Speaker 1: You're listening to k F I am six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. F First, let me say hello, Actually it's really modified today. Elmer in for Cono. Hey, Elmer, how's it going, bro? It's how's it going? It's going well? Okay?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey bro? Things are Things are fine? Okay. I don't think anybody's ever asked me that from your seat. How's it going?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Hey dude, things are good. Okay. So Elmer is not here. Robin, who was filling in for Cono yesterday, is not here. So this is Elmer. I assume Elmer's last day filling in for Robin, who was filling in for Kno.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am that right, yes, So just on one day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, you got it. Now. As we all know, Amy is taking off her birthday month and which is always a great idea, and filly in for Amy is Michael Monks.
Speaker 4: I'm not as cool as Elmer, so I will just give a nice white boy, how do you do?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: You are so white? You know, I mean it's like lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches on wonderbread.
Speaker 2: I mean you are that white. I do appreciate that, sir, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, quite all right, and good morning. Can't hear you? Anne got to turn on the mic. No, something's going on with her mike. All right, you can wave, you know people can see it, all right, fair enough, Well she figures that out, Neil, good morning, What up? What do yeah? I try that? Yeah, okay, we can go for that one for a real long time. All right. Oh, we got a lot to cover today, some insane stuff. As I have been saying, it's we're going to talk about Trump. I think more over the next four years than any other president we ever have talked about or ever will talk about. And so there's a whole bunch of new things going on in the Trump world and our world. And I actually know people. I was talking to someone that's pretty close to me and we had a meeting set up, and she said, she's going to India. I go India. She said, Yeah. The first time Trump was elected, I had to get out of there. I'm going to India, and I went to India. Now I'm celebrating the sex the second election. I'm going to India. Okay, why India? I have no idea, no idea. Okay, you can give me the perplexed Look.
Speaker 2: What happened last time?
Speaker 1: He was I just wanted to share it. Now, it's nothing. I was just in conversation with her and she had mentioned that, that's all, and that was connected to we're going to talk more about Trump than any other president ever have ever will Okay, fair enough, matter of fact, That's exactly what we open our news news hour with. It's time for Handle on the News, Michael Monks and for Amy Neil and me lead story. I once loved a woman a child.
Speaker 4: I'm too.
Speaker 2: I give him my heart, but she wanted my soul.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Elmer? How do you connect that music to this story? I have a question about that.
Speaker 3: I was looking for songs about like getting fired from work, and this is like the main one.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, anyway, guests who got fired from work? As Elmer just said, Trump, Oh, here's a shocker. Fired the prosecutors who prosecuted him during the last cycle, the election or the actually it was doing the election cycle where Trump ended up winning. So he said, they're all gone, and you know what happens. They're all gone. And these are career prosecutors. And I'm hearing the liberal media get pretty upset about My god. These are career prosecutors. They were only doing their job. Trump shouldn't have done that. These were the guys that were trying to put him in jail. He is now the president. What would you do? I'd fire their asses immediately too, That's what I would do. So they're gone. And they were told by the acting Attorney General saying, you know, I just don't believe you, or he said in a statement, he didn't believe that these officials could be trusted to faithfully implement the president's agenda because of their significant role in prosecuting the president. Now those that are defending them are saying, well, yeah, they just follow the law and they'll prosecute anybody in which an indict has been brought forward, although they're the ones that brought the indictment. So you know, what do you do with that? You know, is that wrong? Maybe? Would I do that? Yes? Absolutely all right.
Speaker 4: I think at some point we will be able to study the OPRAH to MAGA pipeline. Because we had doctor Oz, now we have doctor Phil. I'm wondering if anybody has seen Nate Burkis lately. I haven't heard from him. Maybe he's decorating the White House these days. But if you've seen videos of some of these immigration enforcement efforts around the country, you might have seen a guy named doctor Phil McGraw show up in them. I'll note that he posted a video on his own ex profile where he is seen talking to a guy in handcuffs and this guy asked for a lawyer, and then his next question is are you doctor Phil?
Speaker 2: What do you think, Phil?
