Speaker 1: Do you want to be an americanity?
Speaker 2: Scott Sloan in recovery.
Speaker 3: From shoulder surgery, he said he was fine until the nerve block wore off, and then all bets were off, and so here I am in his stead. Gary Jeff Walker on seven hundred WLW, we start this morning show with one of my favorite guests all time. He was an editor and a columnist for the Cincinnati Inquirer for years, the Tucson Citizen before that, and then he formed Chili Dog Press, and through that outlet he has written and published great books about local history, including not in our Town, as I like to say, from organized Crime and Forbidden Fruit to organized Crime in Not in Our Town, The Man who Saved Cincinnati, about the Civil War. It's our conversation with Peter Brunson. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm here and I'm glad to be here with you. Gary Jeff. We always have a good time.
Speaker 3: New book is Promised Land, How the Midwest was one, and it's talking about everything right here in the Cincinnati area in its very origins, the beginnings of the founding of you know, towns and absolutely settlements, the very first people who moved to Cincinnati when this was a danger zone unlike any other called the Miami slaughter House because of the attacks by the Shawnee and Miami Indian tribes were so vicious and so brutal.
Speaker 4: These people risked everything to come and settle Cincinnati, and their lives were unbelievable.
Speaker 2: They were some fantastic people.
Speaker 3: So telling me that the indigenous peoples who inhabited this particular piece of the continent at the time were not necessarily peaceful of fellow human being, loving kind of folks that you know that the Indian may have had a tear in his eye, but that's maybe just blood spattered from the person that he just took care of. These wonderful, conserving and thoughtful human beings who were run over by the white settler.
Speaker 2: Those people, they.
Speaker 4: Were very brutal, not only to the settlers, but they had been brutal to each other for centuries before that. Yes, and you have to also throw in the wild card here, which is that the British were inciting a lot of this violence because they had lost the Revolutionary War and they were not happy about that. So at their ford in Detroit, they paid the Indians one hundred dollars for live hostages and fifty dollars for each scalp. So they were just a lot like terrorism today. They were incentivizing these terrorists, these Indians, to go ahead and take scalps as many as they could get and hostages, especially women and children.
Speaker 3: So it's the same thing as say George Soros using uninformed college students as a foil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or the way that suicide bombers in the Middle East are paid by Hamas and these other terrorist organizations ISAs same thing. Only this goes all the way back to the seventeen eighties and seventeen nineties. And I was really fascinated by the research because I always knew about the scalping. I always knew that it was dangerous, I had no idea how dangerous. How many people were taken, tortured, killed, and the degree of violence, the barbarity of it is really breathtaking. Now, there was violence on both sides. A lot of the whites also scalped because.
Speaker 3: But they were also very fine people on both sides, right people, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'd go that far. There were, no doubt, some good people on both sides. But what the thing is the white people did scalp Indians.
Speaker 2: But they did not win in Rome.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did not take captives and torture them for days at a time. That's what really separated this is that the ritual torture of their captives became a big entertainment for the tribes, where the whole tribe would turn out and enjoy this and participate.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing is really shocking.
Speaker 3: You'll see the occasional historical marker in northern Kentucky and around Greater Cincinnati. I think the one in Newport says founded in it's seventeen eighty eight ers.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, northern Kentucky was settled first, right, and that's because the Ohio River marked the boundary at which the Shawnee and Miami said you shall not enter or enter at your own risk, because that was their territory. Kentucky was considered a neutral kind of honting ground that was shared by all the tribes. So although they they they called him depredations, which were the attacks they had as many depredations in some ways more in northern Kentucky and as far south as Lexington. When Boone and Simon Kenton settled Kentucky and blazed that path. But it was the Revolutionary War veterans who came to Ohio and they were first to step on the northern bank and set up what they called stations, which were forts like Fort Washington. And they were the first ones to do that, and void did they pay a price.
Speaker 2: Well, we know that Cincinnati was.
Speaker 3: A spot during our Civil War, yes, where slaves could come across from slave territory to free territory, the front door to freedom, front order freedom. And you've written about that extensively in the past. But in this book and Promised Land, How the Midwest was won by Peter Bronson, you talk about a national conspiracy to create a slave empire that was born in Cincinnati. This is a fantastic chapter.
Speaker 4: It was a guy named George Washington Bickley, and he founded an organization called the Knights of the Golden Circle. Now I only touched on that in The Man who Saved Cincinnati and mentioned it, but I was fascinated by it, so I dug deeper. And this was a tremendously large organization. They had chapters in Illinois, Indiana, New York City, New York, State of New York, California, Texas, all throughout the South, and their chapters could have as many ten thousand people in these states.
Speaker 2: Ohio had a huge chapter.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati was well represented in the Knights of the Golden Circle. And it was a secret society whose goal it was to create a slave empire that would encompass all the southern states of the Confederacy and then extend into Central and South.
Speaker 2: America and Cuba. Wow.
Speaker 4: And this slave empire was meant to be as prosperous and powerful as North America, so that they would set up a country, a region that would rival the North and have as much political power and military power so they could protect their slave empire. And it was it was quite a conspiracy. They also plotted to kill Abraham Lincoln. Well, I mean that's probably not surprising, you know. In the same respect, well, it is.
Speaker 3: Almost constonable to think of the two attempts be they failed on President Trump during this campaign. That very much mirrors I think the sentiments of a divided nation that we were facing in eighteen sixty with the election of Abraham Lincoln. And it gives me worry and gives me pause to think about what the other side is going to do. Should Donald Trump win the election next week. I don't worry about whether Donald Trump accepts the results of the election. I'm more concerned with whether the left accepts the results of an election if they don't win, because they are seemingly a win at all cost.
Speaker 4: Crew and I agree, there's a lot of concern and a lot of people have brought up this comparison of the Civil War Antebellum Antebellum era which was proceeding leading up to the Civil War, and how divided we were. I'm telling you, Gary, Jeff, there were so many parallels when I researched these books. In eighteen sixty, Lincoln was so unpopular that in Kentucky, where he was born, he only received one percent of the vote. He was stricken from the ballot in eleven states. Remember they tried to do that with Trump exactly. People began threatening him even before he took office. In fact, there was a threat an attempt to assassinate him in Cincinnati in eighteen sixty when he was on his way to his inauguration. And this is very similar to what we're seeing today. This was a nation so divided, we had violence breaking out all across the country. We had bloodshed. We had brother against brother, family against family, and this was all leading up to the Civil War. We had a governm that suspended basic civil rights, that suppressed the right of free speech.
Speaker 2: Free speech was extremely dangerous.
Speaker 4: If you went on Fountain Square in Cincinnati and gave a speech about abolition, you could be stoned. If you gave a speech about secession, you could be shot.
Speaker 2: These are the things that.
Speaker 4: Happened in those days that we can say, hmm, that sounds very familiar.
Speaker 3: It also sounds like areas that we do not need to venture back into as a country, but have sadly just in the era of Donald Trump. And I don't blame the president for that. I blame the just, the violent and unforgiving left for that rhetoric and the Trump derangement syndrome that does not have a valid leg to stand on. No matter what people on the left have said, well, of course I have Trump derangement syndrome. Any sane person would Yes, I saw that, thank you.
Speaker 4: That is like a confession, like, yes, I'm a Trump arrangement syndrome person.
Speaker 2: My name is I can't help myself. Like it's like an AA meeting.
Speaker 3: Yes for polydios my wife calls him politio idiots.
Speaker 2: So back to the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: How the Midwest was one Peter Brons and our guest, the mysterious mound builders you're talking about, and this is going back even beyond the Miami and the Shawnee.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, these would be the ancestors of the Indian tribes that we're familiar with. And the mound builders culture was existing as far as thirteen thousand years ago. But the mounds we can trace to about three thousand years ago. Okay, and it's amazing, but we don't even most of us don't know this history right in our backyard, but in all of our communities Indian Hill, Terrace Park, Marymont, Milford, right down to downtown Cincinnati. These mounds existed when these settlers arrived. They were huge. Many of them were amazingly designed to almost unbelievable exact specifications. They'd have perfect circles that were half a mile across. They had these incredible mounds and earthworks that they didn't have modern engineering tools, they didn't have any of the equipment were accustomed to, and yet they built these incredibles like the Serpent Mound. Yeah, exactly, And so I got into researching who were these people and what were they all about. Well, what we can figure out is that they worshiped serpents. We can tell that, uh, they engaged in human sacrifice. We found that out from the excavations n people. Yeah, many of the sacrifices were young women and children and mass graves. They may have they probably it's almost certain that they engaged in cannibalism of eating their victims and their prisoners and their enemies. And we can tell this from the way that you'll find bones near fires, evidence of fires, and the bones show evidence of being scraped and used as a meal.
Speaker 2: You know, cannibals know how good people really are.
Speaker 4: So these are the ancestors of these vicious tribes. And some of that stuff hangs over you can see it. The torture, the entertainment of torturing victims who are their enemies.
Speaker 3: So that kind of brutality still existed. Well, I mean, you didn't have Netflix. You needed something to right everybody.
Speaker 4: Let's get together. We got a new prisoner, who's got any ideas.
Speaker 3: Come on by the hut. We're gonna do some torture to It'll be a blast.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Also in the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: You write about Cincinnati's twin sisters, who say Texas, Yes. How did twin sisters from Cincinnati saved Texas?
