Speaker 1: Five o five. I think about j r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm the dude man you may be. I'm Brian Thomas Ster. I think you have Caresey morning show and looking up, I am happy as I can be to see Joe's treker back from his vacation, said he had a nice time sleeping in. Did you have a good time? He said, I slept in. I know what that means. That means you had a good time. There's no question about it given the hours. Oh anyhow, I hope you are having a reasonably wonderful morning so far, give it some time. If not, you know, the rest of the day so all in front of us, and you got a good show to stick around for. And I hope you can hang out here all morning. And I'd welcome phone calls. You know, I love talking to folks. Maybe as a particular topic on your mind, feel free to give me a called five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Of course, got another school shooting for everyone to talk about, this time a girl, a fifteen year old girl. There's hardly any details out about it. They know it was a handgun as opposed to, you know, an assault weapon. And of course I think this is far more a reflection of the mental health status of our children then you know, whether or not we should be able to own firearms or not. But yes, it invites another discussion along those lines, because Biden's already calling for an assault weapons man, which of course would have no impact on this background checks for a fifteen year old, no impact on that fifteen year olds aren't allowed to buy guns. Ah, I We'll go down the whole litany of reasons why the laws that all the left pushes quite often have no impact at all on whether or not some disturbed child takes it in their hands and believes it's a good idea to go around and start killing people. It's just beyond my comprehension other than a reflection of perhaps a broader problem mental health. And I always want to go back to social media. You know, it's easy to blame social media, but wow, I don't recall this kind of thing happening very much during the pre social media life that I enjoyed. Anyhow, coming up though, we got a great hour seven o'clock hour. I cannot wait. I think the world of Peter Bronson, a wonderful author, of course, a storied history here in the city of Cincinnati with his work with the inquirre Et Center. Peter's going to be in studio for a full hour, just talk about local politics and local issues, and a great conversationalist is He's a fascinating and brilliant man. So perhaps an hour to take on some of the local challenges we face. Maybe we'll talk about roundabouts. Joe Joe burn in an article about all these up to twenty new roundabouts have been floated, as on the latest street grid plan between downtown and Queen's Gate. Those things are everywhere now everywhere anyhow, I doubt it, but that's one of the things we may talk about. Theater. That's seven o'clock, eight o'clock. We passed forward to the bright Bart inside Scoop Today tech editor Colin Maydin AND's going to address drones, among other things. I suppose it's a wide open field of discussion when you're talking tech these days. Tech Friday with Dave add Or a quick reminder every Friday at six thirty appointment listening. So Colin Maydine from bright bart On Drones. I see the FBIS issued a warning to New Jersey residence against shooting at or pointing lasers at identified drones. More on that, Daniel Davis Deep Dive. I've been looking forward to this. That segment is because of everything that's going on in the world. Of course, Syria falling off part. There's this massive explosion. It looks like the Israelis blew up yet more Syrian munitions and hit a bunch of other targets. My son showed me this disturbing video of the size of this one explosion, and some immediately respeculating that maybe this was a small nuke, and no, apparently it wasn't. But the situation obviously rather grave in Syria, and everyone is tapping their toe and wondering what the next administration, what it's going to look like in Syria with the Fallaba Charlesade. Today Daniel Davis Deep Dive, we're talking about Vladimir Putin quote the West pushing us to our red lines. That amid reports this morning that the Ukrainians killed the Russians one of the Russian lead generals. Just happened within the last well twenty four hours or maybe less. And finally US self defeating arrogance. Daniel Davis having a go at US foreign policy. Military policy anyway, always interesting with Daniels. So that's for that's today thirty and then eight point fifty, Doctor Kevin Cronley joins the program about colon cancer, which is a huge problem and it's becoming more of a problem for young people. I saw an article the other day that maybe seed oils have something to do with this. I don't know. I've mentioned before, and I'm happy, excuse me that we will be having at least a broader conversation thanks to RFGA Junior. Weirdo he is. I'm not going to tell you I agree with any you know, a whole lot of what RFGA Junior has to say. He said some pretty damning things about Republicans. Generally he's a global warming nutcase, but he does have a lot of he's outspoken in the area of food and health, and I just to have him there to advance the discussion, that's the point. To have him have a healthy a conversation. Perhaps that isn't married to the food industry. I don't know. We're all jaded and cynical when it comes to our elected officials. But this is an appointment. RFK Junior not an elected official. He's just someone, you could say, sort of kind of maybe from the outside, at least in so far as the Trump administration is concerned. He is, but that he might be a little more free or capable of saying things and telling it like it is now. I personally do not embrace his across the board anti vax position. I know a lot of my listeners think vaccines of the end all be all on. Some of my listeners think that they're the evil, ultimate evil and responsible for autism and every other thing that happens in our lives. I'm somewhere in the middle. For example, I am really, really, really happy that I never got polio. Thank God for the polio vaccine. Have you ever seen pictures of the iron lungs that they used to have to put people in back when polio was running amok h yeah, thankfully No. I never had to spend my life in an iron lung because I never got polio, So I call that a good vaccine. And I did get chicken pox and measles and mumps as a child, so I believe I have some measure of natural immunity in so far as those go. But you know what, they didn't kill me just saying, just say it. So let's see here, yo. Yeah, the chief of Russia's nuclear defense forces is the one that was killed by an explosive device, it says, in Moscow, and maybe that will be going directly to the west, pushing us to our red lines, launching our missiles further and further into Russia. But Lieutenant General Igor Krilliov, they had a Russi's Nuclear and Biological and Chemical Defense Forces and his a system killed during an explosion in Moscow. Happened today. Russian Investigative Committee said the explosive device was placed in a scooter near a residential apartment block. Investigator, forensic experts and operational services are working at the scene, accord to the spokesperson there, the search activity is being carried out to establish all the circumstances around this crime. I'm willing to guess that this has nothing to do with Ukraine or it involves some sort of domestic terror operation, because Russia not exactly stable internally. You can say the same thing about the United States. We got crazy people running around some in schools, shooting people others, you know, like Antifah and crazy elements and terrorist bombings and all that. It happens literally everywhere in the four corners of the globe. So I'm guessing probably more that, although it could be someone who sympathizes with Ukraine. Maybe the guy, I don't know, Maybe he was having an affair with somebody's wife and they decided to offer him that way. You don't know. M Anyway, in the remaining moment of time here, let's see I mentioned the drones. FBI is warning New Jersey residents again. Shooting the drones came up yesterday and thanks to thanks to Jay Rattliff, he put up a Facebook post the other day. It's a meme that's circulating around. And my fellow ski shooters got shotgun shooters, trapshooters, maybe just general shotgun hunting folks. Understand the difference between various shotgun shells. It's the drone load. He got like double lot buck. He got bird shot, which would be like a number eight or number seven, maybe number six. He got something for hitting geese at higher altitudes and ducks at hire altitudes, maybe a four or three shot. I don't know, but they make multiple different size shots that fit in that little plastic cylinder that is the shot shell. I don't know what size a shot it is for a drone, but the box had a drone on it labeled drone shot since about time they put this out. So anyway, people are I assume we're going to take this matters into their own hands until our government finally tells us what these things are all about. Anyway, FBI Newark, New Jersey State Police want to warn the public about the increase in pilots of manned aircraft being hit in the eyes with lasers. This is a problem that's ongoing. Never shoot a laser up at an airline pilot or an airplane. But since some of these flights are at night, people can't tell the difference between a drone and a regular airplane, and so apparently they're aiming their lasers at the drones. Now, you ask yourself, what in the hell kind of good would that do? What is the point of that? It's not going to do anything. It won't do anything to a drone and won't do anything to a manned aircraft except maybe blind the pilot. Pointless gesture, although the warning comes along with a warning to not shoot at them either, which you know if it is a drone. I kind of sympathize with the people that want to shoot them down. Most notably, they're flying around over your backyard. We're not quite at the point where Amazon deliveries are flying over at your backyard and you would be shooting down And it's not legal to shoot these things down. And I'm not advocating for it. I'm just saying I get it. But when you've got a government that's not telling you exactly what's going on, and everyone seems to assume that the government does know where these drones are coming from. They're rather large, they're mysterious. They're showing up in areas over maybe military bases, and it was like, okay, if they belong to the military, and that's why they're flying on a military basis, what are the nice piece of information just passed along? Don't sweat at public they're hours. I don't think we'll be telling the Chinese Communist Party or the Russians, or any of them our adversaries anything they don't already know, since they party already hacked into all systems and stole all the data related to the manufacturer, production, and operation of the drones. But the American people might want to know just so. They're not inclined to pull a shotgun out using their drone load and shooting a drone down anyway, So don't do it, says the FBI, and the Newark authorities and the New Jersey authorities, And I'm sure every authority here locally will tell you the same thing. But we can all agree it's really tempting. Five seventeen fifty five K Steve Talks Dation. Feel free to a call I plenty to talk about this morning only eclectic stack of stuff back after these brief words on New Year doctor and nine first warning weather forecast got a sunny day to day, calling it mild with a high on fifty eighth ninety five show up eb between eighty ten pm. Showers also return thirty six for the low Tomorrow, rainy starts for the morning partly day, otherwise high fifty one down to twenty nine overnight with clouds on a cloudy day Thursday, high a forty at the forty one degrees Right now for Cloudcase talk station at five k SEA dot com and canalyst and live pull up the podcast, get try Heart Media, stream the audio where we happen to be on your smart device. Good for the show and a very convenient little app. That thing I saw, I think it was justin Trudeau, Canadian Prime Minister, was complaining about us here in the United States, sort of charting our own path and deciding we didn't want to vote for Kamala Harris. And of course everyone's doing soul searching on the left side of the ledger because they still are standing in disbelief that they lost, and many blaming misogyny or something because we didn't vote for Kamala Harris in pretty substantial numbers voted for Trump. I think it was Trudeau said the same thing, you know, failed to elect again and their first female president, as if the man woman component has anything to do with it. And I really, in the heart of my heart, of my heart of hearts, I'll vote for a woman all day long, as long as she's not a blithering idiot or insane. In terms of policies, no one seems to be taking in consideration. The policies were the reason that the Republicans offered a more sane path and that the left went so far left they fell off the rails and alienated even many among their own ranks. How many times have you heard, you know that the the Democratic Party left me. I didn't leave them. You got lots of Democrats that are centrists saying, you know what, screw this, I'm going out to the Republican Party. At least they offer a you know, a spot from there for me there. I'm not batcrap insane, and so I turned with that. I turned a representative, Jasmine Crockett, Democrat out of Texas, haaving it go at Hispanic voters. So this is my distilled summary of what happened within the Latino community. I have not run into that with the Asian community, have not run out with the African community, have not run into that with the Caribbean community. I've only run into with Hispanics. When they think of illegals, they think of, you know, maybe people that came out of the cartels and that kind of like a criminal type book or whatever. It's insane calling them voters having a slave mentality for supporting Donald Trump quote. It almost reminds me of what people would talk about when they would talk about the kind of slave mentality they hate that some slaves would have for themselves. It's almost like a slave mentality that they have. It is wild to me when I hear how anti immigrant they are as immigrants to many of them, I'm talking about people that literally just got here and can barely vote, that are having that kind of attitude. Now, let us boil this down. Did Latino voters vote for Donald Trump because of his border policies? Now? I know there was a lot of surveys within the Latin American community and other minority communities about how they felt about immigration. But does this woman and somebody well, I really don't believe she believes in what she's saying. But in their struggle to figure out why and the how many people voted for Donald Trump, did she ever step outside of the immigration box and consider that maybe many people within the Latino community are probably very traditional in their thinking, very religious in their thinking. I know a sizable component of them are Catholic, for example, and that many of the left wing policies, most notably embracing the entire LGBTQ plus agendas shoving it down children's thrones in public schools, for example, might have been one of the more important reasons for them to sort of put aside immigration how they got here relative how somebody else got here and said enough's enough. There's more than one thing in one reason. And to vote for any given candidate, and to vote for Kamala Harris is to vote for all of the above and so far as that far left wing component of the Democratic Party. So maybe, like the surveys revealed, including the black community, because she even acknowledged that. I will tell you that the black people historically have been fiercely loyal, loyal to the Democrats. Yeah, I always ask myself why, But fine, that's why you still see the turnout numbers that you see coming out for black folks, even though there was a bit of flaking, and that bit of flaking came from black men, which I'm going to chalk up to misogyny. Know how about perhaps they have other reasons for voting for Donald Trump, and many black men, I imagine, like the ones I see screaming at the mayors of these various Democrat sanctuary cities, are upset. Perhaps they pivot over and want to vote for a president who's more tough on immigration. You see, there's different reasons for different people to cast a vote that this woman finds troubling or representative of a slave mentality. They can't think out of the box. They are so blinded by their own ideology that they're struggling to explain this. It seems to me pretty damn easy. The left went way too far left, and there's a lot of reasons that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Black men must compete for jobs with the newly arrived illegal immigrant community in these densely populated black cities Democrat sanctuary cities. Can't you imagine that they might want to vote for a strong border president because it's impacting their career opportunities, otherwise impacting negatively their neighborhood, the resources from government that they might otherwise use to advance themselves or solve their problems. Right, I want to slap these people metaphorically in the face. But you know, I never get a chance to talk with people like Jasmine Crockett. I suppose fine and vit draw on the morning show. She wouldn't want to have a conversation with me. Five one, three, seven, two three talk local stories coming up. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 4: Fifty five car the talk station for eligible individuals eighteen and over.
