Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, February eleventh, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and seventy seven. I'm your host. Don't adjust your internet television dials. That's right, the red beanie's gone. I'm in my heel era. I'm wearing a black beanie. Now I will can a black beanie. That's how somber.
Speaker 2: The mood is.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel inside.
Speaker 2: It's being I feeling side. He's feeling better today.
Speaker 1: On the outside and maybe the inside. Jef Grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm feeling much better. Although I'm like, I need a haircut, but I'm too lazy to go do it. I'm starting to look I think I'm starting to look a little bit serial killer.
Speaker 1: Iss.
Speaker 2: You go to the airport, Yeah, you know. I need to go to the airport and get get an aircut. That's the only way I can get out of this.
Speaker 1: Bravo. The master of haircuts and airports and other associated stores and kiosks at the airport, Dan Record.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about haircuts anymore. I get beard cuts from a haircut lady.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. That's still cutting hair.
Speaker 2: That's gonna say why, But you know what, I saw a picture of you a while back with a very like kind of trimmed up, well, a much more trimmed up beard than you have now. And I think your beard looks really good most of the time. So clearly you're doing something right.
Speaker 3: I got that really keeps it in, you know, cleaned up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good work.
Speaker 1: Does she approach it with scissors or like some shears?
Speaker 3: She does a lot of different stuff. She takes like the little like razor stuff here and everything she does scissors to kind of the spot the stray hairs and stuff like that. Yeah, she's just good. You want to like a sport stuffs or something, they're gonna give you the buzzer and no, no, I go to a lady that doesn't doesn't good.
Speaker 1: Speaking about buzzers. He's the buzzer. Peter the bog Slammer, the bad boy of games media, Mike min Hey, Jackop in a.
Speaker 3: Rape Forest cat even waiting for that one. All let the record show that Jack Pop in a rape forest.
Speaker 2: I stop saying.
Speaker 4: What can I say? He fucking got me. Damn, I'm just gonna have to keep trying to live my life. But I also wanted to talk about Dancy Jack pop in a rap for.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I thought I witnessed the assassination of someone on TV on Sunday, but know it happened today on Tuesday as well.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be playing out of the Super Bowl halftime next year?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Did I had a question about your beard? Yes, Mike? What's that? Does it like?
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, I know, you know they work on it, but does it naturally kind of get that straight on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Because when my beer gets too long, it just curls to this one side like crazy, and it's awful and it looks terrible, and I get straighten out myself at all.
Speaker 3: You gotta get one of those uh bores, thistle brushes and stuff like that. You gotta use oils. You gotta really just go to town on it. Quite a bit, variety of things in the shower. Yeah, But when I don't have hair on top of my head, it's like, well, I don't have any hair work to do, so I can I can do some beard stuff.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should feel the same way, but I'm still pretty lazy about it. If you could just trim it and then I don't worry about it as much.
Speaker 1: What if you just grow it out and you braid it?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm sorry not to that, but no, man, we knew you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that. I'm not a fuddy duddy, but I don't want to braid my beard.
Speaker 3: I I uh like if I go but with what? Sorry, I'm like, I noticed how you were about to push the butt.
Speaker 4: Then you realized that I was like telegraphing it too much and you didn't want to push the funny.
Speaker 3: You read me correctly, Yes, exactly what happened there? Yes, Yeah, I'm at the point now where it's like I haven't shaved my head in like a better part of week, so it starts kind of growing in, and every time it's like, well I've already got a week in on this right now, and and Bianca is fully in favor of me growing hey, hachi hair, So it's like, how long would it take? I'm just trying to do the math here on heachi? Yeah I could do it, and like my wife is like, fuck, yeah, you should do it. Yeah, so could you.
Speaker 1: Wear like a hat until it goes full high? Hachi?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you see me suddenly start wearing hats on podcasts. You know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, it's the awkward pre he hachi hair exactly.
Speaker 4: I'll get season one Frasier and we'll both have Dan.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 1: You could be a bearded Larry David for Halloween this year.
Speaker 2: Bearded David.
Speaker 3: That's just one. I can't picture him with that.
Speaker 4: That won't read as Larry David. I'm sorry you will.
Speaker 3: He did that one movie on HBO, like in twenty fifteen or twenty sixteen, where was he like a tech executive and he had a beard and like long white hair going No, that was a scientology documentary. There were some does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: I remember the crypto commercial he did where he dressed up as a bunch of different people and he appear in that one.
Speaker 4: That's right, that was the super Bowl. You're of all the crypto commercials. Larry David's being skeptical about even crypto even though it's obviously good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clear history, clear history is name, I think. Yeah, this year the super Bowl was all AI stuff. You got your breakdance in deep Fake Martha Stewart, so you got the man super Bowl commercials. I don't know if they were ever good. These people used to be excited about him, but they all suck ass now it's all we threw celebrities into a thing.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm always so skeptical to be like super Bowl commercials are bad now because one they're commercials, and like, yeah, of course I liked those more when I was younger, but still it feels like there are some years that are slightly better than others.
Speaker 3: Yea, these were bad.
Speaker 1: Nikki and I, along with alyssamer Conte, were watching the Super Bowl at a bar and it was kind of hard to hear because there were a bunch of people and the TVs were outside. So every commercial we were playing a guessing game of like, okay, what is what are they advertising? And then the there's one commercial where they're just showing pictures of people super depressed and helping each other out.
Speaker 3: That's the Jesus stuff And it was the Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was the Seal As a seal commercial is what you're thinking of?
Speaker 1: You miss that?
Speaker 3: Oh that he gets us, he gets us the Seal?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, okay, speaking about Super Bowl commercials, how do you find the super Bowl, the Big Game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seemed like to be a bad game for anyone to watch us on koind of it being a bad football game, but also you know, when you're from Kansas City, it's probably especially just like not that I'm like, yeah, I watched one game a year and it's the super Bowl, and it's like, yeah, not super invested, but of course I'm rooting for the Jeeves in City. But I also understand why. It's like I remember in the two thousands fucking hating the Patriots, and so it's like, oh, I totally understand why everybody would against the Chiefs. So yeah, what's wrong.
Speaker 1: With Tom Brady? Right now? Every time I see Tom Brady on camera? There's something off.
Speaker 2: About too much plastic surgery?
Speaker 3: No way, I mean not getting order getting plastic surgery?
Speaker 2: Yeap, do you even hear yourself?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: He should be able to afford the good stuff, right, yeah, But I.
Speaker 3: Mean it can so good, it can only be so How old is he?
Speaker 2: I don't know, He's like he's like forty five.
Speaker 3: It's not even that old.
Speaker 4: Probably would have been fine to care because he doesn't have football anymore.
Speaker 3: That seems like all he has and has ever had is football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: He's forty forty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, he doesn't want to spend time with his actual family.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like unlike his old coach, he doesn't have some uh bizarrely underage girl underage but much low.
Speaker 3: A young girl friend saw that. That was a shocking. I was like, oh, Bill Belichick brought his granddaughter and oh.
Speaker 5: No, okay, there it's a real insane YoY.
Speaker 4: It's like what you know, It's like, look, it's batt Leonardo Dicapri doesn't for sure, it is somehow just grisser when Bill Belichick does it just.
Speaker 3: This grumpy old man who's never had a person who was like di Caprio. It's like the Capri it's so weird, but like Belichick does feel weirder.
Speaker 2: Well, because you can imagine DiCaprio has some sort of riz. Not that I'm like apologizing for it, but it's like, okay, he shows them a good time and it's nice to them, makes them laugh. Bill Belichick has never made anyone laugh in his entire life. That's actually what.
Speaker 1: Makes it really gross.
Speaker 3: He is seventy two, she is twenty four.
Speaker 2: That's not that makes my tell when you when I start when when I hear the ages, and my first thought is is the one number divisible by the other? You know that.
Speaker 4: It's rough to be in your thirties and be like twenty four is too young. Then there's a guy in his fucking seventies. He's like, let's go, let's party.
Speaker 2: H Anyway, I cackled when Kyle did his thing. His name's Kendro. It's really rude to call somebody by the wrong name. Actually comment as well, thanks, no, no, that's that was Many people try to be upset on my.
Speaker 4: Behalf for the Mids thing and always tell him stop that. Well, that was a very good halftime show. I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was very confused when I saw what looked like PlayStation buttons at first, because like, wait, is he going to bring out astrobot?
Speaker 5: He should have sud die.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I'm so happy, right.
Speaker 1: Really good, so much at PlayStation please please astrobot crib walking.
Speaker 2: I need this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really funny watching it live. And then like you know, I know the broad beats of the feud and things like that. I mean, I've heard not like as million times, but I haven't heard the other songs and stuff like that. So just all the little things. And I didn't realize Serena Williams was Drake's X. That's fucking hilarious. Just oh, that's why she was the term. He's also from his neighborhood too, so yeah. Also she got a bunch of criticism for doing that in like twenty twelve against like Maria Sharapova. Like so it's like that's it's like several callbacks on top of callbacks. But just I know it's been talked about and tweeted a billion times with that look to the camera when he says Drake's name, because everyone just wondering like is he going, like are certain lines going to be in there? And not only were they, he knew people were waiting for it, and yeah, god, it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Manard, what a run, What a run? He won five Grammys and uh, that whole theater full of peers saying the a minor line and then to have a whole stadium a week later at the Super Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Drake is gonna be at the Four Nations Hockey Tournament and he's gonna he's gonna have his response, and the whole world will be watching because it's hockey man.
Speaker 1: Great, really fantastic. I think one of my favorite things to come out from the super Bowl is and I harbor no ill will towards Travis Kelcey. Other than thinking he might be dumb as a doorknob, sometimes I think he'd admit it. He might have a podcast about it. Is just seeing him look so sad and upset after the game in his sequence shirt, and I think that was like the only shirt he brought because he was so confident he was going to win.
Speaker 2: That's that's what was the spinning image of me going home from the club any night I ever went to the club, So I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, I just want to imagine that. I just want to imagine grub at the club. It just rhymes off the tongue the club.
Speaker 3: Ye oh oh.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Jeff Grubb, he gave me one of my new favorite moments ever this weekend. I don't know if you saw this, Jeff trying to play grim Fandango over the weekend, just playing it and he's like she's streaming it, and at one point his chat is just like, oh, don't forget the safe Jeff. He's like, oh, yes, a good thing to do. So he just he opens the menu and be it for the new game option. Immediately clicks it. New games was playing. He's like, what's going on? Just lost a bunch of progress and had to catch up.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, it was there. It was like sandwich between like save game and then like.
Speaker 3: Load game, and I remember it was save, load new game.
Speaker 2: Those were the that was the order, so save was the talking choice. Okay, yeah, okay, right exactly. Okay, so I was actually remembering the thing from the Kingdom Come Deliverance. I'm looking at it. It also has new game right at the top. My I think my thought process was I'm not gonna look at it, but clearly the first option can't be new game or saved game. You should be like down a little bit, like that's gonna be like a return or start game back up. That's always the first option in my head. So I'm like, okay, it'll be right here under a load game. It'll be the next thing up under that. So I just clicked it. Obviously, I just didn't read Obviously, I just went and clicked the first confirm.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, I mean to start that new game, right, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: Don't believe they would ask, and I'd be like, I'll leave me alone, stop asking.
Speaker 2: Of course I know what I want.
Speaker 1: Of course I want to start a new game.
Speaker 2: Yep. Honestly, like I'm like, new game is not even going to be an option on the pause screen. That's a crazy thing too. That would be like, you know, you go, you go back to the main menu if you want to start a new game. So like I wasn't even concerned about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe a retry level, maybe a research from checkpoint. Yeah, research from checkpoint is like a last ten years thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this doesn't even have checkpoints. So yeah, it's all true, but it's still incredible.
Speaker 4: Just watch you just again, like faster than anybody's ever clicked a menu option.
Speaker 3: Just just start right for that new game.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly, it was just me. It's this is not even really a problem with the game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My favorite crubism since the time I played Infinite with you and we had the flag like two feet away from the base where we needed to capture.
