Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the official, and i'd say official, I mean official announcement that our YouTube channel is back online after over a year and a half. We have finally got our act together and we have a team that is actually processing our feed and every week we're gonna have a new subject, a new topic, a new guest on our YouTube channel. So you have to go to YouTube and just punch in Earth Ancients. You'll see the logo, go ahead and click it. We're slowly ramping up. I think we only have about five, maybe six new videos, but we're bringing back the A listers. We're currently editing Graham Hancock. This week's Randall Carlson Randall will be up on Saturday, the twenty six, could be earlier, but we're going back. We have all the greats, Robert Temple, early versions of John, Anthony West, Robert Schock, A listers, all the top people, Chris Donne and so on and so on. So you know, it's been tough, tough. I have to admit I've run into some bad luck. I had a production company in London that was working on our videos. They were purchased by another company and they didn't like our material and so they dropped us, even though we had over one hundred thousand likes and we were rocking it. They didn't like us, and so they dropped us without really any fanfare, any transitional support. And it's funny because when you have somebody editing your work, you got to be really careful who you're working with because they could edit out some important material. So to have a team in place that is kind of understanding of your material, they won't edit out key details, they will make the product better. That is a challenge. And I want to say the team of Face Sale Parves and everyone who works at his company, facil You guys rock and you are a wonderful addition to the earth Ansians family. And I really appreciate you and what you're doing. So when you hear me acknowledge face All at the end of every program, you'll know who I'm talking about. And he happens to be in Pakistan. I'm here in San Francisco, California, and I love that. You know, a few years ago, you know, international trade or international consultants were iffy, but this is part of the growth. This is part of international trade working with other companies and trusting that they'll do a good job. And I got to tell you, Fasil has done a wonderful job. I trust him implicitly, and he is so talented. We're going to do the best of Graham Hancock, the best of Randall Carlson. We're gonna do see some of these best of because remember Earth Ancients was launched in twenty fourteen, in the infancy, or I should say during the infancy of podcasting. Now, we didn't start doing the zoom until twenty twenty, and so we won't have anything before twenty twenty. But we all have some fantastic early interviews with some of the most brilliant, brightest and wonderfully and insightful guests that Earth Ancients has had over the years, and we're slowly repopulating these the channel so that you get a sense of the past, you can get a sense of the present, and in some cases we have people that are speaking about the future.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One area that I am still working on is getting Destiny up and running in the manner because we've been recording Destiny around the same amount of time twenty twenty and there are some brilliant people on Destiny, and I consider Destiny our little sister, because it came out of, you know, the work we have done with Earth ancients, and if you really follow Destiny closely, you'll know that it's a wonderful support for Earth ancients. It's a wonderful addition to Earth ancients because in many cases it is about the subtleties of our past. The meditation practice is understanding the physiology, understanding how our ancestors walk the planet and use psychic abilities, understood the energetics of the Earth simply by closing their eyes and being more in touch with nature. And so Destiny is wonderful because we're talking about DMT, we're talking about ayahuasca. When I had Graham Hancock on the program presenting information on Visionary at the time, that was all about ayahuasca and his journeying seventy plus times on ayahuasca. So that's a critical, critical part of the program. So my point is that we're not quite up to speed with Destiny. We are still building a website, but I would like to fully represent the guests with its own YouTube channel. So but we're mostly known, I should say, Cliff Dunning myself, yours truly is known mostly for Earth Ancients, and Earth Ancients is an international phenomenon, and I think it's you know, it's very fitting that we have a new channel, with a new team and with a whole new brand. The introduction, by the way, for people who want to know what the introduction, the music at every at the beginning of very show is it's called Atlantis and it's a studio artist. You can actually look it up and find it. It's called Atlantis by Olive Music. I think it's a French band there, studio artist, and I think you can actually order a copy of it. It's studio music, though there's it's not something you want to play all the time. I took only a few seconds of it. It's running at two minutes forty five seconds, so it kind of repeats itself. It's made for commercials. So if you're really desperate for a copy, send me an email. Send it to Earth Agents the number four of the letter. You a Gmail, and I promise to get it back to you. I'll get you a copy that you can listen to. So there you go. We are officially on YouTube and it's getting it's growing on a daily basis, on a weekly basis, and I will be announcing today's guest is Randall Carlson. He has a ton of visual items including graphs, photographs, and images to promote his talk today, and it's always fun to have Randall. We haven't had Randall on for about a year. He was scheduled to be part of the Cosmic Summit team of guests, but we couldn't get him on quite at the same time, so we are presenting him today and I want to mention that he is talking about some things that are a little different, most notably this turid meteor stream, which I've only learned about recently in the last year, and the fact that Earth passes through this twice a year, twice a year year. And you'll hear that Randall is sounding the alarm for more awareness of this stream because it's likely to have hit once about sixty six million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs and caused it was a terminating event. If there were human like civilizations or groups, they were destroyed, as well as the MegaFon of the big animals, pretty much the dinosaurs too. Everything was destroyed. It was it was terminating. Obviously, there were enough of these early hominin people or beings that we could reboot. But again we went through the stream, this toward media stream again around nine thousand, five hundred BC hundred twelve thousand, seven hundred years ago, and it disturbed. We got nailed with another their asteroid that ended the Younger Driest definitely wiped out a great deal of animal life, and we're gonna learn all about that today and why it's important to be more aware of passing through this and really being prepared, and so we kind of end the show on that on that theme. So today's program is the Great Upheaval, and my guest is Randall Carlson, so he's good at checking. With Randall Carlson. We missed Randall at the Cosmic Summit recently. He was the keynote there. From all indications, he rocked the boat as he always does, and people were just astounded at his material. Today's theme with Randall is the Great Upheaval, and we'll get to exactly what that means shortly. But Randall is a what you can consider a rogue geologist who's traveling the country constantly. And by the way, if you ever want to get a sense of what has happened to our planet, join when Randall's tours are excellent and he goes all over the United States pointing out geological disasters front and center. So hey, Randal, good to see you. Man, how you been.
Speaker 2: I've been bright.
Speaker 1: Good to see you, Cliff fantastic. Hey, how was a cosmic summit? What's your What was your impression?
Speaker 2: My impression is it just overwhelming? You know, don't have it really well? I gave it was in a ninety minute presentation and then on I think that was on Sunday, Saturday, and then Monday I did a three hour workshop for anybody who wanted to take it on.
Speaker 1: Oh you did a special presentation on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did a class. It was like a classroom on sacred geometry.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: So I took people through some of the preliminary drawing exercises.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's funny because George Howard does a good job. He makes sure that everything is streamed and so we have a lot of people that listen to Earth the Ancients from around the world that actually just dial in and capture the streaming. So that's really a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. And you know, the people that come together, there's a broad spectrum of people from hardcore, solid academic scientists. Yeah, all the way to more. I guess you know what you consider a fringe, although what used to be pretty much you know, defined as fringe isn't so fringe anymore. You know, like Graham Hancock says, everything keeps getting older, and you know, there's constantly new discoveries that are hard to keep up with, you know, that are really changing our own understanding of the past. And there's a whole lot more to it than was assumed even a generation or two ago. You know, the human past on planet Earth, and I know you of all people are well aware of this is a little much deeper and much more complex than the textbook versions of prehistory.
Speaker 1: Yet yet archaeologists have a really hard stop when it comes to pre civilization prehistory, and so you're looking at cultures that may have been around prior to what we're going to talk about today, the younger Dreest hypothesis. Before we move on, did you get a chance to see the bell collection of a stone artifacts that he brought with him the vase.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and i'd actually see you those when I visited him in Florida at his Oh, you've actually been okay. Yeah, So he he he had him in a a in a secured room and let me go in there and along with my buddy Mike Robertson, who you know, he's the the who does the how Tube. He was with me, and so he matt led us into the room there and we were able to handle the vases.
Speaker 1: And oh, you actually picked him up. Did you put on some gloves just before you could touch him or what?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't really I yeah, I asked him, you know, when we can, I can I take this vase when we go in to do the interview. Maybe I could have some coffee in here and see, No, I didn't ask him that. So, yeah, it's impressive. I mean they're they're very highly polished, very very accurate, precision made. So I don't know enough about pottery and that side of the thing to have much of an opinion other than the fact it seems to me that you know, people like Ben van Kirkwick and who's the other guy who's been doing a lot of work on there, you know.
