Speaker 1: Bang bang, Southern Fried Gang.
Speaker 2: All right, what is our sports fans?
Speaker 3: We are back and we are here for an episode of Fired Up being joined tonight. As as per usual, his normal co host duties is the man down the bottom, Southern Fried gentleman, mister J. D.
Speaker 2: Wide And we got we we got a new guy.
Speaker 3: We break it intnight, mister sir from Sideline Sports, Big Big Late Atlanta Sports content creator. Welcome to the show, Samir. How we feel in this this evening, My friend, I'm great man. There's always something to talk about in the sports world, plenty of stuff stuff to talk about, and uh, you know, I will mention I am rather excited for for UFC jiu Jitsu. As people who don't know and aren't the combat sports fan. Bella Mere won her her debut her daddy, Frank Mere, the former three time heavyweight champion, and uh she's looking to go into the Olympics. But that's not the top story of the day. As always, the NFL dominates the the airways and and and it came out today that former Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker has just been smacked with a ten game suspension, and uh, you know, they're gonna they're gonna hit him with the ten weeks personal conduct and we all know what the story is about. He's uh, it's basically a another version of of mister Deshaun Watson with the finding those little extra spose he probably shouldn't be in. But before we get to that, JD, you're faithful is not happy with us. We were a few minutes like getting started today.
Speaker 4: We were, and hey, ladies and gentlemen, listen, I think the element of surprise.
Speaker 1: Is vastly underrated. Guys. If you.
Speaker 4: Take out the element of surprise, you lose most of your advantage. It's a very simplistic coaching philosophy that I learned a long time ago. Sometimes it's good to do things when they don't expect them to be done. Or you know what, sometimes I'm gonna do exactly what you expect me to do, which is show up when we tell you we're gonna show up. So I am the Southern Fried gentleman. We've got some mir we've got great sports talk this evening. We've already started it off with Justin Tucker.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I guess uh, let's start over to me, what are your thoughts on this man, Like, obviously we knew once he was cut by the Ravens last year that he was gonna he was gonna be in some some stuff. He still has to go through his legal troubles. But was this kind of part for the course ten games suspension for Justin Tucker Samir.
Speaker 5: Oh, Yeah, my opinion, it was, and in my opinion has kind of been the precedent for how the league has handled these type of cases. Usually, anything that negatively affects the public image of the Shield, whether it be on or off the field, or can't potentially impact their bottom line, they will not hesitate to act on it, even in a case where a player may have not been criminally charged. For example, in this case Justin Sucker, Deshaun Watson had not been criminally charged in the past and still received the lengthy suspension. Ray Rice, I think the chargers in that case were dropped but and he initially received a slap on the risk, but after that video was released, he was ultimately suspended indefinitely and didn't play it down in the NFL again. However, I don't like the fact that it will take into effect in late August or regardless of whether he is on a team or not, which in my opinion, if he's not in a team, the games that he would end up missing should not count toward that suspension. J D.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, mister.
Speaker 4: Tucker, y'all, I can't believe this was all going on at the same time that the whole of Shawn Watson stuff was going on, like they were essentially happening almost per the timeline, like right there together. And y'all, if Deshaun Watson, if his career hadn't been derailed by injury, the ACL the achilles, all this stuff, plus the off field issues, we're talking about him being maybe a top ten quarterback in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: He was on the way up. We're talking about it, Jude, he.
Speaker 3: Was on the way up, but he was He's already sustained a couple of injuries at that point.
Speaker 4: Don too, right, Well, I just mean think back to Houston Texans leading the Chiefs twenty four to seven in the first round of the playoffs back I don't know four years ago or so, maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the exact time.
Speaker 5: It was a twenty nineteen I think, thank.
Speaker 1: You smear exactly That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: All of this stuff leads to great conversation for all of you people to listen to Cain Wrestling. Steven, appreciate you having me here. South Forward a Tribune. Thank you for having me here.
Speaker 1: Sameir.
Speaker 4: I love the hat man, love the hat. I'm so happy to have you here. But as I was saying, I just can't believe it was happening. At the same time, a lot of people are gonna say they came down harder on Deshaun Watson over Justin Tucker. I can already see that narrative being written in my mind.
Speaker 1: It's not my opinion these things like NFL players, bro be better. You want to know who else needs to be a better fans?
Speaker 4: That's the topic coming up later on the show, isn't it, Stephen, but just be better?
Speaker 3: But here's the like it's something mean Ben talk about all the time. Right listen, you're you're an athlete, no get you get some of the gets access to some of these ladies that not all all of us can't get access to it.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: But when you look at who are the best athletes in the world, what are they?
Speaker 2: What's the common denominator.
Speaker 3: They're married, they have a stable family life, they have kids. They they set the example because of that. Oh, he absolutely was a proven diddler. King, He's a proven diddler. He's not a diddy diddler, but he's a diddler.
Speaker 5: No, it's not proven. He hasn't been charged yet, but they are I think sixteen different accusations going back to twenty twelve, so when he first came to the league.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously nothing to the along the lines of how many people accused of Sean Watson, but he's not proven. But it's they wouldn't have suspended them unless that they felt that that there there was some vote politically to at least one of one of the sixteen claims that that that's why why more than likely was suspended.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but I know it was a different time then. I wanted to bring up that even though Ben Roethlisberger had a few accusations back in the day, he was only suspended I believe for was it five or six games, So he had accusations that at the time seemed a little more credible, but was suspended for a lesser or didn't or was suspended for a lesser amount of time. Accusations are not proof, Ravens are spyless and one thing that I wanted to get into. So they released Justin Sucker.
Speaker 3: But here was in the middle of a nasty slump, was he not?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean my opinion, I think that if he was kicking like Justin Sucker this past season, he'd still be there because remember now they drafted Mike Green, who had not one, but two sexual assault accusations, and I think it was part of the reason on why he had to transfer from Virginia to Marshall and why. And he was actually a first a potential first round talent. I know, he was one of the guys the Falcons are looking at at fifteen, so he was high on a lot of teams. Boards. He put on a show at the Senior Ball, and then the accusations came and the ended falling to Baltimore fifty six. So I mean a large I mean, for the most part, I believe that he was cut due to his performance and not because the accusations, because you can't cut Justin Sucker for that, But then you go around and draft Mike Green.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, Samara, I think it was it was probably the fact that it was looming and that he was struggling to the effect he was because remember about about a year and a half ago, Justin Tucker was the best kicker in football. I mean no, I mean now, I mean, if you look around the league, you would have to probably say, you know, we're gonna go in my backyard here, But Jake Elliott at this point in time, you could also make the argument that the kid from Dallas too, he's got a freaking leg on him. That that that that kid too. So you know, you have a couple of guys around here. So he's he's in, he's in a situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think I think it tells you the Ravens knew this was coming. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me. I mean because again it just it's just backwards, are not backwards. But it wouldn't make complete sense for you to release Justin Sucker because of the accusations but then spend a second round peak on a guy who had multiple accusations as well. So I think this was more performance based when talking about him being cut. But well, number one, number two. I also think the league or I also think that the Ravens knew that the league was going.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, they were going to have them, and they wanted to make sure they at least had had a calluity kicker on the roster. But I'm gonna say this, like, listen, accusation whatever I think the the Eagles front office gets on right, If you're accused of any type of you know, essay, you know, any any type of wrongful content towards a woman, you shouldn't even be looked at in this league.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it, we all deserve second changes. But there's some things. You it's a character thing that there's there's there's certain things about that that I just you know, I mean, it's one of those things you you can't you can't do anything to kind of undo that wrong.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Stephen, you say that, it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: And know what we're saying.
Speaker 4: Is is character is one of the dirty Sea words.
Speaker 1: On Southern Fried Sports.
Speaker 4: We continue to add to this list chemistry, culture, commitment, camaraderie, coaching, cash, complacency, confidence that they can all be dirty Sea words. And that is another one though that we add right here from Stephen on Southern Fried Sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but and I think the hard part about the whole thing is is and look, I mean, I think it's understandable to have or to if you're a front office or if you're a general manager that if you have accusations of essay or wrongful behavior towards the opposite gender, you know, that's a no brainer or that's a no go. But I mean there are cases where you have play or people that in the past, for example of Sean Oakman or of Brian Banks, who get wrongfully accused. And I'm not saying this is the case, but I want.
Speaker 3: To I won't say something to that fact, my friend, anyone, any woman who goes down and wrongfully accuse it, I think the absolute hammer should fall down, just like it does for the for the guilty parties that do actually evolve get themselves involved in in uh essay situation. So I'm gonna just put that out there. It doesn't happen enough in this world. There's no repercussions for for the these the the these women who prey on whoever it is, whether whether it be you know, you know they're they're ex there upset about or these people who go around and try to find ways to to him up professional athletes, like what we've seen what looks like what's happening to to uh, you know, Shannon Sharp. So it's like, listen, you have to be real careful, like because it is a it is a dicey situation.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, go ah, brother, I just had a name as well, Samir Braves fan here. I have been asking for them to sign Trevor Bauer for forever.
Speaker 2: My god, You're not the only one. I'm banging on that drum. I need to relieve in my bullpen.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: He was completely exonerated.
Speaker 3: This this is, this is a major league thing. I'll let you get in a second some here. This is this is just a major league thing. When they when they're wrong about something and they've already took a stance on it, they will stick their head in the freaking sand like nothing's going on. The fact that what just happened to Pete Rose is freaking disgusting.
Speaker 2: What you did. The Trevor Bauer is freaking disgusting.
Speaker 3: He's sitting there playing in Japan, he's playing in Mexico, he's playing anywhere he can play, still being a dog, still having his name name run down and being ignored by by Major League Baseball like he's some type of disease.