Speaker 1: It at our base.
Speaker 4: Respond you respond at the flag of Starter, running it back for the enemy based.
Speaker 3: Guy that got it.
Speaker 2: We're what are you doing? No one stopping. Everyone tells a story about how I had that clutch game where we beat Window Who Windows Central? Who are we playing? I can't remember? And uh, but it's always the Hey he picked up the flag and ran the wrong way. The only story that's I don't remember what the other thing? Yeah, well of course not. Yeah, I barely do.
Speaker 1: Incredible, lovely, lovely. Any other thoughts over the weekend? How is everyone doing? They're feeling okay, ish, you.
Speaker 2: Got a little bit sick of feeling better now.
Speaker 3: I'm just SICKI poo been doing the thing where it's you know, first week post my blike club assignment and just like Blue Skies Ahead Grub has all the gimmicks, he's got the game. His wife looked at the game and laughed, which is always very good, very very excited for tomorrow on this website. It's going to be good. You're not gonna want to miss it.
Speaker 2: Just for.
Speaker 4: We're doing at two pm Eastern eleven am Pacific, since a state of play is happening in Pacific, so we're moving it up a little bit so we don't kind of overcrowd the schedule there and run up against that. But yeah, please be excited.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic. What about we talk about some video games.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's about.
Speaker 2: That, sound me.
Speaker 1: I can't actually talk about the details of this game, whether or not I like it, but I can say that I played it because I was in Los Angeles yesterday with Timorrow, Lucy and Nikki playing Split Fiction, and uh, maybe did you like it? Maybe I'll talk about that later. This motherfucker tried to get me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Question, yes, should they have called it spliction?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, now it's so fun spliction. Did you get to talk to Joseph Ferris? I? Uh, I'm not gonna lie. I didn't want to do work. Hell yeah, you you looked like you were just having a good time. I'm like, that's a video game event right there.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll talk about that aspect later. Nicky and I did draw a crowd, uh, with our with with our our gaming. Yeah, Tam and Lucy talked to Joseph Ferris. I believe they'll have something on game Spot later this week. I will say that if you're gonna have a slider right, this is not a commentary, it's not commentary and split fiction or spliction as the cool kids are calling it, or or on ea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, if you put a tomato on a slider, you need that bad boy to be a thin tomato or just overall a small tomato.
Speaker 2: You can't have a comically large tomato, like if that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 4: By slider in this instance, you know, like a book yep, sandwich yep?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why did that take me so londer? I was like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: A slider like something an intensity slider boards thinking about Yeah, like the Gama slider. William, what do you mean a tomato? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Speaking about tomatoes? Tomatoes are an old fruit, right, they grew these for a very long time, and uh they're in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Okay, well maybe they just didn't have tomatoes, Dan Jesus never had tomatoes whatever, But Jeff Grubb did they have tomatoes and Kingdom Come Deliverance too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. Actually, it would have been just before they would have started getting tomatoes. Wow. I guess maybe that would have been the earliest part of them getting to trade it. Either way, that doesn't matter. You were just setting me up to talk about the video game. I okay, so I started. This is where I'm is where how I frame this? I am playing a bunch of other stuff that frankly I would rather be playing, but we can't talk about it yet. I got a podcast, so I'm like, let me talk about Kingdom Come Deliverance too. I said I would, I said I wanted to. I got a little bit of time. Really, What's what made it easiest was I was going to play it. I was gonna stream it to my steam Deck. I just assumed wouldn't be good on the steam Deck. But when I went to go do that, it gave me like, hey, here's the warning about how this game doesn't work. It's like all the settings, the graphic settings work great on the steam Deck. It's just some of the text as small. I'm like, oh really, so I loaded up on the steam Deck, runs perfectly fine, really good way to play it. So I've been playing. I've been playing it there and I think my first impression is this is this is the big deal. Huh uh? Really what that is is like it's just kind of such a corn fest. It's really corny. It's cheesy. Constantly, the characters the way they interact with one another, pretty cheesy. The way that they tell their story, like it is, you know, the guys in a bad situation to start, and the camera zooms in on him and he talks about how when he started this adventure, he just thought he was going to have some sex and it would be kind of it would be maybe a few other things would happen, and that would be the whole adventure. How did I end up here? And then it cuts to a flashback from that point to how he got in that situation, Like that's the level.
Speaker 3: It's the person groove set up.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what they refer to it as in storytelling in the literary mediums. Yes, so, and then it just kind of doesn't stop doing that sort of thing. It's very gimmick heavy early on, and it's all storytelling gimmicks, so tons of flashbacks. You are going to get a segment there early on where it's like, okay, we're going to let you choose your character. The way they do that is it is a conversation and people ask you a question about yourself and you answer it, and it's like, based on those answers, you're going to be a certain kind of character, and really, I think it seems like it's going to be pretty open after that. You could still like you don't have to just be someone who's go with the sword or someone who's good with a mace. You can try to do other stuff later. They're just kind of setting you up early on, but it was like, Okay, here's another gimmick. And then after that it was a kind of a long cut scene setting up like your band and like the trouble they're going to get in how things break down from there, And I'm just I still feel like I'm not playing the game, even though I am probably like three or four hours in now, and so it's like, oh, okay, I think I like that they are using a lot of these gimmicks, and they are doing a lot of these cheesy, corny things in this setting, like historical medieval fiction. That's something you don't see a lot of. I think also the cut scenes, for as corny as they can be with the blocking and how the characters move around and interact with one another, they are high quality, and so it's part of it's like almost like, hey, this is what a Final Fantasy game would feel like if it took place in this medieval setting, and so I like some of that because it feels very fresh, because we don't get a lot of these kinds of games in this setting. It's just not I don't know, it feels like the indie game that it is in a lot of ways, where the way that you would expect a game to function the way that it doesn't. And that doesn't mean it's necessarily doing things in a bad way. It's just like, you know, you go up to a character and you expect to have the context sensitive button tell you what you're gonna do with the character, like over their head somewhere easy to see. They bury that down in the corner, and so it's like if you're not looking there, you might miss an option. And you gotta just get used to that because that's the way this game works. And again, I don't think that's necessarily some like really terrible way that this is just their own user experience that they've built for this game. But it's just like, oh, that's become so standard in other games they would just hover that over a character's head so you never miss it, and I'm just so used to that that I'm like at a certain point, like this just feels awkward, and there's a lot of examples like that, I think, But overall, I'm beginning to like get into it. I'm just not falling in love with it. It's definitely not a love at first sight kind of game like I'm having with some others stuff.
Speaker 3: What's the game exactly?
Speaker 4: Is it just a Skyrim like is a sort of more narrative driven than that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's very narrative driven for sure, in terms of setting up a lot of stuff that your character's supposed to do. But then like there is definitely like an openness to to how you approach everything, and you can kind of you can do your own thing of course, and go explore and go hunting if you want. But I'm still like, like, in the process of getting to the open area. Yeah, it really drags at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Why was I under the assumption or I might have just been getting Kingdom Come Deliverance mixed up with a different game, But there's a medieval game game in a medieval setting where it's like multiplayer and you're swinging the.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 1: How is what I was thinking of?
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 1: Another one of those Okay, so it's nothing like either of those games.
Speaker 2: I mean, it looks like those games because it takes place in the same setting, but no, yeah, those are like just open combat games where anything can happen and players are doing stupid stuff. This is honestly much more like Red Dead Redemption.
Speaker 3: Too Times, which isn't a turn off to me anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like, I think that there's points on the spectrum of trying to be like red DEDRONEMH two that can clearly work, and in the Redemption to two clearly works for a lot of people. So I'm playing this and keeping an open mind, and it's like, you know, I think they want me to play a certain way for the most part, and they definitely want me to like go and experience their their their big storytelling beats beats. That's the priority early on. I don't know if that changes later, but I think that this is mostly a game for people who are like, Hey, I really want a game to like just tell me a story, give me a character that I can play as, not that I can like define on my own terms. Just give me something to like to put me in the shoes of an actor in a story, and I'll be happy. And it's doing that, and I think it's doing a pretty decent job at that. Again, it's just not getting over the top for me personally.
Speaker 3: Also, real quick Grub, you alluded to other stuff that we can't talk about yet, but we I did just check the embargo. Hell yeah, as long as we say in a text caption or vocal so that review access was provided to us by Xbox, we can mention that we will be talking about Avowed and when we were talking about it, so that'll be later this week. We will be able to talk about AVOUD. The reason I don't have games on my thing this week is because I played twenty five hours.
Speaker 2: Of Avowed over this weekend.
Speaker 3: So we will talk plenty about Avoud.
Speaker 2: Very sokay, yep, yep. I think we're going to make that BCR right, I go throw that in there.
Speaker 3: But that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Lovely, lovely. You know, Jeff Grubb, you are playing PC games and there's something you definitely need to play PC games, and that is a graphics card and you have here RTX fifty eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I figured I kind of like give my thoughts on this right now. It's complicated. The RTX fifty eighty is a very performant card. It does run games very well. I went from a forty ninety to a fifty eighty, so I don't actually see too much of a like the raw gains because it's they're pretty close, and really the fifty eighty falls up falls short in a lot of cases. So the reality is it's like, okay, we how do I talk about this card? Because there is the tendency in PC hardware realms to be like, okay, it's always a comparison game. How does this compare to the forty eighty? How does this compare to other similar cards of a similar price structure, And that works up to a point until you like, okay, how does that help people? Because if I say, well, just go get a forty eighty or a forty ninety, you can't those. They don't sell those cards anymore. They stopped making those because they knew they were going to be selling you the fifty eighty, and so you have to either go get them used, which I just I don't recommend for graphics cards these days because you never know what they've been used for. A lot of times they have been used for mining or they've been used very heavily and you're not going to get the long term support because you're buying an older card. So like, if this is the card you can get, does it do the job? It definitely does, And I think that you should be like willing to engage with like the DLSS four aspect of it. I think a lot of people just say, hey, what is the rendering performance before you turn on all those tricks? But who is going to play a game and buy a thousand dollars card and not turn on all the tricks. Everyone's going to do that. So the thing there is, if you already have a forty series card that you're happy with for the most part, you just got the DLSS for update, and that does if you're running a game that uses DLSS. This is the new version of DLSS, and all that's important there is they've changed the technology behind it so that it can basically do. It looks a lot better with ray tracing. It looks a lot better overall, really, and in some cases it's a little bit less performance, but overall it's like, hey, your graphics card got a major update and it's running very well. I would personally not rush out and get a fifty series card. They do seem like a stop gap. They're using the same architecture overall as the last generation, and the performances really do come from those tricks, and those tricks mostly work on older cards. The one thing that doesn't is multi frame generation. And this is controversial. It's some people. I personally have used it a couple of times and I'm like, this is working for me. It looks it makes the games look very smooth. I like it, but a lot of people can't stand it because it's fake frames and they can feel the delay and there's a slight delay. Now, the thing with multi frame generation is the delay is not any worse than it was when they were just generating one frame, but there was a little bit of delay for that one frame. So multi frame generation is just not a thing I think most people are going to go out and buy a card for and I think that's fair, especially when not every game is just going to work with it. Now you can do some stuff in your games with special software to get it to work in a lot more games, but again, who's going to do that? Really? That's an enthusiast sort of thing. So overall my thoughts are, Hey, if you need a graphics card, I would probably and you're in the range of spending like a thousand dollars, which is where the fifty eighty is at, the fifty eighty is probably still the choice because your only other option is the AMD like seventy nine hundred XTX I think it is. And this card, this card's better than that. This is a better card than that, unless you get a really good deal on that. I would probably just go with the fifty eighty now if if you were if you can wait, I probably would because I would imagine a fifty seventy Super or Ti down the line will be a lot more affordable and probably pretty close to the performance. They also could have a fifty eighty TI or a fifty eighty Super and that would be pretty good as well. I think I think that the next like half step that they do for this generation is probably where most people should jump on. Again that said, if you need a card, now, I think this is it's totally acceptable, it's beyond it's more than acceptable. It's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a computer that I bought that's on backward right now. But you know is a gonna be a fifty eighty and I felt good getting that, and then you know, when the review start coming out, it's been a lot of I don't know, it's been a lot of negativity, and like part of me is like, h this is a lot of money to spend. A kind of feel a little scared about the graphics card it got, but you know, I have thirty seventy TI I do want to.