Speaker 1: What do I think? What doctor Phil said? He probably said, And by the way, how do you feel about being deported? Uh? Is it really bothering you? Are you coping with this very well? You need to take a dip in like you Uh yeah, he embedded It was embedded in an ice action. Sure, why not? Now, I didn't know that Phil mcgrah is connected with Trump. It's it's news to me. And maybe I just think, Okay, I didn't, you know, that's just something I don't know. Uh So he is he's a trumpst Well.
Speaker 4: He spoke at that that rally that Trump had at Madison Square.
Speaker 1: Guard Oh you know what, And I didn't. I didn't see that part of it. Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 5: Oprah likes those that now are on the side of Maga and then those that are now in prison for rape.
Speaker 2: You know Oprah and I thought Oprah was a liberal.
Speaker 4: I thought Oprah Oprah is but she has platform folks who have taken any different.
Speaker 1: Political German and uh, that's just doctor Oz again, a super conservative who came out of the Oprah world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Where's that designer guy, Nate Burkis?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, why all right, go ahead and take a break. See rounding up? Got it out here? We have another Trump story. A lot of this is really strange. Some of it absolutely as I said yesterday. You know, some of the positions at the Trump administration is taking you may disagree with, but is understandable. There's a logic to it. It's a political view. A few are just like insane. Next one coming up right there in the crazy World.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what we're doing every Friday now. It's Ask Handle Anything. It's a fairly new segment and we are doing this just to embarrass me. And what you do is you record a question, any kind of a question. I generally answer it and try to get a little bit out of the box. So here's how you do it. You go to the iHeart app while this show is broadcasting. Go to the KFI paie each At the top of the KFI page, there is a microphone in the upp right hand corner. Press on that microphone and you have fifteen seconds which to ask me a question and make it a little bit different. And then I honestly tell you what the answer is. And people are enjoying it, and it's all about humiliating me. So you know we're gonna do it for a while. And so that happens on Friday, by the way, when we broadcasted the eight thirty segment and Neil and Ann choose the questions. I don't know what they are until you hear them and I hear them at the same time. So ask handle anything, go to the iHeart app. All right, let's do it.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'll help people really quickly. He's no longer in the Persian Palace. Yes he's getting married. No legal questions. Oh and the podcast was just too much. Okay, anything outside of those you're fine.
Speaker 1: Yes, the you know what I am? You know what background, what ethnicity, I'm a member of the size of the member, which has a lot to do with the ethnicity and the religious background. It's all really connected. Okay, back we go more Handle on the news with White Jiggy Boy, Michael Monks, Neil Savedra and me.
Speaker 5: A US Center for Disease Control and Prevention official sent a memo to senior leaders at the agency on Sunday night, telling them that all staff who work with the WHO must immediately stop their collaborations and wait for their guidance.
Speaker 2: And they said what, and they said who, and then they went third.
Speaker 1: Base, right, and then they played a Who's song. Yeah, great, great band. I'm going to do more about this at eight thirty because this is one of those where I had mentioned before we had gone to break that there's things that are going on with the administration you can completely disagree with, but there's a logic, and then there's other stuff that makes no sense.
Speaker 2: This is in the latter category. All right, how about this one?
Speaker 4: All federal grants and loan disbursement has been paused by the White House, So the federal agencies now must temporarily pause all activities related to obligation or disbursement of all federal financial assistance. And this is a pause that also blocks the issuance of new grants that could be a problem for people, governments, businesses.
Speaker 1: Now, this does not necessarily mean that all that all grants will in fact be eliminated, because it is a pause while they figure this out. But this is an insane amount of money. And Trump, he ran on the promise that he was going to rip up the government and he's doing that because people don't trust the government. They trust him not to trust the government. And he is a president, our president, who has come in on the promise that it's all going to be blown up and start from scratch again. And it's happening. It is happening.
Speaker 5: This is my rifle, this is my gun. This one's for killing, this one's for fun. Maybe that won't be heard.
Speaker 1: And that's a woman saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. President Trump.
Speaker 5: On Monday, Wow announced that he had signed four executive orders that will reshape the military, including banning transgender service members from service in the US Armed Forces, getting the military's diversity, equity and inclusion programs gutting them rather, and reinstating with backpay service members who were discharged for refusing.
