Speaker 1: Here we go, let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, see.
Speaker 2: Run run.
Speaker 1: Okay, wakey, wakey, hands off cup Cakeys, Welcome back from the weekend. Everybody hopa was a great weekend for you. We're gonna hit the ground running. We're gonna be very, very very.
Speaker 3: Busy, not just today this week, guys. Three concert announcements this week.
Speaker 1: Three concert announcements, one of which we will do today at nine o'clock and give away the first pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: Thursday's concertent announcement is ridiculous. That's a big one. There's gonna be three though, So that's gonna be fun. It's gonna be just fun to look forward to. We got lots of things planned for you this week. Two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Is going for win number Kevin gun Day, Kevin going for win four. Okay, Kevin going for win four. Twenty days celebrating twenty years with a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. Week two, we're gonna give you that all the fun fact flashback, the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: Is going to get you pit tickets to Fight Finger Deaf Punch Maryland manson Thursday night. Yes, indeed, there are some tickets still available for that show through ticket Master, but we'll get you in the pit.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: A lot of pit passes, a lot of pit tickets or I'm sorry. Pictures came rolling in from the weekend hoss to kind of store through all of those. I've got pit tickets to Glass Animals that are playing on Saturday.
Speaker 1: At the Woodlands. The concert announcement will come with tickets, and then Rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party tickets on undo the show ten percent chance of rain party Claude, Guys, we're gonna get warmed this week. Okay, high study of around ninety four. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod and good morning home room.
Speaker 1: So did you hear this?
Speaker 5: Early yesterday reports emerging that there had been gunfired near former President Donald Trump. So he was playing golf at his club in West Palm Beach, Florida, and law enforcement had to hold a press conference because there was gunfire coming from the course and people were like, Okay, what was happening. This man identified as Ryan Wesley Ruth of North Carolina was in the shrubbery on the edge of the golf course and there was a rifle barrels sticking out of the woods and agents saw that and open fire. So they arrested this dude in the next county after traffic cameras had picked up his license plate and alerted their authorities. But he had like this rifle with the scope. He had two backpacks. Anyway, a whole ordeal, another assassination attempt, and supposedly President Biden and Vice President Harris, they say they are relieved to know that he is okay after a shooting at his golf club. So a bunch of political drama yesterday. That's going to be our headline today. Here in Houston, there was an off duty Harris County deputy that is now in the hospital. There was a multi vehicle accident yesterday afternoon, so there were reports of a crash on the Hearty toll Road near Atex. Investigators say that there was this large group of motorcyclists that were speeding through southbound traffic before slowing down in an apparent attempt to take over the toll way. The result of that was several collisions. The deputy had to be hospitalized and is in serious condition. There is a motorcyclist and another driver that were also injured. Several of the bikers were detained in that manner. Okay, you'd be shaken and stirred if you ordered this by mistake. A fancy restaurant in Chicago is serving the most expensive martini in America. It's thirteen thousand dollars, and you're thinking, I better get a diamond tennis bracelet with that.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 5: It's that expensive because it comes with a fourteen carrot gold tennis bracelet with one hundred and fifty diamonds.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like the restaurant is above a jewelry store. So they partnered with them, and they're like, hey, this is gonna be great. It's a mescal martini so you can enjoy I don't know, this taste of smoke and then get a bracelet. Some of the original Goony's cast have shut down a rumor that we were all really excited about, although Sean Aston said, quote, it's our time, come on, Steven Spielberg. Sadly, we know that British tabloids can't always be trusted, and last week they had started a rumor that the Goony sequel was in the works.
Speaker 1: I reported on it.
Speaker 5: I said, hey, we're getting at goodies to everyone. A bunch of the cast has shut it down. Corey Feldman said, look, everyone's asking me. I can officially tell you one hundred percent I have no information that a sequel.
Speaker 1: Is in the works.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, what about this drama over the weekend?
Speaker 1: This should be the headline. Yeah.
Speaker 5: James Addiction ended their show early Friday in Boston after Perry Ferrell assaulted Dave Navarro on stage. He got in Dave's space, he shoulder checked him before throwing a punch. A crew member tried to get him to stop. You had the bass player Eric Avery putting him at a headlock, punching him in the stomach.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a whole thing.
Speaker 5: If you want Perry's wife her perspective on what went down. She did call her husband a crazy beast and go read the music blog page.
Speaker 4: But we're going to be talking about that.
Speaker 5: The band issued of an apology, but it's again all on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston headlines. Here we go, Yeah, Victory Monday. This sounds fun.
Speaker 6: I'd love to be a part of one Sunday Texans and on the season last night as they.
Speaker 1: Beat the Bears nineteen to thirteen.
Speaker 6: CJ Strad through for a touchdown, Kymie fairbar And kicked four field goals, and the defense stepped up when they needed to in a complete team win. Everyone else in the AFC also lost yesterday, So the Texans Week two already they're.
Speaker 1: Up to They're up two games up for the division.
Speaker 6: Nobody else has won a game yet in the AFC South pre Austin for Texans. They're gonna put the Vikings next Sunday in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: On Monday Night.
Speaker 6: Football, Jalen Hurts the Eagles host Bijon Robinson and the Falcons. Eagles coming into this is five and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and Baseball.
Speaker 1: Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 6: Yesterday they beat the Angels six to four to sweep the Angels over the weekend. They've won their last four as well. They're gonna open up a three game series at the Padres tonight on the road. Spencer Aragetioll be in the mount for the Stros, going up against San Diego's You Darvish first pitches at eight forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go. Okay, four hours of pain on a Monday. Who wants to get us started with the first phone call?
Speaker 3: A lot of you we're out at concerts this week, Ken, I appreciate fixers are still rolling in.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Okay, first phone call seven one, three, two two five nine four five. How do you want to get a started this morning? Anything goes for that first phone call?
Speaker 1: Busy, busy, busy on a Monday, the most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 3: Start okay, ninety four to five in the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show always great. Starting out was.
Speaker 1: Off with the offspring milk Monday. Hope you guys had a great weekend. Ready to fire it up with us today. Busy week, busy day, hot outside. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's gonna be nineties. It's gonna be hot this week.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of Ring Partley Cloudy his Today of Around in ninety four.
Speaker 1: All right, I already gave you the rundown.
Speaker 3: We got two time two time Hall of Famer Kevin going for.
Speaker 1: Wind number Why can't I get this straight? Win number four? And it's a four pack of tickets with pitt passes to Monster Jam Wow October nineteenth, n ERG Stadium. Did you know Monster Jam was coming back?
Speaker 3: Our truck will be coming two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card twenty days, twenty years. This is just week number two of four weeks of this giveaway Homeroom.
Speaker 1: You're getting that Texas Hammer game all kinds of pit tickets today on the show five Finger Death Punch, Who I was just thinking. You know, we started out with that Offspring song going Away.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard five Finger Death Punch Punch is cover of that song. I mean, five Finger does some amazing covers, but boy, they just reimagined and reworked that Offspring song.
Speaker 1: It is amazing. I was listening to it this week trying to get ready for that concert.
Speaker 3: So five Finger Death Punch will get you in the pit. Don't forget Marilyn Manson's on that bill. We will have those for you at seven to twenty more pit tickets Glass Animals, Yes, we'll get you into the pit At eight twenty concert announcement, one of three concert announcements this week.
Speaker 1: The Thursday announcement is huge.
Speaker 3: It's not buzzfust, so I don't get twenty five emails about it, but it's huge. It is a huge announcement on Thursday. Rod Ryan Show twenty ten Versitary party tickets. We're gonna do those, I know.
Speaker 1: The show.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do some more fun things with them this week, for sure. We're gonna just we're gonna have some fun guys this week. All right, I see these phone lines are ringing.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's that time for the first phone.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 3: A lot of concerts, a lot of concert reviews, pictures came in from the weekend.
Speaker 7: I Heather, Hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: What's up? Did you go see some live music this weekend?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I went and seen the Creek concert. It was a pretty good show.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you're saying pretty good. I'm reading Jonathan's email as you're talking to me, says Rob. The Creed show was the concert of the summer.
Speaker 1: You missed it. They said that. He said you're tighter than ever. So was it great?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. Three Doors Down definitely killed it. Finger eleven killed it, and of course Creed you know, they were headlining, but we were We were mainly there for Three Doors Down. They're they're really high up there band for me and my husband, so we had a lot of fun out there. It was very, very hot though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's super hot.
Speaker 3: My only criticism and I love the guys all right. I love the guys in Three Doors Down. They can be a little boring sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean, they have the hits, they have a million songs that are all great. How was the energy with them on stage?
Speaker 7: Really good? There was almost a fight that broke out right by us, and there's this older couple that was right next to us, and she just started screaming what would Jesus do? And that was probably the highlight of life.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well, I'm still going through all of these pictures.
Speaker 3: Oh, it looks like Jonathan who said that he said the band is tighter than it was at their peak.
Speaker 1: He got a pick over here. Good good for you, Jonathan. Well that's great, Heather. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks. Did you win tickets from us? You just bought your tickets?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've won all my concerts that I went to this year.
Speaker 1: Been through y'all, Heather Wins all those tickets. All right, you're awesome. Thank you for the quick concert review on the floor. If you got any great pictures to share.
Speaker 3: With us for the weekend, if it's one of these concerts or something like I said, some pit people did come through with some pictures, we'll get those up. You can email me directly rod at the Buzz dot com quick Break when we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of Bed Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz four The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this milk Monday, Welcome back for the weekend. Lots of leaks got sent over to Chile. Oh wait a minute, Chili had six picks?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: No, I never Wizard did it? What Wait a minute, I don't remember Wizard thought the Wizard said he was doing it.
Speaker 9: In addition to Chili six picks, Chili chilly?
Speaker 1: How did you play out on Friday? Wait a minute, no, no, no, sitch uh.
Speaker 10: Everybody in their mama wanted to do it, and they said a lot of pictures, but I did it because I said I was going to do Yeah, nice chilling chill.
Speaker 3: All right, well, you gotta get over the links and guests, so lots of pictures for you today.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if you guys saw this, but the Texans showed us their D last night.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 4: It was so good. That D was amazing.
Speaker 6: Wow, somebody when Caleb Williams got out of that sack and like everybody thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: Then you just do a pick that was really cool.
Speaker 5: He was like he was seven sax and two picks the defense if you had Texans, uh defense on your fantasy like me, you're just really proud of them. You're just really proud of them. And okay, no, no, But also, did you see the celebrities were out. Parker McCollum was there. You had Web Sensation sketch at the game. Hey, brother, you had Serena from Love Island, huge, huge in the reality world from Island. Yes, so the stars were out, stars were out last night and the Texans got to win over the Bears.
Speaker 1: So that was very cool.
Speaker 5: Also, there is an rip to mention Tito Jackson, member of the Jackson Five, has died at age seventy. According to his sons, this is the third most popular thing on Google search. So it goes Trump assassination bears versus Texan, then Tito Jackson. Since we already talked about the Trump assassination.
Speaker 4: Headlines, I'll give you the fourth one. It's the Emmys, which we will cover in the next headline.
Speaker 1: So probably throw in the word attempt Trump assassination attempts. The attempt would be really clutch. You know, I woke up what you know what? You're right? That's my bad.
Speaker 4: Uh that won't have it again.
Speaker 1: Those are that's not Euston's headlines. That's it's ending.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody. This is two time Hall of Famer Kevin. Now you're hit fresh out of bed, head to head the Three Day Champions. Somebody get me another cup of coffees. Join me on Monday when I make it win Number four bitch.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five. Ninety four five is my number. But you knew that. If you want to play, come on, here's either ninety four to five the bus. Allright, there we go again. Ninety four to five the buzz fine again by see the good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Good morning, hope you guys had a great weekend. Thank you for sharing so many of your great pictures from over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Keep the coming, man, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy skuys high of ninety four today. We got a game to play, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. All right, two time Hall of Famer Kevin, good morning, Hey, good morning. Let me see if I'm awake. Yes, oh, I'm awake. Now, all right, Kevin, You're going for win number four.
Speaker 11: I believe so.
Speaker 3: I believe so too. You are taking on Oh, Gus Gus the party bus.
Speaker 1: Gus, Hey, brother, right test Allen, how y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Really good dude. Okay, Gus Gus Bus. That's you, Gus Buss. There you are, Gus Bus. Where you've been?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: I feel like you haven't played in a while.
Speaker 11: Hey, brother, I've been trying and trying.