Speaker 3: Upgrade, and it's kind of like, well, what else am I going to upgrade too?
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna you know, I'm not gonna get a forty series card right now, right, No, don't want to get kised one. So yeah, like I think, I think I'm going to be completely fine. And you know, I think a lot of stuff people mention, it's not stuff I will ever notice on the screen, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: And you will notice a severe performance bump from where you're at right now. It will be much better. So yeah, and I think that's the case for most people. So overall, it's pretty good. I think DLSS four kind of being a different thing, you know, separate from the card. I think that is actually a pretty good improvement. DLSS has been really good for a really long time, but there were some things like the ray tracing reconstruction they were doing where that could add some fuzz, especially to any objects in like the middle distance. This really does make it look better than ever has. They're using a completely different model than they used before, and I think it's even at a point where it is you know, I guess it's not brute forcing. This is a different thing, but it's brute forcing performance in games that I thought would probably never be able to get there, like Jedi Survivor. I was playing that as a test because that got an update to DLSS four, and I was like, hey, this is a game that hitches a lot. I want to see if this helps with that hitching. And it does for the most part. There are still times, especially when it's loading between cut scenes and it's about to load in the new level, the hitching still really hits. But there was a lot of just momentary frame hitches in the gameplay that was really distracting on PC and I really disliked it. And you still notice it sometimes, but it's greatly diminished with DLSS four. It's not a solve, but since I have it, I'm happy that it's there. It is not a reason to go out and buy a new card.
Speaker 1: Though, got it, got it well, from talking about the fifty series of graphics cards to a long running series of games. Mike Manata, you've been playing Tales of Grace, Grace's f remastered. Is this part of the greater Tales of franchise?
Speaker 4: This is, in fact in the Tales of franchise with Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, and Tales of Kenzau.
Speaker 1: Miles tales per hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe jk uh, Yeah, you know I like the Tales of games. I'm not some super fan. I've played a few of them. The ones I've beaten were Tales Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia. Both those have gotten remasters on modern consoles. Of Symfonia ones a bit poopy because it's based off an inferior PS two version of the game, said the gyankey version, so doesn't round sixty fears per second. That Tales of Vesperia remaster, though, is fantastic. That was the game that first came out on Xbox three sixty. I think that's still the best Tales game that you could play. Unless you want something super modern, then you want to play Tales of a Rise, which is the newest one. Tales of Grace's was originally a wee game that didn't get localized here until they made Tales of Grace's F for the PlayStation three. What do you all think the F stands for? Because I don't know perfect. I think it's got to be for final fun. Was a good guest though, Okay I didn't hear that. I'm glad that you reiterated. Yeah, I was fuck step farther far.
Speaker 2: That's what you know.
Speaker 4: So you know, I do like when a title has a game has been remastered twice and it has two things in the title now, like noting that Tales of Grace's F Remastered Definitive Edition Game of the Year version remastered remastered.
Speaker 2: Says, which I think.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I don't like that at all. It made me think of other words.
Speaker 3: And we're definitive edition.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Oh god that ship.
Speaker 3: So you know, I was happy that a new remastered of a Tales game came out. I was kind of curious because no one ever brings up Tales of Graces is like their favorite.
Speaker 1: Who was unaware of this and the Tales franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly saying.
Speaker 1: I've seen sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think part of it is because again, it was originally a wee game that got We only got here kind of well after the fact when that PS three version did drop. But I do hear people say nice things about the game. It is very pretty. It's got this kind of pastoral look to it that's pleasant. I think it's lighthearted even for tales standards. And the one thing I see everyone says is that this is the most you know if if you really are into the power of friendship kind of j RPG, this is one of those for you. It's sometimes those do hit, but those kind of jerrpits can also be pretty trophy. And guess what happens in like the first five minutes of this game?
Speaker 1: Do you lose memory? Well?
Speaker 3: No, but you find a character who has amnesia? Hell? Yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Uh? What if what? I'm sorry to derail this mic, but like what if we're it's a summer game fest or game awards or an event we're all together and Dan has amnesia?
Speaker 4: Wow, I would convince him that he loves j RPG's. Like, the first thing you have to understand about yourself is that you only really care about one kind of video game, and it's it's this.
Speaker 2: I'll show him. Well, I feel like I feel like novels as well.
Speaker 3: I think there might be like a twenty year paper trail of me saying everything but that if I wanted.
Speaker 2: To do research though, So we'll keep you in a vacuum sealed bag.
Speaker 4: I'll vocals. I'll tell you Chris, right, remember that bit with your clones. That's that was Chris, the whole that now historical fact. Yes, that's right, thank you, all right, right, take the business, brother. Yeah, but I always like the TAILS games because to me, it's the it's the closest you get to having a bunch of action RPG elements to But still, when you ask me what the genre is, I'll say JRPG first. It still has a lot of those trappings, just in terms of the way the game looks and feels and plays, the way the menus are, the fact that you still kind of have these overworld areas and you when you know, when you start a battle, you go to a separate screen, all that kind of stuff, and once you get to a battle, it is that real time combat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way this one works, you string.
Speaker 4: Moves together, and it's it's not just like, oh, mash the button to a combo. It can be that, but if you use different direction inputs with that, you kind of have different strings and each of those have different effects, and they start to cost more of this resource which you lose as you fight, so you have to guard sometimes and encourages you to play defensively to get that back.
Speaker 3: I'm like five hours in, so I'm sure there's.
Speaker 4: A lot of depth I'm going to discover later in it, but so far I am having a good time, even if you know, again it's a little trophy.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's a little.
Speaker 4: Predictable for a kind of ps PS three era JRPG sure did have a thing going on with them a bit where I think they did start to kind of fall for some of the worst tropes and they got you know, when we say something is very anime, and that's that does sound stupid because anime is everything. I think people know what we mean sometimes by that, right, and and this can be that just the way the characters look, the way that they emot. Again, it's like the same kind of archetypes that you maybe have seen before. But still there's not enough positive year that. I'm excited to play some more of it again. It looks very pretty. I like that pastoral, kind of kind of cutesy vibe to it. The main character has daddy issues, very exciting. Can't wait to see how that develops.
Speaker 2: Daddy issues of the year.
Speaker 4: Right and right now, all the characters are kids, but in the anime intro they're adults. So I think there might be a time skip skip.
Speaker 1: So hot, hen need a.
Speaker 2: Fifty eighty for that? Actually, so okay, I.
Speaker 1: Need a fifty eighty time skip. What if?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What if people start calling you zuddy Mike saddy? But like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh zuddy.
Speaker 4: It sounds like I'm sutty, Like I'm like soapy or something, suddy, I'm sudsy. So it's a bad nice Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking about time skips, can I talk about Dragon Ball Z for a second.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't think we could stop you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the.
Speaker 4: Very end of Dragon Ball Z, so they killed Boo and then there's a ten year time skip yeah yeah uh. And then during the time your time skip, Vegeta and Bama go to visit Goku and they're like, Wow, you're a bad friend. We haven't seen you for five years. Wait, Gok is a bad friend. He could teleport, he could fly around the world, right, and it's what's a it's a type of peace. Bama is the first friend he ever made when he was like some brat who accidentally killed his grandpa and you're telling me, like, what's a month?
Speaker 2: You can't pop over there for dinner. I can't go to defend him. And then you said he could teleport. I'm like, ohh I could teleport, I'd be much better.
Speaker 3: Can he teleport or is it just the cloud?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He is he flying the cloud?
Speaker 4: Then he doesn't anymore after like the first few episodes day yeah, yeah, yelly Goku because he learned it from the Aliens after he uh killed Freezer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Transmissions car by the way, the INCID transmission coming on is still the top tier.
Speaker 1: M no, no no.
Speaker 3: The father son one, I know you like the father's son one.
Speaker 1: My father son Kam is the ultimate one. It's so good.
Speaker 3: Like Also, Goku's son go ten is best friends with Vegina son. You know they're hanging out constantly, Like you don't just pop.
Speaker 4: On over there while they're would be in the same room as his son.
Speaker 1: We know you would hate that. What's worse, he did it. I've said this before. Goku is the drake of anime because he's a dead beat father, right, and he did it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Vegeta turned into the camera and smile and say Goku yeah, because Goku didn't know he had a second child.
Speaker 3: Is there a dominic mysterio in dragon Ball? Speaking of the second child?
Speaker 4: Remember, they're gonna wish Goku back, so he could, you know, be routed, maybe be a father to his son. He's like, nah, I don't want to rather be dead cool that at the end of the time, skipp thing your dragon Ball z He's like, I'm gonna go trade this stranger and live with him. Now, buy a teenage sud and wife. See you later.
Speaker 2: Idiots, did you like leave YouTube on last night and like some four hour explainer video came up and you just forgot to turn on this?
Speaker 1: This has been marinate in his heart for years. This is his time skip. Here's here's here's what.
Speaker 3: Facebook has become for me this week? What uh the old.
Speaker 4: White people in my life complaining about the halftime show? Oh yeah yeah, clips of dragon Ball and whatever, like the og dragon Ball clips come on I'm like, man, this.
Speaker 3: Looks way better.
Speaker 4: This looks animated better. It seems more fun. I should watch dragon Ball.
Speaker 1: Dragonball is great, dragon Ball is very fun. Dragon Ball Super has become an indecipherable mess. Uh yeah, but I still a lot.
Speaker 4: Of it just through these YouTube clips or these Facebook clips. Now, I think I got all the main sagas and storylines down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I don't. I don't remember if I ever watched GT to completion. I know there's like, Wow, a bad guy that's called Baby.
Speaker 3: I've seen.
Speaker 2: I've seen more GT than ever through these things too.
Speaker 3: Which is weird because GT's whole thing was supposed to be like Goku trucks and pan are flying through the universe.
Speaker 2: That's why it's a grand tour.
Speaker 4: And then after a bit of that, they're like, bring them back to Earth and have them fight a cell knockoff.
Speaker 3: Actually that'll be better. Yeah, people like that more Trunks gimmick? Is he someone's kid?
Speaker 1: D Oh? Okay, yeah, Trunks is hella cool? We can all agree on that.
Speaker 2: Well, did you just.
Speaker 3: Show up in like chop Fruits and half or something.
Speaker 4: I'm it's like when the Great Colleague showed up just immediately squash the undertaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Trunks was cool. And then Trunks is a brady kid that grows up to be kind of a dufus because he didn't have to face the strife that future Trunks.
Speaker 3: So he was rich. He was like a rich kid that just like didn't he had an easy life.
Speaker 2: He's one of these millennials.
Speaker 1: Yea, a neo baby, as I.
Speaker 3: Know, you're a history of Trunks fan jam.
Speaker 1: Come on, god, you still love that that character?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool a good?
Speaker 2: Wait real quick? Can we dissect what just happened? Mike? Yes, did you look at the list of games decided it was too short and said, hey, we needed diversion.
Speaker 3: Or no, I was gonna do that no matter what. Hell, just time skip came up because I've been I have been stewing on this for a bit. I brought Timeskiple, Like, here's my.
Speaker 4: Chance to scream about Goku being a bat five years. You can't go visit two of your best friends who are already hanging out with your son constantly.
Speaker 3: A you know how to teleport? Can't go say hi? For five years?
Speaker 2: What is he doing?
Speaker 3: I know he learned to train.
Speaker 4: He's training eighteen hours a day just outside of the hut he lives in.
Speaker 3: Come on, take a break.
Speaker 1: The there's a new dragon Ball anime. I forget what it's called.
Speaker 4: Di uh uh yeah, Diamond, diamond something right, Dima Dima was not like Demon.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say Dai katana, but that's not it. That's that's a different there. No, that's John Romero's dikatan right right right. And now they're all little babies, which is fun.
