Speaker 1: Driven and I first one to one of hook casts.
Speaker 2: Partly cloudy day to day, maybe some isolated showers of storms. They are possible seventy seven for the high, down.
Speaker 1: To forty nine over night.
Speaker 2: Skies will be clear for the lunar of cliffs if you're up at three am. Mostly cloudy Friday, eighty one for the high and then it's sixty one overnight low and it all.
Speaker 1: Hits On Saturday. The rain rolls in.
Speaker 2: We're noy have maybe one to two inches of rain and some gusty winds as well. Saturday's high seventy three forty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for.
Speaker 3: A traffic update from the uc UP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you'd see health dot com.
Speaker 3: Crewise continue to work with a rat co on sapbound seventy five s RAM to Sunday left side and on Hamilton Scipio near a weaver. I'm seeing some slow traffic eastbound two seventy five near the New Richmond exit due to road work that's being done right mains blocked Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: At seven thirty one on a Thursday slash Friday eve. Any day is a good day to have Donald O'Neil on for Americans for prosperity, doing the great work here in the State of how to write the ship and make it a good place to live and get the right policies in place. Welcome back, Donald and o'nil. It's a pleasure to have you on again.
Speaker 4: It's good to be here.
Speaker 2: State of the State last night, highlighting what Governor Dowy wants to accomplish, and I guess what he has accomplished. He noted there are more to eighty one thousand private sector jobs have been added, which is a great thing. Couple of businesses he highlighted. He had some I think some excellent points on education, like notably phonics, bringing back phonics and getting cell phones out of schools, which I guess the state law is going to require that school districts have an anti cell phone policy in place at least by July of this year. That can only do good for the students who are so distracted these days. What was your take on the state of the state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: Once again, you know, it's an opportunity to kind of reflect on the accomplishments over the last two years, set some priorities for the legislature as they you know, are getting to the halfway.
Speaker 4: Point in that in that process.
Speaker 5: And you know what I think we saw from Governor one on this was he's focused on pointing to the right issues, right education, families, workforce, jobs, opportunity. What we have to caution though, Brian, as you as you well know, and I've been on the show many times talking about it, is what government's role is in those things and making sure that we're you know, what we're doing for creating an environment where folks can thrive and succeed and we can be the number one state of the nation, but doing it through freedom and limited government. So that's always the thing you got to be listening out for all in these speeches is wait, what what what are what is the executive asking for now? What kind of power they asking for from the legislature as they talk about these priorities and initiatives.
Speaker 2: Well, some of the things are like common sense, like bringing more Civics education, in teaching the basic life skills, I remember a home economics class. I thought that was great, But budgeting things like that, that isn't that local school board based decision making and built the school boards to make those determinations.
Speaker 5: Well, I think minderstanding is you've got a lot of different requirements coming from the state and the federal government. I think what we should be doing, yeah, is prioritizing some of those things and then also making sure when we're talking about education, we're really focused on the stuff that are going to set folks up for success. Right the core essentials reading, writing, arithmetic, which I know Governor de Wines put a heavy emphasis on making sure students are equipped to read, and we've got some good indicators of that. But yeah, life skills like budgeting, I think that's really important in making sure folks understand how to live their lives.
Speaker 4: They once they get out of school.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 2: Judge, just ask well, are elected officials take those classes first? Budgeting most notably Strecker You correct me, Now, you did a poll the folks reaction on the state of the state.
Speaker 1: I understand, well, this was a pre state of the state pole.
