Speaker 1: Dot Org.
Speaker 2: KCAA is your CNBC News affiliate where the station that gets down to business.
Speaker 3: The views and opinions expressed by individuals on the following program do not necessarily reflect those of the network, Guys Guy Radio and its platforms.
Speaker 4: It's Guys Guy Radio.
Speaker 3: Here's your host, Robert Manny.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Guys Guys Radio. This is your host, Robert Manny, welcoming you to the place where men and women can be at their best and everyone wins. Guys Guys Radio, We're here to inform you, inspire you, empower you, and get you to think, feel, and who knows, maybe even act by virtue of the journeys, stories, experiences and insights of the guests I bring you each and every week to the show, and once again this week is no exception. Today we're going to talk about the new rules of attraction for those who are dating and over fifty years old. You know, if you're over fifty and single, you've probably heard plenty of dating advice. Download the apps, write a better profile, be authentic, don't settle all good advice. But today we're taking a different approach. Instead of focusing on how to date, we're going to talk about how dating itself is changing, what does attraction really look like today, Why are couples choosing to live apart while staying deeply committed, how do you balance independence with intimacy, And perhaps the biggest quest of all, what does a successful relationship look like at this stage of life when you're over fifty? Joining us once again is going to be one of my favorite return guests. Silka Schwartzkov, Founder and host of Second activ a media platform dedicated to helping people thrive in the second half of life. Silka has become a trusted voice on topics ranging from relationships and wellness to reinvention and longevity, and she always brings a fresh mix of wisdom, curiosity, and common sense to the conversation. Today, we're going to leave behind the tired dating cliches and explore what's really happening for mature singles in today's world. Whether you're actively dating, happily partnered, or simply curious about the evolving dating landscape and modern relationships, I think you'll find plenty of useful takeaways. So settle in because we're about to have a lively conversation about love, connection, and creating relationships that truly fit the life you've built.
Speaker 5: It's guys guy Radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, guys Radio. It is the interview portion of our show. And I am delighted to welcome back our friend, Soka Schwarzkoff. She is the creator and host of the wildly successful Second Act TV YouTube program that is just a runaway sensation. And I'm fortunate enough to be a frequent guest on the show and because of that, I got my own Second Act merch year, got my Second Act TV mug.
Speaker 6: Yes, thanks calling, Thank you, Robert, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: Silka, Thank you.
Speaker 6: It's always fun talking with you, and I like being on this side.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, you have spoken to and kind of picked the brains of so many dating experts male, female and other people, and kind of the over fifty wellness field, if you will. That I thought it would be great to bring you back and we get into dating after fifty, but a fresh angle, which is kind of since everything's changed. And I was talking to my wife yesterday, I said, you know, I'm going to be talking with Silka about dating over fifty. What's your take on that. My wife's over fifty now and she said, you know what, I'm I can imagine it must be really tough now because I'm so out of that mind space, but with everything's so complicated now, so I thought we'd frame this as the new rules for dating after fifty.
Speaker 6: So I think that's true. I think that's terrific. I think that you know, Uni is right. It does seem overwhelming, but it's more overwhelming the longer you've been away from it, and you know, if you're just starting, it gets easier and easier once you just understand, you know, the world, the new new dating world. So that's that's what the channel does.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's well have convo on this and do you tell me what you think and what some of the experts that you've interviewed have told you. And I'll share what I've heard from some of the experts that I've interviewed, and also my own practical experience as a guys guy on this whole thing, and from my experience and appearances on Second Act TV. So let's start right at the top. New rules of attraction for twenty twenty six, like what people over fifty are finding attractive today versus ten years ago. And we've both been doing this about that time. What do you think? What's your What comes to mind first when you hear how attraction has changed for people over fifty now versus ten years ago.
Speaker 6: Well, I think one thing we've learned is that chemistry isn't the most important thing. And while I say that, let me just really make that clear. Chemistry is extremely important. That I mean, you have to have chemistry. However, chemistry isn't what keeps a relationship together. And I think after fifty, because we have had we're older, we're older, we have had more experience. We may not be wiser, but we've had a lot more experience, and we realize that relationships that start strong with chemistry can easily end in divorce and have So I think that would were becoming more conscious of that. And we discussed that, you know on the show a lot too. And I think another overarching topic would be chemistry or just the whole attraction to excitement, you know, is we've learned that excitement is not always guiding principle of a relationship, that we really appreciate peace and believe it or not, A lot of men express that. So I think those are maybe some of the bigger, The bigger areas fascinating.
Speaker 4: Well, let's follow up on that. So you think emotional maturity has become the new chemistry.
Speaker 6: No, I won't say it's a new one. I think that we I think chemistry. And the reason I say this, Robert, is because we are still you know, the visual is the first impression, especially especially for men. Women are a little bit more open to understanding that that isn't everything. So I don't want to just underline, you know, emotional maturity is the new chemistry. I want to clearly differentiate that that's what keeps a relationship together. And if we understood that from the start, we may give somebody who who are not like you know, we don't have the butterflies going, we might give them more of a chance because we realize that's how real, lasting chemistry develops.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense, It makes perfect sense. You know, when I think back in high school and college and when we're dating and stuff, and even after that, when I was in New York City in the marketing and advertising business, I never thought that status was the ultimate decider in terms of dating. But now it seems like there's a whole eighty twenty thing where you know, eighty percent of the women are after twenty percent of the guys who were super successful. It seems from a distance that seems to be the case now more than ever. It didn't seem to be as important. Status didn't seem to be quite the differentiator or driver then than it is now. It's like you, it's not about having a dream, it's having your dream fulfilled. Do you think that nowadays and for people over fifty, that confidence is a form of status now or is it still all about money and power and position.
