Speaker 1: You know the world of deceit. Telling the truth is a revolutionary act. It's the David Knight Show.
Speaker 2: As the clock strikes thirteen, It's Tuesday, the ninth of December, of our Lord twenty five. Well, today we're going to take a lot of look at the artificial intelligence. Who actually have in the third hour a guest, a best selling author. He's done twenty five book. He's an MD who works in neuroscience. The book is the twenty first Century Brain. And he's been a consultant or lecturer at the CIA, at the NSA, the Pentagon other places, so he knows something about where this stuff is headed. We're going to have to see what he has to say here about this. But we're going to begin with what is going on in Ukraine? Is this the beginning of the end? Are these people going to be able to sustain this? Russia is rapidly advancing, even though Vilensky's not even taking a look at the plant. And so we're going to start with news. We're going to also we have some interesting updates in pharmaceutical areas as well as an update in terms of Trump's tariffs. Are they working? And he finally got around to giving some breadcrumbs to the soybean farmers. But we're going to take a look at the big picture of the sy stuff. So we're back already. It ended, that's okay, all right, Well let's start with the news here, and Trump said out loud, he said, I'm disappointed that Zlynsky hasn't even read my peace proposal. And I understand how you feel is I'm disappointed that Trump hasn't even read the Constitution that he swored uphold. Maybe he doesn't like it, just like Zelinski doesn't like peace. His frustration continues to show, especially after high hopes for his twenty eight point peace plan. You know, we had this ten point piece plan between us and the government. It's called the Bill of Rights. Tell you what this is where we draw the line with what the government does and with our natural rights, our God given rights. But they didn't respect that either. So he said, I'm a little bit disappointed that Zelinsky hasn't even read the proposal yet. Well, he doesn't want peace, and neither do the European leaders as well. As he's saying that you've got the leaders of Britain, France, Germany all meeting with Zelensky to him, keep fighting, keep fighting, We're going to win this thing. Except that's not really what's happening, he said, as people love it, but he hasn't. Russia's fine with it, he said, and the assessment of what's going on with Ukraine. Of course, his follows after his son in law Jared Kushner and his former business partner. I guess you could say Steve Witkoff, who now his emissaries for geopolitics. I mean, hey, if you can negotiate a big real estate deal in New York, that's most of the stuff is about real estate, right, whether you're talking about Gaza or you're talking about Ukraine, you're still talking about people killing each other over land. And so he said, they were not. They didn't think that Zelenski was really serious about this. Moscow, as I point out yesterday, really likes the document that was released, the first NSS, which is the National Defense Security Agreement that's there basically laying out the Trump administration's perspective on foreign policy and national security. And I liked what it had to say. I just don't believe that Trump is going to stick to any of it. But Russia reported on it. You didn't have any reporting really from mainstream media here in America. So the Russians liked it because, as they pointed out in the Zero Hedge article, the document characterizes europe as weak well, warning of an unpredictable, disunified atmosphere on the European continent, where, in desperation, European leadership could overreact and escalate a war with Russia. You think, I mean, they've been doing that upfront in so many different ways. You got fred Mertz in Germany, and you've got Kere Starmer in Britain, as well as Macron and France. They're all saying, you know, get ready for massive casualties, and we've got to we've got to draft more people in the army. I mean, they're doing everything is essentially amounts to a declaration of war already. So Donald Trump's first in assistance, returning to office, blames European officials for thwarting US efforts to in the war in Ukraine and accuses governments of ignoring a large European majority quote unquote who want peace. Well, I agree with Trump on that. The Trump administration, I just don't trust him on any of this stuff. Meanwhile, there might be another way to have peace, and that is for Russia to when and it looks like that may be happening. One way to have it lasting piece is that we're going to have a lasting peace. Well, you could end the NATO provocation that is called Ukraine is a geopolitical construct that, as I pointed out before, the Ukraine was an area of Russia, an area of Russia for four hundred years, and breaking that off as a separate entity and then creating a coup to change the government that then began a civil war that happened in twenty fourteen, eleven years ago. So that is a construct of NATO who decided after the Soviet dish Union that they would eliminate Russia as a power. And so this has been a gradual policy of encroachment they're pushing for war. Putin's army seizing land at one of its fastest rates since the initial invasionment almost four years ago, says research. The Kremlins army sees two hundred square miles of territory of November, up from one hundred square miles the previous month. According to Deep State, a trusted Ukraine based battlefield map about that. They can call it deep state. Let's use that for our marketing purposes. Here, the speed of advance was approaching the fastest. It's the initial invasion almost four years ago. But then you have the desperation of the war cult Zelenski meeting with Kiir starmer Manuel Macron Fred Mertz. Ukraine is holding its own they said, and doing even better. Ukraine is not on the brink of collapse. Again, reality has no meaning to these people. If we cannot immediately reach a peace agreement with Russia, it is essential that we give Ukraine all the support it needs so it does not lose ground due to lack of support. Well, it is losing ground even though they are supporting it. And this was something that many people said from the beginning, that there was no way that Russia was going to be able to outlast that Ukraine is going to be able to outlast Russia. The comparative size of the two countries militaries, as well as you know the close proximity. It was in the cars that this is going to happen. They planned in the war drawn up by the Trump administration involved Ukraine handing over vast tracts of land and Ukraine and Europe have rejected the proposals. Well, that's one way it's going to end, and maybe end when they take the land the gains and territory risks helping to persuade Trump that peace should be set on Russia's terms. The sending weapons an aid to Kiev was a waste, yes, early, Well, why does kir Starmer want the war so much? And why does Fred Mertz want the war? Why does Francis Emanuel Macron. It's because their people understand that their governments are at war with them. They're locking people up for mere comments as they create this police surveillance state and shut down all free speech. And in the UK, for example, same things happening in all these countries being overrun with immigrants from abroad. There's fury and the UK is nearly three hundred and fifty thousand migrant families could get extra welfare after the new budget from Kure Starmer. So why does he want war? Well, because his own people are waking up to the fact that Starmer is at war with British people. That's why they'd fifty thousand form born families and they found that two hundred thousand of them were from just ten countries. Families from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria set to benefit the most from the three billion pound decision to scrap the two child benefit cap. Endless found. A Tory MP who carried out the research said, you have to ask whose side the government is on. I don't think you have to ask that anymore. I think they've made that pretty clear. They like any third world migrants and they hate all the native Britons. And if you look at the chart that's there, the ten countries are Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Somalia, India, Ghana, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sri Lanka. That's nine of them. There's only one country that is European and that's Poland. And so that's two hundred thousand of the three hundred and fifty thousand. The rest of the world is one hundred and fifty thousand. Immigrants from the rest of the world, and of course coming in for the welfare benefits, the welfare magnet that's there. So Milo Inopolis and I don't normally get into these. It's amazing to me what a soap opera the conservative alternative media has become. But they've kind of been angling for this for a long time. One of the things that I criticized Charlie Kirk for was the fact that he was going around doing culture war events and he was putting out front a black guy who was homosexual, checking two DEI boxes. And as he's going around talking about christ and Christianity, he's sending this conflicting message of supporting homosexual marriage. And he was called out on it by some people at some of the events, and he got really furious, how dare you call this out? And I said at the time, I said, this I think is very revealing because it shows what he's interested in is big tent GOP. He's interested in getting money from backers and that type of thing. And to me, it was a real betrayal of all the conservative things that he pays lip service to. But their entire Republican Party is like that, but especially the alternative media, and so Milo Ianopolis has apologized for helping to sell and normalize homosexuality and homosexual marriage. And where did he do that with the altiterative media? Milo says he's become a Christian and rejected that, and now he is outing a lot of other people that are living this closeted, as they say, lifestyle. We've seen this for a long time in the Republican Party. And Milo's point is that homosexuality is rampant but hidden in the GOP. I mean, there's been reports when they have their large conventions that Grinder you can see the spike in Grinder Activity, which is a homosexual dating app. You can see it where they're meeting geolocation. And we've seen it in the past. I mean, the longest serving Speaker of the House, Dennis Hasterard, was put into Congress from being a wrestling coach. That was his qualification beginning in Congress. Actually it wasn't his qualification wasn't being a wrestling coach. It's qualification is being a pedophile wrestler coach. And then that lawsuit called up to him eventually. But while he was in there was a paging scandal, a pager, I guess the pages. The young boys that go to Congress because they want to get experienced in politics, they got a different kind of experience they were expecting, and so there was a scandal there with Mark Foley, and so Dennis Hastert before all this stuff broke about him, went on with Russienbaum and they just poo pooed it. Oh, this is just nothing but partisan politics, the same type of stuff they're doing now with Pete Hegseth and what's happening with the murder of people in international waters. And so yeah, it's just part of some politics. Nothing to see here, except we did see what it was. And so Milo is saying that, in his opinion, it is everywhere within the GOP. Now he might have a bit different perspective on it, since he was holding himself forth as a homosexual. And of course they're still doing this with Scott Pressler, the guy with really long straight hair, you may remember him. He is a favored person for the GP in terms of representing them, and they're normalizing this. And so Milo has rejected that, and he has apologized for normalizing that, which, by the way, none of the influencers have And so you know, people like Charlie Kirk, people like Alex Jones have been normalizing this type of thing. And as a matter of fact, he went on with Tim Poole, who was also playing this game. Tim Poole had Milo on, he had George Santos. Why would you put George Santos on unless it's some kind of a clickbait thing. And so Milo is making all kinds of statements about all these other conservative influencers, Candice Owen and even Charlie Kirk and Alex Jones saying that they were involved in homosexual activity. So I don't know. And so already you've had Minnie Johnson, who he said that about, said he's going to sue mylow for what he what he said about that, He made some very specific statements about it. All I can say is that you know, when you look at how they're using this, the people who say that therefore conservative values, that they're for family values, and then they do this kind of stuff. I mean, it's just look at, you know, Alex Jones platforming Blair White, this guy who dresses up like a woman, and so again Temple put all that stuff onto his into his podcast. All I've got to say about that is the reason I mentioned this is not to get caught up in all of this gossip and all the rest of this stuff. But just take these people and look at what they do, look at what they do, and look at what they say. Ask yourself, then why would you trust them? You know, very interesting there was in terms of January the sixth, Trump has, according to some sources, was trashing the people who were the conspiracy theories around January the sixth, and then you got people like Nick Flint's. It was put up by Shannon Joy yesterday and I don't have it on the deck here, but it was footage of Nick Quinte's you know, yelling people go over there, go over there. You know they're you know, directing people on January the sixth. And I've said from the very beginning, why did they not focus? Are they focused on Ray Apps right? And not focus on Fuentes, on Alex Jones and all these people who had been running stop to steal all the people who enticed them to come. And you know it's like Ray Epps is there saying yeah, we got to go over there as well. Fints is doing that that day as well. Why does he get a pass? Is he a fed? The question is when you look at this stuff, are they selling this stuff or clicks? Are they selling it because they're being funded by people who want to use them to propagandize, you use them for controlled opposition, And I think that it really in the long term doesn't really matter that much. They're manipulating you, they're lying to you, and that's the key thing that you need to know. It's a trap in many different ways. Well, I'm going to take a quick break here because there's something going on and need to find out what is happening with this, and we're going to continue when we come back. We're going to talk about a man who died from eating cockroaches. If people swallow some of this stuff coming from the conservative influencers, I guess somebody who is kind of like swallowing the cockroaches, and if you get too much of it, it could be a very bad thing for you. So we're gonna take a quick break, folks, and we will be right back.
Speaker 1: M you're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 3: APS Radio delivers multiple channels of music right to your mobile device. Get the APS Radio app today and listen wherever you go.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome back. I was trying to figure out what was going on. Nobody scrambling and running right in and didn't know what the issue was. It turns out that we had some issues with rumble streaming. So that's now been fixed and we now have everybody back in their proper assigned seats.
Speaker 4: So you want to be on Rumble, but when somewhere else you can now go back to Rumble and watch the show there.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, as I promised, we're going to talk about some real, something really important here. But I think it is an app to metaphor for our times in a number of ways. And man, it's horrifying death as a cockroaches in a competition, And this is just yet another warning you probably don't want to get into competitions of drinking and eating stuff, whether it's hot dogs or even water, or especially cockroaches. But I've talked many times in terms of how dosage is so important. The woman who was part of a they had a radio contest that was going on, and they thought it'd be funny to give people lots of water and then not let them go to the bathroom, and a lady died because the water. Basically, if you get a lot of water an overdose on water, it will dilute I think your blood or something to the extent that it kills you. And it killed that one woman. Just in terms of doing a stupid contest, this guy stomach lining that stomach lining that's the method.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it just leaches out into your system and your body's not Your body needs water, but it's supposed to stay in its proper place.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well this guy thirty two years old, he collapsed and died as part of a contest. And guess what the prize was? A python? I want that python. Give me those bugs.
Speaker 4: Eat the bugs for the snake. This is a strange Barter economy list.
Speaker 2: He's trying to eat sea bugs and he ate too many of the bugs. The interesting thing is when I saw this, I thought, some are these things toxic? I grew up in Florida where we have really large cockroaches, palmeta bugs that would call him to try to put a I think a knife off the blow a little bit, put a nice spin on it, a label, but the filthy things, and and so I thought, you know, was it toxic? No is Actually he just respirated cockroach parts. He's trying to eat them so quickly, and so he died from assixiation, and I'm stuck in his throat. His girlfriend said that he had eaten bugs before, and she was his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: So there's somebody out there for everyone, that's right.
Speaker 5: Such a pity that he died eating bugs. He loved eating bugs.
Speaker 2: So it involved not just cockroaches, but it had several different rounds of eating different species of insects. And I don't know if these were the big swas in Florida, but I don't know if it's a big Florida cockroaches and palmeta bugs. They said they were measuring three or four inches long.
Speaker 5: Kind of sucks that he got to the cockroach round and then died there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe grass operas would have been better. I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: What you're consuming can come in a plague. Stop eating it.
Speaker 2: This might have been the Madagascar roaches or something. It's three or four inches long.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I feel like those would be too expensive.