Speaker 5: We wanted to get our finger on the polls where Ohio voters are, so we could kind of, you know, deliver that map. We want to deliver that message to the legislation and say, hey, here's what you're hearing from Governor, here's what you're you know, you guys are talking about, how does the lineup with actually where voters are and what they want to see y'all do with the two hundred and eleven billion dollars you're going to be spending over the next two years.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll let that set up for the next segment where we'll see if Dwine's comments in the state of the state align with what Air Americans for Prosperity polls said that folks want. That's a great I like the order of things along those lines. We'll see, we'll see how that went. We'll pause for a moment. It's seven thirty five right now, so I can mention and strongly encourage you to get in touch with Bud Herbert Motors, family owned and operator. You will be working with one of the proud family owned and operated Bud Herbert Motors family members, even at this more than seventy five years, so you got their pride on the line. They know everything, they know. There is to know about the products they sell. And we're talking about lawn equipment here. John Deere Tractors, they have the compact utility tractors as well. John Deer makes great ones, x Mark mowers, stealing Honda power equipment. Only the best brands out there. They service everything they sell. They'll deliver to you so you don't have to have a truck or borrow one or throw it in the back of the trucks. You're like I did when I did that terrible experience of the box store. So ignore the box stores. You're not working with a family member. I don't think they care a whit about you and what you buy, and they don't know as much or couldn't possibly know as much about what they're selling. That's why you rely on the great folks at Bud Herbert Motors, superior customer service and the best lawn equipment out there to learn more and find the equipment they offer and take a look at it. Bud Herbertmotors dot com, Bud Hebertmotors dot com and tell them. Brian said, how many give them a call when you're talking one of the Herbert family members at five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one, five one three five four one thirty two.
Speaker 1: Ninety one fifty five.
Speaker 2: KRC Senna nine says we got a well partly cloudy day to day along with some isolated showers and storms. Possible seventy seven for the high, clear skies for the lunar eclipse overnight, forty nine for the low going all the way up to eighty one tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies sixty one overnight, and the rain kicks in on Saturday, and I guess in earnest they're expecting maybe one to two inches of rain along with gusty wins possible seventy three to high on Saturday. It's forty four Right now, it's time for a traffic updates chuck from.
Speaker 3: The uc ON Traffic Center. Right it comes to stroke. Every second counts. That's why I think U SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's the clear choice from wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at u seehelp dot com. South Bend seventy five continues to build through Blackland. There's also an accident in the cleanup stages on the ramp to Sunday. North Bend seventy five PROBAK flights out of Urbine. You're into downtown. Slow traffic eastbound two seventy five near the New Richmond exit. Construction blocks the right lane. Now an accident on the left shoulder. Chuck Ing from on fifty five k See the talk station seven here fifty five KRCD talk station. A very happy Thursday to you, Senator Bill Blessing. At the top of the ur news talk about property taxes, which we all are upset about. In the meantime, Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity talking about the state of the state. So you did a poll in advance of the state of the state, and as I gravitated to some of the comments that Governor to I mentioned about education, which appealed to me. Apparently addressing education was one of the right things to do because that was really important to the folks you polled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, over over seventy five percent of Ohio voters said that they want and it's a very or extremely important combined to address education here in the state of Ohio. And I think we you know, something that we had seen coming out of COVID, right, his parents were better connect with their kids' education or saw their.
Speaker 1: Kids not being educated because they shut the school down.
Speaker 5: This continues to be an issue that folks want to see a result.
Speaker 4: And I think you've got a mix of folks who care about.
Speaker 5: It from the academic and what we're being taught perspective right in choice. But then you've also got it, I think from the folks who want to know they're getting value and the talking about property taxes, the property taxes they're paying to go to fund the schools and education. And so we really hope all makers pay attention here and work to address some of those challenges of which we also had voters care about in terms of education flexibility.
Speaker 2: Brian, Yeah, And I don't know did Governor to Wine say anything about that school choice, flexibility, options for parents to send their children.
Speaker 1: Not that I caught.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately last State of the State he did, and that actually really helped supercharge the conversation. So I didn't catch anything like that in his comments yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, that seems a lost opportunity because I think, you know, education choice I think resonates with people of all political stripes, and unless you remember the teachers unit and think your job's at stake or something, you know, if you are a state that offers this that is a magnet for families considering places to live. It's just one more, you know, piece of the puzzle to make Ohio an in demand state as opposed to something that's completely overlooked.