Speaker 6: Okay, so first of all, I would agree with you that even when I was younger that yes, it's part of it. I mean, you don't want a day to lose or a man or woman or whatever that meant at the time. But I think it's largely superficial. It really is largely superficial unless it somehow displays confirms whatever you know, that you've accomplished something in life. I think that's more. Maybe that's where the difference is between younger and now older. That if the the the cars, the whatever, you know, the vacations, the houses, it means that you have accomplished something. You're not guessing that you know whether or not you can. Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 4: I mean? The accomplishment is one thing. But having those toys, if you will, whether it's the home or the car, or the ability to travel or are they after fifty? Now, do you think those are more important than kindness and compatibility?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not? No, No, I mean I can say that absolutely not, because we also realize that doesn't make a relationship. You know, it doesn't. The toys mean nothing to a relationship. I lets say the other kind of toys, but not the car, nothing like folks.
Speaker 4: How about authenticity then? Do you think then in the same kind of area we're talking about, has authenticity replaced perfection? Then? So it's not all about your achievements and your position and your wallet, but being real. You think that's something that people that you've talked to for the over fifty crowd find really attractive nowadays.
Speaker 6: You know what I find super interesting one about the question, and two about what I'm starting to read and hear is that you know, the vulnerability is now a big you know, everybody more vulnerable meaning authentic, show the real you da da da. And what happens sometimes is that being more authentic almost becomes a show of its own because it's been so pushed in our faces. So it's really super important that you actually are authentic and not falling into another trap of pretending you are. Does that make sense? I mean I thought that was so interesting when somebody pointed that out to me. I mean, that makes total sense to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think authenticity is super important, and I think nowadays people are still over fifty two concerned about what other people think of them instead of just being themselves. They're always filtering in how do I answer this? And I guess when you're meeting for somebody, a potential partner for the first time, you want to you want to say the right thing, and you don't want to get that X You know, you don't want to get the X mark right off the bat, so you're going to be careful about that. But to me, ultimately, it's all about authenticity. It's all about being who you are and not trying to be somebody you're not, particularly for folks over fifty because who has time to play, you know, charades at that point. I can see maybe when you're younger a little bit, you want to you want to play the game a little bit differently, but I think for folks over fifty, you want to you don't want to waste time. There is a clock. It's not ticking that loudly for some people, but it's it's ticking, and you don't want to waste your time. So I think authenticity like, you want to get to who this person really is and ultimately how do you feel when you are around them? And you can't get to how do you feel when you're around them unless you know who they are?
Speaker 6: No, one hundred percent agree with you. That's why I thought this one thought leader that brought us up was so interesting because we do realize how important it is, and now we have to really pay attention to showing who we are. This is who we are, we're not and got that this is I know it almost sounds jue now, but even at this age, and again when you're starting over it's been a long time, you do think about, you know, how what does he or she want?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: How should I? But you can't help but think that, and that's when you that's what It's more important than ever to show who you are and balance that with not over sharing or showing who you are. Maybe too soon or certain areas and that becomes a whole other conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, my special guest on Guys Guys Radio is the one and only Silka Sports Cup of the runaway hit Second Act TV all over YouTube. Make sure you subscribe and make sure you catch me as a frequent guest on Sulkis Show and get your merch too. Here we go, So let's move to another topic, which I because you explore a lot of real niche topics on Second ACTV in terms of relationships. That a lot of times with the women guests, and it's really fascinating for me as a guy to see them, Like there's these new concepts like lat living apart together the relationship trend. Nobody saw coming couples committed to one another while maintaining separate homes or separate bedrooms, or separate beds or a lot of separation. Talk to us about that and why it's becomes so important, particularly for folks over fifty.
Speaker 6: Well, because we both have lives. You know, chances are that when you meet after fifty, you both have a very established existence already. You know, you either have a house, you have children, you have maybe you're still working, maybe you're not, but you're you're likely entrenched somewhere that you don't really want to leave. You know. The best example of that was the Golden Bachelor thing. I mean, I won't get off on that tangent, but that was the perfect demonstration that you really have to think about, Okay, if we're going to couple up, what does that mean to our daily to our daily living. And a lot of us have figured out that it's okay to have a committed long term relationship and not give up what you've already established. But you go back and forth whatever that means. And that might sound weird, but I have Paul and I actually did that for like ten years. You know. It wasn't like a conscious decision, it was it just happened that way. We met, we lived an hour apart, and it just went on for ten years like that, And I think that that is what kept us together actually, quite frankly, you know, we're fifteen years now, we've been living together. But it is a different adjustment. There is a lot that you know, there's a lot of compromise, and you don't necessarily have to do that from the start when there might be so many things that you compromise about. So, yeah, LAT has become LAT has become almost not common terminology perhaps, but yeah, something that is very beneficial, especially to the older people like Ushska.
Speaker 4: Do you find that this is happening with couples that are already together and even married couples that they're finding way they're using LAT to make to strengthen the relationship by creating a space for more personal freedom and just realizing that, hey, we're mature, we're together, but we don't have to be physically together all the time. I mean, I'm personally old school. I didn't get married until I was in my early fifties. But then when I got married, I want to sleep in the same bed as my wife. I don't get a king bed. Then you don't have to be hear me all the time. But I know a lot of people they have separate bedrooms, separate beds and all that stuff. And then you know, the more you separate, it becomes your You know, there's a lot of separation and maybe the separation over arches the togetherness. So it's a slippery slope there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a slippery slope. And here's where, yes, there's a big distinction in my opinion, going into it like like Paul and I did you know, we met and you know, we started spending more time together, but it was commuting to each other. There's places and then you know, I mean, it's going that way if you're married or you're already established a relationship together. I think, and I've heard this, this comes up a lot in lat discussions. That's a tough one to manage because there is something wrong at that point. In my opinion, you are dealing with rescuing perhaps a relationship instead of just saying, you know what, we're just sick of each other. And maybe it can, but I think one person's going to want it more than the other. And I think that is indicative of you know something more. You're dealing with with something that's wrong, not creating something that's right for both of you.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, how about this whole notion. And I don't know if it's an over fifty crowd thing, but this whole lot you get this whole pass. I mean, I think it's a younger thing where yeah, you can go if you meet somebody very special, you can you can have a sexual relationship with them. Maybe it's just a one time or thing. But that's okay. But I don't know, I don't think that's going to help. I don't see how that helps the relationship if I know, like my wife's out there getting it from somebody else, like, yeah, I feel so much better about our relationship. Now I don't. I don't see.
