of like, Okay, now I need to pack up all my stuff and find a new place to live.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I mean, listen, none of it's easy.
Speaker 1: There's a relationship coaching, none of it's None of it's easy.
Speaker 2: All right, are we done with my story? I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: Hold on one side, juicy be in the dog house for a whole week?
Speaker 2: The where am I going line for? Hello? Hey morning? Hey, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: This is Josh and DC.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on? Dude?
Speaker 7: Not much.
Speaker 8: I have a funny similar story. I'd been dating a girl for about eighteen months and we were on a ski trip in Colorado with my parents and we ended up breaking up in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the trip over what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we were about to start going into college and my girlfriend and I at the time, we're not going to the same college. And we had a play argument that turned serious and she basically said, you know, I thought we were going to do this long distance. I thought we were going to stay together. And I said, can we not do this while we're on the trip, Like, let's enjoy the rest of this. We're in Breckenridge, and we can figure this out when we get back to Michigan, where we were both originally from. And she goes, no, now that I know that it's coming, I'd rather get it over with. And then it spirals into a huge fight and and had to tell my parents the next morning and the apologies for the babbling baby. Had to tell my parents the next morning, like, Hey, my ex and I just broke up, and they were furious with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just ruined the trip, Hey did she Now?
Speaker 3: Granted, I understand you guys were younger, so she didn't fly back on her own.
Speaker 2: She stayed the rest of the time.
Speaker 8: She stayed the rest the next It was Wednesday, in the middle of a Saturday, a Saturday trip time.
Speaker 2: Dude, not great.
Speaker 8: Not great?
Speaker 2: Were your parents? Yes, your parents were furious.
Speaker 8: Yeah they were. They were really unhappy. They were like, you could have ruined our vacation, and you know, they liked her a lot. And yeah, it was thankfully, like we did escape relatively unscathed. There were definitely some awkward moments on the ski lift, but.
Speaker 7: I was you know, it was a learning moment for sure.
Speaker 8: And to your point, Eliot, like was much younger, and now I know, like, you know, make sure we're in an ironcloud relationship.
Speaker 7: If if we're going on a trip somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just don't or wait till you get back to break things off.
Speaker 2: You could try, you could show get down. No, no, that's on her.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, some of the worst arguments are the play arguments that turned real real Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was in one of those not too long ago.
Speaker 3: Actually it's horrible, horrible, all right, very good, very good, Thank you, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 1: From Hugh. My college girlfriend's family invited me on the family vacation to the Jersey Shore. She was being such a sea word when I got there and we broke up. Two days in. I drove back to Virginia got a speeding ticket. Her mom called and apologized me to me for her demon's actions.
Speaker 2: See, but I like that one. Being able to drive yourself back.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you're getting yourself back. No, but I like that the parents called.
Speaker 1: Well remember the offer that was out there for.
Speaker 3: Yes, in your case where the parents were going to fly back, remember it, but the parents were going to fly back to me. That's crazy. I'm not leaving my vacation to fly back with you.
Speaker 1: But like Diana said, the vacation is ruined. Yeah, it's a cloud over it for everybody.
Speaker 2: Definitely taking an awkward turn. It's definitely taking.
Speaker 1: You're the only person I could see you totally being able to compartmentalize what's gone down and just going on with your vacation. Even if you were upset with your son.
Speaker 2: Your child, I would stay he.
Speaker 1: Went, your interactions with your kid be like, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Odd, No, I mean odd a little bit. Yeah, I mean yes, it would take you.
Speaker 2: It would.
Speaker 3: You would probably need a couple hours of like getting over the uncomfortable ness. But like my older one, they've been together forever. She's gone away and vice versa. She's gone away with like I wasn't there. But like Jackie and the boys and her went, and my kid will go to her family's like summer trip to like the Outer Banks. But if they got into a fight and broke up and my kid came home, I definitely wouldn't expect their family to come home.
Speaker 2: You still have four days in the Outer Banks to have fun.
Speaker 4: And one of the family members has been crying a lot, so that's fun. I'm just gonna go to the beat.
Speaker 3: Move up to start a happy hour and let's deal. But yeah, I think I would. I definitely would have volunteered to come back with her. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Hi, Elliet at the morning, Hi is this me? Yeah? Hi, you got that sound in your voice already.
Speaker 5: So it was junior year of college and I paid. I paid for me and my boyfriend at the time we were together a year to go to Hawaii for spring break.
Speaker 2: Wow, and.
Speaker 5: My three great aunts and my great uncle were They weren't meeting us over there, but they were getting there same time, around.
Speaker 9: Three days into the trip. And I got broken up with the day after they got there because he got sunburnt the first day and just wanted to stay in the room and I called him a little B word and I was like, well, I'm not staying in the room.
Speaker 5: So I went shopping by myself, I went to the beach by myself, and every day he just stayed in the room. He wouldn't even come to the pool. So he broke up with me the day after my family got there, and I just hung out with them until we flew home.
