Speaker 1: Welcome back to part two of our series about the murder of Roger Dean. Let's jump right back into the case. So many years after Unsaw Mysteries aired, they tried to take a fresh look at the case and try to solve it because of that wonderful little invention known as DNA, which nobody would have been thinking of back in nineteen eighty five. And the killer, like I said, when they fled the scene, threw off their ski mask and left it at the house, and they probably thought that that wasn't going to be a big deal. It was never going to be linked back to them, But they would not realize that decades after the fact, that they would be able to take samp of hair and saliva from the mask and use it to extract DNA. And I had to wonder if the killer was following the case and kicking themselves for that decision for leaving the masks behind, because it would ultimately be their undoing. I know that in some articles in the two thousands they talked about how they ran the DNA through some criminal databases and it failed to match anyone, and that they were collecting DNA samples from a whole bunch of potential suspects and people from Rogers' personal life, But there were apparently six people who refused to provide the DNA voluntarily. They did not mention in the article who these six people were, but obviously me know that six people were not in on this crime. So I guess that's just a lot of people who were pair right about not turning over their DNA to law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Well, I can understand that to a degree, especially back then. I don't know what year that was, but it was still early on kind of in the infancy of DNA, and so a lot of people thought, like, what sorcery is this? This can't be accurate. What if there able to like nail me for a crime that I didn't commit. There was a lot of unknowns with DNA, and now it's really trusted. Even though it's become more complex now because of touch DNA and the more sophisticated the technology gets, there's a lot of ways that DNA can come into a scene that isn't necessarily the DNA at the killer. And so moving forward, I mean with people when they're committing crimes to think about like what could possibly get you nailed? I mean maybe even breathing at a crime scene. If they're taking like samples of air, in the future, maybe they're able to get DNA from the little bits of spittle that like goes into the air that's in the in the cloud. Like it's insane to think of what type of advances in technology in ten twenty thirty years that people now they think they're being careful by, you know, wearing gloves and doing all these sorts of things, putting back their hair, that they're not leaving anything behind. Well, there's going to be things they're leaving behind that they're just not even considering, like back in nineteen eighty five, thinking oh, it's okay to throw away a mask, like it's not a big deal. They're not going to be able to trace it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have seen so many cold cases from like the seventies and eighties get solved where the killer left something like a Kleenex or they left a cigarette behind, and they're probably thinking, all these years later, damn, I wish I hadn't smoked at my murder scene because that led to my undoing forty years later. So tragically, DJ passed away in August of twenty twenty at the age of eighty eight. And it's always sad when family members of murder victims die without ever getting any sort of resolution. And it's particularly sad here because we finally would get some sort of conclusion in this case, only about eight months after DJ passed away, So that makes it all the more sad that she just didn't manage to live long enough to see her husband's killer wrot to justice.
Speaker 2: That's bittersweet. I mean, at least Tammy is alive and able to see justice served, but went through so much in her life. She experienced more loss than any other individual should ever have to bear. And then for her to pass away six months before this individual's charged and there's some resolution, it just doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, know, because it would have been all the more satisfying that the hell she was put through to finally get to face the her husband's killer in court and stuff and finally realize that after thirty five years, I am finally safe. He's not out there and he's not gonna harm me. So it is just kind of bittersweet that she had to pass away like that. So let's talk about how they finally solved this case, and as you probably guessed, it was through DNA and genetic genealogy. When they first started testing the DNA back in the mid two thousands, they did not have genetic genealogy, but they started using it. They entered the DNA samples into a genealogical database and it was eventually traced to a suspect named Michael Jefferson, who was now sixty four years old. He was only living in New Orleans, but back in nineteen eighty five he had lived in Colorado, and he also had a past criminal record, so he seemed like a viable suspect. So of course, when you match up evidence to suspects DNA in a database, you can't officially arrest them until you can collect a sample of their DNA to make a conclusive match. So what they did is they put Jefferson under surveillance, and he actually boarded a flight to Los Angeles in order to go visit his family and was followed by two deputies who stayed on the flight kept an eye on him, and when they saw him throw out a water bottle, they actually went up to the flight attendants collected the bottle and preserved it as evidence. And after they landed, they performed testing on the DNA on the water bottle, compared it to the DNA from the hair samples on the killer's match, and it turned out it was a match, so they were able to swear at an arrest warrant, go to Jefferson's family's home in Los Angeles, and finally arrest him and charge him with rogers murder.