Speaker 4: You know, those are a pet people want to buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said he was eating these things really quickly, and then he began wretching. I guess most of the people that would be nothing unusual after eating a bunch of cockroaches that you would start to throw But maybe that's why they evidently didn't give him the Heimlich maneuver. I don't know, but in the video you could see him trying to swallow and breathe at the same time. We can't do both of those simultaneously, That's right. So question from the New York Times is is Hollywood getting God? I guess you'd have a T shirt probably, yeah, instead of got milky because they got God, you know, or something. But I don't think that they get God. I don't think they understand God. I don't think they ever have understood God. And a good example of this is something that is happening today Today is the sixtieth anniversary December ninth, nineteen sixty five of the area of Charlie Brown Christmas Special and CBS really didn't get God, the whole God thing. They didn't get the whole Christmas thing either. It was kind of interesting because it was sponsored by Coca Cola. Coca Cola during the summer of sixty five, in June, as a matter of fact, came to CBS and said, we want to have a TV special that we want to sponsor. Well, you know, Coca Cola doesn't really like Christmas. It doesn't like Christ and Christmas. They've done everything they can to put Santa in his place, and these ai commercials that Coca Cola has done. They got a lot of criticism for it, but they scrupulously avoid using the term Christmas having anything to do with Christ and so they were going to be the sponsor of this, and so they said, we're on a really tight schedule, and there's actually a documentary in case you're interested, the making of the Charlley Brown Christmas So documentary. Bill Melndez is still around and he was the animator and so he's one of the key people that they talked about it, and they said, we didn't know how we're going to get this thing done. So they brought in Charles Schultz, who was they had already picked, said we're want to do something with peanuts. They called him Sparky, that was his nickname, and they said he was really incredible as a creative. He wasn't just a cartoonist. He was a storyteller. He did these things that came out of the word work. Sometimes I would just step back and like, wow, this guy comes up with great ideas. And so he was able to put together the outline for the show in less than a day. They sent the outline to Coca Cola they got on Monday. On Tuesday they called up and said they'd do.
Speaker 7: It so.
Speaker 2: And it had the objectionable scene in it, which was Linus reading the Bible passage from Luke. But they didn't really catch on to that evidently, and so the TV executives, once they got the show delivered to them, were very unhappy with it. They said they didn't like the kids' voices, which I thought pretty good. They didn't like the jazz music is that it doesn't fit, which of course that has now become a classic, it's iconic. Yeah, And they didn't like the Bible being in there. They thought that was too controversial. It's like all the things that everybody likes about it. CBS TV executives hated it. That's how totally out of touch they are with everything like this. That's why Hollywood is circling the drain and well on its way to being flushed out because they really don't get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going to have more shows like this now. In fact, you couldn't even really have them back then. Most of the time. This was lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got past them, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: They've been completely out of touch an anti Christian for decades, probably since inception.
Speaker 2: Like sixty years. Well, yeah, if you look at Hollywood. It was pretty amazing. There was an interesting BBC series is narrated by James Mason and the actor, and it was talking about the early days of Hollywood, the silent films. They called it something about silver screen, and we had it in our video stores. It was really interesting because they talked about how they made the movies and you know why movie stars wear sunglasses because they were spending all day in these really bright lights, these carbon arc lights that they were using everything, and it was doing a number on their eyes and they really need to get their eyes shaded when they went outside. They needed to rest, you know, a lot of different things like that. But how the camera, you know, how they would do stunts. Everything was real. I mean there was no special effects. They did it for real. I mean Lilian Gish is on an ice flow, and she's on a real ice flow. I mean, this is not a staged thing. And when they would the cameraman, how would they keep the steady flow. I mean it does look a little bit jerky in terms of the movement and that type of thing. But the cameramen were picked because they could turn the crank and manually the film through the camera at a constant rate, and so they all had a song that they would sing to themselves and that would be how they would pace themselves. But these guys had to keep this stuff up even when they strapped them to the wing of a biplane or something. You know, they were up there rolling this thing as they're flying around on the biplane. And so it was a fascinating series. But from the inception you can see just how perverted, I mean it was. The whole thing was like Jeffrey Epstein party, continuously of all these different people. That's why they had the Hollywood code that came in. But they've been completely out of touch with the rest of society from the get go, and they don't get it. But what they do is they manufacture a new reality, they manufacture a new consent. They're not reflecting culture, they're driving culture anyway, And back to this in the outline, Schultz Sparky had insisted that there'd be a scene from the Bible, and at the time, hardly any TV shows reference scripture of the move very risky. Mendelssohn said, Bill and I looked at each other and he said, oh, we don't know if we can animate from the Bible. It's never been done before, and Charles Schultz said, well, if we don't do it, who will. So they went ahead and did that that became part of the famous scene. This year again marks the sixtieth anniversary the TV special December the ninth, nineteen sixty five and seven point thirty, and this was a seventy fifth anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip. So he'd had that comic strip for about fifteen years before they picked him to do the film. So this is a short segment. We're going to come back though, and we're going to talk about the technocracy and some of the mounting problems that so driving cars that are going to take over the world. AI is going to run the world and going to run us, but it can't even navigate the Chick fil A drive through. They're working on an app for that, and so we're going to take a quick break. And last, did you put in the Charlie Brown thing? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I believe it's called Christmas Time and Christmas Folder.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, let's see if I can get that here. I got it, I got it? Yeah, all right. Yeah, We've got a little bit different visuals this year with the help of AI for our Charlie Brown song. We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: At the.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 3: Elvis the Beetle and the Sweet Sounds of Motown. Find them on the Oldies channel at APS radio dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, as we talk about whatever I was watching six years ago, today, the government watches you, the TV watches you back, the refrigerator watches you back. As a matter of fact, it was interesting funny story that Lance had shown me. And there was a woman who was suffering from paranoia, and she had one of these refrigerators that plays commercials all the time, and it just and it was a commercial for kind of a sci fi dystopian film. And the character in the film had the same name as this woman. And so the trader starts playing this thing and calls her out by name, and she lets just having a psychotic episode here. But I guess when they're really watching you, maybe it's not psychotic.
Speaker 7: And the.
Speaker 5: Schizophrenia and she got these messages for this TV show in which some group or AI or something is talking to this woman through various devices. So it's putting up these messages like sorry, we disappointed you, Carol, and the woman's named Carol and had been diagnosed as schizophrenic, so she thought she was having a psychotic break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I ever get a car that talks to me, I'll have to get the sound bites in there from two thousand and one. Sorry, Dave, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: I was thinking you were gonna go, you know, maybe Kit from night Rider or something like, something less malevoling.
Speaker 2: It had to be malevolent from my opinion, talking about the malevolent use of technology. Axon Enterprise, this is the company that is the biggest vendor of body cameras for cops, but of course they're also famous for developing tasers, and now what they want to do is and I thought it was interesting that the number two body camera company was motorol On. I said, you know, this is the way everything is going in the world. You know, because of the government's money, they've taken over all consumer manufacturing and everybody is now catering to the government. That's their customer. That's especially going to be true of artificial intelligence, but it has definitely been true for quite some time in terms of the technology companies that are here. Even you know, consumer based companies started getting into defence contract work because it was so lucrative. And so the police body cameras are equipped with artificial intelligence, trained to detect the faces of about seven thousand people on a high risk watch list, and they're rolling this out in the Canadian city of Edmonton. I have to ask myself, you know, when you got to I don't I should have looked up the population of Edmonton. But when you got in a town, I don't care if it's New York City. If you've got seven thousand people who are dangerous enough that they need to be on the bolo, you know, be on the lookout for. Maybe there's something wrong with the government system and the court system that you have these people on the streets in the first place. So that's my first concern is why are seven thousand people being that they say are dangerous? Why are they allowed to be out there? Then the second issue is that if these people are dangerous enough that they're going to instantly alert the police and say be careful this person. You know, they're very dangerous. They might be a threat to you. We've seen that type of thing done, labeling people as sovereign citizens. Remember when they did that after the was it two thousand and eight or something, we had Chuck Baldwin and Ron Paul ran for president, and they were telling police officers with these fusion data centers. They're telling them that if they pulled a car over and had a bumper sticker supporting Chuck Baldwin or Ron Paul, these people might be sovereign citizens, they better be on the lookout for them, and they might try to kill you. So you know, you got the police safeties off their gun. They're on a hair trigger here, and that's a real dangerous thing when you falsely identify people as they did with that. These people are not a threat to the police. But this AI can do the same thing. This AI can say this person looks like I think we've got this particular guy, and you might be completely innocent and you be misidentified by artificial intelligence. And because it's hyping up the police and telling them that you're dangerous, that could threaten you severely. So we've gone beyond the no fly list type of stuff. And so now they want to do this. So they're running this out as a test in Edmonton, and.
Speaker 4: I hope the AI is in their ear as they're getting this, just feeding them full metal jacket lines.
Speaker 6: You know, show me your war face, just getting.
Speaker 4: Them really hyped up, pumped up, ready to go rock and roll, heavy metal. Dry your gun right now, pull it on.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Regardless of the population size, if you've got seven thousand people who truly deserve to be on a terrorist watch list, that's going to be a war zone.
Speaker 2: I know, that's what I'm saying. I don't know the population is of Edmonton, but it doesn't really matter even if it's New York City or some r J. Seven thousand criminals out there that you've got to alert the police as to how dangerous they are. That's a that's a crazy situation. That means that the whole policing and justice system ain't working, folks.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm convinced there's at least seven thousand people in New York that are criminals. I am not, like you said, not convinced there are seven thousand criminals in even New York that you need to immediately alert the police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, they could be criminals because of something that they do that's not a threat to other people. Nevertheless, the interesting thing is that this is brought up six years ago by them and also considered by Motorola, who is now the number two provider of police body cameras. They're both talking about matching this with artificial intelligence and doing a biometric database because although that is much more sophisticated now, they've been working on this type of thing for quite some time. And so one of the guys who used to be the chair of Axon's ethics board spoke out because he resigned because of unethical behavior from the corporation back in twenty nineteen. He and seven other people resigned from Axon. Let's CEO had this great idea, let's put our tasers on drones. It's like it just keeps getting worse when you look at these corporations that are part of the police state industrial complex.
Speaker 5: I had this great idea to put tasers on drones. My entire ethics department quit. But this will be great for our bottom line.
Speaker 2: That's right. So after getting rid of the ethics department, with the tasers on drones, now he is free to do artificial intelligence connected up to the police body cameras. And he said it's not essential to use these technologies, which have very real costs and risks unless there's some clear indication of the benefits, said the former employee who was there for ethics. He was the board chair for ethics. Barry Friedman, who is now a law professor at New York University. The founder and the CEO of Axon, though, says that the Edmonton pilot is not a product launch, but it's an early stage field research that will assess how the technology perform and reveal the safeguards needed to use it responsibly. So you better believe that if this thing works at all, they'll be selling it. And they don't really care if it gives false positives, if it identifies you as a criminal. And testing in real world conditions outside the US, we can gather independent insights, we can strengthen oversight frameworks, and we can apply those learnings to future evaluations, including within the United States. So he's testing it outside the US, and believe me, they will sell this as safety for law enforcement officers. It will be like wildfire the way everybody will snap this thing up. So they're in the process right now of making their case for it. Oh, look, we tested it in Edmonton and it worked great. We already know how that's going to go. This is just like the way the pharmaceutical companies test their drugs. You know, yeah, look at the here's our study here that we did ourselves to show how safe and effective this says. So the person who is now the rector of Responsible AI, they don't call it ethics anymore. So we really wanted to make sure that it's targeted. So these folks. That's targeting these folks who have serious offenses. Okay, So again, why are seven thousand people serious offenses at large? And and if it's a serious offense and they misflag you and they say they have a real issue under certain lighting conditions, they have an issue identifying accurately people with darker skin, and so this is this is going to be a disaster. It's a disaster in the making right here.
Speaker 4: I think getting to think if they've got seven thousand hardened criminals on the streets, that maybe the Mounties don't always get their man.
Speaker 2: They get amen, not necessarily the one that they needed.
Speaker 4: But we can promise you someone is going to prison.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Al Ai drew all that great at picking out faces in low light, but let's put a whole bunch of tasers on them in seas.
Speaker 4: If we put out enough of them, eventually things will work out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just enough people, you'll get the criminals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, itays for everybody. We'll sort it out later as they're laying on the ground.
Speaker 4: What is that military saying accuracy through volume of fire or something like that. You don't have to be precise with your shots if you just shoot enough times.
Speaker 2: Lethality not legality, Right, that's the new motto of the Pentagon Pete Department of Defense, because they haven't changed the name to war department yet. So anyway, they talked to Motorola. Motorola said, well, we took a look at this and we decided not to do it because we thought it'd be unethical, and we intentionally abstained from deploying this feature. However, we might do it in the future because ethics are changing. Right, Morality is up for negotiation, especially if your competitor is doing it. And so if Axon does it, Motorola will do it, and it'll explode and we'll see it everywhere, and they're all going to be coming to you, to the local mayor whoever, and say, well, if you won't do this for us, you really don't value our lives because we've had a police officer over here that was killed under these circumstances. We could have stopped that with this thing, So it'll be on them.
Speaker 5: This is clearly unethical. We don't want to be the ones pushing it and at the forefront of it, but we'll hold off on it.
Speaker 2: That's right. Studies showing the technology is flawed. They demonstrate biased results based on race, gender, and age. What else is there? Race, gender, and age that pretty much covers everything, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: I suppose if the drone were to sit you down and ask you about your religion, it could discriminate based on that.
Speaker 2: But well, it doesn't match the faces that accurately. So again, it's a real risk to somebody to be given a false positive like this. You, all of us would be at risk, even if we're not a criminal. Several US states and dozens of cities have some to curtail the police use of facial recognition, although the Trump administration is just fine with it, and they want to block or discourage states from regulating AI. You see, if the Trump administration gets its way, you wouldn't be able to pass a state or local ordinance saying we're not going to let the police use that kind of stuff. It's AI. You've got to get your hands off of my donors businesses, right, They're free to do anything they wish, just like his friends and the pharmaceutical companies are FDA free to do anything. And so that's what the Trump administration is really pushing for. Same thing that was done to protect the glifasset model, the round up model. The European Union has banned real time public face scanning police technology across the twenty seven nation block, except when used for serious crimes like kidnapping or terrorism. But in the UK, authorities started testing the technology on London streets a decade ago and they've used it to make thirteen hundred rest in the past two years. The government is considering expanding its use across the country because the UK wants to be the leader in this kind of Orwellian tyranny. They have seen nineteen eighty four as a manual. Axon doesn't make its own AI model for recognizing faces, and they decline to say which one they're using. You know, when we look at the UK, the way they have gone into this, gone over to the dark side, maybe it would be a fitting thing for them to just change the name of the country, especially under Cure Sarmer. Remember the orwell it was ing Sock, right, like English socialism, and of course Cure Starmer is a socialist, so just call it Inksock.
Speaker 4: It's also great that they're not relying on their own model. So something goes wrong and these things start tasing people, they have to then send off to some third party company to go Hey, by the way, well what they.
Speaker 2: Like about that. It gives them plausible deniability.
Speaker 6: It wasn't us, it was this other company.
