Speaker 1: Oh man, it's the unbelievable story of the day on one oh one.
Speaker 2: So your guy rolls up and it was an establishment, right m hmm, pulls out a little poop, you a little gun. Oh my god, rob's the place. Oh it's awful, runs away, please whoop poop. They arrest him. Now the guy gets sentenced to thirteen years in prison. They're like, you're sentencing. We're gonna give you a couple of months to get your fairs in order because this is your first time.
Speaker 3: Like whatever first what do they call that? Your first crime?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 3: You first fence.
Speaker 4: He got a couple of months to just okay, and.
Speaker 2: He was like, we'll call you when we're ready. Weird.
Speaker 3: This is in two thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Guess stuff was different back then. I guess the only thing is they never called. He sat by the phone, he awaited, he said, I don't listen, and they come get me. I'm not gonna go up and say I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So thirteen years goes by, and in this time, this guy became a head coach of a like a little league football club. He also he had a family, He bought a house, pays his tax. He's like just a standard decent human being. Yeah, no other offenses after that. He just was a clean.
Speaker 1: Cut was getting away with it twice.
Speaker 2: So then meanwhile in the prison they go to get this. Thirteen years goes by, it's his release date. They go to let him out. He's not there.
Speaker 1: They're like, wait a minute, and maybe that's when they discovered.
Speaker 2: That's when they found out a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Claire Cooley. She's going down.
Speaker 3: So he gets a little knock on the door.
Speaker 1: He finally had probably had sighed a sigh of relief, like, oh, they forgot it's never happening.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and he changed up his whole Now he has kids and a wife and all these things and like an actual life.
Speaker 1: And he wonder if he told his wife that this happened.
Speaker 2: She was aware, She was like, I guess they were like I guess they just lettaw, which I feel like they were.
Speaker 3: Playing a little koy they knew it was up.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: How terrible would it be? Like, Okay, if I would have just went, I'd be getting out right now. But now I have to go in and do these thirteen years?
Speaker 4: Are they making him do thirteen years?
Speaker 2: They put them back in prison, and they're like, you have to live out your entire I mean that's what you got sentence. We don't like obviously you're reformed and you're you're a good person now.
Speaker 4: But feel like you could probably appeal it.
Speaker 3: At that point it was appealed. He got four months and they let him out.
Speaker 1: Still four months is chaotic with like the family and stuff, but way better than thirteen years.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know, be honest, be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you go or would you ride it out? Would you go waiting for them or would you ride it out?
Speaker 3: I would ride that like a wave, baby. I'd be like, pardon me.
Speaker 1: My immediate reaction is I would ride the wave.
Speaker 3: I would be anxious always, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I am such a rule follower. I'd be so stressed out. But I'd also be like, am I really going to wait on hold with the police department and being like, are you gonna come get me?
Speaker 2: They can figure it out. I'm not gonna help him. I don't get paid for that. That's not my But also the question is do we give criminals a little I got you this time?
Speaker 3: No, a right?
Speaker 1: Remember how you want so that you think every president should get one chill daddy chill. That is not work for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you don't chill daddy, chill your way out of all these things.
Speaker 4: No, he literally held a gun to someone.
Speaker 1: It gave them nightmares for life, probably therapy to rob a place he doesn't get up. Great that he found he reformed his life.
Speaker 2: But I mean, my god, kind of got a slap on the wrist, but turn out to be a good, decent human being. So what haves?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on.
Speaker 1: One on one point three, Katie w B with Fallon and Colt. Okay, I have to confront you about something, all right, Okay, hold On dropped something.
Speaker 5: I'm back.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get yelled out. Just make me wait for it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So basically, I this has happened one other time before, and I called you out on it, and I thought that that was probably good enough to keep you from doing it again. And yet this weekend I get back. You're kind enough to say hey to me on my birthday, but I had to encounter yet again a very uncomfortable exchange between you and my step said. And at first we're talking about every time you are around my step son who is seventeen years old.
Speaker 4: You actively tried to.
Speaker 1: Sound young and cool, and it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I'm flying you hate. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It's so ridiculous, to the point where I was like, I was first going to record the audio, but the kids were screaming because we have Colt and I both have kids, so I was like, no, I'm just going to take notes. I wrote down sentences, actual sentences you said to my step son to clearly sound cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever, throw it to me.
Speaker 1: Brah, brah. If I had to come back to cold Weather, I would crash out.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like, dude, I would crash out so hard.
Speaker 1: What does crash out even mean?
Speaker 2: I'm just freak out of a meldown crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll start using crash out immediately. Bruh, I had to come If I had to come back to cold Weather, I would crash out.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: They get weirder by the way, all right. I don't even know what this was why you were talking about an uber ride. I don't even know what was going on, but this is something you said to my step son. Yeah, dude, to have the worst uber guy one time he was a deal.
Speaker 3: That's an additive version of you know what, So you.
Speaker 1: Say up now instead of.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, yeah, we locked eyes.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: He was a true I'm so embarrassed for you.
Speaker 2: Just say that I could relate to you. Your Stef's some more than you. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually okay with you, don't You don't he does when he when you leave the conversation, he's usually read in his face embarrassed for you because you are not close to his age.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: This is another sentence I wrote down that you said at some point to my stepson, Dude, I saw a pic of your dad. Make me.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: As I was saying it, I was like, this feels weird.
Speaker 1: You know where I'm going. Yes, dude, I saw a pick of your dad making me feel like a chopped chin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 2: It makes me feel ugly like I don't have a chopped chin, Like I'm just I don't have chopped.
Speaker 1: Chin means ugly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: I want to know if anyone listening right now has kids and can confirm that any of these things are real. Lingo by the way you can text five three ninety two one KTWB one or call six five one nine eight nine ktw B. Why not.
Speaker 3: Next one?
Speaker 1: Did you now this one isn't even like you because you're not like a womanizer kind of guy.
Speaker 4: I could tell that you were desperately just trying.
Speaker 1: To see any ladies while in Hawaii, question Mark, I wrote down He's like nah, and you wrote, ah, yeah, bra, I'll chuzz. What does chuzz mean?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like chopped chan is chopped chopped? Uh, you know, cheek as chopped me, doesn't it? Well? Maybe I don't know. This is I'm speaking his language. I go into his culture. I don't disrespect it.
Speaker 1: Cult at Dylan does not come up to me ever, or.
Speaker 4: I don't even hear it around me, because you don't.
Speaker 2: He knows you won't get it. I just get him.
Speaker 1: Wait, and this one I do know because the kids were in the room yelling, so I know what you were doing. You're like, yeah, dude, when the planes lay, just pmo.
Speaker 2: Oh you when the planes lay pmo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you're embarrassing, and no, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: He looks up to me.
Speaker 4: I think I don't Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, it's the pop Culture Minute with Felon and.