Speaker 2: Well, damn, that is a really good use of resources to follow him around get that water bottle, and I mean got a wonder too. Like a lot of times, killers, when they're aware that the authorities don't have their DNA, they often are very careful with what they dispose of in any public places and even what they touch exactly.
Speaker 1: Like I have no idea if Jefferson was aware of how DNA worked, if he knew he was being followed or anything, but we have seen like other cases where they'll follow a suspect around, they'll go to like a fast food restaurant, and after they dispose of their their cop or like their wrapper or something, then they'll collect it from the garbage to get their DNA. But this was an extra mile, like boarding a flight from New Orleans to Los Angeles and following him to another state just so you can collect something containing his DNA. But it did pay off, and I'm sure Jefferson was taken by complete surprise when he's staying with his family and then all of a sudden they break down the door and then finally arrest him.
Speaker 2: That is an incredible amount of commitment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm glad to see that it paid off well. When I first learned this news, I was taken by complete surprise when I saw Jefferson's mugshot because he is a black man, and for many years it had always been put forward that Rogers killer was white. I mean, I know that he wore a sche mask throughout the whole thing, but unsaw mysteries. They made it look like sound like he was white, and they portrayed a white actor to play the killer during the reenactments. So this completely threw me for a loop. But then I found out that on the morning of the murder that a little girl who lived in Roger's neighborhood had been looking out her bedroom window after she heard the gunshots and said she saw a black man running away down the street and climbing into a parked car before he drove away, so investigators, for whatever reason, were skeptical he tried to reenact the situation. So they went up into this girl's room and looked down at a white police officer running that same route past like a whole bunch of bright white snow. And they said that the police officer from that angle kind of looked like he was dark skinned. So they figured that the girl must have been mistaken and that the suspect was white. But it turned out it was a black man all along. And they actually went back and interviewed this girl who's now an adult, and she essentially said, I told you so.
Speaker 2: That is really funny, especially since she remembers that from when she was a little kid. And she's like, all these adults aren't listening to me. I know what I saw, and nobody's listening. They're all thinking of some white guy. I think he does throw people when someone's wearing a mask, But he disposed of his mask in the home, so the other people that saw him, you'd think that they would have noticed that he was black.
Speaker 1: I don't think there were any other witnesses. I think that girl was the only one who saw him running away. There are other people who saw what they described as a man sitting in that car, but I don't think they saw his face, or they were too far away that they couldn't tell his race. And because DJ only saw him with the mask and she had duct tape put over her eyes, she really didn't get a close enough look to discern if it could have been a white man or a black man under the mask. But for many years, the authorities were operating under the assumption that was a white man. And now I'm wonder is how many leads did they look at that turned out to go nowhere? Because I'm pretty sure that the secretary's son was a white guy as well, and I really don't think they looked at any black guys. So per usual when all these cold cases are solved after so many decades, the suspect turned out to be someone who was never on the radar at all.
