Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the big for Society and now let's get on with the show. All right, Bigfoot Society, we get the privilege of talking to Michael today. Michael's an individual that reached out to me through email about some interesting things that he's had happen over the years, a few encounters that he would like to share. So welcome to the show. Michael. How's it going man?
Speaker 2: Good? Jeremiah, thank you sir. How are you doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. We just got through a crazy Iowa blizzard and we're crossing her fingers at this week next weekend doesn't do the same. So you know, it's always a good day when I'm able to talk to someone who's had a encounter and kind of work through it with them. So, you know, I want to make sure that you have the time to share what you have brought today, Michaels, So I'm going to go ahead and give things over to you, and right ahead, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happened in nineteen seventy six. The only reason I know the year was the bi centennial, and that was a huge you know, that was on the radio NonStop, and the fireworks were excellent that year. I think, whether it's through the eyes of a child, the fireworks were amazing. So and I went to this dude ranch about three years in a row, and I think this was the last year. That's the only reason I would remember the year is to buy centennial. The weird thing is to me it happened in Nebraska, and you know, well, we used to go to Lake Ococoboji all the time in Iowa, so I feel free in the winters. They can get really really mad in the Midwest. But it just seems really strange that my encounter happened in Nebraska, where you know, there is a lot of woodland, but it is predominantly open plain. And this was back in the seventies. Omaha is so much bigger now, but once you get to the outskirts, it's pretty much open fields, and of course you have a ton of wheat fields and cornfields. Anyways, the Dude Ranch, you know, back in the seventies, parents let their kids do what they did and hopefully they survived through the summer, you know, and they didn't mind dropping their kids off somewhere for a week or two. I think it was the last summer I was there. And the first thing I remember is and when I say Dude wrench, it wasn't like a huge, impressive cabin made of logs. It was a basic cinder block outfit. It's amazing what you remember from your childhood. I could still draw it on paper. It was role basic. It was a rectangle. One side was for the boys, the other side was for the girls, and then in the center is where we would eat and play games and have dances and things like that. The first memory I have of something just being a little off was I was talking to the owner's son and it was towards the evening and we had just gotten out of they had an above ground pool. We had just gotten out and we were drying off, and he was talking about weird things happening, and he was really vague about it, but the sun was setting and he'd just said there were odd occurrences going on, and I didn't get much out of him, But for some reason, that conversation from decades ago stuck with me. And I don't know if it was just the conversation or something else, but I had a real strong feeling of dread that came over us. It shouldn't have been there because we were right in front of the building, and their house was probably fifty feet where they lived from the building, so it's not like we were in the woods. But for some reason, into this day, I still don't know why this sense came over me, but it's like, and I know this isn't my mind as a kid, it's like it got darker quicker, the woods seemed more ominous, and after a few minutes that filling subsided and everything was good. You know, when you're eight years old, a lifetime ago. When you're eight, you don't tend to keep on subject for long and changing the subject. After a few minutes it went away. But I do remember that probably the leading up to the events. Oh pardon me for a moment. One night, and I don't know how long I had been there. I think it was probably towards the end of the two weeks stay. I think it was two weeks. I will always remember this for the rest of my days. In the middle of the night, one of the girls came yelling and screaming into our side, saying she saw a big, ugly face in the bathroom window. Now, when I described the bathrooms, they're real basic affairs, you know, toilets, sink in a shower. But the window was placed high enough so no one could peer in. I do remember the windows being pretty high, off the off the ground, and I'll go into the topography in the back of the building in a minute. But she came in and she you always heard people say white as a ghost. I have never seen anyone white. It's like, it's strange to see when someone when all the color has been drained from their face. And she came in and she was just freaking out, And my first thought was, well, she's trying to get one over on us. Guys, you know, you know, kids just you do stuff like that. And then I paused for a second and I was studying her, and she was scared. She was shaking and white, and she just said there was a big, ugly face in the window. And you know, we were like a beehive, you know, we're all uh, you know, we went into their side. We shouldn't have, but we did. We went into the bathroom, didn't see anything. I don't remember smelling anything either, And for some stranger we as a reason, none of us went outside. We didn't hear anything, no noise, nothing, And we got her settled down and we went to bed. And I guarantee you one thing when we all