Speaker 1: I've never seen blue vines before. They're only stiled in Europe. I know a gay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can really taste the blue four Finger Discount.
Speaker 3: Dude, Welcome to four for a discount the podcast where we what do we do?
Speaker 4: Review The Simpsons? Don't we? A lot of Simpson's reviews here at four Finger Discount, And this week we're here to review one of my favorite episodes of post Golden Ear, a Simpsons not for this guy though Esther departed.
Speaker 2: I'm Dando and I'm guy, and I didn't dislike this episode, but I maybe didn't.
Speaker 4: Like it as much as I thought I would.
Speaker 2: Now Dando did the home alone face when I mentioned this before we got on Mike. Yeah, he didn't quite do that, but it was if it was feeling it inside.
Speaker 4: I can tell you no, No, I was just surprised. If anything, I thought it was going to be a fun discussion because I really loved this episode, but he said it didn't.
Speaker 2: Really, it's still going to be a fun discussion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why why I said, I think it's going to be a fun discussion, because we disagree.
Speaker 2: I thought you said you thought it was going to be a fun discussion. Yeah, it wasn't going to No, No, it's going to be Yeah, that's what you think.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to talk about this. It was all right. I didn't he went out there want to be new, so the debt. So I can't recall I've watched The Party in probably what twenty years when it come out two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and six. Yeah, so wow, that's impresident President. I'm saying in two years before it was made for you. I haven't said for a long time.
Speaker 4: Since I was a teenager, I reckon and maybe when I was twenty or so, I remember loving the film. I've not watched it since then. Is this a bit by bit play of how the film goes down?
Speaker 2: No, and maybe that's something that threw me off the rails a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, because it's not based in a primary school the film.
Speaker 2: No, although the criminal world and the school yard they do. You have a certain parallels. There are enough nods to the departed in it that you, oh, yeah, okay, that's Murphy certainly drop kick Murphy's and a joke at the end that I was like, I don't I think your your butt is writing check? Oh, you know your math is writing checks your butt can't cash there, Simpsons, But generally it's uh, this is what do you know the movie Donnie Brasco. Yeah, yeah, this is more like Donnie Brasco than it is A Departed I mean both are about undercover cops and the cost of a life.
Speaker 4: In I'm not in the Departed, No.
Speaker 2: And a few of what do you call it Scorsese regulars are not. Yeah, I mean DiCaprio is the lead, but de Niro's not in there.
Speaker 4: But that was the first DiCaprio appearance in Scorsese.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it. No, No, he's in gangs in New York, of course he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually I think he was in a few, but that was two thousand and fours, and it was two thousand and two. Gangs in New York.
Speaker 2: I think there was the I think there was gangs in New York and the Aviator was that Okay, Yeah, they hailed Hughes movie, and then after that there were Shutter Island.
Speaker 4: And when I think of scorse Asa, I only think of the mob movies, the Criminal film, true.
Speaker 2: True, like you go back up his sort of body work done. There's a lot of different types of movies in there, but his mob movies are so good and so vivid and so exciting that oh yeah, he's the guy who makes his crowd of movies. What was the saying. Yeah, So there are certainly bits and pieces of that departed in this, but probably.
Speaker 4: A good thing that it's not just a complete rip off, that it's a sort of a an homage to it, taking elements of it, because if you're just gonna do a bit by bit, it's just kind of we always complained about those trilogy episodes where it's just retelling the story but replacing the characters with city.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. That's a good point. There is also another scene that's like a real visual homage to the chase scene, yeah, or the suit it's not really a chase and the music playing as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look certainly gets to enjoy in that regard. And look, I'm a sucker for a good undercover story.
Speaker 4: He doesn't like a good mystery.
Speaker 2: There's like a good mystery or a good even not so much a mystery, not so much of who'd done it, as like how they're going to get them? Yeah, because how long can you stay on the cover before either A you're bustard or B you just go insane from the tension, which is a real, a real plot point in The Departed because DiCaprio was just fraying under the pressure. I think I saw and mad Damon is as well to a lesser degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I saw this before I saw the actual film, which is probably why I enjoyed the episode a lot more because I didn't see the twists coming at the end. Ah yeah, so really being the extra miles, like, oh shit, that's right, it's.
Speaker 2: A nice wrinkle. Yeah, you're right. I guess I was thinking I would have liked the friendship or the relationship between Barton Donnie to I don't know, be fleshed out a little bit more. It just it's kind of hard when you had it's hard when you're dealing with it.
Speaker 4: Probably could have cut out the Homeless because the Homer story didn't really add anything to that plot. Did Did they intertwine it anyway?
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 4: So I think it's just the way of getting Homer on the screen, which I don't think it really needed to have.
Speaker 2: I don't think it needed at all. I mean, the whole b plot with the Loaner had one or two good gags, but otherwise was like, I'm not really enjoying this at all. In fact, it is symptomatic and a lot of stuff that's wrong with season nineteen all these later seasons, and oh well there's I think even when he first learns it. Oh okay, I've got to take my shit car in to get to get serviced, and they're going to give me this dope car. Laughing at this stuff, and it goes on for so long. It's so long, and I'm like, I've written, oh that loaner joke. But then sorry to step on one of my favorite moments, but this song Driver of a loan Loaner cap yeah. As a big fan of Owner of a Lonely Heart by the band Yes, And.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be fair of the song Cruising as well, even though it wasn't a parody. It was just the song. I like that song I see as a nineties kid. I like the Gwendeth Poultry Hwet Lewis version from our Duet's.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm guessing it's a song before then it's it's about carry okay. I'm trying to remember who did the original. I'm not sure. Sure, look at a wiki page. I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet. I mean, and it's got not completely broken.
Speaker 4: Yet cultural references. But you're right, Te who was a good actor? Huey Lewis? Yeah, I know he was, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really, I mean I'm just a big Huey Lewis fan. He just like the power of love. Oh absolutely. But he's like your uncle or your or your dad's mate. And you know, you go to like a wedding or something and it was like here we get up and see then he then he gets up and he.
Speaker 4: Belted fuck Smoky Robinson cruising in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Oh that the likefulc tons of Smoky Rominson. Well, I didn't like what Gwyneth and Hugh do you? It's is a good movie.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it, haven't you. I've only ever seen that film clip. Yeah, they're really good in it. I can't you can't fight it anywhere?
Speaker 2: Is it not on Disney Plus? I thought it was like a Disney release? Oh is it no ship or a Touchdome release?
Speaker 4: I never think to look on Disney Plus for duets. Duets streaming Australia.
Speaker 2: We're doing a public service. Yeah, you should really see Duets. It's on Disney Plus ship. It's got it's got the late Andre Brower. Yeah, it's I think it was sort of a breakout role for Paul Gmt.
Speaker 4: He's really good in it.
Speaker 2: Was he in.
Speaker 4: Fifty four? Who was fifty four?
Speaker 2: Was that Mike Myers? That's Mike Mike Myers?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who else is in fifty four? Is another film I can't find Anywhere's those like late nineties films that had songs that were attached to the film. So that had if you could read mom, if you could be what a fucking banger?
Speaker 2: Right? Really?
Speaker 4: And that's that's an remake as well. Yeah, because he.
Speaker 2: Had the original of that and it's kind of yeah, soft and mellow if you can read. No, no, it doesn't have it.
Speaker 4: And what's that?
Speaker 2: As Lewis often says to me, yes, my best friend's wedding that see a little prep.
Speaker 4: That version is so much fucking better. I know the original is great, right, but I was raised on that version, always.
Speaker 2: Saying is the nineties was the best time ever?
Speaker 4: The nineties.
Speaker 2: The thing is, can you can fuck off the Renaissance? All that stuff nineteen nineties.
Speaker 4: I just love the idea of when songs were attached to films. They don't do that shit anymore, not.
