Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. What's up, Bud, I'm watching Bud. You are so over it? Tim is over it sometimes.
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 1: This is why Tim likes the first week of the better than the first week of the main event, because he can't handle it. Okay, the guy can't handle It's it's Day one B and he's over it. He's absolutely positively over it.
Speaker 2: I played four games of Sucker this morning. I'm little tired.
Speaker 1: I mean your choice, some would say a bad choice. Your choice, your same sort of thing, same sort of thing. You know, you got. You got Philly boy Helmuth playing today. Right, he's complaining about the length of the main event. He can't play whatever. Yet he goes and does this ridiculous entrance every single year, which probably takes an extra two to three hours of his life away, energy, all that sort of stuff. So, yeah, Phil, there's a reason why you're tired. We're gonna talk about Day one B of the WSOP main event. We got Sean deeb winning Gold bracelet number seven, King hipon one Gold Bracelet number three, We'll have to touch on the PGT leaderboard because there are some notable updates that this guy right here, mister PGT Commissioner, will hit on. The six hundred dollars Poker News Deepsack is down to the final six. The ten K eight Game Championship is also down to the final thirteen. You got the eight hundred dollars Summer Celebration aka the Francis Samison Invitation. That's right, baby, that is continuing. We actually had a different event start today, a twenty five hundred dollars noloan hold him Freeze Out and then all caps can't miss community cards. I have no idea what that is, but I'm excited because it's in all caps. So let's freaking go, bete. If you're listening to the Poker Go podcast, please hit favorite on the show, like it, subscribe to it, do whatever you gotta do. Please leave us a review as well. It all does help us grow. If you're watching on YouTube, like subscribe, leave a comment. Please wherever you're watching from, let us know where you're railing, what you're most looking forward to in the WSQE MINIV and all of that sort of stuff. We are not scared of the comments. We will get in there and we will chat with you guys, So leave a comment like subscribe. You know the drill. Come on, guys, and if you don't know the drill by now the home of free online poker play pokerg dot com where Remco was oh for six and free roles today oh for six. If you don't want to spend the dime play an online poker, check out play poker Go. It's free to play, it's super easy to get into, and yes, it actually feels like real poker. Hit up play poker go dot com today or grab the app on iOS or Android and we will see you at the tables. I love this. We're talking about w's main event, baby. First thing I see on the rundown done by this guy right here because I was too busy on commentary, WS would be main and man statistics. Don't delete, Donnie, because I always delete delete. But the thing is, I know, I know, And the thing is is that I always know after I delete it that I shouldn't have deleted. I always know, you know, And then sometimes I have to go into the edit history and I have to find it and I have to put it back in there. Why don't you run us through what we got here.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about comparing flats from this year and Lassy. We touched on yesterday nine hundred and twenty three entrants in twenty twenty five versus nine hundred and fifteen today thousand and ninety six entrance thanks to a field of twenty nineteen compared to twenty twenty four. On the eight thirty one field would be seventeen forty six. That means we are trending, you would assume very far I head of all the projections everyone's been making. However, comes with a little asterix, it does, I got it. Day one B in twenty twenty four was July fourth.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Day one C in twenty twenty five will be July fourth, meaning a lot of Americans barbecue buyer works, what does he doing July fourth? Whatever?
Speaker 1: So it depends who you are. Some people might blow their fingers off.
Speaker 2: But shout out New York Giants defensive end right, Jesse Pipall, Yes, yea, who I think went to the bucks?
Speaker 1: I think he went to the bucks anyway.
Speaker 2: So the fact that we are, you know, three hundred ahead of pace last year, but we have July fourth coming. I'm actually a little worried. Are we really going to get twenty five hundred tomorrow to put us back, to keep us in line? I don't know. Yes, that's a strong yes, but either way, I just wanted to kind of touch on where we see it well. Obviously updated tomorrow, update on one D and obviously the two day two is where we can still register, but definitely ahead of pace, even with little asterisks. We kind of mentioned, you know, two hundred extras in the field already advancing and pretty much three hundred extra players in total.
Speaker 1: Men, listen, I still like my number ten thousand, six hundred and thirty three. I'm in Remco, I asked him. He said, eleven thousand. Okay, who do we see today in the hallway? Batally lunkin could be twelve, could be twelve thousand at this rate. So yeah, seven hundred and ninety nine advancing from a field size of one thousand and ninety six. Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky Grinder Grinder. Grinder Grinder is one of, if not the chip leader.
Speaker 2: He's the chip leader on pocones. We're going to do a wsop.