woke up the next morning. First thing we did, and I don't know why we did this, but we went outside to the back. And being eight, you know, six feet seems tall, but I would, you know, And this is a memory that's like forty eight years later, and I know memory is not you know, written in stone or steel. But we went to the back and behind the building. The ground slow down fairly quickly from the back of the building, and to me, being eight, we put our hands up and we were nowhere close to getting to the window, nowhere close. First thing we noticed were the muddy handprints. I don't remember it raining it may have, but there were muddy prints on either side of the window, and from what I remember is they were really big. And what really got me is the thumb was misplaced. What I saw, the thumb was a cross between a human and a chimp. The thumb was further back on the palm than a human's is. It was an imposable thumb, but that got me. The size. We kind of marveled at that, and like most kids that are eight, ten, twelve, there were all ages there. We quickly went on, you know, with the Dude Ranch things. And one of the things that Dude Ranch had which I really loved, my mom won a horse. And my whole childhood was being around horses, caring for them, being in the stable, so I knew horses fairly well. When they had horses, you could ride, and I I did it so many times I could even to this day, decades later, I could still put a saddle on a Western style. The only thing that got me is that I had to learn that when you saddle a horse, they'll puff out their chest because I don't think they liked the saddle being tight. I wouldn't want to be saddled up and have my lungs, you know, clenched. And what they would do is we would go on this so it was like a four day trek. It was a two day trek out. We'd camp, we'd eat with the supplies we had, we'd gather firewood, and then two days back. And it was a hard ride. And man, there is no pain in riding a horse, like eight hours a day. That'll tear you up. And the corral was right behind the building, and they had like probably twelve horses, and they had a large property and the horses were pretty well trained, and they would usually masks, you know, in the morning to feed in water. When the girl saw the face, I do recall not a sound coming from the horses, which which was strange because they usually kept them, most of them in the corral because a lot of us liked to go ride. So anyways, we got our supplies and we're going on our trip and it was you know, July nineteen seventy six. First night was fine, no issues, no problems at all. And the second night is kind of a paradigm shifting event. There's a few events in a person's life that will affect you, like the birth of my son, you know, falling in love for the first time. There are moments that define you. This moment was just as impactful as those were, but not in a good way. And mayan ken Are happened on the second night out we were, we had a campfire going. There were probably about ten to twelve of us. I think there were about two or three counselors the ust kids, and we were in an open field, but we were right next to a wooded area and we were bedding down for the night, and it was the strangest, strangest thing. I was in a deep sleep and I just happened for some reason to wake up. And I've always been that's the only superpower I have is I'm a white sleeper. If someone opens the door, I'm instantly awake and aware of what's going on. But it's like I woke up, stood up and immediately knew where to look. And at first I saw someone coming down a hill in the south we call them haulers, and then just the low point between two hills and it was summer clear sky, a lot of moonlight, a lot of stars. There was a lot of ambient light. And I saw someone walking down the hill and I thought, yep, I caught you. I was certain as one of the counselors out there to scare us. They love to do that to us, so they were really good at it. And I'm standing up surrounded, you know, the campfires. It's got embers going, but it's pretty much dead. I stand up and for some reason, I watched, but I didn't yell, didn't say anything, and I thought it was a counselor, and it stopped, and that's when I realized something is really off about this. The first thing I noticed were the arms. The arms were way too long for a person. That was my first hint that you know, something ain't right. And second thing I noticed was haroll over its body. And you know, as we're standing staring at each other, it was going down the hill, and when I stood up, it stopped and it's facing me and its shoulders are hunched forward a little bit and it swaying from side to side. And I'm like, first, I'm thinking, who does that? I don't know of anyone who who does that. You know that that's the most abnormal thing. We're staring at this thing, and I am an utter shock. I I can't say fear. It was utter shock. The body it looked like it was thin, like a well, it was like a basketball player, but thicker than that. It didn't have It wasn't the incredible Hulk. Uh you hear so often about. This one was much thinner. Uh. The legs were bent a little bit, it was hunched over, and it was just swinging its arms from side to side. The color I don't know if it was dark red, dark brown, or black. The only thing I saw was a perfect profile of it, and just the way it swayed was so eerie. There was no eyeshine, no smell. The one interesting thing to me is the horses did not have a problem. And I still can't explain that. I would think something like this would under every animal in the area, but it didn't. And we're just staring at each other.