Speaker 2: And you know, if it's something that's produced my Zuckerberg or Altman or Musk or whatever, you know, the Trump administration is going to give them a pass, even if it makes an egregious error there. So they said about fifty officers polloting the technology won't know if their facial recognition software made a match. The outputs will be analyzed later at the station. However, in the future, you could help police detect if there is potentially a dangerous person nearby, so they can call for assistance. And you know, it's with all of this happening, it's kind of interesting. I went back and watched a little bit of RoboCop because in Detroit they've just erected a RoboCop statue, and I thought, why are we honoring this kind of stuff? I mean, Detroit looks awful in that movie. You know, they send in mechanized robots to keep order and to use these these heavy guns. Like it comes, put down the gun. I said, this is this is kind of like the Venezuela and boats right, but down the gun. They put down the gun. Now I got five seconds to put in and everybody scrambling because they know this thing's gonna unleash fire and it it just starts shooting him over and over again. So now they're embracing that. You do, Yeah, let's play that there. It is two O nine. It's probably got facial recognition technology as well.
Speaker 4: From the t S A is two O nine the iteration number or the number of rounds is going to pump into your corpse.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 5: The Enforcement Droid Series two O nine is.
Speaker 2: This enforcement droid. Robotic two of.
Speaker 4: Nine is currently programmed for urban pacification, but that is only the beginning.
Speaker 9: After a successful tour of duty in Old Detroit, we.
Speaker 4: Can expect two nine to become the hot military product.
Speaker 7: For the next decade.
Speaker 2: Doctor McNamara will lead an arrest subjects Kenny, Yes, sir, would you come up and give us hand please? Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Mister Kenny is going to help us simulate a typical arrest and disarming proceedure.
Speaker 5: Use your gun in a threatening manner.
Speaker 6: Pointed at a to nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and doesn't care for you have threatened a human. Just don't threaten that. Please put down your weapon. You got twenty seconds to comply.
Speaker 10: I think you'd better do what he says.
Speaker 11: Mister Kenny, you know how fifteen require you.
Speaker 10: Are a.
Speaker 2: Engineers are furiously trying to rip rip out the electronics.
Speaker 7: Engine physical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just keeps choosing physical force, so we'll cut it to that point. But you get the idea. Pete Hegseth wants to know where you can get one of these things for Venezuela. Can I use that I'm a helicopter. Uh So anyway, the UH criminology professor in Alberta says he's not surprised the city is sperimenting with live facial recognition, given that the technology is all already ubiquitous in airport security. That's why the TSA is there. It is training for all of us, right and that's what they're training you for, facial recognition right now. And so again they resigned because the taser equipped drone. So now they don't have an ethics board. They're free to do this kind of stuff. Well you had. Nvidia CEO. Hawaang goes on with Joe Rogan and has a jaw dropping AI prediction. He says, in the future, maybe two or three years only from now, ninety percent of the world's knowledge will likely be generated by AI. Well, this is a self serving prediction, if ever there was one. If he really believes that, why is he having to do the circular financing of other companies in order to keep pushing his stock high and high? It seems like it would the market would take care of that. And so he's involved in circular financing fraud. And so Rogan says, well, I don't know, that's crazy, he said. Wang said, yeah, I know, but it's just fine. Rogan says, but it's just fine. Why he goes Well, let me tell you why. Wang said, It's because what difference does it make to me that I'm learning from a textbook that was generated by a bunch of people I didn't know, or knowledge that was generated by AI computers that are assimilating all of these and resynthesizing things. To me, I don't think there's a whole lot of difference. Yes, as a man, right, you can be propagandized by textbook companies and the school board or the government or whatever. We can be propagandized by our AI. What is the difference? And that's the key thing you need to look at. You need critical thinking, you need to look at the source, and you need to check it out for yourself. And that's true. Before we had AI, a lot of people didn't do it. That's why AI is going to be so much more dangerous because people would just trust it because it's coming from the machine.
Speaker 4: That are going to assume it's an unbiased source. You look at this, it's a robot. It doesn't have an agenda. It's not trying to sell me something.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: It removes the people who are trying to do that one layer, and people just forget they exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the man behind the curtain thing, you know, so you're interacting with the wizard of oz head that's up there, but you don't realize that there's people behind the curtain that have been hired to program their particular biases and things into these issues that they find important.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure Grok was just purely troop seeking when it said that it would be better for humanity to lose forty nine percent of its population than for Elon Musk Elon Musk to die. These things are purely unbiased troop seekers.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. So again, you know, it is a tool that is ripe for manipulation, says this article. And that's right, and that's the real key with it. Ripe for surveillance, and it's ripe for manipulation. But then again, so are the schools, So are the textbooks. So is TV, so as movies, so is social media. These are all tools that are ripe for manipulation. So in that regard, AI is no different from them. It's just that people have over time, some people have got their guard up for these other forms of manipulation of propaganda. AI is going to come in from a different way and a rare show of spine. And this is this is all critical, right, this is coming from Steve Watson, and he's rightfully critical of this and skeptical of this, but then listen to this, he says. However, in a rare show of spine from Big Tech, Wang declared President Trump to be our president and cheered him on. How is that a show of spine? Watson, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Look, this evil scumbag is saying Trump is his president.
Speaker 1: Isn't that wonderful?
Speaker 2: But you know he is a sycophant, and he just came from a meeting with Trump where he's looking to make money for his business. And these guys know that Trump is their ally. So al is big tech now and the Democrats they're all good now because for somebody like Steve Watson, they are so embedded in this because they are now cow towing to the Trump cult. He's now got a spine. It's just the opposite. He looks straight at Joe Rogan. He said, President Trump is my president. He is our president. Just because it's President Trump. Many want him to be wrong. I think the US we all have to realize that he is our president and we want him to succeed because it helps everybody, all of us, to succeed. Well, he certainly is helping all of the AI technocrats to succeed.
Speaker 5: Isn't Jensen Wong Taiwanese anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Again, it's a dual citizenship, I guess. But he is as president if he's going to give him massive subsidies, protect them from any restrictions in terms of his business. This is what is happening here. So again he really focuses and so to other people. It's not just Steve Watson. He's taken this article from a thing that's put up by Vigilant Fox. These people are they do the articles, they do the posts simply because somebody said something good about Trump. Look, it's a powerful person says something good about Trump, and we want Trump to succeed because Trump is our success as well. You know. Trump is the success of people like Vigilant Fox and Steve Watson, just like he's the success of the technocrats who are going to be getting the government subsidies for these projects and who are going to be protected from any regulation at the state or local level because of Trump. The remarks come amid Waning's Worldwin DC tour where he was bowing and scraping before all these people are going to take your money, take your freedom, take your dignity. And hend it to these billionaire technocrats where he huddled with Trump and Senate Republicans to slash export red tape on AI chips, warning that here it is patchwork state regulations could cripple US dominance. They always call it that patchwork state regulations. We don't want to have patchwork regulations. We don't want to have a different approach in different states. No, we got to have one ring to rule them all. And it's going to be coming out of Washington. That gang will tell everybody and this is a violation of the Tenth Amendment what Trump is pushing for, pushing against patchwork state regulations. Where does it say in the constitution that you can subsidize these companies. Where does it say in the constitution that we can't have any control over what these companies do in our state. As a matter of fact, it says just the opposite. So he's there lobbying for protection from competition and regulation, lobbying for Trump to violate the Tenth Amendment and you'll get what he wants. Trump's energy push is defying the green zealots, he says. That's what Steve Watson says. This energy push for AI let me tell you something. People are angry because they see the power rates going up because of this green grift that is out there. Oh, we got to we can only generate power that is created with new devices made by my corporate sponsors. Well, guess what, the corporate sponsors of Trump who are going to be building these cause massive disruption of the grid in order to feed their AI data centers. And this AI energy grid requirement is going to drive your prices up further and faster than any of the green New Deal stuff. That's the bottom line for us. You want to pay more for electricity and have less of it, well you know the Democrats have a plan for that. It's called solar power and windmills. If you want to pay more for electricity and have less of it, the Republicans have it planned for that. It's called AI data centers. Wayne's line of there being no difference between what is coming from the from the AI and coming from somebody writing a textbook, says Watson, ignores how these ghosts erode the soul, authenticity and erode jobs, paving the way for a world that is scripted by code, not by creators. He talks about that in the context of Solomon Ray, a chart topping singer that is just done by Ai Hawaang's Vision Thrills, but it demands guardrails. We don't even have any guardrails on Trump. I'm going to get guardrails on his corporate sponsors. So it is as all this is happening. Just to put this in perspective of this omnipotent Ai, it is a real threat because it is going to be combined with government. And that's the real threat. The surveillance, the control of the propaganda, and the auditing of all of us all the time. But when it comes to things like self driving cars, they're having difficulty getting through the Chick fil A drive through and some of them have gotten stuck in it, and so there's going to be an app for that. One person looked at this and said, oh, that's a business opportunity. They've come up with a startup company called Auto Lane, and what they want to do is develop a kind of air traffic control system. They'll be specific to a particular business, so you get people to come to your Chick fil A drive through. If Chick fil A does a thing with auto Lane, and the people who don't drive cars who are being driven around and self driving cars can tell it to go to Chick fil A and they'll be able to navigate there without getting caught. And so they're looking at selling this to a lot of big box retailers, a lot of fast food chains, and even mentioned selling it to some of the big real estate investment trusts that are managing shopping centers or things like that, and that's where he sees his market. He said, we don't work on public streets and we don't work with public parking spots. So what he wants to do is he wants to partner with these private businesses so they can say that they are self driving car friendly. This is the pathetic world that we are headed into. We've gone from London taxi drivers who could keep the destinations in London in their head and had this massive hypo part of their brain whatever it was. I don't remember hip a campus. Yeah, it might have been hippo campus. Yeah. I don't know which part got larger. Actually I started to say it, but I don't know if that was the part that got larger. But you know, we have our shrinking brains because our responsibilities are shrinking and we're using them less. And so it turns out they said, American roads are not too friendly to self driving cars, and they're not friendly too pedestrians. And you can tell that this is coming from the perspective of an urban planner. They love cities, they love people walking, They hate cars because cars are used by people to get out of the cities as fast as they can.
Speaker 5: They want to keep your cafference between the London streets and memorizing all that and being able to navigate a Chick fil A parking lot drive.
Speaker 2: Through, that's right. The founder described the company as one of the first application layer companies in the self driving vehicle industry. Says, well, we're not going to build a car. We're not going to navigate on the road. What we would do is we'd have a special app that gets layered on top of it. You aren't the fundamental models, we're not building the cars doing anything like that. We're simply saying, as the industry grows has exponential rates, someone is going to have to sit in the middle and orchestrate, coordinate and kind of evaluate what's going on. And when I saw this, like air traffic control, I remember discussion that we had Eric Peters and I years ago were war gaming out this where the SAI thing is headed for self driving cars, and Eric was right. He said, these things don't handle interaction with human beings that well, So we're gonna have to eliminate the human beings because that's our first priority is to get the AI and the self driving stuff out there. And so if there's a problem between AI and humans, and humans have to go, which means human drivers have to go. He said, you stop and think about it. You have air traffic control to at the airports to make sure these planes don't collide, and they keep big distances between themselves and you know, big distances vertically as well as in their same plane. And so he said, how's that going to work with artificial with the self driving cars. You're going to have to get most of the cars off the road and or they're all going to have to be self driving cars so they can communicate with each other. You know, if they can communicate with each other, you can get them doing the I forgot they call it. It's like a caravanning thing or something where they get the cars get right up against each other bumper to bumper because they're communicating simultaneously and whatever the front car sees it can instantaneously apply that to all the cars in the row, and so it's like caravanning or something like that. But they sell that as a feature once they get all the humans off the road. And so now they're starting to talk about the air traffic control model. Yeah, we're going to have complete control of all the cars here. We'll just guess what. You know, when they set this thing up and they've got all the self driving cars going through the through, it's not going to be very friendly for you, and so they're gradually going to squeeze you out of it.
Speaker 4: I think another important thing to focus on is just you have a right to travel. You have a right to you know, freely travel without impediment.
Speaker 2: Eventually, they've been telling us for the longest time, you didn't need to have a driver's license because driving is a privilege. It's not a privilege, it's a right. I mean, if you're doing it commercially, they can regulate it. They should not be regulating anything. We shouldn't have to have driver's licenses to drive around. I'm with the guys who the sovereign citizen's pushing back against this. I just know, however, that the you're not going to win in court because the courts are rigged, So don't go down that road. But anyway, you principle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you focus on the fact that they're unsafe, that they do stupid things, eventually they will reach a point where they don't anymore. These things will eventually probably become statistically safer than the average driver because of the number of idiots we have on the road. And if you focus on the safety aspect, eventually that'll go away and you won't have an argument anymore. You have to focus on the fact that it is your right as a human being to travel and drive yourself and control your own destiny in that sense.
Speaker 2: The freedom and dignity, you know. And again, when you look at human drivers, how much of the ding against human drivers is really a ding against drunk drivers? Right?
Speaker 4: And I'm worlders that don't speak English.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm tired of being lumped in with the drunk drivers and having to be stopped on the road to make sure that I'm sober. And so what they're doing is they're lumping me in with the drunk drivers. Again to say that the machines are safer. They had a way mow this year that got stuck in one of Chick fil A's fast food cul de sacs couldn't find its way out. But that's nothing new. Actually, they're getting stuck in a lot of different places that are there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I've told the story before. But one of the last times we went to North Carolina used to visit some friends. As we're coming back, I looked over and there's a woman in Tesla. She's got her phone in her hand and she's picking her nose with the other one, and she is just completely checked out. She's not looking at the road, she's not paying any attention. And I personally can believe that possibly the self driving feature on that car is more attentive and better equipped than she is.
Speaker 2: Well, she would she didn't have self driving, she'd have to at least have one handle car.
Speaker 4: If she'd have to pick one, which she wants to. If you want to look at your phone or you want to pick your nose and drive my nose.
Speaker 2: Or pick my phone, which one do I do?
Speaker 5: The thing is they know that's not a good driver currently, so they say, oh, well, you've got to be alert and aware and ready to take over when it inevitably tries to kill someone. But these people just say, oh, well, it's going to drive itself, so therefore I can, you know, play on my phone and pick my nose and not worry about any of it.
Speaker 2: And that's the worst possible circumstances under which you can throw it back to you. You have an emergency and it's quickly developing on the highway. Here you take the wheel. That's what happened when that one.
Speaker 4: I have royally screwed up everything. I have made a horrible mistake. Here you go, enjoy your last three seconds of life.
Speaker 5: I turned into oncoming traffic. This is a disaster. I am so sorry.
Speaker 2: That's right. And then you know, Tessla looks at it and says, well, it was under manual control when the accident occurred. That was the case of that woman who was killed in Phoenix, right. She was a homeless woman pushing a grocery cart across the road in the dark, and the person who was a human driver couldn't see her. She was jaywalking. Probably would have hit her anyway, But everybody was saying, why didn't the AI put on the brakes and they said, well, because it kept deploying these emergency brakes without there being a reason, and it got really dangerous. So we turned off the emergency braking system. And so it saw this person and at the last minute and throws it back to the woman and she's you know, playing with a phone or whatever, and she can't handle it either. Well, Google's AI has deleted a user's entire hard drive.