Speaker 6: No that. I think that's that's BS all the way around, including for the younger crowd. Now I get it. There's you know, people have there's all kinds of alternative relationships, and it works for some people. Absolutely. You know, I'm not speaking for everybody here by by any means, but I do believe I'm speaking for the majority because it's just it's just, you know, if you're together, if you're supposed to be together, you love each other, you're in a committed relationship. That sort of play it just causes concern and cause, I mean, it does no, it doesn't. It does not help, and it is in my opinion, it's it's total BS. Now I have to say something else. I don't know if you want to go or not. It's actually a segment that I'm thinking about doing. I think it's important that will be very controversial is if you are if your husband, your spouse, your significant other is becoming it like impaired, like with Alzheimer's or you know, to where the mind just isn't there and you're married, is it okay? Two? You know, to establish a new relationship just to save your own sanity. And there's there's a lot of discussion about that that is super super interesting, and I think I want to explore that at some point. So that's where But that's typically you know, for this is really an older person's discussion, and that doesn't apply to the undercrowd.
Speaker 4: It could it could be you know, flipped around also like oh my my wife became paralyzed or something. Can I go have sex with somebody else and I'll still take care of her? Right? So it can work both ways.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it can absolutely work with male and female and with with the paralyzing. And that's I know, this is why work gets so controversial because to me, it's if the mind isn't there, then you don't have that person anymore, you know, physical disability where you know, we're getting off on another subject, but I may want to, but it's interesting, it's super super interesting, Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's switch gears again and go to like Guys Guys Radio. Let's talk about the new masculinity meets the new feminine. How men and women over fifty are redefining relationships. So why do you think, why are many traditional dating expectations they don't fit anymore when you're over fifty. And what modern women really appreciate about guys now versus in the past where there was certain expectations. You know, how our culture gives us narratives and over time those narratives change. What's your sense from what you hear in terms of is there a new masculinity with women being self sufficient?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: They can take care, they can sustain, they can take care of themselves, they don't necessarily have to rely on the guy. There's so many more women in management positions. I mean, women are getting long overdue recognition, but it's just starting. It's going to be more and more. And guys are going to school. The younger guys are going to school college in all less than the women. How does that affect the over fifty crowd or they are the male and female roles being redefined the same way they kind of are for the younger crowd.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, yes and no. Here here's what I find interesting in what I've gathered from conversations not just with people our age, but yes, the experts on the show, one of which being John Gray, who is highly has become highly controversial because you know, men of from was women are from venus. The fact is that, yes, women have needed the have earned. As you say, the recognitions was a long time in coming. Yes. What it's also done is really put stress on relationships and you know, with what maturel you bring to the relationship. Like like from my personal opinion, of course, men and women are different. We're feminine, you know, we have a vagina and men are masculine, they have a I mean, we're different, and the hormones associated with that affect each other differently. One isn't better than the other, but there are certain roles that still compliment each other in the you know, in a heterosexual relationship. And that's I think where the where the issue start is how what kind of maturity do you bring you know to that is it oh no women or not? How can you say that you know women are different men blah blah blah. See that's that's the power play it's acknowledging really what we bring to each other. And having said that, I think women though, what I found, like women like myself and a lot of my colleagues and peers, we want a confident man. We want a man who is you know, who's in charge. I mean, that's part of being a woman. That doesn't mean it's overpowering or controlling, but yeah, we want a strong man, most of us. Again, I'm not talking for everyone.
Speaker 4: So when you say that, you mean confident, not arrogant, and that marge meaning capable, not really like domineering, right.
Speaker 6: Exactly Exactly.
Speaker 4: You don't want somebody like making all the decisions for you, but you want to know that, hey, I can rely this guy can take care of your stuff.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: There's a fine line.
Speaker 6: There, exactly, because what's happening with what women have brought to the table by doing everything, the man just kind of sits back and gets too comfortable and not doing what maybe perhaps they should be should in quotes, and then the woman gets tired of them because he's gotten to be a bore. I mean those as I mean. I'm saying this very crass, perhaps, but that's ultimately what's happening. You're creating a person I'm talking about women. Now, you're creating a man that you don't want because of this. And I'm a big I've done that. I've done to where I just you know, bring the what I brought from my career my work space home and you know, next thing, I know, I've got a couch potato that I want to be with. So I think there's a lot, there's a lot of deep discussions that are associated, you know, with that particular topic. I think it ultimately boils down to is that we are both strong people. We both bring really strong things to the table, and we need to respect each other, you know, and enjoy the feminine qualities and the masculine qualities without overpowering each other. I hope that makes sense and didn't offend to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know, when we get into the topic like the definitions with a man, a man is this, and a woman is that? And what is a man and what is a woman? And guys have babies and stuff like that, you get into the I've seen people in Congress arguing about, you know, can a man have a baby or not, and they get into they go deep on it.
Speaker 7: And it.
