Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: My mom sent this text message when we were talking earlier, and she said, I'm with KT. I'm just not ready yet. I think I'd sit there and get angry again and cry if you know what my mom is talking about, because it's what KT said he would not be able to do tonight. And you're the first person to leave the answer on the talkback feature on the iHeart app which we use. You leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the answer to that question. Like twenty minutes ago, KT told us that he's not going to be able to watch something tonight. He's just not ready. And if you were listening as we were talking about it, then you are going to win the tickets. We're going to wait BFD tickets all week long, aren't we. Kray, that's right. Do you want to win those PFD tickets? I know that you do. You can go May twenty fifth to the dose Eki's Pavilion and you can win the tickets today if you can answer that question. What did KT say he wasn't going to watch tonight. He's just not ready, Ben, He's just not ready, just not ready. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 3: This judicing your news hot gods become.
Speaker 1: Stay on top in the wood shovel.
Speaker 3: Right, we all get into something from the big game here in a little a little bit in the show and how you know last night pertains to the cowboys as well. But uh, let's talk about the halftime show. Kendrick Lamar is your performer. And I do realize that we were on ninety seven point one Egle, a rock station, but I don't think there's been a huge rock act do the halftime show in over a decade. And I'm I'm scratching my brain here to get I mean, dude, do I have to go like we've never had Metallica?
Speaker 2: Do it? Have we?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I remember the Who doing it back when I was in like high.
Speaker 2: School, But that's I mean, but I would can consider that to your point, Like I'm thinking, all right, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, like that's who quote unquote classic rock. Like we're not bumping Born to Run on the Eagle. So we used to talk about this all the time.
Speaker 3: The only zones did it?
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't play the Stone no, but I mean no, no, I know, but what I'm saying, like for what our station is the only band that I thought would have the the gravitas to do it was the Foo Fighters, and they've never done it. The closest we've ever had is Prince doing a Food Fighters cover.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, so we really don't have those type of rock acts playing the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But Kendrick Lamar obviously a big name. I don't know this is I think, maybe not as big as you know Rihanna. A couple of years ago, the Doctor Dre super Bowl with Snoop and a whole list of people even the weekend at the time. The highest of his power is more popular than Kendrick Lamar. I would say.
Speaker 2: Kendrick was on that Dre thing, wouldn't he. Yeah, he was one of the featured acts. Cort Yeah, ten people. Yeah, so, I uh, I think that the headline for me. Of all this, outside's one of them. But look, it's the song. It's not like us. It's the disc track Beef with Drake. Everyone was wondering or is the NFL gonna let him play it? And man, I thought he handled it so well because he teased it.
Speaker 3: He teased it.
Speaker 2: It was like a musical in a lot of ways.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a definition of artist. Oh yeah, dude, there's I don't I haven't had time. Like, first of all, we were watching it in the brewery. It was hard to hear everything. But there's so many Easter eggs and everything that he does, Like you could take a junior college course go back and figure out everything he was trying to say.
Speaker 3: Uh, Samuel L. Jackson kind of comes out to kind of counter him a little bit.
Speaker 2: You talk about uncle Samuel L.
Speaker 3: Jackson, col sam incredible. I love how it started out on a Buick and you know you got the elevator underneath the stage, so a million people get come out of the car.
Speaker 2: Clown car.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant. But here is him teasing not like us. The the you know the song that for everything Kendrick Lamar has done, that song is his legacy.
Speaker 5: First, I'm hearing it last night. Are you serious? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, you need to walk to the kitchen more because they played it on Kiss one of the six Old today. I heard it out in the hall all the time the last few months.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pop music waterboard you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what like y'all had to explain what the A minor thing was to me? Because I was like, is he talking about the note or what you are? I'm an old woman. I don't care.
Speaker 1: There's okay, here is him teasing this lady. I want to make a move. I want to perform their favorite song. But you know they love the sue. Yeah that song? Oh maybe I think about now what I slow it down, say, ladies, do me this silent.