Speaker 1: You Mark Young?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mark Young?
Speaker 2: Is it Mark Young?
Speaker 1: Because he has a couple of pieces that he's got years ago and he's presenting him personally.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, do.
Speaker 1: You think they were cut on a lathe Does it look like they are? Definitely sure?
Speaker 2: Does look like it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a machine cut of some kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do look like their precision machine made. I have a hard time understanding how those vases could be made by hand. It's just yeah. But again, I'm not an expert in that. So you know, if I had been looking at lots of pottery, lots of vases and things like that over the years and had a comparison in my mind, I might be able to say, well, yeah, this one's obviously made by hand, and this one is very much more precise. Yeah, but I don't have that level of expertise.
Speaker 1: But I know, I'm just curious because that was kind of a highlight of the conference, and George Howard, the producer, had mentioned it. I was like, I couldn't get myself out there this year because of other commitments, but I really wanted to see those. Hey, let's talk about the great upheaval. This is such a compelling topic. One thing that I didn't realize is that our planet Earth goes through this. I guess it's called torred meteor stream twice yearly, and for the most part the meteors and other solid objects are so small that they burn up an Earth's atmosphere. But it's the feeling, your feeling and a few other people's feelings that during this impact. This is where this terminating meteor came from.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, okay, so a couple of things here. Young, let's some sketch out the broad picture for people listening. The younger driest boundary, I mean, which has been known about for decades but never had a really satisfactory explanation. The more they begin to learn about the younger Dryest boundary, the weirder it got. And finally somebody says, well, I think we need to broaden our perspective. And so in two thousand and seven a paper came out. It was lead author was Richard Firestone, Alan West, and I think there was seventeen co authors, including George Howard I think his name was on that paper as well. Where they begin to look at this well defined layer, can in a minute here we can pull up so people can see what actually defines that layer. It's called the black mate. You've heard of that, Yeah, Now there are black mats that are basically they are creating in environments where there's moisture, where algae blooms, and so there are different black matte layers with different dating, but there is a very prominent one at the Younger Drives boundary, and so they took a closer look at that, and what they found there was proxies for impact for an impact of some kind of a cosmic object, an asteroid or a comet or something in between. Like we now know that the whole definition of comet an asteroid has gotten very plastic, because used to be they were very distinct objects in space. But now what's happened there's a lot of hybrids and there's almost a continuum of objects. There are comet like asteroids and there are asteroid like comets. So whatever it was, and the critics of the hypothesis, one of the things that they kept emphasizing was that the proxies you know what I mean by a proc see in other words, we're not seeing the impact itself for the actual object. So we have to look at the secondary consequences. For example, if you have diamonds, nanodiamonds that are only created under extremely high pressure, right, that's a proxy, So you go, Okay, there had to be something here. We don't see the actual object, but we see the effects of that object, so that's a proxy. A proxy might be little marble like spherals that form when you have a hypervelocity impact. One of the things that it does is it rapidly melts not only itself but the target material that it crashes into, and that will create a vapor, and when that vapor cools and crystallizes out, it'll rain back to Earth and you'll get these small little microspherals. They're very shiny. That's a proxy. And you have metals platinum group metals that are rare in the surface of the Earth but abundant in asteroids, and meteors like a radium and platinum, osmium, ruthenium, and so if you see, and this is how they discovered back in seventy nine to eighty when the scientists Walter Alvarez and his father and their team discovered that there had been an impact at the KT boundaries. It's called that's the one sixty six million years ago where the dinosaurs went extinct. For years and years, the question had been what caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Well, so Walter Alvarez and his team, they were looking at this boundary layer very kind of in a way similar to the Younger Dryas boundary layer, except separated by sixty six million years, right, But they're looking at this boundary layer, and they wanted to know over this little thick layer, they want to know, Okay, how long did it take for this layer here to be deposited. Was it a couple of days or was it a couple of centuries or what was it? So they knew that there's a steady rain of cosmic material, a gentle, steady rain of microscopic cosmic material to the Earth from space. Right, Iridium is one of those things that comes down in this cosmic dusting that's taking place constantly even as we speak. But so what they were going to do is they were going to look at the iridium and try to figure out because they pretty much assumed the rate at which the iridium dust is accreating to the Earth. But then they looked there and they realized that, wait a second, this is like more than one hundred times more dense than the background amount. So just so right there at that kt boundary, you have this big spike of iridium above it, it goes back to the background, which is less than a hundredth and below it. So you've this much iridium below it, you've got this much iridium above it, and then in that one little little naire layer you've got a huge amount of a radium. So they contacted their colleagues around the world and to go, I said, go back and take a look at that KT boundary and see if there's an iridium spie. So there was scientists in Denmark and scientists in New Zealand that were early on. They go and they found the KT boundary in Denmark and they looked at it, and sure enough, there was a huge iridium spie in New Zealand. They looked huge iridium spike. Well over the next year or two, sites all over the world from that sixty six million year dinosaur killing era all had this cosmic metal. So then you sort of reverse engineer and you go, Okay, it looks like the entire planet got dusted with a radium. Now we know the percentage the content of iridium that's say in an asteroid, right, we know how much is in a meteorite. So in order to get enough iridium to dust the whole world. How big of an asteroid do you need to deliver that volume of iridium? Well, the calculations were about a six mile in diameter asteroid.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you've got a six mile in diameter asteroid coming in at you know, say fifteen miles per second, Think about fifteen miles per second that thing is moving it, you know, ten to ten to twenty times the speed of a high power for high powered rifle bullet. It's the size of Mount Everest. Right. Boom, Okay, that was it. That's set into motion this whole set of feedbacks that it looks like that ultimately took out the dinosaurs. And it may have not been overnight, but it was probably it was in a very very short period of time.
Speaker 1: And you're telling me that's a planetary wide event. That's what they call a true terminating event.
Speaker 2: That's a terminating event. Yes. Now, the event of younger Dryest Boundary, which is now dated to just a little bit younger than twelve nine hundred years, has similarities and parallels with the dinosaur killing event, but on a smaller scale. Because if a six mile asteroid cliff had struck the Earth twelve nine hundred years ago. We wouldn't be having this conversation today. In fact, we wouldn't even be here because human beings, unless they had figured out how to get into space, wouldn't have survived an event of that severity. You know, it was just it was worldwide. There was worldwide firestorms, There were vulcanism on a huge scale that was triggered. There was seismic responses like earthquakes ten to one hundred times more powerful than anything we've experienced in modern times. The list of acid rain with a of like one, so you know, it's like battery ass a rainstorm of battery acid. Then then there was the cosmic winter that you know, there was so for decades. Then the whole planet froze over. I mean, yeah, it was really bad time to be alive. Now, that's sixty six million years ago, the younger, dryest boundaries, like I said, a little bit less than twelve nine hundred years ago, and it's not of the same scale, and yet relative to what we've experienced in modern civilization and since the rise of modern science, it was extreme. It was an extreme event in its own right, and the more we learn about it, the more widespread it gets, like at first it was maybe just regional to North America. Well then you know, then then evidence is being found in Chile, in Argentina, in Patagonia, even looks like in Antarctica. Now it's being found recently, younger, driest evidence was found in Siberia. So it looks like it's worldwide.
