Speaker 1: Chanel nine first one to other forecasts. Has got a lot of rain going on today, heavy rain at times. It'll come in rounds. You're supposed to square sixty four for the high overnight little fifty nine with more showers and thunderstorms.
Speaker 2: Rains likely tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Heavy rain is expected tomorrow seventy for the high out of forty five overnight with showers continuing along with a few storms.
Speaker 2: Showers will finally.
Speaker 1: End on Sunday afternoon and the flood blotch ends on Sunday morning. Sundays high fifty two with to fifty three. Now it is time for traffic update.
Speaker 3: Chuck from the UCLP Tramping Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The UCE Health Orthophedix sand sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Northbound four seventy one. I'm seeing some very heavy tramping here Memorial Parkway. I'm gonna check and see if there's an accident there. Northbound seventy five continues slow out of Florence towards Donaldson. There's a wreck on Coal Rain at spring Grove and on five mile at Old five mile Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one if you've have KRCD talk station, A very Happy Friday made an extra special very Happy Friday. Welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show Man who I am a huge fan of and who will be Ohio's next governor, Vike Gramaswamy. Good to have you back on the program.
Speaker 2: It's good to be on. Man. How are you doing really well? Doing really well?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna recommend my listeners check out VIVEK for Ohio, viv e K for Ohio dot com. Uh, that's your early campaign web page. We can of course start working on. You know you'll be in advance of the primary when we finally get to it. And I know you're going to be speaking tonight to Lincoln Day Dinner Claarremont County GOP's having for you. But real quick here for those people are saying, well, wait a second, the governor race isn't for until twenty twenty six. We got twenty months ahead of that. I know there's a primary, but we're pretty far out. You your name is, and you are everywhere around Ohio. Why are you getting in advance of this so early I think I might know, but let my listeners know about.
Speaker 2: What's going on. Well what First of all, there's a few reasons for that. One is we have unprecedented unity in our Republican Party Ryan like we've never seen in an Ohio election cycle before. And I want us to take advantage of that unity to be able to actually push an agenda that lifts up all Ohioans. And I think that's going to require some ambition. And so that's the number one reason is we're united. Want the primary phase of this is effectively over. We're moving on to the general election, and I want to do to the general election in the next three months what we've already done to this primary, which is effectively to render the infighting moot and to focus on what we're actually going to do for Ohioans. The other reason, though, is that President Trump is doing something unique with the federal programs, which is he's sending a lot of them back to the states and to the people where they belong. Look at the Department of Education. He shut that down or started shutting it down. But the real answer is going to be on the shoulders of the states of how we fix the education policy for our kids. And so I do think a running start, a head start is really important here. I'm not just focused on winning the primary or winning the general. I'm focused on setting a governing agenda that we start when I take office with a running start, not a standing start, and I think it's really important for the success of our state.
Speaker 1: Very Trump asked that running start. He's been in a full on sprint since the elections or since he was sworn in. It's a pretty amazing thing to behold given the four year administration now in terms of the event, and I let's get the details on that. You're doing the Lincoln Day dinner speech. Actually, I'm going to be at the Warren County one next week where you're the keynote speaker, and I'll have an opportunity to speak in advance of you talking as well. I'm feelberty blessed to have been asked for the ask to attend that.
Speaker 2: Great great you know, we'll be the Clemont County Lincoln Day Dinner tonight with on a fourth night straight that we're doing sellout crowds across the state. And one of the things I'm trying to do, Ryan is also visit parts of the state that haven't traditionally been you know, the usual places where candidates go. We've gone in the last week through Irontend at the southern tip of our state, all the way the week before through Jefferson County, the eastern end of our state, to Preble County out in Mahoning County last night. And what I'm seeing is a level of energy we really haven't spent in certainly in our state, to the extent I've seen in a very long time. I think it's a positive thing for us. I think people are ready to not just move on from the Biden Kamala Harris era. Right we knew what we were running from last November. Now the question is what are we running too. And I think that this is a moment where we as a Republican Party have an opportunity to lead not just the sixty percent of the state that's with us, but the remainder of the state that might not realize they're with us too, as long as we can tell them how we're going to reform education in the state, how we're going to put more money in their pocket. One of the things I'm talking about is I travel a lot of the state is educating our people on a looming electricity crisis in our state. We have a major risk of shortages with the war on coal and natural gas across our region. At the same time, these AI data centers are moving into our state. Yeah, the AI data center boom is a good thing. It can be a good thing, but only if we provide baseload power generation. And see, these are issues that politicians and frankly both parties aren't really talking about or addressing enough. But if we educate our people and prepare them for what we're about to do, which is to really take Ohio into the future, then frankly, it's not just going to be the nearly thousand people in Mahoning Valley that showed up last night, or there are many more in Clermont County tonight. But it's also going to be all the people who want in the room, who are going to benefit from the policies that we actually implement. And that's what I'm most excited about right now.