Speaker 2: Go ahead some here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, yeah, I have one of the braves to take a look at him for a while, but he's he's basically all but blackball for major League Baseball. It's yeah, if are the braves I would have had, I would have had taken a look at him. But it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, why we've seen people come back from I don't know. I'm pretty sure Stephen might have a clip of someone today, Michael Vick. It's his birthday. Sorry to segue that, but you know what, Steven, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: Mister v seven got to show him love regardless.
Speaker 1: Listen, but his situation, right, but hey, let me let me just tie it off.
Speaker 2: Let me tie it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh absolutely. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So if Trevor Bower can't make it back from false accusations and this person can make it back from real accusations like stuff that he did.
Speaker 1: Time's where where are we? What did he say? O?
Speaker 5: I think you're comparing apples to oranges, because these are two different leagues we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, at the same time, it's all about people. It's all about like.
Speaker 3: We already know, the NFL will shove anything under the rug as long as they can want to start seeping out, then they go with trust things. I've addressed the situation that's going on with the NFL right now that no one's talking about on the last two shows that I did.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting right well, and to me, I love that comment because it brings this question to my mind.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is what we do. I love it so in your opinion, though, why would they.
Speaker 3: Batteries don't run out, be digits never.
Speaker 4: Why why would they be treated differently? I mean, at the end of the day, we're talking about accusations made against someone. I mean, yes, some of them may be. I mean, like I said, they're all different. We've got Ray Rice, Deshaun Watson, Justin Tucker, all of these dudes, Trevor Bauer. They're all tied up in like sexual stuff and some of them.
Speaker 1: It was to make it back.
Speaker 2: It was domestic a soul. It wasn't yet.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean, though, What's going on.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, listen, listen. I don't know if you guys are prepared for this or not, but.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring it up.
Speaker 6: Anyways if people who don't know, is what's going on with the NFL that no one's talking about right now because everyone's scared of losing credentials and getting blackballed and stuff like this.
Speaker 3: The NFL was found to absolutely have colluded against the.
Speaker 2: NFL players by an arbitrator.
Speaker 3: The sect that three days answered to Sean Watson signed that ridiculous contract to.
Speaker 2: Not sign veterans to.
Speaker 3: Guaranteed contracts, which is freaking disgusting. You call the shield, you called all this other stuff, but you're colluding against your your your athletes. You only let it have medical insurance five years after they retire. You do all this other stuff that you know. I've been sinninger saying for a while that the guys should be getting guaranteed contract right, so you're gonna collude against players to not get it. And now we know why what happened with Lamar Jackson was happening because remember there were there was dicey there, like he didn't know if he was gonna stay in Baltimore or whatever. And it's really simple, now, ain't it, Because that he wasn't gonna get the guaranteed money if he hit the open market. It's really obvious now so and even more so, let's even double back even for it. It's absolutely clear now that the league, if they colluded to do this, they colluded they to blackball Colin Kaepernick too. I'm not a cat fan. I'm not by any shape of the means. I feel that he should express himself and however he wants. I do feel there's a time and place for that. I don't feel like it should be on a football field. But they absolutely cluded to keep him out because he's better than a court of the guys that that that are on rosters. Now that the claiming either starting quarterback, second, second quarterback, or third go ahead. J No.
Speaker 4: I was gonna tell Samir actually to follow you right here because guess what you just did again. You mentioned a perfect segue about leagues and stuff like that. So Samir, get your thoughts in right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, Steve, I want to start off by saying I do agree with the Lamar Jackson thing. We kind of knew it at the time. It was probably the worst kept secret at the time, because you can't convince me that you know, hey, Lamar Jackson's right here and no one wants him, like, no one's even gonna try to make a run for him, like come on now. Like, So I think that was the worst kept secret that there was definitely collusion there, And there's definitely been collusion in other cases such as as you mentioned, h Colin Kaepernick and who and whom else. It's very obvious, very obvious as a matter of fact, as a matter of fact, it was as a matter of fact, they took it to court and they and they reached a settlement. So take what you want with that information.
Speaker 3: Which is not even a quarter of what he should have got either way. But again that's another argument for another day.
Speaker 4: Well, and and like I said, I wanted to follow Samir on that because I think all of this will tie together perfectly in a knot, as you like to do, Steven. We do navy knots around here. You know anything about tieing navy knots. But so we're talking about the NFL and guaranteed contracts and quarterbacks and all of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Some of the NFL owners want to have.
Speaker 4: A separate part of the salary cap for quarterbacks because there's this whole stat if you make so much money as an NFL quarterback, you are less likely to win a Super Bowl. The only two who have broken the stat which lays at about thirteen percent, If a quarterback makes more than thirteen percent of their team's salary cap, they've only won the Super Bowl twice, Steve Young, Patrick Mahomes. That is why they all want to draft rookie quarterbacks and have a solid team around them. And so there is definitely another dirty seaward added to the dirty sea words collusion amongst these NFL owners.
Speaker 1: There's politics involved.
Speaker 4: We just saw the rule about the tush push. They managed to have the majority and keep that rule in place. I would look, hey, Steven, that's another topic for another.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of it next year.
Speaker 2: No, they know what they're going to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go down this rabbit hole bs when they're sitting there saying, you know, player safety, you know, pace a game, all that other nonsense. But what they're going to do next year is they're going to change the fact that an offensive player can't push another offensive player forward. So that's going to ruin other things like when you have a have a have a you know.
Speaker 2: Scrum down the field.
Speaker 3: You're trying to fight for yardage and your offensive players are not gonna be able to push forward. That's fine because we we the Eagles, have already prepared for this. But go ahead.
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 4: I have never once mentioned player safety as the issue. And the one play that always sticks out in my mind is two thousand and five, two thousand and four, there was a you see Notre Dame game, Matt Liner got pushed by Reggie Bush into the end zone. Granted that was n C double A, but the rule was you cannot push or aid an offensive player going forward, like you.
Speaker 1: You can't help push them forward. M hm. That was the rule in the Granted, like I said, it was the n C double A, but in the back of my mind it's football. The same rule should apply in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And oh god, that's a whole different rabbit hole we could go down on a different day. Is should the rules be the same for college and NFL or MLB to the minor leagues?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, we could.
Speaker 5: We could speak.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We're not gonna do it. But my main point though is.
Speaker 4: I saw that they took a touchdown off the board because Reggie Bush pushed Matt Liner into the end zone. And that's my whole thing about it, man, Like, just just the push part. The defensive people, the defensive lineman, the linebackers. They can't get up and push against their players. We saw, yeah with the special team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I remember years ago, it was like twenty fourteen fifteen that was that was the Panthers in the playoffs, and I think camp Chancellor leaked one of his teammates to block a field goal. Was called it back.
Speaker 2: Killed that Yeah, it special.
Speaker 3: It wasn't something that happened on a regular play, but it was it was a field goal that they wanted to I guess protect the offense in that matter.
Speaker 4: So right, Well, and then to finish my segue though here, I'll get a couple of comments in while I do it. So, yeah, let's see this into something else because I had another question. I know, I sent it to you, Steve Samir, and we might catch you off guard.
Speaker 1: Mark says, man, they need to leave the tush push alone.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: It was just me just tell me to leave it alone. Samir says, Okay, I'll leave it alone. Bro, I don't want I don't want to I don't want to smoke.
Speaker 4: But no, So to segue that, though, I was gonna tell y'all a story real quick, I'll be quick about it, Steve, But I was going to tell the story, and we just talked about collusion and owners and all this stuff. So Samir and Steven and listeners. I don't know if y'all heard this story this weekend or not. But Dale Earnhardt Jr. One of the most popular drivers ever in NASCAR. His father, of course, Dell Earnhardt, who died in a tragic accident at Daytona.
Speaker 1: But Dell Jr. He raced the career.
Speaker 4: He now owns cars, and he's one as a driver and he's one as an owner.
Speaker 1: But this past weekend it went one step further. He joined Elite territory.
Speaker 4: When you talk about Lee, Petty and Gosh, I had all the names earlier. He is one of only nine people to ever win as a crew chief, an owner and a driver.
Speaker 1: But I think it was rigged. Two of his own drivers took out the two best cars of the entire day.
Speaker 4: And Delarnhart Junior calling the race at Pocono for Connor Zelich ended up winning the race as a crew chief. And when you talk about big stories in NASCAR, there's nothing bigger than Delarnhardt Junr.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned.
Speaker 4: So I ask you, guys, could sports be scripted? And if they are, what would be the easiest one to script? What would be the hardest. We've all heard it with the Chiefs and the Flags. So guys, I want y'all's opinions. Steven or Samir? Who do you want to start with?
Speaker 1: Steven?
Speaker 2: Go first?
Speaker 4: All right, Samir, so react to my story about Delarnhart Junior and then please tell me what you think about sports, owners, players, unions.
Speaker 1: Could any of this stuff ever be scripted?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say scripted, but I will say that the leagues know who they want to win, like they have their preferences. When they want a team to win, they will let it be known that they want that team to win. Like you look at some of the calls the Chiefs got this passed off on this past season, particularly the no call on Kyle Pitt's Week three against the Falcons. Look at the Patriots during the Brady Belichick era, the calls that went their way for years, like for two decades.
Speaker 4: Right, and sorry to interrupt you, but you keep going after this, but they cheated to the flight Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but well and then you think and think about the nb a golden state. You know, there are times in the playoffs where they had they had certain calls go their way, especially when they're at Oracle. So yeah, I mean, I wouldn't say it's scripted, but they have their preferences, Like they call Scott Foster the extender for a reason. Like I feel like when there's a team that they that the NBA wants to win, they're going to have Scott a guy like Scott Foster officiate that game.
Speaker 1: What was the guy that cheated Donahoe?
Speaker 5: To answer your question, I feel like the easiest sport to script is boxing because in general, because I feel like there's just so I mean, it's one of those things where it would be hard to tell, you know what I mean, Like you can't really have you.