Speaker 1: Big for society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: No eyeshine, and I was just rooted to the spot and I was in such shock I could all I had to do was yell out, and I would have had ten or twelve people up around me immediately. I could not move. My body was frozen, and we're just staring at each other. And I feel, honestly like it was for like two or three minutes, and I was so mesmerized. It's like this thing had I had tunnel vision, and this thing had my full attention. The rest of the world didn't exist, and I was rooted to the spot like a tree. I couldn't utter a single word, and it keeps swaying and again, going back to the body. Sorry, I'm jumping around a bit. The torso is a bit longer than humans, so besides the long arms, the hair everywhere in the swing, another thing was the legs seemed to be a little shorter than I would have expected on a person, and the torso was more elongated. And it wasn't skinny. I would say it was real solid, like if you had any elongated chimpanzee. The head it had fur or hair on it. I didn't see the conical head, I didn't see any ears, And we just stared at each other for two to three minutes. And this thing walks down the slope of the hill into the haller and disappears behind thick brush, and I don't know how long I was standing up, but eventually I laid down. I didn't sleep the rest of the night, and in the morning I didn't say a word because I didn't want to be teased or made fun of. That was, you know, as an eight year old. That was my biggest concern, was that. So we saddle up to horses and we're heading back, and this part, I'm not sure what to make of it. But we went by a really old shack. It was a really old house. Part of the roof had fallen down. It was broad daylight. Oh and the other thing is when before we took off, I settled the forest and I went to the haller and there was such thick brush. I do remember thinking, how could anything go through that without making any noise or getting bogged down? The brush was real thick, but I didn't hear any footfalls or anything. So we're heading back, and this point I'm not sure if my brain is playing tricks on me or not, because I was so spooked. But we went by an old shack. The windows were out, and due to where the sun was in the sky, the inside of the house was really dark, and we were all we were probably like, I don't know, eighty feet from this old beat up shack house, whatever you want to call it, And as we passed it, I really got the impression that there were like three kind of grayish white, hairy forms in there, and all I could see were the backs and heads were bobbing up and down like you would see a person eating. But I guarantee you there was no table, you know, in that shack and that really threw me. And about that time, my horse bolted and wouldn't stop. It must have gone for a solid half mile, and it stops right in front of a throw thorn tree and throws me in the thorns. So I don't know if that has if that's tied in, you know, if that was my mind playing tricks on me. But the horses were well trained, you know, well trained enough to to where the owners felt comfortable enough having young kids on them. One thing to go back a little bit is the morning we were supposed to go on this, you know, a little four day trek, all the horses had jumped the stable and it took us hours to go out in the woods and bring them back. And I'm certainly not you know, the world's sign is the question. And I'm certainly no horse whisper, but that just seemed like really odd behavior to me, that all the horses in a corral would jump out and the you know, the height was pretty you know, it was pretty high. In my mind, they were motivated to get the heck out of Dodge. So that's that's about it for the horse behavior. Anyways, we get back to camp and what's really odd to me is the rest of my trip there. I don't remember being afraid. It's like the whole thing was just gone. I don't know if it was a defense mechanism. I think it was. But during the rest of my time there, we were in the woods a lot. They didn't worry at all. And you know, camp ended went back home years ago by we moved them as a you know, I went deer hunting, I fished all the time, didn't have a single problem. And it wasn't until decades later in Arizona that everything came back and we were in Sedona. Arizona probably one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I think the red rocks really beautiful. Of me and a girlfriend at the time were staying at oh kind of like a bed and breakfast like a nice hotel. Well they had a the red rocks and a lot of pine trees, and it was a it was summertime. And we went down a series of stairs that had a lot of switchbacks because it was a tall, steep hill, and at the bottom there's a hammock for two and we're just laying there, you know, just just enjoying the night, you know, warm summer night, a lot of ambient light. You can hear the water in the creek going by, you know, very very peaceful and relaxing, and the most embarrassing thing. While we were there, I just suddenly, you know, this is like twenty five years later plus, We're sitting in the hammock just looking up at the stars, and I just had this overwhelming feeling like, oh my god, we're going to die. And I have never been so panic stricken as I was in that moment. And I told her we got to go, now, we got to go. And that was the longest flight of stairs that I've ever taken in my entire life. The the feeling of fear and impending doom was totally overwhelming. It was pure fear response. And we got back in U into the room and I calmed down, and for some reason, everything flooded back, and uh, I just paced around. She sat on the bed and I told her exactly what happened. Thank thank god. You know, she she believed me because that was, you know, really embarrassing. You're you're not to have fun, you're young, you know, and then to wig out like that. But she was understanding, which I appreciated. Uh. And it's like, uh, I don't know why that particular moment, since I had been out in the woods hunting and fishing so often to this day, I would love to know why it took that