Speaker 2: Really, no. I mean even you go back to like the original Sam Raimi Spider Man, the first one, and it's like it's got Nickel mickle back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hero, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I can't remember the song for live it, but.
Speaker 4: I just know that there was a song attached to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even yeah po is like Daredevil's I think we talked about talked about it not long ago with Wake Me Up, and even I think the First Avengers has got like a song over the end credits. I can't recall Yeah, me neither.
Speaker 4: But for me, it's just like you know, Will Smith he catched him be time when Black and Wild Wild West, there was always a song attached to a film.
Speaker 2: And now we don't really we're not really doing it.
Speaker 4: We don't watch films anymore, do we. My final one YouTube it's on Spotify now, you know, it'd be a tit tak.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand.
Speaker 4: There are songs in films now, but it's not that song was released just for the film. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean like Ghostbusters was written for Ghostbusters exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of you. No, I mean there's no like as heard in the hit movie Twisters. No, I haven't heard it, Noah, just different world now, different world. I'm not sure I like it. Let's go back to the nineties, the times. Nineties, so we were talking about duets, we're talking about Huey Lewis. How we get to that. I'm happy to duets to take back. We might be literally, won't.
Speaker 4: The song a Cruisin? I listened to Crusts? Yes, we made it.
Speaker 2: Thank you down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah all that when you finally realized that's what it was. Oh thank god.
Speaker 2: I'm not completely for the home yet.
Speaker 4: You know. You know sometimes you tell them a story, right, or you're about to tell a story and the person you're about to say it to interrupt you, and you're okay, yeah, yeah, and then you go they say to you, what do you want to say?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I know it's there, I can't think of it. Have I told that story about how one morning I was lying in bed and I need to think. I didn't need to think of this word, but I was like, what's that word for?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: Thing. It's a real estate term, and you know, it's an easy word. Last last week I was struggling to think of the word witness.
Speaker 2: It was on this podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure because we're like, what's that the person that you know, they say they were there at the time of South Park, and like the person that's they see something and then they take a statement back and you're like, I'm like, what is it? Anyway, Yes, no.
Speaker 2: One one is lying in bed. And I was thinking about some real estate term, and the wood was escrow, which is not really a word.
Speaker 4: That word in my life. If you asked me to define it, I'd probably buger it all up. It sounds like a Pokemon's got to catch them.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough about Pokemon to say anything like aline always got to catch the more you got to catch more?
Speaker 4: What a tagline. It's like, you've got to collect them.
Speaker 2: It's like a ship. Okay, well I guess that's what I'm doing for the next five years. Remember there was a period of it.
Speaker 4: There was just before COVID where people were playing Pokemon Go, just roaming the streets. Oh yeah, there's a picture at the beach and you go to Eastern beach. There's always people walking about it there trying to find Pokemone gets.
Speaker 2: Hit by a car because it's like I'm searching for picture or whatever. That's the only Pokemon I know. Or meet you Moody to meet me too?
Speaker 4: Me to you too?
Speaker 2: Did mewtwo get? But yes, escrow, I think is the money that's put aside if you bought a house or something, and it's like before it actually deposit, yeah, before the deal actually goes. So it's like we're gonna put it in this safe account. You know, it's not yours anymore. It's not theirs anymore. It's just in a it's in limbo to anybody. It's just hanging out, just hanging out. It's earning interest maybe, And for some reason I know it. I didn't need to know this word. I mean, I'm not selling my house. I'm not buying a house or anything like that. But it's like I had to know it now.
Speaker 4: I have to know now.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to look it up. I'm not looking it up.
Speaker 4: It's in here. And honestly, use those muscles. Yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Spent maybe twenty minutes in bed, and I really should be getting up and doing stuff maybe earning livings, I could buy a half. It's like, so, how is your warning? I couldn't think of the word is a scrowrows?
Speaker 4: Great? But I got there.
Speaker 2: So I spent twenty minutes in bed thinking that I had early onset dementia, like I think we should.
Speaker 4: See other people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's just like, oh, no, is this?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: What it's going to be like when you know my fit and when my faculty start to go be like, oh, what's that word? Oh house, what's that word cigarette?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like I'm starting to sort of eyes are getting a bit with my left eye of a cover of my right up left, I can't see as well.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh no, it's beginning. Mine is that way because I currently have an eye. In fact, I was a bit worried about us going on the camera because it looked like I was like, you know.
Speaker 4: That's why it's at the shadows.
Speaker 2: I'm sleeping on a pillow. That that's done this party with the bank. Look, I've got the smile, but no traditional iro infection, not conjunctivi itis AK a pink app But enough about our various physical and uh mental ailments. Yeah, the departed, Yeah, the homeless, the home and home stuff could have gone yeah, and could you could have fleshed out and you could have fleshed out the relationship with more.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I light though the twist of the blue can. I was like, that's a that's a fun look. It's a good reveal. Yeah, it's how because you don't think when he's giving him those candies that it's going to lead to something like that. It's just it's just him, mean friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's showing off. It's like it's actually pretty good writing and the like, that's right, I'm showing off. I got these blue vines you get in Europe. Otherwise you usually get red vines like, oh, it's the not the Chekhov's gun, It's it's the Blu rays.
Speaker 4: It's the DVD's used to get before they were listen to Australia or was it laser dis what you used to get before they were listed in Ausralia? Was the Ghostbusters you got once? Or was that a beta tape?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You ate Ghostbusters when you were a kid or was it a Ghostbusters post that you had? I think it was a Ghostbusters poster? But didn't you get I thought you said, was the Steve that used to get movies before they released Australia. Yeah, earlier to Steve, it was your friend, Steve say Savvy, Steve Savy, Steve Savy, Steve used to get movies before anyone else. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He had the laser discplayer. Yeah, the only guy I knew who had one. Yeah, and he had It's it's not even in the mid yet, and you.
Speaker 4: Know he was good. That's that would have been unbelievable. A very good guy watching a film at home, guys before it's even releasing the cinemas here would have been mind blowing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, particular because it was true romance and every you know, every generation next ne it was like Tarantino that gay set. I gotta stop doing that voice. I gotta stop doing their voice.
Speaker 4: We start doing some favorite moments.
Speaker 2: What was do that?
Speaker 4: My favorite? For some reason, one moment that's always stuck with me is the end of arm was a skinner. He's like, Skinner, Skinner, I'm fine, So don't ever do that to me again. I just liked the fact that, you know, he yells at him all the time, but he cares for Yes.
Speaker 2: Did I send you the thing? I don't know if it was just one person or this is the thing that's going on. But Kamala Harris has announced her running mate for Is it Camela Kamala? I thought it was Camela Tamala? Yeah, love it. I just don't know, like Pamela, you would think Kamala. But I think it is actually Camelo.
Speaker 4: Came.
Speaker 2: If I'm wrong, let me know. I don't think it really matters for us, does it really? If we mispronounced out Kamala is for America? Sneezes, the world gets a cold continue That's that's what they say about my political mouse. She announced her running mate for Vice president, gentleman named Tim Walls or Waltz. And I think a few people saying like putting up Butcher's superintended. Charles like it because he looks a lot like him. I sent this to you or not, But yeah, I'm always happy to see Charles. And yeah, we're like, oh, he looks like the future by president who seems like a solid dude. He's a really good choice. And then he's got a good line in dad jokes and you know, yeah, Kamela is very progressive. Wow, a woman of a woman of color. I could be the next president of the United States. That'd be great, that'd be groundbreaking. But a lot of people go too much too first two hundred years, two hundred and fifty years into the American experiments, we'd better get the whitest white dude. But daddy joke, But daddy is dad that ever there was, you know, to reassure us, like, Okay, yes we're moving forward, but he's.
Speaker 4: Going to walk up to come on and go, gotcha do if you want a bath? Better win?
Speaker 2: But about that, we're talking about favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was chalmerss Yeah at the end, as I.