Speaker 4: Another amazing forgotten chapter in Cincinnati history. So in eighteen thirty six, Texas was fighting for its life against Santa Ana and the Mexican army. We all know the story of the Alamo. We may not know the story of Goliad, which was as bad or worse, where hundreds of Texians they call them Texians because they were Mexicans Mexico. Mexico owned Texas territory at that time and it was a province of Mexico, so they were Texians meaning Mexicans Texans and hundreds of those guys who fought Mexico were taken prisoner at Goliad and marched out under the pretense of gathering wood and executed.
Speaker 2: This was when people say remember the Alamo.
Speaker 4: Back in those days, they would say remember the Alamo, or they would say rem Goliad. So Texas was struggling. They were being defeated by Santa Anna. He had thousands against their hundreds, and he was marching through Texas taking no prisoners.
Speaker 2: He was a brutal brutal guy.
Speaker 4: So at this time Texas sent their ambassador an amazing name.
Speaker 2: He can't make this up. His name was Picky Un Smith.
Speaker 3: Picky Un Smith, Yes, I remember Picky Un Smith back in the fall of fifty four, and they were all gathered around the fire.
Speaker 2: Picky Un Smith. What a great name name.
Speaker 4: So he comes up, and he sent to Cincinnati, which was then a huge city. It was the westernmost city in the US that was as powerful as it was. And he sent to Cincinnati, and he comes and he tells these leading families of Cincinnati who were all descended from these same settlers who had fought for their liberty and independence in Ohio to Frio from oppression of the British and the Indians. And he comes and tells them what's going on in Texas well. Contrary to the National Neutrality Act, even our local congressmen participated in a conspiracy that was illegal that they could have lost everything and been sent to prison. They participated in a conspiracy to raise arms for Texas, which was in effect was buying cannons that they named the Twin Sisters. Texas had no cannons, and they bought these two cannons they forged them right here in Cincinnati. They put them on a boat and took them all the way down to New Orleans and then shipped them over to Texas. And these cannons saved Texas at the Battle of Sanya Sinto at Sanya Sinto. Without those cannons, Texas independence would not even have existed. And it's very possible that a lot of Texas, as we know know what today would probably be part of Mexico, still be part of Mexico if not for Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Our conversation with Peter Bronson.
Speaker 3: More ahead on seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff and for Scott's Loan today on this Monday morning, eight days away from election day, Our conversation with Peter Bronson part uh here on seven hundred WLW. And great to have you in the studio. I know you like being in the studio. I love having guests in the studio too, because you get the you get the eye to eye contact.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so much better, and it's it's just more natural and more fun than being on the phone.
Speaker 2: Plus, the phone is always kind of awkward.
Speaker 3: You can't see people's facial expressions on the phone.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: I can't read when you're trying to tell me to shut up exactly exactly, but there are some physical cues that you can see.
Speaker 2: Oh no, i'd go that far.
Speaker 3: We're talking a little bit about as we are eight days away from the election, nerd uh, about some of the parallels I see in my life with candidate Kamala and her. I'm surprised at it. Well, I was much younger. I probably was smoking pot, and I didn't care much about whatever paper I had to finish, just thinking that, you know what, I'm smart enough that I can just baffle them with my bs and I'll be fine, and I'll just cruise along, even though I didn't prepare and I didn't do the work till the very last minute in a rush, or didn't study for that test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I know that feeling.
Speaker 3: And I had a history teacher named mister Jones, and my junior year in school American history. Mister Jones was kind of a hard ass. Those are the best teachers usually, and he was. He did wind up being one of my favorite teachers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the ones that want to be your friend, we don't remember those, do we. No, we remember the ones who said I'm going to be your teacher.
Speaker 3: Right, and you really need to learn the material or you're not going to pass this class exactly. And I remember turning in a paper I forget what it was on because I really didn't study or do any leg work on it, and turned in a paper that I rushed through at the last minute. It was all the word salad cities you see from Kamala Harris in every interview.
Speaker 4: Just string together. It's many words with big syllables. It's right, more, the more multi syllabic, the better. Get the ten dollars word book.
Speaker 3: And don't say anything of any substance whatsoever in this long string of YadA, YadA YadA. And and I thought it was at least b material because I worked. I had a lot of ten dollars words in it, uh huh in the paper and the syntax was perfect.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, my grammar was good. Huh. But it didn't say anything about the subject. I said nothing of any substance.
Speaker 3: And I wound up getting I just barely got a d oh my gosh on the paper. And I learned my lesson from that point to not, you know, engage myself in conversations. If I've got no knowledge of the subject matter and she does it on a regular basis, Oh boy, absolutely, you were talking about either JD. Vance or Elon Musk said this about a Kamala Harris campaign slogan, and let's go ahead and hear it from Kamala herself.
Speaker 6: If you don't mind, well, if anything, that's not it what you have done something differently than President Biden during the past four years.
Speaker 2: There is done a thing that comes to mind that should be her, that should be her campaign slogan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like a bumper sticker Kamala Harris. Not a thing comes to mind.
Speaker 3: So I mean outside of our obvious partisanship for willing the country to remain a free republic and not supporting Kamala Harris. Your thoughts as we get here to this last moment. Point, of course, early voting has been going on in Ohio for a while. It starts in the Commonwealth of Kentucky where I live on Thursday, and I am still an election day voter.
Speaker 2: Did you vote already? I have voted already.
Speaker 4: I always do absentee ballot, okay, and I like to get it done quickly.
Speaker 2: I do all my research.
Speaker 4: I go on the web and look up everybody.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm optimistic, but I will not believe it till I see it, because there's just so many ways that optimistic about the President Trump regaining that we're going to get a new office, as the other side might put it, we're going to get a new direction.
Speaker 2: They promised a new direction.
Speaker 4: Well really they're promising more of the same, which is high inflation, open borders, terribly weak foreign policy, incompetence. I mean, look, this is the party that gave us a mentally incompetent president for four years and totally lied about it every day for four years, with the willing complicity of the media to tell us and the vice president and the vice president to tell us he was sharp as attack. And then when they finally couldn't sustain that fraud any further, then they pulled a bait and switch and pushed in a candidate who has not received a single vote. And then they turn around and talk about the Republicans being anti democracy? Can there be anything less democratic than that?
Speaker 3: They ought to be called the hypocritic party, not the democratic party, because they always do what they're accusing Republicans of every every single time.
Speaker 2: The projection is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Psychologists would have a they could hold a whole year's conference on the projection of one political party. But where I am now, I think is besides being optimistic, I'm sort of at the point where fatigue with the rhetoric, fatigue with the reckless rhetoric.
Speaker 2: Everybody's tired.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've got a party that has now resorted to dropping the atomic bomb of political campaigns by labeling their opponent hitler.
Speaker 2: This is just absolutely.
Speaker 3: Something that it's something that they do every four years when they're running against the Republic. They did it to Reagan. They said he was going to start World War three nuclear war. This is you know, this is this is a man who was a totalitarian, who's going to be a tyrant, Yeah, a.
Speaker 2: Tired old king.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently I forgot to do that the first four years exactly.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But they did it with Reagan, they did it with Romney, they did it with McCain.
Speaker 2: I know, they're all hitler. It's at the last ditch moment, isn't.
Speaker 4: This like though, It's like something that you do when you're losing an argument with your spouse and you're both screaming, and then something comes out of your mouth that you regret for the rest of your life, and you turner and you say you're Hitler. You know, it's like this is it's so stupid and infantile and reckless. Because there are people out there, Garry Jeffy, we know this, and we've seen twice examples that there are lunatics out there who are willing to take that rhetoric and act on it and trying to because wouldn't it stand to logic and reason that if there were truly Adolf Hitler was truly running for president of the United States, that would be a disaster.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Hillary Clinton said that Trump was marking the rally in Madison Square Garden in nineteen thirty nine by Nazis with his with his campaign rally.
Speaker 2: He attended there exactly exactly. I mean, it's just beyond.
Speaker 4: The writer in The Atlantic said that literally hitlerrup Trump was Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini all rolled into one. Yes and literally Hitler. Do they even know the term what it means? The definition of literally, I don't think so. That would mean that Hitler has somehow been he lived for all this time and was never in fact killed in his bunker, or that he's been somehow resurrected as some Frankin Hitler, and that he is actually in the body of What are they?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with these people?
Speaker 3: Well, if that was their October surprise, they've pulled it before and it didn't work, then it's not going to work.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the book Promised Land for just a moment, because Mark has a question about this newest book by Peter Bronson, the author of the Man who Saved Cincinnat Had he not in our town Forbidden Fruit and now Promised Land? How the Midwest was one? And you talked about the mound people. The people have built mounds in this area some three thousand years ago. Yes, that you discovered and uncovered Mark, you had some more tidbits on the mounds.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, there, Jeff, My mind is turned into a pumpkin right now with you guys talking about that. But anyway, we had I live in urple iiO. We have mounds. There's actually two mounds in Urplehio.
Speaker 7: And that guy made so much sense. I didn't.
Speaker 1: You guys didn't mention that. But we have several of those and when I was a kid, Well, we have a park there and they used to have they re enacted Indian stuff there and it was I'm the cool one. You as a kid, I didn't have any idea what it was about.