Speaker 1: Okay, well he put information you start with sixty K. He put two hundred and ninety seven thousand chips in the back. Good lord. And you want to know what else is crazy? You remember when he finished fifth place in the wsp Man event. What year was that? Twenty ten? I'll help you out. You know what he elseed he did before that? That year at he won the PPC. There you go, and what did he do this year? He won the PPC? Simply incredible stuff out of the grinder, grinder, grinder, we had eliminated today, Archer, march Erosian Matt Waxman, Kitty Quote, Ian Steinman, Ryan Hoenig, Allan Lee, Kakwan Lao, Johnny Chan hit the rail, oh Man, Nick Schulman, I did see Nick Shulman was in the twenty five hundred dollar freeze out, So yeah, Nick Schulman hit the rail. And then Nicholas Astett the third place finisher. Yes last year aka Lena nine hundred anyone else? He was on the feature table or one of the feature tables to close the night. So I know he finished with a round one hundred sixty K. Everyone's favorite blaster, Nick the big rig rigby mister dirty diaper himself, I believe. Yeah, he finished with the brown one hundred and sixty thousand. I think that's what I remember. Nick Marchington looks like he's europe Champion. Max Newburger, whatever it is you say, he's in the ninety three thousand. He has advancing. He's advancing today too. Max Steinberg also, Ury did well. Jason Mercier, he was on the main feature table to close the night, him and Ury's Eveleski. They finished with chips. Mike Madison bag chips. Daniel Legrandu bag chips. Phil Hellmuth bagged King Crew. Remember Gary Benson, Okay, okay, Gary Benson bagging chips. What else we got on here? He Impels he bagchips, He won the Gladiators of Poker. Paul Heizer, a former DIVASIPI Colossus winner. Kevin rabbitschiw looks like he's in there as well. So yeah, a lot of people. There were a lot of stars, a lot of big names. In one row. We had Nigranu, we had Helmuth, we had Shulman when he was still in Shulman seated with John Hennigan. Good friends somehow got the same table. Also in that section. I saw Mike Madisow, I saw Lale Marguetz, So yeah, I mean it was it was pretty packed in here. It was good today, it was it really was. Greg Merson played today. I don't know how he did, but I saw him in the other room today. He goes by the Milkman. Now he had a jersey on that said Milkman on the back of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very weird behind that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's into You should listen to the Table one podcast with him. They'll explain it all. But for those that don't want to do that, I'll just give you the cliffs. He's gotten deep into the sports betting where sorry, sports cards world breaking, and when he goes on some streams and does some breaks, he's always drinking milks. I guess he's the milk. Today's big news from the w C main event was mister Phil Hellmuth Highway to Hellmuth as it was such deemed Tim rocking the shirt here could have been in the band, So I can you can you explain to me how this went down? Like he had music for some of it, but he couldn't have music the whole way. Yea, And it was a it was a c DC Highway to back and he was saying he so he does his whole walk in and he ends up on the feature table, right, and he gets there and he starts talking about the song and he's like, yeah, you know, they didn't want to pay the licensing or whatever would have cost two un a k.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was surprised it only costs two und k. This is a c d C Highway to Hell. Is like one of the most iconic songs for like this type of rock anthem from down on. It's fantastic, and it's not like ac DC's like needs the money. So I would assume that they would just charge ultra premiums for it, you know, and be like the heck, yeah, two million go ahead licensees a song.
Speaker 2: I mean, so that's the main reason to stop on the broadcast, right, So of course, I mean I get it. Maybe she's a song.
Speaker 1: That probably probably the worst or second worst entrance I've ever seen from him. I mean, it would be the worst that that f and Darth Vader cost him. He walked in with holy crap, man, Yeah, that was that was a sixty dollars cost be quite honest, like his his main event. Entrances have severely fallen off this.
Speaker 2: Securely fixed segue rank this segment.
Speaker 1: Oh do you have it?
Speaker 2: I die?
Speaker 1: God, No, you said you were gonna bring the list, damn it. I was actually excited for a list.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, off the top of your head, what would be your favor?
Speaker 1: Not the best, but you generally is was my favorite?
Speaker 2: General? The General was good.
Speaker 1: He did this one. He did this one at w SP Europe where they like pulled him up on like a I don't even know what he was. I mean when they had when they carried him in his caesar like. That was a good one. I think it's hard to be even that nonsense where he was ripping around the parking lot.
Speaker 2: That's hard to beat that. And then you crash the NASCAR into the live post of the rear. It's tough to beat that one, to be honest. But he said some good. The boxing one, remember when he was like a UFC slash boxer. That was pretty good. There was obviously the the Gandolf gan off the White when he was all white magic. What's the one the circus The Circus Trainer, you know the Circus Trainer with with Dan Kates is the line in the cage a little bit of not not cush there. But yeah, I think Darth Vader number one worst.
Speaker 1: The one in London. He had eleven Lady Gaga impersonators kind of the song poker Face, which was the big at the time, like that was blasting. I believe that was at the Empire Casino in London. Listen this one, this one where he was dressed like Caesar on the chariot. But he's like in Leicester Square. I mean, the guy is out of control. But they've they've for all intensive persons they've sucked lately. I mean, come on, I mean he had the Darth Vader one was horrendous.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, the one that I think was kind of good since we moved over to Horseshoe and Paris, was when he was dressed up as the circus the ring mester. Yeah, but the fact that he had Jungleman in a cage was absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand the fascination with Jungleman in this whole thing. It's very weird and like today, so he comes out, he's supposed to be this rock band he's got, He's they jack Ethel announces him as highway to Helmuth. Okay, okay, I get it so far. Then he looks like a mess. Okay, he's got his son, Phil. Helmut's the third the one that plays poker is like dressed as like in the band. Okay, Jungleman is also in the band. It's just it's just like a it's just chaos. Okay, he's got this microphone. Did you see the FN microphone?
Speaker 2: I wasn't paying much attention to them.
Speaker 1: It looked like and I said this on the broadcast, it looked like a toy that my two year old plays with at home. It was just a piece of wood, like a wooden like a wooden cylinder right of it like a stick, and then the top was like another piece of wood. It wasn't like an actual microphone, like you could have just taken any microphone and just turned it off and use that and on top of it. Okay, listen to this. That because this was all sponsored by like Bette Rivers, which he's not with, they must have painted this microphone ten minutes before he came out, because his chin was yellow afterwards, because the paint wore off on his chin. We had to have Liz God bless her soul. The great stage manager Liz come in the back ask us for paper tallers or something because Phil needed to wipe the paint off his chin. The wig he was wearing was horrendous. The whole thing was ridiculous. You couldn't even really hear the music it was.
Speaker 2: It was just it was not good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry it was not good. And I and this is not to say that I don't necessarily care. Look at that thing?
Speaker 2: What is that? What is that?
Speaker 1: Come on? I mean, I mean, Chad Holloway, what are we doing, Chad?
Speaker 2: You know Phil?