Speaker 4: But this is the cult. All I'm saying is I'm not judging. I'm saying this is the culture who are living in. So my curiosity is about for the over fifty crowd and the experts that you've spoken to, how are how is the over fifty crowd factoring that into their relationships or are they pushing at arms length and saying, no, I want the guy to be the traditional guy. It's it's just easier. I don't want to change everything at this stage of the game. Or is it a welcome thing. Yeah, it's nice that he's showing his feminine side because men have a feminine side and women have a masculine side, and the patriarchy has been running things for like a long, long, long long time, and the matriarchy is bound to be taking over soon because just just the you know, the yin and yang of the world. So how boiling that down to just dating after fifty? What's the net takeaway in terms of this kind of redefinition of male and females who they are, what they are, and what they for, what they bring to the table in a relationship. Is that something that's creating confusion or is it becoming more and more clear where the over fifty women say, No, I want a guy to be like a guy, but I don't want him to be arrogant. I want him to be confident. I want him to pay the first check on the first pay the check on the first date. I want him to initiate action, come up with ideas or is it no, No, I welcome the new guy. I want to be the dominant one.
Speaker 6: I think, like, yeah, it's personal preference, really, and I'm not sure that we put that much thought into it. I think it like it just kind of happens. And that's where the awareness becomes important. Like am I overpowering and am I hurting this relationship? You know? Or maybe I'm not encouraged. I'm not accepting of a man showing his emotions or that's not a whole other you know, big topic. Women. Oh no, I want you to be emotional, you know, And then the minute he is, that's really not what I want there, Well.
Speaker 4: Talk to us about that. Let's let's go there right now, because what that's tricky because a lot of this stuff we're talking about is the one who's in the crosshairs is the guys, the guys are not sure, you know, can I kiss her? Or do I have to like sign a contract? How do what is expected of the guy? She makes more money than me. Now she's in charge of an organization. I'm not maybe I got laid off or whatever, but the whole everything's kind of gun flipped upside down for a lot of men, and they're not sure about, Okay, what do I do. I don't want to I don't want to do the wrong thing. I want to do the right thing, but I want to be a guy. And it's just it's challenging for men nowadays. And I'm not saying, you know, men are week and they can't handle it. I just I always say, just be yourself. Just be yourself and do the right thing, Be respectful, be fun, come up with ideas, and don't worry about all of that stuff. Just just be a gentleman.
Speaker 6: And that's good advice. And when you say you know, I mean what what certainly isn't acceptable anymore is cat calling and slapping her on the ass and down the street. I mean, those kinds of those days are gone, or or even just you know in a bar, you know, the overpowering lines that men have expectations they brought. It's very insulting, very insulting, and always has been to me. I never put up with that anyway, but a lot of women have had to put up with it, and I'm glad those days are gone. What because of the again, how far swant swung swung to the other side? Is now where men are confused? You know, am I if I kiss? Or am I doing something? I think that's where it gets. You know, you want a confident man and a woman has to help. I mean there are signals you know that that she's interested that you can absolutely read, and we have videos about that. Yeah I know, I know. And then but then just yeah, you're right, let's not just be respectful. If the mood drive and if you get that, if you feel that, no, then stop. I mean, it's we make it. I think we over complicate it, and partially because of shows like mine, because we talk a lot, we address this topic, and then while we talk about it, it does become complicated and you do become confused. So to your the way you close the question or state to just be respectful is probably the best rule really to go by. I don't know if I answer your question absolutely.
Speaker 4: I want to keep going on that because something came up there where I was talking to a guy and he's just turning fifty and he was dating somebody new and she'd been kind of out of dating for a while, and I think she had some physical challenges also when he wanted to, you know, get going with the sexual part of the relationship, and I think he was, you know, pushing her a little bit, I don't mean physically, and he was a little bit frustrated. And then things happened and everything worked out, and I said to him, I said, you know what, don't never just the woman will let you know. You never have to. It's going to happen when it's going to happen, and you will get the signal and just wait and have a good time, enjoy yourself, get to know the person. Believe me, every woman knows that you're you're interested in and you know what, and they'll let you know when it's okay. I give the example like I was dating this gal. She was hot, and I was like, I really want to have some fun here, and I figured I'll just forget about it. So came over my place down the Jersey Shore, on a Saturday. I took her to a little local parade Fourth of July parade. We went back to my place. All of a sudden, she was all over me. It was just because it was just a nice, original, authentic thing to do. I I wasn't I wasn't trying to seduce her by taking it to a parade. But for some reason, click that that was something that turned her on. I guess or it is just like, okay, I'm down here now for whatever. But it's like it's it's the point is if you're a guy, even if you're over fifty, don't if you can't figure out the woman wants the same thing you want. But this you have to go about it. You have to be cool.
Speaker 6: Well okay, so I'm going to agree with you and not just not complete or I want to clarify. It's funny because we just just released a video with Trevor about that. It's you know, we're kissing now what? And it's the most Julnile really premise for a discussion, and it's just blowing up on YouTube. We're just getting hundreds of comments on it because so many people see themselves in that in that position and The way that came up was a viewer suggestion was a woman she goes, you know, I've been dating this guy now for for two months. I really like him. You know, we hold hands, we do this, we do that. But like, how what now he's not making a move? Should I say that? Should I tell that's not you know, should I assume he's not interested? You know? What? Do I do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: And then so we based it on that, and then we got tons of comments with the same thing that men maybe aren't reading the signals. And I don't know where the answer is other than again to raise that awareness, you know, what women can do and what men maybe should see or shouldn't see. Maybe there is too much caution. I don't know, but it's super, super interesting and apparently helpful or cautious topic. We're calling it the gray zone between dating, you know, and getting busy.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it, And it just shows you even people over fifty or over forty five or whatever, because I know Trevor's market is a little bit more elastic than ours, but they still struggle with that. And I think maybe a lot of guys are backing off saying I don't want to I don't want to be accused of anything. So I'm not going to do anything until she makes a move, which I think is a mistake. Frankly, I think if you're just cool about it and you're respectful and you pay attention, guys, you know, you pay attention.
