Speaker 1: It was one of the best bits, uh that Demetri Martin never did. It's because at this party of the other this guy with a leather jacket. I was like, man, that's cool. And then it was at this the same party and I saw a guy with a leather vest and I was like, man, that is not cool. And I learned in that moment what true cool really is leather sleeves, and that we'll go out to the uk WA Commas paring a hot lighter. Bring on, Cody Rourke, the owner of many leather sleeves. Cody, how you doing this evening?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I mention leather sleeves, I like, you know, final sleeves. I think that's you know, more appropriate.
Speaker 3: But off the step my name up then, Brian Edwards happy to hear you.
Speaker 1: I have the leather jackets I have. I don't know if I've got, like, I think, a dozen leather jackets or so. When only a few pairs of leather pants, you know, that's what that's a totally different, right, That's it. That's the true Yeah, the leather pants. And I keep those two a minimum. I you know, just when I'm out there imitating Scott's stab or whatever, you know, ross from Friends. Yeah, right, Cody, we got a game coming up to look seminately winnable for the Denver Broncos and the Carol lot of Panthers, and you don't want to look past anything. But at the same time, by the same token, this figures to be something that they could potentially even rest players for given the three game stretch that will succeed this Panthers game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, you know, talking to guys in the locker room, you know, they're certainly not looking past anybody. You know, it is any given Sunday, And I think that a team like Carolina, as bad as they're playing, with all the stuff that they got going against them right now, there's a little dangerous. And obviously, with Bryce Young getting a chance to get back in the starting line up, for him, it's an audition to say, hey, like, you know what, if it's not going to be here, let me make my case to maybe end up somewhere else. And certainly this could be a game you come out and you get off to a hot start against one of the NFL's top passing defense is one of the top defenses in the league, right now certainly could change that conversation, So definitely you can't overlook them. But I mean you're right the upcoming stretch that's that's coming up here after Carolina, I mean, two straight games on the road Mountain time kickoffs, one against Baltimore, one against Kansas City, and then obviously you're going to come back and host the Atlanta Falcons, a former friend Justin Simmons's three games stretch right there, and well, it's not going to be easy, but definitely you want to go into that Baltimore game hive and three instead of four and four.
Speaker 3: I think only on that day will he be a former friend Justin Simmons. I think he's still very much a friend of Broncos country. But Cody the one thing that we've seen this year to this point, it's only been a couple of times, but against lesser teams, and it was certainly a JV unit that they saw in New Orleans as well as as banged up with the Raiders. The Raiders were, plus the Devonte Adams drama. That this Broncos team took care of business and one effectively and was able to get off the field and obviously make plays on defense to help propel things. So what do you think has changed this year? Because the same coaching staff and all that, obviously a different quarterback, what has changed in general about this team that's allowed them to win easily in the couple of games where they should have won easily because in the past that hasn't always been the case. I guess say, for well, yeah, and let's look last year at the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think I think a great example. I think there has been a little bit of a transformation inside the team culture. And you know, you've got new voices that have emerged this season and obvious need some surprises. And I think if we all would have said when the off season happened, after the team released Justin Simmons and you know, we're like, okay, hey, now they're fully embracing the rebuild here, if you would have said that, hey, defensively, they're going to be even better next year than they are right now, I think we would have been skeptical saying, Okay, how's that going to be the case, because there are so many questions who's going to be the corner opposite of Patzertan. You know what, what's never going to do to address the front seven. I think the additions they've made Malcolm Coach has been huge. I think John Franklin Myers, I mean how they got him from New York, has been a complete still this season, and obviously got John Cooper played well. Nick Bonito really once again picking up on the strong pace he kind of played with last year here. Now he's starting, he's emerging that role, even with the return of Baron Browning. I just think that this team's mentality is different. You had, you know, a lot of young guys here that you don't want to continue to play here in Denver. But more important is another you're an assistem more comfortability, and now you have guys that can maybe do a little bit more. You got a secondary that can play more a Manda Man coverage, the where you can send more crushers. I mean, you're gonna get to the point, like it's so fun right now when you're watching them. They even got Malcolm Roaches dropping back into coverage from playing a three technique sometimes, so there it just seems like a different vibe with this team, of different energy and what is it. John Bruden on his YouTube channel said that you know he called the defense the anonymous crush because you never know who's going to step up this week and make plays. I think that this team's got a lot of anonymous donors because everyone's contributing, and I think that's definitely a promising sign to see.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the interesting things coming up here is how you keep this assembledg of talent together. You got two edge rushers do up for contract, John Cooper, Baron Browning. It feels like there's an odd man out with Nick Benito still in a rookie deal in drafting of Joan Allis.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll be able to keep both?