Speaker 8: I've been called her two and three and five and seven and one time I was nine and two and nine and one I was seven again.
Speaker 1: I've been trying. All right, I believe you. I believe you will. You're back on, dude, make good use of your time.
Speaker 3: You got a two time Hall of Famer here that's strung together a couple of victories.
Speaker 1: What are they playing for today?
Speaker 5: I have a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jamm at n RG.
Speaker 1: All right, great ticket.
Speaker 3: I know that's not why you guys play, but it's a nice little reward for winning today. All right, Well, Gus, you're just shutting out your name when you think you know the answer. Kevin, you know how to do this.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, Yeah, yes, sir, Tessa's ready? All right, Here we go. Question number one?
Speaker 3: What was Forrest's last name in that famous.
Speaker 1: Tom Kevin Harris? Faster, Kevin Gump? What was Forrest's last name in that famous Tom Hanks movie? That was Kevin? Right, okay, Kevin, Gus. The party bus just getting a little faster. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Question number two, what sport uses the scores? Love induced?
Speaker 8: Kevin Dennis?
Speaker 1: Wow, s corretch, scretch?
Speaker 4: That was so close, guys, close times you.
Speaker 3: Were on his ask both of those questions, both of those questions, you were right there, but he just he just got you.
Speaker 1: He just got you. Gus. Good to have you on.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Good dayk Kevin, good game, grek.
Speaker 1: Hey Kevin. You're going for the Hall of Fame tomorrow, could be your third visit to the Hall. Are you gonna get the job done? You're okay? All right, Well, we'll get a victory speech out of you and we'll see at Monster Jam.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Show mornings on ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we go, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Well, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakeys. We got a lot of ground to cover today on the show.
Speaker 3: We've only got four hours to spend this morning together, but boy, we are packed each and every hour.
Speaker 1: We've got a ton of stuff for you.
Speaker 3: Of course, we get the fun facts and the fun fact flashback.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up. Party.
Speaker 3: Claudiskuy's ten percent chance of rain, nothing over at ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: His today of around ninety four. You got all the Texans highlights. Yeah, we're going on sports plug right now. Yeah, we're going. Okay, sports blog page.
Speaker 3: In addition to Chili six picks and then Wizard. You know, he had something good going on this weekend. He wanted to send in his six picks, so I guess those are making their way over to Links and guest right now.
Speaker 1: A fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody. Two time Hall of Famer Kevin here now you're fresh out of bed head to head four day champions. Two questions, two answers. I'm just hitting my beat. Join me on tat Tuesday as I make it to the Hall of Fame for the third time, which is gay.
Speaker 1: Kevin's doing very well. Could be a big morning for him tomorrow. It's the fuck thats to the day. We make you look smart and funny your bodies. It's the fun that's to the day. Okay, guys, got a few fun facts for you today. I heard it must have been like on a best of maybe Saturday morning a while back, and we were talking about intrusive thoughts. I enjoyed that conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was crazy how many other people have those things intrusive thoughts? We talked about it. I think it came down to me looking at the fire alarm in the building and I want to pull it so bad. I know, I won't do it, but I don't walk past. You have still to this day after talking about it. You know, you're standing on a bridge. You're like, what would that be like jumping over here? When I was traveling alone, and don't or I'm not jumping off a bridge. But when I used to travel alone before I had the kid, I would always sit in the emergency row and I'd sit next to that damn exit door on Southwest because.
Speaker 1: It's got that one. It's like the only first class seat on Southwest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no seat in front of you, and I would get that seat all the time, and I thought about pulling that damn emergency exit door open.
Speaker 1: I am not strong enough to do that.
Speaker 3: Airplane emergency exit doors are basically impossible to open mid flight due to the pressure. It would take twenty four thousand pounds of force to open up the door while you're mid flight. All right, did you know assuming all the bolts aren't missing, Hi, Hell, I'm just not strong enough to do that.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: No, next fun fact for you today, there's there's seven ski resorts in Africa.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: I mean, any of your friends ever go to Africa to go skiing? No, this is the first of this. There's three in Morocco. Wow, my favorite interesting. Wow.
Speaker 3: One in South Africa. Yeah, there's you can go skiing at seven different places in Africa. Wow, there's snow in Africa.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I love the something.
Speaker 3: The guy that invented the upside down ketchup bottles, you know, the opening at the bottom instead of the.
Speaker 1: Top, brill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he sold that company to Hines in nineteen ninety five for thirteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's neat in ninety five. Hell, you could have come up with that. Gollye. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and your bodies. It's the fuck that to the day. No other ketchup bottles acceptable. Now.
Speaker 3: Now, it's like it would be buying It'd be like buying a piece of luggage with no wheels on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just unacceptable, dumb, No, no, no, all right, what do you give it away?
Speaker 5: I have the two hundred dollars Academy gift card, y two hundred dollars because we're celebrating twenty years of.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show at Houston.
Speaker 4: So they just tacked a little zero a DM there.
Speaker 1: All right, get your fun back Uh.
Speaker 3: What beer company signed a nine thousand year lease for the land that the brewery is on. Okay, Yeah, they're locked into that land until the year ten thousand and seven to fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Then they can renegotiate seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Hey, hell rugby Uh Wall Street.
Speaker 13: Friday, Ay, it was a good down Wall Street. That that was up two hundred and ninety seven points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand and three ninety three NASTAC up one hundred and fourteen to seventeen thousand and six eighty three benchmarktin. Your treasure is trading at a three point sixty five percent in oil is trading at sixty nine dollars three cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Caterpillar, Travelers, and Intel, the big duds Boeing, Chase.
Speaker 1: And Amazon. On the economic CAUNTDAR.
Speaker 13: This morning, we'll get numbers on the manufacturing survey for September. Right now, futures hit on the eipside, hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 11: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is Halan manage director with the Ramon James porting for the rid Ryde Show from Amon James on sand Felipe and the Gusta and Deeficant Doways a rock out your stock out.
Speaker 12: Avimien's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates, Income Ember, NYC, AS, IBC, IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 2: We'll continue.
Speaker 1: This is not a.
Speaker 12: Solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security. Referre to RAND because programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on has reported.
Speaker 3: By Young itamshy four and five the bus Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Back Justin's up early. Good morning, Hi, good morning brother Rock, Good morning man. Thank you for starting your day off with us. I really appreciate it absolutely man, every morning. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So this company signed a nine thousand year lease to keep their business on this plot of land.
Speaker 1: What company that would be Guinness? Yeah, that's right, it was Arthur Guinness.
Speaker 3: Actually that's signed the document seventeen fifty nine, a nine thousand year lease.
Speaker 1: It's about seventy five dollars a month. Like in today's money, it's about seventy five dollars a month. That's what they paid at least that land for the brewery. It's amazing. You're the winner. What do you give it?
Speaker 5: Justin doesn't How about you take this two hundred dollars Academy gift card and go spend it in celebration of twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 1: Congrats, oh herr, Yeah, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that's just I mean, have some fun with that, all right, Thanks for being up, Thanks for being a part of homeroom. It's ninety four to five The Buzz, all right, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Texas Hammer Game, Next hour for pit tickets to five Finger Death Punch Marilyn Manson, I mean the great concerts, keep rolling.
Speaker 1: That show is Thursday night. We will have tickets in the pit Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Okay, we'll get you down there. Ten percent chance of rain Partley Claudy high of ninety four.
Speaker 3: We got pit tickets to go see Glass Animals. I've got those in the eight o'clock hour. And then Chile put those Rod Ryan Show twentyeth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 1: He put those on know the show to that. Tessa right now has Houston's headlines I should do.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna start with the FBI saying it's investigating an apparent assassination attempt on Donald Trump at his West Palm Beach golf club on Sunday. So this happened yesterday and the reports are that the Secret Service agents engaged a man identified as Ryan Restley Ruth near the Trump International Golf Course. He was armed with an AK style rifle equipped with a scope. So this was I mean, this is the biggest thing on Google search.
Speaker 4: This is what is trending. President Biden and Vice President Harris.
Speaker 5: They are relieved to know he's okay after a shooting near the Palm Beach club. A statement was issued by the White House. They have been briefed on that incident.
Speaker 4: But I mean, this is this is crazy. This is crazy.
Speaker 5: When you hear this on the wires or you see it coming down and you're like, no, that you almost want to immediately call.
Speaker 1: Like, no, that's that's wolf.
Speaker 3: But it's not the other thing that makes it even kind of wilder. This wasn't like as a published, scheduled event. What he was doing that day is private, yes, time, private time. And then I guess they had just decided, Hey, let's just go golf.
Speaker 1: So how did this guy know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, it's crazy. Political violence. It's unacceptable. It is absolutely unacceptable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, Hey, so that's the thing that we'll be talking.
Speaker 4: About this morning.
Speaker 5: Also, I have an update on the Polaris Dawn mission. Did you do you remember that, like on I think it was Friday face.
Speaker 3: The private people that were like bobbing around outside of the capsule.
Speaker 5: Yes, the one, the one where he was like tethered on a rope, and we were watching the footage of that and we were like, hey, there's a mission happening.
Speaker 1: Because it was a private mission.
Speaker 5: Four crew members from the Polaris Dawn mission did splash down into the Gulf of Mexico yesterday morning. They set a record. So Polaris Down mission set an altitude record for a private spacecraft and also featured the first two non governmental spacewalks in history. So this was a four person crew spending five days in space. They reached that high point of eight hundred and seventy five miles above the surface of the Earth. That is farther than any human has been from the planet since the last Apollo trip to the Moon in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was pretty cool, pretty significant.
Speaker 1: This is also pretty cool and significant for me. I sent this to you. You would like this story. There was it was it's a silly thing, but.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and you know what, back in June we had mentioned Dolly Parton announced that she was launching her own wine brand. I mean, she has her hand in all different pots, right, She's she works really hard. The wine brand is called Dolly Wines and it's now the first one is finally available.
Speaker 4: It's the Chardonnay and you.
Speaker 5: Can buy it at Kroger, Total Wine and more, HB cost Plus World Market and then of course Dollywines dot com. So it's about fifteen bucks a bottle. You can go check it out on the food blog page. There's also a story. There's also some other food stories. One woman says she's traumatized because she found a rat, a dismembered rat in her bread served to her at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you don't know what you're gonna see on that food blog page.
Speaker 4: Sometimes everywhere, it's everywhere. Oh wait, let's talk about the Emmys.
Speaker 1: I really, I I gotta be honest. I watched football yesterday.
Speaker 4: I didn't really get into the Emmys, but I do know.
Speaker 3: That I was going back and forth because I wanted to see how the Bear did. The Bear cleaned up?
Speaker 1: You know, did they did?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: The Bear did not win Best Comedy.
Speaker 5: There's a little bit of controversies surround that, but you had Jeremy Allen White, even Moss Barack. They did win Best Actor, as Best and Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy, and then they're co star e Liza Colonsais won Best Supporting Actress. So yes, as you mentioned, they cleaned up. We have all the Emmy winners. We have all of this on a blog page. We also have the fact that Jelly Roll performed on at the Emmy's in the in memoriam segment, and he sang the song I Am Not Okay.
Speaker 4: It was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Some people were saying that wasn't the appropriate song choice, so you can't please the internet guys. Spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's oh, you know what else won? Maybe a Reindeer? Oh Martha she won? Yeah, and he won. That's awesome. So that's awesome. I say.
Speaker 3: She and he the two main characters in Baby Reindeer. And they won some other awards too. But it was just fun to see again going back and forth between the Texans.
Speaker 1: Game, see some of the things that I had watched that, you know, it makes you feel like you picked the right things to wat.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I told you guys, the Traitas reality show with Ellen coming as the host. He won like best hosted Reality Show. So I didn't even know how long that's been a category, but he won. I'm very happy for him.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Another woman may be linked to Dave Grohl's infidelity. He may have been having a little siding with this woman described as an alt porn goddess, but she says she's not the one who had his baby. But she has come forward as like, hey, yeah, Dave girl was dabbling over here. You know what I was thinking about this yesterday road was gonna happen, And after.
Speaker 4: Watching TikTok's and said he you know, we hear.
Speaker 5: We see the woman in the comments and people being disappointed, people that are in marriages with kids.
Speaker 4: This shakes them to their core, like, how the hell he would he?
Speaker 5: It's awful. The fallout and the drama continues. We'll be reporting on it. But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, Texans improved to tuno in the season.