Speaker 1: There is your nice nine first winning Wether forecast. Today it's going to be a sunny day, high fifty eight mile clouds return over night, showers return overy night. It'll drop to thirty six Tomorrow, rainy start in the morning. Other lives partly cloudy skies and high fifty one clouds overnight, no rain twenty nine for below and Thursday another cloudy day with a high of forty thirty nine degrees. Right now for the clock chairs talkstation, it is five thirty one on three seven nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two to three talk found five fifty on eighteen and t phone Frishes Frishes Fishes keeps making it into the local news, breaking my heart. But beyond that, Quentin Bentley from the enquire Report and the social media feud turned deadly their social media again suburb of North Kentucky when Amanda Turner brought her children there for a fight, including her teenage son who happened to be carrying a gun. We need an assault weapons banjob forty year old Turner sentence in Kenton County Circuit Court yesterday. Have twelve and a half years in prison for her role in the August twenty twenty three fatal shooting of twenty three year old Seth Burns. Judge Cathy Late handing down the sentence, which match recommendation from prosecutors negotiated, is part of Turner's plea agreement she pleted guilty in September the criminal facilitation of murder, rioting unlawful transaction actually with a miner, and illegally permitting a miner to possess a handgun. Less than half the prison ternament posed on her younger song eighteen year old Jackie Turner, who was sentenced to thirty years in prison after compleading guilty to murder and admitting to firing the round that killed Burns started after an online dispute partly between the girlfriend of Turner's older son, Xavion Turner, and a woman he'd previously been in a relationship with. The family went to Archer Court in Independence on August twenty fifth, twenty three for a planned fight. A planned fight, prosecutor say a man to Turner. The mom was involved in the text messages instigating the fight, and a doorbell camera video showed her leading her children down the street while screaming. Turner admitted in court that she drove her younger sung too and from the fight. She also told detectives she knew both of her son's routinely carried guns. Feutetem from a social media post related to quote insults about children and parenting skills or lack thereof. Close quote, according to the kindy comwealth to Turney Rob Sanders, isn't that an interesting topic for the social media post to relate to? Given that this woman took her children known to carry firearms to a planned fight. After a brief exchange words before the fight could begin, the seventeen year old Jackie Turner fired once into the air and then once it Burns, hitting him in the torso, and then the Turner family fled. Burns didn't even know the Turners, but went to Archer Court home with a girlfriend who was part of the feud. Burns mom Barbara in court quote, I feel like you and your family acted with complete disregard and malice for any human life close quote. Can't disagree with that. Burns family said they don't believe Turner should have shown remorse. Daniel Schubert a man who turned His attorney said the opposite's true. She does wish it didn't happen, for what it's worth, he said. Say Yon, turning out twenty two, is also sentenced Monday to three years in prison. During a four day trial November, prosecutors painted her as a central figure known to everyone in the dispute. Jerry ultimately owe him rather ultimately found him guilty of tampering with evidence, but not guilty of murder, unlawful transaction with a minor, and rioting. Prosecutor said Turner to lie to police about taking his younger brother's gun after the shooting, and told his sister to the lead her text message history. Investigators later found the murder weapon in Turner's possession. His attorney for his right decline comment on the sentence. There's so much in there. I just don't well, we'll just let it go. Five point thirty five fifty five care seen. He talks stations, Stacker Stupid coming up. Feel free to call though, rather talk to you than do Stack and Stupid, but I will. There's some interesting ones in the Stacker Stupid, as is the case since Joe Strucker's back, which is a good thing. Five point thirty five would write.
Speaker 5: Back, This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Tier the channel nine first morning weather forecast, sunny day today. I have fifty eight overnight, thirty six for the low with showers rainy morning tomorrow to otherwise just be partly clouding going up to fifty one down to twenty nine overnight with clouds Thursday at cloudy day with a high of forty. It's thirty nine right now because about KSHY talk station.
Speaker 6: Time for traffic from the UCU tramphingk Center for unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy CAP five one three, five to eight four beam highways are doing just fine early on this Tuesday morning. Wreck to deal with nothing close to a delay southbound seventy five wide open pasts. The lateral so is inbound seventy four approaching seventy five. Chuck ingram on fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on five forty fifty five KRCD talk station five hundred seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk Okay over to the stack is stupid, uh for go to California for this one. California first responders had to remove something interesting from a fitness center swimming pool. It was an automobile. Firefighters in Redlands, California, pulled a vehicle from an indoor swimming pool last Friday after a driver crashed it through a wall and into the fitness center. Social media posts from the California Highway Patrol said the crash occurred after the driver lost and and drove into a gym and then straight into the swimming pool, calling it a shocking incident, reminding us how dangerous distractions can be, and swimming video footage which they have when the incident shows a black car resting in the middle of a pool before being lifted out. Not immediately clear which fitness center had happened at, they didn't say. The Rhythland Fire Department didn't say thankfully no one was injured, but yes, it could have been tragic, according to the fire department. Pool unoccupied at the time of the incident. No injuries to anyone in the fitness center either. The guess Joe, they have a drive through now good to Kent, Washington, where a mother there says The Washington in Washington State, woke up from a coma, the coma that had been caused by a stroke, and got some pretty bad news. Christina Silvale lives in Wandering Creek Apartments in Kent, Washington. Last April, she suffered a stroke left her in a coma in a hospital for about a month when she got awake. When she woke from the coma, she said she received an eviction notice from her landlord.
Speaker 7: To what that happens.
Speaker 1: That's some compassion right there. She has a limited movement in her body. Said she's now worried about how she's going to be able to care for, care for and house her two sons, who are twelve and seven years old. Speaking of local news, I just want them to know they're okay and that we don't have to live in the street or shelter. Apparently goes to physical therapy a couple times a week since the strokes, as her disability has prevented her from finding work in to pay her rent. Said the pain it hurts every day because my kids can't do anything with me. When I came home after the hospital, I felt useless. I couldn't do anything I could before with the Before the kids like cook and clean. Said she's always been a hard worker and doesn't like staying at home post strokes, that she can't feel anything on the right side of everybody, including her face, arm and leg while works continuing to search for work. Her mom and her and are trying to help her look for resources within the community, but they say several programs they've looked into have long waiting lists. Mm hmm. Well. The local News reached out to Wandering Creek Apartments, owned by essex Or Real Estate Investment Trust. A representative there named Courtney said the company does not plan on providing a statement that's shocking Shockingerio the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than.
Speaker 2: You reach the top the pinnacle of Douchetum.
Speaker 1: Good going due, your dreams have come true. And off we go to Huntington, New York, where a Long Island woman who does not drive and has not been driving yet, has been receiving thousands of dollars in tickets, they say, from all over the country because of her license plate number described as star Trek. Theend, this took me back. You got to go back to the original Star Trek Star Trek William Shatner beat a Cory of Huntington, New York, talking to CBS News New York, said that when she started to lose her eyesight in twenty twenty, she gave up driving, sold her car, and surrender her license plates. Her license plates shared the same number as the Starship Enterprise in the original Star Trek television program ends seventeen oh one, and apparently, according to the reporting, Star Trek fans from all over the planet have been buying matching novelty plates and putting them on their vehicles, leading to hundreds of tickets being delivered to her mailbox. Said, I want to cry because it's a simple matter they could have fixed. Yes, ma'am. It is in this modern world with technology that we live in, I cannot imagine this actually happens what apparently it does all the time. Apparently even received threats from Ohio and Canada, places where people with those fake blakes committed crimes. There is one attorney, Kenneth Mollis, who is volunteered to help her with the issue. Said, this is a lady who was beaten up by a big bad corporation for years. He said New York Department of Motor Vehicles talking with local news there that Corey was no longer attached to the Star Trek plates, confirming that fact. However, Tony Mullen's research determined her name and address were never removed, so he went to the top of the DMV hierarchy able to get the matter resolve, meaning she will no longer get those tickets. Corey and her part said thank you so much. Yay, finally after four years who to thunk by forty five? If you have krec talks in Stasian, Fast and Pro Roofing is the roofing company you definitely want to rely on and call because I know they will be honest and they are trustworthy and they will never lie to you. They'll never try to say something you don't need. They will do a free roof inspection thorough it will be and if there's any work that needs to be done, they'll identify for you and give you a free quote. All of it honest. And there's so many ripoff artists in the roofing industry. It's why I'm just telling you rely on Fast and Pro and you never have to worry about well that kind of Shenanigan happening to you. A plus the Better Business Bureau. It's not just roofs, although they do both commercial and residential and any kind of roof you want. You got a metal roof, you want to replace that, get him out of the metal roof. You got a shingle roof, you want to go a shingle again. They'll automatically upgrade you to the certainty Landmark pro fifty year warranted shingle. Or you might want to swap it out for a metal roof or a different kind of roof. Your options. They do it all, and nobody does it better. The craftsmanship and the quality is unparalleled. Custom metalwork, box cutters, exterior projects including sighting and railing work, and things of that nature. Talk to Ray and amanda've been around locally since nineteen ninety nine and again A plus with a BBB. Maybe you'll get Eric to inspect your roof. Good Man. You can assess him independently and draw your own conclusions. To reach him. It's five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five online fasten Faste n fastenproroofing dot com on New Year Jane and nine, first warning weather forecasts. We got a sunny day on a hands a day, It'll be a mile on high fifty eight. Over night clouds show up, showers return overnight down to thirty six rain Tomorrow morning, fall by a partly cloudy day in a highest fifty one clouds, over night low of twenty nine, and a cloudy day Thursday going up for forty degrees. It is thirty nine degrees right now. It's not for traffic.
Speaker 6: Run the UCL Traffic Center for Unmatched Cancer Care twos the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offerating proton therapy called five one three five to eighty four Beam highway traffic that's in pretty good shape this.
Speaker 1: Morning with no recks to deal with.
Speaker 6: Know what major weather issues to deal with either Sat bound seventy one under twenty minutes from above fields Ertle through downtown. No trouble on the Bridge's chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty one I fifty five KRCD talk station, Happy Happy, Happy Tuesday. Of course, it means the insight scoop with bright Barton News Tuesday is Daniel Davis Deep Dive Tuesday. We're gonna hear from Gastro Health, specifically doctor Kevin Cronneley on colon cancer. He is with Gastro Health. That'll be at the end of the program for our ass the Expert and a full hour with the Mandamental Legend as Peter Bronson. We're talk in local politics and other issues. Should be great conversation in the seven o'clock hour. Back Oh, in my last week this week for the rest of the year, I am taking Christmas vacation. Actually it's Christmas plus vacation, so I'll be off. Friday is our Christmas special with Rob Ryder. Can't wait for Robbie back in the studio. Love that guy. He's retired now too, which kind of breaks my heart. Mister Air Show himself. He does podcasts, and so does Joe Strecker. If you ever want to do a podcast, get in touch with Joe Strecker. He produces them. That's his sort of side gig. He does a great job at it too, So in case you were interested in sort of jumping into that realm, Joe's a man to call anyway. Go back to the stack of stupid we have in a person who was incensed that relative relatives, mind you, were praying to Jesus in her home. A Florida woman who came from Tehran, Iran told police that she quote prays using the Kuran and does not believe in Jesus close quote. But she also allegedly battered one of those visitors, attack that landed her in jail. Thank you, just drecker. According to the arrest Affidavid, the praying dispute between ry Sherry Changhini, who's fifty eight, and her brother, Peter Canghini, described as a sixty three year old contractor turned violent. Peter told investigators that he was praying with his wife Naid using their cross when Changhini got mad at him and told him to leave. Copsleveschanghini first quote picked up Peter's phone and threw it on the ground, destroying it. Why are you doing that, I believe because praying to Jesus. When she then went to attack Peter, he put his arms up to defend himself, a Sherry bit his right forearm as this tradition. Changhini then threw Peter's stuff out of the residence and broke his cross. At one point, Peter told police Canghini scratched her own neck and told him, you're going to jail now, a decision for the police. When cops got there Vero Beach specifically, they said Peter had a bite mark on his right arm, which had visible bruising and was bleeding. Police said that his phone was shattered and inoperable. Peter told deputies that he and his wife were at the home to visit his mother, who was there on hospice care. During the questioning, Cchanghini claimed that she bit Peter in self defense after he scratched her neck, but a deputy reported it examining Canghini's fingernails and found just what they described as traces of skin under her nails, consistent with her scratching her own neck. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Thank you. Joe. Jinghini charged with two misdemeanors, battery and resisting arrests, the latter count resulting from her struggling with officers when they sought the handcover. Keep your stupid mouth shut, thanks Jay. Judge realized ging Ghinee a release rather Jingide yesterday or the day the day after the incident. It's been a couple of days. Apologies for that from the County jail on un recognizan scheduled to be back in court January fourteenth. If you're in the Vero Beach Era area and have nothing to do, Uh, looks like I got plenty of talk about it. Sort of a wide open, mixed bag of various stories we can dive on into. But you know, I love talking to you. So there's some specific realm area of politics or what's going on in the wide wide world of sports, feel free to give me a call it five one, three, seven nine, fifty five hundred AT eight hundred and eight two three talk on five fifty on your AT and T phones. One more plug, fifty five KRC dot com. You get your podcast in your iHeart media app while you're over there. I'll be right back after the top of the our new your voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking my call. Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KR s the talk station A six here fifty five gar see eating the talk station by time's switching your one. A very happy Tuesday, rather disgusted by what's going on in the state of Ohio here and connects with our property tax relief, which you cannot expect this year for a variety of different reasons, none of which makes sense anyway. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk with town five fifty on at and T phone. Peter Bronson coming up in one hour. He'll be in studio to talk politics yet local politics of Peter Bronson. It's gonna be fun. I'm just certain of that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is a very intelligent and uh, really friendly guy and great conversational so we should build to lighten things up a little bit. Although I'm moving over to this Ohio lawmaker. No property tax bill coming your way is problematic to me. Maybe we can talk about that a little bit. Anyway. Eight oh five it is Tuesday. We get the inside Scoop with bright Bart News every Tuesday at eight o five. Today Colin made On the Tech editor returns to talk drones and the FBI, warning you do not shoot them down and don't aim laser pointers at aircraft. Dana Davis deep dive. We'll talk of Ladimir Putin saying the West is pushing us to our red lines, also us self defeating arrogance. Hmm. Sounds me like Daniel Davis has a little worked up this morning with eight thirty for that. And then we'll hear from Gastro Health's doctor Kevin Cronley about colon cancer. So there you have it. That's the lineup for this morning. And moving over to my discuss with Ohio. And I regularly express discuss with Columbus merely because you'd think, since they do have a lockstep majority of the Republican Party, that you would be a well oiled machine to get good legislation passed, and most notably something along the lines of property tax release since people are still reeling from the post COVID reassessments. Is, after all, our property values went up and then we got these massive increase in property tax bills and now everyone's feeling the pain. And that was actually mentioned and I got to give props to the East Callahan and for reporting on this, Denise Callahan WCPO. So the Ohio legislator had lofty goals for giving us relief from these insane property tax bills, but most efforts over the past two years have died.
