Speaker 1: Greet Society, Jason's Everyone at twich Walls a mocking Fantasy Baseball Live. We're back for a second day in a row. It is the thirty first of May ten. Do you believe it? Thirty first? Yes, tomorrow will be June. Holy moly, I know.
Speaker 2: I got a calendar on the wall that reminds me of that right in front of me.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. Still you still use wall calendars. That's that's impressive.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I got one on my phone. But yeah, I got to put in my past where I do this. The next thing all I have to do is look up. It's right back in front of me. I can even put notes on it for things that I can pretend from forget down the road. Right, So doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 1: So I want to make sure, I mean, because Tim and we all know, we all love it. No one loved Tim. But you do know about like facial recognition. You've got that turned on on your phone? Right, you look at it and it automatically comes on.
Speaker 2: Facial recognition for me is called a mirror Rich.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you do have it turned on. I just want to make sure you do do have it turned.
Speaker 2: On I know who I am.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I haven't got to that stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, well but.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, come on from the guy who just a couple of years back learned what control C control V is. Okay, you're asking a lot. I've heard of this facial recognition thing. Hey, but with a beard, my face changes all the time. If my phone had never recognized me.
Speaker 1: It was a mission apossible movie, wasn't it. Where the guy wanted to the bad guy wanted to get into Uh, it's a secure location. So he killed the guy and then he put his face up. The guy's face up. That's how I got in. I thought, oh that's not good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. They do the same thing with the fingerprinting thing every once in a while, right, yeah, they kill somebody off and they grab his hand and stick it on a phone or a wall unit whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim and I were talking. We have three things that we can talk about. One is Jordan Lawler, Two is Jonah Cox or three is a joke that starts off as follows to just somebody just sent this to me. The joke starts off as, uh, a jew Ahn doing a lawyer, which would like what topic, would you like to do?
Speaker 2: Well, You've got two jokes in there. Because Jordan and Lall are staying healthy is another one.
Speaker 1: Let's that's true.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go with the joke that we don't know and haven't heard. Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Ever, start off with a joke. A jew, a Hindoo, and a lawyer get lost in the countryside while hiking. The sun sets and they're wandering around hopelessly in the gloom when they see light in a farmhouse. They knock on the door and explain their situation to the farmer, asking if they might sleep the night here. He says, well, we don't have any more beds, but two of you can sleep in the vacant small henhouse and the third can sleep in the warm barn. Both are clean and dry and have fresh hay that will be comfortable. The Hindu likes his privacy, so he volunteers to sleep in the barn. The other two are about to doze off in the chicken house when a knock on the door. They open it. It's the Hindoo. He says, I can't sleep in the barn. There's a cow in there, and cows are holy. I cannot disrespect the cow by sleeping in the barn alongside her. I must sleep here in the hen house. So the Jew volunteers to sleep in the barn. But shortly thereafter there's a knock on the door. It's the Jew. I can't sleep in the barn. There's a pig in their pigs are unclean, and no Jew can sleep alongside one. I must sleep in the inn house. Lawyer sighs and agrees to sleep in the barn. A few minutes later, there's a knock on the door. They opened the door. It's the cow and the pig.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know where this is going.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny, right, yes, yes, yes, I thought there was going to even be more to it, but yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a clean joke, right, that's that's if we can't pick on lawyers, that's true. I mean, who can you pick? Who can you pick? So? And then and then I was doing the Jordan lawler. I was, you know, I saw that at bat last night. I got a double one at bat at double and I'm thinking, why is there only one at bat? So I start searching around and looking, and he's been on the il for two months because he got hit in the wrist and fractured his wrists and so forth. Darned if he didn't get hit by a pitch yesterday. I don't know if it hit his risk. I don't know. I don't know if I don't know what it hit. But he only got one at bats him. So for Jordan Bahler, that guy, I don't get it. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like that schleprock guy. He's got that black cloud over his head. Hey, and yeah, yeah, it's it's it's not good. But we did have some exciting news that I alerted to you two just before we came on the air. That's always cool when one of your one of your guys gets us one of my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Jonah Cox is uh. I will read up what I wrote about him. Our Patreon members know all about him because I've been writing about him for the last six weeks or so, and he's gotten off to a really great start. This is what I wrote, let me go down to Jonah Cox originally signed with the Athletics in twenty twenty four, and his carrying tool has always been a seventy great speed. He posted back to back seasons a fifty eighth stolen basis. Narady has twelve and twenty twenty six. I wrote this at the end of April, so it's probably a lot more.
Speaker 2: At the page twenty seven he gets a growth number.
Speaker 1: At the plate. He's a slappy hitter who has never shown much power, but he's beginning to generate a bit more pop thinks to add it leverage in a swing. More importantly, he's making better contact, the necessary step if he's going to carve out a role at the highest level. For our fantasy perspective, Cox is an interesting, intriguing stash stash. The speed will absolutely play, and while he is most likely outcome as a fourth outfielder, there's enough doubles and on base ability to envision a role similar to what Miles Straw provided during his time with the Astros and Guardians.
Speaker 2: Jonah, Yeah, that is good news. You'll generate some interest tonight for those chasing speed some other Our good friend John Dean on the Discord page again very active over there, having a lot of fun. He shared some news today that I find very very interesting and very much as another one of our members, Nails mentioned outside the box thinking today the Columbus Clippers are starting Cooper Ingle in left field. It's his first non catcher start at level. Yeah, so obviously the Guardians haven't soured on Ingle's bat. They just want to try and find a way to get him into the Lions. So that's interesting news, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is so so if every recalls bow Naylor, uh probably gone right. I mean he's he's probably in the minor leagues for quite a while. Tim and I both independently thought, oh good, Cooper Ringle is going to get a shot. And then they signed Patrick Stewart. Who it is?
Speaker 2: They treated big Big Bailey the giants defensive guru, an offensive bum.
Speaker 1: Right, so now they moved Cooper Ingle to the left field. Who is Patrick Stewart?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 1: What famous guy is Patrick Stewart?
Speaker 2: Patrick Stewart, He's an actor of the Come On Star Wars, Star Wrek.
Speaker 1: Star Trek. That's right, he was. He replaced the Captain Kirk after. I don't know if it's Captain Kirk, captain somebody, but he was the guy at the helm after after William Shatner. Well done, mister McCleod.
Speaker 2: Well Jody watches Star Trek all the time. God, nothing to do with me. That, that's all on Jody.
Speaker 1: So good stuff there. So Jonah Cox gets brought up and the Cooper angle hopefully maybe can't play the left field, and he's athletic enough to do that. He's got a great arm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and some bad news.
Speaker 1: Uh there's always bad news to me.
Speaker 2: Who's her always?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: La did little cruise hit went into the gap, hobbling halfway down down the first base line. He limped off on his own. But they put McLean into pinch pinch run for him. That's not good.
Speaker 1: Mccount Garcia's same thing yesterday for the third came up hobbling and he didn't play today.
Speaker 2: I think is hurt the Dylan Cruise.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's hurt us Connor Griffin on the I to hear about that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I did. Yeah. It's it's hard to sort out all this doom and gloom. That's why I wanted to throw a couple of good good news things in there, because there isn't enough to overshadow the doom and gloom. Definitely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. I mean, it's just Dylan Cruz scratch from the national starting lineup. Hit hit hand during Saturday's game. Hopefully that's not anything bad. Uh. Jezu Sanchez announced uffs removed from Sunday's game with the right risk. Everybody's getting hit by get by pitches of the wrist. What is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, when you're down to your high A starters occupying major major league rotation spots. Yeah, you got a lot of young pig is coming up and they're moving them fast and they're far from a finished product. I think some of the some of the hitters are are wearing it as a result.
Speaker 1: The good news, We've got my buddy Ryan O'Hearn back. I've got him in a bunch of leagues. Get him out there for tomorrow's games, and I'm probably going to start to sit a j ewing and the league starting to catch up with him a bit, so I'm going to probably rest him for my buddy, Uh Ryan O'Hearn.
Speaker 2: So I was just going to see how he's doing today, and how is you in doing over one with a run scored? What I find uh, yeah, I don't have that information available. Our good friend Carson b hit his fourth today, which was nice. I am a little concerned though with what I'm seeing. You know, the Mets are up five to one over the Marlins. Okay, but Nolan McClain's pitching. He's allowed one earned run, two heads, two strikeouts, which seems a little low. Bern All on the plane, but he's walked five to day, I know, ninety four pitches to get through five. That's yeah, that concerns me.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if he's hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hope not. Let's maybe I mean a greouster down the walks are up, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe it's just an off day. Again, it's against the light hitty Marlins. But we'll take a look at the data a little bit afterwards see if what's going on. I expected more power from BNJ. I think it's going to come. He's got above average power. It is not ever going to be a thirty home run guy, but it's more than you know, four after the first two months. Yeah, he's going to hit more than twelve home runs.
Speaker 2: I agree. What is nice to see is he's got the batting average up to two fifty four and he's hitting consistently in the leadoff spot. I think things you are going to I think we could see a really good second half out of this young fella.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I absolutely think you're right. My buddy Ranger Suarez was mewing down the Cleveland Guardians and they got to him here in the sixth inning. And now he's given up four runs. So four runs but ten strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big number for him, isn't it. Eight hits, two walks, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it was gone along just fine. And they just scored two runs in the fifth in off of them. Jared Durant starting to show that he actually is a major league baseball player. Up to ten home runs now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is playing very very well. You know, when you've got an offense of jim like Austin Hedges contributing two RBIs. Yeah, it's no wonder the Guardians are leading four to three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jared Durram tim pace for a thirty thirty, he's gonna it to twenty. But he's got ten on runs and ten stolar bases or a third of the way through the season.