Speaker 2: Cult on one on one d w B.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into some white Lotus drama going on between two of our favorite main characters, so co stars Walton Goggins and Amy leu Wood. They have sparked fewed rumors. They played Rick and Chelsea, which were a lot of people's kind of like favorite couple at least they well, a lot of people didn't like Rick, but they loved Chelsea right, and they seemed so kind to each other. They like said that like this was such a beautiful experience for them, YadA YadA, yadda. Well, on the latest posts both of them made, because like every star from the show did like a recap and like they're so thankful, neither one of them tagged the other one. Everyone thought that was a little range, right, So then they started doing a little digging and they're like, what the heck is going on? So it gets more interesting because all of her comments are no longer on his posts. They've all disappeared, while his still appear on hers, which makes it look like he may have blocked her, because Wiles would all of her old comments be removed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So the fact that they did not tag each other, they also unfollowed each other, and it looks like she's blocked. People are like, what in the heck happened to cause this? Because this cast seems tighter than any other cast in any other seasons, Like they love each other, they're so they obsessed with each other. I have a theory, okay that she You have so many theories at him.
Speaker 2: Okay, they started feeling like, okay, it's good, we should maybe move in the direction of like a couple, and she rejected him.
Speaker 3: He found us blocked her boom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I can't say no because I don't know that's right. The other thing I found out was I did hear that they all get paid the exact same amount. So even like him Walton Goggins, who's far more established in the industry than like the youngest kid in the family, right, but they all made the same amount. They each made forty thousand dollars per episode. I don't know. I think it came out to around like three hundred and twenty thousand dollars or something.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: That doesn't to me that didn't seem that good. And here's why.
Speaker 1: Okay, because didn't they have to go film this for like seven months or something?
Speaker 2: Okay? Crazy?
Speaker 1: So for a normal person three hundred and twenty thousand dollars, that's multiple years of work, But for a celebrity, that's not.
Speaker 3: I was thinking it was like a six week shoot for some reason.
Speaker 1: Second, it may have been less than seven months, but it was definitely at least four months.
Speaker 3: I guess, like, if you're in Thailand, you're just chilling. They have it all paid. You're just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on HBO Max's dime. You're not like slum in it, you know what I mean. Yeah, but you do have to like be with from your family unless they come visit you or things like that. That's true. That's true. All right, let's dive into some other things. Britney Spears has dumped her sketchy boyfriend for.
Speaker 4: A second time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy seems sketchy anyway, so I'm not surprised she's ditched him before. Justin Bieber went off on paparazzi, yelling at him for like thirty straight seconds, saying they're all money grubbing a holes and none of them said anything. They just kept taking pictures basically while he went off on him. You know, he's been posting a lot about wanting to work on anger management and that kind of happens.
Speaker 2: Isn't it real? Why won't you just like move? It just feels like I guess it's because la is the only place he could be normal, because there's other like celebrities. Does he feel like so? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Lots of celebrities.
Speaker 1: Move away and they don't deal with.
Speaker 4: That as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not sure why he doesn't, like, for instance, go back to Canada or something. The mystery also has been solved officially for why Miss Rachel has been absent from her YouTube channel, a Netflix series of child development videos. She and her husband welcome to daughter via surrogate. They have a seven year old son, and last year she spoke openly about a miscarriage and she revealed she's medically unable to carry a child. But on Tuesday, she shared news on her Instagram. We welcome sweet baby Susannah into the world. Sometimes timing isn't what you plan, and the road to get there is bumpier than you expect, but I'm meant to be your mama. Nice, so so so sweet. That is your pop culture minute. It's brought to you by Ovo Lasigan Lynz. We'll be back with anyone listening who in five minutes on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Shit Care.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Cold. So this is anyone listening who. I've got a tiny bit of help today and for tomorrow. I put up on my Instagram stories fallen on Airy can follow me just kind of behind the scene of how we show prep for the show, and I posted We're doing anyone listening who if anyone had any suggestions. So one we got from Christine was anyone listening who found something besides food in.
Speaker 4: Their meal at a restaurant?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I would say probably more than a single hair too, because that's kind of like I had one of those the other day and I just moved fascina.
Speaker 2: With these stories and like even like house kit or not house kitchen, the kitchen nightmares and stuff is like I don't want to see what goes on behind I know there was.
Speaker 1: A TikTok video of someone like put their camera in the window of a coffee shop and there's a rat just licking off the syrups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was like, I don't want to know that that could happen. Okay, that wasn't local.
Speaker 1: By the way, anyone listening who flipped a kayak?
Speaker 2: Okay? How crazy did you get? How drunk were you?
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a story.
Speaker 3: How do you get back in the kayak? Yes, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: You can call six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B if you fit into these categories, by the way, or you think something is a scam.
Speaker 4: This was not me.
Speaker 1: So I went on one of those you know they have those I'm gonna get it wrong. Bioluminescent underwater tours Okay in Florida where there's this really cool bioluminescent it glows in the dark the water.
Speaker 4: So my friends and I were like, let's do this kayak tour.
Speaker 1: We go and they're postponing a postpunty Why there are two girls clearly doing drugs or getting drunk in their van and they're waiting on them. So I finally I'd had it. I go and I knock on the window of the van. I'm like, you're coming on the tour? Are you staying in your van. I lost it. Okay, it was it was nighttime. I was tired. They came out. You could tell something was off. We're in Florida. Okay, this is scary enough. It's at night time. I don't trust that there isn't a crocodile or ALLI get one of the girls. She flips her kayaks, She loses her phone and her shoe block story longer, and I was like, this is what you get, you dumb ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a place you want to flip, dude, and she I know.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there like, oh my god, what if I witnessed this girl be attacked by gator?
Speaker 2: You want to feel too bad? Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: Actually that'd be rough.
Speaker 1: But if you in those categories, you can give us call it six five, one, nine, eight nine katiewb. Anyone listening who flipped a kayak found something besides food in their meal at a restaurant that one came from Christine or thinks something as a scam, Let me gets cult you fall into think something as a scam?
Speaker 3: What is that that extra fee I have on my cell phone bill?
Speaker 2: What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Which one is that for? I?
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 4: Nine does filmmade up.
Speaker 1: Kiss one on one point three katiewb with Fallon and Colted.
Speaker 4: Anyone listening who.
Speaker 1: Flipped a kayak, think something as a scam, or found something besides food in their meal at a restaurant, which one of those categories.
Speaker 8: You fall into something that was not food in a lizard lizard?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't know if I want to know? What was it?
Speaker 4: How did you find it?
Speaker 5: A band aid?
Speaker 9: Because I put it on my spoon.
Speaker 1: What did you do? Uh?
Speaker 6: Threw it away?
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: And you go back to the storm and be like, dude, I found this or no.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then they gave me a free one.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But then I was super skeptical.
Speaker 2: Skeptical when you're so excited just to bite into that blizzard. You're like, oh, dude, maybe it's something my cheat day or sometime.
Speaker 1: Just wait. How far down in the blizzard did you find it?
Speaker 8: It was like halfway.
Speaker 1: That's why they were skeptically, like, oh, she ate half the blizzard. You're like, I swear, that's so gross. I'm glad they gave you a new one.
Speaker 8: Oh I didn't get a blizzard though.
Speaker 11: I got a calm because I wasn't taking that chance again, good.
Speaker 2: Call, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Thanks for colling. Hi, which category do you fall into?
Speaker 8: The non food item?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 8: A rock in my britle?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a rock in your burrito?
Speaker 8: So I usually disman told my burrito before I eat it, and I did him that day because I was so hungry something something God let me like like I probably had a few bites loved of it, and I opened it up and decided to use the rest of it as chip it. And as I did that, there was like, not just a small pebble, it was a rock.