Speaker 1: But it's not considered a terminating event because there obviously was some humanoids that were left. It killed most of the North American according to the writing the North American megafund of the big land animals, but obviously other parts of Europe and Asia and perhaps the South American area weren't affected as much, were they.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that's a very good question, Cliff. So we can consider that the loss of species is going to be directly a function of the loss of habitat. If you destroy the habitat that the particular species is adapted to and survives in and on that habitat, there's a very good chance that they will go extinct if they don't adapt. And what we see is that both North and South America lost about seventy five percent, about three quarters of their megafaunal species by the younger dryas. It looks like some of the extinctions might have started a little earlier. There may have been a few survivals past the younger dryests, but they died out shortly thereafter. But it looks like the younger dryat is pretty much the boundary where you see the final termination of the megafauna. Let's define megafauna anything more than about one hundred pounds in body weight, so that would qualify youman Eyecliff, as being megafauna you were in case you were wondering. So so three quarters, roughly three quarters now go to Eurasia, about thirty five percent go to Africa, about ten depends on who's counting, but ten, maybe fifteen percent. So what it looks like is the western hemisphere was more severely impacted, say than Europe and Asia and Africa for sure, the northern hemisphere probably more severely impacted than the southern hemisphere. I think that North America was probably ground zero for a series of impact events. But to me, what you can extrapolate from that is that, again, if the species loss is a yardstick for habitat loss, then the greatest habitat loss would have been in North and South America. And I used to think that North America had the most species loss, but South America is right there. They're very close in some course, and even with some estimates, South America might have lost a few more species in North America. And I haven't studied the geology and the planetary transitions in the region of South America like I have North America. But when we look at Africa, look at the Serengate Plaine and think about the megafauna. That's the greatest concentration of megafauna on Earth today. Seenate plane. You've got the elephants and giraffes, and hippos and rhinos, and you know all these animals. Buffalo, You've got list goes on and on right. You've got lions, You've got cheetahs, You've got all of the and those basically are left over from the Pleistocene, the epoch that was ended with the Younger dryas the unger biases. That's sort of the boundary, the marker for this transition between two and a half million years of the Pleistocene into the eleven six hundred years of the Holocene. And you think about the Holocene that's the geological term for it. The Holocene is basically where we see the rise of civilation. You know, and think about this cliff if you've got you go back eight to ten thousand years and this is when you see what they call it the agricultural revolution, one of these great transitions from a hunter gatherer migratory lifestyle into farming. Right, Okay, So this occurs in that millennia or two, right after the Younger drives and we see transition to farming. We see the domestication of animals on a wide scale. Again within that same meliu, we see the dispersion of languages. If you study languages in the language tree, you see that that major dispersion of languages takes place in that same window of a couple of millennium When did we see the first urban complexes arise in a few isolated places between seven and eight thousand years ago, we really see the major flowering of civilization, for example in Egypt or Samaria along the Tigris Euphrates River valley or the Indus River valley in that part of the world, or in you know, there was a rise of civilization along the Amazon at that time Graham Hancock has documented that quite well, we see the very first monumental earthwork architecture in America during that same few centuries. That is putting us between forty five hundred years ago and five thousand years ago. What's becoming a parent now, Cliff. The evidence is pointing to the fact that, just like there were many species that went extinct, you do not think about this. You don't go in and exterminate three quarters of all species and in a quarter that's remaining is completely unscathed. And in fact, think about the near extinction of the American bison. Okay, so roamed there was millions of them, you know, in the early eighteen hundreds. Now you get to the turn of the century and there's only a few hundred. Now you can go in, of course, into the supermarkets and buy bison berger right. Yeah, But here's the thing. If we're looking back, if we're looking back from ten thousand years into the future, you might never know that the bison came within an inch of becoming extinct. Right, You could easily miss that. You'd yeah, there was millions of them there, and hey, look here, one hundred and fifty years later, we see evidence that they're you know, they're eating bison burgers, right, But think how easy it would be to miss the fact that the American bison almost went completely extinct but then rapidly recovered. You know, once the conditions change and whatever forces were driving that mortality, that changes and so now the species can quickly recover. So my point is, if you extrapolate from that, there was probably a near extinction of all species, like in North America. You know, let's let's take moose or grizzly bear. There were grizzly bears during the ice stage, but they didn't go extinct. There were horses in North America, and they did go extinct in North America, but not in Eurasia. Right. But here's what I'm getting at, bring it home. Do you think that events that were that severe that could wipe out three quarters And you've got to talk about if you're talking about mammoths, if you're talking about saber toothed cats, the giant ground slaws, dire wolves, the giant camels that roam the southern United States, the giant beavers, everything's big, right, the giant Armadello's. If you look at all of these creatures, right, They're all completely gone. There couldn't be even a single mating pair left. Every single individual mammoth had to be killed, had to be destroyed. Now here's the thing I'm getting at. The evidence is now showing pretty conclusively that there was a culture called the Clovis culture, which I know you've heard of. The Clovis culture. They're the They occupied North America roughly three to four hundred years prior to the Younger Dryas. Where they came from is an open question. What happened to me, because there was over fifty Clovis sites around unglaciated North America that became completely unoccupied post Younger Dryas, So there's two questions where they come from. What happened to them? Well, I think what happened to them was the Clovis culture became extinct. Most of them were killed off by the same catastrophes that wiped out the wooly mammoths and the rest of the megafaunam Now, and this is showing up all over the world. We're seeing evidence that there was a popular, major population crash coming out of the Younger Dryas, right, and the next three four or five thousand years, I think what the evidence is now showing is that just like the bar con bison once recovered, human species began to recover, but it took three to four thousand years. And the reason we see this flowering of civilization all in that Meliu between forty five hundred and five thousand years ago is because it essentially took that one. You're not going to build monumental architecture if you don't have a labor force. You got to bran. There's got to be more people and to do to undertake something like that, you have to have enough people that there's a whole segment of society that's providing the food, the clothes, the shelter for the for the labor that is building the temples in the monumental earthworks in North America and South Americans so on. So you have to have this recovery. And I think that's why we don't see a lot of stuff up until about forty five hundred to five thousand years ago, and then almost as if somebody blew a whistle. You see the flurry of activity. You see it in Samaria, you see it in Egypt, you see it in the along the Indus Valley, you know, the whole civilization that arose there. You see it in North America, you see it in South America, and you see it in British Isles in northern Europe. Because think about Stonehenge and so on, those early megalithic structures in the British Isles date to that same period.
Speaker 1: But are those all reboot sites? Randall? Are we talking about reboot sites?
Speaker 2: Now? There's a great question. Yeah. I think in a lot of cases we are, because there's evidence that many of those sites were occupied earlier and were considered to be if you're sacred, whatever that we define that term to mean. I would say that it probably implies that there's a special quality or energy to these sites related to the geological composition and structure of the site and its relation to the heavens above. I think we're looking there, possibly at an ancient science of uniting heaven and Earth, because doesn't it seem And I know you've now seen enough of this to see the similarity, the underlying similarity of so many of these ancient structures. Yea, even though they don't look you know, you could look at Egyptian pyramids or an Egyptian temple it looks very distinct from you know, what they were building in Samaria with the zig rots, and the step looks very distinct from what they were doing in North America with these I don't know if you've ever visited any of the the.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I haven't been to any of the mound builders, but they I gotta go, I gotta, I gotta go and lift Carlson to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm gonna be I'm not gonna give you any rest. You gotta get out and see where.