Speaker 2: Yes, And does he end up on the Boston Red Sox come August first or whatever the day is in August?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you would think that would be a guy that they would move. I mean, we thought they'd move him over the off season, Yeah, with Sadan Rafaela and a bar. But once Roman Anthony went down, there was room for Jared Durant. So, but I think Anthony got pulled off a rehab. But at least he's starting to play baseball against He would expect him to be back sometime in June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would expect so. But I believe it was more recurring pain in the hand risk, whatever it is. Yeah, it's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: No, no, but you know it's the same thing it was with Jackson Holiday. Remember all day right, he struggled to come back and then it finally got right and he came back. So yeah, so if you if you get Roman Anthony back, let's call it July, first, first couple of weeks in July, and he starts to get back by the end of July or so, it's a trade deadline. Yeah, you could see the you could see the Red Sox move on from Jaron d Ran.
Speaker 2: I would think that's a real pausibility and his value probably won't get much higher than it is right now, will it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean the batting average isn't where it needs to be, But I mean the production.
Speaker 2: Is there, Yeah, exactly, Washington up.
Speaker 1: Three to two, Washington playing a little bit better, one game over five hundred. Who would have funked that your buddy tatist Junior Tommy finally hit, finally hit a home run. Yesterday's first home run a bomb too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I sat down, I brought up my avacus to try and figure out what that projects him through to at the end of the season. And I've got three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take the over. But yes, very good math, very good math.
Speaker 2: But I'll both don't lie, that's true.
Speaker 1: I will take the over.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Let's see who's done the damage. It looks like Wood with another home run, sixteenth year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Garcia with a home run, hanging in the second spot. Up and down season there, But I think there's better to come out of Garcia in Washington.
Speaker 1: You know, Curtis need Curtis Meat's over three today with a strikeout. I know he's on your waiver wire today, and we haven't talked about him in a while. I mean, it's a guy that I've always liked that he just has never been able to put it together and I still have him on a couple of teams just because Dynasty League teams, just because I'm stubborn like you. But I don't know if I believe in it or not.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not. I'm not one hundred percent sold. But at the same point in time, when you look at what he's done over the past couple of weeks, like those numbers are in the books, they're very real, and he has just been on fire. I think he's I don't have it up in front of you, but I think four home runs and ten RBIs in the past two weeks, that's that's big numbers. I can see why he's hitting in the three hole today for the Nationals.
Speaker 1: Well, his exit velocity is up two miles. So last year was eighty seven point five this year eighty nine point four launch ack on fifteen degrees. I mean, that's a guy that should hit twenty home runs. If he can produce an eighty nine and a half mon our ex velocity with a fifteen degree of launch, you should hit twenty home runs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because his contact skills through through the miners have always been fairly solid, haven't they always been fairly exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, he's walking as much as he's striking out, it's only striking out sixty percent of the time, walking fourteen percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Good numbers.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's yes. I mean, I'm glad I held on to my I'm not telling you I I did it with a lot of forethought. I just I just had an intuition that he was a better player than what he was showing well.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, sometimes a move and a fresh start helps, And I think in Tampa Bay, I think I think that was the best thing that could have happened for Curtis Mead was moving to another organization. He was sort of starting to trap in nowhere land in you know, in Orlando or Saint Pete's sorry, but he was starting trapped in nowhere. It just was not happening. And that fresh location, I think is done. Them a world are good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean as good as the Tampa Bay Rays are as an organization. It's tough if you're if your name's not Junior Cameron Earra, I mean, you're you are going to more than likely platoon.
Speaker 2: Yes you are. Actually I had to rewrite that my narrative on Curtis Mead because that's when the first he's playing nine out of ten, the Rays aren't platuning him. I had a brain cramp for exactly I read it over. I say, hey, he's not there anymore, Kim, and we had to do some modifications before you're a A one. I call it a one. That's how I remember at Steak Sauce. AI guy fixes it up for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, let's see the Mets. We talked about the Mets. See it looks like the Detroit Tigers and you're you're vaunted Chicago White Sox. Four games over five hundred, unbelievable. It's just with the White Sox going out there, Sean Burke another Connectic three seventy four era, I mean, what is I'm not sure how this is possibly happening, but it is justin Zallas playing first base as you predicted. So he's going to play all over the field, hasn't gotten a hit yet. We'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tim and Iron opposite opposite ends on this one.
Speaker 2: I I rethought that went through after our discussion and we're still on We're on opposite ends. But I had to put a caveat in my description for him today. That makes that makes a fair bit of sense. I think there's a little bit more of a logical way of looking at things. Turning over to the Brewery.
Speaker 4: If I could just comment, it's not that I don't like Gonzales, I just think everybody needs This is not a guy the eighteen home runs that were hit, fifteen of them out of the eighteen and Charlotte.
Speaker 1: I've been to Charlotte one hundred times at the stadium. I'm telling you everything flies out of that stadium. This is not a thirty home run guy. This is a ten to twelve home run guy who can hit. And if you with not much speed, if you think that's who the guy is good, If you think he's a thirty five home run guy, you're going to spend all your fab I'm afraid you might be mis taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I that's what I qualified in my narrative. I just said, remember where he got those eighteen minor league home runs? Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry you were saying, yeah, Misserski going up against my today, down to earth for my am I but not not a disaster. Four and two thirds. He's allowed three hits, two walks tour and runs with four strikeouts. Miserowski's throwing at one hundred and fifteen today, He's four inings pitch, three hits, four strikeouts.
Speaker 5: So it's not a no way hit or I will take that what he is doing absolutely one, because his five innings, he just got his fifth, just got the last out, five inues, hits to and runs, four strikeouts, And I'm not complaining about that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't think there is any reason to complain. What I like to see is the fact that he made it through five innings and back to back starts, and the walks are down a little bit today. So David Hamilton having a huge game for the Brewers. Three stolen bases. Wow, that's all I can do, though, Yeah, it is. But I happen to have him on the team, so I'm just I'm sort of yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, you've been carrying him?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah I have. Yeah, it's good. I think he's a little guy.
Speaker 1: Very funny. Uh. Texas Rangers up Ford to nothing. Michael Walker having another good season but getting beat up a little bit today. It's just not happening from the Royals town.
Speaker 2: No, no, your Google futility and it's sort of popping up. It really is. You know what's interesting is Duran one for two run a couple of RBIs. Uh, I'm happy to see that he's playing. Well, I don't know which which which guy is he here? Duran? I'm not Yeah, I don't know if Josh Josh Smith is gonna have a job to come back to the way Duran is playing.
Speaker 1: Did he get two home runs a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's hitting for power. He's the hot streak he was on, is is still he's still on it. You gotta gotta triple today as well. So that's probably the two RBIs. Yeah, and Jack later three innings pitched, one walk.
Speaker 1: You start, you start everybody against the Royals, and I don't think they got one of the best best players in the game. And Bobby with Junior, it just feels like it's the Los Angeles Angels all over again. And you know you're taking up Mike Trott and you're inserting Bobby with Jr. Into the equation.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but you know, you start, you look at their lineup. Okay, they got Jensen hitting, he's d Hington, but they got Jensen hitting the leadoff spot, and they got with and Pascatino and sal Prez and Kathlynon who's got some potential. And then you got Isaac Collins, Michael Massey, Loft Loftlin, and Kyle Lisbo.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well it should have Michel Garcia, but he just got plumped as well, so that would extend it one more. But my problem is that those are pretty good names that you just went through. Jensen's hitting two twenty five, pass Quentina. I don't know how he's two eleven, but he is peresident to him. They're just not hitting and pass Quantina after that twenty twenty four breakout season, it's just fallen off. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's and you know, and then you add four holes in the lineup to that, Yeah, and it's it's just ugly. Yeah, right right now there it's it's it's ugly and the pitching isn't helping.
Speaker 1: So the tal on pass Quentina probably should have been thirty two home runs in two thousand. Oh he had too. Thirty two home runs last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where did the power go?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 2: I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: Let's take heed.
Speaker 2: He needs a little more pass day in his diet.
Speaker 1: He thinks maybe he left it all on the field as the big shot in for Team Italy. I don't know a right Well, look, well here it is. You don't have to go very far. So okay, twenty twenty four exit velocity ninety one miles an hour, twenty twenty five, average ex velocity ninety one miles an hour twenty twenty six, eighty eight point three in the ball very hard.
Speaker 2: One of those is not like the others.
Speaker 1: Eh No, I'm guessing it's either a timing probably, but more likely he's probably got some kind of injury going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something's out of think in a big way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's Yeah, that's that's not going to cut it. I mean, if you're not going to hit the ball hard, it's it's hard to have power. That's that's why you bought Vinnie pas Quentina. That's wheat by Fantas the managers buy him. That's why the Kansas City Royals have. That's what they expect them to hit. Thirty home runs.
Speaker 2: Yep, that is the truth. Big day today in Baltimore for Doogie Kauser and Kyle Bradish. You look at the score of nine to five and you sort of cringe a little bit out of the gate, but then you realize that Bradish when seven innings, four hits, three walks, four strikeouts, thanks start for British. Can I rant for a second about the Jays?
Speaker 1: I was curious also if you can address why Mills was on your Miles was on your waiver, Wik, because I was watching that game and he was getting destroyed. So maybe you can tell you that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well the reason the Miles is on there was obviously not because of today. It was prior to today. And again, uh, the Jays because of injuries or whatever. We're forced into that situation. But I find the player. It's it's fascinating, isn't it. Did you did you read my blurbo him?
Speaker 1: I did not? Yes, I did? I did? I did read it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. He's got a total of fourteen and two thirds innings of minor league ball on It.