particular time for that triggering event to happen, because I had been out in the woods, you know, camping growing up in small town Missouri. That's what you did back in the eighties, is you you know, hunted, fished, and cruised and that was it. So I don't know why that environment triggered it, but it did, and I immediately started to convince myself it didn't happen. And I tend to go with Okham's razor. The simplest solution is more often than not the correct that's the way to go, and that's pretty much served me well in life, so I thought, okay, nightmare, false memory, mentioning it, you know, misidentification. And I literally spent years trying to convince myself that this didn't happen. And it was like a major war going on inside my brain. I was just utterly doing everything possible convince myself it didn't happen, but I know it did. I didn't talk about it to anyone for probably another twenty years, and you know when I did, I immediately got judged, ridiculed and shot down. You know. It's like like I don't know if many bear in Nebraska, you know, in the seventies up until now, or they just blew it off. And that includes family, and some of the family were much harder on me than anyone else, you know, they I really got mocked for it. So I learned to, you know, be be quiet about it. I don't know at what point in time in my life I finally was able to accept, Okay, this did happen. And ever since I could remember it, I haven't gone hunting, I haven't gone fishing, camping, hiking. You know. My encounters were not epic, they were not violent, but they left the mark and it took my joy away, or a part of it, because I would respectfully suggest to everyone listening, and this may sound hypocritical, enjoying nature and getting out and getting out of the rat race can be You can have the most wonderful, amazing moments of your life. And it's all very simple. You know, you're enjoying nature, you're out with friends. That was taken from me, and I feel really weak minded and feeble. Then it's affected me so much when you know, it wasn't like ten feet away, it was like sixty feet away. I couldn't make out the face, but it was in perfect silhouette. And from that moment forward, I watched a ton of stuff on a YouTube TV. Pretty much everything I watch is usually Sasquatch related. And you know, years past that relationship ended, and me and my son lived in Phoenix, Arizona for quite a while, and then we moved to a small town in Georgia and we've been here for several years now. It's a really small town called Sylvania, and I am surrounded by woods. But I had gotten used to incorporating this into my mind, and I was getting more comfortable. And when I say getting comfortable, I wouldn't run as a fiftieth year old man to the front door to my car at night. You know, that was like a big deal for me. I know it wasn't, but for me it was. And then the you know, so things were going pretty well and then this next event that happened. And the only reason I know this is on my Facebook. I was going back and it was on February fourteenth, I commented on this, so I know it was winter and it was another sunny day. It was you know, winter, so it was cold, but the sun was out. And standing out front of my yard, I'm surrounded by trees, you know, Georgia a lot of forestland, and I'm looking to the left by the propane tank and I see two furry legs from like the knees down, walking from left to right through the brush.
Speaker 1: Big for society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: And I, uh, my jaw dropped and just like the last time I turned towards this thing, and both encounters there were no uh, no smells, no sounds, nothing. It was like stealth mode. But what got me so I see these and these were black. This was black hair. It didn't seem to have massive muscular legs, you know, from the knee down. But I clearly saw it through the clearing of the brush, and it is the strangest thing. It's takes a few steps and then it stops, and I can see the legs turned to face me, and if I had looked up, I probably would have seen more of it. I'm actually glad I didn't. But my honest opinion is it was like, oh, the ugly, you know, hairless pink monkey sees me and it immediately turns around and runs back the way it came. But ed took off with the burst of speed instantaneously, And I wish I would have had a device that could have timed this thing, because it took two or three steps and then it was a literal blur. I'm not saying it disappeared. I am I two encounters. I did not have anything I've heard about the War of the Wu. Some people think they're supernatural. Who am I to tell anyone their experience, But in my opinion, I think they're more supernatural. I think they're so adapted to their environment and they're so adverse in general, you know, to us noticing them, that they're able to hide really well, and I think they have strength and speed that moments of high stress, and I know what those high stressed moments are like that I could perceive that it just disappeared, but I think it just took off with such a burst of speed. Now what's really weird is so you know, I've incorporated this memory into my psyche and I'm, you know, doing okay, and then this happens, and then good lord, then the house slapping starts. This was like two to three nights later. It always happened in the middle of the night, and it always happened in my son's room, and it wasn't really loud, but it was a pretty good impact on the side of the house. And if I would make one suggestion to anyone visiting Georgia is do not go to someone's house between two and three am in the morning and slapped their house. Because the gun culture is big here. I've got guns. You know, it's a very polite and general civilized, you know culture. But when it comes to your house, you're they're going to shoot first, and you know they'll they're not going to ask questions. They'll answer questions from the cop when the corner picks you up. And I was like, you know, my first thought was, well, you know, we've got a deranged deer or something that's repeatedly slapping the house. And eventually, and I don't