Speaker 1: Give us. Yes, oh my god, it's a tulo. Yes it is, and you're checking out the cruise show Unreal ninety two three. Ice Cube is back on the cruise.
Speaker 2: Yah, yay man, you got the best intros man, Yo, listen, that's Nico Blitz right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you flipped one last time. I was right.
Speaker 1: We have the freshen it up for you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That intro can go for four days. Yeah, no doubt, catalog crazy yeah, man, hey man, we want to thank you very much for the bibble head. Thank you ever Cube walked in with gifts. Thank you Cube, Yeah, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We got it from Cube himself. Man, Jack, what'd you say?
Speaker 4: I said, it's crazy because I work at the stadium and I couldn't even get one yet.
Speaker 1: I talk to the.
Speaker 4: Season's over to ask.
Speaker 1: We got it for Cube?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did get a ring.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Yeah she got. She paid for the rink, but she got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's costing ring on the tier biscal.
Speaker 3: It's all good. All good.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be the most expensive, right cue no no, no, no, low as it represents as long as it represent, man cbe. Big three is Big three time.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah down man, yeah man. It's been a great season, coming down to the wires. The finals, just the last regular season regular season game the of the year. Then you know, final four, make it to the playoffs, final two to the championships.
Speaker 1: Yes, go yeah man. It's at the end to a dome this weekend. It's a Saturday into a dome. Four games for the price of one. Game starts at one pm. You can get tickets at Big three dot com. You can get merch there as well. Doors open at noon, doors open at noon. Get there early, right show, so you get your snacks, your concessions, we get comfortable in your seat and.
Speaker 3: Get for a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, it's uh, it's good to have a team here. That means we're gonna be here every year. You know, so Big three beat somewhere in La every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dope. Man. Who came up with the La Riot.
Speaker 2: As far as the owners of the team, you know, it's a guy named Sean Horwitz and he's uh, he got a nice group of people together and that's the name.
Speaker 3: They had a few names.
Speaker 2: The other names you remember, one was the l a Fire, but you know, we definitely wasn't going on. I was like, no, no, and it's like the la like we're not The l a z l A ryot was was a one that it made me laugh. It was dope.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's uh turning a negative into a positive, you know, making a team thing.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: You know what's really dope to is that like having it at the end to a dome like you know, as iconic as Crypto dot Com formerly known as Staples is and don't being there and how immersive it is with everyone who's a fan that's going to a game is crazy.
Speaker 2: It's great, you know, you know, just being in the freshest serena in the in the city. It's new. You know, that's what these players deserve. It's what the fans deserve. You know, they've been great to us over there. You know, the Clipper organization has been real cool with us.
Speaker 3: You know we had right. It is cool. It is cool.
Speaker 2: You know, new ownership, so it's a new style, new famous. It's still Laker gang all day. But I'm just saying, yeah, yeah, yeah, you got to bury the hatches something.
Speaker 1: That's the only time you buried the hatch when his business time.
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 1: Lane Stevenson is always up to something.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great addition to the league. Everybody want to see him play. You know, he come out and play hard. You know, it looked like, you know, he's you know, it's it's a trip. But he's definitely a for Rookie of the Year, fourth Man of the Year. That's crazy. You know, we'll see if you get to the championship. He's hilarious.
Speaker 1: We interviewed him on It's over the phone, right, He's just gotten to l A and you know, I asked him what his favorite Mexican food is because it's l A right. He said, lasagna.
Speaker 3: I lost it.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to keep going. I was laughing so hardy slow.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, bro.
Speaker 1: Well he thought of it. I mean he thought about it. He was like lasagna.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: We had to put him up on game, no doubt. Trash talking.
Speaker 2: The league sells it as well, because I think sometimes everybody's so buddy buddy in the NBA, like everyone's cool, yeah, passive, aggressive, but in your league, there.
Speaker 3: In each other's face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man to me, yeah, because player, you know, I grew up it was trash talking was still part of sports.
Speaker 3: You know, in the nineties, it got phased out.
Speaker 2: I think Miami University had a lot to do with that on how they was acting back in the late eighties, you know, so it got phased out, and I think it's taking a little edge out of our sports because trash talking to make you play harder than if your mama was watching. You know, it's like somebody in your face. Yeah, somebody in your face is gonna make you go all out. So, uh, you get to see the best they got, you know what I'm saying. You don't get to see some like cruise control type of match with robots. You know, you don't you don't want to see that. You want to see You want to see enemies play. You don't want to see friends play, to be honest.
Speaker 1: So it's the conversation like yo, y'all talk ship, now hold back.