Speaker 6: Last night is the beat the Bears nineteen to thirteen. CJS drat through for a touchdown. Kymie Fairbann kicked four field goals in the d fit stepped.
Speaker 1: Up when they needed to, and a complete team win.
Speaker 6: Everyone else in the AFC South lost yesterday too, so the Attexans already have a two game lead for first place in the division.
Speaker 1: They'll play the Vikings next Sunday in Minnesota.
Speaker 6: On Monday Night Football, we Jalen Hurds to the Eagles, hosting Bijon Robinson and the Falcons. Eagles come into this is five and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and then baseball. The Astro's got to win Yesterday they beat the Angels six to four. They swept the Angels over the weekend and have won four straight. They're gonna open up a three game series with the Padres tonight on the road. Spencer Raghetty will be on the mound for this Drolls going up against San Diego's You Darvish first pitches at eight forty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Pretty good sports weekend here for some people. Yeah, I mean the Saints were dominant.
Speaker 4: D ST fan Scared Carr has always carved us up.
Speaker 1: I needed that, David. Yeah, yeah, you know, you know the car, the car that drove all over the stadium. Great sports weekend. The rod Ryan Morning Show Buzz ninety four five Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Another day and uh, another not great.
Speaker 3: Dave Grohl story. It's on the music blog page today. Apparently he was very chummy. I don't know what the word to use is, but maybe may have been having another side thing with a woman described as an adult porn goddess's.
Speaker 1: Porn like alternative.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's she's not denying that they may be messed around. She is taking herself out of the Hey, that kid is not mine?
Speaker 8: But what is?
Speaker 1: What is a goddess?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you have to do? Like to do porn? How do you become a goddess? I think one day, I think one day you start calling your.
Speaker 3: Something, I just say it certified. Yeah, there was guys earlier. You know, there's radio gods, there's all kinds. You just if you just there's Charlemagne the God, he's on the radio in New York. I think you just call yourself a god and then you are or a goddess. You should file for goddess status.
Speaker 1: That's it. I don't file.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any filing needed. I think you just start saying it, you know, you go. So that's the second story. Listen, big rock stories not all good, you know. I mean, starting with Think Think back though, Oasis getting back together.
Speaker 1: It's a huge story, Lincoln Park, huge story. Now Dave Grohl comes in with.
Speaker 3: This, you know, bombshell, and then you got the fight over the weekend, and I've got a couple of emails like, Rod, why are you not talking about it? We talked about it already and it's headlining the music blog page today. Perry Farrell punched Dave Navarro on stage during a James during a Jan's Addiction show on Friday night. We have Perry Ferrell's wife, which is weird that she is being vocal about it, and I mean it's his current it's his wife. She's talking about, like what happened, and they did end up canceling last night's show.
Speaker 1: Now, is this it for the band? We don't know. We don't know, but if you go to Dave Navarro's Instagram page, he's he's making it sound like that that could be it.
Speaker 3: So they canceled last night's show in Connecticut. What's going on for the remainder of the tour we don't know, but there was an altercation. Perry Ferrell was frustrated. He is normally a person of zen. I have interviewed him many, many times. He's one of my favorite rock stars of all time. I think he's a brilliant man and he is one of the nicest rock stars I've ever come across.
Speaker 1: And something was going on. They're saying that he's he's dealing with tonightis which no excuses for, you know, punching your bandmate. There's no excuses at all for that. But they were starting the song.
Speaker 3: I know Alex likes this song too Ocean Size, It's one of my favorite chains Addiction songs.
Speaker 1: And they started doing the song and he was drowned out. He's dealing with the tonight is in his ears.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's not hearing like he should, and he just somehow became very, very frustrated on stage. Don't know why he took it out on Dave Navarro. Dave Navarro also a really cool dude. I mean, those guys are just cool. If you were to ask me what's.
Speaker 1: The last band to get into a fistfight, I would say Jae's Addiction. These guys are just they're older, they're cooler, and it was I was shocked. I was shocked and I and I know why. So many of you sent me that video over the weekend, so of course we have that for you on the music blog page. Boy, I'm waiting like you are. People are asking me, what do you think is going to happen? I don't know. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: You know, bands that have gotten in fights before normally are brothers, you know. I mean, we've seen fights with Oasis on stage. We've seen fights with the Black Crows on stage.
Speaker 4: You're comfortable enough.
Speaker 5: To punch your brother in public, like you know what I mean, Like, you're not going to do that with you did that with your brother before a stranger any day.
Speaker 3: The Cult, I remember, I'm trying to think of like not brothers, not brothers, but yeah, the Cult, Billy Duffy and Ian Aspery they got into a fight on stage in the middle of a concert.
Speaker 5: Even like relationships, I feel like a boyfriend and girlfriend, you know, a situation also implode on stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't fistfight, but there was obvious on stage.
Speaker 3: Sometimes maybe no band fought more than than Fleetwood mag Yeah, all right, well made it work. So we are talking about it. It is on the music blog page today. It is a story that we're covering for sure today.
Speaker 1: You know what, Wizard six picks, Chili six picks, all the other picks that are rolling in.
Speaker 3: It's all good, man, it's all good. And you know what, if you want to just cleanse your palette of all of.
Speaker 1: That, and this is me the Baby Pigmy Hippo if you did, if you haven't seen the Baby Pygmy Hippo.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's in Thailand. It's moo dang all right, which means bouncy pork here. And they are limiting people. They won't leave once they get once they're looking at this because it's in a an enclosure, it's in a zoo. They're limiting people for only a couple of minutes and then you have to move on. Nobody wants to. They're just enthralled with this. You gotta go see.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you to it.
Speaker 3: The baby, the baby pigmy hippo will cleanse your palatee of all the nonsense out there in the world.
Speaker 1: Call now for the best game in the world.
Speaker 3: I think we should probably get ready because we have tickets in the pit for five finger death punch.
Speaker 1: Maryland Manson, I is this going to be the show of the summer. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everybody said Creed was the show of the summer. I said olymp Biscuit was the show of the summer.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what Maryland Manson is doing. You know, we don't know. So that's gonna be on Thursday, and if you want to be in the pit, oh may I to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it?
Speaker 3: We're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game on the flip of this break, So you get on board now. Seven one, three, two and two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, brod Ryan's Show. It's gonna warm up this week kids.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy ninety four will be the hide today. Every phone line is full. People want to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: That's good. I realized we have an amazing prize in there. But first you gotta find out what's trending. Okay, did you see this? Jlo and Ben Affleck were spotted together. Page six says they were kissing. Yeah, I hope they were carrying on. I don't know, you know.
Speaker 5: The couple was observed having a tense conversation, both appearing frustrated.
Speaker 1: Alex I see that she's got kids, he's got kids. Apparently they like to get the kids together still, and the kids are friendly with one another. But I don't know why he would be canoodling with her. They were at a separate table. Why do I know this? I'm embarrassing myself.
Speaker 4: I love that it's like additional details you have.
Speaker 1: I didn't have those details. I feel shame. Oh I hate that.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, there was the fight over at the Sphere, the UFC Fight Night, and yeah, and then Canelo and that was huge.
Speaker 5: And then I'm seeing people talking about the ring girls because instead of going for like the bikini stuff, they were addressed in like Dadellis Werth this they were like as tech. They were like, I don't know, it's like a fashion cultural show.
Speaker 1: At the you're talking about the boxing match, not the UFC.
Speaker 5: It says octagon girls last night. So that's the trend that I'm seeing was the theme for the UFC event. There you go, There you go, So that it could be because it's span a carriage mounk against that's probably the little the little tie in also as it should be. Also, guys, I mean Taylor Swift being at the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, being at the game again. Listen, he's doing thing.
Speaker 3: Every time he catches the ball. Then they show her and she you can you're reading her lips. Oh my god, it's a five yard catch.
Speaker 4: He's oh my god, it comes out and does like his three games.
Speaker 5: She's looking she's like hot. All right, all right, that's what's trending on ninety four five of the bus. You want to give away some pit tickets to and you want to announce a concert?
Speaker 4: Is this is this announced?
Speaker 1: Get yourself together?
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: See Taylor flipping off?
Speaker 14: This is and it's time to play that with Ron Ryan on bus.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, forgetful goddess, we're playing this game.
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What do you giving away?
Speaker 5: Pair of pit tickets to see five figure Death Punch with special guests Marilyn manson Live this Thursday night.
Speaker 1: All right, Dylan, good morning, Good morning, Chillie said you. We're gonna start with you with this game. You must have been called her ten awesome. Okay, dude, pit tickets, I've never seen.
Speaker 3: This will be my first fight Finger Death Punch show, so I've never seen them.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to go. We want to get you in the pen.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I actually have lun tickets and I'm hoping to upgrade those.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's see.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play you the Texas Hammer. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, okay, and you got an ungoogleable amount of time to do it. Okay, okay, all right, here we go. Take a listen, bro, I need an answer, and I'll smile and your wave and we'll pretend it's okay.
Speaker 1: The sure Ride.
Speaker 14: It won't last when he's gone, I won't come back.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of lyrics there. Dylan, name of the band, the song three.
Speaker 11: It's a.
Speaker 1: Dylan. What you said either, Let's bring on right? I didn't hear him, Ryan, Ryan, Good morning, Ryan, how are you are you great?
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to the great Jim Addler. Here, the great Jim Adler go and I'll smile and your wave and we'll pretend it's okay.
Speaker 1: The sure Right.
Speaker 14: It won't last when he's gone, I won't come back.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, that's half the song, Ryan, name of the band, name of the song. Damn it all right, Tessa, you acted like you knew that from idad out of the gate. I was so excited about knowing it, and Alex knew it too. Of course that's his band, because it is. He loaded it in. You still know it's easy. He had mister Adler cut that for him. Sorry, your personal friend, Ryan Winner congratulations. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna give you a pair of pit tickets.
Speaker 5: To see five of Your Death Punch with a special guest, Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: It's this Thursday.
Speaker 5: Also, I'm gonna throw you in for a grand prize. We have a signed five Your Death Punch guitar. So yeah, good luck. If you get that, you're in the drawing for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just so Malsex, Oh my god, I didn't even see that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean this week is already stacked.
Speaker 14: But wow.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan, you're in the pit. Good luck on the guitar drawing. All right, thanks, Maddy Man, thank you. All right, everybody seems to think that that was an easy one. It's ninety four five the buzz, and I'll smile and you'll wave and won't pretend it's okay.
Speaker 14: But you're right, it won't last when he's gone. I won't combine.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz. Jim Handler hit the post on that he did, mister Adler? Did you hear that? I was looking at it. I played the clip. I'm like, oh no, I played the clip of mister Adler over the intro of the Blink. So and I thought, Okay, I think it's gonna fit. I think it's gonna fit.
Speaker 3: And it just said dead and he hit the post. Mister Adler, Texas Hammer will hit the post. Combining two games together, the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: Game and hit the post.
Speaker 6: What the hell, He's not just gonna hammer people, He's gonna hammer that post too.
Speaker 1: Hammered the post, hammered the post. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: Can we do it?
Speaker 1: Hit the post? But you have to do it like Jim either and him at Oh. I don't hate it. I don't hate it. Okay, I do that. I don't hate anything about that.
Speaker 3: I was very surprised to hear my friend Tessa talk about a grand prize of a signed five finger death Punch guitar.
Speaker 1: Did I not get that memo? Dude, that's a huge thing.
Speaker 3: I should have been talking about that all morning long. I was talking about the pit passes. I just didn't realize that we were qualifying too for a grand prize. So Thursday, I guess we're gonna have a big drawing once we give away those pit tickets on Thursday.
Speaker 1: That's it. Boom. Four people will be in that drawing for the autograph guitar.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: Radio Wizard was kind of mentioning something about a guitar with Creed in his cryptic six picks.
Speaker 1: He's got some great picks. He went backstage, him and his gel angie. They went backstage and meet Finger eleven and then he said, oh, well, we just happen to run into Creed. And then you go to Chili's pictures. Dude, come on, Chili a Chili's six picks. Go ahead. Half of them are not pictures that he took. I mean, I appreciate the man submitted six picks. Those you want, Okay, of life. I don't need the twin over here. I know you on his behalf, I don't need the twin. He needs representation he does. Hey, Jilie, what are you complaining about. It's not a complaint. It's not a complaint. Okay. So Friday night, met up some friends for some beers.
Speaker 3: You think maybe there's gonna be a couple pictures of some fellas drinking beers or whoever they are.
Speaker 10: Some of them will get in trouble by okay, they're supposed to be out doing something else.