Speaker 4: And if you don't, which of the two Ohio State products are you letting go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's a tough one. I mean I like both John to Cooper and Baron Brunn and obviously playing the high level right now, and he's kind of main a Nesson's taken on the starting job last year. I think he's been one of the areas he wanted to work on. Is obviously maintaining edge contain a little bit more appointed well against the run Nick than Needle as well. I mean, going to Jonathan Cooper is playing I mean, he's the guy that, right now you got to play. And I think the only thing that's working as a negative right now against Aaron Browning is the fact that availability the last couple of years has been dealing with injuries and some things that have just been kind of unfortunate out of the move for him. I'd say more pressure is probably him than it is Jonathan Cooper. And look, maybe there is a situation where George Payton says, hey, we're going to keep you all here and we're going to have an extensive rotation. Then you have Drew Sanders said to return at some point from Hitpotilles injury. So I mean, how does that rotation work in that room? Obviously Dondre Tillman's on active roster right now, but I just think the vision of his team is trying to it's still being painted in terms of the personnel where they're planning to go. It's not just about to compete next year. They want to win some games this year. They want to change the narrative a little bit. So I think that's a good expectation to have. But I think that right now, Johnathan Cooper's probably been a one guy. It's probably more in line right now to get a contract.
Speaker 3: Do you see a scenario where because Baron Browning and you were standing there just like I was Cody when we asked him about his goals, he said, I just want to play seventeen games. Obviously that isn't going to happen this year that you're gonna pay Cooper, you know, probably not top flight money. I guess Benito gets interesting the morning, racks up sacks terns what you're gonna have to pay him just because of the market, but where they have Cooper and Browning back, because Browning's gonna have to sign either a one year deal or a three year eighteen million, you know, or something that's a little more reasonable because he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, I could see that being a possibility. And look, I know, I know the Bronco was like Baron Browning. I know Sean Payton likes Baron Browning. He's taking on a little bit more of a bigger leadership all the year. Like Barren's always been kind of this quiet guy, you know, kind of to himself, leads by example, but it's kind of taken on a little bit more of that role. I think in his offseason. According to Peyton when we spoke to him at OTAs, I mean Baron in a position where yet you know, maybe you do get a proved deal. You know, those are popular right now in today's game, and obviously we're looking at the different depreciation values of several positions. We're seeing it now coming back, We're seeing it now and I think more recently with the safety position. Path rusher is always a premium right now, and you know you have to find a way to get to a quarterback. I mean Sean Payton talked about it today how important it is for them to disrupt the quarterback or to disrupt the pocket, and I think that's just a big key there, and you have to have in ways because injuries do happen unfortunately. You see a lot of it at the edge rusher position. So yeah, I mean, Baron's just in a position now where hey, if there is an injury, he's back from the starting lineup. But obviously your I see the future. Jonah Ellis has been very impressive, Andre Tillman has been impressive, and obviously still Drew Sanders, so I could see a proved deal for him on a one year and I could see a three year one for Cooper. I think it's probably more realistic one that we do see would Roarc Cody.
Speaker 1: It's you know, we talked about the edge rushers there and what they're gonna have to do. So trade deadline approaching, I don't think that the Broncos are going to be hyperactive with the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: I think if the right tight end came available at the right price, then then maybe you make a move there.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't really feel like buyers are sellers at the trade deadline. You see anything different out there?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 2: I think the vibe is that Denver and Sean kind of hit it as well. I mean, he made the whole homecoming reference. There's feelers the teams put out. I'm sure teams are going to call Denver. I'm sure San Francisco may even called Denver about Courtland Sutton that could have possibly had on the Brandon and Iyu's thing. But I would say that I don't think that Denver's going to be serious movers at this point. I mean even last year when they were where they were at the trade deadline, considering their record and the struggles that they had they still decided not become sellers. They decided a hold on hold firm. And then you know, you go on a little bit of a run. You have some different development storylines, some young guys emerging there. You get a little bit more of a clear picture because they were Champagne's first year and now it's going to say, hey, this is the type of ross I can work with. These are the guys I can work with. These are the guys that I'm not going to be able to work with. I don't see Denver doing it. And the question, to everyone's wondering, you know, is tight end? The issue I think that we have with that position is, of course never right now is one of the lowest targeted tight end groups in the NFL in comparison to everybody else. Is adding a guy? Who is the right guy? What does the right guy look like? You know, I think people throwing out David and Joki or the Browns want to part with him to AFC West, I mean an AFC rival. Maybe maybe not, but also it's the acclamation, Okay, can a new guy come in and learn a Sean Payton offense that you know, we all know can be complex at times how much of that is going to impact because you signed a guy in the off season who you know has got some flash to him, and obviously six foot eight Donald Parum Junior hadn't been called up yet, So Denver group of a spark at tight end. It seems that they're really trying to roll with Lucas Croles that receiving option while still going with heavy run support with Adam Shoutman and Nate Adkins. I think they're content with what they have right now, and free agency is probab gonna be where they're probably the most active.
