Speaker 1: All right, This segment is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in, and Ben, I'm looking at what's going on this week. Holy Cow, Triple Threat, Trivia and pizza on Wednesday night Tomorrow night, that's incredible American Gothic pizza delivers It's so good. Jazzy's Tacos, are you kidding me? On Thursday They're badass? And then on Friday, Cousins Main Lobster is back, plus live music. Now on top of that, we currently have twenty fresh local beers on tap, so those are all great we reasons to come on up to Rollertown beer Works. And then also we're out and about at different restaurants. For example, we want you to come join us Friday, We're gonna be at Hurtado Barbecue, the Dallas Farmers Market location. They got a couple of our beers on tap there. So like, let's say you're going to go to her Toato Barbecue, hang out, watch the show on Friday, you could have some Rollertown and then if you're going to go to the mav game after that, you could have the big German at the arena several locations. Then you could get it on tap at the chop shop right outside of the arena or happiest hour right by the arena. We are getting out, We are getting everywhere. And if your favorite place doesn't have Rollertown Beer Works, tell them they should carry it, Tell them to get with their Benny Keith Rep. Have it on tap, have it on Can we getting out to the people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to ask you about this. I mean, everybody talks about the big German. It's our Dirk beer and it's got minimal hops in a smooth finish, just like him. It's a light, crushable colsh But I feel like Rollertown Light might be as close to perfection as you could possibly be.
Speaker 1: My wife protested yesterday the idea that more places don't carry Rollertown Light, and she's like, I don't understand. This is a cold Rollertown Light is my jam. More places should carry it. She was defiant, she was yelling at strangers.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you describe it?
Speaker 1: It's basically it as a light logger. So you know, more than likely if you grew up drinking beer in America, under the age of sixteen. Like old good Americans, you probably drank Core's Light, bud Light, Miller Lit, one of those kinds of beers. Those are generally light loggers, and that is what Rollertown Light is, right smack dab in that lane right there. Great golf beer, weekend beer, pool beer, you name it.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, and you're right. More places should carry Rollertown Light. If you're a place, or you're a person that goes to a place, then make sure that place carries Rollertown Light. If they don't, tell them to carry it, tell their Benny Keith Rapp.
Speaker 4: They need to have it. Now let's hand it over to Kevin. Okay, So we finished up in the last segment. If you did miss any of our segments, we will podcast them all right after the show on the iHeartRadio app one link.
Speaker 3: That's just a.
Speaker 4: Full show to beautiful, Yeah, crowded, or if you want to bite sized pieces, you'll have that option as well. We got through about the first half to the point you know, the audience Q and a thing. But then they brought out the second musical guest of the night and it was Miley Cyrus with Britney Howard and the Roots doing the I mean the Prince Snead O'Connor and Chris Cornell song Nothing Compares to You, and that was.
Speaker 2: That was a deep meaning because of Snead O'Connor being on the show, right.
Speaker 4: I think someone maybe Princess ties to the show as well. I would imagine. So I joked, is Miley gonna do something provocative, you know, rip up a picture of something?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: But then so they did that song. Do you have anything you will say about it or no? I It made me very reflective when I was watching it. I mean, I like both of those artists. I'm not like crazy about Miley Sayris, but dude, that girl.
Speaker 3: Can sing her ass off. She is an elite singer.
Speaker 4: It's very wild to me that Hannah Montana is now very respected in the music world by all kinds of artists, and she has been for a long time.
Speaker 1: But when my daughter was five years old, she came home and said, I want a lunchbox from Hannah Katana and didn't even know who that was, just knew that people on the playground were talking about it and she needed a Hannah Katana lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Hannah Cattanda is a completely different character, by the way, very violent.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then I knew it was about halftime, so so weekend update. And I was glad that they let Michael and call And do it because they've been doing it for over ten years. Now.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: You know at the fortieth it was Tina and Amy and Seth and Jane Curtin. So I was hoping they would let Michael and Colin do it because I do think they're very deserving of it, and they did.
Speaker 3: I loved a great joke that Michael Jay made about O. J. Simpson. A lot of good o J. Jokes.
Speaker 4: Then you have a couple of your h you know, your your correspondence. Come on. Cecily Strong was back with the girl who you wish you hadn't started a conversation with a party. But he did that on her first episode when she was a kid. Funny bit and now that's a good bit. She's up there pregnant now. And the joke was that drunk uncle is the dad. So they brought in Bobby Moren a hand to a drunk uncle and.