Speaker 2: How does that happen? Who done?
Speaker 12: At first?
Speaker 4: I sure it wasn't like a bone, but no, you saw it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: I saved it in my pocket and asked one hundred people amount one hundred probably like ten.
Speaker 3: Did you confront the workers?
Speaker 2: Did you confront the workers at all?
Speaker 8: I did not?
Speaker 3: And they were like, oh, you got the rock. We actually forgot to charge you for that.
Speaker 2: That's with me.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then one and they be like, you know that's exactly like like.
Speaker 8: Are you trying to get free food? Your free was already gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rock.
Speaker 1: Crazy I rock is next level. I like, I'm so curious.
Speaker 2: The most upset I've ever been is when I bit into a boneless chicken breast and I hit a bone and ship my tooth. I was like, boneless, said boneless.
Speaker 8: Like my poor teeth would not have been able to handle them.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that's not made for that.
Speaker 4: Wow, thank you for calling?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 13: I found something other than food and my food?
Speaker 1: What were you eating?
Speaker 4: And what did you find?
Speaker 13: I was eating a cob salad from chick and I found a ladybug.
Speaker 1: I heard that like in salads, finding bugs, you know, like if the stuff isn't washed properly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And I was already halfway through my salad when I found it, So it's not fun.
Speaker 2: I used to work at a sandwich stop, we'll call it like ways up. I wur to waste up and I swear to god, I was cleaning out the spinach and there was a moth family living in the spinach bucket.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, I'm never eating vegetables again, And you would you.
Speaker 13: Would say, said, I wouldn't want to go back there, but they gave me like five free food bouchers and I use them all.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna eat with the blindfold on moving forward, Roy.
Speaker 13: It's still my favorite thing to get there from this day, so.
Speaker 1: They must be delicious. What's your name, Maria, Maria, thanks for calling.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Here's a text we got.
Speaker 1: I work at a cafe and someone claimed they found a tooth in their sandwich, a tooth. They made a huge scene, so we refunded them. The next day they came back. It was their tooth and they asked if we still had it, because it'd be cheaper to get it back than to get a fake one. People are crazy, lol.
Speaker 4: Anyone listening who on KATIEWB.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. Listen our body Max, Who's who's joined us for many weeks around this time to play radios categories.
Speaker 4: He has a full time job. Now we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 1: But I also was like, that doesn't mean you get out of doing this free gig on the side, like crow.
Speaker 2: Up, not at all.
Speaker 1: So Max is going to join us in about five minutes for radios Categories on kd WB Baling and Cult.
Speaker 4: On one on one point three KDWB you know he had made a big announcement.
Speaker 1: No, I've got a full time job over a Fox and like, first of all, uh copier, okay, because I've been a Fox. Yeah, I was at iHeart first. Guess who came along Max went to Fox. Guess who followed, just following.
Speaker 2: In the footsteps of my idol in here?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I will keep that in mind when I'm grading you in Cult here at a second for radios category, we did beg that you would not forget the small people, So thank you for joining us. We give you ten categories you have to answer in sixty seconds. And uh, I'm actually gonna have Max go first today, So Cult, get on out here, get out Let me get the timer up.
Speaker 4: Okay, Max, your letter is l L l l L.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get your actual categories up here.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know how easy this is going to be. I had chat gb T help me. Okay, pull the tongue back a little bit, all right, on your time starts now.
Speaker 7: Breakfast foods, blazagna, words ending in I n G, listening words with double letters, video.
Speaker 3: Games, leisure suit Larry that's a real game.
Speaker 1: Boys from childhood ice cream flavors. Okay, ice cream flavors.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 3: L late late cha?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Late adult.
Speaker 14: Nice try lagoons Award shows, award shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lifetime a Lifetime Achievement award.
Speaker 1: Okay, types of pasta is not easy. Comedy movies, Ooh, he's been too tough. Wiggling your time all right, round one. Yeah, we'll see how Cult does on Katie w B Round radios. Categories Max not feeling confident going in feeling very confident.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking I should have I should have big time y'all, and just stuck with the TV thing not come back. Had you guys talk to my agent?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Me be good for my image to be back on the fall and.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know, I was like, you have your agent commonplace? Category are actually not Max. I'm just an embossed that Max sank.
Speaker 1: Celebrities when they're first starting out. They just changed their voice. Hold on the beach. You'll put you on my assistant. It's just you changing your voice. That's your agent, Charles. Okay, Well, uh, I will tell you that Max got a little cocky with the letter and he was getting a little what you might understand the letter was a little he gotta grass, that is all saying. All right, your letter today is l much. I think that's what happened to him. So, oh my, what a gift. Your time starts now.
Speaker 3: Breakfast foods, breakfast foods. I don't hold on stop lithuenea.
Speaker 2: Let's not let's do uh.
Speaker 4: Words ending in iron.
Speaker 2: G iron g O, lightning, the.
Speaker 1: Words with double letters, lyddy bit games.
Speaker 2: Video games, lightning, McQueen. Hold on, wait, that's not true, right, and I'll get gone toys from childhood and toys from childhood.
Speaker 4: Lizards, ice cream, flavors, ice.
Speaker 2: Cream, let's see licorice high Award shows, what award shows? Award shows? Dude, is there even litanus tests? Wait?
Speaker 1: No scar of pasta?
Speaker 2: Types of pasta? That's not apostas comedy movies, comedy movies.
Speaker 14: Listen almost of comedy like mass is exactly every single one.
Speaker 1: And even the answers you got answered were so pass question one breakfast food Max had. I don't want to give it literally because it's so sad.
Speaker 4: You had nothing words inting an I n G.
Speaker 1: Max had listening cold had lightning, Yeah, words with double letters.
Speaker 4: Max had Lama.
Speaker 1: Yes, Cold had Lytty, sure video games.
Speaker 7: Max had uh Leisure Larry, I don't know what its.
Speaker 1: Cold had Lightning the Queen. No toys from childhood. Max had legos.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so much better than.
Speaker 1: Cold had lizards, Okay, ice cream flavors. Max had legoons. No, Yes, award shows. Max had lifetime achievement.
Speaker 4: That's like an award.
Speaker 1: You didn't even have one types of Bosta. I'm giving you asign because it's and we.
Speaker 5: Never hate that.
Speaker 1: What No, I'm saving them for future to be able.
Speaker 2: To get it though. Give us just one, just one, just fine.
Speaker 1: Well, I gave you comedy movies and you both need to.
Speaker 5: Be the last one that was.
Speaker 1: No, there were two. You go on, what's the comedy movie?
Speaker 4: It starts with l U two.
Speaker 2: Los Vegas, Living, Living, Living, Large Living.
Speaker 1: Living the Vita Magi one two three four five six to Colts one two three four five.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. You still got six loss too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, congrat Why worst round ever still beat Cult?
Speaker 2: The tallest man in the Short Man.
Speaker 4: Katie w b Okay, Cult is being so crazy right now? Bless you excuse me, I feel it.
Speaker 1: Target has a limited time collection with Kate Spade dropping Saturday.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I know that there are a lot of people who are like boycotting Target right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, everywhere. It's like every comment. You can be watching a video about someone skiing and they're like boycott Target.
