Speaker 1: Your friends, KT, Christina and old curmudgeon skin Way gotcha on lock. Thanks for hanging out with us today. I am excited for this music segment we're going to get into. It's a two parter. We're going to get into it at five point thirty five. It's a great KT fun tweets creation and it involves the alphabet, your favorite bands, and your musical brain. So don't go anywhere. We got that on tap now right now. If you're paying attention to the sports world, you're seeing the Oklahoma City Thunder are waiting for the Indiana Pacers, who they will likely play in the Western Conference Finals. But man, the Dallas Mavericks got so lucky on getting the number one pick when they had a one point eight percent chance of getting it that I'm watching these playoffs KT, and I'm serious. If they have good health next year, I don't see any reason why the Mavericks can't be back in a title next year. They're going to add because what you need to remember is remember the Houston Rockets game this year where Anthony Davis got hurt, But just remember how good they looked, and there's a chance that that exact team can be ready to rock in May or you know, late April of next year. Also adding Cooper Flag the number one pick who could start for.
Speaker 2: Most teams playoff time.
Speaker 1: See, that's what you're going to say, we'll be back in playoff time now. The other component of this is that the Mavericks are likely going to add another player, a quote unquote veteran point guard. They're going to make some other moves. We don't know what it is yet, but you've been following this and seeing it out there in the world, and there's some names worth talking about. Well, yeah, Mark Stein's the first one to kind of throw out a few names.
Speaker 2: Again, he's just you know, yeah, he's just throwing some things out there.
Speaker 1: And let's just say, if you don't know Mark Stein, Hall of Fame, NBA writer, reporter, and he is not an opinion maker.
Speaker 2: No, he is a reporter.
Speaker 1: So if he's saying something, that means there's credible people that are suggesting this to him.
Speaker 2: That's why it's different than Steven A. Smith going I think he's a joker.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not that it's hey man, I'm talking to people and this is what I'm here, And he said Chris Paul is a name to monitor for the Mavericks. That was the very first name I threw out when they got the number one month ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the very first name I thought of and did.
Speaker 1: This does work in tandem with the report that you know it's probably not going to return to the Spurs.
Speaker 2: He's forty. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: You go to look at the Vegas odds and they're like, oh, yeah, there's the Dallas Mavericks the number one team for Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: You know, the Clippers are on. There's a couple other teams.
Speaker 1: I because once Wimby Victor wimbin Yama, their old Universe player, once he was out for the year and they had made the darn Fox trade and then Daron Fox got hurt. I kind of stopped paying attention to them. Yeah, and then the Mavericks played them late in the year and these back to back games, and I went and did one of the games. And when we played them, Chris Paul was on a stretch where he was hitting like eighty percent of his threes over the previous five games. So what you're talking about, Alright, he's forty. You're not talking about leaning heavily on someone you're talking about getting a guy that really knows how to play basketball and seeing if you can get twenty minutes a night out.
Speaker 2: Of him to be smart at most, at.
Speaker 1: Most, just be smart and get you to the point where Kyrie comes back and then he's just a part of the rotation. Well, it certainly feels like they will play lineups where maybe Naji Marshall has to be your point guard game or six minutes a game. Did you see the d magazine article our buddy Jake Ken from the Dumb Zone rope? No, he finally came around and decided that he would write about basketball. Okay, not just back yeah, and not just you know, feeling ankst over the Maverick situation.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Nico's still here? Does he know that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what he was writing about, which is something we've talked about. Hey, man, Cooper Flag is your two guard. And it's like, it's really I didn't have anybody tell me this, but I feel like I really know Jason Kidd's tendencies and I know what Cooper Flag is. And we weren't, you know, twenty four hours removed from the lottery, and I was like, dude, if you look at this team. Barring some seismic trade, which I'm I'm a thousand percent entrenched in the camp of I do not want to trade PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington Junior.
Speaker 1: I want him to be a Maverick. I think he fits perfectly. I think if you want to add something, I get it. He's not the guy I'm trying to trade. I think him and Cooper Flag can play side by side one another in three different, completely different lineups and work. So I want to keep him. And the way that Nico and j Kidd want to play defense, they very much matter, right, Like you can play Lively and Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag and PJ. Washington Junior together, and you just mentioned Nausee Nage can be out there with them against certain lineups. If you had Chris Paul that's your starting point guard. Everyone's going, wait, what about Klay Thompson. Yeah, I think this might be time for Clay to start coming off the bench. Yeah, or at the age he's at and still be really good, Like he will matter and there will be times where he's closing games. But you know, at some point, if you want to win a title, you kind of have to accept where you are based on the construction of the team, and Clay may not be there yet, and maybe Clay is out.
Speaker 2: There with the other four guys. We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: But when I look at lineups, man, I'd love to bring Klay Thompson off my bench and I have him just punish second units, give you fifteen a game coming off the bench and be six Man of the Year.
Speaker 2: Be incredible. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: And he part of that might be if he wants to do that or not, or do they think they could get something for him right? You know, people, I think people have just already forgotten that Brandon Williams is on the team. Yeah, and they like Brandon Williams. And Brandon Williams has shown that he can give you twenty minutes a night too. I think so too. I think coming off the bench, think about him and Clay coming off the bench together, that would they would give back up units a lot of problems. And if you don't make another trade, which I think they will. But if you don't make another trade, those two guys coming off the bench with Gafford, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, they're gonna give prebel problems. Xem's here too.
Speaker 1: Still he can they have to re sign him, but I can. They have something called early bird rights. We need to get into him. You can get point guard minutes. Absolutely, and he's a good defender, didn't he He ain't coming back, Eric, Yeah, he's to me, he's your starter to me. Him and Anthony Davis are starting side by side with PJ with PJ Flag and then Nausey or Clay or Chris Paul did the name Malcolm brog didn't make it out there. I didn't see the two names that were floated in his arcle row Lonzo ball play players of mine missile, which I don't have a lot of interesting only because I I just it's' he's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: He's now it is. I'm sorry it sucks for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then uh Drew Holliday, which would be a lot of maneuvering. And I think it's too much money for him at that age. He makes a ton of money. But you know, and uh, everybody talking about the Celtics. You know, hey, the Celtics are gonna get rid of guys. And I was like, oh, I want Derek White. I'm like, man, the Celtics are gonna try to get off of Drew Holiday, because think about this, by the time Tatum is back, Drew Holiday is only be thirty seven making that much money. Yeah, Derek White's only thirty one so and his contract's about to go up.
Speaker 2: But anyways, it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty fun that there's stuff like this to talk about with the Dallas Man.
Speaker 2: I did not seem likely, you know, three weeks ago. Now, Hey, what's coming up in the weekday update.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got some bad news, uh, in terms of business in DFW.
Speaker 2: Man. What a jerk. I'm sorry. We'll do it next