Speaker 1: What is he doing? Okay? And I'm not totally against the entrances, but can we at least make them better? I mean they're so bad. When he had that skin tight Darth Vader costume, I mean, good Christ Almighty, what the heck? O God? This one was bad. When he was p t Barnum from the Circus bad. I mean, I mean, this would be very simple. This is how this should work. Okay, Phil, who's always working with Maries Gondanni, because Maury's obviously leading the production on this sort of stuff, he should reach out to Maury. And also, you know, I know why this works because Phil is a poker g ambassador. Okay, so why don't you just talk to us, talk to the great guys here on the podcast. We'll involve the entire Poker Goro team, and I guarantee we will come up with extremely good entrances for you. Not this nonsense. Come on, come on, man, it's just not And again, I'm for the entrances. Do the whole thing create a circus out of the entire entrance. I get it, right. As long as you stop the tournament, we're good with it. Okay. But they just got to be better, man, they just got to be better. You have fallen off. When he walked in as that freaking general, that was a plus, right, I mean, come on, you know who had.
Speaker 2: A better entrance in Phil Hellmuth who Adam Hendricks and Elvis Presley outfit with non music? This was this was abysmal. I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 1: I mean, Elvis would be a good one, the King, you know, that would be a good one. There's there's like a million other entrances that he could have done. But this is just it's just not not that good. Yeah, you know, but the thing is is that it was so bad that it was good in a in a weird way like it. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to do. I'm not sure what is intended to do. But if the intention is to get people watching the live stream to just freak out in the chat, then it worked. Okay, If that was the intention, then it worked. Because it is absolutely out of control. And I will also say this, I would take Martin Cambrel and his antics ten times out of ten over Phil Helmby stuff that we hear, because then he sits down and you just got to listen to him talk about this new water company he literally had. Did you see the water? The water we did the whole thing on here. He shows up with the water company, he has him bring all the bottles up on stage, and he's talking about how he just signed some deal with them, is the best tasting water he's ever had. He used to drink water out of plastic. Now he drinks his pathwater, which is out of an illuminum can. And it's like this whole thing. I mean, I'm just like this guy. I can't listen to that. At least give me not like that Casino Royale all day, the hippo going across the table. I'll take that right. So anyway, Phil, then he plays like three hands. The first hand he plays, he raises with six three suited. God knows why. Anyway, he ends up leaving what we thought was to go change, but then he came back wearing the same stuff that he had on the stupid wig, the leather pants, I don't know. And then we eventually moved him off the feature table and we cut out to him in the field for some check ins, and he's wearing his normal stuff. But then he was also like head on the ground, tire or on the table, tired, sleeping in between hands. It's like, dude, you don't need to do this crazy interest stuff if you're just so tired all the time. You can also register on date, so you could also do that. You could also, you know, not pound M and m's at the feature table, which he was doing. I mean, that's just not that's not going to be good for your your the sugar levels, like you're gonna come crashing down. Yeah, I mean, and he still put I think around ninety K in the bag, so I mean whatever, but it's just it's it's just ridiculous. I have no words for it. We were in the booth with Jared blessnik Remco and Jared was at a loss for words and absolutely loss for words. We also had Danie and granduw up on the feature table. He had some complaining to do. Were you involved in that? I know you were involved in Cabrel, so were you involved in this one?
Speaker 2: Didn't hear anything about it?
Speaker 1: Oh, he was complaining about how hot it was up there, Daniel. But I also think that I feel like the air conditioning they like turned it down in here, or it's just the fact that if you are playing.
Speaker 2: The main event here that way, it is freezing.
Speaker 1: Call I understand, but it's it's like very it's in these like it's like directly under the vents, you know, you go anywhere else it's like warm.
Speaker 2: Three days ago, Daniel complained about being two cold where he was sitting. No, it's also wearing seventeen layers out there in the middle of the God he did take all that stuff off, and I'm signing it's not it's not listening. That fault you you got, but at one time take over there and you've got the Sahara over here.
Speaker 1: At one point he said, he said whoever's whoever's listening out there. I do not want to be on the features. He's like yelling to us in the back in production. Anyway, he put some chips in the bag as well. He's gonna have a couple of days off and Jared Buzznik talked about it on stream. But he has a bunch of bets on Daniel Legran who he is super super bullish on Daniel Legran who in this uh, in this main event. He's got all kinds of bets, like various head to heads, bets, must cash last longers, you know, all this sort of stuff. It totals around three hundred K, he said. One of the bets he said he has with Jesse lonis I believe it's like the last longer, most fancy points or something. I don't know. But he's got basically Daniel versus Jesse, so that that's a big one. He wouldn't name who the other ones are with, but yeah, he's got a ton of money. And then he found out on stream that Daniel was drinking wine and he was gonna lose his mind. He's gonna lose his mind. He's like, I would have never bet, well, this whole thing. I mean, it was just Jared's incredible, absolutely incredible. What do you got from the main event?
Speaker 2: Honestly didn't pay that much attention to it today came a little what were you doing? I was writing a couple of winners stories, doing that kind of stuff, you know, the actual work behind the scenes that no one cares about.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't pay attention to the main event.
Speaker 2: Really, it didn't watch actually any of it. I was doing all the work.
Speaker 1: You can put the stream on, man, like you can't, you can't. You just the lack of investment is insulting.
Speaker 2: It's just it is actually insulting. I'll be back on for one says insulting incredibly. I wasn't a big fan of the commentary team today.
Speaker 1: Either, was I. I mean, I don't know who were those a holes in yeah phones. I don't think I saw any like crazy bust outs today. I mean maybe I'm just kind of like it's always crazy like the first day because it's it's brand new and it's here, so you know, it wasn't too wild. Do you want to give a shout out to Jesse Simon who won a giveaway from the Poker Go shop. He won the Poker gro Shop Wsby Main Event giveaway last year, and what he won was a seat, a more package, a seat plus some travel and then some cash to come out here and play in the WASP main event. I met with him today. I got them all situated. Part of because it was a Poker gro Shop giveaway. Part of his thing was five hundred dollars in merch, got them all hooked up with all these hoodies and everything. So we did that this morning and let me just look up, let me see.