Speaker 3: Let me just say this, girls, if you're going to Chili six picks, thinking that you're going to see that handsome devil.
Speaker 11: You're not.
Speaker 1: It's not all about him, any of them.
Speaker 10: Why don't you just kill my link now? It's just now, it's not I could have give any hits.
Speaker 1: Oh it's gonna get I'm gonna get you double the hits right now. Yeah, your hits and wizard right now.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I'm going to get you double the hits. So obviously there was some cigar and going on. Then there's a couple of there's a Texas A and M Instagram picture.
Speaker 1: Then there's a just Instagram.
Speaker 10: This is all football cigars.
Speaker 1: This is the best. This is absolutely, I mean, Chili, even by what you have already produced for us before. This is my favorite Chili picture maybe ever.
Speaker 3: And you know, I ask everybody when they submit their six picks, give me a little backstory.
Speaker 1: What's going on here? Give us a little bit of you know your life, So Chili does. I wanted to go watch the Canelo Alvarez fight at a bar, but I was tired, so I was going to order the fight.
Speaker 3: However, I didn't want to spend ninety dollars, so I called it a night. He included. He included his Amazon screenshots.
Speaker 1: He's a point of view shot.
Speaker 14: Is what he was looking of.
Speaker 3: He included an Amazon Prime screenshot showing me that the pay per view was eighty nine ninety five.
Speaker 10: I'm just giving you fact.
Speaker 1: This is what he saw, his eyes spitting facts over here. Bro, God, it is, in fact ninety dollars Chilli, thank you for letting me know that shot of your Amazon account. It's a picture I took the time, and he had to crop it too. He had to crop crop. There's a lot of what that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like, the last thing I want to do when I'm on the weekend enjoying myself is think of work.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and six pigs is work. Once every four weeks you are asked to come in with some photos. He did once every exactly.
Speaker 10: I went to the store and got some guatemelon here. I took pictures of that.
Speaker 4: I thought that was Yeah, that rid that astounding chickens.
Speaker 1: There are three other Instagram photos that are being used in Chile.
Speaker 10: Right, I'm trying to cleanse myself of being in social media and taking pictures. I'm trying to live in the moments, focusing all right, I'm not trying to be that guy, like, let me twitter that such.
Speaker 3: A man, though, I do realize you're the manliest dude on this show by far, Cigars, Dominoes, football and beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what a man? What ky and.
Speaker 10: Thinking about driving around Houston and just taking pictures of sidewalks.
Speaker 1: So y'all better just be thankful. I am so thankful now that that.
Speaker 3: Thought has entered the chat. I can only imagine that's going to happen in four weeks from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you better all right listening as only he can do it. Chili six picks Links and guests The Rod Ryan Show, Mornings on the Buzz, The Buzz, Shine Down, and Don't Die. Are they doing that as the twenty anniversary party? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Every Shinedown song to me translates well to the Acoustic Forum. I've seen them do it so many times. I don't think there's any songs that they can't pull off. Brent and Zach are going to be there at the party. It's October twelfth, Carbok Brewery, Chying Down, Sublime Blue, October Theory, dead Man in the Xies. Still no tickets are on sale. It's not going to happen. Okay, there will be no tickets sold. The only way to get into the show is to win your passes from ninety four to five to buzz. So I do have a pair of passes today on no the show, and that Chili just put those.
Speaker 1: At the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Chili, I've never seen him more live than when he's out doing these ticket giveaways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he really does, like become the best version of himself out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really does seem to. I mean, for as much bitchin and monin as he does over here. This is a good point. And there's a lot those couple of ticket giveaways that you did. Dude, I really felt like you were into it, you know what, not acting on the radio or anything. You really looked like you were having a good time.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 10: I'm out there looking at sidewalks and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's obsessed with sidewalks.
Speaker 8: You know what it is.
Speaker 10: I like, like, like everybody on the show gets happy when they see the listeners.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it happy.
Speaker 10: You know, it's pretty cool see the people that that that help you be successful and everything.
Speaker 1: So you want to say thanks to them and give them a hug and whatever. Would you like to do more of it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Okay, then let's continue to have fun. I'm just gonna leave it at that. Let's do it okay. Yeah, he just likes getting out of the studio. Yeah, that's too.
Speaker 4: Without coming back for a tree.
Speaker 3: All this BS about you, guys, the listeners. He just wants to get out of here, okay.
Speaker 4: Like busting out.
Speaker 1: He wants fresh air.
Speaker 10: That's how I started in radio, bro, that's it takes me back to my beginnings.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: You know not all of the listener stuff was BS. But the most important thing is you getting out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, to think about it. Your work. It's like a field trip. Like when you were in school. What was better than Like we.
Speaker 3: Used to beg the teacher if it was nice outside believe it, believe it or not. It did get nice once in a while in uh North Town I one and New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you guys ever beg like can we do reading outside today? Please?
Speaker 6: Or whatever?
Speaker 1: Get a cool front or something nice on the teachers that they could do that. Why we would beg like, please give me go outside? Today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, I think that's how Chili kind of feels. So let's let's do something. Let's just let's get you out there again.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 10: You know what, I do need some sunlight.
Speaker 1: Okay, getting very paled in here, all right, So Wednesday, let's do something fun again. It seems to be good on Wednesday. I like it. It's fun. Chili's having a good time. Yes, So just more opportunities again, and I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll put tickets on free beer Friday again. I think that's fun it really. I mean, people want to win that beer to begin with before does it kick it up to crazy amounts of call on calls on Fridays when I have that, So plan on that happening as well. So all the beer winners again on Friday, we'll get twenty anniversary party tickets and then we'll send Chili out on Wednesday to give away a bunch of tickets. So you kind of like listen, this week is nutskies and I meet it when I say it. Concert announcement today at nine. There's another one tomorrow or Wednesday, but I know for sure a huge concert is announcing on Thursday. Three big announcements. You know, we're gonna get your tickets to all of them, included that one at nine today when I announced, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give away the tickets, all right, So it's gonna be a fun week, man. I hope you plan on spending the whole thing with us.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The rod Rance Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Okay, next hour, more pit tickets. Glass Animals are playing on Saturday out of the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: We've got tickets for you.
Speaker 3: We have a concert announcement at nine, and then rod Ryan Show twentythniversary party.
Speaker 1: Tickets on know the show talked a little bit with this past hour.
Speaker 3: He said that he wanted to go out and give away more tickets this week, So I guess plan on that happening on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Show and hot this week. Okay, a much warmer ten percent.
Speaker 3: Chance of rain, partly cloudy, mid nineties, and I think that's going to be kind of what we're looking at there and down all week.
Speaker 1: Tessa Houston's headlines Please.
Speaker 5: Former President Trump is saying he will never surrender following what the FBI described as an apparent assassination attempt. Yesterday, In a fundraising email, Trump said he is safe and well following gunshots in his vicinity and that nothing will sew him down. Palm Beach County Sheriff Rick Bradshaw reported that the US Secret Service agents had to engage a man near the Trump International Golf Course armed with an AK style rifle equipped with a scope while the former president was playing golf and off duty Harris County deputy is in the hospital following a multi vehicle accident.
Speaker 1: This happened yesterday as well.
Speaker 5: Yesterday afternoon, deputies responded to a crash around eleven twenty am on the Hardy Toll Road near air Tex. Investigators say a large group of motorcyclists we're speeding through southbound traffic for slowing down in an apparent attempt to take over the tollway. Several collisions resulted and the deputy was hospitalized in serious condition. A motorcyclist and another driver were also injured. Deputies detained several of the bikers.
Speaker 1: Lucky that that wasn't much worse. Absolutely, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, all those bikes and I don't know the ins and outs of this thing. I just know that people get frustrated.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I am a motorcyclist, so when I tell people, hey, man, we're out there on two wheels, please be careful, I don't even say it anymore on the air.
Speaker 1: I get met with Rod.
Speaker 3: I see somebody asshole motorcycles out there, Stop talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's like there's a hatred for him. There's a hatred for them with some people in this comity.
Speaker 3: And there's a love hate with bicyclists too, you know, with people. So yeah, it's tough. I don't really bring it up on the air anymore. I think everybody should be careful out on the roads and don't go out and hurt anybody.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when I'll bring.
Speaker 3: It up when it's the Lone Star rally and I'll say, guys, look this weekend there's gonna be a lot of extra motorcycles on the road, please be careful, okay. And drivers will email me of four wheel vehicles and they'll say no, no, because I don't appreciate how they're riding their motorcycles out there.
Speaker 1: Rod, I'm like, wow, it's bisire. This is a big city.
Speaker 5: A lot of people in it. We all got to share the road. I know, it gets frustrated.
Speaker 3: It's stories like this where these motorcyclists are taken over the whole road and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's where people get frustrated.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, right, yeah, local story definitely wanted to mention it, and let's move on.
Speaker 5: Let's move on, because I feel like people would be shaken and stirred if they ordered this by mistake. There's this fancy restaurant in Chicago and it's serving the most expensive martini in America. This is not a reasonable price. This is thirteen thousand dollars for a martini. For that much, you'd almost expect to get diamonds with it.
Speaker 1: And the good news is you do.
Speaker 5: So this restaurant, this is how this is all happening. This restaurant is above a jewelry store. They've partnered with said jewelry store. So this martini comes with a fourteen carried gold tennis bracelet with one hundred and fifty dimes in it. It's a mes cow martini.
Speaker 1: Okay, spin Zone, why don't you sell the bracelet for the price and it comes with a free martini? There we go, There we go like the Martini, can you hold the bracelet?
Speaker 5: The thirteen thousand Martini gets the headline, gets us to talk about it, and that's how that show business baby. Speaking of show business, show business, British tabloids cannot always be trusted. Last week there was an amazing rumor that a Goonie sequel was in the works, and some of the casts have basically shut it down.
Speaker 1: Corey Feldman was like.
Speaker 5: I can officially tell you one hundred percent, I have no information that a Gooney sequel is in the works. Remember we were like, oh, it's been green lit, everyone's going, Everyone's coming back. And then Martha Plimpton, who played Steff, says, people, there is no Goony's two script.
Speaker 4: There is no attached Spielberg is not directing.
Speaker 1: It's not real. What is real. Check your registration and make sure you vote. Oh boy, there you go.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We were all excited about it too.
Speaker 3: We talked out how everybody all the way up to Josh Brolin was apparently on board to come back and do it.
Speaker 4: Sean Aston might still be trying to make it happen.
Speaker 5: He posted one of these fake Uni twos poster and was like, it's our time, Come on Spielberg or come on Stephen, and.
Speaker 4: Then you know they're talking about Satan Spielberg.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 4: Should have this have been the headline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big story.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you look at just the emails that came in over the weekend, I was probably sent this seventy five times the rod did you sed?
Speaker 1: Did you see? Did you see? And I know why because you guys know how much I love this band.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about Jane's addiction.
Speaker 5: Having to end their show early Friday in Boston after Perry Ferrell assaulted Dave Navarro on stage, Perry got in Dave's face, shoulder checked him before throwing a punch. The way he was looking at him was insane. A crew member tried to get Perry to stop. Bass player Eric Avery jumped back in had to put him in a headlock. He got many punched him in the stomach. So the whole band is fighting. They issued a statement on Saturday saying we want to extend a heartfelt apology tar fans for the invents that unfolded last night. Perry's wife shared her perspective on what went down, and she called her husband a crazy beast and said he had been frustrated with the sound because his voice was being drowned out by the band. Yeah, she credited Dave for being handsome and cool in the middle of the fight, but she thinks that Eric took cheap shots on Perry.
Speaker 4: So she's basically giving analysis on the fight.
Speaker 1: It's on the book.
Speaker 3: I just looked up the last post for Dave Navarro. It's a it's a black and white. He's on stage. You can see the back of his acoustic guitar. It says Jane's Addiction on it, and he just wrote good night. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Good night? Like everybody sleep well? Or is it good night for the tour?
Speaker 8: Is right?
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't know.
Speaker 3: They did cancel with full refunds last night's show, that was the next scheduled show after the fight.
Speaker 1: Is the tour over?
Speaker 3: We'll find out today. We will find that they have to they have to come up with something today. I don't know when the next tour, when the next show is, but we're going to know the future of James Addiction by today.