Speaker 3: It was good. And these all went on a little too long.
Speaker 4: Then Fred Armison and Vanessa bay Or did Lorne's best friends growing up and so good.
Speaker 3: They always love that, I will say whispering, it is impossible.
Speaker 1: I'm about trying over shadow of Vanessa Eric because she's great man that Fred Armison just whatever he does, it just immediately makes me start laughing. He is so good at zeroing in on the smallest, tiniest nuance and making it a bit.
Speaker 4: Now, that's awesome. And then they the ended after that with well, we're gonna bring up Bill Murray and Bill Murray is holding a top ten list number ten, first version. I should set this up a little better. He's gonna rank the Weekend Update host over the years, and his first chart has one on it, and he's he wanted to make Michael Jay the best Black Weekend Update host because he's the only Black Weekend Update host there's been. So that was good to start, but then he's got a top ten list number ten. Now he's sitting right beside Colin Jost.
Speaker 5: He's one of the all time greats. Mister Colin quick had you for a second. No, you'll don't worry, you don't Numbers not eight and seven, Kevin Nealan Jan Miller.
Speaker 3: And Seth Myers.
Speaker 5: I just wish we had the time tonight to say something nice about any of them.
Speaker 3: Probably have enough time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're right here at six now, okay, right, Colin, this could be you, huh is it? No? It is not Tina and Amy just ahead of Tina and Jimmy. But I checked online and Girl on Girl is still like very very popular. Okay. Next up Cornelius Crane Chase, who we've all come to know as Connie that weekend updates simply would not exist without him, so it would be wrong to have him listed it anywhere.
Speaker 3: But number four.
Speaker 5: Jane Curtin and Danny ackron I was the first to call Jane an ignorant slap backstage, Danny had the brilliant idea to say it on camera and really really mean it. Number two is Norm McDonald. He may have been the best of it, but more importantly, he made me, for one, ask the question of myself, could oj possibly have done it? So that brings us to number one. Colin got a good feeling about this, okay. Number one is funny, he's got a great smile, and he's currently sleeping every kind of way with the lovely actress Scarlett Johansson of course, I'm talking about my brother Brian.
Speaker 4: Very good, so good, and not a lot of people could just pull off eating that amount of time. M hm. The jokes are just worded perfectly. I wish I could find time to say something funny about any of them.
Speaker 3: But we're already here, We're already over're here at six now. I thought that was so good. They still got it, you know.
Speaker 4: So you see a lot of these old guys go up there now and they're like, oh, they don't have any reason.
Speaker 3: Chevy couldn't participate in anything. He definitely has.
Speaker 2: Aged obviously, you know, he looks different, But dude, his fastball's right there.
Speaker 3: It was all I thought.
Speaker 2: That was arguably the best moment of the night.
Speaker 3: I had too.
Speaker 4: Then they did the close encounter thing, which is really one of Kate McKinnon's signature sketches, and I think she had done enough in her career to have a full sketch.
Speaker 3: I would have rather heard that.
Speaker 4: Wait, didn't she do Rudy Giuliani, Yeah, but that was you know, yeah, quick hitter.
Speaker 3: But dude, Meryl Street, the.
Speaker 4: Meryl Streep comes out there, which is I figured what that's about. Meryl Streep has never appear on SNL before. But she is dating Martin Short right now?
Speaker 6: Is that what?
Speaker 4: That's how she got involved. I did not know that you're friends with Marty.
Speaker 3: Then you can get in there. Then we go to.
Speaker 4: We did the pre tape thing that was Lorraine Newman and Pete Davidson doing his character Chad.
Speaker 3: I love that bit very much.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is when all of a sudden his clothes are completely all music.
Speaker 3: Okay you Adam Sandler now with an acoustic guitar.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this was the best writer. Dan Bulla playing piano, sway a little bit of that.
Speaker 7: Fifty years of cast member saying, I think our cast is the greatest of all time, but we all know that the first cast was the best. That'd because of best We've got four years of Eddie Murphy, eight years of Will fourteen were five years of chan Hooks and Guilda, sixth of Victoria, eleven of Chang, three years of Melody HUDs So Michael McKeon Crushing It Too, one of Billy Crystal, six of Dennis Miller, eight.