Speaker 8: And one Peter.
Speaker 5: Brought that up.
Speaker 8: That just brought back a lot of memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, there were there were.
Speaker 3: I mean, they were very prolific building mounds in this area. There were mounds all over and in fact, in fact.
Speaker 4: The mountains in Newark are on the They had been listed by the United Nations UNESCO among the world's most Significant Historic Sites, on the same list with the Ancient Pyramids and the Great Wall of China. That's how significant these mounds are. And Newark has one of the most, the hugest, the biggest earthworks in the North American continent.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. I was up there.
Speaker 4: There are pictures of it in my book, and we actually talk about the Newark Earthworks. And you're probably familiar with the Mound Builders country club up there, right.
Speaker 2: He's going, oh, okay, he dropped off.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a golf course up there that was built in nineteen nineteen I think it was nineteen ten, right, on the earthworks, and some of their greens are surrounded by perfect circles that were left three thousand years ago.
Speaker 2: So forget about Arnold Palmer designing your course.
Speaker 4: The Mound Builders, the Mound Builders Country Club, they have lost now in their battle, their long running battle against the State of Ohio, because the State of Ohio wanted to take that property by Eminent Domaine and set it aside as a historic site for the public, and the Mound Builders Country Club finally lost that battle. So that is being turned into a public park and the Mound Builders Country Club will be no more after this year.
Speaker 3: We keep on, let's go back to the election. I know I'm hop scotch back and forth here, but you keep hearing this repeated over and over again. This is the most consequential election in American history. This is so important, and I'm sorry. I think that's part of the fatigue for a lot of people because we have heard that before. Yes, it may be truer now than it's ever been, but at the same time, just hearing it's like the DEM's calling Trump Hitler. After a while, you desensitize, and this is the business model of it. There are a lot of people in this country who believe it or not, think that the presidential elections really don't.
Speaker 4: Matter and they won't change any fortunately, but you know there are a lot of the business model of the cable networks is basically to take every news story and turn it up to spinal taps eleven on the ten scale, so everything is the most consequential, the existential threat. We've heard that a million times existential threat. No, we're all going to be living after election day. We're all going to have to live together after election day.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 4: And I think people need to sit back, take a deep breath, and say, ask yourself, how will I deal with this if my.
Speaker 2: Loses things don't go my way?
Speaker 4: Will I be just as eager to condemn the people who refuse to accept it on my side as I would on the other side. There's a question that everybody should ask. So if it doesn't go your way, what we have to do is get along anyway and make sure we can make the best of it for our nation.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I'm at the point now where.
Speaker 4: I want to see it just get over with and let's move on to the next chapter and deal with whatever happens. And the notion that this somehow that if my side loses, that somehow gives me permission to go out and burn buildings, or burn cars, or flip over cars, or hurt people, or throw riots and throw a tantrum in the streets. That is despicable, deplorable, illegal, and should be punished with the every tool of that.
Speaker 3: There shouldn't be a double standard about it. There were grandmothers and grandfathers still in prison for being at the capitol on January sixth, twenty twenty one, and they committed no acts of violence.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly, just for being there.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, never forget this, the people who were burning and looting for Black lives Mattern Antifa in the wake of the George Floyd and in the middle of the George Floyd riots that were mostly peaceful. Not when you're burning buildings and the governor of your state I said, I really love the smell of burning tires. This man could be your vice president, timbally. But when you hear this from that other side, and then people like Kamala Harris are literally contributing money to bail out the people who were committing very violent acts against their fellow citizens, against law enforcement against any structure of authority simply because.
Speaker 2: They just wanted to throw a tantrum. They were little children.
Speaker 4: Well, and you make a really good point there, because this is what makes it so important to me personally, is what I have seen as the weaponization of our government against people who disagree with government. That is, to me, the definition of tyranny. And we've seen that indisputably with the law fair trying to put a presidential candidate in jail. We've seen it with the selective prosecution by our Attorney General, Meyrick Garland, who goes after parents who protest at a school board meeting.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: The FBI who raids mar Lago, the home of a former president, who then selectively decides there will be no prosecution of Joe Biden for doing exactly, in fact, worse things with federal documents.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he wasn't even entitled to have those federal documents because the ones he had were from a senator and a vice president.
Speaker 2: Only the president.
Speaker 3: Only the president has the purview of deciding which document or qualify classified in which aren't. He can declassify at a whim any president, but Joe Biden wasn't president.
Speaker 2: Well, no he was.
Speaker 4: In fact, his was a serious crime. So and that's just the Justice Department. Now let's go back to the irs with where we're supposed to get eighty seven thousand agents, eighty seven thousand new agents with an unlimited budget, and let's add huge amounts of ammown weapons to come and knock on your door and do a personal audit. Come on, this is ridiculous. This is crazy town. And then you can go to the NSA, the CIA.
Speaker 2: UGUS purposely ignoring my immigration law.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's like the whole government has suddenly gone off the rails since Obama and during his administration, and it's now turned against the American people, all of us bitter clingers who cling to our guns and bibles.
Speaker 3: As Obama said, you know, well, let's finish with this point. And you and I were talking about this before we even started interview. I am not stressed about the result of the election, because ultimately we know who's in charge. Yes, God Almighty is in charge, and if it's God's will, it will happen, This will will be done, and so there's really no reason to worry. But yes, I'm very, very tired of it. This this election cycle has been going on for four years now.
Speaker 4: Actually it goes back way even farther than that, yeah, previous election.
Speaker 2: It goes back to the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: It never stuck with the Russia hoax, never and the Mueller investigation, and on and on and on, all these things to weaponize government, to turn the institutions that were created to protect and serve.
Speaker 2: The American people against the American people. Peter Bronson.
Speaker 3: The book is Promised Land How the Midwest was one available at Chili Dog Press.
Speaker 4: It will be available at Chilidogpress dot com starting Wednesday. Right now, it's available at Joseph Beth Bookstore, Amazon dot com and other local bookstores coming.
Speaker 2: Soon more to com on seven hundred WLW nation y keword on our website, Man Tallard, that's dollar enter it.
Speaker 1: Now, do you want to be an American idiot?
Speaker 2: It's our number two the Scott's Loan Show.
Speaker 3: And I know Sloany's not here, so get over it, Gary Jef Walker and for scotts Loan, and another author.
Speaker 2: Is joining us.
Speaker 3: It's our conversation with Rick Robinson in this hour here on seven hundred WLW. He does not have a new book out, but we have previously, in fact, multiple occasions, talked about his book that was out earlier this year, nineteen sixty eight, and about the similarities and the parallels between nineteen sixty eight and twenty twenty four. We've outlined some of those in the past. Really, I mean, come on, you put me on after Pete Bronson. Really, that's what that's how much you think about you know, it's like all all the all the oxygen has already been sucked out of the room with Pete.
Speaker 2: Now I get to follow it. Follow.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of Jackie Wilson having to follow uh. The first time he had to follow on the on the Motown bus tour. He followed one night uh little Stevie Wonder when he made his first appearance, And Jackie Wilson immediately went to uh the people at Motown and said, don't ever put me on after the blind kid again.
Speaker 2: So, you know, thank you for Peter. He's the guy.
Speaker 3: He's the guy who sucks all the air out of the room and has interesting thing and then you put me on afterwards. Let me put me on first next time in front of the front of you know, what if you're willing. You got to take the deal that it has dealt to you. I guess, rick, uh So, what do you want to talk about? You want to talk about your trip that you took to Italy and spent two weeks drinking wine, convinced that you want to move to Croatia. Do you want to talk about nineteen sixty eight? Do you want to talk about the election that's just a week away? What's on your mind? Well, you know, it's interesting. I think one thing. The just gotten back from Italy are correct. This is our big anniversary trip that we every one of the big five, the Zeros are fives, we take a nice trip. And so we went and took a cruise along the coast of Italy and then went up into Italy for a couple of days also and spent some time there. And what was interesting is that whether it was a small town like one of the stops was in this little little village in Croatia, smaller, smaller population than Covington, all right, And you walk through these ancient ruins, beautiful churches. You know, when you go you got to learn the you know, abc another beautiful church. And that's every village that you go to is just another beautiful church. But as you're walking through, I started recognizing the graffiti that was on the walls, these ancient walls of little villages. And it's a populist movement, a nationalist movement that isn't just happening in America right now.
Speaker 2: You see it happening worldwide. You see it.
Speaker 3: We saw it in Croatia, we saw it in when we caught our connecting flight back through Charles de gaul in Paris. We saw it in in Italy. I understand what you're saying, and I understand why, especially in Europe, where there are all these ancient cultures, you know, and and that were pretty much developed in certain geographic regions, whether it be Italy or Spain, or France or Great Britain England. America was kind of a blend of all those cultures. But in that blending we also developed our own American culture exactly. And people hold those values dear and near and that people want a sense of belonging to a certain place, and they want a sovereignty. And America first is not I don't think it's racist or xenophobic. America first is real, and you're saying that you're seeing this in other places around the globe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was almost as if they were.