Speaker 5: Oh totally, and that's why Yes, So sixty eight percent of the voters we pulled on this question support education flexibility. And what that means, right, is it's not just money following the child. It's the ability to go to the school that's going to best meet that kids needs. Are access to the resources that's going to help, you know, maybe close a learning loss gap that the child might have. And so increasing policy passing policies that are going to increase education flexibility are incredibly critical and it's something that voters are wanting.
Speaker 2: And I think something else I don't think he addressed, but it's energy prices, folks a little upset about energy and energy policy is a prioritization.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've met anybody for a while Brian who has said, boy, I'm really happy about these low energy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know going through the roof. So no surprise is there.
Speaker 5: But what I think was insightful because we wanted to kind of understand where folks want to see the legislature take things. Sixty percent of voters say the government's number one priority should be ensuring affordable and reliable energy, even if it may slow the pace of renewable energy development. So we're opposed to renewable energy, right, But the signal is we got to unleash energy abundance here and not just in the country, but particularly here in state Ohio. We got an abundance of resources, abundant's opportunity, and that's what two thirds of voters want to see happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I died. I'm glad Donald trumpson.
Speaker 2: I guess you probably saw the EPA has got has moved away from this Green New Deal garbage and going back to more sensible Donald Trump, you know all of the above energy strategy, and you know, and that's another thing. Ohio could be the leader of nuclear power. I mean, we just need to get rid of the regulatory overburdens and the impediments to nuclear energy, embrace this modern nuclear power generation technology, the modular nuclear plans. I mean, we could be a real leader and another magnet for artificial intelligence to come here because that's the that's the key to drawing AI facilities and the jobs that they have, oh without a doubt, and.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately there are are already legislative vehicles. There have been many hearings talking about just that. And it's not what we typically see, right, which are subsidies are picking winners and losers in the energy marketplace. The policies we're seeing Center Bill two, House Bill fifteen, those are focused on speeding up in many ways, speeding up the permitting process so that if somebody's got an energy project and energy generation project they want to get off the ground, they're going to know they're going to have an answer to it and not just go into a black hole like they often do, you know, on the federal level as they work through these things.
Speaker 2: Well, since they'll be talking about property tax relief coming up after top of the our news with Senator Blessing, I see that's a big concern for Ohioans because everybody's upset about the size of their property tax bill. At least the corner of your survey. It's a big priority, it is.
Speaker 5: We've got sixty five percent of folks say property taxes are too high. Again, not in the realm of big surprises here, right, folks are paying a lot and they they're they're they're starting to feel the pain and the pinch. What I think was especially insightful, though, was that they want to see lawmakers focus on And there's really kind of two competing tracks that we're seeing here at the State House's legislative proposals come in. One is providing you know, what I would deter what I would call temporary relief.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, let's let's.
Speaker 5: Subsidize it through the state and not in like a lower case subsidized Brian. Right, like, let's have the state, you know, provide some relief to communities with high tax burdens that sort of weather's storm, or let's provide some more exemptions to particular groups or populations. But what voters want to see actually is long term structural changes. And so I think, you know, reforms that will address the twenty mil floor or will get to you know, making sure that folks have transparency in you know, what sorts of levees have, what impact on their property tax bill. Those kinds of policies I think voters are going to reward next November if wallmakers get to get to work on addressing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know there's a lot of seniors out there that were just shocked and dismay and really concerned about their ability to stay in the places they've been in for a long time. You know, the properties have all increased in value dramatically on the heels of COVID and the demand, and you know they just can't manage. So relief for seniors seems to be a top priority, and I think mister Blessing is going to be addressing that in some part after the top of the air news I got a big chuckle out of no phanomi of tax dollars being used to support sporting organizations. You have, you did a pull on the taxpayer funding for the new Cleveland brown Stadium.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at that one.
Speaker 5: Eighty percent, right, eighty percent.