Speaker 1: I think thanks. I think I think we would have to find that out. Help South those reason headlines, Oh, I hope they patch things up, all right. Texans got it done. Yeah, they improved it to and on the season. Last night is they beat the Bears nineteen to thirteen. CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud through for a touchdown, Kymie Fairband kicked four field goals, and the defense stepped up when they needed to and a complete team win. Everyone else in the AFC South also lost yesterday, so the Texans already have a two game lead for first place in the division in just week two. They're gonna play the Vikings next Sunday in Minnesota. On Monday Night Football, we got Jalen Hurts and the Eagles hosting Bijon Robinson and the Falcons. Eagles come into this as five and a half point favorites. Kickoffs at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN. In baseball, the Astros got to win yesterday. They beat the Angels six to four to sweep the Angels all right weekend. They've also won four straight. They'll open up a three game series with the Padres tonight on the road. Spin to Erra Getty, You'll be on the mound for the Stros going up against San Diego's you darbish. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. UFC three or six was in the Sphere in Las Vegas, and we have all of the highlights from that, whether you want to see the fight highlights or just all the cool graphics that they put up all over the sphere. It's pretty sick. It was no Cha night for the UFC, so I had like a Mexican theme. It was pretty cool. And you can walk in Like when you walk into it, it looks like you're in a coliseum at first. There's like a flying sugar skull around going like it was.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Go see all the cool stuff they did in the sphere on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, love the woodlands, love all this stuff. It's just everything is so sphere on everything. Everything is so mid compared to the sphere.
Speaker 1: Now, why doesn't everything have a sphere?
Speaker 4: I want a spear in this room, Buy a sphere, Rod Brigi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rod do it. It's a billion dollars. Okay, a billion dollars. I know Alex is in for five bucks. Thanks, hi, guys, he's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 2: It's the Rod Last Morning Show. From six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five the bus half played part of the show Pah half way already eight O six chapter cent Chance of Ring partly Claude Skies ninety four will be the high today. Lots to see on links and guests today.
Speaker 3: I mean we went through Chili six picks kind of like pick by Pick talked about the greatness that those are. And then you've got Radio Wizard, who you knew he had something bruin because he wanted to know when he was going to get back in the rotation, which I don't think he said the rotation, but he wanted to know when he was getting back in on six pinks.
Speaker 1: And I go, well, let me guess you got something fun planned this weekend and you want to just show off your pictures and your little girlfriend and you want to go backstage and hang with rock stars. He's like, well, I do some things planned. Yeah, So he did go backstage.
Speaker 3: So you can see Radio Wizard and Angie they're backstage with Finger eleven and he's like, oh, we just have a you know, see Creed too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he was down. I don't know if he's in the pit. Yeah, he was in the pit because he took one of the over the shoulder pit pictures.
Speaker 3: So even though they don't normally come out great, but a lot of people sent pictures from this weekend, so that's great.
Speaker 1: So Chili six Picks Radio Wizard's six Picks. E roch Rn sent me some camping photos. She's got a nice setup. Man.
Speaker 3: I remember we talked to him on Friday. He said he was going camping.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's called us on the open phones and we were like, he's like, I'm taking off for four days.
Speaker 1: Were going because there was an eric On right before him. I remember it now.
Speaker 3: There was an eric On beforehand and E Rock, whose name is Eric hates when I call any other Eric's e Rock. He's like, I'm the only e rock rout now, please do not call all Eric's e Rocks. So he went camping, so he's got a real nice rig. So yeah, it's cool. I mean, you know, as much as you know people want to see Chili six picks, we love you guys sharing your stuff from the weekend and what you guys were up to.
Speaker 1: So thank you for that. I appreciate its. People were rocking out this weekend.
Speaker 3: We're gonna continue to rock and we're gonna get you in the pit for Glass Animals.
Speaker 1: Saturday at the Woodlands.
Speaker 3: We already gave away five Finger Death Punch Marilyn Manson Pit tickets last hour, but we're gonna move those around all week long. Rob Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets coming your way on Know the Show Today, concert announcement at nine tickets to that show.
Speaker 1: And and me on the radio telling you that it's okay to poop at work. It's okay to poop at work. Good thing.
Speaker 3: There's a thing called poop paranoia. This reminds me of the kid from American Pie that couldn't poop at school. Yes, he could not poop at school, right, just was one of his things. I imagine those people go on to people that become people that can't poop at work.
Speaker 1: It is such a concern that.
Speaker 3: The Health Department in Australia is putting out an alert to let people know that it's okay to poop at work. Those people are suffering from what they call pooh paranoia, and they listed things that might help people suffer from it.
Speaker 1: I don't have this Pooh paranoia. I don't. I mean, I'm at work. If you're going to be here for eight or nine hours, I can't even imagine not going here at the station.
Speaker 5: I kind of like it because since we're here before people usually I don't have to run into anyone.
Speaker 1: I can have the whole bathroom to myself. Yeah, you can just blow it up.
Speaker 4: Whatever I want in there, whatever I feel like it.
Speaker 3: So they dropped the term pooh paranoia, and they listed four things that might help people who suffer from it.
Speaker 1: Number one, remember that everyone poops.
Speaker 4: Okay, good reminder Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Real basically my daughter.
Speaker 3: I Also, I think I have in Everybody Poops and Everybody Farts book, they say, try visualizing someone famous on the toilet, like Taylor Swift.
Speaker 6: If you are adult, need to do this, Like use you got some stuff, You got other things that are going on that aren't just this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, bring a small fragrance spray into the toilet with you.
Speaker 1: I mean that'd be wonderful. You have a little bag you have to go to the bathroom with.
Speaker 3: I believe it's called pooh pirie. I believe that's what they call poo pirie. Avoid food or drinks that might trigger your bowels. And now they just said be loud and proud and be all into it. Now I'm telling you to avoid things that might trigger your bowels.
Speaker 1: So that's why people are confused and upset.
Speaker 3: That one's a little contradictory. And then breathe deeply or do some short meditation exercises like on I listen, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Go during Green Day songs. I gotta go during blank one eighty two songs. I'm not meditating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, boom, get in, get out, snap it off, and then be back here by the end of the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 5: I can go pretty quickly the people that sit, because that's a lot of people that do this.
Speaker 1: But that is now in my home life as well.
Speaker 3: Basically, no matter when I go, it's kind of in the in the window of a blank within eighty two song.
Speaker 1: Even at home, I don't sit there. I just don't sit in there for a long time. It's it's bizarre to me. Evacuate, get up, Yeah you know. Yeah, all right, guys, it's okay to boop it work. Okay, that's not just this show. That's like from health organizations quick break when we come back rec check, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll give away some more ticket Duit Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to A.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I just saw it from Pat Morero sent it in some pit pit pictures. I don't know how those slipped by me, and he said, no, I don't think he won those from us.
Speaker 1: But Pat said, just so you know, I know how to do this. So if you have any pit tickets laying around you see that I can, I will come through. I will come through with the you know, the pit pictures that you're always asking about. Thanks Beat, great pictures. Appreciate you, Sharon. Ten percent chance of Ray partly cloudy today, I have ninety four.
Speaker 3: I got pit tickets to Glass Animals coming up. But first to find out what's trending.
Speaker 5: Let's pray for our boy Weezy, because little Weiziana says it hurt a whole lot that he did not get the Super Bowl halftime show in his hometown of New Orleans. He said, he said it broke him. He said the news broke him. And he's just trying to put him back together.
Speaker 1: Why didn't he I know him in a room with fans, and I like him too, I like Lil Wayne. Why would he assume that because the super Bowl is in his hometown that he's going to be asked to do the halftime show. They don't do that.
Speaker 6: He's never done it before, and aftaw New Orleans one thousand other times.
Speaker 1: Yes, they don't. Just okay, if it's in Detroit, well then I guess we got to get Kid Rock to do it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: They don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's not the halftime show. The theory on why he may have thought, why did they tell him?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Think ever since jay Z got involved, jay Z made this pledge to get it more hip hop rap artists going right, Okay, Okay? I think him and jay Z had like this mutual kind of like like almost like an expectation there, like if it ever comes here. Obviously, I'm your boy, right like on your guy.
Speaker 1: I'll disagree with you. I see where you're going with this. But where I disagree is that agreement was one sided. That mutual agreement was one sided. Jay Z would never lead somebody on. I don't think you would. I don't think you would lead somebody on that. Hey, don't worry, I'll take a long look at you when we come to New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I think jay Z's a businessman, and I think he the popularity of Kendrick Lamar you can't. That's undoubtable. But also when you have the big conversation of best rappers alive, people throw Litluisiana in there, they throw jay Z in there, and maybe it's a slight like maybe like, no, dog, you're my competition.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, I'm not going to give you that big stage that you want. A lot of people were mad at jay Z for this move.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's move ontow, let's move on. September, Riah Carey and her twins visited the Great Wall of China. Now in Mariah Carey fashion, she was wearing the highest heels you could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: She was like, Oh, I wish they.
Speaker 4: Would have told me there was this many stairs on the Great Wall of China. They told they someone should have warned me not to wear heels.
Speaker 1: I would say, she brought the twins. Are you talking about like her kids are kids? Okay?
Speaker 4: Because you know, okay, Yeah, I was just thinking about her children.
Speaker 1: Her whole outfit didn't look like she was going to seek.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like, yeah, it's her. It's the Great Wall featuring Ria Cary.
Speaker 3: Right after that, pictures snapped. Then you know, she got on that thing and they're just carrying her clear Patra style everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's what I expect. That's how it is.
Speaker 5: And then Miami Dolphins starting quarterback who was talking about Lola is not planning to retire. He will not walk away. People have been calling for him to do that. You know, he suffered a concussion and last Thursday's loss of the Buffalo Bills, people are still like, is he gonna retire so she can retire as far as let's go, No, he's.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna keep playing his body his choice.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm getting more tickets in the pits. People seem to go pit tickets. Yeah, people seem to enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Okay, since I enjoyed so much, how about pit tickets to see glass Animals live on their tour birth show. It's this Saturday Withinan's pavilion, all right, looking.
Speaker 3: For caller number ten seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: I was told that Saturday night was the concert of the summer. That, of course, was the sold out Creed three doors down in this band here Finger eleven. If you look at Radio Wizard's six picks, he's hanging backstage with rock stars. He's hanging with the Canadian four some of Finger eleven.
Speaker 3: I guess there's five guys in the band, all right, calling on for those pit passes here on the bus ninety.
Speaker 9: Four five the buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show, Finger eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I missed it. I heard it was great. Wizard said it was great. Everyone's talking about how awesome he sold.
Speaker 3: Out Creed show and BOYD lots of great reviews. The monsters were on stage last night. I'm talking about Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. God, Nita Strauss looked amazing up there.
Speaker 5: I did see some of those pictures that someone sent in. She's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: She's an unbelievable shredder, she's an unbelievable player, But man, did she look good.
Speaker 3: She can't take a bad photograph. I mean, when you're playing the guitar, you make goofy faces, you look terrible. She looks amazing. She looks amazing at every single picture of her shredding up there with Alice Cooper.
Speaker 1: But everyone said that they were great.
Speaker 3: So two back to back really great rocking shows up there at the Woodlands Pavilion this weekend, and we're continuing. Thursday is going to be Finger eleven. I'm sorry, five Finger Death Punch. We just heard Finger eleven, five Finger Death Punch, Maryland, Right, Marilyn Manson, I'll be at that one. I'm going Thursday night. That'll get me out during the week I've never seen five Finger live, so I really want to check them out. I'm excited about that. And then we've got so pit passes to that, and we'll get you qualified for an autograph guitar, which I was blown away. I found that this morning listening to my favorite radio show. And then we'll do five days to giveaways for pit tickets to go see Glass Animals who are playing on Saturday. Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, What hey, what who's this? Hey? Hey? No man, this is Jack, Hi Jack your color number ten. I got pit tickets for you, all right, finally I got pit tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about time, dude, Glass Animals are playing on Saturday at the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you into the pit.
Speaker 11: Jack.
Speaker 14: That's that's all man, Thanks so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I appreciate you, all right, Jack.
Speaker 3: Everyone like all the cool kids are taking pictures in the pit and sending them to me.
Speaker 1: All right, so maybe you could do the same. You got that, I'll send you bunnye Okay, I've heard that before. Oh yeah, big week for pit passes. Yeah again here on the Rod Ryan Show. Yes, wow, Wolves.
Speaker 8: You we go.
Speaker 3: All right, chill, there's gonna move those around all week long. Two opportunities to get the pit. Hey, we got a concert announcement coming.