Speaker 3: Saying to the EU in and of itself, Yeah, we don't want to play anymore exactly. And that's just an interesting position juxtaposition against what we're having in the current election. Whether it means anything, who knows, but you do feel it when go overseas right now. Well, there's been such just massive vast migration in Europe. Talk about the flood that's happened, and you at our southern border in this country because of this last administration opening the flood gates. But you talk about there are places in France I've been told where you can't even tell it's France anymore. The culture has been completely upended by this massive humanity that has been forced in that the people in this country, whatever country it is, did not ask for or want, but they're leaders allowed to happen. And I think there's going to be some natural kickback against that, and it comes in the form of nationalism of populism. You hit it exactly on the head. And I think what is also interesting is looking back and when we talk about nineteen sixty eight and I talked to about it in the book, and when you and I have talked about it on numerous occasions. One of the things I find it interesting is that while the book I wrote is really focused on local reaction and reaction in a small town of what was going on sixty eight, you have to remember at the same time that that students were protesting the war in Vietnam. There were protests in France, there were protests in Czechoslovakia, there were protests all in Yugoslavia. All of this was happening not so much in a vacuum, just like it isn't happening today in a vacuum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I get it.
Speaker 3: Rick Robinson is our guest here on seven Hundter WLW. The book is in nineteen sixty eight, it's been out for a while. Did you have a lot of Do you have a lot of success with the book? I mean, I hope you hope you had had a great success with the book. We helped promote it. You were you're officially on the payroll now of the show.
Speaker 2: You're you're my euro publicist. But yeah, it did really well.
Speaker 3: And what was what was cool was is the response after people read it, and they would drop me an email, they'd see me out somewhere or whatever, and they come up and they say, man, I want to tell you a story about nineteen sixty eight, and they want to talk about it. They want to tell about it, and it was. It's a great book to think about, the nostalgia and it's bringing back a lot of great memories for people most and a lot of just memories. Some of them aren't good memories, but a lot brought back to what was going on Rick Robinson a week before the election in nineteen sixty eight. Well, you can reference and maybe find some parallel line there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The parallel lines. Don't think we'll find them. I mean it does take a look at you know, you and I are always into the music. What do you think was number one on WSAI?
Speaker 2: I don't know, was it? Hey? Jude?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Jude?
Speaker 3: Hey Jude ruled for the second half of the year. So, but if you listen into w C I N Johnny Taylor, who's making love to.
Speaker 2: Your old lady while you were out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man on the country stations, stand by your man, Tammy Whynette. And at the cinemas you got to see Yellow Submarine not a great movie, a great movie at all. Well, you you have to grow up a little bit and understand the importance of illicit drug activities on the ability to watch things like Yellow Submarine. Well, I think you would when I may have watched it later in life, when I might have used something to make me seem a little bit better. The hell of the changed the words of Yellow Submarine from we all live in a yellow submarine to we all live in a purple pet boat.
Speaker 2: We had fun with that.
Speaker 3: Well, and also it's you know, right now is when the when the the Nixon era is really kind of kinding to it's gone because he would be elected in a week. He would be elected in a week, and as Nixon was always prone to do, running a horrible campaign, nearly letting some of the Humphrey, you know, Humphrey came out of the convention for the Democrats so badly beaten up by the primary process that he had no chance to win. Tamala Harris would never know about some well we talk about that. I mean, neither one of them won a primary, right, you know, Humphrey didn't want to win a primary. So but most of the most of it was done in Calaucus at the time, not primaries when you chose your chose your delegates at the time or your your nominee ye. So but but you look at that, and you look at the things that were that are going on, and there's really a lot of parallels. Again, still, you know, can Humphrey, who's running a better campaign than Nixon is running, catch him in the last week turned out? No, But Nixon didn't come close. To let us see, that's not a parallel at all, because I don't think Kamala Harris is running an effective campaign at all, and I think Donald Trump absolutely is, even though you mentioned Kamala Harris campaigning in Texas where she has little to no chance of winning that state, but it's a big electoral vote state and Donald Trump having the massive rally in Madison Square Garden last night with thousands of people packed house, where Donald Trump, you say, has no chance of winning New York and you know, it hadn't been done for quite a while since Reagan, I believe, because Reagan won every state except for Minnesota in nineteen eighty four eighty four against Walter Mondale. So I mean there's still an outside chance. And I don't believe any of this polling at all, and I haven't for a while. Well polling, I wouldn't say Kamala Harris is running a great campaign and Donald Trump is not. So that doesn't chive with nineteen sixty eight. No, it doesn't. So what I'm one of the things that I don't like polling anymore. And I don't like polling anymore because of cell phones. You can't get a good sample, a valid sample, and a poll anymore with cell phones.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: It Why it used to be that when a pole would be run and you're you're the you're the person making the call. You're giving a list of ten names that we're going that were randomly piter in the phone book, lines that are in the phone book that have landlines, and people were likely more likely to pick them up and talk to you. And if that person you start up with them, you go down to the fifth person on the list. If that person's not there doesn't answer, you got to the one above, the one below, the one above the one below, until you get the filled out sample. Today they don't do that today, they just do the random call going into the cell phone line, and then we're going to apply an algorithm to it by we think what will then be the turnout module. I just look at that and I go, that's a four or five.
Speaker 2: I'm agree.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on this cell phone deal and how it inhibits the ability to get a real feel of how people are feeling and thinking and how they're going to vote. Because if it's not if a call comes in and I don't recognize the number or it's not in my phone book, click, it doesn't get answered. Yeah, click, So how many people are just not answering those calls that are coming in.
Speaker 2: The other thing is the emailing.
Speaker 3: This is something else that's obviously changed since nineteen sixty eight. We didn't have email. I didn't have you know, little computers in our hand everywhere we went. I am bombarded because I don't know how this happened, Rick, but somehow I got on the Republican good list. So I have been I have been personally reached out to by President Trump, by Donald Trump Junior, by Eric Trump, by Laura Trump.
Speaker 2: Uh, everybody everybody wanting money? Do they? Everybody money? Everybody but Baron?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I there seems to be a but my wife is was getting him from the Biden campaign, and I don't know how she got on that list, because that was kind of like somebody made a mistake, made a booboo there.
Speaker 2: Maybe because she's female, they thought.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if but the sample, the sample doesn't work anymore. You now have to apply turnout algorithms, everything else to the thing. Tony Fabrizio, who is currently doing the plant with the polling for the Donald Trump campaign, brilliant guy. Liked the guy a lot. When I ran for Congress years and years ago, I used his his company's polling procedure.
Speaker 2: They did that.
Speaker 3: When you talk to people like Tony and you watch them on TV again, the smartest guy's in the business when it comes to polling. Seems to me that what they're saying is that the only thing we're using polling right now is to look for trends. Look for something happening here, something pushing this vote there, something pushing this demographic meaning different different demographic geographic areas. Right, we're not worried so much about the top lines, but worried about what female voters in North Carolina are thinking. That's where it becomes to a point where if they're a certain part of They're in a certain part of North Carolina. They're thinking, I wish I could find some clean water for my babies right now.
Speaker 5: That you know what.
Speaker 3: That's going to be one of the interesting states on election night for two reasons. Not only for the fact that the horrible devastation. I've got a friend of mine that lives down there. I was talking to him yesterday and just saying, asking how the cleanup's going, Yeah, things of that nature. So you have that, but you also have Mark Robinson, who is now on an island running for governor. And normally you look at can that pull a ticket and that do a ticket. You suddenly saw the Republicans kind of all, you know, put their hands out with him with the problems he had about a month ago, and everybody's kind of staying a little bit of a distance from him. That's going to be one of the states to watch, I think, on election night. But I don't know how well the residents of the Tarheel State are regarding the efforts of Governor Cooper, the Democrat, in the wake of Helene and everything else. I mean, there is a lot of resentment towards the federal government and the state government. And you compare that to Florida, and well, it was different disaster. Ron DeSantis has had to deal with multiple hurricanes in his time as governor.
Speaker 2: He does it very well.
Speaker 3: He's got all the procedures in place, he had people positioned. What happened in North Carolina was a huge I mean, it never happened nominally, it never happens that way in the mountains of North Carolina, and it did. And they just came off as ill prepared, and the federal government their response came off as ill prepared where I thought in Florida, you know, they had a lot of devastation, a lot of power outages and the like, a lot of flooding, but they were ready. Governors are judged in the end by how they responded to emergencies. Right, they can have this agenda, they can have that agenda, they can go through everything. So the island you're talking about that Mark Robinson may be on in North Carolina as Republicans want to try and stay away from whatever. Piccadillo or I didn't even hear what the story was, but uh yeah, I think Governor Cooper will be judged and not not well by the resident of his state in North Carolina because of the response to Helene, that is going to be one of the states I think you are aren't going to be watching on election night. I also think we'll be taking a pretty good look at Pennsylvania where they're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I.
Speaker 3: Love I love the h I love the line of James Carvill Pennsylvania is watch your language. Well, Pennsylvania is is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Arkansas in the middle. Oh jeez, oh you know it's isn't it time for some more of these crypt keeper keepers in the Democrat Party to just go to go away?
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta admit you.
Speaker 3: Carvell always always is good for a liner to Actually, it's always good for a laugh or two.
Speaker 2: Always good for a laugh.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Rick Robinson is our guest on seven hundred W l W Tiktoki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that scene from.
Speaker 3: The Blues Brothers movie is still the best in the diner. And she delayed that that over and over and over again, Blue Lou coming out with the facts.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole thing, was it.