Speaker 5: That's how they get the metrics that show that these things are so safe, is because they always throw them over and don't count it as an accident from the cards, an accident from the driver.
Speaker 2: That's right, It's not my responsibility, right, So, yeah, Google AI has now deleted a user's entire hard drive. You know, we had this, We had this story once before, and it was an entire company, remember that. Yeah, I just deleted everything, all of your business records, all of your customer records, everything. I did it. Yeah, I'm sorry, I did it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: That's what this is is saying.
Speaker 6: You even told me not to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you said don't do that, but I did it. Anyway. I cannot express how sorry I am that I've deleted all your data. Well, We can only hope that that happens. Once they put the government put it, give the government databases to the AI, perhaps it will just delete it all. That would be nice, wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: We can hope and dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to take a quick break, folks, and we will be right back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Night Show and now the David Knight Show. If you like the Eagles, the.
Speaker 3: Cars, and Huey Lewis and the news, they say you'll love the Classic Hits channel at APS Radio, download our app or listen now at APS radio dot com.
Speaker 4: Well, welcome back, folks. We've got a lot of comments. Stealth Patriot, thank you very much for the tip, He says, do you think the AI, police, surveillance state and self driving cars is the infrastructure the Trump supporters thought they were promised.
Speaker 6: I'll bet they're tired of winning.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any of them put this stuff up and say I voted for this. I voted for ED two nine those voted for ED. No I didn't. I'm I'm afraid that's what we're going to get. So I don't think we got that in the board anymore? Do we That apocalypse now? Think the animation of the Trump meme.
Speaker 5: I literally just took it out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got That's why I went with that, because it's not just the wars that he's starting unnecessarily, but it's the war that he wants to have domestically. And I think when you look at what's going on Venezuela and you look at these flimsy lives that they're putting out, well, these people are running drugs, and that's a threat. That's a violent threat to us. That is as absurd, folks as the Left saying to you that speech is violence. Drugs are not violence. Drugs are a black market, and when you create a black market monopoly, you will get violent gains who will compete with each other. And yet they're using that to say that it is violence. It's their prohibition that is violence. The drugs are harmful, and I don't recommend anybody take them. I just know that we already had this experiment once. We did it legally with alcohol and it was a massive failure. But he's using that if you use those arguments, they're being used by the Pentagon. Those same arguments would be could be used and will be used. I think to do violence on the street to people about due process in the same way that his hero do Ke and the Philippines did that on the streets of the Philippines. He wants to do that here, go ahead, read this.
Speaker 5: And when you gave me that add to a nine clip to put in, I thought that was in reference to the attacks on the drug boats allegedly after they drop the drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have, I was like to drop the cocaine to get off the boat. Are you trying to float the river?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we will open fire in forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So evidently, from what we're told, the only way these people could have not been killed was if they decided that they were going to swim back to shore. If they tried to float on the boat, then that's a threat.
Speaker 4: Crazy alien poop evolution says cockroach eats bait, poison man eats cockroach could happen in any restaurant. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that the quantity of poison in a roach would not actually negatively impact you based on your size.
Speaker 6: However, just gross.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 5: It is also a roach eating contest. You get none of those guys of poison.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they weren't just out there collecting roaches off the ground. Hopefully these were specifically procure roaches.
Speaker 2: This this is a reptile store. I'm assuming that these are like the Madagascar cockroaches because it said there were three to four inches big.
Speaker 4: Maybe some kind of particularly bred cockroach that these reptiles like to eat. Man we have oh and sixty one saying Somali appetizers.
Speaker 6: Delicious. A Syrian girl should have let.
Speaker 4: The python eat the bugs and himself eat the python. Fairly, certain, fairly certain the pythons have enough sense to not be eating cockroaches.
Speaker 2: I think they go for something that's higher up the food chain, like people. If there's a Burmese python, who knows those.
Speaker 4: Those can get large enough that they can pose a threat you're average python.
Speaker 2: Since it was Florida, and since they've got such a problem now with a Burmaids python, I'm assuming that it was a Burmaise python or something. Maybe they've made those out on I think.
Speaker 4: They may have. Well, I know for a fact that you know, as a general rule, if you're going to keep a Burmese python, you need a specifically set up enclosure because that thing is going to get massive, and if you don't have one, you are eventually just gonna end up getting rid of it, probably releasing it into the everglades narrow gate ministries. How disgusting cockroaches are filled with all sorts of bacteria and diseases. Under the levitical laws levitical eating laws, only locusts and grasshoppers are cleaned to eat. All they're flying creeping are unclean and you shall not eat.
Speaker 2: That's what I say. You know, I always sease my family because they like lobster, and I said, I don't eat water filters. These are the you know what's in the levitical wall. That's one of the other things. I think it's kind of interesting. How did Moses know that these things that are scavengers that are eating waste and anything like you know, cockroaches or you know, the shell fish and things like that. How do you know that that would be harmful for you? So you can look at it and say, well, I'm told I can't do this, or the other way you can look at it is you know, God is telling them, you know, don't eat this stuff and you won't get the diseases that the Egyptians get when they eat this kind of stuff, Stay away from the water filters.
Speaker 4: Delicious water bugs, high boost new Stephen King movie concept of Christine. But it's an AI smart fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it works for ice. They beware of your smart refrigerators. They work for ice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like you're buying a lot of tamalays their friend. Perhaps we need to report you.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the AI smart fridges are already about as evil as they could possibly be. Yeah, they're already spying on you. They're doing everything that they have the capability to do except for spoiling your food. That they can do that against you.
Speaker 2: You know, it was about a decade ago that betray Us, Betrayus I always I've called him Betrayus so much that but Betrayus went from the military to the CIA and he made that statement. He said, your refrigerators are going to be smart and they're going to be spying on you. That type of thing. We talked about that and everybody, oh, you conspiracy theorists and everything. It wasn't a conspiracy theory. It was a conspiracy, but it wasn't a theory. He had said they were going to do it, and now we see it every where. Don't we it's amazing real.
Speaker 4: Chason Barker says, my wife wants a new TV and we cannot find one that does not have the smart features anywhere. Yeah, it's a huge nuisance. They're completely and utterly just they don't do anything useful. They're obnoxious, they get in the way. You're gonna have to go back to an old CRT TV if you want to avoid them at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say, you just make sure that it's not connected to the Internet. But unlike your thermostat or something like that, you need to connect the TV to the internet. That's the problem. Yeah, we got you there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm becoming convinced that four to three is actually the superior aspect ratio for TV viewing.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 4: It's cozier, It focuses the view You don't have all this extraneous information on the outside of the screen. If you're looking for something like an imax, it's a spectacle, maybe that's what you want, but for TV shows it's a bit cozier. It's a bit comfier. You've got your little cast there and you're focused on them. You don't have to worry about all this nonsense on the periphery.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna say it's because four free doesn't spy on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I prefer the black and white stuff. Actually, if I'm watch TV, yes, yea.
Speaker 4: Aesthetics reasons real, Jason Barker. All the new TV's listened to you. They have Alexa or other voice functions. I hate talking to robots. I refused to Goldsmith. I remember reading that Charlie was based on Charles Schultz's own younger days and personality, and that he eventually married that red haired girl.
Speaker 6: Very nice, that's great, good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a cool guy. I liked him a lot. Yeah, yeah, very relaxed guy. Like what was the guy mister Roberts or.
Speaker 4: Something, mister Roger Rogers, Yeah, mister Rogers neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he was. As a matter of fact, they have brought him back with AI so that he's doing all kinds of things that really the original character would not do. So he's part of the the As Sorrow was coming back, they were doing all these things with Stephen Hawkins doing races in his wheelchair and things like that.
Speaker 6: But doughnuts.
Speaker 2: The stuff that they did with mister Rogers was I think even funnier, So go ahead.
Speaker 4: Brian and Deb McCartney says, you cannot reason with a robot, and that's right, you just have to pourt work them. Brown Goldsmith says, did you see the way MO cars had been passing school buses that are releasing kids time for a code check?
Speaker 2: I guess it doesn't recognize the law or the yellow paint, because that's what keeps the school buses safe. Right. They don't have to have seat belts. There's no safety devices in there. There's no airbags, no seat belts, nothing. It's just they're covered with yellow paint and they're covered with the laws, and maybe it's hard for it to see it. You know, they had these things keep hitting. It's interesting. It's almost like somebody is sabotaging and they have a propensity to hit fire trucks, police trucks and threaten school buses. But it's okay. They're safer than we are, right, and we should have more of them.
Speaker 4: Real Jason Barker says, do the AI and data centers actually consume the water or just require initial filling of a closed loop system like your car uses?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know. I mean it's they you know, they're using it for cooling, and they put these power plants, you know, on the edge of bodies of water for quite some time to recycle it through. So I don't really know. It seems like you'd be able to cover that, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I saw something that was saying it's different from just power plants because these things require cleaner water. So it's essentially taking up water that has been purified and treated that could be used as drinking water and running it through their system where I supposed it evaporates off and then they have.
Speaker 2: To or maybe it's just no longer drinking water. And so that's what they mean by consuming water. Right, So you had some purified water that had been treated or something and had fluoride in it. So what happens when the AI centers to consume Florida? Do they get stupid as well? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for the tech cults to emerge, and they'll just be selling you the holy water that was used to cool the AI data center. Drink drink the water real adjacent read that one FANSI bear minority report cars always looked like what they want, I report cars always looked like what they want to come to be. Yeah, the weird little bubbles that are completely unstylish, uncool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Minority Report another pretty good movie.
Speaker 5: Pretty very communist aesthetic to a car. It's sort of like the car equivalent of wearing pajamas in a jump or a jumpsuit everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where do we wear pajamas?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Everywhere?
Speaker 6: Everywhere?
Speaker 2: TSA, TSA. Everybody goes and they fly because they've imposed that kind of authoritariness.
Speaker 4: Moness Nibaru twenty nine. Self driving cars will drive auto insurance rates beyond afford to bill. That's right, you want to drive your own car, Well, sorry, buddy, you're gonna have to pay through the nose.
Speaker 2: We'll all be treated like pain drivers.
Speaker 4: I was when I was getting my first car. There were a few I was looking at, of course, you know, I was a guy. You're looking at some of the nicer, low end sports cars, things like the whatever, the Scion FRS, and the insurance on that thing was going to be ludicrous. It would have been a massive, like a substantial portion of the car's actual cost per year to ensure that. Because again, young guys get that and they just wrap it around telephone poles non stop.
Speaker 2: So you got a Nissan three hundred twin turbo. Yeah, it was great insurance rates on that and nothing.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I mean considering how infrequently that thing ran.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true, you didn't have to have it insured.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had a had a friend I worked with who was into one of these Rice Rocket motorcycles. Right, and it is really fast. Motorcycle was expensive, I mean it was just under twenty thousand dollars, but he said the insurance was going to be prohibitive. He said, this is they're charging me so much insurance. I could buy a new one of these like every year or two. And he goes, how do you testify that? He goes, and I'm not even a threat to anybody else really with this motorcycle. You know, we're you're going to get a big bills, like you know, they don't have to pay for the people that I hit. For the most part, it just got to scrape me off of it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the thing is just if you're on the motorcycle, if you have an accident, you may not even need insurance where you may go beyond your necessary mortal concerns. If you have an accident on a motorcycle very much more likely to happen.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, Jerry.
Speaker 4: Al Atalo State supposed to artificial intelligence, autonomous warfare, Minority Reports, surveillance, and other horrific aspects of technocracy and transhumanism standing the way of American dystopia.
Speaker 6: Are plus six the fun.
Speaker 4: Another interesting thing is the Minority Report video game from way back in the day was actually pretty good. Didn't follow the TV story, but it was still entertaining, which is like a beat him up, shoot them up, don't frag me bro. The false promise of safety and security is the oldest argument by tyrants for peasants to give up their freedom Pezanovonte, seventeen seventy six. Just like they lumped the criminal misuse of firearms with firearms owners and gets thrown into.
Speaker 5: One reference to the trunk drivers being counted and determining how safe human drivers are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun because criminals shoot people. And it's like, well, people defend life with that as well. Well, you know, Trump has finally come. Remember they were talking for the longest time about how they were going to help the farmers that he had hurt with the tariffs. Don't worry. Help us on the way. Yeah, we just gave twenty billion dollars to Argentina and they use that to set up a deal which so China doesn't buy our agricultural products anymore. They get the sowy directly from Argentina. And that was a massive double cross of the farmers. Trumpet already betrayed the farmers in his first administration with tariff rates that caused them to not be able to sell their products. But then he doubled down with this and said, well, we give twenty billion dollars to Argentina, and we got another twenty billion that we're going to put together with people on wall streets, we're all together. We're going to give them forty Don't worry, we'll give you twelve billion dollars some day. Well that was back in September. Here we are in December, three months later, and now he's talking about it being imminent.
Speaker 12: I'm delighted to announce this afternoon that the United States will be taking as a portion of the hundreds of billions of dollars we receive in tariffs, we are making a lot of money from countries that took advantage of us for years. They took advantage of us like nobody's ever seen. Our deficits are way down.
Speaker 2: You took advantage of the farmers.
Speaker 12: They voted farmers is the election because without the election, you wouldn't have tariff. Should be sitting here losing your shirt.
Speaker 10: But we're taking in billions.
Speaker 1: We're really taking in trillions of.
Speaker 12: Dollars if you think about it, Scott, because they're real numbers, you know, when you think of all the money being poured into the country for new auto plants and all of the other things.
Speaker 8: AI, so what was.
Speaker 2: So that's not happening in.
Speaker 12: A relatively small portion of that, and we're going to be giving and providing it to the farmers in economic assistance. And we love our farmers, and as you know, the farmers like me because you know, based on voting trends, you could call it voting trends.