Speaker 2: Said, I android driver rather lonely car. Not a bad gag. I liked more. I like Marge's source hack.
Speaker 4: Yeah got as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do we actually have places that have the little sauce packets anymore?
Speaker 4: Well, you just have to go to mackets and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, do they still have them in the older head No little sachet, No little saschets. If you go in and like order the screens because you can't talk to a person.
Speaker 4: So you get sachets in your meal. So hungry Jackson, it's all sachets. The kids, the kids love. It's just like, oh yeah, that's great. What we do is our kids are very particularly like certain the bottle. If the bottle isn't the Rosala one or whatever it is for tomato sauce, they don't like if that's not the same, right, So we just bought it once by the big tubs of the Home Brand and just refiel that ship. That's very clever that I do it. A series like Cocoa Pops. I bought about six months ago a box of Cocoa Pops and now whenever it's empty, I just refill it with Cocoa puffs with the yeah yeah, the Home Brand ones nut GRAINI grain can't get away with nutrigrain. The shapes are different, and Aliott knows he goes they're curved. That's not the right one, And I'm like, damn it.
Speaker 2: I saw some Aldie thing the other day where it's like Eldie Hack. You know these the aldiagon with the Algae version of wagon wheels called cartwheels better than wagons the wagon wheels. So I'm like, I better try this. Border pays like they're okay, but they're not wagon. You tell yourself that ali does some good stuff. Does some stuff very well, but no, they these are not a suitable comp for wagon wheels.
Speaker 4: He's a life hacked for you guys, for all you Dorito's fans out there, or you Cornships fans. Home brand like Woolworth's Safeway, what you want to call it, Home brand corn chips, cheese cheese Supreme Cheese, Supreme corn chips better than any dredas you'll in your life. Oh my gosh. They are just smothered with flavoring. Home brand Cheese Supreme corn chips cannot go wrong, smothered.
Speaker 2: With flavoring quite like that to their favorite stuff. Yeah, no, no, no, no no. I was going to ask about you've already sort of explained about how you know you get the home brand sauce and you refill they and I won't get you if you had a specific if your source faithful. I mean, I'm always what's the what's the fifty two varieties? One I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's white, white chrome, there's white, Yeah, there's white something. Another one you mean, yeah, it's Gota dove on it or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the one I get. So I never get Roselle. The kids like the they like the bird, the parrot or whatever they call it. And then we just refill their bottle. We've got a big tub in the bottom under they can't see. It's like massive, like two liter tub of just Home brand sauce sauce. I'm thinking it's true, it's true. I'm thinking about sauce right now, more so thinking about our friend Zach Prudho's listening is going what really get cut to the chase gut. The other thing I liked was turning the kick me SiGe into mediocre study Yes? And was it nels Kerney who immediately guess a bit of do it Yes? That hit the books. Next question?
Speaker 4: You there eating the paste.
Speaker 2: Trivia to hit me with your first question, I only have three?
Speaker 4: You I only ever asked for three. You say this every time, I only have three.
Speaker 2: I think when we started we were doing like five.
Speaker 4: We've already had this conversation numerous times. It's always been three, always three. Sometimes you get excited and you throw out more.
Speaker 2: Listeners to the show. Patrons of the show, I'm sure it's really entertaining for you to have front row seats for glass descent into dementia. Are you sure it was three?
Speaker 4: Always?
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 4: What are we doing now? Trivia?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, not trivia?
Speaker 4: Oh no, cheesy poops O wrong show? Do you want to do stone gutters? That's the trivia?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yes, you know you're not trying to wrong for actual you have questions?
Speaker 4: I do. I got you.
Speaker 2: You can see on my written notes you've got the highly technical on your laptop. I've actually the hard drugs in your way. I apologized, man, that should have moved them for you. That's all right, all right, Oh, I have fun. Okay, okay, first question for you? What school did Donnie get kicked out? Oh?
Speaker 4: I have had that as one of my trivia questions. I won't look it's PS one three it is, indeed, yes, more questions gone. Luckily I had four just in case. I always have a backup one. I always have a backup one. I'd never use it if I don't have to. That was That's there. He gets the back up all right. My first question? What book was Lisa reading at the start? Was The Joy of Sex? Correct?
Speaker 2: Fun thing about being Generation X and growing up as a child in the seventies is you would have you would go to other people's houses and the adults would have actually have books like The Joy of Sex on the bookshelf, Karma, Suture or whatever. Yeah, I said the nineties great, the seventies were even better. Next question for you, Yes, who is the maker of view blockers? Bronzing's It is Bronz. Yes, that's right, No days you.
Speaker 4: By the way, a lot of wires go in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although not as wise as usual, not as sassy as no.
Speaker 4: I was very surprised at how I thought he'd be giving Homer's laughing at and whatnot. They didn't do anything about it. They sort of looked at him home is like, I'm not bringing the car back. There was no fight back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no sas mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like they should have been coming to his dog threatend to kill him.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in aloner. My most question is who does Donnie get on his little cootie thing? Who's going to marry and he's very happy about it. It was Sherry Terry No, Sherry.
Speaker 2: Yes. My third and final question to you, because I don't have the fourth backup because I'm not organized like you. When did Terry Gross interview Sundator Alan Cranston.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, don't know it was nineteen eighty seven, eighty seven. Yeah, I listened to Terry Gross a bit on MPR podcast. She's a very very good interviewer, and she's I'm glad that they actually got her because she's got a very distinctive voice and delivery style. But often when you.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a new episode of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interviews with Terry Gross, Terry Gross is off this week. He's an interview she did five years such, she's like, oh god, damn, Terry. I know you're yeah approaching and retirement age and.
Speaker 4: All that, but still just cber.
Speaker 2: I'll be sort of putting in the year buds ago for a walk, and it's like, listen to a bit of Terry. That's an interview she did.
Speaker 4: No, maybe that time?
Speaker 2: What what needle did Bart get in the end? What was for measles? Yeah, hey, I think we did pretty well this timmer. Well, I certainly didn't double up for one. Yeah. Yeah, but also I'm normally like I don't know that, and this time other guy answered all of them.
Speaker 4: So you paid attention?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it for me? All right? Stone cut of time, Oh okay, now we're doing now did we just do them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Cheese piops. I'm just committing to that.
Speaker 2: I know I'm aware.
Speaker 6: Don't don't rub a bit by committe Let's committee too. These are the jokes I just told a joke. My favorite gift as everyone knows.
Speaker 4: Yes, Kady g with her one hundred old support. Thank you so much, Katie for supporting is here at four finger discount we have Sir Andrew Andrews is support. Thank you so much again, Also Zach Pruitt our main man, as well as Andrew Swan swaneye we never got access to his plex.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well some great some great stuff then, like.
Speaker 4: New movies are what Jordan Moulman, Richie, Jonathan Rossi, Rage Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn DV p Anderson, Timothy Burls, and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofe, Bello Winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Lewis Cavanaugh, Mautrelivan Reice, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, to Lea and Riquez, Jeep Mersado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Shepherd, Joe Reading Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavanlan and Damian Miller. I think you've been top tier stone cutter of supporters of ours on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Oh no, stone in the vicinity left uncut.
Speaker 4: No, don't forget. If you have joined us this month, you'll get your name of on the last episode of the month. We do a big month. We wrap up of everyone who was a five dollars plus supporter but not quite on the top tier.
Speaker 2: That's approaching. Yes, we're more than halfway through all it's going from next week's episode. Would say, sounds about right, It sounds about right. Yes, all right, so let's get into our review of the Dear Barton Do Do do great song? And when you hear that, so he just meantly think of this film right? Oh yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So the original aired. It was March second, two thousand and eight, production code KA b F zero six, written by Joel H. Cohen and directed by Matthew nas Dark, Turfa Grace and Terry Gross Gross Gross Gross Gross did a good jobs as Donny's not bad. Yeah, take you can take a leaven?