Speaker 6: Of Harming the Globe, seven years of Trashing Way, five years on Terry and Quinn, four of Kazariskian Clean on eleven of a harmct, fourteen years of Damis and Handy.
Speaker 3: Chiller Final Like twenty five.
Speaker 8: Eighteen of Annie Dammitt and Damie Wilson plus Aimon and Discoing Bobby Man, thirty years of Down Here, forty five years.
Speaker 9: Of Lord, six years of our Boy Farley, five of Our Body, fifty years of one of us getting to say live from New York.
Speaker 7: It's Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Fifty years of staying at.
Speaker 1: On Hold at the point we did it all, Did you guys do this bit that we did all night long?
Speaker 3: Like dry your eyes?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I teared up on that one. Hey, Siri, how old is so and So? No, I don't do I don't mess with theory like that.
Speaker 1: Dude. We did that all night long, and I will be shocked if any of you can tell me how old Garrett Morris.
Speaker 3: Is seventy five? Oh wait uh? That was my favorite bit, was him in that chair. I looked that up. I did look that one up right, like eighty seven or eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty eight, So he was thirty eight years old when that show came.
Speaker 4: Years old for that, you know, that's one of the big Laurren said in the beginning, one of the big purposes of the shows have people who are relatively unheard of, and why these people were, like Garrett was working a day job. Yeah, you know, it's like now where you can just kind of go to the comedy club and just kind of get through that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, all of these.
Speaker 4: People were like our old football players, like work at home depot in the day.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm stuff. You know who's aged really well.
Speaker 4: Rachel dratch Oh did the New York fiftieth musical. John mulaney does a musical every time he hosts, so we kind of knew that was coming. David Spade a really good line where he goes, yeah, I got a good feel for it.
Speaker 3: He went back and that's really good.
Speaker 1: That's that's That's like his whole thing is just dismissive.
Speaker 3: That's great. Lil Wayne, you got to do like five songs. Medley, I thought it was strange.
Speaker 1: My wife had the weird deal a deal where she fell asleep three times during it, and every time she woke up she said, I don't understand why Lil Wayne's here.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing I mean that album the Carter three, I mean probably holds up and that's maybe where everyone's on the cast liked it back then.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know. I bet Questlove just forced him on. There was sing quest Love.
Speaker 4: You come back and you have Tom Hanks and it's dark and you think an in memoriam is coming, and instead they are doing an in memoriam to all of the questionable things that have happened on the show over the years. And we are talking about blackface, we're talking about the inbomb being dropped. Because they ended with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor going back and forth.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest bits ever.
Speaker 4: And that was on the way I mean questionable guest as they didn't have a R Kelly and O. J. Sipp said and all these did he I think was one of them that they had a child molestation jokes, which is you know, that's the genesis of Bobby Bouchet is canteen Boy, water Boy.
Speaker 3: There's one that they said just woe on there.
Speaker 4: And it's Adrian Brody is he's playing a fake Jamaican, which.
Speaker 3: Do you know what that was?
Speaker 4: Right? There's a theory that this is them trying to lobby for shallow May to win Best Actor.
Speaker 1: No, this was this was him introducing Sean Paul like he came out, so Adrian Brody makes beats like he you know why, he's also been a painter, like he does all the different things.
Speaker 3: He got real into making hip hop beats.
Speaker 1: And he came out and introduced Sean Paul in character, and everyone was looking at him like what are you doing right now? And he thought he was totally doing something on point.
Speaker 4: There's a theory that they did that they love Shallow May now and it's like, hey, there's still a couple of days of Oscar voting that might make people pick Shallow May over him for rolling the brutals.
Speaker 3: Then all uh, Paul McCartney ended the night.
Speaker 4: There's a theory that the three songs he played, the little metal he played is because in the Chris Farley Show back in the day, Chris Farley brought up.
Speaker 3: A couple of those songs. But I go back and watch that and said, remember when you were in the Beatles, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Have your road.
Speaker 3: I love you take is more than the love you make or whatever. Yeah, but that's also like inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it was good, but lyrically for the end of the June though, you know, yeah, and there was.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good, not great, but I think all of it's been amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go watch all of it again tonight. Good recap, good job Kevin.
Speaker 3: I'm ana listen to music with Christina. That's fair.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Christina will play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 9: You're a