Speaker 4: And this isn't just Cincinnati, by the way, this wasn't a poll we just.
Speaker 5: Ran in Southwestal House. These aren't Bengals fans, you know, dogging on the team up north. That is uh, this is you know, across the state of Ohio. And I think that's right right. You know, folks uh don't want to see their panheigh property taxes or paying more on energy bills. The last thing they want to see their tax dollars going to or new taxes being opposed on them to pay for our stadium deals for you know, over five billion dollar infl franchises. I don't think we need to be doing that, and the voters seem to feel the same way. So I think there's been a lot of.
Speaker 4: Cold water doused on some of the governor's proposals around funding stadium, the Cleveland Brown Stadium deal, and I'd be curious to see how that made be what maneuvers they take now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a growing number of people just are I think we've all learned a lesson from the pay Corpse stadium and they always described as the worst stadium deal negotiated in the entire country.
Speaker 1: We've been living with that for a long time.
Speaker 2: And now they got their hand in the public funds cookie jar to do some expansions and some improvements that we're all going to be on the hook on thanks to the terrible deal we dealt. So anyhow, eighty percent a pose and again we're talking about a two point four billion dollars stadium they're considering That just seems outrageous, man. But I always thought the way of the future was sitting in your own basement watching it on a giant screen TV and not paying twelve dollars to fifteen dollars for a beer.
Speaker 5: Donovan s Well, you know, I like that front row seat as well, so it's fun to go to a game.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's a pricey endeavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but each their own, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well, they're built for the wealthy among us, and that's part of the redevelopment plan for pay Corps. The But you know, new boxes and high end boxes in there that none of us will ever see the inside of. Any call to action for my listeners from Americans for Prosperity, how they can help out and do the work that you want them to help out doing their Donovan.
Speaker 5: Well, as always go to Buckeye blueprint dot com.
Speaker 1: You go to Buckeye blueprint dot com.
Speaker 4: You could sign up take action.
Speaker 5: Only got a handful of different policy issues that you can send a quick note to your state representative, state senator on. But in particular that'll also give us. They'll also flag for us to have our team reach out to you. We've got folks coming to the State House every week, Brian.
Speaker 1: Every week.
Speaker 5: For the last couple of weeks now, groups of folks from across the state have been coming to the State House, going to committee hearings, meeting with legislators. It all started the one small step they took, Brian was going to Buckeye Blueprint dot Com and take an action that gets our team to reach out to You.
Speaker 2: Can be a baby step, folks. You don't have to dive in with both feet and spend all of your hours working on these issues. Just every little bit counts, as Donovan has pointed out here on the program, and af team makes it so easy again, Buckeye Blueprint dot Com.
Speaker 1: Donovan and Neil, keep up the great work. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You could be on the show this morning and we'll look forward to having me back on real soon. Thanks as always, Brian, Take care Brother seven fifty to fifty five KRC Detalk Station. It's perfect time to get your chimney inspected woodburners out there. Take advantage of the Chimneycare fireplace and stoves still called the Winter Special, which is a woodburning sweep and evaluation only one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax that's a great value for peace of mind and making sure that your chimney does not catch on fire or doesn't have any water damage.
Speaker 1: You don't know about.
Speaker 2: All kinds of things can happen, and like I say, I always say, get a carbon monoxide detector could save your family's life. But aside from that, keep the fireplace clean and efficient and so you can enjoy the warmth and beauty of it for when those times, for those times when you will be using it, which apparently is not tomorrow, when it's going off to eighty one degrees. Have it swept now while you're not using a perfect time of year, but any time of year is important. Just get it done annually one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. They're a plus with a better business bureau, locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight, the customer service could not be better. Jimmy Kareco dot com to learn more and check out what's offered in the showroom Jimmy Kareco dot com fifty.
Speaker 1: Five k r C.
Speaker 2: I had the worst dream last night.
Speaker 3: You were in a car crash in the