Speaker 1: Right So I don't know if Kate Spade will help Target or not, but that's something that they're doing. Also, how cute is this a big Mama in two cubs? There's not me. I'm not big Mama was spotted into luth Listen. I'm not gonna do a lot of local news like that, but I do love a little bay Bears situation.
Speaker 2: So cute, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of the skinny discount? Now, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I would not receive any form of discount at this restaurant in Thailand, and it's causing quite the social media stirp. I saw this and it did make me laugh because it's ridiculous. Imagine like a gate, a gate like door. How it has the little bars kind of like a prison cell, right, So they have one of these at this restaurant and each one is a little bit smaller for more percentage off of your food, so you basically the thinnest people can get twenty percent off and then the thickest people get zero percent off. You can literally prove you can fit your body through the bars to get your corresponding discount.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not saying it's right, but if it's like a buffet style, I could see.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what kind of restaurant it is, but Michael think it's pretty funny. A lot of people think it's obviously fat shaming. I'm like, if that was in America, that would be shut down so fast.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pocket I definitely get stuck because I would be overly confident I would get squeezed in there.
Speaker 3: Something I'd have to call the fire department and the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It would be your head too.
Speaker 1: You would be so dumb you would stick your head through first and ahad, yep, do you know that? I had my husband, who I find to be one of the most intelligent people I know, did the dumbest thing I've ever experienced at the airport, and I'm gonna I'm gonna say it with a lack of sleep. I got those little chocolate covered fruits. They're called true or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think chocolate.
Speaker 4: Cover strawberries, small bag.
Speaker 1: He sticks his hand in to grab two, and he can't get his hand out of the back and he just starts with the bag attached to his hands, shaking it. And I was like, let go with the berries, lift the bag up and pour two in your hand. What is happening here? So stupid?
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm embarrassed to know you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in defensive day dreamy, does your mind often wonder? Oh, dude, you do it during our conversations half the time. Yeah, it turns out it's a good thing. I mean not for your work balance, I don't think with me, but in other situations it's really good. Basically, it's like your brain goes into a many offline mode like sleep, helping you learn without even trying. So next time you catch yourself drifting off during a boring meeting or when I'm talking cult, embrace it.
Speaker 4: Your brain is hard at work.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was just mean disassociating and not really connecting or leaving like an impactful mark on earth, and just.
Speaker 4: Like, well, there is some of that too.
Speaker 1: I think there's like a combination of those things, which is great, that is your trending by the way, good news. Yeah, we have tickets, a four pack of tickets to see the Twins this Sunday, and it's extra cool.
Speaker 4: We share this on our stories.
Speaker 1: But they're unveiling the Joe Mauer statue, so now you can get your picture with not just the glove. But it's gonna be really cool. You're gonna be want of the first to see it when you get the four pack of tickets in our after school pop quiz that comes up in five minutes on katiewb.
Speaker 4: This is so cool.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Twins have hooked us up not only with a discount code fallon twenty five you get twenty five percent off your single game tickets, but also with a family four pack.
Speaker 4: Or does that have to be your family?
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to leave the kids at home and you're like, I want to do like a double date night, or I want to take my parents do something.
Speaker 4: It's your decision, baby girl.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you a four pack of tickets to the Minnesota Twins game this Sunday, April thirteenth, And it's really cool because this weekend they're debuting and unveiling the new Joe Mauer statue, so you'll be one of the first people to check it out. You just call right now six, five, one, nine, eight nine KATIEWB and you answer some trivia.
Speaker 4: If you get the most correct, you win.
Speaker 1: And the craziest part about this is it usually takes about ten seconds. Honestly. Someone usually wins very very quickly. Hi, katyw B.
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 10: Julia?
Speaker 1: Julia, you are competitor number one. Hold on, Hi, what is your name? Hello, katiew B.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh, Julia, they're scared of you. Hi, KATYWB. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: Phones are just sick today.
Speaker 1: Call you asked?
Speaker 2: Maybe all different?
Speaker 3: Hello, katww who is this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: This is Claire Trivia.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Claire. All right, Claire Julie just hung up on us a lunch. Okay, so we have Claire on the phone. And then what's your name?
Speaker 1: I'm Glynn? Okay, Claire and Lynn, all right, here we go. You know it took a minute, but we got there.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to ask you some trivia Claire and Lynn. If you know the answer, you ring in with your name, and whoever.
Speaker 4: Gets the most correct wins. It's a quick game.
Speaker 1: Usually it's like whoever gets the best two out of three?
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 8: Ready?
Speaker 4: All right? Question number one?
Speaker 1: Which Cereal company owns fruit loops?
Speaker 8: Where?
Speaker 1: Lynn?
Speaker 4: All right? Good job Lynn?
Speaker 1: Question number two, how many tires does the typical semi truck have while carrying a standard trailer? That's Claire at the eight wheeler girl? Oh my god, this is a tie game. Question number three which restaurant? Of course cult wrote this one? Which restaurant uses an owl as their theme?
Speaker 4: Think about it? An owl? What's the owl?
Speaker 1: Say? Oh Cla, Claire?
Speaker 13: I hooter Hooters.
Speaker 1: That's good sportsmanship. Lynn.
Speaker 4: You can play again tomorrow. We have these all week.
Speaker 1: Claire, congratulations, you got a four pack of tickets to the Twins game on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Thanks for playing.
Speaker 2: Jesus, this is one on one point three.
Speaker 3: Maybe that would be with Balon and Colts.
Speaker 2: Bees. Bees. We all know bees are important.
Speaker 4: You know it's bee keeper for two years, right?
Speaker 2: And I want to run this by you because, dude, I learned some bee facts today. Blew my mind?
Speaker 1: Is it so annoying that I find any like how you try to work into any conversation that you took a run today.
Speaker 4: I try to work in any conversation. I was a beekeeper for two years.
Speaker 3: No, because beekeeping is bad ours, dude, it is so cool.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, what did you stop? I'm like, because I lived in Minneapolis. My neighbor was like, you have to stop keeping bees?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you know these yellow jackets?
Speaker 1: These who you little do you, as the youth would say, do.
Speaker 2: They come in and they try to infiltrate because shocker yellowjackets, those little wasps, Dude, they're meat eaters. Did you know that? No?
Speaker 4: But I know that they're they're thieves.
Speaker 2: And they come in and they try to eat the honey because they're low on food, especially towards the end of summer. So this it.
Speaker 1: I have a video of my bees killing a yellow jacket.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna ask you, murder because I just found out. Let's say, a yellow jacket comes in right, tries to steal the honey.
Speaker 4: Not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: These bees circle it, yeah, and they start fluttering super quickly and they build up enough heat, yeah, to just murder the yellow jacket in the air.
Speaker 3: It just drops because it's overheats.
Speaker 1: Then they carry his little bee word ass out and they drop it into the grass.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? And then check this out? Yeah, so the queen bee.
Speaker 3: You learn that day.
Speaker 1: Not really, I knew that part.
Speaker 2: Go on everybody.
Speaker 3: It's just weird that everybody in the bee ecosystem they.
Speaker 2: Just know their role. Like the the queen bee, towards the end of the summ she'll just be like, hey, yeah, I don't need you anymore, and they'll just kick out the male bee. If they don't need they're like, yeah, thanks for the extra.