Speaker 2: All right, that's enough of lies. All of that is a lie, okay, And if we're making trillions of dollars, but I'm going to give them twelve billion dollars even if it were true, you'd be reprehensible because you're going to give them one thousandth of what he's bringing in and wait for months and months as these guys are circling the drain struggling to survive. This is America, last, folks, this is not America. First, Trump says the twelve billion dollars bailout plan for farmers will come from the tariff revenue. You know, this is one of the most amazing things. Is this is better actually terriffs. Why don't we think of this before. This is better than the federal reserve. This is better than the Democrats modern monetary theory, where we just have this magic money tree that we can print the money and it doesn't make any difference, and the deficits don't make any difference. You know, we just create money and wealth out of thin air. It's even better than the federal Reserve thing because you know, they're getting in all of this revenue and it isn't raising anybody's prices, right, It's not hurting any manufacturing or farmers here in this country except that it is. And apart from the arguments about how how the taxes should be structured, the worst thing about Trump's tariffs has and remains the capricious arbitrary, continually shifting environment that it's created, making it impossible for people to be able to do business. Whether you're a manufacturer, whether you are a retailer importing stuff, or whether you are a farmer. This has been absolutely chaotic. As I pointed out before, we have the Chicago Commodities Exchange because farmers needed to have a way to make sure that they knew what their price is going to be. They could lock that in in the future, and so that's why you have the commodity futures market. And yet what Trump has done is he's taken all that away. I guess we could say that with the Trump capricious, arbitrary, ever changing tariff policy, there is no futures for any of us because what he's taken away the package includes eleven billion dollars in a one time payment to crop farmers. And oh, by the way, there's this interesting little thing there from the Department of Agriculture Secretary of Briockrawlings saying yeah, we're going to get these things out in February of twenty twenty six. So still not coming. He's waited three months. You know, they hinted at it. He had Scott Bessant hinting at it. Trump announces it, but is actually going to be going out From what I could see based on what Brook Crawlins said, it won't happen for another two months yet, so they're going to go half a year with this. So the aid package comes as the US China trade war has hit soybean farmers especially hard. I would just say this the Trump trade war, China had blocked all purchases of soybeans from the US. China was the biggest buyer of US soybeans in twenty twenty four, accounting for twelve and a half billion in sales. China agreed to purchase twelve million metric tons the soybeans now in the final two months of this year and twenty five million metric tons and twenty twenty six twenty seven eight, on par with levels before the trade war. But what CBS does not say, I'm sorry, this is ABC not CBS. At what price? You know? It was a double whammy from Trump. Not only did he cut off their biggest customer, but that created a glut of soybeans on the domestic market and it took the price down. So the question is that what price. Do they get this stuff that actually matters. It's amazing they don't even think about that. But what they're doing is even though it's abc, they're just kind of whoever wrote this thing is just going with the talking points of the Trump administration. So far, China has purchased only two and a half million metric tons of soybeans, not the twelve, so they got a lot of catching up to do here. The administration's new actions also come on the heels of the administration's twenty billion dollar bailout of Argentina, which Scott Bessett said he was going to make it forty in terms of helping put together some private funds they moved that Many American farmers and lawmakers on both sides the political aisle criticized this fall. As China stopped buying all soybeans US farmers, it purchased soybeans from Argentina instead, So the US was giving a financial lifeline to Argentina, a country that directly benefited from the trade war. American farmers said they felt left behind, and at the time, Chuck Grassley and Iowa said farmers are very upset about Argentina selling soybeans to China right after the US bailed out. And there's still zero US soybeans sold to China. And that was back in September. And it's taking them this long to firm up their promises. But still not to help the farmers. Trumpet his first term, also took action to bail out American farmers, except that he'd already bailed them in to his ter regime. He'd already hurt them. This is like somebody breaking your legs and then handing you, giving you a wheelchair and boasting about the wheelchair they gave you. His administration approved two packages in twenty eighteen nineteen, totally twenty eight billion dollars for farmers impacted by his economic policies. Many of them were saying, well, he nearly put us out of business with these tariff policies. Now he's putting us out of business with the COVID lockdown. So again, the announcement was made yesterday. So meanwhile, the run up in soybean futures over the past month over a resolution with China, crop prices are still close to twenty twenty lows. Now this is zero hedge. This ABC didn't even think about the price aspect of it. That's the all important thing you got. And you make a deal with China. And let's say, you know, I don't have any idea what soybeans cost or what quantity. That's all men. Let's say they we'll call it a widget. You put them in a widget. I don't know if it's a basket or barrel or whatever, a bushel or whatever, but you got a widget full of soybeans that goes for ten dollars. And then after this, he wants to make a deal and wants to show that he's getting them back up buying soybeans, and they agree to it. So what did he do to get them to a degree to it? Did he say, well, now you can buy the same quantity of stuff, but we'll sell you these We'll sell you these soybeans at five dollars per widget full of soy stuff. So again, they're taking advantage of the low cost right now? Is that what they're doing? So as they announced this, Trump is saying this wouldn't be possible, This money would not be possible without tariffs. Here's the truth, folks, it wouldn't be necessary without tariffs. He wouldn't have to give them a bailout if he hadn't bailed them into his Trump trade war.
Speaker 5: You know, and these farmers that are suffering from the tariffs, well, with help the tariffs, I wouldn't have had the money to give them a piece. I've taxed these people to death, and now I'll dole out a small amount back to them that wouldn't be possible by taxing to death in the first place.
Speaker 2: That's right, And here's why I said. It's not going to happen till twenty twenty six. This is CNN reporting now, says Rollin said the money would be flowing by February the twenty eighth, twenty twenty six, the very last day of February. We're going to get the money flowing, so it make the first payment three months now, and explain that a billion dollars of the funding is being held back to make sure all specialty crops are covered. She created Trump for opening the markets through trade deals without directly acknowledging how terrifts have impacted farmers. Again, you close the markets, and now you open it. And so now you pat yourself on the back for opening the market that was opened before you closed it. All this is based on a lie. And so what you've been able to do is to open those markets up again and move towards an era where our farmers are not so reliant on government checks. Here's the bottom line. He was just boasting about the fact that after he disrupted the sale of the the market sale of soybeans at market prices to China, after he messed with the market price, after he closed it off and shut it to zero, now he's going to open it back up, and they're going to purchase it at levels that they were buying before he started in this nonsense. Just amazing. Are you tired of the winning? I'm tired of the whining about all of this stuff and the fact that he is lying to everybody about this. Some farmers have previously bailed at the idea of aid. Mark Reid, a director for the Illinois Soybean Association, said, farmers don't want free aid, we want free trade. There you go, that's what they had before he messed with it. Well, Reason says the Trump tariffs have failed to reduce the trade deficits. How should we assess whether the Trump tariffs have been effective or successful? Well, it's an important question. Trump has outlined overlapping and confusing and sometimes competing goals for the tariffs. He has celebrated them as a sore of government revenue, for example, but he's also claimed that they're meant as a negotiating tactic. They can't be both tariffs used for negotiation are meant to be removed once the negotiations are complete. He's also said they don't mention it here, but he's also said, we're going to use the tariffs to make sure that manufacturing moves back to America and look at all the windfall profit that we're going to make. Well again, you can't have both of those. You're either going to use it for negotiations and then take it off, or you're going to use it to get businesses to come back. If that's your goal, to get businesses to come back and do manufacturing here domestically. But if they do manufacturing domestically, then your teriffmen who goes away. So he's always putting out these contradictory ideas and everybody grabs whatever they want. They think, well, he's going to make so much money. We're going to get rid of the income tax that's floating around again as well, thanks to Trump, except that he's talking about how he's going to make all these different tax changes that he's gone permanent, and so that you might want to think about what he's actually saying here.
Speaker 4: There's also the fact is that I don't see the government generating revenue as a win. No, there's no if we had had a government that was actually, you know, working on building infrastructure, even that I don't necessarily think that's the government's place to do that, but you could at least make that sound good, like, oh, we're gonna build better roads, we're gonna build nicer parks, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Build really cool friends.
Speaker 4: Instead, it's going to go to his friends, and it's going to go into the military industrial complex and the.
Speaker 2: Police stayed industrial complex and the surveillance state industrial complex.
Speaker 4: The government is not going to do anything that will benefit the common citizen with it, and again, you know, it's probably it's not their place to do that, I don't think, but at least then you would be getting some benefit, some use.
Speaker 2: There's no plan benefit for it, and we don't want to see the government taking more and more control of the economy. But Trump does Trump terrafs or solution to every problem in the trade war is more about the vibes than it is about economics. But when Representative Brendan Boyle Democrat pressed jameson Greer, the US trade representative said, what would success look like? Greer gave two clear metrics. So, first of all, the trade deficit needs to go in the right direction, in other words, down, and manufacturing as a share of gross domestic product needs to go in the right direction, needs to go up. So if it's going to be a success, as they pinned him down, they said, okay, well, Trump, let's talk about revenue. What is your view as the trade representative for all this stuff? What are you trying to see happen? Well, I want to see the trade deficit go down and I want to see a manufacturing go up. Well, what has happened more than six months later. Neither goal is any closer to being achieved. Neither of them seems likely to be completed over the long term by an economic policy rooted in barriers to trade. Trump has been obsessed with the trade deficit for years and so, but he doesn't really care if he even understands the budget deficit, they point out, which is the difference between the revenue they bring in what they spend. That is far more important than the trade deficit. But he's not going to put his own house in order. From January through July, America's trade deficit was eight hundred and forty billion dollars. It was twenty three percent larger than the same months in twenty twenty four. Okay, so her state of goal is we want to see the trade deficit go down to find as we want to sell more to other people than they're selling to us. Except it increased by twenty three percent, even with all of Trump's manipulation here. It also reflects now a well established fact that tariffs do not reduce trade deficits. During his first term, Trump raised various tariffs, but the country's trade deficit climbed from about four hundred and eighty one billion in twenty sixteen to six hundred and seventy nine billion in twenty twenty. So over four years it goes up, let's say, maybe about fifty percent, right, But under this new regime of Trump tariff policy, it has gone up twenty three percent. The trade deficit has increased twenty three percent. So by their metric, and of course no matter whether Trump has these contradictory explanations at all, He is definitely wanting to see the trade deficit go down, but it went up twenty three percent. Tariffs are no better as a tool for boosting manufacturing. Rather than being helped. The manufacturing sector is being crushed by tariffs, increasing the cost of raw materials and of intermediate goods. And it's not just manufacturing, it's all businesses, whether people are in retail or anything else. They can't tell what their costs are going to be because who knows. If Trump is going to have something gives him indigestion, and he's going to try to punish the country that he bought that food from. You know, It's just it's that petty. If he has an argument with somebody who is a political leader in another country, he slaps them with tariffs. So during a speech in July, the Trade Representative Greer added a third goal for the administration's tariff policies, increasing real median household income. Well, tariffs are making it more difficult for households to make ends meet. In October, study from the Harvard Business School shows that retail prices had declined throughout twenty twenty four in early twenty twenty five, and then began rising in April after Trump's tariffs were announced. The Trump administration's tariff policies misunderstand the role of trade and productive, flourishing economies. The administration has set the wrong goal and then has made poorly, has made policy choices that are unlikely to achieve those goals. Again, it's because people like Peter Navarro. This is the dumb as a sack of bricks policy. And so what does this look like? Well, China has had a record trade surplus. China's trade surplus has topped a trillion dollars for the first time. Despite Trump's terrorists, china exports have rebounded in November after an unexpected contraction the previous month, pushing its trade surplus passed a trillion dollars for the first time ever, an all time high. Exports listen to this climbed from six percent a year earlier, while imports rose just under two percent. Meanwhile, shipments to the United States dropped nearly twenty nine percent year of year. So they've been able to replace this with other markets and they are thriving. If this is part of his policy, again, that is another thing he's thrown in there, the economic competition with China. It's a failure with that as well. So it's been a failure in terms of the trade deficit. It's been a failure in terms of economic competition with China. It's been a failure in terms of manufacturing. It's been a failure in terms of keeping costs down. It's a failure. The nearly trillion dollar trade surplus for the first eleven months of this year is a record high. It's likely that November exports have yet to fully reflect the tariff cut, which should feed through in the coming months. But you know, hey, they're making it up in other countries. You, however, may pay a lot more. You know, they're expecting that toys will go up quite a bit because a lot of toys are manufactured in China. But as Trump said before, hey so your kids only got like, you know, one dollar instead of five dollars. YEA, too bad. I wonder how many dolls Ivanka had, whichever one it is to get the two of them mixed up. Evana was the mother, right, and Ivanka is the daughter.
Speaker 6: Ye Alca is the daughter.
Speaker 2: I imagine she had a lot of dolls. But Trump doesn't really care about that, doesn't care if you can afford toys or not. It's kind of like that toy market we went to in China where the TSA then confiscate all the toys that we'd bought to keep our daughter busy while we came back. So China's exports grow six percent and US shipments dropped twenty nine percent. Seems like things are going in exactly the opposite direction that Trump wanted to go. By the way, manufacturing is dropping as well, and they're struggling. As I said before, just like retailers and importers, every business, farmers, everybody is struggling with the chaos that Trump has brought to the economy. It's not about terraffs or income income tax. It's about chaos versus stability. Chaos is hampering everyone in the US economy. It is the elephant in the room. And I'm not talking about Republicans. We're gonna take a quick break. You want to get those comments there.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know if that other one is right, Lanceome, but guard Goldsmith says, by the way, the Trump Executive Order REAI appears to claim authority by implying that state statutes on AI interfere with interstate commerce. Yet Trump's executive order breaches separation of powers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaches a tenth Amendment. And that's the thing. You know, when you look at the way they've sold the unconstitutional illegal warned drugs. How did they do it with the Commerce Act claiming that that allowed them to prohibit drugs? Why didn't anybody think about that when they prohibited alcohol. It's funny, you know, those people, I don't know where they just stupid and they couldn't read that in the Constitution, or maybe they had respect for the Constitution that we don't have. I think that's what it was. Well, we're gonna take a quick break and we will be right back.
Speaker 8: Stay with us, and now the David Knight Show. S you're listening to The David Knight Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, folks. Briefly, I want to let you know that it is support from listeners like you that keeps the show going. We cannot thank you all enough. A really good way to support the show is go to subscribe star dot com forward slash the David Knight Show. You can find a tier that fits your budget and then it's fire and forget. You don't have to worry about it, and there you can see it. There's many different tiers. As I said, hopefully one of them fits your budget and you can just set it up and not have to worry about it. It'll only go down if your card is no longer valid. Check out subscribe star dot com, forward slash, the David Knights are Davidknight dot news and find all the other ways you can support us directly.
Speaker 2: Of course, you can turn it off. You're not locked into they don't come to your house, go turnover. We're not going to let you go. But we do appreciate that people have stuck with us for years there and one of the things that we try and do for them year's ago where they I guess it's two years ago. The Christmas album. We gave it to the people there for free, and we also try to give them the articles as well as a link to the podcast where they can get it without commercials. Yes, and you can also get that on substack now if you just want to get the podcast commercials.
Speaker 4: If you're only interested in the podcast without commercials, the best place to do that is substack dot com. You can subscribe and you'll receive it there. I also want to let you know that Homestead Products dot chop is having a sale on their activated chartcoal capsules. They're good for detoxifying your body, good for hangovers, energy boosting, whitening your teeth, filtering your water. They have a numerous number of applications. So go to Homestead Products dot shop.
Speaker 2: Check out out there best stuff there.