Speaker 8: Notice.
Speaker 1: I emphasized the past two years, because it's not like they haven't even been looking at this. They have been looking at it and talking about it and literally doing nothing apparently for a couple of years. How long does it take to pass some form of tax relief? State Senator Bill Blessing, chair of the powerful Senator Ways Means Committee and co chair of the special committee created to address property tax relief. We'll get to that special committee here in a moment, told CPO that property tax relief is out of reach this year. Quote I feel comfortable saying no property tax relief will pass this General Assembly. Close quote. Now, apparently there was a with our describing as a last ditch effort in the House last Tuesday with House Bill two seventy four. Now, it wasn't a panacea, it wasn't the end all be all of tax relief, but it would have provided some some some measure of tax relief. What it would have done was double the homestead exemption for qualified taxpayers to fifty thousand dollars for people who've lived in their homes for twenty years or more. It passed overwhelmingly seventy eight to eleven. Representative Adam Matthews at eleven and urging its passage prior to the vote said, no Ohioan who has lived their entire life in their home should be at risk of losing it to taxation. Thank you, they say. Each of our offices has undoubtedly received dozens, hundreds, thousands of calls from constituents rightfully concerned about getting taxed out of their homes. The House has sought to take meaningful steps over this General Assembly to address the rising costs by passing HB two seventy four. Again, the vote was seventy eight to eleven. We take a step forward to provide continued relief to homeowners needing it most right now. It would have cost the state a measly one hundred and ninety million dollars annually, which suggests me not quite enough. But look, you know you think the Ohio budget can manage dealing without one hundred ninety million dollars. Prior to passage in the full House seventy eight to eleven, this particular provisioner bill rather languished on a shelf since its last hearing, which was its third on December twelfth of last year. Nothing done since December twelfth of twenty twenty three. But now as we approach the legislature scheduling to recess for the year this week, of course it's got to move through the Senate for concurrence, but apparently there's no time for it to go through the normal hearing process prior to the end of the thirty fifth General Assembly. It's got to be afer to the Senate ways and means A Blessing. State Senator Blessing told the media outlet he isn't planning on any more meetings unless the Senate President request one, and I'm laying odds that the Senate President is not going to request one ergo because the Legislature has scheduled recess for the year this week. At the end of the year the General Assembly, the clock on legislation resets and all pending bills die, meaning that House vote of seventy eight to eleven means nothing after the end of the year because they're not going to reconvene, the Senate's not going to vote on it, and it's dead. So even as modest as the relief was, and I must point out Blessing, according to the reporting here from WCB, at least has passed along Blessing says, well, I don't like the bill anyway. Quote. They're doing this to make it sound big when it's really not. It's not really providing all that much relief. I don't think we passed that, meaning the Senate. Well, folks out there in the listening audience, would you take some relief over no relief? Could the Senate not reconvene, go ahead and pass the along overwhelming lines like the House, give us some relief and then work on more relief later. Just because this particular tax relief bill passes, it doesn't mean you can't work on something that's better. And there are other ones being tossed around by way of ideas, and they cost the state a lot more. But how about a little love, how about a little scene? Know it? Show you for the ether, and don't tell me on my death bet, I'm going to receive total consciousness. Stay. President Matt Huffman could not be reached for common on whether he wants HB two seventy four vettter or not. Representative Dan Troy, a Democrat out of Willowick's, speaking to the WCBO, I guess I understand that the Senate president said he'd rather deal with this stuff next year, so we're kicking the can down the road. For his part, Representative Thomas Hall Adam Addison Township. He says he believes no meaningful reform has come to fruition because when the two year budget for the General Assembly was being negotiated, only thirteen of eighty eight counties had been hit with these massive pandemic induced property hikes, and you're probably in one of them. Butler, Green, Montgomery Counties among the first few. Warren County has since undergone its reappraisal increases across the board thirty seven percent for Butler, thirty for Green, thirty four from Montgomery Warren County. This guy hit with a twenty seven percent increase. Representative Hall said, when we were trying to tackle the property tax issue in April and May of last year, we were in budget negotiations at that time, and during those negotiations, property tax wasn't a huge priority to anybody because we were one of the first counties to get hit with this. Now, I think it's a whole different landscape because we've been through an election cycle, and make no mistake about it, we were the only ones in the beginning it. Now every corner of the state has heard from their constituents on property tax Pause for a moment, since it happened to Butler, Green, Montgomery and Warren during the pendency of your budget negotiations, couldn't you like say, hey, hey, hey, hey, the rest of you folks on the other balance of the eighty eight counties, you better look out. This is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks. These property tax increases are insane, and your people are gonna be blowing the phones up once they get their reassessment. Why don't we address it now, get ahead of it, and make us all look like superheroes. Now they didn't do that? Why bother just Strucker stated the obvious. I wish we had known this before the election. It goes on, there's more to this. But as I read that again, remember this is all the nothing's gonna happen because they're going on vacation and the end of the season, the end of the Legislative Assembly happens at the end of the county year. I guess timing is everything. They're going home. This dies, right. Could they pass it? Yes they could, but they're not. And then I flip over to the federal government. How many times we've been dealing with continuing resolutions, which is also kicking the can down the street. You're supposed to do twelve separate funding bills, twelve count them, twelve annual appropriations, and every administration keeps coming along, and Speaker Johnson is pledging to process all twelve annual appropriation bills next year. Just wait for it. After the stop gap expires in March. They're working on the continuing resolution for this stopgap measure, which just kicks the can of budgeting down the road. You wait to hear what's holding it up. And they're getting ready to go on Christmas recess as well. They've had all year long, and they knew twenty years ago that by the end of the year in twenty twenty four, they would have had done twelve appropriations bills. But no, here we are still dealing with a continuing resolution. When is Doc Dear Congressman Thomas Massey, when is the last time our Congress has actually dealt with and passed twelve separate appropriations bills, which is required, it's part of their job description. I don't remember the last time that's happened. He's always on the bandwagon about that. Five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty to two three talk CONFI fifty on AT and T phones, and nothing ever gets done to solve the spending problem. Oh look, visa Grandma, Swimmy and Elon Musk have some ideas already first though, Color Electric. Thanks to all my listeners for relying on Color Electric. I know you're glad you did. Andrew Cullen is well oiled machine of licensed electricians taking great care of your home, doing the electric project to your satisfaction, and leaving you with a twelve year wiring war our ten year wiring warranty. And the price is always right. The price is right so you don't have to worry about being overcharged. The work is done professionally, and again they take great care of you. I've had their work performed in my house many times over the years. I can vouch for them all day long. I know Andrew Colin is a good man and a man of his word. And I've met a whole bunch of those electricians over the years, and they're all quality people. Lily's my favorite. No offense to the rest of the Calin folks. But I just get a kick at her. I think she's been with them for like more than two decades. So call coll Electric the folks with the right connections, whether it's just a simple outlet install or rewiring your whole home. They do everything five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two more online a plus with a BBB. They are call on c U L L E and Collen Electriccincinnati dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station. Men, we hear it all the time. Amazing Time for the nine first warning weather forecast sunny sky is the day had to be mild with the high fifty eight thirty six overnight, raine will return, clouds kick in about epm or so. Tomorrow is going to be a cloudy day, rainy start in the morning of this clouds after that fifty one for the high, down to twenty nine overnight with more clouds and a cloudy Thursday as well. With I have forty it's thirty nine right now.
Speaker 6: Time for a traffic up from the UCLF Tramthic Center front Match Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering pro time therapy called five one three, five eighty four Beam first Accent into the morning northbound seventy one's ram to westbound.
Speaker 1: Two seventy five. So far, I'm not seeing a huge delayed to god By.
Speaker 6: Traffic on the bridge is doing fine, both northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one. Chuck Ingbramont fifty five KRC deep talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six twenty two. If you've got car CD talk station the Tuesday, screw it. I won't give the phone and brothpairly. Nobody wants to talk to me anymore anyway. So there you go. Anyway over to the federal government, and they're futzing around in advance of these Christmas holiday kicking the can down the road bipartisan framework to put off the government shut down which is looming, renting problems over the weekend. They are still bickering, at least as of yesterday, over the funding bill that will lay the groundwork for the early days of the Trump administration. All right, so without it, government agencies are going to shut down midnight Saturday. There won't be any will there be any political ramifications for it. Since they got this thing kicked past the election, it's all solidified, so we're not running up to an election with a looming government shutdown. The election's over with Trump's president. House now run by Republicans. Senate Republicans. Case you didn't get the memo, go back over that, and then maybe the government will shut down, providing I don't will political fodder for anybody. I'd rather get my popcorn out, watch the government shut down, and just let it go see what happens. I know that's a bit of an overstatement, but still I'm so thoroughly disgusted with lawmakers coming on the heels of this nonsense going on in Columbus and here we have it basically continuing and then like year after year after year in Washington, DC. So anyway, shut down midnight Saturday, lawmakers apparently getting ready to prove another stop gap bill to extend federal funds into mid March. But there's some disputes, and they're having some disputes over farm maide as well as RFK Stadium, which is what drew my attention to the article, and I almost made my blood boil. House Speaker Mike Johnson widely expected to pull out to buy a bartisan bill soon. Tee up and vote. They're eager to bolt from Washington to get home from the holidays. Thank you for that acknowledgment. Jacob Boggage over at the Washington Post. Legislation would push out the government shut down deadline by three months again going to March, and include up to one hundred billion dollars of assistance for natural disaster survivors because, of course, all the FEMA money had been used for illegal immigrants. Go ahead, look it up. During the last minute negotiations, the Speaker attempted to attack on more financial assistance for farmers more in addition to the massive amount of financial assistance the farmers get already. Democrats responded by seeking federal funds to reconstruct Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge. It's tit for tat all, Republicans. You want more farm made, well, then we need something for the Francis Scott Key Bridge. But wait for it. Quote from the Washington Post. Maryland Congressional delegation, which holds outsized sway on the appropriations process, issued additional demands relating to negotiations over the future home of the Washington Commanders, which apparently is playing its home games at Northwest Stadium in Landover, Maryland. And it got a quote a venue widely regarded as one of the worst in the league. Boob blank word who someone wrote right there, Hey, Joe, you know it says they're actually playing their home games. They're actually getting the games played, They're accomplishing the task of playing a football game at the Northwest Stadium in Landover, Maryland. Wow. And no one's dying. There haven't been any natural disasters. I haven't read about anything like that. So I guess you can play football even though by some subjective measure, your stadium is the worst one in the league. How about that? And see it's subjective. Just said that's debatable. Ah, But you see there's a component of this. It's a little more complicated because the funding bill apparently there's a provision in there about this stadium which transfers control of the land around RFK Stadium from the federal government to the city of Washington, DC, which therefore allows the Commanders and the city to then negotiate for a potential new stadium. All of which urged me because look, we're facing the government shut down. You know, everybody pulls their house at Wales and nashes their teeth. Oh my god, government shutting. One of the components of shutting down the entire federal government is the future home of the Washington Commanders, even though they're still capable of playing football at Northwest Stadium in Landover Mare, Maryland, Ah. The stream of expletives that want to come out of my mouth right now, feel free to call I got local stories otherwise five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Another number you want to call this a number Foreign Exchange. Make an appointment of Foreign Exchange. Get your traditionally imported manufacturer car Asia or Europe or Tesla. They are Tesla trained now to fix and fix for less. And that's what the point is of Foreign Exchange existence. To provide you with wonderful customer service from your car techno maintenance and repairs performed by an AS certified Master technician for less money, and sometimes substantially less money. So take home with that car with a full warranty on parts and service, with more money in your pocket. And please go to the Westchester location, Tylersville exit off of Ice seventy five East two streets. It's a really short jog. I wouldn't say it's like an eighth mile. Hang a right on Kingland Dry. If there's a chicken place right there, hang a right on Kingland Drive, and you'll run right into Foreign Exchange Westchester location, where you'll find Austin and the team, and they will treat you wonderfully. They're so just very very friendly. And again you're gonna be happy. You've got nothing to worry about. So five on three six four four, twenty six, twenty six, five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six online Foreign X Form the letter X dot com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC Waking up nine first forecasts.
Speaker 1: Gotta be a sunny day today, fifty eighth for the high overnight low of thirty six with rain rainy morning tomorrow, followed by partly cloudy skys in I f fifty one clouds overnight but dry, dropping to twenty nine and forty the high Thursday with cloudy skies thirty nine. Right now traffick time.
Speaker 6: Probably you see up Tramphing Center for Unmatched Cancer Care Jews the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy Top five one, three, five eight four. Beam crews continue to work with the rack northbound seventy one one ramped to westbound two seventy five. Still not a major time to lay at all to get by northbound fourth seventy one. That's starting to build a bit into the barrels near Memorial. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: To Shay six thirty two fifty five krc DE talk station five one three seventy fifty hundred two three Todd. Let's go to the phone. See what Mike's got this morning. Mike, thanks for calling. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 9: All right, Brian, Uh, look about the Commander's football still he said they can still play football there. Yeah, but uh, you're saying about the after disaster traffic caan of field got.
Speaker 2: Hit and lost their rooms.
Speaker 9: They didn't get enough female money or nothing. Now they want to stay. They want to us government pay for a football field. I'm like, I don't want to pay for the Bengals stadium. I ain't gonna pay for that one.