Speaker 2: Can't you a little bit? You mean everyone or just me?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean when he started on that seventies, I was like, I really like this guy. He's great. You know, it's low key, you know, good comic timing, kind of go. You're happy to say you showed him a few other things. I'm like, I don't know how much range you've got. I mean he shows up in in Predators, he does, Yeah, and for mine kind of really derails that movie.
Speaker 4: He's just not right for it. What just can't ever buy him as a serious threat. No, and I know, maybe like a psycho, but not a physical threat.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: And he's I know it's meant to be. Oh, you never saw it coming that he was going to be the big bad sorry spoiler for Predators. It's like he's just not weird enough. Yeah, I don't know they wanted to be. Probably could be any of the Batman film he's in Spider Man, wasn't he Yeah he was. He was Venom, he was the original Venom. Yeah, and even then, not all that great in that either.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry tofa. Apparently made a Star Wars film. He apparently re edited the prequels into one movie. Yeah, no one's ever seen it, Like people have seen it, but no.
Speaker 2: People have seen it and they say it's really good. Yeah, release it, release it. They just release it, make it happen.
Speaker 4: So they're driving it.
Speaker 2: You'll earn more goodwill from me TOFA because you know, I don't like.
Speaker 4: You just driving the kids to school. But let's not forget the board.
Speaker 2: Gag and the couch game because of course, quite frankly, I didn't like the board gag. That struck me as very two.
Speaker 4: Thousand art teachers fat not pregnant jeep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm completely insensitive, but it seems like that seems like a but that just seems cruel.
Speaker 4: But the art teacher is fat, not pregnant. That's why would you have them right that on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know you're trying to invert the normal thing of like, oh, congratulations on your upcoming baby.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not pregnant. You were right that they're fat, they're not pregnant. It seems like a no one would ever say that. Yeah, and light Bright and the couch game two hands add to the light right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Right? Did you? Isn't the strain thing?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever played with light Bright.
Speaker 4: I never did anyway. I just played with matches. I got told to play the cards at the front.
Speaker 2: I got told to play with the creepy guy Candy go go by that good can good candy too handy. That's my mind.
Speaker 4: Yes, so margin's driving the kids to school, and but at least it just being shitheads well but mostly just sort of shit stirring. Yes, and I can totally relate. Sometimes you just think, what, kids, what are you doing? Do you have this in the backseat? Not necessarily the backseat because they can't get to each other because they're strapped in okay, but sometimes at home you just I go, I said to dry kids and go into the toilet. I'll be back in two minutes. Right and before my O the moment my ass hits that seat, it's just World War three. I'm like, you were you were sitting there watching a film.
Speaker 2: What has happened. I've walked twenty steps, close the door, and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Holly's touching my thing?
Speaker 2: It's my thing? No, it's mine? Now hell are you telling me? I'm like, oh, damn, you and I have a long common down. I was often when mars hits that seat, it's World War three, as well, we're never going to recover from this. It's pretty happy with that. We're in the back seats, She's getting Lisa's kicking Bart in the face with the cleats.
Speaker 4: What was the point of the whole mars really realizing home as a cab driver. It was just it didn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Phil.
Speaker 4: It was like a joke for a setup for anything else. It was just a distraction for her.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Oh yeah, I mean there is that she got distracted by the kids, right, That's why she distracted by everything? Was was she yelling at the kids when she crashed into into mom?
Speaker 4: I can't remember. She crashed into my man? He dies by suffocating on the air bag. Yeah, and that's the end of that chapter. At school, Oh my god, they killed man. But arrives at school and there's new meat in his seat and it is Donny the new kid. Who again, I know we're jumping forward, but I liked the idea that they grabbed him from the orphanage. Isn't just a new kid? They thought about the story. Yeah, yeah, the Homer story could do without, but at least this main story here. They felt like that a lot of thought had gone into it.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit of flesh on the bone. That could be a little bit more flesh on the bone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so wially brings in the toilet that broken tour for bart to sit on. And then this is where Donny makes fun of missus cause of crab Apple.
Speaker 1: Hey, Crabapple, your name sounds like crab apple.
Speaker 4: Did you go sour waiting for someone to pick you?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? I didn't mind that.
Speaker 4: Did you go sour waity for someone to pick you? I was like, hush, But that's why I could never be a teacher. Yeah, not now, because you can't kick kids. What's that? You can't hit kids? You wouldn't want to do it now. Back in the day, they give you, give you a grup o. Yeah, especially growing up Catholic. I was talking to Nicola the other day. It just blows my mind out. Your wife Jesus right excuciating thirty years ago. Of course, we're kidding, thirty years ago, forty years ago. You send your kids to school and it's potential for the teacher to belt them. Oh yeah, that's insanity.
Speaker 2: Belt them within boundaries. Yeah, oh yeah, I can't believe that. I just cannot believe that. You can't even do it and you're home, but just.
Speaker 4: Sending you kip to school. No, I know, if they behave themselves, they won't get hit. But every kid's little ship sometimes.
Speaker 2: Think about that, if they behave themselves, they won't get hit, but.
Speaker 4: They always they never did. That's what day goes. Kids got no respect. Now we were we were naughty back in the day. We'd get we'd get the strap. And I was like, so you didn't behave, so you weren't behaving yourself and yet you and knowing you're gonna get strapped, and you still misbehaved.
Speaker 2: I don't see the logic. Somebody didn't learnt at school.
Speaker 4: But anyway, enough about it back in the old day, yeah, when times were better. But get the back end. It just gives her the donny gives her the back end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's impressing everybody at school with his little seesaw, garbage bag, little launcher. Pretty good at the school. Yeah, but threatens to threaten him because you know, I'm the cool kid around here, not you. They get the little capiche conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm always kidd do you think but is the cool kid? Do you think people regard bart as the cool kid. What do you think he's standing in the playground?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: It depends on what story they're telling that episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because often, Yeah, sometimes he's bullied, sometimes he's cool everyone.
Speaker 4: So the bullies bully everybody, right, the cool kids aren't the bullies. But no one likes the bullies. No, they're the bullies, right, I think of all the kids who aren't the bullies, but is probably definitely high in the pecking order, I guess.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious about that. I mean sometimes yeah, like I said, it varies from episode to episode, storyline, the storyline, Yeah, as the shows he thinks he's I think he thinks he's super cool. Well, he's cool in this in the Springfield world.
Speaker 4: Remember that episode Summer of four foot two where they go to h Yeah, yeah, Scraggs pat him or whatever. It's called a Flann's holiday home. Right, the cool kids there Aaron who's voiced by Christina RISCHINRICI. Yeah, that that that he's not that level of cool. No, he's done. It's a menace to them. They weren't that cool. They were kind of like posers. Yeah, like you knew whatever.
Speaker 2: The nineties, not as schools we thought they were.
Speaker 4: But then Bart sends the garbage onto himself. He saw it was also.
Speaker 2: Nice that everything land on him sort of turned into face, did it? Oh yeah, the spaghetti was like a weird like cucumbers on his eyes. Okay, yes, it was all right.
Speaker 4: They get Hope gets told his car is going to take a week to be fixed, so they're offering him the loaner. As you were saying earlier, I'm just laughing at them over and I just thought, this just doesn't know, this feels I know it shouldn't feel realistic, but they would be reacting to this.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm winding the tape back to a few seasons earlier, or maybe even ten seasons earlier. Ten somewhere between two shots the Lip and Hell cartoons, the conception of Mac graining Grey's Grand Green, somewhere between two and ten seasons earlier, where you.
Speaker 4: Have Home as Fast and ten seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, continue, okay, closer to ten seasons. I get the feeling, and this is maybe just me rewriting history, but Home will be like trying to play a cool or thinking that he's got something over on them.