Speaker 2: I guess they were just working with probabilities, right. Usually when a crime is committed, if the victim is white, then typically the perpetrator is white. Like That's not always the case, but more often than not it is. And so the fact that they discounted what this little girl said, like you said she was the only witness that saw somebody running away, and they're like, oh, yeah, from this angle, they could have been darker. But it's like you went in there trying to disprove what she saw because other people may have seen someone who was white. You already have this tunnel vision believing that the perpetrator was white, and so you actively tried to discount what this little girl said and disprove it so that your theory of the crime could be the correct one. And to the detriment of the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely confirmation bias here, and I think that maybe they would have looked at things from a different angle, like maybe they at the time they found out that Roger Dean had some sort of personal connection with Michael Jefferson, but they completely dismissed him because he was a black guy, and they figured the killer was white. So I really don't hope that this prevented them from solving the case from many decades because of their confirmation bias. So here comes the most craziest part. I actually have kind of a personal connection to this case. Jefferson's arrest was announced by the authorities on April ninth, twenty twenty one, but they actually arrested him a couple weeks beforehand and just did not make it public until that exact date because they had to get him. They got him in Los Angeles, they had to extride him back to Colorado, so there was a lot of stuff to do before they could make the announcement. Well, a couple weeks beforehand, I actually received an email from a who said he had listened to my Trail with Cold episode and he asked me a specific question. He said, on the episode, you mentioned that there were six people who refused to give their DNA over during the investigation. Do you know who these people were? And I said, sorry, they didn't publish their names, so I have no idea who they were. I don't really have any information to offer you. And then he just casually says, okay, I got a good suspect. He was just arrested. And I was like, wait a minute, how I haven't heard anything about that. What's going on? I didn't really pant no mind, but then a couple weeks later, I hear the news that Michael Jefferson is arrested. I go back and look at this guy's email, and guess what his last name.
Speaker 2: Was, Oh, my god, Warder Jefferson. Oh, I'm like, what who is his last name? When you're like I've got a personal connection, I'm like, his last name wasn't Warder?
Speaker 1: Was it? No? No, it was Jefferson. And when I look at the timeline here, I am positive that Michael Jefferson was visiting his family and that this guy who wrote the email probably witnessed him get arrested. And then I wanted to go online to find more information about the crime and found my Trail and Cold episode and then emailed me, and so I emailed them back saying are you related to the Michael Jefferson? And unfortunately he never replied. But I'm confident that emailed me and told me about Michael Jefferson's arrest before it was made public, and that he personally witnessed it and looked at my podcast episode.
Speaker 2: That is a wild wow. So I wonder it must have been one of his relatives. That seems like who else is going to have the inside scoop on this arrest? And then you go and look up different podcasts, listen to yours and be like, oh, I wonder if you know uncle or cousin or whomever was one of those people that refused to give DNA. And then later when you find out that like, actually somebody got arrested, that this person wasn't just making this up out of thin air, or they clearly had the inside scoop, that's so wild. Well, it's much better than the idea of this person being Jefferson Warder, like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, no, not like that. You know, when I said personal connection, I meant I had a very loose connect, not anyone I knew. But as you know, you've heard the story a million times about me and the killer of Janelle Matthew Steve Panky that he was one of my Patreon subscribers. And this is another weird incident in my podcasting career where I hear from the relative of a guy who was arrested for murder before it was made public. And I remember sharing this story with some of my fellow podcasters because this was only like I think five or six months after I found out Steve Panky was on Patriots. So these they essentially said to me, why does this keep happening to you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, You've just somehow attract these people that you attract the weird and the wonderful, like the best and some of the worst.