Speaker 2: I definitely back because he pasted me off the bagging and said, love the podcast.
Speaker 1: Love the podcast. Let's freaking go Jesse baby. If you want to learn more about Jesse's story, it's actually a pretty a cool one, heartfelt one. You can go to PGT dot com. We have a story up on there. That story was written by the Great Sean Chaffin for us on PGT dot com. Again, that's Jesse Simon and the gist of it is is that he found out his mom had cancer on the same day that I contacted him that he won the prize. How crazy is that? Earlier in the day he finds out his mom has cancer. Then he gets an email from me that says, you just won this prize. He's a little skeptical of it, right, because you know, you shoot these emails of it, and I'm also kind of skeptical myself, like, I mean, I'm sending these out and I'm like, no one's gonna believe these damn things. But I in them. I put my phone number. I said, hey, you know, if there's any question on the legitimacy, you are free to give me a call. He calls me, boom said, he immediately recognized my voice and bam. So yeah, So he's out here and he's doing the thing, and actually during the main event, Jeff Platt caught up with him. So why don't we just replay that interview now if you missed it in the stream. So we'll throw to that one right now. And this is Jeff Platt talking with Jesse Simon.
Speaker 4: So you get the call that says, hey, you're playing the main then what runs through your mind?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a really incredible day because on that day, that same day, I had discovered that my mom had cancer. Actually I wasn't it wasn't confirmed that she had cancer, but I knew that she was in she wasn't doing very well at all, and that it was going to be a very difficult year ahead of us. And so I'm sitting there opening the email and there's Donnie, you know, talking to me saying.
Speaker 2: This is not a scam.
Speaker 3: This is not a scam, you know, if you really just you know, here's my cell phone number. But I still sent it to my wife and she was like, once you.
Speaker 4: Sit down and play your hand, we're going to keep it right here and we're gonna watch you play. I'm going to talk a little bit more about you while you do. Indeed play this hand again. The jazz drummer out of Minnesota has so many family ties to the game of poker. As you heard him start to say, was just ecstatic when he got the email from Donnie Peters telling him that he won the seat in the main. Okay, sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, no problem. And so I sent that, you know, I sent it over to my wife and she's like, I don't know, man, this is a little you know. So so the next day I called, I called Donnie. He left me his cell phone and he picked up the phone. I knew immediately if you had answered the phone, I wouldn't know it immediately.
Speaker 1: To Donnie's voice, Yeah, right stands out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and it was just like, well, okay, that's cool. I haven't really won anything. I mean, it's like not like that in my life. And so just filled with gratitude and.
Speaker 2: Joy.
Speaker 3: And my mom is doing great. He's uh, she's still kicking. And spent the whole year you know, studying up I you know, joined uh uh chip Leader Coaching and which we're we we met informally there and yeah, and just really just just filled with gratitude and and hope and having a wonderful time enjoying every single moment.
Speaker 1: What has this experience been like so far?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's just an absolute dream for me. It's like the poker is so pure and so real, and the structure usually with quick structures, which is what we're used to, you know, like you know, twenty minute blinds, thirty minute blinds, you know, you start with fifteen thousan twenty thousand whatever. Really being able to sit back and just enjoy and just really kind of calmly it's it's it's to me, it's the same sitting you know on the deck, you know, in front of a lake, you know, you know, just kicking back and just really observing all the amazing players. And I have a really good table. There's some very experienced players here, and you know, I'm learning a lot and just keeping it keeping it cool.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just and just gratitude before expectations. That's that's the name of the game.
Speaker 1: Rooting for Jesse. Of course, we have three other, three other winners of giveaways. They want an annual subscriber giveaway. These three. We're gonna have two plane on Friday. We're gonna have one plane on Saturday. And f I forgot to mention the time. What time do we start this? We've been going for twenty four minutes, so forty all right, one forty eight Friday, July fourth, Happy America Day.
Speaker 2: Let's go baby.
Speaker 1: This podcast is also brought to you by our friends at True Classic, the home of high quality, affordable clothes for meends. You guys can shop tops, bottoms, activewearan more at True Classic teas dot com. Now, I just mentioned all of these giveaway winners and the part of the reason is because I want to keep reminding you guys that when we actually give shit away. You can actually win it, and you can actually play in really cool events. Okay, and True Classic has partnered with Poker Goro and they are giving fifteen people, fifteen people get a five thousand dollars package to come out to the studio in Las Vegas at the end of twenty twenty five and play in a signature event. All you have to do is go to True Classic Teas dot com slash tcpoker go and submit your poker story and if you do so, maybe you could be one of the lucky fifteen five thousand dollars package winners. All right, So you know that's that's another great thing that we're doing here. We're trying to give away. Of course, this is all on behalf of True Classic Tees, so really cool shit there. And you know, you could be like some of these winners. You could be like Jesse Simon. You could be coming out and playing the studio. Sean deeb wins the one hundred k p LO high Roller, his seventh WSP Gold Bracelets twice his previous highest score. He won almost three million dollars. His previous seven bracelets were.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifteen ten K pop limonholdem Championship Bang Transred eight K twenty sixteen fifteen hundred and seven cards third, one hundred eleven K twenty eighteen he won two twenty five KPLO Hirolla one point four million, his previous highest score, and then right at the end of the series he won the ten K six Backs Championship eight hundred K twenty twenty one, twenty five KPO Hirolla again one point two million dollars twenty twenty three to fifteen hundred eight game makes one hundred ninety eight K and then obviously number seven here eleven years it took Sean to go over winning He's first to winning his seventh which is essentially tied for second quickest behind Johnny Moss and Phil Ivey's tied with Benny Glasser there on eleven years. Most importantly two years fast than Phil helm And after Sean Juan he walked past Phil and he said, eleven water go eleven.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. Well, he's he's on pace, very true. I mean, if he if he can keep up the volume. Yeah, you know, listen, the volume can can wear on you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying like there might be one summer deep just kind of wakes up and is like, you know what, I don't know, man, but you know, we'll see. And if he does keep it up, I would say he's got a very very good chance.