Speaker 4: But I go, I guess I can accept this guy. Yeah, now he's obnoxious about it, but now he's just a knocks about it, and there's no repercussions and they standing out and take it.
Speaker 2: Yes, to quote John Malaney imitating Mick Jagger, not funny, but it does.
Speaker 4: Seeing owner of a lonely herd, driver of a lonely car. Okay, all is forgiven.
Speaker 5: Driver up alone a car much better than a driver up my normal car.
Speaker 1: Fancy Wills, what song does the horn play?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 4: Classy he's got no horn. Don't quite get the gag.
Speaker 2: But having no horn, I guess a classic car doesn't need always the car. That would be fun, except then someone would go, dando, do you have any Spanish or Mexican heritage? You can't be doing a car horn that does? Look what what could I have to do?
Speaker 4: Would be a good horn?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Tequila would be a good Australian one would have to be like it would have to be like the angels, and that may.
Speaker 4: That you push you do do do do do do? If you drive a Toyota, that was your horn.
Speaker 2: If you drive, can we think of any other songs about the car?
Speaker 4: If you're driving a Bogan, you do?
Speaker 2: Let's continue, I think much like the writers of Simpsons season nineteen. We ran that joke into the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's knocking bar on escapeboard saying come on, come over right with yes and this These jokes are going on far too long. That's the only time that he really intersected the stories, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but basically tells him respect can't be bought much like love. So then they say unlike love.
Speaker 2: Unlike love, love can be bought respect unlike That's what I meant to say, sorry, which is also a sort of a shout out to Robert de Niro, who was a Scores as a regular. Of course, he directed a movie called a Bronxtown, which is about a young boy growing up in the Bronx acturally who sort of torn between his dad, who's just a stand up nine to five guy, and the local mobster, who is the local mobster and really glamorous. And there's a line and about you know, is it better to be loved or feared? And I think they say something bad, no, because for your last longer than love. Yeah. So that felt like a little bit of a shout out, which could be deliberate or could be a complete accident.
Speaker 4: Who knows straws clutched them.
Speaker 2: At least seven straws to drink all this.
Speaker 4: But basically this is where bart realized I'm gonna I'm going to do something about this, you know, I'm going to be the cool kid. And they start this weird weather tornado in the car and whatnot. Yeah again, I don't know what was going on there. Anyway, Skinner and will You are playing basketball. He's trying to get foul.
Speaker 2: Duka doesn't want to play a Skinner, but Skinner keeps offering more fowls, which I guess is the foreshadowing that, Oh okay, this is why Willie would betray Skinner.
Speaker 4: Why bart would think that?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: But yeah, why why we.
Speaker 2: Watching the episode would go oh okay, so that's why Willy has gone to Barton said.
Speaker 4: He doesn't like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because god, he's making me play basketball.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, So bart then put something in his shoes, which you find out is what is it? Their metal? Metal moves them. Yeah, Skinner shows off the new flex plan for the lunches doesn't include like meat, vegetables and dairy and what but you start slipping around, you know it's one Tommy curse. No, of course it starts moving around crazy because but a funny line and pretty well delivered by Harry Bart, is revealed under the stage with the magnets making the move Bugs Bunny with the golf ball in space Jam, Fuck.
Speaker 2: Space Jam.
Speaker 4: Speaking of space Jam, the voice of Bugs Bunny in space Jam was one Billy West, who I spoke to last week.
Speaker 2: Clang, okay, that's great.
Speaker 4: I mean it's on the gym Cummings boat. That's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, was this one of those ones we had to wake up like three in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was blue three forty five am okay. And this was the one where he said he I'm not going to Billy, good for you. I'll be in dream land trying to think of screw or whatever. Bobby in bed, trying to think of what words mean. I think he won that reund but it's revealed.
Speaker 4: He's celebrated. Oh my god, it's Bart.
Speaker 2: He's on.
Speaker 4: He's what a funny thing he's done. But Skinner says he's going to use the Catholic School punishment God, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of capital punishment.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a couple of punch. Catholic School punished. Sorry, the guideline book, which is you know, getting this strap and whatnot? If no one admits to who they are and Donnie falls on the sword because you know, he respects his style and but says, you know, I always take care of my friends. So he's earned his trust. Now, yes, now it's revealed that he's actually the spy. He did that so these real culprit would come forward and say, why do you do that? So they find out it's Bar and we're going to put Bar away for a long long time. I'm pretty sure ten days is a long time for a kid. True. Yes, I mean we have a great granted, I suspend suspended time out, so we didn't really have what you mean like from my school. So we had time out after school detention or suspended.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was never suspended. I had detention.
Speaker 4: So time out was you had to stay inside when it was lunchtime and stick around and just sit in the room and do nothing, do work. Detention was stay after school for an hour. And the tension seems like a fucked up concept. It's like parents have shiit to do. True, if my kid was naughty, punish him a school whatever, but don't take an hour out of my fucking time, because like, I can't pick at five o'clos is my time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what are you doing?
Speaker 4: No, I'm fucking taking If a school said your kid's got detention, I'm pretty sure as a parent you can just go nah nah, they don't don't have the authority of the of the children, right, you can literally, as a parent, just go, I'm actually taking them. You can't keep them. I mean, you're you're the problem with modern education. I mean we we think that, you know, oh, at school, we gott follow them. It's like, yeah, I understand that, but between nine to three, do what you want. But after three o'clock, I'm taking my kid home. That's a good point. Yeah, I mean, hopefully you would reach some kind of compromise. We'll be like, okay, yes he messed up, but you know he's on my clock. Now I'll punish time, and it's on that's all because of you, so you don't have to. But yes, as I said, Donni's owned the trust. I liked this gag here. I don't know whether I'm ridden this wrong right, Maybe I'm clutching at straws as well. He says, we've tried previous people to try and break the art program. Utter Ralph and what was it that.
Speaker 2: Dog gardens council?
Speaker 4: Right, not the Doug. I don't keep it, Dougod's gone missing and Ralph is a bit of an idiot. Now are they saying that that's the reason because they were used as spies and Bart got to them.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that's the reason Ralph has gone from lovably naive to completely fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, AND's gone now and gone?
Speaker 2: Who else did they mentioned that.
Speaker 4: Ralph and Doug?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I wondered that they're using that as a reason why Ralph gone completely just gone full Ralph. It's because he was They tried to use him as a spy and bartum never got full Ralph. No, never got full Ralph. They pretend he pretends to yellow Donnie in front of bars, but trust him and things. He's getting in trouble. And bus has come to my player and got a place with a view, and they're eating the blue called twizzlers, yeah, up in Bart's treehouse.
Speaker 2: But it's basically liquorice, right, it's red liquor yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But for some reason, I really love the delivery from Tofa. Here you can really taste the blue. It just seems like that's a care Look.
Speaker 2: I ragged one grades earlier. The guy can deliver a line, A good a good one line.
Speaker 4: I find him more a comedic actor as opposed to a serious actor. Yeah, I mean, I mean like an act obviously, but I can buy him more as like a goofy comedic role. Yes, the good light comedy lead. Yeah, but just the idea of tasting the blue. You can taste when you you say, what is what we taste like? I can taste it. It's like a bubble bubble gummy flavor. Yes, that's right. Yeah, what does purple taste like? It's grape you know. So when there's lollies, though, you go, I don't want a grape one. I want a purple one. Yeah, I don't. I don't like yellow flavor. I don't like yellow flavor. It's like, well it's lemon.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to eat too my sugar these days, so I'm getting twenty percent sugar.
Speaker 4: He didn't go fifty one because the fifty one is shit, right.
Speaker 2: The fifty ones aren't bad, but they're also in a smaller bad. They get less of them, and they get less of them and they cost more. This seems counterproductive on various level.
Speaker 4: I've got a story about that as well, which you'll get to you when you finish your story.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but you know you open up your snake's baces like, oh a red one, a yellow one, a green one, then the ones are just blank, like they're no color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's just like lemonade. That's a good way.