Speaker 3: Have you seen any Like I'll just say, just look at any of Jake Paul's like first handful of fights, and you can see why people say that, Yeah, you know who do they say the Tyron Woodley fight, just like you know, things of that nature. Uh, and orson Sofa Mike, the Mike Tyson fight. There's no way that wasn't a work. There was a gentleman agreement that that that that this wasn't gonna happen, and that wasn't gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, But I'd say the hardest descript is football because again, it's just it's almost blatant that when a certain team keeps getting calls that are maybe borderline or maybe questionable, and those calls continue to.
Speaker 3: Go to right here, that that that that that has a thing. But I do think Spygate was a real thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So I'm gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 3: But even to your point, n b A, we've already seen it. We already seen uh.
Speaker 2: With the way that betting is right right now, I think there could.
Speaker 3: Be guys that you know, you've seen combat sports fighters, uh, you know, one of their coaches and in the UFC, and the fighter himself has has been removed right because he knew his guy was injured and he's sitting there running the book.
Speaker 2: He's betting.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we we we see things along along those lines. The NBA, We've already seen it with Donahue, but even more so, the NBA draft lottery is a joke, absolute joke.
Speaker 2: And it's so weird how how sometimes a team will trade their best player and all of a sudden, the next season they walked up with the number one what overall pick?
Speaker 3: How many times did the the Oklahoma City thunder wound up trading a big player away and then they get they win.
Speaker 2: The lottery the next season?
Speaker 3: Even even King James and you know, I've been hard on him last few weeks because you know he does have have horsemen or come out of his mouth every now and again, you know, with with his ring culture nonsense. But he even talked about it when when would have there should have been no way that that that the Mavericks had the number one overall pick. I mean you could say I'm biased. I'm a Sixers fan. I wanted the number Listen, I didn't think we were gonna end up with the number one overall pick. But tell me how the Dallas Mavericks trade away Luca Donalds and all of a sudden, there they they win the draft lottery. It's that is I think that aspect of it can be can be scripted.
Speaker 2: We already talk about it with the NFL.
Speaker 3: Uh. I agree with with Samir that like they have their favorites, the teams they they preferred to to see in certain games at certain point in times of the year, and yeah, some some guys will get called I haven't.
Speaker 2: I've been an Eagles fan.
Speaker 3: I've never felt that we've ever got a single call that goes our way.
Speaker 2: Every time there's something going on.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, it typically goes against us.
Speaker 1: But right, hey, well, can I ask this question too real quick?
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that all sports are scripted, but obviously, did it not feel to you guys like the NBA had to have Oklahoma City and Indiana in the finals this year?
Speaker 5: I mean, I narrative, I disagree with that. I disagree with that because I think I think like, even with this series going seven games and given how close each of the first four games were, the ratings were down because it's unfair. But Oklahoma City, Indiana, regardless of the product on the court, it just isn't a draw to the casual fan. But if it were scripted, they would have like the Celtics, Lakers, and Celtics, Lakers, the Lakers, things like that.
Speaker 2: I'll say this much.
Speaker 3: You could tell basketball wasn't just because of how it went down this year.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't care enough to to put to put the the.
Speaker 2: Larry O'Brien trophy on the floor.
Speaker 3: They digitally put it in right you go, and look at you know, me and Ben talked about it last night.
Speaker 2: Look at the merch that just came.
Speaker 3: Out for for for the Oklahoma City Thunder. It looks like it it came off a five dollars press or office in somebody's basement. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves the way that merch looks. How hard is it to you know, put an orange and blue splash on a helmet, and put a helmet on a hat, and and and put up put a championship logo for Oklahoma City Thunder. What they put on them, gentleman, Anthony game looked like the stuff they sent overseas for the for the losing team.
Speaker 2: It was. It was a travesty to see that. It was Sickney.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. Hey, listen to Mark over here. He's a Sixers fan.
Speaker 3: And he's a Philly fan in general, but yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Have screwed over the whole thing with the lottery. And this is my take on it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they stopped showing the freaking lottery balls the results.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh no, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Show me, like, no, I don't. I don't believe.
Speaker 4: Like they showed the lottery for South Carolina Education lottery, they make it a big pick.
Speaker 1: Guess what you see.
Speaker 4: The lottery walls come down with the numbers because guess what other than.
Speaker 1: That, I don't believe you. I have no reason to believe you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been seeing this, like with the NBA lottery, the one year's time for Anthony Edwards, the hometown product to come home, and we had a bottom three record in the NBA that year. We end up with like the sixth overall pick. But I think like the worst draft in recent memory. We were thirty five, thirty six win team that year we won the lottery.
Speaker 4: Mark Yeah, and well and then yeah to the whole other point though, of the lottery, like uh, Steven mentioned him Intego Luca Dontets traded guess what Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, do y'all remember that whole.
Speaker 4: Nixt trade, the one that was rejected by the NBA when they owned the Pelicans, Chris Paul and all that stuff to the Lakers. No, they couldn't do it because that would have messed up what the NBA wanted.
Speaker 1: There's some behind the scene that we can't see.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we do not.
Speaker 1: Year.
Speaker 3: There's no riots of Philadelphia when championships happen. We just celebrate just enthusiastically as we support our team.
Speaker 4: Bro y'all are a bit over enthusiastic, if I must say so myself.
Speaker 3: Like y'all don't know what real passions about.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Come down here to WILLIAMS. Brice Stadium on a Saturday with me. Well, I'll show you passions.
Speaker 1: What's that again, Caro game Cocks SEC based SEC football, Baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know we jumped.
Speaker 3: We jumped into the n b A A little hard here, real fast with with the curve ball, but real quick spin back to the to the NFL for first for a second. Then we'll head back to the n b A because I want to get your guys thoughts on Cincinnati is staying in Cincinnati. There was rumors that they were gonna leave pay Court Stadium, but guess what, it's staying there. In Cincinnati, they're gonna, they're they're gonna put some money into it, They're gonna, they're gonna have some fun. I heard there was rumors that that they that they didn't get something something done before August, that that that the owners were gonna start start shopping around to see what what other cities wanted a team. Now I'm happy for Cincinnati and and things of that nature. I want to segue this into another topic too, What state city should have an NFL team that doesn't right now?
Speaker 5: San Diego never should have lost the Chargers.
Speaker 3: I don't wanna hear it. I don't want to hear anywhere in l A. All right, listen, I love San Diego, I love Oakland, all all all that, all that set aside. They you have the biggest state in your in and for the longest time, they have had the most teams. Like I want to see I want to see Utah, I want to see North Dakota. I want to see these other other states that really don't have an NFL franchise. And it's you know that I'd be like taking basketball out of Indiana as a whole and be like, you're not allowed you're not allowed to have a basketball team anymore.
Speaker 5: City that doesn't have an NFL team, that should.
Speaker 4: Let me think, yeah, uh well, to slightly be a little different, wil samere thinks, I'll say that the state of South Carolina needs a professional team of something.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, depending on where you are, you do have the Panthers.
Speaker 4: No, I've already disowned them. They're not the Carolina the professional franchise.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to deal with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know you guys have come up though, but yeah, they're.
Speaker 4: Until Dave Tepper completely proves to me that he can be okay as an owner.
Speaker 1: Right now, they are the North Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 4: I've already disowned every bit of South Carolina affiliation for all of the fans I speak for all of the fans in South Carolina yet, but should.
Speaker 5: Well, I think one city that comes to mind, I've got a couple of One city that comes to mind, Salt Lake City. It's a growing sports market and they've had the Jazz, They've they've got a pretty rabid fan base. They've had one over there for a while. I know the hot They just got a hockey team last year. They were the Arizona Coyotes. I believe they just moved up there. The owners of the Jazz bought them. They're There have been talks about the league either expanding or relocating to Salt Lake City for baseball. I know before they moved to Vegas, they were talks about the Oakland A's potentially looking at Salt Lake City and there's still been some stage rumors. So that's one in Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: In Atlantic City. That then guess what, either the New York Jets or the New York the New York the New Jersey Giants can can move to Atlantic City.
Speaker 1: Hey, one of them should move. Why are the two teams in New York sharing a stadium?
Speaker 5: Like what?
Speaker 1: That's weird to me. I don't know if it's weird. That's weird to me.
Speaker 5: It is a little weird to me.
Speaker 1: L A too, Shoot, I mean l A too. Chargers in the Rams, I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Steve, you said San Diego doesn't count, even though I think they should. The Chargers I think they.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Like they were they were robbed. If you look around, they that they don't really have another sport.
Speaker 5: Sports down that that lost their NFL team recently, Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly as soon as.
Speaker 2: I also said Nebraska, Nebraska, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Like there is some Midwest you know, you know state cities that that deserve love too.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't be overloading, uh you know, you know, you know, uh, California, New.
Speaker 3: York because technically New York has three teams, even though Buffalo's upstate and not like New York City, but technically they're the only one that that is actually in the state of New York.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I said, well, this is kind of random too.
Speaker 4: So you just mentioned all of those teams that are very close right there in that market.
Speaker 1: That's why their rivalry is so good.
Speaker 4: That's why the AFC, North Cleveland, Baltimore, and Cincinnati they're all relatively close. So you've got all of these fan bases, you know, within proximity. And that's the one thing about Atlanta, Atlanta, the Braves, there's like seven hundred miles in every direction before you find their next rival in baseball. And so yeah, this whole thing is wild. Why do you want to saturate these large markets as came?