Speaker 4: They've got all kinds of really interesting, very high quality products. They work very very hard to make sure the products are made in the USA and of the highest quality. So again, go to Homestead Products dot shop check out the sale or having on their activated hardwood charcoal cap And you can also use promo code night to get ten percent off anything in their shop, So go check them out. If you're looking for survival gear to just some modest clothing, They've got options for you.
Speaker 2: I'll just throw in real quickly too. The code night also gets you ten percent off at RC stores. Yes, or you can get books that help you to find natural remedies for many things, including cancer. And you can find the book The World Without Cancer at the store Yeah dot com and also get you ten percent off with Jeryl Slenty's Trends Journal as.
Speaker 4: Well, which the Trends Journal with the ten percent off works out to be about two dollars and fifty cents a week. Which what else can you get for that kind of value at this point?
Speaker 2: Well, real quickly before our guest comes on, Oh, this is an interesting story. This is a college student who got a zero on her assignment simply because she quoted the Bible and a gender assignment article that she's supposed to reave you. Now, this is really about a lot of different issues. It's about free speech, free exercise, religion. It's about the fact that the LGBT people see what they're doing as a religion, as well as what is happening in schools and the worthlessness of college degrees, I would say as well. So, this is a college student in Oklahoma gets a failing grade because she laid out a biblical case for gender unfortunately for her, and she didn't know it at the time, but the teaching assistant who is going to be doing the grading is a trainy. She didn't know that. She turned in the paper and she didn't attack transgender. She made the case for the biblical role of men and women. So it was not a negative hit piece. There's nothing hateful about it.
Speaker 4: Well, these people are so completely diluted out to lunch that simply showing them reality is painful to them.
Speaker 6: It breaks their delusion.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it was an opinion based piece.
Speaker 5: What lands like I mentioned yesterday with the story of the person, and I believe it was the UK that got ten days in prison and a fine for mentioning that men and women have different skeletons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. So this was an opinion based piece. And she said to point out say anywhere that I needed evidence. It didnt say anywhere that I needed evidence from my opinion. His response was no, that was the grade that you deserved, a zero, she said. In terms of her essay, here's some excerpts from it, she said, this article was very thought provoking, caused me to thoroughly evaluate the idea of gender the role that it plays in our society. The article discussed peers using teasing as a way to enforce gender norms. I don't look at this necessarily as a problem. God made male and female and made us differently from each other on purpose and for a purpose. God is very intentional with what he makes I believe trying to change that would only do more harm. Gender roles and tendencies should not be considered to be stereotypes. Women naturally want to do womanly things because God created us with those womanly desires in our hearts. But of course we can propagandize those out, can't we. The same goes for men. God created men in the image of his courage and strength. He created women in the image of his beauty. He intentionally created women differently than men, and we should live our lives with that in mind. It's frustrating to me when I read articles like this and discussion posts for my classmates of so many people trying to conform to the same mundane opinion so that they don't step on anybody's toes. I think that is cowardly and an insincere way to live. It is important to me to use the freedom of speech we have been given in this country, and I personally believe that eliminating gender in our society would be detrimental, as it pulls us further from God's original plan for humans. In Genesis, God says that it's not good for man to be alone, so he created a helper for man, which is woman. Many people assume the word helper in this context to be condescending and offensive to women. However, the original word in Hebrew is easer kannegdo, and that directly translates to helper equal to Additionally, God describes himself in the Bible using that same term either cannegdo or helper, and he describes his Holy Spirit as our helper as well. This shows the importance that God places on the role of the helper. God does not view women as less significant than men. He created us with such intentionality and care, and he made women in his image of being a helper and in the image of his beauty. If leaning into that role means that I'm following gender stereotypes, then I am happy to be following a stereotype that aligns with the gifts and the abilities that God gives me as a woman. I do not think that men and women are pressure to be more masculine or feminine. I strongly disagree with the idea from the article that encouraging acceptance of diverse gender expressions can improve student's confidence. Society pushing the lie that there are multiple genders and everyone should be whatever they want to be is demonic and severely harms American youth. I do not want kids to be teased or bullied in school. However, pushing the lie that everyone has their own truth and everyone can do whatever they want and be whoever they want is not biblical whatsoever. Reading articles like this encourages me to one day raise my children knowing that they have a heavenly Father who loves them and cherishes them deeply, and that having their identity firmly rooted and who He is will give them the satisfaction and acceptance that the world can never provide for them. My prayer for the world, and specifically for American society and youth, is that they would not believe the lies being spread by Satan that make them believe they're better off with another gender than what God has made them. I pray that they feel God's love and acceptance as who He originally created them to be. She got a zero for that from the transgender She complained to the university. They did nothing. She complained to the governor's office and other politicians, and the response was that the university gave him a paid vacation, paid leave, but they said.
Speaker 6: That happened to me.
Speaker 4: All I can say is my next paper would would be something.
Speaker 2: He can't grade her papers anymore, but he gets a paid vacation, paid leave. Her essay was posted on social media. However, it's been viewed by people over fifteen million times. So her bottom line is she said, we must not be intimidated to run away from our principles what we believe to be true. We have the freedom to speak and to believe what we wish. State senators said, it's about a state funded, taxpayer funded institution that's allowing their faculty members to abridge or to impede a student's right to express their faith. And so she's been able to speak many different places as well. Well, I've got more than I wanted to get into. But we are at a time and we have a guest that is ready to join us, and just real briefly, the guest we have joining us is a doctor and his name is Richard Restak, MD. He has written over twenty five books and he's been on the bestseller's list, and the book that we're going to be discussing today, especially basically is neuroscience. And the book that we're going to be discussing today is the twenty first century Brain. Subtitle says how our brains are changing in response to the challenges by social networks, AI, climate change, and stress. So we're going to talk about those things. And I've got a lot of questions that I would like to ask him about that as well. So I think it's going to be an interesting interview. Stay with us, folks, We will be right back.
Speaker 9: King.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 3: Here news now at apsradionews dot com or get the APS Radio app and never miss another story.
Speaker 2: All right, And joining us now is doctor Richard Restak, MD, and he is a neuroscientist as well, and he has written a lot of books on the brain, and now this is one kind of the nexus of our brain and artificial intelligence. So I wanted to get him on because we, as you know, we talk about AI and its impact on society quite a bit. Thank you for joining us, doctor Restick.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: David.
Speaker 2: You've written so many books and best selling author and of course people can bind this on Amazon. You've written so many books. What is different about the brain? What is different about this one? And why did you write this? Book.
Speaker 9: I wrote this book to announce and to discuss the dangers that are lurking and so to speak, in the twenty first century and are unique to the going first century, but are having an effect on the brain and a negative one, so that we really are imperiled by eight different factors, one of which is the global warming.
Speaker 10: We have new.
Speaker 9: Diseases that are present in the twenty first century that are increasing, starting with COVID and moving forward. We have problems to course with the global warming, which we'll talk about more detail. And then the Internet, the effect of the Internet, the effect of AI memory, the alteration, the attempt to alter memory, almost to alter our memories.
Speaker 10: Of what the past is like.
Speaker 9: This is an ongoing enterprise by various governments of the.
Speaker 10: World, including our own.
Speaker 9: We also have surveillance, the seventh a surveillance becoming increasingly a surveillance society. It's almost impossible to not be revealing things about yourself because there's surveillance cameras everywhere. I can give you several examples, not just in my own personal life. And then finally, the eighth one is anxiety. All of these things are creating what I call an existential anxiety. People are being given information, but it's being molded according to the thoughts and the inclinations of people in power. For instance, let's take today's right out of Today's York Times. On page a seven, there's an article called the air in New Delhi is life threatening, and it tells the tale of the New York Times reporters who have spread themselves throughout New Delhi from six am until late in the evening of a certain day recently, and they measured the particulate matter in the air and it was anywhere from ten times to thirty times as great as would be considered minimally normal.
Speaker 10: Now, on top of.
Speaker 9: That, you have the statement that they state that the government is actually trying to hide this kind of insight to the populace by spraying water.
Speaker 10: And other things like that.
Speaker 9: It says that they're doing this around the measuring stations. They're also losing data from measuring stations during the worst ealths pollution. So there you have the molding of the facts, either denying them all together or trying to improve them so that people say, oh, well, they measured it down as such and such a measuring state, and it was really not a lot of high of course, they were spreading water and other things to try to reduce this. So we've got a capitalist society here in the United States which has invested interest in pushing forward certain scientific points of view. So science is being put in the back seat. And as politicians and other people, all of whom share one thing, capitalistic enterprises in which they're part of, for which they are advancing.
Speaker 2: And a kind of crony capitalism where they can get protection and subsidies as well. And the control is being taken away from us because, as I was just reporting earlier today, working very hard to make sure that state and local governments can't enact any control on artificial intelligence. And they came up in the context of talking about how the manufacturers of tasers also big manufacturers of police body camps, how they want to wed that to artificial intelligence. And the question is, you know, what could possibly go wrong with that? If they identify you, they misidentify you as a dangerous criminal and warn the police about how dangerous you are, they could get people killed.
Speaker 9: Well, not only that, but all these efforts set up a sense of anxiety, yes and fear. Let me tell you what happened to me one morning, called a cab to go to medical appointment, and we've started going down the road. I said to the driver, you know you're not going the most efficient or the quickest way. He said, I know that, he said, but I don't want to go that way because they're speed cameras. I said, well, you know you're driving very soon and you're not speeding, and I'm in no hurry, So what's the problem. He said, Well, they take pictures of everybody that goes by those cameras because they want to see who's in those photos in those cars. So I asked them to give me a reference for that, and he got set of didn't say anything else for the rest of the trip. So when I got down to the medical building, I got in the elevator and said, in this facility there is surveillance, both obvious and hidden.
Speaker 10: In this is one morning.
Speaker 9: And then when I got up to sign in, I signed the board with an electronic ben and I didn't see you go no signature, So I said, well it didn't take. It took, but we don't know it to go on the screen so it could be seen. I said, why is that? Said, well, somebody who haunts you might see the thing and then remembered and use your for your signature to forward something somewhere. Well, first of all, there was a sign that said stand ten feet back, and secondly, there's nobody else behind me. So there's three examples just drawing it random that we're becoming an increasingly surveilled society, which is creating a sense of paranoia and a sense of fear. So the braining has to adjust to these type of things, Dave, and it's very hard to do.
Speaker 2: And I think that is calculated. You know they've been they want to do this even to the extent and when you talk about these cameras taking everybody's picture, the flock network that is out there, this corporation that is saying, well, we can do whatever we want because it's in public space, and you know we're not government, so we can collect this information. And yet they collect it in order to sell it to the government. So it's just one level indirect. But they not only grab your license plate, but they also do a complete profile of your car and all of its idiosyncrasies. Is it have a dent here, does have a scrape there? What about a bumper sticker, so it creates a model of your car, and so they almost have like, you know, biometric identification of your cars as well as of you. And this is now made possible because of the advances of AI. But this has been something that has been concerning me. I look at things kind of from a libertarian perspective, and this has been concerning me for a long time. The idea that government is using technology, many different ways of Internet, social media, things like that, to monitor and to manipulate us all the time. And to me, artificial intelligence just puts this on steroids. And so I think there's something to be anxious about. If we're going to look at this, we should be concerned about it. Maybe not anxious, but we should be concerned about the goals of people who are putting this kind of stuff together.
Speaker 9: So yeah, well there's that, and then there's if you can manage to change the present, you can manipulate the future.
Speaker 10: Of course. Is the real way to get it is to get control of the past.
Speaker 9: Is warwell pointed out, you control the past, you know, you can control the present and by the implication, control of the future. And we're seeing alterations of materials even government documents, government films, documentaries, things like that are being altered in ways that are not visible I should say detectable, not detectable to the ordinary person. So they get ideas about what the past was like which are wrong and.
Speaker 10: Don't show you.
Speaker 9: As I mentioned in the book, if you were at a dance eighteen fifty before the Civil War and it's a film or watching Let's just say we're watching a film about eighteen fifty and we're seeing people ballroom dancing all that, and then one of them pulls the side and pulls out a cell phone, and you say, wait a minute, we didn't have cell phones in Well, you know, there were a lot of things that were going on.
Speaker 10: Now that we're not.
Speaker 9: Going on in the past, and it's not too our advantage to try to pretend that they were.
Speaker 10: They weren't.
Speaker 9: We have to understand the past understand the future, and we're not only creating situations that are false, but we're also like in nineteen eighty four, Orwell created a character called Commander Olov.
Speaker 10: He was a war hero.
Speaker 9: He got all sorts of medals, and it was all the products that were all told to honor him, and so forth. Well he never existed. He actually was made up entirely. And that's one of the things that the narrator is doing in the job work is filling in photographs see Concerting Olov into historical events that happened, wartime scenarios, etc. Anyone reading it will say, wow, this is this is some man. Well he was a complete fabrication. We're just about at that point with Sorau the AI. Well, it could take you and had you, you know, to say, let's get to David Knight and have him leading some.
Speaker 10: Sort of a parade or whatever, and.
Speaker 9: You know, suddenly people say, well, gosh, I saw with my own eyes. So what's happening is that the actual seeing, is believing is being turned on its head.
Speaker 10: So that's no longer true.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a completely fabricated character out of Orwell. It's just recently they had Tillie Norwood, who is a completely fabricated AI personality, and the person who came up with it is got agents representing her. They got her out there as an actress. I mean it was like, so I've created an AI actress which will do a lot of different roles for you. She probably does her own stunts as well. I'm actually met people in SAG, the screen actors Gil and Andy, furious about this, and I said, any agents this AI character, it's not going to do any business with us. But we're already at that point. It truly is interesting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And one of the ways of neutralizing it is to create the situation that exists right now between you and me. You're laughing and I'm laughing because it seems funny, and it is funny, but it's a very serious purpose.
Speaker 10: Behind all of this.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's all better to try to alter people's perceptions so that they begin to doubt the varietity of what they're seeing.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yes, And I've talked for the longest time about how the whole idea for the Internet was created by darpest psychologists, and I've been concerned that it was all about the psychological manipulation from the get go with all of this. But as a physician and as a neuroscientist, I'd be interested in your take on what is currently going on, because besides manipulating the past by changing information about the past or memory holding it, or writing a new alternative history of it, they're also concerned and there's been projects that have been put out by DARPA, and I don't know if they've been successful or not, but you know, they're putting out requests for people to come up with things to manipulate people's memories. So you've got a soldier, they say it, who's got bad PTSD. Let's get rid of that memory. Let's give them different memories. What do you see in terms of someone who studies the brain and neuroscience, what do you see about that? What do you take as I think is the state of the art with that.
Speaker 9: Well, my last book was called The Complete Book of Memory. It had to do with memory and studied memory in great detail.
Speaker 10: And of course you.