Speaker 2: Wait did you two fly home together?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Oh God, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: So he stayed there for the rest of the time, just sitting in the room yep, watching Mcuba March Madness Tournament.
Speaker 2: Where did you stay? Did you also stay.
Speaker 7: In the room.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we had two beds.
Speaker 5: We slept in separate beds.
Speaker 3: I bet you put a towel on before you came out of the bathroom too.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 3: The wait so you still flaunted it around in front of him, like, Hey, look at the candy you can't eat.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm on vacation. It's not my fault. You're being a pussy.
Speaker 1: You only get one spring break? Yolo.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's rough you.
Speaker 9: Okay for the trap.
Speaker 1: I know for the flight and.
Speaker 3: Everything now, but now I don't know. Would would you have been happier if he just left?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So maybe it is for your case.
Speaker 3: Maybe that is a blessing in disguise that the woman was checked out.
Speaker 1: I mean his family, Oh god.
Speaker 9: His family picked us up at the airport.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did they know? Did they know?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Not until we got there.
Speaker 3: Did you get in the car and go And they were like, hey, kids, how was the trip?
Speaker 2: And you were like, I don't know. Wanted to ask your bitch ass son.
Speaker 9: I should have reacted that way. But we drove back to his house and my car.
Speaker 5: Was there because I drove us home from college. So I just got in my car and went to my parents' house.
Speaker 2: Oh, they probably thought that was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, very good, very good, Thank you man, sort of an abrupt exit.
Speaker 2: Now wait, what was I asking you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I started to talk and she picked it up almost seamlessly, and it helped me out because I was about to say something that I hadn't said yet.
Speaker 2: What's that his family favorite?
Speaker 3: Hear?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wait? The the the added cost?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, the yaps and it wasn't like a wonder. That was very nice of them.
Speaker 2: This dude did something wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, their team her. He ruined their family vacation.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no. I could see where. It's like, you've made the vacation unpleasant. But he clearly did something wrong.
Speaker 1: They didn't understand why he waited until they were all.
Speaker 2: So was their only issue the timing. I think they really like her too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I mean yeah, but it sounds I'm not offering to pay either. You want to leave, leave, you got a credit card, pay it off over a couple of months. I maybe team her, but I'm not paying because you broke up.
Speaker 1: But she also wanted to leave, not just for her own doing, but because she thought it would be better for everyone else if she left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's already going to be awkward. It's a little less awkward if she's not there.
Speaker 2: Okay, But it's also expensive for her tore.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get reimbursed from the Sun.
Speaker 2: He's not going to pay you.
Speaker 4: I'm never gonna let him hear the end of it. I tell you that, Oh, I've deducted from your Christmas this year because of the money that I had to pay for your girlfriend that you dumped to fly back East.
Speaker 2: Hi Elliott the morning.
Speaker 7: Hey, so got a buddy who flew his girlfriend to Paris, and while they were there, he ended up breaking up with her in Paris.
Speaker 3: In Paris, did they stay together on the trip?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: Her mother was there as well, and I guess one of her dreams was to get engaged in Paris, and so she went out there with all these expectations. He was going out there on a work trip and was trying to make a work and combine some work in vacation together and had done a lot of expectation management, and it didn't work. And when she figured out that they were not getting engaged on that trip. It did not go over well and it just spiraled from there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now that's on her. That's on her, especially if he tried to manage it.
Speaker 2: But still that no, I mean.
Speaker 7: These I want to say, these things happened, but it was very awkward for him, especially with her mother being right there as well, along with work colleagues that he's supposed to be meeting for drinks and hanging out with a little bit as well when they're not working. So it was not a fun trip.
Speaker 3: That sucks. That sucks. Oh that would blow. All right, very good, very good, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Chris writes, my wife ended our marriage in Reno that I was going to say that's aggress and learned too since that day. Don't trust women and it takes an hour for an edible to kick in.
Speaker 2: I ate five. Wow, So wait a minute.
Speaker 3: So like she she told him mid vacation, I want to divorce clearly, dude, that's that's harsher.
Speaker 2: That's harsher than just to break up.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's rough one because at that point you do imagine they have property together back home and maybe children.
Speaker 3: The even without kids, I'm not having that conversation on vacation.
Speaker 2: Like I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: There are certain This is where I got into a word salad thing with my kids because we were telling them what happened, and you'll tell them, Lindsey said to them something like, uh, learn from this and never do this. And then I had to jump in and say, well, there there, what if a crime was committed, like.
Speaker 3: I said, you don't stay in the relationship.
Speaker 1: There it comes dad with scenarios. Yeah, I said, if there's something certainly physical that happened, oh my god, something in their past, you can do this. You can break up with someone whenever the can I can?
Speaker 2: I ask this though? Is it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No is the Is the girl an old friend from college? No?