Speaker 1: I know, well, you know and that's the thing, that's why this this rubs me the wrong way. It would rub me the wrong way even if we didn't have our own problems historically with the whole con up the former Lea. Paul Brown Stadium, the negotiations for that, the terrible deal that the Hamilton County taxpayers got, the ripoff that we got because they wouldn't give us the relief that we were promised when we voted for the damn thing. And now the demands for hundreds of millions of dollars in stadium upgrades. Okay, that's what we're living right now. But to find out the entire federal government may shut down in part because apparently the commanders are incapable of playing at Northwest Stadium in Landover, Mayor and at least comfortably. You know what I got. I got two words for the whole group of them up there, and it ain't happy birthday, breads and circuses. I mean, then we don't realize how the Roman Empire fell. I mean their finite number of swoll again stadium the obviously this is a finite number of taxpayer dollars, and apparently it ain't enough. It hasn't been enough for it since I've been alive. I remember Ronald Reagan complaining about the impending one trillion dollar fel deficit when it was in the nine hundred billions. You know, fast forward and now we're looking at what I mean, they say, within what a couple of years, it's going to be forty trillion dollars spent beyond what they took in tax wise. And yes, stadiums are a component of it. That's why I'm so excited about Elon muskom b b Grammas. My boy, that in the low hanging fruit is insulting to you who worked and paid into the federal tax revenue. It's insulting the waste. They don't care. They don't give a te spoon of excrement about you. They're not tasked with being efficient. If you're in a private business, I guarantee you you've got multiple layers of efficiency. At least the most successful businesses do. Oh look, you let Elon Musk vive grammars from me multi billionaires because they ran successful businesses. So if you want to go out and buy something, you're probably gonna have to do maybe look for value. You buy it when it's on sale. No, you can't have the five thousand dollars executive chair when the one that costs two hundred dollars provides the exact same function. It sits your butt on it and provides you with a place to do some work that's not the federal government. Sorry, I'm a bit of a terar this morning. Feel free to join me six thirty five fifty five kre cit these octation and get in touch with twenty two three right forty two between Mason and loven and home, Ah, the place where I got my Christmas gift. I've been jokingly referring to it as my red rider. B begun with a stock, but I went a little larger than that. You're just a scoch. See when you have friends with firearms and they let you borrow them quite often, that puts a b ugg in your ear, like, Okay, I'm gonna have to get myself one of these. Well that's my Christmas present. I of course called Wendy up, told her what I was looking for, and a day and a half two days later, I had exactly what I wanted in the store, went up there and got my son and I went up there and a nice conversation with Wendy. Walked in the door. Jeff, the co owner of the store, standing right there when I walked in. You're looking for Wendy, aren't you. Yes, great store. You can get gift certificates, membership options. They have heaploads of AMMO, they have a huge selection of firearms, and you know, it's such a friendly, knowledgeable environment. The employees there are all just superior folks. They got a gunsmith there you can if you have any smith work that needs to be done, you can count on twenty two three for that, and a huge line of literally everything. And really, let me emphasize this competitive pricing. You don't have to go looking all over the place to find great pricing. It's right there at twenty two to three indoor range without peer clean, absolutely safe with range. Safety officers are very good about making you feel comfortable when you're shooting at twenty two three. And then also classes. I imagine you can get classes for someone as a gift, so for all your firearms needs, from the most experienced to the least experience. Twenty two three Route forty two between Mason and London. Please tell the crew there, Brian said, Hi. When you stop in online twenty two three the number twenty two fill a boy the word three spelled out Route forty two between Mason eleven and twenty two three dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio stationw.
Speaker 1: Here's the nine first, one and four ks. It's gonna be a sunny day today miles with the high on fifty eight over night little thirty six with rain which is supposed to the clouds supposed to show up around eight to ten pm, and the showers also overnight, so tomorrow will have a rainy start of the day. Otherwise it'll just be partly clowny for the balance fifty one for the high down to twenty nine overnight. The clouds will remain and they'll be around on Thursday as well, with the higher forty Right now thirty nine, time for traffic.
Speaker 6: The you see how Tramphate Center for Unmatched Cancer Care twos the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three, five eight four beam westbound two seventy five s ramp from northbound seventy one Cruise continue to work with an accident so far not a huge delay to got By South Pound seventy five doing fine Fants Union Center and not too terribly bad coming out of Lachland and pass the lateral chuck Ingramont fifty five krs the talk.
Speaker 1: Station, Hey six forty here for your CD talk station. I'm gonna go to the phones phone over here if you'd like to call comment. I'm a little bit incensed this morning at our politicians, which is kind of a default mode, although I'm letting it show a little bit more, maybe get it all out of my system before I head on into vacation. Last day of my week for the year is this Friday, Christmas Special Friday with Rob Ryder in studious Trekker's Backery belongs. Glad to see that, and we're gonna go to the phones five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk New Hampshire, Gary, Welcome back to the program. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 8: That's a going Brian today.
Speaker 2: I just want to bring in the little fiasco that a lot of people forgot after we got the monstrosity of the Paul Brown Stadium tax deal that nobody registered for Oops forgot to bring that one up, and then they didn't get the tax credit. Everybody went to the first football game and they discovered that I think it was they had just put gravel lots in and rather than building a parking garage, and they wanted to and they did pass another one hundred and fifty million dollars to build the parking garage because everybody had to be either busted in from the parking lots that were gravel all around the Cincinnati area, or they had a very long walk.
Speaker 8: I don't know if do you remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't, But you know, I'm the first person to admit sometimes my recollection is short in I can't stay up on literally every fun fact going on in the world. But not shocking to me, You am sure, Gary, I suppose I should.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, you guys are being taken from the word go on this and some people are just they're not smart enough to see it. All this money could have gone to other things such as schools, roads or repairing of bridges, you know, other than it would make Cincinnati a much nicer place to live, rather than giving all your money to the Paul Brown.
Speaker 8: Family. You know, it just it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is people refuse to step back and deal with the potential reality that maybe the Bengals wouldn't be here someday, and that threat, that looming threat of yeah, well, if you don't give me what I want, I'm gonna take my team go elsewhere. Well, you know, it's a little more complicated than that. I don't know if there's somebody out there in the world that really wants to buy the Bengals or build a new two trillion dollars state and to satisfy their wants and needs. But you know, in the final analysis, what is the most important thing? Is it really sports? I had a conversation at a Christmas party about this over the weekend. Someone was incensed and mad that we're allowing college football players to actually make money because they make money for the colleges. They make literally millions and millions and millions of dollars of revenue for the colleges. They get jack squad other than education if they choose to pursue it. And I have no problem with the college football players taking a slice of that action. They're the ones that are generating to damn revenue. So and then that and that pivoted over to a conversation about what's the point of college. I know we've got revenus High State University fans. I'm best friends with one loves up the street from me, and I get so sick of hearing about Ohio State. I want to vomit. My daughter got two degrees from High and State. I'm very happy for the degrees. Are why I'm happy. I don't want to write a check to Ohio State. I wrote checks to pay for her education. Same thing Universe Cincinnati. I got two degrees. Love my environment. I love my school primarily because I enjoyed my social life there. But they did educate me, and I was successful and capable of, you know, helping to you know, hol's cloth, feed shelter a family and raise a family, and found a wife in law school there. So I got nothing but with thanks and praise the University of Cincinnati. No, I'm not writing him a check and I don't. And we had such a crappy football team and crappy basketball team back when I was there. I never got really engaged in the sporting environment. I was there for school. It's school, learning, education, getting a degree, preparing for your future. That's what college is supposed to be about. City of Cincinnati, what is the city supposed to be about? Taking care of the dam roads, prograding environment that is welcoming, a low taxation, low crime environment that is welcoming to people. Hey, we're one of the few cities in the entire United States that has a professional football team, and bully for us. How do all those other cities live through and survived quite often more successfully than the City of Cincinnati when they don't have a football team. Hmmm, let's ponder that one for a while. Where are our damn priorities? And this is not to say that I don't enjoy watching a football game. I'm entertained by it. But you know what, my priorities are a little bit different. They've served me well over the years. Six. I'm sorry, man, I just just this, this really, really really has gotten under my skin, and it really set me off this morning to know that our federal government might get shut down in part and maybe small part. Over the commanders by side, Jim and Jim, I got a pair of gyms on the phone. You guys, if you don't mind hanging on six forty five ify five KOC the talk Station, Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove, CHIMNEYCARECT dot coms where you find them online. They are awesome what they do and that's literally everything when it comes to chimneys and fireplaces and free standing stoves and self feeding wood waste peal stoves and fireplace inserts, a tuck pointing cap and damper replacement, lining, replacement, water damage. It starts with an inspection, a video camera inspection of your flu Please take care of your safety. You know you could have a carbon monoxide issue going on. There a potential one, so get yourself a carbon monoxide detector, whether or not you take my advice to call the Chimneycare Fireplace to Stow, which I still recommend you do, unless you're a certified chimney sweep and you can sweep at yourself, or you know someone who's capable of putting a cap on your chimney. That kind of stuff. You get the idea. Most folks, including me, don't do that. That's why you want to count of the experts at Chimneycare Fireplace in Stow. They have an A plus the better business buer locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight, award winners they are. Check out the web page learn all about the services they provide in cleaning your dryer vent out because I always say, can't remember the last time your drive event was cleaned out. It's probably clogged, which means you're at least paying too much money to get your dryer or your clothes dry. Also could be a fire hazard. So just yet it taken care of one stop shopping Chimneycare Fireplace Stove online, chimneycarecode dot com showroom four to thirteen. Ward's Corner Road Telling. Brian said, how any call for the appointment. It's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC call.
Speaker 1: Timer than nine. First warning weather forecast sunny today, great enjoy it. Becauz's gonna get cloudy fifty eighth for the high clouds show up around eight ten pm tonight with showers and a low of thirty six. Rainy morning tomorrow, partley, cloudy all day fifty one, cloudy overnight down to twenty nine, and the cloudy day Thursday with ire forty thirty eight. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 6: From the ucl Traffic Center for Unmatched Cancer Care, twos the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering pro TOM therapy called five one, three, five eight four beam westbound two seventy fives ramp from northbound seventy one cruise continue to work with accident. So far, not a huge delayed to got buy soap pen seventy five doing fine, passed Union Center and not too terribly bad coming out of Lachlan and passed the lateral.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs. The talk station six fifty here if you have krc DE talk station Peter Bronson in studio for a full hour. We'll talk politics as well, but sure if he shares my feelings about what we're talking about. Now, we're going to find out if Jim and west side Jim too. Let's start with the order which to ever see which means west side hang on, Jim, Thank you for holding and welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning, Brian. Hey, I listened to you on the iHeartRadio and every every commercial break has a Northern Kentucky Health Department come get your COVID shot commercial, And I was wondering how much of my tax dollars are going to this. So I looked it up and it's only thirty eight percent is paid for by Kentucky residents. Thirty is paid for by the federal government. So there's your answer. That's why I'm I'm so inundated with these get your COVID shot every commercial break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, since I'm here, I don't know what's playing over the streaming component. They're different advertising online than they do on the program. And you you know, everybody draws their own conclusion on getting a COVID shot or not. And I know they're all about spending all that COVID money before it goes away, So there's part of it. Was it improperly spent? Yes, I will agree with you all day long. Do I recommend you get a COVID vaccine? I see that your decision on your own. I have natural immunity because I had COVID, So yeah, add that to the list. You know that it ultimately supports my employer. I suppose I suppose that in yours to my benefit to some degree, although I don't get a slice of any of that action. As I've always pointed out, Ryan Thomas me personally, am not endorsing a product, a good or service, then you can't attribute it to me, even though it might run during my morning show. And to all those folks who'd run spots during my morning show, thank you very much for choosing the fifty five KC Morning Show. I think I'd like to think you're getting a good return on investment since apparently, according to the ratings, we do pretty good job here in the Greater Cincinnati area, and the streaming numbers are pretty dang good, you know, when you do comparison to other stations and other shows. So I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish here, But again, never attribute something to me unless my voice is associated with it, whether it's coming out of my mouth by way of commentary like right now, or it's because I'm doing a commercial for one of my very trusted sponsors, somebody else is doing it. That's you draw your own conclusions on whether you want to pursue that particular good or service. I'll let them prove it themselves. Westside, Jim, always a player. You're hearing from you, my brother, how are you?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Brian, and thank god you're on buddy, I don't do syndications, so I'm al. I'm glad that you're on cycle listening to local.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: I've got to start going out today to start driving around in circles so I can get ready for all these roundabouts on the west side of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I saw that for twenty of them.
Speaker 10: Oh, for God's sakes, you know, I don't know if anybody he drives around and gets it stuck in one of these things. And I go to Newport once in a while, and that's the thing over there. I'm surprised there's not more accidents that nobody knows what the heck they're doing when they're driving one of these damn things.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I will concede that point only initially, and once you've navigated one at least once or twice and you figure out how it works. I don't know. I think probably they're a good idea overall. They do keep the traffic flowing, at least in my personal experience, to keep the traffic flowing. And I don't know, but they come into great expense. And this is where we go back to dollars and cents. If you're weighing your option. Then there's a finite number of dollars in a pile of money. Do you go round about? Or do you put the money elsewhere? Are you going to get a good return on investment for the roundabout? You know that kind of thing. And I suppose somewhere along the line we pay for studies to figure that one out.
Speaker 10: I just keep thinking of European vacation where he kept driving around the circles because nobody knew how to get out of the things.
Speaker 1: That's because, yeah, that proves my point. He was an American who's never ever been on a roundabout before. Everybody else there knows how to work them and navigate them. Chevy Chase gets behind the wheel and he gets stuck because he doesn't know how they work.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 10: Did you happen to see our video from the Typical Westsiders?
Speaker 1: Not yet. It's marked out in my short list of things to do. But you know, if I'm not on the air, I'm usually not on Facebook.
Speaker 10: It's about fifty four seconds long and we've had over twenty five hundred views already.
Speaker 8: People were to sty and laugh and over this thing. But if you don't mind this for a second.