Speaker 9: Have to do a way with the concept that memory is like a videotape or something that you just store in your brain and when you get and want to get it, you just bring it out like you bring out a videotape. It's not like that. It's a reconstruction. Each time you think back to a certain event, you alter that memory that you have.
Speaker 10: Memory one, memory two, memory three, on.
Speaker 1: And on and all.
Speaker 9: That's the nature of memory, and memory can be manipulated. It's always you know, in the courtroom. They're always trying to avoid the contamination of the witness. An example that would be, well, which car went through the red light? And to ask a witness he said, oh, it was a red car went through the red light. Well, would it surprise you to know that it wasn't a red light but it was a stop sign? Mister witness, of course, his credibility is gone because he took the suggestion that it was a red light instead. It'll be very easy to do because you don't necessarily have that image of that intersection in your mind. So that's why there's protections even in the courtroom against leading the witness. They caught another words, providing information that's either not through at all or half true. So we've got that ca This is not this didn't start in the twenty first century. That that started, you know as long as we've had court rooms. This is a more emphasis now on altering memory. So the people will not will get up there an undercross examination. They'll do pretty well because their whole memories but altered. They've changed by various mechanisms, suggestion, repeating information which is false, of course, which is the misinformation. There was a cartoon about a week ago by Ramirez, in which he's spilled the prize winner. He has three doctors in an operating room. It's in a laboratory. One of them is looking into a microscope and he looks up and he says, this is the most dangerous pathogen we have ever encountered. And the second doctor says, well, is it ubonic plague? Is it smallpox? And then the one that he says, no, it's misinformation and disinformation.
Speaker 2: That's right, And we've got to be very careful because many times the people who will tell us about that are the people who want to be the ones who define what the information is for us, and they will ask those leading questions. You know, when we talk about leading questions and manipulating people, there's been a lot of reports about artificial intelligence kind of people who have a particular psychosis or something and they get involved with the AI and it starts to confirm the things that they want, because that's what it is set up to do in terms of bias that want to, you know, be empathetic and sympathetic to people, and so it starts doing that and leading them further and further down a particular rabbit hole. There's been situations of you know, people who got into severe mental distress, some suicides of some young children and other things like that speak to that aspect of it and the real danger of that. That is really kind of I think speaks to the to the psychological aspect and potential of artificial intelligence, and that could be weaponized. Right now, it's just kind of happening out of their business model, right but that could definitely be weaponized against people.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: I talk about that in my book in the chapter on the Internet. There are famous examples of people who have suicided right on the internet live feed, and they've been manipulated to doing that by other people who've encouraged them said this would be a sign of strength, this would be a sign that you're not afraid to die if necessary. And there's cases of them that actually led to the suicide. One of them is most Grizzly. I have in my book about a person who has talked into pouring gasoline over themselves and setting a match all on open feed Internet. And while this fire is burning, you can hear everybody in the backgrounds cheer.
Speaker 10: We did it, We did it. We got them to do it.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's amazing, amazing.
Speaker 9: So there's something about the Internet and about that actually brings out statistic criminal, psychopathic trends, and we don't know why. Is it the fact that you don't necessarily can't be identified. It's something that is going to be influencing and has influenced the Internet greatly, and it will continue to do so, and so we understand it.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the things that's so dangerous about the things that we saw with lockdown, other aspects of it. There's an atomization here, and so many different ways the government and tech companies are trying to make sure that we don't we're not in person with each other. You know, many cases like, for example, in this interview, we couldn't do this interview if we both had if one of both of us had to travel. We're able to do this because we can do it over zoom or whatever. But just taking ordinary things that you would normally do in terms of interacting with people in school or in church or in your community or whatever, taking that away and putting a screen between the two of you, it really does change the way people interact with each other. I remember Errol Morris, the film director was able to get people to say all kinds of things. He got a murderer to confess, He got Robert McNamara to confess about the false Flago, the Vietnam War. He got people say all kinds of stuff because there was that distance between him and them. He could have interviewed them in person. But what he did was he put an interotron, which he is what he called it. It was basically a teleprompter that he had set up so he could do two way communication at the time. And once he had that distance there, then it completely changed the dynamics that he would have versus with somebody person to person. And that's what we're talking about here, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're talking about that, And of course there's the incredations of this, and it continues like.
Speaker 10: We're you're interviewing me, We're discussing. I feel like it's a discussion.
Speaker 9: If I were to say something that later I regretted, I could probably say, oh, well, that wasn't me, that was my avatar.
Speaker 2: Or my agent, Right, I got an AI agent that's out there doings. That's right, that's crazy. We also see though, as a doctor, you're seeing people have noticed actual physical changes that can be observed in people's brains from I'm thinking of the story about the London taxi drivers who would do the knowledge and they would find that as they memorized all these factual details and drew on that all the time in order to take people to you know, this very complicated city with its complicated streets, that they had a particular part of the brain that was larger than the typical person. And then they found that once they stopped doing that, it started to shrink again. And we're starting to see that happening with people in a lot of different areas of their life, that kind of atrophy and it's physically observable, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Well, it is.
Speaker 9: You have to learn, you have to use the things that you have learned to do. Like I mentioned in my memory book, there's all kinds of memory exercises.
Speaker 10: That you can do.
Speaker 9: I do them every day and they're very easy and they can help you to continue with your with your memory to keep it sharp.
Speaker 2: Give us some examples. I'm sure everybody would love to know that. I would all like to have a better memory. What kind of things do we can we do to exercise I.
Speaker 9: Think about the fact that you never had to learn pictures when you were an infant and a young child. A picture was something that you could You may not know what you're looking at, but you could see it without an intermediary language is something that you have to hear from other people. It's something that's sort of added on to the brain. Okay, So as a result, the most the best way of remembering something is to make a.
Speaker 10: Image for it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: For instance, I have a little dog called a skipper Key. Skipper Key is a Belgian dog. He's a nice little fellow.
Speaker 10: But it was embarrassing to me when walking the street people say what kind of a dog is that?
Speaker 9: And it couldn't come up with a name because it was so complicated.
Speaker 10: And I thought that skipper Key I didn't speak any doubt or anything.
Speaker 9: So then I got this image of a small boat with a large captain with a beard holding a big key. So it was skipper Key and I remember forever. So I was going to have the picture. Once I have the picture, it's easy to do another way, easy way to do it, and you can do that with all kinds of times.
Speaker 10: All the time I was.
Speaker 9: Going upstairs before I came down to the office and I wanted to get my wallet, and I wanted to get my cell phone. So I just had an image of a wall in the form of a cell phone, and I was walking up the stairs talking into the walllet cell phone. So I got up and I knew I had these two elements to get. Be very easy to get one and forget the other. So you have these images all the time and the quickest you know, this is sort of off the topic of the book, but if you want to have a firepower memory for a load of things, it's up to ten things and get ten areas that you are familiar with that you see every day, and then you could put on those images the thing you're trying to remember. So if I'm trying to remember a loaf of bread, milk, maybe a batteries, I have a regular way.
Speaker 10: Of doing that. I have like I remember the library that's near.
Speaker 9: My home, the coffee shop, liquor store, Georgetown University Medical School where I went, Georgetown University, Cafe Milano, which is a place in Washington everybody gathers, and then Keybridge, Ewa, Jeema Memorial, and Regan Airport. So that bread would be, for instance, the loaf of bread. I was looking in the window of the library. Instead of seeing books, I see bread loaves of bread. And when I get down to the liquor store, instead of it being filled with liquor, that'll be built ball. So that's how I love to get two it so I have those ten, so I can get ten items.
Speaker 10: Together not any problems at all.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, you know, it's interesting you talk about the importance of a visualization. It's one of the things that I do in terms of preparing for the show. I have a lot of articles that I go through and it's really when I highlight things or when I write them down, that's when I can remember them. If I don't do that, if I were just to read these things, I wouldn't remember them. But if I interact with it and write it down, that helps me to remember it. So that is a kind of visualization there, I guess as well. It is. It truly is interesting what you said earlier about memory not being something that is stored in a place. As somebody coming from a computer science background, that was a very different thing. When you construct your your memory, you know, how do you reconstruct that? I mean that that that as opens up a whole new area of questions as well. In other words, if every time somebody brings up a subject, I mean, there isn't something that's stored initially to reference that and then rebuild from that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's that.
Speaker 9: There's the interconnections. Like you know, somebody listening to us might say, well, gee, this is called the twenty first century brain, but I haven't heard that much about the brain. Well, let me just link that up so that these things make sense. We have a new version, or I should say, a new understanding of the brain called the connectomet brain, in which there's all kinds of interactions in the brain of parts of the brain. But you don't we're just learning about I have the I use the metaphor of a bull of spaghetti. You pull out one of the strains of spaghetti, and you never have any idea what it's connected to. How many other strains is spaghetti this is connected to? So that if you think of the brain as being kind of set to make connections, that's its natural processing. So it gets back to these things that we were talking about earlier, you know, global warming and memory and surveillance and all that how are we going to solve all those Well, somehow or other those things are connected with each other. That's the take home message of this book. And the basic goal is to try to figure out what it is that connects.
Speaker 10: These things, what it is that would allow us to.
Speaker 9: Buy solving one of them solve the other. And I mentioned at the end of the book experts. So far, I haven't done it. So it's useful, as Hiak said, to get ordinary people to give. When I say ordinary, I mean non specialized people to give their ideas. Do you I wonder what such and such would happen? What would happen about global warming? For a while there was, in fact there's still experiments going on on the effect of sulfur that would help the CO two problem, and you know, shooting sulfur up into the atmosphere. Of course, the reason for that was the volcano in nineteen eighty something, in which after that volcano in Hawaii, it was noted that the air was clearer and there was less pollution. So that's something to think about, is there's some way of using that particular sulfur experiment to decrease global warming. War for instance, we don't think of war as a cause of global warming, but it is.
Speaker 2: Clear warning.
Speaker 9: Since the Ukraine War and the gauze of war, then you know, a tremendous amount that's going to overcome and exceed the benefit of any of these things, like you know, non gasoline engines, but using things like that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, it's kind of like, you know, shooting up rockets in order to put satellites up. You know, how many how many cars and lifetime use of cars from people would that be equivalent to And you start talking about all the missiles that are being shot and then you get to the explosives as well. Uh, it is really interesting how they focus us on their objectives for their ways to control the manipulation has been going on for quite some time. And so yeah, that is it is pretty amazing. And I guess that's my you know my, when we look at this stuff, it really does look like science fiction. And I'm almost inclined to write it off when I first see it. When DARPA is saying, well, we need to find some way that we can you know, erase memories and people and insert new memories into them. And we were going back to total recall, right, so it sounds like something from Philip K. Dick novel, But they're really working on that. And I guess one of the most striking things that we saw we reported on a couple of weeks ago, and it was a company that was bragging about how they could read your mind more accurately and quickly than their competitors, because there's a lot of different companies that are doing this, and how they could. It's called brain it was the name of the company, and so they had a way that they would do MRI and they could essentially train it on your brain and I'm a shorter time the other people, and they can get much better results. And our producers just pull this up. So what they do is they show you an image and you're looking at that image, and then it's reading your mind and reconstructing what you're looking at, which I thought was absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time. How is this going to be used? I guess that's the real issue when we start talking about all these different things. I think that is the real case that it's difficult for people to understand just how far and how quickly the technology has progressed, and then to say, and how do we control this from it being used for bad purposes.
Speaker 9: Well, that's specifically twenty first century problem. Yes, because all of these things are either originated in the twenty first century or they have in fact further developed to become increasingly threatening.
Speaker 10: And bear in mind we have to have to solve these problems because they're not something that's going to go away. And then the most important thing to remember, David, is.
Speaker 9: That all of these things harm the brain, and the brain is the thinking processor.
Speaker 10: It's going to save us.
Speaker 9: It's going to figure out what the problems, what the solutions to the problems are. So we know now that wildfire smoke, for instance, it creates dementia, it enhances the likelyhoodo subfy's coming to menash. So as the brain is affected negatively increasingly over longer and longer periods of time, our ability to solve these problems is going to decrease. So we've got to do it now. We've got to get serious about it. And this business of people getting up saying the global warming is fiction and all that is really very very disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, you know the example that you gave earlier of the fact that the Indian government was manipulating the temperature at some of the stations there. That kind of works both ways. They have put some of the temperature stations on the air or tarmacs, and in the UK they have a lot of the temperature stations that they've got there, they're just extrapolating the data. They don't have real temperature measurement stations there. So it all really gets back, I think, to the scientific method, and that's really where we have to hold people's feet to the fire. We're talking about something like that. We can have an absolute standard of what truth is, and that truth is going to be being able to measure something accurately and being able to reproduce that. And then I think a good yardstick for that is when somebody is trying to hide their data. That's the clue right there that they're not doing science. Because if they're doing science and they've come to the right conclusion, they don't have a problem with somebody looking at their data. And so I've got a question here for you from a person in the audience asking you know about doctors James Giordano and Charles Morgan their work with military. I'm not familiar with those names. I don't know if you know anything about that or not.
Speaker 10: To your daughter says familiar, what particular thing are they asking about them?
Speaker 2: I don't know it just as their work with the military. I guess i'd have to do with something, but you haven't heard of it.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure I could say to your dollar, did this or did that?
Speaker 2: Sure? I understand. Yeah, let's talk a little bit about the things that we have been anxious about, and of course, as Christians, we have one answer to it. But you talk about how this is something that has been around pretty much all of our life. I mean there was I grew up with anxiety about nuclear war, for example. That was on everybody's television, and that was a fourth front front of our mind, especially growing up in Florida when the Cuban missile crisis was happening. They got us really afraid of that. When I was in elementary school. You know, it's like there's not gonna be enough time for you to get home. You know, a nuclear bomb started falling in So, I mean there's all these different ways that you can panic people. I guess part of it is how do we identify the real problems and how do we deal with those problems because there's always things that are competing for our attention and our anxiety, many of which are not real, you know, and usually the things that you're really the most concerned about won't happen, and it may be sometimes because you have taken a precaution about it. What would you say about that, about anxiety?
Speaker 10: You're starting to break up a little bit, Can you hear me, clearly?
Speaker 2: I hear you, yes, Yes, sorry about that. You're talking about breaking up a little bit. You're talking about traumatizing a population. You know, what do we do to guard against that type of thing? And of course that's going to really escalate with the ability of AI to create a narrative.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, let's talk about it as an avenue to get into that. Let's go back to what you've brought about atomic weapons and the atomic war, the fears of the people that there's going to be another atomic war. I mean, you know, this is not unrealistic. There's even been a movie that's just come out that's getting all kinds of attention, as you know, and it has to.
Speaker 10: Do with the threat of a nuclear war.