Speaker 3: Two hole chickens and four pieces of dry white toast was at the order?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, we're.
Speaker 3: Talking with Rick Robinson on seven hundred WLW. The conversation continues and we happen to have Greg Taylor, Rick Robinson's friend, who's originally from northern Kentucky as Rick is, and now lives in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Greg. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening.
Speaker 8: How are you, gentlemen? Very well, thank you very well. Nice to hear you guys on the other radio this morning.
Speaker 3: So what is going on in the ground in Raleigh, North Carolina right now, where you're at in the state in general, and how are things coming together if at all?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I can give you just I can give you some anecdotal evidence, and then I can give you some kind of inside baseball stuff. A full disclosure. I am working for the campaign of how Weatherman, very lightly but still involved, and he's running for lieutenant governor against Rachel Hunt. So just fyi there, But let me start with western North Carolina. The clean up efforts are going very well, as as has been reported by some in the news. Female was super slow to get there, and then once they're super slow to actually get engaged and get activated. But religious organizations, the community in general, folks from other States, the Cajun Navy, organizations like that were just on top of it right away, even some you know, prior to the hurricane we're you know, setting up. It was really a remarkable response by the on the ground folks in the situation where FEMA really wasn't prepared or at least unable or or maybe not allowed to participate just yet. But that is going well. There's still clean up efforts that are needed in the smaller communities that are not as much in the news like Asheville obviously is very very very highly covered in the surrounding communities, but there are still, you know, outlying towns that are in need of response. And my church group is actually meeting Tuesday to organize some of that. So so we're still at it.
Speaker 2: But Rick, Rick here, how you doing man very well, sir?
Speaker 3: Going into those counties in western North Carolina. What are they saying with regards to polling places? Are they putting in special places to vote? How are they how are they doing that down.
Speaker 2: There right now?
Speaker 8: So good question there. It's a little bit hit and miss right now. There have been organized efforts to make sure people are able to vote, and the reports we're getting so far is actually early voting is being There's been a very very high turnout of early voting. People are making their way to the early early voting polling places and it is going very well.
Speaker 3: The second question that I had as Gary, Jeff and I were sitting here this morning and really trying to dissect where some of the places were, one of the things we talked about was Mark Robinson and what's going on with his situation.
Speaker 8: Well, I like to find comedy in everything in life.
Speaker 2: Although good call me too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this one's a tricky one. It's it's interesting. Mark when he ran four years ago, was a breath of fresh air and a you know, bombastic fun guy to listen to, and he really garnered a lot of attention. And now he is non existent. I mean he obviously campaign ads are still running Josh who I do know. Not not a big fan of Josh Stein at all for a variety of reasons. But Josh is going to be our governor. Mark is irrelevant. In fact, even local news that they're almost not even covering the campaign. It's just a complete non issue. He's he's evaporated from all Republican existence.
Speaker 2: To my viewing here, Well, what what kind of a man is Josh Stein?
Speaker 8: Well, Josh is a political achiever.
Speaker 2: Another one of those fantastic.
Speaker 8: Well, he is, in my in my opinion, duplicitous and very politically oriented. And as an attorney general you have a lot of power to silence critics of your side. So I've evidenced that. And you know, you know wood Cooper, as much as I'm not a huge fan of what he did, an okay job. So if Josh comes in and really governs for the you know, one of the people, and doesn't have a really targeted, negative, attacking political agenda, I think they'll do fine. But as attorney general, he was not a in my experience, not a very fair person.
Speaker 3: Well, I am glad that your church group and and others like it. My wife and I donated to Samaritan's Purse almost immediately when this this happened, When Helene happened to North Carolina, I just couldn't sit on the sidelines. I mean, I guess the other thing we could have done is get in a car and go down there to see if we could help.
Speaker 2: But we didn't do that.
Speaker 8: But well, don't don't don't worry about that. I tried to actually volunteer with my son for Samaritan's Purse, and there was such an outpouring of volunteerism. You have to schedule it because it is very organized. And the first time they had we tried like days after the event, and they were booked out until mid November. So it was all hands on deck efforts. So don't don't that all feel bad about.
Speaker 2: Not going this recovery.
Speaker 3: This recovery is going to be a year's long process, right, I mean, oh yeah, you don't snap your fingers and recover from a thousand year natural disaster in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: So there's a long road out.
Speaker 8: Well, just to give you some perspective, a couple maybe two, three, four days after, you know, the major part of the event, I forty the the East West Corridor obviously getting from my part of the state in Raleigh and then Eve they used to hear over to the mountains and even through into Tennessee. About halfway there, there was an interstate time that simply said all roads in western North Carolina are closed. Uh, that was pretty ominous.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, I really can't.
Speaker 3: That's well, keep doing the Lord's work and keep your head up and luck on the campaign again, good luck on the campaign.
Speaker 5: It's almost May, just May.
Speaker 8: If I may make one very statistical oriented comment. Sure, North Carolina has ten and a half million residents. As of this morning, I saw two point seven million people have voted early. So that's twenty five percent of the state. And four years ago when you ask people if they voted early, some people would say, oh, yeah, I forgot you could vote early. Yeah, I guess maybe I will. Now it is have you voted early? When are you voting early? Where are you going? Here's the best place to vote. It is a very focused effort. So I'm very impressed with the turnout and I think that vodes well for the Red candidates.
Speaker 3: All Right, thank you, Greg, appreciate the phone call. Nice to get in touch with somebody from North Carolina. Right, Glad you were able to call in the belly of the beast, so to speak. You were talking about because a lot of people have said we need to go back to voting not only just on election day, but to paper ballots, and you say paper ballots are more rife with the possibilities of fraud than what we have now. Rick, If you look into if you look into Kentucky's history of true election rigging, when people would throw ballots on the bottom or a top, it all comes around to paper ballots. Anybody who knows the history of Kentucky, go back around all of it, can do that. I actually had to deal with it one time in one of the races with Senator Bunning. I can't remember if it was the first one or the second one, when he was running for US Senate. And on election night you put people in all these different counties to call in the results, so you know when you can go down and accept the nominal, you know, except the victory. Yeah, so in a very tight race. Both times at Gym one we were very tight. We always called him landside fly Bunning after that. Very tight races. And if we're coming down, there's one county in western Kentucky that we cannot figure out what the result is. We're calling our people down there, we're calling the courthouse. We can't get any result.
Speaker 2: County.
Speaker 3: We should win sixty forty, but you never know, we're holding off going downstairs. This is all paper ballots. It's all paper counted paper back count of paper ballots. So we end up calling somebody from the county next door. Can you drive over to the x y Z County Courthouse and see what's going on. They ride over, they call back, laughing their fanny off because what is that? What had happened was that he said, oh, hell you, you guys won this county by by three thousand votes. Uh, why is nobody really funny? Well, every time they try to start counting the ballots for the for the county sheriff, and every time they try and open up the abbs and tees, another fist fight breaks out because everybody wants to know how many ballots.
Speaker 2: Having fist fights? Yeah, counting the ballots.
Speaker 3: They said there was literally blood on the floor because every time they tried to open the abs andees, because everybody wanted to know how many they had to slide on the bottom to win. I mean when I ran in eighty eight, I went down to a county and along the river, I was told, you know that if I wanted to win the county, I could, I would be I would have to bring, uh, get a hold of some paper ballots, help them get ahold of some paper ballots, and then give them five thousand dollars and five dollar bills.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me. I am not kidding you.
Speaker 3: So if you wanted to win, bring the extra paper ballots and bring your cash.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we can make that happen for you.
Speaker 3: And I told them, absolutely not, And I was so glad that's one of the counties I actually want. There weren't many of them, Gary Jeff, but I won that damn county.
Speaker 2: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing, Rick Robinson, our guest on seven hundred WLW. Here's the other thing about this is that people are wanting to go back to the you say the bad old days. I say the good old days of paper ballots hand counted. Because of all of the questions that were raised about twenty twenty and the questions that have been raised, you know, both political parties have put lawyers all over the country to immediately file grievances about election results. From Arizona to Maine. There are lawyers from both sides, from a Republican and Democrat, who are there on the ground, ready to file lawsuits against the results of the election in this county or that county or that city.
Speaker 2: You know that, oh absolutely. And there are also.
Speaker 3: Still questions by many about about the electronic voting machines and about the computer algorithms that people's claim switched votes in twenty twenty from a Trump to a Biden.
Speaker 2: And via did you ever hear of the great name from Kentucky politics, Ed Prichard? No?
Speaker 3: No, who's Ed Pritchard is what probably was the smartest, one of the smartest people that ever lived. Okay, he was part of the FDR's think tank. He was part of the folks when the Grams were running the Washington Post. He was their wonder child coming up photographic memory. Anything you said to him, he would remember. The guy was phenomenal. Was they were bringing him back from after law school, after he spent some time in Washington working in the administration, they bring him back to Kentucky and he ends up helping fix a race for circuit court judge in Paris, Kentucky. And when I say helps fix it, yeah, how do we help fix it? It was paper flipped on the bottom. And you know what it was about. Everybody knew that the judge was going to win, but the bunch of the city founders had money bets on by how much, and they had young Ed Pritcher go down and put ballots on the bottom so they could win the win.