Speaker 4: It's fucked up that the gimmick of the new thing is like gook is a kid to get i'ment bitch, that was Dragon Ball GT. You already did that.
Speaker 3: Mike reminded me of a little existential moment I had this weekend when you talked about, you know, old people on Facebook hating the halftime performance. I possibly got a text from an older person during the performance. I don't get this. I'm just crabby about this. I don't understand. This isn't music. You know this that who could say asleep? He ledein Yeah, And I remember getting so annoyed in thinking and don't worry. I came to the realization you will all have immediately where I was like God, damn it. Not understanding something or not liking it, or loudly proclaiming that you don't understand it or like something. It's not a personality trait. This is not interesting. This is not adding anything to any conversation. You're just it's not interesting that you don't fucking get it. And then I got to the same It was like, oh oh yeah, fire Escape podcast of the I recorded that before they say we're for losers and nerds. I know I had had that thought. M yeah, okay, perhaps perhaps I should take this knowledge and do something with it.
Speaker 2: I also had an existential real realization over the weekend. I was thinking about uh, dikatana and I'm pretty sure now and I hadn't realized this before. Maybe you all did. John Romero's Dikatana, John Romero's Big Sword. It's the name of the game a penis joke. Wow, wow, right, not even a joke.
Speaker 3: His penis.
Speaker 2: It's just not his John Romero's penis.
Speaker 1: They should just name it that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically they did suck it down.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Jesus Holy Ship, this is a wow.
Speaker 2: We should rename Miles Prowers because John Romero's penises. Yeah. Realizations in the future no longer Phoenix down moment.
Speaker 1: Here's how we're gonna do well on YouTube. We're just gonna take that realization and turn it into a video essay, okay, and then drubs grubs give a good video essay face to the camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's when I realized it was about his penis.
Speaker 1: And then that's when we would play the clip of I jerked off at a rainforest cafe, Jack Top in a rainforest ca. Sorry, jacked off, I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: I specifically made this button so it restarts every time you press it, so I can do this.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jack BikeE Jack Bobie Jack bopike jacko Jack pop in a rainforest.
Speaker 2: All right, damn it?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking about penises is a game that is uh has a distinct lack of penises, which is citizens Sleeper too talked about this last week, continuing to play this. Yo, they should put this out on a phone. Yeah, they should one hundred percent put this out on a phone, because, like, UH, I would much rather play a game where I'm reading a lot on a phone or a tablet versus perhaps a resident evil on my phone. Yeah, or like like even a final, big final fantasy game I'm probably not going to play one of those. I would read because the gameplay in Citizens sleep Er two incredibly light in terms of what you're doing. You're just picking options and rolling dice. But I just want to read and I could. I realized I could do this on my steam deck, but I don't want to bring my steam deck with me everywhere, and I generally will have my phone on me and just just please please do that for me. Guys, do that for me.
Speaker 2: Sur That hasn't happened, you know, Citizen at least was a Citizen Sleeper one.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense. It feels like the kind of game that does just end up on because it sold pretty well, and that's usually the threshold if you sell enough to be like, we're going back, we're making a sequel, reinvesting in the first one. We're adding like voice lines like they did with disco Elysium. Yea, now I'm just a Discolysium. Did that get released on phone? I don't know, So I don't know. Maybe there's no maybe there's no market or in their opinion, I don't know, but you're right it would work well on phone because I feel like.
Speaker 1: There was that there was a period of time when Apple Arcade was new and fresh in some games were simultaneously releasing on Apple Arcade as well as Steam and Console. Sure, I would like Citizen Sleep or two on my phone, please it continues to be great. I haven't completed a cycle yet, but I have stared deep into the void and experienced many an existential crisis as I am befriending all of these people and coming to terms with my own reality and perhaps stopping bad habits. But I'm not going to do that today. But what I am going to do today is here Mike's experience with the Monster Hunter Wild's beta. Y'all played this on UPF last week. If folks missed that, yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Me, Jeff and Sean and actually are Christian. We're playing the beta, and you know, it's basically that same beta. It might be entirely that same beta that we had before, but this time I did get to play with friends that aforementioned crew, which to be clear, was kind of painful to figure out. And you know, it's one of those things where it's like our numbers store. It's like, am I are we the idiots? Are we the dumb dumbs and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I maybe, but this.
Speaker 4: Seems like I could be a like a little bit more sense because either it's like join a link show or whatever and join the World Link Show or like the Field Link Show things like this, and I'm like, what does all that mean?
Speaker 3: I just clearly I want to go beat up a monster with my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I understand why they do it now this way, because it's like, Okay, there could be this lobby that we are all just hanging out in, like our whole discord could be hanging out in this lobby. But then when it's time to actually form a party and go out, well you want to have a small, smaller party within that lobby. I get it, but I think like it's just the way it was presented was a bit confusing, and it wasn't like easy to invite people through Steam and again, like Christian Sand was our settings, there was a bunch of stuff that I think was like both wrong with what we were doing and the way the game presents it. However, people will get over that hump because it's Monster Hunter and it's worth it, sure, and once you do, once you understand what to do, it is relatively seamless and worked really well, and I was having a really good time, right, yeah, go ahead, like you please.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, yeah, that's the more important thing, right because that, Yeah, that was a headache for a bit, and it's always flustered when you're like trying to make content and you can't get things figured out. But once he got through that, and it was just, you know, a group of us fighting a big monster together.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: What weapons did y'all? Pick?
Speaker 3: I was doing the godlong sworts like a katana, which was fun kind of you know, it seems like I wasn't doing a lot of stagger damage necessarily, but I could move pretty fast for such a big weapon and do a lot of damage. I was also using the bow because in this game, your your mouths whatever they're calling, yeah, whatever they're calling.
Speaker 4: The big sort are using the dick katana. You can go over to your mouth and push a button and equip a second of different weapons. You basically have two loadouts you can switch between. So I was like, okay, I never used these range weapons in these games. That always sounds lame to me, and that's not what I pictured a monster hunter but I tried the long boat and that was actually a ton of fun. It is almost more mid range ye than anything else. You know, you're you know, you point in shoot, but there are still combos to it, and these long kind of you know, higher risk, high reward kind of charge moves. You can fire a homing shot so that your shots will target a creature more easily. I was surprised how good that felt. It's nice to know that I could switch between those two things at any point that I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I think I was using the white bow gun. I think I was using one of the bow guns. And I've mostly picked that because I knew we'd be in my point of view so we can kind of see what everyone was doing up close while I was standing about mid range away from the monster. But I really enjoyed it. The focus thing that like brings the wounds into view really is a cool feature because it's like, okay, well I'm gonna move around and get my sites set back on this thing, and now let's let's focus in on it so I can, you know, and that's just really aimed down sites is all that really is, and it makes the wounds glow red, and that would say, okay, I have something to aim for and I you know, of course, the the monster Hunter. The weapons have their own functions, like I have a specific little mini game I need to do with my gun to really hammer home on those wounds. And it's like, okay, just trying to aim at it and hit it with your big, your big, your big attack, which you have a limited number of unless you sort of do something which I was still figuring out, and whenever I would hit it, it would like completely destroy the wound, do a ton of damage, and that felt very satisfying. And then the rest of the time I was kind of doing pretty mediocre damage, but I was able still to like kind of all right, let's focus on this tail. And it was fun things to be like, oh yeah, Mike mentioned the tail could get knocked off, Like I remember that. All right, let's all hone in on the tail. And when we like successfully knocked that off, it's like, Okay, we accomplished our our own goal that we decided we were going to try to do on this in this battle. Now, let's actually take down the boss. And it felt like we were all playing our roles and I was just having a really good time.
Speaker 1: The gang gets some tail together, that's right, Yeah, we did get some tail. I'm very excited for this to come out. I am doing the thing where I want to try a different weapon. I want to maybe go with like the heavy bowl gun because I saw like the different amotypes and that seems fun to try and manage. But I think I'm just gonna swing away with that hammer. Baby, you need to swing away. Did y'all get enough materials to dress up your hunters and dumb outfits or not?
Speaker 4: They didn't even have crafting turned on yet. Like a good they had some outfits just already in your stash so you can mess around with it a little bit. But yeah, Gemma's workshop wasn't open yet.
Speaker 1: Were y'all able to ride your mounts together or I mean like all four together?
Speaker 3: Yep, we're all on our separate mounts.
Speaker 2: Like what's like?
Speaker 3: What's you're in a group?
Speaker 4: You basically share the kind of the whole zone, like where the monsters are roaming. It is a different instance whenever you're in that town. That's why it's kind of two different group settings. And yeah, that's sort of what's going on there, you know, My favorite thing is just that you still can just accept missions and post them up, but you can just you know, look on the map, find a monster, and if you started attacking it after a little bit, it's like, okay, this is your mission, mission started, kill this monster.
Speaker 2: Great yep's And once the mission started, it was like easy, easier for like Christian was joining us, and he would use that to get in because now the mission had started and there was a mission for him to join. So the game was handling a lot of that stuff automatically in the background while we were just actually playing. That was nice, That was really neat. He also had a lot other I'm sorry, the hunting horn, yes, which just looked like a giant saxophone. Yeah, and that rules. That's an incredible thing.
Speaker 1: I love when my Palica will bust that thing out and just like all right, cool, you're playing a fun song. Let's fucking go buddy.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's such a good one when you're in larger groups, because it's whole thing is based on the combos you do. You do different groups buffs, right, and like he's even kind of making these circle zones that if we stood and we got buffs. So that's just a really neat weapon.
Speaker 1: I think the focus mode because I've seen some people that are new to the Monster Hunter series complain that there's no real good lock on. I think that being the Monster Hunter's version of it will help on board people. I'm god, guys, I'm so fucking excited. I'm very upset. I don't have it in fantasy. I can't wait to go hunt things with y'all.
Speaker 3: Let's see who got monster Oh, how you did? Uh?
Speaker 4: Lucy didn't know. I named my team Nonster Hunter Wilds. But then I had the first round picks. I picked the three D Mario game That's got me out. Then Lucy was second and picked Master Hunter. Well, so it was the second pick of the entire draft.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to fight Lucy. Now. I know I'll lose, but I still want to fight, and so does Mike Manatti because Mike Manatti has been playing Street Fighter six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I played this game quite a lot when it first came out and enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: How's my Yeah. All I want to know is great that that.
Speaker 4: Was kind of thing like that. You know, we've had a bunch of DLC characters already and none of them have really spoken to me. I didn't care too much. Terry almost, but my you know that's a yeah, that's a good character. It's also a familiar character I've played. I've never played any of d S and Case super deeply, but I played enough of them here and there that I'm generally familiar with my move set, the thing she does with her fans and whatnot.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's a joke. Yes, that's great, It's it's funny. Man, Just it can't believe they made a video game character that I'm blushing.
Speaker 3: Just talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm stammering my word though. That's literally who like the whole character is meant to do that.
Speaker 3: Dan looks very confused. I'm googling.
Speaker 2: You won't be impressive.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: There are multiple times I was like playing this and watching her and her like Jim Shorts and the loading screen be like, man, even this would do nothing for Dan.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'll say it does nothing for me, but I'm happy it does things for you.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: You're not alone, right, You're not alone. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Well, she's a very fun character to play as though, like her fans, you can kind of send out a bunch of them, and if they get blocked, if you kind of do a charge move, they can sort of bounce up and hit them again. So basically you can kind of get your opponent blocking a lot, so you can do interesting mix ups. She has pretty good speed in terms of her kind of dash thing whatever that's called, so you can get in there pretty quickly to do throws and whatnot. You know, I'm still very was pretty bad at it. I was able to play through arcade mode maybe a couple online matches for Funzie, but not do amazing or anything. But if I was to jump back in and ranked in any substantial way, I could see myself having a good time playing as my Lovely Lovely.
Speaker 1: That about does it for game this week, folks. There's embargoes abound. We'll talk about more stuff on BCR this week and next week the games are coming out.
Speaker 2: I played one more inter Magnolia. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Lilies.