Speaker 1: Isn't it interesting that artificial intelligence centers are actually launching interest in modular nuclear reactors. Finally, I've been screaming about this on the Morning Show for years. Listen, you don't build three mile island towers anymore. These are small. They're at one size fits all all. They smitten fit in a very small footprints, so you're not using up in gobs of space. They produce massive quantities of electricities that can run entire cities and artificial intelligence data centers, and they're comparatively easy to build. The only stating things standing in the way of those being built right now is ourselves. We are our own worst enemy.
Speaker 2: You nailed it. It's actually this week that I unveiled it in several of the speeches across the state. That is how we power our electric grid for the future. In the short term, to making sure we use fossil fuels, coal, natural gas an important part of providing energy and the power for our electric grid. But in the long run, I want Ohio to be the state that isn't playing from behind. I want a high to be the state that leads the way in small modular nuclear reactors. This is the way of the future. This is the way that we can use this AI data center boom as an opportunity to make sure that we're powered for the next century. That Ohio is leading the way in energy dominant for the entire twenty first and likely twenty second century and beyond. It's just red tape that gets in the way. I mean. The beauty of small modular nuclear reactors is that they're smaller as the name suggests, they're self contained, that takes care of the wasteissue, and they can be actually tailored and fit for purpose. So imagine a future in our state when you have clusters and regions of our state worth multiple different AI data centers, but all populated and powered in that same region by the same small modular nuclear reactor or a series of them. That's what the energy grid of the future looks like. That's really what the Ohio of the future looks like, and that allows us not to have to fear rotating power outages, which is where we would be headed right now without a solution, but instead to be a state that the energy dominant and even exporting energy to other states in our regions. So that's where I want to lead our state, and I see an opportunity because you think about it, Brian, we were the state that led the first Industrial Revolution, that was Ohio. We've always been the pioneers the explorers, the unafraid. My hometown of Cincinnati, as you well know, was known around the world as the Queen City, the consumer products capital of the world, just as Toledo lead and glass, Akron and rubber Youngstown where I was last night, led the way and steel. We've been the leaders of the nation, right and I think that we got to get out of this mindset where somehow this is just part of the rust belt whose best days are behind us. No far from it. We're going to lead Ohio to our future. It's our best days are still ahead. If Silicon Valley led the way in the American economy for the last ten years, I'm here to make sure it is the Ohio River Valley for the next ten years. And it's going to be not just the sectors of the past, but also the sectors of the future, including small modular nuclear reactors, including semiconductor production, including the areas that are going to power the American economy. And so yes, are we on the cusp of a golden age in America? I think we are. I think we can be. But I think it's going to be Ohio. And it ought to be Ohio rather than Florida. Or Texas that leads away from the center of the country, from the heart of the country. We have every God given gift we could want to do it, from fertile farmland to great natural resources. All we need to do is to actually believe in ourselves to actually do it. And that's the job of a governor. The job of a good leader is to revive our conviction in our state, to frankly market our state effectively to the rest of the country so we can have people moving in rather than moving out. And that's exactly what I'm going to do as the next leader of this state. I'm looking forward to getting started. Of course, we've got to win this election to do it, but I think that that energy is part of why we've had I don't think we've seen endorsements like this that are that one sided in our state for the history of our gubernatorial elections. And I'm grateful for that, and I want to use that unity in our party to supercharge us forward. Well, we certainly can use that unity. Your message comes through loud and clear, Your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear. And if there's one person that I am certain that could herd the cats in Columbus that have been the Republican party of the past decade or more. I think it's you.