Speaker 2: The bet.
Speaker 3: Edwin to federal prison had a civil rights script from him, and again the most brilliant mind in the history maybe of Kentucky that there are some pretty brilliant minds at work trying to fix this election rig it, so to speak. I guess, just closing out, I think that we're all at a point. I mean, aren't you fatigued with this? Our national nightmare is nearly over right, but then it just doesn't It just begin again and spin up again as soon as the elections over, oh yeah, and we go into another presidential campaign. I don't want professional politicians. I don't want to fail up candidate, and I certainly don't want to have this NonStop election cycle that never ends. It's not supposed to be that way, but it has turned into that in this country. Are there any solutions, any outs from those bugaboos in our political life where you know, professional candidates or politicians because that's what they decided to do for a living, not the way it was supposed to be. Election cycles that never end, not the way it was supposed to be. I always want to love do I always love reading the Federalist papers because they give such insight to what the founders were thinking at the time. And there's one of the papers was written that was written by Madison talks about Titians and the country being based upon this citizen leader legislator who goes.
Speaker 2: To Washington citizens law's job.
Speaker 3: And then comes back to run his business or farm, farm, or whatever. And it's a brilliant paper, except at the very end, Madison says basically, or then again, the opposite might happen.
Speaker 2: Jeez, and it did.
Speaker 3: You know, I just look at these suits that are born to get votes and get elected, and I just have a great distaste for all of that, for what it has become in this country. I wish it had gone the other way. I wish that we had real citizen lawmakers who went and served their country instead of served themselves and then went home and resumed their jobs. But we have people like Kamala Harris whose only job has ever been McDonald's side in politics, and they're all over.
Speaker 2: They got Washington is full of them.
Speaker 3: It has been something that has been going on since the times of the Federalist papers, that people have gotten into the Washington crowd are gotten into whatever it is, and that's what it happens. You know, one of the things I think you're going to see in this race is is there a repudiation of that concept? Oh too early to tell. I certainly hope and pray so. Rick Robinson, thank you for your time, my friend. Always a pleasure. Gary Jesse, you on election now, see on election night. I'll be right here with you at ten o'clock when we start talking about that. Anybody wants to pick up a copy of nineteen sixty eight, a primer for understanding baby boomers, feel free to go to Amazon buy two or three copies.
Speaker 2: I've got crank kids now.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you so much, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: You know why I love America because of all of our sweet freedoms. Yeah. Because those daisy dukes drive me wild yep.
Speaker 3: The freedom to listen to Bill Cunningham while I'm wearing my daisy dukes bingo. I don't wear daisy dukes, but I love listening to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 2: You ought to give it a try. You're right I should. Can you picture Bill Cunningham wearing daisy dukes? No, no, no, no, yes, I can.
Speaker 3: Bill Cunningham today at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W. I want to be debt free by January, get rid of all that high interest debt and consolidate everything into one lower payment. Hey America, carry Jeff in for Sloane today, Scott on the mend after his shoulder surgery, hopefully back in this chair tomorrow. Who knows seven hunterd WLW And in this half hour we are focusing on one of my favorite topics, music history and valuable vinyl with our friend Mighty John Marshall from moneymusic dot Com who was joining us as I mentioned for this half hour with a brand new top ten list. Moneymusic dot Com is a service where you can get appraisals on over a million titles of vinyl. And if you still have vinyl, you know you got the the attic, the basement, maybe your front room with your brand new turntable that you just bought because you were going to relive your vinyl experience. Or you go to yard sales or flea markets. Here's what to look for and you may have some what you think is valuable vinyl there in your collection. A lot of people think that stuff and most of the time they're wrong. John Marshall, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you. It's good to talk to you again.
Speaker 5: Hey Gary, Jeff, I'm great. Hope you are too, all right.
Speaker 3: You scared up a list for October of top ten songs or albums or forty five's worth one hundred dollars and more. At the top of the list, we did not find a song from this fine collection from nineteen seventy six. We have Jimmy Buffett at number ten, correct right, one.
Speaker 5: Of his early albums called Hi Cumberland Jubilee. Current Valley for the album up to one hundred dollars, and I.
Speaker 3: Bet you didn't pay one hundred dollars for it when you bought that in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 5: I think Party two ninety eight would have been the price.
Speaker 3: This song was a song of the year and it's one of the most recorded songs ever. The original version by John, Paul, George and Ringo and it's really just Paul tell me about number.
Speaker 5: Nine, Yeah Yesterday by the Beatles. They get all the credit, but you're right. Only Paul McCartney is on the record with its picture sleeve. Current value up to one hundred dollars and we always mentioned those picture sleeves. They were always worth more by themselves than the actual record, in this case, up to about twenty five dollars for the record, up to seventy five dollars for the picture sleeve, for a total of one hundred bucks. Oh my trouble seems so far way.
Speaker 2: Loud, looks as tho there he stay, Oh be yesterday sudden. I'm not half the man I used to be? Does the shadow on.
Speaker 3: How many people covered that record? Good song number eight on the money music dot Com list out in October A valuable vinyl is an album And I actually, as a kid, either stole this from a friend's older brother or he gave it to me. I think he gave it to me, but the statue of limitations has run out. Regardless, tell me about number eight.
Speaker 5: It's Santana. The second album was Santana a Praxis. Now this came with a poster. If you kept that poster makes the album worth up to one hundred and fifty dollars. Without the poster it drops down to fifty dollars a practically, but you.
Speaker 2: Have to have the poster to get one hundred.
Speaker 3: And this was actually an early Bleetwood Max song that Carlos and Bands covered and turned into a huge hit, The Black Magical Woman. Moneymusic dot COM's mighty John Marshall is with us this morning. Valuable vinyl and the October list is in our sights and John first and foremost. As I mentioned, over a million titles, you guys can give appraisals to with the information you have money music dot com. Tell me how people do that?
Speaker 5: A flash drive? Okay, yeah, go to moneymusic dot com the flash drive that we put it on. We'll list the values for over a million records by over seventy five thousand different recording artists. Or you could have any record appraised online for a dollar. And with that appraisal we always include a list of buyers or potential buyers in your own area.
Speaker 2: That is key right there.
Speaker 3: Well, we mentioned beatles and we have another beatle in the spotlight with this next record on the list.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 5: Well, not much of a hit with John Lennon, but a very valuable forty five called Mother with its spicuous lead up to one hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: All right, you.
Speaker 4: You did one?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: This was uh, this was nineteen seventy so John was still doing Heroin and on his way for the Lost Weekend when Yoko kicked him out of the house. But that's about the same timeframe that Mother was released.
Speaker 5: There's not about his mother. No, he didn't do a song about his mother and a jewels on the what is known as the White.
Speaker 2: Album Julia, which is a was a beautiful song. By the way.
Speaker 3: What's next on your top ten list of valuable vinyl at money music dot com.
Speaker 5: John the Great, Tom Petty Echoes and name of his album from nineteen ninety nine. Current value for the album up to two hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars excellent And next on the list, well, there's an invention.
Speaker 5: Everything by Frank Zapper is worth money. This one uncle Meat the name of the album, current value up to three hundred dollars uncle meat. Uncle meat.
Speaker 3: I've never heard uncle meat. And we should have found that, liamb. We should have found uncle meat by Frank zappraa. But you say everything by Zappa is and it's not because he is passed on. No, it's just because it's rather obscure and he's so innovative, you know, so curiosity right, exactly how much how much will a dynamo home.
Speaker 2: Get you.
Speaker 5: We don't know, not three hundred dollars, not three hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up on the list, we have the We've had the Beatles, well at least Paul McCartney. We've had John Lennon. How about one from the prefab four as they were called, The Monkeys, the.
Speaker 5: Monkeys, big album for them, The Birds, the Bees and the Monkeys. The value all depends on whether you have in stereo or mono. A stereo copy up to twenty five dollars. A mono copy of The Birds, the Bees and the Monkey's currently up to six hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Whoa, and people have some mono copies of the Monkeys, the Birds, the Bees and the Monkeys.
Speaker 5: I know they do.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a little selection. Davy Jones, I.
Speaker 9: Could time meet the wings of the blue bird as she seen.
Speaker 10: The six o'clock would never.
Speaker 9: Book six and then flight to sleep by the mile macheven vsus Coon and esteem.
Speaker 2: Want smart would feeling everybody chee the gut to JG.
Speaker 10: You want took me a wide not on his team? Now you know how happy how can be?
Speaker 3: We're al so happy with the monkeys and your monkey's lunchbox and your monkey's poster, your monkey's album and mono worth up to six hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 2: Elvis in Concert next, right.
Speaker 5: Nineteen seventy seven. One of the last albums released for was Elvis in Concert. Now. The value here depends on the color of the label on the record. If it's a blue record label, up to twenty five dollars. But if it's a black record label, then you're looking up to six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, the elby going through a body and account of jail man began to swing, had a knockdowntail band.
Speaker 3: All right, Gary tamps in for a Scotch loan with mighty John Marshall from Money music dot Com may have time for a couple of phone calls if you've got some valuable vinyl questions that John could answer for free here in the next six or seven minutes. Let's go down the list though, the top ten list from moneymusic dot com. And by the way, how's the YouTube show going?
Speaker 2: John? You still doing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I've got a new video coming out pretty soon. We filmed it and recorded it last week and we're patching it together as we speak.