Speaker 2: It is a sequel to Ender Lilies. Although yes, and you know, I heard about this from the besties. Russ Freushnick is a Metroid Vana freak, and he was talking it up and all of them were super into it. Said things like, oh, the best combat in a Metroid venue ever. So I'm like, well, I need to judge that for myself, and it's got you know, it doesn't start off with that, like you need to like build up and like build your character. But you could see how it works where it's like you get these spirits that can attack attack on your behalf, but they immediately are like, hey, which button do you want to assign that attack to, implying you're gonna have four different option options at all these different times, and the second option you get, the second attack option you get is like this big thrusting fist punch that has a cool down on it. So you can already see it's like, okay, that's very different than the quick sword attack. I just had orders of Ecclesia coded a little bit, yeah, yeah, a little bit. Also a very near coded. Actually it has a lot yes, like there's a monkey lie everywhere. It's a bunch of robot shells that are like very sad. So that's near to me. I'm gonna try to play a little bit more of it didn't immediately grab me, but that's also what they were saying on the Besties, So I'm gonna see it through and see if I can get some of these more complicated combat options. But the way it starts as a metro vane like what doesn't feel immediately as good as Metroid Dread or something like that. But it doesn't feel bad either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you say best combat in metro Vanya, I mean Prince of Persia to us crowned. Yeah, you know, I think we can mention pretty freely on here now Giant Bombs the game of the Year twenty twenty four. That that is so far and beyond the best combat I've seen in any two D game.
Speaker 4: Actually that I'm just like immediately skeptical. If you say something is better at common than it, I'd like to see it and like to try for myself to see how it measures up. But man, it has has a lofty shoes to fill.
Speaker 1: Exactly before we go to break. I also got a little bit of time. I haven't spent too much time in it. But keep driving is uh A. You're just gonna drive a buick across the country and figure out your feelings but also manage inventory. It's like fucking vibes FTL a little bit. It looks right, Yeah, Yeah, you're managing like your car, the peeps in it, all this all the jazz in it. I'll try and spend more time with it so we can talk about a bcr Maybe we'll stream it. Uh, maybe we'll stream a bunch of games on the website this week because games are starting to come out. It turns out while.
Speaker 3: That they're doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I.
Speaker 3: Thought we were done.
Speaker 2: How we were done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh, folks, We're gonna take quick breaking break and we will be back with some video game news.
Speaker 2: Something bringing Hey Jack Bop and a raincourse.
Speaker 1: Mike, you need to stop telling us that.
Speaker 3: All right, we know, we understand, we get it.
Speaker 1: We're all very proud of you. Okay, that's not the word.
Speaker 2: We're all very machine. We just know that crowd that was built around Nikki and Jan well, we're gonna do that for you the next time we're at Rainforest ca jury On, tell us that get whacket.
Speaker 3: We like to get a crowd at.
Speaker 2: I can't say now you talk about.
Speaker 3: It's because you were because you're good at a video.
Speaker 4: Game, Jeff Grubb with the news, because you're Goober's in a video game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: PlayStation state of play returns this Wednesday with a forty plus minute show. Soon in our Interactive Entertainment will stream a new State of Play presentation on Wednesday, guys, February twelfth, at two pm Pacific time, five pm Easter. So we'll talk over that. I think we'll get that set up. It'll be a good time after a blight club. Yeah, yeah, stay in the gimmick.
Speaker 1: Yeah for you to introduce that. Yeah, and you're not going to be heated at all from like perhaps being frustrated for two hours.
Speaker 2: No, very unlikely. I mean I'll beat it, like because it's a blakening round done by yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, just like.
Speaker 2: Just like, oh wow, I am excited about this. They need to talk about games. I'm excited about you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think any Xbox titles will get featured on the State of Play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're not going to like announce some like game has been in for the not sports because like a vow for instance, which is coming out very soon, has not had a PlayStation version ever announced, right, something like that.
Speaker 2: That's true, but they got to like, you know, Indiana Jones is coming to PlayStation very soon. Be surprised that that shows up in there. Yeah, and then people are in chatter asking about PC ports. I mean, you know, I have no idea. I'm really hopeful Demon Souls gets announced PC.
Speaker 1: Would love to play.
Speaker 2: Demon Souls on PC. Oh, sure, that'd be cool, But I mean beyond that, like, do we expect anything major?
Speaker 3: Well, the last one was in September, and that was also forty minutes long, and it was you know, kind of a lot of talking about some games that we knew about, showing off some that were at that point coming out relatively recently. Some you know, like they're talking about my Sofner wild to that one. But you know, they did have the very big reveal at the end of that one of Ghosts of I always say it wrong, yo tie yo te yo te kam Right, So I've got something similar like, well, hear about like you know, Melgar Solid Delta for sure, because that's happening pretty soon. The trailer party just went up on psn early. There's like a Snake Eater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 2: Went up psn early, but honestly, I don't remember did they put it out.
Speaker 3: It was PSN and then it had the release date on him for August.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and then they'll but they'll definitely have at least one big announcement again Tranding, completely new who Tranding.
Speaker 3: They just said they're doing like a big live stream from south By Southwest with Kajima. So I don't know what. Maybe maybe maybe we get a tease for a south By Southwest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe let's go to south By Southwest. Sure we should, that'd be great, man.
Speaker 3: I think Hotel podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a good hotel podcast last night, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, normal crew on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, there's some third parties that might be interesting to hear more from, like yeah, Metal Gear, we'll see, But no, are we gonna hear some more about some of the sun Hill games from Konami. There's those rumors about a triple A Castlevania game. Do we here, you know, Capcom? I think we're all kind of wondering. Hey, He's like, you almost always have a some kind of resident evil. We know about looking forward too, so it's almost a little weird at this point. That's been quote unquote so long since we've heard them, and that's a new one that could happen here with a residuval nine or another remake probably nine right now, that would be a big deal.
Speaker 2: I think the thing I wonder where they're at is they probably a few months ago, maybe before Concord, we're thinking, okay, in that state of play, and early twenty twenty five, that's where we'll go hard on Marathon in fair Games. Oh, if that's what they have for this state of play and they don't have any of those other like big pillar games, people are going to be like, wait, what you're still doing this. I thought you would given up. And they, of course they haven't fully given up on live service games, but they also have to get those games out and they do want to try to like focus on them a little bit. So I think they might be between a rock and a hard place a little bit. So Marathon might be a huge hit. Who knows, it's it's bungeee, it's something fair games, well, fair games.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm still holding on to hope and I hope Mike will still share a pow pow fruit with me that we might see some Kingdom hearts for stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another one that it's been a long time. They don't have a big Kingdom Hearts or get big found fantasy game sort of looming over instead like this is you know, as far as we know right now, Squaring is next big game, right, There's a dragon Quest twelve. I think even the dragon Quest people recently are like, yeah, we're gonna release details on that one very slowly, so don't expect anything big there. This could be a good opportunity to start talking about Kingdom Hearts for in a more substantial way.
Speaker 2: Like Sony Santa Monica. Do we know what they're working on?
Speaker 3: Well, because we haven't heard about the Corey Ballrock game, right right.
Speaker 2: That's and that's been quite some time. Actually, yeah, I is it like the thing from More of the Rings or no, it's like not exactly like that. Now, let's see.
Speaker 4: So you know, there's all this Insomnia stuff as Omniac Wolverine maybe, especially if that was going to be thinking is that Venom game actually happening? And there's some reason think not, but there's reasons to think yes, especially like Miles Morales was so good. I don't know why you wouldn't want to do another Miles Morales size project.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean with the way that Spider Man two ended, they kind of have a setup to do a two plus type of game, right, well.
Speaker 4: Plus, you know, it's not that this is not much a spliering where but there's like a whole section inspider Man two where he plays Venom for a bit. He has a very distinct move set and you do it for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like, didn't really put all that work into figuring out how Venom would play just for that.
Speaker 3: It seems like maybe not.
Speaker 1: Would they ever circle back to that multiplayer game that they were working on for.
Speaker 2: I think I think they will at some point, but they you know, they're just so busy. They have uh, you know, after this, they're making X Men games right there. They have a long line of things that they are going to try to get done, and I think a multiplayer game would probably be a distraction in their opinion. I don't know.
Speaker 4: We could see more of Ghosts, We could see maybe more of Intergalactic from Naughty Like you think there used to be rumors about some kind of in Charted remake or something like that. Do you think there's anything with the Charted right now?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean maybe, but but probably not, or if it is, it's probably pretty early.
Speaker 1: I've kind of had an appetite to play through and Charted again, so I wouldn't mind a remaster.
Speaker 2: Just go play on Charted four.
Speaker 1: I want to climb a train.
Speaker 2: Jeff Grub, You're right, watch them watch the movie.
Speaker 1: I did recently, and then I was upset all over again.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Mark Wahlberger is a mustache at the end of It's gonna be great in the seat.
Speaker 2: How smart. I think we could get like Retoo Neural.
Speaker 3: That yeah, criminally underrated. I think I love return He was radio right when yeah, yeah, we're like, I'll tell you that was game of the year that year.
Speaker 2: I just played Hades and I was like, oh, this is like every run is the same. Compared to Hades, where everything could feel different every time. It just was like a kind of a bummer after a while.
Speaker 3: Is really good. But I might take Returnal over it. You would take it turn over Haiti would be close. It'd be close. It's been a while step playing you there. But I really fucking love the tone of Returnal a lot in the just the world and the environment and everything that, Like, I don't know, the Haities stuff didn't really do it for me.
Speaker 1: They added multiplayer to that, right, I'm not imagining that tried it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we could try that before it's like.
Speaker 5: A co op tower thing. Yeah, yeah, we should try that, jeff.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I saw some other third party companies here that might be working on something big, like maybe.
Speaker 3: We all know, we all know, sod just tell me something about Bridgewister. You said you're get to it for me, you promised me.
Speaker 2: I asked a couple of sources and one of them said lull nerd and then didn't say anything else. So is that that's a shoot, that's for real? They really said that, You're right? Not at no, But I can't help you there, not yet anyhow. Hey, I I hope so, buddy, for your sake, Yeah please uh anyway. Some other Sony news, a new PS five and Astrobot bundle is reportedly coming soon. Sony is reportedly releasing this PS five bundle with a download code for Astrobot. The bundle will also include a standard PS five console with a disk drive, but not a special Astrobot dual sense controllers I think are sold out right controllers? Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 2: I think? I like, yeah, I got I got one in the box here and I was my I guess cousin in law, I don't know he was asking for. He got real obsessed with Astrobot. I'm like, I'll just give him that. They can't find it, no problem. Then stuff like looked up the price and says, no, you cannot give him this five hundred or control. Oh yeah, wow, Okay, anyway, I think that's something that could show up at that state of play.
Speaker 4: We'll see it makes a ton of sense. That's the smartest packet game you can do right now. I mean, it's the most PlayStation game imaginable here too.
Speaker 1: Make a make a Kendrick lamar Bot please?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is he signed to Sony with Maybe they could actually make that happen.
Speaker 1: I mean Kendrick and Astrobot both short kings.
Speaker 2: That's right, man, astro just wearing the jacket and the in the boot cut jeans. A classic Sony rhythm game. Action game could be marching to PlayStation. Plus this is pat Upon three. Uh three was like a was that a psame.
Speaker 3: PSP was still on? Pat Upon three was still PSP?
Speaker 2: I believe Yeah. I think they might have done it. I might might have released it elsewhere after that after some time. Uh but yeah, looks like it it's going to be coming back. I know there's some pad Upon freaks out there. I never played.
Speaker 3: They're called Greg Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some Greg Miller's out there.
Speaker 3: I was a local Roco guy when it comes to PSP kind of a rhythm.
Speaker 1: It's a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always associate pad Upon and look a Roko with each other. Yeah, yeah, I like pad Upon, I definitely kind of. I don't think I even quite beat the first one and had my fill of it, so like they kept making them. I was a little bit like, I don't know if I need more pad Upon. I bet it's been so long now that if I went back to one and just went to a pad Upon three, I would have a good time.