Speaker 1: They've been wild? Bro, These comments are shout out Chacane p Digits, Mark all of you guys. Man, Yeah, y'all have been hilarious. You've been a little out of pocket, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, samir a ask for for some trade talk prior prior to to the draft, and we're gonna touch on them. So I know you wanted to touch on Porzingis in there. But look at these these pre draft trades that that that that just that just came down the pipeline over over the last week week or so. I mean, obviously, Kevin Durant to the Rockets probably the one that sticks out the most. Drew hol Day to the Blazers. There's been some crazy moving and shaking going around. So mea tell tell me how hyped you are that you that you have Perzingis down there in Atlanta or are you hyped at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There was a lot of excitement from the Atlanta Hawks fan base in general when the trade for Chris Stops Porzinkis was announced. He brings a lot of what this team has been lacking in recent years since there running the Eastern Conference Finals in twenty one. Size feels like every year when we're in the plane or in the playoffs, our lack of gets exposed. Porzinci springs that a guy who's been on winning teams, a guy who's won a championship. So somebody who can help, you know, kind of kind of change the culture, who has some championship pedigree and experience. He brings that he averaged almost twenty and contributed to a championship team. And if he's healthy, watching him catch lobs from Trey Young and he can shoot forty percent from downtown, Yeah, it's gonna be a beautiful sight to see. And and most importantly, if you are Athanity Atlanta Hawks, the biggest grievance within the Atlanta Hawks fan base is that Tony Wrestler, the owner, has owned the team for a decade and has never once gone into the luxury tax. And we're all sitting here like, come on, like like we're Atlanta. We're not a small market. You know, there are a lot of players that live out here during the off season, that train here. So it's not like Atlanta is this undesirable place to live, Like, spend some money and invest in this team. This team was ranked dead last in attendance last year, and right now you've got to do what you can to. And just before I say it, Atlanta is one of those towns where we have a passionate fan base. It's not to the level of you know, Philadelphia or New York or anything like that. But if you put something on the court or on the field that the city can get behind, man, the city's gonna ride with you. Like I remember, like during our run to the Eastern Conference Finals in twenty twenty one, there had never been any point in which I remember the city getting behind the Hawks in the way they did that year, even during their sixty win season in twenty fifteen, Like there had never been that much excitement for the Hawks up until that point, the atmosphere at the games, the buzz around the city, from the way the local radio stations talked about the team and cover the team from the top down. And this is a message to your fan base. And we're not done yet from what reports are saying, because we have I believe a twenty five to twenty six million dollar trade exception from the de John sat Murray Dyson Daniels trade last year. So you use that exception to help add even more depth to this team and help out that foundation we already have of trade Dyson, Jalen and zacharyisha Che. That is sending a message to your fans that hey, you know, it's sending a message like you're making a statement, like, hey, we're really trying to go for this thing. We're really trying to make some noise in the Eastern Conference, which is wide open. So that's why there's so much excitement surrounding this team. And if if Jalen Johnson can stay healthy, if Porzenkis can stay healthy, the Hawks are gonna be a fun team to watch if they continue to add.
Speaker 3: I can say the same thing about my susters, but they just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah and again, along with size, depth has been this team's biggest issue since twenty twenty one. Great example, before Jalen Johnson got hurt in January, we were the fifth seed. He gets hurt, we end up missing the playoffs. Like an injury to one player. And this may sound short sided, but most of the time, an injury to one player shouldn't derail your entire season. You need depth, You need a lot of guys that can play a role really well or can cont tribute to multiple facets. So I hope this Perzincis trade is only the beginning, and not only that, you offloaded two bad contracts in George Kneeing and Terrence Mann. So hopefully this is only the beginning of what looks to be an exciting offseason. If you're an Atlanta Hawks fan.
Speaker 3: I'll just say it like this, if you're one of these tweener teams just that was just outside of the playoffs, you have to be excited this year because the East is wide open. You have three superstars tear their achilles that are not coming back next season. The Celtics shouldn't be shouldn't be a top kintender, you know. And with that being said, the top end of it, you know, obviously, you know Cleveland should be out of the mix. There's a bunch of those teams that are on top that should not should not be in that mix.
Speaker 2: And if you can put the bright pieces.
Speaker 3: Around it, like whether we're talking about Atlanta or some of these other teams that were just on.
Speaker 2: The outside looking in, you should be going all in right now.
Speaker 3: And and speak that we're already seeing trades like you know that, like I said, you know, as I put on there, you know, Kevin Durant was traded to Houston.
Speaker 2: Does he make a difference there? Does he get them? I mean he's still in the Western Conference.
Speaker 3: That it's the Western Conference is what the Eastern Conference was, you know twenty years ago. It is loaded with guys that that that could get me go ahead.
Speaker 4: The most consequential trade that's going to happen or could have, don't I don't know if I could say it it's going to happen. I think it is, but I'm sure you guys would agree. But the most influential one would be honest, onto canoopboat.
Speaker 2: He said he's staying. He said he's staying.
Speaker 5: Yes, it seems like he's open is staying. But there's also a lot of trade rumors. But what would because Desmond Bane just went for four protector for unprotected first round picks.
Speaker 1: That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 5: Only got traded for one.
Speaker 1: That four?
Speaker 3: How do you get a king's ransom like that?
Speaker 5: But Luke only got traded for one?
Speaker 3: Right, This is what I mean.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know what it is like in the NBA, it's a common theme. You see a lot with these young teams. Like if you've got a team with the young nucleus and they lose in the first round, sometimes they might make in a way kind of make a knee jerk trader and overreaction in an attempt to go all in and end up overpaying for somebody who may not necessarily be worth it. Like did you see the new contractor Rockets just gave Kevin Durant, Like it's like they're paying him for two years and like I think over sixty million a year. And this is what I mean, Like you had you your you just won fifty games, you have a young nucleus and you know, and you've got guys like Fred van Fleet and Dylan Brooks. Dylan Brooks especially as a culture setter. You see what Memphis has ben since he left, and you see what he was able to do in Houston with those young players they have. And not only do you trade that, you trade him and you trade Jalen Green. Yeah, he had a bad playoff series, but he is one of still one of their young promising players with potential, and you trade him for thirty seven year old Kevin Durant. And on top of that, you gave him sixty million over the next two years in Orlando. I like Desmond Bean. Orlando has a nice young core, but four first round picks like the Knicks last year. Five first round picks for macal Bridges, and then.
Speaker 3: Is but he's he's a he's a killer, dude, he's a.
Speaker 2: Stud.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 5: But five for.
Speaker 3: Listen, I was made when we traded him after we drafted him.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what are we doing? I remember that I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That they drafted him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yes, finally the guy from Villanova who can actually play.
Speaker 2: Trade to Arizona.
Speaker 5: What Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then now seeing seeing them pull him, pull him out of a out of Phoenix for five.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And and then what we did.
Speaker 2: Look, dude, they were in the Eastern Conference finals this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And then what we did in twenty two. So twenty twenty one we have the run of the Eastern Conference finals. Twenty twenty two, we had some injuries, had some COVID, had a down year playing got We lost to Miami in five. They they beat tray up pretty good, the heat or physical team. They beat tray up pretty good. And the narrative was that, look, we've got to get Trace some help we've got to get him a number two, and we've got to get a guy who can play defense. And the thought process was that by making that trade for de jont Murray, we were we were killing two birds with one stone. So it was like, Okay, forget the three first round picks, We're gonna be contending in the East for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, it just didn't fit out fit well here. They did accompany each other well together when they were on the court. At the same time, a lot of the young guys they were banking on taking that next step, like a DeAndre Hunter or a John Collins or guys that they had paid didn't take that next step and in this and it's kind of pretty much contributed big time to the play and rut we've been in the last four years. But hopefully, with this offseason we've been having in the nuclease, we have hopefully an Si Solik can pull us out of that and we can be a top sixteen. But yeah, it just kind of falls into that the only.
Speaker 3: Team that didn't take major injuries and didn't lose a lot of their.
Speaker 2: Nucleus in the New York Knicks.
Speaker 3: They're the only team that that that I think from this playoffs should should absolutely.
Speaker 2: Be returning that they didn't lose too much.
Speaker 3: They didn't they didn't sustain big injuries or any other I don't think the Indiana Paces or the Poults and Celtics make the playoffs next year, neither one.
Speaker 5: I still think the Celtics can make the playoffs, but I don't know about an end. I don't know about it.
Speaker 2: Man Halliburton, is that team heart, soul and core.
Speaker 5: And then and then also another team. Look at Phoenix. They had a nice young core with some veterans like a Chris Paul J. Crowder, but then they had some young pieces like a Booker of Bridges DeAndre Ayton, who kind of declined towards the end, but they had a nice young cord.
Speaker 2: They went to the fires and.
Speaker 3: Then then absolutely knee jerk reaction and didn't have a plan in place to replace something.
Speaker 5: And then I think getting embarrassed by Dallas in that game seven caused them to have that knee jerk jerk reaction and and make the trades for Kevin Durant and then eventually Bradley Beal and look where they are now.
Speaker 4: Well, Hey, so the one thing I did want to respond to was the whole Kevin Durant trade. And I'm not gonna beat a dead horse when I talked to you about my dirty sea words again tonight. But guess what, Kevin Durant doesn't scream chemistry, culture, commitment.
Speaker 1: He doesn't scream those things to me. He screams a good sea word. Championship chasing. He's championship chase.
Speaker 2: He's a Hall of Famer already.
Speaker 1: Like, but that's what he No, he doesn't need to, but I mean that, that's what he's doing, it seems like.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, with that, I just think he wants to compete at a high level.
Speaker 7: And I guess he didn't think he was going to be able to do that with the Suns, so that's why he went to Houston.
Speaker 3: I think it's a it's a side words move in my opinion for him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I agree, Yeah, what in a step up? But then to your poor, to your question you just asked there is you don't know why he would do that. I don't know why Lebron would say that rings don't matter the other day if he were ten and oh in the finals versus four and six.
Speaker 2: God, you finished, You finished.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say if if he was ten and oh in the finals versus four and six in the finals, he would be the first one to tell you guess what rings?
Speaker 1: Rings matter? Yeah, being married matters, Like, oh yeah, it don't matter anymore.
Speaker 5: Rings no matter. That's why he went to Miami and teamed up with Dwyane Wade and christ To be fair the first, I agree he had no help.