Speaker 1: Was all the lists of all the injuries that he had, back surgery, Tommy John recovery.
Speaker 2: What I find amazing is the fact that Jays took a chance on him in the Rule five draft and prior to today, to today, in thirty three innings, he posted a two sixteen era he's actually their number four starter. Okay, Uh, when you look at all of that, pretty remarkable that with so little on his resume he's accomplished as much as he has. Uh, I'm I'm I'm still going to throw a small, a small chunk of change at him. Probably it's in leagues, right, a jornable, a tab to play around with, but because you know the Jays are going to keep him up there for the whole year, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got I mean, he throws hard fastball, sits at as a sinker, sinker, curveball, which is kind of interesting. Typically ninety six mile an hour sinker probably up to ninety eight gets a good whiff. You don't usually see a sinker with that amount of whiff. He doesn't really have the big secondary pitches though, slider nineteen percent, curveball twenty five percent whiff rate, and he doesn't throw a change up. So he's using a sinker to go against glove side batters because sinkers are going to go away from from what is your right handed so it's going to go away from a left handed batter. So that's so that's a little I think that's a little dicey to do it that way, but that's that's what he's decided to do because he does have a change up. So, yeah, what's his expected ear A two ninety six, so run higher. It's now up to three point fifty four expected. The era is probably going to be four forty probably he feels about right. What's number four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just found it. Like as soon as I saw fourteen fourteen and two thirds innings down on you know, down on the farm. It obviously speaks to the desperation in Toronto to get some starting pitching. But at the same point in time the kids pitched, okay, you know what I mean, And hey, in als, he should definitely be a target this week. I would pay.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a ground ball machine because he's sawing that that sinker a thirty time and it's just it's a ground it's minus two launching, which which basically means it's people are hitting it on the ground. So and he's gets it's a good pitch because he gets a lot of swing and miss with it. He's getting guys beating it into the ground. Batting average against this one seventy five it's a good pitch, no wonder he throws it along.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the other point with the Jays. If the Jays lose out on a playoff spot by one game, John Schneider should be fired.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Well, because yesterday they had a five to one lead against Baltimore, totally in control of the game. Okay, and they bring in John Schneider brings in Louis Barlin to pitch the eighth inn in a five to one game. Barlin walks through the eighth, no problem, five to one going into the night. Well, it's Jeff Hoffman times and okay. And John Schneider is a players He takes great pride in being a players manager and being a player's manager. He can put that in his resume when he gets his asspireds at some point in time. Because Hoffman proceeds to totally blow the game, Jay's end up losing a game that they shouldn't have lost. Why, you know, come on, you and I we can look at the numbers. We can. Jeff Hoffman has his ups and his downs. The inconsistency, you know, he he'd thrown the ball well over his prior six to seven starts. But it's like one of those every time he goes out. For me, it was a cringe thing. Okay, is this going to be the day that he blows up again? And you know, hey, and for him to make the decision to go with Barlin in the eighth, he's he hasn't protected if he wants to go with Hoffman in the ninth. Okay, fine, keep Varlin handy in case he's but he didn't half into the eighth.
Speaker 1: And then if you got Farland sitting there.
Speaker 2: That can go in inning in a third or an inning and two thirds. And you know, yeah, no, it was just it was.
Speaker 1: He played.
Speaker 2: Very much so and hey, I get it. It's fine to be a player's manager, but it's going to cost you at some point in time your job. That's all I basically, yeah, I I I shook my head at how that whole thing unfolded. And again he'll probably you'll probably go back to hopping in the ninth and another starter too, and away you go.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's take a break. Anytime Tim gets a chance to row on Jeff Hoffman, he takes it. Well done, well good ranked him, thank you well back in a second, everybody could take a quick break. I'm to tell you, man, as long as you got Amaya, you were dead dead right on Louis Varlin. I mean, you just nailed that one.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks, Rich. I I just saw the opportunity. The Jays said in the off season that they were going to look to improve the bullpen. They weren't happy with how things shut shook down, And you look at it's not it's non personal personal, Jeff. It is the fact that your season last year was like a roller coaster. It was up, down, all over the place. Well, he add all of that up, and Louis Varlan pitch lights out. He's got to be the next guy in line. And for an organization, he said they were going to look at improving their bullpen. They already had one piece there they added Rogers. I just saw an opportunity sitting there waiting to happen. Then, if it wasn't for John Schneider, probably would have happened sooner. Uh So, Yeah, yeah, that one. That one's worked out well so far, and I hope it continues to. Louis Varlin looks totally in control of his game right now, he really does. I think it's hard him.
Speaker 1: I've got him in three leagues thanks to you, So I appreciate that as well. I do have canal spent several hundred dollars a canal across all my leagus. I got that one as well. But I got Louis Varland. So you know, fifty to fifty, that's that's not a bad that's not a bad percentage.
Speaker 2: No, hey, many a major leaguer who would love to be fifty to fifty with the hit tool, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I got a couple more questions for you before you get into your before you get into your waiver Ward Lucas Ersek, I mean, I hate what you wrote about, like the uh when you wrote about the Kansity Royals closer situation to go, it looks like it's going to be a job share. Lucas Ersek has been awful. I mean, if somebody deserves to lose a job, it's him. It shouldn't be no job share should be you're pitching the six inning pal.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, but again up until a couple of games ago, Lucas Orzig in the area of three twenty six, what's okay? Six point thirty three, three games, three outings, back to back blown saves eight earned runs in those three outings. He is totally employed now I employed. I Yeah, that's too. Yeah, that's too. Yeah, you should be unemployed.
Speaker 1: Kind of in a couple of leaks, I'm not happy. Yeah, and it's like, what the hell I mean, I've not got a bad enough team. I'm one of my better players is now blowing up, like, come on, give me a break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well exactly. I Matt Stram came back to David. Matt Stram is not a closer, and he's proven that over a long career. Okay, so I didn't even mention Stram in my narrative. I went with Daniel Lynch. He's been hitching really well again, he's failed starter, including I. I think what they will do is a once.
Speaker 1: Elite prospect, Daniel Daniel. He went from Daniel Lynch to Daniel Lynch the fourth and that's that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so too, Like there are three better than him already, right, yeah, that's right. Yeah, So I I think what they'll do is they'll probably give Ursak a couple of days, they'll start Lynch if they're in a save opportunity, see how it goes. They might job share it for a bit. I don't think they will take Lucas Ersik has had a good season, there's something wrong right now. I think they'll try and fix it first and put them back into the role. Now, hey, I think that's.
Speaker 1: Fair, But they got to take them out of the role. I mean their season, Tommy is it might have already slipped away. It is definitely yeah, way.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they can't afford to give up games now, much the same as the Jays. They can't afford to give up games in a tough division. And I'm just not convinced right now that they'll take Ersak and say you're you're never going to be the closer again. I think they'll they'll give them a bit of a break. They'll they'll look at tape, they'll try and figure out what's going on because he has had a huge, huge success this year. Oh okay, uh, figure out what's gone wrong and get them back into the role. If they can fix the problem apparently is so yeah. I'm just yeah, Hey, it's easy for us to say, yeah, yank them, get him to there and put them in purgatory. But I don't think the Rolls will take that approach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they might. I think they should. I mean, it's it's just I don't know. He's not been very good at late. Let's go to komber Rocker. Yeah, I've been playing Russian Roulette with komber Rocker. It's because I mean, I I can. We can go down your injured list, my injured list. It looks like everybody else is all your best pitchers are sitting on the injured list. So cumber Rocker is healthy. And when there's a good match up reason I put him in. And I don't want to look at the results. To me, just I hope he makes it. Throw it, and he eight did on Saturday six and he's pitched three hit snow and runs, two strikeouts and three walks. He's got a three fifty ARRA, but it's an expected array of a run higher. It's only striking out seven and a half for nine. Maybe at some point he becomes a better pitcher, but this is a number five starter at the moment. This is a guy that you you just cannot count it. Correct, Am I am I overstating it?
Speaker 2: No, You're stating it perfectly fine. All you have to do is a quick scan. Yeah, he six innings, pitched three hits, pitched really really well, two strikeouts. He was playing. He was pitching against the Royals. The game before that, he allowed four earned runs over five innings. Okay, against the Astros the game before that was a total miracle, but it was the Rockies in Colorado, just no earned runs. The game before that against Arizona, no earned runs, then three and five, but the strikeout totals three, three, seven, five two. I think you're doing it the right way. Start him against favorable sit them, against the Dodgers, any the cover, anybody with an offense, sit them. I don't feel confident right now in Kumaracker being much more than, as you put it, the number five starter with an Eirin or before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm starting about a third of the teams. I'll start up against the Mariners, and I probably won't start up against the White Socks. There. Maybe I will now that Markami's.
Speaker 2: Out, but I'm yeah, sorry, I would.
Speaker 1: I wasn't starting marginal pitchers against the White Sox with Mr Kami and there. I mean, that was a dangerous lineup. Now we'll see what it is now. I might feel a little bit better than that, But like Mariners, are no good Marlin's. You know you can pitch against them. I was starting everybody against the Mets. That might as as Juan Soto is starting to look more like Juan Soto, maybe I take a step back there, but otherwise, I mean, just know, these marginal guys, you got to be really really careful. And I know it's all about getting innings in at but sometimes with pictures tim as, you know, it's a PSA for everyone. It's be really really careful. You do have ratios if you're playing anything besides the Points League, and that you gotta be careful about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't take very long lucas Er to destroy the ratio.