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I was hoping it was Jess.
Speaker 1: I told you who she was?
Speaker 2: The say again, Ian, didn't hear if I told you who she was?
Speaker 3: When when Diane talked all over Oh yes, yeah, oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Not not by name, but the yes, I got it. I got it. What was that? The connection?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hi, Yelliet, the morning, I'm connecting my fingers. Hello, Hey, good morning, how are you? I am well? Thank you? How are you.
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 6: Good? I? Uh, my girlfriend broke up with me the night before we were flying to Alaska to spend a week with their fans. I showed up at the airport the next morning ready to go.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, she broke up with you on let's just call it Thursday night, and you went to the airport on Friday morning.
Speaker 6: Damn right, because I was going skiing. And I got there and her dad picked me up and she yelled we broke up, and he said, all right, I'm taking you skiing.
Speaker 7: With my friends.
Speaker 1: Screw her.
Speaker 6: And I skied with her dad all week. Awkward. Yeah, it was phenomenal, some of the best ski What's that?
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 6: She went out with her friends and then when she went out one night for dinner, Dad goes, well, you can go with her. So I went to dinner and I bought my own dinner.
Speaker 10: But yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Went skiing in Alaska and I didn't have to pay a damn dime. He bought my flight, by all my passes.
Speaker 2: Everything I will say. They say, hey, listen, God bless you. That's balls. I wouldn't have the balls to show up now. No, and even if you got the favor of it being ahead.
Speaker 1: Of time, but even if it's a hobby of yours or an activity you enjoy.
Speaker 2: Even admitted it was awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Line eight, did you say hi elliot in the morning? Hey? Is this name? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 10: This is Casey from Frederick.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 10: So when I was a senior in college, my boyfriend at the time and I went down to Fort Myers to visit my grandparents for spring break. Cool and when we were there, I got a message from one of our mutual friends with like text evidence that he was he cheated on.
Speaker 3: Me and you were on and you guys were in Fort Myers when you found out.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: So I found out like a Monday night. We had just gotten there and my grandpa told him, you know, I'll let you sleep on the couch, but you're out tomorrow morning. And so he drove home from.
Speaker 3: That's a long dry So what he cheated the Okay, this is when I was telling my kids, you'll learned something.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, and you there move forward Accordingly.
Speaker 10: We literally just got there that day because we drove, we were we went to old this right. We literally just got there that Monday and I found out that night.
Speaker 2: Can I can I ask a question.
Speaker 1: Glad, Grandpa let him stay on the couch with Diane.
Speaker 3: But let's let's let's let's rewind for a second.
Speaker 2: Did the person did did you say hold on?
Speaker 3: She said, okay, no, I thought you said hold on like you were paying a toll to get an easy pass the no. No, did the person who sent you this whatever evidence it was, did they know that.
Speaker 2: The two of you were in Fort Myers together?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, you got to wait.
Speaker 10: We were like, we were on we were like so we were all in the marching band together at Old Miss and she was in our section, and so she knew that we were together. She knew we were going to Fort Myers, and she sent that evidence.
Speaker 1: What was the evidence? I have to say it was text messages.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, it was text messages of him sending it to her because she was the other She was the other woman, right, saying like, you know, I'm planning on leaving her, like I want to be with you all this stuff. And I confronted him and he's like, yes too, and I said, than get out.
Speaker 2: But was there anything physical?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, that's just like like maybe he was just in a like in a bad spot.
Speaker 3: At the time, Elliott, See, I'm trying to help, You're not you're normalizing.
Speaker 10: Not that not that I'm aware of. But I also found it strange that they were Facebook official within two days.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, so there's your answer answer, all right, Harry.
Speaker 10: The Harry on top of everything is when his mom found out, his mom calls me and booked my ticket home for me.
Speaker 2: You know, what is that? Is that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that is that in right now?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: No, no, no where else did that happen?
Speaker 1: The parents jumping up?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the no, no, but like, is that? Well? Is that? But is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Would that be counted on where you're supposed to pay for them to get home?
Speaker 1: Mandatory? It's a nice thing to do. It sounded like it was the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is a kind gesture. But also where we're staying.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful vacation home, but there's not a money tree in the backyard. I spend all that money having you here. Now I got to spend more money getting you out of here.
Speaker 10: Well, I was just grateful that she was what her.
Speaker 2: Son did was yes, No, that is nice. That is nice. That is nice.
Speaker 3: All right, very good, very good. Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Thank you. From Instagram. I dated someone in the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We broke while up while I still had a couple of weeks left before my flight home. I stayed with the family for those awkward couple of weeks. Her parents felt so sorry for me being stuck there.
Speaker 3: I couldn't I couldn't do that. That's not just a week that I didn't do that. I couldn't stay for weeks. But you got to get at it to leave financially, run up your credit card
Speaker 1: Or count on the trend of the family.