Speaker 2: To get vaccinated from COVID nineteen. Why would you care if somebody was transgender in the military.
Speaker 1: Because if you are transgender per se, there was something wrong with you. That's for starters. Second of all, that it's an issue of our people in the LGBTQ community, and specifically transgender who get the most grief of all. Do they want equal rights or do they want more rights? And the issue among conservatives they shouldn't exist at all. It's one of those things that our country it doesn't matter, it doesn't it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. There is a whole underlying issue against this weird, crazy, demented, perverse way of living. If someone wants to be a transgender and we don't want them folks in our military. Just if you were born a man, you're a man. If you're a woman, you're a woman. And never the twain shall meet.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that female do meet.
Speaker 4: Babies are made at some bars, not all bars, I should point out in the pursuit of equality. Israel has reported to death of some hostages during the seasfire that's going on after that fifteen month long war between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 2: They say that eight of those hostages.
Speaker 4: Have died and dozens remain in captivity still. So I don't know what this means for that situation over there was this expected bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they knew there were a group of dead Israelis. We don't know about Americans if they're still around. There's still three or four Americans left. But one of the things that Hamas, as gracious and wonderful as it is, not only took live hostages, but also dragged back bodies of Israelis that they had killed and or they kept the bodies of Israelis that they executed while they were in captivity. And that's part of their negotiating. Will give you back bodies for the families to bury if you give us, in this case Palestinian prisoners, or get out of out of Gaza, or stop the war, all all the things that they want, including now human humanitarian aid. A lot of people think this is not going to last. This is not going to last because both sides. You got Hamas, which has declared victory. By the way, I thought they weren't they need to make that big a deal about it. But they have declared victory. They have won this war. Just look at Northern Gaza and they but they're intransigent. The Nittanyahu government is the most pro war government that Israel has ever had, and so it is. It's tough. It's tough, but you're going to see not a huge number, but a large number of the remaining hostages, about one hundred of them that are dead, and the bodies will be handed over.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We continue with Handle on the news Michael Monkson for Amy neil Me.
Speaker 5: All Right, the Central Intelligence Agency has assessed that the COVID nineteen pandemic is more likely to have emerged from a lab than from nature. This came out on Saturday. The agency kind of didn't really land or come to a conclusion for a long time for the COVID nineteen and whether it was a result of a lab incident or not. But final weeks of the Biden administration for former CIA director William Burns asked CIA analysis to kind of and the scientist to make a clear determination.
Speaker 2: So they did. But it's they say it's with low confidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's analysis by the CIA. Whenever they bring up intelligence, it's confidence level low confidence, medium confidence. When Osama bin Laden was killed, and Leon Panetta, who was Chief of Staff, brought forward to the president the choice do we do we go after bin Laden or not? Uh? The C I I. The CIA produces its intelligence and they had with high confidence that Obama was there, UHC, that Osama bin Laden was there about his ford Pakistan. So it's that's how they do it. It's not there, it is there, it's going its levels of confidence. So this is low levels of confidence, which what the hell does that mean?
Speaker 5: It's well, it means that they if they had a gun to the head, that's what they're leaning towards it.
Speaker 1: Say maybe who knows, I don't know, but yeah, if I had to guess, I'll go here instead of there.
Speaker 4: There's been an interesting shift in Republican and conservative politics because we just noted a story a few moments ago about trans military service people, and I think that any type of Republican backlash against LGBT, it's really primarily focused on the t these days. And perhaps that is evidence by another gay person serving in an administration of Donald Trump. Scott Descent confirmed as Treasury Secretary, and he is the first openly gay person to serve as Treasury Secretary, and I think that makes him like fifth in line to the throne. So maybe the highest ranking open homost sexual in the history of the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is no small cabinet position either. This is not the postmaster General. You know, he decides how much we're going to pay for stamps. This is about as high end as you can get. This is one of the four or five most important cabinet positions that you can have. And so you know, it's it's a mixed view of the Trump administration sort of way to sack. He's gay and that's okay, a trans is not. So it's gonna be fascinating stuff. Oh another Trump star.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh, what are the odds?