Speaker 4: Mouths to get out here.
Speaker 1: Drones don't do anything to contribute to the hive, collecting honey, collecting pollen, building the cells all. They literally fly up in the air mate with the bee. They rip the ones that like don't do any work. Yeah, they kick them out because they're extra mouths to feed through the winter.
Speaker 4: They don't need them. They're not providing anything.
Speaker 3: And sometimes the queen bee will just be like, yeah, I guess you could hang around.
Speaker 2: Like if I want to hook up with you, like sure, but then we'll figure it out later. If I don't need you, then I'm out. And if the queen bee is cool enough, they want because at some point they need a new queen bee. But if the queen bee is chill enough, cool enough, she'll just kind of be able to stay. But if she's kind of like, you know, the worst of the queen bee off right in the end. Here's the thing. They have guards, like security guards who like guard the hops. And then they have little things sweepers they call them, that just coming to the like clean. Everything is so sophisticated.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like how it's hard to believe that people built the pyramids before they had certain tools.
Speaker 4: It's like, how are the cells.
Speaker 1: Holding your larvae and your honey so perfect? You don't have protractors bees, and you don't have rulers.
Speaker 4: How are you doing this? It's witchcraft?
Speaker 2: And do you think that bees have feelings because I started thinking about this or do you think.
Speaker 3: They just know they're there their work?
Speaker 2: They have work to do, so they're just they're so hyper folks on the work. But it's like that, do you think they're like, oh, man, that the queen bee is gonna kick me out today?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not trying mean, but the dudes are probably just so arrogant they're like, good, couldn't do without meat. Boom easily live without them, and they have no idea it's coming does. I just feel like I feel the drones are filled with arrogance.
Speaker 2: I feel like the drones are a little like Jim Bros.
Speaker 4: They're a little too comfy.
Speaker 1: They're basically moved back in with Mommy and they're living in her basement. They're like probably saying some rude things online to some of the worker bees.
Speaker 2: Dude, and you know one hundred percent Chaz, he's pocketed some of his own honey and he's like and they're like yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like, we did an inventory and we're missing a large amount of honey.
Speaker 4: Empty or empty your sack?
Speaker 2: Where's chess again? Oh my god, he's drinking a monster energy not just I don't know. It blew my mind though, And I think I want to be a bee keeper, but I need your help.
Speaker 4: Lois Park is not happening for you either.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Here's an idea. You move out, get a piece of land, o.
Speaker 2: Spendcy I don't know, maybe I could move into like a Motel six or something.
Speaker 1: I don't I bet the Motel six is seeing crazier things than someone put a couple of beyond true talks. Right, all right, all right, Ted is back. Baby. He claims that this is like maybe one of the best Ted talks of all time. No pressure, Ted, Now.
Speaker 10: I really am hyping this one up.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 10: I want to know about a time where you were super uncomfortable at a new girlfriend's place or boyfriend's place.
Speaker 2: Ooh, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I thought this is gonna be hard for Colts because he's only had a couple of girlfriends.
Speaker 2: I've dude. In high school, I was I was getting around.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Have I have two things. One my girl, Why did you do it? I brought rest at me at my girlfriend's house in high school, not my wife. We were upstairs. All of a sudden, there's like a tumultuous like commotion. We go downstairs. Her stepmom and her dad were arguing because of he was he had a lot of like infidelity stuff and apparently he got another woman pregnant. And I was in the living room as they're just screaming at each other, and like the little kids start coming out of the rooms, and we were like, it's okay, your mom and dad are just pretending. Well, yeah, and I was sixteen at the time, sixty seventeen, so it was like, dude, just so awkward for me. Then you have like no emotional intelligence basically you don't need I mean, you don't know what's going on. So yeah, very awkward. Secondly, my wife's father was a pilot for Delta. First time I met him, she told me that he likes to go by captain can show up. I say, hey, my name's Colt's good to meet you. How are you doing captain? Immediately he was like, why would you call me that. I was like set up? Yeah, I was like, no, you're yeah, Like I don't know. I just thought I just thought I should call you like captain. And he's like no, and I was like, oh, this is so weird. I just blushed immediately. All Right, I don't know if this is a setup. But when I went to visit my college girlfriend, yeah, for the first time in Kansas City. We went to our parents' house in Kansas City. Set the scene. It's a Saturday morning, it's super nice out. It's like eleven am. I'm making a peanut butter and jelly sam at a great time. I'm like twenty one years old, I'm super young. Her dad walks into the kitchen. He goes, hey, Ted, do you know how use a shovel? And I'm like, yeah, I know how to use a shovel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He goes, great, I shot a squirrel this morning. It's in the backyard. I need you to bury it for me, all right. I just start like awkwardly laughing, like he can't be serious right now. He escorts me out to the backyard where there is a dead squirrel next to this tree. He watched me bury it before I could come back inside.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a cult. I'm dead serious. This is a true story.
Speaker 4: This is like a power move. This is psychotic.
Speaker 3: And I didn't want to be a little woos Yeah, so I did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He is an absolute psycho. Yeah, and I am so thrilled. I'm not in that relationship or married into that family.
Speaker 1: No kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: I told my mom about it, like years and years later, and she was mortified that that happened.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's awful.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. This is like, actually, this is like.
Speaker 4: This is a good one. I'm curious if you've had.
Speaker 1: An awkward moment, it could be anything, because first of all, three of those are very different examples. I'm very good an awkward moment. It's like a boyfriend or girlfriend's house. You can text us five three nine two one or KATWB one, or you can call six five.
Speaker 4: One nine eight nine katiew B. Thank you Ted for the techhob welcome.
Speaker 2: Just walk up from my dream.
Speaker 5: You wata sit it out?
Speaker 4: All right, it's time.
Speaker 1: It's time for us to get to Kender klamar And says the tickets.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Okay, you walk into US Banks Stadium. First of all, hope you brought a clear purse or a small one because they always have rules. Don't want you to have to walk back to your car. Let's not focus on that situation.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: You walk in and you're like, all right, this is awesome. You're chilling, your chilling, chilling. He goes, Okay, I'm hungry. I'm gonna go get a hot dog. And you start hearing, you start hearing a song and you're like, wait, wait is that what I think it is? Oh my god, you gotta get the hot dog. I gotta get out of here, get back to my seat. You're gonna play a clip of the song cult. But that is I mean, my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's frozen. It's it's not my fault.
Speaker 1: I seen dead people, but I forgot the wrong one, the wrong one.
Speaker 4: I imagine it would be a Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: You know, in a more professional show, what they would have played a clip of a Kendricklamar song there, or a song. But yeah, you do know what you you've tuned in for. And that's not even why you're here. You're here, Oh my god, when it's happening. Competition Rock paper Scissor. It's the game six five, one, nine, eight nine.
Speaker 4: Katie w B? Are you playing or I'm gonna play to day you played yesterday?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Hi, Katy w B. What's your name?
Speaker 2: Courtney?
Speaker 4: Courtney?
Speaker 1: You trying to win these Kendrick and Scissa tickets? Or were you calling for the Cotton Eye Joe tickets?
Speaker 8: Uh? Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Okay, good god, we cleared that up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play a little game of rock Paper scissor.
Speaker 2: Cult.