Speaker 10: We've got our Christmas party tonight for the Cincinnati West Republican Club, and the reason I'm bringing that up is that everybody's invited to this, of course, and there's no speakers, but we're gonna have anything that's donated with an unwrapped toy or hopefully people open their wallets. Everything goes to the Help Squad. So the group we usually donate, we don't donate. We always have door prices, which we do tonight, but I'm holding the whole event or the help Squad tonight. I know it's getting close to Christmas, but they can use everything they can get, so I hope everybody comes in.
Speaker 8: People that haven't come.
Speaker 10: It's a fun time, and just bring either, like I said, an unwrapped toy for a child, or open up the wallets and let's see some twenties and fifties coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, pryceal chili, right.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, six to eight price sal chili and it's run pretty cool. So get yourself some you know, Coney's or Three Ways or whatever, and then listen. Listen to me talk a little bit. If I my voice will hold up, and we'll go from there. But yeah, check that video out, Brian. I think you'll get a chuckle out of the four of us. Oh, I know, I will Christmas carousel or what you call it, cancel rollers instead of the Christmas case. It hits a riot, so you'll get a.
Speaker 8: Kick out of it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Okay. So the typical West Siders is what you're looking for on Facebook, right or just just generally okay. And then tonight at Price sal Chili six to eight, bring an unopened gift for charity or money. In both cases it's going to go to the Help Squad, which is a fantastic organization. One hundred percent of your money will make it to some person in need. And they really are great at helping out folks over on the West side of town that are on life's margins, getting them over the hurdles that life throws them. And what an important thing to think about this time year. I hope you have a great event. I West Chide, Jim, and thanks for calling and let my listeners know all about it. Gotta run. Oh, look in studio, he's staring at you at the face, Peter Bronson, Love you, Peter. We're gonna be talking for a full hour about politics and whatever else crosses our mind. It should be fun. Stick around me right back on New Year and a new president. The countdown.
Speaker 11: I'm super excited with.
Speaker 1: The Kintings here that can't wait. Fifty five cares the talk station Soto five tifty five car CD talk station. Happy Man. Brian Thomas is this morning with Peter Bronson Studio. I just just love this man to death. An unbelievable writer. And if you seriously, whether or not you're from the Queen City area, if you are looking for a wonderful Christmas gift, just go I'll say Amazon, and you can buy it locally, but Joseph Beth right, Joseph Beth or go to Chili Dog Presses. Get it there because that's where Peter Brown's Peter Bronson's publishing company. So Chilidog press dot com. Get a copy of any one of his books. They're great reads. They document Cincinnati's history and he just does such a phenomenal job telling a story and it's all, I mean real. The most recent one promised Land, How the West was Won? You had the Man who Saved Cincinnati just prior to that, and that was a They're all great Reads Forbidden Fruits since Cities Underworld. The Supper Club Inferno maybe my favorite. I hate to say and prioritize that, but I know about the Beverly Hills Supper Club and I remember it when it burned down and the mob connection with that, which Peter does a wonderful job incorporating the reality of that into that book. Not in our town. Everybody remembers Larry Flint and Hustler, The Queen City Versus The King of Smut another great read. So that goes on and on and on. So Chili Dog Press for any one of these wonderful, very affordable Christmas gifts for your uh, your literature loving friend. Peter Bronson, Welcome back to the Morning show, my dear friends. Always great seeing you.
Speaker 12: And thank you for that kind introduction about my books. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, listen, if it wasn't true, I wouldn't have set it all right, kind of let it go. Thank My wife got a an acknowledgment. She had it's some wonderful bake goods and someone had said, you know, that was you know, really unusual or something like that, and I go, didn't they say it was really good at any point in that message, and she's like, no, I said, well, I guess that just wasn't their cup of teas. But anyhow, Yeah, it's it's like my friends when, because we're all, shall we say, we give each other a hard time those busters, the better the friend is, the harder time you give them. And I always joke around. I said, hey, listen, if I'm not giving you a hard time, that's when you know I'm mad at you. So yeah, if I didn't understand the books, you know that that would be a that will not be a good sign. So Chili Dog Press for those Peter, how you been you'll prepare for that very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I've been real busy but doing a lot of book signings and a lot of fun. In fact, I have one coming up on Saturday at the Barnes and Noble at Beaver Creek, Good Saturday at two pm, especially for people living up around the Northern Cincinnati Greater Cincinnati area and also from Dayton. There's a lot about Dayton in that book, including the story of one of the most colorful characters in Ohio history, Clement Villandingham.
Speaker 1: Clement Villandingham, Yes, clemtt so you're talking about the Promised Land or Promise Land, right, yes, my latest book. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: So he was a congressman from Dayton, and he was also probably the most notorious copperhead Southern sympathizer in the country, and he gave so much heartburn to Abe Lincoln that Lincoln ordered uh and General Ambrose Burnside to march up from Cincinnati and kick down his door at midnight and haul him into the street in his pajamas and throwing in a military prison.
Speaker 1: Wow, kind of like they treated Donald Trump pulling the documents out of the house exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 12: It was no habeas corpus nothing, and he was thrown in a military prison and left there to rot for months. Finally Lincoln said, Okay, I guess this is getting a little embarrassing, So if he wants to be part of the South, let's send him to the South. And they shipped him down under a flag of truce and turned him over to the Confederates.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a riot, isn't that crazy? Well, it's like returning an illegal immigrant to their home country. We have a lot of parallels here, Yeah, we do, don't we That's amazing. And wait, there's more so.
Speaker 12: Then the Landingham goes to Montreal where he runs for governor of Ohio in absentia, and there was a panic in the state of Ohio because the rumor circulated that he was going to import tens of thousands of voters from Tennessee and Kentucky to win the election.
Speaker 1: Well, he back. It was a lot easier to cheat. Yes, so we had election fraud.
Speaker 12: We had a conspiracy anti government insurrection going on, and he did not win. But he did come back eventually and practice law in Lebanon after the war. Always forgiven. He's practicing law. He's representing a guy who was killed in a barroom brawl, and as part of his defense, he's at the Golden Lamb in Lebanon and he's demonstrating to his friends how this guy could have shot himself. The victim, Oh, they have shot himself by pulling a gun from his cumberbun. The gun goes off, clem up. The Landingham kills himself at the Golden Lamb.
Speaker 1: Instant karma.
Speaker 12: Yes, And there is a room on the second floor at the Golden Lamb called the Clemate of the Landingham Room. So this is one of the great congressmen from Dayton. Know how Dayton at the time was a hotbed of copperheads. In fact, they had riots, They had all kinds of crazy stuff going on there during the Civil War.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, know And and when you mentioned a story like that, and I quite often when people are talking about social unrest, remember when Antifat took over the street, it's a Black Lives Matter protesters all, Oh my god, the world's coming to an end. It's never been like this. This, this is so terrible. The country has never seen such social unrest or division. My mind goes back to, say, two periods in history, modern history. The SIMS sims SL Liberation movement. They actually blew up the Senate bathroom, you know, Okay, the January sixth riders stormed the Capitol and they mayhem and all of that. They didn't play at bombs and blow stuff up, right, I mean, And it wasn't the only bomb. They blew up the Haymarket Statute in Chicago, our statue in Chicago. They had all kinds of bombings, killing a police officers. Crazy you had it was it Bobby Seal and the Black Panthers and just really a lot of violence, the killing of RFK, the killing of Martin Luther K Luther King, JFK, Malcolm X even, I mean, just the violence was so much more profound than thankfully it is now. And yes, we have our share of violence, and I'm not trying to downplay it, but if you don't reflect back, and that was I mean, that was almost within my lifetime being born in sixty five, of course don't remember it. But then rewind to around the turn of the century with all the Kamis and socialists run around also committing acts of violence and terrorism.
Speaker 12: And this edition arrests during World War One. Yes, President Wilson, Yes, I mean what you're onto with the seventies though, I was a high school senior in those days, and it really shocked me when I went back to research how many bombings there were. For example, in Cleveland, when the lic of Oli and the Jack Whitemob went to war against each other, there were bombings almost every month for a long time. And meanwhile, well all over the country, these weathermen bombings were owing your weather underground. It was like crazy stuff, rotc buildings, people were getting killed, oh yeah, policemen were getting shot randomly. It was a nutty time. I had no idea that there were that many bombings going on. Of course, I was a high school kid. I wasn't paying attention to the news at the time, but what a nutty time.
Speaker 1: And then the Kent State shootings on top of it. So you know, I mean, it's easy to push all those different things and crunch them down into a ten minute discussion like we're having right now. But really it was a rather very concentrated time of violence, it was, and violence like again, thankfully we don't see on that same level now. Yes, you have your occasional Sarnev brothers, you know, those guys obviously experiencing the realities of death or prison. But you know, it's we all think that our individual life, that everything happens within our vidual lives, and that we exist in this moment in time when you know all this has hap Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. You know, we live basically a click second moment. Our entire life is just a moment in history. That's why I don't believe in you know, in man made climate change. Every storm is my fault? Are you out of your mind? Did you look at like the glacier that used to cover the whole state of Ohio ten thousand years ago or anyhow. But it's fascinating. Maybe you write a book about all that that violence and protests in the sixties. That's my favorite historical period in our country between for what, I don't know why, and I think we talked about this last time, between the Kerawhac Beatneck area all through the early seventies and the development and the wild societal changes that went on just during that decade, the counterculture, the all of it.
Speaker 12: A lot of that is in my book not in our time, when I talk about the mom in northern Ohio, and then I went into a whole chapter about all the bombings that were going on, crazy stuff. I mean, it's just to look back on it now. The seventies were such a dark period. It's very, very and all you have to do is watch a movie from the seventies and you just kind of go, they really made this stuff.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 12: It's really just dark and depressing, and everything is corruption and evil and horrible.
Speaker 1: It's just, yeah, more they change, the more things stay the same. Peter Bronson will continue this conversation lots of talk about first though, when I mention QC kinetics, because twenty twenty five could be the year without pain. You got knee pain, joint pain, hit pain, can't sleep at night because of the pain. You get up in the morning and it's like, oh, and you don't like that happening. Of course, if you're struggling with that kind of pain, probably I think I feel safe and saying you've gotten steroid shots, probably had pain medication, and your doctor probably has had a conversation with you about surgery. Well, how about trying a different path q C kinetics. There are advanced protocols in regenerative medicine taking your body's natural healing powers, concentrating them and putting them right there in the area that pain have helped tens of thousands of people with lasting relief. So maybe twenty twenty five is your year without pain, without those pain pills, avoiding the surgery knife and all the downtime that goes along with that. QC kinetics medical professions awaiting you with the treatments right in the office with no downtime, So take them up on the free consultation. If you're not qualified or you're eight. For whatever reason, this won't work for you, they'll tell you consultations free. You know you can use your SFFSA and HSA dollars to cover the costs of this. Give them a shout, just get up, schedule the free consultation if five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. QC Kinetics at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Channel nine tells us today is going to be a sunny day for the most part mile half fifty eight down to thirty six over nine. Clouds will show up around eight to ten pm and then a rain along with that. It'll be a rainy start to tomorrow morning with partly cloudy day in the balance fifty one for the high, overnight low with twenty nine with clouds. Then Thursday a cloudy day with a higher forty thirty eight degrees. Right now time for traffic, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Traffic Center for unmatched cancer care, choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five eighty four being southbound seventy five, continues to get having her out of Lachland towards the latteral and the new contract, foldling northbound seventy five at an extra five.
Speaker 1: Between Buttermilk and Downtown.
Speaker 6: You're on and off the breaks northbound four seventy one between Grand and the Barrels near Memorial, having your traffic across the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty about KRCV Talk station. I'm very happy Tuesday too. You're gonna have the inside scoop of bright bart News tech editor Colin Maydine on drones, also the Daniel Davis Deep Dive Retired within a Colonel Daniel Davis on the West are they put in saying the West is pushing us to our red lines? And I guess kind of an analysis of the United States policy US is self defeating arrogance. That's what Daniel Davis. The meantime, Peter Bronson in the studio, and love talking with Peter because you quite literally can talk with him about anything. And after our last conversation, you maybe scratching your head, going, well, what's this all about in this hour? Well, it's about anything and originally the talking we're gonna talk kind of local politics was the general subject matter, and off the break I started talking about, well, I really don't know a whole lot about local politics because there's so very little reporting on it, and he's like, oh my god. And see there's the tip of the iceberg of the next conversation. The world's a completely different place back when you were with the inquiry, I mean you, I mean we knew in depth and in detail every council meeting the subject matter with the committees, and.
Speaker 12: If there was a zoning Board of Appeals meeting that was controversial, we staffed it. We had people all over City Hall, and that's what kept the elected people and the bureaucrats looking over their shoulders, because they knew if they did something stupid, they always had to stop and think how would this look in a headline. A lot of them didn't, of course, you know, and it was obvious that made for good headlines. They made great headlines. But we had people on everything, and now there's nobody watching, and now you begin to see the corruption that we've had at City Hall, the just unilateral stupidity of decisions that are just covering things up or decisions that just don't make sense, and it's because there's nobody watching. And elected officials who are not being watched are like kids in with their hands in the candy jar.
Speaker 1: They just are not gonna stop. Well, I suppose this is a reflection is like you know, video killed the radio star or the internet killed local newspapers. Yeah, but that causes one, okay, but yeah, Well let's move over then to perhaps some potentially for other causes. Now if I want to consume that, and I presume because for years and years and years people did have an interest in what was happening locally in politics. Did that interest disappear or is it just still out there being unfulfilled in terms of getting the information, Because I figure if there's a demand, then even if it's just online, you should be able to get that. But I'll give props to the local media that does have online content, but again it's not nearly nearly as in depth.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, I think there is a demand for the kind of in depth investigative reporting just which really should just be called solid reporting that tells people to context and gets into the details what happened with the newspapers and I know it specifically from my career in newspapers over thirty years, was that the newspapers began to grow more and more out of touch with their readers, and they began to ignore their readers. And there's a cost for that, because the only thing you have to spend in media, your coin is credibility.
Speaker 1: And if you don't have credibility.