Speaker 1: It's true. I've had so many weird stories since my podcasting career started, both good and bad, and this is one of the weirder ones. So of course, now that Jefferson was arrested, I was so anxious for so many details because I mean, in so many of those there isn't much of a mystery here. If it like involves a woman being like raped and murdered, you know that the killer was likely a sexual predator and they killed her at random, so you don't really have to ask a lot of questions about why they did this. But with this one, there were so many because I wanted to know, did Michael Jefferson no, Roger Dean, was this is staged kidnapping? What was his motive? Was Jefferson the person who called years later and made the extortion attempt? So I was just anxious to learn more details. But here we are recording this nearly four years later, and he has still not gone on trial because there have been like so many complications for years, they didn't release anything to the media, Like if you went back and googled his name. There was nothing about Jefferson's arrest after April of twenty twenty one, So to try to figure out what was going on, I kept checking the Colorado Court dock at website, and for many times throughout twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three, I would see Jefferson's trial on the court docket, and then it would just keep getting inexplicably postponed. And finally I thought it was going to happen in like July twenty twenty four, and then it just like disappeared from the court docket. And I'm just asking myself, what is going on behind the scenes, because they're not releasing anything, and why is it taking so long for this case to go to trial?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I can understand maybe like the first couple of years because COVID, I mean, you've got to write to a speedy trial in the US. So the fact that this has been incredibly protracted, it seems like this is the violation of his rights in some capacity. But I guess we don't know the circumstances as to why it's been delayed, like maybe there's a health issue, maybe it's delayed on his side. I have no idea. But I can understand, like twenty twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, why it would be delayed, but like why now things seem to be moving smoothly.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I finally have had learned kind of a reason why it kept getting And I do have to give them credit for not allowing any leaks to get out there, because we've seen with stuff like the Doufi murders trial that that was surrounded by so much drama from stuff constantly leaking out to the media, but this one they kept it tight under wraps. It left me really frustrated. But I finally got some new news in July of twenty twenty four when they announced that there was a scandal going on with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation involving a forensic scientist named a Bond, Missy Woods. She had worked for them for twenty nine years and she had worked on some high profile cases. But I think there was a lot of controversy because she was apparently like mishandling or fabricating a lot of the DNA evidence in a whole bunch of cases, and people were afraid to speak out until like an intern in her lab finally went to the authorities and they launched a full fledged investigation and it's turned into like a major disaster here, a scandal where they have actually sent out letters to all the inmates in Colorado prisons who have had Missy Wood's work on their case and handled the DNA evidence, and they have said that you know, how have the legal right to look at all the documentation, and if you find out that Missy Woods has mishandled or fabricated your DNA in any way, you have the right to appeal your conviction. And sure enough I found out, Oh no, she has handled the DNA in Michael Jefferson's case. Two.
Speaker 2: Oh no. So does that mean in your opinion, that they've got it wrong, that somehow there's something wrong here or do we just think that like because like when you've got corruption in that type of capacity, when you've got somebody who's fabricating results, typically it is not every single case. It might just be cooking the books for something where they couldn't get exactly what they wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when I first heard this news, I really didn't know what to think because they hadn't released any details about what other evidence they had against Jefferson. I mean, if they had a bunch of other corroborating evidence to prove he did this, then I'm like, Okay, then he's probably still guilty. But if all they had was the DNA match from the genetic genealogy, then that makes it a bit more questionable. So I was left hanging there, and then I'm checking the Colorado Court doc a website and then I see on the dock at there in October they have sensing hearing, and I'm like, wait a minute, is this Are they not even having a trial or are they going to dismiss the charges? But then they publicly announced that they are offering Jefferson a plea deal, and that I know that the former lead investigator has gone on the record saying that I am one hundred percent certain that Michael Jefferson is the guy. But they're so worried about this scandal with Missy Woods that this is going to taint the whole trial that I think they're worried that they're not going to get a conviction. So they have offered him a plea deal and they're going to have a hearing about it in January about a month after the release of these episodes, so we will finally get some conclusive answers about how many years he's going to get to what other evidence they had. But yeah, this whole thing is been messed up because of this whole scandal with Missy Woods.