Speaker 4: Please explain how the game will work.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say rock paper scissor, and as soon as I say shoot, you yell out which one you're gonna choose. Okay, Okay, So if you're like I'm going with rock, you say, shoot.
Speaker 4: You have to beat me. You have to beat me or paper.
Speaker 2: And then whoever, obviously you know how the game works. Whoever wins wins, and then if you lose Courtney, we move on to the next person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a one and done situation.
Speaker 4: I know it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Rock paper scissors Shoot rock ooh fell and got you?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Gordon, I actually don't like being in this seat possibly beating people.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's Katie to be what's your name?
Speaker 9: Hi, my name is Heather.
Speaker 2: Heather.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play rock paper scissors.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 3: When I say shoot, you yell out what you choose.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so good, all right we go Rock paper scissors, Shoot, rock.
Speaker 9: Paper got it?
Speaker 1: Congratulations you got Kender Clamar and sciss the tickets. You're so welcome. You've been trying for a little bit.
Speaker 8: I have. I've been trying for weeks to feel like.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, congratulations we got those for you. And just a heads up, we are going to be given away Kendrick Lamar and Sissit tickets next week. It's your last week to win. These, by the way, and once again, we're gonna have your chance every thirty minutes here on KATIEWB, So could I have them tomorrow and Friday as well in the afternoon show and then next week all week every thirty minutes on kd WB, it's the pop Culture Minute with Felon and.
Speaker 2: Cult on one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you that I've said it time and time again. I love when there's drama that does not involve me or anyone in my life, and that is currently what is going on with the cast of the new season of The White Lotus. Let me explain every interview you've probably seen, they're just going on and on about how much they love each other. They're best friends, and that was the case for most, including the couple who play Rick and Chelsea, better known as Walton Goggins and Amy lou What they said endless great things about their experience together. And then all of a sudden, people started noticing something strange, so they did their posts after the finale air. The post was like, you know, looking back, this was amazing, da da da, loving the characters, but they noticed neither one tagged each other, which was so out of character. Then they were like, wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, they've stopped following each other.
Speaker 1: That's so weird, And I know this sounds so immature, like adults. Oh my god, then followed each other. Yeah, but that is very telling on where relationship stands. Oddly enough, then people noticed all of her comments were gone from his post, but his still appear on hers. Why would that happen unless he also blocked her. If you block someone or removes all of their previous comments and posts on your posts, so what happened?
Speaker 2: He seems very unproblematic, That's what I've seen, and she kind of does too, so I don't know. Maybe I think it's for the views. I think the views were down.
Speaker 4: No, they weren't.
Speaker 1: They had the post views of any season of Whitelatus. Ever, so bizarre to say that all the cast members, they did say they got paid the same amount, no matter what their experience was. Every cast member got the same. It was forty thousand dollars per episode, which I think of a mathing, right, which I never am. It's close to like three hundred and twenty thousand dollars they each got total.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, I just.
Speaker 1: Saw by the way Coffee Mate released like a Pina Colada creamer, which goes perfectly with the show.
Speaker 4: If you know, you know, so it's something funny to check out.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber posting a left and right online that he needs to work on his anger management, and then he went off on paparazzi again, yelling you're all money grubbing a holes. He went off on him for about thirty seconds, saying that they're just trying to make a quick buck off of him. They didn't say anything other than good morning, and that's what triggered his rant. But I get it. I mean you might be like, oh, they just said good morning. Yeah, but they're just people swarming him, and right now they're probably swarming him in extra hot because they really are vultures and they are waiting for something bad to happen, because he's kind of having a moment where it seems like he's spiraling and he's not doing well. Whether that's mentally, whether there's any type of substances, I don't want to speculate. He claims that that's not happening, but it's almost like they're vulturing around him waiting to catch something bad that happens and they got exactly what they wanted today by him like going off on him.
Speaker 2: It feels like he seems like his own compound, Like he could to be just put like a coffee shop on his property and just have like.
Speaker 1: Interesting I know, but it's just like you don't want to go that would.
Speaker 3: Move somewhere or like but you don't want to have to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but especially the whole compound one, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's got to like let go of the dream of them not annoying him where it's going to be like a thing forever.
Speaker 1: Britney Spears has broken up with her boyfriend for a second time, which anyone that follows that storyline, Uh, he is shady, shady shady, so not that surprising. And let's see, trying to think if there's anything else I want to tell you about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, miss Rachel she's back.
Speaker 1: Everyone was like, uh, hello, miss Rachel, where did you go? Because she basically has been absent from her YouTube channel and Netflix. And she came back and revealed on Tuesday that she welcomed a sweet baby Susannah into the world vias surrogate. So congratulations to her and her husband. One more thing, how would you feel if your dad was Bill Gates and he said that his children will only inherit one.
Speaker 4: Percent of his estate? How would you feel if you were Bill Gates child?
Speaker 3: I feel like I would still be falling. So what else?
Speaker 1: Just so you know, that is one point five billion split between his three children.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's all right because he's.
Speaker 1: Worth one hundred and forty seven billions, so I think that'll be okay.
Speaker 3: Way to be mad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously one on one point three katiewb with Fallon and Cold. I saw this the other day and it made me laugh and it was like, what are like just amazing songs that aren't real songs? These are like songs where they are like fake bands on TV or movies, you know, And it immediately made me think of obviously, Lizzie McGuire, this is what dreams I made up?
Speaker 4: Hey now hey, now no one asked for it.
Speaker 1: So I posted this on Instagram and I was like, hey, what are the best song songs that are not real? And here are some of the responses we got, and I immediately loved them. This one came from Tom That Thing you Do by the Wonders.
Speaker 4: Now, this was a movie.
Speaker 1: It was Tom Hanks and the movie is so good, and this was the banger song.
Speaker 2: So every time.
Speaker 1: S sure, oh we're done, Okay, someone from the name Jen Jennifer. Do you know what Jennifer Jennifer? Oh, this is your wife. As it turns out, she popped in this one. Bet on it from High School Musical two.
Speaker 2: Sound such a Troy Bolting kick.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stop that, you can't.
Speaker 3: It's kind of nice because my wife did end up with the Troy Boltsen.
Speaker 1: So what happened when they split up and she got with you?
Speaker 2: I had the hairstyle and that's all cast it.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you didn't have the balling skills? Listen, did you have the bod the jawline?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even though he did something in his jaw, he's still better than mine too.
Speaker 3: So it's like, so what did you have?
Speaker 4: Just the hair?
Speaker 2: Just the hair?
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, these are songs that were bangers.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: This one is a lot of people actually submitted one from The Fairly Odd Parents, which I did not watch that cartoon shot down?
Speaker 5: Should I not? Ada?
Speaker 1: I'm good about that one, guys, but I'm glad that you brought you joy that the Goofy movie had maybe the best soundtrack, so Sick power Line killed it.
Speaker 15: I know, well the first time.
Speaker 12: Okay, you always stop it when I'm starting My best note there was which By the way, Black Mirror is coming back, and I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 1: It was gone for so long and Jake and I were like, they have so much material to use in the past.
Speaker 4: Couple of years for Black Mirror.
Speaker 1: But in the last season of it, Miley Cyrus played a character named Ashley O who was a pop star, and she sang a song called on a Roll Do It.
Speaker 15: None Son.