Speaker 1: It's demoralizing because you can be sitting there and you know, let's call it fourth place, and you know, with an e A and then in a week you can drop, you know to eleventh place in arts leagu r twelfth place and it takes you weeks to come back from that. And to me, I find Fantasy baseball part partly emotional. It's like when you just get slapped around for a couple of weeks, it's it's hard to come back emotionally, to come back and say, ah, there's got to be more to life than this.
Speaker 2: Ye Oh yeah, it does get tough because, like you said, it can take you. Uh like in my XFL and me at my league, I had the schemes and a couple of bad starts at the beginning of the year. Well I'm now up to uh eer a and web I'm now up into the top half. Okay, but it took me two months to get there, Lucas Ersik, could you know two three two three bad starts and you're back to what took you two months to accomplish. And you're right. That does leave a certain mental strain, okay, and keeps me away from a blood pressure cuff for an extended period. It's tough, it really is, because you you do things the right way, and sometimes the right things don't happen. And yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay when you when you logically think it through and you say, I'm not gonna I'm not going to start this guy against whatever team it is. We've got reasons and he either has a good outing and you go, well I should started. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is kooma rocker luck he's had a couple of good starts. Let me just throw them in there. I'm gonna forget. You can't do that. That's how you get annihilated.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. And I got lucky because I have two or three shares of ers and in one league my ear is totally destroyed, so it didn't matter. And the other two leagues, I sat them because I've got four closers. So I said, ah, who am I going to house? Said, I got, I got other guys. I So I lucked out and I didn't take the full impact of where there would there have been a week two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's let's finish on Mike Trout before we get into your waiver wire. There's starting to be a little bit of noise on the internet with writers speculating that the Angels are finally going to move Mike Trout. I mean, it's a day late and the dollar short, as they would say. He's having a great season. Hit his fourteenth. He is at batting average up to two forty one. It's on base percentage just four to twelve. I mean he is. He's on a thirty five home run forty home run pace with a four hundred one base percenta to that is vintage Mike Trout. He's even stole five bases.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not around ten pick or around twelve pick. Wherever he went this year, it was so late, it was sad. I remember I was talking about it.
Speaker 1: But I would hope this is a plea for me, and I'm hoping you would agree with this, that the Angels need to move them, and they just need to move the guy so he can at least get a chance to compete in a playoff game in a World series. And I mean, they're gonna have to eat a big part of his salary, but maybe they get a couple of pieces back. They're not going anywhere the way they're going, and Mike Trout, I think they just need to move them.
Speaker 2: They've had enough bulblehead nights from Mike Trope and that's the only thing he has left other than staying healthy and you know up numbers. That's I agree with you. There's nothing happening in angel Land for a while. Yeah, you know, a perfect destination for him would be the White Sox.
Speaker 1: That would be very interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't yeah, Trout and Murricami, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: It would be fun for the white Sox fans who are who have lots of reason to enjoy what's happening this year. Yeah, I would hope they move them. Would I bet on it? No, Because again, it'll get into money and somebody's gonna have to somebody's gonna have to eat a whole chunk of it. Right.
Speaker 1: Look, I've talked to enough front offices and a lot on the business side as well, and I know there is a given pool. The marketing department is on the phone to the front office going whatever you do, do not trade Mike Trout. He because he brings in this amount of money. And I mean, they've got it all for sure, and it's but in the end, it is about winning games. And yeah, everybody loves Mike Trout and Los Angeles and they don't want to lose them. But what they really want is a winning team. And if you can get you can get some salary relief, and you can get some young players in there. That Mike Trout is over, he's passed his prime. They can get some guys that are twenty two years old to have a chance to be sixty percent of Mike trout and start to fill some holes and then three or four years you're a better team. I think you got to do that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you're gonna lose some bibblehead nights and you're gonna lose a little money along the way.
Speaker 1: But the long term is you want a winning franchise because that's what gets fans to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's let's face it. All you have to do is look back over the past two three years and Mike Trot has endured a slew of injuries, He's missed a pile of time. How many opportunities are you going to get to move Mike Trot? That's right, when he has when he has fourteen home runs at the end of May with a four twelve OVP, you might not yet another opportunity that is as good as the current one is.
Speaker 1: Rich that's right, people, I bet you I haven't taken a look at this. Maybe one of our listeners to take a look at what the White Sox average attendance is doing. I bet its way up because they're winning games.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, they're winning games. Yeah they They brought Nasheeda up this week and the place was just rocking Okay, I didn't even put him in the Waiver Wire because I like the story, but I'm not recommending anybody by it for fantasy purposes. Yeah, hey, it's a great story. But again, the fans just went wild when they brought him up, and he's got so much enthusiastic they shot him in the Jurassic Room, pounding back a couple of beers, like, hey, yeah, so it's exciting right now.
Speaker 1: I almost did a daily Notes on him as well, but I decided, I mean, let's let's do a couple of waiwhear be where we break for another comer from a commercial break here. I'm really proud of you for putting ed Edwin Arroyo. Been talking about him a lot on the Patreon site, and he's, as you say, he's off to a great start. He's very young though, he just turned twenty two. So but I mean, particularly if Elie de la Cruz is really hurt, you might be prophetic here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think it's gonna happen sooner than later. He's playing too well, they'll find it. And and they've also been getting him some reps in at third base. Okay, yeah, it's it's all set up and if de la Cruz is hurt, then we don't have to worry about the reps at third base for now, do we. Uh? I just again, I know it's hard to believe, but occasionally I do. Listen. Yeah, I mean, well, yeah, you know, I know you've been big on him for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's he's yeah, he's done. The Boston Ress just scored six, six earns off of somebody. Let's see who did the damage playing the Guardians Guardians Tanner Biby, Okay it was it was pitching, okay, and let's see. Let's see so oh no, so he didn't Yeah, he only gave six. He pitched the quality start three and run six inning spitch. It was Alderman and then screwed him over.
Speaker 2: So okay, well has done that before.
Speaker 1: Reference all right, So anything else to say about Evan barroial No.
Speaker 2: You got power, you got speed, you got out the handle of that, and yeah, the Reds have been sort of floundering lately, which is understandable considering their bullpend mess. But they need a spark and I think he could give him that spark. Hopefully it doesn't come at the cost of Bellie de la Cruz spending time on the I L.
Speaker 1: I think it's safe to say boring old JP Crawford. Is that fair?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's JP Crawford, except this year he's hitting for power. He's number three on the home run list for the Mariners, which explains part of the Mariners problem. By the way, Wow, well yeah, when JP Crawford's you number three guy with nine homers, yeah, there's yeah, it identifies a need. Yeah, he's playing well. He's up to nine home runs. Good set a career high this series. Well on pace for it another one as I put it ride the hot streak well at last special Okay, run score could be higher, but nobody's hitting worth a leg behind him except for Luke Raley. Yeah, he's having a good year. And if you have a middle infield need give him a look.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at his data. He is hitting the ball a little harder, eighty eight point two up from eighty seven point two, and it has slowly risen over the last few years that he's you've got enough for fifteen home run pop his it's weird. He's hitting the ball harder, He's not striking out as much, but he's got a terrible babbit because he's only hitting two nineteen. If we take a look at his babbit, it's got to be really low. Two twenty six babbit. Tim, there's upside of it. There's upside with this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, how much are you going to spend on JP Crawford tonight or Gauge Jump. You're spend five bucks on one, you'll spend ten times at plus on the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fair, that's fair. But I mean, if if you don't need a short stop, you don't need a shortstop. Everybody needs church. Yeah that's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Mm. Yeah, I agree with you. But for a relatively nominal f you're getting yourself a I think a pretty good player.
Speaker 1: Expected batting average is two fifty one. I think times onto something. There's no speed left, but it could be fifteen home runs with a guy that can hit a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, score runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a middle endfielder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Uh. I was actually surprised that Tatsui am I only roster to forty four percent of CBS leagues. I mean, people have they run away from him, mister McLeod.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they haven't run they've taken They've taken one of Musk's rocket ships and blasted off to get away from him. Yeah, roster, But what do you do with a pitcher's struggle to begin his career and he goes out and causes a no hitter?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I put you remember then the four years before arriving in Houston, his worst year A was two point four or five. I think the talent's there. I think patient's required. He pitched okay today. If he happens to be if you happen to be in a league where he's dropped, would I spend fifty percent of my fab on him? No, but I would bid on him. Pitching is tough, and I know two stars arts and the phrase turn a corner. Yeah, take what you want of that. But he's looking a lot better, and as the number five starter, I think he's worthy of a ross response right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My concern would be, and I'm sure this is your concern, if you're going to walk a lot of guys and you're pitching in in Japan, you might be able to get away with it. It's got pretty good stuff, yep, which he does. It's hard to get away with that. In major league baseball, you get punished and.
Speaker 2: Gender, Yeah you do. And one of the things that concerned me, and I mentioned it in the off season and I'll reiterate it right now, is that last year we saw a huge change in the walk rate for Amaya. Okay, we're talking huge, like about a fifty percent improvement. Okay. He cut the walks down last year in a big way. And one of my concerns when looking at him was is this real or do we see regression in his first year in major league baseball at the levels he demonstrated prior to last year. And I think it was a legitimate concern and it's coming to the floor. He is walking. His walk rate last year was very very low, and it looks more like that was a one off as compared to his career. Model Rich, I.
Speaker 1: Think we all remember you saying that. We appreciate you saying that, but in all due respect, you know, I love you like a brother. That was very very fine print. I mean you were all then with fine print. You guys need a magnifying glass will say it was fine print there, mister mcclown, you did say it. Yes, that was eight minutes of a love vessel of mine. And it's like what they am worried about?
Speaker 2: You know? Is that.
Speaker 3: I said, and I said.
Speaker 2: Whis voice very quietly.