Speaker 2: Of catching up. Also, we've touched on this many times. Get a second, get a second, you hat a third? He could have four bracelets like he is that literally that close to winning a bracelet earlier in the summer, multiple times. But he gets his seventh here he joins a long list of you know, we kind of touched on it last week about you know, the year of seven. You didn't really like that one. But I think the most important thing about Deep is that he's now on top WSP player of the rankings. Whenever they get updated or refresh by the robots there, he will be ahead.
Speaker 1: Of They're it's definitely not getting updated by robots, Well, it's whoever it is. It's getting updated by what's that the Pony Express?
Speaker 2: What's that you? I know you've watched the show because you have kids with the with the slow d m V sloth. Everyone at home, he knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: This slow DMP slow DMV sloth.
Speaker 2: Like a meme. This one onto Yia.
Speaker 1: Well you said, oh so you movie, same movie.
Speaker 2: That's the slot is the person play with no offense. If you're a person listening.
Speaker 1: No offense, offense like offense like come on, he.
Speaker 2: Moves, he moves the top. And what's important about the Player of the Year For him, he's already won at once twenty eighteen, and he has said numerous times that he wants to win it twice and then three times, because you know the guy, he's He's chasing two people in this poker world. He's chasing Phil Helmless WSOP bracelet record and he's chasing Daniel o'griander's Player of the Year record, which is two two thousand and four twenty thirteen for Daniel deeb. Obviously, you know he's got a chance here, and I believe he told Poker News that he might even just skip the main event, which seems kind of crazy, but for player in her career, you know considerations, if that's his goal and not winning ten million dollars, then it does make a lot of sense. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: So I talked with Dee about this thing before the final table started. I mean, it wasn't necessarily about Deep. It was actually it was originally about Hellmuth. And what we were talking about was, you know, Deep is close with Hellmuth and he's actually had conversations with Hellmuth. Because listen to this about Sean Deep. He actually bet that that Hellmuth would not play the main event. He bet ten k that has to be the worst bet in the history of mankind. It is because he was always playing. And I said that to Sean and he tried to He tried to justify his thinking by saying that he's had conversations with Hellmuth where they've kind of both decided that Hellmuth should not play the main event, and the reason is because Hellmuth values bracelets above everything else. Yeah, if you play that VISP main event and you get stuck in it, you could be stuck for a week and a half to two weeks. Now, yes, if you get stuck that long, it does come with a lot of money. But let's say he makes Day eight, the final three tables and busting twentieth place. I mean, you you had you probably missed twenty events, twenty five events. I mean, yeah, you win two three hundred thousand dollars but for Helmuth, that's not what it's about. It's about the bracelets. And then that was the same sort of thing where he said he said, you know, Scott Severer didn't play the main event last year because he couldn't get the volume in because he was chasing Player of the Year. So he skipped the main event last year, did sever and was just playing all the other bracelet tournaments. So that's where it comes from with Deep, is that he can't get the volume in if he plays the main event, so he's gonna play the other stuff. And as it pertains specifically to the WSB Player of the Year, just like if you go super deep, you know, if you go to Day seven or eight or whatever, Yeah, you make a couple hundred, few hundred thousand dollars for Player of the Year. You make how many points do you get for that fifty? It doesn't matter. Like it's very top heavy, right, So he'd rather go play all these other tournaments, and he said he's going to be multi tabling the crap out of them. So I think that's probably what he's gonna do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a chance he like Max late reds the main and just like blasted off, like and just try and run up, like you know, go from go from sixty to two million in one day. I something ridiculous. Okay, what do you mean why is it not possible two million? What if he went what if he bought in Max late and literally went all in every hand and did not lose? I mean it could happen, like, I mean, like sure, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mathematically it could happen.
Speaker 1: Well because at because at that time, if you when you buy in then like because people are finishing. We just said Grinder finished with three hundred k, Like people are gonna have two to three hundred thousand chips. If you buy in at Max late Red, you're already a couples in a couple levels in, so people are gonna have four hundred to five hundred thousand chips. So if Deep gets a couple of double ups, if he goes from sixty to one to twenty to forty, right, then he gets in a pot with somebody who has four hundred, right, then he's at four eighty booms, he'd easily get to two million. Okay, I'm obviously, but you have you would have to play the style like that. I'm thinking like if he's gonna like just blast off in the main event. And the reason why I'm saying this is that maybe he does that, runs it up to you know, two million or whatever whatever the big number is, and then he goes and f's off and plays the other stuff and just basically lets himself blind out because then maybe he can come back like literally three days later. But he could also be like, I'm gonna come back three days later, like if I'm stuck in these other tournaments multi tabling in the other room, then I'll just come back, you know, two three days later. Not a big deal. But yeah, I mean I think it is legitimate that he could skip it. I was in commentary, but the great Antonio Abrego did an interview with Sean Deeves. So let's throw to that right now, and then we'll come on back on the other side.
Speaker 5: To end up first place. When you know, I was down and out in some times, I just kept battling. I kept playing my cards. You know, I ran like god heads up versus, I got them super short and then lost flip. Then he got it back, and then you know, we basically flipped with overpair of flush trovers top hair. So it was beautiful. It's crazy to play heads up for a million dollars but not feel like it because we have two million locked up, like you're already like sweet, I'm free rolling, So the stakes didn't matter to me as much as they would, you know, possibly some other time. You know, I was against nothing but ethical class class acts, and you know, I may have over celebrated a little much, so I probably should apologize some of those guys. But I had a great rail. I was pumped up, the adrenalines going, and I just like felt like it was destiny. Every time I was all in, I didn't feel like I was gonna lose. So it's kind of a crazy feeling right now. The goal is POY, so winning bracelets helps with POY, so it's kind of mutually exclusive. I don't think I'm going to be making big folds in the bubble in any of the remaining tournaments, so I'm going to be chip leader out of a lot of bullets, and that's kind of fun. And yeah, I'm just you know, you always come out here in the summer and hope it's going to go well, and I had a super hot start. Usually I don't do too well early on, and then I had a little lull, and then Michael Monchak forced me to take a day off. We went to go see Shakira O the enough Martin Caprilla was also there.
