Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the CEO pre show for episode four eighty nine. For eighty nine Holy Shit, brought to you by the wonderful patrons at Patreon dot com slash CEO podcast, whether they like it or not, Yes, very much so. And every time we do a new a new week of CEO, I think, man, we're getting close to five hundred, and then I think of Las Vegas, and then I think all the freakin' awesome stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the pre show. See you next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kidding. No, I'm excited to get to Vegas. I'm gonna eat tacos and I'm gonna go somewhere where I can get a pizza that you have to fold in half and then eat it like it's a like a like a taco.
Speaker 2: Like a New York style pizza. But you're in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I'm excited to do both of those things. I have you and some of the other house members have tickets to the after party. I did not acquire some due to constraints that I have, but so you know, there'll be a contingent that goes to the after party, and the contingent goes to the after party. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, last time, we we've done stuff like that before where we split up, and I think first pre show lesson, before we get to the booster pack game, before we get to planning for tomorrow's show. Oh shit, first pre show lesson. When you go on a holiday, a trip, a vacation with a group, or even your family, not everybody needs to do the same all stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean and Ryan rarely do the same stuff. We don't see each other for pretty much the entire day.
Speaker 2: Wait. Yeah, we leave it like nine in the morning to go to the thing, and we get back and it's like ten pm. It's like, hey, how you doing.
Speaker 1: You're here too, I didn't know it. You're still kicking I sure am oh bit for you a man, Let's see if we can do better tomorrow. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like every time we were just talking about our family vacation that we just took with with Rebecca's family, It's like we didn't have to do the same stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just go and have fun. Yeah, that's the point of being on vacation. That's why you do it. I think I've only ever done that one. And I just did my own thing and you did your own thing, and we congealed in the middle like gelatine and it was fun.
Speaker 2: Like a green blob?
Speaker 1: Yes, or what color was the blob in the blob?
Speaker 2: Also green?
Speaker 1: It was a black and white movie, so I guess it's kind of it's up to interpretation. I always pictured it being green.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, however, though you could picture kind of light pink.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's just because of Ghostbusters, I suppose because their extoplasm was was that pink color? I think that you had a speak to me dirty Yeah, big pink blobs sliming around. I don't know, man, there's something big pink blob.
Speaker 2: That's my wife called me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't google that probably Hey, it's yeah, the big pink bikes.
Speaker 2: Speaking of big bond blobs, big pink blobs, Yeah, we have last week's booster pack game winner.
Speaker 1: Big pink blob.
Speaker 2: Yes, well close, actually, oh shit. They commented on last week's show that they were excited or hoping hopeful for Coalition victory to be unbanned in Commander Oh man. They were right, yes, good for them, freaking I good for them, and you are so happy I found one of those fuckers in my bulk box, and.
Speaker 1: More for them than for you, because they are going to be on the receiving end of a CCEO sticker pack, a CECO token pack, or some lame ass pack of regular old magic to gather cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm down for whatever. But two of the last three booster pack taker winner takers of booster packs of magic cards said, actually, just donate it to the CCO experience, which is pretty fricking cool.
Speaker 1: That is pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have to dig through Uncle Brendo's sock or to find packs for everybody.
Speaker 1: Now, that's pretty nice. Yeah, it's sweaty in there.
Speaker 2: I hate doing it.
Speaker 1: I find that if I wash my socks too often they get holes in them. So I just like wear them and then I put them back into a little ball and put them back in the drawer shot and that way, when I pull them out again, people will think that they have been washed because it's been a couple of weeks since you've seen me in them.
Speaker 2: Ah, but bacteria can grow in them. What if you get like a toenail.
Speaker 1: Fungus, Well, it'll be covered by a delightful sock from Sock Rocket out of Edmonton, Calgary, and nobody's gonna notice. Ah and since my socks are in my shoes all the time, it's the worst that could happen. Really, it's like the wet.
Speaker 2: CROs the winner. Oh yeah, of last week's booster backing Brian Mogues.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an actual name almost for the part. Oh yeah, Brian, Yeah, like that's definitely a name.
Speaker 2: Two nine four six kind of sounds dirty to.
Speaker 1: Nine four six, Yes, because he has twenty nine foreskins.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: There, we did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get after commander Cook at gmail dot com, tell us that you want, tell us your address or if you'd like to donate to the CCO experience.