Speaker 2: So unfortunate. You expect people that work in investigations to be beyond reproach, and we know that that isn't true because human beings are fallible, they make mistakes. We see corruption in law enforcement all the time, and I guess that we should expect that the same thing could happen with scientists. Just because you've got a background in science doesn't mean that you aren't somebody that could be corrupted in some capacity. And maybe it's for ego. Maybe it's because she's a people pleaser and wanted to shore up cases for law enforcement where something wasn't a solid She was going to give them what they needed to go forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I haven't seen any examples yet of any convictions being overturned because of Missy Woods's antics. I mean, it's possible that she helped fabricate some evidence against some guilty people and hasn't put any innocent people in prison yet we just don't know. But in Michael Jefferson's case, I know that lead investigator says that he's quite unhappy about this, and I know that Tammy hasn't publicly commented on the situation, but they have said that Rogers' family is not happy as well. It says that the maximum Jefferson could receive as a thirty two year sentence, and if he does get that, that's essentially a life sentence because he's now sixty eight years old. But part of me thinks that he probably wouldn't agree to the plea deal unless he was assured that he was going to get a shorter sentence and that he could get out of prison while he is still alive. So the fact that he's taking this plea deal makes me think that he probably is guilty, But I want to hear more details about what corroborating evidence they had, what his motive might be, and I do hope that one of the terms of this plea deal is that he has to go in open court and make a full confession about everything that happened here so that we can finally learn the full truth about why Roger was killed.
Speaker 2: Because if Michael Jefferson is indeed guilty. There's so many hidden variables here, Like I feel like we just we're just scratched the surface. It's like the whole Iceberg thing. We know ten percent of what actually happened. This wasn't just a chance encounter. This clearly seems like Roger was expecting him, Like why had he stayed behind that day? Why was he sipping his coffee in the garage with a garage door open when he would have typically left for work? And what were to believe that Michael Jefferson just happened upon this house and this was completely by chance. It doesn't seem like this was an accident that he just stumbled upon this home and just decided to victimize Roger and DJ. It's it's just too convenient, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think so yeah, because this was a very nice suburban neighborhood that was not known for violent crimes. So I find it very unlikely that someone would just park there and just go into a random house at seven am, which is a time when people are getting up and going to work and going to school. So it's a risky time to commit a crime like that against random victims. So it makes me think he did have some sort of connection with Roger, and maybe the police have discovered it and have just not released it publicly yet. And I would like to know, like, is it possible that Roger did hire this guy to stage a kidnapping and then went horribly wrong and led to Jefferson shooting him. We just don't know, and we're still not entirely sure if he was the one responsible for the extortion attempt in nineteen ninety. I know what investigator has said that he believes Jefferson's voice does sound like the voice on the phone when they made the threatening calls to DJ. But even if he is guilty of that, he won't be charged for his role in the extortion because of the statute of limitations. But that's another question I want answered. Was that Jefferson or was it just an opportunist, like say the secretary and her son who just tried to capitalize on DJ's tragedy even though they had no actual involvement in Roger's murder.
Speaker 2: What can you tell me about Michael Jefferson back in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, not a lot has been released. I do know that he does have a criminal history, but I don't know what it's for. I don't think it's any violent crimes like murder. I think has mostly just been stuff like robbery or something like that. And they did establish that he was living in Colorado in nineteen eighty five, and I don't know when he relocated to New Orleans, but it would make sense for him to leave the state if he was guilty of this crime. But it just makes me wonder if him and Roger were in on this together, how would they have crossed pass Like? How would a guy who runs like a food services brokerage firm like have contact with a career criminal like Jefferson, who, as far as I know, did not work in this field.
Speaker 2: That was my question was how would these two have become acquainted. I just I can't foresee a scenario where, like you said, a career criminal is going to be mixing with this successful guy. And I don't know in Colorado what race relations were like, if there was a lot of mixing. I mean, it was a different time I'm back then, and I don't know if it was very integrated, if everybody really got along. I think Colorado's always been fairly progressive, but I can't really speak for Colorado as a whole. I know Denver is, but I don't really know about the whole of Colorado, so anything is possible. It does seem strange that these two would somehow become acquainted, but I just can't think of a world where this just happened by chance. There's too many things that are off the typical routine of Roger to let this just be a chance encounter.