Speaker 5: An Indiana man recently pardoned by President Trump for his role in the January sixth riot there at the US Capitol has been shot killed by a sheriff's deputy during routine traffic stuff, and it seems that an altercation took place between the suspect and the officer resulted in the officer finding his weapon, fatally wounding the suspect. Apparently, Matthew Huddle, while trying while he was being arrested, resisted and began struggling with the deputy. So this is probably going to spark some sort of conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, traffic stop and as he got out, he screamed at the cop, you can't arrest me. I've got immunity. There's nothing you can do to me.
Speaker 5: He did have a weapon with him. It doesn't say whether he had it in hand or that he.
Speaker 1: Pulled it on anybody, but even having one in your hands when you're exiting a car, saying that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying that it doesn't state whether.
Speaker 1: It's No, it doesn't in his hand, but I'm assuming it wasn't on the seat, and maybe it was. Who the hell knows, And we're going to see what the investigation is going to pan out.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of conspiracy theories, I think we all know that it doesn't take much for some folks minds to head towards human trafficking. Think about Pizzagate back in the twenty sixteen presidential election, and there are suspicion that there's just human trafficking helping every happening everywhere.
Speaker 2: Maybe there is, I don't know, but there is a weird image.
Speaker 4: From right here in our area that has gone viral online.
Speaker 2: It shows this.
Speaker 4: It's the satellite image from above this plot of land that's owned by a railroad, and there are words etched into the dirt around there that spell help, TRAFFICO and LAPD and so folks are wondering what the heck is going on.
Speaker 2: You can see it from Google Maps. Have you seen it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I looked it up on Google Maps to see, if you know, to make sure it wasn't photoshop or anything.
Speaker 2: And it does show up, and it's still there.
Speaker 4: One of the local news choppers flew over it yesterday and it's still there.
Speaker 1: You're gonna find this story that the guy who spells traffico doesn't even speak English or doesn't even speak Spanish.
Speaker 2: Well, why spell you traffico and help?
Speaker 1: Why not see exactly the see that's the mystery here.
Speaker 2: It was really strange.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, I reached out to Evan love It from la in a minute. I texted him this weekend, I said, you know about this, and he told me, hey, a lot of people are investigating it right now. It should come out. And sure enough it popped out, but it was this weekend. It kind of blew up and it was a fascinating story. But it looks like some maybe a homeless person breaks in there every now and again.
Speaker 2: As for the last year or so, well, that's what the railroad wants you to believe.
Speaker 1: Need remember the crop circles du dun dum, those were the best.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should get doctor Phil to go check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to take a dip in like you all right, we are gonna take a break. We boy, we milk that one to death. The dumb story.
Speaker 3: On top of that, you're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 1: We finish coffee. We finish Handle on the news, Michael Monks and for Amy Today Neil and Me. It's a bust.
Speaker 5: Federal authorities have arrested eight individuals in connection with a large scale smuggling operation that allegedly brought counterfeit into illegal goods from China Shana into the United States through the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach dun dundum.
Speaker 1: Two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of counterfeit and dangerous goods.
Speaker 1: I mean, the level of counterfeiting that's coming in from China is just almost beyond comprehension. The stuff that's pouring in.
Speaker 4: Not to mention some of the infiltration of local governments allegedly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I totally believe that. Not to mention that panted Express chicken isn't really chicken.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate that on Sunday.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: See, I'm telling you it's all counterfeit. It's chicken. Oh, stand down wing that. Come on, Yeah, it was delicious. I don't know if they're sponsoring us or not.
Speaker 1: But actually I have no idea. But actually it is good. I like pant Express. But how do I not make that joke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should steer away from that, actually, now that I think about it. Moving along, let's go back to the nineties and revisit the case of Jean Benet Ramsey, the pretty little pageant queen who was murdered by whom we still technically don't know. Now her father, John Ramsey is pushing for more DNA testing to be used to identify the killer. We're talking three decades of talking about this little girl, bill and.