Speaker 1: How many would he actually have.
Speaker 2: In Miami?
Speaker 3: And he got I got beaten by bye bye by two Dallas teams, as he should have.
Speaker 4: Right, But how like if he had stayed in Cleveland though, so he finally went back and won there.
Speaker 1: But if he had stayed, in.
Speaker 3: My opinion, he shouldn't have went to Miami. He should have He should have just had people come and join him there. Right.
Speaker 5: No, I mean he said in the podcast years ago that he tried to, but he said that he couldn't get anyone to go there. I mean, yeah, who wants to live in Cleveland?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that for a second.
Speaker 5: Well really wants to listen.
Speaker 3: When you look at that time period, right, he was and he was the face of the league at that time, the biggest star of the everyone. Everyone was flocking to him. Granted, Cleveland's not the greatest place in the world, and that was probably his problem, is like, I don't want to vacation in Cleveland. So he wait, went down to Miami, all right, and then he goes back to Cleveland and he says beefing with Kyrie and then he goes runs to l a right, and the.
Speaker 5: Chasing rdon.
Speaker 2: Since he got in the league, he was the nineteen year old phenom. He's ring chasing.
Speaker 3: If he's really ring chasing, he ain't catching nobody because Bill Russell has everyone bete Okay, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: He's trying to chase the goat.
Speaker 3: He's trying to chase Michael Jordan's He's never gonna get the six now, So now he's he's he's putting on his cry baby face and sitting there saying trying to trying to throw Nash's name in there, Barkley's name in their AI's name, and they're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Well, these guys are revered.
Speaker 3: It's how he goes about everything, is he's going on this media tour crying that it's ring culture. He created ring culture. He created it. Michael Jordan didn't create it, none, none of the other Larry Bird didn't create it, created or.
Speaker 5: Did the media create it? Because does he not.
Speaker 2: Have a media company by he does?
Speaker 3: He not have a media company behind him though he has a media company pushing this stuff. He only does interviews with certain things. He walks off the floor and bad losses. He's not a leader, he's not a killer. That's why he's not the goat. That's why he's ring chasing to try to try to sit there and say I have this, I have that, I should be the greatest of all time. He's been chasing Michael Jordan since he got in the league. He knows he can't get it now, so he's doing what he's doing all the time. He's making excuses on why he's he's not just like he makes excuses or why they lost in the playoffs last year, why they lost in the playoffs the year before. That's what he does. He is, without a doubt, a top talent of our time, without a doubt, there's nobody who could play the entire floor.
Speaker 2: Can you name someone in the pasts that can do that?
Speaker 3: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: But but there's other little intangibles that why he is not.
Speaker 3: I don't even have him as the best Laker of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's third on my list.
Speaker 3: It's Kobe, it's freaking it's dream Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 2: Then it's freaking Lebron James.
Speaker 3: He he is a top five greatest player of all time without a down, he is never going to be the goat and it burns him so bad to his core.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, Steven, based on what you just said, you can't even make him a top five NBA player of all time because honestly, we could make the argument some mere just threw in another name as you were named of people, he might not even be the top five best Laker because all.
Speaker 5: Argue the magic's in front of him exactly, you could put Kobe Kareem Magic. You could actually argue that Shaq is in front of him as a Laker.
Speaker 1: As a as a Laker, as a Laker. Let's make sure we're being clear.
Speaker 5: No exactly Lakers street as a Laker.
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 5: Did this finals MVPs. I mean, there's a legit argument.
Speaker 3: He he legitimately did this to himself. He's crying about a culture that he created. When did when did people used to run a team up to go chase rings before that? When didn't happen in the eighties, didn't happen in the nineties. Oh, it happened under his watch. He created a culture and now he's crying about it. You see, did was Ai chasing rings? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was chasing rings. He didn't create super teams.
Speaker 3: He never had any help in Philadelphia, right, And then when he got sent to Denver, he had what mellow for a few years?
Speaker 2: Who who was? Who was?
Speaker 3: Who was? Who was? It was the same thing when when they sent sent Chris Roberts to him was basically playing on one leg, like, come on, man, I love I love what he is. A comp was for himself, his brand. He's he is a master of building brands. With that a doubt he is. He is a top talent of our time. But he will never be in that conversation ever. It's not gonna happen. And then people are sitting there like, oh, you're just you're you're just hating him. No, I'm not hating on him. I'm not I'm chocking. I'm just explaining to you why he isn't it's clear in front of your face. I'm not the only one sitting there saying it. You have you have guys who are lifelong Laker fans that'd be like, he's not They they would they they're they're sitting theirs ain't. It's three, it's Michael, it's Kobe.
Speaker 2: Then you then they would start talking.
Speaker 5: About I think about that. Go argument is it depends on who you ask and what they value. Because if you talk about on the court and success on the court, yeah, you know you'll mention rings and in the State of the East in the nineties, and Jordan played versus the State of the East for a majority of Lebron's time.
Speaker 2: Step.
Speaker 5: But if we're talking from an on court perspective, and I think a big part of you look at what do you do with the group around you. Keep in mind Michael Jordan did not win a playoff series until Scottie Pippen got there. Look at Lebron. Look at who Lebron had. Was three years old, he was the finals in Cleveland. Who was the second best player on that team?
Speaker 3: Was that he had?
Speaker 1: Like what was that Mo Gibson, William Henderson, El Gaskiz Vera jiall. Yeah, bro, how about how about the two people that signed contracts when they left after matt How about Matthew Delvandova got signed to like one hundred million dollars after he won the championship?
Speaker 5: Well on sixteen, and then think about it. His last year in Cleveland, they won sixty games. The year he leaves, they lose sixty games.
Speaker 2: Michael got the number one pick.
Speaker 4: Don't forget the whole thing of this whole episode is conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've got the number one overall pick, one overall pick that year.
Speaker 3: I told you it's not it's not. That's not it's not. It's a real thing. We could say it's conspiracy all we want that is a real thing.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to a point. We were.
Speaker 3: We've gotten so caught up in the ring culture. We forgot about the draft. So let me go touch on the draft. I got, I got the draft list here. What was was anyone surprised by anything? Who do you think got better last night?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What are your guys?
Speaker 1: Overall starts?
Speaker 3: Let's start it off with some mir.
Speaker 5: So can you put the screen back up? Yeah? So, I mean overall when you look at the surprise. One surprise for me was a Yang Hanson going a lot earlier than projected to the Portland trail Blazers. I know he was a guy who worked out for the Hawks a little bit before the draft. He was projected second round pick, but he went sixteen overall to Portland.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta give a shout out to uh. Danny Ainge partially in the Utah Jazz. Ace Bailey did not work out with any teams. I don't think his agents want The rumor is I don't know if it's true or not, but the rumor is his agents didn't want him playing in Utah. Danny Ainge was like, okay, fine, UH, we're gonna take you anyway. Brooklyn nets five first round picks. They're the usage of those picks was maybe a bit questionable. I think there were times where maybe they didn't get the best player available, like they took Igor Demon at eight over Kaman Mala Watch. I don't know if I would have done that me personally, but I think the head scratcher of the night, uh the New Orleans Pelicans, like what what are they doing? You're not going to be very good next year? The draft class next year is supposedly going to be really good, and you trade and unprotected first to move up ten spots. So you got fleeced by Atlanta last year in the Dyson Daniels Larry Nance for de Jaunt Murray trade. You fired your front office or your place your front office. Atlanta also replaced much of their front office, and you made a deal with Atlanta, and you got fleeced again because again you're not gonna be that good next year. There's a good chance that that pick is going to end up being a very high, a very high pick. So the Atlanta Hawks honestly saw great work. And then you went and got a sin Newle at twenty three, and that is someone they were potentially considering. The rumor was at thirteen. So not only do you get chances are going to be a very high pick next year between the Bucks and the Pelicans, and if Jannis stays in Milwaukee, we're gonna end up getting that Pelicans pick, because right now the Hawks would get the higher pick between Milwaukee and New Orleans. But you also ended up so it's really a two for one. And this is the first time ever that at the Bird teams in town, the Hawks and the Falcons spent their first round pick on Georgia Bulldogs, So the Athens to Atlanta pipeline is expanding.
Speaker 3: I think they think they're going after in the wrong sport. But that's just my take.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I do want to touch on on something I thought, uh, you know, as far as you know the draft goes, and you know, you know, I didn't think it was particularly the greatest draft of ever.
Speaker 2: But when uh, when I heard the Sixers pick I love his story. Did you did you hear about uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh JV story that basically he spent the last seven years living off a generator.
Speaker 2: That kid is humble. Yeah, And when you hear a guy like that making did you hear he was sending.
Speaker 3: His ni O money into into this organization to help other kids who were in like in in in these dire type type situations where you know, you have a kid in the family who's an athlete, they just really can't do what they needed. Like, his story is just something that that tugs at the heartstrings. You can say what you say what you want. You know that I don't know why the Sixers pick them. Now, we got a freaking overloaded backcourt. So it's, uh, it's one of those ones where I got to question it. A lot of people felt that that Philadelphia probably should have should have been involved in a trade talk with you know, uh the three three uh you know max contracts they have have on the roster. So I thought it was a feel good story at least for for for everything that's been going on.
Speaker 2: Josh, we don't speak that name here no more that name.
Speaker 1: First of all, I.
Speaker 4: Told Josh to get in the garage. He always says that to me. So Josh, you're late, So.
Speaker 1: Get in the garage. And then.
Speaker 3: My NBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my NBA draft talk though that I wanted to get to.
Speaker 4: And then it's going to be quick and shoot, I don't know, we might be getting ready to get out of here in a minute, so y'all make sure.
Speaker 5: To hit like.
Speaker 2: Topics to go.