Speaker 1: And also the fact that he transferred the thirty two thousand dollars to a secret bank account without telling his wife like that tells me that he was involved in something. I don't know if the thirty two thousand dollars had anything to do with Jefferson, but because he said, you owe me money, and he told Roger, let's go to the bank and get the money out of this account, it makes me think that he was well aware of it and had some sort of involvement and maybe in some business dealings going on the side with Roger. We just don't know, but I do know that when he was arrested it threw me for a loop because I used to be inclined to believe that this was the result of the secretary and his son, and that because Roger had ended the affair but was still seeing the secretary a week before his murder, that maybe the son got jealous, tried to extort amount of money and killed him even though he didn't plan to. But now we know that they're probably red herrings and probably had nothing to do with this. And I just don't know how Michael Jefferson fits in.
Speaker 2: I guess there's just a lot of information that hasn't been released. And if we knew more about his background and we could figure out a way how these two would have crossed paths. Did they have a mutual friend? Was there somebody in Roger's life they could have potentially been friends with Michael Jefferson, And maybe Roger had somebody close to him that he trusted, that he discussed this potential plan with, and Michael Jefferson was suggested as somebody who maybe could help him pull this off. I don't know what type of like quote unquote like best friends Roger had at the time, if there was any close confidants or trusted individuals that maybe took that secret with them to the grave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's possible that maybe the people who might know the secrets have since passed away. And I've also wondered if Jefferson had any personal connection with Tammy as well, because he specifically in that extortion note, like mentioned how they had been stalking her and following her. And I mean, technically we don't know if Jefferson wrote the note, but whoever did, did seem to have like a weird obsession with Tammy and clearly knew a lot about her personal life.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could have just been one of those things where it's easy to focus on the individual who is the youngest and the most attractive, and also it satisfies two things, right, If they're attracted to her, then they're focusing on her thing that they can really talk about with ease. But also it's something that's really going to get under the skin of DJ because this is her only remaining child. She's, like we've said before, it lost everybody to tragedy, and so her priority is going to be maintaining the health and safety of her surviving daughter, Tammy. And to threaten the life of Tammy is to threaten the life of DJ, right, because she would literally have nothing and nobody left if Tammy were to go, So I think it could be strategic, but it also could just be one of those situations where they're like, they find themselves in this scenario and then they find themselves attracted to Tammy. So it's very natural to talk about her in that capacity, as creepy as it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would make sense to me. And that's a shame about DJ passing away before this took place, because she might be able to offer some insight if her husband had any dealings with Michael Jefferson, or if she knew who he was, or if it was just a complete stranger to her. But like I said, the sensing hearing is to happen, I think January sixteenth, twenty twenty five, though given all the other delays that have happened in this case, I would not be surprised if it happened again. But I'm hoping by next year at least I can finally share like the full story about what happened to her, the conclusion, and we'll finally have some answers because selfishly, like I want justice for Roger, but I also want to know like the full truth, because this isn't just one of those murders where you find the perpetrator and that's it. There's an entire story here that we need to.
Speaker 2: Know, absolutely, And I feel like the fact that it took this many years, Like people say it's justice, but I think when a killer gets away with committing murder and they get to live all of their best years of their life in freedom, and then when they get really old they're sentenced to jail, it's like, is that justice? They got away with it for the best years of their life.
Speaker 1: That is true, because I have seen some recent cases where people have gotten away with it for thirty forty years, they're found guilty and sent to prison, and then they die just a few months after their sentence, so they don't really have to suffer that much in prison. They just die shortly thereafter, and it just feels kind of like bittersweet and anti climactic. And that's the thing with Michael Jefferson is we still don't know what plea deal he'll get. So if he gets a sense where he can technically walk out, well he's still alive and like live and die a freeman, then that's just going to be totally outrageous. And that's just one of the damaging things about corrupt law enforcement people like Missy Woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean you could see a scenario where if they don't ask for a life sentence, maybe they ask for twenty years. If he is to give a confession and the details of the crime, they might lower the sentence. I mean, I think there's a thirst for exactly what happened. Like you said, of course you want to see justice for Roger, but like I too want to know the details, like how are they connected, how did they know each other, what was the purpose of this? Did you intend to kill him all along? Was this just an accident? And then you were kind of felt as though you were forced to go through with murdering him. There's just so many questions and like we can't answer any of them, and it's so frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from these past few years, I've been tempted to keep emailing Michael Jefferson's relative just to see if he'll give me some answers. But I have a feeling he's not going to talk to me about it, so he's.