Speaker 1: Up at nine o'clock. We'll give away tickets to that show.
Speaker 3: Sober Dating There is now an app exclusively for people that only are interested in dating other sober people. It's like now, but this is it launched last week. They said they had a wait list of five thousand people.
Speaker 1: Waiting to join this thing. Really for like a dating.
Speaker 3: They must have beta tested something. There must have been something out there that, you know, people that are hipper and smarter than us they knew about it. And they said they had five thousand people that were just waiting to turn it on. It's a pay website too. You have to pay to be on this thing to find other sober people. I just I think a lot of younger people are not drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the numbers are down on that gen z is. Yeah, they're the numbers for them. Drinking is down.
Speaker 1: Club Pillar launched last week.
Speaker 3: It's the first referral only sober dating app and sounds like I'll say this, it's far from free, Alex.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're referral and pay. Wow. Well now listen. I don't know what it's like. I imagine you've stuck up. If you're on it, I feel like you have to go through all that stuff. That's a lot. But if you are not drinking and you want to meet somebody that's in that, I mean, just think about this. Isn't there a farmer's only website?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to be lonely at farmers only dot com.
Speaker 3: I think somebody sign me up for farmers only. I was getting updates from them, like who sign me up for farmers only on.
Speaker 1: The farmer Okay?
Speaker 3: So club Pillar they vet all their prospective members and they will ask you how much you drink.
Speaker 1: So apparently there's levels.
Speaker 3: There's completely sober, there's sober curious, there's recovering, and there's tears.
Speaker 1: The lowest you can get in on this thing.
Speaker 3: Is thirty dollars a month, So that's I'll do it. It's two it's just under three hundred dollars a year. Okay, you get five swipes a day. Okay, there's the fifty dollars a month. That's four fifty a year. You get ten swipes a day.
Speaker 6: That's five hundred bucks a year to only get ten swipes ten swipes a day, Yeah, that's that?
Speaker 1: Is that a lot? There's that? Not a lot. I just feel like that's just ten people. I've never been in the swipe game, Like, I've never done it. I don't know the swipe game, because isn't it they come up, you swipe one.
Speaker 4: Way or the other, Swiping right means you like them.
Speaker 1: Okay, so do you get ten of those? Can you just reject people all day? Or do you literally? Does does every swipe a reject? And I'm interested? Does every one of those counts a swipe?
Speaker 2: I think? So?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because I know, like I know that guys have the.
Speaker 5: Tendency they just swipe right on everything because they're just.
Speaker 1: Looking for one.
Speaker 3: Right, Wait a minute, why do you just say, God, I'm gonna I'm gonna be you for a second here.
Speaker 1: You can't say, oh.
Speaker 5: Guys, because guys women are more picky, Like they're more picky with what's going on. If you're a guy on dating app and you're like not looking for something serious, you're just gonna you just.
Speaker 1: Want anyone that's gonna match with you. Like, no girls do that. No, not a one leg not even one. And that's what I've done the research.
Speaker 3: I don't know what count I don't know what counts as a swipe if it's just like the ones that you're interested or not.
Speaker 1: But that's paying three hundred dollars a month, I feel like should be able to do. Is whatever you want, dude, five hundred bucks a year. Yeah, it's a lot. That's a lot. But obviously they came up with something for the Sober Dating app and they launched it and they just boom and people like just pouring into the doorway right afterwards. All right, well, now you know that's out there. If that's for.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 9: Ninety four or five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Lincoln Park lost, and the Internet continues to debate discuss lots of tracks, lots of live videos.
Speaker 1: Of Lincoln Park and what they're doing.
Speaker 3: I see it all the time in my feed, and I'm stopping on a lot of them too, so it's in my algorithm. But I think I think the new singer's doing a great job. I've seen some more live clips of their live stuff, and I think she's doing a phenomenal job.
Speaker 1: I really really do. But that's my opinion. Some other guy emailed me last week and he gave me his opinion and it was opposite, and he didn't want my opinion out there, but he wanted me to subscribe to his opinion that we can all have opinions. Yes, yes we can, we can. We can. Alex will know this just because Bill Burr is one of his favorites.
Speaker 3: And I just saw it over the weekend too, because I stopped at Bill bur clips because they're alway funny to me. I like him too, and I don't know. He was just talking about, you know, how we go to a baseball game. Now, he's a real funny guy about his observations. He's like, you know, you can't go to a baseball game. If you catch a file ball, you got to give it to a kid. He's like, what the hell I used to be able to keep that ball. Now I got to give it to some kid. I'm a monster if I don't hand it off to the nearest kid. You know, really really funny bit. So I'm thinking of that as I'm reading this email. I'm going to keep the dude's name out of it. Okay, but tell me you don't have kids without telling me you don't have any kids.
Speaker 1: Good morning, buzz family. I just wanted to share my frustration.
Speaker 3: Or jealousy real quick. On Saturday, I bought scalper priced pit.
Speaker 1: Tickets, but hey, it was worth it.
Speaker 3: What I didn't like and hated to see the whole night was that next to me there was a couple with their seven year old getting everything given to him. He got handed to him, guitar picks from all bands that performed, drumsticks, set lists, and the.
Speaker 1: Guitar that Creed was going to give away.
Speaker 3: I've seen this before, that the kids get a lot of things from bands, But how is that fair when we are the real fans for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, rant over this guy. This guy is jealous of his seven year old getting picks. I love you, I love you honestly.
Speaker 5: You sound so bitter, but it's refreshing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, love this band longer than this kid's been around. Give me, give me the drum stack. He's not wrong.
Speaker 6: They got every setlist, bro, Like, come on, can't you share with somebody else?
Speaker 1: Funny? It really got He got a whole duffel bag full of stuff. You know what I want to see.
Speaker 5: I want to see a kid getting something and then them giving it to an adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe flip the kid got the guitar. Mark Tremonte gave away a gu and he handed it to the kid right next to him.
Speaker 5: You know why, because the kid is the same move like the kid has.
Speaker 1: Never repeated on his wife.
Speaker 4: The kid has never flipped.
Speaker 1: Someone off in tracking. Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's the safe give.
Speaker 1: It's the same.
Speaker 4: Like, no one's gonna argue that the kid doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this, the people giving away the stuff, they have kids. Okay, so they're gonna give it to a kid, right. You know what I mean, right, this guy doesn't have kids. Yeah, you can't get mad.
Speaker 6: I can tell, I can tell other adults. Don't get mad that you give it to another adult that was a kid.
Speaker 1: He was a child. It's funny.
Speaker 3: It's funny because he paid a lot of because he paid a lot of money for those pit tickets.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, just a pick or something, Man, would you? I'm right here. Yeah, I do think shaming people for the foul balls is getting a little out of hand. Like, bro, that kid didn't catch that he was seven rows back, just because you have a child near you, No hands all right, Very funny, Rock and alternative.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, he.
Speaker 14: Goes there, he goes.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 5: Alex sred so Alex So Alex, damn good?
Speaker 1: Why do you only shred on that one song? I don't want to do it every time. You know, you gotta make a session. You don't even sound out of breath. That's like the normal off so many time, thirty forty five bus, Good morning, it's the Beastie Boys. No Sleep to Brooklyn with Alex shredding at the end. There, Good morning.
Speaker 3: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It's awesome that you guys are on board with us, Thank you very much. I'm gonna have a concert announcement shortly after nine o'clock and then we'll give away those tickets one of three concert announcements. I don't know that we're getting the second one though, And you know how personally I feel like Jordan and personally I kind of take offense to that.
Speaker 1: I like to have all the concert announcements happen on the morning show.
Speaker 3: I believe the second one is gonna happen outside of the show hours, but then a big one on Thursday that's gonna happen during the show. So three big, big shows to announce. They just keep getting bigger as the week goes on. So we got those tickets coming up for you early in the nine Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets on Know the show. Chili backloaded those ten percent chance of ring partly Cloudy Hive ninety four, speaking of Chili, six picks, people are checking them out.
Speaker 1: Six picks from Chili. He was forced to do it. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Well, the suspect is in custody after what the FBI is calling an apparent assassination attempt on former President Trump. The statement follows a shooting incident yesterday afternoon near former President Trump's Palm Beach golf club. Trump was reportedly golfing when shots rang out, prompting the Secret Service to rush him to safety. Fore, Lisa and the US Secret Service are investigating. So this suspect, he's fifty eight years old. He is Ryan Ruth. He staked out a position within five hundred yards of the former president during that round of golf, and he was armed. His son has apparently already given a statement to the media or in. Ruth says his fifty eight year old father father hates Donald Trump, but he's shocked to learn he's the one suspected of planning the possible assassination attempt against him.
Speaker 1: Apparently his dad.
Speaker 5: Ryan dropped his weapon and fled in an suv before he was caught in a neighboring county. They got ahold of him there, and now he is suspected. He is due in court today, So that's going to be the next update we'll get is when he appears in court.
Speaker 4: I think we'll have more information following that.
Speaker 5: Four crew members splashed down into the Gulf of Mexico yesterday morning after setting a record. The Polaris Dawn mission set an altitude record for a private spacecraft and also featured the first two non governmental space walks in history. This was a four person crew. They spent five days in space. They reached a high point of eight hundred and seventy five miles above the surface of planet Earth. That is farther than any human has been from the planet since the last trip to the Moon in nineteen seventy two. Back in June, Dolly Parton announced she was launching her own wine brand called Dolly Wines, and now the first one is finally available. The Dolly Wine chartonagg is available. You can buy it an a can be you can bite at Kroger, Total Wine and more. There's also her website, Dollywines dot com. It's about fifteen bucks a bottle, which I think is reasonable. You know, her name still got to be reasonable enough for the masses. So that's going to be on the food blog page today. There's also some other stories, like if you've ever wondered why a lot of restaurants have stopped serving ice water, Apparently it's supposed to be more fancy.
Speaker 1: You can go find out why.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Dolly Parton doesn't have this was This was a very interesting day for me, the day that you guys found out that Paul Newman was an actor and not.
Speaker 1: Just a salsa guy.
Speaker 3: Okay're like, what do you mean the salsa guy?
Speaker 1: I said, he was like the biggest actor of his time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel that same way about Dolly. I wonder if this will be the start of a line of products. I could see her everything.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, you know what I mean. She's just so beloved.
Speaker 3: She should also have that, you know, And then generations from now we'll just wonder, who's that big boomed lady on the salsa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a Dolly partner, you country artists of our generation. Yeah, okay, let's talk about the Primetime Emmy Awards.
Speaker 4: A seventy six award Show Is in the Books.
Speaker 5: Showgun took home the trophy for Outstanding Drama Series, Hacks one Outstanding Comedy Series. We had Jeremy Allen White's work in The Bear, earning him an award for an Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, and Gene Smart Beat out the competition.
Speaker 4: For an Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
Speaker 5: So we've got a recap page, and we've got the fact that Jelly Roll performed at the Emmys.
Speaker 4: Did Nikki Glazer host?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Was she the host last night?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: The Levies? The father Son, Well that's right.
Speaker 4: Okay, when I say I was watching football and not this, please believe me.
Speaker 1: They were really funny too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were kind of calling out the Bear for not being funny. But the Bear swept.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Bear did great.
Speaker 5: A lot of their actors winning awards, and you know, it's talk series, scripted, variety series, reality, competition, all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: That whole list is on our blog page. Everyone raves about that. Steve Martin, Martin short only murders in the building.
Speaker 4: Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that truly is a comedy, and the argument is a real comedy is being kept from winning by the Bear, which is not a comedy. And I'll agree. I love the Bear, you guys know how much I love it. It's not a comedy. It's not what you call it a Grandma. That's a drama.
Speaker 3: It's the most anxious I've ever been watching a TV show. Okay, so it's its own category.
Speaker 1: Drama. It's a drama, not a comedy.
Speaker 3: Agreed, it's a drama. And there's a lot of drama with Dave Grohl right now. More drama, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's another woman that may be linked to him and his infidelity.
Speaker 1: The stories are coming forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave girl may have been having a little side thing with the woman described as alt porn goddess, but she says she's not the one who had his baby, so she kind of spoke on it. There's a source that says they've been really chummy and that he's apparently paid some of her bills over the years. If you go read the article, which you know, I flew to go read that article. Yeah, this insider said she would all often feel uncomfortable if rol was out with them. It's like, okay, we all know you have a wife and a family, Like what do you kind of do in here type of situation? So you can go check this out. I said it earlier in the first report. I just think he's traumatized people that are in relationships with kids, you know, marriages that are kids. He was supposed to be one of the good guys, and we're learning that maybe that's not the key person that's ever done. No, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 4: But if you want that image and you want that good guy report, then you got to.