Speaker 3: As I was looking at possible tight ends other than Parum, who you would like to see maybe get some run or just get the ball to Lucas Croll when he's open. The names that popped into my head and I want to go look at his contract. With where things are headed, I get the Jags had a nice pig win the other day. Why not at least call on having Ingram. He's already got the bolk of his money on his new deal up front, and it's a three year, forty one million dollar deal from Jacksonville, so you're paying whatever is left of this year and then you could actually even get out if you wanted to. But if not, you're paying him sixteen million next year, which might be a lot, but they're going a lot more room. Is that an Ingram name that does anything for you? That might be even easier to get than the Joku?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like Ingram probably fits the definition of that joker type role more so than I think you know, David and Joku would. And look, obviously that position is a ball for Sean over the years. You know was take some one year album Kamara. You know, different guys, different skill sets. Reggie Bush, usually the tailback has a little bit more of a perplexed role, and now Denver just doesn't have that. And I also think the challenge, especially people say, well, you know, look a look at the NFL draft and try to get a college sight end. The problem with that, a lot of these tight ends never play in line with their hand in the dirt anymore, so they might as well just become receivers. That's really what Greg Dolsich was doing at the first part of the season. They tried to around some motion plays to you know, kick out some guys, and that's where he shows he's struggled in the blocking department, and that's why he's not there right now, so he's not getting playing time unfortunately. So you go with the guy like Lucas Cool who can walk. He's a bigger body, but he's also you know, an athletic receiver type that can help things out. Evan Ingram would be I think a nice addition alongside a guy like Kroll. If you're talking about getting into two receiving tight end sets, I mean, I would like that. Is Jacksonville willing to do that right now? Maybe? Maybe not. That is one of the hardest teams right now to read, especially after they gave Trevor Lawrence, you know, a mega contract there. He needs weapons, you know, you need to be able to do that. And obviously they got a little bit of an emergency with paying Biggs be on the ground in terms of their run game, but you need obviously receiving talent there. I don't think they have the best right now, and Jacksonville Evan Ingram might be their best.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the run game, the Broncos largely been successful when they commit to the ground game, largely been unsuccessful when they've not done that thus far.
Speaker 1: Can we expect Sean.
Speaker 4: Payton to put aside his base or instincts and continue to run, ground and pound with a football team that's frankly designed for it at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's an emphasis there.
Speaker 1: I think the herd.
Speaker 2: Balance with Sean, just from looking at it is, obviously you have a quarterback who you know can build the ball. I think when when Bow's feet are set and there's a clean pocket at times like I'm not worry as much about Bo's rip or delivery. It's a you know, when you have a false sense of pressure at times, or when there is pressure, you know, sometimes your mechanics away from me. Obviously, Sean talked about some of the things that they coach obviously the quarterbacks on in terms of footwork, mirroring it with the routes. I think the run game is their identity. And look, it's nice to see Javonte rattling off some big runs. Joel McLaughlin almost brook one for a touchdown against New Orleans. Good, good speed, change of plays. And it also Denver's blocking is, you know, on the perimeter with the receivers. The tight end has been good, the offensive line is coming off. I think they're best overall game this season, it's just trying to find consistency there because against the charters, they would have one or two plays where something could have opened up, but one miss block led to a tackle for a loss or a guy leaking through and making the play bounce to the outside. I think it's just consistency factor there. But this team, I think Ben and obviously DK, I think the offense will open up more if the run game is the emphasis for them, and then you don't necessarily have to put so much in a rookie quarterback to go out there and make a lot of players, which he's making right now. I think we're very pleased with what Bo's at. You want to find some more consistency in some areas, but the run game I think is the identity of this team and it'll make everything easier for both in the offense.
Speaker 1: Tody Rarc, we appreciate you as always, brothers, take care, appreciate you guys have going absolutely Cody Rock byl Sports