Speaker 6: If I can up to just for a second before I forget, because you said in the first the first time you asked me that to you, you know, just be cool. And I know what that means from you, but that means a lot.
Speaker 4: I don't mean cool like aloof.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's why I brought it up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, relax, yeah, and that's.
Speaker 6: Why that's why men do misinterpret it. That's why women, you know, what does that mean? Because we do advise that, and what does that mean because you do you know, maybe it's maybe you're being too drum but too cool and apparently there's a lot to this. I mean, I was surprised. I know this would be a good video. I didn't realize it was going to just stir up all these memories and all these comments that were you know, deep comments. You should look at them.
Speaker 4: I want to. I want to get into that Silka Schwartzkoff my special guest on this week's Guys Guys Raiders back on the show, great information. I want to follow up on what we were just talking about, that kind of gray zone, if it's okay with you, because this one, you know this, you're talking about this one guy and the woman. He wasn't any moves and a woman was like, he holds hands. But that's it? Is that an isolated case that from what you've heard, is that is that a thing now that the guys are like not making moves and the women have to kind of like hey, or rub their shoulders or whatever to like be more overt in terms of the like it's okay, here's the go you know, here's the green light.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm well, and we start the interview like that. The woman. Another thing she brought up in her comment was, you know, I love your channel, watch it all the time, but you know, like most channels out there where you guys talk about it, you talk a lot about dating, what to do, what not to do, and then you talk about sex. You get great information about sex after fifteen, all the issues with it and blah blah blah blah, but nobody talks about the in between. How do you get from having that attraction wanting you know, to hear and then you know, then she gave me the example of what she's going through and I told HERU about that. She goes, that's a great topic because I'm going through that right now with a man I'm helping. But she goes, yeah, let's do let's do it. And then the response, yes, this is a big, a big issue. Also. One one thing that comes into that Robert is for after fifty that meets I don't know if it's more or less complicated, but where like where do you have that hot kiss the first time? Do you make out of the car? Like teenagers? You know, when do you you were talking about inviting the woman you were dating, you know, to parade and then they're like, at what point do you do that? Does that imply you are going to sleep together? You know? But again it's like where where do you do it? If you have do it and you have maybe children at home, maybe you ever root me a lot more complications logistics, Yeah, the logistics do complicated and make it awkward unless you're willing to talk about it. And this is difficult to talk about for a lot of people. Where the signals become even more important.
Speaker 4: Wow, so much to consider. Where can I have my first hot kiss? So I got to figure that out out now too. I think it just has to be organic, like you know, you both know you lock eyes and if it's there, it's there. But people can misread that situation so at any age, So that's tricky. Let's what I thought we'd do. It might be fun. Is I want to get into like a lightning round with you? A silka on this, I'm I don't fire Q and a let's try it. So one the biggest dating myth people over fifty still believe, from what you've heard and from what you think and from what you've learned.
Speaker 6: Well, that we're too old. They can't find love after fifty. That is just it's futile. And you know, why do it? I mean that that probably is one of the myths that we that we talk about that we don't think it's going to happen. And that is the huge myth, because you can find somebody after fifty and have best relationship, the best sex of your life.
Speaker 4: Oh great, I love it. What we were just talking about, the one green flag that everyone should look for, particularly for the guys.
Speaker 6: Particularly for the guys, I guess just being emotionally available really for both people. It's another buzzword, emotional you know what does that mean? But being warm, being yeah, available, that you really are available for a relationship. That's the biggest green flag. That you're not bringing a bunch of drama to the table or a bunch of baggage another whole other topic. But yeah, that you're emotionally available.
Speaker 4: Well, let me drill down a little bit deeper on that. So the green flag in terms of you mentioned the guy and he wasn't doing anything, So maybe he was looking for a sign and he wasn't getting it in his mind's eye, but it was there.
Speaker 6: So what I have the buzzword? I have the buzzword emotional safety. That's what everybody's talking about, that both men and women need to feel emotionally safe that when they do, you're you're off to the races.
Speaker 4: And so what's the signal that the guy should look for to know that the women it's like, come on, buddy, give me a kiss. I put it that way instead of emotional safety, like what's the what's the green flag? Well, if she checkered flag.
Speaker 6: Or what gosh, I mean there there's not a it's not a blacken with the checker. It's not a black and white answer.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: I mean, for example, if you want to give them a strong signal, I mean, can you lean in, touch his arm, you know, maybe even take his face? I mean you can, you can do some physical overtures. That that all that can't be miss red.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Texting versus phone calls a lot of obviously the younger generation when you're doing match and will the other online. Uh, everything's you know, swiping left and right and it's very fast. But the old fashioned phone call is is that something that could help build a relationship? I like to personally when I was dating, I want to hear the other person's voice.
Speaker 6: Oh, absolutely no. That you need to get off text as soon as possible. Us you you physically meet, and you know, a calling or hearing their voice and having a real conversation is key because that's also where the scamming and all that comes in. You know, are you really even talking you know, to the person you think you're talking with. So that's it's so important, so important, you know, I personally, when I first started dating, I had. I was dating a guy liked I liked him, and but he would I mean, he would text me through the night and they were like really engaging. And second I mean I was like, well, yeah, I can't wait to get and in person it was just totally different. I mean, text texture before planning the day to meet you here, you know, hey, good night. I had fun, but.