Speaker 1: Kind of do things right behind the scenes. Those are Houston headlines. Here we go. Texans improved to two and zero on the season. Last night. They beat the Bears nineteen to thirteen. CJ Strad through for.
Speaker 6: A touchdown Kimie Fairbear and kicked four field goals, and the defense stepped up when they needed to for a complete team win. Everyone else in the AFC South also lost yesterday, so the Texans already have a two game lead for the division after just week two. They're gonna play the Vikings in their next game on Sunday in Minnesota. On Monday Night Football, we got Jalen Hurts and the Eagles hosting Bijon Robinson the Falcons. The Eagles are five and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoffs at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN on the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today. Shador Sanders of Colorado.
Speaker 6: They beat Colorado State and then he refused to shake the quarterback's hand.
Speaker 1: Was he accusing him of like mouthing off on social media.
Speaker 6: He said he was talking crap. Not exactly, he didn't say crap, but yeah, he was like, I ain't got nothing for you. And the guy's like, all right, cool, just keep talking and just walked away from him. But like Schador's entire mo is that he talks crap. So yeah, you, I feel like you just I don't know if I'm an NFL scout. I think he's very talented, but I'm having like personality questions with him. Character character character issues are coming up because that's.
Speaker 1: What they said about Neon Dion Sanders when he came out of college. That's fine. I like it.
Speaker 6: You got to back it up and keep talking, though he's gonna not back it up. What is not Colorado State and baseball. Astro's got a way And yesterday they beat the angel six to four. They swept the Angels over the weekend and I have been on a four game winning streak. They're going to open up a three game series the Padreas tonight on the road. Spencer Aragety will be on the mount for the show. Is going up against San Diego's you darbish. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports The Buzz, Rocky and Alter.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: It's three days Grace and I hate everything about you. Nine eight.
Speaker 3: I suppose I should get into that concert announcement I've been talking about maybe, Yeah, three big announcements, three big bands coming to town separately, and each announcement will be bigger than the next. Okay, so you got this one and I'm ready to do and I'll I'll give away the tickets to it, and then I can't.
Speaker 1: I just cannot read.
Speaker 3: I just don't think we're getting meeting us in the morning from six to ten. I don't think we're getting that second announcement. But boy A Doozy is coming on.
Speaker 1: Thursday, and as of right now, Yeah, I hate to hype it up too much because sometimes bands will h no, we're gonna move, we're gonna push something.
Speaker 3: Remember we announced Jane's addiction. Yeah, the first time we announced Jane's addiction and it was at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: That Live Nation said, oh, they've pushed back the announcement, so then we just pretended it didn't happen. We're just like, what are you talking about? People say, where's those Jan's Addiction tickets you talked about? Like, don't be weird. We never said that, and I just said, what you're talking about? Like, we full on announced the show and then Live Nation an hour later. An hour later, Live Dation said yeah, we're pushing it back two weeks, like the toothpaste is out of.
Speaker 4: The tube, right, Okay, No, we don't look stupid, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I Thursday. I don't want to overhype it. It's really big though, so I'm super excited. It's not buzzfest. Yeah, spoilers yus. I've already got emails about it. All Right, here you go. A Wall Nation Live April first House of Blues tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten am through Ticketmaster locations.
Speaker 3: Most of you will probably go to ticketmaster dot com to get your tickets. This was a band that everybody liked that song Sale when it first came out, and then it really it took. It took Dinah saying you've got to go, and you got to watch them. You got to see them live, and she was absolutely right. They're awesome.
Speaker 1: Have you seen them?
Speaker 3: Alex lives, He's he's a performer.
Speaker 1: He's really really good. Now you're not in studio, I've seen them when they plum the studio. Yeah, yep. So a Wall Nation April first at the House of Blues.
Speaker 3: If you would like to win a pair of tickets before they go on sale, I'll give away a pair of tickets right now, boom, right now, I'll take call her number ten seven one three, two one two.
Speaker 1: Five nine four five. You want them, you want them, come get them on the flip got a wreck check for you and Alex's online segment. I can't wait to see what he has for us Today.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Milf Monday, Chili's six Picks are giving that milk a run for her money. That Milf is a really good feature today. But Chili six Picks, it's such a good feature. Straight Fire. I've looked at it three times on it Straight the Fire. Do you think so? It's only he can do. I don't think so. But it's but it's on brand. It's certainly on brand.
Speaker 3: Over to the phones here, good morning, Hello, Hello, who's this Scott?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 3: I did a little concert announcement here. I announced that A won Nation and it is gonna be coming back to town on April first. They're playing the House of Blues. Tickets go on sale this Friday. I thought it'd be cool to give away tickets before they went on sale.
Speaker 1: Would you like him?
Speaker 11: Oh, that'd be great, you got it. I just did Greed Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, So everyone's telling me that I missed out on the Show of the Year. Was that the show of the Year?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: I went to the Mark Tremonti Guitar Clanic. It was great.
Speaker 1: So I know Tremonti because he's friends with Lee Lebroda. Mark Tremonti is in phenomenal shape. He's a workout guy.
Speaker 11: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Scott's stapp. Go look at our story, our Instagram story. I didn't know Scott's stap was that jacked?
Speaker 1: Holy god? It dud in the best shape of his life right now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he sounded great. It was a lazy. He couldn't even hear him. After the second half of the show, it was the whole crowd was just.
Speaker 1: Singing, Yeah, this place Houston is crazy for Creed. Well, listen, Scott, I'm gonna get you those A Wall Nation tickets. You got the very first pair, and we're gonna give away tickets all week. But you're in. You don't have to worry about buying tickets on Friday.
Speaker 11: Okay, awesome, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank Scott, Thank you man. Good to have you on the show. Today.
Speaker 3: The last tickets we give away will be passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: We'll give away those that know the show before we get out of here. But right now online it's Alex Online ninety four five, the much Right. What you're doing today? Well, Rod, you sent me Today's a well, so we'll be doing that. What I forgot I must have sent you something last week. Today's a well is Apple rankings?
Speaker 4: Apple?
Speaker 6: Yeahst you, but I I always am worried about how good an apple is.
Speaker 1: When I when you got to the story, there's so many kinds there. You want the Washington Delicious, maybe the Granny Smith.
Speaker 4: No, I like Envy Apples.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. Honey Crispin. My personal favorite is the Autumn Glory apples.
Speaker 6: Now on Apple Rankings, the website that is Today's a Well, you can go and type in any kind of apple and people have ranked them. Now, if you want to know, at the top ranked apple right now is the ninety seven score are not even closed.
Speaker 1: To really sexually?
Speaker 6: Second second, oh Honey Crispas number two, Sweet Tango Apples, the Holy Grail as they call it. Score on the Apple Rankings, we got Honeycrisp apples, second Cansy Apples, snap Dragon, and then Envy my personal favorite in the Autumn Glory. Now, what I do like about this is people leave their reviews and then people get mad at other people's.
Speaker 1: Reviews that there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what was funny about it. When I sent it to you, I could not believe the seriousness of people and the ranking of the apples.
Speaker 1: You would think that it's their life. Okay, Apples are life to these people, pretty much.
Speaker 6: Is So I went to look at the Autumn Glory Apple reviews and somebody was talking about how they were just raving about how how much they love it and then somebody said, what the hell is wrong with your taste, buds?
Speaker 1: What the hell did you do on the weekend? It is a stupid, pointless review. It's like neighborhood dot com for apples, Yeah, you have no taste.
Speaker 6: Finally validation, someone says, yeah, pretty great, I'm and then just go look at each one. Usually there's a positive one followed by five or six very negative ones, and then another positive one.
Speaker 1: With more people.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the people that also think it's positive will come to the person's to defense. If just chaos, but if you also want to find out some good apples.
Speaker 1: Go check it out Apple.
Speaker 6: Apple rankings at the World Famished not Mind show page at the buzz dot COMUS eighty.
Speaker 1: Four five the Buzz Incubus And pardon me, if you guys only knew how much arguing we have going on here. What drop are you gonna play? What are you gonna do? Do this one? Do this one? No, put this one in. You know, there's a couple of songs that I think anybody that's been listening to the show for a number of years you know that we put the little drop in there. If there's like a break in the song.
Speaker 3: There's a few songs that it works on the Greatest of all Time, which he stopped giving it to us because I don't think you know, Wizard hates that bit, right. He doesn't like monkeying around with the songs at all his work. The biggest thing that he hates is the whale Girl, right. He does not want that played during the Chabelle song. He just flat out doesn't want it, okay, Right, So the little ditties that we do in between the songs. There's a couple of songs that it works. The best all time was Metallica's Sad but True because it breaks down like three you can do three drops in that song, and it was the best. But so we just sit here and we argue the whole time that that Incubis song is playing. We're all fighting over what drop.
Speaker 1: And Tess's like, no, not get inside right now. It's too early.
Speaker 5: It's way too early in the sixteen come on, get its tide right out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: That is one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I just about thanksgivings. I get us right out. Jeez. That's guys, all right, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Uh, yeah, twenty five aniversary party tickets coming. Unno, the show can't say that enough on the air, that people are wanting those tickets.
Speaker 1: And that's good. That's good, that's good, that's good. We already kind of just flat out told you we're going to send Chili out again on Wednesday. He likes it so much.
Speaker 3: My job here is to keep Chili happy, and what makes him happy is giving you guys tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. So we're going to do something on Wednesday with Chile again. I did say that I would put tickets with all the beer kind of moving forward, I think, unless I have something else, unless Promotions has something else lined up for me, I was just going to tack on anniversary party tickets with all the cases of beer from now until the show. So that's extra chances to win. I know the guys on the station the rest of the shows, they've got tickets.
Speaker 1: So it's just not us.
Speaker 3: You listen all day we talk about like Jeremy takes over and he's got you know, win, you know, pick your tickets in the.
Speaker 1: One o'clock hour. He's always got Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets that's.
Speaker 3: What everybody's picking. That's what every one of you are picking. So there's chances to win.
Speaker 1: Keep listening.
Speaker 3: And then I had mentioned I was talking about car Buck earlier. We're close to lining up a couple of bar parties. So hell yeah, we're close on that.
Speaker 1: A partying rod. Yeah, right, the party, and I like the party, party problem. I still like the party a little bit. I like to party. Damn. I liked to party. Just you think you like you get it out of your system. It's not system at all. It is very fun and that party is going to be huge.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the anniversary show October twelfth, Carbuck Brewery.
Speaker 1: All right, winning your way in, good luck everybody.
Speaker 11: Good luck.
Speaker 1: One airline has made a deal with I think it's Starlink, who I saw this.
Speaker 3: So Starlink is that elon Musk Internet that kind of floats around right from space and it looks like a belt. It looks like a space belt satellite. Yeah, those satellites that all kind of traveled together. All right, And if it's really really dark and you see the thing, everybody freaks out when they see it. If you don't know about it, well, I saw it. I was in Marfa, Texas, where they run around they run around with Yeah, but.
Speaker 8: I know what it was.
Speaker 1: There's no the aliens. Okay, Marfa they live with their illusions and they want people to come there, and I get it. That's great.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any astronauts or I didn't see any aliens when I was in Marfa, but I did. It's so dark out there. I saw the Starlink cruise and by, which was really kind of cool. United Airlines have announced that they're adding Starlink Wi Fi service to their planes over the next couple of years, and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be free and you can stream things. Yeah, so that's a real big thing. Yeah. United CEO said that everything that you can do on the ground, you'll be able to do on board a United plane at thirty five thousand feet so just about.
Speaker 3: Anywhere in the world. They're the ones that cut the deal. So yeah, you don't have to pre download.
Speaker 1: Like what I do now.
Speaker 3: Is when like I don't mind, I can raw dog a flight. It's not a big deal for me. I at least like some tunes every now and then. But sometimes I'll just sit there and do nothing. I'll just read I guess that's not raw dog and if you read yeah, yeah, but I don't have to like watch a movie on a plane now traveling with the kid. Okay, so we got to go in the day or two days before and go to Disney, and then we got to start putting things on the tablet, you know what I mean. That's the one time that she's allowed to watch that stuff on the plane. I don't mind that at all.
Speaker 1: You won't have to do that.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to just like open up your stuff and just stream anything you want and you're just like the whole time you're on your phone, just like you are on the ground. And United is leading us to believe that they're not gonna ding us anything for this.