Speaker 1: We were all in love with the guy, So hopeline and sinkred him too funny a quick break and come back and get some more.
Speaker 3: Names, get composed him.
Speaker 1: I just I knew it was gonna it was a win win from rich Wilson.
Speaker 4: It was if he was going to pitch well, I was going to do well where I drafted him, and I was going to be thrilled.
Speaker 1: If he was going to pitch poorly, we can make fun of him.
Speaker 2: I mean it was it was win win, well, yeah you got, you got a full years worth of entertainment. It sucks, man, I mean, if.
Speaker 1: We've all done it, you you fall, You basically wind up a player and then he just bombs and it's just like you just have to wear it. You have to wear it, and it's nothing else you can do.
Speaker 2: The crow put it in the frying pat adds eleven and exactly eat away.
Speaker 1: Exactly here could be my crow coming up in that case.
Speaker 2: Jump. Yeah. I got stuck with the word okay because we discussed it on Yeah, I think it's on Saturday, and yeah he was okay, so I sort of overdid it. You know, he pitched okay, Okay, might have to be good enough when half your game is there in the Sacramento band box. But kept the ball in the yard. We saw the strikeo potential, and I'm thinking expect more.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got a great arm, he's got a Yes, he's got a great arm. Pitches in a horrible situation, horrible location in Sacramento, I mean, but and it's not a great matchup going even going into uh on Away Park. It's Chicago, though, I mean that's Shock has got a good team. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Mmmm. Yeah, I'm hoping that they can find a way somewhere to find find a bad or two that heats up. Nobody's going to take and replace those twenty home runs. And it's looking like what six weeks, four to six weeks for America. He's what I read, he's got.
Speaker 1: He's got to the Cobs, not the not the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry yeah, yeah, sorry, sorry my bad. But but again the white the white the White Sox offense. Yeah, they're they're going to need a miracle to survive his absence, I think.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of which the miracle might come in the form of Jacob Gonzales.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, I was a bit more bullish on him and sort of came down to earth over the past twenty four hours after we talked yesterday. Yeah, fifteen of those eighteen at home. Yeah. So basically what I've done is I love the power and the power potential, but at the same point in time, I think it's important that we don't forget where a good chunk of that pop came from. Uh it was Charlotte. Uh. I think he can still be a good asset. But if you're betting on equaling that same power potential, I think you're asking for too much. How was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree with you. And look, I hope because all Jacob Wilson ALMOSSU is as similar play. If you remember, Jacob Wilson looked like the rookie of the year and so that Kurtz Fella came on the on the road.
Speaker 2: So it was well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jacob Wilson got off to a really really strong start. Let's hope Jacob Gonzales could do it. But Jacob Wilson has become the guy that we thought he was going to come, light hitting, good middle endfielder. Jacob Gonzales, light hitting, good middle endfielder. I think that's I think they're kind of comparable players there. So yeah, yeah, Vaughan Grissom, is he on this list.
Speaker 2: He's on this list because Nolan Shan you will hit the il with ankle tendonitis and there is no timetable for a return at this point in time. But he had he had a six rb a home run, six RBA game on May twenty six. Okay, that gets your attention, Okay, but I wanted to see what he did over the next three four games before I brought brought him to the waiver wear and he's added five more RBIs in the four games since that big one. Now, he's likely a short term play, but if he keeps hitting the way he's hitting right now, it won't be a short term play. They'll find room in that lineup for that bad and right now he's hot, so he qualifies at first, second, third, the middle corner. There's a lot of different ways you can use von Grissom, but until we get some sort of a timetable from annual he's going to be playing on a regular basis and he's hot.
Speaker 1: You could have put a gun to my head and said what team does Vaughan Grissom play on it? And I could not have told you. I mean, I've completely lost track of that guy after you know, he's he's been bouncing around with the Rays and all over the place and Braves, I believe Braves. That came up as a brave and yeah, it's just it and he winds up. Okay, let me, he just got me. It looks like he's going to get a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hey, with opportunity, one never knows.
Speaker 1: Do they Eric Lower with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that sort of got ugly. You know. Lower in twenty twenty three had a great year with the Brewers three sixty nine year, I basically straight going in any hundred. Yeah. In twenty last year he was key part of the Jays rotation. Okay, they didn't go too well with year. He wasn't happy the Jays based on his performance, weren't happy. Be the Jay's moved on and normally I wouldn't have looked at recommending Eric Lower.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you did, But tell me why why did you recommend him?
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers scooped him up for cash, something they have lying around and coach coaches. I like that one. Your AI assistant full marks there in his first start, in his first start with the Dodgers, six innings of one run, ball and the w You can never have enough pitching. And then the Dodgers, no doubt, as good as anybody else. A small bid just makes sense to me. We've seen success in the past. The Dodgers have got him in that rotation for now, eventually to be replaced probably by River Rhyme. But he won that first game and he looked like the Eric lower we saw last year. Why can't he duplicate that? The Dodgers wouldn't d You are a smart organization, Okay. I if they would have traded him to Sacramento, you would never see him mantion of Eric as a Dodger. I think right now it's worth a look.
Speaker 1: I cannot disagree with your logic, Okay. The fact is he's not a very good pitcher. That's just fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's number five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does throws the ball like, what is it, ninety miles an hour? Ninety miles an hour lefty.
Speaker 2: That's where the wind behind him.
Speaker 1: That's what it doesn't strike out. None of his pitches besides his cutter thirty one and everything else is not a swing and a miss. His slug on his four seam for six hundred, slug on his on his cutter is seven twenty two. I don't get it, man, I don't see anything here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except in his last start. Okay, he won. He's got a big offense behind him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Obviously happy in La versus Toronto. Personal motivation. I just that it's pretty tough to walk away from any Dodger starter, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. But man, they've got it. Yeah, took them and they got River Ryan sitting in there. River Ryan can't with his ninety nine on our fastball, can't come in and pitch better than Eric Lauer. That's that's what I say.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's what the Dodgers believe right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could be again talking my book, so I apologize, but I think it's River Ryan, and I got River Ryan everywhere. So talking talking your book is when you come and basically you've got something that you're trying to promote and pimp out so that other people want him and you could trade it to him. I noticed what it sounds like. But I just think River is the better choice here as opposed to Eric Lawer. But maybe they run him out there till he becomes Eric Lawer again, and then that's when they bring up River Ryan. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I've got River Ryan mentioned totally. Yeah. I said he's shoving it. Okay, he's allowed wonder and run for the strike up brainning in fifteen innings, pitch three starts. He's now we've got his work holder up to six innings. I spend a penny now or pay the piper later. He will get the call, and I'm convinced of that the River Ryan will get the call. But I think for now they're going to roll lower out there and get as much out of that arm as they possibly can.
Speaker 1: You take a look at the Dodgers starting rotation.
Speaker 4: Timmy may we for a moment we may Yamamoto great, yeah, great, ace em it she hand could be good. Definitely a startuple guy number three four guy now and then.
Speaker 1: It's law anywhere power Robleski and Sasaki. That's your Yeah, three through six in a six mare rotation that you have to do because of Shani. That's not pretty good. No, Tyler.
Speaker 2: Rabloski's up and down. He'll pitch a jam and then in his next outing he'll get absolutely clawber. No, he's not striking, but you know who has. And I've gotta I've got to admit I'm using the word surprisingly here. Pitch well in his past five starts. This is Zaki, I know. Yeah, it's the past three starts against Philly. Yeah, against Philly, Milwaukee and the Angels, he's allowed four and runs and the UH one two and zero one two one two before that. So all of a sudden, the walks, after a horrible sort of walks, have come down. Two of his past three outings, he's got w's and he's struck out seven and eight in those two games. So Sazaki is pitching a lot better. I yeah, you look at the rotation that there are, there are question marks, but still it's a pretty good rotation. And they still have River Ryan sitting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting with Sasaki. If I could just for a moment, his eras for fifty nine has expected eras for fifty five, so he is pitching to that era, which is good news in this case because if you believe, and again remember, advanced statistics, expect expected advance statistics are all looking on the previous stuff you've done. It's not projecting. Okay, the last three starts we've seen better control. If you believe that control has gotten better and you start to see that your income down, that expected array is going to come down, rut with it, and then all of a sudden he could be sitting at a three seventy five her expected array matching up, and you're going to go, wow, that's a much different player. So I think it is about the control here. Nothing wrong with the stuff.
Speaker 2: No, again, the velocity isn't what it once was.
Speaker 1: Hours hard to hit though, Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: But he's only you know, he's only twenty four years old.
Speaker 1: I know. Look at this slider with a forty two percent rate split finger with a thirty three percent rate forkball to thirty two. That's nasty stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Let's hope of moving forward he can sustain the results of the past four or five starts. Yeah, if it, then that makes the Dodgers even more of a powerhouse, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it doesn't sound like they're going to get Blake snow back anytime soon, does it.
Speaker 2: No, And they're not getting Yeah, they're not getting snelled back. I don't think till probably next year. And glasnow is day to day forever, right, yeah, pretty much. Yeah, so yeah, they can't.
Speaker 1: I think there's room for mister River Ryan and and they're probably hoping that that Eric lower can whatever he can give them is probably is good. So yep, which is why they're good. This is why they're going to have Trek Scubale, Tim, they will have Terrek Scuball in this rotation.
Speaker 2: Well, the Detroit's Detroit's not going anywhere, no, okay. Their bullpen is in total shambles, and we can discuss that a little bit later. But runs, yeah, they're not scoring runs. Yeah, they don't enough starting pitching, and the bullpen's terrible. Other than that, the deed is great.
Speaker 1: They got a great walk up music for all their players. That sounds great.