Speaker 2: I hate music.
Speaker 5: I hated the concert, but it was good to just drink and hang out with some people, you know, and some people I'm not. I don't see as often, so I had a great time with them. So I'm giving Mike a little partial credit for this win, for resetting the body. They've been doing it for so much longer than me. I think it's such a compliment being the conversation. You know, treat Ivy, Helme and Nigrano as friends, you know, obviously when Doyle was alive as well. It's amazing, you know, growing up watching poker on TV and seeing all those guys and now they come over to congratulate me, and they were all on first name base.
Speaker 1: I have all the numbers in my phone.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how inclusive poker is. Even you know, when I've had problems with some of those guys in the past or other people, a lot of times we can get past it. And I think that shows the maturity and intelligence of this community, and you know, I think we at some point, we all get old enough we realize if someone's not only to screw you over, they're probably a good friend to keep around. And I surround myself with so many of those people in this industry, and they're all there for me if I ever need a favor, if my wife ever needs anything. You can't beat the friendships I made. I literally met my wife. We've got my two kids because of poker. So I owe everything this industry. I will always battle for poker and do what's right for it, even if it hurts my own bottom line. I will just protect this industry the best I can for my whole career. The legacy I try to leave behind, I hope you know when I pass on my kids and my grandkids, if I have them, we'll say this, and I was honorable, trustworthy, ethical, I put the industry before my own self interests, and I've tried to do whatever I can to help out poker and poker sites in different ways. I just will do everything every day in my life to help poker because it's giving me everything. It's given me immense wealth and men's success and men's fame. Amazing family, amazing friends, and yeah, it's just it's days like today that you are really happy that you're still in poker. You know. I want to be known as being brutally honest, being a good needler, being ethical, being a great player at all the games, and just being willing to show every day. I try to lead by example, and I think that all players will be so much happier and have better results if they're willing to just play whatever's profitable up next. And I know a lot of people don't have a physical stamina or the mental stammer that I have, and I know I'm kind of unique in that, but there's some people who are really fucking close to.
Speaker 1: Me when it comes to that shit. All right, that was Sean Deep and and you heard him in the interview. You heard him say it again, it's poy or bust. It is poy or bust. So we'll see how that plays out. It's it's going to be a very interesting race.
Speaker 2: Now we have.
Speaker 1: Sean Deep, we have Martin Cabrell, we have Benny Glauser, and we have Scott Bowman. I think those are like the four favorites, right yep, Sean Dee no one's going to be Shawnde even the volume. Now you can say that, Okay, maybe Benny Glausser is a better player when it comes to some of these big buy in mixed tournaments. Okay, that's that's fine. But you know, maybe d makes up for it in the volume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's it's just gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out. You know Cabrel, Right, he's obviously very good when it comes to big bet stuff, but he doesn't play any of the mix. Now, he was playing the ten K eight game today, but he was he hopped in there, So I mean confirm that for me, go to Poker News and confirmed. I'm ninety five certain that he was. He hopped in there, which kind of makes sense because you know he can play, you know, Nolan, Maan Holdham and PLO are in there, so he can play. Yeah, see so, and I wonder if that's simply a result of the fact that he is in the running for Player of the Year, right, just like we saw a couple of years ago, we saw Dan Zach all of a sudden sell for the two fifty k. He's like, I got to play it, you know, POI is on the line, Let's go. So you start to see these people chase and do things that are outside of their normal wheelhouse, which is fine, but for someone like Sean Deeve, it's all within his wheelhouse. Yeah, So I would say that deb is now the favorite, which is pretty crazy. So we'll see how that thing goes. A lot of big events coming up. Also, as it pertains to Martin Cabrell, we know he's not skipping the main event because he already played it. He already bagged, right, so he's not going to take that approach. And I would never expect Martin Cabrell specifically to skip the mind event, but he would never ever ever even entertain the idea like Sean Deev is you know, seriously considering it. So Hunter k PLO high Roller almost three million dollars for Shan Divs seventh Gold Braces beat Isaac Hackson and Heads Up Play one point nine to seven two million for Hackson, Arthur Morris Your Boy, Yeah, one point three million for third place, Latarro Guera the PLO God nine hundred and seventy six k little Bit of e Motion Latara when he busted got his money and really really good, got drawn out on and just kind of head sunk down, kind of into his chest like you could tell, like, man, that was the one we lost. Phil Ivy fifth place, seven hundred and fifteen k, Alex Foxton before him, Sean Raphael before him. So that is the one hundred k p l O high Roller in the ten K Stud High Low Championship Inghai Pond wins it all. His third wslpgo bracelet. This one had one hundred and eighty six entries, pawn one four hundred and eleven one thousand dollars. Previously won two online events that's like complete other side of the spectrum. Then ten K stud High Low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two small and I live and hold him events in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, one for thirty six k, the other for forty two thousand. I didn't even know you'd won those. So so this was actually his first bracelet.
Speaker 1: And then I rolled the whole recap. That was then you were, oh, wait, damn, you know I.