Speaker 1: The conspiracy theories are still out there. People. A good number of people think that her dad, John Ramsey, still did the killing. He was cleared and a mom might have been a mother might have killed. I mean, it's just she's goat.
Speaker 2: And then the older brother maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't know, they don't know. But it's the question is how do you have a kid found dead at your house in I think it was the basement. You're there, and somehow it happened without your knowledge. That has been a huge question for decades. Now she would be to Phil, she'd be thirty two, thirty three year old years old today.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I want to feel old crazy all right.
Speaker 5: American Airlines employee working at Charlotte Douglas International Airport freak accident was struck in killed by one of those ramp.
Speaker 2: Vehicles well on the tarmac just yesterday.
Speaker 5: The airport says, obviously it's working closely with the airline and first responder partners and investigating this.
Speaker 2: But sounds like an accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like someone just got run over by mistake. It's not like well as post on purpose, of course, but I mean it happens, you know, people get run over. And the story quotes the US Bureau Labor Statistics five debts like this in twenty twenty three, three in twenty twenty two. Well, it doesn't happen very often. Clearly, I'm the journalist in the room.
Speaker 4: I'm non partisan and just an observer of things, so I would never make a comment except to say, we're a weekend to President Trump's new administration, and Starbucks is offering free refills again, so make of that what you will. They're also bringing back their condiment bar I wish I am not familiar with, maybe because I live in a rough part of town where they wouldn't tare What was there like olives on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was, uh yeah, olives and salsa for your coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I think it was the sugars.
Speaker 1: And then I figure, what, yeah, you can't. I went to Starbucks the other day and I don't like Starbucks coffee, but you happen to want some coffee, and it was one, you know, across the street next to me, around the corner, and right there, two of them on the street corners. So I went in there and uh, there were there was no sweetener, there were there was nothing on the counter. So I think they're bringing that back. Maybe it's because people would take handfuls of those things and take them home.
Speaker 2: Oh the homeless people that would hang out there. Yeah, that's what I assumed.
Speaker 4: Just like we just lost the Starbucks downtown and we've got them on every block, but one just closed because it's so you know, it's so difficult to operate in some around some members of our society.
Speaker 1: Thank you of you all right, one.
Speaker 5: More, Okay, Supreme Court won't review Mississippi's voting ban for felons, So they declined Monday to decide whether a permanent voting ban on people convicted of felonies in Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Is crue, cruel and unusual punishment.
Speaker 5: The Court back in twenty twenty three had also rejected a different challenge to the state's voting restriction that was based on the fact it was drafted in eighteen ninety as part of a so called racist effort to disenfranchise black voters.
Speaker 1: Now, this was strictly a constitutional question, nothing more, nothing less. States have the right to say felons do not vote, that's not a problem, and the Supreme Court certainly would give them the right to do that. This was a permanent voting ban on people convicted of felonies? Is it cruel and unusual under the Eighth Amendment?
Speaker 2: So if they get out, you mean or if they've served their time.
Speaker 1: If they've served their time, but they're felons and the court wouldn't hear it. Supreme Court, the Appeals Court said the state can do that. There's nothing unconstitutional about it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Here's a really interesting sideline. The guy who killed Robin. It's Hak Rabin, the Israeli who assassinated who killed the prime minister. In Israel, you can vote no matter what. He voted in the election while he was in prison to replace in the general election. He ended up voting because in ISRAELI let you vote whether you're in prison or not. I just I don't know why I brought that up.
Speaker 2: It is Trump allowed to vote in his own election.
Speaker 1: He's a convicted felon. Do you know that's a very good question. Can Trump vote in Uh? Well, he was convicted New York, but his residency is Florida, So yeah, but that is that is a great question. I don't know if New York allows felons to vote. This is spectacular and that's worth looking up. Neil. Is one of the best questions I have heard in a very very long time. Can Trump vote in New York? Although it doesn't matter because he's Florida. Okay, and he was not convicted in Florida. All right, guys, we are done. WHOA what a way to end it? Yeeha? All right? Coming up, there is video now of the start of the eaton Fire, or so they think, and is Southern California Edison involved. There's a world to that one. I'll cover that one when we come back. This is KFI AM sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.