Speaker 4: Not for getting to getting to know somebody else in the right way. Okay, what's one dating trend that you hope disappears for, particularly for folks over fifty.
Speaker 6: A dating trend? Well, we talk about trends or you know, bad behave I hope that what online dating has created, like the you know, the ghosting and then we know all the buzzwords that and people are recognizing that that's just it's horrible when it's done, especially when you experience it yourself. So I'm hoping that that that you know, the bad dating behavior which is really fueled by online dating, that that subsides that we're starting to learn our lesson there.
Speaker 4: Okay, after fifty, can opposites really attract or is that something for the younger crowd where you're dating so many different people? Hopefully when you're younger, you're getting around and at least meeting a lot of people, and like, sometimes the opposite thing is like, oh he's quirky. You know, you're in finance, he's a painter and he's struggling, and you're making a lot of money, and like, okay, that's okay. But then when you're over fifty, well maybe from a different standpoint, that's a good fit also. But it also could be well, he's got no money and I've got a big house and I don't know if that's going to work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that is also I think a personal thing for the my again my personal opinion. I think opposites absolutely attract and can make something very exciting and fun. I don't think that it keeps you together. I think you're more likely I mean some I think being having a genuine connection means sharing a lot of the same opinions or values and that sort of thing. So if you're you know, interesting chang if your interests don't have to be the same, you do not have to have the same. But I think value based stuff, yeah, that's where opposites sometimes do not keep you together, all right.
Speaker 4: The last one, there's a lot of folks who are professionals, they're over fifty, they've had a career. They may still be working, they may not, but a lot of them are if they're successful. What's the biggest mistake that the professionals make when they're.
Speaker 6: Dating, well, just not being available to date, not being available. That you have to decide is you know, do I have time for someone in my life? Because like you said earlier, said, you know, we don't have that much time to waste. So if you're dating, what do you want out of that? Do you really want a relationship? Do you have room for a relationship? That's I think the biggest.
Speaker 7: The biggest thing.
Speaker 4: Do you think people from what you've heard, are people actually taking the time? I always say, before you get back out in the dating game and the dating world and dating environment, you need to take a step back and kind of be a little circumspect. What do I want? What do I have to offer? Am I attracting the same type of person who ultimately isn't right for me? Like take that time before going back out there.
Speaker 6: Do you notice that something absolutely absolutely we just did a video on it. I'm going to edit at this afternoon. Is like the like three traits that absolutely will get you, you know, a date or anyway that is. It's huge and people some people do, some people don't. And then there's also things like when you talk about what you want that that becomes a whole discussion also, But yes, you have to be you have to look look aside. You know, what is it am I bringing to the table? What I want you to bring to the table? You know, are we two people who can grow together? Or do I have expectations that I can't meet myself?
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, Soka. Incredible insights and information As always, what's given you the most hope about love today?
Speaker 6: The most hopeble, I mean, it exists, you can and you can find it at any age. I'm not saying it's easy, but all the examples that I have both you know that I gain from my viewers and then just in my personal life close friends over seventy that found the love in their lives. You know, it's all about mindset and believing that you can. And I know that that sounds oh yeah, yeah sure, but it's true. You know, if you at that old saying whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right. And the first thing about finding love is believing that you can.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: Silka schwartz cough back on Second Act TIV always and also right now on Guys Guys Radio, we're going to have you back again. Of course, thank you so much for being with us and love talking to you all right.
Speaker 6: I love to talk to you with you too. I know our last video is doing great.
Speaker 4: Awesome, subscribe to it Second Act TV. All right, folks, see you soon. It's Guys Guy Radio. Okay, another terrific conversation and my very special thanks to Silka Schwartzov for joining us once again and for sharing her thoughtful perspective on what it means to date and build meaningful relationships in today's world when you're over fifty. You know, one of the biggest takeaways for me is that this chapter of life isn't about trying to recreate relationships we had in the twenties and thirties. It's about creating something that reflects who we are now, wiser, more self aware, and hopefully more intentional about the kind of partnership we want, and whether that means embracing independence, redefining commitment, recognizing red flags earlier or simply staying open to unexpected possibilities. Love doesn't come with an expiration date. In many ways, it can become richer because we know ourselves so much better as we age. If you want to learn more about Silka and her work, be sure to check out Silka on Second Act TV. And just one other point here. You know, we talked about heterosexual dating and gay and trans and we're not judging. It doesn't matter. My credo and our credo on Guys Guys Radio is there's not enough love in the world. And whoever you are and whoever you define yourself as your business, we just want to help people find relationships that work for them. And I think the biggest key is just to be authentic, be yourself and be positive. And of course you got to be in it to win it, so you got to put yourself out there and meet new people and enjoy the journey. So that's what we've got for you today on Guys Guys Radio. Thank you for listening to Guys Guys Radio. We'll be back next week with a brand new episode. And until then, like I always say, Guys Guys Finish.
Speaker 1: First NBC News on CACAA Lomlada, sponsored by Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Protecting the Future of Working Families Teamsters nineteen thirty two, dot.
Speaker 7: Org, NBC News Radio, I'm Scott Carr. Firefighters have established containment lines around the wildfires burning in the Spokane, Washington area. Official say they've reached between five and thirteen percent containment on the three fires, and we're making steady progress, helped by cooler weather. Those fires have led to more than sixty thousand evacuations and the destruction of more than seven hundred structures, most of them homes. Firefighters in New York City say a person was found dead fourteen injured after an explosion at fire then an apartment building in the Bronx.
Speaker 9: Danny Mercado says he barely escaped his apartment next to the blast.
Speaker 2: Got lucky.
Speaker 10: All I had was the ceiling forearming, and then I went to check on the nah books you have burned, and then the fire was thought of getting big bol and we came outside.