Speaker 3: That's all right, all right, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: But so my NBA draft stuff you just mentioned it feel good stories. That was a crazy story. Javon Kinlaw a former Gamecock. He had that same story as a defensive lineman for football. And then what happened in the NBA draft last night though for a game Cock and let me go ahead and say clip this because JD is fixing two Southern Fry one of his own fan favorites, I am a.
Speaker 1: Fan of the game, comes.
Speaker 4: Colin Murray Boyles, Sir, you cannot say the F word after you get announced as a draft pick, and you most certainly can't say it.
Speaker 1: With disgust and disdain on your face. You cannot do that. You just made a whole fan base hate.
Speaker 4: You on draft night when they picked you ten picks higher than you should have been picked.
Speaker 1: So, sir, let's go on a couple of podcasts.
Speaker 4: Let's figure this thing out, because saying the F word as a sigh of relief that you were drafted will not fit in my narrative book.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: When has anyone ever said the word that rhymes with duck as a sigh of.
Speaker 1: Relief when it when that's a sign of well, I guess what, yeah, so yeah, we'll start our dirty F words. So guess what it was? It was a sign of frustration.
Speaker 4: And you can't say the F word that rhymes with duck when you get drafted by a team and then just say, oh yeah, I was just relieved, Like oh yeah, I was waiting so long, No, said Door Sanders was waiting so long. You got picked at number nine. Colin Murray Boyles, you were there for like thirty freaking minutes.
Speaker 1: Take take my microphone away. I'm done.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna have one sort of uh, you know, NBA topic.
Speaker 2: All right, So we we had the NFL Draft, Now we're the NBA.
Speaker 3: Draft is going to complete. Who's gonna have the better, better, better career as the number one overall pick cam Ward.
Speaker 2: Or or Cooper flag.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I think in this case, there's so much that goes into whether an NFL quarterback is successful. You need coaching. You gotta have the right coach, You need an offensive line that can protect him, and you gotta get him weapons. Southern Fried you can attest this. Bryce Young looked awful his rookie year. He was playing with a high basically what was basically a high school team. He was sacked like what sixty times? His wide receiver one was a thirty five year old Adam Thielen. He had a horrible coaching staff.
Speaker 1: But saw.
Speaker 4: And that's another thing too, sorry, but they saw that this is the best coaching staff ever.
Speaker 1: As symbols.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember like that offseason they were saying, like the Panthers have this all star coaching staff, and.
Speaker 1: Uh man, it reminded me of a haunted house.
Speaker 5: Didn't even finish the year. But but yeah, you saw him the second half after his benching with Dave Canalis, who has a history of of, you know, working with quarterbacks. He worked with Gino Smith and Seattle with Baker Mayfield in Tampa, and it seems like and you he looked like a He looked like a completely different quarterback from the one that was his rookie year, that one that started his career two and seventeen and got benched. So coaching matters. I feel like the NBA to an extent, even if a player doesn't necessarily meet that potential or expectations. Basketball, there's five guys on the court and they're playing both ways. One player, as I was mentioning with Lebron James, what happened in Cleveland when he was there, what happened when he left, one player can make a difference potentially between a team making the playoffs or being in the lottery. The NFL is offense, defense, special teams. Coaching, so many moving parts like like look at Andrew Luck. The Colts basically forced him into early retirement, having him playing behind a terrible offensive line up until his last year. Basically when they went and got Quentin Neilson and they got somebody else. I forgot that draft.
Speaker 3: I think early on, I think Cooper is going going to have more success. But I think if if the rebuild in Tennessee doesn't take that long and they're actually able to get get Will Leaves out of there, you know, maybe maybe see if they can go fleece the New Orleans Saints, who is in desperate need of a quarterback, you know, because uh well you know we already know the Philadelphia Eagles took advantage of the Saints with some picks to over the years that there they're good for that. So I'll say it like this, man, early on, it's going to be Cooper flag. But I think overall skill set, I mean, as much as I would love the seen Cooper here, I think cam Ward has the tools to be an elite quarterback in the league.
Speaker 2: They just have to develop him.
Speaker 3: And the question is can he stay up right long enough to be able to see that into fruition.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and the thing about Tennessee is that it's not a talented roster. They're kind of in the middle of a rebuild. And one thing about another factor that goes that determines the success or trajectory of a young quarterback is stability and continuity. The Titans have a new general manager, Mike Burganzi. So if the Titans have another bad season, which I think they will, and their offense and continues to struggle and Ward, you know, cam Woard doesn't really take those strides. Is there a case in which Brian Callahan is on the hot seat and Mike Burgonzi might want to bring in a coach that he had to seen hiring.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, that's what I was gonna say, and I'll get my take in here on this real quick. I was going to say that I trust Cooper Flagg obviously, because he's going to do better. Younger age easier in the NBA for a guy his status. It's a lot harder for a quarterback going to he's got a better coach, me let me finish. And so yeah, of course it's gonna be much easier for a guy like Cooper Flagg, because cam Ward is one of eleven. He is a quarterback. And exactly to Samir's point and to your point, Steven, I don't trust the head coach. I don't trust Callahan. We always put all of these really really good players on really really crappy teams that only could win one or two games last year.
Speaker 1: Therefore, it's not likely they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Do good unless you end up, hopefully in a situation like in Carolina for the Panthers, hopefully Bryce Young flips it around with Dave Canalis as we've mentioned.
Speaker 1: But yeah, give Cooper flag, easy pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this, don't put unfair expectations on that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want to hear Lebron. I don't want to hear none of that.
Speaker 4: We see what Zion has gone through. Just say they're gonna be a really good basketball player.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: We gotta stop putting this is the next Michael Jordan, this is the next Kareem, this is the next Magic, this is in the next Lebrun.
Speaker 1: We gotta stop that. We gotta stop that. Fans have to be better in more ways than one.
Speaker 3: Now, one last basketball tacket topic we get, we gotta touch on it and again she's back on the injury list. She's she's gonna miss a game with it with another injury. Can can the w n b A sustain the the traction they've been grabbing? Obviously, I think this not just last year's draft class, but this year's draft class of current ladies that got them should be getting more attention than they are.
Speaker 2: Obviously, everyone knows who Sophie Cunningham is. Now you have other stars in the league, but.
Speaker 3: You know, Kaitlyn Kaitlyn Clark continually going down because she's getting banged up.
Speaker 2: They're not giving her, They're not they're not giving her the calls and things of that nature. Her keep keep going on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Is you think that's something they could continue to grow with some or or or or they're are they going to have to hold these referees accountable to actually call the nots that that's going on, because it's not just Caitlin Clark that's dealing with with ridiculous playing and fails. Like you know, I'm watching other games and you know there's athletes pulling up, pulling up, pulling other other athletes down by the back of their hair.
Speaker 2: That that should be you should be getting yanked out of the game for them that there's no place in basketball for that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean I think it's definitely coming. I mean, I do think there's definitely gonna be some changes into how games are officiated, into the cause of star like a Caitlyn Clark might get. And again it goes back to ratings. And I want to trace this back to our conversation earlier about leagues having their select a few it seams or play is that they want to see do well. Because let's put this in the NFL context. If something happens to a guy like a Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson or a Jaden Daniels, what happens to the NFL's ratings, They're gonna go down? Uh, something happens to a Steph Curry or a Lebron James or a Victor Sga whatnot. What's gonna happen to the NBA's Brandon the rings is gonna go down?
Speaker 3: Well, the NBA they're launching an investigation into why all these players are tearing their achilles. Yeah, like that's how serious the NBA is taken losing three of their big stars to achilles injury.
Speaker 2: With it within a few months. It's not like it's happened over a year. This has happened all with with within a matter of a few months.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the NBA, he's taking it seriously when they're losing some of their biggest, brightish young stars.
Speaker 2: Toler's Aliburton.
Speaker 3: You know you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Jad, Can can I say something that no one probably ever will think of or say?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: Ahead?
Speaker 1: Well, No, I'm just leading into it. The NBA created this problem.
Speaker 4: Whenever they said in order to win the MVP, you have to play X amount of games, the NBA players were already telling you that the schedule wasn't working for them. That is why load management became a thing. Therefore you wanted, you got to force them to play so many games to be eligible to win the m v P. No, Grant don't in her own I'm not saying I agree with what I'm saying, but I'm saying the NBA painted themselves into this corner.
Speaker 3: No, they be back in the back, ass whiny players painting themselves in the corner. Like could you imagine going back twenty thirty years and them sitting there saying, oh, well, I need load management, I need load management. That's what that That's why I'm not this, That's why I'm not that these guys want.
Speaker 2: To point their fingers at anybody else but themselves.
Speaker 3: How I've never seen it. That's why no one watches basketball, or at least the NBA product. People love love watching NCAA basketball. You don't see them taking load management. You don't see them taking games off when people pay good money to see them. That is the most, the most, the most millennial thing I've ever heard of. My freaking wife that how eighty two games been in all the way along? So now you want to what you want to cut it down to sixty two? That make you feel better? I mean, come on, guys, are we serious about this?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I'm not.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying play.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: But but when this guy making making insane amount of money a year and he's just like I'm taking off the don't you like the only player that I would have understood and and I and I don't and I don't give him any slack on this, but you all embiid look look at how many injuries he's he sustained.
Speaker 2: Should should he be sitting there doing his body is too big for his frame.
Speaker 3: We've already everyone kind of established that already, and that's why he's as often injured as he is. But when he's one hundred percent, he's a freaking killer. Okay, but that that.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, K just a little bit, I got I got the generations wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry either way. Either way, eighty two games is it? I don't sit there and see hockey players asking for load management. I don't see baseball players asking for load management. They paid double the games.
Speaker 5: Well, and from an NFL standpoint, I'm in Ross Saint Brown. I think tour obleak like had an obleaqu muscle completely come off of his bone. I think what it was in this it was a it was a CAF injury. Twenty twenty three first team All Pro first that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to I don't want I don't ever want to hear these guys say anything because the money they get, they have the best care they have, they have they have nine times out of ten the best doctors of it available to them, or have the money to go to to get get get the best doctor's second opinion, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So I really don't want to hear that that they they need that the schedule.