Speaker 1: They get out and see especially up and down the Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kahokia will blow your mind. I mean that what's called the Monks Mound is just enormous, and you're going to be going, Okay, how many people did it take to build this thing? And then a course to every person that's engaged in that, there's got to be ten people. That's part of the support infrastructure, and that's that's an important point. But what I'm getting at is that it looks like we got a model. And of course this would be the subject to refinement and improvement and all of that, but it looks like there was a mortality event that a bottleneck in human population around the world. It took three four thousand and five thousand years for the human population to recover to the extent that we can now look and see the fruits of their handiwork.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're saying nine five hundred years approximately, is when this impact came. Wipes out megafauna, wipes out whatever I think you said last time was roughly eighty five percent of humanity estimated was destroyed. Who was I mean, this is the Atlantis question. Atlantis was other sophisticated early Egyptian cultures. Perhaps there were pre Inca people who were around building stuff, and this is Graham's story. Graham's talking about these early people. What is the evidence now, I have been to Egypt every year. I think the pyramids are pre cataclysm. I think the culture that built them were engineer, brilliant engineers, and that is a calling card for them. But we don't have a traditional science does not believe there was a pre culture, a pre devastation culture, because there's according to them, there's no part charts. But I think we're getting there now. I think our technology is getting there. You look under the water and there's evidence of ruined. We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Randall Carlson, presenting the Great Upheaval. Will be right back. My guest today is Randall Carlson. He is known as the Rogue Geologist. We're talking about a number of topics, including the torn meteor stream and how the Earth passes through this precarious event twice Yearly, let's talk about one or two of these ruins that were part of this impact. What about We talked about Tiwana Ku and Bolivia beforehand. That place, Randall is cut by a group of geniuses. We don't know what the technology was. It looks like a welding torch of some kind of laser, and these are megaliths of a precision that we just can't conceive of.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, it's pretty mind boggling, it sure is. And you know, one of the points I try to make. You know, we're talking about the Great Uphevil, But one of the points I try to make is that many archaeologists, even geologists, are not trained in catastrophic geology. They may a good point, yeah, yeah, they're not trained in catastrophism. They don't know. They haven't necessarily studied the effect of hypervelocity impacts, solar outbursts and coronal mass ejections and what effects they may have, the effects of what an ice age will do rising, you know, think about sea levels rising and falling more than four hundred feet, the great floods, where you have these gigantic, unbelievably huge floods sweeping over the land. They don't really, that's not part of their worldview. And so what they don't understand is that, see, they when they came up and were trained geologists were used to be trained the fundamental concepts of geology and earth history were called uniformitarian right, which is a very powerful tool to use to understand the past. The problem is is that we can look and we can go Okay, the present is the key to the past. So if we're trying to decipher events that happened in the past, we refer to things that you can see going on today and we essentially extrapolate backwards. Now, within that framework, you might have a local catastrophe like a volcano going off for an earthquake, but you don't have anything that encompasses an entire continent the or much less the world as a whole. Right, okay, So in that model, you might go, okay, well, if everything is changing so slowly one grain of sand, one drop of water at a time, we don't even really even notice the change over a single life span. It requires multiple lifespans, right, Well, okay, so now you've got this false picture because it's half correct, but it's missing a whole. Half of the equation is that from time to time, that nice, placid pace of slow incremental change suddenly gets interrupted in a major way and boom, do you know what? Proverbial? You know what hits the fan big time. If you don't take account of that, you're not going to be able to have a realistic model of the human past. And when you'd see the direct effects, let's say, of a water flow over the land of a half a billion qubic feet per second, you realize that what doesn't matter what was there, whatever was there is completely erased from eliminated from existence. You could have had a city there, and a half a billion qubic feet per second is going to wash the entirety of that city away. You're talking about flooding, right, flooding, yes, flooding okay, and flooding. Gigantic floods were part of this whole great upheaval. It encompassed both firestorms on a large scale, and it encompassed we now know, volcanic eruptions on a huge scale and involved major seismic shaking and earthquakes. And the one of the effects was these gigantic antic floods that are being documented from all having occurred all over the world. There were tsunamis apparently that were huge. There's a tsunami. You know, Dallas Abbot as a scientist who has been studying the effects of tsunamis on the continental coastlines of the world, and they're everywhere. There's the one in Madagascar, Madagascar, off the east coast of Africa.
Speaker 1: The most recent one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It appears to be associated with a submarine crater. It's about two miles under the water that would have generated a giant tsunami and when it made landfall at against Madagascar, it was at least six hundred and fifty feet high. Now we've seen the devastation that can be caused, like the two thousand and four Indonesian tsunami that killed a quarter million people. You watch those videos, they're mind blowing. Or the videos of the tsunami that hit Japan back when the new Clear reactor got affected. You remember that, yeah, yeah, right, And so you look at those videos and you go, Okay, here's a tsunami wave that's thirty to fifty feet high when it makes landfall. What would a six hundred foot six hundred and fifty foot tsunami do to the coastlines? Right? So if you had a city, if you had a village, a settlement on the coastline, and you have a two hundred foot tsunami hitting again, there's not going to be anything there. You're not going to find potzards, You're not going to find anything really, And so this is the problem. The problem is is that they don't understand how powerfully the planet was affected by these events. And when you have one hundred thousand years and there's the glaciers come and go four times. Think about this, A half mile two mile and a half thick glacier grinding over the landscape covered more than half of North America for example. Okay, that glacier rapidly melts how are you going to know what was there in that land before the glaciers came. Whatever the glaciers don't destroy, whatever, the ice doesn't destroy. The melt water, the huge volumes of meltwater and the ensuing floods is going to destroy the rest and given it. If we look at the rise of modern civilization Cliff, we see the two preferred places where we first see settlements turning into villages villages turning into cities is on coastlines and in river valleys. Right think about the every Think about the Samerian civilization Tigris Euphrates River. Think about the Harappan civilization along the Indus River. Think about Graham's South American civilization along the Amazon, think about civilization. You know the scale of the things we see along the Mississippi and Ohio rivers in North America. The list goes on Egypt of course, the Nile River right now, if you have an event like the Younger dryers and the scale of flooding that we're talking about here, every one of those rivers is going to be overwhelmed. It's gonna make like what happened in Texas on the Guadalupe River like nothing like a trickle.
Speaker 1: So the river gets huge. But do tsunamis come through a.
Speaker 3: River, No, no, no, no, no. Tsunamis come from the ocean. Like although, look, if you've got a river coming down to the coastline, that tsunami wave, the force of that can backwash up a river valley and they will do that.
Speaker 1: Right, these single term events, like let's give an example, like if we look at Cairo, where there's a tremendous amount of buildings. If the Nile river right rises dramatically over say a day, does it stay that way, does it devastate like a huge volume of water and then recede, or does it keep coming.
Speaker 2: Well, now, of course it's controlled. They built the Aswan Dam and it controls the flow. But before that, you would have every summer around late July, you would have the floods coming from the Ethiopian highlands in the headwaters of the Nile, the Blue Nile and the White Nile. That water would flow north towards the Mediterranean. And basically they had a whole ritual that they would do. The priests would get out and they would observe what was called the Haliacal rising of Sirius the Dog Star would rise after being invisible from the latitude of Egypt. There from the latitude of Cairo, it was invisible for about seventy days, and then because of the Earth's movement around the sun late July, you would see Sirious rise in the east just moments before the sun right, and then the sun the next day, the sun would have moved a little farther away, next day a little far the way, so each day you would see Sirious rising a little bit early. Right. But there was that first day, And the symbolism of the dog is likely because they thought of dogs as being giving fore warning. Dogs bark and they warn you of something, right, the dog star for whatever coincidence, and I don't think anybody claims it's other than the coincidence, but I don't know. I'm not convinced. Right after that rising called the Haliacal Rising of Sirius the Dog Star Haliakal because it's rising with the sun. The Nile River floods would come from the headwaters right, they would sweep north to the Mediterranean, and when those waters drained off, they would leave a fresh layer of alluvium that is the stuff that's being deposited, and so it builds up. And basically, when the warning came that the floods were impending, which was associated with the rising of Sirius, they would vacate the valley and the river would flood deposit the alluvium, and they would go back and plant their crops. So that's kind of how it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the rumors are that the desert area of Egypt were much greener than they are now.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I mean that's well established. Yeah, I mean it's well In fact, the sand that covers that's the harem is relatively thin veneer and if you remove that sand, what's underneath it is a water scoured bedrock landscape with channels and river valleys, the remains of huge lakes that were covered North Africa during several episodes. It looks like there was much more rainfall during the Late Ice Age. Then there was also a period after the Younger Dryas where there was more rainfall down to between six and seven thousand years ago, and then the monsoon apparently shifted and those rains ceased and then it became a desert. But yeah, there was a whole culture of people that lived in the lush Sahara eight nine thousand years ago, and who they are, where they came from is not known, although our paper I recently read was speculating that they came from the West, migrated across and ultimately maybe came from the area of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, which, Yeah, that is interesting because what does that kind of suggest the connection, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I've had a couple of guys on the show Randal that have speculated that the northern part of on the Pacific side of Africa was where the land of Atlantis was because they found there some geological formations that were circular in format I think we've talked about this before. Yeah, And I don't know if it was big enough to support a culture. The bigger problem for me is that they've had guys go out there. There's no evidence of foundations. There's no evidence of bricks, no evidence of any civilization there, right, And even if it was a geological event, that's that's the terminating event. You're going to see something, you know, shows us formations of civilization, you know what I mean? Bricks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, I don't you know. I have studied pretty deeply into the whole Atlantis question, mostly through reading Plato's two dialogues and multiple multiple translations, including even slogging through the original Greek a number of years ago. One thing is very, very cris still clear. In his dialogues, Plato's Atlantis is described as being an island. When you're talking about the Reshat structure, Recat Recat Reshat structure. I think it's a soft season.