Speaker 3: The conversation is be yourself. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. Just be yourself, play ball. You know, keep the profanity down. Because we are on CBS. We do got kids in the audience, But be yourself yourself. We're not gonna police your behavior, you know, especially our guys are not They're not college kids, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean. They guys are grown men and grown men for shure, grown men all.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, my favorite player to watch. I love watching Michael Beasley play. You know, he's a great player. Yeah, you know, Jeremy Pargo is a great player in our league. You know, Montres Harold is becoming a monster out there now, so you know, he's a great player to watch. But you know, I like players like Mike Taylor, Elijah Stewart, Jordan Crawford. You know, these dudes can light it up. You know, at any time Earl Clark used to be an ex Laker, he's still you know, out there, just one of the most dominant players in the league. And it's great to just see these guys, you know, play at that level against their peers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, is there somebody you could watch today and you think to yourself, yeah, in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of them, damn there, all of them. You know, it's uh, it's really do they want to play at that level? You know, some some guys when they're done with the NBA, they've seen enough back basketball. So those aren't the guys we want. We want guys who feel like I still got game? Why why am I not in the NBA, you know, and they still want to show, you know, the game they got. They still got that chip on their shoulder about being the best. They still want to practice, they still want to get better.
Speaker 3: Those are the guys we want. I'm not gonna lie bro.
Speaker 1: I want to see the Marcus Cousins me too.
Speaker 2: I've been begging it for two or three years. Is that right to play? I've been asking him for two or three years.
Speaker 3: What is he saying?
Speaker 2: Well, he says he loved he wanted to play, but he had other opportunities. You know, he's getting paid a little more money overseas, so you know, you gotta you gotta respect. You know, somebody going for the cash man. Garcia Son is about the go overseason play ball. Yeah, oh yeah, Oh, do get your reason to go over there. Check him out, go to Italy to play.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I think what's great.
Speaker 1: About the sporting I think what you offer is just amazing because it's just like to continue opportunity.
Speaker 3: To pursue the passion. Get it.
Speaker 1: They still got something to prove and Big three man, it's just what you did here is just an amazing thing. And I think we're gonna see a lot more copycats of it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Yeah, I mean you know that that happens.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not I'm definitely not immune to you know, people you know coming behind me with something that's similar. But at the end of the day, I think we got the secret sauce. You know, we got the you know, we got the love for the game. We did this because we fans. We didn't do this because oh this is some great business opportunity. Let's do it. It was like, man, I'm a fan, I want to see this. Nobody's making this, like we got to do it. And then we jumped in and start doing it. Realized there's millions of fans all around the world who want more basketball, especially played the right way, fast and physical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go in and go hard. Yeah yeah, man, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Touch somebody if you got to no, no, Saturday.
Speaker 3: I get you. I got it.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the first player that you called when you started the Big Three and was just like, yo, I need you to be.
Speaker 2: A part of this.
Speaker 3: Kenya Martin.
Speaker 2: Kenya Martin is the first player that said Yeah. He wasn't the first player I called. I think first player I called I think we called Chauncey Billups. We had a good relationship with him, and we knew we needed a leader to rally players around this. And then I talked to iceman George Gervin. Then I talked to Clyde Drexler, because we knew we needed Hall of famers to get this leadue credibility from day one. Uh so those are the first people that that agreed to be a part of it, That's right.
Speaker 1: Would you ever consider getting like the end guys in there?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know they can come and try to try out at the combine. You know, we got a combine so guys can show show captains what they got.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's people think I picked the players like you get to play. No, no, no, We recruit player captains when we have to. But now we have team owners who recruit player captains, and the player captains get to pick who on their team. So there's no GM. There's no GM. There's just captains pick who they want captains and coaches. And so it be people that I want to get in the league that don't get picked. And I'm like, damn, you know, because if I become too much of that part of that process, then it's not a pure process. It's you know, it's painted, it's it's biased, you know what I mean, no matter what. So I like to get away from that process and let the players pick who they think deserve to be on that court, because they the ones who gotta win with them and lose with them.
Speaker 1: You know, a.
Speaker 2: Man superstar status has been great, and he's a great dude. You know he uh, you know, he's a guy who you know, I just want to ball out, you know what I mean, do the right thing.
Speaker 3: And that's rare. You know, that's rare.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the guys they they want to ball out, but they don't want to act right, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They want to act right, They want to act right, but they don't want to they can't ball So, you know, getting it in I ain't saying no name, getting it in a package. You know, a Hall of Famer like Dwight come in and you know, play game hard and learn the game and then participate with the fans, take pictures, do all the graphs, respect the league. You know, hopefully he'll play next year too.
Speaker 1: Because it's still a business. Yeah, you made, it's still a problem out there for him on the show. Man, you know Latino's going through in the city. Man, I'm sure you've seen them and all of that. And we've seen shows and tours and events canceled because of fear of ice, right, Like, you know that that had to hit you hard being from the city, being you know, having a large portion of your audience Latino.
Speaker 2: It is, man, it's it's uh, it hurts because you know, it's all kinds of different situations been going around, you know, as far as immigration, but to see people like disrespected like that, and you know, federal government just you know, being too heavy handed and disrespect going to churches and weddings and you know, great having people out of those schools, and you know it's like come on, man, you know y'all just be way to do it right overdoing it, you know, and then the country flip flops. First it's cool, then it's not, Then it's cool, then it's not. You know, it's like how could somebody even keep up with what's going on? So it's just it's sad. Man, I can't wait till this period is over. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know how we're gonna get to the end.