Speaker 2: I was over on my DS playing my Elite Beat Agents, looking down, thinking pathetic, playing a real rhythm game.
Speaker 1: One day.
Speaker 2: One day's amazing to play?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Is that something I could play on that DS?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was hoping like something like, well I have ds' is like with that? I have that? Wait, I have the fucking cart like nineteen DS is. Why don't I just play the game? How could I do an analog or maybe the trim? You why it's no I just have the game. You could also just use.
Speaker 1: Your phone, your steam deck could also do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Yeah, I think it's a good game on shoot hard where those d S d S game.
Speaker 3: Oh chat reinding me. I reviewed this game, right, okay, Yeah, so I guess I could play this back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when y'all were playing the lead Beat Agents.
Speaker 4: That was a stylus only game, right. Oh yeah, as a stylist joint for sure. I guess you could use that thumb strap if you were a real freak like the okay, the thumb strap.
Speaker 3: I gave it a seven point eight, criticized the track selection. Yeah, I didn't like skater Boy because the song was bad. And yeah, I think I probably just wanted it all to be like Credence or something. Yeah, that's probably that era. Yeah okay, yeah sure.
Speaker 1: Did any of you guys ever play the DS Guitar Hero game? I wonder Yeah, on tour on deck kids right back, it was open all time, bad commercial.
Speaker 3: I've tried to find this on YouTube recently, where it's a dude at like an outdoor diner type thing. If anyone can find this, I remember this being legendarily bad and a girl's looking over at him and he's like tapping at the screen and stuff, and he starts doing like a solo and she's like impressed and comes and sits next to him, and they're like rocking out like at a diner. And it's I think it was presented on ironically and oh, yeah, I'm gonna pick up this chick with my guitar skills.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had the same experience in the in I was gonna say the Rainforce Cafe, playing Phoenix right and screaming objection loudly in front of a group of girls.
Speaker 3: We loved it.
Speaker 1: A girl that I may have or may not have had a crush on made me feel stupid when she showed me her brain age score versus mine, Like, oh you're you smart smart huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a younger brain. That's not your fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, It's like, you guys have one friend who's like really into IQ tests.
Speaker 3: Or what you're like the acronym of like introvert something.
Speaker 2: This is Briggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How I love how Harry Potterhouses is just like Myers Briggs.
Speaker 2: Oh that the whole series is very like White Girl's psychology coded absolutely all right for resistance, I'm sorry. What we start the brain.
Speaker 3: Age and we fit age from the same company.
Speaker 2: They are obsessed with our God.
Speaker 1: This switch to is gonna heal us spiritually spirit age?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you want to have as high as possible, you have an old soul?
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: For serious I gotta have the lowest spirit age of the group, right, My spirit age has to be so young.
Speaker 1: What do you like? Is a younger spirit score better?
Speaker 2: Only a young spirit where jack off? Is this a.
Speaker 3: Morality score or a religion score?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What the spirit wisier is the worst? Wouldn't you Yeah, wouldn't you have the most youngest?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: I thought we wanted to all the other examples, young is better. So what you're saying like you're the most holy of us all you're.
Speaker 2: The most innocent? Yes? No, what have you done for the Catholic? And this episode might come on?
Speaker 3: I read a tweet from the Pope and liked it.
Speaker 1: Oh like the black beanie was a bit Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, you're Hollywood Vegas Jerome. You said you want to heal Era. Well here it is.
Speaker 2: Sonny rejected to pitch for Resistance FORMNI founder. Yeah, any of you guys, Resistance heads.
Speaker 3: I like the first one a lot because it was a launch game for the PS three and it had like a like a it was like twenty plus multiplayer, which wasn't really a thing that happened as much, and I'm liking it. You could check the controller to get the grenade tag off you, all right, the six axis supports.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two I thought was fine. I didn't play as much as one, and then I reviewed three, and I remember I was there was one of the times I was like significantly lower than the like Metacritic average, and so all of the like Sony Heads and Resistance really came after me for because I gave it a seven out of ten and most people were giving it like nine and people.
Speaker 2: Out of five.
Speaker 3: Yeahh is Resistant three talked about as a nine out of ten these days?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: No, I stand by. I was right, It's it's fine, it's a fine. Yeah, I don't want to like crap.
Speaker 2: It was this is too much.
Speaker 3: But I never quite understood.
Speaker 1: Resistance was the game with the gun where you just like shoot it away and then you pick a target, right, you could use to.
Speaker 3: Tag on it, so you like get like like a homing tag on it, and then wherever you're shooting, the general area would kind of like jump.
Speaker 4: On our just pointing up and looking at pictures. This is like it's the epitome of the piss filter eight. Yeah right, and then like later on they're like, well, if we had some like blue flares, that's exciting too, that'll help make it really pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Resistance is fun and good, but I definitely resent it for kind of being a stand standard bear for a lot of the worst.
Speaker 3: Tendencies of Triple A games at that time too. Yeah right, I rubble everywhere.
Speaker 4: Everything's piss filtered and gray, and you know those apartments like these are the people who made Ratchet and Clink and now here's this and I think I definitely like it more when they do Ratchet and Clear.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they rejected it for timing and market opportunity, basically just saying opportunity costs. We'd rather you take this time to work on anything else, and they did, and they had.
Speaker 3: What was this about, Because there's a there's a bit there when Samniac was kind of making some flubs with you know, I just have arat a clink, ratcha clake all for one, not very good.
Speaker 4: Then they had that weird flour player game that like got rebooted before it came out that nobody he liked.
Speaker 3: Or remember when I ratchet that All for one.
Speaker 4: There's All for one, but there's another four player called that was an original I.
Speaker 2: P fuse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fuse though, but people don't remember that was Overstrike. It's supposed to be Overstrike and when the.
Speaker 4: Strike and then the yeah, yeah they did our reverse Borderlands on it, yeah, which is a very strange decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some of.
Speaker 3: The gones we're okay infused. I remember that was the interesting one because me and Ben Hanson went out to Insomniac for that because we did a game and Former cover and so it's one of those things where you're in the room. It's a four player thing. So they set up like me and Hanson and a couple Insomniac people, and it's just like whenever you're playing Cooper multiplayer, like at the studio with people who made the game, you definitely get that like E three just like whoa, yeah, get to the chopper, you know, like that type of thing was just and hands and playing like all right, the gun's kind of okay. Okay, and like the two other people on our team just like all right, god, we got extract, we gotta do this thing. It's like, okay, all right, look between the journalists and and the team there. Yeah, very excited.
Speaker 1: They have a related story to that later this week.
Speaker 2: Man, very fun.
Speaker 1: Not in the same way. Not in the same way.
Speaker 2: Still. Yeah, yeah, So this just sounds like this happened after twenty eleven, that period when they were done with Resistance and hadn't really moved on to anything else at that point. So yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: It had a big VR thing for a bit there too. Kind of yeah, they were super Man.
Speaker 1: A robot thing.
Speaker 3: What was the name of that game of your robot and VR?
Speaker 4: I know I can't kind of like it, but yeah, probably spell shooting TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, trying to bring the IY back judgment.
Speaker 2: You ever see like any of those like YouTube shorts about people playing the VR spell casting games against one another. Kind of yeah, okay, well we should do dragon Ball. We should do that. We should see if we can get that game.
Speaker 3: We should do what it was the ps VR Harry Potter No Wonder book. What in VR was it? It was like a gimmick again book it was with the eye?
Speaker 2: Wasn't an eye was with ee toy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a Harry Potter one.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, god, the weird Harry Potter games that you got a Hogwarts legacy, but you also get like that quiddage game that came out and then nobody cared about.
Speaker 3: Yeah some eye toy thing. Oh wow, I just searched first thing. I looked it up on YouTube and I see me in a Harry Potter hat and scarf and glasses playing this.
Speaker 1: So that's hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very cool.
Speaker 2: Is uh is that eye toy? Or am I thinking of that eye? A judgment game?
Speaker 3: I have Judgment? Was the card game card part? Yes, three card games? That was eye toy. It pointed down at the grid. It was like a five five grid. I know because I pulled this out at New Year's Eve at a party. The cloth and I just walked my hands into his mid conversation and just threw the cloth at him. He just looked at me and then he looks. He looked up and he like nodded across the room like I recognize I have Judgment.
Speaker 2: When I see it, I recognize it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Dan, Uh what was your existing knowledge of the Harry Potter universe when you did this video that you you share, Oh, this is it in Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, and no, it it's always been nothing.
Speaker 2: It's still nothing.
Speaker 1: You look great in it, though, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gryffindor, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just Slytherin Dan He's I think I've heard that. Yeah. I did read the first book just to see what the hell was. I read that like a few years ago, a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, you just like really enjoyed her politics. You're like that was the thing.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it was in New York because I ever heard listening to the audiobook walking to GB Easts.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was in England for the first time when I was eighteen, and you know, they had the Harry Potter books and it was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. So I was like, hah, I bought it and read again, like this is a very different and interesting experience.
Speaker 2: Uh GTA six is still on track to release in the fall of twenty twenty five. Take two says they did their earnings report and I'm pretty insistent about this. I think that right now. They probably do think this game's coming out later this year. I they made a big delay once already. Internally that was not like, oh we announced it for twenty twenty four and it's coming out in twenty twenty five, but internally they were expecting it in twenty twenty four. So maybe this game really is gonna be ready. Are you guys like preparing yourself for that possibility.
Speaker 4: No, I've come out this year and you're gonna lose a ton of Fantasy critic points.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hilarious. GTA six will come out, Metrod Prime four will not.
Speaker 2: That's another Fantasy critic reference everybody in case you're.
Speaker 1: I just want GTA six to just come out this year already so we can all stop talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well people will talk about it for ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like, and we'll talk about it for yeah, twelve, twenty years, and.
Speaker 3: We'll do a feature where were able to go up together, and yes, of course I'll be a fuddy duddy and be on.
Speaker 4: I don't get these games are so popular and it'll be Fantastict's.
Speaker 3: Be real, how much of Mike is because it's just like adult problems and crime and.
Speaker 4: Stuff, not even that, but like I don't know if it's like the British humor or whatnot, but like a lot of the same reasons why I never like, like when Conquer's Bad fer Day came out right and I was fourteen, I should have been the target audience for it.
Speaker 3: I remember at the time thinking this shit's really immature. Oh I was sixteen, and I fucking loved it.
Speaker 4: See So is that saying with like the Psugta games, because there's a lot of that, Like you know, we run by a billboard and it's some stupid it's like a parody of like somebody putting a pickle in a doughnut.
Speaker 3: Right, every number is sixty nine, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every number sixty nine. And then I I did. I kind of just constantly rolled my eyes out a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird. I rolled my eyes at GTA stuff back then, just because it did seem like really you know, low effort jokes with the like sixty nine and stuff and all that. But something about Conquer, I think I like British humor, and it also was just constantly referencing like it's started with the clockwork horriage reference. It doesn't like all these movies are saying Private Ryan and the Matrix, and like, I think I liked that more.
Speaker 4: I probably could have gotten over myself a little bit with Conquer.
Speaker 2: But Conquer insists upon itself, for sure.
Speaker 3: It does a terminator thing where a hay bail turns into a terminator and it's talking like an't like.
Speaker 4: There's it's good at references in there. It's yeah, they're all good games. And when I play a GTA, I generally have fun. I am just sometimes and I do get it, but I am often just like, oh so this this is the one. This is the biggest thing. Okay, uh, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll stick with this. General company rock Steady is back working on a single player Batman game. It's claimed. I don't think anyone's.
Speaker 1: Going to be too surprised to hear that, right, No, No, you know, can you imagine like they have to get it right right or else this time Batman will be dead? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be kind of you know, like that Dragon Da situation. Right, you go away from a thing for a while to try do some other things. Those don't really work out, and now is it is it kind of too late? I mean even Arkham Night, which sold really well and was you know, reviewed kind of well, you know, it didn't. It doesn't seem as well regarded as the previous ones. So maybe you're already on a little bit a downward slope. They're like, well, what do you do to make one of those exciting again? But you know, for me, like, oh, maybe make one more like Arkham Asylum, make it a bit more kind of contained and metro ving. And I just know that that's a hard sell internally and probably even to a lot of players.