Speaker 1: That's it, that reformation, geological formation in Africa.
Speaker 2: It's just to me, it doesn't fit the bill. First of all, it's an island. It's not an island. It's like fifteen hundred feet above sea level. And Plato's pretty explicit that it was an island. And we could do a share screen right now if you want it, and might still show you some things. Let's do it, Okay, So you see this red line. There's a restructure there. Oh there it is, yeah, yeah, right down here, and then there's two confirmed impact craters and they form a perfectly straight line. And I just pointing that out because it's kind of a coincidence, I think, unless it's part of the same, you know, because the early first discoveries of reshaft structure was that it was an impact crater. Now I think the consensus is that it's a volcanic event. If I go backwards here, let's see. Yeah, this is a cross section now and it looks like it's this dome shaped structure here that's downfaulted. Like you can see, this is a fault line here, and this is a fault here, and you got like this down here below it says like ryolytic magmas, magmas like lava, right, hydrothermal bretcha is these up and here what that is Breca means broken rock and this was stuff that was broken rock. The hydro thermal means that it was like hot water, right. And then you've got these different layers here. You've got like it says, quartzitic sandstone in this upper layer here. Anyways, this is actually showing that there is a subterranean structure to this thing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you said that. You're thinking, or they're thinking, is that it was a volcano at one.
Speaker 2: Time, Well it's it could have been. It was probably a magma plume that pressured upwards and created a dome. And here you can you here you can see in this you see this is called.
Speaker 1: The box photograph.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is so you see, it's actually part of this. There's a huge magma chamber below it. So if that magma is pressuring upwards, it can cause a bulge. Now, think of this. If you've got a layered bulge cliff and then let's say you've got a flat and it's multiple layers and then it bulges up. You still got the layers, but they curve up. Now imagine you slice the top of it off. Well, what you're going to now see is a ring structure, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It looks artificial, and that's why I can see what a lot of people might have thought it was man made. Well, very strange looking.
Speaker 2: When you let's see here, this is all the scientific work on the Reshat structure, which is also called the Eye of Africa.
Speaker 1: And wow, they've been looking at it for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this goes back to what was the year here, This goes back well last twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: But this thousand and eight right there on.
Speaker 2: Thousand and eight. Yeah, it was discovered by shuttle flights. Yeah, and it was thought to be probably impact related, but now they're calling referring to hydro thermalism played an important role in the evolution of the Reshat complex. It is responsible notably for the Karst collapse central megabresh of formation. Karst is where you have limestone solution, and it's almost like a vertical cave, right, because you know caves form in limestone where water flows through limestone, it erodes it out and it creates caves. But if it's like a vertical shaft, it's like a krst. A sinkhole would be like what a car sty is. See, we don't need to get into I've covered all of this ilgy on.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to make is you are somewhat in agreement with me and some others that the place that Plato called Atlantis was impacted by this event. Uh, we don't really have a mythology of the impact. We only have flood myths, right do we have Do we have firestone, fire and brimstone? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely we do. Now here's a satellite view of the reshaft structure.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: What I'm going to do is a lot of times they're saying, well, it's a multi ring structure, and Plato describes a multi ring structure and kias well. He also he's very explicit and precise about the dimensions he gives. So I've reconstructed I've created a whole three D model of the ringed structure of Atlantis, right the ringed city. Oh, and that blue circle that you see right here, that's it to the same scale as the Reshat structure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's tiny.
Speaker 2: It's huge when you're standing there looking at it. But compared to the Reshat structure, which is like twenty five miles wide, yeah, it's much smaller.
Speaker 1: So you're taking the Plato's or whatever information we have on the Atlantis seaport, which is since rings area, and you reproduce Oh, is this is it?
Speaker 2: Let's see here, So this is what this is. As I enlarged. This is the scale actually what Plato describes here relative to the Reshat structure. Then just for fun I enlarged the circular city to roughly the scale of the Reshaft structure and superimposed it.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: You see, and it's not really the same when you look at it. But the main thing is is that this is this is the true scale right here. This is based directly on Plato's description numbers represent the distance in stays, and one Greek stage was six hundred and eight feet, that's well known. So the outer ring was three stays, So then the measure of that would be six hundred and eight times three or nine hundred and twenty four feet. And then you had this ring of land and this is all taken directly from Plato's description of this of the circular city. Then, so now you would have nine hundred and twenty four feet here, nine hundred and twenty four feet here, so times two, you're now up to eighteen hundred and forty eight feet going from outer water ring outer lane. Then you get to the next water ring, which is two stags, and then the next land ring, which is two stags. Then you get to a water ring which is one and you get to this which was five states in width. So you can just add them up, right, If you add all of these up, which is what I did. Let's see here, we can see that it would be let's go three plus three plus two plus two plus five plus one plus one plus I'll just go four plus six. We've got twenty seven stags and that would be times six hundred and eight feet. So you're looking at sixteen thousand feet, so you're looking about three miles in mile, three mile width, three mile width. Yes, okay, rough, it seems very military to me. Is that you think that was purposely done? Maybe it doesn't seem functional, but maybe it was. Well. Plato said then that there was this three hundred foot wide canal that connected to the ocean, so that ships could come in. And here's sort of a three d oblique view. So this is the let's say it's oversimplified. Let's say this is the ocean canal coming in. And then there was a bridge that linked all of the rings. But there was enough room, it was elevated enough the ships could sail under the bridge, and you could have foot traffic or you know, people walking or carts or whatever on the bridge. But underneath the bridge, the ships could sail in to the different rings. And here's more or less you can kind of get the picture. So you see there's an opening under the bridge, so a ship could come in the outer ring of waters, sail through the canal, come to the inner ring, sail through another canal, and and ultimately got up here to which was the temple of Posiona mm hmm. So there you can kind of kind of get the picture of it that that's oversimplified. But yeah, it's all to the exact accurate scale that Plato describes.
Speaker 1: And where where is the sitting off of it's close to the Azores or where.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, nobody knows this is This is a description. Whether it really existed or not is one question. I don't know the answer has.
Speaker 1: The problem We really don't know where.
Speaker 2: However, there's two things to two parts to the Atlantis story. There's the geology describing the island complex and all of its attributes, which actually, in my opinion fits the Azor it's better than any other place. Then then there's the second part, which involves the description of this city and which is phenomenal on its on its scale. Right. Well, we could take the city completely out of the story and we would still have a potential Atlantis in the region of the Azores.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: That could have been a seafaring culture, but without all this infrastructure. See, so there's two parts. Is the is this scale of this infrastructure plausible? I don't know. It's It would be an enormous undertaking to actually built this thing, right, But on the other hand, the geological description of Plato gives is pretty much right on for describing the Azores and what the science now tells us as Azores is a part of a micro continent. The Azores islands are the peaks of mountains, and those mountains are in the uh Azors micro continent. And it's it's dun. We could go through a lot of it. But so then here's here's Plato's description, taken directly from his account. The inner island, five states in diameter, five stags at six hundred and eight feet equals three thousand and forty. And so I've gone through and worked all the numbers. And now this is interesting because three thousand and forty is half a nautical mile, which is, you know what basically sailors use, and a nautical mile is six thousand and eighty feet. So interestingly, Plato's numbers line right up with our traditional methods of measuring distance, how sailors measured the distance. And then we have this magic number forty three thousand, two hundred, and that basically, if we take that the basic unit that Plato gives us here, which is three thousand and forty feet, times this, it gives us this conce of the earth, okay, and then if we divide that by pie, it gives us the diameter of the earth.