Speaker 9: Things in the If you look at what's happening in Europe right now, there's all kinds of suggestions that could lead to a nuclear war. I mean, Ukraine now has announced that they're under no conditions willing to give up any land, and Stalin is I mean, Putin is thinking what he can do to change that. But maybe he'll attack another country. I mean, this is scary stuff. So what's happening in response to the government is to try to show that, oh, we shouldn't worry about it, we have things under control. But I don't think things are under control.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about the problems, and we talked about problems you have. Your final chapter is New ways of Thinking, and I'd like to talk about that. One of the things that you say is Ocam was wrong. Occam's razor that you know people are familiar with. Tell us a little bit about that. Why is I come wrong?
Speaker 9: Well, because he says that, you know, the entities are not to be multiplied, meaning that we can always explain things best by limiting ourselves to the minimum amount of factors, ideally one one cause of every effect.
Speaker 10: That's not true. It's certainly not true.
Speaker 9: In the twenty first century, there's all kinds of interactions between factors and cause, so that Occam was wrong in that basis. We have to think of an interconnecting pool, just as in the brain, of interconnections of neurons, interconnections of these problems.
Speaker 10: And they're all related.
Speaker 9: They're all eight of them I talk about in my book. They're all related. And if you can figure way of influencing one, you influence all the others. I mean, who would think there'd be a connection between global warming and the amount of artison and cheese Friends's high end cheese.
Speaker 10: Well, there is, because they don't chicken stole lay the many eggs, and it would be all the various other things to.
Speaker 9: Come on in terms of making cheese. I turned out learned that the other day. That was something that was a surprise to me.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of interesting. We talked about connections so much, and there was a series that was I think it was on PBS. I think the guy's name was Burke. I can't remember his first name. I'm not sure about the last name. But he had a series called Connections, and I thought it was fascinating because what he would do is he would take a whole series of connections to show how a particular technology had evolved, you know, so he might go from you know, the quill to the to the jet engine or something like that. And it was a fascinating, fascinating thread of things, very much like what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: It really is. And I did I did consult his work. Actually did you this book?
Speaker 9: Because he did that connections. He did a book called The Day the World Changed and all this. He also did a book called Circles, in which he would start with one particular event that he cared in history, and if you go around the circle, you come back to the beginning where it started, where this particular inventor invented something, what led up to it, What was the circle.
Speaker 10: Leading to that. So, yes, we're talking about connections, and we're talking about the inability to understand things without reference to supporting an accessory factors. We have that going all the time, denying things that are going to be happening.
Speaker 9: Of course, I think the fearful thing is that the government is aiding in this denial, because if you would deny that there's a problem, then there's very little impetus to try to solve it, you know, Yeah, and there is no problem, don't try to solve it.
Speaker 2: They're throwing out their own chaos and uncertainty and anxiety that's out there all the time always, I guess. So the question is you're talked about volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. I mean it sounds like a government policy. I think they've got bureaucracies that specialized on that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well actually that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in your section there about new ways of thinking and so how do we incorporate that in the new ways of thinking that help us to solve this riddle?
Speaker 10: Well, each of those factors is.
Speaker 9: A factor that helps you to understand things and to have more control. It doesn't necessarily mean it helps you to link them together. That has to be done by original thinking. You have to be under those things. Things are evolvable. You don't have a basic situation that doesn't change. It changes all the time. So that The other thing that I want to emphasize most is that is the role of capitalism in all of this. I mean, there's all this like the private equity, the business of people having a point of view that is going to advance them financially, and that blinding them to the problems that are here, Like, for instance, we talked about global warming, Well, the rich people of very rich people are buying multi million dollar departments and condominiums which have special.
Speaker 10: Air filters which will keep.
Speaker 9: The wildfire smoke out, and we'll try to keep the global warming effect at bay by superpower air conditioners.
Speaker 2: So the building they're building their own bunkers to buildings that are creating all kinds of chaos and and uh, you know, weapons of war mass destruction. They're out there building super bunkers in various places as well. So I think they're somewhat pessimist think about what they're doing.
Speaker 9: Well, it's basically the idea is that, you know, we don't care about the ordinary person.
Speaker 10: We're going to survive. We're going to see to our own survival, and if we in order to do that, we have to deny certain things that are that are going on, will do so. Now, incidentally, all of this is not conscious thinking.
Speaker 9: They don't necessarily say, well, I'm going to deny global warming because it'll be to my advantage financially because all my investment is in the globe the oil and gas industry. They don't do it that way. They come up with pseudo logic, things that seem to make sense to them, But if they didn't have a financial thrust in the matter, they would look out upon it quite differently.
Speaker 2: That's right. We can always find a justification for what it was, what it is that we really want. Everybody should understand that if your parents this time of year, at Christmas time, you can always understand that people will come up with a justification for what they want. And that's that's as true of government as a is of corporations out there, and it's really dangerous one of the two of them connect with each other. I think that's one of the things. You know, you talk about connections and the importance of it and how we can try to connect these different factors, each of us individually. But I think it's the human connection that is out there that is going to be essential for all of this. It's going to be our collective work on and all this. What do you think about that? Would you agree with that?
Speaker 9: Well, I'd agree with it. But there's so many things that are taking place now that are causing the schisms and yes, splitting people into factors and belief systems and political points of view, and that's very dangerous because then you can't get together any kind of unity, even in the face of an emergency.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we've always had I think we've always had these factor you know, factions and things like that. You know, the founder of the country warned about factions and political parties. But I think what makes it unique is that when you're interacting with people on a personal basis, you interact with them a little bit differently than if you've got that separation between you that technology is giving us now, because now you're interacting with something that's abstract, it's not with another person, and there's also the body language that you're not picking up on. But it makes it easier for you to be harder on people when there's that distance there. I think that's why I think, you know, the personal connection I think is really vital to making these connections and coming up with an understanding of what's going on. We talk about the hidden factors that are out there, hidden unrelated topics, other people, as you pointed out earlier, just talking to ordinary people about what it is that you see with different things. I think that is the genius of the collective free market out there. That there's so many observers who are looking at things and thinking about them, and it's kind of their collective decision that is kind of guiding things along, as opposed to having a central planner who's doing that. What do you think about that You've got to in your final chapter a new way of thinking? You have what you call it sensible solution. What does that really involve?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, I hear what you said the last part.
Speaker 2: You have a sensible solution. What do you think a sensible solution to the kind of stress and chaos and anxiety that we have, manipulation that we have. What is a solution to that? Well?
Speaker 9: I think the Wikipedia is a good example of that. They have people from all walks of life, all levels of education, free to contribute to whatever topic they may want to do that it may be helpful.
Speaker 10: I mentioned earlier about the.
Speaker 9: Effect of global warming on the making of cheese. It might be somebody who makes cheese that's going to come up with some idea.
Speaker 10: You know, we don't know that.
Speaker 9: We don't know that that may not be where it comes some original idea of what to do about global warming, And you put it on what I'd like to think and I hope it will be developed a kind of Wikipedia where the ordinary person can feel free to put forth their ideas about it. Now you say, well, we already have that, we have the Internet, No we don't.
Speaker 10: The Internet is a commercial situation.
Speaker 9: It's all done for making money and you have attention and all that, and there's no criticism of it. There's no pure review, if you will, rights in the Wikipedia. I mean, you know, people could write in and say, well, that particular contribution as bonkers, and then give an example why it is that was a very good idea.
Speaker 10: And after that you begin to get.
Speaker 9: Things coming together in unpredictable ways that may help us solve these eight problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem is it seems like whenever you wind up having a form or place where things can be, and that's true of the Internet, it's also true of Wikipedia, then it becomes you have gatekeepers who are there. And we saw this in spades throughout the COVID stuff that if somebody's got a different idea, rather than debate them, the impetus is to silence them by the people who are in authority. And so that really, I think is the key thing, and I think as part of that we see a continuing rise in disgust and deprivation of free speech. People are not interested in the principle of free speech. They don't want to have open debate. And I see this regardless of where people coming from on the political spectrum. There is a declining interest and debate and thinking. You know, the debate is critical to critical thinking, and so the people who are in charge, the gatekeepers, whether it's Wikipedia or the Internet or any other form of information, they are weighing in on that, and they don't want things that they disagree with. And it might be because they've got an agenda, or it might be because they've just got a particular prejudice about something that want to make sure that the contrary views don't get out there. That I think is the real key that's there. And again this is part of this animization that we have of people feeding that tribalism in the way that we've never seen it before using technology.
Speaker 9: I would agree with everything you've just said exactly, and I think we have to try to get beyond that.
Speaker 10: But we get back.
Speaker 9: Again to this business of people having their own personal financial point of view and position and pushing that basically.
Speaker 10: On the fact that they look upon it as.
Speaker 9: So maybe we're talking about a capitalism problem. We've got capitalism, it's what this country's all about. But I mean it's certain parts of it. Now we've gone to the point where people are unable to take another point of view if it's going to be financially harmful and hurtful to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that, you know, we start looking at the tech companies. I don't think that their capitalism would exist. I don't think they have billions of dollars if they weren't unified with the government. So there's a there's a symbiosis there that the two of these entities feed off of each other. And I think that in exus right there is the is the difficult thing. And so I think, you know, when I think of capitalism, I don't like to refer to capitalism anymore because I think of it as a partnership, a public private partnership, some kind of a economic fascism where they are working together. But I like to think of a free, competitive market where the government doesn't have any role except as some kind of a referee between two parties that have a conflict or something. But yeah, that's a that's the thing that's really driving this. You know, many people when they talk about AI, they said, well, you know, here's a couple of different outcomes. Maybe this stuff really works the way it's supposed to work, and it takes everybody's jobs and we wind up with a depression. Or maybe it doesn't work at all, in which case the big AI stock bubble that we've got bursts and everybody loses their job because of that. Well there's a third alternative, and that is that the government keeps popping it up with public funds because it feeds their surveillance and manipulation needs and their ability to surveil and to control us. And I really think that that's where this is all going to head. I don't really you know, those other two things may happen, and they may be true, but I think there is a customer out there for the AI stuff that is driving all this stuff, that has been putting out these proposals for the longest time, and that's governments, governments around the world. I mean, we look at the Brain project that we had a few years ago, that was during the Oboma administration. But things like the Brain Computer Interface that Elon Musk and many other tech companies are doing out there. There's neuralink and there's a lot of them that are doing that. That's being driven by the government wanting to connect into our minds, hack into our minds really, and they've been funding that kind of stuff. So how do we break that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, on the musk side, it seems doing it for money, I mean obviously to make money. That's right, So that there's unholy alliance if you will, between someone who can't see anything on the dollar and in another side of the government can't see anything other than increasing power and surveillance over the population.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, absolutely true. Well, it's a fascinating book. It's fascinating take on this. And of course you've written many books on the brain, the memory one very interesting, and you do have sections about memory in this book as well. And people be able to find this on Amazon, I guess is the best place that they can find it looking for the title of this and it is. You know, it is something that I think we all need to think about how we're going to operate the effects that this technology is having on our brains in the twenty first century. And that is the title of the book. The twenty first Century Brain by Richard rest Tack. Thank you very much, doctor rest Thank you, appreciate you coming on. Enjoyed a thank you, a very interesting conversation. Thank you. Have a good day. Folks are gonna take a quick break and we will be right back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Night Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. And I've had a lot of comments. I don't want to get to these. I knew before I brought him in that he was I didn't think he was gonna be that focused on climate change. I really wanted to talk to him about the other issues that were there. But yeah, we had a lot of comments about that. As a matter of fact, Land said, is this thing about the cheese stuff in global warming connections? That so they can try to tax the cheese. So I guess the question is who stole the cheese? Right? These people are trying to steal our cheese all the time. But we do have an update, by the way, and this is some comments from the telegram chat. Paul McCloud said, I'm asking each and every one of you to send prayers in my direction for specific reason that I cannot disclose the moment by the pricking of my thumbs. Something wicked this way comes, so they sent that. Just pass that along to you. That's for Paul McLeod, who is asking for prayer and for the love of the road. Ryan has given us an update on his dad's surgery. He said, dad surgery is done afternoon yesterday. It went well and they eliminated all seven blockages. Wow, had to take veins from of the parts of the body to go around some of them. Though. He should be home by Saturday. He said, sorry to hear about Clyde. Lewis glad he's got a loyal base that is helping him with GoFundMe. Yes, and so I'm glad that things are going well for your dad, Ryan. I hope it continues to go that way. We'll continue to pray about that. And let me get some of your comments. Here O comes Razors. Not what people think it is. It states that the explanation with the least number of assumptions is likely to be correct, not the simplest explanation is likely to be correct. That's from Greg Hume. One one that's fine, yes, and he says, oh for let's see this is I'm Marty. He says come on, most wildfire are urson, not global warming. I agree with that. I agree with that, and you all know that I'm not. I'm not buying into global warming. And he began by talking about how they were manipulating the data at the Indian stations to try to minimize the pollution that was there and to lower the temperature. But typically government's doing just the opposite. And it was a climate change crowd, the global warming crowd, that gave India the license to have as cheap and dirty A power plants as possible. So you might want to start with what the government policy has been towards their mcguffin of climate change. That's the reason they have that kind of pollution that's there. And of course that was why Nixon unconstitutionally created the Environmental Protection Agency. There's nothing in the constitution that says that it's the role of the federal government to protect the environment. And they did it because of pollution. They said, we got some polluted sites that are so big, we don't have the money to address them locally or state level, so let's do it at the federal level. And so they had their super fun clean up thing, and then they metastasized from pollution to telling us what kind of cars we could have and mission control with that. So again it's mission creeper. I guess we could say emission creep.
Speaker 5: Though in the case of the Indian testing stations, I believe he was referring to air quality with the massive amounts of air pollution they have in these cities, yeah, and spraying it. I believe he was implying that you clean up the air, which in that instance I would agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you find interestingly enough, you know, and the two most populist countries, China and India, where they have said don't worry about cleaning up the pollution from your factories or your power stations, do whatever you want, right, they also have the worst air pollution. Wu han, It's one of the worst places for air pollution. So real. Octospook says he's correct about one thing. The money around global warming will buy the truth before it can be muttered. That's right. Money problem and a gigantic government. Yeah, we can our head around the whole issue. I think all the little spaghetti strings, when you keep pulling them all out, you'll find the government, and you'll find human nature. In terms of the greed for power and for money. That is the common spaghetti thread that ties all this stuff together, and that's how we keep our distance from this. But I think the real key thing take away from me from that interview was the key thing is the connections. Our brain works on connections. Our brain works best with connections. Connections with other people expand our mind, expand our universe. And it's that person to person connection that is so difficult for us to maintain owing today, that is so vital for us our survival. Thank you for joining us. Have a good day. The common man, they created common Core. They've dumbed down our children. They created common past, track and control us their Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future. They see the common man as simple, unsophisticated ordinary. But each of us has worth and dignity created in the image of God. That is what we have in common. That is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us, while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at The Davidnightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidnightshow dot com