Speaker 12: If you keep telling them things that they know aren't true, if you keep getting stories wrong, if you keep coming to every story with an attitude which always came from the left. I mean, it got to the point where conservatives in the newsroom could be counted on one hand, and that's out of one hundred and fifty some people. So it's just not right that that happened.
Speaker 1: Well, it's reflective of a national phenomena, is what you're saying. Exactly what happened at the Inquirer or any of the other uses.
Speaker 12: In the macro sense now in all media, and it's part of the reason it resonates so great. When Trump said yesterday we need a fair, balanced media.
Speaker 1: We need a great media, but it needs to be fair. Come on, come back, do your job. Yeah, and how about without interjecting and you know I am a commentator. This is I mean stream of consciousness. I have a philosophy. I like to interject my philosophy into my analysis of matters that I'm speaking on. I'm happy to report these specific facts which provide the springboard for my commentary. But that's not what a reporter should do. They should stop with reporting the facts and then let me and you and the other folks draw their own conclusions from a political perspective, whether they think it's a right or not thing to exactly.
Speaker 12: They should be the play by play guy at the football game, not the guy on the sidelines who jumps into the game and decides to tackle somebody running down the side.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, let's go back in time, Kenna. Never never forget that, man. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football. Seven five will continue with Peter Broudson. I am enjoying this, and I hope the listening audiences as well. You know what, it's holidays. Let's let's just engage in this kind of light conversation, but informative conversation. Let me steer you in the right direction. Zimmer. You know it's a heating season, and you know you have a problem with your your heating system. Get a carrier system. You get a warm which we've turned a cool carrier comfort rebate over the summer into a warm carrier cash rebate twenty two one hundred dollars savings. That's a great deal on a carrier unit. They make wonderful HVAC units. And the folks at Zimmer are the ones to count on with that. They're the ones that are coming at you with this twenty two hundred dollars savings. And they have twenty four hour day, seven day week service. It's third generation, family owner operated folks. And they always take great care of you the customer, wonderful customer service, efficient license. They do it all and so you can even count on them when the system conks out at I don't know, midnight on a Saturday, give Christimer a call. Tell Brian Thomas said, how when you do please five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one two, I'm sorry five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Forget about all that. Just go to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The president m CEO of Time of the nine first tenty Wether forecast. Today's gonna be nice day, sunny sky. Is it gonna be a mile fifty eight high, overnight low down on thirty six. Clouds show up around eight and then we get rained. Ray will continue into the morning tomorrow with a high on fifty one, although after the morning it'll just be partly cloudy. Cloudy overnight Wednesday with a low of twenty nine and a cloudy day Thursday, high forty thirty eight. Right now, time for a traffic update. Chuck Ingram from the.
Speaker 6: UCF Traffic Center for Unnine Cancer Care. Choose the University of sentimenta cancer center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three, five eighty four being south Bend seventy five continues to build through Blackland northbound seventy five and an extra ten minutes out of Erlinger into downtown. There's a wreck on Bypass four ramp to westbound one nine now northbound seventy five. I wreck in the center lane and Shepherd Chuck Ingram on fifty five care and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here fifty five KRC. The talk station Brian Thomas with in city of Peter Bronson, and again a strong recommendation for any reader or somebody who's interested in history, generally speaking local Greater Cincinnati, Kentucky, Ohio history. His books are fantastic reads. Promised Land How the Midwest was one preceded by the Man Who Saves Cincinnati, which is actually the sequel historically speaking, Promised Land, the prequel to The Man Who Saves Cincinnati. But in order in which they were written, I'm going backwards. Then you get to Forbidden Fruits in City Underworld, in the supper Club Inferna, that of course refer to the Beverly Hills supper Club and the mob connection with that burning down not in our town, the Queen City versus the King of Smut, and that one is about Larry Flint pornography generally speaking, but beyond that, and there's more there. Just go to find Peter Brownson online. Just go to Chilidog Press dot com. And I had a listener send me a book. He wrote himself, he heard me talking to you, he heard me mentioned Chili Dog Press, and he reached out to you, and he wrote me a letter. He sent me a copy of his book along with a very nice note talking about how awesome you are. You helped him out, you gave him some guidance, and in fact, I do believe you published his book so fantastic. It's a neat story, So thank you and for inspiring. Also, there's other local writers out there, And you know, when I was a lawyer, I used to write all the time, and to the extent not you know, putting pen to paper and thoughts and just it's been so long, I don't know, but I know a lot of people out there do it. So they draw a lot of inspiration from you. And with that small publishing company, I think you provide folks who otherwise wouldn't have an avenue. That's right.
Speaker 12: We do about twelve fifteen titles a year, all kinds of things, children's books, biographies, fiction, science fiction, mysteries, whatever people want to write. Now I can help them pretty much from start to finish, coaching, editing, helping them work through writer's block, all kinds of things that happen when you're writing a book and getting them over the finish line with a good printer, with great designers who do fantastic covers, and it all comes together and it's nothing like giving somebody seeing them get that book from their hands with their name on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be exciting for the writer. It's like, oh my god, look what I created. Yeah, it's like very coast to make furniture, little small minium mission style stuff. And even to this day when I look at it, I'm like, I can't believe I made that. I tried to sit in and do that. Now I wouldn't even know where to start, but at least I accomplished it at one period. Very cool. It's just like, why not just stick for this topic just for a moment, because I do want to get back to the media bias thing. But sure, in terms of writing a book, is there's sort of a you have to have a whole start to finish general concept timeline, and then go in and fill in the details. Yes, I got to know where you're going from point A to Z.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I urge people to always sit down and make an outline first. Don't act like it's going to be rigid or that you're not going to depart from that, because naturally you will as your research progresses or as you're writing takes a different direction. But if you have that it's like the safety net, and if you get lost or you wonder why did I digress so far in this direction, you go back to your outline and say, this is where I'm going to end up, and this is how it all.
Speaker 1: Works, like a movie storyboard kind of exactly. Okay, Yeah, it really does help.
Speaker 12: And I urge most people also to put together their whole manuscript before they come to me, because so many discover the hard way how difficult it can be to write a book. It takes a lot of dedication and discipline to finish from start finish. And so sometimes they come and they just send a few chapters and I take care of that form and coach them and get them in the right direction.
Speaker 1: But then they never come back. So okay, I can see that it gets Life gets in the way. But I suppose it's almost impossible to step outside of yourself and be objective about whether what you're writing is appealing, whether it is interesting. You know, I always give props, Say what you want about Bill O'Reilly his Killing series books, for example, EI, they're just so easy to read, They're fascinating his writing style, and I know he has help, but it just it's sort of compelling. You're like, you don't want to put it down. There's an art to There's got to be an art to saying I can't put this book down. One of my favorite authors, Dostoyevsky, you can put that down, you know. I mean, there's only so much fyodoor dust ask you can take it in an hour or so and then it's like, all right, I'm coming back to this later a break, right, But you know, in terms of those maybe it's just the length of the book, but perhaps it's the subject matter, because of course Dusky's a lot heaviier and more psychological and in depth. And you know, bill Ayevsky's.
Speaker 12: The Whiskey and the Chaser is something by John Grisham or you know. You know, so I do him as a little bit of bullfight. I'd read two books at the same time, maybe five books at the same time. But I can go back to Dostoevski, but then I'll have to have a chaser of Stephen Hunter, Jonathan Gilstrapper, some of the thriller writers that I.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, you got to lighten things up every once in a while, an we'll bring him back. I got, I got further questions about this shift in media bias. We did talk about the enquire and I don't want to say it's demise, but it's rapid decline. And you had a couple of inside information baseball kind of comments on that. But the broader media reality most notably as we have seen post Trump election, and sort of their current reflection and whether you think that might bring about a renaissance in media. I'm really curious to pick your brand about that, Peter Bronson. It's seven thirty five right now. If you have karos to detalk station and a strong, strong, strong, strong recommendation to call USA USA Insulation, you know, if you've never called them, and if you've got a brand new home, don't bother. I suppose, because they're supposed to insulate those things to the fullest extent possible. But older homes mid seventies and before you got nothing in the exterior walls, and those late seventies eighties, and I don't know how far in but that's why I say it's a free inspection. The folks at US Insulation can determine how much insulation you have in your exterior walls, and if it's insufficient, you can get the phone to go in with the old That kind of like provides a double layer. But if there's nothing in there, you're going to be just in all cases truly amazed by the immediate improvement and comfort. And then there's that energy savings, which I always think is the most important thing. Comfort, of course is going to come along with a well insulated home, but the amount of money you can save every month probably maybe not, but yeah, in many cases it'll pay for itself because right now it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You've seen your energy bill and you know that thing is never going down, So why not nip it there and start saving money each and every month on a product it literally pays for itself. I would imagine improves the value of your home. So that's why it was a housewarming gift from my wife and me to my daughter and Eric with their under insulated R twelve late seventies build home. It's fully insulated now and they're really enjoying the benefits of that. You can too, call for the quote while it's still ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and while that energy tax credit is still available. Twelve hundred dollars when you're doing your taxes next year. Five one three three eight one three six two six three point eight one foam online, USA Insulation dot Net.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Tiber the nine first morning weather forecast. We have a sunny day mile with the high fifty eight. Got cloud's rolling in sometime after eight to night along with showers thirty six years low Tomorris hight fifty one with rain in the morning and then cloudy sky's during the day. It or remain cloudy over nine corn down to twenty nine and out Thursday as well. I have forty thirty eight right now.
Speaker 6: Traffic hid from the use of tramphingk Center fron Match Cancer Care chews the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three, five to eight fourteen southbound seventy five slows from Glendale Milford through the Lochland Split down to the lateral with an accident at Shepherd Over on the left shoulder. Inbound seventy four now Breakwikes from Montana. There's a wreck on Blue Rock Bubbo Blue Wakers and on five Pans four at West one twenty nine, Chuck Ingbramont fifty five, k SEED Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty if if you've got KC DE talk station. I am enjoying the hell of this conversation I'm having both on and off air with Peter Bronson. You may remember from back in his Enquire days, and he was there for a long, long time. Of course, a wonderful, wonderful author. Chili Dog Press to find Peter's books as well as if you consider yourself a bit of a writer, he is a publisher, so you can work with Pa on that. But beyond that, Peter, going back to your Enquire days, and we all we already talked about the world a completely different place. At one point you got straight reporting. You would interview the Dems and the Republicans, but you'd interview them, you put their comments in print, the factual information behind it, and that let their leaders the readers draw their own conclusions. Now bias started leaking into it. And I know about that because I've been around long enough to remember when a lot of people in my youth, even I mean going back to like even I suppose my college years, you know, eighty three to eighty all the way through law school is ninety. But you hear people all the time, I screw the inquiry. They just become this left wing rag and it did start moving further and further left. Readership out obviously declined. And now we're at a time where we have internet and I know, the paper itself now is a lot of repetition from USA today. I have Sharon Coolidge on the program, and you know, whatever her political bias is, I actually kind of feel sorry for her because she is trying to accomplish by doing you know, going to city halls, she went to the damn train sale meetings. Since she's trying to accomplish as one single human being what a whole team of people used to go out there and do. So, Sharon, if you're out there, God bless you. But beyond that, this bias crept into it. But it's not The InCAR is an illustration of that. All across this great land. We call it the you know, the the mainstream media, which everybody knows is shorthand for this interjection of commentary and political bias into normal news reporting. All right, moment of reflection seems to be happening right now. Look what happened to the ratings at MSNBC after Trump got reelected. People even said, you know, we felt like we've been lied to. They were perpetuating this myth that Biden was razor sharp and lo and behold, everybody's being lied to. They lied over and over again by repeating the Russia, Russia, Russia. You know, there's nothing here to see on Hillary Clinton and server and the hunter Biden laptop is a myth. All these lies, yes, but they got in trouble because they kept repeating them or not reporting on them at all. And they're feeling obviously if you just look at ratings as the barometer, they're feeling the aftermath of that pressure. Absolutely. Now with all that, what do you think is going to happen? Will they change their tune, Will they try to go back to those days of honest reporting and fair and unbalanced or balance rather, or do you just see this as a continued downward spile.
Speaker 12: So I would believe. I believe that there are two ways this can happen, and one is the Uh. Really it's about the same way that the bias was installed to begin with. So in my book, not in our town I tell a story within the story of the Inquirer newsroom with composite people as characters to a show how the newsrooms became increasingly political and increasingly driven by agendas and increasing The editors didn't have the backbone to stand up against this and say stick to the news because they would get replaced, as happens in newsrooms by people coming up out of college in the seventies from the Love generation who wanted to change the world by corrupting the institutions to fit their worldview.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 12: So that's how these institutions were changed from within. Now today they can be changed back from within by people like Jeff Bezos, who's saying, Washington Post, you guys are completely off track.
Speaker 1: You've tilted so far to the left. People aren't reading our paper.
Speaker 12: I own it, and I'm a publisher, and I want this to be a better product. So he is forcing from top down from within as publishers used to. And we're seeing that also with the La Times, where they're throwing a fit because their publisher is also doing the same thing. Now it also can be changed from without, and the way that's happening, which is very encouraging. I think is what happened to George Stephanopolos. It's what happened to all these media companies who slandered Nicholas Sandman in that famous case at the Capitol. Rible, right, it was just horrible. Well, these settlements, they're huge, and that does get the publishers and the media's attention to say, that's a great Wait a minute, so finally, in.
Speaker 1: Other words, they can be held accountable exactly.
Speaker 12: And you're seeing people like Clarence Thomas and Alito saying this libel laws have gone way too far to protect media and it's all done. All these precedents were set back in the days and we didn't even have online media and all these competitive platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, New York Time standard with the bias.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the absolute malise standard is just ridiculous. And public figures being subject to this. So when Trump settled and and what I read George Stephanopolos had to pay a million out of his own pocket. So that's the kind of thing that does get the attention of the media.