Speaker 2: You catch that behind a forty.
Speaker 1: He sounds great. It's the tumbles behind the anyway, it's a good call out, Sasaki And I'm glad you brought that up because I've got him on a couple three leagues, and I've been starting him more based on his last uh you know, his his last production that he's done, and it's been against decent teams like the Phillies, and he's pitched better. So maybe we're finally starting him. If he can control those walks, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely a positive sign.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Tim Is, I'm obviously a little uh less bullish on Eric Lauer as Tim Is, but Tim's a better player than me. So I'll let you guys decide what you want to do there, Chase me and Trough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's chasing medros You know what, He's tied for thirty second with thirty five run scored, handful of homers. This strong betting average OBE skills twenty nine percent just seems a little light if you. If you're looking for a middle infielder, I give him a look. Rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. When I was writing about Justin Gonzales, I thought he might be an interesting upgrade from Chase Medroff. But chas it's been, Chase Medroff has been very good.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I think at twenty nine percent, I think we should be showing him a little bit more love. Jake McCarthy, Yeah, nps over the past week, hitting near the top of the order, speed run scored small, big, get it done.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at the Rockies. We haven't we haven't busted on them in a while. Can we do that?
Speaker 2: Easy? Easy, easy foddery?
Speaker 5: Yeah, going wrong there.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like, I mean, the guys just come up and they don't play well. I just I've never quite understood them. We go to roster resource. I don't even know who they're starting lineups anymore. Okay, the Rockies here we go, ye.
Speaker 2: Batting lead office Jake McCarthy, Yeah, correct.
Speaker 1: I mean this is not a first division regular, right. This is not a guy that the Dodgers are going to put on in the outfield is but he's getting some playing time. Tyler Friedman.
Speaker 2: If the if the Dodgers are offered McCarthy for cash, they're responsible. How much are you paying us?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Tyler Freeman's kicked around with the Guardians, and now is your number two hitter, your best hitter on supposedly on the Colorado Don't think so? T J Rumfield. Okay, Hunter Goodman's having a decent season. Trey Johnson, Okay, not very good. Willie Castro okay. Zecho Tover is having a terrible season at least the last sight looked Sterling Thompson. I'm surprised he's still kicking in there, but he is an Edgeward. True, that's a terrible line up, Tim a terrible I mean, Brit Doyle. He's back in the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a five hundred team at Triple A.
Speaker 1: It's that doesn't include their starting rotation.
Speaker 2: But yeah, why why would why would we let's go biling on? Isn't it fifteen yards? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how's Charlie Condon doing. I haven't written about him in a long time, which is probably not good. He hasn't. Let's see, he's hitting two fifty seven with seven home runs.
Speaker 2: No, no, Well, average ext velocity is ninety miles an hour.
Speaker 1: There's no leverage still, it's like eleven degrees of leverage. Come on, Charlie had some had some yoke to it. Man, let's let's.
Speaker 2: Get it out. Yeah exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is good enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, No, It's it's tough in Colorado, it really is.
Speaker 1: We talked about we talked about Curtis Mead earlier. I mean, look, that guy's been really good, I mean really good lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has you know four we're stand RBI's ten ninety nine ops over the past two weeks. Yeah, I'm happy for Curtis Mead and I hope he continues at that pace. And again you got middle and corner infielder's corner infield positions locked up at twenty five percent. Roster definitely worth worth a look to.
Speaker 1: Me, Gonna take a break, come back, and I'm going to give you another name. Okay, who does having a really nice season? Your Handy Morales, Handy Morales, third basement, first baseman with your Washington Nationals.
Speaker 2: Okay, the guy that Curtis me stole his job.
Speaker 1: That guy, well, he hasn't been promoted yet, so he hasn't a chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: But I just hitting three nine for twenty five on base percentage six or two slug with twelve home runs, twenty four strike I mean it's a little bit strikes, striking out a little bit too much, but that's that's not bad.
Speaker 2: No, So what you're saying is we will not see Brady Hoset ever in Washington.
Speaker 1: That's I don't think I wrote a detailed analysis on brady House. Yeah, and I've always been a bit of a Brady House apologist. I thought he could be a major leaguer.
Speaker 4: I'm not twenty home runs, I think. Yeah, I'm not so sure. I mean, he might be able at twenty home runs, but there's really nothing else there at all. I don't think he's going to hit very well. There's no speed, he's not very athletic. He's an average defender. I mean, I think Morales steps in front of Brady House, and if somebody gets hurt there at first or third, you could see Johandi Morales coming up.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, and you start looking at it. If if Curtis Mead stays off the il and keeps itting the way he has, yeah, it's goldn't be tough to take him out of the line for anybody, right.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. But who's playing first.
Speaker 2: Base in Washington? Good question? Oh that's uh Nate? Is that Nate?
Speaker 1: No, that's Lewis Garcia Jr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Garcia Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've also got a chance to what I mean, James WIT's playing the alphabet he is doing a lot of dagent so.
Speaker 2: But Garcia, you can go to the second base and they can put Eunias on the bench as a bench runner, which is what he is.
Speaker 1: That's right. So I think there's a chance. I've written about Johandi Morales a lot and just been trying to channel might enter Tim McCleod to trying to figure out how we could get him up, because again, fourteen home runs or twelve and runs, whatever it is in a third and season, I think guy's on pace for thirty hour runs with again a few too many strikeouts, but good plate control and ninety mile on ares velocity. There's a lot of stuff sitting there that says, hey give me a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the Nats have a pretty fair offense build around Wood and C. J. Abrams, you know, young Tellen and Cruise. They can they can have they can have a pretty sweet offense there in a year or two.
Speaker 1: If Dylan Cruz could ever could ever do anything, they might actually have something. And I have I've actually surprisingly written about a lot of Angels prospects, which is really weird this season, but I have written about more Washington Nationals prospects then I have anybody else, and it's it's so they are having some real breakout seasons, Devin Fitzgerald and Hya probably here in the next few weeks. And that guy just is like the real deal. So Dylan Cruz better hits. So there's guys gonna be chomping at him, gonna pass it right on the depth chart.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I was gonna say, he best be be looking over his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's kind of the Jordan Lawler thing. You know. Look, it's these young kids. They keep getting better, and if you can't stay healthy, you can't perform, somebody's gonna take your job. And again, the Nationals have some really interesting guys. Fever King's playing very well.
Speaker 2: It's not what Tassle doing this year at Triple A. Have you followed him at all?
Speaker 1: No clue?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't either.
Speaker 5: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, I just saw the name there and I'd ask.
Speaker 1: He's he's Wan Grissom, No, like, what team is he on? Not even sure? I guess he's so with the Washington Nationals. I mean, at some point you just just give up on guys. Let's see Robert Hassel the third again. I think he started screwing up once he put the third on there. That's just me. He's got one arm run, five stolen basis hitting two twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's not going to see him to the bigs.
Speaker 1: Nope, that's not good. Let's see what his ex velocity is here. Ex velocity is eighty nine point four. There's no leverage on the swing, dude. These guys man, they kind of started. They got to start putting damage to their swing. They got to start adding some leverage, and you know, somewhat they strike out too much. Who cares get to the major league?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two to three years from now, I'll be writing about Robert Hassel when he returns from career or Japan. How's that?
Speaker 1: I know you will. Indeed, he'll be a must pickup and I must be pressing zero point zero going we all remember Robert.
Speaker 2: Hass Yeah, yeah, he's directly related to Yeah Amy exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Complete, We're completely off the rails, I know, O waiver war anymorrow? So how about Spencer Miles?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we already talked about Yeah, yeah, interesting, I'll spend a couple of bucks tonight.
Speaker 1: I actually think that's not a bad idea. I kind of agree with you there, mister Jack Peterson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, you know, I honestly thought he was the end of the road. Okay, I but then five yeah, five homers in an eight seventy vice slug in the past week. Yeah, go figure. But you can't leave him sitting out there at four percent roster if you need power, can you got to roll the dice on him.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is stuck on your ut slot. But he Yeah, I mean I thought he was done too, So good for Jack Peterson, I agreed. Edgar Quaro, tell us, why what about Edgar Quaro? Is Kyle to you playing yet?
Speaker 2: No, No, he's not. I think he's still rehabbing the rehab he has set back, and yeah, I think this is second goal round. But this one sort of caught me off guard because I picked him up a couple of weeks ago just to have just to have a catcher with the oh Drake Baldwin, you know, just to fill a slot basically. And the more I've looked into him over the past three four weeks, he's really playing good baseball right now. On May seventh, he had two homers, seven RBIs and a five ninety nine OBS as of yesterday eight homers, eighteen RBIs and then eight h one obs. I think right now he's rostered to the two to four percent in two catcher formats. He's got to be better than a lot of the number two sitting out there, and I think he's gone from an afterthought to very relevant in about the past three weeks. I say, go get him.
Speaker 1: River Ryan is about to become a twenty eight year old rookie. I mean they it was a late bloomer, then he got hurt, and now he's coming back from Tommy John surgery. It is what it is. This guy's got a great arm. I think he's going to be a very very good picture. I got stars all around this. If he's available on your waiver war, you have to pick up river Ryane.
Speaker 2: You just have to totally agreed. Yeah, he will be one of my targets this week in deeper fifteen teen leagues. If he's sitting out there, I'm I'm just going to spend a few bucks. Hopefully land them will wait out the Eric Glower thing and hopefully reap some rewards in the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather have David Sandler, though all things considered.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I mean that that's my number one target.
Speaker 1: That's my target. The data man really look good on this guy. And I mean, I mean we talked about it on Friday. But Tim, for those that didn't catch the Friday Show, why is David Sandlin on this on this list?