Speaker 3: Doesn't work for them. They rare he played back to backs when we have baseball. Sometimes you have baseball teams they don't have a game off for almost fourteen days at times. So I really don't want to hear that. But go ahead, Daddy, what do you what do you want to throw in on this?
Speaker 4: No yet, just again, that's the beauty of us being here together. You brought a question in my mind, So Samir and Steven, both of you question what, like, how has medicine and being a doctor and the procedures, How has all of that progressed.
Speaker 1: So much over the last thirty forty fifty years.
Speaker 4: Yet we're seeing these injuries though that are new now that we didn't see thirty.
Speaker 1: Forty fifty years ago, Like, how does that make sense to anybody? Well?
Speaker 5: I think, well, I think one theory I have is that the guys better athletes now than they were thirty forty years ago. So in a way that it can be you know, in a way of blessing and a curse, because it makes you more prone to injuries that you may not have seen thirty forty years ago or may not have seen his often.
Speaker 2: Now on the medicine side of thing, I'll touch on this list.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 3: You have way better medicine, way better care than these athletes did did fifteen years ago, twenty years ago, fifty years ago, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Let me think about how Lebron has taken care of his body.
Speaker 3: Right, Listen, this is why I say what makes him so great is because he hasn't really haven't had these injuries. And a lot of people sit there and say that he's on steroids or whatever. Until I see a positive test.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna go down that road.
Speaker 1: But he is.
Speaker 3: He is the cal Ripken of the NBA. And that's saying something. That's saying something. There's no doubt that he's great. But another thing is we talk about it all the time. Availability is the biggest quality you can have as an athlete, and Lebron James checks that, double checks that box.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so I've listen.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear it like you can sit there and say, oh, well, we're talking about Tyrese Halliburton or or or Jason Tate, Like, don't tell me these guys don't have access to money, to the team doctors of things of that nation like they have access to this stuff. It's all these guys are playing, busting their butts hard, playing basketball the way it should be played. So I'm not going to sit there and and and sit there and say, oh, well, you're doing it wrong this way. No, they're playing the game right. Can you imagine if if you had the medical care now back when Larry Bird was, if we'd probably got another ten years out of Larry Bird and he was a freaking animal, and in my opinion, like the only reason he's not in goat talks is because of his injuries, because of how he played the game. He wouldn't change that for anything. I'm sure he would change like, oh I was, you know when when I was in year ten, year, year fifteen or whatever, I could have added added another five years to my career. Could you imagine how we would speak about and that now if he had the medical care that these guys had now back then, other guys you know, you know it was Moses Malone, these are trashed at the end of his career. I'm sure he would sit there and love to have some of the medical medical care these guys had now back then, I mean, there's so many guys that we could name, you know that that that that we had their careers shortened by injury, whether it be them playing to their bodies breaking down whatever.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not something you can use to gain like against it. It's not something I want to sit there and see. Like, medical advances in all the sports are way higher than than what it was you know previous, you know, you know, generations and things of things of that nature.
Speaker 4: So right, well, hey, I'll be honest with you guys. I don't even play sports anymore. But I'm about to go get in my cryogenic chamber or in my sauna. You take your pick, but whichever one, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: It here in a minute. You're going on cry to sleep with us. I didn't say post malone.
Speaker 4: I said most is malone, post Kane's Wild. He also said, yeah, you got that one. Joshua said, nobody watches the w n B A.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen.
Speaker 3: Half of the nonsense is coming out of Josh's meth.
Speaker 2: And he's lucky at I don't put him on mute.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, anyway.
Speaker 4: One good thing he said, one good thing, nobody watches the w n B A right, right anyways, and that you're right because I'm not a nobody and I watch the w n B A.
Speaker 3: You're right, nobody's doesn't watch the w n B A.
Speaker 2: He's got that wrong, right.
Speaker 3: A lot of people, a lot more people are watching the w n B A that that don't watch the NBA anymore for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Now. One of the last topics we were going on is what is good heckling. Obviously I'm an Eagles fan. We we we heckle with the best of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You still got Eli Manning talking about getting flipped off by little six year olds. Right. We are we we we we are the king of the hostile environments. I think people also, will people underestimate when we're talking about rowdy fans and what lines you can't cross and can't College sports is way worse than what you what we see here in Philadelphia, that there's a legitimate hate that certain colleges have with certain teams. It's just that's just natural. But we had a situation over the past few days and it really makes you want to want to ask the question, where's the line with heckling?
Speaker 2: And I mean I think it's really simple.
Speaker 3: You know, talk about how they play, talk about their team, wife, family.
Speaker 2: Kids, off limits, off limits.
Speaker 3: We've already touched on this when when we had the nonsense whereas we're talking about the w n B A that that went on between between Clark and r G three and and Ryan Clark has no room to talk because he you know, he dated a white woman. He's sitting there talking about at that because r G RG three has a white wife.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know the plight of a black woman, like is it did? Is he not a black man?
Speaker 3: So how would he not know?
Speaker 2: That was his mother?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 3: So he might he might have an idea, maybe not to what Ryan thought it was, but he ultimately.
Speaker 2: Retracted the things of that nature.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play like a forty second video about some of the stuff that just happened over the last few days, and then we're gonna come back and address.
Speaker 5: So why is to tell Marte weeping behind second base in the Diamondbacks White Sox game last night, Well, artees at bat one on two out, He's looking.
Speaker 8: Over at the stands and shakes his head and then starts u at that the reason he took an extra second there was because a fan.
Speaker 3: Was hackling him talking about his late mother, who passed away in a car accident.
Speaker 8: In the Dominican Republic, now.
Speaker 3: Family members are off limits for this exact reason. And I'm glad, I'm you know, you know, all Major League teams have banned him. Listen, I've had I've seen Phillies fans get thrown out for for for ras and relief pictures, ras and starting pictures before they they come down, they come down out of the bullpen to start their outing. But there's always a line. Man, family, kids, wife off limits. You could talk about the team, you can talk about the player, you can talk about their haircut. Oh you eat, you know you.
Speaker 2: For that line.
Speaker 3: If you're talking you know, you know, sexualities and things of that nature. That that that's that's also a gray area. I don't think you should talk to either. But everything else I think it is is up up for grabs in my opinion. You know, you know, you know say they couldn't hit a broadside of a barn, you know, talking about about how you know you know that that that they can't pitch worth worth the X y Z like there, there's certain things you can say family members is absolutely off limits. That he's been banned from ballparks, I think across the board now so that this kid can't ever go to a baseball game ever.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm sure he didn't.
Speaker 3: Know when he made the statement that that you know this, this young man's mother passed away in a car accident.
Speaker 7: But this is why you don't cross those lines, because you don't know. We say it all the time. You know, you know, you don't know what someone else is going through. You don't know, you know, you know how one little thing could change somebody's day for good.
Speaker 3: For beat or indifferent. So be careful how you treat people, Be careful what you say.
Speaker 2: And this was the prime example of it.
Speaker 9: I'm sure I'm sure this that the kid is absolutely regretting what he said at this point in time. But what's done and done, what said and said, and you know, we're gonna move on with life and hopefully I think other fans should take this as a.
Speaker 2: Lesson to be better, to show that we are we're better than that.
Speaker 3: Everyone talks about professional listen, professionalisms meant for those guys on the field.
Speaker 2: We're glad to heckle, We're alawd to boo.
Speaker 3: We're I was, I was talking about I've seen something this weekend that a Mets fan came down to Philadelphia and she was appalled by we kept booing and heckling and this. You're, first off, you're a Mets fan in Philadelphia, what do you expect do? Do you expect us to give you flowers and roses? No, we're rivals. We don't like you. You're invading our space, you're stealing our oxygen.
Speaker 2: You don't we don't want you there. We don't You're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna come back to citizens, poor God, that's what we want.
Speaker 2: We don't want you here.
Speaker 3: But there's a line, there's a certain line you don't cross. And and yeah, us as phild off your fans, we pushed.
Speaker 2: That line sometimes.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna act like we don't. We do push them line sometimes, But I'm gonna pass it.
Speaker 2: On to you guys.
Speaker 3: I think I laid out a nice little, a little segment here for you. We'll start with some here.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I absolutely agree, And I think the line is very clear. If you wanna talk about the opposing team, or or if you want to boo a player, you want to talk about an opposing player, that's absolutely fine, that's completely normal, and honestly, that's something you would expect any sporting event, like for example, whenever Bryce Harper comes to Atlanta, he gets booed. It's been happening even before your faphilies, happened even when he is in Washington. It started when he rubbed his ceet over the Atlanta Braves logo years ago back at Turner Field, and since then he's been getting booed. And not like it matters to him anyway, he kills us. But yeah, the Mets were at Truest Park last week and Braves fans were chanting overrated about Juan Soto towards the end of the game. Or if you know, you don't see it offen here in Atlanta, but if you want to boo yourd team when they don't play well, you see it at Falcons games. Sometimes that's fine, like leave it about you know, the performance on the field and keep it at that. Or if you want to be lighthearted, sometimes it's fine, Like during the NLDS a couple of years ago, the Braves are playing the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park, and the Phillies fans are chanting d ui at Marcelo Zuna. The backstory was that Marcelo Zuna was arrested a couple months before that for DUI in Atlanta. Like, that's fine and as much of an annoyance as it is in Whatnot. If Knicks fans want to yell f Tray Young whenever he comes to Madison Square Garden, Okay, that's fine, but leave the families out of it. Don't make it personal things like that. It's a pretty straightforward mind.
Speaker 4: Brother, Completely agree with everything y'all are saying. I've said it once, I'll say it one million more times. Players and athletes are real human beings. They have feelings, They have things that happen in their life, like their mother passing away. Granted, if you want to yell, like Samir suggested the word that rhymes with duck Trey Young, if you want.