Speaker 1: Not initially. They definitely will eventually.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think it's worth paying the like Wi Fi fee if you're paying the starlink fee or whatever, because like, if you have NFL ticket on your phone and you're flying on a Sunday, now you can watch football, you can watch whatever you want. And it's like, that's why I would pay, not so I can pay to watch Netflix on whatever I've already downloaded.
Speaker 1: In Sundays when I'm flying home. If I am so perfect, that's perfect for that. Where are you flying? I'm not. I don't fly anymore. I know I have a child, but I'm just saying saying.
Speaker 6: I hate when when they want you to pay the Wi fi, but then like the WiFi doesn't allow you to stream anything, it's a waste of paying for that where I could just watch what I already downloaded on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I don't need Wi Fi. I'm not working like you figured that out the one time you flew, like for your honeymoon. No, just every time I've flown and you've had to pay for Wi Fi. It's not worth it.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you've ever flown besides your honeymoon alone? Many times? Did you know that? Many times? I didn't. This guy doesn't go anywhere. Don't you have a family that lived in Maryland?
Speaker 4: That's where he's gone, Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I have run into your parents at the Baltimore airport.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hey, guys, what's up?
Speaker 1: Where are you sitting right in front of you? Didn't they did? They did? That was when London was really young too. I was ready to pass her over right here here? You do this al right? Well, there's that's that's good for United.
Speaker 2: Then I just.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna ding this at all for that airline. Gonna be a billion dollars. Okay, somehow, there's no way they're not making money out. But that'll be like the draw to get you to use them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somehow we're paying.
Speaker 11: The Ryan Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Papa Roach Kill the Noise, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On this milk Monday, Ashley with an Eye says, Chili six picks are fire. Oh, she said, there, I'm fire right now. I ran into Ashley with an Eye over the weekend. Oh yeah, I saw her in the wild.
Speaker 5: In the wild, I saw she was at the Texans game yesterday. So did you you didn't go to the Texans game?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's just John.
Speaker 3: I just happened to see her off Saturday night of the Uh, where's my sports guy? Where's my sports game?
Speaker 5: It's usually right here to my left. Did you take a little leave of absence?
Speaker 1: The roof being open didn't have anything to do with the repairs that needed to be done with it, because it was it was a little warm yesterday. But that's awesome. I was so excited to see that the roof was open for the Texans game.
Speaker 3: Alex, do you have any intel on that the roof was open or did it just hit the criteria there there's a fifty to eighty degree thing.
Speaker 1: And it was warmer than eighty yesterday. I think I was tribes. Maybe they use vibes. Well, I want to beautiful, But my question was didn't have something to do with the repair that needed to be done that the roof is. Yeah, just those two panels. I know they were working on it. I don't know. I saw it was o it. I don't know the reasoning that they opened it, but that was pretty cool. Yeah, I think it's cool. I think it's awesome they do fireworks afterwards or something like that. I felt they would have done fireworks on a Sunday night game. Okay, there's a guy he did do him. There's a guy in our midst that has a Texan tattoo. Well, he wasn't there, I know, but he was getting six picks done. But I mean, you would know that stuff if you had a tattoo. I mean, I'm wearing a T shirt. I don't know anything. Hey, yes, Rod, the roof is open going on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they did open it because of the roof panel, because it's being worked on.
Speaker 1: So that's why they had it open. And then, like Alex said.
Speaker 10: They were having fireworks and pre game fireworks and all that stuff to get everybody hyped up for the games or everything anything else about Texans you would like to be No, I'm right here, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you Okay? Here's here's we could have made a game of this. What time does this could be the new game? Okay? What time did Chili fall asleep?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: Say that for tomorrow?
Speaker 1: They don't. I'm not going to tell you. Then I think I Okay, do you think Chili made it past halftime? Tessa? Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: I think for I think for this team, this game, this year, so early in the season. Absolutely, I think he stayed away for this.
Speaker 3: Okay, twin brother, did he make it past halftime? He needs a little fella needs his sleep and the game started at seven.
Speaker 6: Well, he was exhausted. He had six picks. Yeah, you'ing a photographer all weekend. I would like to think that he made it to halftime. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna stay out and supporting the boys. And then I think he fell asleep, like maybe at halftime or right at the beginning of the second half.
Speaker 1: M I I'll say this, he never made He never saw any of the action in the fourth quarter. I dozed off and the carid and woke up right right at the beginning of the fourth Chili, five minutes into the third quarters. When you fall asleep yesterday, Chili, what when did you fall asleep watching the Texans game last night? I watched the whole game, Not what fan right there.
Speaker 10: I actually planned it out. My Sunday was planned out Saturday, so I got up and.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 10: I did all the work that I had to do early, got mad at Wizard for sending me six picks, Like at six pm.
Speaker 1: You think the guy's out digging a ditch or something. You know, he's putting six pictures on a blog page.
Speaker 10: But I had scheduled to make sure that I had. I did all the work ahead of time, so I didn't have to do anything and I could just get the mind right for the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but the whole thing, I'm very impressed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I watched the whole thing. I took a nap throughout the day watching the Cowboys embarrassment game, which was you.
Speaker 1: Know, Saints killed him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a Saints man. So I kind of watched the ending of that game, and then I woke up and I was ready to go.
Speaker 1: Man, I cannot believe he stayed up for the whole game. All right, I thought about going. That was a good jersey matchup, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I liked the orange and the all white jobs.
Speaker 4: All whites look clean.
Speaker 1: I don't like the whites. Oh, I like him.
Speaker 4: I liked them.
Speaker 1: On the jerseys. I think they were great pops. Oh all right, well, very good, Thank you them.
Speaker 10: I'll be here if you need me.
Speaker 1: That was a fantastic segment.
Speaker 3: Rob Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets. We're gonna give away a pair of tickets. Know the show coming up Houston Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 1: Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show Bus for five the bus welcome back. Oh, let's get right into it. Okay, I know it's a big deal. Rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary Party tickets. October twelfth.
Speaker 3: See Carbock Brewery, Shine Down, Sublime Blue October Theory of a Dead Man X's performing unplugged sets.
Speaker 1: What a night it's going to be. Actually it starts early.
Speaker 3: People are now starting because we're getting you know, what are we four weeks out doors are gonna open at three o'clock.
Speaker 1: It is an all ages deal. My kid's going so yeah, you mean it's your tickets. You do what you want with them. You want to bring your kid, you can bring your kid, all right?
Speaker 8: What you go?
Speaker 4: What is what is a restaurant serving?
Speaker 1: That's thirteen thousand dollars? Oh my god, it's absurd. Seven one three two.
Speaker 3: It's got its own blog page seven one three two win two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you know the show, yo, what's that?
Speaker 12: Smartphones, laptops, smart TV's tablets.
Speaker 1: You whatever way you listen, we're there telling you were smart device to late ninety four five The Buzz on Ieart Radio ninety four buzz Chili Pepperson's scar tissue, Rob Ryan's show, Alex and I saw it at the exact same time. Chili's got a little bonus photo that he's actually in promoting his six picks. It looks good, looks look at sex. He's not in any of his six picks. I saw him in one now. But the picture that he's using for the like as the bait to get you to go look at his six picks, it's him. It's some good bait. I have some good bait. Do you guys know how to play dominoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know how to play dominoes? Yeah, you used to play with my grandpa.
Speaker 5: You match the numbers together, yeah, and then you go buy five and you would yeah, what so you match?
Speaker 1: You have to match your numbers with that.
Speaker 4: You're counting the out score, right, so.
Speaker 1: If there's a six, you have to put six next to it, yes, okay, and then you can just stack them and then knock them over in like a line. When you get to slam one down and break the table the last domino if you.
Speaker 4: Lose, no no, no, you slam it down when you hit your final score.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's a winning situation.
Speaker 2: Chill.
Speaker 1: Did you ever just slammed out? Like see it?
Speaker 3: Like the movies, seeing the movies in the in the urban neighborhoods where they're like slamming a domino downs, like yeah, you do.
Speaker 10: It when you play like at a home in a plastic table like those folding tables, because you don't want to break a real table or hurt your hands.
Speaker 1: So did you slam down your domino?
Speaker 10: Na that that table, like the cigar shop, looked very expensive the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you Chili's six picks killed today. My favorite six picks maybe of all time, maybe of all time, maybe the go to.
Speaker 10: Six picks from now.
Speaker 1: People are saying that, Yeah, it's crazy that you complain about it. You're so good at it. You know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give it the funds here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Hello, Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? Other is Justin Man?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 1: Justin?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? How about this? Sow bro? Great? I'm doing great. Hope you off to a great start to your work week. Justin.
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets here that are really really important. So I want you to get this right, Tessa, Please, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what a restaurant Chicago is selling for thirteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Martini and as Alex sid give me Martini hold us?
Speaker 11: Can look fact you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Done?
Speaker 1: Justin is a winner? What are you giving them.
Speaker 5: Justin, we would like to give you a pair of passes to join us at the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Would you like those?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: I'm shaking right now. Oh my god. I've been trying to win these tickets forever. You got hm, dude to yours? You know the show? Oh good, thank you, thank you, thank you. Congratulations. Hi, Justin, will see you at the party. Okay, yes, sir, Yes sir, I'll be there. Awesome, bro, awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh this is nice to go out with in honor of the Texans two and oh yeah, Bill's two?
Speaker 1: And oh saints, what are the Giants doing? I want to cool. It's always darkest for the dawn.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 1: I watched the end of that game, Kicker, so what else? I watched game and I said, kick, how do you win?
Speaker 8: Game?
Speaker 1: I watched the Giants lose last play the game, and I said, where's that baby? Where is the baby?
Speaker 8: Was great?
Speaker 6: If you just held the baby, you don't freak out where baby took two naps.
Speaker 1: During that game.
Speaker 4: It is so good that like regulated your nervous system a little bit.
Speaker 10: Probably, baby.
Speaker 3: Two time, two time Hall of Famer Kevin, He's gonna try to become a three time Hall of Famer tomorrow. It's a game called the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge we play every morning. Get six twenty Gus Gus the party bus tried to stop him, but just couldn't do it. All right, if you have what it takes to stop Kevin, I need you tomorrow morning at home room.
Speaker 1: Okay, make it a game.
Speaker 3: Don't let them waltz in there. It was two questions to answers this morning. It was too easy for him.
Speaker 11: A right.
Speaker 3: The milf was the number one link today, Looking at Girls. It's a good one though. Looking at Girls was number two. Chili was number three, Top three, Top three? Oh, Panera Bread?
Speaker 1: What happened there? So there was a fight at a Panera Bread?
Speaker 3: Okay, some idiots started a brawl and one of the employees grabbed the big pizza paddle and started pounding on the person, and then the person took off.
Speaker 1: We got the video. It's on the Crazy Criminal blog page. It's good.
Speaker 5: A pizza paddle pounding, yeah, okay, pounding from a pizza paddle okay, Texas Hammer.
Speaker 3: Thank you to the great Jim Adler. Mister Adler coming on and spitting some fire lyrics for us. Today we played that game. We will play a game tomorrow. What do you want to play?
Speaker 1: I got some suggestions here.
Speaker 3: If you have a game, suggestion, something we can do tomorrow, I'm down for it, all right, More pit passes tomorrow, More pit passes to these great shows that are happening this week and this weekend.
Speaker 1: Chili, and don't forget Wizard's picks. Wizard's six picks. Okay, they're no Chili's picks. He went backstage and saw bands. Yeah, the Chili played dominoes.
Speaker 3: Chili has Instagram accountstant aren't his on his six picks.
Speaker 1: Any screenshot is the bill. He didn't pay for the pay per view. Don't forget about now. He's a good spender. Man of the people. Wizards like, what do I gotta do? I met rock stars backstage and Chili killed them by dominos.
Speaker 3: All right, So tat Tuesday tomorrow, if you guys want to play some sort of a game, we can do that. Jeremy, I talked him at them already. Man, he's got the non stop Nooner coming up. More twentieth Anniversary party passes could be years. Pick your tickets with him. In the one o'clock hour. The rod Ryan Show Golf Tournament. Sure it's sold out, but we need sponsors and all that stuff. The rod Ryan Show Cares online store. All of our boogs Rock merchandise is available online right now. Testa's on Houston Life at one o'clock today, and that's it. That's all I got, man, We're on a twenty hour break. We'll come back and do it all again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey AmAm do Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com