Speaker 2: Always I did the start check before I started, and I was like, oh, of course, okay, three bracelets. Cool, but yeah, he gets the victory. They came back today four players left, King Japan, David Lee, Luke Schwartz, andre A ziglov Zigglove out first, one hundred and thirty two thousand, Luke Swartz out in third place, one hundred and eighty eight K, David Lynn runner up, two hundred and seventy four thousand dollars, and Pam takes his third bracelet and four hundred and eleven K. That's also four hundred and eleven points. That is so thanks for what PGT leaderboards. Qualifying for the PGT Million Dollar Championship for him four hundred is going to be very short, especially with no more mixed games, no more mixed series coming. The big movers and shakers obviously came in the Hunter kplow Let's start at a tob Sean deep rockets up to thirteenth place on the PGT leader board nine hundred and ninety five points, so I would say he's nearly a lock to be in the PGT Million Dollars Championship. Isaac Hackson runner up finished now up to twentieth eight hundred ninety nine points. Arthur Morris thirty ninth, just in there right now. The Tara Guerrera up to thirty seventh place, Phil IV sixty third. Alex Foxon extends his lead on top. He creeps over the two thousand point mark, so he's really not running away with it, but he is. You know, we've seen previous leaders drop a little bit. Alex is just getting points NonStop and ascending forward. He's three hundred and fifty five points ahead of Nick Shulman, so that is a lot of points. Nick Shrman also cashing this vent. He finished twelfth, Sean Raphael sixteenth on the PGT leader you might have expected that, but got a couple of PLO results, you know, throughout the year on the tour, and he's up to nine hundred and sixty one points. And finally Ben Lamb eighth place finisher, he's twenty third. So literally everyone that final table this event is either in or like on the cusp of being in the top forty to qualify for the PGT Million dollars Championship. So massive movements there from a massive shout out, massive from all these players. Deep especially you know, he hasn't played it, has never qualified. He's basically got you know, one foot in the door pretty comfortably. So for him, does that mean we're going to see him at a PLO series, you know, to try and get some extra points, get more chips, especially you know, fresh off a two point nine million dollar victory.
Speaker 1: I means still a lot of big events to go that I mean obviously the main event too that have to do with the PGT leaderboard. So it's gonna be a fun sweat to see how things shake up heading into the second half of the PGT season. The six hundred dollars Poker News Deep Sack is down to the final six. Daniel Shill is still doing it.
Speaker 2: He is crushing it.
Speaker 1: He was the chip leader coming into today, we're coming into yesterday, and now he's the chip leader coming into today. He's got forty one million. Naraman Amadi second place, thirty six point two million, ron Cador thirty one point three million, Jason Lee twenty three point five million, Nicholas Goddard twenty three point two million, and Fourge Domingaz fifteen point six million. These final six players are guaranteed sixty four thousand, four hundred dollars and they are planned for three hundred and two thousand dollars up top. They came from a field of five thousand, six hundred and sixty seven. So we'll check back in on this one and wrap it up after it ends. On the next episode. Thirteen players remain in the ten K eight game. It is approaching the final table. There were one hundred and ninety five entries. Twenty six thousand, five hundred is what they are guaranteed four hundred and twenty two thousand dollars up top. John Turner aka Pearl Jammer is the chip leader. Well, who else?
Speaker 2: Thomas Taylor is now the chip players.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: That correction, noice that correction. Thomas Taylor one point nine million. John Turner is second.
Speaker 1: Thomas Taylor. Pretty good summer, Pretty good summer.
Speaker 2: John Turner one point six Koe Burns Kangaroo Crew Wow, one point six million, Eric Washerson, Uh, he's fourth in Jesus, Mike Ordinsky, Brian Hastings, Brian Tate of.
Speaker 1: Holds over fame and not fame.
Speaker 2: He's he's having a good summer too.
Speaker 1: When is easier with twenty grams of protein? Please shake responsibly? Is that there actually is that an extra thing? I know that because I do it on the commentary.
Speaker 2: That's that's actually that's actually gonna tell you who's this name, Jeremy Osmus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't really seen that.
Speaker 2: The name at all, not the summer Todd Brunson in the mix, Jordan griffrownding out that the final thirteen bit.
Speaker 1: But Jeremy's in really yeah, oh baby, you know what this is. This is what happened last year with us, same sort of crap. This is d Naggers winning the fifty K. It's it's just Jeremy's gonna win this, but it's not gonna matter in twenty five K fantasy for us. I mean, it's great if you guys have Jeremy Osmas on your ODB teams. Cool, yeah, But for us in twenty five K, I mean, good.
Speaker 2: Luck either way. Stackfield thirteen left, they're coming back on Friday, July fourth, and will obviously I should get to a winner. We'll recap that and talk about all the points implications. Four hundred eleven I think it was four eleven four to twenty two. Sorry up top, so four hundred and twenty two points. A lot of names there could use some points to get into the qual the PGT Million Dollar Championship. I'm looking at Thomas Taylor, I'm looking at Eric Wasserson, and I'm looking at Jeremy Osmus in particular there. So that is the ten Key eight Game Championship rap up.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the Francis Anderson Invitational that he no longer a part of. That he is no longer a part of, so he is no longer the invitational hoster. Darren or Remba out of Canada. The top three people are all from Canada. Darren Aremba out of Canada is the chip leader, Zizoujao, also out of Canada. Second Sean Pilot, also out of Canada, in seconds three.
Speaker 2: Sixty one from seven thousand and seventy eight. But I'm not sure if that's combined close enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Kevin Stamon, Kenneth O'Donnell Robas. Today was Day one B in this tournament. More than seven thousand entries, total price fill top to four point four million dollars. I don't see a first place prize in this one just yet, So you guys are gonna have to just stay tuned for the next one. Is this this is supposed to end tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No? I think it's days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no way, So check back in with us on the Summer Celebration AKA ARE formerly known as FKA, formerly known as the Francis A. There's an invitational which I don't know why we named it that for like just because you said so, the twenty five hundred dollars no limit, hold them freeze out. I also don't understand why they do this on Poker news. So on Poker News they post the day two seatraws, but like they'd never format correctly, like do you know how to get this formatted? Like do you like click on it? Like what it doesn't?