Speaker 4: Miley Cyrus can sing anything and it sounds good.
Speaker 1: The one you just played was submitted quite a few times. A little bit of lexis from s Creek do It.
Speaker 16: I'm al Andreghini, I'm a Hollywood star, I'm a little bit tipsy when he drives my car, I'm expensive sushi, I'm shot, I'm a little bit single.
Speaker 1: Even when I'm not. And one that we got over and over again, especially with the new sequel coming out soon. These are, by the way, banger songs that were not real songs, so they're like from TV shows or movies.
Speaker 4: A lot of people submitted.
Speaker 1: Take me away from Freaky Friday, and they wrote leel Forever. Here's the clips and I did see in the preview she is rocking the guitar again. So the band days come back for the Freaky Friday sequel. Thanks for everyone who submitted those. We're gonna come back. Someone has a problem with the job promotion, We're going to talk to them in five minutes.
Speaker 2: If this worldmen.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. We don't talk about this a ton, but we have a talkback feature where you can if you're listening on the iHeart radio app, which so many people do, you can record a message to us. There's literally a record button and you just start talking and we get to hear it, and occasionally we go through. Honestly, we should probably go through more than we do to see you know what your comments are. But we had one that was actually kind of a question that was left to us. I don't maybe a thousand percent honest with you, I have not heard it, but Colt you were like, it's a pretty good question.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what I would do in this situation. Well, I feel like I know what I would do but okay, see what you would do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm curious and maybe listen and see if you have you know what you would do.
Speaker 9: So I guess my question is am I in the wrong. My company is in the middle of downtizing and I was offered something that was kind of interesting. I'm not sure why this makes sense or who had this idea. It was probably some middle management person who is making way more but way less. Anyway, there is one person in my company who has my title. There's one other person who has my title, and I would have given the choice between two things.
Speaker 5: Both of us.
Speaker 9: Could stay on the team, but I would have to take.
Speaker 6: A seven percent pay cut, or I could get a promotion, absorb their responsibilities and get a thirty percent pay raise. I chose the second option, and uh, you know, the thirty percent bump and pay and turn someone someone lost their job.
Speaker 9: And I feel like a selfish piece for the choice I made. And I guess, is there anyone anyone out there who would have done the same? Am I?
Speaker 2: The only jerk?
Speaker 8: Is what I'm getting at?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, First of all, the company sucks for telling you that information and making you make that decision. I would be questioning working for a company like that anyway, like what's next?
Speaker 4: Or going to do it?
Speaker 2: To you? That's so sketchy? He would have said no, would they have gone to the other person.
Speaker 1: There's a phrase called ignorance is bliss for a reason. So now this person has extra work and more pay. Sure, but they also have like they feel like crap about it. Obviously that other person they felt they could just get rid of them and to be fine. Right, but why would you tell you're what's so sketchy?
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 4: What would you have done? Be honest?
Speaker 1: Rich Our boss calls you in, you have to think about your family. I'm not going to be mad at your answer. And they say that we'll give you a thirty percent raise if you get rid of Fallon and you absorb her work, and you're like, I already absorb all of her work.
Speaker 2: Probably, Well, it's weird because it's like I would have to switch it to like an office job.
Speaker 1: Answer the question, Oh you're saying because this is a two person show. Yeah, you actually have your entire career going a show by yourself and lame, and I would just I want to be fulfilling.
Speaker 2: Wooo.
Speaker 4: Pick one, Pick one, pick one.
Speaker 2: If I was in an office, one hundred percent, I would just absorb whoever.
Speaker 3: Bro it was me when it comes to this show, what about All Live?
Speaker 4: What about your daughter's best friend?
Speaker 2: All Live?
Speaker 11: We can.
Speaker 1: We can't afford guests.
Speaker 2: Now if it was the show, No, But I feel like if there was, I guess if there was no adjustment adjustment pay, like if it wasn't like a seven percent decrease, but it's like, dude, stuff is getting even more. That's true.
Speaker 1: It was like seven percent decrease is a big, big thing.
Speaker 2: And I also think if I might have would be like if I say no, what do they offer the other person the same thing?
Speaker 3: And then they say yes?
Speaker 4: And then I'm just there?
Speaker 2: So I think I would do it.
Speaker 4: You would out the other.
Speaker 3: Person thirty percent? I think I will.
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 1: Think about where you work? And this doesn't count if you hate your coworker, by the way, because you've been trying to find reasons to get rid of them. Anyway, Let's say you like your coworker or they're your work wife, work husband, you love them, would you take a seven percent decrease in pay so you both could keep your job, or would you take that thirty percent pay raise and you know that other person is losing their as you can text in five three nine two one katiewb. One, you can of course call six five one nine eight nine KATIEWB. You're right with like this show no chance? Yeah, if it was a show where there were like four or five people, maybe I don't know, Me non't know, but I would.
Speaker 4: Need at least one other person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in an office setting, I don't know, it's best m one on one point three KATIEWB with Falon and Cult. Someone left us a talk back with a question. Their company came to him and said, hey, we'll give you a seven percent pay decrease.
Speaker 4: To basically keep your coworker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're or we'll give you a thirty percent pay increase if you absorb all of this person's work, knowing they're going to let that person go.
Speaker 4: He took the pay increase. They let the person go.
Speaker 1: He's been feeling guilty and what kind of We're just going back and forth on what would we do would we feel guilty about it? And getting your opinion on it, So which one would you choose?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think most people would probably do that, and so I don't think the guys should feel bad for it because it's not on you.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 10: It's like you were given an option to.
Speaker 16: Save yourself, you know, I think most of us would.
Speaker 2: Choose that, you know, to take the pay raise because.
Speaker 14: And most people think about themself.
Speaker 4: First, that's the truth.
Speaker 1: And you any how, you should you should think about your family first, have to.
Speaker 2: And how long are they going to be able to sustain both and them? Like maybe in a year it'll be like someone gets fired. Anyways, I think he had made.
Speaker 15: A good point.
Speaker 10: I would be worried as him as.
Speaker 2: End point anyway that he might be outing too.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, you're getting more money now, now, would you go on Instagram and flax on everybody like thirty percent increase LUs, God just got these new nikes or.
Speaker 2: Whatever, exactly reap the benefit as well.
Speaker 11: Left.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, you turned up then? Okay, cool, Well, appreciate you for the call, Hi, Katie WB.
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 11: I would take the pay hiked also pretty much kind of did that a job that I'm at now. I went in and complained and said that I could go somewhere else for more money. So they offered me more money. And I've only been at the company five years versus the people who've been there for like twenty plus years.
Speaker 1: Oh well, they got to go in the boss's office and have the the you know what's to do?
Speaker 4: What you did then?
Speaker 11: Yep, and there's a lay off getting ready to come, and I won't be the one being laid off.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, that's love's all you will laugh there, Yep.
Speaker 3: Congrat Yeah, I know that's good.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Hi, which what would you do?
Speaker 11: I would take the decrease.
Speaker 1: Oh you're lazy.
Speaker 4: Oh I wouldn't want to work that much.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm dunk in one hundred dollars to get what ninety three dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Take the decrease.
Speaker 2: I love my co that's a good angle.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. Thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 8: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Glad you had it all figured out.