Speaker 1: I hope. I hope. So too, one follow up, we get back on that what is a journalist these days? Which is a journalist? We're going to talk about that we get back because I've heard people throw the word degree around and I'm sorry, I don't buy into that affordable imaging. I do buy into the concept of affordable imaging because imaging at a hospital imaging department isn't unless you think paying the eight you know, three grand auty r own pockets affordability after a five thousand dollars bills. Jeff knows all about that. He called ahead of time, my friend, Jeff Gret, my greatest little He's gonna send me an email here any second out of the big smiley face on it, because he still is happy about the fact that he's saved thirty one hundred dollars when he got a CT scan because he took my advice and went to the place with really low overhead but nothing else different than the hospital imaging department that's affordable imaging services, where that's CT scan cost him six hundred dollars if he got the contrast anyway, if he got one without the contrast, it was four hundred and fifty bucks. And yes, that price includes the board certified radiologist report. But he call it ahead of the time. The hospital told him his out of pocket was going to be thirty one hundred dollars. That's right after medical insurance. You see, it doesn't have to be that way. Go ahead, you call your hospital imaging department when your doctor orders the MRI, the CT scan, the echo cardigram ultrasound or lung screening or cardiac scoring, and they got to let you know, make sure you get all the bills too, because they may not give you separately. Tell you that the board certified radiologists report. Oh, by the way, that's going to say back an extra five hundred or whatever. But Affordable Imaging Services, each of the scans comes with the radiologists report. You and your doc will both get that within forty eight hours. I've been there, I got a CT scan there. I saved money myself, so I put my money where my mouth is and you can too. But you get to keep most of it because you went to Affordable imaging Services. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three, seven, five three eight thousand Online learn more at Affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 7: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Cause you're nine first on the forecast sunny day to day high fifty eight overnight. The clouds roll in sometime after eight, bringing with them some rain. Thirty six for the load to Mars high fifty one with clouds cloudy over night that of twenty nine and a cloudy Thursday with a higher forty. It's thirty eight and time for traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Tramphings Center, Flora and matt Cancer Care Jews the University of Saints In Anti Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy.
Speaker 1: Caught five one three, five to eighty four.
Speaker 6: Beam Snap found seventy five continues slow out of Evendale through Lachland down.
Speaker 1: To the lateral.
Speaker 6: There's an accident at Shepherd that's over on Beloft Shoulder stop found seventy one. Now break bits Field Serble towards Fifer. There's a wreck on Blue Rock just below Blue Wakers. Chuck king ramon fifty five KRE seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KERCD talk station by Times with Peter Bronson going over a variety of subjects this morning. But since we got into the concept of media bias, and Peter goes back far enough in the days of like, for example, the enquire where he spent a lot of years it was much more factual reporting. And I had to ask the question because again the topic of the internet's popped up number of times this morning. I can sit down, I can literally write anything I want. I could go to a Sin Saint council meeting. I could listen, I could observe, I could write down the facts. I could write down quotes. I could come and put it on any literally any site I want, which is fulfilling the responsibility of or the job title of a journalist. And what bothers me in you mentioned it before it started in the early seventies when the old schools started getting replaced by the new people, the free speech movement people, the students for Democratic Society people, the ones who got a liberal, left wing biased journalism degree and took that out into the world and then started interjecting their own political philosophy into it, which rubbed a lot of us the wrong way anyway. But that was the product of having gone through journalism school. Absolutely. Now, what possible benefit or what point is there to journalism school? If I can do everything a journalist, what does that journalism degree give me? If I said I want to be a reporter? Now aren't I a reporter simply by doing and fulfilling the role that I just mentioned, Or do I lack some sort of credential or credibility or something like a path that I need to get in any given space. What's the story on this?
Speaker 12: Well, A lot of people in the newsroom when I was starting out used to have the view that journalism really went off the track when it became known as journalism. In other words, it was all part of credentialism. So once upon a time, being a reporter was a trade, and you just needed to have a high good high school education in English, be able to write on deadline and put together a sentence, and adhere to the professional standards, which were fairness, honestly, the tell both sides, be thorough, all of those things that we don't see anymore.
Speaker 1: Which would have been the job of an editor to keep you in line, right exactly, So your reporter that you see in the nineteen thirties movies, Ah, yeah, I gotta got out of the Yeah, I saw the fight today and you know, kid Muggsy knocked out soon. So they put the article together, the editor would look at it and say, come on, what is this ar or great job, actual reporting, or that would be the control mechanism.
Speaker 12: Exactly, big fat, red grease pencil and it just goes right through your copy.
Speaker 1: I work for guys like that. They would slice you to ribbons.
Speaker 12: And sometimes they would accompany that with a side of abuse.
Speaker 1: Yea, so profession different.
Speaker 12: You go back and write it again. But that was that was not really considered.
Speaker 1: It was a lawyer. I'm serious. I'm having Vietnam like flashbacks now, Peter.
Speaker 12: It would be more like a trade like mechanics and plumbers and people.
Speaker 1: We had a job to do.
Speaker 12: But then the college just decided they could create this whole program and credential it and call it journalism, which is a pretentious French word for reporter. That's all it is, y and journalists. Now people have this total confusion about what is a journalist. They think people on cable news are journalists.
Speaker 11: They're not.
Speaker 12: They're commentators, they're pundits, they're opinion people. People like Stephanopoulos. He's a political operative. He worked in the Clinton administration. He was one of the guys who covered up for slick Willie.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: He's also not writing what he's reading. That's why they call him talking heads exactly.
Speaker 12: They don't write anything. They read a teleprompter. Now, I know a lot of TV people, especially on the local level, are doing a heck of a job reporting the news and gathering news and writing news correct. But when you get up to a certain level like on Fox or CNN or MSNBC, people like Rachel Mattosi is not a journalist. None of those people on MSNBC are journalists. None of them have a journalist and background that I know of. There are very few I'd actually worked in the trade like newspapers or coming up through the ranks.
Speaker 1: They were never apprentice, exactly a journeyman.
Speaker 12: They basically most of them moved out of politics sideways, and that's where they scored the big money. Like Stephanoppos paid three million a year to do what to interview people? He's really basically I think he's a functionary of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean to the extent they allow so much of his political bias to creep into whatever he's reading off of the teleprompter. That's exactly what he is. Whether he's officially a member of any given you know, political action committee or party affiliated, guy has a role in some capacity. Outside of his role, he is filling that function by just simply parroting their political message exactly.
Speaker 12: So here's another analogy. So when I worked as editor of the editorial page, we had what we called a wall between church and state, which was the editorial page was the publisher's page, and that's where all the opinions were. Right over here is the news. We don't co mingle. We don't we don't have opinions in the news, and we don't have that much news in the opinions we comment. So that gradually became so blurred because the reporters were not content to have opinions on the editorial page that they couldn't Rebut so if you had a conservative editorial page, you had reporters out there working to undermine and answer that like a letter to the editor and their columns and their and their stories. And now we don't even have editorial pages because really the news side took over the function.
Speaker 1: Peter Bronson, this has been a real treat. What a wonderful I'll even call it Christmas present for me to be able to talk with you for another hour. And now I find out that we both flong to the same gun range. So we're going to go out shooting some time together and I look forward to that'd be great. Hell yeah, and lunch sometime we can talk books again. Yeah, Peter, You're always welcome on the program. I look maybe something we can just sort of conceptually contemplate the idea of you coming in. Maybe you know, if you times next year a little bit more often and do exactly this, because I think it's a wonderful exercise to talk and reflect on these matters, historic and otherwise and again. Chilidogpress dot com find Peter's books and other books. And if you're interested in becoming a book are having your book published, you need to talk to Peter about that. Seven fifty seven Happy Holidays to my brother Christmas. Merry Christmas. Stick around, folks. It is time for the inside scoop with bright Bart News. Today we'll talk drones with tech editor Colin Maydine, followed by the Daniel Davis Deep dive, including topics US self defeating arrogance. I'll be right back there we go again, another news updates. We're going to get all the facts, an ear full of information at the top of the hour and they'll break it down fast fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 12: This report is daniel iHeartRadio app powered by fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: A six and fifty five KRC the talk station Brian Thomas. All looking forward to Tuesdays this time because it's time to get the insight scoop from Breitbart News, a website that used the most definitely bookmark, which is why we start out this segment saying bookmark A B R E I, t BA, RT dot com and today the return of Tech editor Colum and Ie to talk about drones. I was so happy to see you on the list this morning, Colin, welcome back to the Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian. Hope you're doing well well.
Speaker 1: We got a list of people a mile long who will be more than happy to take their drone shot and help bring down the drones in New Jersey wherever they're happening to fly. Now. I know the FAA and the laws prohibit us from taking sort of ground based pot shots at them, but it sounds like it will be great sport. Colin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean you could be looking at the Donna the next Olympic sport right trying to knock mystery drone out of the air.
Speaker 1: I love that you're gonna have to increase your lead time and all that, but I'm sure we could figure it out anyway. Moving on from the kaigh comedy that might exist in that, this is kind of freaking people out. I mean, I keep seeing the word psyop running around, you know, a false flag being waved around. But I think there's enough reality. There's enough real film and video because everybody has a cell phone or a smartphone with a camera on it. This is kind of creepy. These things are flying around. Now we can eliminate some of them as genuine aircraft. I get it. Flying at night aircraft have lights on them, but not all of them, and some of them are flying around some sensitive areas, and a lot of people were recalling the Chinese balloom that Biden let fly all the way over our country before shooting it down and thinking that there may be something really nefarious going on. What is your collective take on this column.
Speaker 11: Well, the first and most important thing is, you know, I think there is a lot of gaslighting going on, so, you know, I think the Brian tim Thomas audience is uniquely qualified because of everything you say every day to understand if government officials are opening their mouths, they're lying. So the government is lying about everything drone related right now. You know, much of their much of their statements is don't believe you're lying. Eyes just just believe the friendly federal agencies and the Pentagon who will definitely tell the truth.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So, you know, you really hit the nail on the head. There's certainly some hysteria. There's certainly people who are generally looking down at their smartphones are now looking up at the sky and anything they.
Speaker 8: See in a mystery drone.
Speaker 11: It kind of reminds me of how after Pearl Harbor there was a lot of you know, illegitimate sightings of Japanese Euros dooming around the West coast.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: So, you know, yes, there's some hysteria. But the reason I've been following.
Speaker 11: This story closely is we know there's many legitimate sightings of things that should not be flying around without people knowing what they are. We have islets we have active and retired military. You know, we have incidents like medevac helicopters being unable to land and try to save people's lives because of large drones zooming around a Coastguard cutter swarmed by fifteen to twenty drones. And these are not you know, when people hear about this story for the first time, they tend to think of, you know, small consumer or prosumer drones, you know, things that kind of blur the lines between commercial and consumer.
Speaker 8: These are not that. These are you know.
Speaker 11: Qualified people, people who are good at determining size of objects like in the air, like pilots are saying. These are ranging from dinner table size to the size of a car, which are you know, not something you buy off Amazon. No, these are the big boys. So we've got unknown things flying around the East Coast, at least the East Coast, if not elsewhere for determined reasons, and the government's telling us don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just take into consideration that one very strange yet real fact, which is some of them are as big as a car. Now, anybody can go to Amazon and buy one that's got a damn camera on it, so you can sure film what'sever on the ground. Hmm. Why would you need a drone the size of a car unless it's got something that like a payload that could be dangerous, could be used for you know, massive data collections. I mean, there's got to be a reason they build them that big, and that's so they can carry around something that's really really big or be useful for something beyond just filming the ground below it.
Speaker 8: That's a great point, Brian.
Speaker 11: I think people need to step back and think about what do we use drones for. Why did drones exist today? You know, if your Barack Obama, drones exist to blow up families and you know, random innocent people on the other side of the world. But they do have purposes beyond dropping bombs. Right, drones are excellent because they're cheap to fly.
Speaker 1: They can fly.
Speaker 11: Way longer than regular airplanes because you know, they're much lighter, uh, and they're they're they don't have to worry about keeping a human safe inside.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 11: They're very good for loitering over an area, using sensors to see what's going on, looking for things, sniffing around. That's that's what drones are for. So that makes you know, that adds a little bit of perspective of Okay, so why are these things spending endless airtime every night apparently around New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania. You know, they're they're just floating around looking for something would be the most obvious answer. And the government, you know, they're super sure about certain things. They're super sure. We shouldn't worry about it, right, Not foreigners, they're.
Speaker 8: Not the Pentagon.
Speaker 11: Yet we don't know what they are. They're not willing to tell us. You know, Donald Trump came out and said they know what they are. They just don't want to tell you because he has a way of speaking plainly and.
Speaker 1: Telling the truth exactly.
Speaker 8: But they're you know, that's.
Speaker 11: What when you ask me, why are their drones flying around, hanging around, you know, aimlessly all night, Well, that's what drones do. That's why people use drones, because they're good at hanging around, seeing what's going on, looking for stuff. These large drones, to your point, yeah, some of them carry bombs, like the ones that you know the military uses, but a lot of them are stuff to the gills with sensors for whatever, you know, whether it's electronics or radiation or other things. That's what drones do. So if you want to know why there's drones flying around these coasts, they're doing drone.
Speaker 1: Things, right, which is seemingly unlimited category. When you start talking about it contextually, knowing how many applications and drones have put to so they're doing drone things all right. We probably read a very large chapter, if not a book on drone things, which gives no one any comfort Colin, which means I go back to this factual void we have here, which I don't know if they want us to to start talking conspiracy theories. But when they don't speak and they say something stupid like we have no idea who runs them, who owns them, where they come from, but we know you have nothing to worry about, that is the factual void that immediately invites these conspiracy theories. It's almost as if they want us to have them.
Speaker 11: You know, it makes you wonder about that, Brian, because it really has evolved to be the government playbook. You know, when there's some sort of terror attack, within minutes, they'll tell us this is not as long as terrorism. Like, well, that doesn't really help me, Bud, because you know, you're not saying what it is, you're not saying who did it. You're just falling over yourself to say what it's not. You know, we've certainly been in a factual void for the last four years, if not, if not longer than that. But yeah, you know, nature.
Speaker 8: Hates a vacuum.