Speaker 2: It doesn't it's a type No.
Speaker 1: This has happened multiple times. I think it's just the way that they like input it. It doesn't like.
Speaker 2: Work interesting anyway.
Speaker 1: Noel Rodriguez is the chip leader Vetur Zevelevski. That's URI's brother, Yuri Bag and Big in the wsp man events. Vtur Bag and Big in the twenty five hundred dollars freeze out. And we also got who Nick verde Ramo looks like he's got a watch. Have Sean Daniels he played and busted the WAC made event today. Michael Josoff, Phil we freeze out tournament here, twelve hundred and ninety nine entries, two hundred and forty seven are moving on to Day two. Four hundred and forty nine thousand dollars up top in this one, of course, you know, well we won't go too much into this one. I'll just rip off some of some of their names quickly. Boris Kolev is in there, Alex Keating, not Alan, Alex Keating, Stoyanne Madonziev, Max Kruz, well, Max Cruz is here, I don't know. Andre Astavchenko is in there. All right, cool, that's twenty five dollars freeze out.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 1: We have a one well, we have a one K.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, two day event. Okay, one doesn't it say turbo, but if it's two day event, I'm gonna have to say, it's like it's.
Speaker 1: Like remember like the was the three K six max thirty minute levels. Yeah, it doesn't say turbo, yes, but it's it's faster than all the normal stuff. So similar sort of thing there. This is basically the tournament that if you bagged one A or one B you probably just blasted this one, all right, community cards, you said it was really big and cool and.
Speaker 2: All that sort of stuff. Sure, community cards, Yes, my favorite segment. And we're going to talk about some rankings and we're going to rank this. We're going to rank the best things about the podcast though podcast. I have five daily podcasts. Stout it out. That's the fifth best thing. In twenty twenty four, we missed three days. That was really bad on us. We have not missed the day yet. I've already declaring day one d. I might be out if you're going to be in commentary for too long, but that is the fifth first day too, d A day two. That's the best thing. That's the fifth best thing about the Poco podcast. Fourth best thing daily video podcasts. Yep, I'm going to separate those two so I can get to my five. Uh daily video podcasts of the Poco podcast. Come in in number three. Code words. That's right, We're going to have another code word. It's going to be ranked this all one word. R A m K T h I S. Go to PGT dot com slash dream seat you find on the information. Number two. The best thing about the post Pgo podcast is the hats. The community we've created with the hats. Would you not agree? Just keep going please? And the number one thing. The best thing about the Pogo podcast is more hats. Donny Clever rived fifty Wow, Pocogo podcast has for all you guys out.
Speaker 1: You redeemed yourself at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm not ordering anymore. This is it. We've had. We're went with one hundred. Now we've got one, fifty, this fifty left. They're in this box right next to me. If you want one, you know what to do. You gotta come find me on Doney. You gotta say the password family pot. Okay, just don't find me on Friday because I'm playing Poper's rank. This is the password for the Gleam competition. Family pot is the one for the hat. We have fifty hats. Okay, this is it.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 2: Um, that's it. That's the rank, this segment number one thing. More hats, all right, Okay, you didn't expect that to happen. I did not expect that, bad guy. I like I said, you redeemed yourself. Okay, you redeemed yourself at the end of that nonsense. All right, that's it. That's all we got. Yeah, all right, right, playing tomorrow, wannes say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good. Oh, I should have told my story. I drive in today, Well, yeah, I get here, I pull an off harmon, I hear this weird noise, like I just like ran over something like ran over like a bunch of gravel or something. I'm like, what the hell's what is this noise? I didn't run anything over, like looking in the rear view mirror trying to see if I ran anything over. No, don't, so whatever. I just keep driving, go through the gate, and like I hear it again. I'm like, what the hell is going on? And then I have to park basically at fucking like MGM down the street and I'm still hearing this noise. Okay, fine, whatever, find a parking spot. Park. I'm like, I'm like, I might as well look like I look over by the tire from the passenger side driver or front tire passenger, and I'm looking. I'm like, I don't see anything. I'm like, I might as well pop the hood, pop the hood. Power steering belt is just fucking everywhere. I'm just like, oh my god, So the fucking power steering belt just went fucking just like exploded. So that was great, but there was like one thread of it because I still had power steering because I've the power steering has gone out before in that car, like due to fluid or whatever, and I've had to you know, obviously it's very hard to turn then, but I didn't feel that, so I didn't think that it was that at first. So yeah, so so my car is stuck here?
Speaker 2: Wait, how are you getting hume?
Speaker 1: I'm going to uber home? What do you think I'm gonna like ask you for a ride this time?
Speaker 2: Don't you say?
Speaker 1: The opposite side of the thing? The reason why I'm going to stay because I don't have anything with me? Yeah, okay, so yeah, so I'll just uber home and deal with it all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: If we didn't live on the opposite sides of the city, I probably would and if we didn't live.
Speaker 1: On the side, and if we didn't live on the opposite sides of the city, I would have asked you for a ride. But we do live on opposite side, so I'm not going to do that. I will just uber. It's not a big deal. I'm just debating if I should go deposit the money tonight or not. I think I was gonna do it in the morning. Da I think that'll be easier. I don't fucking know I'll do it tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's annoying, but whatever, but.
Speaker 2: You'll do it tonight.
Speaker 1: Huh. I would do it tonight. It's open, right, I think it is. I walk over there and Sun, I'm gonna be so annoyed. All right, whatever, all right, that's going to do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth. My name is Donny Peters. I'm playing that obviously main event on Friday, July fourth day one. See, let's go, let's put a lot of chips in the bag. Nice easy day, get through it, and then we'll continue on either way bag or no bag. We'll be back on the podcast. So talk to you guys and later show you
Speaker 2: Jenny Express