Speaker 2: Probably not going to talk to you. But I mean, hey, it couldn't hurt You should send a follow up email and just just ask shoot your shot exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we don't find out the full story about what happened, I'll be freaked out. Though if it turns out that he was in on the crime together. Knowing what happened to Steve Panky, I the least bit surprised.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't be surprised either, Like nothing surprises me when it happens to you anymore, exactly.
Speaker 1: So many weird things in my podcasting career. So uh yeah, that's about all I have to say about Roger Dean. Like I said, it's a nearly solved mystery where we haven't arrest, but we don't have a conviction yet, and we still have a bunch of unanswered questions. Do you have any further thoughts or questions about the case.
Speaker 2: This is giving me like brainitch where I'm like bothered because we just don't have the details, And I'm going to constantly go in loops and think about this because I have no idea how they knew each other, and like that is the one thing that is going to really just keep going around and around in my head because I just can't think of a world where they would run across each other and we just don't have those answers. We're not going to. I have to accept that unless he goes to trial, and unless we get a full confession where he tells all of these details, our appetite for that knowledge will never be satisfied.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It's very frustrating when these cases are solved, but you still have so many unanswered questions. And I can tell you that on the times that I've rewatched the Unsolved Mystery segment since its arrest, is just so awkward to see it because they do a reenactment with a white guy and then now you know, Nope, that's completely inaccurate. That's not how it happened.
Speaker 2: I love how that little girl was like I was right all along, and just like nobody listened to me.
Speaker 1: I know we got to so many years ago if you would just listened to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that about brings an end on our series about the murder of Roger Dean. Thank you so much for watching us, and Jules and I will be back to do another series of episodes just the two of us next week, So thank you for your support and see you next week.
Speaker 3: Robin, do you want to tell us a little bit about the Trail Went Cold Patreon.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Trail Cold Patreon has been around for three years now, and we offer these standard bonus features like early ad free episodes, and I also send out stickers and sign thank you cards to anyone who signs up with us on Patreon. If you join our five dollars tier Tier two, we also offer monthly bonus episodes in which I talk about cases which are not featured on the Trail Went Cold's original feed, so they're exclusive to Patreon and if you join our highest tier tier three, the ten dollars tier. One of the features we offer is a audio commentary track over classic episodes of Unsolved Mysteries, where you can download an audio file and then boot up the original Unsolved Mysteries episode on Amazon Prime or YouTube and play it with my audio commentary playing in the background, where I just provide trivia and factoids about the cases featured in this episode. And incidentally, the very first episode that I did a commentary track over was the episode featuring this case. So if you want to download a commentary track in which I make more smart ass remarks about Jewel Kaylor, then be sure to join Tier three.
Speaker 3: So I want to let you know a little bit about the Jules and Nashty patreons. So there's early ad free episodes of The Path Went Chili. We've got our Pathwent Chili mini's, which are always over an hour, so they're not very mini, but they're just too short to turn into a series, and we're really enjoying doing those. So we hope you'll check out those patreons. We'll link them in the show notes.
Speaker 1: So I want to thank you all for listening, and any chance you have to share us on social media with a friend or to rate and review is greatly appreciate it. You can email us at The Pathwentchili at gmail dot com. You can reach us on Twitter at the Pathwent So until next time, be sure to bundle up because cold trails and chilly pass call for warm clothing.
Speaker 2: Music by Paul Rich from the podcast Cold Callers Comedy