Speaker 1: Very good, Yes, Now, how do they win this week? Do you think we didn't? Really?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want? It's kind of the same as last week, but yeah, yeah, what didn't get unbanned that you wish did? Or what game changer got added to the list that you don't think.
Speaker 1: Should have Mishra's factory or workshop or whichever workshops workshop.
Speaker 2: Yeah I read that and I was like, wait a second, that card's not even oh yeah, it's it's the expensive one for antiquity.
Speaker 1: We're going to have the same conversation on the show. But I had this conversation with the dude bros at EDH and M last night, which I have a quick story about that as well, real fast Mishra's Workshop being on the game changer list. Be honest with me, when was the last time you even thought about that card even in your mind? Like, when was the last time its existence dawned upon you?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, the existence dawning upon me has happened enough times that I don't remember this time from that time. But the one and only time I saw it in a game, I did lose that game. It was and I've told the story on the show. It's the story where the guy went Coslic turn one, Coslic turn one with the lightning greeves on it. Yet and it was. I want to say that it was either an ancient tomb or a Mishra's workshop into a metal worker with other artifact Mana and.
Speaker 1: For Grieves for tap for Manas.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was the it was metal worker that he got and gave it. Hayes then got the coslic. So whether it was ancient Tomb or Mishra's Workshop, both of those are game changers and either would have gotten the job done. And by the end of his Turn one there was a hasty ten power coslic with Annihilator four. So like math checks out in that limited example.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's move on to the second question, refining questions to ask you what it was that the only time you've ever seen that card in a sleeve in play in real life.
Speaker 2: In Commander in Commander, Yes, yes, because I have played cubes that it's been in and my very first experience with our buddy Mitch that that played Power and he is my gifts on given story for tomorrow did have a Mischer's Workshop in the deck that he gifts on given to me friend Ryan.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. So the point is that's a strange inclusion. I think I think it was just on there for budgetary purposes because I feel like the the cost of the card probably like negates it from most there was a human people that want to buy one.
Speaker 2: There was a really good quote in Gavin's article about Workshop and if I find it, I find it. If I don't, oh here though not highly played due to its difficulty to acquire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. That means it costs a lot of money, and there's not very many of them out there, and let's be honest, Rudy probably owns most of them, just like Bizarre Bagdad.
Speaker 2: Also, yes, yeah, the thing about Workshop and its inclusion like Tabernacle at pedro Vail is it's multiple thousands of dollars to own a piece of cardboard because it was printed in nineteen ninety three and because that, and also it happens to be among the I don't know, top thirty most powerful cards in the game. Let's just pretend sure, sure, if you lose to it, you'd say, oh, that's why it's pay to play, and you're like, fuck, you can't argue with that. You can't argue with that. That makes sense. Like every even though it's wrong, everything is correct there when you the moment you lose to a Workshop or a Tabernacle or Gaya's Cradle, like it's just fuck, that's it. And especially if you're a lesser experienced player, where you know that all you need to do is pack like a one dollar fricking destroyed target non basic land card in your deck and they have to search for a basic. Yeah, you don't know if that card exists, like not enough.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that last night too. It's a sorcery read one kill a non basic land, they find a basic to draw card.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the lands that do that? Not Strip Mine and Wasteland, but the other ones that let people search for basics.
Speaker 1: Tech Edge, ghost Quarter. Yeah, there's four or five of them, lots of them.
Speaker 2: Tech Edge and ghost Quarter weren't even the two I was thinking of, but those do it. Yeah, yeah, I remember when tech Edge came out. It's in the worldwek I think.
Speaker 1: Right, it was played and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good card.
Speaker 1: It was a very good card. So let me tell you some Mediah and m stories before we blow our whole load on the show tomorrow today. So we did the Mad Deck. The Tmat deck.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard, I heard has been in a total of three games. Okay.
Speaker 1: It has Draftco Genesis all three games, okay, And it has been I played Draco Genesis. I win unless you stop me from doing it. One time they asked me how yes, the other two times is like oh yeah, okay, and they just picked the.
Speaker 2: Cards up you are a piece of track.