know why it took me so long, but eventually I call the cops and a cop came out and I did lie to the cop. I got to put that out there. I told the cop. A few days ago, I saw someone in a gilly suit. I only saw it from the knees down, and it was a black gilly suit, which would make no sense. You know, if you want to hide in the brush, black is not going to do it in Georgia. He had a flashlight. He searched the area and he didn't see anything. I didn't expect him to, but that uh, And I don't know how many days this nights. This had got on before I called the cop, but was really interesting. I was like, and I asked the cop, listen, I feel threatened. You know, I've got my son and a bonus son I'm helping to care for. Also, I feel threatened. You know that to me, that's an aggressive display. Am I okay to shoot? And the cop said, well, you got to feel like you're in danger. But if you feel like you're in danger, you can, you know, but just try to exercise good judgment. And we're talking and I'm talking about the uh, the house being slammed. What was real interesting, as the cops said, what I would suggest is getting a game cam and or a couple of them. And we've got two bushes on either side of the house and pushing the cameras right, they'll point over the yard into the woodline. And he said, you need to get some game cams and put them up and maybe it'll stop. And I just thought, you know what, I know what I'm talking about, and I think you know what I'm talking about too. I was really dancing around because in a small town, the speed of light has nothing on the gossip mill of a small town. It exceeds the speed of light by a dozen. And I didn't want to be a laughing stock, so that's why I lied and said it was a guy in a gilly suit. But I thought that was real interesting. He suggested the game cam, you know that that may stop it, and I was like, I think we're on the same wavelength, but neither of us are going to cop to it. Pardon the pun, and my take on it is, and I have no proof of this. I think it was a juvenile possibly, and I think it got tip that I saw it, and it decided to slap the house for a number of nights. You know, just I don't know what these things are, but I think it wanted to get a rise out of me. And another thing that happened, since I'm such a light sleeper and I'm a sofa sleeper, I went slept in the bed for years. I don't know why I love sofa so much, but like right now, I'm looking out. I've got quite a few windows in the living room and I'm looking in the yard. There were several nights where I would wake up to filling the impact of heavy footfalls on the ground, like real heavy. But what's strange is I felt the impact, but I didn't hear anything. And I'm not saying there's anything supernatural involved. I don't know, but there are several nights in a row where I was waking up by what I felt the impact on the sofa as I'm sleeping, and it immediately woke me up, and you know, so you know, time has passed since then. I had one friend. Her name was Nora. She since passed through COVID, and you know, we were friends and I told her my story and she handled it well. She said, you know, Michael, I have no doubt what you experience, you believe you experienced. And I thought, you know what, that is perfect? She said, you know, I wasn't there, so I cannot tell you if what you saw it was an actually adventure not. But I thought there is no better politically correct answer to give someone than that, just to say, you know, maybe it's possible. And then time goes by and my current girlfriend's I hit the pay dirt with her. She is amazing. The only thing I questioned her on is why she is with me, I really do But I told her about the subject and she was into it also. I was like, man, I hit the mother lord with us. This is awesome. And she told me she had an enkilter. And it's just amazing that when you talk to people, how it will set off a memory or you know, someone will say, yeah, this happened to me, or this happened you never know. You know, it could be someone you know giving you a total raft because you're talking about your experience but maybe they're in denial of what they saw or what they experienced. But my girlfriend had to me this was a real horrific encounter. She lives hours north of here, and I think she's been in Georgia her whole life. But she was in I think the living room, and she noticed a window and two red eyes were looking in on her. And she was little, and she immediately freaked out. Who wouldn't you know, glowing red eyes are not something you psych yourself up to see or prepare for. She ran to her room and told her sister, and her sister came out, and sure enough, it was totally dark, but she saw two burning red eyes just looking around and they just tottled in the room until their I think their parents were out. I think I don't the story wrong, but they were scared, and I think she told her dad, and I think her dad reasoned it off. And her dad sounds like a really solid guy, so I don't think he was ignoring her. I think he was just, you know, we all have our view of reality and we try to, you know, put the square in the square shaped hoole. And I don't know why I asked this, but I always remember from the likeet creeks, you know, that famous thing. He always follows the creek. And I asked her, I'm going to guess you had a creek or a river close by you, Is that right? And she was like yeah. So it's really amazing to me that you can talk to people and a number of times they'll have experiences. I've got If you don't mind, I could tell you a real quick one in Ohio of someone I never expected to talk about it. That's okay, it's a bit more grim.