Speaker 2: You lost joke damn this month.
Speaker 3: And then he goes into Looser, which Siss is on and Scissa is the kind of featured performer last night only one. Well he had a couple other dudes join him, but it wasn't like the normal Super Bowl thing where there's a bunch of big stars. Hey here slash. Yeah, we'll get to one of the other ones at the end. Because I think that's a good one too. I had to look that up. Okay, this is good. I so when that happened, I was like, this is great because I was like, he knows exactly what he's doing. I don't know how much of America was in.
Speaker 2: On this or not.
Speaker 3: I might say a lot if you weren't. And you're like Christina, I do think you need to look in the mirror and say, maybe should I catch you up on a couple of things or Zeppelin again?
Speaker 5: I think again?
Speaker 2: You do you do you?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 5: I enjoyed it. I will say I knew maybe three songs of all that he played, but I enjoyed the performance. Like Ben said, it was kind of like watching a musical. It was really cool.
Speaker 3: Well, this is kind of the intro to not like us. His second to last song of the night. He gotta let it go the whole time. I is he gonna do it? Is he gonna do it? For those that don't know listening right now, I'll tell you in a second what we're talking about. Here's kind of how he injured it. Yeah, they tried to break the game, but you can't fake influence.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 4: Hey I'm tripping, I'm slapping, I'm riding the bet like, what's the crowd?
Speaker 2: He a freak?
Speaker 3: That man damning timber the lamps tell him breathe that him.
Speaker 2: Boys couldn't walk around like thaves.
Speaker 4: What's up with the cat trying to see Compton in the streaking me coup them on? Let me mama, how many I'm joking that?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's too many options.
Speaker 4: A crash on his body. I'm just stufting.
Speaker 3: Okay. He basically called is calling Drake Karl Malone too. Well, you can look into that if you'd like on Karl Malone stuff. How did Karl Malone dodge all that? That's amazing, It's amazing has Low dodged all of it to have the floor right after the Super Bowl too?
Speaker 6: Though, thought about you last week because the Chris Collins were a thing was going viral last week?
Speaker 2: Did you see that? They're like, how am I not?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Had like ten million views? People like how am I not seen this?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 3: How's he not canceled?
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, that's been going around for a while. Katy's favorite video.
Speaker 3: Lifts my heart That you thought of me. That's if I'm known for that.
Speaker 2: I think of you anytime anybody brings up Epstein too.
Speaker 3: So okay, well that I'd like to not be associated with, please at least not publicly. Look. The line is basically, let me find the actual lyric, because I think that's important because I want to read it so you can hear it. The one thing that I do think rappers might struggle with in super Bowl halftime shows where it's loud, and the acoustics are not great. Is it's kind of hard for it to be extremely clear because they because of how good they are rapping, you know, so it's like can I it's just hard to keep up with if you don't know the songs. If you do know the songs, you're good. But the line certified lover boy, certified pedophile? Why are you trolling like a bitch? Aren't you tired trying to strike a chord? And it's probably a minor. Okay, So there's what a lot of people in America probably didn't get last night. You will see that the people in New Orleans absolutely knew what was.
Speaker 2: Coming, just like at the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he's talking about Drake.
Speaker 1: Here there we go. Just make sure you have your.
Speaker 3: Little system from him. They kep a chuff to hold you wanted to get your hammies downs?
Speaker 4: Got the plan with his gas down over your chase? Why is he a round cert of five, a boy CERTI fuck, I'm on tough.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep my stuff. Ain't you tire trying to strike a cord? And it's probably a minor.
Speaker 2: Seventy thousand people.
Speaker 3: I got the chills dude dog.
Speaker 6: Right, So think of a drake like choosing to battle him like that you're dead, like how you have been eviscerated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you thought it was gonna go well.