Speaker 1: So just like I said, I brought it out to EH and M last last night. Yea, as we are recording, just to kind of give it a last hurrad to see if it is what I think it is. And it is, so she's coming apart.
Speaker 2: He's the guy like TM at Draco Genesis. He's that guy. He's like the number one draft pick that four years from now actually wins you to super Bowl. He's that guy.
Speaker 1: So I did it, and now we're gonna we're gonna dismantle that deck. It was fun to play. Oh, it's very strong, but all three games are the same. One time I even won through my Draco Genesis getting Chaos swarped.
Speaker 2: Well that's good.
Speaker 1: I put a Scourge of Vacus to kill my academy Rector to go back into my library to get the Draco Genesis back. You should have seen a look on everybody's face, so like, yeah, we got him, and I was like, well, I'll just do this so good. I even used the land I got off of the Chaos warp to play the Scourge of Balcaz And you know what, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's like he's that guy, like number one draft pick that wins you the Super Bowl, or like the hype is real panoptic mirror. Panoptic mirror in my Marvel Deep operative deck, I'm already playing ten extra turn spells. You love that deck.
Speaker 1: I hate that deck.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna put panoptic mirror there because fuck it, I'm already doing it. Like I'm already that guy. I might as well be the bat. I'm already the rat, already the guy. If you know I'm playing extra turns, you're just gonna pile on.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that tomorrow because somebody at the bar last night actually brought up a really interesting point with with panoptic mirror, and it gives.
Speaker 2: Me a farewell.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a very very very corner case situation. It's not gonna happen very often forever. Oh it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen good, and it's gonna just be demoralizing. So we'll talk about that tomorrow when we talk about the panoptic mirror.
Speaker 2: I got I got one more thing to say. This is a cool pre show thing. Okay, So I'm pulling up the article from Gavin from last week or whenever it came out to see the updates to the brackets and the game changers in the band list and all that stuff. And I saw Panoptic Mirrors unbanned, and I went, what what I just said this, Carl'll never get unbanned. I'm freaking yeah, oh my God. Immediately go into my ball box. I'm flipping through the artifacts because I know there's a Panoptic mirror way at the back of the freaking bulk section, like the second last card. I'm flipping through fucking memory Jar found one, and I'm like, wow, man, Memory, I'm gonna trade this in. It's gonna be like a fifty dollars bill.
Speaker 1: You know what I did when I went to look for my Panoptic minor, I cried because I traded them in like three weeks ago at the local game stores that I could make money for final fantasy cards.
Speaker 2: That is your final fantasy because now you've run out of money. That's mirror.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. I wasn't gonna play it anyway. I just wanted to see. If I had one, I probably would have traded them in any way. Yeah, you know what, because I know other people are gonna want them significantly more than I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way more excited than you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm actually gonna play it him a Marvel deck. I'll eat my hat. But Smitty wanted to borrow my Panoptic Mirror because we don't play with proxies. He's like, yeah, I want to put it in my calend deck because I cast from exile and Panoptic mirror. Let's let's you cast. So it's like he was totally using it fair just to play like all card draw spells that have fortel, but I can do it every turn or this is my suspend deck. It casts from exile, right, So it's like, sure, sure, if that's how I run into Panoptic Mirror in bracket three and maybe four, yep. Sure, it's just like more expensive freaking isochronceptor.
Speaker 1: They can get better stuff. But we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: Podt tomorrow as well tomorrow for eighty nine band restricted no not restricted band game changers and.
Speaker 1: Once they are kicked off the list, kicked off the list?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would you feel if you're a game changer kicked off the list?
Speaker 1: I initially read the MTG Goldfish article that came out like right after the announcement was made, and it had a mistake on it. Did you see that one? No, it wasn't Trouble in Pairs that was taken off the game changer list. It was smothering tithe Oh no.
Speaker 2: And I was like, uh, what are they thinking?
Speaker 1: What the what the fuck world are we living in? And there we are so good. So I went like half a day thinking, man, these guys are idiots. We should be on the panel because we're not idiots, and we just unbanned mostly well.
Speaker 2: Actually we oh well we would do.
Speaker 1: That, yes, because we're idiots.
Speaker 2: That's a oops, okay for eighty nine hit our theme songb
Speaker 1: Who when a right