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Me and my son lived in Statesboro, Arkansas, and it seems we get all the streets. So he has a friend, you know, family life isn't that good. So we take him in and I'm talking to his mom and the subject came up and she related to me an experience they had. They were in Ohio. I can't remember where. I wish, I wish I could, but I can't remember the name of the town. They were on a pro and the woodline, you know, abutted the property, you know, within ten twenty feet, and it was evening and they had a horses and the fence for the horses came up pretty close the house and all the horses were there. The dog just had some pups. They were all sitting out and joining the evening, and they were looking down on a well worn trail and they caught a perfect silhouette of silhouette of something huge and monstrous standing up. All they could say had black hair, and the fear hit them and she just said, you know, quit, get the dogs in the house, Get in the house. They get in the house, and they noticed all the horses immediately tear off for the other end of the fence line. And they didn't even want to look and see what this thing was or know more about it. She said it was absolutely huge, really tall, dark hair. Limbs were huge. And she said that a number of days later, nothing happened at her house. But some friends of theirs had some chicken farms, and what was happening is they were losing dozens or scores of chickens and something was getting into the I don't know modern chicken farming techniques, but I know they have, you know, large buildings they usually keep them in. And they said their neighbor was complaining because they would come out in the morning and he would have dozens of chickens all around and with their necks ripped off or the necks always mangled. Nothing was eaten, but it was everywhere. So that was another instance. I'm like, you just never know what you may hear by talking about it, and hopefully it made her feel a little less nuts about their encounter, because I do think talking about it it is a good thing. And that's brought me up to the here and now and I'm talking to you big.
Speaker 1: For Society will be right back after these messages, Michael. Thank you for sharing what you've experienced over these years, some really fascinating accounts. As we were talking before the interview, I don't hear a lot from Nebraska, and that is just a really interesting account that you shared. And even though you know you were saying, you know, it's not super scary or whatever. The thing. The thing I tend to focus on is that these encounters are occurring to just normal people in normal situations. For you, you were eight years old at a dude ranch in Nebraska, kind of like in a summer camp type setting on a horse trip. There it happened very very interesting stuff. Are you able to to share Was it more the eastern side or western side of Nebraska?
Speaker 2: Or you know what I have spent for as the million dollar question, Jeremiah, I have spent so much time perusing the internet because about two miles away we'd walk there. They had a rebuilt Western town. It was a few buildings, but they had a saloon the kids would go in and they had soft drinks, ice cream. And I have looked at every picture of every small Western town and recreation and I cannot find it. It's lost to the sands of time. All I know is my parents must have really wanted to get rid of me for two weeks because we were in Omaha and it was like, I'm going to estimate like a four hour drive. And even though Omaha is pretty open, there is woodland, and I could see where these things could travel at night, you know, bed down during the day and not be seen because there is a lot there's open land, but there's a lot of it sparsely populated. So all I know roughly, and I've even scoured maps hoping to find you of something that happened, you know, God, forty eight years ago. God, I'm fifty six, I'm old, and I cannot find anything on it. Now.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a mystery that listeners can try to solve is where's the missing dude Ranch in Nebraska? That would have been about a four hour drive from Omaha, and you know the timeframe, so yeah, that's could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting dude ranch photos. I've tried to pull up dude Ranch seventies Omaha and you know, or just Nebraska. The building itself wasn't big and it was cinder block. I don't know if the land has been cleared, you know, you know, it's been decades later. But if I knew where it was, I would literally save my money and take a trip just to go back there. And I have no idea why I would engage in like a twenty hour drive, but for some reason, I guess it would just be completing the circle. It's like, I'm still here and my encounter was a violent Thank God. There's a lot more hair raising stories, but I do think it does leave an indelible mark on each person because it is a really paradigm shifting event. You know, as I said, the birth of my son, one moment the world, your worldview is facing south, and the next minute your worldview is north. And operating that for me has probably been the biggest challenge. I don't doubt myself more. I know it happened. I would just hope all your listeners would realize. And I don't think I'm special, you know, I wasn't chosen to see this. Honestly, I wish it happened either time, but it did. I would just hope that they would feel comfortable to come forward and talk about it, because this it has been cathartic, you know, talking about it. It really does help.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you brought that up because that was actually something that I was going to ask you. Is you know that you've you've been through so much ridicule and people mocking and even close family members have been the worst, and you know why you start sharing now, But you just answered yourself. It's uh, it's very helpful in your personal situation to go through it.
Speaker 2: And I've always told my son and this is a bitter pill for everybody, but I think everyone you know grasped this concept. Just because someone is blood does not mean their family, and just because they're not blood does not mean they cannot be family. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: That's one of the smart I mean, that's one of the best lessons you can learn to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and decades. But I am the I am the smartest dumb person out there. I'm very well book read, but it's about it. For practical application of knowledge, I'm a total loss.