Speaker 11: We if they don't tell us anything and they're trying to tell us not to believe our lying eyes, it makes people chatter and it makes people try to answer the question. And that's why you've got a lot of theories floating around, whether they're ours or someone else's. But you know, you brought up something earlier that's important, which is you can't really trust that. I think conservatives right now are tending the write off that these may be foreign controlled But you just got to go look at that Chinese spy balloons and the government was very lackadaisical. They let them gather intelligence across our whole country and then they finally shot it down after it gathered and transmitted all the intelligence that wanted. So, you know, one message I would have to everybody is, although there's a you know, there's a lot of circumstanceal evidence saying these are US drones, don't discount then angle because our current government doesn't seem to be interested in stopping foreign people from doing bad stuff to America.
Speaker 1: That is true, Although I have to tell you Colin. And you know, if it turns out to have some level of accuracy to it, I'll be the first person to eat my words. The elected representative who suggested it was an Iranian mothership that was sending these things over I mean again, going back to conspiracy theories. I don't know from what orifice he pulled out that theory, but you know that he said it out loud, and he puts his own credibility on the line for making that utterance. Uh, you know it's I don't believe it for a moment, but it just sounds preposterous, but preposterous enough in these you know, factually devoid times that you know, maybe some people out there going, no, that's what it is. It's an Iranian mothership. Okay, how how how is it Iran in not North Korea or Russia or someone who has even the more greater capability of pulling that off China, who basically has done it before.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know sometimes Brian, you think too much like a lawyer. Right if I get up these guys who have done it before, you know, and have have a means motive, an opportunity, or is it this country who doesn't really hang out in the Atlantic Ocean. That's suddenly they have a mother ship, right, Yeah, you know that one thing that happens, and this is just my opinion is, you know, when we have these situations that are fast moving with low amounts of facts, you get people who have a vested interest in, say us, you know, getting into a hot whar with Iran or you know, painting Iran as a bad guy. They find opportunities to reach out to folks and plant these stories. And that happens because of the you know the fact that there's the government is either lying or just not telling you know, the facts of the situation. And it's so fast moving, and these guys have their phones ringing off the hooks because you know, from everyone from constituents to state and local officials saying you got to get us answers on this so well, and you know sometimes they bark up the wrong tree.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, go about your initial point. We're being lied to. We all kind of know it. And Connie just sent me one I've seen this before. Oh, they're looking for missing nuclear waste. Apparently some piece of equipment that had nuclear waste in it. Well, listen, Colin, I don't know about you. If that's what they're doing, I can handle that as information. If that's what in fact, I would want to know. God, there's nuclear wasts out there, at least our government officials have the wherewithought to send up a bunch of drone that can scan for nuclear ways then look for it. I mean, where's the downside in giving us that information?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I think there's a fine line, Brian, because you know, I think both of us would agree it's okay for the government to have secrets. You know, there's been crazy things that happened in America that we didn't learn about for decades, Like you know, a they accidentally dropped a nuclear bomb once, you know, and it wasn't armed, but they had to you know, they had to spend some time looking for it because they didn't have drones to search around. But you still get a huge level of comfort and you dispell a lot of the hysteria when you say, these are our drones, we're doing operations, and we don't believe you.
Speaker 8: Know that there's a tremendous danger to the public.
Speaker 11: It's that's a huge difference from you're probably seeing the planet Venus, which is particularly bright in the sky, you know, and satellite people are you know, they know, even if they're not aerial experts, they understand. Drones don't move like airplanes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: They tend to.
Speaker 11: Hover a lot, they make tight turns, they loiter. Planes tend to drive around and fly around and go to an airport somewhere.
Speaker 8: Right, So.
Speaker 11: There's a way to not tell us exactly what's going on, but to tell us these are ours and we're doing things. Or even call it a drill. You know, that's a government tax pick. Call live things a drill, but that's still a lot better than saying you don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, someone who shared a fellow jaded and cynical traveler Colin and Dine from Breitbart. He is the bright Bart Tech editor. Colin, thanks for the time and a couple of yucks here this morning on a very important topic here in the fifty five Krssey Morning Show. I always enjoy my segment with Breitbart, and I'm looking forward to next Tuesday for another one. If you and I don't talk, whatever holiday you're celebrating, I hope it's a fantastic one, and I'll look forward to further conversations with you after the beginning of the next year.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll be in Christmas.
Speaker 11: I'll be in Ohio for Christmas, so I look forward to visiting the state and happy holidays everyone.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and welcome back to the neighborhood. When you get here. Colin the Dine Breitbart dot com. It's eight twenty fifty five krcity talk station. Plumb type plumbing. Plumb Tight can be found online at plumbtight dot com. It's always plumbing done right from northern Kentucky all the way to eight and everything in between. They're going to help you out wonderfully. So with great customers, serves great communication, they will take wonderful care of your home, and they will treat you and your home with tremendous respect, and the price will be right whatever kind of plumbing problem you've got, at whatever time of day. They do offer twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency service. Get them on the job. I can vouch for the work that they've done in my home, and I know that they will do equally well, perhaps even better. I don't know if it's possible, but I'm sure satisfied with the work that they've done over the years and done quite a few projects. Will accomplish the great customer service they provide with the highest quality products and the best prices industry affordable and fair pricing. So excellent plumbing, workfair price. What more can you ask? A plus with the better business Pharaoh Call them up five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. Find them online again plumb.
Speaker 7: Tight dot com fifty five KRC for more.
Speaker 1: Information about it. A thirty on a Tuesday. It is that time a week I always look forward to having a nice, in depth conversation about some of the more problematic topics in the world. It's time for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Welcome back, my friend. Always a pleasure. I always look forward to this segment, you know, so in a while, but I really do can't wait to see what we do today. I know, and you know, I was looking down at the topic lists. I'm going, oh, geez, you know, I mean, the world's fallen apart, and that's what you and I talk about from a military standpoint, and I certainly appreciate your insight in this regard. But it was just yesterday my son brought over a video of this intense explosion in the Tartis region. Apparently the Israelis dropped a bunch of bombs and it looked like and my son and the immediate rumors on the internet were swirling that looked like maybe a small nuke had gone off. And when you're talking about World War three, start now. The Russians, of course have nukes. We know the Israelis do. We know the Iranians probably do or in any event, then I see your headline with this putin the West pushing us to our red lines, and when you're dealing with a nuclear power, that red line certainly could potentially involve nuclear weapons. So I am very interested in hearing what you have to say about this one. Yeah, it's there.
Speaker 4: Was interesting because there was almost dueling statements made by Trump and Putin at nearly the same time yesterday, both kind of laying out their positions, and you know, Putin is for his side, was saying, hey, you know, I just don't get why you guys don't believe us and you keep pushing towards our red lines. He's talking about the continued use by the Biden administration of these long range weapons inside of Russia two hundred kilometers deep inside. Trump, for his side, also made reference to the same thing, and he said, I don't think it's a good idea, and I think.
Speaker 1: We need to stop.
Speaker 4: And it's it's actually encouraging from a certain perspective that you have both leaders talking about the same thing, because they both want to get this thing over with different reasons. And I say, I don't care what their reasons are. As long as we end this war and return to some sort of stability in Europe, that's good for America.
Speaker 1: All right, let me tap your sort of political analysis on this, which seems to be what this is. You and I have been over this before. Those whatever those missiles are called atcams or the longer range ones, which you and I agree and everybody in the NO agrees, requires some United States military high level sir authority approval to help use or otherwise operate and fire them. So we've got boots on the ground inside Ukraine launching missiles into Russia. That all sounds bad. We know they're not going to accomplish much. You've already talked about how they can be shot down by Russia's version of the drone system, and they have. They come at an amazing cost. They're millions and millions of dollars of pop. This isn't like throwing a drone is something. So with all that in mind, what in the hell is Biden trying to accomplish by even allowing them to be used or having our people operate them?
Speaker 4: You know, honestly, it's all we're left with his speculation because the Biden administration officially just says this is to help Ukraine defend itself, you know, that blanket they've been using on stuff forever, which means nothing and doesn't really answer the question.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: They'd want to defend themselves, but why this particular and why this particular time win. It doesn't gonna it will not cannot change the outcome of the war itself, but can possibly expand it and escalate it.
Speaker 1: There's no good answer.
Speaker 4: I mean, some of the things are that they want to maybe tie, they want it to escalate.
Speaker 1: They want Russia to react in.
Speaker 4: A strong way so that the war expands and then Trump can't come in on twenty January, and it seeks some kind of negotiated settlement end the conflict. You know, I think that there's still some people and this is hard to believe in the Body administration, and I know this for a fact, actually still have a fantasy that the war can be won if only they get more time, a little bit more money, some more ammunition, et cetera. And I can assure you from a military perspective, there is exactly zero chance of that happening. All it's going to do is increase the cost in personnel, blood and treasure for the Ukraine side to lose because it's already baked in the war.
Speaker 1: His concluded, well, and I just to pivot away. Still same war, same conflict that I don't know if you had seamless whether there's any credibility to it. Because we talked before about North Korea sending some troops there, and in your estimation, they were there to get some you know, on the ground, real training, to the extent they end up with a shooting war with South Korea or something because most of their military has not been engaged and engaged in actual combat. But that the North Koreans that were there actually ended up firing upon and taking out some of the Russian troops. I hate to have to laugh at that, but I don't know if you saw that, or whether any credibility to that reporting.
Speaker 4: You know, you just have to take everything with a grain of salt, because especially in this war, there's so much intentional misinformation where various sides change things, they publish one video and claim it's something different, or even some things are doctored and manufactured in ai type of deal.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: I'll just tell you that it's very conceivable. It could be absolutely true as talked about. That it could also be misinformation by somebody on the Ukraine side who wants to just cast dispersions whatever.
Speaker 1: Honestly, either way, it makes no difference.
Speaker 4: Because there's such small numbers that we're talking about here, it's not going to be either help.
Speaker 1: Russia or hurt Russia.
Speaker 4: That's why I think that the most likely scenario is that the North Korea wants to gain experience for instroups.
Speaker 1: Because it's not.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's actually being inconvenient for Russia because they have this language problem. They have somebody who doesn't have combat experience, it's difficult to do command and control so it's a headache for the Russian side. It's not a help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a good opportunity for a journeyman apprentice program basically, no, right, yeah, yeah, you might want to rethink that program. Now. Is this use of these missiles and our provision of these missiles and our operation of these missiles in Russia and the concern we have is that these self defeating arrogance that you wanted to talk about, or is this are we pivoting over to something else?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was something else.
Speaker 4: That was That was because of a magazine, Foreign Affairs, what has been the premiere foreign policy magazine in America for decades. Mitch McConnell published this piece in there that said, basically that all of the world's problems are we don't have anything to do with them. They are all these bad guys in China, in North Korea and Iran, and certainly in Russia and and you know, in the Middle East a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Bunch of pizza.
Speaker 4: All these bad things that are happening are all just because we're too weak.
Speaker 1: We need to spend.
Speaker 4: Not just a lot more on defense, when you spend a lot more, and we need to forget about diplomacy.
Speaker 1: We need to go with hard power, et cetera.
Speaker 4: And I just just took that apart and said, this promisey first, and this diplomacy free foreign policy has.
Speaker 1: Been an absolute disaster for America.
Speaker 4: That has cost us in Iraq, Afghanistan, in Syria. It's been a disaster in Syria and Libya, et cetera, Africa, you name it. Everywhere we've tried this, it has been disastrous results and it is time to jettison that. But these guys want to double down on it, and I think it's a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if they want to double down on it, as we've talked many times before and others have observed, you better damn well have an endgame. You better dam will have a strategy. Why would you want to enter any given situation in conflict or war. You better know how to get from point A to point Z and what point Z is, and that point Z is a good place to be, and that you've got an effective strategy to get there. It always seems to me we're in these ready fire aim situations or it's just like will we go in and we're like, wait a second, why are we here again?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I'll tell you what worries me is that there may be an objective and it may be cash, because that is the one thing that you're right.
Speaker 1: It is strategy free.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say here will be the outcome, here is the method to get there, here's here's the means of getting it done. So you have an en state, a means, and a path to get there, none of that except that it all goes down to we need more defense money and a lot more.
Speaker 1: I mean, he emphasized a lot more, nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Billion dollars, way more than what is it like the next ten nations in a row, And he's saying that's not enough, and I'm saying, look, don't be stupid, because you're saying, we want to do things that have been demonstrably failed more. And then somehow he thinks that's going to end up with which he doesn't explain how it's gonna end up better for the United States, but that's what he's claiming. And that's that's why I'm so aggravated about it, because guys who serve in uniform like I did, are the bill payers for this, and that's one of the things I pointed out in that show there, that there have been tens of thousands of Americans killed and wounded in these absurd wars that most of which didn't even need to be fought.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 4: More killed in Moody six trillion that we fought in all these insurgent wars, you know, since the mid two thousands, and no talk about any of the cost to us for these failed policies.
Speaker 1: But I am, well, I'm glad you do, and I share your concern on that. And I tell you what, as a starting point, if we're gonna go down Minch McConnell's path, how about we start with a Pentagon and a defense spending that can pass an audit. Can we just start there? Can I give you an amen on that one?
Speaker 4: Yes, Daniel Davis, that's a good place to start. If you can't even tell me how you're using nine hundred billion.
Speaker 1: And now you want another one hundred billion, I mean, come on, man, As my dad used to say, I got two words for you, and they eate. Happy birthday, Daniel Davis, deep dive always a pleasure, my friend. We'll talk next to Actually, we will see you next time. Yeah, next time. It'll be next year. I'm off after Friday, the balance of the year, God bless you. Merry Christmas, I'm hoping, or an Happy New Year or hippie honegl whatever the hell you celebrate, Daniel, I hope it's a great celebration. I wish in early happy New Year, and we'll hit the ground running after the first. Same to you, my friend.
Speaker 10: Look a.
Speaker 1: Forty fifty five K see the talk station. Stick around. We're gonna be talking gastro health doctor Kevin Cronley on colon cancer. That'll be next to be right back