Speaker 1: You can get it done and get everybody plan on the same page and making Ohio an energy leader. That is one fantastic way of doing it. It would be less expensive for us to charge and heat and air condition our homes, less expensive for business. Was would be a real magnet. And then maybe we could do something like eliminate the income tax, right and you know go, yeah, there you go. Well, I'll tell you what I got to ask you this for. I know we're going to part company right now. I gotta let you go, Bud. They're talking about six hundred million dollars to go to the Cleveland Browns to help them build some sort of stupid two point seven billion dollar mega complex. I'm against taxpayer dollars for stadium facilities. We've got so many other demands that have been placed upon Ohio taxpayers real quick. Can you chime in on the that conceptually, if not specifically, on that allocation to the extent it goes through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, that one's going to be resolved long before I take office. Bought a principle, right, They brought a principle. Is where am I focused, Brian. I want to take the income tax down to zero. I want to eliminate the income tax in our state. I want to put a cap on property taxes in our state because they've gotten insanely high. It's your money, not the governments. It is your land, not the governments. And those are the principles we need to restore if this is a state that people move into instead of out of. Right now, we're chasing a lot of people out of our state. We have more people moving out than in. I'm going to reverse that. We're going to become a magnet. Right now, Florida is number one, Texas is number two. Ohio is number thirty eight for moving in versus out. By the time I'm done, I want us to be number one. I want the rate of growth in our state to be the top in the country. And the way we're going to do it is by time tested principles of allowing people to keep the money that you earn. It's not too much to ask. That's who we are as. Ohio wants to reward hard work, to reward meritocracy, to reward capitalism. I think true capitalism. I'm talking about state sponsored or crony capitalism. You're talking about true capitalism. That's what I stand for. And you know, I'll tell you this is I'm grateful that that's the message that so many have been able to rally around. The day A launched this campaign, I was honored to get President Trump's endorsement, and since then it's only been you know, all of the Congressmen who have endorsed both chambers of the Republicans in both the House and the Senate, and the state and all the way up and down. We are united. We're ready for this mission. We're ready to lead Ohio to our future, to a population boom, to an economic boom of a kind that we haven't seen since the first Industrial Revolution, to a revival of educational achievement in our state. And yes, Brian, that is achievable if we have a governor who rolls up the sleeves and focuses on it. And all we're going to have to do is bring that level of energy to the leadership of our state. And I do think it's going to require a new generation of leaders. And you know what, I think it time to turn the page on the future, building on the foundations of the past. I'm not going to criticize my predecessors at all, to the contrary to compliment them for their accomplishments. But I'm going to build on that foundation to lead our state to our future. And that's coming up as soon as we win this election.
Speaker 1: And I'm certain you will THEVEC four Ohio dot com where you can find his website help out and I look forward to seeinging next Thursday at the Lincoln Rank and Dinner in Warren County. Enjoy the evening tonight, and I'll look forward to having you back in the morning show really soon. Keep up the great work, my friend. YouTube moment Take Care seven four fifty five KR see the talk station. Get us a plump type plumbing plumbing done right? Yes, James own a plump type Plumbing's got the best crew of obviously licensed plumbers around and I do really appreciate the work today've done. They've gotten me out of jams over the years, including the raining chandelier problem, the recently slow leaking where in the hell is that water coming from toilet problem? Uh, and the installation of a gas line from my whole house generator. I could just go on and on and on. Plump tights mission is provide you and every customer with a truly exceptional plumbing experience, and they accomplish this by delivering the highest quality products, services, and customer relations in the industry, all at affordable and fair prices. They're great at what they do. Exceptional customer service. You can count on that for my friends at plump Tight Plumbing. To scheduled appointment, it's easy to do. Go to the website plumtight dot com, tight spelled t I te plump tight dot com, or just give them a call and please tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you make that phone call five one three seven two seven tight, that's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC. As men get older,