Speaker 2: But I guess that's I guess that's what's except them really taste. It's just ways like snake.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a flat sprite or a flat solo.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a thank you for clarifying that, because I'm like, did some just not go through the process.
Speaker 4: That literally meant to be lemonade? Yeah, lemonee, not lemon lemonade.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you'd.
Speaker 4: Never heard that.
Speaker 2: When what's Mitch and I did when we all did the movie Guys, we're talking about the the Eddie Murphy thing where he's impersonating Elvis Presley.
Speaker 4: So I've never seen Delirious. I've never seen raw. Yeah, but is it delirious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, where he's talking about how they put Elvis in movies. And Nelvis couldn't act, so he's saying all these lines.
Speaker 4: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: It was the ones with lemonade. Lemon that cool refreshing drink. Yeah, any one in my generations, I'll just do that eleven a cool refreshing drink. Oh, we're entertaining ourselves and entertaining you.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, though, now we alway talking about the chicken su Luk as I get from my favorite place here in gil Long. I'm not going to name him because I'm gonna kind of put them down a little bit here. Times are tough to get it right. Cost of living in Australia. They put the prices up by three dollars, right, so be it right. But when I asked for double meat, now, motherfuckers ain't getting double meat. And I got it once a couple of about three weeks ago, and I was like, this feels not. I got one a week later and I was like, it's like you've done a drug deal. It's like, man, yeah, I look at Talbot's holding it. I said, Nicola, because Nicola. I used to weigh them and as a joke to say, who's got the heaviest one? Right, Like when we get them right, and they still always don't know how they fucking did.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 4: Used to always be between six hundred and fifty grams, six hundred and seventy right, Okay, the last one I got was five hundred and ten, So there's one hundred and fifty grands of chicken fucking gone missing. So I'm paying three dollars extra, right, plus extra two dollars for the double chicken.
Speaker 2: You pay more and getting it getting less, I'm just like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, if I can keep getting these things, guys go out. One hundred fift grabs of chicken is a.
Speaker 2: Lot, right, That's a that's a sizeable amenergy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like, I'm just like, this used to be full and now it's not full.
Speaker 2: Paying more and getting less is something that will never happen on the Forefinger discount net work. No, you can pay more and you'll get a bit. You have a lot of shit, chip. You can pay more and get the same, But you get this shit.
Speaker 4: Early, and you get it without any ads, and you get bonus stuff as well. Yeah, speak at the heel talking signfowld Taz. The Futurama movie reviews so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the way I served that to you so you could do a bit of Sprigan followed it back. Folleyed it back to you. I said, follied, this is a folly.
Speaker 4: Yes, but anyway, so basically, yeah, so Uda, Ralph and Doug he go, they've all failed to try to get to the bart system.
Speaker 2: They're all up in the in the treehouse though.
Speaker 4: That's right. They're having the blue chooes. That's why we go to it, of course. Yeah, and then he reveals the scams. They're going to be doing all these very scams. So you're going to rig the is it the they could read the cootie catcher and things like that. They've got the answers for tests, all these kind of things. So basically they're telling them all the secrets to Donnie, not knowing that he's the he's the mole, he's a snitch. And then they have a juice box fight. They sprayed Lisa. Lisa goes to leave inside, she sees Margine with different colors.
Speaker 2: They've all got different colors as well. Yes, one's purple, ones red.
Speaker 4: It's very nice. Marge is then doing her source hackers we've already discussed, and unlocks the car from the inside.
Speaker 2: I do like Lisa being all included. Yeah, that's fun funds only fun of everyone's having fun. It's true, that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unlocks the car from the inside. Margine turned on by this, so they go for a cruise. The roof comes down, They've got some wine glasses and yeah, and then they called to say that the car is ready. You can pick it up after hours, nighttime.
Speaker 2: Why is Guy's going the extra mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah he is, Yeah, and was home. Thoma says, enjoy the sounds of us making love.
Speaker 2: I thought some grinding of gears and there was a transmission.
Speaker 4: Yes, poor wise guy, I thought he's gonna get some actual action.
Speaker 2: He looked suitably perturbed by what's going on. Yes, but then tries all the pranks. But they just keep getting foiled, don't they. How is this happening? What's going on here? To the sound the soundtrack of the drop Kick murvies, was it shipping up to? Is it shipping up the bosx?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is just iconic for that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the medioca learning habits whatever it is, he does the spit ball in the skinner's face, which is actually note saying look out for the band candy. It feels it with carrots the art class, but is going to moon the the is it the photogopia? Yeah, it gets pushed into the art class and he stuck because yeah by Skinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then Willie tells him there's a mole in here, like there's someone on the inside. But thanks him. Then he tattoos his arm.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, they go too far with Willly these days, just they make it just weirdly perverse.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's odd. But then we get the chase sequence of Bart trying to chase after who this person is is really directly from the departed? Yeah, which it's great. Well, yeah, he ends up in the immunization. Well, I guess you're not injection umunization. I guess needleroom gets the measles. Now the voice of Luncheley Doris here was not Doris grad I think she passed away by this point.
Speaker 2: It was trust me, Neil.
Speaker 4: He just tells stress she puts the needle in, that's just a guiding hole for the real needle. Then he takes the boys out. You know, it's kind of like when what's the movie? Is it Good Fellows or is it Casino? Where the guys get beaten out in the field. Oh that's casino casina. Yeah, brutal. He's still alive.
Speaker 2: He's still alive, still breathing, He's already dead.
Speaker 4: Horrifying, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Someone I thought I could trust is a rat. Now let's see. Is it my best friend, my other best friend or a kid I just met.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Grab Neil has his legs. Here's the rat. You grew tired of always being in my shadow? No, I like your shadow. It's nice and cool. Don't worry. We'll get him out in a couple hours. Oh my gosh, it's an our house.
Speaker 5: It from the future.
Speaker 1: Oay, I'm in here. Be quiet, robo party.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, gros, Yeah, it's it's not cool.
Speaker 2: Let's to give you the other day because I think of Simps some stuff. I'm sure I talked about the past, and I'm sure everyone has seen the past as a girl who was either on because it predates TikTok. But she did.
Speaker 4: Marge doing you done so many times? Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she did another, did another one, She did another one where it was you did Millhouse as Fredo from the end of Godfather, too, was like, I can't do Millhouse. I'm smart and I deserve respect. Yeah, I'm smart now like everybody thinks of But it was a pitch perfect millhouse. Yeah, I gotta find and send it to you. Yeah, but I suppose it the massacre.
Speaker 4: Boy, you gotta do that.
Speaker 2: You're gotta do that every time you do it.
Speaker 4: That's a really cool photo behind the scenes photo of the judge of his mouth, so before before they put the thing in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, where he put the the cotton buds in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's just like so. Homer then sees he's with Lisa from the car bragging about his learning car. He gets to the mechanic and realize that they're selling it for ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Lisa is very impressed because yeah, she gets to not only listen to n PR, but actually donate to them in real time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Homer can't stand the fact they're going to sell his car looks part of the family, so he swaps them back.
Speaker 2: How much were they going to sell it for ninety nine dollars?
Speaker 4: Correct? Just gonna shoot them.
Speaker 2: To a weird bunch of dudes.
Speaker 4: I had so right. Yeah, I don't think my car has been at the front for like a year. Now because I was never use it, right, I'm just gonna we're gonna scrap it, honestly, but then we won't have the same car. I organized Wednesday, So tomorrow they're gonna come. Because when we went to England, my my parents lost my keys. I don't know where keys. I think get a new keys cut for the car, right, right, So that's why I.
Speaker 2: Said, I think a lot of bad should happened while you were in here.