Speaker 2: Because he's drake, Like you don't know until you know, like what when has he ever taken in? And dude, I actually, I mean it's just different because it's Kendrick Lamar. I thought he was completely picked apart and destroyed by Push a Tea in a way that no one could ever come back. I mean that was the wait what when? Like that was probably six years It was pretty a separate battle. Yeah, when he exposed his kid and did the whole story, I mean I was like, my god, And that was the thing where like older rap people intervened and we're like, hey man, let him off the mat. But it's just different because Push a t Is not on the level Kendrick is. Recognition wise, Kendrick racks up Grammys. That song one song of the year, like not even rap song of the year. That one song of the year a disk track. It's not on an album, no, you know, dude. In the Serena thing, that was cool. I'm fascinated by that. Okay, So that's one of Drake's exes. So she's there crip walking, yeah, all right, and sending a message. But I did see a lot of talk about this today about Okay, she's married to someone else now and she's married to it like a tech bro. Does she really need to go and worry about her ex?
Speaker 5: So I had to look this up. Ben He Drake actually wrote a song about her like husband like that she's with right now, basically saying that she settled for it and whatever. So he was dissing her husband and so her dancing, yes, definitely a slapping the face her read it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, he's a multi billion dollar tech bro's some.
Speaker 3: And he's like some Italian guy or something like, he's some weird. She did good, she did a whole lot better.
Speaker 6: But dude, it was with him something his his dancers, like, uh, it was so well choreographed. And then to have it be the map and then to have it be divided, yeah, and him in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. And then to have one of them sneak as Sudanese flag out there? Did y'all see that story?
Speaker 3: He didn't know about that. Well.
Speaker 2: The so the NFL has already come out and said that that one person is banned from all NFL stuff for the remainder of his existence.
Speaker 3: And they kind of tackled him like while the performance was going on, I didn't even know and he couldn't sit because it's like, yeah, it was off to the side almost you know, it wasn't even on the big white mat that was out there. The last one. The last song he did, he did his tv off which is on his new album. His new album is really good. Now maybe he snucks not like us on his new album. It's on his album. It came out as a song, but it all came out GNX. Is that the name of it tv off. TV off features a DJ by the name of Mustard. So it's so great that everyone got d L. Mustard.
Speaker 4: I go by the name of Kay dot Kid. You go out, okay, now, my missed moraw. This is GNX. We come out away from cop to calapunt you to a part of the jaw.
Speaker 3: I mean you just said I did my Super Bowl party with my pretzels.
Speaker 6: You did draft Mustard?
Speaker 2: Somebody did you have a bowl of mustards? My wife wants to know more about who DJ Mustard is my wife rolls around bumping the Kendrick record and the Bad Bunny record NonStop. He's out of controls really good. Yeah, they're heaters top to bottom.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good. I mean, I don't know, like, okay, just what grating skill is. They're all good. In the end, they're all good. Like I think we got to a point where we just talking crap about a lot of them. They're all pretty good because of so much craft that goes into it.
Speaker 2: I would say that when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were on stage with Aerosmith, there was not one redeeming quality to that. That was a low moment in pop culture history. I thought that sucked. But that was what twenty five years ago?
Speaker 5: I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was when they were teen stars. It was way before the boob incident two thousand and one. Yeah, think about that and Nelly.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 3: But it had a pre recorded interest sketch with Ben Steeler, Adam Sandler and Chris Rock.
Speaker 6: Dude, what about Tom Cruise introducing the whole Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, why is this happening? There's something I didn't see at the time that was going around this morning. That was Brad Pitt narrating something that was several Yeah, did y'all see that they have nine Super Bowl hype videos right before. Yeah, it's really crazy. I just missed all of it. And then the game sucked.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh it sucked so bad. God. I hated the game and I hate the Eagles, so it made any more a boring game in which Philadelphia dominated.
Speaker 6: That sucked, But coming up next, we're not We're still not going to talk about that game because we just don't care and I want to break down the second court. We hate Philadelphia. But there are rumors of the Cowboys trading mi Ca Parsons. We'll talk about that, and maybe we'll talk about that terrible super Bowl next