Speaker 2: Because he's good, real good.
Speaker 1: I shoved it again, start absolutely shoved it.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, no walks, one hit ball, six innings, ninety seven miles an hour with the heater, and as your bonus for next week, he's going up against the Twins again. Yeah, it's yeah, there's just a lot to light there, you know. And basically the White Sox got him simply for for cash. They brought back Jordan Hicks' contract, right and and oh I think that's how the acquire was. Gotta remember, Yeah, I think it was. Jordan Hicks had a couple of forty four million old or whatever. They took the contract a good junk of it. Then Sandland was the tossin. Well, obviously the White Sox saw something and good on them.
Speaker 1: Last guy's Ezekiel Tovar. He's the rocky Okay, he's had it all that season, but maybe he's coming around a little bit. He's only he's only rostered percent of the leagues.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you know what, he still only twenty three years older, believe Yeah. Yeah. The past three weeks, yeh, three homers, ten RBIs in a two ninety average. That'll play.
Speaker 1: So the Yankees are really good, right, Yes they are. Ryan Weathers is off to a really great start. Will Warren's off to a really great start. Ryan Brothers got beat up and and Sacramento. Will Warren's getting beat up today in Sacramento. It's it's tough timmy to play to pitch in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was gonna say, yeah, it's what's the what's the score today? Where are we sitting three?
Speaker 1: Three nothing? In the first inning, Warren gave up three nowhere and runs. But he gave up three runs. I mean still, I mean he's got beat around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's that's that's okay. There was a reason for that side. Uh who handed it to him? Tred apparently with his third era of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good defender. I'm not sure what happened there. To me, I will say, let me ask you a question, because I personally thought this was a great waiver Wire. I think a lot of really interesting names on here. Did you find it difficult to come up with the names? Did it all kind of flow? Pretty obvious? Guys? What's your thinking on it?
Speaker 2: It was fun, It really was, because there's a little bit old in there, there's a little bit of new. There's some future specs like Yeah, unless you're really looking deep, you wouldn't realize that Vigor Borow is doing as well as he has. So I enjoyed finding that. Looking at Spencer Miles in his history and the whole nine yards fascinating. Curtis Mead finally showing some potential that we thought would be there, you know, Vond Grissom, like you said, you weren't sure where he was playing, you know, and all, yeah, all of a sudden over the past week, Bond Grissom my throws a no hitter. Okay, Yeah, there was a lot to like Arroyo, uh, you know for a future specta. I had fun this week, I really did. There were a lot of names that I think could really benefit fantasy squads that might Hey, they're not all going to hit, but there's some names here that I think will make teams better. And I know, they'll make my team better in a lot of cases. So I was. It was a fun week, It really was.
Speaker 4: I still kick it over that Tatsuya Maya is only owning forty four percent of leagues. He was probably rostered in one hundred percent of leagues to start the season. That's shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I again, when you start looking at redraft leagues and what we saw over the first seven weeks of the season, Hey, if you don't have yeah, yeah, you know, dynasty leagues. I'm certain that he's still rostered in dynasty leagues except the odd one where somebody just said I've had enough. But I don't think too many in dynasties have given up on them. But in redraft leagues, yeah, man, that's tough to love through. You know, you're in an NFBC format where you got no I L you've only got seven Yeah, yeah, you can't play around with that.
Speaker 1: So I'm not even sure I'm picking them up in an NFBC format. I mean, it's tough, man, He's he's been brutal, and but still it's still if you can anyway you can hold on to him, you gotta hold on to him. I but I mean, I get the realities of the situation. You know, no il slots and he's been bad, But picking up Kate Jump over Amaya, I don't think you can do that. I just don't think as long as much as I like Amaya, excuse me, Jump, I mean, Amaya's got the proven track record, it's a better environment to pitch in. YadA, YadA, YadA. I mean you gotta pick up a Maya over Jump. I think.
Speaker 2: I would ye, no, buy no, I'll take all my MVB bias. Jump concerns me of all the pictures on the board today's I had a waiver wire run last night and I didn't put a bit in on him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. I mean it's it's hard. It is hard to disagree with the Sacramento logic. I just keep saying he's got a great arm and we'll see. I mean, he's still going to pitch ch half his games away from that ballpark, and you know there's gonna be some bad, crummy teams coming into It's a sacrament to as well, so you know, if you can start them two thirds of the time and maybe it works, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yes, I'm open. Yeah, well yourself, you got a choice. You want Jump or you want Sandlin for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, I probably, I mean the logical conclusion to Sandlin, right, so he throws almost miles an hour the white side sort of role. I do worry about Mr. Comi being out. Is that going to hurt their their offense? But there seems to be something special going on in Chicago and that can really carry players for a period of time. And I mean it's hard to disagree with what's I mean. The data is the data with Sacramento. I mean, anyway you slice it, Yeah, ball jumps out, doesn't matter if your right handed hitter or left handed hit or going against a right handed picture. It just everything flies out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's like looking at you could have the best picture on the planet in Colorado, and what does that do? You know what I mean, you can't argue with what happens. It's it's the reality of the situation in the Sacramento it's a minor league park with the league boys hitting the ball a mile.
Speaker 1: I remember when it was years ago, I did an analysis home and away of just oh jeez, the picture Hall of Fame going to be a Hall of Fame left from the Dodgers Kershaw and okay, so I looked at every game he pitched over a course of a couple of years, and even the great Clayton Kershell back when he was a two something ear a. He did go to Colorado and have a four and a half five year a. This was the best pitcher in baseball. Like still give up four or five runs a game at Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know if I if I'm not, yeah, I believe I'm still right. But there has been one no hitter tossed in Colorado in all the years they've been in existence, and it was Hideo Nomo did.
Speaker 1: Of course, you've got that stuck, You've got that stat at the ready. It's a Japanese guy, of course. I mean, let's take a break. Come back the damn closer report. I'm gonna eliminate the segment at some point, may make it soon.
Speaker 2: I'm running out of the hair, eloda tail.
Speaker 1: That kind of hurt is no damn good. Daniel Lynch is a failed starter. I don't even know the hell Drew Anderson is. That's who we got on the list.
Speaker 2: Come on, Drew Anderson pitched lights out in Korea and Japan of course, Come on, lord, how could you forget those moments?
Speaker 1: You know what time is it in Japan? It's it's it's exactly the opposite. I mean, I'm asleep.
Speaker 2: Well, I checked my games from Japanese feeds because they're a day early, right, that's true. Yeah, I know the answers.
Speaker 1: Good Betty, Yeah, good Betty. Let's see Drew Anderson. I love that you can always tell when you go to fangraphs and they've got the symbols next to their name, you know that guy is pitched or played in Asia, because that's that's where they get it from. Let's see here, Drew Anderson. Yeah, thirty seven Indies pitch eleven, k's for nine four walks per nine, spected the era of two eighty eight on three sixty two ear a A he's pitched. Well, yeah, he has ball rate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think when you look at it, you know, the first thing that leaves out, at least to me, is Kyle Pinigan. Okay, he has a two three EARRA, but to go along with that two O three ear a, he also has a one fifty eight whip and four blown saves. I don't think that two O three e Arra is real. I think it's going to be a committee. But if I have to pick one of the two, I'm gonna go with Drew Anderson.
Speaker 1: Ninety five on our fastball, really good looking change up, thirty fifth rate on the curveball.
Speaker 2: Yeah it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's got pretty good stuff.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. No, and again I just four blown stage. I don't know. The Tigers will probably go within again, but I think they are.
Speaker 1: Going with again. I actually might Anderson, God help me, I might. I might put Drew. I might put some bids out for Drew Anderson.
Speaker 2: Well, in Dynasty leagues, you know he's going to be available, and again probably isn't.
Speaker 1: In Dynasty expected batting average guys are expected to hit against him one ninety one. Mm hm wow. Yeah, So Detra's gonna suck again, aren't You're gonna suck me in? I'm gonna spend all my Oh I'm not exactly what's gonna happen. I'm sorry, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of I need zero point zero on some different players.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, uh, Kyle Hurt look a great arm failed starter, right, I can't believe Tanner. Scottplow is one save for the Dodgers and he's gonna being a job share, But I guess anything as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. I don't think it's a job share right now. But Scott had a rough outing last night. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think it's a long leash. The Dodgers turned to him for a save on the twenty seventh, and he got it. You know, Hurt right now is sporting a twenty one four strikeout to walk ratio in eighteen and he's he's pitching really, really well. Even if Scott owns a job until Diaz comes back, Hurt's going to get you some saves. There are going to be days when it's going to be a heavy right handed and they want to mix and match. They want to give Scott a day off. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I like what Kyle Hurt's been doing. And if you're in a league that allows for twice weekly moves, he's a type of reliever I would want sheep that I could move in and out of my lineup to augment my starting pitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean he's got a good arm, that's for sure. Yeah, it's interesting. I uh so, I was kind of smirking and smiling at the write up. Uh So, one of my catchphrases, and so I trained, I've trained my AI engine to you know how to rate and you know what to say and so forth. But one of the things, if you read my narratives is keep an eye on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it on Kyle Hurt, and I'm going I don't think I ever heard Tim say something like that. Sounds like something I would write and my AI engine would throw in there, and sure enough it went back to the original. You did not say keep an eye on this one.
Speaker 2: So no, I didn't know. That's not an expression I use.