Speaker 1: I'm right there with you, friend.
Speaker 2: I'm really curious about your thought on this. And it's the million dollar question. Everyone asks what you know, because your knowledge is a lot broader than mine. What do you think these things are? And I know there's a million a million people have a million different answers. There's no right one, there's no experts. And if someone claims to please run for the holes, too many of them out there. They're just curious. And I don't mean to spout I hope it's okay to ask that. I'm just curious. To me, they're they're flesh and blood and they're not to be trusted. I really don't like how they seem to take an interest in children, and I've heard enough negative encounters to where they're out there my experiences. They're flesh and blood. That's all I know. But I I would not trust one as far as I could throw one, which is no.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a really interesting question. It is the the thing that does always get brought up. And it's so interesting because as you get involved with things and maybe start to go places and experience things and read and talk to people, this can all change. But I would say right now, you know, I am looking at it through it is some It is a physical being, but that has some really interesting abilities that science might not know how to wrap its mind around, except for if it's fringe science. And that can change in the future as I'm going through things before. If you're to ask me today which you are, that that is what is going to is going to be said. Now I can hear what you're saying there. It's so interesting. There's so many stories and accounts out there, and you know, you do have things that are similar to like what you've said. But on the other hand, there are also some accounts where you have the the young child that was found after being alone in the woods for days and says something to the effect of the kind teddy bear, you know, save me. That kind of thing that makes you wonder, right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't if my memory serves that was in the winter. Bears are hibernating in the winner and one wa except from its torpor. I'm thinking that it's going to see a child as a food source. I would have loved to have been there and shown that child pictures. I don't want to. I wouldn't want to traumatize the poor kid. But I well put pictures of bears, bison and then go to like gorillas and monkeys and see what did the pair look like? You know? And Uh, I am the biggest hypocrite, or I used to be at one time because whenever I heard WU, I ran for the hills. But I'm slowly beginning to think maybe there's something more more to these things. Then, as you said, perfectly, science uh is unable to uh happen right now? Uh? I remember the uh North American Wood Ape Conservancies. Did you hear about tag number seve them? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's a that's a great report people can read on on their website. Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And they didn't have all the data points, but they took it to biologists and the biologists just mirrored it, and I'm like, you know, it was on the low end of data data points. That amazes me that with all the history that it just are so shut off to it, except like Bender, nagele Meldrum and either of this is the greatest hoax of mankind. Patterson, Gimwood would have nothing. You know, this has been going on for hundreds of years. The ancient pictographs of I believe a bigfoot, a female and a young one on a cave somewhere. And it seems like every well not every, but so many native tribes have names, have stories good, some are bad. And I really like the old historical accounts of like from the eighteen hundreds, and I'm like you the cabal of people that are putting on the biggest hoax. So there's something to it, and I just I tend to go that there is something going on, and to me, there's enough evidence. I wish science would turn to it. But you know, I don't know if they don't know about these things, and just revealing that I would love and know the reason if they're holding that secret, why they're holding on to it.
Speaker 1: It would be really interesting. I think most listeners are right there with you, but you know, there's a few other Yeah, there's a there's another question that I did want to ask you. That muddy handprint is really interesting. Have you ever seen another handprint, Like, is this anything where you've studied to see if you can find anything similar to that or.
Speaker 2: You know, really interesting question, and I have not. I've seen nature shows like on chimps and things like that, or like gorillas, and I've noticed the hands part of that still disturbs me. And I think that's maybe why to this day, I still haven't researched that, because that handprint was just real eerie, the sheer size of it and the s placement was just wrong. That's the best word I could use it. It was wrong. And wow. Yeah, part of me thinks their abominations, and a bigger part of me is it's in the unknown category. Everything is speculation on these things, even the Patterson Gimlin film, you know, film one hundred people have one hundred different views on it. The one thing I think that makes it legit, you know, and this is just my own opinion, is when Patty walks, there's like a couple of frames where you see the impact tremor running from this calf to the thigh. And I don't see how an iact muscula sure impact shremor could be duplicated. Back in sixty seven, when the best thing they had were pointed to the apes.
Speaker 1: It is one of those pieces of information that does get brought up quite a bit. And yeah, that is a whole conversation in itself, but you know, my friend Jonathan easily brings that up a lot where you know, look at the muscles moving when it moves in that film. It's pretty incredible. Reminds me when you saw the one move away down the hill and then into the haller and then into the brush. I believe did you notice any in interesting movements that were that seemed unique while you were watching it or was it just a little bit too far away to notice those details.