Speaker 9: The fire broke out at the five story building on each two hundred ninth Street in the Norwood section. Fire officials say a person who hasn't been identified was found dead inside the building hours after the fire began. The explosion ripped doors off of hinges. Eight civilians were hurt. Two have life threatening injuries, while two others have serious injuries. Six firefighters were also hurt in New York on Lisa Selvadi.
Speaker 7: An FBI report says the nearly three dozen active shooters incidents in the US last year marked a forty two percent increase in shootings year over year. They say there were thirty four of them. The number of victims from mass shootings increased by nearly six sixty percent, and they say every incident involved a mail shooter who acted alone. Primary contests are being held Thursday in Tennessee. The main event there will be the Republican primary for governor, where Senator Marsha Blackburn, Congressman John Rose, and state Representative Monte Fritz are running to replace term limited Republican Governor Bill Lee. President Trump's been an ally of Blackburn, but has also backed Rows in the past and has not endorsed a candidate in the race. Five Democrats are running to be the opponent against Republican Senator Bill Haggerty in November, who's running unopposed in the primary. There's also a handful of US House races. Scott Carr, NBC News Radio.
Speaker 8: Located in the heart of San Bernardino, California, the Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Training Center is designed to train workers for high demand, good paying jobs and various industries throughout the Inland Empire. If you want a pathway to a high paying job and the respect that comes with a union contract, visit nineteen thirty two Trainingcenter dot org to enroll today. That's nineteen thirty two Trainingcenter, dot org.
Speaker 5: There's never been a better time for men to be whoever they want to be. Yet it's never been less clear who men really are. Guys Guy Radio, starring author Robert Manny, is on Caseyaa every Wednesday at eight pm. Whether it's relationships, sex, wellness, or spirituality, join Robert as he interviews the experts about how men and women can be at their best. Guys Guy Radio, Better Men, Better World.
Speaker 7: The US Senate has confirmed doctor Erica Schwartz as the next Director of the Centers for Disease Control. Schwartz is a former Deputy Surgeon General and a Coast Guard health official, and she's now the first Senate confirmed CDC director in nearly a year. The vote to confirm Schwartz, fifty one to forty four, was most lay along party lines. Now President Trump is saying he's not sure if US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Janeine Piro, whom he'd appointed to the position, will stay on the job. Sarah Lee Kessler has the latest time that.
Speaker 11: Trump criticized Piro, a one time Westchester County prosecutor and judge, after she dropped charges against former Olympian David Hearn. Trump had accused him of vandalizing the Lincoln Memorial, reflecting Pool. Piro's court filing set the damage was due to botched work by the contractor. On Monday, Trump said Piro choked and folded like an umbrella before summoning her to the White House that night. Trump told reporters on Tuesday he hasn't made a decision about her future.
Speaker 7: Open AI has agreed to a three point two million dollars settlement with the Department of Justice over allegations the research group had discriminated against American workers in its hiring practices.
Speaker 12: The DOJAY says the investigation involved fewer than ten positions, but found issues including how some jobs were advertised and how applications were accepted. Under the agreement, open Ai will pay one point two million in civil penalties and two million to compensate workers affected by the alleged practices. The company denies the findings. I'm at Mattinson.
Speaker 7: The fourth Spider Man movie starring Tom Holland as the lead character, has now made more than one point one billion dollars at the global box office in just seven days.
Speaker 3: Hi, my name is Peter Parker. I have something to tell you that's going to sound crazy.
Speaker 7: Spider Man Brand New Day is now the highest grossing film of the year. The movie made forty two million dollars just on Tuesday, breaking Spider Man No Way Homes record of thirty nine million in twenty twenty one. Scott Carr, NBC News Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a bird, it's a bland.
Speaker 13: No, it's super raw. Okay, a gimmicky opening for a commercial about super Roth universal life insurance, but I'm sure it got your attention. Now, what is a super.
Speaker 3: Row, you ask.
Speaker 13: It's a permanent indexed universal life insurance that's totally liquid and easily accessible. Once it matures, can be used to supplement retirement savings or a death benefit or both. Has no income or contribution limit, has no five year rule. Like roth iras, has no ten percent penalty for accessing the funds before age fifty nine and a half. Oh and the average historical returns are five to seven percent annually tax freight. Super Rocks also lock in gains, which means you don't lose your money when the market is down. It sounds incredible, right, sounds super super Rocks are the way of the future, specifically your future. To see if you qualify for a super Roth, go online to the Superwroth dot Com.
Speaker 14: This segment sponsored by our friends at the All News. Sammy's Restaurant Sammy's is now open in Kalamesa at Exit eighty eight off the ten Freeway, next to the Jack in the Box in the former Bob's Big Boy Restaurant. Not to name drop, but Sammy's in the former Bob's is a lot like Norms. It has an extensive menu with multiple restaurants in rialto in places like and Ranchu Kumonga. Samm's is a great place to dine. Their menu is very similar with their American trio of delicious steak, shrimp, and chicken and an expansive menu. You won't go hungry and you won't go broke. At Sammy's you can come meet Sammy and his family. Sammy was a chief cook for Norms for years and it shows in his menu. Sammy's is a great place to meet the family, friends, or have a community meeting. You can ask about their private meeting room available for parties of fifteen or more on a first come, first serve basis. Sammy's is now open from six am to nine pm every day at five point forty sandal would drive off of XIT eighty eight at the ten Freeway in Kalamesa. Look for the Big Boy statue. It's still there. We thank Sammy for returning to this station as a loyal sponsor. You can find more info about Sammy's at Sammy'scafe dot Net. At Sammy'scafe dot net well, you can also find discount coupons to save money. And by the way, Sammy's has free Wi Fi too. Sammy's and Kalamesa Rayalto but one of their other locations are ready to serve you. Sammy's is now open in Kalamesa.