Speaker 1: Now everyone on text, every single person except one, So they would take the pay raise, of course you would.
Speaker 2: And you know what else you should take? You should take one thousand pennies.
Speaker 1: Ooh, your chance to play the one K wordplay and wins hot cash.
Speaker 4: Right now, you can call us six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B.
Speaker 1: One on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and cult and what's your name?
Speaker 8: Mariah?
Speaker 4: I'm Mariah. How are you this afternoon?
Speaker 1: I'm good, good, Thanks you trying to win a thousand pennies of course? All right, Mariah? So how the game works? As you know the one K wordplay. You have to choose either me, Fallon or Colt to try to match four words with. Who are you hoping to match words with?
Speaker 11: Today? Okay?
Speaker 4: This is two days in a row.
Speaker 1: He is on by yeah, except he did not win yesterday, so on fire is a questionable statement.
Speaker 4: All right, Mariah.
Speaker 1: As soon as the door closes, your first word is road r O A D. All right.
Speaker 4: Your next word is cheetah.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 1: Cheetah? Cheetah like uh the cat?
Speaker 11: Oh? Uh?
Speaker 8: Bath?
Speaker 4: You said what bath?
Speaker 1: Are we? Are you hearing me?
Speaker 4: Right? C H E E T.
Speaker 8: A h yeah, like they run bath.
Speaker 4: I think you said bath?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Okay, fast, we are mishearing each other left and right.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, your next word is I know. Your next word is potty?
Speaker 1: Sorry, what was it? Potty?
Speaker 4: P o T t y.
Speaker 1: Porda all right, and your last word is smile white all right, calt.
Speaker 4: We barely made it through.
Speaker 1: She could not hear any word I said, and then when she would answer, I couldn't understand what she was saying. So ink I got it all though. I think we figured it out together.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: And she also said that she's happy she did not partner because of it. All right.
Speaker 4: Your first word is road?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: R O A D.
Speaker 2: You said road?
Speaker 4: Not playing the game? Already been too much of it in this game.
Speaker 2: Road dang Okay, now I'm gonna say that road.
Speaker 3: Nope, what.
Speaker 1: Drive?
Speaker 5: Dang it?
Speaker 1: Oh that was a good one, but that's not Anymore's mind went for the first one.
Speaker 4: I know what you're going with.
Speaker 1: Cheetah cheetah print nope, fast, potty mouth nope, porta and smile frown nope, white, white like teeth. Okay with your choice to.
Speaker 5: Rough.
Speaker 1: Oh man, thanks for playing, Mariah, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Have a good afternoon.
Speaker 3: I fell asleep at seven pm last night. Sounds awesome. It was twenty one point three.
Speaker 2: KTEWW was found a cult until I woke about two am. Oh no, I was like, all right, I kind of already got a lot of sleep. So let me just scroll on my phone real quick. I don't have to worry about sleeping in whatever. So hold on, have you been up since two am? Let me just say this. At some point, I'm on TikTok. I got my airpodd in. At some point I look at the left, like upper left of my iPhone and it says like three fifty. So I was on TikTok for like two hours. I don't even know how it happened, but I'm like in and out and I just remember in the haze of tiktoks I watched at two am, there was one talking about gen Z.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I kind of I felt it. I haven't worked it out since the first time I thought about it am, so maybe it's dumb, but I just want to see if you think this is accurate. They say gen Z a lot of people hate on them, like they're lazy, they don't want to work, whatever. But they say they're built different and they have to be because the way the society works right now. They say, if you're a boss and you're yelling at gen Z, it does nothing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't phase them at all.
Speaker 2: In fact, they'll probably just quit and find a different job because for.
Speaker 3: Them, it's not about fear.
Speaker 2: They don't care about the fear because they've had fear everything. They've seen everything on social media. Yeah, violent thing they have to go through, you know, all these horrendous things, and it's so violatile, like there's no hope, really can't get a house, they have to go.
Speaker 4: With their parents forever.
Speaker 2: They have to take out like a nine percent interest on a car because that's what it is these days to get a car. So they're like, what they're looking for the most is just respect, and if you don't give them respect, then they're checked out.
Speaker 3: So they'll ride it up for people who they respect.
Speaker 2: But if you're just kind of like trying to enforce a rule, they're like, yeah, no, life is unfair already and I'm not about to just get yelled at for.
Speaker 1: A one night. My god, what's it like to live in a non fear based situation? I mean every day Colt and I are like Rich comes in work, who's fired? Is it us? And then we like point at each other, we panic and he's like, I was just gonna tell you guys, good job today. We're like, no, you nice a plan.
Speaker 2: We're always just so nervous. So that's what I don't gen z. They're saying bill different. At least that's what I got at two am. Oh my god, get sleep.
Speaker 1: Today's trending with Fellon and Colt on.
Speaker 2: One on one d w B.
Speaker 4: Check it out, check it out. Your daydreaming. It's totally okay, okay.
Speaker 1: They say that when you daydream it's like your brain going to a little many like offline mode, like sleep, and helps you learn without even trying. So next time you catch yourself drifting off during a boring, boring meeting or class, it's fine, your brain.
Speaker 4: I'm still hard at work. It's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good to lay back on because I feel like I do that a lot and I feel bad about it, and then I have to think, and then I'll start daydreaming about what I missed.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's like an inception almost. It's crazy cool many, I guess. Traditionally male dominated industries are starting to swing in the opposite direction. Now women are breaking the glass ceiling in the funeral business. More and more women are pursuing careers as funeral directors. In fact, in twenty twenty two, seventy seven percent of students graduating with a mortuary science degree where women.
Speaker 4: Many women working as.
Speaker 1: Funeral directors say families are comforted more by women because they are more compassionate and have traditionally been better caregivers. But just like any other industry that is attracting more women, female funeral directors must put up with some discrimination from people who doubt their ability. That's so, why would you doubt a woman's job to be a funeral director?
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I will say this been to you know, various funerals throughout my life, and it has been predominantly male funeral directors.
Speaker 4: But I will say I've.
Speaker 1: Never had an experience with a funeral director where they haven't been compassionate, like you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: I mean, that'd be pretty wild if you it would.
Speaker 1: Be, but you know, but this study is saying they they're more compassionate. And now I've never been so close where I had to do this sit down and pick out different things. You don't, I mean, go through that whole process, So maybe that experience would make them look less compassionate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does feel kind of weird. I remember when my grandmother died we were talking to like and there was like a she got cremated, So there was like an earned type of situation. And it did feel a little weird because the guy the only this is only like sit down experience at the guy was like, don't you think your your grandmother would have wanted this one? And it was like trying to upsell Yeah, yeah, yeah, relax.
Speaker 4: That I do believe they actually do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was chill one final thing because this made me think of you. You know how, there for while men thought that they could any man could just fly upon lane right like they're like I could land a plane. The newest one is guys are so confident they think they can do anything. There's a new poll from a British gambling site that one in fifty men believe they can outrun a champion racehorse, which, by the way, a racehorse just feeling forty miles per hour, that's correct, and even you, Saint Bolt was that like twenty seven miles per hour. But guys, horse we would head to head, I will say, so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They have to outlast it because the horse will eventually.
Speaker 4: That's your trending, Like you would to sad
Speaker 1: You just doubt the time died checked out, absolutely not