Speaker 2: No, it was about sixty feet, so for me it was really close, closer I ever wanted to be. I didn't. I didn't ask to see this. It did glide. It was like going down an escalator. It was so smooth. It was like a piece of silk and a light breeze, if that makes sense. It was very smooth and fluid, and it was like going down an escalator. And you know, it wasn't false. So the ground there was no well there was no tree debris to make noises. But I didn't hear a tree snap or anything. Didn't smell anything. But yeah, you asked that because I forgot to mention that. But yeah, it moved really smooth it. It didn't move like a The proportions were way off, but it didn't move like a human did. It was like on an escalator, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It definitely does make sense. It's nothing that I've seen myself, but it fits with the other accounts I've heard. But the way that you described it with the piece of silk is just really helps you imagine it even even more, especially for someone like myself who hasn't experienced that personally. But that is extremely extremely interesting and just also to verify when you got back to the dude ranch, this was not discussed at all with anyone, correct.
Speaker 2: Not at all. And I don't know. I think I blocked it out, uh because I honestly feel like, uh, within a day or two I went about my you know, typical eight year old stuff, doing things that a dude ranch in the woods. But I never said a word because my first and biggest thought is I going to get teased so bad? How would I how to even explain what happened? I I, you know, I don't know what I believe in no, no, I know saw squatcher out there. I've seen two of them, but I don't know what they are. And the first big thing is I didn't want to be teased or ridicule culed, and the second one at the time, I don't think I would have been able to verbalize what I saw. And what gets me is how it's so amazing how the mind works that you could totally block it off for years until some triggering event. And I don't like to use the word PTSD because I feel like that's disrespectful to service members, but I think it was, you know, a form of that. I think I had blocked it off and for whatever reason, decades later, the particular event triggered it became crashing back. Have you had a lot of people that have had that? Is that a rare thing with people that have encountered or I haven't really heard anything from what I've listened to, which bothers me. But have you heard of that a couple of times?
Speaker 1: I definitely have talked to a few people where they have, you know, gone under hypnosis like no therapy, and they've been able to remember more of what they experience. I'm thinking of a conversation I just had. There are times where people, you know, it's almost they go through so much trauma related that their their mind suppresses it and then something like hypnotherapy brings it back out, which is really interesting. Also, the other interesting thing is that the area you were, Sedona, is really known for some unique things, especially related to energy, and it almost makes me wonder if maybe just because you were in the area of Sedona that had something to do with it. But it's just that's one of those, you know, hypotheticals.
Speaker 2: Really, I do feel if I hit the power ball, we are going to have a house in Georgia and in Sidona. It's the most beautiful place on the planet. But I do agree, and I felt it. I you know, never had any paranormal experiences in Sedona, but I loved it so much because, uh I just felt energized spiritually. And I'm I'm a Christian. Uh So I'm not you know, I'm not into crystals or something like that. That's if you are, that's fine, you know, but there was something there for me that, uh it was a real positive place. Every time I went there, I just felt energized and it stayed with me for you know, a couple of weeks until I could go back up there.
Speaker 1: It's extremely interesting. Yeah, there's definitely you're you're the way your worldview definitely affects how you view these these things that happened to you. That is, it's really an understatement because some of these, you know, when you have these encounters, there can be long lasting effects from them, and this is outside of you know, potential PTSD. But Michael, it has been just a pleasure talking to you today. Thank you for coming on the show and for sharing what you experienced at different times of your life over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for letting me talk at this feel good talking about it to this extent, because well I really don't talk about it anymore, but when I did, it was the cliff notes version, the you know, single paragraph, three sentence form. So I appreciate you listening to me because it does feel good talking about it. For whatever reason it does makes me. It's made me feel better today.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that. And if you ever, you know, need any other help with anything related to this topic, you feel free to reach out and I'll do the most I can to try to help you. So but thank you.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sending an email as Ben. It's been fun talking to you today.
Speaker 2: Michael, me too, And take care and be safe out there and if you want to see you when, I truly hope you have an encounter that's being on and is a positive one.
Speaker 1: Just want to take a few minutes to say thank you to you all my listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much. Make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the follow up or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's a list the Subtle Lake area of Oregon, Rainbow Oregon, McKinsey Bridge area, sweet Home, pretty much that entire area, the north part. If you get what I mean. I'll see you back next time. Listeners SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b FS like Bigfoot Society, but BFS and I'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla was nice enough to provide that for my listeners. So there you go. I look forward to seeing you there, So make sure you head over to www dot SASA watch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today