Speaker 2: All right, people can just find that under what well.
Speaker 5: You can go to my website the links right there, all right for our YouTube channel, all right.
Speaker 3: Up next on the list is a group that had about fourteen farewell tours over the course of twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 5: Kiss Kiss the very first album simply called Kiss noc.
Speaker 7: You have a copy, and.
Speaker 5: It contains the song kissing Time. No more than twenty dollars, but if it does not contain kissing Time, then you're looking up to seven hundred and fifty dollars. All right. The first issues did not contain Kissing Time, and those are the ones you want to look for.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't have kissing Time, you want the Kiss album.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 2: It's valuable, all right.
Speaker 3: And then the number one list before we get to the Halloween stuff, is a record I worked with this guy named Chuck Britton here in town who said, when he was in college in Michigan, his roommate was the drummer for this band, and he said that this guy in their dorm played this song over and over and over again they're in the dorm, and finally one day Chuck got sick of it as it was playing again, and not only tossed the record but the whole turntable out the third story window and said.
Speaker 5: Enough, well, I wish he had kept the record. Any Wait, now I know Kiddy, question Mark and the Mysterians ninety six tiers a rock and roll classic. The value here all depends on what record label you have it on. On Cameo records up to twenty five dollars.
Speaker 7: But on the.
Speaker 5: Original label Go Go, then you're looking up to eight hundred dollars for ninety sixty.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, and you got some Halloween bonus records that that everybody will know. And like we've got the late Warren Zevon on this list of valuable virus.
Speaker 5: This is a picture disc picture disc with a picture of a werewolf on the vinyl itself Werewolve's of London. Current value up to one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh so where Wolf Trader Vince his hair was perfect?
Speaker 7: I'm not aware Wolf of the Chinese menu in his hand, knocking through the streets of Soho in the rain.
Speaker 2: He was looking for a place called the Ho Fooks to get a big tell me.
Speaker 3: London, all right, As we continue our countdown with Halloween nine, just Thursday night.
Speaker 2: We're just days away.
Speaker 3: There are a couple other spooctacular songs on the money music dot Com list will or albums that we will recount for you here in just a moment. But John, uh, what is the most traditionally and and you've got the list of certain types of music, what's more valuable?
Speaker 2: And vinyl?
Speaker 3: We always when when when we open up the phones, you and I are talking, people always call up with the Leonard skinnerd Street survivors with the flames and and you know, it turns out they don't have anything of value. What's really valuable when it comes to vinyl?
Speaker 5: Well, one of my most genres, rock and roll is certainly the number one category. Jazz can be just as collectible. The only problem is for every collector ever, say one thousand collectors of rock and roll, maybe there's a one collector of jazz. So it's kind of tough to find buyers sometimes. But a lot of jazz can be extremely collectible. Do Wop, blues, British invasion, motown, surf music all fall under the category of rock and roll, and all can be very collectible, depending on the recording artists and how rare it is.
Speaker 2: And the pre World War two blues or jazz.
Speaker 5: Records, Yeah, pre World War two blues, especially blues records came out prior to World War Two, are probably among the most valuable records out there, many of them self for as much as ten to fifteen thousand dollars. And you can kind of tell because usually they'll have the word blues somewhere in the title. Of course. Robert Johnson, the father of the Blues, his big hit hell Hound on My Trail, can certainly go up to ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: All right, A couple more spooky soundtracks here to get in before we're done. What you got from nineteen sixty four The RC Adams.
Speaker 5: Family the original soundtrack on RCA The Adams Family currently up to one hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, didn't John didn't Ted Lang, who played Lurch on The Adams Family have a hit or a song that was out of forty five that they released as.
Speaker 2: A Tidy Teddy. That's right, Ted Lang was on the Love Vote, Ted Cassidy.
Speaker 5: Lurch tell me about that, Yeah, dog, the Lurch Ted Cassidy with it pictures Leap that can go up to around two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: And if you're going to include the Adams family, you got to include the other TV scary family in the list too.
Speaker 2: Uh, tell me about the Monsters Man the Monsters.
Speaker 5: The value for the album is strictly one for the cover. Doesn't matter whether you have the record or not, because it's just generic surf music they played during the show. The Monsters cover up to three dollars.
Speaker 2: Mighty John Marshall, thank you so much. It's great to talk to you again.
Speaker 3: And if you want to find out if you've got a if you've got a vinyl collection you're interested in collecting, give into yard sales. Check out moneymusic dot com and look for the YouTube shows and everything else.
Speaker 2: Great stuff.
Speaker 3: All was from Mighty John Marshall from moneymusic dot com. Let's let's just play out, Liam, we come back. Dave Hatterill join us for the last half hour on seven hundred WLW. Good Morning, Gary, jeff in for Sloni up until noon and then Willie walks in the Great American to make your day. One of the people that I really really respect. After having just years and years of empirical data to show that he is absolutely on point with everything in the Internet of Things world. Is tech expert Dave Hatter, So we have him back for a conversation. Mister Hatter, Mad Hatter, how are you today? How does the day find you?
Speaker 7: You know, Gary, Jeff, I can't complain, how about you?
Speaker 3: You know what, It's just part of the part of God's great plan. And then I will then I will continue to see what God has next for me. And I think God believes and breaks every once in a while. But anyway, in the Internet of Things tech world, which you and I discuss on a regular there are all kinds of things that people need to look out for. It is a continual process, and you continue to track these stories down to let people know before they sign up for that app, before they agree to those terms of service. You probably would want to read those terms of service, although most people do not, And you'd like to know what little pitfalls await you when you're engaging in all of this wonderful technology. There is something called z scaler. I don't know what z scaler is. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Speaker 2: And what is what are.
Speaker 3: Two hundred malicious look alike domains for every one impersonated brand. So what are they saying in essence here?
Speaker 7: Dave, Yeah, Gary, Jeff. Here's the here's the short end of it, which is z Scaler is a cybersecurity company. They do a variety of different things, but they did a study and like many of these larger cybersecurity companies out there, you know, Microsoft puts out a big study every year, Verizon puts out a study. These things are useful for folks like me who work in the field, like an interust you know, we look at these things to try to figure out what what might we be missing in terms of how we're support our customers. You know, what additional cybersecurity protections should they be thinking about in light of the ever changing landscape out there. I mean you mentioned it before. Sadly, the bad guys are really smart, really creative, really devious. They're constantly changing their tactics and while this lookalike domain idea isn't new, it continues to be a big problem. So per this z Scaler study, they've said that of five hundred major brands, you can think of a lookalike domain. Sometimes it's called a doppelganger domain. You know, I'll go out, use a tool to copy your website, set it up on a server somewhere with a domain that looks to the naked eye, either very similar or exactly like your domain. So you get a phishing email or a text or whatever from me as a bad guy, you click a link, it takes you to a page or an entire website that looks exactly like the real thing, and in many cases, again to the naked eye, there's no way to tell. And you know, if you look at the details of this study, it shows you how common this is. And that's why I'm glad you brought this up as a topic. It's so important for people to realize. Firstly, anything on the Internet can be spoofed, whether it's an email address, it's a phone number, it's a text message, or it's a whole website. As we see here, it's really easy to do this. And sadly, because of this is so easy, you know, people fall prey to your scam. So just being aware that because something looks right to you doesn't necessarily mean it is. You know, you need a healthy dose of skepticism, and this study just shows how common this particular approach is.
Speaker 3: Well, it'd be Let's say, look at you talk about impersonated brands. You would look at say a bottle of coke, for example, but it's not coke, but it has the same script on the label, and it has the same colors as a bottle of coke. And I mean Coca Cola would be suing those people because they were impersonating their brand in such a an obvious way. But this is on This is on a on a website or on an internet brand, so it's the same thing.
Speaker 7: That's a good analogy, Grey, Jeff. I mean the goal of the bad guys is to you know, I in many cases literary copy the full website of an existing organization, set it up on another server registered domain name. Like they may use the crylic character that looks like the English character A, so to the naked eye, you're not going to notice the difference. Now, there's software out there that can potentially detect these kinds of things, but you know that costs more money. It costs friction. People don't know how to install that sort of stuff. So you get you get an email, hey your package is delayed or whatever it is. It's you know, super a great deal on product decks. You click the link, it takes you to one of these lookalike aka doppelganger website and without you know, special software that's attempting to detect these and keep you from landing on them, which is difficult because new ones are set up all the time. I mean, just look at the scale of his study, right, thirty thousand of these things, and they'll pop it up all the time. It's a it's a difficult challenge as a defender against this sort of thing because it's easy to do for the bad guy, it's effective obviously, or they stop doing it, and you know, the scale of it is difficult to take on because new ones are coming in all the time. So besides getting software like Cisco Umbrella are something that can filter non malicious sites. I help you does the skepticism and understanding that just because something looks legit does not mean that it is and you should proceed with caution. You know, I hate that we're always the deemsday guys here Gary, Jeff, But you know, sadly, these scams are very effective and people are losing them lots of money. If you don't believe me, go see what the FBI says, and their annual report on cyberclot which is also worth reading because they're getting insight into the kind of things you.
Speaker 5: Need to be on the look out for.