Speaker 2: But this is just it. It's crazy to see people dragged out of day the spots of refuge, you know.
Speaker 1: Not once it's over, there's gonna be a lot to clean up for the next guy.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and then like everything is empty, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, Like because when you do that too, Yeah, you do that to so called people.
Speaker 3: Who who are are you know what?
Speaker 2: They call it legal And now you get the people who legal don't want to come out because they don't want to deal with your ass either. Right, So you know, everybody staying home, you know, so to come thank you because you don't you don't want nobody to come hassle you or or even even want to look at your license and your ship exactly exactly. So nobody's safe man, you know. And they don't care who they grab, really, they don't care who they grab.
Speaker 3: They don't. It's sad. Elderly kids, women, children, doesn't matter, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's like they come in disrespect everybody and want to traumatize people. That's part of it too. They want to traumatize the ones that that's looking, not just the ones that's being Yeah, they just it's a whole tactic that's been that's been using forever and it's played out, played out, been played out, played out.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Truth to Power Tour. Four Decades of Attitude. I love that's it, because that's really shit it is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's been forty years in the game.
Speaker 4: I'm currently working on my four decades of attitude.
Speaker 3: It should be everybody should be.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta deal with it every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: We gotta deal with it every Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I look up and it's been forty years since I started music and I wrote my first song, my first hit song, you know, fifteen years old, and so it came out when I was sixteen, Boys in the Hood for Easy, and so I look up, it's forty years and it's time to celebrate.
Speaker 3: It's time for me to to do. You know.
Speaker 2: This is the biggest production I've ever done. And I can dig into my catalog now I don't have to just do just the hits, you know, but I can go into you know, once upon time in the projects, my summer vacation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: With the lynch Mob.
Speaker 2: You know, really though, you won't burn the hand, okay, all right, you know it's really about going into those songs that people rarely get a chance to see and celebrating these for decades, the eighties, nineties, two thousands, two tens to now this.
Speaker 3: For the fans that were buying the vinyl and the tapes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know fans that seen me before don't matter. Okay, come again, because this is just like a one man show. You know, it's like evening with ice Cube type of dude extra for La of course.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. I haven't talked to him that. I haven't talked to them yet, but you know, we might get him out there. Like forty decades.
Speaker 1: Man, what keeps you wanting to make? What keeps you motivated to make more new music as time goes on?
Speaker 3: I love it. This is what I do. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm always thinking of concepts and rhymes and you know, I got tons of music, you know, and it's really about being inspired. And you know, why keep it in my studio or just keep it in my head? You know, it's like you do it to release, yeah, so people can feel it. And you know I kicked street knowledge. You know, that's that's my That's the style that I really you know, everybody call a gangster rap, but it's really street knowledge. So when I feel like I got something to say, then I say it cute bad hat is dope, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I gotta slide you on. Not for sure, Yeah that's right. Yeah, they're gonna be selling them the whole team need one man.
Speaker 4: Record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen him. Man, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: You know, it's uh unnecessary, it's it's.
Speaker 3: It's foul.
Speaker 2: You know, somebody doing that man ship should really be you know, kicked about the building and not allowed back then. I don't know what what people think they could get out of that, you know, just being stupid. I mean, yeah, you know somebody might get hands put on them if they do one. Not only put them out, man, but touch them up a little bit of the way out, you know, on the way I let him remember, you know, let anybody who do some stupid ship like this, you know that it's gonna be consequences and repercussion.
Speaker 1: It's a furniture move without a doubt. Yeah, So sending a message, yeah man, you know yeah, no, C man, you're an institution. You really are. Let's think to you on the radio, watching you live in a concert, watching your movies right now, watching you all over the internet, watching you on news channels, you know, speaking for you, your family, your fans, and for the world. And now I get to take my kids to the Big Three. Yes, they're part of the Cube vision.
Speaker 3: Now that's what it's about.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't really I try to make sure when I do something everybody could participate. Last Friday on the way as well. Yeah, working on that. Yeah, getting all the ducks in a row. Yeah, I know You've been asked about that left and right.
Speaker 3: All day every day. People Let a movie. People love a.
Speaker 2: Movie in the franchise and I love it, you know, they they want another great one they do.
Speaker 3: That's our job. Give it to them. I think you're going to deliver Cube. Thank you very much for.
Speaker 2: Your time anytime, every time. Man, much love, much respect. Let's get it.
Speaker 3: Your cruise show, Real.
Speaker 1: Tom chilling with my boy Cruise, The Cruise Show. You did gonna talking about what's good?
Speaker 3: Is righty Rich? The Cruise Show.
Speaker 1: It's YZ four hundred right here on the Bruise Show.
Speaker 3: Real nine two three year