Speaker 3: Now, that is the one that, like, I liked all three of those games a lot. I was even higher on Night than I think a lot of people were, but I do think it was diminishing returns every time. The one I like the most was Asylum, just because it was that more contained, you know, like yeah, like on paper, like when you would hear about Arkham City being like, oh my god, you're gonna get to fly and it's like the Mario World Cape and it's a whole city, Like yeah, that's awesome. But man, Asylum was so focused and so good for it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely liked all of them.
Speaker 4: I mean I wish they maybe do something really interesting that they probably won't do, like a Batman Beyond kind of thing, because that's going to you know, because.
Speaker 2: They then that's it's gonna be like whoa.
Speaker 3: We tried doing one of the kind of one of these without Batman and it was called Gotham Nights and nobody really cared.
Speaker 4: So let's not do that again. Gosh, I don't know what direction you take. I bet it's going to just be another big, open world Batman game, and that could be a ton of fun. I like Arkham City a lot, and I also like Arkham Knight more than most I think, Dan, I remember being a little confused why everybody hated the Batmobile stuff so much.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty fun, that was really fine. Yeah, I mean I think it had a lot of early hate because of performance issues, Yes.
Speaker 4: Performance issues, and yeah, you know, the story wasn't amazing. Perhaps I wonder if it's like, is it enough just to be like and now here's the bat Wing and that's the whole thing too.
Speaker 3: No scale it back scale, it back felling bigger as a problem for sure.
Speaker 1: I So I like the Batman the movie, but I don't want them to have to go for that. I maybe would be down for like a year one Batman, though not in the same tone as the Batman.
Speaker 3: Oh like an Arkham origins.
Speaker 2: I do think that I hope they kind of change up their own a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For as much as I like Arkham Asylum and then enjoyed City and I never really played Night, I always just think that their take on it is always so aggressive and I don't know, immature. Again, I've always just wish they could change it up a little bit. I've always hated.
Speaker 1: How the Joker looks like, yeah, two pointy, very very point.
Speaker 4: You kind of like pointy Joker. I think I have to disagree with you there. I think that's kind of my favorite joker.
Speaker 2: I think I just associate it with all like of their I don't know again, Maybe it's because it's a British studio. Maybe some of that's just coming through and I'm like, that's fine, But I just kind of wish they would try something new. You want Adam West.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they could nail the tone of that now, that'd be really difficult.
Speaker 3: Is there a game? Is there a Bad Batman game? With the Jared Letter likeness because I just want to do Mike Blake Club and him have to be the Jared Letter Joker.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we could just any game with the Joker. We could just make him do that one.
Speaker 3: It's not so funny that we could just.
Speaker 2: Make him do it. I think.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a villain's lego game like DC? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There is, but I'm like it's bad.
Speaker 3: Fine, can you just show up for a BombCast like Jared leto Joker. Let's all do it.
Speaker 1: We all do it right.
Speaker 3: I've heard you have extra white face paint. No, I do that away for sure.
Speaker 4: If I would love one that actually kind of looked more like the Shoemaker Batman films with the giant statues.
Speaker 2: Sh that would look so good in a video game.
Speaker 3: I unironically appreciate and love the Shoemaker Batman movies. And again, I'll say it again. Watch Batman and Robin now maligned back in the day, you watch it now. I watched back to back with Batman Forever, and I used to be a big Batman Forever mark. Batman and Robin is a more fun watch.
Speaker 2: It's because it's like Manna from Heaven. Now, because it's like they don't make movies like not that anymore. And it's like and it's like, oh my god, this is this is what we had, and we gave it up for this swingy shit on it.
Speaker 3: We drove it out of town with pitchforks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were so many is a bat credit card and it's like, no, this.
Speaker 3: Watch it and expect the tone of like the sixty six movie, you know, like and then you're you'll have a good time.
Speaker 1: Bat skates would kind of fucking rip though, just.
Speaker 3: Like Astrobot when you just walking the icy automat.
Speaker 1: Doesn't pure Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: Sticking with DC, Wonder Woman game has reportedly been rebooted. Why relatively very recently apparently been rebooted, has a new director, and it's still years away from release. The game was announced in twenty twenty one. I don't know if you guys know this. It's twenty twenty five now. I don't know. They've spent one hundred million dollars on it. This all comes from Jason Treyer Bloomberg. Uh. Yeah, I don't know if this ever comes out.
Speaker 4: I mean, you already, like, man, during that time, you already completely missed that moment when wonder Woman was popping off. Yeah, right, like we already had the rise and fall of wonder Woman with.
Speaker 2: Suicide Squad over again. Maybe not as bad as Suicide Squad, but yeah, no.
Speaker 3: God, that's a god, that's a problem.
Speaker 4: And meanwhile, like the one superhero that seems like it's probably gonna have a moment again, it's Superman, because that James Gun movie looks like it's good. Yeah, I guess. Gosh, everybody was always like, why does it rock? Say you just make a Superman game, And I guess we're still not gonna go that route either. Oh, I wonder this wonder Woman game ever comes out.
Speaker 3: They made that three sixties Superman game. I remember that being Superman Returns. Yeah it was bad. It wasn't sixty four bad. But yeah, he does not have a good video game mystery.
Speaker 2: No, No, I.
Speaker 3: Had the game as a kid, my friends did, and he had to go into the phone boost to change and yeah, yeah he was really cheepy looking.
Speaker 1: Its bizarre. God, that second Wonder Woman movie is absolute dog shit is so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I do like watching I'm not like a giant Red Letter Media fan by do like watching their video on that wonder Woman movie.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. The best part to come out of those Wonder Woman movies though, is the I guess Wonder Woman's theme where it's.
Speaker 3: Guitar thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guitar is good. Whenever it chows up in the other movies, it's always good too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I remember it's Galga Dot.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, she tried to act and oh PSN went down over the weekend for like almost a whole day, almost twenty four hours. I don't do any of you guys get hit by the key numbers. And they used to go down for a month back when we were a real country. Yeah, apparently maybe similar reasons. The reporters always like they did this as a precautionary measure because they were breached. There was a security breach. Now they said nothing was taken again like this, I think this is there's still like some stuff to be shared about this. But either way, they were down for quite some time. A lot of people could not play their games, especially anything they owned digitally. And and yeah, it came back up online around Sunday sometime right or was it, yeah, Friday to Saturday. Either way, it was down for almost twenty four hour Yeah, okay, so it was Friday to Saturday, from like one evening to the next evening. They might extend some stuff like that Monster Hunter Beta specifically because of this, they're going to get people five extra days of PlayStation Plus if you have PlayStation Plus, that sort of thing. So they had to make good here. But this was like one of the bigger outages we've had in quite some time. Both Xbox Live and PSN have been relatively stable for the last couple of years, so this one cost a lot of headaches. Uh. Finally, another Resident another classic Resident Evil game, has been rated for cringing consoles. I think we talked about Resident Evil six last time. This time, Resident Evil five has been rated for Xbox Series X and S by the ESRB, suggesting a potential remaster or some big re release or something like that five and six could easily show up at that state of play tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Right right, you think, No, No, these are just kind of remasters, is maybe even generous?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly ports, and they've already been ported, like they're already playable on next.
Speaker 3: I mean I've played all of r E five co op like two or three years ago online in the LA.
Speaker 2: Correct and so like whatever these are, it will be very minor, like just made maybe native versions for PS five and Xbox Series X and S. Why they're doing that, who knows. Maybe it's just something like, oh, yeah, we'll just make sure that this is good to go, has a few extra features maybe, uh, and really this is just a setup. Hey, this is stuff we're doing with Residevil while we wait for here's Resident Evil nine or something like that that they could shoot announced tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And then like in terms of the remake, I think, gosh, it changes every time there's a report. But the latest rumor is Resivil zero now is the one that's going to be remain next. Before that was Code Veronica. Before that people were saying five.
Speaker 1: So yeah, never played zero, GiB it'd neither.
Speaker 3: Fine. I still want.
Speaker 1: That's the train one, right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Switch between them and Rebecca's there with a guy with tattoos.
Speaker 3: It's a cookies and Cream. It's a cookies and Cream like train.
Speaker 2: I think I think a remake of Zero would be awesome because I bet they make that game very good this.
Speaker 4: Time, right, because yeah, people have some complaints about it, so uh, you can make it better.
Speaker 2: I'm done with the news, done with the headlines. Back to you, Jen.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, Jeff Grubb, We're gonna go. Uh he'd be read some emails after this. Brick and Break Emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to. You can write in about any and everything, whether you've got a question, you've come up with a fun game, or you want to perhaps rank the staff members on different criteria. We love and appreciate all of your email Spirit score spirit Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, apparently as you guys think it's better if it's higher, I guess I get it, like we if.
Speaker 2: You are an actual like a shoot reverend, a shoot monk, shoot priest, your email about our spirit score will be ranked higher in our system.
Speaker 1: So yes, yes, yes, uh so you know we we allow any type of email to hit the BombCast email inbox. So why didn't know and send an email this week? What the heck?
Speaker 3: Yeah we were This is official call for emails.
Speaker 2: Oh look at Carmen San Diego review code.
Speaker 3: Does it come with a with a encyclopabia?
Speaker 2: I don't know, red happens with that? And like it's rockapella that.
Speaker 4: The word Britannic, Britannia, Britannica. Maybe this is just a very white thing of me very Uh.
Speaker 1: Might be careful.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's a very important sounding word, Britannica Encyclopaedia.
Speaker 4: Of course, this has to be the most important book ever.
Speaker 2: The BombCast email is how I found out that former os U head coach Jim Tressel has been appointed Lieutenant govern state.
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, so I've had to do a lot of calling of the BombCast email address, and this is just going to invite more bat ship things to it. But we can go down the line of newsletters. We want to go that ch I met Jim Tressel.
Speaker 4: He's he was dan at YSU, where I'm alumni for a long time. That was his gig there after coaching Ohio State University for a good while there.
Speaker 1: Watch Time Magazine sent an update. Uh you we can go buy these old watches. There's a lot of five hundred protect Philippe Ellipse watches available. Also Hasbro Pulse transformers Hearts of Steel toys available soon.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That one transformer is a train and rob.
Speaker 2: For Cleveland dot Com. Because it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: I someone keeps signing us up for that because I have unsubscribed for it Samsung. You can switch up and save get up to one thousand dollars in total savings. Wow, oh my gosh, thank you for sending us that email. A President's Day sale I think is coming up if you want to buy a mattress, buy flowers for your loved ones. Guys, voodoo donuts, he's gonna have.
Speaker 3: We had.
Speaker 4: I had a meeting for work this week and I was like, all right, not to sound incredibly single, but is Valentine's Day this week?
Speaker 3: I'm not got a good laugh.
Speaker 1: Yep, I don't. I'm not going to click on this because I don't want to give anyone money. But in this one email newsletter, it just says, put bananas in your garden and just watch.
Speaker 4: And it's like a life hack and it's just like fertilizer. Not because they will sprout more bananas, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's good. I didn't want to ask any questions because me not understanding something is not uh what the call back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually, where are the seeds for bananas? So don't they be in the ignorant questions?
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: They used to be a lot bigger and a lot like rock here, and that's why it was difficult for us to eat. So they've been like shrunken by science over time, so you don't really see them, but they're like they're like the little black parts in the middle.
Speaker 3: I've been doing a lot of avocado stuff lately. I had one this morning, and boy, you talk about just a mighty seed situation, and that's just like the most prominent, Like god damn, this is like half the fucking thing. It's fun to get it out there when you like get your like lote knife and you do that, and then everything about avocados are great. If you get one that's ready to go. It's fun getting the pit out. It's fun cutting in half. And then when you do the little like crisscross tik tac toe thing. Yeah, I get it all ready to scoop out a spoon. You get it in there and your poppet, it's oh, man, avocados.