Speaker 4: I did. That's why I haven't driven the car since. I was like, we'll get to when we get just the car.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: This stuff happened, other stuff happened, yeah, but basically so the cars will be sitting there for a year, right. This guy knocks like one of the others, right, A whole year's been sitting there, right. I organized the keys cut wednesday. Can I sleep in there? This guy knocked on the door yesterday the Monday, right, So I caught off the organized yesterday right Monday afternoon. He's got off the door. He goes interested in selling your car, mate. I was like, yeah, maybe I've like, I know, we don't use all that often. He goes, how much you want for it? I was like, I don't know what would you be to offer. HEAs because I buy I buy him fixed up cars and he goes a thousand bucks and I was like, mate, it's a ba XR six turbo. I'm like eight son for a thousand bucks like the car. The car's work a lot. Well. Then he goes, ah, it's a turbo. Is like yeah, he has well, if you interests let me know. I'm like, yeah, no worries. I go, I can hit it him editing knock on the door again. No ship. Like a minute later, he goes, I spoke to my mate. We take three grand and I was just like, nah, no thanks mate, put like a new gearbox in it, like three years ago. They cost me three and a half in the loan. He's like, oh enough, I know if he's my card, if you if you want, if you want to stut, let me know, I can make in. I mean at Land knocked the door again. He goes, you take five and a half.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you've got from one thousand face two minutes, like is either the best negotiator or the absolutely worse.
Speaker 4: He's like, you take five and a half. I'll talk to my wife. He goes right, no, worries. But if you if you want any more, just just like we want this cart and let me know. I'm like you. Just if yes, I do want more, then that you're going to take more.
Speaker 2: You pay more, Yeah, find a ceiling for yourself and say no, I'll take ten. Yeah, at which point he's gonna have to start going backwards like ten because it's just like a thousand bucks. No, he's really I was like no, Nos. Three and a half, five and a half.
Speaker 4: Your talk of.
Speaker 2: Keys remind me of suddenly that happened to me the other day.
Speaker 4: If you don't mind this, did you meet Alisha p Did you meet Alisha? I don't know that, man. Oh no, it's a joke. Use better references.
Speaker 2: You should have said Sabrina Carpenter. Well, I thought you were.
Speaker 4: Gonna do that wet dream to me? Have seen that meme? I have no hot TWI girl's a it's a new thing. She went on his interview on his Interviews podcast. Right, she goes, it's an old rap, and the guy's like, it's the it's the fucking his name isscaes me. But he's just one of those right wing TV hosts right and Bill.
Speaker 2: Maher Bill ma Bill maher, Oh yeah, it was creepy. Yeah, Bill Mars kind of creepy. Yeah. Have you seen that clip because he has that thing Club Rand where he basically just gets stoned.
Speaker 4: And interviews people. Yeah, yeah, so he was talking about it was the one where.
Speaker 2: Steve I was only said making it not smoked because I'm trying to like stay sober, and Bill was like, it's dip sure off by Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so she says like Jays' like, eh, guys, that that New York summit but wet dream tomato. And then they finally was like New York canquerit jungle wet dream tomato. That's all we can hear.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Girl, she has got it.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest thing. She starts off with this off color and quite frankly awesome Gegerbets spitting on someone.
Speaker 4: But young I showed Nichola had never heard of her, right yesterday, I was like, have you heard of She's?
Speaker 3: Like? Who?
Speaker 4: I showed it.
Speaker 2: She was like, what a girl. She's just the most wholesome, awesome chip. You know, she's throwing at the first baseball and doing the Dad didn't give a ship, didn't give a ship she's raising money for pet bar She's fantastic.
Speaker 4: We love Hawk Twig Girl, come on the truck and I wet Dream Tomato.
Speaker 2: Love it. I'm walking past my guy for a walk, walking past my front garden. I guess, like what It's a pair of boots that are not mine, two cigarette lighters, a tube of like poor poor lip stuff, and a.
Speaker 4: Set of keys in your front lawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not quite on the lawn, but in like a garden section of your property of my inside my fence. And I'm like, I guess I'm gonna get I guess someone's gonna come back for these in a little bit. I'm gonna have my walk and then I'll set up a camera. Right, Well, maybe I should Yeah, is it still there? Well yeah, I mean I came back today. No, No, this was a couple of days ago. Like they were there for a while. No one's coming to collect them. So I'm like, well, I'm going to straighten up these boots and put them in the corner. I'm gonna put the lighters in there. I looked on the keys. There's a tag with a number on it, and I'm like, I should text this number. But at the same time, do I want to bring this energy into my life? I would, well, because now you never know who it was. Well I know.
Speaker 4: I mean I've got to return these keys.
Speaker 2: They're still there. Yeah yeah, oh ship. Now, so I'm doing that today. When we're wrapped up here, I'm gonna take say, no, no, you know.
Speaker 4: What that is? What is it? Someone's being killed. They've taken their boots off and thrown their ship in your front lawn.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Do I want to bring it checked off your bit out the back? Is it a body in there? Well yeah, but I mean I put that there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fair enough.
Speaker 4: So are they women's boots on men's boots? They look.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's twenty twenty four. Give the times they get what they look. They look mainly okay at the same time, not that big two segarette lighters, two cigarette lighters, you know that.
Speaker 4: Poor poor stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like it comes in a rich cube and a set of keys, and the keys having a tag with a number on.
Speaker 4: Can we call them right now? Do you take a photo of the number?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, damn, we could have caught on the show. Well, should we do it? Later. Let's do it. Yeah, let's do it later.
Speaker 2: This could goes wrong in so many ways.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you find out next week's show where the guy if guys know here, you know he.
Speaker 2: Was killing and I'm Mitch, okay, guys there.
Speaker 4: But let's go let's go up this. It's apisode, shall we Okay? But still so homo sid right, Oh, very very weird. So Homer's swapped the car back and that's just the end of that story, just pointless. He said, yeah, but noticed the Skinner's blue tongue when they're trying to set up the banner of whatever it was, and he realized, oh shit, that's what it's him. It's it's Donnie. So they changed plans on their way to Skinner's house and it's revealed here we know it was you. And then's revealed that.
Speaker 2: Willy's in it as well. Yeah, he's a rat within a rap. Well before that though, actually I've got so I've got my notes.
Speaker 4: Willis in on it. WILLI is the one that opens the door. So he's actually looked trick Bart into thinking that you know, Donnie's he's helping him out because he lets Donny into the into the building, reveals that they got him from the orphanage. That's why he did it. You kind of feel sorry for Donnie here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he's been played by the system as much as else which is in The Departed as well. You got these two young cops who are you know, one's one's undercover, one's undercover. But but the crooks like, yeah, but they've been manipulated since they were kids essentially.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so they're going to fizz him. But then it's revealed that Willy was also on the inside, and they've got all the coke there coke and all the mentos. Donnie, he says, Donnie, you can be happy knowing that you betrayed the one boy who cared about you. So he says, now, fuck this face. Turn pushes the pushes the coke or the mentos whatever. They crash into each other and it causes the big fizz, the big fizz, Yes.
Speaker 5: Skinner, Skinner, I'm all right, sir, don't ever scare me like that again.
Speaker 4: And then we get Donnie leaving, you know, just to survive or whatever. Kind of a weird wrap.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah, but still going to be in trouble. I'm guessing, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, but no, he says, I should hang out more, make nunchucks. This is the thing. The ending wasn't wrapped up in a sense enough where if you're watching, you would expect Donnie just still be at school. Why would he not be at school anymore?
Speaker 2: That's true. I mean maybe being at school, getting an education and all that kind of stuff, being becoming a respectable member of society is the price he has to pay for being snitch. And it's like, well, no, I'm not gonna be a snitch. I'm not going to sell out my friend, and so he has to just go on the run.
Speaker 4: Could you just go to the good To place and say, these guys got me from the orphanage, they bought me if they bought me, so then we get Ralph saying rat symbolize obviousness, and that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look the rat at the end of The Departed. If you haven't seen The Departed, it's all about, you know, snitches and rats and all that kind of stuff. And at the very end you see a rat scurrying across the balcony of the nice apartment that Matt Damon used to have and it's like there were people who are actually saying, can we crab on to get that editor out of the movie.