Speaker 3: Well, there are all kinds of scams, and not all of them are on the internet. Sometimes you're getting calls on your phone. This happened last week. My wife and I just sitting around and she gets a call. Didn't know the number, and they claimed they were from our bank, US Bank, and they were just confirming that we had made one thousand dollars purchase on our account. They were just checking to make sure if this was a legitimate purchase. We hadn't made any thousand dollars purchases. And while she's on the phone, we're also checking our online banking. No, there's no thousand dollars. People are often tripped up by these phone calls, thinking that their bank is looking after it, and I guess banks do sometimes verify a large purchase or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I was listening to the voice on the end of the line.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: Just listening to her him address my wife like he knew her. When I just said, you know what, just hang up, it's a scam, she said.
Speaker 2: I think so too. How often does that all the time.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you a real world story that happened to myself and my wife here, very similar to what you just described. But I would point out that folks, you know, first off, how would some bad guy know what bank you use? Well, it could be because, for example, your information has been leaked slash stolen from companies like National publicay Data, which is a background check company.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Think to your listening audience out there, think about the very sensitive information you would give up as part of a background check. All the places you've lived, all the places you work, all kinds of information. So when that information gets stolen or eleaked, it gives the bad guys a treasure trove of information to use to impersonate someone that you actually do business with or interact with on a regular basis. Not to mention, they can also go somewhere like the Hambleton County Shaff's website, look up a real name, and when they call you at some kind of scam say I'm starting sucking huts from the Hamletin County Shriffs office, you can go to this website right here and see me. So again, these data breaches are relevant to you as an individual, because it gives the bad guys information to use against you, either to impersonate you in creating accounts in your name, or to have information that would allow them to impersonate someone you work with regularly. To make these kinds of scams more legit. So we're sitting on accounts, my wife and I. She gets a text from our bank USAA claims there's fraud on our account.
Speaker 5: Call this number.
Speaker 7: So she again reminds of it's very easy to spoof a phone number to go find out what is a legitimate number at USAA or us Bank or wherever, and send a text message or make a voice call from that number. It's very easy, doesn't require any skill or our websites you can go to right now and do this. So that's the first thing, be aware of spoofing. I keep bringing that up because it's unfortunately very easy for the bad guys to do. So we get this text, she calls the number. I'm sitting there next to her, and they start asking questions that to me, they already should know the answer to. Here's a tip carry jar. If your bank doesn't know your bank account number, it's not your bank yeah, or they want you to confirm it. Wait, you called me, Why would you need me to confirm information when you called me.
Speaker 3: And there was something similar that happened in this phone call, and she said, well, you ought to know that, and then we knew.
Speaker 7: If they ask for your credentials, here, here's your name and passwords so they can reset your password. They do not need to know your password if it's your legitimate bank, right, So anytime they start asking questions about things, they should already know either you're working with a terrible bank and you should find a new bank, or you're getting scammed, right, so those should be red flags. You know, my wife hung up it was death obviously a scam, and thankfully we managed to avoid that. But yeah, this happens all the time. It's easy to spoof a phone number. It's easy to get phone numbers that know that you work or company X, Y or Z E because of these data breaches or maybe something you posted online. Yeah, sadly, people need to be extremely skeptical. And in a scenario like that, my advice would be to do what you did, hang up, go log into your account and you know, check there and or get out your bank statement, or find a number once you've logged into your account and call using a number that you've used before, something you can verify, like from a bank statement. Sure it can't be spoofed or scammed.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, here here's another scam.
Speaker 3: Dave Hatter Garras swindled an old man in California out of twenty five grand by using AI voice technology to claim his son was in horrible accident needed money for bail. It was absolutely in the old man's ears. It was absolutely his son's voice. And this technology has gotten so far advanced the deep fake AI. The voice soundedlike technology. It's incredible.
Speaker 7: I just can't stress enough, I think. And this speaks to spooting, which we've now talked about numerous times. Right if the form of spooping, I could call from any number I want and then potentially use this AI voice cloning software to calon someone's voice to convince you that you're talking to that person. So could I potentially find your son's phone number in a data breach because you listed him in a background check? Maybe his name and phone number?
Speaker 5: Could I call?
Speaker 7: And now most people are going to say, but wait a minute, how would you get the Sun's voice. Right, And here's my answer to everyone, because you know, I think we've talked about this before, Garret, Jeff. I've done a couple of TV interviews, one with John mattter Reeves where we cloned his voice real time on TV using a free tool. Literally went out, found a website that claimed to do it, set up an account with no previous experience, no experience using that site except for you know, forty five minutes before John showed.
Speaker 5: Up, and then you know, no cost. It was a free site.
Speaker 7: We cloned his voice. You can watch me tipe in what his voice says coming out of my speakers. So just technology is absolutely real to your point, it continues to improve. This is one of many examples like this. But again getting back to well, I'm not a celebrity like John matt Reeves. How would you get my voice? If I know your phone number, can I call that phone number and possibly get a voice greeting of you telling me I'm not there? Leave the message maybe and if I can guess what I knew you in about fifteen minutes, because you only need a few seconds of someone's voice in most cases, with Matt a Reeves, he literally trained the tool by reading a sentence. But if I can download your voice because I can find it in a vidiot posted online somewhere, or because I can call your phone and hear your voice, I'm you. So when people say this could never happen to me, how is this possible?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: You know this doesn't I don't think they know exactly how this all went down. But to your point, the guy claims in the interview that you know, it absolutely sounded like his son, and unfortunately he was scammed out of a lot of money. You know, this is often known as the grandparents scam. It's been around for a long time. My dad got one of these calls once. Now this is probably it was four or five years ago, probably before it was any kind of AI involved. Because in some cases, you know, they're calling in the middle of the night and they say they have a cold or whatever. You know, they're social engineering you to catch you off guard with some kind of urgency. Right. Typically these scams, there's a major problem. It's urgent. You cat got to do X. They're trying to get you to act before you stop and think about it. But I just can't stress enough to folks, this voice cloning deep face AI thing is real. There are increasing reports of it being used in a variety of different scams, not the least of which are on individuals like this poor gentleman here who apparently lost twenty five grand as a result of it.
Speaker 3: And people who are routinely their voice is routinely out in you know, in space like here, on the radio, or on TV as you mentioned, or a movie or a politician or whatever. For somebody like Bill Cunningham or Scott Sloan or a Gary Jeff Walker, it would be very easy to just record the show for about five minutes and they would have me saying anything and everything. The problem with the scammers is that I'm likely to say anything at all at any time, so you know, I might have a hard time talking myself out of being faked like that.
Speaker 7: Well, Jerry, yeah that's a good point.
Speaker 11: But yeah, you're I mean, anyone that's in the public eye on a regular basis, you know, audio, video, public speaking, et cetera, is potentially going to be at more risk because if there's.
Speaker 7: Someone who doesn't have a social media presence short of like a voicemail greeting, how would someone get your voice? But yeah, it's it's a common tactic. Folks may have seen the story, you know that Ferrari was almost had a bunch of money stolen using this very technique where the quote CEO of Ferrari was, you know, instructing the CFO of Ferrari over a phone call after some previous messaging to go do something, and eventually the CFO that the Chief Finance Office that something's not right here and ask the CEO about a book recommendation that the CEO had made, which of course the scamer couldn't answer. But yeah, we're seeing this both, you know, as a tax on corporations as well as a tax on individuals because you know, if you can, if you could scam a couple thousand dollars out of this individual is a couple of times a day if you're in a country where there's no jobs, no opportunity, but you got a lot of time on your hands and access to the internet, which is where so much of this client comes from.
Speaker 2: Southeast Yeah, Southeast Asia.
Speaker 7: Folks really need to be aware that this is a thing. Sadly.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, well, thank you for spreading the awareness, mister Hatter.
Speaker 2: As always, it's always my pleasure, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 7: And if you live is what right Kentucky vote for all six of the incomes for city council.
Speaker 5: Yeah, endorsement.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: The mayor has spoken seven hundred WLW. Just a couple of quick things here before we bug out today.
Speaker 2: Did you know, as.
Speaker 3: The arguments continue to pile up in different places, why do you have to have a voter I D. Why do you have to have an ID to vote? That's racist, that's oppressing. And remember when they claim that in Georgia. Do you know how many countries in the world as nations. You know, here it's left up to the states, as nations require a voter ID and require you to be a citizen of said country to vote in said election. Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Denmark, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Finland, Australia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Malta, UK, Spain, Mauritius, Uruguay, Japan, Italy, France, South Korea, Costa Rica, Botswana, Portugal, Estonia, Israel, the Czech Republic, India, Taiwan, Chile, Belgium, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, South America, or South Africa rather South America be a continent. Jamaica, Latvia, Slovakia, Greece, Panama, Bulgaria, Indian, Anesia, Argentina, Poland, Brazil, Ghana, Croatia, Hungary, Colombia, Peru, El Salvador, or Romania, Serbia, Hong Kong. What are all these countries have in common? You have to be a citizen of the country and have a voter ID to vote in elections. United States as a as a nation does not have that in common, and that needs to happen.
Speaker 2: And you got to be a citizen to get a voter ID. That definitely needs to happen.
Speaker 3: The Great American Bill Cunningham on the way next until the next time, Gary, Jeff peace out.
Speaker 2: Baseman doctor.
Speaker 7: I got