Speaker 1: And we don't know what I mean. If you listen to Edgar Caseying's other the impact period that was destructive to Atlantis was that when Atlanta's was more of an island than a continent. Right, So we don't really know what it was. But if you were to choose another Prediluvian culture that was impacted by this h younger, dryest impact, what would you what would you choose? Randall?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, here's the difficulty is I mean, we could look at like the Solutrean culture in Europe, you know, the origins of some of these, like the the Berber culture in Morocco, the Basque culture there on borderlines and where did these people come from? And I well, let's see, I got another one here could probably show you that would give you the idea. Let's look at this, Yeah, it's beautiful. Well. Plato describes Atlantis as being outside to the west of the Pillars of Hercules, which is right here the Straits of Gibraltar, and he says that when you sail west and I have these quotes all in here, you come to a group of islands, and you've got Madeira, you've got the Canaries all in here, and then beyond that was the island civilization of Atlantis. And it turns out that right in the middle of the Atlantic, along the mid Atlantic Ridge, there is the Azores called micro continent, and it's this thing right here, right, And then Plato says, if you keep going from there, you get to the true continent that's on the other side of the ocean, which very suggested because supposedly the Greeks did not know about North America. He describes North America. Now the reshat structure down here right. To me, the geography is wrong, the geology is wrong, the scale of the thing is wrong. There's no evidence that there was, Like you said, there is evidence of probably hunter gatherers.
Speaker 1: There are no artifacts of a civilization really correct.
Speaker 2: Correct, And here's kind of oblique view. And I would argue that this area here is the best candidate there is for Atlanta. If Atlantis was real, this is the best candidate for it right here. And it fits his description as to the geography and the location. A lot of the geology matches what he describes, and it's also evident that it has undergone subsidence since the end of the last Ice Age, which is in critically important for making sense of the Atlantean story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's a great map. But you know, the other thing is there's a lot of evidence for very early Maya settlements in the Yucatan of Mexico. And it's my feeling that the Maya are a derivative of Atlantinian people, but not just them. It was a multicultural race. We see it in the evidence of their sculptures and their reliefs. There's Caucasian, African centric, Asian centric, European centric people that lived in Mexico.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, so I'm going to do another share screen here. Let's go do this.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Randall Carlson, discussing the Great Upheaval. We'll return with you shortly. My guest today is Randall Carlson, and we are discussing the catastrophic destruction of Earth at approximately nine BC. This is a almost a terminating event that wipes out megafauna, the living animals of the planet, and most of the humans that are occupying known and unknown locations from around the world. What is the color screen, Randall? Is that some kind of a geological scan that you did this one? What is that?
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, the colors are based on elevation above and below sea level.
Speaker 1: It's a geological map.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well yeah, it's a kind of a topographic map.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the light green is higher, the darker the blue, the deeper it is, for example, in the ocean, and like up here in Scandinavia that kind of beige. That means it's a higher elevation and you can kind of see it. Let's see same colors here. See the deeper blues are the deep ocean basin. And this would have been this would be the continental land mass here, this would be Europe, this would be North America. And this is a it's basically a sunken micro continent. And I'm going to show you. Here we go. Let's see, I got a speed through here. Excuse me. While I speed through, I'm going to get down to As you can see, I got a lot of stuff here on it. Let a lot yeah, yeah, uh probably have to go through this as well. Let's see, there we go. Okay, so okay, here we go. So that's where I would put Atlantis. And that's pretty much the outlines of the Azors micro continent and the the mountainous area here. The nine islands of the Azores are the peaks of those mountains that are that are on this plateau. And there's evidence that it sank at the end of the last ice Age. And I go into some pretty detailed explanation of how that describing that whole process. Here's here's the Azor's micro continent right here. You can see it, and you can see how it's west of the Pillars of Hercules. There are, as he describes, there are islands on the way to Atlantis. Then you get to Atlantis, and then if you keep sailing beyond Atlantis, you get to what he says, the opposite continent that's part of the true Ocean, which would be the Atlantic as compared to the Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: Does Plato actually use the word continent in his.
Speaker 2: Writing, Well, he uses a Greek term that is translated as continent. More so more so he uses the term nasos, which is island. And this would not be a true continent. Here, this is a feature now that's called a micro continent. And so let me show you here. This is wow, this is what I would consider now the dispersal paths. There, you got one path going to uh Morocco and the Atlas Mountains. There, you got one going to the Canaries. There, you've got one going to the Basque region. There, you've got one going up to southern England. There, you've got one going into the Mediterranean all the way to Egypt. There, you've got one going down to Cuba, which would have been likely an outlier for Atlantis. Here you've got one going to the Yucatan Peninsula and the Mayan So this fits exactly what you just said. And then I think we also got a migration to the southeastern United States.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I've always thought that there were satellites of Atlantis. These are dispersal.
Speaker 2: Points for certainly, you know obviously when when this thing sank uh it was completely abandoned, right, But those are completely compatible ideas that you know that. And Plato describes that Atlantis was a far flung empire and traded with all kinds of other cultures around the world. So It's likely that these would have been outposts of Atlanta, and that would have been the natural places to go to seek refuge. If the homeland was about to be destroyed, these places where Atlanteans had already set up shop would be the obvious places to go.
Speaker 1: Do you have a sense of them being cosmologically sophisticated enough to get the hell out of there before? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well see here's the thing. Sea levels started rising around fifteen thousand years ago. Plato describes the final destruction of Atlantis at eleven thousand, six hundred, which is the upper interestingly, the upper younger, driest boundary. Well, once the glaciers over North America and Europe started melting, sea levels started coming up. So if you have an island community and island civilization, I mean, think about all the concerns now about oh, sea level might rise two feet in the next fifty years, and oh we got to be all in panic mode because of how it's going to affect our culture and our cities and communities that are on the coastline. Well, think about what a four hundred foot by sea level would do. Right, Well, So, if you've got sea levels coming up relatively fast, well, what's happening. Yeah, I mean you can see it. You can see it. From year to year, you're going to see those sea levels rising, and as they're rising, they're encroaching latterly and swallowing up land.
Speaker 1: But my point, though, Randall, is you know we can see a comments tell we can see the impending I would think hit of an asteroid. Were they sophisticated it at that time to be able to track it before an impact other than the rising of the ocean, obviously, But my thinking is that they did have enough sophistication to tell through telescopes or through whatever else that something was going to impact.
Speaker 2: A close encounter of a comet is going to be a spectacular thing to see just with the naked eye.
Speaker 1: But I mean, can they see it months ahead of time or years ahead of time?
Speaker 2: Here's what you got to remember. Let me stop share here. Here's what you need to remember is that you've got let's say you've got this is the Sun, and this is uh out here, this is Jupiter. This is the Sun. So now you've got a comet that's in an orbit that takes it out to Jupiter and then it comes back into the Sun. Now, is that comet's making that orbit, it could possibly be crossing Earth's orbit. Right, every time that comet is coming in towards the Sun, anybody on Earth, if it's coming close to the Earth, you're going to see it in the sky. Okay, it's going to be in. The closer it is, the more spectacular it's going to be. Right, So think about do you remember Shoemaker Levy nine in nineteen ninety four when twenty one pieces hit Jupiter. Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Vaguely? I do remember hitting You said, hitting Jupiter. That's when it caught to me. Yeah, yeah, there was a comet. Okay, So now here's what's happening. Is this comet's going around. Let me do it this way. Is this comet's going around. Let's say here's Jupiter and it's coming around Jupiter, and then it's coming around the Sun. Well, under certain conditions, each passage of that comet will draw the heavy gravity field of Jupiter will draw it in closer. And that's what happened with Shoelaer Shoemaker Levy nine. It had undoubtedly been orbiting between Jupiter and the Sun for millennium, but each time it made passage Jupiter's like sucking it in closer and closer. Then in March of nineteen ninety three it was discovered using telescopes and Gene Shoemaker, Carolyn Shoemaker and David Levy were co discoverers, and they begin to study it. And comet orbits are elliptical, right, and they have a certain geometry. So if you have too, if you can recreate the orbital geometry, the shape and size of that ellipse, the orbital ellipse, and you can get the timing of it along enough of a section of that ellipse, you can now predict where it's going to be in the future. It took three months of observations and they were able to predict that in the next go round it was going to pass the Sun and head back out to Jupiter, and it was going to cross Jupiter's orbital path. But at the point where it's going to cross that orbit orbital path, it just so happened to Jupiter was going to be right there at that moment. At that weed they were able to predict that this comet which was had been ripped, had been a single object as it passed through Jupiter's hyper powerful gravity field. The gravity field ripped it apart into twenty one pieces. Wow, those twenty one pieces spread out and came back in the second week of July nineteen ninety four, just as predicted.