Speaker 1: You're right, right, So, but it's interesting. It's if I think about what you just said and Kyle Hurt, that would be something I'd want to keep an eye on this one like this, this could be something there. So I actually give kudos to the AI engine for putting that that throwaway line in there, which I think is pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We've all got our pet pet phrases that we use. Okay, I have stage of the program. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, we've all got our phrase phraseology. I'll call it that we use. And that's twenty years and I got a whole slew of mind what I have to do, and I didn't have time today. What I usually do is I go through and I reread to see how many of the same phrases I use on different people, and then try and mix it up so I don't say, you know, it's that part of the program or whatever, you know what I mean, so that I don't have it in there, like.
Speaker 4: Don't need to do that anymore. The AI engine will fix that for us. We'll make sure just oh okay, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I can't even begin to tell you, Timmy. I mean I could sit there and say, He'll phrase something like I don't like the way you phrased it. He'll give me eight different alternatives. I mean, it's it's just just I want that one that sounds better. It just boom done.
Speaker 2: I can't think of eight options, okay, in less than twenty minutes. Rich, So yeah, that's that's it is just.
Speaker 1: An amazing He's that AI stuff is just an amazing tool for writers. I don't know how we survived before it came on. Daniel lanch is the final guy. Look I love I love Lucas Ersk, I have him in several leagues. But it's Timmy's right. It's been a horrible, horrible funk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, there's there's some issues there. We just gotched earlier. Whether or not they just yank him from the little they try and work through it. Daniel Lynch, I think is a guy you think of. Matt Stram is available and apparently they activated him off the IL today. I think I was reading somewhere, but Matt Stram has never worked in a closing capacity. I would go with Lynch over Stram. I really would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they can't tell me. I can't stress. The Kansas City Royals are going to lose again today. They're going to be fifteen games under five hundred. Their season is slipping away, and it is a Monday, and there's not a lot of guys in the minor leagues that can come up and help them at the moment. They got to start doing that. It feels like somebody's gonna get fired here very soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's I think that's a very real possibility. And you know, you look at the j excuse me, you look at the Jays and whether or not it's a committee or not. I've got it as Barland being the ninth inning guy and he should be indefinitely. So I have called that that penn stable with Louis Barland closing a guy that's sort of Gomez in Minnesota intrigues me. Of the last three on this list, there is nobody that intrigues me. I mean absolutely nobody. I don't want to play around with the Reds, the Athletics, the Giants. I would rather look elsewhere to a number two three guy than look at the favorites on those teams, because they're just terrible blements, absolutely horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I love Bobby Wood Junior. I love the fact that Bobby Wood Junior solo seventeenth face today. Why is Bobby Wood Junior stealing a base when they're down six to nothing and the seventh inning, excuse me, the sixth inning, that's what he sold his base. They were down sixth to nothing, he sola base.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah, that to me, it makes absolutely no sense. No, there should be a there should be a stop sign up. Why take a chance on something that's just getting stupid happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's a stupid that's stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean, they don't have enough offense to score six sex runs in a game where they gonna come back from being five to six down. And what are your odds? Infant isly small?
Speaker 1: Batting average two twenty eight, two oh nine, two oh seven, two thirty seven, two seventeen, two twenty seven, two oh nine, two fifty two if you take out Bobby wit Junior. That's the batting average of the Kansas City Worlds with the team they threw out there today. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good, No, terrible, thy that is yep, it is definitely tim.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take our final break. I want to congratulate. I think this was a great Waiver Wire and Closer report. It was a great show. Let's wrap this puppy up when we get back.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: That's when they went ten to one, seven games under five hundred. They're still hanging. Oh your your White Sox. Five games over five hundred as they come back late in the game. It was in the seventh inning and they scored two runs and they beat the Tigers two to one, five games over five hundred. McLeod, Oh my god, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they laughed at me.
Speaker 1: I say, Coles Montgomery, this fifteenth home run, MM is exactly what we thought two thirty five going to hit thirty home runs. That's just a guy, that's who he is.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly. Well, Hey, you know what. I love what's happening in Chicago on this socide. I really do. I I really feel bad for Murammie and the fact that they're going to miss him for the next while. But good. Good for the fans there, they're excited, they're coming out to the park. Good for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: It's the pitching. Tim Sean Burke has been good. I mean, no, Schultz hasn't been very good, but he's the most famous. Anthony k has been very good. The guy that we've been talking oh, the guy we talked about on Friday with eight wins. I mean, it's it's been a really really strong pitching rotation.
Speaker 2: David Davis Martin, Yeah, Davis Martin, Yes, Yeah. Nobody had him on the in draft and hold leagues. He's probably rostered to the tune of less than two percent.
Speaker 1: I would guess, so in draft and hold leagues, I mean, nobody was just going to grab this guy. So it's a rotation to Davis Martin, Eric Fetty, Anthony K, Sean Burke and now David Sandlin. I mean that's that, that's a that's a no name starting rotation. Nobody. I mean, Eric Fetty's somewhat famous. Anthony K coming back from from Korea is a career Japan. I mean, one of the Asian players. It's just crazy, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: But they're playing good ball or having fun. And up until the injury, Murakammy has been huge. He really has. If you want to target, you know you got you gotta look at the pitching and say, yeah, it's it's getting things done. But Murakami and it's unfortunate because White Sox only have him for two years. I believe they weren't all in on Murakami. They had the best offer and procured his services. But it's not like he's got a five year deal. I think it's only a two year contract. Now there's some serious cash in two years.
Speaker 1: Eh, he's gonna he's going to be a rich man. Yes, I mean I don't. I mean I mentioned it on Friday. I mean, I don't think he's Kyle Schwarmer, but he's sure as hell like playing like Kyle schwar And lastly, look, Kys Robert makes a lot of money, so he's gonna be he's going to cost the team a bundle.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and he's entering free agency at twenty seven. I think, yeah, that's a good That's a good age, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean other than that, they they just don't have much offense. I mean it's really been Muracammi and everybody else. I mean, Coleson Montgomery can hit a lot of home runs, An Andrew beIN attendee is e chase meandrs he's been okay, Tristan Peters, Drew Romo's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know you who's been delivering and not in a huge way, but and that.
Speaker 1: She and yes, you're right, Yeah, he's been playing pretty good baseball.
Speaker 2: And Argus Argus has got some pretty stolid numbers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's but if you take a look at that, I don't bring up spot track. I mean, but there is nobody making any money on this team.
Speaker 2: Nobody, no, they they would based on the salary floor posed to the players by the owners last week, the White Sox would probably have to quadruple their playroll payroll to get the minimum.
Speaker 1: It's it's been a remarkable season. It's just just amazing it.
Speaker 2: So it most certainly has. And again I thank you, thank you for the kind words on the waiver wire. I appreciate it's good stuff, good stuff, fun.
Speaker 1: Anything going on this week you want to share with our listeners or you know, before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just going to be trying to cobble together pitching staffs, tossing a few dars tonight on some potential saves, and just a quiet week following following the game, hanging out with all my good friends over on the disc card site, having a lot of fun there. Rich I really am great group, and hey, hey, if you're part of the program, come on over and visit. We have a lot of fun over there and share a lot of wise words. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I went and saw a lot of baseball this week, three minor league games, and went out and saw Friday afternoon a tournament, a high school tournament, watching some players for a scout I was doing work for. So I'm going to take definitely no games on Monday, but I might even take Tuesday off just to cool my jets a little bit. I just feel like I'm a little burned out seeing a lot of players are all starting to blur together.
Speaker 2: Oh that's never good.
Speaker 1: It's never good. It's like, because you know, I try to take detailed notes as best I can, and then you read back through the notes ago you're trying to visually remember who the guy was, and I did I take video of this guy? Like I start to get everybody jumbled up, and that's that's not good for anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, man, you need you need to take some time to enjoy that retirement right.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be in retirement. So it doesn't feel that way. I'm just I just I'm just me. I'm doing something different that I love for a lot less money. That's that's what that's my retirement. I'm working as hard, if not harder, for about a tenth of what I used to make, and but I'm doing something I love. So that's that's what it is. I guess. So my teams all all tank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I totally understand what you're saying. I went from having one good, solid job with an income to two part time jobs and advanced by my hobbies. So I'm probably working more now than when I.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to be working, right, I know, I know, but it's I would give it up for anything. I would just you know, I just love my little life. I've carved out here and it's great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We do a lot of fun stuff and then intermixed with going and watching. I get paid to go watch a baseball game. I think that's pretty dark cool.
Speaker 2: So that is hard to beat my brand.
Speaker 1: It's hard to beat. It is hard to beat Timmy with that. We will be back on Friday. I think it's the following week I will not be around, so we'll cancel. The following weekend. That's when I have to go to Des Moines for the for the wedding. Yes, unless I get out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I did.
Speaker 1: Get refundable tickets, so I was trying to figure out, can I pull a handy between.
Speaker 2: Now and then. I'm willing to bet and give good odds that whenever you bowl that Laurie would not support it. You're going to that wedding. It's a done deal, right.
Speaker 1: So it's funny. I was. I was just looking at the flight arrangements, going okay, so what did I get myself into? Not only were the tickets ridiculously expensive. The flight leaves at six am. I'm like, oh, dear God, did I get I mean that means we're leaving for the airport at four fifteen. For that's I don't do well at that time of day, Tim, I do not do well.
Speaker 2: Sleep's overrated. Okay, I'm sure they'll give you a pillow on the plane, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, the trips sounding worse and worse. It's like, get closer to it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're definitely not selling it. You're not selling it, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Life. Make sure you get to make sure you get your haircut before you go. I'm like, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: My favorite, my favorite three words, I'm on it.
Speaker 1: That's like, okay, all right, Tim, I'm talk to you for everybody. Good luck with your teams and good luck with the waiver ward this weekend, Tim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's hoping everybody finds some use useful parts to improve their lot in life. Be safely, will and we'll catch you into the week. Rich