Speaker 4: And it's like the two on the nose. It's a bit on the nose.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don't think the sense it's in any position to take shots that Martin's gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, but as a film there though, he's sort of like laughing at the fact that they probably think the same thing. I guess so because you probably you said you would pay to be part of the crowdfund together. I would not, Oh you wouldn't. You don't mind? Some people take a bit too seriously, don't they? They do a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we're all for Tofa Grace re editing the prequels, the prequels into one movie because the prequels will still exist. What do we learn Bomber?
Speaker 4: All right, so what did you learn from the debarted? Mister Davis? Don't be a snitch? Snitches get stitches?
Speaker 3: Do they?
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably not. They probably live a pretty good life.
Speaker 4: I learned that, you know, the mentos and diet coat thing, as does that actually work?
Speaker 2: I want to try. It's made me want to try it was it? Is it myth Busters the show that does things like that where they bust myths. Yeah, they bust myths, bust and makes them feel good. I'm pretty sure they've done the thing with it. Yeah, let's put Mentos in the dicoke. I've always thought it was the toxic combination, was like wizbis and coke.
Speaker 4: What's the one where they even legend is like, was it mentos? They drop into the bottom, put their mouth over and it shoots up?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that?
Speaker 4: What that is? There's some videos where they.
Speaker 2: It sounds like something I would watch and enjoy it. It sounds a bit hot, it sounds.
Speaker 4: A bit hock. Anyway, That is our review of the de Bart, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yes tour you're watching on YouTube. Thank you for checking out the show. Do forget to subscribe to the channel, Give us a thumb up and come up blow and tell us what you thought of the debut. We'd love to hear from meation every one of you, And for those of you who are watching YouTube, goodbye. You're not going to see this next bid, which is.
Speaker 2: Called the New Name Challenge. Oh wow, we're so on the same nineteen seasons. We're still going to get this shit right. You keep going the new Name Challenge, Guy Dave's New Name Challenge.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: From name forward, your name will be.
Speaker 4: It is, of course, the Guy Davis New Name Championship for the Debarted. We're recording this on a separate day from what we did the previous stuff. Don't show them what goes on last episode but didn't last I addressed to the part and you're like, ah, you pulled the curtain right back.
Speaker 2: That's true. We don't have the cameras on or anything like that.
Speaker 4: It's just audio this time. And yes, it is the It's.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's the New Name Challenge. Sometimes it's the Guy Davis New Name Championship. Anyway, it's new names. It's new names for the Departed, which have a pretty good title. These are three pretty good ones as well.
Speaker 4: The reason that we're doing on a separate day, though, let you guys know, is because we're given the patrons the next couple of days to come up with some new names.
Speaker 2: Was that it Yes, well it's not out of any disorganization's because not because of you know, what is a book week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, book Week's crazy don't. I don't get in the book work. But so when did you post it? Was it the monday that you posted as for new names? I thought it was over the weekend. It was over the weekend, Okay, a couple of days, Like, let's give a few extra couple of days. You're very thoughtful. Yeah, you're very We are thought for people here at four thick discount. But one of us is what's your one? Two?
Speaker 2: Three? Okay?
Speaker 4: Did we want to the current leaderboard board? People were invested? Yeah, on thirteen points in first position. We have Jared Hornby in second position on twelve points and says he Adam moorehouse and in third position Phil Hawkins on nine he.
Speaker 2: Hasn't got his jay back yet. But let's see what happens after this one point goes to don't do what Donnie does.
Speaker 4: That is all first time ever on the leaderboard. I think Andrew JP JP for the one pointer.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, is he doing straying out of the mail? I know, get into your line, mate, Stay in your lane, buddy. But we're very welcome to welcome you, very happy to welcome you to the New Name Challenge, New Name Championship. And yeah, well don you you got you're a wild card entry. Yes, I'd end up winning something at the this who knows two points go to Spey cant number.
Speaker 4: That's a good name. Spikeer rumber spike and runs not bad. I like it a bit of a throwback there, or Phil Hawkins with the two points there, Hawkins is coming back. This is sort of getting into second gear now.
Speaker 2: So gonna earn those stripes, buddy.
Speaker 4: Phil Hawkins now outright, still third on eleven points, is only one point behind second now and he is only two points behind first Joe hornby two points we had first.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happens when I give three points to snitch perfect.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, oh boy, it's Jared Hornby.
Speaker 2: Running off it in the distance, showing everybody's heels.
Speaker 4: He is Jared Horby. Now Jared Hornby goes from thirteen six damage makes him now for clear in first position because Paul Adam willhusedn' get any points this week.
Speaker 2: So wow, we're approaching the end of the AFL footy season here and here in Australia, and it's like, can the cats just pull away a little bit more and you know, get near the top of the ladder at the end of the season, you know, give themselves a bit of a chance at the you know that's for the flag. As the finals approach. You know, American listening going, what are they talking about? This is who is how we feel when you talk about the electoral College. By the way, not to get all political, but the Democratic National Convention has been happening. I want to give a shout out. I don't know if you're listening, but Tim No, Gus Walls, if you want to be a fan of the show, we might even throw you a free patron thing because that kid just rocks.
Speaker 4: I love him as your view watching it, Bobby, that's my dad very much. He was shut up.
Speaker 2: That's my son then, But Gus top kid like that guy lot so.
Speaker 4: Charon hornby sixteen points, Adam Wirehouse and Phil Hawkins on eleven.
Speaker 2: So it's first, second and third. Very tight there, I mean four points isn't huge lead. We only have the episodes rubbing his hands together. Yeah, oh, very close.
Speaker 4: We only have to episode twelve of the season. There's still ten more episodes ago, plenty of time to catch up.
Speaker 2: There are I thought there were twenty episodes this season.
Speaker 4: Twenty this season, was there or maybe because of this movie they only did twenty. Let's have a look, shall we, Simpsons season nineteen.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice for me to get something right, brit Chane.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you probably out there are only twenty you great, Yeah, I don't gold Staff there was only eighteen I think last year. Wow, because of the Riders strike. Yeah, it was the shortest season since the first one.
Speaker 2: Lowsy writers always wanting more.
Speaker 4: In season seven there were twenty five episodes. That's crazy, right, that's pretty insane. That is crazy Adams, that is Adam. It's mind. Yes, all right, guys, that is the new name championship for this week. The next episode of season nineteen we shall be reviewing, which would be next week's show will be dial N for Neurder.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Martin. Yeah, Martin players a significant part.
Speaker 4: Yes, he does. I remember actually watching this one when at first and it was.
Speaker 2: A beep deal. Okay, I'm looking forward.
Speaker 4: I think I've watched it since. For Martin, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I saw some tip jar where it was like, here's a tip, put a pinture sage in your boots and every day, every step will be a spicy reward. God bless that boy.
Speaker 4: The older we get, the more we see a little bit ourselves in Martin, Oh very much a young you.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 4: I'm not but my Conda, Yeah, I was a Martin. Was the combination of Lisa Millhouse and Martin. Want you say the slightly book smarts of of Lisa, the what would you say? The flamboyantness of Martin and the darkness what was the point dexter ish pot is of Millhouse? Anyway, that'd be next week dial and for note has been debarded. Thanks again for if your support, do not forget, please continue If you've already done so, thank you. If you have not yet and you listen to us on Spotify, Chuck five stars as a review, it is much appreciated. Also Apple podcast do the same thing else. If you want to support the show for us little is just one thingle dollar we do per month, you can support us on Patreon. Link is in the description of this podcast patreon dot com slash four finger discount mister Davis and you find words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 2: Remember kids, Fund's only fun if everyone's having fun.
Speaker 3: S