Speaker 2: Boom, boom, boom. One after another twenty one pieces slams into Jupiter. If any one of those pieces had hit Earth would have been that would have pulled the plug on human civilization. Really oh yeah, And if all twenty one of them had hit the Earth, that would have been mass extinction eighty ninety percent of all species humans, we would have been gone. Right, this happened and we witnessed it nineteen ninety four. Yeah. So, now here's the thing I'm trying to get at. If you've got an object that's circling the Sun and even going out to Jupiter and it ultimately is an impactor on Earth, there's two types of impactors we can think of. One it comes out of the blue and we don't know it, no way to predict it, because it comes on its own path. It strikes the Earth, or it misses the Earth and goes back out into space never to return. If that's a long period comet, a short period comet is orbiting pretty much in the Earth's orbital plane, the plane of the ecliptic. And if we know that things hit the Earth, well before they hit the Earth, they're making this passage, this loop, and each loop they're being drawn in closer and closer to that moment of impact. Right, if you're a culture, you might witness a comet coming back, like Comet Ink, which is part of the Torred meteor stream, has a three point three year return. It comes back to the Sun every three point three years. Well, if you let's say that's a big comet nucleus, because Ankee probably was a small piece of a much bigger comet. So if you're watching that and it's part of the torred by the way, part of the torred stream, you're seeing that every three point three years, you're seeing this comet coming through the sky. First time you see it, it's pretty far out there. It's just a nice little site. It looks more like a bright star with a tail. Now three and point three years later you see it again, but now it's bigger and brighter. Three point three years later it's back again, and now it's even bigger and brighter. Right, you get what I'm seeing so just somebody witnessing this from the surface of the Earth might get pretty alarmed, say, hey, that thing is getting closer and closer.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that the Lentini has probably got the hell off the island fairly consistently because they're not guessing them that IMPACT's going to come, and they knew it was going to be coming soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that there were a whole uh, you know, astronomical priesthoods whose job it was, we know this, to watch the heavens. And in order to identify let's say, processional motion, you have to be uh obsessive skywatchers. And when we look at the tales of old, what we find over and over again is uh things like serpents, cosmic serpents, and dragons and heaven all of that. Well, that was the metaphor that was used for these celestial visitations of shooting stars, meteors, comets, asteroids and all of that.
Speaker 1: What are we doing today though, to cover our ass for not much?
Speaker 2: We're not doing enough.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what's gonna happen if we get if we see somebody coming close solid body, we don't have anything to do to deflect it, Dewey.
Speaker 2: Well, we did. The Dark mission was the first test to see if it was realistic to nudge an object that was on an impact trajectory with the Earth to nudge it enough so it would miss the Earth. We have the potential, I mean, we could. I'm a huge advocate of the creation of a planetary defense system because I've been tracking this obsessively from the nineteen eighties and I know how frequently cosmic debris flies by the Earth that could have devastating consequences if it was just a little bit closer. Right, it's an overlooked hazard because the old, obsolete models are putting major impacts that tens to hundreds of thousands of years apart. The new data suggests that there's a whole lot been, a whole lot more impacts, more closely clustered than we had imagined twenty five years ago. And I don't think we've adjusted to that because part of the problem is that there are vested interests, for example, that don't want humans to be thinking about cosmic impacts because that might detract from the manufactured narrative of a carbon dioxide driven climate change or global warming, which in my opinion is pretty much manufactured on flimsy evidence, and that's something we could certainly talk about in another episode. But every time now that there is a what happened in North Carolina with the flooding, what just happened, And I knew instantly when this was going on that they would be trotting out the global warming scenario to explain it. But then that ignores the fact that there have been at least like four other equivalent scale flood events in that watershed in the last hundred years. So there's this whole agenda right now that is using the climate crisis, as they're calling it now to control energy production, distribution, and consumption. And that's the out I mean, that is the final result of the implementation of net zero policies. Net zero is going to require total control of energy, all energy use, right, and then you've got it gets complicated, and certainly it's something I feel is important to talk about. But the point is is that things happen naturally and humans could abandon the planet. We could all shut down our SUVs and our cars and quit using air conditioning and live in intents, right, but that's not going to stop catastrophic events, weather events from happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess My point is that I haven't heard from NASA or any special space agency talk about repelling an asteroid or a meteor that could be a triminating.
Speaker 2: Well, look up, look up the Dark Mission, Dart Dark Mission, you'll find some stuff there. But the point I was trying to make, Cliff, is that there are factions, agenda driven factions that only want people to focus on carbon dioxide and what that's going to do. And that's important, of course, But to me, the possibility and potential of a cosmic impact is orders of magnitude more important than what carbon dioxide is doing, because carbon dioxide has a limited ability to capture thermal energy, and four hundred parts per million is already past that limitation now, So most of the heat that is being captured by carbon dioxide in the atmosphere takes place in the first fifty two hundred parts per million, okay, and then it declines rapidly from there, like what would be called an in verse logarithmic scale, so that each increment of additional carbon dioxide is only going to capture one tenth as much heat as an equivalent previous increment of carbon dixe. So the more you add up to a point, the more you add, the less heat's going to be captured. And we're past that at four hundred plus parts per million, were past that, so it's not really an issue. Is the average temperature appear to be getting warmer? Yes, for two reasons. One because our baseline was the end of the Little Ice Age, the coldest millennia of the last ten thousand years. So if you use that as a baseline, and that'd be like saying, oh, well, we're going to take early March is our baseline, and then in July we're going to argue that the planet is you know, change, a planet is in a warming phase. It's unprecedentedly warm. Well, yeah, it will be if your baseline is early March, you know, and now you're talking about July. Well, the Little Ice Age was the coldest millennia of the last ten or twelve thousand years, so that's our baseline. The second thing is is that a lot of the warming has to do with the growth of urban complexes, and most of our weather data comes from weather monitoring stations that were installed at airports. Well, if you look at an airport fifty years ago, and then you look at it now, what you're going to see is that it's you know, it may have been a rural airport fifty years ago, and now it's surrounded by concrete and asphalt and buildings, air conditioning, condensing units, all of these things like that are absorbing heat. And the cities, now some of the major cities are implementing mitigation efforts to lessen the impact of that urban heat island defect. Well, well, you're not being told when you're getting okay, here is the unprecedented warmest temperature every here's records are being broken. What you're not being told is that those records mostly are coming from urban areas that anywhere from three to ten degrees warmer than the surrounding rural countryside. That's called the urban heat island effect. So there's a lot of manipulation going on that people who have not looked into this don't understand, and so they're easily manipulated. They're easily indoctrinated into believing this is a crisis. Yet there are things you watch within the next month or two will probably see a major flyby. They're coming by every few months now fly by.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by flyby?
Speaker 2: A flyby like an asteroid type? Oh okay, flying by the Earth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, amazing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you want to know about asteroid mitigation efforts, look up the Dark Dat Dark Mission game and that'll tell you. So those are that's like our first inroads into this effort to look at how we might implement a planetary defense system. I am trying to I now know a few people that are working in the Space Force and at one point Matt Lomyer, I don't know if you know who Matt Lomier.
Speaker 1: Is, is not familiar.