Speaker 1: To yell, you suck at baseball by all means, do it. But when you start talking about people's wives, people's family, people's mothers, that's where it becomes really gray. We saw the incident with DeMarcus Cousins. We've seen so many interactions.
Speaker 3: Russell Westbrook was one of the worst ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then even recently on one or ten has gone into the fans, into the to the stands. I mean.
Speaker 2: He was absolutely provoked.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't believe it for that honestly.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and the one thing I will say is fans, when you purchase a ticket, that is all you purchase. It does not come with a disrespect claus.
Speaker 4: Okay, just because you buy that ticket does not mean you get to say whatever you want to say when you walk into that stadium.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, And I mean I don't know how much more clear I can be about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and I think the part that makes it even worse is that if a fan knows about certain players personal or physical setbacks and heck of him about that, Like I don't know if this fan knew about could tell Marte's personal life with his mother.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna mention.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like people, yeah, like people make like like your mom jokes all the time, Like younger kids they say, oh your mom, Like like when you're mill spots, you say, oh your mom, Like we would make your mom jokes all the time, so maybe that was the case. I hope it wasn't the alternative where he knew about what happened and still made that joke. Like there was an incident in Cleveland earlier this year about uh, Jared duran I guess they were doing a behind the scenes kind of deal on the Red Sox and they had Jared Durant talking about like his personal set back, so he had some battles with depression and even at one point admitted to a suicide attempt, and you had a fan make a make a joke about that, Like that's just one of those things where it's just like that just crosses the line.
Speaker 1: Right, and then hey there's one.
Speaker 4: There's literally, as we were planning to discuss this tonight, Red Sox picture is getting harassing decent. I saw his wife is sharing fans threatening messages.
Speaker 1: Hey, just because the picture that you gambled on doesn't get as many.
Speaker 4: Strikeouts as you hoped he would, doesn't mean you get to go after him and his family like.
Speaker 1: Fans gambling whatever it is, be better. This is just ridiculous. I dare y'all to come after me. Dare y'all to come after me. I ain't playing. That's ridiculou.
Speaker 3: I mean I got into it with with some of my own fans at a game where we're at a Bills game. I was at a Bills game here Lincoln Financial Field with my uncle and it was like coming down and I didn't take my hat off as as it was sleeting rain. I'm like, I'm bundled up. I'm like, dude, I already got a cold. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit there and get get my my hair and my head wet and then sit there and have a further call. I got a I got a job to go to this week, and I'm trying to get back to work. Like you can. You can f right off, Like I'm still sitting there like singing the Nationalrath with my hand hand on my My uncle who was who was who was a military memory got up in dude's face.
Speaker 2: He's like, I freaking served. I don't have a problem with in Northern neither shr you are? Are you the hat police? So we all have to have to have to find that line and just be better.
Speaker 3: Like there's certain things that are that are worth going after there's certain things that that that that you can do. You you don't have to police everybody. But in this situation, this this what just happened. And I agree, I don't think he knew.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I honestly don't think this kid knew. You don't look like somebody that was just searching up only oh you.
Speaker 2: Know his mom passed away. Let's just try to hook a him with that.
Speaker 3: I just say, he was a stupid kid who made a stupid statement, and he's privately gonna regret it most of his life because he's never going back.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, I think it's Yeah, it's pretty clear. Like like if you want to, yeah, you can say you suck or whatnot, or you're a bum, you're overrated, or if you want a bulliard team when they don't play well, you want to say the coach needs to be fired or whatnot. Yeah, it's fine, it's normal, but it's just the personal stuff is like that's just not called for. Like again, as Southern Fries said, these guys are people too, and you know you you wouldn't want someone else, some complete stranger to come up to you and talk about you and talk about your family and whatnot. So what gives you the right to do it right?
Speaker 4: And and that's the last thing that I think we should say about it is the Internet has given way too many people the confidence to.
Speaker 1: Be able to say things in real life and not get in the face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I've seen some I've seen some other parts as we'll seeing things like fantasy sports. In the sports betting, they have a rule.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah it does, that's but yeah, it's just an excuse to me.
Speaker 3: But as we're down to the last ten minutes, Uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna first send it down to to uh the Southern five gentlemen, because uh, there's a there's a wrap up segment. We always do what's going on in your town? So UH send it to you, mister Wright.
Speaker 4: Alrighty, in my town, I already told y'all my game Cock basketball player first one drafted in the first round since two thousand and six, and he made the whole fan base hate him already by saying the word that rhymes with duck. So in my town, we're just always trying to make up for the game Cocks shortcomings.
Speaker 1: And so make sure to hit like, follow, share, subscribe, on Southern Front Sports South Florida Tribune and y'all be blessed, not stressed, and Samir, I will pass it to you.
Speaker 5: So pretty quiet on the Falcons front. We are basically in the dead period regarding NFL news and content before training camp kicks off in late July Atlanta Hawks. This might be the best forty eight hour stretch of Hawks basketball in a while. Anti Slak gets promoted to general manager. He's bringing in some of his own guys from in the scouting apartment from New Orleans. In Philadelphia, we make that trade for Chris tops Porzinkis. It is a low risk, high reward kind of deal where you get off You offload two bad contracts and Terrence Man and George Niang you trade that, you trade one of your You trade a twenty second overall pick in the NBA Draft to the Brooklyn Nets as a part of that three team deal, and in return, you get a seven footer that can average almost twenty and can shoot damn near Fort Downtown. And the reason why I say it's a low risk, ky reward there are some injury concerns with Porzinkis, but there is one year left on his deal. So if he gets hurt or doesn't play well, doesn't work out for one way or another, not only did you not give up anything, but you are not tied to a bad contract. As I mentioned earlier, with him, he brings some of what we've been missing, some size and some veteran leadership with championship pedigree. Who's been on winning teams, who's contributed to championship teams. And then they finally got it right on draft night, or hopefully they continue that trend of getting it right on draft night with the drafting of zacharysche first overall, but they do trade back. They rob the Pelicans for the second straight off season, getting a nonprotected first, which I don't which I think is going to be very high because the Pelicans are gonna be all that good next year. You follow the footsteps of the Atlanta Falcons taking a Georgia Bulldog in the first round Jalen Walker in April, Ason Newel in June. Asonule notably was born in Atlanta, grew up a Hawks fan, had a Kyle Corver jersey, so it's a homecoming for of sorts for him. Uh And now with these Atlanta Braves, they follow up a sweep of the New York Mets last week at Truis Park by losing a series in Miami to the Marlins. Chris Sale fractures his rib diving after a ball and the team was up five to nothing in the top of the ninth. Why Brian Snicker had him out there when he was over one hundred pitches a team is up by five, I don't know. You take the first two in Queens against a Mets team that before yesterday had lost ten of their last lefe they go and lose seven to three. Diddy or foyints, the twenty year old pitching prospect. He's got the arm, he's got the potential, but unfortunately he's just not ready for the majors yet. He was unfortunately called up due to sales injury. Great job, double A not adding some starting pitching this past offseason, and another frustrating night for them tonight as they lose for nothing. Griffin Canning, who by the way, was non tendered by the Braves Is, was having a pretty good season for the Mets. Towards Achilles. I believe in the third or fourth inning, Braves couldn't touch the Mets bullpen Grant Holmes did his best to keep the team in the game, but it's just a continuation of what has just been another frustrating scene. Austin Riley, what are we doing here? The largest contract in Braves history, striking out at a very high rate. In a recent chart, was graded as one of the least clutch players in all of baseball. And if you watch the Braves that that comes as no surprise. It seems virtually whenever it's a high leverage moment or we've got runners on with two outs, you know, nothing, we get nothing from him. And but then when we'll be down six to nothing in the eighth and we'll hit a home run. But whatever Michael Harris. I heard earlier today on the radio that Michael Harris has not drawn a walk since May tenth or early May. It's almost July. And it just seems like every at bat's almost the same. He's swinging at pitches that are closer to reaching the other team's look out then they already reaching the plate. Uh, Ozzie Albies just another guy who's underperforming. It's just but if you're a Braves fan, it's another day at the office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were cooking there at the end. At the end here, brother, I wanted to want to let you get get your time and uh as we're down to the last minute or so, let everyone know where to follow you, where to keep up with with what you're doing.
Speaker 5: You can follow me on Twitter at You can follow me on Twitter at at L Underscore Samir twenty four to one. I'm gonna be posting some clips on my YouTube page as well, which I've recently started up, and you can find me on fire Up and you can also find me hopefully on Inside the Pigskin.
Speaker 3: We're definitely looking forward having you there. I'll let I'll let Scotty know, you know, we had a good one. Make sure he he comes back and listens to this episode when he gets back. But down to the last two minutes or so. Final thoughts JD before I wrap.
Speaker 4: This one up, brother, fans, be better players, be better gamblers, stop gambling, and if you're sick, stop being sick. I just want everybody to be happy. I want everybody be kind. I want everybody to be blessed, not stressed. And last words are Bang Bang Southern Flag Gang.
Speaker 3: All right, Bang Bank Southern Flag Gang.
Speaker 2: Other than that, make sure you guys are locked in, make sure you subscribe.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a fun interview that this weekend with one of the one of the co main events for BKFC Fight Night here in Philly. That'll be taking Taking taking it down to twenty eight hundred the Arena and the end of July, So make sure you guys are locked in. It's gonna have a lot of a lot of fun interviews coming on next Monday. Former Phillies pitcher Pat Combs is gonna be joining us. Appreciate everyone in the chat room, Appreciate all the love folk that that we get from everyone Other than that, I'm Steve, that's JD, That's that's Samir.
Speaker 2: You can catch us here on the Florida Sports Tribune Media Network. Catch you in the Rebound Guys, p S.