Speaker 2: Are you using like you're using a knife to cut it open? Yeah, okay. People do tend to cut themselves to open avocados and ripe enough.
Speaker 3: Like this morning, I just use the butter knife the same wine I used to spread it on the toast. Yeah, that's good. And seriously, last night I made fucking I made salmon, potatoes and asparagus and it was all great, but I still can't get over this fucking potato stuff. It is so I put. I used butter for the first time, and h holy I used a bunch of time. Uh oh, it's very good. Wait, no, I've I've done jos fr seasoning.
Speaker 1: Don't even like, holy shit, for the first time. No, no, grub, We're not gonna We're not gonna do it. We're not gonna do it for.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I literally looked up here's the deal. I read, so I find out what you need to cook them at at what temperature, and then I just have a note in my phone. So I always looked like, okay, potatoes four hundred degrees for thirty minutes or whatever. But I decided to look up a different recipe last night because I wanted to make it with the asparagus. So I looked up specifically potatoes and asparagus Recie, and that was the one that threw in the little butter hack, and I did the butter Oh my god. Yeah, the butter hack is the hack for all foods. Speaking of all foods, why is every now that I'm doing this all the time, fucking everything is olive oil. You just go nuts with olive oil. Shits on the pan, it's in the mixing bowl, you're tossing your coating.
Speaker 1: What is it like?
Speaker 3: Why is that so I used it to when I see the salmon? Because most most foods in need fat, and olive oil is like one of the a few oils that has a pretty actually distinct flavor that's a little fruitiness, people say, a little nightiness, some very good for you. It's like it's just like this wondrous food though, Like it's like avocados, Like avocudas are delicious and they're good for you.
Speaker 2: You there's a video from a youtube'sman talking about like you probably haven't had real olive oil. You should watch that because you should try to track down the real stuff or at least uh you don't have to get like real Italian olive oil oil, but you want real olive oil that really.
Speaker 1: Does make Giada Delorentis baby, she has their own brand of olive oil. I want to get a single You want to get a single origin olive oil? Dan?
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, you're be careful with the potatoes though, right, Like that's a sometime food.
Speaker 3: You know, why are you saying, well, they.
Speaker 2: Because they they've killed people in the colon.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not eating like twenty in a sitting.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, I just make sure you don't like think that that's equivalent to eating like a side of vegetables or something.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I I like to do some potatoes and I'll have some asparagus or something like green beans or something.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I know, it's still like it's still better for me than everything I was eating before. Yea bake. Eating potatoes like that is better than eating French fries for swee potatoes love swoo potatoes too, even better for y Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had potatoes and green beans last night, was in some olive oil and all that stuff, and I was like, hey, I'm having a DAN dinner. Yeah, associations are changing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I asked a blue sky because I was this this thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so like you know, some of my needs to nephews, they'll call, you know.
Speaker 4: You get the part of the grated parmesan cheese and like the green container and it's very fine and like the kids in my life would call that sprinkle cheese.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I thought that was cute cheese I've heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was at subway and like the just like the older lady in front of me ask for sprinkle cheese, Like I wonder that's a regional thing. So I posted it and like that, you know what not asking and I should have knows what's coming. But the amount of people who are just like, that's not even real cheese. It's insult to it and all stuff.
Speaker 3: I was just like I always thought the parmesan like I thought that was the only form of it. Like I only would hear about parmesan cheese in the Shaker. And I didn't realize until like my thirties that like, oh, you can just buy like a block or you know, grated. Yeah, and it's very good when you do. It tastes good.
Speaker 4: But you see even it's like, look, guys, like I love getting the block and bring it. Sometimes I like this seizing the Shakers stuff. It's fine, awesome, I go with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had perhaps one of the best meals of my life while I was down in l A. I had oxtail meatballs and then the piece of resistance was tempora fried squash blossoms filled with.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds pretty good suns Italian multibedle.
Speaker 3: I now could no longer boast of one hundred success rate on my Domino's pizza, speaking of parmesan that I put on, because you know, Hanson came over for the Super Bowl and I was like, oh have you seen have you tried my special pizza? And he gave me a ship for calling it my special pizza? And I was like, you listen to every video game podcast ever, I would assume, and I tried to explain. He's like, let's get a normal one too, So we got a normal one and the gimmick pizza, and he tried it. He was not blown away. But he doesn't like Ranch. He's weird about by Ranch, and that's a critical component of my gimmick pizza. So man, I wish I didn't like Ranch. So it's not one hundred percent anymore. Hanson did not care for my special pizza.
Speaker 2: Also, I did realize that my pasta thing anti pasta. I love anti pasta or anti pasta. Yeah, yeah, exactly. I thought about that as well. Like it. He like Bretch.
Speaker 3: He's in lunch meat fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well no, like no, like when you get it from Okay, No, you're right, you got me. Yeah. Yeah. Sometimes there's some pickled peppers or something. There's a lot of peppers.
Speaker 3: What is this ship? This magic thing that I didn't know existed. Now I'm having a lot of sandwiches for lunch. We had a lot of turkey sandwiches, and I have the murder breadder bread. That's really good. So I get murder bread turkey. Uh yeah, murder what's murder? It's that company where it's murderers that make your bread and it's like, uh, they're in like oregular days. That's it. Yes, yes, murder bread.
Speaker 4: Like it's just like this's just like that that red wine company thirteen crimes or whatever.
Speaker 3: What do you Oh, I just call it murder bread. So it's yeah, murder bread, turkey, a couple of lot of protein. But then there's this gimmick thing that uh Bok bought and it's just it's like gr delli peppers is there? Like I think it's is it? Really? It's got a real tang to it and they are really tiny little peppers and like a greenish sauce type thing. Oh, my god, the flavor is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Very do you know what's happening there?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: Bacteria? Mm hmm Jordan Narra, Yeah, yeah. Do you put when you when you pickle stuff, when you put it in a Brian you're letting. The bacteria is from like kind of ferment, which doesn't always mean tying alcohol.
Speaker 3: You don't like when food's fermented, right, I don't like bacteria. I don't like fermenting. I don't like it makes it taste good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You know what's so fermented bread? That's wheat, brother sweet and yep, and then sugars in it forments. That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. Oh my god, I'm just going to get into the baking scene and become main event jan and then just go used good. Alright, alright.
Speaker 2: We could get one email from Avocado Stuff says, when did you use butter for the first time?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, visible butter was my thirties. What so here's the deal. You know, I don't like spreads, I don't like ketchup mustard anything. I didn't like like ranch all the stuff. I didn't try that shit until like college. For the most part, A lot of it, I still haven't had. So I wouldn't eat visible bread. So if I got a roll at Thanksgiving, because the only time I would have like real food as a child was it like Thanksgiving. We'd go to my grandma's place and she would have a whole like spread of stuff, and I would just get a roll with no butter because the butter looked crazy to me. But I was having macaroni and cheese like eighty times a week, and I would ask that my mom. I could tell that, like when she would use a ton of butter, it tasted better. So I would like double the butter in macaroni cheese because it tasted so fucking good. But you couldn't see because it was all kind of like, you know, in this morphous cheese pasta bowl thing.
Speaker 2: You know you want your food to be a morphous yes, And.
Speaker 3: So I would not try butter if I could see it, like, and I've never had butter on corn on the cob or anything like that.
Speaker 1: You've had any popcorn?
Speaker 3: Yes, and melted butter is fainted like movie theater. I would fill half the fucking bucket with the AMC butter. I remember, I was probably in my thirties when I tried butter on bread for the first time, and I was like, this is fucking great, Like this is incredible. Breads so much less dry, so much more flavorable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they really onto something with that whole bread and butter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I'm fine with I like butter across you guys, invisible butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, I think you should try avocado oil.
Speaker 3: I had that, I've had that cook with and stuff. Yeah, canola oil, avocado oil, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to use if you're going to like cook something in oil for a while and at high temperatures, that's when you want to use avocado oil instead of olive oil, because all of oil could burn.
Speaker 3: Avocado oil not very lucky to burn.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: I have learned that as I use it to see your chicken and stuff like that. Yeah, Now I pat down the meat so it's not all from the souv bag. Normally, if it has water in it, it fucking explodes all over you. So that's why down usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pad down your meat, just like you do at a rainforest cafe, folks.
Speaker 2: And that's gonna do. It's been a rainforest cafe. There was a fall up from avocado stuff, says Brining's that fermentation? No, but it causes fermentation, like, yeah, that's fermentive vegetables, that's what. Like, all that stuff is kim chi. I've been eating a lot of it.
Speaker 3: I don't like it's very good for you. Oh my gosh, you're what that thing you're just talking about pickled? Yes, I don't know what you're talking about, but no, it's not. You can't remember and a food hack that you love.
Speaker 4: I can't never say whatever jor didn't read Jordania. Yeah, whatever, the stuff with the pickled carrots and gas and.
Speaker 3: Everything, Yeah, that's definitely pickled.
Speaker 1: Folks. If you want to my gosh, if you want to start sending in emails, please please send them in. If you don't, If we don't read at least three to four emails a week, Mike Minatti does not get paid. We withhold his paycheck. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also, was there actually paperwork or was this like territory wrestling handshake agreement?
Speaker 2: It was barely a handshake right now.
Speaker 1: Nope, And I hope you didn't I know what he did. But yeah, very very good bit Mike, folks, bombcastigiant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails two. For the rest of this week, Game Yester Mornings popping off right gro that's.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll be back in action. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: We will be talking over the state of play popping off tomorrow. There will be a voicemail dumb truck. We'll have a very special BCR later this week. We'll talk about some games. Perhaps we may stream some games as well. But also, folks, get your popcorn ready, get your popcorn and your visible butter out, because tomorrow is a new season of Blight Club.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, you will.
Speaker 2: Get paid for that.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about the beginning of the Blightening round, in which all of our games are We've among us we seemed confused by the definitely I feel like you guys have said two episodes four hours max, and I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that was like supposed to be like a very outer possibility. But that's fine. I feel like the picks.
Speaker 3: Are within that. I feel actually, manatis is the shortest you're shortly Well, where's the thing, Mike. I don't want to say too much, but how long to beat? It's very short on it, but I've tried to game.
Speaker 4: It's probably some bullshit puzzle game or really hard platform that they know how to beat.
Speaker 3: We'll see ye.
Speaker 2: Same for dance dances, like I think the how long to beat might be like fifteen minutes or something like that, But I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take I don't I know. Jeff wasn't though, oh what.
Speaker 4: The few times my life I was worried he was maybe shoot hot was when he was like, how long.
Speaker 2: Is my blightening round game? Because it's like, I'm like, oh my god, these minds are gonna be like five times longer and it's gonna be that thing again. But now it's at this point Mike, who cares whatever.
Speaker 4: Then laterally you're like, actually, Mike, heres is gonna maybe take longer to Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fast. Is gonna be fast, I think because it's one that I specifically you have tried to figure out and play many times and really came up short. So I want to I want to see this thing through.
Speaker 2: Steph came downstairs yesterday. She's like, make him play Home Improvement, Like she's.
Speaker 3: The one where you shoot the you shoot the staple gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you would dressed me up as as Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would, we would dress you up as the guy behind the fence.
Speaker 1: In front of him.
Speaker 2: This conversation so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we could put a jpeg over you.
Speaker 2: But you've build fences.
Speaker 1: He has to make the fences. That's so good. Okay, okay, all right, all right, folks, that about does it this week for this week's giant bomb, Cass, thank you for joining us. You've been lovely. I hope no one writes a series of diss tracks dedicated to you, but maybe if they do, you might deserve it. Perhaps also be a better friend than Goku. All Right, go visit your friends. Okay, he's been Mike, he's been daying, he's been grubbed. I've been saying we will see you next week fall or.
Speaker 2: Another episode of the Job.
Speaker 6: I'm he like Jack Bie Jack, Bie Jack, Bbie Jack, Babie Jack, Babie Jack, Bie Jack, bie Jack, Bobie Jacke