Speaker 2: He wrote this book right here, Irresistible Revolution. Matt Lomier. This is him here, Lieutenant Colonel Matt Lomyer. He was set up as one of the second or i think second in command of Space Force when it was He's highly trained. He's like the top gun Tom Cruise movie guy. He's like that guy. Right. Anyways, he was in line to become a head of Space Force, but he wrote this book right there about the wokeness that was infiltrating and infecting the military, and he didn't think this was a good thing. He wrote this book and he went on a couple of interviews like we're doing right here, and he talked about why he thought it was going to harm the mission of the US military. He got booted Biden years. Yeah, he got the boot, which in effect proved what he was saying. Here's this hiding and millions of dollars invested in him to train him to become one of the top and you know, and I mean his his resume is extraordinary. But so yeah, he got the boot for speaking his mind about this and which proved his point right there. So anyways, what I'm getting at is, before he got the boot, we had he was organizing a conference where he was going to have like forty or fifty of the base commanders of Space Force and I was going to go and I was going to present a give a presentation on the importance of planetary defense and why I thought that should become a major part of the mission of Space Force. Well then COVID came along and didn't.
Speaker 1: Happen, wiped everything out.
Speaker 2: Wiped everything out. So then once they started opening up again and said you can start gathering, he started reorganizing to do again, to do the same conference. Well then his book came out and he got booted and so it never happened. But since then, I've met a couple of people now who are in Space Force, smart young men that have gone into Space Force, and hopefully it'll come back around again. And I if you know, if I get the invite or get the opportunity, I will most definitely go in and give my presentation on you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you would think it would be more outwardly presented to the public rather than a black box or a black ops kind of a project for the military, because you got to tell people what the potential is. You know, if there's an asteroid that's coming close to us that could affect not only our weather but actually have an impact, that's pretty serious, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely it is. And it's like I said, it's it's an overlooked issue, which is too bad. I would really like to see I would really like to see more attention given to that. And I'm gonna just I think I've got something here, handy. Let me see if it's handy, and I will.
Speaker 1: It's going to be your final final graphic, and then we got to let you go. I promised ninety minutes. And as work, we're getting over the hour there.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, and like I've got a hard stop coming up in a minute.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's why I wanted to kind of conclude us here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's let's let's leave it with this then I will I'll show you when I got here, well very quickly, just to create impression.
Speaker 1: That's pretty harrowing, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well, see, this is what people don't know. And so I've gone through here. You can see. I started in the late eighties monitoring every close encounter we had, and you can see here if I just go through.
Speaker 1: Wow, you actually had the actual dimensions of.
Speaker 2: These Oh yeah, yeah, I've done a whole study. Near Miss asteroid revealed its two bodies, all eyes on near Miss asteroid. It was a close call for planet Earth. This is great. Yeah. On at midnight Greenwich meantime, on August tenth, nineteen ninety eight, asteroid mL fourteen crossed the orbit of the Earth at the exact point that the latter had occupied eighteen hours earlier. Had mL fourteen reached that point at six am the previous morning, an area of the size of France would have been totally devastated. By six oh five. Most of the world's vegetation would have been in flames by eight o'clock and thirty to forty percent of the human race would have been dead or dying by late October. Now, this was a near miss, and this is happening frequently. So you can see asteroid estimates too low, asteroid makes close approach, Scientists worry over asteroids, huge asteroid narrowly And these are all separate events. See wow, large asteroid passes close to Earth. Asteroid buzzes Earth too close for comfort. Asteroid passed within seventy five thousand miles of the Earth. This is just like a This is almost like scraping the earth. See, so we could go through this and it goes on and on and on.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that they're actually presenting it news as newsworthy. But it's out there.
Speaker 2: But see, it's getting lost in the noise, is what's happening, Because there's so much bullshit now, Cliff, that people aren't paying attention to the To me, one of the most important issues facing our civilization right now is what I'm showing you right here. Because it goes on and on and on and and that's why I call this While mankind sleeps. Part of what I'm trying to do, Cliff is wake mankind the hell up and realize our planet is part of a larger ecosystem and we've got to start thinking big wow. And that's that's my message. So I'm gonna go out of here. Stop there.
Speaker 1: Randall Carlson, always a pleasure to have you on the program, and uh, very very insightful data. Hey, give us your your latest social media. I know you've got a new website your building, but give us your website how people can reach out.
Speaker 2: To you, Randall, Randallcarlton dot com. That's going to get you. Also, howtube dot com. I'm partners with with them now and they're hosting all my stuff. I'm also on Rombele. But Randallcarlton dot com should get to where.
Speaker 1: We should mention that you're rebuilding your website, So is a new one going to be up by summer end of summer or.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it should be up. At the rate it's going, it could be in two.
Speaker 1: Weeks, amazing. And we should also mention that you're gonna be all over the media here shortly, so you're you still have celebrity status.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, All night.
Speaker 1: Hey Man, great having you on the program. You're a blast. I really appreciate it. Thanks for joining.
Speaker 2: Thanks Cliff, I've always enjoyed getting together with you. One of these days. I hope we have never met in person.
Speaker 1: We haven't, you know. And we're gonna meet at Cosmic somebody I'm hoping to go next year. Get my act together, uh, and I'll meet you in person, So pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shake your hand and give you a bro hug, go have dinner whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a local brew. I'm a micro brew guy. Okay, all right, Hey, thanks again, Man, you got it.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 1: Right is a good one to have on the program because he demonstrates with graphs, photographs, and other images quite regularly, and we have it all for you on our YouTube channel Earth Just go to YouTube and go to Earth Ancients. It's gonna be up no later than the twenty six, which is a few days from now. We're gonna try to get it up midweek. We're still slowly moving to get our videos up around the same time that we released the audio our podcast at Earth Ancients here. So real fun having him on the program, and we're gonna do a best of the best with Randall probably before the end of the year. We have a best of the best we're working with with for Graham Hancock, and we got a nice one for Robert Temple. We've had Robert on the program three times already and we're gonna have him on again talking about a new book that he's working on. And you know, it's funny because he has actually been around longer than Graham Hancock, and some of his early books are not really recognized. He has a book on Egypt that is phenomenal. And if you haven't heard of Robert Temple, do a search for him. He is kind of an early research investigator, worked with people like Robert Beaval and John Anthony West and many many others searching out the various mysteries from our ancient past. So anyhow, I hope you enjoyed Randall Carlton. He's always fun to have on the program. And when I mentioned Earth Ancients does tours, we have a couple of tours coming up. We have our final tour of the year, which is our Sacred Temples of Guatemala December first through the twelfth. This is a great tour. We're about half four we're only taking twenty people. The reason this is unique is in Mexico, and we do Mexico every year as well. You can't climb any of the pyramids, you cannot move around the temples, you can't do strangely, can't do any ceremonies with shaman, any meditative practices. Is very, very restrictive because of the Catholic Church. Why because they are afraid people will become enlightened. And that's pretty sad. In Guatemala, it's a completely different story. There's shaman doing ceremony. There are techniques for working with the energies of the pyramids. We will climb, we will integrate with the pyramids, and we will have a great time. The entire itinerary for this tour is on Earth Ancients, Go to Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours. See the entire itinerary. And one last thing. We have the best prices. I'm always looking at our competitors, and most competitors are double. We're half of what most competitors charge for our tours. Okay, so that's Guatemala. We have a megalithic that is coming up April twenty eighth through May tenth of twenty twenty six. This is with Mohammed Ebrahim and the Sabatur team, and this is a great tour because we're going to be specifically looking for sites that have megalithic sculpture, megalithic buildings, and pyramidal structures, including the Hajuara Labyrinth and the pyramid in that area. And these are sites that are rarely visited. That is going to be a beauty. That's a rare chance to see some of the largest sculptures in the world, including the Ramsey two sculpture in Memphis. If you have not seen the Ramsey two sculpture, it's totally out of place. They don't know how it was carved. It was carved likely from a seven hundred ton block of granite. The exquisite nature of the carving is unusual. And if you want to see a picture of it, go to so Facebook can go to either my profile which is Cliff Dunning, or go to Facebook and go to Earth Ancients, either the group or the either the private or the group page public page and see this monstrosity. How they carve these sculptures is beyond any of the pharaohs, any of the dynastic periods. In fact, most archaeologists scratch their head and wonder why so. The Megalithic Tour of Egypt again is April twenty eighth through May tenth. For the full itenerary, go to Earth Ancients, dot com forward slash Tours, come out and join us. All right, that's it for this show. I want to think my guest today, Randall Carlson. Always a blast having Randall on the program as always, the team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster and Fasil Parves. You guys rock all right, take care, be well and we will talk to you next time.