Speaker 5: There's never been a better time for men to be whoever they want to be, yet it's never been less clear who men really are. Guys Guy Radio, starring author Robert Manny, is on Caseyaa every Wednesday at eight pm. Whether it's relationships, sex, wellness, or spirituality, Join Robert as he interviews the experts about how men and women can be at their best. Guys Guy Radio, Better Men, Better World.
Speaker 8: The Tahibo Tea Club is the only FDA registered manufacturer of original pure powdy Arco Tohbo T in the United States. The tea is great for healthy people because it helps regenerate new cells, and it can truly be miraculous for someone finding a potentially life threatening disease due to an infection, diabetes, or cancer. Just fifty nine ninety five with free shipping. Call us at eight one eight six one zero eight zero eight eight that's eight one eight six one zero eight zero eight eight, or visit to Hebot club dot com. To Hebo is spelled ta h ee b like boy oh, then the word t and then the word club. So the complete website is to Hebot club dot com or call us at eight one eight six one zero eight zero eight eight that's eight one eight six one zero eight zero eight eight.
Speaker 1: NBC News on KCAA Lomel sponsored by Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Protecting the Future of Working Families Teamsters nineteen thirty two, dot.
Speaker 7: Org, NBC News Radio. I'm Scott car. Firefighters have established containment lines around the wildfires burning in the Spokane, Washington area. Officials say they've re between five and thirteen percent containment on the three fires, and we're making steady progress, helped by cooler weather. Those fires have led to more than sixty thousand evacuations and the destruction of more than seven hundred structures, most of them homes. Firefighters in New York City say a person was found dead fourteen injured after an explosion at fire then an apartment building in the Bronx.
Speaker 9: Danny Mercado says he barely escaped his apartment next to the blast.
Speaker 10: Looky, what I had was the ceiling for loming, and then I went to check on the nag box. You have burned, and then the fire was thought of getting bigger. When we came outside.
Speaker 9: The fire broke out at the five story building on each two hundred ninth Street in the Norwood Section. Fire officials say a person who hasn't been identified was found dead inside the building hours after the fire began. The explosion ripped doors off of hinges. Eight civilians were hurt. Two have life threatening injuries, while two others have serious injuries. Six firefighters were also hurt in New York on Lisa Selvadi.
Speaker 7: An FBI report says the nearly three dozen active shooters incidents in the US last year marked at two percent increase in shootings year over year. They say there were thirty four of them. The number of victims from mass shootings increased by nearly sixty percent, and they say every incident involved a mail shooter who acted alone. Primary contests are being held Thursday in Tennessee. The main event there will be the Republican primary for governor, where Senator Marsha Blackburn, Congressman John Rose, and state Representative Monte Fritz are running to replace term limited Republican Governor Bill Lee. President Trump's been an ally of Blackburn, but has also backed Rows in the past and has not endorsed a candidate in the race. Five Democrats are running to be the opponent against Republican Senator Bill Haggerty in November. Who's running unopposed in the primary. There's also a handful of US house races. Scott Carr, NBC News Radio.
Speaker 14: This segment sponsored by our radio listening post in Ukaipa, Ukuipa Farm Fresh Produce where you can get healthy in the heart of u Kaipa. You'll find locally sourced fresh fruit, vegetables, farm eggs, honey, fresh bread, nuts, and for your sweet tooth, delicious ice cream and locally produced candy from liquorice to chocolates, all to your heart's content. It's Ukaipa Farm Fresh Produce just down the street from Tuscano's Pizza between thirteenth and fourteenth on u Kaipa Boulevard. Open every day weekdays from eight am to six pm and on weekends to five pm. For more info, you can call nine O nine seven nine zero sixty one oh six. That's nine O nine seven nine zero six one zero six. Shop local with Ukaipa Farm Fresh Produce. Tell them you heard it on this radio station and saw it on the DNA advertising screen inside the store. It's Ukaipa Farm Fresh Produce.
Speaker 2: You're listening to KCAA, your good neighbor along the way.
Speaker 14: And now the voices of KCAA with an exciting announcement.
Speaker 12: Want to hear NBC News or kca anywhere you go, Well, now there's an app for that.
Speaker 4: CACAA is celebrating twenty five years in our silver anniversary with a brand new app.
Speaker 6: The new KCAA App is now available on your smart device, cell phone, in your car, or any place. Just search KCAA on Google Play or in the Apple Store.
Speaker 14: One touch and you can listen on your car radio, Bluetooth device, Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Catch the KCAA buzz in your earbuds or on the streets.
Speaker 8: Celebrating twenty five years of talk news and excellence with our new KCAA app.
Speaker 14: Just do it and download it. KCAA celebrating twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Hey everybody, this is Robert Manny, host of Guys Guys Radio, with a special announcement. Beginning in July, Guys Guys Radio will be heard on KCAA only on Saturday evenings at eight pm Pacific time. Same great show, same great guests, same great content. Guys Guys Radio on kca Saturdays at eight pm Pacific time. Listen live stream Download Guys Guys Radio We're here for you on kc AA radio.
Speaker 8: Located in the heart of San Bernardino, California, the Teamsters Local nineteen thirty two Training Center is designed to train workers for high demand, good paying jobs and various industries throughout the Inland Empire. If you want a pathway to a high paying job and the respect that comes with a union contract, visit nineteen thirty two Trainingcenter dot org to enroll today. That's nineteen thirty two Trainingcenter dot orgs.
Speaker 2: Hey you, yeah, you do. You know where you are? Well, you've done it. Now you're listening to CACAA Loma Linda, your CNBC news station, So expect the unexpected.
Speaker 9: Oh